The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rant Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:20 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Shel - Wow! I hope their insurance is paying for that but even so the staying in a hotel will be horrific for them. I accept your rant on their behalf.

I keep measuring our issues against other folks too. I have friends who just bought a $620,000 house and it needs new floors and a/c and they are avidly buying furniture. I know how much money they make and I can't even understand how they qualified for the loan. Mortgage and taxes will take I'm guessing 60% of their takehome pay. I know that the difference is they live in a posh neighborhood with a pool and all that but I could not sleep at night with that loan. And my brother and his wife are doing a complete remodel of their house. It will be a lot of $. So when I think we need a $500 dishwasher I think, but I won't be looking at those loans...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:40 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
You know that family member where everyone sighs as soon as they walk into a room?

I have a cousin who I don't know whether she has like social issues because she's so freakin' rude and seems to have no awareness of it.

She's always nitpicking at me about food choices (she's also more overweight than I am) but like I can't even go for a coffee with her without her saying 'would you not use brown sugar instead?' (brown has MORE calories and they're pretty much the exact same product anyway) and rechecking/asking me if the door is locked when I leave the apartment (for the thousandth time, it self locks!), she asks people how much they earn only knowing them an hour, she has no concept of boundaries.

Anyway, what pissed me off today is, she keeps sending my mom links to job openings on career websites. My mom set up her own business this year and works at it full time. Today when I was over for lunch, she pops in and says to her 'Can I give you some friendly advice? Go for that job I sent you. You can do your other thing in the evenings.' How fucking insulting is that? And she genuinely doesn't see herself as being anything but helpful.

My mom lets it go but I was fit to punch her earlier.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:11 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Rant continued:

I was just at my aunt's (her mother) for dinner and she, in no particular order, hit me over the head with a newspaper, poked me and tried to say things to me while I was addressing the rest of the table, drank my last Coke and ate food off my plate without asking. She also started eating before everyone was served which is a total pet peeve of mine.

:gnome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 am 
3. Flaming O

I can't stand when anyone holds a fridge or freezer door open too long. Especially at my work, where the temperature of the room is already a strain on the cooler vents. So, it was difficult not to break anything when the vendor drops off product late, telling me how the *milk* really needs to be put up soon, then props open both cooler doors (even though his stuff only goes on one side), and even leaves a door open while he goes outside for the last load. Yeah, let's make sure the milk is safely inside this not-even-cool-anymore-fridge. It better not go bad or I'll hunt him down!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:22 am 
9. Gay Now

I don't understand why people question me at times. I mean really? I don't say things to be a dic. I say things for good reason. Yesterday I had a contractor question me why I wouldn't allow his wife and child to enter our facility. I was baffled and I became a smart ass. I asked him really? You're seriously going to question me? Okay, I'll tell you why. Long ago I was in this same scenario and I allowed unauthorized people in the facility and it turned around and bit me in the ass. Not going to happen again. So unless you're a contractor here to do work or an employee you don't enter this facility. You have 2 choices. Your wife and kid can hang out in the truck outside our facility. Or you take them home and come back here alone. You decide? So his wife and child left. He then asks me where he will be working at. I told him and he made a comment that he really didn't want to walk. OMG really? I almost went off and told him you lazy fuck! I bit my tongue. Be grateful you can fucken walk. Some people in this world won't ever know what that's really like. There are some people who knows how it feels to walk, but no longer can for whatever reason. This guy wasn't rude, but just being stupid. Smh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Why don't people pay attention to detail and listen when they're given specific direction? Seriously, I just don't get it. You tell them how you want something done, you show them, and you give them the reasons why; they look you in the eye... "Yes, uh huh, no problem. I got it." But they don't. They don't get it and they don't give a flying fuck as to the consequences of their actions. They shrug it off, "Oops! Sorry." And I really can't tell if they do it on purpose or if they really are that fucking stupid. All they have to do is pay attention and be present. Instead, they're off in la-la land and meanwhile, I have to suffer and my family has to suffer. And when I'm picking up their slack, they're off having a wonderful life; completely oblivious that they're the reason things are so fucked up in the first place!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:53 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Spare me from crazy freaking assholes with a vitriolic tongue - which is EXACTLY what I sound like right now! But here it is. I walked into the green room on opening day and the costume mistress says, "You look horrible." Okay, I'm not a looker, I got it, but opening day? In a room full of people? Then she demanded photos, descriptions, deadlines etc for a show this summer and I busted my hump and got it in. She snarked me and complained and insulted me in e-mails for my pains. Then thanked me publicly for doing a great job - wtf? Then I send stuff for the winter show, she sends me a lovely courteous reply then I (think) I sent her one back and she unloads and insults my past show, insults me in general and cc's my boss. I'd be more worried but my boss knows that a) the lady IS talented and b) no one else would do the job for the money she gets and c) the lady is basically a wild ride, minus the fun. The toughest part is that this lady also has kind and generous moments so when she turns on a dime and slams me it hurts because I thought of her as a friend - whoaaaaa. Big mistake!!!! Thanks for listening, it hurt and I'm still pretty upset.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:07 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Short rant.

