The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Wave
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:06 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
I really, really love this story! You are doing a great job of portraying how intensely they love each other. Very nice:)

Quote:
We’ll leave, Willow thought. It was so simple and so clear. They would leave. Willow would take Tara out of Sunnydale, away from demons and traitorous mentors, someplace where they could be together, and safe.

I kinda thought that Willow was misinterpreting the conversation and I was so worried that, at any minute, she was going to grab Tara and bolt. So glad she didn't!!

I loved your use of humor! So nice to see the gang able to relax and enjoy themselves without a cloud of impending doom hanging over their heads.

Can't wait for the next update! Have a GREAT holiday!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:01 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay, another update!

Despite being an Australian, and not celebrating Thanksgiving, it seems like a wonderful holiday, and this one was particularly lovely.

Quote:
“I bet Giles would’ve told me. Male solidarity, you know?” Xander slumped after a moment, looking even glummer. “Oh who am I kidding, he wouldn’t have told me.”

Poor Xander, he gets the short end of the stick.

I’m so glad Willow had the courage to come out to Joyce, and that Joyce was so accepting. I think it did Tara a world of good too, to have the mum-type figure accept their relationship. But really…
Quote:
“Buffy said you’re a dummy!” Willow cried. Oh god.

This line is just the best. Sooo funny.

I was also a little wary when Willow heard Giles and Joyce talking, but I knew you wouldn’t let anything too bad happen. I was very relieved when Giles asked Tara to live with him permanently. That should definitely take some weight of Willow’s worry-girl.

Quote:
There was just an instant of hesitation, but then Tara threw herself into the watcher’s waiting arms, burying her face in his shoulder.

Naawww.

And way to go Willow, for her completely awesome and totally illegal hacking, and background story creating! That was really cool.

Thanks, as always, for such a great read. Looking forward to more,

Laura,

In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
-Anon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:58 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Willow certainly was jumping to conclusions there. Her coming out to Joyce was lovely. Everyone is so enamored of Tara. I'm very glad that Giles decided to let Tara stay. I think that is very appropriate and will take a lot of pressure off her and Willow.

And I love Thanksgiving so this was a great update.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:03 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Awww. I wish I could have Thanksgiving with the Scoobies. Thank you for this fic!

I knew Willow was taking the conversation out of context. Huge yay for Tara staying safe, going back to school, and both her and Giles getting the sense of family that had been missing.

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:56 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Awesome update. It ended up being a Happy Scooby Thanksgiving! That was nice of Joyce to have everyone over for the holiday and that she was supportive when Willow came out to her. I was hoping that Giles would let Tara stay with him permanently.
Looking forward to the next update.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:33 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hey wonderful Kittens!

It's been a crazy December, but I just wanted to let you know I should be updating both Wave and The Wish of Three Hearts by the end of this week. I hope you're all have a wonderful holiday season!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:37 pm 

Topics: 1
Huzzah! Hope you're good, Robin!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:54 pm 

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!! Wave is one of my all time favorites... :pinky :pinky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:48 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Bring it, Girlfriend!

I gotta catch my WAVE - it's surf city on the teen love beach!

Come on, come on, want some good vibrations soon-ish!

Ariel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:04 pm 
2. Floating Rose

This is a great story and so sweet thanks for letting us know we will be getting an update soon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:53 pm 

Hey Folks,

Thanks for your patience! Here's (finally) the latest update for Wave! It's a long chapter, so I hope that it will help to sooth the pain of the long wait (LOL). As I mentioned with TWO3H, I really do appreciate all of you reading and leaving feedback, it means the world to me!

Responses to the responses, and then the new chapter! :pinky

Cyteach--Happy Dibs to you! :)

Maggie--I'm glad you had fun with the chapter, and I LOL'd at Willow too, glad others enjoyed her desperate attempt to be unkind.

vampyregurl73--Aw...pouting...Is it wrong of me to be glad I can inspire pouting? Good luck on dibsing this time! Glad you enjoyed the crash-test dummy and Tara being sweet Tara! :) And hilarity with the dentist :D

KioNewgo--Thanks! :blush I will indeed be including Willow's coming out, I think it's a crucial part of her coming of age story. I won't say under what circumstances, but it will happen. :)

Zampsa1975--Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed. You quoted one of my favorite sections. I love clueless Xander! :D

Laragh--You so had me laughing and laughing with your continuation of their conversation!! I'm glad you enjoy Willow's foot in mouth syndrome. LOL

BuffyFan4ever--Sorry for the shock! I'm laughing as I write that, I'm thrilled that it scandalized you!! :D Hope that I can keep making you laugh!!

Ariel--Thanks so much for being a great friend, and always leaving such excellent and supportive feedback. There's a shout-out to you this chapter, see you can spot it! :D

Finey_McFine--I'm glad that I could make you nervous and then make you laugh all in the same chapter! I hope that you had a wonderful holiday too!

xlaurax--Thanks for reading and reviewing, I'm glad that Thanksgiving still translated even though it's a pretty localized holiday. I hope you'll continue to enjoy!

JustSkipIt--Thank you for your thoughts. Tara is so sweet and wonderful, I can't imagine folks not loving her and wanting to help her. :) Glad to give you Thanksgiving goodness! :)

Promthea128--You're welcome, thank you so much for reading and reviewing! School will come along soon! :)

love_2003--Thanks! I hope you'll enjoy this chapter too!

Maggie, SMGOVAN, Ariel, and Suzyque4215, thanks for responding and encouraging me to keep working on the fic. Ariel, especially big LOL on "teen love beach"!

UPDATE DIRECTLY BELOW:

• Title - Wave
• Author name – LonelyTara
• Email Address - 9kodama@gmail.com
• Rating - PG to PG-13
• Disclaimer - This is a romantic and light-angst AU piece with plenty of adventure. Don't sue me, I'm not stealing anything, just borrowing!
• Feedback-Please, please!
• Summary- Wave is a season 2 AU. On Halloween, Willow meets a strange and beautiful blond girl, and becomes determined to find her. When they connect, Willow's life will be changed forever...
• Notes-Thanks to everyone who will read. Some of the dialogue in this chapter may come from BtVS episodes.

Chapter Sixteen: Family

“Pancakes,” Willow groaned, rolling over in bed.

The warm, rich smell of cooking batter left her smiling as she imagined Tara down in the kitchen, singing softly to herself over a pan of funny-shaped cakes. She rolled over to get up and go see her girl, only to find herself pressed against warm, smooth skin.

“Tara?” Willow asked, opening her eyes to find the blonde girl smiling at her.

“Who else were you expecting to find in bed with you?” She teased, reaching out and pushing a lock of hair off of Willow’s cheek.

“I thought you were making pancakes,” Willow confessed. She could feel a blush creeping into her cheeks. “I must’ve been dreaming about food. I guess I’m hungry.”

“You’re beautiful when you blush,” Tara murmured.

“Really?” Willow squeaked, feeling her face grow even warmer. Everywhere Tara’s skin touched her own there was a tingle like a mild electric current moving between them.

“You’re beautiful when you aren’t blushing too,” Tara replied, moving closer. “You’re always beautiful.”

And then current moved between their lips, was their mouth, their breath, each tender kiss sending another jolt of energy through Willow. She wrapped her arms around Tara, felt the tickle of honey blonde hair against her cheek. As their bodies came together, Willow heard Tara give a soft and happy sigh that was muffled in their kisses.

“Good morning you two.” Buffy’s voice, groggy with sleep, made Willow freeze. Her eyes flew open and she found Tara staring back, wide-eyed. They slowly, soundlessly leaned apart, ending their kiss.

Oh my god. Bed, we’re in Buffy’s bed. “Buffy,” Willow said in a high, breathless voice. The pitch of guilt, she thought. “Good morning.”

“Did you two sleep okay?” Buffy yawned.

“F-fine,” Tara murmured, ducking her head.

The slayer sat up on her knees so that her head was peeking over the edge of the bed. Her hair was flattened on one side and sticking up on the other. Normally this would’ve set Willow laughing hysterically, but all she could think about was that she’d been making out with her girlfriend in her best friend’s bed. But it was an accident, Willow thought to herself, appealing to rationality with the desperation of a drowning man clinging to a life preserver. Good morning kisses are reflex, instinct, not to be trifled with regardless of locale. Buffy yawned again; stretching her arms up over her head. Willow was overcome with sudden relief. Maybe she hadn’t heard them at all. Buffy never had to know.

“Ooh,” Buffy said happily, leaning her head back. “Smells like pancakes. There won’t be delicious homemade Tara batter, but my mom does a pretty darn good job with Bisquick.”

“It s-smells wonderful,” Tara said. Willow could see the flush brightening her girlfriend’s neck, her cheeks, even her earlobes were tinged pink.

“Yeah, I’m starving,” Willow said quickly. She reached down and gave Tara’s hand a squeeze.

“Me too,” Buffy said, rising to her feet and stretching again and giving voice to a little groan as her shoulders popped. “I’m going to head down and see if I can convince my mom of the extra deliciousness of funny shapes. Probably not,” she said with a shrug, “But it’s worth a shot.”

“Kay,” Willow replied, shoulders sagging with relief as her best friend turned toward the door.
“And I don’t mind that you two were kissing,” Buffy said nonchalantly as she paused in the doorway. “Just don’t tell Xander or I’ll never be able to let him in this room again.”

