The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Simple Pleasures Thursday MKF (2/27/03)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:10 am 
Ok, I don't see a MKF for today so I'll take the plunge. My first MKF. :)

Simple Pleasures - you know those little, seemingly unimportant things (aka not like your family or friends) that add to the quality of your life.

What little pleasures get you through a bad day?
What little vices do you think Tara and Willow have?

For me, a crappy day is greatly improved by a cup of tea. I am a tea addict - herbal or traditional (looseleaf) - I love the stuff. I also love malt whiskey at the end of the day. Yummm and warm in my tummy.
(I'm embracing my inner Giles).

This board is rapidly becoming a little vice!
I also find the right music at the right time can do wonders at helping me through the day.

I could see Tara as a herbal tea drinker and it's a pretty good guess that Willow's computer is one of her simple pleasures!
Hope this isn't a lame thread.
xo,
Bronwyn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:35 am 
A few crackers, with bits of cheese on them - microwaved. Mmm-mmm.

Or, if there's time, a full-on grilled cheese sandwich, no skimping on the ketcup.

Or, finding just the perfect old book you haven't read in years and can curl up with again. That's awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:33 am 
Theses days, it's the freakin ice cream.. I think I'm gonna get an Ice cream overdose :| usually, my vice is fast food.. mcdonalds lol. something like that.. I don't have much vices.. I'm not really in the "routine" i hate that.

BUT this board is becoming a vice for me too.. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:20 am 
Sadly, a recent simple pleasure that I have been overindulging in is.....drumroll......
:clap Drumsticks Fudge Sundae Cones.:clap
Oh. My. God. are these things wonderfully addictive. :bounce My gf and I can't keep them in the freezer longer than a day.

And, of course, I would not feel right about myself if I did not add that this board, with all the Different Colored Pens goodness is certainly a simple pleasure. I pretty much escape here, a lot right now, due to work being so unstable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:27 am 
Mine has to be Coca cola - I love it and iam totally addicted to it (caffinee) :party
Also polos or chewing gum if iam stresses!!! i guess it keeps my mouth occupied and stops me moaning :lol

As mentioned before, this board is a vice too, plus surfing the net for insane and wacky sites

I would think willow and taras vicese are....SEX :rofl , seriously thoughm i would see willow surfing on the net or watching cartoons and tara making pancakes :D

Caz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:24 am 
Right now, sleep would be a simple pleasure. I'm not ashamed to say that I've been asleep for about 12 hours straight through. And I know there's more to come. Heh. I'm all headachey and blurry because I just can't sleep...

Simple pleasures though; cuppa tea. Decent bread. Cheese. That's about all it takes to make me happy. No, seriously. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:41 am 
My favorite simple pleasure these days is a cup of hot cocoa in the morning when I get to work. It's been raining nonstop for a few days, an odd enough occurence in southern California. The weather has put me in a profoundly bookwormish mood, too. I guess books count as a simple pleasure, don't they? Burying my nose in a book on my lunch break every day this week. And naps. Oh how I wish I could have one right about now. :pray

And the company of my bint. Perhaps not so simple, but certainly always a pleasure. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:44 am 
A cuppa Earl Grey, I glass of Penfolds Bin 128, listening to any Opera. See I'm not a difficult person to make happy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:06 am 
I love it when there's no traffic on the motorway, and I can drive home from work with no stress

..that and marmite on cold toast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:18 am 
Simple pleasures; coffee, dippy eggs & soliders and being able to sit outside on my tea breaks at work. That's about it really. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:06 pm 
new guitar strings - so crisp and shiney and they feel so smooth on your fingers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:07 pm 
Simple things hmm...a warm blanket, cup of tea and good book. But the one thing that makes me smile the biggest is getting a text message on my cell while I'm at work. I know then that someone is thinking about me. Usually, its my mom though. But I still smile.

Love to All,
Barb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:08 pm 
OH yeah, before I dropped school, I had to get up every morning at 5:30 and I had an hour of travelling to go to school.. so in the morning.. an "at-least-30-mins-HOT-shower" otherwise I'd be mad at everybody all day.. I had to get music in the car, get a seat in the subway AND get my hot chocolate before my 8am class.. Not really pleasures.. more like.. much-needed things to help me not being a real bitch all day with my friends ;P I hate getting up early, I hate being awaken by a freaking machine and I hate going to school so.. :p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:15 pm 
Mmmm...it's got to be some really dark chocolate or some strong Cheddar cheese and crackers,. Or maybe a glass of Jack Daniels, then there's pancakes with fresh raspberries + vanilla ice cream + dark choc shavings or goats cheese + onion + spinich tart with cherry tomatoes...Mmmm.

