The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Short Story - Less Than Perfect
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:38 am 
Okay, I had to write a 7-10 page story for my creative writing class, and I got it done about a week ago. I’m at school right now, and I’m handing it in in just about a half hour…..I figured I’d post it just to see what you guys thought about it. I hope it uploads fine, I'm just copying it from word....

I used a couple lines from Buffy…..lol…. And Karen wrote the poems for me. Anyway, I hope its like-able…..go easy on me, Im young....

Oh, and it's loosely based on Romeo and Juliet, you'll be able to tell when you see the names...lol....but the ending is a little different...ok, I'm done talkin:grin

--------------------------

Less Than Perfect

It was Julie’s junior year in high school when she met Romy. Romy was the only senior in her English class. Julie, a tall red head, spotted Romy right away. Beautiful was the first word that popped into her head. Julie figured Romy had to be new, she had never seen her before, which was an odd occurrence at the small High School. Someone like Romy would definitely stand out. She was slightly shorter than Julie; her hair was blonde, and cut short. Her clothes were anything but normal. Definitely a rebel or non-conformist. This is probably what caught Julie’s attention.

Although Julie saw the blonde beauty in the beginning of the year, their first meeting did not occur until they were paired up for an assignment in class. A group project with teacher chosen partners…what could be worse? Soon, Julie realized just how many things could be.

“Hey, Julie, wait up,” Romy caught up to the red head packing up her schoolwork after the bell rang. It was the last class of the day, which usually meant Julie would go home and finish up her homework for Monday before the weekend could barely commence. Julie turned to Romy, “What are you doing tonight?” Julie shrugged as they started to walk towards the classroom door.

“Not much I guess. My life isn’t all that exciting.”

“Well,” continued Romy, “I didn’t know if you wanted to hang out. And we could start our research for the project.” This made Julie smile. Lost in the moment, Julie didn’t notice Romy had dropped a book until she heard the thud. She looked over and then down at the dropped item. Both girls bent down and reached for the book. When their fingers touched, they each felt a surge of energy pass through them, and they froze. Slowly, their gazes turned to one another. Silently, they shared an unexplained connection. After a moment of now awkward silence, Julie coughed and looked away. Romy muttered a barely audible thank you under her breath. In unison, they stood up and looked away from one another, trying to act as normal as possible.

“So, um…” Romy tried to speak while ignoring the electricity she had felt at the touch of the other girl. “Do you think we could?” Julie shot her a wide-eyed, nervous look.

“Could what?!” Julie had, for a long time, tried to quell the attraction she had for other females. And when it came to Romy, that was especially difficult. Little did she know, Romy had the same thoughts, only she had accepted them.

Romy chuckled as she made herself clear. “Work on the project tonight, you doofus.”

Julie blushed a shade of red making her look oddly like a tomato. “Oh, right” she thought for about a half of a second and almost too eagerly said, “Yes! That would be fine!”

“Awesome. Um, do you think I could just come over now? I mean, I have a car, I can drive you home and just stay for a while. If that’s okay.”

“Oh, yes, that would be fine, just fine. Finey McFine fine.” Julie had to blush at her little babble fest that had just occurred. “Um, pretend I didn’t say that” She looked at the ground and allowed her hair to hide her face as they continued to walk. Romy stopped her and put her hands on Julie’s shoulders. Slowly, Julie’s face emerged from the forest of bright red hair.

“First of all, I thought it was cute. Second of all, don’t hide your gorgeous face behind all that pretty hair.” She gave Julie a small half grin and moved some of Julie’s hair behind her ear. “Come on, let’s get to your place.”

Neither girl seemed to notice how they gravitated towards each other, or how their hands naturally became linked. They fit together perfectly, like they were meant to hold on to each other.

When they got to Julie’s house, the red head opened the door, allowing Romy to go in first.

“Such a gentleman.” Romy smirked. Julie blushed and grabbed the mail before entering her house and shutting the door behind her.

Romy noticed some things as she stood in the entryway of the very large house. The first thing she noticed, was how new it smelled. It seemed cold, lived in, but cold. There were hardly any pictures of family or friends on the wall and it smelled of carpet cleaner.

