The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Menorah Tales - Update 12/15
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:19 pm 
8. Vixen

Finally, an update!! Havent started reading Waiting for Dani yet but I will do so soonish.
Another sweet Hanukkah installment! Although I have to agree that something seems not-so-right in the WT world. Well, we'll see what you have in store for us next... in the not so distant future i hope!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:08 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

What a wonderful update Debra! and what a great break from wrapping presents last minute haha. It was so well written as always. Now I'm off to start catching up on Waiting for Dani : )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:55 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
At last! A very skilfully-handled reunion chapter - technically that began last chapter, but now Willow and Tara are properly back together. I like the different feel of their relationship, compared to earlier in the story - it's not just that they're avoiding what drove them apart before, but that they're much more adult in all ways now. But they haven't lost the essence of their original attraction, and I imagine there'll always be a part of them that're a pair of giddy teenagers - just that now their adult selves know when to step in and take the reins.

Not unlike Waiting for Dani, in that sense - it's about children becoming adults and learning how to be adults, and trying (with varying degrees of success along the way) not to lose what they hold dear as children.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:13 am 
8. Vixen

I'm late, I know (what else is new? you must be wondering, lol) Sorry? :blush

I loved, loved, loved the update. I loved that they're back together, that Willow's family is so supportive and that they know each other so well.
But what I love the most about this update is that you show us how commited Willow is to making things work with Tara.

As a researcher I know how hard it is to keep your priorities straight. You tend to think that your significant other (and the rest of the world, for all that matters) understands how important your work is to you ('how could they not understand, right?') and that they don't mind the neglect. So you do it over and over again, granted...not on purpose, but it ends up hurting the relationship anyway. It always surprises me how easy it is to hurt the ones we love the most. Maybe it's like that 'cause we naively assume that since they love us they will always forgive us. To recognize that, and take a step back from it is really hard, requires maturity and certainly deserves credit. So YAY, WILLOW! I stand up and bow in your general direction again.

I was not really bothered about the lack of info on Tara's front. The hopeless romantic in me wants to believe that their connection is so strong that neither of them even considered being with someone else while whey were apart but the likelihood of that is, well...i dunno. Guess I just agree with Ira and the whole 'water under the bridge' thought. I wish, though, that you'd tell us about the things that were driving us kittens crazy. Like Frank and stuff. But I trust that you will if those things are truly relevant to the story. I am more amazed by the way you've shown us how Tara has grown since that first chapter. I'm loving the woman she's becoming.

I told you in my feedback for your Christmas Series story that you've spoiled us with the quality of your writing. I don't want you to take it the wrong way. You *are* an excellent writer and as a reader I just know that you always put a lot of work and effort in everything you write so every story and every update is always a treat. I don't think being used to or even expect high-quality writing from you -- or any of the talented writers here -- is the cause or an excuse for the lack of feedback (well, not *lack* of feedback, but we all know that it has decreased in the last year or so). I'm a reader and it takes me ages to post feedback even when/if I read updates as soon as they're posted. So I take my share of the blame. I'm lazy, and I apologize. *sigh* :paranoid

I know Dani is # 1 in your priority list, but this story is so dear to me. I hope you find time to update it soon.

Thanks for a wonderful update.:smug

PS: Is your finger fully recovered?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:33 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Wow. I kind of suck. I just got a note that I had fb on this story and lo and behold: I had two that I had not responded to. Sorry for the delay.

WillowRulez – Hello there and sorry for the long delay in responding. I just kind of flaked out and didn’t notice the feedback. Sorry. I’m glad you liked the update and hope you’ve started on Waiting. It’s really my kind of serious effort right now with this being a fun thing to write and update. It’s actually a nice change of pace for me. Interesting that you agree that something seems not so right. We’ll see. Thanks.

WillowRTaraM1 – Hello. As above, sorry for the delay. Ha ha to getting a break from wrapping. I hope you had a good holiday. Thanks so much.

Chris – At last? But it’s only been, 3 updates? Ha ha. Ok, 3 years may be a bit but …I agree with you that the girls are much more adult than before and are actually working to avoid the pitfalls they encountered before. I like the idea that they still have that giddy teenager part of them and certainly agree.
Quote:
Not unlike Waiting for Dani, in that sense - it's about children becoming adults and learning how to be adults, and trying (with varying degrees of success along the way) not to lose what they hold dear as children.
A very good and true observation.

Thanks.

