The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable)[Ongoing - May 10th 2023]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
TITLE: Infinitely

WRITER: Laragh

STORY RATING: PG-13 to NC-17

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara, and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME, and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: Love will keep us together (sequel to Inevitable - the 10 years between end of 'Inevitable' and Epilogue)

NOTE: 'Inevitable' ended with an epilogue ten years into the future. I'd like to go back and fill in those gaps. As ten years is a long time, and a lot happened, I'm not going to try and finish it all before posting as goodness knows how long that will take. So this might stop and start, but I'm having fun writing and really do want to fill in all of that time! So thank you for your patience and indulging me because I really, really missed posting! So let's start with the summer after they come home and see where it goes…

Infinitely

adverb|in•fi•nite•ly|/ˈɪn.fə.nət.li/

Eternally; enduringly; endless
forever

The First Night Home

Hold Me, Baby
I'm Addicted To You

“Thank you so much, Ira, Sheila. Dinner was just lovely.”

Kimberly brushed her hand against Ira’s arm as she passed him on the way to the door.

“And thank you for the kosher apple pie,” Ira replied with a fond smile, “I fear a little mouse might be sneaking bites from it all night.”

“Thanks for dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Rosenberg,” Tara added with a small wave, “I really enjoyed the kugel.”

“Kugel,” Sheila corrected Tara’s already perfect pronunciation.

Tara just smiled politely and tried not to grin at the mocking face Willow pulled behind their backs.

Ira smiled back, but with creased eyes.

“It was nice to see you, Tara.”

In the doorway, Willow lingered and Kimberly pointedly walked away after squeezing Tara’s upper arm. Sheila wandered off, bored and Ira too cleared the scene after an uncomfortable clearing of his throat.

When they were alone, Willow wrapped her arms around Tara’s neck and rested her cheek on Tara’s collarbone.

“Well, that wasn’t a total train-wreck.”

“I would even suggest it went well,” Tara replied softly.

“Mmm, don’t jinx it,” Willow mumbled back and kissed Tara’s neck.

She pulled back and smiled sadly.

“I guess this is where we part for the night.”

“Until the morning,” Tara confirmed, letting her thumbs caressed the line of skin above Willow’s hips, where her hands had settled.

Willow pecked Tara softly.

“I love you, Tara.”

“I love you too,” Tara replied and bumped her nose on Willow’s, “Text me when you wake up?”

“Definitely,” Willow agreed.

Neither of them moved.

“Guess I’m…going inside,” Willow said and still did not attempt to move.

Tara reluctantly tore herself away.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, sweetie.”

She left with a final peck, waving over her shoulder as she crossed the street.

Willow’s sad little face broke her heart.

You would think they were about to be separated by war.

She waved again from the doorway and watched Willow go inside before walking into her house.

The door closed behind her with that same soft bang it had done every day of her childhood. The same staircase that she’d pounded the steps of every day. The same rug with the same weird stain that nobody knew what it actually was.

It almost felt disorientating for Tara to stand in this spot she’d stood in thousands of times before and feel so markedly different. It was like everything stayed the same but she couldn’t move around it the same way. Like her body had grown invisible edges and she had to navigate her new person in this same space.

“Come here, my girl.”

Tara looked up at the sound of her mother’s voice and accepted a hug as Kimberly approached.

“The house has been too quiet without you,” Kimberly whispered, kissing Tara’s cheek.

She held on so tight that Tara had to make a conscious effort to breathe.

“Not too quiet,” Tara teased when they parted, “Surely Jeff has been here to fill the void once or twice?”

Kimberly blushed and Tara realized she’d never quite seen that look on her mother’s face before.

“Do I get any of the details or are they reserved for Ms. Summers?”

Kimberly blushed even more.

Tara…”

It was Tara’s turn to contribute some red cheeks.

“Well, obviously I’m not talking about that.”

They walked into the living room and sat on either side of the sofa. Tara held a cushion against her front and Kimberly folded in her knees behind her.

“You never answered my question earlier,” Tara said with a slightly arched eyebrow, “When do I get to meet him?”

Kimberly smiled softly.

“Well, I’m sure I could organize something soon. Invite him and Donny over for dinner and make introductions…”

Her eyes creased just slightly but Tara noticed.

“That sounds nice,” she replied easily, “I’m going to try and pick up some shifts at Honkerburgers so just let me check in there first before I commit to a day.”

Kimberly’s face lit up.

“Of course. Jeff is free most evenings and Donny too unless he’s working on a car. He’s been fixing up the Toyota for me and I think he’s had his eye on a new bike so he might be taken up on weekday nights.”

Tara nodded evenly.

“Good for him.”

She smiled softly and saw a layer of tension leave her mother’s shoulders. Kimberly scooted closer conspiringly.

“Now my darling girl, you have a whole year to catch me up on. Let me get you some cherry soda and we are going to have a good old-fashioned gossip!”

She jumped so spritely that it made Tara laugh.

Despite everything, it was good to be home.

A tall glass of cherry soda complete with maraschino accompaniment was offered to Tara a couple of minutes later and so the real catch-up began.

“So we’re standing in front of the Trevi Fountain and Willow tosses her penny back,” Tara said a couple of hours in, with her face animated and breath caught in her throat as she fought laughter, “She hears the ‘plop’ and makes her wish…and then this crazy-mad Roman comes up to us and starts yelling in our faces in irate Italian while his copper-tasting coffee sloshes about his cup.”

Kimberly was laughing so hard she was crying and when Tara couldn’t fight back a yawn, tears escaped too. She wiped them and her body slumped with a tired smile.

“I think that jet lag is setting in.”

Kimberly checked her watch and placed her hand over Tara’s wrist.

“I have to work in the morning too. Come here and give your old mom a big hug.”

Tara completed the hug easily.

“You are far from old. But you are my mom.”

“And an honor it is,” Kimberly squeezed a little tighter, “I’m so glad you’re home.”

She pulled back and cupped Tara’s cheeks while kissing her forehead.

“And I’m so proud of you. Do you know how much of an amazing kid you are?”

Tara looked down but Kimberly lifted her face back up.

“Let the world see those eyes.”

She hugged Tara again and patted her cheek before going off to wipe some tears from her eyes.

Tara sat back on the couch with the cushion on her chest but very quickly she yawned again and knew she needed to drag herself upstairs. She walked into her bedroom and found herself rooted to the spot.

It was all so familiar and inviting and comforting but it seemed to be just off of being able to call ‘home’.

Heading to the bathroom, she brushed her teeth with the new toothbrush Kimberly had left for her. She’d always thought their bathroom was quite modest, but after the last year, it was pure heaven to be able to walk into the room in her bare feet without worrying about other peoples' messes not to mention getting hot water on demand.

Back in her bedroom, she had to unpack her hairbrush but left her luggage to the side to deal with tomorrow.

Her mother had also left new pajamas sitting on her pillow, a loose cotton set with a woman jumping over the earth on the front with the words ‘World’s Best Daughter’.

They were nice and cool back under the humid California evenings but Tara still felt a heaviness over her as she tried to settle into bed.

When it wouldn’t leave, she wandered over to the window, intending to look out at the moon and remember all of the adventures she’d had while following it around the world.

Instead, she couldn’t help but notice that directly across the street, a pajama-wearing redhead was in much the same position.

Tara smiled and put her hand on the glass.

Across the street, Willow did the same. After a moment of mutual longing looks, Willow suddenly pointed off to the side and came back with her phone in hand. Tara nodded that she understood and reached for her own phone from her nightstand.

After a moment, it lit up with Willow’s name. Tara answered the call and put her other hand back on the window.

“Hey, you.”

“Hey,” Willow replied softly, “Please tell me you’re feeling as pathetically lonely as I am right now.”

“Is that what this is?” Tara asked with a sad smile.

Through the window, Willow shook her head.

“How can I possibly miss you this much? I brushed my teeth and walked into my room to kiss you. Forgot you weren’t there. Keep waiting for your hand to fall down from the bed above me or to hear your body move and know you were getting cozy. It helped me sleep knowing you were comfortable.”

Tara put her hand on the window again. Willow copied.

“Well, I could text you when I’m comfortable and let you know…” Tara offered, then arched an eyebrow, “Or…”

“Or?” Willow prompted hopefully.

“Well, do we have any reason to sleep apart?” Tara asked with a little lift in her tone, “It won’t even cost us extra.”

Willow’s smile was entirely viable from across the street.

“I’ll be there in two minutes.”

She zipped out of sight, quick as a flash, and Tara prepared to go downstairs to open the door.

In her bedroom, Willow nearly fell over while trying to get her slippers over her heels. She didn’t need anything but the phone in her hand; she was already in her pajamas and she knew Tara had a multi-charger. They’d bought it together for the accommodations where they were lucky enough to get one single outlet between them and not have to fight for it.

Her slippers were quiet on the stairs but she spotted the light on in her parents’ study so she gave a knock and was summoned in by her mother’s voice.

“Just letting you guys know I’m heading out so you don’t worry or anything.”

Ira looked up, glanced outside, and back at Willow.

“Where are you going at this hour?” he asked with a frown, “And in your nightwear?”

Willow smiled and waved a hand.

“Oh, I’m not going out, I’m just staying the night at the Maclay’s.”

Ira glanced at his wife, who seemed completely disinterested in looked up from her book.

“We hoped you’d stay here your first night,” he said with an uneasy shift in his chair.

Willow smiled wider.

“I can ask Tara if she’ll come over here instead. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind.”

“Oh, well,” Ira cleared his throat and looked down, “I don’t think that’s appropriate.”

Willow stalled.

“‘Appropriate’?” she asked in confusion, “It’s Tara. She’s been staying over since we were four.”

Ira’s voice was gruff.

“Things were different then.”

Willow frowned with a deep furrow on her brow.

“Are you saying Tara can never stay over here ever again?”

“I really don’t know what you think you’re stopping at this point, Ira,” Sheila interjected without looking up and flicked her book to the next page.

Willow looked at her mother with some grudging respect.

“…thanks, Mom,”

Sheila waved a hand about.

“I’m not endorsing either side of this argument I’m simply pointing out the improbability that you haven’t already engaged in intercourse.”

She stopped and looked up thoughtfully, holding her book to her chest.

“Though I don’t know if intercourse is the correct phrasing. More like mutual m—”

“Okay!” Willow interrupted loudly as she and Ira both blushed to their roots, “You know what? It’s your house. You get to decide who you’re comfortable having in your home.”

She nodded once and pushed herself out of the doorway.

“Where are you going?” Ira called with concern.

“Home,” Willow answered simply and wandered out the door.

She saw Tara waiting in the doorway and jogged over to get there quicker.

“There you are. I was about to send out a search party,” Tara smiled as she closed the door behind them.

“Sorry,” Willow replied with pink cheeks, “Weird parental stuff.”

Tara paused.

“You sure you wanna stay here tonight?”

Willow slipped her hand into Tara’s.

“I wanna wake up where you are.”

Tara squeezed Willow’s hand and led her upstairs.

Willow felt instantly warmed stepping into Tara’s bedroom. She kicked off her slippers and made no hesitation in falling into Tara’s bed, pushing back against the wall so Tara would have room to get in.

Tara closed her curtains, turned off the overhead light, and did just that.

She plugged both of their phones in and turned to Willow, making out her features in the darkness.

“The jet lag is hitting hard.”

“Can you believe we only left Mexico this morning? It feels like weeks,” Willow replied, stifling a yawn.

Tara let her finger follow Willow’s rippling jawline as she yawned.

“C’mere.”

She curled her finger under Willow’s chin and brought her in to kiss softly.

So softly that about seven seconds in, Tara realized Willow had fallen asleep.

Content to gently wrap her arm around her girlfriend, Tara rested her cheek on Willow’s shoulder and joined her in slumber.

Tara woke and had no clue where on earth she was or what time it was.

Willow’s body was strewn around her and this acted as a grounding force as her senses came back and she remembered she was in her bedroom.

The lack of light told her it was either very early or very late, but she didn’t think her mother would have let them sleep all day so it was probably early.

She stretched her toes and heard Willow mumble something about deploying the feathers. Kissing her girlfriend very, very lightly on the top of her head, she extracted herself and quietly made her way downstairs.

Her tongue felt like she hadn’t had a drink in days.

The house was warm, unlike the many middle-of-the-night dashes she’d made in hostel toilets, and Tara enjoyed feeling the carpet between her toes. She didn’t bother to turn on the light as she entered the kitchen and went straight to the fridge.

Doing something she’d rolled her eyes at Donny for doing often, she took the carton of orange juice and drank straight from it.

After a moment the overhead lights began to flicker and Tara’s eyes glanced to the door where Kimberly was walking in. Kimberly, having gotten used to having the house to herself, jumped back a foot upon seeing another body in her kitchen.

“Tara, you scared the life out of me!”

Tara wiped her mouth on her arm and screwed the top back on the orange juice.

“Ssh,” Tara said, her eyes flickering and straining under the light, “Willow is sleeping.”

Kimberly’s brow furrowed.

“When did Willow get here?”

“She came over last night after you went to bed,” Tara explained as she closed the fridge.

When Kimberly frowned, Tara’s eyes narrowed.

“What’s that look for?”

Kimberly walked across the kitchen to pour some coffee.

“I’m a little…concerned.”

“Concerned?” Tara questioned with an arched eyebrow.

Kimberly held a hand up.

“You two just seem to have become so…fused.”

“We’ve always been close,” Tara replied in confusion.

Kimberly arched an eyebrow in the exact same manner Tara had moments before.

“You couldn’t even spend one night apart.”

“We could have,” Tara clarified, “We just didn’t want to.”

Kimberly held up both hands this time.

“I’m just saying…”

Tara bristled slightly.

“Are you uncomfortable with Willow and I being together?”

Kimberly straightened up.

“No, I’m not,” she replied with soft conviction, “Tara, I’ve known you and Willow were having sex and let her stay over here plenty. That’s not the issue.”

Tara’s body slumped back submissively.

“We haven’t actually,” she said and though her eyes were on the floor, she knew her mother was looking at her skeptically, “I mean, we’ve had sex. But not until we already left for New Zealand. So not here.”

She looked up with pink cheeks.

“Well… define ‘sex’.”

Kimberly held her palm up to Tara and turned to resume making her coffee.

“I’ll take your definition at your word.”

“We won’t,” Tara added on, her bare feet turning in toward each other uncomfortably, “Have sex here. If you’re not comfortable with it. But please let her stay over?”

Kimberly sighed.

“Willow always has and always will be welcome here,” she said, her eyes shifting between Tara and pouring her creamer, “And what you do behind your bedroom door is your own business. I’ll tell you the same thing I told Donny but I trust you'll actually listen. I don’t want to hear it, okay?”

She held her mug up to her lips and took a grateful sip. She walked over to Tara and put a hand on her daughter’s shoulder.

“And I just want you to remember all of your own hopes and dreams now that you’re home again.”

Tara smiled easily.

“As I’ve discovered, Willow only ever enhances those.”

Kimberly exhaled softly through her nose and kissed Tara’s forehead.

“I have to get to work,” she announced and cupped Tara’s cheek, running her thumb across a bag under Tara’s eye, “You should get some more sleep. I promise I won’t wake Willow when I’m leaving. Tell her that her car keys are in the basket, okay?”

Tara nodded once, sleepily, and headed back toward the stairs.

“Have a good day at work, Mom.”

“Have a good day, sweetie,” Kimberly called back softly and watched Tara go, smiling that she was only venturing as far as upstairs.

In her bedroom, Tara slipped back into bed quietly. Unfortunately, that didn’t stop her body from causing a reaction.

“Ooh, your feet are cold,” Willow mumbled as Tara slotted in behind her.

“Better warm me up,” Tara whispered and stuck her feet between Willow’s.

“Mmm,” Willow agreed sleepily, “Snuggle me.”

“Gladly,” Tara replied and scooted right up into Willow where they both promptly fell back to sleep.

When Willow woke at a more normal time, Tara was once again gone from the bed.

She threw her hands up and stretched while looking around the room as if Tara might magically appear.

Her wishing must have worked because moments later Tara walked in, still in her little Pjs that Willow hadn’t quite appreciated enough the night before. She reached out to caress Tara’s thigh as Tara sat down on the bed, phone in hand.

“I just called Nascha from work and she said I can cover a shift tonight.”

Willow’s hand fell away and hit against Tara’s bed frame.

“Hear that thump?” she asked with a pout, “That’s reality slapping us right smack bang in the face.”

Tara leaned over and pecked Willow’s lips.

“Yes, but it’s money for the new fund.”

“There’s a new fund?” Willow asked excitedly.

“A car fund,” Tara explained, making Willow frown, “And then a textbook fund and then a rent fund…”

“Won’t you get any financial aid?” Willow asked softly.

“Some,” Tara shrugged one shoulder, “But not enough.”

Willow let her hand find that delightful hemline on Tara’s shorts.

“How are you getting to Brujas?”

“Mom says I can borrow the Toyota when she’s home from work,” Tara explained, putting her hand over Willow’s to play with her fingers.

Willow nodded quickly.

“Oh yeah, it’s great that there’s two working cars.”

“Oh, she left the Volvo keys for you on the table,” Tara said before she forgot.

Willow frowned again.

“Why?”

“…because it’s your car,” Tara explained with a curious smile.

Willow’s frown deepened.

“Oh.”

“Anyway, how did you sleep?” Tara moved them on quickly.

“Like a baby,” Willow smiled, squeezing Tara’s thigh, “How about you? I felt you get up.”

“Needed a drink,” Tara admitted, “You were dreaming about being a General with an arsenal of feathers.”

“Major actually,” Willow replied haughtily.

Tara chuckled and leaned down to kiss Willow again.

“Mmm.”

They parted but almost immediately went back for more and Tara climbed over Willow on the bed.

Willow grinned against Tara’s mouth and pulled Tara down by the waist to press their bodies together.

“Mmm, not too tired for this anymore,” Tara said as she pushed her thigh between Willow’s legs.

Willow moaned softly but turned her cheek to break the kiss. Tara took it as an opportunity to kiss down into her girlfriend’s neck.

“Should we?”

Tara pressed down so their clothed breasts rolled off each other.

“We should.”

Willow giggled as Tara’s tongue tickled her below the ear.

“But wait, wait, wait.”

Tara obligingly stopped and smiled down at Willow.

“You don’t need to brush your teeth if that’s what you’re worried about.”

Willow’s hand flew up to her mouth and covered it. Behind it, she frowned.

“That wasn’t what I was worried about. Until now.”

She blew out some air and sniffed it, then cautiously lowered her hand.

“I actually meant should we be doing this here.”

Tara glanced off to the side.

“Did you want it against the wall or in the bathroom or something?”

Willow’s cheeks flushed and her eyes darkened.

“I…uh…um…I-I don’t want to be disrespectful.”

Tara brushed their stomachs together with a sultry crooked smile.

“You can disrespect me all you want as long as you cuddle me after.”

Willow’s thighs quaked.

“I-I was more concerned about disrespecting your mother.”

“She knows about us. It’s okay,” Tara reassured.

“It’s just…” Willow let out an elongated sigh, “Seeing my dad uncomfortable last night annoyed me but I realized I’d hate if Ms. M thought I’d disrespected her.”

Tara rubbed Willow’s shoulders.

“You’re very sweet. But I promise it’s okay as long as we’re discreet.”

They kissed again but Willow rolled away and swung her legs over the bed. Tara pursed her lips to stop the sigh of frustration.

“She’s not even here. She’s gone to work.”