Being an introvert at Christmas sucks. Being a sober introvert at Christmas sucks balls.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:44 pm 

For the most part my teenagers (15 & 17) are pretty good kids. No major issues, good grades, etc. but lately...they've been seriously getting on my very last nerve. Mostly with their nonchalant lackadaisical attitude towards anything and everything to do with taking responsibility around the house. They're teenagers, I get it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or put up with it. I mean, why do I HAVE to continuously remind them to do the fucking dishes or take out the garbage or feed the dogs, etc? No one has to remind me or my wife.

Tomorrow is the birthday party for the 17 yr old. I took a day off work to clean for said party. I came downstairs this morning and the first thing I saw was a sink full of dirty dishes, which I very nicely reminded the boy to do before I went to bed last night. He assured me he would do them. He didn't. I asked the 15 yr old to clean all her stuff off the table. She said she would. She didn't. So, I cleaned exactly nothing. Fuck it. I will be exacting my revenge in exactly 37 minutes when the two of them walk through the front door, thinking they can drop their shit and go do as they please. Sadly, they've got another thing coming, because I'm giving them a list and then taking my wife to dinner. They can stay here, slave away and cook their own damn dinner. Happy Friday night Kids!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:56 am 
9. Gay Now

I am tired of having the same conversation with a certain somebody. This is what I get for adding them as an authorized user to one of my accounts. One more incident and I am deleting them as a user. I don't mind working with people and helping them out, but there has to be some limitations at times.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:18 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I feel like an old man standing in his front yard with a half-opened robe, shaking his cane and yelling at the kids to get off his lawn, but...

GODDAMMIT, TEENAGERS, STOP THROWING ROCKS IN MY DOOR :gnome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:30 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Do any of you have experiences with narcissists? Because I was stupid enough to let one into my life, and now I don't know how to get rid of her. The biggest problem is that she's also a member of my friend group, and within that friend group, she's rather popular. She's been in fights with several people in that friend group before, and hey, guess what, they were always the ones who ended up leaving. Which means that there's no one to vouch for me when I say that she's a toxic person. And it is really tough to imagine where I'm coming from if you've never been on this girl's bad side before. But if you just question her behavior (which has, towards me, at least, hardly been exemplary), or cross her even once, you become public enemy number one.

There was an incident recently, and let's just say I haven't made myself very popular with several of my friends. Friends I never had an issue with until my 'friend' decided that I was bad news. Which is not to say that I've been a saint in the whole mess, but, as is the way with narcs, she distorts everything I say, plainly lies, omits things, and just frankly has no respect for me. And—and this has happened several times before, and I don't want it to happen again—whenever we have a fallout, she is deliberately hurtful, and never takes any responsibility for that fact. I'm always the one who ends up apologizing. And I'm tired of it.

The problem is how to cut her out of my life for good without alienating half of my friend group (anymore than I already have).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:57 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Jesus Fucking Christ!

My wife is in that "woe is me... I can't ever get my needs met because I am a martyr..." spaces again. Clearly she is depressed but she never believes she is depressed. She just thinks for some reason she is tired.