Kaia I’m starting at the end.
Quote:
PS: Is your finger fully recovered?
Actually your suggestion that I exercise it in warm water was really helpful. In fact, when I finally got in at the PT, she emphasized how helpful heating the finger before doing my exercises is so I generally use a heat pad or just put it up against the vents in my car and then exercise but I also exercise it in the shower every day. I would say that until 3 days ago it was probably 85% better but Asher kicked it really hard the other day and now I’d say it’s more like 65% recovered. So I’m back to my constant bending and unbending and squeezing a soft ball and all that. It doesn’t bother me to write or do normal things: just picking stuff (including Asher) up or trying to open jars or stuff like that. Thanks for asking.

Anyway, to your feedback (thank you).

I’m glad you loved the update. I wanted to make the kittens happy for the holidays. I agree that Willow is finally very committed to Tara—not just to knowing that they love each other and believing that Tara will be a “stand by” or whatever, but really being committed to doing what she needs to do to make their relationship work.

I think that some of what you say about researchers can be said for anyone with a job or vocation/hobby that is very very important to them. They may think that their significant other supports that pursuit with equal passion and the significant other may do so or may very much so resent it. There is a runner, Dean Karnazeswho runs ultramarathons. I mean really. He recently ran 50 marathons in 50 days in 50 states. Wow. One of the things I find most amazing about him is that he has a wife and 2 kids who support that and love their life with him. I feel like they deserve as much praise as he does. I digressed but I believe that they are the exception rather than the rule in most relationships.

I hear what you’re saying about wanting to believe that they were both “faithful” while they were broken up and at the same time I always find it a little sad when I read fics (and I’ve written at least one or two) where the person has “waited” and I feel like that’s really sad. I mean being single and alone and heartbroken and celibate for three years would be a long time. So…
Quote:
I wish, though, that you'd tell us about the things that were driving us kittens crazy. Like Frank and stuff. But I trust that you will if those things are truly relevant to the story.
Thanks for the trust. I’m consciously trying to put more of a burden of imagination on my readers these days so… imagine away.

I agree that Tara has really become a different and more mature woman since the first update. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments on my writing and the quality thereof.
Quote:
I know Dani is # 1 in your priority list, but this story is so dear to me. I hope you find time to update it soon.
I’ll put it on my list but as you say, Dani is priority #1 right now.

Thanks for the feedback

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:44 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hi I was just wondering something ... in the disclaimer for this fic it mentions a prequel called Friendly Friends. However, when I click on the link it takes me to a story called Once More with Fruitcake. Did the name of the prequel get changed or is the link screwed?

Any help would be great! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:49 am 
4. Extra Flamey

LittleBit wrote:
Hi I was just wondering something ... in the disclaimer for this fic it mentions a prequel called Friendly Friends. However, when I click on the link it takes me to a story called Once More with Fruitcake. Did the name of the prequel get changed or is the link screwed?

Any help would be great!

Hi LittleBit,

Friendly Friends was just one of the wonderful tales included in the holiday compilation "Once More With Fruitcake". Allow me a brief aside to send a shout out to all of the authors who worked on that project. It was fantastic! Now, back to your question. Friendly Friends starts on the 2nd page of the Fruitcake discussion list.

Hope this help!

Last edited by mole on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:09 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Thanks heaps for Mole for letting me know! ;D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:21 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Justskipit I was wondering now that Waiting for Danny is finished are you picking this story back up?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:01 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Mole - Thanks for answering LB's question.

LB - Thanks for your interest. I hope you're enjoying it.

whatmakesyouhappy - Well, it's on the list. Unfortunately, my work has become very very busy so I have very little time for writing these days. But I'm not abandoning this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:45 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Well Justskipit you know what they say the best things in life are worth the wait. :party

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:51 pm 
9. Gay Now

*bump*

dreidle, dreidle, dreidle I made you out of clay
hanukah's approaching, it'll be here wed-nes-day :-D

I made it up

I was looking at my calendar today and noticing that a certain holiday was fast approaching... I am fully aware that life has made the author of this amazing story a wee bit otherwise-occupied, so I am not expecting an update out of the bump (although I wouldn't cry about it if it happened).

I just thought that folks who hadn't read it might be interested this time of year. I know I am. It's practically a holiday tradition!

db

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:16 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

whatmakesyouhappy - thanks.

db - When I got the notice that this was commented, I knew it would be from you. Speaking of which, Happy Hanukkah! I hope you had a good one. We had the traditional fried catfish or fried shrimp and fries. Ok, the fried part was traditional, the other was ironically traef (sp). My brother's family came over of course and we ate, then exchanged presents. Wonderful.

But writing this story? Hmmm. Not really. I've got one almost ready for another series in another day but I think ... well, I don't see how you could consider it in this universe. Tee hee.

Sorry to say no update.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:31 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey, JustSkipIt,

Just wanted to pop in and say, "Hey."