Willow looked over her shoulder, which Tara scooted over to and kissed.

“We did stuff before we went away. It’s not any different just because we define it differently.”

Willow placed her hand over Tara’s hand on her arm.

“I’m sorry,” she said apologetically, “I’m just not comfortable. I don’t know what it is.”

Tara nodded understandingly.

“You don’t owe me an explanation,” she said softly, “But maybe you should think about how you felt before we left. If being back here is triggering any of that.”

Willow was quick to turn and link her fingers with Tara.

“It’s not that. I love you. I’m proud to say it and I’ll say it in front of anybody.”

Tara cupped Willow’s cheek and pecked her lips.

“If you’re not comfortable, you’re not comfortable. I would never, ever want you to do it if you weren’t. We’ll figure it out. We did before.”

Willow closed her arms around Tara and hugged her tightly. Tara returned it and kissed Willow’s neck softly.

“I should start ironing my uniform and stuff anyway.”

Willow pulled back with a grin.

“Ooh, do I get to watch you dress up in it?”

“Can you handle it?” Tara asked with a cocky crooked smile.

Willow stuck her tongue out between her teeth.

“Consider it punishment for my horribly timed sense of morals.”

They linked both sets of hands and kissed for a few lingering moments before popping off.

Willow watched as Tara walked away with a little butt wiggle.

Hopefully, her parents would leave across the country again soon so they could hang out at her house.

She frowned at herself. She didn’t mean that. She wanted her parental relationships to get better and for them to take an interest.

She just also wanted to jump her girlfriend’s bones.

Her mind ended up occupied pretty quickly as Tara emptied her suitcase and Willow began helping her unpack and put things away.

“You packed so neatly,” Willow commented as she brought a bundle of sweaters to Tara’s closet, “When I opened mine last night I swore TSA put a bomb in there.”

“Your packing skills are up there with your wrapping skills, sweetie,” Tara replied as she zipped the iron over her old uniform.

“Hey,” Willow replied with a defensive pout, “You’re not supposed to agree with my self-deprecation.”

“My love, you have many, many skills,” Tara replied with a pointed eyebrow arch, “It’s okay to admit some faults.”

“I’m good with an iron,” Willow replied more perkily, “Want me to take over?”

Tara vacated her spot and took over the re-folding of her clothes while sitting on the bed.

“Things feel different, don’t they?” she mused after some silence.

“I think we feel different,” Willow replied thoughtfully, “I mean, I don’t even recognize the Willow I left here.”

“This Willow is much hotter,” Tara grinned.

Willow blushed and ducked her head and finished Tara’s uniform while Tara showered.

When it was nice and crisp with creases that would attract the biggest of tips, Willow sat on the bed and decided what to do next.

It was odd not to have an itinerary. She could lay back and wait for Tara to finish showering and come back to get changed. Tara wouldn’t mind if she watched; their close living quarters the past year had put away any coyness in that regard. But it usually led to the person changing being pulled back into bed.

Unsure if she’d be able to keep the conviction of her noble intentions in the face of such unabashed wantonness that Tara’s drying-off was sure to be, she decided to go downstairs to make them some lunch.

Looking into the Maclay fridge was like through the gates of heaven compared to the shared kitchen and kitchenettes she had been privy to up to now and so she went a bit overboard making tuna melts with three different types of cheeses, using up leftover potato salad to make a hash and rolling up some lettuce with turkey and mustard for lettuce wraps.

“Baby, I made lunch,” Willow called up as she brought two plates into the living room.

“Coming!” Tara’s voice called back down, followed by the sound of her footsteps a few moments later.

A few seconds passed and Tara walked in.

“There you are. Wow, look at all of this.”

“Will your Mom mind?” Willow asked, suddenly frowning, “I can replace everything.”

“She won’t mind,” Tara reassured as she squeezed Willow’s arm before picking up her plate to put in her lap, “This looks so good. Are you impressed by how far your cooking skills have come along? I am.”

Willow blushed and smiled more when she took her first bite of tuna melt.

Damn, she was good.

“Have I mentioned the hotness of you in that uniform?” she asked with a lascivious grin.

“I’m just glad it still fits,” Tara replied, letting her shoulders relax, making her breasts pop out even more.

Willow’s eyes were immediately drawn there.

“Let those babies get you the large bills and then come home to share them with Mama.”

“Mama?” Tara asked with a crooked smirk.

“Yeah,” Willow nodded seriously, “Hard to believe such a hot mama-yama came from humble, geek-infested roots?”

Tara cocked an eyebrow.

“Infested roots, trying to turn me on?”

Willow grinned.

“I have to try now?”

They laughed and smacked their lips together before going back to eat.

By the time they had finished and washed up, it was nearly time to go. Willow spotted the Volvo keys, 'her' car that she'd loaned to Kimberly, sitting on the table right as Kimberly pulled up in the driveway. Tara turned to quickly hug Willow.

“I’m sorry, sweetie. I have to go.”

“Okay, baby,” Willow replied agreeably, “I love you. Have a good shift.”

“I love you too,” Tara replied and kissed her fingers which she then pressed to Willow’s cheek.

When Willow didn’t follow, Tara looked back from the doorway.

“Are you coming out?”

Willow shook her head.

“I just wanna speak to your Mom for a second. I’ll see you later.”

Kimberly didn’t even get a chance to fully exit the car before Tara was swiping the keys and jumping into the driver’s seat.

“Hello to you too, darling daughter. Yes, I had a good day at work, thank you for asking.”

Tara rolled down the window.

“I can’t be late on my first day back. Thank you for the car. I’ll be home later, don’t save me dinner. Thank you!”

Kimberly shook her head with a wry, crooked grin. She walked into the house, dropped her purse by the foot of the stairs, and wandered into the kitchen.

“Hey, Ms. Maclay!” Willow greeted brightly.

Kimberly jumped in the exact same spot she had this morning when Tara frightened her in this way.

“Hi Willow, sweetheart,” she composed herself quickly while covering her hand with her heart, “Sorry, you startled me. You girls are good at that.”

Willow scratched the corner of her head awkwardly.

“Oh no, I didn’t mean to disturb your ‘me time’ or anything.”

Kimberly made a calming downward motion with both hands.

“It’s okay. I’ll take a cup of coffee if you’re pouring.”

Willow glanced to the side where the coffee pot was still on the go.

“Yes!”

She quickly moved about to pour Kimberly a mug, knowing all of the intricacies of the Maclay kitchen. She added in the creamer and presented Kimberly with a perfectly steaming mug. Kimberly took a sip and smiled.

“You make nice coffee.”

Willow sat with her at the kitchen table.

“Becomes a necessity when you’re living in a permanent state of jet lag,” Willow explained with a soft smile, then straightened up, “Um, I’ll leave you in peace but I just wanted to talk about something real quick.”

Kimberly tried not to show her bristle.

This conversation once was enough.

“Oh?”

Willow pulled out the Volvo car keys.

“I wanted to talk to you about this.”

Kimberly couldn’t help but look at Willow affectionately.

“You really got me out of a pickle, you know. You’re a very sweet girl. It gave Donny a chance to fix up the engine on the Toyota so it will run for me for a few years.”

Willow pushed the keys across the table earnestly.

“See, um, I think you should keep it.”

Kimberly patted Willow’s hand.

“As I said, you are extremely kind, but you’re home now and it was your gift. It’s time for you to take it back.”

Willow nodded.

“Right, it was my gift. To do with as I please. And I want you to have it.”

“Honey,” Kimberly replied softly, “It’s too big to give away.”

Willow grinned that grin of hers that said she was about to win on a technicality.

“I’m not giving it to you. I’m trading it.”

“Trading it?” Kimberly furrowed her brow, “For what?”

“The Toyota,” Willow replied cheerily.

“You want the Toyota?” Kimberly asked slowly, not quite following.

“I want Tara to have the Toyota,” Willow emphasized with a slow nod, “See, I can’t give her the Volvo because it’s too much. It would make her feel uncomfortable and it would be a weird unbalanced thing between us. And you can’t give her the Toyota if you give me back the Volvo. So I want to trade you the Toyota for it and then I want to give the Toyota to Tara.”

Kimberly sat back in her chair and narrowed her eyes just slightly.

“What makes you think she’ll accept it?”

“Because she needs it,” Willow replied with a single, sure nod, “A-And I’m her girlfriend. I take care of her…needs.”

She blushed furiously.

“Please forget I said that. What I mean is, we’ve worked out a lot of financial issues since we’ve been gone and I think Tara will recognize that this is a good compromise.”

Kimberly exhaled a slow breath. She couldn’t deny the idea was entirely tempting.

“What about you? Won’t you need a vehicle going off to college?”

Willow smirked.

“…I have other plans.”

For a moment, her gaze fell off to the side with stars in her eyes.

“Plans that come in zippy, hot pink.”

Willow weaved along the road with the ends of her hair wisping at the nape of her neck in the wind.

Her hot pink helmet encased her head but she had just enough exposed jawline to feel that incomparable rush of freedom zip by.

It had been a while they were traversing the French coast by train on their way from Rome to Barcelona that Willow had emailed the Sunnydale dealership inquiring about purchasing a moped. If Tara was going to be in L.A. and she in Claremont, she was going to need a way of getting around and she didn’t care too much about having a car.

Scooting around on this thing was way too much fun and its upkeep was way less expensive.

And did she mention it was hot pink?

She drove into her parent’s driveway and parked up next to the two cars already sitting there. Pulling her helmet off, she secured it in the side pouch with the additional helmet she’d gotten for Tara and popped up on her toes excitedly as she thought of their first ride together.

Unsure of her parents’ whereabouts, she let herself into her house and her father immediately came out of his office.

“Oh, hi Dad.”

“Hello, Willow, darling,” Ira replied, though he was distracted looking past her as she closed the door, “What on earth is that in the driveway?”

“It’s my new Vespa,” Willow replied cheerily.

Ira opened his mouth and promptly closed it again. Apparently choosing to pick his battles, he put a hand on Willow’s back.

“Willow, I’d like to talk to you,” he guided her into their living room and onto the sofa, “I was deeply hurt last night when you implied this house didn’t feel like home to you.”

Before Willow could explain that ‘home’ was not a place, but a person, Ira continued.

“And well, it made me think perhaps I haven’t done enough to make this home welcoming to you.”

Willow paused to let her father speak. Ira took the opportunity.

He placed his palms on his thighs.

“Tara is welcome to stay here, as she has in the past,” he nodded reasonably, “But I’d also like her to come to dinner once a week. Your mother and I would like to get to know her, well…”

He looked at Willow sincerely.

“As your partner.”

“Oh,” Willow replied, surprised but with a smile tugging at her lips, “…she works but if you’re flexible on what days…”

Ira’s hands clapped down on his lap.

“Excellent. But make sure one is Shabbat.”

Willow bounced a little on the spot but reined it in, hearing her mother’s voice in her head telling her that effervescence was for water.

“I think she’d really like that,” she smiled demurely, “And so would I. She really loved hearing about our family in Budapest.”

She bit the corner of her lip.

“And Dad, we won’t…” she squirmed uncomfortably, “I mean, um, we’ll…respect the rules of your house. I mean, I know if I was with a guy you wouldn’t let him stay over so I’ll give you the same respect back.”

“Well,” Ira looked down and cleared his throat repeatedly, “Thank you, Willow.”

“Thank you, Dad,” Willow replied sincerely, “Can we have dinner just the three of us tonight?”

Ira smiled.

“I think that would be lovely.”

“Great,” Willow beamed, “Let me know what I can do.”

Ira nodded once.

“I’ll check in with your mother.”

He leaned and embraced Willow, who held on tight until they naturally parted. Ira patted Willow’s knee, then got up to find his wife.

Willow reached across to hug herself and allowed the moment of solitude to be as damn effervescent as she pleased.

Things were great.

Great, great, great.

Well.

…mostly great.

Willow remembered the kind of effervescence that only Tara could entice and looked out her living room window and the Maclay house and back to her surroundings.

Damn.

Had she just agreed to wear a chastity belt?

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - June 3rd 20
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:53 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 9
Oh yay!!!!! I am so excited to see this!!!

The girls are certainly hit with everyday reality, and understandable concerns from the parental figures, but it all went so well. Yay for Ira being accepting and open! These are such big steps .

I'm sure the girls will find somewhere to be together, whether on the bed or against a wall or in the bathroom .... Tara spicy talk is yummy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:15 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 4
Yessssss been waiting for this sequel!

AO3 Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:23 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
YAAAAAY! I was so happy to see this post and take all the time you need. :cool

I feel like whenever you go away for any period of time, there’s always an adjustment when you get home. Especially for two people who have joined at the hip for a year, are deeply in love, and do not live together. There’s also the part where they’ve been completely independent with no rules and are now slapped with the reality of being under their parent’s rule of law again.

It’s a strange dichotomy, even someone as open as Kimberly. So I wasn’t surprised she made the comment to Tara about them being “fused,” even though it caught Tara completely off guard. Kimberly has been stuck in what I like to call “the parental time warp.” When they leave they’re still your “child,” but nothing changes for the parent. The same house, the same job, and the same routine. Meanwhile, the “child” is off having all of these new and wonderful experiences. They grow, mature and become young adults. The parent has seen none of this, so to them, their child is still the same as the day they left. It’s not only an adjustment for the kid, but for the parent as well, and you did a great job showing both sides. They haven’t spent a night apart for almost a year, so expecting them to do it now is pure fantasy, lol. Once you get used to that person next to you every night, you literally cannot sleep without them. Period. So it’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Thank you for continuing, it’ll fun to see how it all plays out.

:heart JMT

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

shirrey

Quote:
Oh yay!!!!! I am so excited to see this!!!

I'm so glad!! I'm excited to share!

Quote:
The girls are certainly hit with everyday reality, and understandable concerns from the parental figures, but it all went so well. Yay for Ira being accepting and open! These are such big steps .

Little big steps but they all add up!

Quote:
I'm sure the girls will find somewhere to be together, whether on the bed or against a wall or in the bathroom .... Tara spicy talk is yummy.

You know I can never resist Tara and her spicy talk :wink

Thanks for your feedback!

Rutkowski

Quote:
Yessssss been waiting for this sequel!

I had no idea! I've been toying with it for so long, I just couldn't hold out anymore, especially when there's so little traffic already. I was like, there'll be no fandom by the time I finish this!!

Thanks for commenting :)

Finey_McFine

Quote:
YAAAAAY! I was so happy to see this post and take all the time you need. :cool

You're the best! I appreciate your support so much!

Quote:
I feel like whenever you go away for any period of time, there’s always an adjustment when you get home. Especially for two people who have joined at the hip for a year, are deeply in love, and do not live together. There’s also the part where they’ve been completely independent with no rules and are now slapped with the reality of being under their parent’s rule of law again.

It’s a strange dichotomy, even someone as open as Kimberly. So I wasn’t surprised she made the comment to Tara about them being “fused,” even though it caught Tara completely off guard. Kimberly has been stuck in what I like to call “the parental time warp.” When they leave they’re still your “child,” but nothing changes for the parent. The same house, the same job, and the same routine. Meanwhile, the “child” is off having all of these new and wonderful experiences. They grow, mature and become young adults. The parent has seen none of this, so to them, their child is still the same as the day they left. It’s not only an adjustment for the kid, but for the parent as well, and you did a great job showing both sides. They haven’t spent a night apart for almost a year, so expecting them to do it now is pure fantasy, lol. Once you get used to that person next to you every night, you literally cannot sleep without them. Period. So it’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

That period of your life is so tumultuous and changing as a person, add in the fact they've done all of this growing on the other side of the world...yeah, it's an adjustment! And it's not W/T who have to do the adjusting...

Quote:
Thank you for continuing, it’ll fun to see how it all plays out.

I'm all bitten nails about it, having not finished it first, but hopefully it will go okay!

Quote:
:heart JMT

:heart Thanks so much for your feedback!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Shabbat Dinner

Kumi lach rayati, yafati, ul’chi lach
Ki hineih has’tav avar hageshem chalaf halach lo

“Oh, hello Willow.”

“Hey Ms. M,” Willow greeted as she walked through the door of the Maclay house, “Is Tara ready?”

Kimberly offered a pained smile.

“You would think she’s never gone to your house before with all of the fussing she’s been doing.”

A door swung from above and then Tara was coming down the stairs in a modest, long-sleeve dress that still managed to show off her curves. Her hair hung past her shoulders, obviously styled with little wispy curls falling past her cheeks.

Willow’s head hung forward, eyes wide.

“Wow.”

“You look beautiful, honey,” Kimberly offered Tara her hand to help her down the last few steps without tripping on her dress.

“Thanks,” Tara blushed lightly, “I wasn’t sure if I needed to cover my head.”

“You can wear a yarmulke if you want but I don’t think you should mess up your pretty hair,” Willow smiled and reached out to brush some hair from Tara’s face, “God, you’re beautiful.”

Kimberly excused herself quietly and left for the kitchen to give them some space.

Willow leaned in and pressed her lips to Tara.

“You’ve gone to so much effort. It’s just dinner.”

“I know your father is very religious and it’s an honor to be invited to Shabbat dinner,” Tara replied with a sincere quieting of her voice.

Willow cupped Tara’s cheek and smiled.

“You’re showing me up, Maclay,” she laughed as she gestured to her own Mickie Mouse shirt and purple jeans.

“You look lovely,” Tara replied and meant it.

Willow smiled, dropped her hand, and used it to entwine their fingers.

“Ready?”

“Almost,” Tara nodded and broke off briefly to retrieve a bunch of flowers from the kitchen.

Willow’s face scrunched awkwardly.

“I’m sorry, baby. Flowers are a no. Can’t put them in water.”

Tara looked confused and Willow waved a hand.

“It’s a thing. I’m sorry.”

Tara nodded once, accepting it.

“Okay. I have another gift.”

Still holding the flowers like an Olympic torch, she went into the hall closet and came out with soft, pastel-colored hand towels wrapped in ribbon.

“I hand-embroidered these. Are these okay?”

Willow picked up the corner of the towels where she could see ‘IR’ and ‘SR’ monogrammed neatly.

“These are AMAZING!” she exclaimed excitedly, even more so when she saw a ‘WR’, “Hey, there’s one for me!”

“Of course,” Tara smiled with an affectionate crease in her eyes, “Mom, you like water lilies, right?

Kimberly’s head popped out curiously.

“Yes, they’re lovely.”

Tara thrust the flowers at her.

“Belated Happy Mother’s Day.”

While Kimberly looked bewildered, Willow took Tara’s hand again.

“See you later Ms. M.”

“Are you two not staying the night at yours tonight, Willow?” Kimberly asked with a quizzical eyebrow lift.

“Nope,” Willow replied emphatically as she walked Tara out the door, “Giving my parents some privacy.”

Her nose scrunched as she shut the door behind them.

“Sex is a mitzvah on the Sabbath.”

“I’m guessing that doesn’t extend to us,” Tara replied with an exhale that Willow swore was purposefully evocatively.

Willow lifted her hand and waved it back and forth like she was in a Beyonce video.

“You guess correctly, at least until you put a ring on this finger.”

Tara’s eyebrow rose softly in surprise. She smiled and stayed silent.

Willow took the silence to be anxiety, which wasn’t altogether untrue.

“Why are you so nervous?”

“I’ve never come to Shabbat dinner before,” Tara replied quietly, fussing at her sleeves.

“It’s not all that different to normal dinner,” Willow replied reassuringly, “Except when I say hip hop, you say challah.”

She did a finger gun but Tara just looked down.