Buffy walked out of the room, leaving Willow and Tara staring at each other. Tara’s mouth was hanging open and her blush was so dark she looked sun burnt. Willow knew that her own face was just as red. She was still feeling surprised and embarrassed, but didn’t want her girl to feel ill at ease. Comfort power, activate, Willow thought, suppressing a grin.

“Well,” she said after a moment, taking Tara’s hands in her own and giving them a little squeeze. “That could’ve gone a lot worse.”

Tara just stared at her for a moment, still wide-eyed, but then she finally began to slowly nod her head.

“That’s true,” she said softly. “I mean, I could’ve I had my hands up your shirt.” Before Willow had a chance to react, Tara’s warm hands had slipped under her nightshirt to cup her breasts.

Willow’s eyes drifted shut with a little groan as Tara’s hands brushed over her skin. She felt the warm press of lips against her neck, smelled the sweet honeysuckle scent of Tara’s hair. Then she heard her girlfriend begin to giggle and Willow’s eyes shot open.

“Tara,” Willow hissed, clapping her hands over Tara’s, separated only by the thin material of the t-shirt she was wearing. “We’re in Buffy’s bed.”

“Yes,” Tara said, smiling crookedly. “And you’re h-holding my hands in place. Delicious I might add.”

Willow held her hands up and Tara gave her one last caress before pulling her hands free and slipping out of bed. She leaned over and gave Willow a peck on the cheek, putting on her jeans and then slipping her arms inside her shirt to put her bra on.

“Neat trick,” Willow said, standing and pulling on her own jeans. “Although I have to admit I’m a little sad to miss the show.”

“Buffy’s room,” Tara reminded her.

“Speaking of Buffy,” Willow replied, taking Tara’s hand, “We better go downstairs and get something to eat while there’s still food left.”

“Lead the way,” Tara said, taking Willow’s hand.

Downstairs they found Giles, Xander, and Buffy happily making their way through fluffy stacks of pancakes. Giles nodded a greeting to them as he took a ginger sip from a steaming cup of coffee.

“Morning sleepy heads,” Mrs. Summers said cheerfully, walking into the dining room with a platter covered in pancakes. “Orange juice or milk?”

“Orange juice,” Willow replied, sitting next to Giles.

“Milk, please,” Tara said softly, taking the seat next to Willow. When Buffy’s mom walked away she gave Willow a playful wink. “I can’t believe you drink orange juice with syrupy-sweet pancakes. I have to have milk.”

“Milk does a body good!” Xander declared thickly around a mouthful of food. All eyes at the table turned to the dark haired boy, Willow throwing in a squint for good measure, and his mouth dropped open. “Not your body in particular,” he babbled at Tara, “But bodies in general. Not that you don’t have a great body, because you do and oh my god I need to shut up and eat,” he murmured, forking a huge pile of pancakes into his mouth and dropped his gaze to the table.

“Yes, please do have more pancakes and less conversation, Mr. Harris,” Giles said dryly.

Willow turned to look at her girlfriend and found Tara smiling back at her, blue eyes sparkling mischievously. She leaned over toward Willow, blonde hair tickling her neck.

“You’re beautiful when you’re jealous too,” Tara whispered.

“Time for pancakes!” Willow said, hoping that no one would notice how badly Tara was making her blush. She knew her plan had failed when she heard Buffy giggle, but just kept cutting up her food into little bites.

“Speaking of time,” Giles said, setting his coffee cup back down on the table. “Tara I think its high time you made your room your own. You should go out with your friends today and buy some things to spruce the place up.”

“I l-like the room, my room, just fine, s—Giles,” Tara said softly.

“I’m glad,” Giles said, smiling fondly at Tara. “But I’m sure there are a few things you’d like to make it feel homier. You can buy some posters or prints for the walls, different curtains or comforters, whatever you like.” He reached into his wallet and pulled out a small pile of bills, sliding them across the table.

“I can’t—” Tara began.

“Consider it seventeen years of back birthday and Christmas presents from Uncle Giles,” the watcher said. “Please.”

Buffy slid the money down the table toward Willow, who nudged it under the edge of Tara’s plate.

“Thank you,” Tara replied, blushing. “I guess that means we’re going shopping?” She asked the others.

“Shopping!” Buffy and Willow cried simultaneously, bursting into giggles when Xander let out a low groan.

“You can be exempt, Xander,” Tara said kindly.

“Yay!” Xander cried, spearing another forkful of pancake. “Harris avoids bag-man duty!”

“Excellent,” Giles said, clapping his hands together. “That means you can help me with some research that needs doing.”

Xander’s eyes widened and he turned to Tara. “Is it too late to be reinstated as bag-man?” He pleaded, curling his hands under his chin.

“W-well,” she said thoughtfully, poking at a piece of pancake with her fork. “What do you t-two think?” Tara asked Willow and Buffy.

“I don’t know,” Willow teased, sticking her tongue out at Xander.

“I think we should reinstate,” Buffy said firmly. “There are bound to be lots of heavy bags to carry, we wouldn’t want that to interfere with our shopping.”

“That’s true,” Willow said, nodding and trying not to laugh.

“In that case,” Tara laughed, “We’d better reinstate you. Do you m-mind, Giles?”

“As sad as I am to do without Mr. Harris’s intellectual power,” the watcher said wryly, “I think I will manage to struggle along somehow.”

“Woo for bag-man,” Xander crowed. “I will celebrate with pancakes.” The dark haired boy plunged a clean fork into the stack at the center of the table, pulling three large cakes over to his plate.

“Giles,” Buffy’s mom said, walking back into the room with another stack of pancakes. “Would you like another cup of coffee?”

“I would indeed,” he replied. “But you have to allow me, please.” Giles stood and waved Joyce towards the table. “You haven’t had a bite to eat yet, you should try some of your own delicious breakfast before it gets cold.”

“Well thank you, Mr. Giles,” Mrs. Summers replied, sitting down gracefully.

“You’re quite welcome.”

Giles smiled at Joyce with an affection that left Willow feeling a bit startled. She glanced over at Buffy to see if she’d noticed, but the little blonde slayer was focused on demolishing the huge stack of pancakes on her plate.

When breakfast was done, Buffy took a quick shower and Giles took them back to his place for Willow and Tara to get ready. Buffy and Xander put in a little research time while Tara and Willow took turns getting showered and changed, sneaking little glances and caresses as they passed between the bedroom and the bathroom. When they’d both washed and dressed, the girls went into the bathroom to brush their teeth together.

“When you’re all minty fresh I’m so going to kiss you,” Willow told Tara, pressing a thin line of toothpaste onto her toothbrush while Tara brushed away.

“So you prefer minty kisses, then?” Tara asked after she rinsed.

“I like all kinds of Tara kisses.”

Willow made this pronouncement around a mouthful of toothpaste foam, which set Tara laughing, a delighted, ringing sound that left Willow feeling weak in the knees. She rinsed her mouth, rubbed her face dry with a few quick scrubs of the towel hanging on the wall, and the pulled Tara into her arms. The young blonde fell silent, her mouth still curved in a slight smile, but her eyes were deep, serious. Willow held her close with one hand, and let the other move up to cup Tara’s cheek. She ran her thumb gently against Tara’s cheekbone, her jaw line, and then down to caress her lower lip. Without a word, Tara leaned forward into a soft, gentle kiss. Willow let her eyes drift shut and stroked her girlfriend’s cheek again.

“You owe me five bucks Harris, I told you tooth brushing time could turn into smooching time.”

Willow broke away from Tara and found Buffy standing in the doorway to Giles’s bathroom, grinning from ear to ear. Xander was standing next to her, beet red, struggling to pull his wallet out of his back pocket.

“Don’t you two have anything better to do then interrupt kissy-goodness?” Willow asked. She twisted her features into classic Willow pout, even though inwardly she was trying not to laugh at their obviously flustered state.

“I make no apologies,” Buffy said primly. “We have shopping to do, and I made money that I can also spend on shopping.”

Xander was still silent and blushing, fumbling with his wallet. “I have two dollars and a coupon for a free box of Frankenberry cereal,” he said finally, thrusting a handful of crumpled paper at Buffy. “That’s five dollars in cash and goods.”

“Frankenberry?” Buffy asked softly, staring down at her hand.

“What? It’s my favorite cereal!” Xander put his hands on his hips. “I used to love Count Chocula but now whenever I see the box I picture him leaping off and trying to drink my blood with game face on. Not very appetizing.”

Willow looked at Buffy, who seemed a bit stunned, and then at Tara, who was still smiling that bemused, enigmatic grin that Willow adored so much. She glanced back at Xander and the three girls burst into a simultaneous fit of giggling.

“Oh, very nice,” Xander grumped. “G-Man,” he called, turning toward the living room. “Is it too late to switch back to research?”

“It is indeed too late to switch back to research, bag-boy.” Buffy said in a terrible British accent, still laughing a few minutes later after Giles shooed them out of the house. “You’re stuck with us, Xander.”

“It’s bag-man,” Xander corrected. “And he didn’t call me bag-boy, he called me Mr. Harris,” Xander said in a defeated voice. “He always calls me Mr. Harris when he thinks I’m being a dummy.”

“Aw, Giles doesn’t think you’re a dummy, Xander,” Willow said, patting the dark haired boy on the back.

“Yeah he does,” Xander groaned. “And he’s right, big dummy me.”