“Did you guys just move in here?” Romy inquired as she looked at Julie behind her. Julie was going through the mail, and putting each individual envelope in the slots in front of her. The mail slots on the entryway table read, “Mom” “Dad” and “Julie”

Julie looked up from what she was doing, “No, actually, we’ve lived here my whole life. My parents are just hardly ever around. They never had time to decorate it the way they want.” ‘And I’m too busy being the perfect daughter to do anything with it’ she thought but didn’t say out loud.

Julie gave Romy the grand tour of her house, stopping in the kitchen to grab some snacks; Capri Sun and strawberry pop tarts. Julie led her blonde friend upstairs to her room. When the door opened, Romy instantly smelled patchouli, her favorite scent of incense. She inhaled with a smile on her face and followed Julie into the room. In contrast to the rest of the house, Julie’s room had life.

‘She obviously spends a lot of time in here’ Romy thought. There were photographs all around the room, but they seemed more artsy than normal photos. There was a large bed, complete with a purple fluffy comforter. On one wall, there was a desk with a brand new computer. Romy instantly felt safe and comfortable here.

Romy sat down at the computer desk and watched Julie move around the room, putting little items back into their spot, and moving any clothes into her closet.

‘Might as well move in’ Julie thought with an internal chuckle before shutting the closet door. She looked over to Romy.

“Hey, we can use my laptop instead of the big computer. That way we can make ourselves all comfy like on the bed.” Romy raised an eyebrow at her friend, but decided to not tease Julie.

‘Just this once’ She thought with a smirk.

“So, we have to research Edna St. Vincent Millay, and give a report on Tuesday. But, we can do it on anything we want. So, you wanna just look up some poems and choose our favorites?” Romy smiled at the idea and nodded her head.

About an hour later, the girls had cramps in their necks and decided to take a break. Julie showed Romy her back yard, and they walked to the swing set.

“Do you have plans for the rest of the weekend?” Romy asked Julie who shook her head. “I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to just hang the whole time. I mean, my mom’s not home and I don’t feel like staying with my dad the whole time. He’s not the nicest guy.” A surge of anger and hurt flooded Julie’s senses as she thought about the possible ‘not nice’ things Romy’s dad could do.

“Did you just want to spend the night or something? The only other person who will be here is my little sister Janie. She can be a pest, but she’s kinda cool sometimes.”

“You don’t have any other friends you’d rather spend your weekend with?” Romy and Julie continued their slow swinging as they conversed.

“No, actually, most of my friends are…well…ok…never mind, I really have no friends.” Romy sensed something out of the ordinary, but she didn’t press the issue. She didn’t have to. “I had about 4 close friends, but we really aren’t talking. They betrayed me, and I got upset. And then they got upset that I was upset. And then I got upset that they got-” Romy stopped her friend by placing her hand over Julie’s mouth and giggling.

“I got the point Julie.” She removed her hand and they both chuckled. Romy felt the irrepressible desire to find whoever hurt her new friend and beat the hell out of them. “Hey, I’m gonna run to my house real fast and get some clothes if I’m stayin’ here. I’ll be right back though.” The girls smiled at each other.

“Okay.” Julie nodded and smiled, “I can make something to eat for when you get back.”

The girls said their good-byes and Romy left on her errand while Julie whipped up a fast dinner, never losing the smile on her face.

The weekend went without a hitch and the girls had a great time. Julie learned that Romy’s mom was the most important thing in her life, and that her dad…wasn’t. Romy confided in Julie that she wished her mom had the strength to leave her father. Julie told Romy about her absentee parents, and how she was always expected to be the perfect child, even when they weren’t looking. Her little sister Janie made sure of that. Sometimes she could be a cool little sister, but other times she was the stereotypical rotten baby sister. And she played the role the best she could, the best anyone could.

The girls got an A+ on their presentation in class. The teacher seemed pleased with her decision about putting the girls in a group together. They were each very creative and very hard working. They balanced each other nicely.

