The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fic -For All Your Good Intentions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:25 pm 
Notes - Ok, this is the first fic I have ever done, ever and I can't stress that enough. So any feedback is appreciated or you could just tell me to stop writing and go back to cheering . Its set about 2 years in the future and so definitely AU. This is a short chapter as well.
Spoiler Warning - It has some spoilers up to Normal Again.
Disclaimer - All characters, names etc belong to ME. I am just borrowing them for this short while in order to make them do what I want for a change instead of waiting to see what happens every Tuesday .
Rating - G for Ch. 1 (anyone want to help with writing the more interesting parts (*cough, smut, cough*, e-mail me). Also probably in need of a beta reader as well.
Angst Factor - on a scale of 1 to 5 this is about a 5 I guess.
Title : For All your Good Intentions (may change in the future)

Chapter 1
Dichotomy now that is an interesting word, Tara thought to herself as she flipped through one of Willow's discarded issues of Nature.
Tara loved words, she loved the ability to use them, to convey her thoughts and feeling to her loved ones was a gift, and something she cherished so much. More so now, especially, after what Glory had done to her mind two summers ago. Not that she did not like showing Willow her love often (and sometimes in public) but sometimes, just talking and saying words like forever, devotion and ardor helped convey fully and irrevocably all the visceral feelings that Willow invoked in her..

The past two years had not been easy, to say the least. She remembered the dark days of her break-up with Willow. She relived the bloody showdown with the geek squad that wanted to take over Sunnydale. She could still picture Willow then, and all the things, all the bad things that had transpired. The dichotomy of situation, of being placed in so much danger by three bored boys. Boys who collected action figures and who initially still lived with their moms in their white picket fenced houses. The dichotomy of Willow, of seeing her try so hard to fight the magic addiction and of seeing her not fight the outcome of the battle but embrace what happened.

"Sometimes, life just isn't fair, tara-girl" she mumbled to herself. She knew she should start to get ready when she looked at her watch. Giles definitely needed to be picked up from the airport but with the sticker on the car, they were guaranteed a good parking spot anyway so she went back to her dark musings.
Willow loved to refer to them as 'Tara thoughts'. She would proclaim rather loudly "Oh, Tara Thoughts alert, paging Doctor Rosenberg, paging Doctor Rosenberg, patient in need of some chocolate, cookies and love in order to prevent patient from too much introspection". Despite her own problems, Willow would then proceed to spend the entire day distracting Tara, not with spells for that was in the past. But with love and caresses and picnics in the park and trips to the zoo. Anything and everything to make her girl happy.

It was also amazing that both their thoughts were still in sync after all that had transpired.
"Hi, baby, I know we can park right in front of the airport and all that but we should still be leaving soon. I think Buffy and Dawn are ready and I can't wait to see Giles expression when I start to do wheelies in front of him". Willow said cheerily as she slowly wheeled herself into the living room . Due to her excitement in showing off her new talent, Willow missed Tara's downcast expression as she proceeded performed four well executed wheelies in quick succession.
Shaking herself out of her sad reverie, Tara called out " Dawn, Buffy, we'll be in the car, we should leave soon, Giles plane will be landing in forty-five minutes". With that, she stood behind Willow and lovingly wheeled her over the front door stoop and towards the driveway.

[This message has been edited by jomarch (edited March 24, 2002).]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 8:08 pm 
Woo hoo, jomarch!! You go! This is a great start. I love the "Tara-thoughts" and "paging Dr. Rosenberg" snippet. But, uh, Willow in a wheelchair? *sniff* I can see her being so full of energy and life, nonetheless.

*Pixie tosses some panties over to Asia in appreciation and tosses her pom poms about enthusiastically* Goooooo jomarch! (you're the cheer-writer, not me, hon!) *Pixie sits down on the grass to wait for the next update.*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 8:16 pm 
Whoa! That was good. I'm into it already. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:07 pm 
Yea!
(that's the best I can do with a full helmet of beer. Will try high kicks later)

Jomarch, I'll be following with interest. This is a wonderful beginning; I like the focus on Tara's thought processes.

