The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: FIC - Lost and Found
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:56 pm 
Not nearly enough w/t goodness , I really hope we get to seem together again soon and not just for a bit in the end. Yet the small bit they were together in was very yummy, i love them together even when it's all angsty and they are upset. So intense.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:56 pm 
things that make you go hmmm... i really am enjoying this...
*crosses her fingers in hopes of lots of future w/t goodness*

BT

------------------
i'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:38 pm 
quote:
"Liam, she's doing this because it's ultimately unfair to Tara." Several eyebrows shot up at hearing the slayer call the vampire by his real name for the first time. “I would feel the same way if every time I was with you all I could think about was Angel.”

I am just another lurker, but I did notice that you are calling Spike by Angels real name (Liam) which is really confusing. I'm not sure if you knew this or not.

quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:05 am 
Do we get to hear the story about the broken door frame too????
-Will

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:43 am 
This is great, Jessan!! Lots of angst, and yet things keep moving along smartly. I enjoyed the X/W interaction. However, I am very much waiting till W/T are in the same room again!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:55 am 
Stupid question from me to the lurker...um, how is Liam Angel's real name? Liam is an acceptable nickname for William. I'm not sure what show your watching...

Um, do you want to hear the story of the broken doorframe? I'm sure I could add it in...sort of like Willow/Tara & Dawn at Antonio's.

Hmm, get the girls together...very soon. Rack's going to have quite the full house.

And Xita...just a little bit at the end...LOL...parish the thought.

------------------
Love will find a way.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:37 am 
quote:
Originally posted by jessan15:
Stupid question from me to the lurker...um, how is Liam Angel's real name? Liam is an acceptable nickname for William. I'm not sure what show your watching...

I have been watching Buffy since the show has aired and I also watch Angel. In one the the episodes (I do not know the episode nor which show it is on) there is a flash back of Angel before he is turned. In it he is drunk and his dad is telling him how worthless he is. His dad calls him Liam I believe.
Angel is just a nickname he aquired over the years ("the vampire with the face of an Angel")

quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:11 am 
quote:
Originally posted by jessan15:

Um, do you want to hear the story of the broken doorframe? I'm sure I could add it in...sort of like Willow/Tara & Dawn at Antonio's.

Jessan, the episode the lurker is talking about is Buffy S2 season finale - Becoming part 1. It does make sense (and it's sweet) for Buffy to call Spike "Liam", but it is a bit confusing.

And yes on the story of the broken doorframe!quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:50 am 
I checked the transcript for Becoming Part 1 and couldn't find what you guys were talking about.

Oh well. Sorry about the confusion. Liam=Spike Will=Willow Angel=Angel
Maybe I should add that in the notes...

Oh and no offense was intended ?????? lurker. I didn't find that in any of my information and still can't. *shurgs shoulders* Why would they call Angel - Liam anyway? Not seeing the connection...at all.

*edited in*

OKAY...got it now. I see my problem. I don't watch Angel, never did. Not sure if that makes me a bad person or not...anyway, it was the ATS Season 1 - The Prodigal. The sites I took my info from were solely Buffy sites which said that he was born Angeleus. What a crazy world. So I was sorta right...my dear lurker, you weren't watching Buffy. LOL Great pickup. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ok, I'll go write some butch Tara now.

------------------
Love will find a way.

[This message has been edited by jessan15 (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:03 am 
Hmmm...I was wrong? Ack! Oh my God!!

Sorry, jessan! Mmmm...butch Tara....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:09 am 
Loved the update Jessan!!! Like Xita, I really want the girls to have some dialogue again, but hey I'm patient!!

Liked the bit where Tara kept her concentration even with Spike kicking the door down - she's a very cool witch!!!
I think she could totally take Amy and Rack together!!!

Tara rocks!!! Oh, and Amber does too!!

------------------
"We must have kissed a hundred times ...It was very nice." ~ Amber Benson

"After one take, [Buffy creator] Joss [Whedon] did say, 'Can we have one [kiss] that's less like you're going to sleep together in about five minutes?' " ~ Alyson Hannigan
The Body

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:00 pm 
I really like your story. It was just really confusing trying to follow the story with what I know about Angel. (Try substituting Angel for Liam in your story and you will see what I mean.)