As the weeks wore on, the girls got closer and closer in their friendship. Each weekend Romy spent at Julie’s. They never went over to Romy’s house; there was an unspoken agreement between the girls.

This particular weekend would change the girls’ lives forever. Romy was sprawled out on Julie’s bed flipping through the channels on the television while Julie went to the kitchen to make some pop corn.

Downstairs, the door opened and slammed shut as 15 year old Janie walked in with her friends Devon, Megan, and Michelle. They all went straight to Janie’s room, never even speaking a word to Julie. This didn’t bother the red head much. She would just prefer to get up to her room to her waiting friend.

But the more Julie thought about it, the more she wondered if Romy had the same feelings for her as she did for the girl. She felt the connection right away. They both did. It was something neither girl had ever felt with anyone else before, or at all. There was a confidence, a bond, an everlasting friendship between the two girls. Both girls felt something more than friendship, but didn’t admit it to one another. It seemed inconceivable that it was a mutual feeling.

Romy didn’t find anything on TV to watch, so she shut it off and moved to the stereo. She popped in a c.d. and sat next to Julie’s bed. After a moment, she noticed something uncomfortable poking into her thigh. She pulled out the nuisance, which happened to be Julie’s writing notebook; full of poems and prose. Romy would never have opened the book to read what her dear friend had written, but it was open to a page already, just asking to be read. Romy read the poem, not noticing the doodles all over the page.

What is this I feel?

Feeling of warmth, comfort, and happiness;

All for one person, and it’s a girl.

Is this just a friendly feeling,

Or is it more, so much more?

Does she know?

Did she feel that spark?

What was that spark?

Lit me from the inside out.

I like her I really do,

But is it more than like.

Is it that other 4-letter word?

Am I in love with her?

Would she love me back?

Does it matter, is it love?

I think this is more than like.

Yes, I think this is more than like.

Romy traced her fingers over her friend’s words, wondering whom they were about. She wished they were for her.

‘Impossible’ she said to herself. As she was putting the notebook down, she noticed the hearts drawn around the page with initials in them; R.M. + J.C.

‘Hey,’ Romy noticed her initials right away, ’is she talkin about me in this poem? Does she mean my initials, or is it just coincidence?’ her thoughts were cut short as Julie walked back into the room with a bowl of fresh popcorn. Romy scrambled to get the notebook back under the bed and stood up to help her friend.

“So,” Julie started, “what movie do you want to watch first?” Romy just stood there staring at her friend. Julie got slightly paranoid. “What? Is there something on my face?” she asked as she rubbed her face clean of anything there could possibly be.

Romy shook her head and came out of her daze. “What? Oh! No! No, there’s nothing on your face.” She smiled as she looked at Julie’s perfect, gorgeous face.

“Well, then what is it?”

“Oh, it’s nothing, I just noticed something is all.”

“Care to share with those of us who are still in the land of confusion?” Romy chuckled and lay down on the bed to get comfortable.

“Naw, it’s nothing, really.” She tried to give Julie her best ‘I’m so telling you the truth’ face, hoping it would work. Julie raised her eyebrow, deciding to give her friend a break.

“Alright, I suppose I’ll let you off the hook. But just this once missy!” She smiled at her friend and held up some movies. “So, which do you want to watch first?”

At about one a.m. Romy woke up to find Julie still in a deep slumber. The red head was curled around Romy, talking in her sleep. Romy couldn’t quite hear her, but it sounded like Julie was talking about purple penguins attacking a pumpkin city. When Romy thought about this, she wanted to let out a bark of laughter. Her friend was just too quirky. Her thoughts soon drifted towards the poem from earlier. She desperately wanted to know if Julie did actually write that poem for her, and if those were her initials. Romy sighed and decided to get up to get a glass of water. She gently moved out of her friends vice grip and walked to the kitchen.

Downstairs, Romy stared out the window, thinking about what it would be like to have Julie as a girlfriend. Amazing was the word she instantly thought of. The very first day she saw her red headed friend in their English class, all she could think about was kissing her. That spark that passed through them when they both reached for the book that day, it was…magical. Romy’s eyes went wide as she recapped what she had just thought.