So she goes off about how she never gets anything she wants and never gets her needs met. That means meditation and exercise. I ask her what she needs to get her needs met and it's just that I do. I get up at either 4:45 or 5:00 so I can meditate. She does not. And on the weekend she says doesn't get to do what she needs. And then she sat in a chair or laid on the bed for over 90 minutes and read a fucking book. Reading is great. Reading is lovely but don't bitch that you never ever get to exercise or meditate and then sit and fucking read.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:57 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Let me explain the concept of the grocery list. If you finish off something, put it on the list. If you notice we are running low on something, put it on the list. If yogurt is one of your staples and you finish the jar and don't put it on the list and shop and don't buy it, that is NOT MY FAULT!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:04 pm 

I have a friend that NEVER, EVER, thinks about consequences. She never thinks ahead and never thinks about how her avoidance and poorly planned shitty life choices effect everyone around her...friends, family, her employer, co-workers, etc. Never even an inkling of a thought of how her constant procrastination and eleventh hour decision making have a snowball effect that cause a LOT of unnecessary stress. Of course if you mention it to her or even try to brooch the subject, she completely turns it around and makes you feel like a heartless and completely shitty person.

First, she doesn't take her kids to the doctor when they're sick and ends up doing the midnight run to the er. Which has all kinds of consequences...lack of sleep, missed work, inconvenience to her employer, to other employees that have to cover for her, a huge hospital bill at the tax payers expense, etc.

Second, there was something EXTREMELY important that she had two years to take care of...TWO. YEARS. Now that deadline is 3 weeks away and do you think she did ANYTHING about it? Nope. Nada. Nuthin. Not a God Damn thing. I'm not at liberty to say what it is, but it has far reaching ramifications. Do you think she took responsibility? Nope. She basically ignored it and I don't know, hoped it would go away? Well, it didn't and now she's fucked...along with everyone else who depends on her.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:49 pm 

OMG MY FUCKING SISTER!!!! I don't know if this is a rant or "Things I'd Like to Say..." or a little of both, but if she was standing here right not now I don't think I could be held responsible for my actions. Grrrrrr.

I made the mistake of asking what the boys wanted for Christmas and she just messaged me that one of them wants an X-Box One and a game. WTF? Seriously? This is the kid that #1- Throws desks across classrooms. #2- Is flat out the laziest person on the planet. #3- Refuses to do any school work #4- Refuses to get a job, wash his clothes, wipe his ass, tie his shoes, and on and on and on. Let me add that he is NOT special needs either, just fucking LAZY. He'll be 18 in Feb. and STILL won't bathe more than once every ten days. He refuses to learn to drive, because he knows if he did, then he'd have to get a part time job and God forbid he got up off his ass and did ANYTHING productive. He won't even help out around the house. So I should reward him with a $400 Christmas present? SHE DONE LOST HER MIND. He's not even my kid!!!

*sighs* Ok, I feel better now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:58 am 
3. Flaming O

People need to stop being so stupidly envious of other people's lives! Two people who I used to feel were best friends have become like awkward relatives with whom I occasionally have forced conversation. They insist on being rude and passive-aggressive; each of them accusing me of having "more fun" in life, as if that's a reason to be rude. And, they are a solid couple. Sure, they've had their troubles, but they stuck it out. How can they be upset at someone else for not being able to hold onto a relationship?! They act like nothing made me happier than to go on lots of dates: like I wanted to waste my weekends hearing bozos prattle on about their other dates!! Ugh! Recognize what you have and stop being jerks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:01 pm 

The schools are closed yet AGAIN tomorrow for the third day in a row. At this point, I don't care if I have to blow up an air mattress to use as a raft to get to work...I HAVE GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE and away from these teenagers! I cannot have one minute to myself. No privacy whatsoever. I thought about lying and just camping out at Starbucks with my laptop, but they'd just find a ride and end up there as well. Because, again, NO PRIVACY. NONE. ZIP. ZILCH. I mean, why do they HAVE to be here ALL the damn time? Why can't they GO TO SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE and leave me alone? WHYYYYYYYYY????? I was NEVER home when I was sixteen. Never. Fuckin A, go get a life!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:36 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
I'm stuck in a car with my mother in law and she got offended when we didn't want to use refrigerant on the ac.