“It’s a joke, baby,” Willow continued softly, “Relax. Just hum along with my Dad, compliment my mom on the food and if they ask you any awkward questions, pretend to be choking on a matzo ball.”

Tara looked up and cracked a smile.

“Any other advice?”

Willow lowered her voice as she put the key in the door.

“Hide the gefilte fish in the lettuce.”

She opened the door and brought Tara through.

“Mom, Dad. Tara is here.”

Ira appeared first and Tara shook his hand.

“Shabbat shalom,” she said and did the same to Sheila when she appeared, “Shabbat shalom. Thanks for inviting me to dinner.”

She thrust the towels at them. Ira took them and a little pink blush of delight graced his cheeks.

“How nice of you, Tara. You’re most welcome.”

“And dressed appropriately too,” Sheila looked down her nose and glanced over pointedly at Willow.

Willow just grinned and placed her hand on Tara’s shoulder.

“Let me be a perfect host and get our guest a drink.”

She quickly veered Tara away while whispering in her ear from behind.

“Major points for the Hebrew. If I could, I would do so many naughty things to you for that.”

“Willow,” Tara hissed back at the same volume.

Willow pressed her front to Tara’s back and Tara shot a look over her shoulder that was promising and pleading all at once.

Willow relented as she took down two glasses from the wooden cabinet in the dining room and got a can of soda from the integrated mini-fridge beneath. She poured it between two glasses, then glanced out the big bay window.

“Oh hey, it’s almost sundown.”

Tara’s hands froze awkwardly.

“What should I do?”

Willow winked and slapped Tara’s ass.

“Stand there and look pretty.”

Tara wished she had a matzo ball to choke on but instead she just stood there, stunned, as Ira and Sheila came in and they began to light the candles in the window. Willow went first, lighting the candle then covering her eyes and reciting a blessing.

“Shabbat Shalom,” she finished with a grin at her parents and then at Tara, who she gestured over.

Tara shook her head but Willow came over and took her hand, gently tugging her over as Sheila and then Ira repeated the steps Willow had already.

“Shabbat Shalom,” Ira smiled at them all when they were finished.

Sheila went off to the kitchen and before Willow could even lead Tara to a seat, Ira had started to hum.

“Shalom aleichem, malachei hashareit, malachei elyon, mimelech mal'chei ham'lachim, hakadosh baruch hu,” he sang and smiled at Willow to join in, which she did.

Tara took in Willow’s advice and the three of them stood, singing and humming where appropriate. Tara thought at one point they moved onto a new song but it was hard to tell when she couldn’t understand the words. Still, she was quite able to keep up musically and even added in the odd word she recognized in the pattern.

Sheila returned with a bottle of wine and a chalice. Ira poured it while reciting a new blessing and then passed it around for everyone to sip from. Tara politely took some despite it not being to her taste and handed it back to Ira with a reverent nod of her head.

Under the table, Willow squeezed her hand.

Silently everybody started to move away from the table and Tara just followed Willow, who was leading her anyway. Ira and Sheila went into the kitchen, so Willow brought Tara to the little bathroom downstairs and filled a cup sitting there with water. With her left hand, she poured it three times over her right hand and then repeated this procedure on the other side. She indicated for Tara to do the same.

Tara smiled and did it and then when they were drying their hands, Willow started to sing softly.

“Baruch atah Adonai…”

Tara gathered that she was meant to repeat. She sang back.

“Baruch atah Adonai…”

“Eloheinu melekh ha’olam,” Willow sang with adoring eyes.

“Eloheinu melekh ha’olam,” Tara returned softly.

“Asher kid’shanu b’mitzvotav v’tzivanu,” Willow intoned with perfect inflection.

“Asher kid’shanu b’mitzvotav v’tzivanu,” Tara stumbled slightly but stayed on point.

“Al netilat yadayim,” Willow finished softly.

“Al netilat yadayim,” Tara finished with her.

Willow offered her a clean hand and they walked back to the table in silence.

When Sheila and Ira returned, Sheila was carrying a board with bread, the challah Willow had mentioned earlier. Ira recited another blessing over it, then tore off a piece for each person at the table, first dipping it in salt before handing it over.

When everyone had taken a bite, the assumed silence lifted and Willow leaned over to Tara.

“You’re doing amazing.”

Tara smiled gratefully.

Once Sheila had served dinner and Tara had complimented her effusively on its deliciousness, she followed Willow’s advice to hide the gefilte fish but happily ate the chicken soup and salmon dish that followed.

She found the conversation around the table fascinating. Ira spoke a lot of the Torah and while Tara didn’t believe in the same way he did, the words were often beautiful and poetic in a way that she could appreciate. She loved the dynamic he had with Willow, firing questions at her that she answered with love and pride. Even Sheila complimented Willow on a particular thought she threw out about honoring people of other faiths.

“Tara, have you always been Christian?” Sheila asked as she placed her silverware on her plate.

“Oh,” Tara replied, swallowing softly, “Well…no. Never actually. My mother was.”

“Was?” Sheila arched an eyebrow.

“Oh, well she’s W—” Tara started but Willow’s eyes suddenly widened.

“Wanting!” Willow finished quickly, “Uh, wanting for religion. Right now.”

She chuckled nervously and pretended to drop her napkin so she could lean over to Tara.

“Their daughter is a lesbian, I don’t think they can handle a witch too.”

“I was going to say Wiccan,” Tara whispered back.

“Trust me, same difference,” Willow nodded knowingly.

They both straightened back up and Willow cleared her throat.

“So, the classic double-stufs dessert?”

“Actually Willow, I baked for the occasion,” Sheila replied haughtily.

“Oh?” Willow replied, gulping.

Sheila stood and headed for the kitchen.

Ira had sweat on his brow.

“Now, Willow—”

“Dad!” Willow hissed in horror, “Do you remember my birthday cookies in 2nd grade? She poisoned half the class!”

Ira held up a hand.

“We will eat it,” he said firmly, his face faltering, “And we will bear the consequences. As a family.”

Tara’s eyes were wide as they went between the two.

And then she had a memory.

Willow’s 5th birthday party.

Vomit all over the bounce house.

Chunks of under-cooked batter regurgitated amongst bright pink frosting.

It was like a Vietnam flashback such was the intensity of the memory Tara had of fighting her way out of that bounce house.

Sheila returned with a suspiciously delicious-looking white cake.

“Is it a lemon almond sponge cake,” Sheila said with suitable superiority.

She doled out slices and when everyone spent a second too long staring at their plates, Ira had to quickly take a bite to avoid suspicion.

His eyes immediately widened.

“Sheila, this is absolutely delicious.”

Sheila smirked.

Willow took a cautious bite and the same look graced her face.

“Oh my god.”

With her stomach already rolling like it had around that bounce house, it took every ounce of Tara’s desire to impress her girlfriend’s parents for her to take a bite.

Thankfully, it was familiar.

She looked up curiously.

“Is this my Mom’s recipe?”

Sheila shrugged one shoulder.

“She helped me, yes.”

Willow’s eyebrows rose and she glanced at Tara, then back to her mother.

“So you…chatted? To Ms. M?”

“We may have shared a pot of coffee,” Sheila replied in a slightly dismissive tone.

Willow mouthed ‘wow’ to Tara.

Sheila leaned in on the table.

“That’s why I asked you about your Christianity Tara, I wondered if you, too, had taken up Paganism. Or what did she call it? Wiccanism.”

Willow dropped her fork.

Ira cleared his throat.

Tara remained surprisingly calm.

“I don’t know enough about it but I’m certainly interested to find out,” she replied softly, “Just like I was interested in learning about your religion tonight.”

The table was tense until Sheila sat back in her chair.

“Well, I always promote furthering your education. What do you plan to study in college this fall, Tara?”

Under the table, Willow motioned a gun shooting repeatedly.

“Graphic design and marketing,” Tara answered without hesitation, surprising even Willow who hadn’t heard Tara confirm what she would major in.

Sheila smirked.

“Well, I wish you the best with that.”

“Thank you,” Tara replied sincerely.

A silence settled and Ira was quick to stand.

“Bentching! Time for Bentching.”

“Grace after meals,” Willow whispered to Tara, who nodded quickly.

Ira went to the cabinet and pulled open a drawer, where he pulled out some little prayer books. He passed them around the table and then settled himself back in his seat.

After a natural pause, he began to stay something Tara identified as a psalm before moving onto the blessing. Sheila and Willow began answering ‘amen’ at Ira’s stops, so Tara did too. Ira seemed appreciative and smiled at Tara, who smiled back.

When it was over, Ira settled his hands on the table.

“This was a beautiful meal. Sheila, thank you for preparing it.”

Willow and Tara echoed their gratitude.

“And Tara, thank you for being our guest and for being so respectful and open to our ways.”

“It was an honor, sir,” Tara replied sincerely.

Ira nodded once at her respectfully.

“And Willow,” he smiled at his daughter, “Thank you for bringing your partner home to ‘meet’ us. Of course, we’ve known Tara for many years but not in this capacity. And we deeply cherish you allowing us to know you and who you are.”

Willow swallowed deeply.

“T-Thank you, Daddy.”

“We only ever want what’s best for you,” Sheila added in a rare display of soft sincerity, “Of course it’s easier when I know you have strong enough convictions to make a statement like this.”

Willow felt her heart sink.

“This isn’t a political statement,” she said quietly.

“Did I say political?” Sheila challenged with an arched eyebrow, “I meant having the audacity to not only bring home a woman as your lover, but the daughter of a witch. You’re either experiencing late-term rebellion or you do truly have strong feelings for her to risk such a thing.”

“I would risk everything for her,” Willow replied, with her gaze falling to Tara.

Tara covered Willow’s hand on the table.

“Well,” Ira nodded clearly, “I think that settles that. Now, I am going to retire to my study for my evening scripture. Sheila, would you like to join me?”

“We’ll do the dishes,” Willow saw an out and took it, pulling Tara up with her, “So, um, goodnight.”

Ira hugged Willow, then Tara.

“Goodnight, girls. Thank you for entertaining us this evening.”

Sheila too gave less effuse but still present hugs.

“I hope we’ll have you to dinner again, should this relationship continue to…blossom.”

“It will,” Willow forced a smile, “So yes, she’ll be back.”

She blushed and looked at Tara sheepishly.

“Uh, if you want that is.”

“I do,” Tara replied softly.

“Great!” Willow replied cheerily, “We’re all in agreement!”

She got so excited she planted one on Tara then and there, then pulled away blushing some more.

Sheila just made some kind of ‘hmm’ sound and departed for the study.

When they were alone, Willow visibly deflated.

“I know. It’s a lot of blessings. Not to mention the interrogation.”

Tara put an arm around Willow’s shoulders.

“I always missed our Friday night pizza and movie when your parents were home but I can see why you loved having Shabbat dinner with them.”

“Really? You get it?” Willow asked, sighing softly, “Of course you do. I’m sorry you have to deal with my crazy family.”

Tara shrugged softly.

“My brother pushed me down the stairs and my mom is a witch, so…”

Willow’s palm slapped her forehead.

“Your mom and my mom…now there’s a friendship I don’t see ‘blossoming’.”

“Stranger things have happened,” Tara replied wryly, then suddenly flew off in a burst of speed, “Last one into the kitchen has to dry!”

“Hey!” Willow giggled as she followed quickly behind, “Joke’s on you, I like to dry anyway!”

Tara spun at the sink and smiled coquettishly.

“And I like to watch you reach up into the high cabinets to put the dishes away.”

Willow blushed and brushed her lips on Tara’s.

“I guess I lost. Pass me the dishcloth.”

Tara handed it over wordlessly. Willow took it and slowly grinned.

“You know, we have a dishwasher…”

She walked over and opened the dishwasher, then made a show of opening it and bending over to put one of the cleared dishes in. She looked over her shoulder.

“Am I doing a good job?”

Tara tucked some hair behind her own ear and looked at Willow with a stare that was both shy and ardent at the same time.

“Very.”

Willow plucked the next plate and somehow made scraping leftover kugel into the sink look sexy. At least, to Tara.

Tara stood in that spot, lending not a finger, and watched as Willow delicately placed each plate in place with some little shimmies and shakes. During one such shake that got more vigorous than intended, her bosom caught the corner of the dish of leftover tabbouleh and nearly sent it flying to the floor which would have undoubtedly resulted in a confidence-dimming click of her mother’s tongue. Thankfully, Tara had fast hands and she caught it before it could make much more damage than messy fingers.

“Whoops,” Willow blushed, “Damn boobs have a mind of their own.”

Tara went to the sink to deposit the bowl and wash her hands.

“And a fine mind it is.”

Willow blushed and smiled.

“Let me help.”

She came over and grabbed the dishcloth to try Tara’s hands.

“Still not as bad as Thanksgiving in China.”

Tara grinned.

“Neither of us ended up on our butts this time.”

Willow was careful to dry every crevice.

“And the food actually tasted good, not like the time in Budapest where I thought I could make rutabaga taste better with marshmallows just because they were good with yams.”

Tara smiled and looked down at Willow’s hands falling away from her. She looked back up at Willow.

“You should stay with your family tonight.”

Willow frowned distastefully.

“Did you miss the part about the mitzvah?”

Tara’s eyes creased softly with silent laughter.

“Sneak over at jammies o’clock,” she said, more than agreeably, “But go spend some time with your parents.”

Willow paused, then nodded silently and smiled. She pecked Tara’s lips.

“I love you, Tara.”

“I love you too,” Tara replied softly and took a step back, pulling her hands down Willow’s arms until they had to part, “I’ll keep the bed warm…”

“And I’ll make sure I’ll need plenty of warming up,” Willow smiled back demurely, “And Tara?”

“Yes?” Tara asked softly.

“Thank you,” Willow replied and used her eyes to say what her words couldn’t; a sentiment more than words could even convey.

Tara just winked back and told Willow everything she needed to hear back. Willow waved softly as Tara left, then closed her eyes and just savored the warm and mushy feelings Tara imparted in her for a moment. She felt like wrapping her arms around herself and jumping up and down and squealing for joy that Tara was hers and she was Tara’s and she gosh darn loved everything about them.

How she ever couldn’t was baffling.

She managed to keep herself composed and just lifted herself onto her toes to speed around the kitchen and finish the clean-up.

After turning the dishwasher on, she went to the cabinet and took down two glasses. Quickly, she made them up with strawberry quick and brought them into her parent’s study.

They both had separate offices they usually retreated to but if they were both home on Friday nights, they tried to make the effort to spend it together.

“What on earth are those monstrosities?” Sheila asked, looking down through her glasses.

“Now you mind your own business,” Ira spoke over to his wife with his mustache twitching, “This is between my daughter and I.”

Willow grinned and brought the glasses over to her father. She handed him one and sat opposite him on the little love seat.

Ira sipped on his strawberry milk, leaving a little milky residue above his lip, which he licked off.

“Is Tara not joining us?”

“She went home,” Willow replied easily, “She said I should spend some time with you guys. I’ll, um, go over at bedtime. I know where the key is hidden.”

“You’re quite at home over there,” Ira replied with a sadness in his eyes but his smile didn't look entirely forced.

“I am,” Willow nodded softly, “But here too. I-I missed you guys a lot when I was gone.”

Ira smiled fondly.

“Well, we missed you endlessly, bubbeleh.”

He reached out and touched her cheek.

The sound of a book slammed, making both Ira and Willow jump. Sheila walked over and sat, somewhat uncomfortably, on the other half of the loveseat.

“Why don’t you tell us one of your stories from traveling? I’m sure you learned something after all that time away.”

How little, she knew, Willow thought and started to tell them about Tienanmen Square, thinking they would enjoy that historical tale more than their cooking catastrophe in China.

After a spirited discussion on the policies of Chairman Mao, Willow spotted her parents making eyes at each other and politely excused herself to bed.

Both parents hugged her again and Willow left the house with a smile on her face.

All was dark at the Maclays so Willow silently let herself in, locked the door behind her, and snuck upstairs on her tip-toes. She peeked into Tara’s room before going in completely in case she was at risk of waking her girlfriend but the light was still on and Tara was sitting on her bed, listening to music with her headphones on.

Her face lit up when she saw Willow and she let the headphones fall around her neck.

“Hey, baby.”

Willow beamed back and quietly closed the door behind her.

“Hey, sweetie.”

She came over and kissed Tara’s cheek.

“Escaped just in time.”

Tara patted the spot beside her for Willow to sit.

“It’s nice that they still…”

Willow’s brow furrowed into a displeased ‘V’ shape.

“Hey, lay off the ‘still…’ talk. Do you want to think about your Mom doing it?”

“I don’t want to think about it but I’m happy for her to have it,” Tara replied far too reasonably.

She let her fingers fall across Willow’s thigh.

“I know how amazing it can be…”

Willow had to tense her body to stop a shiver from going up through her spine.

“Whoa there, soldier. You know you’re far too tempting to touch me like that somewhere where I can’t do anything about it.”

Tara let her fingertips dig into Willow’s thigh.

“You can do whatever you want about it.”

Willow whimpered and Tara rose behind Willow and kissed the back of her neck.

“Does it really make a moral difference if my hand is doing it or yours?” she whispered evocatively.

Willow groaned and stood up.

“Don’t tell me that! It’s hard enough without knowing you’re over here…”

She made various hand motions that mostly consisted of her arms just flapping amount aimlessly and with frustration.

She opened her tightly shut eyes and exhaled softly. She sat back on the bed and took Tara’s hand.

“I know this is hard but just because of the circumstances. I’ll jump your bones the moment we’re not under our parents’ roofs anymore,” she said and looked down at Tara with glassy eyes, “I promise I’m not…going back to who I was before.”

Tara exhaled slowly.

“I…respect that you want to respect our parents.”

“I can go home if it’s too hard for me to be here,” Willow offered without being able to hide her sadness at the prospect.

“Not having part of you isn’t solved by not having all of you,” Tara replied and brushed her hand down Willow’s arm, “Get changed and come snuggle.”

Willow leaned down and kissed Tara for a long second.

“When you're alone I hope you truly know how bad I want to be there.”

They pecked several more times before Willow got up to change into some of the pajamas they shared.

At least Tara got to watch and give herself some fodder for her ‘alone time’.

While Willow left to brush her teeth, Tara lifted her headphones away to put on her nightstand and settled her head back on the pillow, ready for sleep. When Willow returned, she silently turned off the light and sneaked over to Tara to slip in under the covers.

“I’m cold, just like I promised.”

Even in the dark, Willow could see Tara’s smile.

“I’m warm, just like I said.”

Willow giggled and tucked her legs and feet between Tara’s.

“Did you have a nice evening with your parents?” Tara asked softly.

This quiet time had become an intimacy where their physicality lacked and they usually spent a while chatting in the dark like this since coming home and being confronted with 'real life' again.

“I did,” Willow replied, letting her hand curve around Tara’s hip, “Thanks for encouraging me. I think…I think things could be getting better between us all. I think they’ll be better parents to an adult than they were to a kid.”

Tara kissed Willow tenderly.

“Always remember how much you’re worth.”

“I do,” Willow swallowed and gently rested her head on Tara’s, “You remind me every day. Every time we kiss. Every time you say my name.”

She lifted her palm to Tara’s cheek and closed her eyes.

“I’m sleepy.”

Tara kissed Willow’s thumb, which was hovering over her lips.

“Let’s sleep.”

They molded themselves into the puzzle they would be creating tonight and stilled into the form that would fall into a shared slumber.