‘spark’ She thought back to Julie’s poem. “Did she feel that spark? What was that spark? Lit me from the inside out.” She whispered, remembering the lines from Julie’s poem. Romy practically ran upstairs, hoping her instincts were right. She jumped on the bed, in a not so graceful manner, which pulled Julie out of her ‘quirky’ dream filled slumber.

“Don’t kill me!” Julie yelled as she sat up quickly, forcing Romy to fly off the bed. “Oh my God, Romy!” She helped her friend up and apologized. “I am so so so sorry!” she blushed as Romy played with her hair.

“Don’t worry sweetie. I’m okay.” Romy decided it was now or never. She had to tell her friend how she felt. She just prayed she was right about Julie feeling the same. Slowly, Romy leaned forward until she was just a breath away from Julie’s lips. They had both begun to breathe a little heavier. Romy glanced up to look at her friend’s face for confirmation that she wasn’t over stepping any bounds. When she saw that Julie’s eyes were closed, and her mouth was slightly open, she figured that she had read her signs correctly. Romy closed the distance between herself and Julie, and placed a tentative kiss on the girl’s lips. When she pulled away, she heard a whimper from Julie, and leaned forward to give her a slightly longer kiss. When they pulled apart, their eyes stayed closed, and their chests heaved as they tried to fill their lungs with the much needed oxygen.

Romy was the first to come back to reality. She looked at the other girl with complete love and adoration. “I read that poem honey.” Julie’s eyes shot open, Romy’s words bringing her out of her reverie.

“What poem?” she looked nervous.

“When you went downstairs to get popcorn, I turned on some music, and sat on the floor by your bed. And something was poking my leg so I pulled it out and it was a notebook. I didn’t open it or anything, it was already at the page.” She tried to define the emotion she saw on Julie’s face, but she couldn’t quite pinpoint it. “I felt the spark too.” Julie smiled. “I saw the hearts with initials…were those our initials?” Julie blushed and looked down, effectively hiding her face behind a sheet of silk red. “Don’t do that.” Romy pleaded in a whisper. “Don’t hide from me. Please. I love your face, and I love the words you wrote.” Julie glanced up, and when Romy saw that she had her attention, she whispered, “And I love you, Julie. I love you.” Tears formed in Julie’s eyes from the other girl’s words. No one had ever really loved her before. Romy wiped away her tears, and hugged her friend. “Don’t cry sweetie.” Julie sniffed and tried to hold back the fresh wave of tears.

“Happy tears,” she whispered, “happy tears.”

From then on, the girls were even more inseparable. In private they were constantly showing their love for one another, but never in public. Living in a small town produced many gossips. And if one person found out about them, with in an hour, half the town would know about them. But as time wore on, the girls got sloppy about hiding their relationship. One day after school, Janie was walking to her room but stopped at Julie’s partially open door when she heard giggling. She peaked in through the cracks of the door, and what she saw disgusted her. Her sister was making out with Romy, that freak who just moved here this year.

“Gross!” she let out quite loud. This startled Romy and Julie who saw the younger girl standing there. She had pushed the door open more.

“Oh shit,” they both said in unison.

“Janie!” Julie yelled as her sister ran to her room. She chased after her little sister and went into her room. Romy remained on Julie’s bed, holding her head in her hands and silently sobbing. “Janie! Do NOT tell any one!”

“Eww! Like I would! I don’t want people to know I’m related to a disgusting dyke!” As much as it pained Julie to hear those words from her baby sister, she was actually quite relieved. It meant she and Romy wouldn’t have to worry about getting any grief at school from the other students.

About a week later, when Julie and Janie’s parents were actually home, the younger of the two daughters accidentally let loose the secret about her sister and her sister’s girlfriend during and argument. Janie was upset that Julie was allowed to always have Romy stay over on the weekends, and even some school nights, when she couldn’t even have her “very good, STRAIGHT friends” over. Those were the words the 15-year-old had used. It stopped their mom and dad dead in their tracks.

