The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: W/T Videos - Updated 8/29
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:26 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Gaynow:

Quote:
You've got a great feel for when to allow the dialogue to come through the music. In many videos, hearing the dialogue and the song going at the same time is distracting, at best.

Thanks! Most people opt to take the dialogue out, which looks funny sometimes, their lips moving and no sound. I get really picky like that. I try to keep that to a minimum and use clips where they're not talking, which can get challenging sometimes.

I kinda lucked out with the dialogue for all three videos . . . they just happened to fall into place in between lyrics. Thanks for watching!

TheRose24: Thanks for watching!

SallyMcFine: I wish it were a job! Right now I do wedding videos part time, but I'd love to edit movies and stuff. I'm much better at editing than writing. It's hard for me when I sit down and write to put what I see in my head into words, casue I'm mostly a visual person. But thanks for watching!

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:32 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

~sitting here trying to figure out how to start this~

This Woman's Work -

Wow. No, I mean, WOW. I don't think that is good enough to describe that. I mean, your work is absolutely amazing. But this one did something to me. It hit me and I got a watery. Not a full waterfall, but darn close. And for me to get all watery eyed the second time watching it, wow! I can feel that if I really start getting into the different parts of that video and what it meant to me, this would turn into a three page essay. What I am going to say is that I love your work and I thank so very much for keeping our two witches alive and well. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Take care. Smiles. =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:47 pm 
8. Vixen

:bow
Oh my good god, This Woman's Work was freakin' amazing! That was one of the most heart-wrenching videos I've ever seen and the song is beautiful. You really have a HUGE talent with these videos. Thank you so much for putting that together. I have to say that I got a little "watery" myself. Seriously amazing, I can't say enough.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

I loved it! :-D
You did an incredible job! Really beautiful...and the song, perfect!
Hope there's gonna be more!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:29 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 4
Wow. You did a beautiful job. Loved the Kate Bush one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:15 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

I'm officially a rabid fan of all the music videos on your site, Foo, and can I just say, "This Woman's Work" was SO good. I'm all choked up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:33 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

wow...

it... brought tears to my eyes... it's the first time I cried since so long. I just loove your videos, as much as your fic.

But one sad thing is that the mp4 wont work with either real player, quick time, windows media player or media player classic, which is a shame. I get something different from a green screen only on wmp, and the image is going so slow compared to the music.

But it was so great, the music, Willow and Tara, oh need to watch those again.

I really have to say thank you for lighting my day with those videos. Go Foomatic!

*Edit* Okay, so I finally managed to get the last one right with media player classic *shrugs* any way of seeing it is worth. It's just such a great video again... Got no words... Keep on the great work ;) */Edit*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:59 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hey everyone . . . new vid, it's called "Metaphor." All my vids are going to be in .mp4 format, which you should be able to play on the latest version of Quicktime, key word, latest. Enjoy!

Click here

Kisses and Gay Love

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:19 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Oh yay Foo! That was so friggin' wonderful! *sigh* You're so good at this.

I can't wait to see more. Nor can I wait for a fic update. (*hint hint*)

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:37 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

What a musical and photographic (er, videographic) journey!

I clued in about 1/4 of the way through why it's called "Metaphor." Hee. Willow's face is so, er, expressive.

I also never noticed, till seeing these particular clips in this presentation, how much Willow and Tara are always holding hands, and joining hands, and reaching out to each other.

Also, when they were sitting on the steps and talking/smiling at each other, when Willow's hand kind of crept onto Tara's knee - so sweet. I'm not sure if I've ever noticed that detail in such relief (the textile kind of relief, not the "Whew!" kind) before, and your video presentation highlighted it for me.

My favorite picture of W&T is the one where they're sitting on the lawn, not sure which episode that's from.

This video was just great, great, great! The music complements what's happening on screen, and the style of music and the vocalists inflections set just the right mood for the scenes that you selected - the gradually rising tension, and the gentleness with the urgency behind it. WOO HOO FOO!

Post subject: Re: W/T Videos - Updated 9/11
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:48 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

GayNow: Yay! I'm glad you liked it . . . this one was a fun one to make . . . thought I'd put the angst aside and make a happy one . . .

SallyMcFine:

Quote:
I also never noticed, till seeing these particular clips in this presentation, how much Willow and Tara are always holding hands, and joining hands, and reaching out to each other.