As the moon passed by the window and cast an angelic glow over their bodies, they slept with a peace that only the other had ever induced.

Willow transitioned to sleep with a thought ready to emerge when she woke the next day.

I wonder how much the Sunnydale hotel room rates are these days…

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - June 8th 20
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:35 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
You may not have finished it yet, but you’re off to a great start an if I know you at all, I’m sure you at least have an outline. :glasses

I enjoyed this chapter of everyone adjusting, and yes, it will definitely be the parents doing the adjusting. Sheila is her usual irritating self, to which Willow is doing an outstanding job of handling and not letting it get to her. I’m not religious, at all, so just the thought of having to sit through that dinner was a bit painful, lol. But Tara was a star and her usual sweet self...kudos to her infinite patience!

On a side note, your character development of Willow is amazing. You’ve taken her from a scared and mousy teenager, to a strong, confident young woman. Very nicely done! And I’m wondering when this strong, confident young woman is going to give in to her sexy girlfriend. I mean, they’re still a few months from college, correct? Plus, won’t they have roommates? The Sunnyvale Arms, or whatever, is looking better and better, lol.

-JMT

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:26 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hi Laragh, I'm thrilled that you started this long awaited sequel! :bounce :applause :banana
Pretty inconvenient for the love life of our girls that Willow doesn't want to have sex at either of their homes although Kimberly was pretty clear that she wouldn't mind als long as she doesn't have to see or hear anything about it.
I hope they'll figure out a solution soon, f.e. weekend trips to the beach with hotel stays - and maybe they could test the Toyota in this capacity :wink ? I'm wondering if Willow has already gifted Tara with the "traded" Toyota?

I'm still not too fond of Sheila, but that exchange was hilarious:
Quote:
“I really don’t know what you think you’re stopping at this point, Ira,” Sheila interjected without looking up and flicked her book to the next page.

Willow looked at her mother with some grudging respect.

“…thanks, Mom,”

Sheila waved a hand about.

“I’m not endorsing either side of this argument I’m simply pointing out the improbability that you haven’t already engaged in intercourse.”

She stopped and looked up thoughtfully, holding her book to her chest.

“Though I don’t know if intercourse is the correct phrasing. More like mutual m—”

“Okay!” Willow interrupted loudly as she and Ira both blushed to their roots,

:lol

Plus it nicely fits with this advance from Tara in the last chapter:
Quote:
“Does it really make a moral difference if my hand is doing it or yours?” she whispered evocatively.

Quote:
“Actually Willow, I baked for the occasion,” Sheila replied haughtily.

“Oh?” Willow replied, gulping.

Sheila stood and headed for the kitchen.

Ira had sweat on his brow.

“Now, Willow—”

“Dad!” Willow hissed in horror, “Do you remember my birthday cookies in 2nd grade? She poisoned half the class!”

Ira held up a hand.

“We will eat it,” he said firmly, his face faltering, “And we will bear the consequences. As a family.”

Tara’s eyes were wide as they went between the two.

And then she had a memory.

Willow’s 5th birthday party.

Vomit all over the bounce house.

Chunks of under-cooked batter regurgitated amongst bright pink frosting.

It was like a Vietnam flashback such was the intensity of the memory Tara had of fighting her way out of that bounce house.

:laugh Also funny (and pretty gross). It suprised me that Sheila actually baked herself for her daughter's birthdays instead of just buying muffins etc at some expensive bakery. Also funny that she spectacularly failed at it every single time but obviously manages to cook the Shabbat dishes fine.

Speaking of Shabbat, I'm again impressed about all the research you must have put into this detailed descriptions.

I'm already looking forward to the next chapter. I'm wondering what posting schedule you have planned (for the chapters you've already completed), two chapters per week?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:07 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

So sweet! This is how families grow together (and know when to give each other space :) )

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:39 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I haven't forgotten about this; life became unexpectedly slammed but (and hoping not to make a false promise here!) I have a chapter to post tomorrow, I just have to edit it :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Finey_McFine

Quote:
You may not have finished it yet, but you’re off to a great start an if I know you at all, I’m sure you at least have an outline. :glasses

I started posting this on a whim and I think I immediately regret it! Still, I'm going to try and be more diligent with this.

Quote:
I enjoyed this chapter of everyone adjusting, and yes, it will definitely be the parents doing the adjusting. Sheila is her usual irritating self, to which Willow is doing an outstanding job of handling and not letting it get to her. I’m not religious, at all, so just the thought of having to sit through that dinner was a bit painful, lol. But Tara was a star and her usual sweet self...kudos to her infinite patience!

Being in Budapest together definitely helped cement Tara's reverence for Willow's religion...even if Willow doesn't have a strong faith, the culture and history meant a lot to her, so Tara sees it as an important thing to show her interest in (and being Tara is probably thinking how they'd raise babies etc... :wink )

Quote:
On a side note, your character development of Willow is amazing. You’ve taken her from a scared and mousy teenager, to a strong, confident young woman. Very nicely done!
'

Thanks! That kind of trip changes you immensely, especially with the kind of experiences they went through together.

Quote:
And I’m wondering when this strong, confident young woman is going to give in to her sexy girlfriend. I mean, they’re still a few months from college, correct? Plus, won’t they have roommates? The Sunnyvale Arms, or whatever, is looking better and better, lol.

Girl, you know I won't deny them for long :lol

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Will's redemption

Quote:
Hi Laragh, I'm thrilled that you started this long awaited sequel! :bounce :applause :banana

Thank you so much!!

Quote:
Pretty inconvenient for the love life of our girls that Willow doesn't want to have sex at either of their homes although Kimberly was pretty clear that she wouldn't mind als long as she doesn't have to see or hear anything about it.

Hmm, I wonder is Willow very clear on that point? :wink

Quote:
I hope they'll figure out a solution soon, f.e. weekend trips to the beach with hotel stays - and maybe they could test the Toyota in this capacity :wink ?

That sounds....unpleasant.

Quote:
I'm wondering if Willow has already gifted Tara with the "traded" Toyota?

All to come, all to come.

Quote:
I'm still not too fond of Sheila, but that exchange was hilarious:

Is anyone truly fond of Sheila?

Quote:
:laugh Also funny (and pretty gross). It suprised me that Sheila actually baked herself for her daughter's birthdays instead of just buying muffins etc at some expensive bakery. Also funny that she spectacularly failed at it every single time but obviously manages to cook the Shabbat dishes fine.

Baking is a whole different ball game to cooking!

Quote:
Speaking of Shabbat, I'm again impressed about all the research you must have put into this detailed descriptions.

It's nerve-wracking hoping you've been accurate but it was important too!

Quote:
I'm already looking forward to the next chapter. I'm wondering what posting schedule you have planned (for the chapters you've already completed), two chapters per week?

Well as you can see I've gotten off to a fabulous start :laugh :laugh Oh boy, I'm hoping to keep to a better schedule going forward. I started this on a whim because I missed posting and quickly realized I should have planned better. Because this fic has such a long timeline to follow (10 years!) I got overwhelmed with how long it would take me to finish it and decided to stat posting with little planning (oops!) I realize now I need some parameters so I'm going to separate the fic into sections, the first being 'the summer' and then I'll see about moving onto first year of college etc etc. So as to your question, my plan is to try one chapter a week starting off and if I'm able, move up to two!

Thanks so much for your ever-loyal support (and patience!)

shirrey

Quote:
So sweet! This is how families grow together (and know when to give each other space :) )

So, so, so true!!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

The First Time Meeting Jeff

It Was Such An Awkward Night
Well, I Felt Like A Fool, Tongue-Tied

“Mmm…mmm…uhm!”

Willow’s mouth popped off of Tara’s neck.

“Too hard?”

“Not hard enough,” Tara groaned and pushed her hips toward Willow.

“Don’t tempt me,” Willow grumbled and let her palm slide down the denim of the jeans covering Tara’s thigh.

“You could slip your hand in there, no one would ever know,” Tara whispered breathily.

Willow groaned too. She shifted on the sofa and looked over her shoulder out into the Maclay front yard.

The occasional kid scooted by or mail truck passed but apart from that, it was almost serenely quiet.

It would be so easy to tug that curtain over a tad and shield them from any suburban eyes.

So she did just that.

Tara lay back as Willow reached out to swipe the curtain closed and watched as her butt wiggled in the process.

When Willow turned back into an unexpected straddle, her face lit up excitedly. She hooked a finger between the collar ends on Tara’s shirt and slowly dragged it down, popping each metal button on the way.

Tara swallowed deeply; her larynx protruding visibly on her strained neck.

“Careful…”

“It’s not my fault your shirt opens so easily,” Willow grinned and tickled the snippets of Tara’s skin that revealed themselves.

The tickle felt like a branding iron to Tara. Her insides yearned for those hands to press harder and longer and deeper until she’d forgotten everything but Willow’s name on her lips.

She slowly arched her body so the open halves of her shirt fell off to the side. Underneath she was wearing the push-up lacy bra she wore under her work uniform to garner the best possible tips. Willow lucked out with sneaking in a mini-make-out session just before Tara had to leave for work.

Willow’s mouth landed on the curve of Tara’s breast and her teeth dug into the fleshy skin there.

Tara’s hips bucked and she groaned.

“Willow, stop, I’m getting wet.”

Willow lifted her gaze to Tara.

“That’s not a very good way to get me to stop.”

Tara placed her hands over Willow’s shoulders.

“Oh, I’ll make you stop.”

She playfully pushed Willow upward, who giggled and pushed Tara back down. They tussled with interspersed stolen kisses and found themselves in reverse positions with Tara’s open, heaving chest on top of Willow.

Willow’s hands flew to Tara’s belt buckle and began to unfasten it but had to stop and tug it with an annoyed groan. She threw her head back over the arm of the couch.

“Kissing you on the couch was supposed to be less tempting than the bedroom.”

Tara’s hands crept up Willow’s chest and perched lightly over the slope of her breasts through her blouse.

“Tara…” Willow groaned softly, somewhere on the line between pleasure and frustration.

Tara squeezed gently.

“Well—”

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!”

Both Tara’s and Willow’s heads shot toward the sound of another voice in the room where an unfamiliar man was hovering in the doorway.

Well, slightly familiar.

They’d seen his profile photo.

Tara leaped back in shock as she clawed to pull the sides of her shirt closed while Willow rolled right off of the couch and stumbled to get up.

He clapped his hand over his eyes.

“So very sorry. Your mother said I could drop over some of the food for dinner later. Entirely my fault, I should have knocked. Very sorry.”

“Right!” Willow answered in a high-pitched tone, “For the dinner tonight…when we’re supposed to meet…”

She stopped and gulped, cringing as she put a face to the name.

“Jeff.”

Jeff awkwardly waved.

Tara was beet red as she ran past them both and grabbed her backpack sitting on the floor.

“I have to get to work.”

Willow’s eyes were wide as she watched Tara march off.

“I have to…help.”

She offered a pained smile before rushing after her girlfriend, who was buttoning her shirt up misshapen as she rushed to the garage.

She threw herself into the driver’s seat where she continued to try to button up with shaky hands. Willow reached over and gently took over, fixing the alignment.

“I have to go to work,” Tara said a bit dumbly, letting her arms fall by her side.

“Are you okay to drive?” Willow asked tenderly.

Tara’s hands flew up, tensed.

“I have to get to work, Willow!”

“Okay, okay,” Willow replied defensively as she finished with Tara’s shirt, “I’ll meet you after work, okay?”

Tara just nodded silently and turned the key in the ignition. Willow kissed Tara’s cheek and stepped out again.

Tara drove off and Willow walked home sheepishly, avoiding any look back at the Maclay household.

Willow weaved into the Honkerburger parking lot on her Vespa and enjoyed the last whips of wind by her ears as she stopped in the alleyway behind the restaurant.

As she jumped off and removed her helmet, she walked toward the back door where Tara was walking out.

“How come we’re meeting in the shadows all vampire-like?” Willow asked with a grin, “Some new role play you want to try out? I could be a skanky vamp if you wanted. Ever play Mistress Of Pain?”

Tara didn’t smile and Willow gave a small pout.

“Okay, bad time for jokes.”

Tara brought her hand to her face and shut her eyes tight.

“My Mom yelled at me.”

“Ms. M?” Willow asked in disbelief, “She doesn’t yell. Especially not in public.”

Tara waved her phone in her other hand, indicating it was where said conversation had taken place.

“It was yelling in tone, not volume.”

Willow frowned at Tara’s sad voice.

“Oof,” she said and sympathetically rubbed Tara’s arm, “She can’t be that mad. I mean, it’s not like you flashed her boyfriend on purpose.”

Tara’s eyes flew to Willow and were so wild for a moment, Willow was sure she wouldn’t have been forgiven for a while only for Tara needing her comfort right at that moment.

“She’s upset we were having sex in a public space in the house.”

“Uh, we weren’t having sex,” Willow replied with a head tilt, “Trust me, my blue ovaries can attest.”

Tara gritted her teeth.

“The intricacies didn’t seem to matter too much to her.”

Willow pulled Tara into a hug, which was slowly accepted.

“I’ll tell her it’s my fault. It is, I’m the one who said we should stay downstairs so we wouldn’t get carried away. A great idea that was. I’ll take the blame.”

“I wasn’t exactly saying no,” Tara whispered softly.

“Actually, you did. ‘Stop’, anyway,” Willow said and kissed above Tara’s ear, “It’ll be okay.”

Tara nuzzled into Willow’s neck.

“Can I stay at yours tonight? I’m so embarrassed.”

Willow grinned.

“I thought you might ask that. And I had a better idea.”

She took a hold of the handle on her bike and began to walk it over to the Toyota. Tara followed, sniffling slightly.

“I might need to get the car home.”

Willow looked over her shoulder.

“Yeah. We need to talk about that. But come first. It’s fine, I promise.”

She stopped at the back of the car and had Tara pop the trunk so she could get out the foldable ramp to get the Vespa up on the back of the car.

“I never thought I’d be grateful for Donny,” she said as she laid it on the ground and slid the scooter up, “But at least he put a hitch carrier on this thing for himself. For once, his selfishness pays off.”

Tara frowned as she mindlessly attached the straps on the front end.

“I think he’s really changed. He has a girlfriend now. A permanent one.”

“More fool her,” Willow scoffed as she checked all of the straps and smiled at a job well done.

“Willow,” Tara chastised, but not too harshly, “Where are we going?”

Willow held out her hand for the keys.

“You’ll see.”

Tara wordlessly handed them over.

They drove back to Sunnydale but Willow didn’t take the turn-off for their street. Instead, she headed in toward the town.

She parked in the parking lot for the hotel and Tara thought Willow was taking her to the Espresso Pump, around the corner. She kind of wished Willow had mentioned getting a coffee because Calma Beans in Las Brujas had nicer coffee and considerably less possibility of running into Jeff near The Magic Box across the street.

Instead, Willow slipped her hand into Tara’s and walked her into the hotel lobby.

“Are we going for dinner?” Tara asked, looking down self-consciously at the clothes she was wearing.

“Better,” Willow grinned as she jabbed the button for the elevator, which opened immediately, “We’re going for some solitude.”

Tara arched an eyebrow as she followed Willow in.

They ascended for a few seconds and it opened on the third floor. From her pocket, Willow produced a keycard and led Tara to the end of the corridor where she proceeded to open the door to the room on the left.

“Not quite the same charm as the little place in Chennai, but hey, the toilet works,” she said as she opened the door and allowed Tara to walk in, “And better than the Sunnydale Motor Inn. Only the best for my girl. Or the best in a twenty-mile radius, anyway.”

Tara did a single, slow 360-degree turn, then fell back onto the bed with her arms thrown above her head. She sighed softly and closed her eyes.

“I needed this. I’ll pay half.”

Willow got up onto the bed on her knees and sat back on her heels.

“It doesn’t matter. We’re not living in pockets around the world anymore, it’s okay for me to gift us something like this. Especially with you saving so hard for college. And the, uh, aforementioned blue ovaries.”

Tara cracked an eye open and arched an eyebrow, which in turn tugged her lips on the same side up.

“Oh, is that how I’m paying you?”

Willow smirked and scooted a little closer.

“It’s more of a suggested donation.”

She leaned her head over Tara’s and kissed her lips softly.

Tara placed her fingers splayed out on Willow’s cheek and tapped her jawline.

“Music, maestro,” she said with the softest of musical moans.

Willow’s tongue stuck out between her teeth.

“That’s your department.”

Without breaking her gaze with Willow, Tara slid her hand into Willow’s pocket.

“And what’s yours?”

“Nibbling,” Willow announced confidently and leaned down to nip Tara’s neck in demonstration, “The Nifty Nibbler, they call me.”

Her assurance quickly fell, as did her face.

“I was so close to pulling off ‘sexy’, wasn’t I?”

“You always pull off ‘sexy’,” Tara murmured in response, “Right now you can pull off my clothes.”

She pulled Willow’s phone from her pocket.

“Siri, play ‘Thinking Of You’ playlist.”

As the notes started, Tara reached back to leave it on the nightstand before catching Willow by the hips to pull her fully on top of her.

There was a brief pause as they exchanged a fiery gaze and shared an equally passionate intake of breath before their lips were swallowing each other and their hands played a game of reverse-firefighter in getting their clothes off as quickly as possible.

Willow gladly pulled Tara’s shirt open for the second time that day but this time made no qualms about unhooking the front clasp of that gorgeous, lacy bra.

When Tara’s breasts popped out, Willow felt a pull so hard in her stomach it felt like it was coming from the Earth’s core itself.

A hand took each generous globe in her hands and she dropped her face to nuzzle between.

“Oh, how I’ve missed you.”

She felt a hand stroke her hair and Tara’s tender voice call down to her.

“I missed you too, darling.”

Willow’s eyes widened and she looked up at Tara with a not-dissimilar smile she’d given Jeff earlier.

“Uh-huh,” she brushed it off quickly and shut up any more conversation by planting her mouth on Tara’s.

She started to push Tara’s shirt back over her shoulders and lifted her arms over her head to divest herself of her own when Tara sat up to shrug hers off. She reached behind and unclasped her bra, which joined Tara’s bra in a shapeless form on the floor.

As her body sought Tara’s, she felt the first brush of their breasts and then nipples and was sure she heard electricity crackle.

She pushed Tara back onto the bed with her hand flat on Tara’s collarbone, then let that hand curve down to Tara’s breast. Her fingers brushed over Tara’s nipple until it was caught between her middle and index finger. She rolled it to a point then dropped her head to close her mouth around it.

The sensation was every bit a reward as was the lovely moan that floated down to her ears from above. In her life, giving to others had often come at a cost to herself.

With Tara, pleasure was taken and given with such ubiquity that made moments like this as close as she could imagine to euphoria.

Even with Mariah Carey playing in the background.

She dreaded some kind of Pavlovian synapse would be triggered that would make her become aroused every time she heard Mariah Carey’s voice, and the complete havoc this would play in her life during the holiday season in particular, but sometimes you made sacrifices for love.

With Tara’s left breast thoroughly enjoyed, Willow moved to the right until she felt the delightful tug of Tara’s hand winding in her hair. She gave a final nibble — she was the Nifty Nibbler after all — and began to leave big, open-mouth kisses down Tara’s stomach.

Tara’s pants had no button to contend with, they weren’t even the same ones she’d worn in their earlier session, so Willow hooked a finger on either side of the waistband and pulled it back just enough for it to snap back on Tara’s skin. Tara jumped and her eyes became more lidded than before.