I've used it before on her car and for me to say I wasn't comfortable now seemed to piss her off. But this is our newer car and I know the reason it isn't super cold was the reason it went out in the first place, having nothing to do with the refrigerant.

But my mother in law has had her son messing with her head, so she she can't say anything without it being turned around and being used against her. So understandably she can get a little sensitive.

I really hope she decides not to go camping with us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:06 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

So many hours spent writing.

So little words on screen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:51 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Laragh wrote:
So many hours spent writing.

So little words on screen.

I'm just reiterating this, but now with fewer words and even more rage.

:crash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:49 am 
28. Com...plete

I've been talking to my bosses for almost two months about training in another area. (Initially, I was hired to work in that area, but I struggled there and got shifted to the area I'm in now, but with the agreement that we could discuss me going back once I had 6 months to a year of experience - and I'm well over a year now.) We're short-staffed, and so I've repeatedly gotten the response that it might happen but it can't happen right away because of staffing needs - which I expected and have been okay with. But today our next schedule came out, and one of our not-nearly-enough night nurses is apparently switching to days (and she's a traveler, meaning she works 13 week contracts rather than being a permanent employee, so there's no way she has seniority over me and it's highly unlikely that she made a request before I did since she's worked here less than 3 months). We're supposed to have 5 nurses scheduled for every shifted, but with her switching to days there will be 5-6 nurses for every day shift and only 3-4 for every night shift.

Which basically means there's no chance in hell of me getting to train in the other unit, and we'll be short staffed on nights all the damn time. Which I wouldn't mind so much if it didn't feel like we're just getting royally screwed over. Like, day shift has techs! There are usually 3-4 techs on days and there's only ever one at night. How is it fair that day shift have 5-6 nurses *and* 3-4 techs, for a total of 8-10 staff, while night shift has 3-4 nurses and one tech - literally half the staff. (Not to mention that our bosses are around during the day and generally available to help; they have been working more evening hours lately, but it's still far from the level of availability during the day.) It's bullshit. And we're going to be floating people all the time with so much staff on days, which always makes people grumpy.

Why couldn't she just stay on nights so that we could have 4 nurses a shift and days could have 5? It still wouldn't allow me to train in the other unit, but damn it at least it would be *fair*.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:18 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

One of my best friends just came clean to me about a lie she told a few years ago. I am freaking out and trying not to show it. But this is bad, really, really bad.

I'm still new enough here that I don't feel completely comfortable going into it totally... maybe someday... But I'm so freaked out I have to share somewhere... suffice it to say that she told this really, really, terrible lie in order to get out of the relationship she was in at the time. I believed her (I didn't think I had any reason not to) and so I came to her defense hard. Her ex's life was seriously impacted like seriously like, lose your job, lose your friends serious bad. I was friends with her ex, too, I'd thought we were good friends but the lie my best friend told there was no way I could be friends with someone like that if that's what the ex was really like. Only, they weren't like that, because it was a lie.

There is so much I'm not sharing, so I'm not making much sense. Basically, cops were called, charges were filed, lives ruined all because of a lie that did not ever, ever, need to be told. Why my best friend (or the person who I thought was my best friend) felt that doing something so horrible was the only way out of her relationship, I will never understand.

Why she decided to come clean now, I don't know either.

I am so upset. I can't even think. This whole situation is so fucked.

Thanks for letting me rant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
Every time, every effing time possibly see a light at the end of a tunnel, that maybe just maybe we are finally on the right track to getting caught up on bills and can start saving and improving our credit to buy a house some day, life likes to kick us and say "ha, you thought wrong."

Seriously, like the King of the Hill episode where Hank drops the Olympic torch. Can't act happy because something will go wrong.

Explorer broke down. Just got new tires for it. It was recently brought back to life in the first place and instead of selling it we decided to use it so I wouldn't have to borrow cars or have my wife drop me off at work if she needed the car that day.