So, uh, "hey," I guess. ;-)

I can't leave FB without telling you what a really excellent storyteller you are. I read the first two updates, and I'm thinking, Wow. And also, Wow. And this sweetness is written by the same author who wrote the hotness that is Working It Out and Please, the Series.

And then I was cursing Ant right along with everyone else and *a little bit* Willow too for being so stubborn. And then it broke my heart where Tara saw her dancing through the window instead of coming out in the snow to get her girl back. Broke it, I tell you. Right in half.

And I'm pulling and pulling for them to reconcile and for Willow to swallow her pride and for Tara to swallow hers and then you hit us with that gut-wrenching dedication in Tara's book.

And I cried.

I really did. I sat right here in this chair, and I teared right up.

Such a great story. Really great. Thanks for telling it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:49 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I jus re-read this story. I love it so much. Please update soon. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:21 pm 
3. Flaming O

Well I have read this fic 4 times now lol , thousands of fics on line to read and I'm stuck on this one ! lol I love it , the story line is wonderful , the writin style is wonderful as well, or well I should say as always , you are such an amazing writer , I get so intranced by your writings its just lovely anyhow I'm hoping there will be an update at some point but it doesn't matter to me I'll just keep rereading until there is one !

thanks so much for the post !

Luv April K

""Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. ""

"Xander" Willow smiles "It's Tara" then she slowly stands and follows the little light whipping around her head ..

Xander looks confused "And ....how long have you known your girlfriends tinkerbell?" He asks with a smile as he follows Willow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:44 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

is this still being updated?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

:( You gave me false hope when I saw this at the top of the list with "Updated" in the title. Please, pretty please, JustSkipIt, can we have some more? :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Well geez. It looks like I’ve let some feedback go by without responding. Very poor form on my part and I can only apologize for that.

taraslove – Well hey right back.

Thanks for your compliments. I like to think that I have a varied body of work and you point out Please but there’s some kind of sweet and romantic an even a few G-rated pieces out there as well.

Quote:
And then I was cursing Ant right along with everyone else and *a little bit* Willow too for being so stubborn. And then it broke my heart where Tara saw her dancing through the window instead of coming out in the snow to get her girl back. Broke it, I tell you. Right in half.
Quite understandable.

Quote:
And I'm pulling and pulling for them to reconcile and for Willow to swallow her pride and for Tara to swallow hers and then you hit us with that gut-wrenching dedication in Tara's book.

And I cried.

I really did. I sat right here in this chair, and I teared right up.
Well cool. I mean cool that my story touched you like that. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks so much.

Pepper – Hello and welcome. I’m not really working on an update but I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it so far.

Shadowygirl – I totally get you about rereading. There are fics I’ve read 10 or more times. Thanks so much for your compliments. I’m not working on an update but that doesn’t mean that I’ll never do it.

Thanks again.

sdvny620 – Hello and welcome to the board. I have not updated it and am not working on and update but plan to do so someday…

magicdanw - ( You gave me false hope when I saw this at the top of the list with "Updated" in the title…[/quote]Yeah, that can be frustrating. At least there’s a date that it was updated there.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: update from Just Skip it
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:28 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

realized that you are the parent of small children, now I understand the lags. You are a great writer and have gotten many nights of enjoyment out of reading your stuff. Looking forward to seeing anything you have to write. As the parent of two little ones, I understand that priorities have to change. :sigh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:13 pm 
3. Flaming O

In the beginning I thought that this was such a cute story. Then as Willow and Tara grew up, the plot became more complex, just like in real life. I couldn't stop reading, I just had to know if they got back together. I would really have liked to be able to "hear" Tara's poems, not just the titles. I thought that really would add to the story, giving more about Tara's mind (especially That Curve of Your Hip). I noticed that this story was not in the completed archives, can I hope for an update?? Pretty Please. I would love to see them get engaged, a wedding and a happily ever after.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:22 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

sdvny620 – Wow. You posted this a long time ago and I never responded. I'm so sorry.
Quote:
realized that you are the parent of small children, now I understand the lags.
I appreciate the understanding but it's actually more a matter of my job. I do most of my writing at work and my work has been very busy the past six months or so. Thanks so much.

em317 – Thanks. I think that I planned it pretty much like you described with them moving from sweet kids to complex human beings with conflicts and issues to work through.
Quote:
I would really have liked to be able to "hear" Tara's poems, not just the titles. I thought that really would add to the story, giving more about Tara's mind (especially That Curve of Your Hip).
I think that many readers agree with you but I also think that anyone who read Survivor: Ash Island knows how bad my poetry is. Yes, I plan to update someday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:41 pm 
3. Flaming O

Lol looks like everyone beat me to telling you how amazing your story is. You're one of my favorite FF writers. I hope you update this soon. I honestly don't have a social life. So if you someday decided to update, you'd give me something to look foreward to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:13 am 
12. Recently Gay

Hey Debra :wave

Do you know, I've been a Kitten for a few years now and I've only just stumbled on to 'Menorah Tales' :wtf Can't believe it's taken me so long to find, but I'm glad I found it :)

I'm really really enjoy these yearly views of Willow's and Tara's lives together, and for a little while a part. You can really see the progression of the cute and loving relationship, but also the progression of them growing up as two individual people. I'm really enjoying it.