Willow did it again but this time she pulled the material right down enough for it to fall off Tara’s ankles. Tara’s knees turned in shyly, which Willow found adorable, and kissed them to tell them so.

She then shuffled between Tara’s legs and allowed her hips to thrust forward when Tara attacked her belt. She could see Tara’s hands shaking with the effort to get her out of her clothes and it made her feel drunk with arousal to be desired so deeply.

The actual removal of her bright yellow jeans and remaining underwear was a bit of a blur as it was interspersed with kisses and fondling and a definite movement of a thigh in an area that could easily cause blurry vision.

Finally, she lay with Tara in the way she’d been so longing to for what felt like an eternity.

At least while they traveled, there had been things to distract her when they weren’t in a private room. With Buffy busy working at The DoubleMeat Palace and Xander and Anya all over each other all of the time, Willow had had a lot of time to herself lately and the absence of Tara had only compounded this.

Of course, Willow was not the same person she once had been and did not allow this lack of social life to make her so insular. She had been going to the library and driving around the county limits on her scooter and even took herself to lunch a couple of times. She wouldn’t wallow in loneliness or self-pity but that didn’t mean that finally having Tara naked beneath her wasn’t the most satisfying of crescendos of the personal variety.

Willow curved her hands around Tara’s hips and rubbed there as she pressed delicate kisses between Tara’s breasts and up into her neck.

“I love you,” she whispered as her fingers slid up Tara’s arms and pinned them against the soft hotel pillows.

Tara arched her neck in response and Willow took the offering.

Tara’s whole body twisted, from the end of her toes to the flexed knuckles above her pinned wrists. Her body strained for Willow and Willow didn’t deny, letting them come together in every crease and line until there wasn’t an inch of skin that didn’t touch.

Willow’s thigh lay flush between Tara’s legs and every time Tara exhaled a moan Willow would feel her open and slide with an ever-increasing slickness.

“Willow,” Tara’s breath caught as a freed hand wound itself in the sheets.

“Tara,” Willow moaned back as she tugged Tara’s nipple between her teeth.

The pads of her fingers pressed into the soft flesh of Tara’s stomach and dipped lower when she felt the needy jump of Tara’s muscles.

She lifted her mouth back to Tara’s and right as her tongue slipped in to play, her fingers slipped as well. Tara’s body wrapped around Willow, opening herself to however Willow wanted her.

Willow wanted her hard and deep.

She brought her leg back to plant her knee firmly on the mattress to give her the power she needed behind her wrist. She could feel Tara’s response first in the tremble of her jaw, then the tautening of her body, and finally in the echoing, pulsating squeeze around her fingers which delighted like no other.

On the next stroke, she flattened her wrist so she could get every millimeter of knuckle into Tara and watch the ecstasy spread out across her face.

Sweat broke out on her brow and dripped onto Tara’s equally sweaty forehead. She felt Tara reach down her back and give her cheek a quick squeeze before slipping between their bodies to get lost in an equilibrious exchange of curling fingers.

They landed on their sides to aid their movements and their mouths met again. Though they came together in a frenzied mess, the kiss was immediately softened as were the strokes of their wrists.

Willow nipped affectionately at Tara’s mouth, who giggled and it fed Willow’s passion as much as any moan. She suckled Tara’s bottom lip just as she pressed her fingers up to rub Tara’s front wall. She felt a gush of engulfing heat and then Tara was groaning into her neck and lightly bucking into her slowed hand.

Willow gently kissed the curve of Tara’s ear as she felt the pulsing around her fingers stop ringing. There was a long, slow gasp of air and Willow thought she knew what was coming next when Tara’s body began to shift over her, but then suddenly Tara’s hand was gone from her completely instead of the deeper, clutching touch she was expecting.

It was jarring, like stepping out of a hot shower on a cold day but Willow didn’t have a chance for the condensation between her thighs to dry before Tara was down there with a hot tongue to fuel the hot fire in Willow’s belly.

“Mmmm!”

Her lips vibrated as her moan pushed past unexpectedly. Her knees flopped to nothing as her hips twisted to get every inch of tongue being offered.

“Tara!”

Her eyes were shut tight but she chanced looking down and a little whimper escaped. She loved to see Tara’s hair strewn out all over her thighs and Tara’s hands holding her open to be feasted on and the soft glisten of Tara’s lips during the split second she parted to inhale a breath.

As if sensing a gaze on her, Tara looked up and smirked.

That smirk was Willow’s undoing, aided by Tara’s mouth resuming its task and her short fingernails adding just enough of a scratch on Willow’s abs to allow the tingling to congregate in one space, like a black hole of pleasure pulling everything in and popping Willow out on the other side, sighing and sated.

Tara kissed back up Willow’s chest and lazily rolled onto the sheets beside her, wiping her mouth on the pillow as her knee bent up over Willow’s torso.

She let Willow’s breathing return to normal as she silently curled the ends of Willow’s hair between her fingers.

Eventually, Willow seemed to return from her trip across the cosmos and let her head roll on the pillow toward Tara.

“That was…worth waiting for.”

She put her arm across Tara’s arched leg over her body, letting her fingertips dance on Tara’s shin. Tara in turn put her arm over Willow’s arm so they were completely tied together in something that looked like a pretzel but felt like the final piece of a puzzle being slotted into place.

“We were on a different continent last time we had sex,” Tara mused, her voice heady and heavy with the lingering passion in the air.

“Mexico is part of North America,” Willow corrected, then looked sheepish when Tara just arched an eyebrow, “Right, not a geography lesson.”

Tara sighed softly in Willow’s ear.

“I love you.”

“I love you,” Willow replied and they both stretched in far enough to kiss.

They settled back together and spent a while just breathing; in that space between conscious and unconscious.

“What did you get up to today?” Tara asked when she felt Willow’s toes start to caress her calf.

Willow knew better than to mention the earlier incident they’d fled from.

“I hung out with Xander and Anya. It sucked. She has no comprehension of the pre-school level knowledge required to play board games! It’s all, what can I sell for money, who can I have sex with to make more money?”

“I don’t think she said that,” Tara replied softly.

“Basically did,” Willow grumbled, then her voice grew somber, “Buffy couldn’t come. She has to take care of her little sister. Her Mom’s gone into the hospital for some tests.”

“Oh yeah, my Mom mentioned that,” Tara replied and rubbed Willow’s arm comfortingly, “I hope she’s okay.”

Willow forced a smile.

“I’m sure she will be.”

They lapsed into silence again until Willow’s belly gave a little grumble, making them both laugh.

Now we get dinner,” Willow said and smirked knowingly at Tara, “Promise you won’t get me in trouble for having dessert before dinner?”

“Oh, I’d like to get you in lots of trouble,” Tara murmured back but before they could kiss, it was Tara’s stomach’s turn to rumble, “I should have taken some extra wings from the restaurant.”

Willow suddenly held a finger up.

“Better idea. Pizza!” she grinned triumphantly, “Pizza and movie Friday. It is our tradition.”

Tara started to smile, but it faltered.

“Do you need to be home tonight for Shabbat?”

Willow shook her head.

“No, they’re out of town,” she said easily, then rubbed Tara’s arm reassuringly when she got an unsure look back, “It’s okay, really. It’s some important gala in L.A. They’re coming home on Sunday and then they’re not leaving again until I leave for Claremont so…I’m actually pretty appreciative of the night off. Especially given the circumstances I find myself in right now…”

She had her fingers walk up Tara’s thigh. Tara smirked.

“I don’t think we’re leaving this room for dinner.”

“There’s pizza on the room service menu…” Willow said in an alluring voice.

Tara frowned slightly.

“Is it ridiculously expensive?”

Willow reached over to blindly find the room service menu on the neatly stacked papers on the nightstand, beside the phone. She peered at it and hid it again before Tara could see.

“…not if we pretend we’re in Sydney again.”

Tara’s mouth fell into a thin, unamused line but then her eyelids flickered and grew lidded.

“We had amazing sex in Sydney.”

“We had amazing sex everywhere,” Willow replied, affronted, “Except—”

“Fiji!” they said in unison and convulsed together in laughter.

They chuckled to themselves as their heads settled close to each other on the same pillow.

“The place around the corner delivers,” Willow suggested after a moment.

Tara tapped two fingers against Willow’s head.

“There’s my smart girl.”

“Do I get a little sugar?” Willow asked with an arched eyebrow.

Tara returned the look.

“You get me a little spicy and I’ll give you a little sugar.”

Willow did another blind reach for her phone this time, which had stopped playing music some time ago.

They hadn’t noticed.

They never did.

She found it and quickly brought up the local pizza place’s website.

“One large double-double spicy chicken and mushroom pie comin’ up,” she announced, tossing her phone over her shoulder and tapping her lips, “I’ll take what I’m owed and tips are always appreciated.”

Tara leaned in close enough for them to share breath.

“I always pay my debts.”

She nipped Willow’s lips then soothed it with her tongue which she slowly let fall into Willow’s mouth.

After several minutes of slow, sensual kissing where Willow couldn’t remember taking a single breath, they parted. Willow’s eyes remained lidded.

“…and you’re a great tipper.”

Tara chuckled.

“All servers are.”

“I don’t care about all servers,” Willow replied, tugging Tara toward her by pulling on her hip, “I care about my server. I hope you didn’t get any tips like that today.”

“Just the cash kind,” Tara replied, then smiled as there was a knock on the door, “And that’s why pizza is on me.”

She jumped up to find a hotel robe and Willow got to experience the delightful few seconds of her naked quest. She cracked the door open enough for the pizza box to be passed through and the cash to be handed out.

“Thank you,” Tara squeaked with pink cheeks when the delivery boy gave her a knowing smirk.

“‘Welcome’,” he replied and made no motion to move so Tara had to close the door in his face.

Facing back to Willow, she looked relieved as she carried the pizza box to the bed.

“So what movie are we watching?”

Willow slowly smiled and sat up to find the remote and turn the television on.

“Hallmark murder mystery…made for TV divorce drama…generic 80s blockbuster…ooh! We can stream! Care to educate me in an as-yet-unwatched piece of lesbian cinema?”

Tara laid out the napkins on the bed so they wouldn’t ruin the sheets before she opened the pizza box.

“You’ve never seen ‘But I’m A Cheerleader’ have you?”

Willow blushed slightly.

“No, but I’ve had a dream or two with you and some pom-poms.”

Tara’s lips quirked up on one side.

“We’re about to have a fun night.”

Willow just grinned back.

“Of that I am sure.”

Willow woke to the sound of the pitter-pattering of water and wondered if they were having a rare rainy California day.

This was promptly followed by the screech of a faucet and Willow realized she was hearing the shower from the adjoining wall to the bathroom.

Soon after she heard the sweet tune of Tara’s humming rising into the burst of steam released when Tara opened the bathroom door. Willow watched as Tara released the clip in her hair that had held it up and stopped it from getting wet, letting her thick locks pool around the hood of the soft hotel robe.

“You look like a librarian in a porno,” Willow said with sleepy adoration in her voice.

Tara put her hands loosely on her hips.

“I don’t think that’s the compliment you think it is.”

“No,” Willow giggled out some morning husk, “You know, the typical librarian fantasy? All with the hair releasing and stuff?”

She waved her hand indicatively.

“Is that your root?” Tara asked with a crooked smile as she sat down on the corner of the bed.

Willow reached out and trailed the outline of Tara’s rear.

“My root is your butt looking as fine as it is,” she said with a deep chuckle, “Why do you think it’s so hard to resist you when you wear those jeans you were wearing yesterday?”

Tara’s jaw tensed.

“I won’t be wearing them any time soon if that’s the kind of situation we’ll get ourselves into.”

Willow’s bottom lip protruded.

“Don’t say that.”

Tara gracefully swung her body to lie beside Willow. She placed her palm on Willow’s chest and rubbed her thumb over the protruding clavicle bones.

“Well I would never pressure you to change your mind about your boundaries but I’m not getting into that situation again so unless…”

Willow reached out and stroked her hand over Tara’s hair.

“Baby, it’s not me. My Dad…”

“I know that your house is off-limits,” Tara replied with a sincere nod, “But my Mom is okay with it? I just don’t quite—”

“Wait,” Willow suddenly sat up, “You… you talked about this with your Mom?”

Tara swallowed and her eyes widened for a split second before she cleared her throat.

“Well… it came up. Before you ever said anything to me, it was the morning after we arrived home. She said something that I misinterpreted and I asked her if she was uncomfortable with you staying over. She said ‘I’ve known you and Willow were having sex for a long time and I never had a problem with her staying over before’. Then I mentioned we hadn’t really had full sex in the house but that was the cut-off point of comfortable for both of us so I didn’t continue the conversation.”

Tara waited for a response with Willow’s face giving nothing away.

“Are you telling me…that your mother specifically said she was okay with us having sex in her house?”

Tara’s shoulders shifted uncomfortably.

“Well she didn’t say those words in that order but it was clear she hadn’t had a problem in the past and doesn't now either.”

Willow turned her head toward Tara and threw her hands up.

“WELL, WHY THE FRILLY HECK DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THAT!?”

Tara reeled back.

“What are you talking about?”

Willow’s hands turned to fists in the air.

“IF SHE WAS FINE WITH IT, WE COULD HAVE BEEN DOING IT!”

Tara’s mouth dropped open.

“You said you weren’t comfortable!”

“I would be if I knew she was!” Willow replied challengingly.

Tara was quick to sit up at that tone.

“I told you it was fine as long as we were discreet!”

Willow poked Tara in the shoulder.

“You didn’t say they were her specific instructions!”

Tara paused, then dropped her head into her hands.

“Oh my god.”

Willow caught a breath and a slow smile spread on her face.

“This is fantastic.”

Tara rubbed her eyes with the heels of her hands.

“At least we won’t ever be caught with our shirts off again.”

Off in her own world, Willow’s eyes danced with possibilities.

“How secure is your desk chair? We’re going to find out.”

Tara let out a sigh as she started to scoot off the bed. This was enough to pull Willow back into the moment.

“Where are you going?”

“To get some food,” Tara answered and threw a crooked smile over her shoulder, “Apparently I'm going to need my energy.”

Willow took Tara’s hand and pulled her back.

“I’ll energize you…”

Tara squeezed their palms together.

“We have to go home and apologize.”

Willow frowned deeply.

“Suddenly food first sounds amazing.”

Tara closed her eyes and lay back down again. Willow curled into her side in a ‘C’ shape. Tara stroked Willow’s hair and kissed the top of her head.

“No one heals me like you.”

Willow closed her eyes and snuggled her cheek into the soft robe.

“We should do it in your closet. I like the symbolism given how long it took me to come out of it. And what about your desk? I fantasized so much about bending you over your desk. OH and—”

“Willow,” Tara interrupted quietly.

Willow lifted her head.

“Yeah?”

Tara let out a short sound.

“Shush.”

Willow lifted her chin indignantly.

“I have half a mind not to snuggle you.”

“You can hold my boob,” Tara offered.

Willow immediately pushed her hand under the robe and closed her hand around Tara’s breast. She laid her head back down.

“Well, there's no point in punishing us both.”

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - June 22th 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:56 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh that is not the way to meet your mom's new boyfriend, poor Tara!! I am glad they finally got some quality sexy time together!

Quote:
Even with Mariah Carey playing in the background.
hahahaha!! I am not a Mariah fan and this make me laugh

Quote:
Willow did another blind reach for her phone this time, which had stopped playing music some time ago.

They hadn’t noticed.

They never did.

so sweet- I love this thread of the playlist as they move and grow.

I would like to think Tara forgot Mexico was on the same continent due to sex brain ;p (although so many people do not seem to know that)

So yay (?) they can have sex in Tara's room.... I mean, good thing if no one is there, but I foresee many hotel rooms/ dorms in their future. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:25 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
I was so happy that you were going to continue this story that I went back and reread inevitable. Loving it so far!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

shirrey

Quote:
Oh that is not the way to meet your mom's new boyfriend, poor Tara!!

The worst possible way I think...or at least getting there :P

Quote:
I am glad they finally got some quality sexy time together!

So are they :D

Quote:
hahahaha!! I am not a Mariah fan and this make me laugh

I wouldn't say I'm a 'fan' but not a hater either...I find it amusing that Willow finds it amusing.

Quote:
so sweet- I love this thread of the playlist as they move and grow.

Yes!

Quote:
I would like to think Tara forgot Mexico was on the same continent due to sex brain ;p (although so many people do not seem to know that)

I think it was more of an assosciation problem...they were in south america, then mexico, then home, so in her head there was pre-home and then home and mexico was jumbled in with all of the pre-home.

Quote:
So yay (?) they can have sex in Tara's room.... I mean, good thing if no one is there, but I foresee many hotel rooms/ dorms in their future. Thanks!!

They'll be quiet as a mouse!

leftindust

Quote:
I was so happy that you were going to continue this story that I went back and reread inevitable. Loving it so far!

Wow, that's amazing!! So glad to have you on board!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

The Second Time Meeting Jeff

But It Don't Matter
'Cause The Roots Run Deep
And Ain't Nothing Gonna Shake Our Family Tree

Willow finished the checkout process in the store she was in and made her way out to the parking lot where Tara was waiting in the car.

She opened the door on the passenger side and sat in, immediately situating her face in front of the A/C.

“Damn, it’s hot. I wish we were back on those nice, cool sheets…”

Tara pushed out of the parking spot and indicated out onto the street. Willow belted up and sat back, glancing over nervously.

“So, um, do you remember I mentioned we needed to talk about the car?”

“This car?” Tara asked with a questioning eyebrow, “My Mom’s car?”

Willow pulled a pained face.

“Not exactly…” she replied, folding her lips in on herself for a moment, then adopted a perky tone, “See, it’s actually your car!”

Tara just nodded and continued looking ahead.

“Yeah, I use it when she doesn’t need it.”

Willow made her shoulders relax.

“Well guess what?” she said, forcing a smile so hard her cheeks cracked, “She doesn’t need it anymore! Making it all yours!”

Tara’s eyebrows arched comically on her face.

“What are you talking about?”

Willow’s body slumped unsurely.

“I gave your Mom the Volvo.”

Tara turned her head sharply.

“You…gave it to her? For good? It’s a brand new car!”

“But I don’t need it!” Willow spilled over her words, “I bought the Vespa!”

“How are you going to move to college?” Tara asked incredulously.

“We can U-Haul it. It’s way past our second date,” Willow replied affirmatively, then grinned, “That’s a lesbian joke.”

Tara couldn’t help but smile but pursed her lips trying to hide it. She exhaled a slow breath.

“Willow, you can’t just give away a brand new car.”

Willow sat up again triumphantly.

“I didn’t! I traded it for this one. A not-new car. Which is perfectly acceptable to give to your girlfriend.”

Tara’s eyes widened as she pieced together the parts Willow so willfully tried to separate.

“Wait, what?”

“I traded that car so you could have this one,” Willow replied meekly, “Come on Tara, it’s L.A., you’re going to need a car. I knew you wouldn’t take the Volvo but who deserves it more than your Mom? And finally, good-for-something Donnie fixed up this car so you’ll get your college years out of it. This is the perfect solution.”

Tara’s eyes closed and she dropped her head on the steering wheel. When she sensed the cars in front moving again, she lifted her head and sighed unsurely.

“What if you want a car down the line?”

Willow held up a hand.

“Then I’ll do what everyone else does when they want a car? Get a job, pay for a lease? Fact is, I’ve already done the trade so either this car sits in my parents’ driveway or you actually take it and use it.”

Tara glanced over cautiously.

“Do your parents know?”