------------------
TARA: Willow and I always know how to find each other!
ANYA: With yoga?
BUFFYBOT: That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:29 pm 
Hey, Jomarch, excellent start!! Please give us some more. I love the thought process of Tara. Can't wait for the next part. Keep going. Remember Ozymandius= I am the ruler of all I survey. Be that and more, keep going.

------------------
We few, We Mighty Few!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:19 pm 
Yes, Jomarch, to echo what the others have already said, "I like it! I really like it!!" Impatiently waiting for more.

------------------
"No, no potions. It's not magic, it's chemistry. You can tell by how damn slow it is!" Willow 'Doublemeat Palace'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:19 pm 
Awwwwww. tara thoughts. awwww. willow spending all day cheering up tara. i can't wait for the rest of it. Great job!
-Will

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:47 pm 
Jomarch!!!!
I am entirely too excited that you are writing your own fic! I was possessed by the overwhelming desire to run, Paul Revere-like through the halls of my apartment complex, screaming, "Jomarch is writing! May the world rejoice!"

This is a great start, and ditto on pixie with the willow sadness but entirely able to picture her full-of-life and still willowish. Really looking forward to more.
Yaaaaay Jomarch!
*cartwheels over to pixie, and plops down beside her to wait for more. tickly grass.*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:14 am 
Wow, feedback, I actually got feedback. This is so cool. So now I am going to pretend to do the fic writer thing and reply individually.(I really feel like I'm 5 and playing with my mom's make-up and am going to get caught) I am half expecting one of the real fic writers (Wiccachica, Sassette etc) to come and haul me away . Anyway, here goes

*Pixie* - Hi sweetheart. Thank you for the cheering, encouragement and actually reading the story. I must remember that running around the office saying I have Pixie's panties, I have pixie's panties (though liberating and has a lot of meaning for me) will only get me weird looks and cause my admin assisstant to update her CV.

*JennY* - Thanks and well, I really hope I can keep up the good work and that you like the new chapter.

*Bobo's Mom - hey fellow smitten (looking forward to those high kicks). I really think that I was drunk when I decided to actually post this. Anyway, I do like writing about Tara but i also want to wirte about how the other characters wview Tara & Willow (see Ch 2). But i will get back to Tara thoughts .

*Drakkenfyre* - Thanks for your e-mail. And i do like your poems . Yes, the next part follows, hope you it that as well.

*DaRebel*- Cool name! Thanks and as you wish (see below for update).

*willntlover*- Tara doesn't get enough lines on the show so I do like to see if i can channel Tara thought .

*Owl* - And you get a hi sweetheart too . Thank you for actually reading! You sure do have a lot more faith in my writing than I do (bless you). Thanks for the cartwheel and here's Ch 2.

Notes & Summary – Wow, I actually wrote a second chapter. Again, feedback is appreciated. I sort of know where I’m going with this now and it should take about 10 chapters. It shouldn’t be too bumpy a ride. Not too angsty and hopefully true to all the characters. I know everyone liked Tara thoughts (we will have more, I promise)but I also wanted to get everyone's thoughts on Tara and Willow as well. I bet they see them like we see them . So this is Xander and Anya's chapter.
Spoiler Warning - It probably has some spoilers up to Normal Again.
Disclaimer - All characters, names etc belong to ME. I am just borrowing them for this short while in order to make them do what I want for a change instead of waiting to see what happens every Tuesday J.
Rating - G for Ch.2 (anyone want to help with writing the more interesting parts (*cough, smut, cough*, e-mail me). Also probably in need of a beta reader as well.
Angst Factor - on a scale of 1 to 10 this is about a 5.
Title : For All your Good Intentions

Chapter 2

"Entropy" Anya proclaimed loudly "E-N-T-R-O-P-Y, that's using all my tiles so I get 50 extra points and counting fact that I placed my word on two red triple word squares, I can triple my score twice so I win as you have only manage all those two letter words. Perhaps, now can we play something with money in it, like Monopoly or the game of life".