“What are you talking about Janie?” Their mother asked. Julie’s eyes went wide. Would her sister really betray her like this? She soon found out her answer.

Janie shrugged, ’aw screw it’ she thought, “Romy is a dyke! And Julie is a dyke!” every time her sister said that word, Julie would let loose a fresh new wave of tears. The word was like a knife to her heart, a scalding hot, razor sharp knife, in the hands of her baby sister. “I saw them makin out on Julie’s bed! But they told me I better not tell otherwise they were gonna torture me and spread rumors about me!” Julie gasped.

“Janie! We did not!” she looked to her mother for support. She could always count on her mom. Being the oldest and favorite daughter did have its advantages. But not this time.

“Julie,” her mother said in a monotone voice, “shut up. Just…shut up.” Ruth shot her eldest daughter a look that could make even the bravest of men wet their pants. Julie looked at her father, hoping to see some kind of remorse. It wasn’t there. “What is wrong with you guys!?” She started to sob and scream at her family, “Romy and I are in love! And who cares if we’re both girls!”

“God! And our friends and family!” her father barked back.

“I don’t care! They don’t love me anyway! And Romy does! Can’t you see that?!?! You two are always out of town! And my sister…” Julie turned to look at her sister, “My baby sister is growing up and you’re not even here to see it! To see the amazing woman she’s becoming! You weren’t even here when she won her spelling bee at school four years ago. And you weren’t here when she won the lead role in the school play! You are never here!” even though Janie had betrayed her, Julie would never lose that love or pride she held for her sister. Suddenly, Janie felt knives of guilt shoved into her chest; metaphorically of course. It amazed her that Julie would still defend her the way she did, even after what she had said.

“Julie!” her mother yelled, “What is your point?!”

“My point mother, is that I am raising my baby sister, and you have never once thanked me. I do love seeing ever accomplishment she’s had, but I want you to see it!” Julie’s tears flowed as she spoke. “And while I’m taking care of her, and doing my homework so I can be the ‘perfect’ daughter, I’m growing up too! I’m still discovering who I am! And you weren’t here to help me with it, so I figured it out on my own! No, not alone. With my girlfriend! So, guess what mother! I’m not the perfect daughter! Not in your eyes! And I never will be! I can’t be what you expect. I can only be what I expect, and that’s who I will be! You can’t tell me that! You can’t choose that!”

“That’s what you think.” Robert said quietly. It was spooky how calm he seemed when he spoke. “Go pack your things.” No one moved. “Now!” he yelled. It made everyone jump. Julie ran upstairs bawling. She slammed her door shut and threw her suitcase on the ground. She couldn’t see anything through the sheet of tears on her eyes, so she just grabbed what she could and threw it into her bag. She packed her laptop, and some books. When she was done, she called Romy. The phone rang twice before Julie heard the voice of heaven on the other line.

“Julie sweetie?” Romy could only hear quiet sobs on the other end. “Julie, what’s wrong?”

“My parents! They found out!” Julie started to cry again and she heard Romy mutter some obscenity.

“Are you okay? What did they say?”

“They’re sending me away!”

“What!? When!?”

Julie cried harder, “They had me pack up my stuff! I’m leaving soon! I’m so sorry! I love you so much, but they don’t get it! They said it’s not right!”

“Shh, baby, calm down, it’s okay. It’ll be okay” Romy’s voice sounded almost empty, like she was trying to comfort herself as well as Julie, if not more.

“I don’t know when I can see you again.”

“I’ll take care of it, it’s okay.” Julie heard feet running up the stairs and her sister charged into her room.

“Dad’s on his way up!” Janie warned her sister.

“Romy, my dad’s coming, I’m so sorry. I have to go. I love you.”

“I love you too sweetie. I’ll see you, I will. Trust me.”

“With my life.”

They hung up and Robert opened the door. “Julie, are you ready to go now?” He was calm.

‘Too calm’ Julie thought. She nodded and he walked out of the room, leaving the two sisters alone.