Great story by the way, no offence way taken.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:05 pm 
*smiles brightly* great job jessan kudos lots and lots of kudos more tara and willow though but other then that here is some more kudos hehe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:38 pm 
Woah, hang on kids...it's going to be one hell of a ride for a while...

Title: Lost & Found - Part 23
Author: Jessan
Summary: Two witches going in different directions...for the moment
Spoiler Warning: Up to and including "Wrecked" in Season 6.
Disclaimer: They do not belong to me...no copyright infringement intended. Joss is my God. All hail the glorious one. (It just called out to me.)
Rating: R (strong language)
----------------

Back at the Summer’s house, the rest of the gang, sans Buffy were in a heated debate with Willow over the status of her relationship with Tara. Giles, Anya & Dawn were seated on the couch, while Willow sat in an armchair. Xander was standing behind her for support. He didn’t like what Willow was doing, but he did understand why she was doing it.

“Willow, what your doing is extremely dangerous. This decision is going to condemn you to a life of addiction for no reason.” Giles said, then stood up and started pacing around the room.

“It’s what I deserve. I brought this on myself.” Willow insisted with resolve.

“Well, that’s certainly true enough.” Anya agree with the former witch.

“Anya.” Xander chastised her in a pleading way.

“Well she did. And besides, Anteros isn’t going to like this. You don’t spit on destiny. It just isn’t done.” She said to re-iterate her concerns about a certain god of love getting really pissed with them. Soon.

“There’s nothing he can do to me that would hurt more than not being with Tara.” Willow pointed out.

Anya’s eyes narrowed. “I wouldn’t bet on that.”

Willow felt a strange sensation. At first, she thought it was just her body’s way of reacting to Anya’s warning, then she recognized the warm feeling attached to it. Tara. As the awareness passed, Willow could tell that Tara wasn’t very close by. When she had used magic to open Willow’s bedroom door, the feeling was overwhelming. This was more like someone whispering in her ear as opposed to screaming in it.

Willow mentally caught some of the words that Tara had been chanting and tried to place what spell they might be used for. Willow looked down at the floor in deep concentration. She was mentally reciting hundreds of spells in her brain trying to figure out which one Tara was casting.

Finally, she realized what she was missing. She hadn’t taken into consideration that Tara might be using other tools. ‘Something about sight. What would she be looking at? A map?’ Willow wondered.

Giles was concerned about the young redhead. “Willow, are you alright?” he said leaning forward. He didn’t know what to make of her sudden silence and blank stare.

Willow picked her head up and tried to shake off the spells she had been mentally reciting. “Um, ah, I’m fine.” She said unconvincingly. “I mean, well, I just kinda felt something and I thought it was something else and then I didn’t know what the something was so I was trying to figure the something out.”

Giles raised his eyebrows at her in question.

Willow laughed nervously and started rubbing her palms together. Her shoulders slumped forward in defeat. Lying to them was not an option. “I felt Tara. She’s casting.” she admitted.

Giles and Anya were extremely alarmed at this revelation. “Are you sure?” Anya asked while Giles wanted to know, “Do you know what she cast?”

“Um, yes to both questions. “ She said looking back and forth between the watcher and the ex-demon. “She’s doing a location spell. She’s looking for someone.” Willow informed them.

Anya turned and glared at Giles. “Why’d you let her leave!? You should have known this was going to happen. Especially after Willow went all bad-ass on Glory.”

“Buffy and Spike are out there looking for her. I’m sure they’ll find her.” he said trying to stay optomistic.

Looking up at the clock, Dawn voiced her concern. “It’s 11:00. Where would Tara go at this hour?” she asked.

Anya also looked over at the clock. “Tara’s probably going to give Rack piece of her mind.” Anya said in a pissed tone. “It’s what I would do.” She thought about that for a moment. “Well, actually, I would probably break every single bone in his body. Slowly.”

She noticed the displeased looks from the rest of the room. “But Tara’s not like me. No siree. She‘s just walking around in the dark, lost and confused like a little scorned puppy.”