"An, honey, we should go soon, Buffy,Tara, Willow and Dawn are expecting us at the airport in half an hour " Xander replied while trying to surreptitiously remove the word Demon that he had just inadvertently spelled out on the board, right next to the word bride, that Anya had made. Definitely not a good idea to touch those topics with his ex-demon, ex-fiancée, current undefined friend of the girl persuasion.

"I can't wait for Giles to come back though, things can finally return to normal or as normal as one can get, you know, with living on the hellmouth, being friends with the slayer and having your best friend shot and spending the rest of her life in a wheelchair. Though I’m still not a hundred percent sure why we insisted he come back" Xander finished lamely.

"Well, we need to do something" Anya interjected " I mean Tara is all broody and sad all the time. Much like how I pictured Angel being, if I had known him better and if he was female and lesbian and sleeping with Willow and don’t even get me started on Willow. I mean she’s just too miss psycho cheerful pep squad like, that is just not normal. Did you know she actually volunteered to help me get over my bunny fear? Xander! , she wanted me to embrace it and work my way through it. She gave me bugs bunny slippers for god's sake, no good can come out of rabbit feet or rabbits, they're furry and evil and hoppity and……"

"She just has a different view of life now, honey. And as for Tara, I guess she just feels sad for Willow and Willow is just trying to be happy for the both of them and get on with their lives and so again I ask for those of us who sit in the back and not pay attention, why did we convince Giles to come back? " Xander calmly asked, trying to bring Anya back from her view of rabbit hell and into Sunnydale.

“Well, I know Giles left and then came back when we brought Buffy back, then he left again, then came back when Buffy and Willow were in the hospital, then he left. I mean, if I wasn’t afraid that he would take away the shop every time he came back, I would have a hard time keeping track of his comings and goings much less caring but since Joyce died and he is the closest parental unit we have, he is the perfect candidate to help stop entropy from happening” Anya finished proudly.

"Huh?, how did we get from scrabble word to not really making sense here?” Sometimes, Xander just could not follow Anya's train of thought. However, he learnt the hard way, to never to ignore her observations as although they were sometimes weird and most definitely oblique, they always had a kernel of truth and clarity to them.

“Well you don’t have to be a thousand year old ex demon to see that Willow is hiding everything on the inside and being really happiness and puppy dogs on the outside on account of trying to not make Tara feel guilty."

"But, Tara should not feel guilty and Willow wouldn't want her…" Xander cut in but was stopped by Anya's look of utter disbelief.

"Xander, of course she shouldn't feel guilty and Willow wouldn't want her too either but knowing and feeling are two different things. Tara knows she didn’t cause Willow's paralysis and Willow thinks Tara knows that. She thinks that Tara’s sad because she’s in a wheelchair and she just doesn’t get that Tara feels responsible for it. ” Anya sighed and continued, "So Willow thinks all she has to do is act happy and show Tara that she’s ok in the chair and then everything will be alright. So she just hides all the sadness and pain, as Tara seems to have enough for the both of them. Humans, never learn. I mean all this knowing and acting and hiding, all this just leads to pent up feelings and emotions that can rapidly move towards a chaotic disordered state. One in which Willow wants to make me like bunnies. That’s entropy” Anya finished proudly.

"So you really were paying attention in high school science class and not just thinking of ways to get your amulet back" Xander stated in wonder “That’s why, you actually spent your hard earned money calling Giles and convincing him to come back, isn’t it. You think Giles can make our two love wiccans stop with the penty-up feelings and go with the feeling up-panties. Wow, smart girls are so hot”

“Well, I don’t think Giles is going to give them orgasmic advice but he did say he had an idea as to how to get them to open up more and to get Willow to stop distracting my productive money earning time with love the bunny speeches. And for your information, I was only failing math in high school and that was on account that they never used money in any of the examples. I would have aced it if all the x's in calculus was profit, I mean money should be the root of all algebra, shouldn't it. Now let's go, I want to stop by the Magic Box on the way so that I can pick up the ledger and show Giles how good I have been in taking care of our money"

Never were truer words spoken and Xander wondered for the umpteenth time how he had been so stupid as to let her go. Yes, he admitted to himself, he was a stupid, stupid man. But he had time and patience to make up for that and by the great ho ho God of all things good and chocolaty, he was determine to make things right. With that final thought, he helped Anya on with her coat and ushered her to the door knowing that with any luck, they would be able to stop by the shop and still beat Buffy to the airport.
"Yes, dear, money math would have made more sense. And if I haven’t told you yet today , you look beautiful and you have a big kind, heart and thanks for doing this .” he finished with a kiss to her forehead.