“Julie, I am so so sorry! I didn’t know they were going to take you away!” She hugged her sister with all her might. “I didn’t mean to hurt you! I swear! I’m so sorry!”

“Shh,” Julie hugged her sister back, “It’s okay squirt. I forgive you. But, I have to leave before they decide to ship me off to Peru. They never want me to see Romy again in my life.” She cried some more.

“They can’t stop you! I’ll give Romy the address once I get it, and I’ll let her know how you’re doing! I swear!” Julie didn’t tell her sister that she planned on calling Romy the second she got there, to give her all the information, and to plan an escape. He sister needed to feel helpful, so she’d let her.

“I know sweetie,” she kissed her sister’s head, “It’s okay. I have to go.” They hugged once more and Julie walked towards her hell.

In the car, Julie and her father did not speak. Finally Robert said something to his daughter.

“This is for your own good, Julie. I don’t want you anywhere near that, that girl.” He said it with such disgust, it made Julie furious.

“That girl is the girl I’m in love with! You can’t keep me away from her forever!”

“Well, I can try. She’s a minor and has no right doing anything without her parents consent.” Julie bit her tongue to not tell her father that Romy’s mother would do anything for her, and also, that Romy was 18 years old. He didn’t need to know that. They pulled up to the private school, and Julie climbed out of the car. She felt like a zombie. She practically was one. She knew she wouldn't be getting any sleep, and wouldn’t be able to eat well. She needed her girlfriend. It wasn’t long before Julie found out that the only phones to call outside the school were in the office and they had to connect the phone for the students. There was no hope of her calling Romy now. Her father had told the office attendants that they were not to be in contact. This new information made Julie want to break down and cry.

The first weekend Julie was there, she called home. She praised every God and Goddess that her parents were gone. Janie was home, and promised to relay a message to Romy for her sister. She swore to herself that she was going to make this up to her sister all that she could. When they hung up, Julie felt slightly relieved. She hoped her sister would actually come through for her.

One week later, it was proven to Julie that her sister kept her promise. She got a letter, the return address was her sister’s name, but Julie knew that handwriting. She tore open the letter and read every word slowly and carefully.

Dear sweet Julie,

I hope things are not too hard for you there. I have been in hell without you. I miss those late night talks, where we would just snuggle and talk about everything. You are the light in my life, I hope you know that. I won’t leave you. This won’t break us apart. Your parents are only worried. They have a right to be, they are your parents. I know they haven’t been there for a lot of your life, and I don’t know what it will take for them to see the beauty you possess. But I am here now, and I always will be.

Remember that first night we kissed? I read that poem you wrote; that beautiful sweet poem. I knew I felt something for you, I had known since that first time our fingers touched. But I didn’t know how much I cared for you until I read that poem. You have so much beauty inside, and I am so glad I am the one person in your life you trust enough to share it with. I decided that since you shared a part of yourself with me in that poem, I would give you something in return. It’s not as good as what you wrote about me, but I tried, I wrote this for you….

Our first night together,

It was as friends.

We talked and talked,

Knowing something was more.

Every weekend we spent together.

How much I loved that time.

It was what made me smile.

You made me smile.

If I told you I had a feeling,

Should we have waited all those weeks?

I am glad I waited,

You changed my life.

I wish I could be with you now,

I don’t know if I can live with out you.

Your poem I read, I felt it too.

The spark, that spark.

I love you Julie.

You know I love you.

I miss you Julie.

I can’t go through this life,

Not with out you.

Now you are gone,

Sent away.

Our love confused them,

Maybe even scared them.

I will be with you again,

For our love,

Always for our love,

Strength you give me

To fight for us.

When I think about us kissing,

When I know that you feel what I feel,

The sparks are not sparks anymore.

They are full-blown flames.

They light my way,

My way back to you,

My shining star in the blank sky.

My light at the end of the tunnel.

I just found you,

I’m not letting go so easy,

I’ll never give up so easy.

Some time soon I’ll see you again,

This I promise.

It’s time for me to go Julie. I will see you soon. This I promise. I love you with all I am, every inch of my heart and soul. Now, forever, and always, eternity times 10.