“Cut that out,” Buffy said sternly, lightly punching him in the arm. “I don’t let anybody badmouth my friends, even if they’re badmouthing themselves. Don’t make me hurt you.”

“Yeah Xander,” Willow said, shaking her fist. “Don’t make us beat you up to show you how great you are.”

“All right, I surrender,” he said, holding up his hands with a slow grin spreading across his face. “I’m fantastic, no need to hurt me.”

Willow took Tara’s hand as the blonde began to laugh, swinging their arms gently forward and back. Buffy and Xander linked arms and Buffy held on to Tara, so that, in the end, the four of them were walking arm and arm down the street. When they came into the down town, Buffy led them to a little shop that specialized in home décor. The store had sections devoted to kitchen and dining needs, small furniture pieces, lamps, sculptures, and linens. There were printings hanging everywhere, some framed, some wrapped in plastic. Xander made a beeline for a fluffy papasan chair. Willow had to hold back a laugh when he perched in it, sitting Indian-style in the middle of the huge, circular blue cushion like a proud prince on a throne.

“I’ll be waiting here for bags,” he said. “I can’t promise I’ll stay awake.”

“Just don’t let anyone buy the chair and accidentally take you home,” Buffy teased, giving Tara and Willow a wink.

“I’ll expect to be rescued if the worst case scenario were to occur,” Xander replied.

“You’ve got it, Xand-Man,” Willow laughed. “Come on baby,” she continued, taking Tara’s hand. “Let’s go find you some pretty stuff for your room.”

“Okay,” Tara said, sounding happy and relaxed.

“I'm going to check out the back, they always keep the clearance stuff in the back and I'm all about the bargains. ” Buffy moved with unnatural speed toward the rear of the store.”

Her room, Willow thought as she walked with Tara toward the back corner of the store. She felt light, like gravity didn’t have a full influence on her body. If she felt such a strong sense of peace, of relief, at her love having a home with Giles, she could only imagine how wonderful Tara must be feeling. Willow leaned close and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

“What was that for?” Tara asked, smiling.

“Do I have to have a reason?” Willow replied. Tara’s smile only broadened, and Willow gave a little shrug. “I’m so happy for you, baby.”

“I’m happy too.” Tara’s voice was soft, thoughtful. Her smile faltered and she bit her lip, eyes growing distant, hazy. “I’m happy.”

“Tara?” Willow asked. She’d never seen her girlfriend’s mood shift so quickly before. “I’m sorry if I said something to upset you.”

“No,” Tara said quickly. Her eyes cleared and she took Willow’s hands in her own. “You didn’t say anything bad, I’m n-not angry. It’s just,” she paused, took a deep breath. “I w-worry sometimes that it’s wrong, wrong for me to be h-happy. B-Because she isn’t, she isn’t h-here.”

“Your mom?” Willow asked softly. Tara just nodded. “She would want you to be happy, Tara. She would want you to have every joy that life has to offer.” She paused, gazing into Tara’s grief-darkened eyes. “Being happy, it doesn’t mean you miss her any less.”

“Thank you,” Tara replied. She tugged Willow into her arms, holding her tight and pressing little kisses to her cheek, the crook of her neck. “Thank you, Willow.”

“Guys, I don't know if you're shopping or smooching, but I found some curtains that I think Tara will like.” The slayer's voice rang through the store. “Follow the tacky vases past the Christmas ornaments and you'll find me.”

Willow stayed snuggled close to Tara. “You don't have to thank me for loving you,” she whispered. “You deserve love, Tare. You deserve all the wonder and beauty that life has to offer.”

“Luckily you're both w-wondrous and beautiful,” Tara replied. “And so life is very, very g-good.”

Buffy shouted their names again and Willow chuckled. “We'd better go before she comes looking for us.”

Tara nodded and gave Willow's hand a little squeeze, leading their way down the aisle toward the sound of the slayer's voice. They walked past a row of vases, glossy with glaze like a watercolor wash in blues, greens, and a deep cream. She didn't find them tacky at all, and was delighted when Tara agreed. The blonde picked up a small, ball-round vase with a wide mouth she said would make an excellent vessel for crushing herbs when they had their next magic lesson. Willow felt her heart begin to race, and her breathing quicken.

Delicious magic time with Tara, Willow thought. The thought of learning more about her abilities, about feeling her self, her soul, wind with Tara's, filled her with incredible joy. She wanted to skip and jump, she wanted to sweep Tara into her arms and kiss her silly. Willow's arm was jerked a little when Tara turned right past Christmas ornaments and Willow tried to keep walking straight ahead. Tara looked back with a wry grin and Willow gave a little shrug, felt a blush burning her cheeks. Stay focused, Rosenberg. Happy shopping time now, magic lessons later.

When they passed the last aisle of Christmas ornaments, something caught Willow's eye. She stopped in her tracks. It was Tara's turn to be jerked when she stepped forward without realizing she now had a Willow-sized anchor hanging onto her hand.

“Sorry,” Willow said when she saw Tara spin around, curiosity clear on her lovely face. “There's something I'd like to buy you for a room warming present. Can I, Tara?”

“Room warming present?”

“Well,” Willow said, fiddling with her shirt sleeves, “It's like a housewarming present, but you didn't get a whole house, just a room in a house, and so it's a room warming present, not a house warming present. Does that make sense?”

“Delightful Willow sense,” Tara said. “Is it a surprise? Do you want me to go and find Buffy by myself?”

“Just close your eyes?” Willow asked.

Tara lids immediately drifted shut and Willow swelled with pride at the trust her girl showed in her. She stepped away from Tara over to the end cap on the final aisle of Christmas decorations. On the bottom row were twinkling white fairy lights. She picked up two boxes and walked back to Tara.

“You can open,” Willow said. “I hope you like your surprise.”

“Oh wow,” Tara sighed the moment she saw what Willow held in her hands. She looked up, eyes shining. “For me?”

“Fairy lights, for you.” Willow replied. “I'll help you hang them if you want.”

“As long as you promise not to hurt yourself using tools,” Tara said solemnly.

“Hah hah,” Willow said, bumping Tara gently with her shoulder and then leaning back with a smile. “I'm not that clumsy. Okay, I am that clumsy,” Willow said when Tara grinned. “You'll just have to keep an eye on me.”

“Ooh, fairy lights keeping getting better and better.”

Willow and Tara found Buffy a few aisles down, looking at a few different sets of sheets with one hand, while she held the other close to her body, clutching a large, plastic-wrapped rectangle of fabric.

“Buffy?” Willow asked.

“Finally,” the little blonde slayer sighed. A second later she was grinning broadly, holding up her find. “I think they're the same blue as the comforter you already have.”

Tara reached out and took the package. “These are the perfect curtains,” she said. “Thank you, Buffy.”

“And they're half off,” Buffy crowed. “Double perfect!”

“Wouldn't it be half perfect?” Willow teased.

“Your evil mathematics have no power here, genius girl!” Buffy said melodramatically, raising one fist up over her head toward the ceiling. “Decor doesn't bow to your science!”

Willow looked over at Tara and they both burst out laughing.

“That's fine,” Buffy pouted, dropping her arm. “Make fun of the superhero girl who found your curtains.”

“Thank you for finding th-these, Buffy,” Tara said. She sounded contrite, but her laughter still rang in Willow's mind. “They're wonderful.”

“Now for pictures.” Buffy rubbed her hands together gleefully.

Despite a half-hour's long search, Willow, Tara, and Buffy couldn't find any images for Tara's new room. Most of the posters in the shop were too bright and garish for the quiet blonde's tastes, and the framed images were all far too expensive. In the end they bought the curtains and fairy lights and passed the bags over to Xander. They tried two more shops with similar results, and so they decided to take a break for lunch.

“Wait,” Buffy said, hovering outside the entrance to a little mom-n-pop sandwich shop.

“What's up, Buff?” Willow asked. “Changed your mind about where you want to eat?”

“But,” Xander began sadly. “It's all you can eat Sloppy Joe day.”

“Don't worry Harris,” Buffy laughed, “I would never deprive you of your Joes, but you've got to get them to go, okay?”

“Five for the price of one on all you can eat day,” Xander said thoughtfully. “Yeah, I guess that's enough.”

“I can't e-eat five Sloppy Joes,” Tara said.

“Don't worry, you and Willow can stay right here and make googly eyes at each other while you nibble on the same Sloppy Joe like that scene from Lady and the Tramp--”

“That was spaghetti, Buffy,” Xander whispered.

Buffy rolled her eyes as Willow and Tara giggled. “But it's funnier because it's all you can eat Sloppy Joe day, Xander.”

“Oh!” The dark-haired boy's eyes widened and he blushed. “Please, continue as if that interruption had never occurred. Please,” he pleaded. “Really. It never occurred.”

“As I was saying, you two nibble away,” Buffy said, grinning and shaking her head. “And we'll meet you back at Giles's in about two hours.”

“Why aren't you eating with us again?” Willow asked. She grinned as the little slayer began to squirm.

“Way to put me on the spot, Willster,” Buffy grumped. “It's a super-secret mystery surprise if you must know.” Her face was transformed by a huge grin. “It's gonna be perfect. Come on, Xander,” she grabbed the boy's arm and propelled him in to the sandwich shop.

“Should I be worried about this?” Tara asked, as Xander yelped at Buffy to slow down.