Anya just smiled and accepted the compliment gracefully. She knew he was trying and before, those words would have got her heart racing and her knees weak and would probably have resulted in her pulling him into the nearest closet or alley. But that was before. Before, she had truly felt the ache of a broken heart. He was a good man though, and he loved his friends and he was beginning to really see who see was beyond the lustful thoughts and money comments. He was beginning to realize what he had given up. Maybe Giles’s return would also help him clear up his last vestiges of doubts and finally allow them to once again travel their life journey together. But she herself still had doubts, seeing that true love unions like Willow and Tara’s were in need of help now despite surviving hell gods and spells, where did that leave her and Xander . With those thoughts swirling in her mind, she silently vowed to help Giles as much as possible and get those crazy lovebird wiccans working things out even if she had to tie Tara to Willow's chair and lock them in the room. She needed them to be her beacon of hope, to prove true love did indeed conquer all.

[This message has been edited by jomarch (edited March 20, 2002).]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:54 am 
Very cool! I love insightful Anya. I'm so glad you're going with this. I have a question: How recently was Willow shot? Although, now that I've opened my mouth I realize you're probably going to tell us more about that battle. One little nitpicky comment - In your Spoiler Warning, it should be "Normal Again". But "Norman Again" did give me a really funny image!

And did you actually run around your office yelling "I have Pixie's panties"? Did you take a picture? or videotape it? 'Cause I would have loved to have seen that! I'm so sorry you got weird looks though, some people just don't understand.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:18 pm 
Hi Pixie, I hope my timeline is not wonky but my take is Willow got shot around 16 months ago. And yes, I think I'll let Buffy recount what happened then.

*Norman* hee, hee, hee. Now where did that come from. I guess I do need a beta reader.
Thanks for the tip.

Now for the most important part. I did take some creative license about running around the office. Howerver, since you have a brilliant and creative mind, you can picture the following.
Scene - 5'6 Asian woman sitting in office on 46th floor (its a great view of the sea and the central business district). Eating sandwich in office for lunch in order to catch up on work, on account of skiving off to write fic (with me so far, hon?)
Ok, decides to check pens board to see if people would actually read her story!
Jomarch : Woo Hoo (said rather loudly but not in James Earl Jones voice but more feminine Elmer Fudd), I got Pixie's Panties, Yaaaah me!
Admin Assisstant who is also at her desk and thinking I called, comes in when I repeat...
Jomarch : I got Pixie's panties, I got Pixie's panties (picture, me doing complicated hand movements and pumping fist in air).
Admin Assisstant : (Giving weird look). Did you get something from e-bay or anything? (or are you on crack???, she did not say this but I can tell she was thinking it)
Jomarch : No, No, you see it all started when I started reading this board.... (I really did try and explain it to her like you did to your co-workers and friends and at least she's not quitting and just thinks I'm eccentric (like the time during a regional meeting and i was bored and started speaking like Yoda... Good profits is. There is no try, there is buy or do not buy, ahh the memories) and work too hard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:28 pm 
GOOD...*Hands You some cookies and cake and everything* CONTINUE NOWWWWW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:16 pm 
Jomarch! Hey Neshomeleh! (Sweetheart)
another great update! Hurrah!
That was sooo sweet. I like what you've done here, with Anya. happy ending Anya. I like that.
and... feeling-up panties? lol! speaking of panties! *aims her patented International Panty Flinger in the direction of Singapore. Switches the setting to "express".* *zzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiing!!!*

and.... OMG! Elmer Fudd! e-bay! If Pixie's panties ever go on e-bay.... oooh boy. I'm bidding! *winks at Pixie, who is still mein Ziskeit.* and... and.... Yoda on profit? Geez. You are too funny. But don't work too hard, ok? It's not civilized.
*does handstand in anticipation of more....* Oh, wait... *falls down and blushes profusely* Now i remember why we don't do handstands. drafty. *ahem*

[This message has been edited by Owl (edited March 20, 2002).]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:54 pm 
Jomarch, I don't think it's that your timeline is wonky, I just wanted to know how long the situation had been like this.

