The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's "my best friend" Thursday MKF! 3/13/0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:47 pm 
Hmmm...well, my best friend and I have known each other for about 9 years. We are complete opposites but she is my rock...totally...we have been through nearly everything together.
We met in high school, the first time I saw her I knew we would become good friends, we just had this connection, I could just feel it. Now we live in different states...but as soon as I finish school we are moving to LA :) which will be next year...woo hoo. Should be quite an experience.
Anways, I could go on, but I might start to get mushy or something...so I will spare you all that :paranoid :) Ok, I will end by just saying that I love you Lisa!! You are awesome!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:08 pm 
[quote:43ffa7cb72]Quote:
Nicky, are you absolutely 100% sure you're not just a closet Jossophile?
[/quote:43ffa7cb72] Well, while I am fairly acquainted with the closet, I'm pretty sure Joss isn't in here with me. Although that would explain who's sitting in the corner crying "but Firefly was a wonderful story.... nobody loves me".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:56 pm 
I've known my best friend, Norm Lieber, since we were both at university together some 16 years ago.
We share the same interest in science fiction, comic books, and have the same twisted sense of humour.
We both have the tendency to drift off on a string of tangents before steering back to the main point of the conversation, if there ever was one in the first place.
Not to mention an almost fanatical tendency to go to almost any length for a cheap sexual joke.
We'll go so far for such a little payoff.
It's the best to have someone whom you can chat for hours with and both know what the other will say before they say it themselves.
Alternatively, to come up with some obscure t.v. or film reference and immediately have to call or e-mail the other and they'll know what you're talking about.
I wish the rest of the world knew what I was talking about, it'd make thing s easier than having to keep explaining myself.:lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:02 pm 
I miss my best friend so much. Oh God, I had the best friendship with a person I've been with since kindergarten (we're now 19 and 20). Anyways, last fall, a guy got between us... She did some really emotionally horrendous stuff to me, basically. I'm not just saying that as my opinion alone, almost everyone involved has brought it up with her and I (seperately) at least once... I never, ever thought it would happen (a- Because I had never felt that way about a guy before... I'm bi! Who knew? ;) and b- I thought those situations only happened in teen magazines.), but it did. At the time, I was dealing with alot of self-worth issues, and I couldn't bear letting her "get away" with hurting me like that and expecting me to be fine with it, because I felt I deserved better. And now, it's funny, because we live in the same dorm, but it feels like we're miles apart. I miss her, but the damage has been done. So yeah, that's my best friend. :(

That's not to say she's my one and only best buddy... I have another girl who's changed my life and definetly qualifies as a best friend. Also, there's a person who's very special to me, who was there to help me through the fiasco I described earlier... I probably couldn't have done it without her.

Elise