“No,” Willow said, rubbing Tara's arm. “It'll be fine.” Willow paused, thinking about Buffy's tastes and the strange things they were exposed to on the Hellmouth which led to an undeniably quirky sense of humor...”I'm almost positive it will be fine.”

“Almost positive?” Tara asked with a little laugh.

“It definitely won't be anything dangerous,” Willow said firmly, holding open the door for her girl.”

“I guess that's comforting,” Tara replied.

Buffy and Xander paid and got their sandwiches before Willow and Tara had the chance to order. When they walked by, each them gave a little wave, clutching huge paper bags in their other hand. When they walked out, Tara and Willow burst into giggles, clutching onto each other for support.

“I bet you that Buffy ends up finishing off Xander's sandwiches when he gets too full,” Willow gasped.

“I don't know, that Xander can really pack away some pancakes,” Tara said thoughtfully.

“So we have a bet?” Willow asked.

“What are we betting for?”

Willow leaned close, letting her breath tickle Tara's ear. “Smoochies?”

“Ooh,” Tara said, brushing her cheek against Willow's. “You're on.”

“Ladies, were you planning on ordering some sandwiches?”

A very grumpy looking woman with iron gray hair was staring at them. Willow felt Tara grip her hand a bit more tightly, felt the press of her body as the blonde sidled slightly behind her.

“Um, one Sloppy Joe, please?” Willow asked softly. She gave Tara's hand a little squeeze.

“For you?” The woman asked Tara.

“I-I-I'll,” she began.

“We're going to share,” Willow said quickly. “Two cokes and an order of fries to go with it, please?”

The woman stared at them for a moment, and then her face was absolutely transformed by a broad grin.

“Sharing a sandwich, huh? That's too cute. Your sodas are on the house with today's deal. Enjoy girls, we'll bring the food out in a few.”

“Thanks!” Willow replied after a moment, hoping the lady hadn't noticed the split second where her jaw was hanging with shock.

“I don't think she noticed,” Tara said softly.

“Huh?” Willow slid into a booth and Tara slipped in across from her, smiling. “Did I say that out loud?”

“No, you weren't that shocked,” Tara laughed, reaching out across the table to take one of Willow's hands in her own. “I could read it all over your face.”

“Well it was surprising,” Willow pouted.

“She was p-pretty uh...”

“Grumpy?” Willow asked.

“Yeah,” Tara said. “but I knew she'd cheer up when she realized we were together. I think grown up gay people think it's really cute when LGBT kids are out on dates and stuff.”

“There's your amazing gaydar again,” Willow sighed. “When will mine kick in? I just thought she was just a regular grumpy lady.”

“Versus a gay grumpy lady?” Tara giggled. “It was all the power of observation my dear rosy girl.”

“So it is something you see?” Willow asked eagerly.

“I saw a rainbow ribbon pin on her collar,” Tara replied, patting Willow's hand. “So she's either gay or really gay friendly.”

“Huh,” Willow said thoughtfully. “I'm usually pretty observant but I totally missed that. I blame you,” she cried suddenly, raising her free hand to point at Tara. “You continually distract me with your cuteness!”

A slow, crooked grin spread across Tara's face. “I'm so cute you can't think straight, huh? Is that just literally, or figuratively too?”

Willow's mouth dropped open when she felt Tara's hand grip her knee. “Uh, b-both, I guess?” She mumbled.

“Definitely both, you're adorable.”

It was the gray-haired cashier again. She slid a tray with a huge Sloppy Joe, a basket of fries, and two cokes onto their table. Willow's head snapped up and she saw the cashier give the thoroughly blushing Tara a little wink.

“Hey!” Willow cried, indignant.

“Easy, Red,” the cashier chuckled. “You're both adorable, and both way too young for me. I have kids older than you two. Very sweet of you to defend your girl's honor though. She's a keeper,” the woman told Tara with another wink.

“Oh I know,” Tara agreed.

Willow could feel her own face burning.

“Oh, you really are both too cute,” the cashier sighed. “I'm Julie, if you two ever need anything, you just let me know, okay?”

“Kay,” Willow squeaked, and watched as he cashier walked back to the front of the shop. “Again I say, surprisingly cheerful cashier.”

“You know what?” Tara asked, biting her lip thoughtfully. “I don't think she's a cashier.”

“But she took our money and brought us food,” Willow began.

“You're right,” Tara said, nodding. “But this place is called J's Sandwich Paradise. J, Julie?”

“You think she owns the place?” Willow asked.

“I'll betcha two smoochies.”

“I concede,” Willow said, her tongue sticking between her teeth as she grinned at her giggling girl.

“I'll remember that later,” Tara replied, cutting into their sandwich.

“Please do,” Willow said, snagging a fry.

They ate a leisurely lunch together and then walked across town toward Giles's apartment. Just when they were about to leave the shopping district, Tara spotted a little used bookstore. She didn't ask to go inside, but Willow noticed her gaze flickered back to it again and again as they passed by, till she was glancing back at it over her shoulder.

“We can go in if you want,” Willow said.

“Huh-huh?” Tara stammered.

“The bookstore, we can go in. You still have money left.”

The taller blonde immediately began to shake her head. “No, we'd b-better just head b-back.”

“Do you have something else in mind to buy?”

“No,” Tara's reply was soft, hesitant. “I'm going to give the money that's left back to Giles. “

“But he wanted you to buy stuff for your room,” Willow said.

“He didn't say books,” Tara protested, still casting wistful glances back at the bookstore.

Willow stopped in the street and took both of Tara's hands in her own, looking, really looking, at her beautiful girlfriend. Tara was scared, scared of upsetting or disappointing Giles by doing something as simple as buying a book. She found herself filled with anger at the people who had hurt Tara so badly. Willow wouldn't think of them as Tara's family, because they didn't deserve the honor of having that tie to her girl.

“Giles loves books,” Willow said kindly. “I know he won't mind if you buy a few for your room. There were a bunch of empty slots on the bookshelves in there, remember?”

“Really?” Tara asked hopefully.

“Really,” Willow said firmly. “He's a librarian, remember?”

“Beautiful and smart,” Tara said, cupping Willow's cheek. “Let's go shopping.” She gave Willow a quick kiss and then pulled her toward the bookstore.

An hour and five lovingly selected hardback books later—Ten Thousand Light-Years from Home by James Tiptree, Jr., The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams, Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut, The Word for World is Forest by Ursula K. Le Guin, and Perilous Dreams by Andre Norton, each one of which made Willow love Tara more than ever—they headed back to the townhouse. Giles greeted them when they came in, sitting at his desk with a hot cup of tea, pouring over a book.

“Hi Giles,” Willow said cheerfully. “Are Buffy and Xander—”

“In Tara's room,” Giles interrupted, looking up. “Ah, I see you two were at A Turn of the Page today. Wonderful little shop. Did you find any good books? That shelf in the back has always been a bit bare.”

I told you, Willow mouthed to Tara. The blonde blushed and gave a little shrug, holding her bag of books close to her chest.

“I f-found a few, Giles,” Tara replied. “You can borrow them any time that you'd like.”

“Very kind,” Giles replied. “Willow, I assume that you'll be staying with us again since your parents won't be home until tomorrow, so we'll need to order something for dinner. Just let me know when you're hungry.”

“Would you like us to go grocery shopping for you?” Tara asked.

“Nonsense,” Giles said, polishing his glasses. “You all enjoy your evening, I have shopping on my list of things to do tomorrow while you're all out...walking about enjoying the end of your holidays.”

“He was going to say gallivanting,” Willow giggled.

“Off with you two,” Giles said, waiving his hands. “I have research to do, and it's best done in a bit of peace and quiet.”

“Fun for us and quiet for you it is,” Willow said, taking Tara by the hand and leading her off down the hall. “Have fun, Giles.”

“Don't I always?” Giles asked dryly.

Willow and Tara continued toward her bedroom without another word, clapping their hands over their mouths to keep from giggling. They found Buffy and Xander waiting for them in Tara's room. The pair sat on the end of Tara's daybed holding a huge wrapped package in between them. As soon as Buffy saw them in the doorway she began to bounce up and down excitedly.

“Where have you two been?” She squealed. “We've been waiting forever. There are presents to be opened here!”

“We've only been waiting about fifteen minutes,” Xander said, rolling his eyes. “Buffy gets a bit wiggy when there are presents around.”

“You should see her at Christmas,” Willow said with a laugh. “Ooh!” She said, her eyes going wide. “Our first Christmas! Well, I'm Jewish—”

“Thus the honored tradition of Hanumas,” Xander interjected.

“There's a present right here,” Buffy pouted.

“But our first holiday together,” Willow continued, pausing to stick her tongue out at her best friends.

“I'm Wiccan,” Tara murmured, “I usually celebrate the solstice.”

“Oh,” Willow said. “Well, that's awesome. Solstice-y goodness will abound, without a doubt.”

“Oh man,” Xander crowed. “Three holidays means three rounds of gifts. Let the first annual Hanumastice be declared!”

Willow and Tara flashed each other bright and happy grins.

“As excited as I am by the prospect of triple holiday madness,” Buffy said, “There's a perfectly good present waiting right here to be opened and if Tara doesn't get to the opening and I'm going to have to open it, and that won't be any fun at all because I already know what's inside it.”

“She's not kidding,” Willow told Tara. “You better make with the opening.”