Thanks for the play-by-play of the scene in your office! LOL! And Yoda and profits - hee hee! I actually say things like that to my students - when they say they'll try to do something, I'll reply "There is no try, there is only do." And when one kid leans back in his chair (which I can't stand) so far that he tips over, after making sure he's okay, I'll say "Let that be a lesson to you, young Skywalker!" Imagine my despair when I said that and a student asked "Who's Skywalker?"!!! I was crushed!

And Owl, ketzeleh, I wouldn't sell my panties on e-bay. They're only for the kitties. That handstand was just...did it just get warmer in here?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:35 pm 
LOL!! Just like the show! Anya being all knowledgy :ighs:: Like the good old season 4 days. Loved it, i like how you are getting the two back together, not having Anya rush head first is cool. Although I am hoping our two fav girls show up in the next part
-Will

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:40 pm 
I am loving this fic. I love all W/T fan fics that are set in the future. *If I give jomarch a cookie, will she update?* Hmm...

------------------
Jennifer, Site Mom at Willow and Tara's Love
"Always forward, never straight." "Let's get one thing straight... I'm not" I saw those on t-shirts.
"I think that being a beautiful, heavy, lesbian witch rocks!"-Amber Benson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:48 am 
I like this so far, an interesting premise, and looking forward to see where you're going to bring it.

------------------
"I could paint you in the dark cause I've studied you with hunger as a work of art"
Collecting You - Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:56 am 
*runs late into the thread*

This is a great start jomarch. I'm so glad you decided to write a fic. With so many good stories on the go right now it's hard to find time to frolick in all the threads. I guess I'll just have to drop that pesky thesis.

And I see panties have been flung. Pixie must be in here somewhere. *spots Pixie sitting on the grass and skips over to join her*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:11 am 
Jomarch -

I'll do my routine after the next update. Would you enjoy something more traditional? like a can-can? Or do your tastes run towards the modern? And do I have to go sans panties? OR will crotchless due?

(I wonder what my employees will think when I practise my high kicks at work)

I'm enjoying the story ever so much. You captured Anya and Xander well.

Have a great day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:45 am 
Wow, yet more feedback. I am utterly amazed. Thanks so much. Ok, the good news is that I have Chapter 3 (part a done). But I just sent it off to my Beta reader (I actually got one and she's great) and if she says it looks ok, I'll post it. So i'll just reply to everone first.

*The Next Tara Maclay* - Really cool name.Sounds familiar . Thanks for the cookies and cake. Will update soon.

*Owl* - Hi Owl. I still think you have too much faith im my writing and thank you for volunteering to read . Panties just got delivered (got lost over malaysia for a bit but still in good condition).I do promise to speak yiddish at the next regional meeting. Got to keep management on their toes. And applause on the handstand.

*Pixie* - Glad you like the play by play. Isn't it a sin in some cultures to not know who skywalker is??? Well, all I can say is (in voice of Alec Guiness now)the force is strong within you, Pixie.

*willntlover*- Hi, I'm glad you liked the X& A bits. I also think that it's good she's playing it cool. Xander needs to woo her back . Yes, Willow and Tara are in the next Chapter.

*silverangel* - Jomarch totally accepts cookies for updates . Thank you. PS. Its chocolate, chocolate chip right?

*mollyig*-Glad you like the premise so far. Hope you like the rest. Love your sig. I LOVE the indigo girls. I met them once whe they were playing at Shepard's Bush theatre. Got them to sign a t-shirt. It was brilliant.

*canadian kitty* - Thank you. Please don't drop your thesis for this. (Drop it cause you're writing another kick-ass story ). Just kidding though. Degrees are good and fun and totally help you get jobs in completely different fields (I did molecular biology and now work in high finance!)