Willow’s jaw dropped and her eyes shot wide open. Despite knowing that her lover was safe and only casting a knowledge spell as opposed to an offensive or protection spell. Picturing Tara as Anya suggested was just wrong.

“Anya.” Xander began.

“I’ll be quiet now.” she assured him.

“She can’t see Rack. I don’t want her anywhere near him!” Willow shouted.

“It’s not your decision to make.” Dawn said bitterly.

“We have to stop her.” Willow insisted standing up and heading for the door.

----------------------

Tara and Spike walked up to the Madison house in silence. They had formulated a plan, which Spike was not too keen on. Basically, Tara would ask Amy nicely first, and if she wouldn't tell her what she wanted to know, she'd use magic to make her talk.

Spike had offered to rough Amy up a bit, but Tara politely reminded him that the chip in his head would not permit him to hurt humans. He finally consented that it was her show and he was strictly there as moral support.

Tara knocked on the door, hoping Amy would answer so she wouldn't run the risk of have to deal with her father.

After a few seconds, Tara could see a pair of eyes looking out window of the door. Amy opened the door a crack. "Can I help you?" she asked wearily.

Tara intended to play no games. Her tone was low and even when she spoke. "Do you know who I am?" she inquired demandingly.

Amy thought about the question for a moment. "You look familiar. I think I've seen you before." She studied the face in front of her for a moment. "At Buffy's house maybe?"

Tara nodded. "Yeah. Willow introduced us." A pause. "I'm Tara." Another pause. "Will's ex."

'Ut oh.' she thought. Amy was positive that nothing good would come out of any conversation with Willow's ex-girlfriend. "I don't know where Willow is. I haven't seen her in like, two weeks." Amy annouced quickly.

"I'm not looking for Willow." Tara said inching closer to the door. "I just want you to answer some questions for me." she explained.

Amy wanted absolutely nothing to do with this girl. She could tell by the look in Tara's eye that her statement was less of a request and more like a demand.

Nonetheless, Amy decided to try for a quick exit. "I can't help you." Amy said and started to close the door.

Tara's arm shot out and grabbed the edge of the door. Amy could almost feel the fire emanating from her steely blue gaze. The door stopped abruptly and so did Amy's coherent thinking. 'Oh shit. She's pissed. Fuck! She's gonna kick my ass. Shit!' she rambled off in her mind. After seeing the look on Tara's face, Amy desperately wanted to look away, but for some reason she simply couldn't. 'I thought Willow said Tara was this sweet, innocent little farm girl! FUCK!' she thought as she stared at the blonde wiccan and waited for her to make her move. Amy could feel the beads of sweat forming on her forehead. 'And I was worried about Rack.' she thought as her fingers tightened on the doorknob and her arm began shaking.

The lines on Tara's face hardened. This was the woman that helped take away the love of her life. Tara wasn’t about to let her just close the door and walk away. "You can, and you will." she clarified for the dark haired witch. "Now join me on the porch and close the door...otherwise, I might start playing with your dimensions." she threatened in a low growl.

Amy recalled the morning she had met Tara. She was praising Willow's ability to mess with dimensions. 'Oh boy.' she thought. Amy didn't think she had a chance if she had to use magic. She was pretty good with the dark stuff, but she could feel the power surrounding Tara. Amy could tell Tara was like a white magic gold card member. They just weren't in the same league. The only way to try and get out of this was to do everything that the blonde witch said. Amy threw on her coat and stepped across the threshold, closing the door behind her.

Spike was quite impressed. He honestly hadn't figured Tara capable of intimidation. The fact of the matter was, she wasn't bad at it. Not bad at all. Apparently, the young witch had some vicious claws. 'Wonder when she grew those?" he thought. He felt his lips curl up in an evil grin. He may be on the good side now, but that didn't mean he couldn't appreciate a little bad attitude.

The moment Amy took a step away from the door, Spike, with his vamp face on, slipped behind her to block the entrance.

Amy was startled at seeing the vampire. "You brought a vampire with you?" she said incredulously.

"What can I say? Liam is quite handy backup." she said giving a brief nod to the blonde vampire.