Tara cast a shy glance around the room and reached for the large, wrapped rectangle. She seized hold of one corner of the brown butcher paper and pulled, revealing a dark frame that matched the bookshelves. She pulled another swath and the paper fell away.

“Oh wow,” she breathed.

“Do you like it?” Buffy asked eagerly. “I thought it would be the perfect thing to brighten up your new room.”

“I found the right frame,” Xander said.

“It's wonderful,” Tara replied.

Willow's heart swelled with affection for Buffy and Xander, their moments of thoughtfulness were something to be reckoned with. Somehow they'd managed to get the open mic night contest poster from the Bronze, now with a note in the corner showing Tara Giles as the winner. They'd had it matted and framed. She sidled up next to Tara, throwing an arm over her girlfriend's shoulder.

“A night to remember, huh Tara?” Willow murmured.

Tara nodded, blushing.

“Yeah, it was something when you won that contest,” Xander babbled. “Of course you weren't there when they announced it, but everybody clapped, and you didn't know it until...oh...” Xander trailed off, going red.

“And clueless boy finally finds that clue,” Buffy chuckled. “On that simultaneously romantic and awkward note, I think Xander and I should be on our way home.”

“Giles is g-going to order food later if you want to stay,” Tara said, reaching down to take Willow's hand. “You don't have to go.”

“Actually I do,” Xander said miserably. “My mom finally noticed that the turkey was still in the freezer, and thus the parents have realized that they drank their way through another Thanksgiving. So,” he said with a heavy sigh, “We're having do-over Thanksgiving, which I am most supremely not thankful for.”

“Poor Xander,” Willow sighed, patting her friend's arm.

He shrugged. “There'll be lots of food and dessert if nothing else.”

“And I'm the designated 'no friends get eaten on the way home' guide, so I'm going to take him home before I start patrol,” Buffy said. “We'll see you guys tomorrow?”

“S-Sounds good,” Tara agreed. “Thanks so much for the poster, you guys.”

“You're welcome,” Buffy chirruped. “You two enjoy reminiscing,” she said with a wink. “Good night!”

“Good night,” Willow laughed as they retreated from the room. “She's subtle,” Willow told Tara once there were alone.

“I think she's the slayer of subtle,” Tara said solemnly.

Willow and Tara stared at each other for a moment and then burst into wild laughter. They fell into each others' arms, tickling and squealing, quick little teasing kisses growing quickly into a more thorough, passionate tenderness. In the end, they were pressed body to body, Willow could feel Tara's pulse race beneath her lips, feel each inhalation and exhalation press against her chest. She couldn't hold back a groan when Tara tipped her chin up and captured her mouth again, nibbling at Willow's lower lip. Willow slipped her hands under Tara's shirt, rubbing her lower back, until they parted, breathless.

“Giles is going to order dinner soon,” Willow murmured, leaning forehead to forehead with Tara, lips brushing the blonde's lips.

“We should probably get everything set up before the food gets here,” Tara breathed, reaching up to stroke Willow's cheek.

“I find myself remarkably unmotivated to move from this spot.”

“Me too,” Tara giggled. “But just think, if we get the room finished now, we can always hit the hay early after dinner.”

“Because I get to spend the night again,” Willow said slowly, thrilled as she was reminded of Giles's invitation.

“Did you forget?” Tara teased.

“I can't be held accountable,” Willow told her. “Remember? Continually distracted by your cuteness.”

“Well,” Tara said, pecking Willow on the cheek and slipping from their embrace. “Let the power of my cuteness compel you to help me hang curtains and fairy lights?”

“As long as we don't need an old priest and a young priest,” Willow replied. When Tara bowed over with laughter, Willow took her hand and kissed it. “I love it that you got that.” She murmured as Tara blushed. “Let's get to hanging!”

The redecoration of Tara's room took a bit longer than Willow expected. The curtains were hung and the bookshelves reorganized when the doorbell rang. Giles called them to dinner to share a huge feast from the Italian place down the street. There was enough lasagna, salad, and bread sticks to feed a small army. The watcher jokingly told them that it meant there would be enough leftovers for Buffy and Xander to fight over.

Willow and Tara made quick work of their food and chatted with Giles for a little while about texts he was expecting in the next library order. As Tara and Giles began to chatter excitedly over an ancient Sumerian scroll transcription, Willow found her eyes drawn to her girlfriend. Tara's eyes were bright with joy, a blue so beautiful and clear Willow wanted to dive into them and swim forever. Giles said something that Tara found amusing and the blonde threw her head back, her neck curving and arcing gracefully. Willow felt a shiver, a heat in her belly, and licked her lips. She had to kiss her girl. And soon.

“Well,” Willow said, throwing her hands into the air with a yawn, “I guess we should get back to work on Tara's room so we don't get to bed too late.”

“Indeed,” Giles said. “Half past five, it's practically bedtime already.”

“Exactly,” Willow agreed, ignoring the sarcasm in his tone. She took Tara by the hand and began walking toward the bedroom. “Have a good night, Giles.”

“You two as well,” the watcher replied.

Willow and Tara walked back to the bedroom and Willow ushered her girlfriend in, giving her a playful swat as she walked past.

“Well,” Willow said, closing the door and leaning against it. “I think that went super smoothly.”

“Oh yes,” Tara said with a little giggle, stepping close to Willow and briefly rubbing noses with her. “I'm sure he didn't suspect a thing.”

“Are you teasing me?” Willow asked, crossing her arms even as she fought to repress a grin.

“Well, let's put it this way,” Tara said, stepping even closer, so there with within a hairsbreadth of each other. “I think you might be able to compete with Buffy for that 'slayer of subtle' title.”

“And here I was thinking I was being all stealthy,” Willow said, faking a pout.

“Speedy is far more important than stealthy when it means we get to smoochie faster,” Tara replied, leaning forward to give her quick peck on the lips.

“Very nice,” Willow said, smiling. She ducked out from under Tara's arm. “But we have fairy lights to hang.”

“Huh?” Tara asked. She turned out, looking a little stunned. “No smoochies for me?”

“Lights first, smoochies later,” Willow told her, grabbing one of the boxes from the bed. She slid her nail beneath a piece of tape and began wiggling it loose.

“Lights first, smoochies later,” Tara said softly, like an echo. She walked past Willow and picked up the other box of lights. “I guess so. I just hope that I'm not too tired after all the decorating.”

Willow's head snapped up. “Too tired for smoochies?” Too tired for smoochies? Willow's mind began to race through different scenarios of treats, teas, and massages that would restore her love's smoochie energy. She stared down at the box in her hands, mouth hanging open, and realized that someone was saying her name. She looked up at a very concerned Tara.

“Willow, what's the matter?”

“Too tired for smoochies?” Willow said.

“Rosy girl,” Tara laughed, cupping Willow's cheek. “I was only teasing. Even I'd been sleep-deprived for a week after running a marathon I would still find the energy to kiss you if you wanted to kiss me.”

“I always want to kiss you,” Willow murmured, feeling embarrassed.

“I can't believe you thought I was serious,” Tara said, smiling that perfect crooked grin.

“I'm a doofus,” Willow said. She dropped the box back on the bed and sat down next to it, pulling a pillow to her chest. “Now you know the horrible truth.”

“Hey,” Tara said, sitting down next to Willow. “You're my rosy girl, and I l-love you.”

“Even though I'm spazzy and don't get a joke?” Willow asked.

“And I'm a s-stuttering performer who d-doesn't like big crowds,” Tara replied, nudging Willow gently in the ribs. “I luh-love everything about you, Willow.”

“Really?” Willow asked. She looked into those sky-blue eyes and she could see love shining back. “I love you too, Tara.”

“And thus we're both the luckiest girls in the world,” Tara replied.

They gave each other a sweet, brief, kiss, Tara pulled open her box and handed Willow a tangle of lights to unravel.

“Time to put Willowhands to the test,” Willow said dramatically, cracking her knuckles. “Does their speed and dexterity only apply to buttons and brassieres or will it work to untangle tinkly fairy lights as well?”

“Willow!” Tara squealed, giggling as she gave the redhead's knee a swat.

“I know, I'm naughty,” Willow laughed. “A naughty doofus.”

“My naughty doofus,” Tara breathed. “Now hurry up with those lights so I can smooch my silly, naughty, rosy girl.”

“Yes ma'am!” Willow bit her tongue and got to work. Fifteen minutes to crack a Rubik's Cube. These lights don't stand a chance.

Willow was a very tired girl two hours later. It'd taken over forty five minutes to get the lights untangled, and another forty to get them hung just right so that Tara's room was filled with a soft, flickering light. After that, just when the smooching was about to commence, Willow remembered that they needed to hang the poster Buffy and Xander had brought for the room-warming. She waited patiently while Tara picked a space, and then helped to hang the heavy frame—Willow only cried a little when she hit her own thumb. It was amazing how quickly a few kisses from Tara made everything better.

Kisses on her thumb turned into kisses trailing up her wrist, and then before Willow knew it, Tara was kissing up her neck, moving up again to draw her earlobe in and nibble it gently. Willow voiced a soft moan and Tara captured her mouth, running her fingers up and down Willow's back and leaving her shivering. Tara gave her one last quick kiss and leaned back.

“To be continued in just a m-moment,” Tara breathed.

“Are you tired?” Willow asked. “Or getting sick?” She took Tara's face in her hands, biting her lip as she stared at her lover's face. “Your color is good, and you don't have any circles under your eyes. Your cheeks are kind of pink though, are you feverish? Is that a flush?”