“Unnecessary,” Willow replied surely, “The title is in my name. Well, your Mom’s now.”

Tara paused then reached over and cupped the back of Willow’s head, massaging there lightly.

“You are so incredibly sweet,” she said in sincerity and let the ends of Willow’s hair curl around her fingers, “But I do wish you wouldn’t do the sneaky thing so much.”

Willow glanced down.

“I wanted it to be a surprise.”

“You wanted me not to veto the ‘trade’ to begin with,” Tara countered softly.

“I wanted you to accept a gift you need and deserve,” Willow returned and Tara was quiet for a long time.

So long that they were almost home already and Willow wasn’t sure of their vibe. As they pulled into the driveway, Willow covered Tara’s hand on the wheel.

“Do I still get to hold your boob tonight?”

Tara turned her hand so their fingers linked. She looked over with a crooked smile.

“Only after you do me on my chair, in my closet, then bent over my desk. That was your to-do list, right?”

The grin that broke Willow’s face was real this time.

“I better eat a hearty lunch.”

Tara’s brow creased uncomfortably.

“Lunch.”

Willow returned the same look.

“AKA the Apology Special with a side of ‘Oh Dear God Why’.”

Tara dropped her head on the wheel again, but this time her forehead made direct contact with the horn.

As the loud blow rang out across the street, the front door flew open and Kimberly came running out.

“Tara, Willow! Thank god!”

Tara opened the car door but wasn’t even fully on her feet when her mother pulled her into a hug. Tara’s eyes widened and she glanced to Willow, who was getting out the other side and giving the same clueless look back.

Kimberly hugged tighter for a moment then pulled back and looked at Tara sternly.

“Where the hell have you been young lady?”

“I was with Willow,” Tara replied with confusion on her face.

Kimberly poked her finger in the direction of the house opposite.

“I rang that doorbell a million times and no one answered.”

“We weren’t there, we got a hotel room,” Tara answered, finding herself on the defensive but not sure why.

Kimberley’s hands moved to her hips.

“And why did neither of you answer your phone?”

“Were you trying to call us old-people style?” Willow came around, albeit cautiously, “By, uh, which I mean not through a calling app? That area of town has notoriously bad signal.”

Kimberly’s arms fell by her side.

“I can never get Jeff when he’s in the store,” she paused and threw her arms around both girls, “I was so worried when you two didn’t come home.”

She pulled back and flicked a hand on either of their upper arms.

“Why didn’t you come home?!”

Willow stepped back and Tara reached across her own body to hold her opposite arm awkwardly.

“We didn’t really think we were welcome.”

Kimberly exhaled slowly and met Tara’s gaze.

“This is your house. You will always be welcome, both of you,” she looked at Willow, who smiled back softly, then Kimberly arched her eyebrow in that Maclay way that terrified Willow, “But that doesn’t mean we’re not going to talk about what happened.”

Willow’s eyes widened while Tara squirmed uncomfortably.

“We weren’t—”

“Can we not do this here—”

Kimberly held up a silencing hand.

“Just promise me it won’t happen again.”

Tara was quick to shake her head.

“It won’t.”

Willow held a hand up shyly.

“Just to be clear, you mean outside the b—” Willow cut off as Tara kicked her shoe, “Point understood. That very specific circumstance in which the incident happened will never happen again.”

Kimberly’s eyes narrowed but after a moment, relented.

“Well, you better come in. I postponed Donny coming over last night until today which worked out quite well because now his new girlfriend can make it.”

“Yay,” Willow replied unenthusiastically and her sneaker got another scuff courtesy of Tara’s shoe.

Willow threw her some side-eye back as they followed Kimberly back into the house.

Ahead of them, they didn’t see Jeff fussing with his shirt or Kimberly smiling at him as she smoothed out the collar for him. They did see the little kiss she placed on his cheek as they came into the living a few seconds later and both smiled, first at Jeff and Kimberly, then at each other.

Jeff appeared cool and confident but his cheeks blushed a light pink and Tara could see the antsy jitters in his eyes, the same she could spot in Willow often.

“So nice to meet you,” he said in an easy tone, confirming the unsaid agreement that they would be pretending the day before never happened.

Willow and Tara glanced again at each other, then Tara was quick to reach out her hand.

“Very nice to meet you,” she said shyly.

“Mr. Bogarty,” Willow shook his hand, a tad weakly.

Jeff waved his hand in front of him.

“Jeff, please.”

Willow looked slightly afraid of such a request.

“I’m gonna stick with Mr. Bogarty.”

“That really was my father’s name,” Jeff replied as he tucked his hand into his front jeans pocket with his thumb sticking out.

Willow pursed her lips for a moment, then offered a compromise.

“Mr. B?”

Jeff smile and let out a chuckle.

“Deal.”

They shook again with a friendlier grip and shared similar awkward smiles. Moments later the doorbell rang and Kimberly clasped her hands together in a mix of excitement and wringing anxiety.

“Oh, that’s Donny.”

Willow nudged Tara and took her hand to lead her out to the kitchen.

“Let’s get out of here before we can’t breathe from the testosterone.”

Tara frowned as she followed her girlfriend.

“Willow, you have to at least give him a chance…”

Kimberly answered the door and smiled at her not-quite-clean-shaven-but-definitely-not-scruffy son. She hugged him and accepted the bottle of fancy sparkling water he presented to her.

“Where’s your honey?”

“Can we not do that when she gets here?” Donny cringed and scuffed his shoe on the floor, “She’s coming in a bit. Had a meeting this morning. I did too but mine ended earlier.”

Kimberly nodded understandingly.

“Does she know how to get here?”

Donny nodded.

“Yeah, she said she hung out around here as a kid.”

Kimberly smiled sadly.

“Shame you didn’t meet her then.”

Donny shook his head.

“I’m glad I didn’t. My demons would have still been there. I would have just hurt her too,” he said in an even, resolute tone, then pushed himself forward so as no to linger in the past and closed the door behind him, “So, where’s this guy I gotta threaten to beat down?”

“Donald,” Kimberly scolded.

“I’m just kidding, maw,” Donny replied and wrapped an affectionate arm around her shoulders.

In the kitchen, Willow slid up to Jeff as he refilled his water glass, having depleted most of his hydration in sweat alone already.

This was not going to change any time soon.

“Ms. Maclay seems to really like you,” Willow made Jeff jump slightly, appearing behind the refrigerator door as he closed it, “I’m glad.”

Jeff cleared his throat.

“Oh, well—”

Willow didn’t give him a chance to finish.

“Ms. M is a very special woman. Practically raised me. Certainly cared more than my own parents ever did.”

Jeff smiled lovingly and Willow recognized it from the mirror any time she was in front of Tara.

“She has a kind soul.”

Willow nodded.

“The kindest. Something she passed down to her children. Well, one of them anyway. And I want to make sure she’s taken care of.”

Jeff looked pained and the grip on his glass increased.

“I’m not quite sure what you mean.”

Willow’s chin lifted with an air of importance.

“I’m just saying, she’s very important to me. And she only deserves the best.”

“Jeff?” Kimberly poked her head in the kitchen door and indicated for him to come out to meet Donny.

Willow’s face suddenly changed into a disarming smile.

“And remember, if you hurt her, I will beat you to death with a shovel. A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun.”

She patted him on the shoulder and returned to Tara, who was wrapping silverware up in napkins at the table.

“What was that about?” Tara asked with the same narrowed eyes Kimberly had displayed earlier as she watched Jeff walk out of the room looking slightly terrified.

“Oh you know, just some classic daughter’s-girlfriend-warning-mother’s-boyfriend chat,” Willow replied breezily.

“‘Warning’?” Tara questioned with an arched eyebrow.

Willow lifted her hand to Tara’s face and placed a finger in the dimple of Tara’s chin.

“You’re so hot when you’re umbraged,” she said and let her finger fall down to Tara’s neck, “I bet we could get the closet session in if we’re quick…”

Tara blushed and looked down, looking up again through heavy eyelashes.

“Behave.”

Willow smirked.

“That’s my line for when you’re bent over the desk.”

Tara reached out and clapped a hand over Willow’s mouth.

“Sshh,” she giggled and dropped her hand so she could shut Willow up with a kiss this time.

Willow placed her hands on Tara’s cheeks and returned the kiss. After several long, lingering moments, Tara broke off and tugged on Willow’s hand.

“Come on.”

Willow’s eyes lit up with glassy anticipation.

“To the closet?”

“To the living room,” Tara returned in a whisper with a dry smile and promising wink.

Willow was only pouting slightly as they returned to the living room, which really was a testament to her.

In the living room, Donny and Jeff were laughing like old buddies though Donny grew more serious when he saw the girls enter. He stood and wiped his palms on his pants.

“Hey, Tara.”

Tara leaned in for a small, brief hug.

“Hi, Donny.”

Donny nodded respectfully at Willow.

“Hi Willow.”

“Donny,” Willow returned less respectfully, but not enough to get a scolding look from either Maclay woman, though Tara did turn to her and mouth ‘please’.

Willow offered a relenting look.

“Um, why don’t I go get drinks for everyone. Arnold Palmers all ‘round? They’re my specialty.”

“That would be lovely, Willow, thank you,” Kimberly smiled.

Willow squeezed Tara’s hand as she passed. While she was still in the hall, the doorbell rang and she turned toward it.

“I got it!”

She opened the door and smiled at the person on the other side. Her smile turned curious and a tad confused when she realized she recognized them.

“Amy?”

Amy’s nose twitched.

“Willow?” she asked, looking over her shoulder for a long moment, “Is this…your house? I thought you lived…”

“I do,” Willow confirmed with a nod, “This is my girlfriend’s house.”

Amy blinked slowly.

“You're…wow.”

“Uh, yeah,” Willow chewed on the corner of her mouth, “Wait, why are you here? Did you mean to go to my house?”

Amy shook her head.

“No,” she said, stepping uncomfortably off one foot, “I’m here to see my…boyfriend.”

“Your…” Willow started, then her eyes widened, “Wow.”

Her brow scrunched in disbelief.

You’re Donny’s…?”

Amy tugged on the handle of her purse over her shoulder. Willow continued to stare.

“I haven’t seen you since you disappeared senior year.”

Amy looked up with regret in her eyes.

“I had a lot going on.”

“Been there,” Willow exhaled softly and stood aside, “I guess you should come in. Everyone’s in the living room. Want an Arnold Palmer?”

Amy stepped in and smiled softly.

“Do you still make those ginger mochas we used to gorge on brownies with?”

Willow returned the smile.

“I’m sure I could whip one up. How is your Mom doing these days?”

“Oh, you know,” Amy breathed softly, “Still her own best trophy.”

Willow nodded sympathetically.

“Mine is…doing better these days actually. Talking with me, not at me and such.”

“I’m glad,” Amy supplied sincerely, if not still with that glimmer of regret, “You said in…?”

“Door on the right,” Willow confirmed as she shut the front door behind then.

Amy turned into the living room and Willow saw Donny give her a big bear hug as she passed by to get to the kitchen.

Shaking her head, she went into the kitchen to make a pitcher of Arnold Palmer. She called it her ‘specialty’ because she liked to think she’d perfected the best ratio of ice tea to lemonade. Tasty science was the best science in her book.

Getting down the ingredients to make a ginger mocha, she remembered lying on her with Amy as a tween. They’d discuss how much their mothers sucked and which boys they liked.

Willow rolled her eyes at herself.

She thought she knew so much back then.

She hadn’t the first idea.

Stirring in the spoon of ground ginger, Willow went the whole hog and topped it off with whipped cream.

When she brought in the tray with the drinks, everyone parted to let her put it down on the coffee table. Jeff laughed when he saw the mocha.

“Is it Christmas?”

Willow straightened up and held her shoulders high.

“I’m of the opinion that whipped cream isn’t limited to being a seasonal treat, despite what the mainstream media may tell you.”

Jeff smiled and lifted a cup in her direction.

“Have you met Amy?” Kimberly asked, putting her arms around Amy’s shoulders to squeeze either side and just generally do that doting mother thing.

Willow nodded easily.

“We go way back.”

“Since before Willow was dating girls,” Amy replied with a slight squeak to her voice.

Everybody raised their eyebrows and Willow’s nose scrunched.

“There’s a bit of a honky timeline there. Fill ya in later. And it’s girl. Singular.”

“I’m sure,” Amy nodded and looked to Donny for a moment, who gave a soft, affirming look back.

Willow still didn’t trust him; she didn’t think she ever would.

But she knew she looked the same way at Tara.

And maybe that was the thread of commonality that would allow them to be part of the same family harmoniously.

Maybe.

Until then, there were positive affirmations.

Willow exhaled a breath.

I shall believe.

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - June 29th 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:16 am 
5. Willowhand

I don't have anything specific to say just want to say it's going great, can't wait to read more!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:30 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Quote:
Amy?”

Amy’s nose twitched.

this made me giggle

The Maclay's seem to be in a good place, at least relatively.

Willow giving the car to Tara is sweet, but I agree she should have run the decision by Tara first.

They are in that weird place of being young adults, not yet totally autonomous but not teens who have to abide by parental rules anymore- its a tricky place to be

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:14 am 

Very satisfying "reunion" of our girls! :drool
Apart from the sexiness I loved this funny part:
Quote:
A hand took each generous globe in her hands and she dropped her face to nuzzle between.

“Oh, how I’ve missed you.”

She felt a hand stroke her hair and Tara’s tender voice call down to her.

“I missed you too, darling.”

Willow’s eyes widened and she looked up at Tara with a not-dissimilar smile she’d given Jeff earlier.

“Uh-huh,” she brushed it off quickly and shut up any more conversation by planting her mouth on Tara’s.

:lol

Yay that Willow realized she and Tara can take of their "chastity belts" in Tara's bedroom. I loved her drift into sexual fantasy land:

Quote:
Willow closed her eyes and snuggled her cheek into the soft robe.

“We should do it in your closet. I like the symbolism given how long it took me to come out of it. And what about your desk? I fantasized so much about bending you over your desk. OH and—”

“Willow,” Tara interrupted quietly.

Willow lifted her head.

“Yeah?”

Tara let out a short sound.

“Shush.”

Willow lifted her chin indignantly.

“I have half a mind not to snuggle you.”

“You can hold my boob,” Tara offered.

Willow immediately pushed her hand under the robe and closed her hand around Tara’s breast. She laid her head back down.

“Well, there's no point in punishing us both.”

:rofl That's an incentive our little breast girl could never pass up on.

I'm glad that Tara accepted the Toyota as a gift after some protest.
I'm wondering if this was an error:
Quote:
“You are so incredibly sweet,” she said insincerely
and you meant sincerely instead, because I can't imagine Tara using such a term of endearment for Willow falsely?

Quote:
“Shame you didn’t meet her then.”

Donny shook his head.

“I’m glad I didn’t. My demons would have still been there. I would have just hurt her too,” he said in an even, resolute tone, then pushed himself forward so as no to linger in the past and closed the door behind him

Donny seems to have really changed for the better, I'm relieved for him, Tara and Kimberly.

Willow using the "shovel"-threat on Jeff instead of Riley was hilarious. I could totally picture this scene in my mind with her appearing behind the closing refrigerator door.

Quote:
“You’re so hot when you’re umbraged,” she said and let her finger fall down to Tara’s neck, “I bet we could get the closet session in if we’re quick…”

Tara blushed and looked down, looking up again through heavy eyelashes.

“Behave.”

Willow smirked.

“That’s my line for when you’re bent over the desk.”

Tara reached out and clapped a hand over Willow’s mouth.

“Sshh,” she giggled and dropped her hand so she could shut Willow up with a kiss this time.

Willow placed her hands on Tara’s cheeks and returned the kiss. After several long, lingering moments, Tara broke off and tugged on Willow’s hand.

“Come on.”

Willow’s eyes lit up with glassy anticipation.

“To the closet?”

“To the living room,” Tara returned in a whisper with a dry smile and promising wink.

Willow was only pouting slightly as they returned to the living room, which really was a testament to her.

:rofl

Quote:
How is your Mom doing these days?”

“Oh, you know,” Amy breathed softly, “Still her own best trophy.”

Clever nod to canon.

Quote:
“Have you met Amy?” Kimberly asked, putting her arms around Amy’s shoulders to squeeze either side and just generally do that doting mother thing.

Willow nodded easily.

“We go way back.”

“Since before Willow was dating girls,” Amy replied with a slight squeak to her voice.

Everybody raised their eyebrows and Willow’s nose scrunched.

“There’s a bit of a wonky timeline there. Fill ya in later.”

“I’m sure,” Amy nodded and looked to Donny for a moment, who gave a soft, affirming look back.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Amy as a basically good although "struggling with some mental demons"-character. It bugged me that her character ended up as one of the "bad guys" in the original series after all the hardship she went through. Amy can surely profit from some "maternal" love from Kimberly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

leftindust

Quote:
I don't have anything specific to say just want to say it's going great, can't wait to read more!

Thanks so much!

Thanks for commenting!

shirrey

Quote:
this made me giggle

I'm glad someone else likes my cheesy jokes :D

Quote:
The Maclay's seem to be in a good place, at least relatively.

Mostly. That's pretty good for family, really!

Quote:
Willow giving the car to Tara is sweet, but I agree she should have run the decision by Tara first.

YUP! Although Willow is right that Tara would have fought it.

Quote:
They are in that weird place of being young adults, not yet totally autonomous but not teens who have to abide by parental rules anymore- its a tricky place to be

One of the most awkward times in time - but also the most fun!

Will's redemption

Quote:
Very satisfying "reunion" of our girls! :drool

:D

Quote:
Apart from the sexiness I loved this funny part:

:rofl That's an incentive our little breast girl could never pass up on.

Tara has a card in her sleeve any time she wants...two, technically :P

Quote:
I'm glad that Tara accepted the Toyota as a gift after some protest.

It really is best for everyone.

Quote:
I'm wondering if this was an error:
and you meant sincerely instead, because I can't imagine Tara using such a term of endearment for Willow falsely?

It was! Actually, it was supposed to be 'in sincerity' and I think I got autocorrected. Thanks for pointing it out!

Quote:
Donny seems to have really changed for the better, I'm relieved for him, Tara and Kimberly.

I for one wasn't interested in seeing him continue to torture Tara :)

Quote:
Willow using the "shovel"-threat on Jeff instead of Riley was hilarious. I could totally picture this scene in my mind with her appearing behind the closing refrigerator door.

:lol :lol I'm glad you could picture it!

Quote:
Clever nod to canon.

*tips hat*

Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Amy as a basically good although "struggling with some mental demons"-character. It bugged me that her character ended up as one of the "bad guys" in the original series after all the hardship she went through. Amy can surely profit from some "maternal" love from Kimberly.

Even if she only shows up at holidays and stuff, she still deserves more than what she got...shudder!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hanging Out With Buffy

For Good Times And Bad Times
I'll Be On Your Side Forever More
That's What Friends Are For

“What do you think? The, the — the purple, right? 'Cause, 'cause it's somber?”

Tara stood by the window in Willow’s bedroom and watched her girlfriend run around her room as if her head had been cut off and kept rolling away from her.

“No. No, it's too depressing, i-it's like, um, a… funeral, god, I…” Willow babbled and then held up the other shirt in her hands, a yellow one, “Well, this is, this is cheerier, maybe, I-I wanna be cheery, like, like everything is normal?”

Tara could only watch, frowning. She felt like she was watching Willow spinning into oblivion. Willow only confounded this by dropping her arms dramatically.

“No, that's rude, that's, that's disrespectful. ‘La la la! I don't care!”’