*Bobo's mom* - Wow, I get Pixie's panties and a dance. Is it my birthday, no, I guess I'm just lucky . Glad you like the story.

Ok, will post Part 3a soon. Thanks again guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:27 am 
Title - For All YOur Good Intentions.
Notes – I really don’t know much about computers and hacking so if anyone who is reading this is in IT, sorry for glaring computer errors.
I am really swamped at work and have to break this up in to 2 parts. This is the chapter where we find out how Willow got in the wheelchair. Buffy is recounting the story but almost everyone is in it, including our favorite duo. Part a is not so angsty. Enjoy.

Oh, I have a Beta reader (Does dance of Joy, which in my head looks more or less looks like a bad impression of John Travolta’s Staying Alive dance). Anyhoo, Owl has graciously volunteered (such a sweet, sweet unsuspecting soul, who does not know that I’m probably severely dyslexic, spell atrociously and use bad grammar like there’s no tomorrow) so I am thanking her officially and bestowing on her the title of Mistress of Punctuation.
Spoiler Warning - It has some spoilers up to Normal Again.
Disclaimer - All characters, names etc belong to ME. I am just borrowing them for this short while in order to make them do what I want for a change instead of waiting to see what happens every Tuesday

Chapter 3a

"Attention," the speaker above Buffy came to life "Attention ladies and Gentlemen, we are sorry for the delay of United Airlines Flight 20 from Los Angeles. It will be landing shortly and we do hope we have not severely inconvenienced you or you loved ones".

Attention - now that is a word that can have so many meanings, Buffy thought to herself. Remembering Riley and how he always seemed to stand at attention in the early stages of their relationship, always the soldier, always on alert. Seeing him last year with Sam and how despite the ingrained soldieryness, his attention was focused on Sam, only Sam. Well, for her, attention meant the line between keeping you friends safe, alive and whole. It meant not letting big bads creep up and hurt them. It meant she had a lot to make up for.

She looked over at Willow and Tara, sitting together holding hands but lost in their separate reveries. Tara looked pensive (what else was new) and Willow was just gently caressing Tara's palm with her thumb to try and guide her love back from whatever dark thought she was thinking. Buffy was amazed at the changes in her two best friends, both different yet both essential.

Before the accident, Tara was the one to support the redhead during her difficult time with dark magic withdrawals. She would help Willow through the shakes and aches. More importantly, she insisted that Willow help her with white magic and learn to control her impulse of wanting to change nature but instead learn to work with nature. By doing that, Willow was slowly realizing that magic wasn’t a tool or a crutch or just learning spells, it was a part of life, a way of life. Willow had actually confided in her that she no longer thought that spells were the only magic; the only real magic in her life was Tara. She was truly magical.

But now, despite her handicap, Willow was the one trying to get Tara to regain her sparkle, zest and magic for life. It had all but disappeared when she found out about Willow’s prognosis at the hospital. For the past year, Willow was trying so hard, just to keep all of her own dark thoughts and fears at bay so that she could bring color and light into Tara's eyes once again. Adding to that, the other sad outcome from that terrible night was the fact that both Willow and Tara had vowed off all magic for their own secret reasons. Buffy wished things had turned out differently, if only she had paid attention. If only her good intentions worked out.

She thought back to that night. It had started out pretty normal for a Tuesday evening, with movie night at Xander's. Willow had already seen Caddyshack a bazillion times so she had brought her laptop and was surfing the net for clues on the geek stooges.

"Eureka!, light bulb's all lighty and bright over my head, you guys" Willow called out from the dining table.

"What you got there, Will? Finally found that purple furry handcuffs that I was…not telling you about. Err, what you got there, Will? " Xander looked around furtively hoping no one caught his slip and expecting one of Anya's barbed comments. But then he remembered that she did not talk to him anymore. She had come back, opened the Magic Box, moved back into her old apartment but still allowed Scooby meetings to be held in the shop. To his surprise and delight, she had joined in all the meetings and subsequent get togethers, even those held at his apartment. However, she had barely spoken to him and the one time she did, all she had said was "You should have told me earlier, you owed me that at least". He managed to look contrite and apologized but knew that he had to make up for so much more. He did not have to have a Willowbrain to figure out he had truly hurt the one person in the world who had loved and accepted him for who he was and for who he could become. Since then, he had brought her flowers every week and managed to always listen, without interruption, to any of her comments that she directed to the group. Looking again, expectantly at Willow, he motioned for her to continue.