I'd love to see an update soon, but I know how life can get so I understand the delay.

Take care. X Rachel X

Wishing Peace, light and love to everyone.
Tara: 'Can we just skip it? Can, can you just be kissing me now?'
Tara: 'I am you know' Willow: 'What?' Tara 'yours'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:09 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Once again hello,

I've already told you how much I enjoy your style and it holds true here as well.

Being new to the site and this whole genre, I am still floored by the sheer amount of work that is out there based on these two. You can say I got on the bandwagon quite late as some of what I am reading is almost a decade old at this point but I have to say you are one of the better writers out here doing this and for no other reasons than you enjoy it (I don't think anyone getting paid).

I keep watching for anything new as I'm sure I'll enjoy seeing what new directions you go in.

Cheers!

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:09 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

WrongObsession – Wow. Sorry that it’s taken me so long to reply. I guess I just lost track and didn’t really notice until this latest comment that there were three comments waiting.

I’m glad that you love this story and so happy to be a favorite.

Quote:
I hope you update this soon. I honestly don't have a social life. So if you someday decided to update, you'd give me something to look foreward to.
Lol. Well, my immediate goal is to complete Working it Out and then I’ll come back to this one.

Thanks for commenting.

Yours – And another apology for taking so long to respond to your comments. My bad.

Quote:
Do you know, I've been a Kitten for a few years now and I've only just stumbled on to 'Menorah Tales' Can't believe it's taken me so long to find, but I'm glad I found it
Well welcome to the party. I guess one of the great things about DCP is that sometimes you can come late to a story and it’s still being updated.

I’m glad you like the yearly views. It’s fun to write that way and it gives the reader lots of room to fill in spaces in her own imagination.

Quote:
You can really see the progression of the cute and loving relationship, but also the progression of them growing up as two individual people.
Well put.

Again a request for an update: I have the next two planned but I want to get Working it Out completed first. Then I’ll return to this.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

vampyregurl73 - Hi, Heather and welcome to the thread. I appreciate your comments about my style.

Quote:
Being new to the site and this whole genre, I am still floored by the sheer amount of work that is out there based on these two.
Yes, it’s quite amazing and some of these stories are 50,000 – 100,000 words long. It’s a lot of writing.

Quote:
You can say I got on the bandwagon quite late as some of what I am reading is almost a decade old at this point
I find it amazing that it still holds up but I’m still enjoying it so I’m glad you are.

Quote:
but I have to say you are one of the better writers out here doing this
Well thank you so much. In case you haven’t found it, I have much more over in the Completed Fic Archives. I’d say my favorites of mine are:

Waiting for Dani

Shadow & Sunlight

Paths Diverged Divulged

But I also like Survivor: Ash Island or School Days for a fun read. And heck, enjoy anything you find. I have plenty scattered in challenge and corroborative threads as well.

Thanks for your comments.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:23 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Oh my, this fic, this fic...it's so beautiful and heart-wrenching and then transcendentally triumphant...I hope you'll update soon, and that all is well with you and yours!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:44 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

LonelyTara - I've got 2 updates planned in my head but my writing time is going toward Working It Out. I'll try though. Thanks for the fb and bump.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:07 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Resubscribing.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:50 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
So, I love this story. Like love love. The number of warm fuzzies I got from reading this was off the charts! And then of course the angst. Not that I enjoy the angst, just what comes after it :wtkiss Besides which the characters are awesomely well developed. And I cannot get enough of the Hannukah theme. I literally smell burning candles and frying latkes as I'm reading this. Sometimes it's so easy to make Willow and Tara static characters when writing a story cuz they seem like they should just always be in love period. But they really are as dynamic as you've made them in this story and you really do justice to exactly how deep their connection runs. It's always good to see that happen. By the by, what was that big important thing a few chapters back that you were hinting at? You might have addressed it somewhere, I didn't read through the feedback responses so carefully, but it's dot so darn curious! Anyhoo, looking very much in the direction of forward for your next update (soon maybe?? :pray ) Thank you for enriching my life with this awesomeness!

~J.J.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next