Spike heard her use his real name and gave her a sly grin. He was starting to like the idea of using his old name. He definitely liked hearing it from Buffy and Tara. He crossed his arms and stared menicingly at her. "Just do what the witch says." he reminded her with a snarl.

Amy could only nod. 'A witch being served by a vampire. FUCK! I am so dead.' she thought.

"I'm giving you one more chance to help me out before I get very upset and have to persuade you to help." She moved in front of Spike, so that she was staring at both of them. "Oh and Amy? Don't even think about lying to me. I'll know if you do." She watched as the terrified witch fought to swallow the lump in her throat. Amy finally just nodded.

Once Tara felt she had the witch‘s complete cooperation, she began questioning her. "Why did you take Willow to Rack?"

Amy took a deep breath and started rattling off the explanation, fearing what the other witch might do if she took too long to explain. "We were burnt out after our night out at The Bronze. We needed a quick fix. Rack does that sort of thing. He gives you a casting high. All you have to do is let him taste your magic."

Tara's eyebrows shot up. "Taste?" she said, her anger rising. "Did he touch her?" she demanded.

Amy dropped her eyes to the ground. "Yes" she mumbled.

"Where?" Tara was growing agitated. She hadn’t even considered that Rack would have actually laid his hands on her girl.

"Chest. Right above her heart." Amy used her own hand and demonstrated exactly what Rack had done.

Tara's eyes widened. "Did she tell him to do this or did he just do it?" Tara didn’t want to believe that Willow would let anyone other than Tara touch her in such in intimate manner.

Amy tried to remember exactly what had happened when she took Willow to Rack‘s. "Um, well, she kinda had some second thoughts when she saw him. She was trying to talk him out of doing it, then he just did it." She glanced up to see the blonde’s reaction. Amy hoped that Tara would be happy that Willow had been extremely hesitant about the whole thing.

Tara was slightly relieved by the other witch‘s words, but wasn‘t about to let Amy off the hook so easily. "So she didn't do it willingly." She restated.

Amy shook her head. "Honestly, no. If she had known what she was walking into, I don't think she ever would have gone." She told her.

"How did you get her to go?" Tara asked.

Amy began to fidget nervously under Tara‘s gaze. "I just told her about the casting high." She said shrugging her shoulders. Amy had no idea what else to say.

"If she didn’t want to do it in the first place, why did she go back?" Tara inquired.

Amy wrapped her arms around her chest and tried to look anywhere but at Tara. "One time at Rack's is all it takes.” She was speaking now more about her own experiences than Willow’s. “You want more. It's not a choice. That's how he works."

"And if you don't go back?"

"Withdraw." She sighed. “He doesn’t go looking for people. Usually after the first time, you belong to him.” she explained.

Tara felt her anger flare up. She tried to hold back the tirade, but it was a futile effort. “Willow doesn’t belong to anyone. Nobody owes her. No one controls her. And if anyone could claim any kind of ownership to Willow, it would be ME. Do you understand that?” Tara decreed.

Amy quickly nodded. ‘Shit. I’m gonna die.’ she thought.

Calming ever so slightly, she continued her questioning. "You look pretty calm. When did you last see him?"

"Um, yes-yesterday." She stuttered out.

If Amy had seen him yesterday, then he was still in Sunnydale. He was somewhere close. "Where is he?" she said, her voice sounding extremely harsh.

“He's down at the end of the alley at 7th and Main. He might have moved, but he usually keeps the same place for about a week, unless something happens." She eyed Tara suspiciously. "Something's going to happen, isn't it?"

"Good possibility I would say." Tara confirmed.

"Fuck." Amy knew Rack wasn’t one to go after his users, but she felt like she was sending the angel of death to his doorstep. "Promise me one thing?" she asked in a weak voice.

Tara cocked her head to one side. She could tell that Amy was facing an inner battle. The dark haired witch couldn‘t decide if she should be more afraid of Rack or Tara. "Depends." Tara said crossing her arms.

"Please don't mention my name to him." She said turning her back on Tara. If Tara was going to be the one to hurt her, she could do it now.