“It is a flush,” Tara whispered, ducking her head. “But it isn't because I have a fever, rosy girl.”

“Oh? Oh,” Willow's eyes widened and she gave a cheeky grin. “So why are we making with the breaking?”

“I'm all stinky and sweaty from the decorating,” Tara replied. “I thought I would take a bath before we go to bed.”

“Don't shower on my account, you smell great.”

Tara gave Willow a tiny smile and leaned close. “You're sweet, but I want everything to be p-perfect when I spend all night holding you.”

“Honeysuckle shampoo?” Willow asked, her voice gone hoarse.

“Your wish is my command,” Tara agreed. “Why don't you m-make us some tea, and I'll be back in say, twenty minutes?”

“Don't rush,” Willow said, giving Tara a kiss. “I'll start working on that tea.”

Willow followed Tara out into the hallway, blowing her a kiss when she entered the bathroom. Tara was blushing and adorable when she closed the door. Giles was still working away at his desk, so Willow slipped into the kitchen and began gathering supplies for the tea. She filled the kettle and set it on the stove, smiling at the crackling sound the damp bottom of the teapot made as the burner heated.

“Wow Giles, do you have enough types of tea?” Willow mumbled, she'd opened his pantry to grab the tea and found literally dozens of boxes in different flavors, with green, white, and black tealeaves, caffeinated and decaffeinated. After a few minutes searching, her face brightened. “Hot cinnamon spice, that sounds promising.” And hopefully prophetic, she thought, giggling as she pulled out a few sachets.

Willow put the teabags into two large, ceramic cups and as soon as the water boiled she filled them both. She left an inch-wide gap at the top of of each cup and added a generous dollop of wildflower honey. Willow gave each cup a gentle stir, humming with delight at the rich scent of the steeping tea.

“Perfect,” she sighed. It really is perfect. I'm in love with my soul mate, she has a safe home, we're going to be able to go to school together. Life is perfect.

Willow stirred the teacups again and froze with the spoon half way to her mouth, poised to take a sip, at the sound of the doorbell ringing. She had a flash of apprehension, but then shook her head. There was no such thing as a jinx.

“Jenny!” Giles's voice rang through the apartment. The watcher sounded both surprised and delighted.

“Hello to you, Rupert. Can I come in?” Ms. Calendar's voice sounded distant, almost cold.

Willow looked down at the teacups on the counter, and the toward the bar window that opened into the living room.

“Oh, of course,” Giles replied, he sounded hesitant, his voice soft.

She knew she shouldn't, but Willow couldn't stop herself, she crept over to the bar counter and crouched down. The front door closed and she rose slowly, peering over the edge of the counter. Ms. Calendar was standing on the stoop with her arms crossed. The dark haired woman's face was pale, unsmiling. She didn't move as Giles had to reach around her to close and lock the door. Giles turned and Willow ducked back down, arms spread across the wall to keep her balance.

“Are you quite all right?” Giles asked.

“I needed to talk to you,” Ms. Calendar replied.

“Well, here I am.”

“Can we sit? Ms. Calendar asked softly.

“Yes, yes of course.”

Willow waiting to a count of fifteen and then she straightened again and watched Giles usher Jenny into the sitting area. Giles sat on the edge of the couch and Ms. Calendar paused. She looked like she was going to settle down next to him, but then she took a sudden step back and settled down in the chair instead.

“I ran into Buffy tonight while she was out on patrol,” Ms. Calendar began.

“Really? Is she—”

“She's fine, Giles.” Ms. Calendar gave a little sigh.

“Oh good, sorry I interrupted.”

“It's all right,” Ms. Calendar told him. “Giles, I'm just going to get right to the point. Buffy mentioned that Tara's going to be living here from now on?”

“Buffy told you?” Giles asked.

Willow felt her heart begin to pound. She could hear the distant sound of the shower running and made a silent prayer that Tara would take her time. Willow didn't want to think about how the tall blonde would react to the conversation that was taking place in Rupert Giles's living room.

“I don't think she planned to tell me, it just kind of slipped out.” A tiny smile flickered on Ms. Calendar's face, but it was gone again just as quickly. “You know how Buffy is when she gets excited.”

“Indeed, I have become unfortunately quiet familiar with her loquaciousness. It occurs in the most interesting and unusual of circumstances.” Willow could see Giles nodding his head thoughtfully. “I imagine it must've been a bit of a surprise.”

“It was a surprise that you were having her stay with you,” Ms. Calendar agreed, “But then Buffy explained her circumstances. Poor kid sounds like she's had a tough life.”

“I rather think that's putting it mildly.” When Giles spoke again his voice was low, choked with something Willow imagined was anger, indignation. “Tara is absolutely terrified of being discovered by her family.”

“You're doing a wonderful thing, Rupert,” Ms. Calendar replied.

“But?” Giles asked.

Jenny sighed and looked up and Willow dropped back to the floor. Her heart was racing so fast now it was like one long beat. Her chest was tight, it was hard to breathe. If Ms. Calendar was going to tell—

“Rupert I really like you,” Ms. Calendar replied. “But we just started dating, and I'm not looking for a ready-made family.”

“I see.” Giles sounded surprisingly calm.

Willow looked up and saw that Ms. Calendar had leaned forward and put her hand on the watcher's knee, but Giles hadn't moved, he was still sitting with his hands in his lap. They sat like that for over a minute, and finally Ms. Calendar leaned back with a sigh, crossing her arms.

“I'm sorry, Rupert,” Ms. Calendar said sincerely. “Maybe if we'd been able to talk about it first—”

“Forgive me for assuming that you wouldn't try to stop me from offering a home to a sweet young woman in dire straits.”

“Giles, it's wonderful that you're helping Tara, but it's a huge responsibility, have you thought about that? What if someone finds out what you've done, if her family finds her?”

“Jenny,” Giles said darkly. Willow's stomach clenched. She wondered if she was going to throw up, right there on the watcher's kitchen floor.

“No, no,” Ms. Calendar said standing. “That's not what I meant. I would never say anything to anyone. The secret is safe with me, Rupert.”

“I appreciate that, Jenny.” Giles stood too and Willow crouched a little lower, barely able to see over the edge of the counter. “I only wish that you hadn't assumed the responsibility I've taken would mean I expected the same of you. I am a Watcher, Ms. Calendar,” Giles said, standing proud and tall. “I am used to shouldering great responsibilities all on my own.”

“Of course.” Ms. Calendar ducked her head, but not before Willow saw the blush spreading across her cheeks. “Let's just take a little break, slow it down a bit, you know?”

“I think when something going slow goes slower, that's called a stop, Jenny.”

“Right,” Ms. Calendar murmured. “I still want to be part of fighting the good fight, Mr. Giles. If you need any advice on technology, or magic?”

“I know where to find you,” he replied.

There was another long stretch of silence, and then Jenny threw herself into Giles's arms. Willow felt like some kind of terrible, pervy peeping tom watching the scene taking place, and so she let herself drop back to the kitchen floor. She heard the front door open, and close, and realized that there was one sound she didn't hear anymore—the shower. Tara would be heading back to the room any minute, expecting to find Willow waiting for her with their tea. Willow shoved the tip of her thumb between her teeth a bit down to hold back a whimper. There was no time to panic, she had to get back to the bedroom.

But how could she move? If she tried to leave the kitchen, Giles would see her, and he would know that she'd been listening to Jenny Calendar drop him like a hot potato.

“You can come out now, Willow,” Giles said wearily.

Trapped like a rat, Willow thought despairingly. Like a nosy, eavesdropping rat. She forced herself to her feet and looked through into the living room. Giles was sitting on the couch again, so all she could see was his back. She stood there, cringing, trying to decide if his slumped shoulders were furious, or just weary. Willow was biting the tip of her thumb so hard now she was surprised she hadn't drawn blood.

“It's all right, Willow. I'm not angry. Please just come out. We need to talk for a moment.”

Willow dashed out of the kitchen and into the living room. Giles was staring down at his hands, his glasses discarded on the coffee table. She'd never seen the watcher look so old before, so tired.

“I'm so sorry,” Willow whispered, dropping her gaze to the floor. “I came out into the kitchen to make some tea, and then the doorbell rang and I didn't know what I should do.”

“I understand, Willow.” The watcher picked his glasses up off the table and began to polish them slowly on the corner of his shirt. “You didn't do anything wrong.”

“I shouldn't have listened.”

Willow felt her eyes begin to burn and clenched her hands into fists. She wouldn't cry. But what if the watcher was angry and he just didn't want to say? What if he wouldn't let her come over to stay with Tara anymore? There was a gentle pressure as Giles took hold of her left wrist.

“Willow.” Giles was staring at her, glasses back in place. “I am in no way angry with you, you have my word. I only wanted to talk to you to ask you not to say anything to Tara.”

“You think she'll blame herself?” Willow asked in a whisper.

“I don't want her to run, Willow.”

“She wouldn't do that, Giles.” She couldn't let the watcher see that the seven words he'd spoken hit her like a punch to the guts. It wouldn't happen, Tara wouldn't leave, wouldn't leave her, and the new life she'd just started. “She wouldn't leave me,” Willow repeated aloud. “We don't keep secrets, Giles.”