Love always,

Your Romy

Julie held the letter to her chest, and let a fresh new wave of tears flow. She needed her girlfriend, and she needed her now. That night, Julie once again cried herself to sleep, but she was reassured from Romy’s letter that everything would be okay. The next day, she woke up late. She had already missed her morning class, and half of the next class. After muttering some obscenities, Julie made her way towards the door to go to the bathroom down the hall. When she opened the door, her heart stopped. Standing there in front of her with a dozen red roses was Romy.

“Hi sweetheart. I told you I’d see you.” Julie jumped into her arms and gave her a huge bear hug. “Um, darling…Oxygen, becoming an issue.” Julie let go and kissed Romy square on the lips, not caring who saw. Maybe it’d get her kicked out. This brought a wry smile to Julie’s lips, quickly replaced by an even bigger smile as her girlfriend handed her the roses.

“Did you come to rescue me?”

“You bet I did.” Romy smiled, “Get your things.” Julie wasted no time. She gathered up the few items she had and then grabbed Romy’s hand as they ran out side to the car. Romy took her girlfriends things and put them in the back, opened Julie’s door and then ran to the other side of the car. She got in and they sat there in silence. In unison, they slowly turned their gazes to each other. Both girls mouthed at the same time, “I love you.” Romy started the car, held Julie’s hand and drove off into the sunset. Okay, they didn’t drive off into the sunset. It was still morning. But they did escape together. They didn’t know what they were going to do, or where they were going to go. All they knew was, they had each other.

THE END

I LOVE MY KARE-BEAR

Post subject: Re: New Short Story - Less Than Perfect
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:15 pm 
BABY... I love it, I love you and am very proud of you. I love you so much and i really did love this story even tho i got to read it before all you other kittens :p . I am so glad you posted this. I love you so so so much

:bigkiss :kiss :bigkiss :heart

I love you now and forever and a week

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:04 pm 
Hey Jayma! :bigwave

I liked this story a lot. I loved the angst of Julie being sent away from her love. Yikes... talk about stressful! Loved the end! Good job! :clap

-Mickie

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-Sophocles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:47 pm 
This is a great story. It made me cry and that's what great stories do to me. If they have sad parts, of course. Anyway, it's an awesome read.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:55 pm 
First of all, thank you Kare-bear:love , Mickie Mick:p , and RedVampire:grin

second of all....I got my grade back today on this and I got an A-...so...not too bad...anyway, thats about it :party

I LOVE MY KARE-BEAR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:30 pm 
Good job!!! :clap :clap :clap

*hugs*

-Mickie

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-Sophocles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:47 pm 
This is awesome. I love it. I think that if you wanted to expand it into something bigger, or make a series of stories you deffinately could. I love the two characters. They are very real and very realat-able to actual teenagers. I would suggest that you expand on this...because it's a great beginning to a story.:applause :pride

"Well, if you blew a hundred bucks, we'd better make it worth your while," Tara said dragging Willow back into the laundry room and closing the door.-Happily Ever After

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:30 am 
Thank you IBK...:grin I kinda felt like I could expand it, but since I wrote it for school, I didn't want to have my teacher reading forever, just so i could get my grade...lol... Also, it was already 8 pages long, the max was 10...I had to shrink my font down...hee

But yes, this is only the begining;) who knows if I can get the inspiration to write more to this...lol...I hope so

Thanks again

I LOVE MY KARE-BEAR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:18 pm 
You're welcome. But if you ever get any time revisit it. :)

"Well, if you blew a hundred bucks, we'd better make it worth your while," Tara said dragging Willow back into the laundry room and closing the door.-Happily Ever After

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:09 am 
hey jamya...I so loved that story, and I agree...so need to revisit it....It was awsome....thanks for shareing it and your grade..

kiwi/teresa:flower

we are all lips in life sucking on one big nipple ~ kiwi6969

"shes out ther,our souls have meet,our hearts have meet,just not ourselves"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:00 am 
awesome! You should write a sequal! More more more!!

:peace Pax! -Bev