Tara put her hand on Amy‘s shoulder and spun her back around. She lifted Amy‘s chin so that she could focus on her eyes. "Amy, after I leave this house, I don't want to have to think about your name ever again, let alone say it out loud." Amy didn’t blink. "Do you know what that means?" she asked.

Amy couldn’t decide whether it would be better to say yes or no. Instead, she stood there and said nothing.

"Let me spell it out, just to make sure. You will never call, come over, run into, or even think about talking to Willow. If you see her, you damn well better turn the hell around. If you don't, I will deal with you. Are we clear?" she said removing her hand.

Spike felt that he could add to the threat by bearing his fangs and hissing at the witch.

Amy looked from one to the other. "I got it."

Tara wanted to make sure there wasn‘t a doubt in Amy‘s mind regarding her intentions. She held out her hand and said, "Flame." A flame appeared in the palm of her hand in a small burst, and steadily grew in intensity. After about five seconds, it had tripled in size, then burnt itself out in a bright flash. "Don't ever forget it." she said walking past the petrified witch. "Liam." she called to Spike to follow her.

Spike walked past Amy and let out an evil laugh. "Do what she says, if you know what's good for you." he said with a sneer and hurried to catch up with Tara.

Amy stood on the porch and listened to their footsteps as they walked away. Amy never turned around to look at them, fearful that Tara would burn her alive. Amy had the strangest feeling that this wasn't over yet. Not by a long shot. She headed back into her house and determined it would be in her best interests not to come back out for at least a week.

----------------------

After they were about a block from Amy's house, Spike leaned over and put his arm around her shoulder. "You ok?" he asked. Spike was expecting her to be very down on herself for what she had just done to Amy.

"No, not really. But happy at the same time." she said in an even tone, while leaning her head on his shoulder.

Spike was slightly surprised by her response. "It didn't bother you acting like that to Amy?" he asked with a quirked eyebrow.

Tara shook her head no. "No, she deserved it." Technically, Tara hadn't really done anything unusual. If someone was a threat to Willow, Tara would do anything in order to keep her safe. Tara might not be doing it as much in the future, but right now, Willow needed to be protected from negative magical influences. No one in the Scooby Gang was capable of dealing with that kind of menace but her.

"I'm worried about what's going to happen at 7th & Main." she confessed.

"You don't have to go there." he pointed out.

Tara lifted her head off his shoulder and looked up at the stars. "Yes I do. If he's the reason I have to be miserable for the rest of my life, then I certainly am going to meet the bastard and give him a piece of my mind." She declared.

"Are you just going to talk to him?" he asked knowing damn well that she had a lot more in mind.

Tara considered what he was asking and chose not to lie. "No." she simply replied.

They walked in silence for a minute before Spike spoke again. "Do I get to be more helpful this time? Not that playing the big bad body guard was a problem, but I’d like to do more than just look menacing and growl this time.”

Tara had to laugh. Spike was just not the type of person to stand by and do nothing. More importantly, he wasn‘t going to stand on the sidelines and let the woman do the fighting if he could do something to help. "Possibly. He's a warlock."

The thought of getting a piece of the action this time excited him. "Sounds like a bloody good time."

The moment of mirth had passed and Tara‘s face was stone once more.

He noticed the look and suddenly wished he could do something, anything to make it all go away. He looked down at the sidewalk. “You don’t want to kill him, do you?" he asked softly.

"Want to? Yes, I do.” A pause. “Will I? Doubtful.” she informed him.

Spike gave her a puzzled look. Suddenly it dawned on him. "But you've got something planned, don't you?

Tara nodded. "Nobody messes with my girl." she vowed staring straight ahead.

Spike grinned. He really liked this kick ass Tara. "Let the ass kicking commence." he declared removing his arm, pulling out his smokes, and lighting a cigarette.

Tara wasn't as thrilled about being Rack‘s judge, jury, & executioner. On the other hand, she wasn't about to let Rack hurt anyone else the way he had hurt Willow. His dealing days were definitely coming to an end. Tonight.

------------------

I really love over protective butch Tara...I think she's going to hang around for a while. Hmm, one more part to get everyone together...then Showdown at Rack's.