She tossed both blouses on the bed with a sigh.

“If I had that blue one—” she turned back to the closet, then back to Tara again, “Jo-Joyce really likes the blue one. She told me one time. You, you sure it's not in your room?”

Tara pushed herself off the window and took a few steps toward Willow.

“I-I-I could look again.”

Willow looked pained.

“No, no, I-I, I should, I should wear the purple,” she said and picked it up from the bed, “The purple, I, I, I think the purple, it's just that it's so, I don't know…”

She looked at Tara with a mix of hope and desperation.

“I-it doesn't mean something bad?”

Tara pursed her lips softly.

“I think it's, um…royal. Purple means… royalty.”

Suddenly Willow burst into tears and Tara realized Willow was taking the news of Joyce’s brain tumor much harder than she’d realized. Joyce had been in hospital for a few days and today she was finally getting the scan she needed for them to know if it was going to be treatable or now.

“Well, I can't see Buffy at the house and be all royal! ‘Oh, I'm the king of everything, I'm better than you!’ I have to be supportive, I, Buffy needs me to be supportive, I…”

She stopped to take a heaving breath, but it just prompted more tears. As Tara looked on with concern, Willow picked up another shirt.

“God, why do all my shirts have such stupid things on them?” she tossed it back down angrily, “Why can't I just dress like a grownup? Can't I be a grownup?”

Tara came over and put her hands on Willow's shoulders, rubbing her shoulders and neck.

“Shh, darling.”

Willow kept crying.

“I can't do this.”

Tara paused briefly, then kissed Willow on the forehead, then on the mouth. Willow deflated and after a moment, returned the kiss. Tara leaned her forehead against Willow's.

“We can do this.”

Willow’s eyes fluttered closed and her chin turned in toward her chest.

“Oh god, she’s only going in for surgery. How the hell am I going to react if…”

“Willow,” Tara said gently, “You’re catastrophizing. All we’re doing is hanging out with Buffy and Dawn today until they get the results.”

Willow’s eyes grew wet again.

“Little Dawn.”

Tara rubbed her hand on Willow’s collarbone.

“We can be strong.”

Willow sniffled.

“Strong like an Amazon?”

Tara smiled, though found even her eyes pricking at the idea of losing Joyce. She barely knew the woman but she was a friend to her mother and a surrogate mother to her girlfriend. But she also knew they were going over to the Summers' house today to be a distraction, not hysterical.

“Strong like an Amazon, right,” she confirmed and pressed their lips together again, “And remember what my mom told us. It’s likely a low-grade tumor. She'll need treatment but she’ll be okay.”

Willow nodded quickly and swiped at her eyes. She turned and flung some t-shirts to the side.

“I’m sorry I’m such a baby. I’m fine. It’s all good.”

Tara embraced Willow from behind. She felt Willow relax back and then their breath slow to one calm sync.

“You are a human. With human emotions. And I still love you. I will always love you. This is me. It doesn't all have to be ‘good’ and ‘fine’. This is the room where you don't have to be brave. I still love you. If you're worried you can be worried.”

Willow turned in Tara’s arms.

“But turn it off in front of Buffy and Dawn.”

Tara smiled softly. She rested their foreheads together.

Willow swung her arms around Tara’s neck.

“I love you so much.”

Their noses brushed and they spent a whole minute in that calm silence.

“Let’s do one of the meditations we brought back from India before we go,” Tara suggested.

“Centers can be grounded,” Willow agreed with a weak but sincere smile.

Tara offered her hand and without hesitation, Willow took it.

Not too far away, in Revello Drive, Dawn followed Buffy around the kitchen like a little lost kitten.

“What is a CAT scan exactly?”

“I don't know. It's some… x-ray, I guess,” Buffy dismissed as she somehow tried to lose her sister around the island.

But Dawn was not to be deterred.

“Where do they get the CAT scan from? I mean, do they test it on cats or… or does the machine sort of look like a cat?”

Buffy’s body tightened with tension.

“Dawn, I'm really…” she paused to take in a breath, and thankfully, in that second, the doorbell rang, “There’s Willow and Tara. Be cool, okay.”

“I’m cool,” Dawn scoffed at any suggestion to the opposite, “I wish they’d teach me some of the things they do together.”

Buffy spun around to Dawn with wide eyes, who crossed her arms over her chest petulantly.

“Why does everybody look at me like that when I say that? I just want to know about meditation and stuff. Willow told me Tara taught her how to do it.”

“I bet she did,” Buffy replied under her breath and marched forward toward the door to open it, “Willow. Tara. Hi.”

She hugged both gently. Dawn was quick to intercede.

“Do you know what an x-ray is?”

“X-rays are a type of radiation called electromagnetic waves. X-ray imaging creates pictures of the inside of your body,” Willow rattled off knowledgeably.

Dawn lifted herself onto the tips of her toes; eager for knowledge.

“What about a cat scan? Do they test it on cats?”

“They use cats running on those little wheels to power it,” Tara supplied sagely.

Dawn’s eyes lit up, then narrowed skeptically.

“How do they fit on hamster wheels?”

“They’re half cats,” Tara nodded importantly, “The front of a cat.”

Dawn’s body lurched upward again with anticipation.

“Will you teach me the stuff you and Willow do?”

Tara’s eyes widened.

“Um…”

“She means meditation,” Buffy jumped in helpfully.

Dawn rolled her eyes.

“Duh, what else would I mean?”

Tara’s cheeks blushed.

“Willow and I actually just did a meditation.”

“TMI,” Buffy whispered under her breath.

“No, we really did,” Willow replied through a laugh and placed her hand on Buffy’s arm, “It’s helpful. You wanna try it?”

Tara, taking quick heed of the situation and the disdainful looks passing between Buffy and Dawn, put her hands on Dawn’s shoulders.

“Why don’t I take Dawn to do one and you take Buffy.”

“That sounds like a good idea,” Willow nodded quickly and smiled affectionately at Tara.

She reached for a hand and mouthed ‘I love you’. Tara smiled and squeezed back.

Willow and Buffy went upstairs to Buffy’s room while Tara and Dawn lay claim to the living room. They pushed back the couches and the coffee table between them and used the rug underneath as their mat.

“Am I sitting right?” Dawn inquired unsurely as she rocked from side to side while cross-legged.

“Are you comfortable?” Tara asked as she sat back on her heels after resting her phone by the couch to play the music.

Dawn did one more experimental rock, then nodded.

“Then you’re set,” Tara smiled and moved to sit with her legs curled to one side, “First close your eyes. Be comfortable with your breath. And find your core. Your source of strength. Your source of peace.”

Upstairs, with minutes ticking by in relative silence, Willow bumped Buffy’s knee with her knee as they sat cross-legged directly in front of each other on the bed.

“Are you feeling inner peace yet?”

Buffy frowned.

“I’m feeling inner-something but I think it might be my breakfast burrito.”

Willow giggled and opened her eyes.

“Okay, it’s not for everyone.”

“No, it was good,” Buffy replied thoughtfully, “Nice to…not think for a moment. Definitely better than overthinking.”

Willow put her hand on Buffy’s knee. Buffy arched an eyebrow.

“Uh, I’m not sure how your meditation normally goes, Will…”

Willow slapped Buffy’s knee.

“Haha. I am showing concern. Friendly concern,” she rolled her eyes, which softened, “But really, Buff. I know everything is…a lot right now. I’m here. I promise. I’ll be your lifeline tonight. And as long as you need me.”

Buffy smiled and they leaned in to embrace.

When they parted, Willow peeled her legs out from under her.

“Now I have to stand up because my legs are killing me.”

“Long walk over?” Buffy asked innocently.

Willow blushed.

“Let’s go with that.”

Downstairs, Dawn cracked an eye open and couldn’t help but notice how serene Tara looked up, leaning back against the couch with her eyes closed and her breath coming in steady and even.

She tried to replicate the look but couldn’t quite seem to look so utterly at one with herself and the ground beneath her.

“Tara?” she asked quietly after a long moment of contemplation.

“Yeah?” Tara breathed back softly.

Dawn waited for a beat.

“Is it over?”

“It’s over when you want it to be over,” Tara replied and Dawn narrowed her eyes because she couldn’t even see Tara’s mouth moving.

She let her arms drop and decided she felt lighter.

“I think it worked.”

Tara calmly opened her eyes.

“Yeah?”

Dawn nodded definitively.

“I feel like my true self is a source of peace and joy.”

Tara smiled crookedly.

“That’s good,” she answered and let her arm reach out to turn the music off.

She sat back with Dawn and smiled at her.

Dawn smiled back, but it faltered and Tara could see her suddenly remembering all that was happening.

Frowning at having lost control of the situation, she held her hand out.

“Do you wanna thumb-wrestle?”

Dawn nodded quickly and hooked her hand into Tara’s hand.

Somewhere during Game 3 of Tournament 6 of the inaugural Thumb Wrestling Olympics (Summer Edition), Buffy came down the stairs with a furrowed brow.

“Uh, Tara. We have a…situation.”

Tara’s head shot to Buffy with concern and she jumped up to follow Buffy back upstairs; Dawn at their heels.

Upstairs, the scene was not as Tara had expected, if she expected anything at all.

Willow was curled up on the bed, holding a pillow, fast asleep. She let out little snores every so often, the kind of peaceful, deep snores that usually only occurred when Tara had been, well, extra attentive.

She cast her eyes over to Buffy unsurely for a moment, then shook her head and put one knee on the bed next to Willow.

Buffy came over, nervously nibbling on her nail.

“She said she strained her calf last night.”

“Yes. During a…” Tara paused and blushed, “Meditation.”

Buffy cleared her throat.

“Right,” Buffy nodded quickly, “So I gave her one of my Mom’s pain pills but…”

She trailed off lamely.

“I think they’re a little strong.”

“Yeah, I would imagine so,” Tara could only smile softly and shake her head, “Silly Willow.”

She stroked Willow’s hair and casually checked her pulse, but it was fine, as was her breathing.

In the doorway, Dawn got sick of being ignored and crossed her arms over her chest.

“I’m going to Melinda’s for dinner.”

Buffy spun around, frowning.

“No, you’re not. Melinda's a bad influence. I don't like you hanging out with someone that…short.”

If Dawn’s eyes rolled any harder, they would have fallen out of her head.

“I am so glad you're moving back into the house. This is the source of my gladness.”

She turned on her heels and stormed off. Buffy went to the doorway and called after her.

“Don’t be home late!”

Moments later the front door banged and Buffy slumped.

With Willow’s head now in her lap, Tara called over softly.

“Something tells me that stature isn’t really on your list of concerns.”

Buffy looked up, surprised, and Tara retreated, body-language wise.

“S-Sorry, I didn’t mean to overstep.”

Buffy hesitated, then came over to the bed and sat back against the headboard, holding a pillow to her chest.

“Guess I just feel…extra protective of her lately.”

Tara nodded.

“Understandable.”

There was a beat.

“Plus I don’t want to be alone,” Buffy looked up vulnerably, “When they call.”

“You won’t be,” Tara promised with her words and her eyes.

Buffy searched Tara for a moment, then smiled, sincerely.

“Sometimes I actually wish I could go back to being woken up at the crack of dawn by her watching cartoons. That’s what my Mom called it — The Crack Of Dawn.”

She smiled fondly but it faltered.

Wanting to go back to their original purpose for being here, distraction, Tara stroked Willow’s hair.

“Willow still loves cartoons. Watch this,” she curled Willow’s hair behind her ear and leaned down to sing softly, “Heroes in a half shell…”

“Turtle power,” Willow mumbled, though clearly.

Buffy’s eyes widened with glee.

“Does it work with anything?”

“Try it,” Tara encouraged deviously.

Buffy’s lips pursed as she thought.

“Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?”

“Spongebob Squarepants,” Willow intoned perfectly if a little under her breath.

Buffy bounced on the spot, giddy.

“This is primo make-fun-of material.”

Tara’s brow creased pleadingly.

“Please don’t tell Anya. She can handle ribbing from you and Xander but for some reason, Anya enrages her.”

“Anya enrages everybody,” Buffy deduced with a nod.

“Not me,” Tara replied softly, then tried to explain off Buffy’s look, “She means well.”

“She did bring a casserole by earlier,” Buffy mused thoughtfully, “It was completely inedible but genuine.”

Tara’s lips quirked up on one side as she looked down at Willow.

“They don’t even realize how alike they are.”

Buffy clapped a hand over her mouth to hide her laugh.

“Something tells me you’d be sleeping alone for a while if she heard you say that.”

“Our secret?” Tara requested.

“Sure,” Buffy agreed with an easy smile, the paused, “Your Mom is a nurse, right?”

Tara nodded quietly.

“She is.”

Buffy rolled a hand around.

“What does she think about all this…stuff?”

Tara considered her words carefully.

“She’s glad your mom is getting checked out. And that she’s getting good care,” she replied honestly, then met Buffy’s gaze, “A-and I think that Willow and I will be there for you. No matter what.”

Just then Willow woke herself up in a snore. Upon finding herself gazing up at Tara’s body, she did what she would always do when her brain put her in such a situation.

She pawed at Tara’s breast.

Tara was quick to push her off.

“Willow!”

Willow suddenly shot up like she was struck by lightning.

“Not-dreaming, brain!”

She spun the other side and went crimson upon seeing her friend.

“Whoops. Hi Buff.”

“Hi, Will,” Buffy returned with a smirk.

Willow just blushed further and rubbed her eyes with her hands.

“Why do I feel so loosey-goosey?”

“Hard drugs,” Buffy answered seriously, “We’re here to stage an intervention.”

“You know you can’t take anything stronger than Tylenol, baby,” Tara said, stroking Willow’s back.

“I thought it was Tylenol,” Willow defended.

Buffy held a hand up.

“My bad. Aren’t all painkillers Tylenol? Doesn’t that just mean…painkiller?”

Tara shook her head and Willow scoffed.

“Buffy. You roofied me!”

Under her breath, Buffy whistled.

“Pepper-Ann, Pepper-Ann, much too cool for seventh grade…”

“Catch her if you can, Pepper-Ann!” Willow sang along, then furrowed her brow when the others laughed, “What are you two laughing at?”

Tara reached out and used her fingers to force Willow to make a fish-face.

“Your sleepy face.”

Willow blushed and leaned in to kiss Tara’s smiled.

After several long moments, Buffy cleared her throat.

“Ahem.”

Willow pulled away.

“Sorry,” she said, smiling as she rested her head on Tara’s shoulder, “Not really though.”

Buffy looked at them and smiled; thinking how much it took for Willow to get to be so openly affectionate like this. She liked it, even if she didn’t want to watch too much of it.

Mostly because it made her jealous for her own smoochie partner.

As if on the same wavelength, Willow poked Buffy’s knee.

“How come we still haven’t met the military man?”

Buffy slumped.

“Military man is military…gone.”

Willow sat up again and exchanged concerned looks with Tara.

“What?! What happened? Why didn’t you say anything?”

“Been a thing and a half going on elsewhere in my life,” Buffy rolled her eyes and sighed, “Sunnydale life just wasn’t cutting it for him anymore. I wasn’t…cutting it. He rejoined active service and skadoodled. Guess that’s what guys have to do now to get rid of me.”

“I’m so sorry,” Tara offered sincerely.

“I’m sorry, Buffy,” Willow added and leaned over to hug her friend.

“No big. Really,” Buffy waved a hand and shrugged, “He’s just some guy.”

“Even some guy is a guy when he’s your guy,” Willow said as she pulled away from the embrace, “You deserve better. You deserve real love.”

Buffy shook her head.

“I don’t think I could recognize it even if it slapped me in the face.”

Willow offered a sidelong smile to Tara.

“I can kiss Tara again if it would help you.”

“Give Xander that offer and he’ll owe you for life,” Buffy joked and they all laughed and cringed at the same time.

Amid the laughing, the shrill tone of Buffy’s phone pierced through the energy in the room.

Buffy looked down at the number and back up at her friends.

“It’s the hospital.”

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - July 6th 20
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:17 am 

Dibs! :whip
Wonderful use of two of the greatest interactions between Willow and Tara from canon ("strong like an Amazon" and "This is the room where you don't have to be brave.")

Quote:
“But really, Buff. I know everything is…a lot right now. I’m here. I promise. I’ll be your lifeline tonight. And as long as you need me.”

Quote:
“Plus I don’t want to be alone,” Buffy looked up vulnerably, “When they call.”

“You won’t be,” Tara promised with her words and her eyes.

Quote:
“A-and I think that Willow and I will be there for you. No matter what.”

Yay for Willow and Tara being there for Buffy.

Quote:
“Now I have to stand up because my legs are killing me.”

“Long walk over?” Buffy asked innocently.

Willow blushed.

“Let’s go with that.”

Quote:
“She said she strained her calf last night.”

“Yes. During a…” Tara paused and blushed, “Meditation.”

Buffy cleared her throat.

:lol Very funny, especially with Tara using "meditation" as the synonyme for sex Buffy thought it was from the start.

Quote:
Wanting to go back to their original purpose for being here, distraction, Tara stroked Willow’s hair.

“Willow still loves cartoons. Watch this,” she curled Willow’s hair behind her ear and leaned down to sing softly, “Heroes in a half shell…”

“Turtle power,” Willow mumbled, though clearly.

Buffy’s eyes widened with glee.

“Does it work with anything?”

“Try it,” Tara encouraged deviously.

Buffy’s lips pursed as she thought.

“Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?”

“Spongebob Squarepants,” Willow intoned perfectly if a little under her breath.

Buffy bounced on the spot, giddy.

“This is primo make-fun-of material.”

:laugh Also funny (although a teeny bit mean of Tara to show Buffy this way to kind of manipulate Willow in her sleep. I'm glad she asked Buffy not to tell Anya about that afterwards).

Quote:
“They don’t even realize how alike they are.”

Buffy clapped a hand over her mouth to hide her laugh.

“Something tells me you’d be sleeping alone for a while if she heard you say that.”

“Our secret?” Tara requested.

“Sure,” Buffy agreed with an easy smile,

Oh boy, I fervently hope that Willow will never find out that Tara thinks that because she would be tremendously hurt by it - as would I be in her place, not getting how Tara comes to this comparison between the adorable girl she loves and Anya with her "socially challenged" behaviour... Granted, Anya can be "nice", too - but normally she hides it very well.

Quote:
Just then Willow woke herself up in a snore. Upon finding herself gazing up at Tara’s body, she did what she would always do when her brain put her in such a situation.

She pawed at Tara’s breast.

Tara was quick to push her off.

“Willow!”

Willow suddenly shot up like she was struck by lightning.

“Not-dreaming, brain!”

She spun the other side and went crimson upon seeing her friend.

“Whoops. Hi Buff.”

:rofl That really becomes a reflex for Willow: "if in bed and in reach of Tara's boobies, grab one!"

Quote:
“You deserve better. You deserve real love.”

Buffy shook her head.

“I don’t think I could recognize it even if it slapped me in the face.”

Willow offered a sidelong smile to Tara.

“I can kiss Tara again if it would help you.”

“Give Xander that offer and he’ll owe you for life,” Buffy joked and they all laughed and cringed at the same time.

:laugh

The cliffhanger ending isn't as bad as it could be because we know for sure that Joyce will be alive and well in 10 years. Still I'm curious about the result and what kinds of treatment Joyce will have to go through.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:08 am 
5. Willowhand

Loving this story so far, I love how you interweave things from the original show into your narratives. I hope Joyce'll be okay!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:13 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh I was worried when I saw the dialogue from The Body, but it sounds like Joyce is hopefully going to be ok.