"Ok, remember when I thought I may be able to predict where Warren and his goons were going be turn up next? Well, I think finally got lucky. See, every time I hacked into any of the computer systems in Sunnydale, Tara gave me the idea that I could leave a tracer to alert me if any one else goes in after me. Well, I have been getting alerts from one of my tracers for the past 3 days I have been trying to check where its coming from and I just got it tonight "

"Cool" Dawn replied smiling , hacker Willow and supportive Tara was always so much better that dark magic eyes Willow and sad Tara.

Willow smiled grew even bigger as she looked back and forth between Tara and Dawn. Dawn was really beginning to accept and respect her again . More importantly, Tara was teaching her white magic and they once again shared a psychic bond. And now, she had just found a way to help Buffy, life was good - no - life was great.

"Willow, you wanna stop making googly eyes at your girlfriend and start telling me how I get to de-bane Warren and the hobbits from my life?" Buffy cut in. She knew that if she didn't, Willow and Tara would probably come up with some lame excuse to go make witchy love. She was beginning to think that hacking, researching - well, just about anything, made Willow horny nowadays. Sometimes slayer hearing just wasn't worth it

"Oh, yeah, Warren" Willow paused, trying to pry her eyes from Tara. Knowing exactly what Willow was thinking and that Buffy was probably thinking the same thing (damn slayer hearing), Tara made her way over to stand behind the red-head , to offer support and physical contact. "I think he's going to steal some weapons from the Sunnydale armory later tonight" Willow continued as she leaned back into a Tara-hug.

"Weapons?, you mean these guys want to play GI Joe now? geez, won't they ever grow up? Ok, I guess I can trap them there and call the police once they're secure. Just for once I wish we could have a quiet Tuesday evening" Buffy was already moving towards the door when Willow called out.

“Buffy, I don’t think you should go alone, I mean I know you’re all large with the slayeryness but we know that Andrew can summon demons and Jonathan can do some magic. Not to mention that Warren probably has some ray gun blaster thingy. I really think you need Scooby back-up on this”

“So what’s the plan Will?” Buffy asked as she started back towards the couch.

“Well, I think the security system on the base is running on an isolated grid. That means I can’t hack into it from here, I need to be..”

“Stop right there hacker girl , you are going nowhere near…”

“Buffy, I totally agree that I am not the jumping into the fray but more standing adjacent to the fray kinda person so..” Willow held up her finger as she continued so as to stop another outburst from the slayer “So, that’s why I think Xander and I should break into the computer room on the other side of the base while you scope out the armory where Warren will be -which is situated way, way away from where we will be.”

“I ,I think Willow is right” Tara added “ You do need back-up. Willow and Xander can try and hack into the security system to see if she can re-route what Warren has done to it while you and I can go and see if we can spot them at the armory. If they’re there, I can contact Willow and she can trip the security alarm and call the police”

“What did you say?, what did you say? ” both Buffy and Willow simultaneously turned to question Tara.

“It’s the best plan, honey” Tara placed a kiss on top of the hacker’s head to try and calm her down. Then, looking directly at Buffy, she continued “Willow said so herself, you need backup and Willow needs to know when to trip the alarm. I promise that I am so with the whole adjacent to the fray idea. I promise to stay behind you at all times and I’m just there to give Willow a psychic heads-up when we spot the bad guys, okay?”

Willow could see that Buffy was beginning to relent and as much as she so did not want Tara within 10 miles of the trio of terror, she could see that it was a great plan. Taking Tara’s hand, she got up and headed for the door, motioning for the rest to follow “ I guess, we’re all in the plan”.