------------------
Love will find a way.

[This message has been edited by jessan15 (edited March 26, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:56 pm 
I am loving kick ass/protective bitch Tara!! She rocks!! This was a great part - powerful, and fun at the same time. Thanks jessan!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:56 am 
Hell yeah! This is so tight! Please post more soon!!!!
-Will

------------------
"Hear that, baby? You're my always."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 3:59 am 
Absolutly, positively LOVED this part. Kick-ass Tara RULES beyond the telling of it. I can't wait for the showdown...it's gonna be good.

----------------------
Once you fall for Willow you stay fallen.
Buffy to Willow about Tara in Normal Again

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:01 am 
you are so evil, making us wait again for another great part!

I like it

Patricia

------------------
"What are they looking at?"
"The hotness of you, doofus!"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:33 am 
loving your story can't wait to see Tara take the nice little Warlock on.

Love spike in your story to.

Daydreams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:58 am 
go tara its your birthday go tara...or something to that effect

protective tara kicks ass!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:06 pm 
Ok, here's the next part before we get to the party at Rack's...I'm having too much fun with Amy BTW...

Title: Lost & Found - Part 24
Author: Jessan
Summary: Two witches going in different directions...for the moment
Spoiler Warning: Up to and including "Wrecked" in Season 6.
Disclaimer: They do not belong to me...no copyright infringement intended. Joss is my God. All hail the glorious one. (It just called out to me.)
Rating: R (strong language)

------------------

Willow, Xander and Anya had been searching for about 30 minutes when they found Buffy just outside the cemetery.

"Where's the fire?" Buffy asked running up to the car.

"Did you find Tara?" Willow asked from the back seat window, the desperation in her voice quite obvious.

Buffy shook her head no. "Sorry Will.” Obviously everyone was searching for the blonde wiccan now. “Did you guys see Liam while you were out?"

"Who?" Willow asked in utter confusion. Realization dawned. "Oh, um, no. And since when do you call him that?" she wondered.

Buffy didn‘t think twice about her answer. "Since we started dating."

Willow‘s eyebrows shot sky high. She then just shook her head. "Mental note. File that tidbit under yell later."

"Can we agree on discuss later? I'm really not in the yelling kind of mood." The slayer pleaded with tired eyes. It had been a long day.

Before Willow could reply to the slayer, she felt something. She sucked in a short breath as the hair on the back of her neck stood on end. She was closer to Tara this time, so even though the spell was brief, the impact was fast and furious. From that, Willow determined the spell was extremely focused and powerful.

"Willow?" Xander said with a note of concern.

The sensations of Tara casting came in varying degrees. This one was like a slap. Short, sweet, and to the point. This spell she didn‘t have to spend anytime thinking about. She had used it herself more than enough times to know it by heart. "Flame spell. Shit."

Anya noticed the confused slayer and decided to fill her in. "Tara's trying to find Rack.“ she informed the slayer.

Willow shivered at the mention of the dealer‘s name, then focused on Buffy. “If he gets his hands on her, I'll…” She knew what she wanted to say, but she knew she wasn’t supposed to voice those impulses. “I don't want him touching her. I don't want him setting his beatty eyes on my girl. Ever." Her feelings of love for the blonde witch were clearly still evident.

Buffy remembered what Spike had told her about Rack‘s. It was cloaked and only supernatural types could find it. Demons. Vampires. Witches. “Can you still find his place since you haven't been casting in awhile?"

Willow shrugged. "Well, I could, but it might take all night. Sorta like trying to find a needle in a haystack, even if I am a metal detector.“ Willow was racking her brain to figure out another way to find Rack’s. She could come up with only one alternative. “Head over to Amy's. I'm sure she'll know where he is."

Buffy jumped in the backseat and Xander peeled out, heading for Amy’s.

--------------------------

Giles walked into the Magic Box for the first time in several months. It looked the basically the same. Anya had changed very few things since his departure. Everything was neat and orderly. Giles grinned. He couldn’t have chosen a better partner.

Dawn interrupted his thoughts. “So what are we looking for again?”