Yeah, but I wish they could have shown more. Every other relationship on the show has tons more kissing and holding than they do; I have to make do with what I have, and I try not to be repetetive with the shots of the two them together. The best are the ones where they're looking at each other.

Quote:
Also, when they were sitting on the steps and talking/smiling at each other, when Willow's hand kind of crept onto Tara's knee - so sweet. I'm not sure if I've ever noticed that detail in such relief

That's one of my fav moments . . . It's from Where the Wild Things Are, right before Tara freaks out. I wish they could have held the moment a little longer before she says "That's disgusting!"

Quote:
My favorite picture of W&T is the one where they're sitting on the lawn, not sure which episode that's from.

That's from Superstar, towards the end after everything goes back to normal. Yes, it's quite sad that I have all the W&T scenes memorized. It's not like I'm obsessed or anything . . .

Thanks for the feedback!

Kisses and Gay Love

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:37 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Wow, again, wow...

I love it, the music fits so well with the moments you've shown, that's just... It's wonderful. I think I'd watch it over and over again and never get bored (not much with technical terms and appreciation from me in the morning :geek).

You just keep impressing me. Go Foo!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:59 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Krokador: Thanks so much for the feedback!

Alrighty, a new everything! New website AND new vid!

I couldn't help myself, I just had to make a video to Jill Sobule's 'I Kissed A Girl'! And I just love how it turned out!

Click here!

Kisses and Gay Love

Post subject: Re: W/T Videos - Updated 10/16
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:30 am 
8. Vixen

:bounce :applause :bow

Hello Foo! May I be the first to say that I LOVE your new vids! I was so happy to see an update. "I Kissed a Girl" was really sweet and uplifting. Your editing skills are superb, down to every drum beat. I really appreciate your vids so much. Thank you for your time and energy. I can't wait for more!

peace,
amy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:51 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Foo, these were GREAT! I looooooooooooooove especially "I Kissed a Girl" - you got to use some of the more quirky moments between WT that we haven't seen before in your vids, and we got to see them at faster speed (or non-slo-mo), so that was a real treat. And there was a specific moment in Girl that I'll have to go back and watch and edit this post later to comment on (cuz I'm leaving work right now) but I remember when I watched it this morning I was like "Ooh, I need to comment on that, it was especially well done." So will edit this post later.

ETA: oh yeah, it was the "hand upon my knee" line that coincided so beautifully with Willow's hand on Tara's knee! I chortled with glee.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:58 pm 
3. Flaming O

Yep, definitely loved the new videos! :-D
“I Kissed a Girl” is so sweet, it made me want to watch the show all over again…actually, only W/T parts :p
Hehe, anyway, you’ve done an incredible job again, and thanks very much for sharing!
Looking forward to more!

K.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:42 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

OH!!! Havent had time to reply, cuz I saw this one the day you posted... WOW!!! That's... Tara and Willow right! And that song is cool... I should read the lyrics sometime...

You're really doing a wonderful job, when will we have the right to read an update to your fic? Cuz, yeah, I'm waiting :bounce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:11 am 
3. Flaming O

Wow....that was amazing Foo. :bounce :dance :bounce :applause :bounce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:38 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hey everyone!

dorksrcool: Thanks for the kind comments! I love editing, wish I could get paid to do this. It's quite addicting though. I find that when I listen to music I'm constantly thinking, "Can I use this song for a vid?" Thanks for watching!

SallyMcFine: It's becoming a challenge to make the same old clips look new and refreshing, but I'm glad that you like the stuff I've done so far!

onlykaren: I thought the song was appropriate for our girls! Thanks for taking the time to watch it!

Krokador: Alas, I know my fic is languishing on Pens . . . I figure once I get the vidding out of my system I can finally sit down and plunk out the next update. But I've been writing a little here and there, so don't fret. I've got a couple more vids perculating in my head, so as soon as I get those out, I can promise an update.

freakgirl105: Hey, thanks for watching!

Kisses and Gay Love

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:14 pm 
9. Gay Now

I just found your vids, and I just wanna say, they're AWESOME AND GREAT!!!! I have watched a couple of WT videos way back, but yours are awesome! I mean, you captured the emotions and the passion of :wtkiss . I really like Secret Garden...Thanks for sharing. :applause

"I think you are such a sweetheart even though you got that twisted mind that is almost sadistic." - A friend, after reading REAL LOVE

Last edited by ambercissism on Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:21 am 
3. Flaming O

:glasses Hi... just want to say I love your vids. :bow I have your website bookmarked. Definitely some of the very best W/T videos I have seen!