Buffy nodded and gave a quick kiss to Dawn and pre-empted the youngster’s oncoming argument to follow them with a quick “Anya, would you mind watching Dawn? We should be back in a couple of hours. And Dawn -- when Willow said we’re all in the plan, she wasn’t including little sister’s of the slayer. Now be good and mind Anya”

“Buffy, first of all, I’m not five! and little sister’s of the slayer??? who are you, Mother Teresa?? And, and, and, well be careful, all of you. I don’t trust Warren” Dawn finished softly.

“Yeah, be careful” Anya echoed as she watched her friends and Xander go out the door.

TBC
(Next part is the big showdown)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:43 am 
jomarch, I am hereby enjoying the low-angst-y part before the angst-meter goes completely wonky. I feel so bad for our girls now. This is great! (Go, Owl!)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:52 am 
So, I'm continuing with the "delurk and praise" resolution - which gives me a fine opportunity to say:

"Hey this is really good!"

I love to read about Willow and Tara together against all the odds. And there are odds in this one, I spotted 'em.

Looking forward to more *s*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:12 am 
jomarch, what I like about this fic is that we already know that Willow and Tara are still together. I think you establishing their togetherness before you delve into the darkness and angst is comforting. Does that make sense? I mean, you've also set up possible angsty moments after the flashbacks, but there's an overwhelming sense that everything will turn out okay. And those are the kinds of fics I think we all need right about now. Yes, emotions, problems, and complications will arise in W/T's relationship, but it doesn't have to be the end for them. I love that! Great work. Can't wait for the next installment.

--Sela

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:27 am 
*Sits back and looks smug whilst wacky thought bubble o' fun (tm) forms above head*
*Jomarch's readership heaves a collective sigh of resignation... here we go again*

*inside the thought bubble, imaginary betaowl receives a medal that reads "mistress of punctuation." She is wearing a uniform which is strangely akin to that of a mail courier. Modest uniform suddenly morphs into scary mistress of pain outfit, and a whip appears in owl's hand*

*Whip-cha!* exclamation point! *Whip-pow!* comma, colon, dash!

This is a scary, scary place. Especially since i am not sure that my librarian glasses go with that outfit. Also, I consider myself to be a bit tame for this sort of thing. So it's more like, *feeble whip* sorry! Are you ok? Let's put some ice on that, shall we?

The readership will please kindly excuse any holes in my editing. Now that I have been outed as a beta.....
Excuse me.... I feel the need to go pierce something now......

Jomarch! You KNOW I love it! Your mistress awaits you for more....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:39 pm 
OOH GOOOD GOOOD GOOD..Let me blow your mind..woooah..where did that come from? HURRY up now SUNNY..I can't wait any longer, My Headache is still bad and I'm waitin' for you to finish this story so I can read it..HURRY HURRY!!!!

OH and Pixie..how come I never get your underwear?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:13 pm 
Owl, mein tzatzkeh (what a great expression!) - your beta-self is too funny! LOL! Can I borrow your "Mistress of Punctuation" persona when I beta? (nika, if you read this, you know I love you and worship at your tastefully smutty feet, but we both know your punctuationally challenged. )

quote:
Originally posted by The Next Tara Maclay:
OH and Pixie..how come I never get your underwear?

Well TNTM, you are only 13 *Pixie says primly in her teacher voice* and I'm 20 years older than you and have students your age. So I don't think it would be appropriate for me to throw you my panties. But I will be happy to throw another object of your choosing...as long as it's not associated with (as we say in my family) a non-intergenerational topic.
quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:40 pm 
yay! A showdown. There needs to be some ass-kickage!! Lovin' this story completely. MORE!!
-Will

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:55 pm 
I really like where you're taking this story. So yay!

And more please.

------------------
"Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind." -Glory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:26 am 
Who could resist Pixie in "mistress of punctuation" garb? Certainly not me. Go for it, maideleh! Together, we will snuff out the forces of darkness!

I have been practicing in front of the mirror (silly, I know... But if you saw me, you'd see I clearly need help in the looking-at-all-scary-or-sadistic department.) and I have decided that librarian glasses are a necessary element of the ensemble. Nothing says "watch your grammar, spelling, and punctuation," like a pair of librarian glasses and a cat o' nine tails.....
Write on, Jomarch!