The watcher stared at her for a long moment. When he opened his mouth she was afraid he would argue with her, try to persuade her to lie, but instead he closed his mouth again and began to nod.

“I leave it up to you, Willow. She won't hear a word of it from me.”

“All right,” Willow said. “Giles I—” She wanted to tell him that she was sorry about Ms. Calendar, that she hoped he wasn't lonely, but he held up a hand.

“I'm quite all right. Don't forget your tea. The kettle will still be hot if you need to add water to warm up your mugs.”

And so Willow took the tea and she went back to Tara's room and waited. When Tara came back to the room she was rosy-cheeked, with her hair wrapped in a towel and a fluffy bathrobe pulled over her pajamas.

“Hey you,” she told Willow, smiling sweetly. “Thank you for making tea.”

“Rosenberg women are champion at boiling water. We can't do much else on the stove, but boiling water is a genetic gift.” She held a cup out to her love and Tara took a long sip.

“So yummy,” she sighed.

“I'm glad you like it, I wasn't sure what to pick.”

“Did he have more than one flavor?”

“He has more flavors than the store,” Willow said staunchly. “He should open his own tea cafe.”

Her statement set Tara laughing. She giggled away for a minute or so, and then she put her teacup down on the shelf and unwound her hair, letting it hang, bronzed with damp, over her fluffy bathrobe. She caught Willow's eye and gave her a little wink, slowly sliding the robe off and placing it on the coat hook on the back of her bedroom door. Every move she made was so smooth, so graceful, that Willow wished she could just sit and watch her, moving like magic, like grace itself through the world, until she fell asleep. Tara smiled crookedly and Willow knew it was because her girl had caught her staring, tea still waiting to be drunk. She held it up to her mouth and took several long swallows, emptying the cup. With that done, Willow set it on the counter and and moved to the bed, patting the mattress next to her.

“Aren't you going to change into your PJ's first?” Tara asked. She pulled out a set of green and blue striped pajamas and set them in Willow's lap.

Ooh, button-down pajama tops. Willow looked up to thank Tara, and noticed that her girlfriend was wearing the same style. She imagined her fingers dancing down the buttons, the silken warmth of Tara's skin. And then Willow gave herself a little internal smack, fighting the urge to shake her head. Focus, Rosenberg. You have to focus. No time for pajama fantasies right now.

“Tara,” Willow said quickly, leaning back to catch her love's gaze. “I have to tell you something.”

“Okay,” Tara replied, looking a bit nervous. “D-Did I do something--”

“No, no, it's not that,” Willow began.

She bit her lip, struggling to find words that let her say what she needed to without hurting her girl's tender heart. In the end, she couldn't think of anything but straightforward and so she gave a little shrug and launched into an explanation.

“When you were in the shower tonight, Jenny came by. That's Mrs. Calendar, my computer science teacher, you remember meeting her at the open mic night?” Tara nodded as Willow spoke. “Well, she and Giles were talking, and she knows that you're going to be living here from now on and...they broke up. Now, I don't want you to get upset, or think that this is your fault because its not,” Willow said quickly, staring down at her hands that were wringing themselves of their own accord in her lap. “Giles is really happy to have you here and Ms. Calendar really likes you too, it's just that—”

“It's okay, Willow,” Tara interrupted.

No stutter, Willow thought. She looked up into the smiling face of her girlfriend. Tara looked happy. No, she looks thrilled, Willow realized.

“Tara?” She asked.

“It's okay that they aren't seeing each other,” Tara said serenely, sitting down next to Willow and taking her hand. “Because Giles is falling for Mrs. Summers.”

Willow's eyes widened. “What? Giles and Buffy's mom? Are you sure?”

Tara nodded sagely. “And this is an aura thing. Love, it makes the soul burn brighter, makes everything brilliant and beautiful. I see it when Xander looks at Buffy, poor guy,” she said thoughtfully. “And there was a little flicker that night and the poetry jam when Giles and Ms. Calendar sat together. But with Mrs. Summers, there's a real spark there, from both of them.”

“And when I look at you?” Willow asked quietly.

“Like a star going nova,” Tara breathed, reaching out to cup Willow's cheek. Willow leaned in and stole a deep kiss full of longing.

“I wonder how Buffy will react,” Willow said when they pulled apart.

“Now that is a total non-aura issue,” Tara replied. And she wrapped her arms around Willow and pulled them backwards onto the bed, peppering Willow's face with kisses and leaving them both giggling and breathless.

“I love you,” Tara breathed, the tip of her nose barely brushing Willow's.

Willow's whole universe in that moment was Tara's sky-blue eyes, her peaches-and-cream skin, the honey gold of her hair. She'd never imagined such joy, not even in her wildest and most optimistic dreams.

“I love you so much,” Willow said, voice hoarse as a tear slipped down either cheek. “With all my heart, I love you.”

“Oh don't cry, rosy girl,” Tara soothed. She cupped Willow's face in her hands and brushed the tears away with her thumbs. “Are you okay?”

Willow nodded. She felt warmth spread through her like a tide. “I want you to meet my parents.”

Tara's eyes widened. “You want...w-what?”

“You're Tara Giles now, there's no reason to keep you a secret anymore. You can come over and hang out any time you want. Although,” Willow said after a thoughtful pause, “When you meet my mother you might—”

(Cont. Below)

Last edited by LonelyTara on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:55 pm 

dibs?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:56 pm 

(Part 2 of the post)

Tara interrupted her with a kiss. “I'd love to meet my future in-laws.”

The warmth curled from her head to the tips of her toes. “Your future in-laws,” Willow sighed happily. “I love that you called them that.”

“So w-when am I meeting them?”

“Tomorrow?” Willow asked quickly. She rested her hands atop Tara's where they still pressed gently against her face.

“Eager are we?” Tara laughed.

“Eager for smoochies,” Willow replied.

“That can definitely be arranged.”

Willow closed her eyes as Tara captured her lips, moving closer to feel the warmth of the girl who'd captured her heart so completely. You make me feel like my life is perfect, Willow thought to Tara as their mouths shifted in caresses of lip, tongue. Like I'm perfect.

You and me, Tara thought in reply. Perfect.

Willow could only nod in reply.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:09 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Um, I'm claiming quasi-dibs since this is technically the first comment after the finished thing!!

Good holy moly this is wonderfully long!

*cracks knuckles to prepare and read*

Quote:
“And I don’t mind that you two were kissing,” Buffy said nonchalantly as she paused in the doorway.

:D I actually like Buffy in your story!

Quote:
Comfort power, activate,

Secret lesbian superpower #4!

Quote:
Before Willow had a chance to react, Tara’s warm hands had slipped under her nightshirt to cup her breasts.

And there's #5

Quote:
“Milk, please.” ... “Milk does a body good!”

I'm appreciating the milk love in this story. Such an underated beverage.

Quote:
“Consider it seventeen years of back birthday and Christmas presents from Uncle Giles,” the watcher said. “Please.”

Much :love Giles. Much :love

Quote:
Giles smiled at Joyce with an affection that left Willow feeling a bit startled

Aww, is there some Joyce/Giles love a-brewing? I like Jenny muchly but Joyce could use some love! We need a kissing emoticon for them too!

Quote:
“I used to love Count Chocula but now whenever I see the box I picture him leaping off and trying to drink my blood with game face on. Not very appetizing.”

Damn vamps ruining delicious cereal.

Quote:
“Fairy lights, for you.” Willow replied. “I'll help you hang them if you want.”

I love those damn fairy lights! :p And they call for much needed fairy-light snuggles!

Quote:
I think grown up gay people think it's really cute when LGBT kids are out on dates and stuff.”

Everybody should think it's cute when LGBT kids are out on dates :D

Quote:
“I love it that you got that.”

I love moments like that when you make the most obscure reference ever and your girlfriend/friend/whoever just gets it instantly.

Quote:
Willow's head snapped up. “Too tired for smoochies?” Too tired for smoochies? Willow's mind began to race through different scenarios of treats, teas, and massages that would restore her love's smoochie energy. She stared down at the box in her hands, mouth hanging open, and realized that someone was saying her name. She looked up at a very concerned Tara.

“Willow, what's the matter?”

“Too tired for smoochies?” Willow said.

:rofl Poor Willow, she really is very tease-susceptible, isn't she?

Quote:
And hopefully prophetic

I second that hope!

Quote:
loquaciousness.

Awesome word.

Quote:
Willow closed her eyes as Tara captured her lips, moving closer to feel the warmth of the girl who'd captured her heart so completely. You make me feel like my life is perfect, Willow thought to Tara as their mouths shifted in caresses of lip, tongue. Like I'm perfect.

More :love

And wowsa, meeting the parents!? That's gonna be interesting!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Last edited by Laragh on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:15 pm 

damn... that's fair though :P

I love how nerdy they both are (I caught a few of those references!) but they're so sweet and cute together! I loved Xander being awkwardly honest about how hot Tara is :) And I'm glad that things are lining up so well for them (so far) Hopefully Will's parents won't crap all over it :/ And I liked the hints about Joyce and Giles (and what Tara said about the sparks - very sweet!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:08 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I wonder if there is going to be Angelus badness and dead Jenny in the future... I'm glad that Tara agreed to meet her "future in-laws"... Big yay for Tara seeing Joyce's & Giles' auras that they are very interested in each other....