'I kissed a girl' is my favourite, so sweet. :wtkiss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:15 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 4
Hey, thanks for providing mp4 versions. I thank you, and my iPod thanks you. Nice work, btw. Even the one that you can't post to this board about.

b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:41 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Topics: 1
I checked out the "New Moon Rising" and "Unrequited" videos. I gotta admit, I've toyed with the idea of using those songs in a songfic. (Well, at least one of them.) And to be honest, whenever I hear those two songs on the radio lately (and that seems to happen a LOT), thinking of W/T cuddles and angst always seems to be the thing that pops into my head.

Good job. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:37 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

ambercissim: Hi, and thanks for your kind words!

Sasha: I appreciate you taking the time to watch the vids, and thank you for your feedback!

binky: Hiya Binky! I have to admit, I have them on my shiny new black iPod too . . . I'm a bit of a narcissist like that. :blush Anyways, I'm happy to provide you with some portable :wtkiss !

SithLordWiccan: I find that whenever I listen to music I think, "Would this song make a good W/T video?" A bit obsessive, I know . . . anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed the vids!

Alrighty kittens, a little Christmas gift from me to you - a new vid called "Home." Hope the song isn't too cheesy, but I think it fits nicely.

Click here!

Kisses and Gay Love

Post subject: Re: W/T Videos - Updated 12/19
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:48 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Dibs!

ETA: Awww, this was so sweet, Foo! Really heartbreaking, the breakup scenes, and then the gradual moves toward reconciliation progressed in a stepwise fashion so their reunion was very believeable. And can I add a yay for your using the "Finey McFine Fine" line?

I don't think I've actually seen that episode, or if I did, it was a year or two ago because I can't place it. Also, I've never seen "Hell's Bells" (that's the Xander/Anya splitup at the altar one, right?) because I missed it somehow and haven't had the heart to watch it because I think it would break my heart to see Anya getting dumped. However, watching the clips in your vid might be motivation enough to pull out the DVDs and watch it.

Your trademark skills at letting the dialogue come through when appropriate are very much in evidence! Every time they talked it was the right time, and the sound quality was excellent. Even more than that, though is the synchronicity betweeen the lyrics and the expression on one or the other's face - especially when the song went "I still believe in you" and it focused on Willow. I could really see her starting to believe that Tara still believed in her.

Also, lovely fade at the end from "Edited by" to "Foomatic" - looked like winter frost. Very Hollywood! Thanks so much for giving us this holiday present, Foo!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:18 am 
5. Willowhand

:bigwave Hey Foo! I can't get the new vid to work. :sob I can hear the song, I just can't see the vid. Hannah.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:32 am 
4. Extra Flamey

willlovestara wrote:
:bigwave Hey Foo! I can't get the new vid to work. I can hear the song, I just can't see the vid. Hannah.

Yeah same thing for me.... It says that my quicktime is missing something so I can't play it properly but it can't find what I'm missing on the server to download or something! I love your videos and now I can't see one!

X-Katie-X

Last edited by lollipopgirl on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:35 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Hey guys - I had the same problem when just clicking on the link, but when I then right-clicked and saved the file to my hard drive it played fine. Maybe try downloading it? It's worth it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:20 am 
4. Extra Flamey

SallyMcFine wrote:
Hey guys - I had the same problem when just clicking on the link, but when I then right-clicked and saved the file to my hard drive it played fine. Maybe try downloading it? It's worth it!

I've done that but it still does the same thing... It may just be my computer and I'll check it out in more detail another day when I'm less ... I really should be in bed right now! Thanks anyway!

X-Katie-X

Last edited by lollipopgirl on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:51 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Hey guys,

Sorry that you're having trouble viewing the vids . . . I updated my system recently, and I think that unless you're running Quicktime 7, you won't be able to view the files because they're in a high definition format. You need to be running OS 10.3 or higher on a Mac, and Windows XP on a PC to run Quicktime 7. I've been trying to figure out how output like my previous vids so you can see it. Have any of you tried the VLC player? That's a free download as well, and it should work with the formats I have. Plus it's got some other features that Quicktime doesn't have.

Kisses and Gay Love

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next