But we had to go and say something. "Yay things are going alright." And people wonder why I am never optimistic.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:45 pm 
28. Com...plete

I'm reading a really excellent story (not on the kitten, or Willow/Tara) that is written... not excellently.

The dialogue is all over the place and I often have to read scenes 2-4 times for it to even make sense, because it's all out of order. It'll be like, R says w, x, y, and z, and then it goes to E responding/reacting to w when 3 more things have already been said. (Which is actually a rather terrible explanation of the issue, but I don't quite know how to describe it; I've literally never a read a story that did this before and it's so disjointed and I hate it.)

It's basically like E: "I bought lettuce. And a house." R: "I could make a salad. You WHAT?!?" Like, constantly.

And the story is good, it really is. It's incredibly emotional, the characters are reasonably well developed, the plot is decent, there are a few good twists, but this terrible back and forth is like nails on a chalkboard for my mind. I can't stand to read more than a few paragraphs at a time - which means each time I return to the story I have trouble remembering exactly what's happening.

This fic is so close to being awesome yet falls so short and it makes me want to pull my hair out.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:06 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
So I go to get some warm clothes yesterday because winter's here hard enough that I'm feeling it (I'm good with cold), and the only section with any Wonder Woman shirts was the women's section - not costumes or anything, just t-shirts. And they were hidden away on the rack behind the female Batman and Superman shirts, just in case women felt awkward about buying their Batman and Superman shirts from the male t-shirt section, where there were also plenty. I'm more just disappointed than surprised, but really, the movie made like a bajillion dollars in its opening fifteen seconds, are we still doing this?

On the plus side, I've got a sweet new Wonder Woman t-shirt.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:53 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Work made me go on this digital media course and it is just so mind numbingly boring. We were doing videos today and my basic bitch bougie ass W/T videos that are the crappiest of the crap were more advanced than this shit. At one point the instructor had to ask if we all knew how to open a second tab on the browser.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:17 pm 

We're in NY on vacation and the maids at our hotel stole my earrings...my diamond earrings that my wife bought me for our anniversary last year. I guess you can say it's kinda my fault for leaving them out, but WTF???? It was a fucking accident! I stupidly took them out to sleep, set them on the desk and forgot to put them back in the next morning. Stupid, I know. We were running late and I just simply forgot. Now I have to be fucking punished because of these dishonest assholes.

The best part, the hotel blamed me!!!!!!! The security guy was a condescending jerk. "You probably left the door ajar and you should have put them in your safe." ME: We don't have a safe and I never meant to leave them out in the first place. SECURITY: "Yes you do, it's in your closet." ME: Nope, no safe. SECURITY: "Are you sure? It's a black box with numbers on it." ME: I KNOW WHAT A FUCKING SAFE LOOKS LIKE! SECURITY: "Well, you shouldn't have left them out." Really? That's what you have to say? No shit Sherlock. And your employees shouldn't be stealing other people's things, asshole.

Moral of the story: If you ever visit this city, bring NOTHING of value and don't EVER, EVER stay at the Hotel Pennsylvania. It's a complete fucking shithole. I've stayed in Motel 6s and Econo Lodges that were nicer and cleaner than this place. TOTAL CRAP! Spend a little extra and stay some place better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:15 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
So, I've been writing and directing shows with a theater company for 16 straight years at this particular event and have been a paid performer in various shows for them since 1978 (Yep, I'm pretty old!). This year I got a nice note telling me that my troupe was off the stage for a year but that I could turn in a proposal to be considered for another gig. For 16 years our troupe has done a great job, for sixteen years we've pulled in great crowds and sudden BOOM - we're gone and maybe . . just MAYBE I'll get a chance to perform on a smaller stage. I've turned in a proposal, no idea when I'll find out. Just . . hurts, that's all. Thanks for listening.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:07 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I try to live my life as a nice person and imparting kindness where I can, but Jesus Christ if they're aren't some people that I just want to reply 'you're a fucking idiot' to every single thing they post online.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next