God , I feel so hungry now - think I'll just fix all of the above and watch a favourite movie !! :peace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:47 pm 
Playing with my niece and nephew, hot chocolate, Kim Possible, curling up with a good book, taking a nice long walk on a warm summer day (yeah, keep dreaming).

Firefoot
-----

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:51 pm 
Simple pleasures...puddle-jumping in the rain, then coming inside and warming up by a fire with a blanket, a good book, and something warm to drink...seeing a baby or a toddler smile or laugh...finding money in a pocket...simple acts of kindness and courtesy, like someone holding a door open for you...a really, really good cup of coffee on a cool foggy morning...and donuts. Any kind. :grin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:33 pm 
A cool morning outside on a deck or patio, a pot of fresh coffee, some apple fritters or muffins & a couple of newspapers to read. That is my idea of a perfect morning...

For Willow & Tara, probably something similar, but it would be breakfast in bed for them.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:48 pm 
To cheer me up after a crappy day would be a big hug from my little Minature Schnauzer ("Buffy") and smooches from my 3 cats :)

Always guaranteed to cheer me up and make me feel better.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:04 pm 
[b:5c83a30111]Nix42[/b:5c83a30111] after I posted my post I thought "I forgot to mention Marmite on toast - life just isn't as yummy without marmite." Everyone I know thinks it's repugnant. Heathens - they don't know what they're missing. Definately one of life's pleasures.
xo,
Bronwyn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:12 pm 
What about watching a nice movies with PJ and a warm blanket!!!

Some popcorn please

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:51 pm 
For me its a Coffee Coolata from Dunkin Donuts. Its the Starbucks Frappuchino for cheap people. Also velvet. Theres something very sexy and feminine about velvet.

~Erica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:55 pm 
Ah simple pleasures... hot cup of cocoa with whipped-cream and marshmallows, curled up with a snuggly blanket listening to music or reading a book (extra special being next to a crackling fire in the fireplace), and I don't know if a bubble bath would be considered "simple", but that certainly is a relaxing pleasure for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:15 pm 
A cup of tea and some really good fanfic. I also take great staisfaction from grooming my horse and mucking out. If I have about 2 hours then a nice hot bath and a really good book is a great pleasure as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:32 pm 
My simple pleasures: a nice glass of wine with dinner, a really hot shower, or just a few minutes of cuddles in the middle of a long day.

Today I treated myself to a lemon poppyseed muffin and a mocha before class. I sat outside in the sun and enjoyed it, which was really nice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:26 pm 
Chocolate, a good book, and my quilt. :read Also eating popcorn while watching videos with a friend. See, its not hard at all to make me happy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:39 pm 
my simple pleasure for the day was looking at a picture of Marlene Dietrich in the newspaper, damn she was a fine woman (and some say she was ambisextrous :) )

oh and choclate or strawberry cheesecake, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:46 pm 
The clinking noise iced over trees make when the wind blows them together. It's the closest you can get to the sound of leaves falling when it's not autumn. Or the sound of rain. Fresh bread. Those are the good things. :shy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:55 pm 
Ah, simple pleasures....my kitty snuggling up to me when its cold; a cup of hot tea and a book. The smell of freshly brewed coffee when I roll out of bed...hot showers.

And damn it...lets give respect where its due: paper clips. What would life be without paper clips? Just a thought.

And our beloved Will and Tar....I imagine Tara reading a book under a warm blankie and Willow flopped over her with a lap-top. Of course they would be drinking tea as Tara loves it and coffee tends to make Willow hyper and ramble on in that way that makes me quiver. :devil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:09 pm 
hmmm... simple pleasures... yay!

i'd say it'd be during those nights after dinner when me and my dad would go out in the yard and enjoy some hot cup of coffee and talk about anything under the moon. :)

also, it would be those moments in the university halls when i would pass by her and see her wearing the bracelet i gave her last valentine's day. :love

as for will and tara, i'd probably be every waking morning as they find themselves tangled in each other's embrace. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:13 pm 
Seeing my puppy dog rolling on her back on the grass in the sunshine. Waking from a bad dream and rolling over to cuddle up to my one and only who is sound asleep next to me and feeling all the fears and stress from my dream just melt away when I touch the warmth of her skin and hear her calm breathing.

That's all it takes to send me to heaven.