I love how comfortable willow is with Tara in front of Buffy, she has come so far! (And has a boob track mind) :p

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Will's redemption

Quote:
Dibs! :whip

:banana

Quote:
Wonderful use of two of the greatest interactions between Willow and Tara from canon ("strong like an Amazon" and "This is the room where you don't have to be brave.")

Thanks! Two of my faves.

Quote:
Yay for Willow and Tara being there for Buffy.

Important friendship goals!

Quote:
:lol Very funny, especially with Tara using "meditation" as the synonyme for sex Buffy thought it was from the start.

Quote:
:laugh Also funny (although a teeny bit mean of Tara to show Buffy this way to kind of manipulate Willow in her sleep. I'm glad she asked Buffy not to tell Anya about that afterwards).

'Manipulate' is perhaps a strong word. It's akin to teasing her about snoring.

Quote:
Oh boy, I fervently hope that Willow will never find out that Tara thinks that because she would be tremendously hurt by it - as would I be in her place, not getting how Tara comes to this comparison between the adorable girl she loves and Anya with her "socially challenged" behaviour... Granted, Anya can be "nice", too - but normally she hides it very well.

You don't think they're alike? In good and bad ways. Stubborn, indignant, loyal, possessive, wants to be loved. Tara wouldn't be friends with Anya if she didn't see her good traits and how they compared to Willow.

Quote:
:rofl That really becomes a reflex for Willow: "if in bed and in reach of Tara's boobies, grab one!"

It's a pretty good reflex!

Quote:

The cliffhanger ending isn't as bad as it could be because we know for sure that Joyce will be alive and well in 10 years. Still I'm curious about the result and what kinds of treatment Joyce will have to go through.

Joyce will be well, don't worry about that :)

leftindust

Quote:
Loving this story so far, I love how you interweave things from the original show into your narratives.

Thanks so much, it's one of my favorite things to do!

Quote:
I hope Joyce'll be okay!

Remember, she's alive and well in 10 years so don't worry too much :)

Thanks for commenting!

shirrey

Quote:
Oh I was worried when I saw the dialogue from The Body, but it sounds like Joyce is hopefully going to be ok.

She definitely is!

Quote:
I love how comfortable willow is with Tara in front of Buffy, she has come so far! (And has a boob track mind)

She has! (and she wouldn't be her if she didn't :D )

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Joyce’s Welcome Home Party

She's Strong, Pushes On, Can't Slow Her Down
She Can Take Anything Life Dishes Out

“Tara, higher. Higher! Yes. Right there.”

Tara used every inch of her height to try and reach the spot over the doorway that her mother wanted her to hang the banner, but physics was winning. Getting it stuck onto the wall just before she toppled over the stepladder and became the second person arriving home from the hospital that day, she quickly climbed down.

“Mom, I really don’t think Mrs. Summers will care if the positioning is off by a half-inch.”

Kimberly put her hands on her hips.

“Did I teach you to ever half-ass a job?”

“I might only have half an ass if I fell off that thing,” Tara countered.

Kimberly lifted her hand and pointed her finger.

“Don’t swear in front of me.”

“Seriously?” Tara arched an eyebrow.

“That traveling made you so sassy,” Kimberly shook her head, “And I would just like things to be perfect, okay? She has been through an ordeal.”

A smile bloomed on her face.

“And kicked it in the a—butt,” she looked pointedly at Tara, “She’s coming home with that tumor in some medical waste facility and out of that brain of hers. That is worth celebrating and celebrating well.”

Tara exhaled softly, then called out so she would be heard on the other side of the house.

“Willow!”

Willow came speeding out from blowing balloons, red-faced and grinning.

“You’re sexy when you yell my name like that,” she pressed herself into Tara’s side before she noticed Kimberly standing there and let out a squeak, “Sorry.”

Tara put a hand behind the two women’s backs and pushed them together.

“You two are a match made in perfectionist heaven today. I’m going to help Dawn ice the cookies.”

It took a couple of hours to pull everything together; to get the table set with the foods Kimberly stayed up all night making so it wouldn’t appear anything like a potluck; to get those ‘welcome home’ streamers just so; to keep refilling the punch bowl that kept dipping in levels once Xander showed up.

“He does know there’s not even any alcohol in it, right?” Jeff whispered to Kimberly as he lit some incense sticks he brought from the store.

Kimberly watched Xander not-so-inconspicuously sneak away from the punch bowl.

“Let him have the thrill.”

She kissed Jeff’s cheek and rubbed his arm as she departed again to refill the bowl.

“She’s here!” the call came from Buffy peeking out through the curtains.

Everyone gathered in the living room, facing the doorway. Joyce’s colleagues were there, friends and acquaintances, as well pals of Dawn. Everyone who knew of and was pleased to see Joyce come out of her surgery tumor-free had shown up.

Brian made an elaborate show of putting the key in the door, thinking he was giving a warning to those waiting inside.

Finally, it opened and Joyce was pushed through on her wheelchair.

“Welcome home!” the crowd cheered and to her credit, Joyce pretended like it was a surprise.

Brian closed the door and leaned down to Joyce’s ear.

“I told them you might only be up for an hour or so.”

Joyce waved a hand.

“Oh, stop fussing. I’m fine.”

She looked around the room with smiles for everyone, then stopped at an unexpected person.

“Rupert,” she said, holding her arms out, “I thought you weren’t coming until the end of the summer.”

Giles took a step forward and leaned down to embrace her.

“When I heard the news, I changed my plans. Olivia will follow me as scheduled,” he replied with a fond smile, “So thrilled to see you back ruling your roost again.”

Joyce gave a wry smile.

“With a foam fist, it feels like, sometimes.”

“Nonsense,” Giles dismissed and straightened up to offer his hand, “Mr. Cox, I take it.”

“Rupert,” Brian greet cordially.

From the opposite corner, Willow sipped a soda through a straw and leaned into Buffy.

“Do I imagine a stand-off going on over there or is it really happening?”

Buffy’s nose scrunched distastefully.

“I really don’t want to think about my former librarian and my mother’s boyfriend fighting over her.”

Willow frowned.

“I thought you liked Brian.”

“I like Giles too but there’s a line,” Buffy replied, shaking her head.

“Fair,” Willow nodded, “Besides, Giles has a girlfriend, I think.”

Up went Buffy’s nose again.

“Ew. People that old don’t have ‘girlfriends’.”

“Lady companion?” Willow offered.

Buffy looked alarmed.

“Even worse.”

Willow grinned.

“Woman mate.”

“Gross,” Buffy mimed throwing up.

They both laughed.

“What we laughing at over here?” Xander appeared, smiling sheepishly, “Hope it’s not me.”

Willow and Buffy pursed their lips and Xander frowned.

“Oh god, it was me wasn’t it?”

“No,” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Not even,” Willow agreed, “We’re talking about woman mates.”

“Is that a new brand of tampons?” Xander asked cluelessly, “Or, uh…pleasure device?”

The girls laughed again and shared grossed-out faces. Xander smirked.

“Okay, I’m pretty sure it was me this time, but I’ll take it.”

Some time into the party while most people were filling up on the potato salad, Tara was standing at the back of the room with her arms folded across her chest. Her eyes were heavily boring into Anya, who was standing opposite and gesticulating wildly.

“I just need an objective opinion!”

Tara closed her eyes and blinked heavily.

“I would really love to help you out b—”

Suddenly Tara found herself with unfamiliar hands grabbing her face and unfamiliar lips assaulting her mouth and a very unfamiliar feeling in her stomach to when she was usually kissed: revulsion.

It took a nanosecond to push her off.

“Hey!”

Barely a moment later, there was a much louder voice.

“HEY!”

Buffy watched Willow fly across the room like a bat out of hell. She shook her head.

“This place is horny on main tonight,” she commented, then gave a sidelong look to her friend beside her, “Xander? Shouldn’t you be helping and/or questioning your girlfriend about why she's kissing our other friend?”

Xander shifted uncomfortably and looked sheepish.

“I just need a minute.”

Just as Willow reached Tara and Anya, Kimberly did too and tried to act as a cordon between them and the rest of the party.

“I don’t know what’s going on, but you need to take it outside.”

“Yeah, let’s take it outside,” Willow physically pushed Anya into the kitchen and toward the back door.

Tara followed quickly behind.

“Willow, calm down.”

Once out the door, Willow squared up to Anya.

“I’ve never punched anybody before in my life but I have so much ammunition built up, just come at me!”

Behind them, Buffy and Xander ran out.

“Just checking that I definitely didn’t just dream that,” Xander said in a bit of a daze.

Tara pulled Willow back, who was visibly seething.

“Take control of your girlfriend,” she spat at Xander.

“Bit parochial, Will,” Buffy muttered.

“I think you mean patriarchal,” Tara corrected gently, “But yes, honey, that was kind of misogynistic.”

Willow turned to Tara, bug-eyed.

“Seriously? You think you have a leg to stand on right now?”

“What did I do?” Tara clutched her chest, “I was just as surprised as you were. I said no.”

“You didn’t say no!” Anya retorted, clear confusion on her face, “You said you’d love to help!”

Tara held up a finger.

“There was a but,” she said and turned to Willow fully, “There was a but. BUT I can’t. Those were my next words. And my preceding words.”

Everyone stopped to take a breath. Anya looked embarrassed as she directed her gaze to the ground.

“I just needed one kiss.”

“Why?!” Willow asked, her fists still balled by her sides.

Anya made a vague gesture toward her boyfriend.

“Because Xander said I’m a lousy kisser!”

Xander frowned unsurely.

“Did I say something in my sleep again? Because the last time, I told you, I was dreaming about a black cat not—”

“Stop!” Tara held a hand up and huffed out a breath, “Anya, y-you need to explain yourself.”

Anya let out a dramatic sigh.

“Xander and I were watching porn—”

There was a pause for a collective groan but Anya didn’t let it deter her.

“—and Xander said the guy was clearly a bad kisser and that some people need to be told they’re a bad kisser and then looked at me. You know I’ve been working on taking a hint, well, hint well and truly taken!”

Everyone was silent.

“I, uh, was talking about myself,” Xander replied eventually, his eyes boring into the ground, “Faith was pretty clear with me after the whole virginity-taking thing. I was, uh, fishing for a compliment because I like to think my technique is improved.”

“Your technique is above adequate,” Anya replied sincerely, “In the mouth anyway. You could improve downstairs.”

She paused and looked up keenly.

“Maybe the lesbians—”

“NO!” Willow and Tara replied together.

Willow shook her head frantically and waved her fists in the air.

“So my girlfriend got sexually assaulted for nothing.”

“That’s not what I did,” Anya defended, then looked to Tara unsurely, “Right?”

Tara returned the gaze with hurt in her eyes.

“If you saw a man do that to me, what would you think?”

“That he should have his balls twisted off,” Anya replied automatically and realization suddenly dawned on her face, “I’m sorry Tara.”

“Can we call this a calamity of misunderstanding?” Xander replied, hopefully bouncing on his toes.

“Anya, what you did was really not okay,” Buffy cut in.

“Buffy’s mom is just out of the hospital, Ahn,” Xander added.

“And, uh, hello, Tara’s entire mouth was violated,” Willow gestured at her girlfriend, and upon seeing the vulnerable look on her face all her anger dissipated, “Are you okay, baby?”

She opened her arms and Tara stepped into them.

“Yes,” she reassured softly and turned her head out to look back at Anya, “But I do feel violated. I know you didn’t understand that Anya, but I need you to understand that now.”

“I’m sorry,” Anya repeated, unusually contrite.

There was silence and Xander shuffled forward.

“Buff, would you mind if we got out of here?”

“No,” Tara shook her head, “No, we should stay. I’m okay.”

“I’ll go,” Anya mumbled, her hands stuffed into her pockets, “I need some time alone to think.”

She left and Xander started to go after her.

“I’m sorry, Tara. I better go after her.”

Tara tugged Xander’s arm back.

“Give her what she asked for.”

Xander looked at Tara and when he looked back, Anya was out of sight, which Xander took as a sign.

Before anyone could say anything else, the back door suddenly flapped open and Dawn skidded over to take Tara’s hand.

“Tara will come read my friends’ palms?!”

Willow started to put her hand on Dawn’s to take it away.

“Oh, Dawnie—”

“It’s okay,” Tara held a hand up and smiled demurely as she was led away, “Sure, Dawn. But they know I only do it for fun, right? I-I’m not a professional or anything?”

The three were left standing in a circle, avoiding eye contact.

“Well, this is our second most awkward moment after Cordelia belittling us into a reunion at prom,” Xander quipped.

Willow looked up sharply.

“How can you date her? I just don’t get it.”

Xander’s eyes were soft and pleading.

“I love her, Will. Even when I tried really hard not to.”

Willow swallowed at that.

“Everyone makes mistakes,” Buffy added.

Willow had another reason to gulp. She looked down and counted to three in her head.

“I’m still really mad,” she said when she looked up again, “But I’ll try to be less open with my hostility, okay?”

Xander beamed and threw his arms around Willow. After a moment, they both opened it to pull Buffy in.

“We’re so happy your Mom is going to be okay, Buff.”

“So happy,” Willow concurred, “Why don’t we go celebrate with cookies?”

There were smiles of agreement and everyone headed back inside a lot brighter than leaving. At the cookie plate, Buffy picked up two same-sized but very differently decorated cookies.

“Why do half of these look like they came out of MOMA and the other half from the Pre-K class in Old MacDonald's Montessori?”

“I think I know why,” Willow smiled over at her girlfriend across the room, entertaining a bunch of tweens.

When it was time to go, Tara gave Joyce a gentle hug.

“I’m so glad you’re getting better, Mrs. Summers.”

“And I’m so pleased to finally get to know you, Tara after all of your mother's good words,” Joyce returned kindly, “Thanks for taking care of my girls.”

“Oh, I—” Tara started to protest, then just smiled, “Thanks for taking care of my Mom.”

Joyce winked knowingly and gave a just-as-enthusiastic hug to Willow, despite her tiredness beginning to show.

“Oh Willow,” she said, gripping both of Willow’s hands, “You’re a wonderful person. And I think you finally see that.”

Willow glanced over at Tara, who was glancing slyly back.

“In moments,” she agreed with a smile, “We’ll see you soon.”

She followed Tara out the door, who had left Jeff and Kimberly behind to go off to get a drink. Tara looked surprised to see her follow.

“I thought you were staying with Buffy tonight.”

Willow shook her head.

“They need some family time,” she said, their fingers brushing together with their hands by their sides, “And I need some family time.”

“Did your parents get h—” Tara started to ask, then felt Willow’s hand press into hers and understood that she was family, “Oh.”

She smiled softly. Willow squeezed.

“Do you need to talk about earlier? I promise to rein in any and all selfish or self-righteous anger.”

Tara was quiet for a long moment.

“I don’t think she’s ever had a friend before.”

Willow frowned.

“Huh?”

“I don’t think she’s ever had a friend,” Tara repeated softly.

Willow had to mull that over for a second.

“As long as you’re okay,” she said finally.

Tara nodded once.

“I’m okay…Mrs. Summers is okay…everything is okay.”

Willow looked at Tara and relished she had something to invoke that feeling in her; that one of absolute safety and home.

“Everything is okay.”

She smiled at Tara dreamily.

That girl’s a drink unto my soul.

“Let's go home.”

Post subject: Re: Infinitely (Sequel to Inevitable) [Ongoing - July 13th 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:09 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
So cool to come back to the board and find that you are continuing the story. Looking forward to reading more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:17 pm 
5. Willowhand

Oh man. It's definitely the kind of thing I can see Anya misunderstanding but damn, that's hard. Poor thing to all of them.
Glad Joyce is on the up, though!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:05 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh Anya...

Glad the Joyce is better and everyone is there supporting each other

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:39 am 

Quote:
“And I would just like things to be perfect, okay? She has been through an ordeal.”

A smile bloomed on her face.

“And kicked it in the a—butt,” she looked pointedly at Tara, “She’s coming home with that tumor in some medical waste facility and out of that brain of hers. That is worth celebrating and celebrating well.”

Yay, I'm glad that Joyce beat the cancer!

The Anya kissing Tara against her will-situation was a mess, but you actually made me feel pity for Anya who didn't even realize that she did something wrong until Tara made the comparison:
Quote:
“If you saw a man do that to me, what would you think?”

I loved this little moment of comic relief:
Quote:
“Your technique is above adequate,” Anya replied sincerely, “In the mouth anyway. You could improve downstairs.”

She paused and looked up keenly.

“Maybe the lesbians—”

“NO!” Willow and Tara replied together.

I'm curious if you will ever reveal what kind of traumatic childhood or youth did form your Anya into such a peculiar, socially challenged personality (since in her case the reason can't be that she is a woman from the middle ages who existed as a vengeance demon for the last 1000 years).

Quote:
“Are you okay, baby?”

She opened her arms and Tara stepped into them.

“Yes,” she reassured softly and turned her head out to look back at Anya, “But I do feel violated. I know you didn’t understand that Anya, but I need you to understand that now.”

“I’m sorry,” Anya repeated, unusually contrite.

I'm glad that Anya understands and really feels sorry.

Quote:
“I’ll go,” Anya mumbled, her hands stuffed into her pockets, “I need some time alone to think.”

She left and Xander started to go after her.

“I’m sorry, Tara. I better go after her.”

Tara tugged Xander’s arm back.

“Give her what she asked for.”

Xander looked at Tara and when he looked back, Anya was out of sight, which Xander took as a sign.

I have hope that Anya can thrive from her friendship with Tara.

Quote:
When it was time to go, Tara gave Joyce a gentle hug.

“I’m so glad you’re getting better, Mrs. Summers.”

“And I’m so pleased to finally get to know you, Tara after all of your mother's good words,” Joyce returned kindly, “Thanks for taking care of my girls.”

“Oh, I—” Tara started to protest, then just smiled, “Thanks for taking care of my Mom.”

Joyce winked knowingly and gave a just-as-enthusiastic hug to Willow, despite her tiredness beginning to show.

“Oh Willow,” she said, gripping both of Willow’s hands, “You’re a wonderful person. And I think you finally see that.”

Willow glanced over at Tara, who was glancing slyly back.

“In moments,” she agreed with a smile, “We’ll see you soon.”

I love this interaction, reminding us that Willow not only had Kimberly but Joyce as well as kind of surrogate mothers while growing up.

Quote:
She followed Tara out the door, who had left Jeff and Kimberly behind to go off to get a drink. Tara looked surprised to see her follow.

“I thought you were staying with Buffy tonight.”

Willow shook her head.

“They need some family time,” she said, their fingers brushing together with their hands by their sides, “And I need some family time.”

“Did your parents get h—” Tara started to ask, then felt Willow’s hand press into hers and understood that she was family, “Oh.”

Awwww! :flower

Quote:
“Do you need to talk about earlier? I promise to rein in any and all selfish or self-righteous anger.”

Tara was quiet for a long moment.

“I don’t think she’s ever had a friend before.”

Willow frowned.

“Huh?”

“I don’t think she’s ever had a friend,” Tara repeated softly.

That is so Tara, worrying and caring for the people close to her more than for herself.

Quote:
Willow looked at Tara and relished she had something to invoke that feeling in her; that one of absolute safety and home.

“Everything is okay.”

She smiled at Tara dreamily.

That girl’s a drink unto my soul.

“Let's go home.”

Awww ²! :flower
Is the sentence in italics a (translated) quote from the Tora? It sounds like some religious quote to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next