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:27 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I have the feeling Buffy's reaction upon realizing that Giles is falling for her mom is going to be quite interesting, lol. I'm sorry I've never reviewed before, but I really love the story!!! (I may have reviewed on ff.net though, I don't remember!) It's so sweet, and refreshing, and it feels exactly like what the show should have been like.

Can't wait for the next update, keep up the awesome job!! :party

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:31 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Again, happy for the update, and I'm not sure which one made me happier!

So many little sweet things in this one. Their shared lunch, the poster Buffy & Xander had framed for Tara - talk about thoughtful! - the sparks between Giles and Joyce, meeting future in-laws...

I can't wait for more Robin! I love both of your stories.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:33 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Eek, update! :D.
I loved all of this, from 'wake-up kissage' to 'meet my folks' :D.
Buffy catching them was funny, I could just imagine their faces :').
Giles telling Tara to make the room more hers was sweet :)
The shopping trip was awesome, as was the gay grumpy woman :')
Buffy and Xander are so sweet <3 brilliant idea of theirs, the poster!
When Jenny showed up and Willow told Tara, I admit I was expecting guilt, tears and possibly goodbyes D: but then Tara makes everything perfect!
And this;

Quote:
“And when I look at you?” Willow asked quietly.

“Like a star going nova,” Tara breathed, reaching out to cup Willow's cheek.

Wow with a capital W! :D

Quote:

Perfect end to a wonderful chapter :)
I look forward to more! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:31 pm 

Great update.... I'm glad to see Tara and Giles settling in well 2gether. After the hell like conditions that Tara had 2 grow up in, She deserves someone as loving and caring as Giles to provide some parental stability...and Giles deserves to have a loving family as well....Gotta say, I won't be 2 upset to see Giles and Joyce make a go at a little domestic bliss, I kind of expected that to be the outcome in the series after the events of band candy!!! Anywhoo's, i'm gonna enjoy this moment of peace for our scooby gang. Because, I know it's only a matter of time b4 the Maclay clan comes to town..and all hell breaks loose!. :mad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:49 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
*sigh*

Where do I start, Robin?

So many incredible, spot-on, WONDERFUL moments! :flower

Quote:
“You should see her at Christmas,” Willow said with a laugh. “Ooh!” She said, her eyes going wide. “Our first Christmas! Well, I'm Jewish—”

“Thus the honored tradition of Hanumas,” Xander interjected.

“There's a present right here,” Buffy pouted.

“But our first holiday together,” Willow continued, pausing to stick her tongue out at her best friends.

“I'm Wiccan,” Tara murmured, “I usually celebrate the solstice.”

“Oh,” Willow said. “Well, that's awesome. Solstice-y goodness will abound, without a doubt.”

God, the perfectly in character wit and repartee! Joy jolts all over my brain!!!!! :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Quote:
“Good night,” Willow laughed as they retreated from the room. “She's subtle,” Willow told Tara once there were alone.

“I think she's the slayer of subtle,” Tara said solemnly.

Again with the wit, already!!! :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

Quote:
Giles said something that Tara found amusing and the blonde threw her head back, her neck curving and arcing gracefully. Willow felt a shiver, a heat in her belly, and licked her lips. She had to kiss her girl. And soon.

Romantic, tender, and utterly lovely . . . :blush

Very good writing, wow! More than that, so loving and wonderful and utterly delightful (not to mention delicious!) Got the nod, and thanks! :blush

So you only made one incredible mistake! And that is doubting yourself for even a minute, doofus!

Thank you for so much warmth and talent and such a wonderful story.

Ariel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay, an update!

I’d almost forgotten what happened in the last chapter, but it made reading this one all the more enjoyable by remembering. I love that Giles insisted that Tara really start settling in and decorating her room. Nice touch with the fairy lights, by the way.

Hanumastice! Brilliant. Love that Xander.

Hmm, I was a little sad when Jenny broke up with Giles, but then Tara mentioned Joyce and I had an ‘Oh yeah!’ moment from the beginning of the chapter, and I couldn’t believe I didn’t remember you bringing that up earlier. It just makes such sense. And also, I really, really love how defensive Giles was about having Tara stay with him, that he's willing to give up someone that he really likes to make sure Tara is happy and safe. Warms my heart.

Quote:
Tara interrupted her with a kiss. “I'd love to meet my future in-laws.”

Aww. Looking forward to this meeting and hoping that Sheila and/or Ira don't screw it up for them.

Again, wonderful stuff, and looking forward to more!

Laura. :peace

In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
-Anon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:20 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Hi Robin!

Wow, that was quite an update! I sure hope this doesn't mean that it will be a loooooong time between updates? I loved everything that you covered in this chapter...but it seems a little 'too perfect,' if you get my drift. I found myself feeling a little uneasy thinking that Daddy Maclay is lurking out there somewhere in the shadows. I'm sincerely hoping that this is just my paranoia kicking in.

Quote:
“You’re beautiful when you blush,” Tara murmured.

“Really?” Willow squeaked, feeling her face grow even warmer. Everywhere Tara’s skin touched her own there was a tingle like a mild electric current moving between them.

“You’re beautiful when you aren’t blushing too,” Tara replied, moving closer. “You’re always beautiful.”

This was truly an enchanting and enjoyable moment between two people in love. These are the little moments that really matter.

-I loved the shopping trip, Xander being the 'bag man' and the little moments the girls shared during their excursion. Just a typical group of teens out having fun! It's nice to see after all the angst and worry over Tara's living arrangements. It's almost as if it never happened...typical teen mindset, lol.

Quote:
A very grumpy looking woman with iron gray hair was staring at them.

I'm laughing as I type this because, right after I read it, I had to go get some copies made and the cashier was clearly a lesbian. Right down to her big honkin' rainbow earrings and all I could think about was this fic!!! I said, "Hey, I like your earrings," and she just stared at me and said, "Uh huh"...a total grump. I could barely keep it together. :rofl

Quote:
Willow's heart swelled with affection for Buffy and Xander, their moments of thoughtfulness were something to be reckoned with. Somehow they'd managed to get the open mic night contest poster from the Bronze, now with a note in the corner showing Tara Giles as the winner. They'd had it matted and framed.

Incredibly sweet and thoughtful! Something I always thought Buffy was lacking in the show.

Quote:
“Oh yes,” Tara said with a little giggle, stepping close to Willow and briefly rubbing noses with her. “I'm sure he didn't suspect a thing.”

I love it when Tara gets her sarcasm on!

Quote:
“Rupert I really like you,” Ms. Calendar replied. “But we just started dating, and I'm not looking for a ready-made family.”

WTF? Bitch. Sorry, that's the first thing that came to mind and I thought I'd share! Bravo to Giles for standing his ground.

Quote:
“Well, she and Giles were talking, and she knows that you're going to be living here from now on and...they broke up.

Big YAY for Willow being honest and trusting Tara enough to tell her. Secrets are bad.

One last thought...Willow coming out to her parents: She was pretty flippant in regards to telling them, as if, Hey no big," and Tara hanging out at her house. Somehow I for see this backfiring on her. This is the woman that wouldn't let Buffy sleep over during her out of town trips, how is she going to accept Willow's homosexuality? We'll see.

Fantastic update!!! Loved, loved, loved it!!!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:01 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I'm wondering if Jenny kinda seperating from the Scoobies will save her from the Angelus badness. It was kinda sad that they broke up, but I love how adamantly Giles defended Tara. And I love the whole rest the fic, and this update.

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:23 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Loved the update. I like Giles even more after every update. It was nice of him to give Tara cash so she was able to shop and decorate her room the way she wants too. Sad to see that Jenny and Giles are no more but I agree that Giles and Mrs. Summers would make a better couple. Glad that Tara wasn't upset when Willow told her what Jenny and Giles discussion was about. Looking forward to the next update.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:09 pm 
3. Flaming O

Just found this story the other day and finally caught up. I love the interactions between the characters and Willow and Tara are adorable.m And Giles amuses me greatly, asking Willow's intentions and then offering the money to Tara.

I hope that my story turns out as well as yours is.

Tara ended up next to Oz in the elevator. He looked at her, nodding to himself.
"What?" She asked.
"You look good. Kinda radiant."
Tara nodded. "I was resurrected a few days ago."
Oz arched an eyebrow. "That'll do it."
-Dark Congress

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:56 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great update. I loved when Buffy caught Willow and Tara. (Not the actual interruption, but the conversation about it.)

I loved that Giles gave Tara money to decorate her room. It's clear that her father still has an influence over her (i.e. thinking that she should give the extra money back because "books aren't decorations" as if.)

Too bad for Giles and Jenny, but I look forward to seeing Buffy react to her mom and Giles dating. I liked that Tara brought up Xander and Buffy. Male geeks need love too.

Can't wait for the next update.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:45 am 
9. Gay Now

Ok, so i have a new fave (Besides How i Met Your Mother)

This is one of the happiest stories i have read and i love it.
Angst-lite and sugary sweet without being awful.
This is my absolute favourite Giles ever!
I love this Giles, the man is a frikkin' hero.
I hope he gets some quality Summers snuggles and smoochies.
(That's mom by the way...) :flower

Please update, i mean it! this is awesome. So few stories are this universally happy.
:)

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:05 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Holy crap! This story is amazing! Why didn't they let you be one of the writers on Buffy? Seriously this plot line would slide in with the existing story with very few tweaks. Did I mention I love this story? Please, please update soon!

~Leo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7