Giles shook his head. He wasn’t here to reminisce, he had a job to do. “We need to find the Summoning Spells of Lukar. It should be in the stacks upstairs.” he told her.

Dawn ran up the stairs excited to be allowed to help for a change. Giles quickly followed.

After about 10 minutes of searching, Dawn walked over and tapped Giles on the shoulder. “Is this it?” she asked.

Giles examined the book. It was the title he was searching for, now if only…he opened the book and flipped several pages. “Perfect.”

Dawn was thrilled. “So I did good?” she asked.

Giles smiled at his youngest adopted child and ran a hand over her shoulder. “You did splendidly.” He took out a small tablet and began writing down names of the necessary ingredients for the spell. “Do you think you can find these?” he asked.

Dawn smiled at being offered more to do. “Sure thing.” she assured the watcher. She headed back down the stairs and started reading the labels on the jars behind the counter.

Giles went through the shelves upstairs and got the remaining few items needed to summon Anteros. After he was done collecting, he returned to the main floor. He was pleased to see that Dawn had almost all the ingredients on her list lined up on the counter. “Find everything alright?” he questioned.

Dawn frowned. “Almost. I can’t figure out what this one is.” She pointed it out on the list.

Giles chuckled. “Sorry. I should have been a little more considerate. You haven’t taken up Latin yet, have you?”

Dawn rolled her eyes. “Yes, cause Sunnydale High offers that as a language option.” She said sarcastically. “No, I don’t know Latin.” she sighed.

Giles picked up the remaining ingredient and showed it to her. Dawn made a disgusted face. “Ugh. And that would be a good reason not to learn it. Please don’t tell me what that is.”

Giles blushed. “That’s probably for the best.” He really had no desire to explain how feline genitalia would be helpful in the spell. “Pack everything up and let’s head home. We want to be ready when the others return.” he told her grabbing a box from under the counter.

On the way out, Giles turned to take one last look at the shop. “You’ve made me very proud Anya.” he whispered, then headed out the door to the car.

----------------------

Tara and Spike turned the corner at 7th and Main to find an empty alley. Tara sensed something, but wasn’t sure what to make of it. “Can you see it?” she asked the vampire.

Spike surveyed the alley from side to side. “Not exactly. I can see where the air is rippled from the cloak though.” he said pointing straight ahead. “You ready for this Blondie?”

“No. So let’s hurry and get it over with.” she said putting on a determined face.

They walked straight ahead and to anyone watching, quickly disappeared.

They entered the waiting room and Tara fought the urge to vomit. There were a few strung out junkies on tattered old couches around the room. Most were silent, each dealing with waiting for their next fix in their own way. One young man was happily talking about flying techniques with a lamp.

Tara looked over at Spike. “Most of these people have almost no magical ability whatsoever.” she whispered.

Spike looked over at a young girl sitting by her herself in the corner. She couldn’t have been more than 13 years old. “Normal humans came come to him too. He can take life energy from them instead.” he looked down at his feet. “They obviously pay a higher price than withdraw in the end.” he explained.

Tara glanced over at the young girl in the corner. “This stops now.” She opened her senses and could feel a strong presence on the other side of the door opposite the entrance. She tightened her hands into fists and nodded towards the door. She offered Spike one last chance to leave. “You don’t have to do this.” she reminded him. “I can do it alone.”

Spike just smiled at the young witch. “After you Blondie.” he said gesturing with his hand for her to lead the way.

Tara nodded her head. They walked over to the door and opened it.

--------------------------

Willow knocked on the door at Amy’s house with Buffy standing to her right. She caught Amy’s eyes looking out the window. Willow noticed the witch’s face go pale. “Go away. You aren’t getting me in trouble. Forget it.” she said through the door.

Willow and Buffy shared a confused look. “What she’s talking about?” Buffy muttered.

Willow shrugged. “I have no idea.” she whispered back. “Maybe she’s high.” She faced the door once more. “Come on Amy. I need your help.”

Although her face was no longer visible, they heard the dark haired witch speak. “No way. We’re through Willow. You made that perfectly clear and so did you girlfriend. I am not getting any further on her bad side than I already am. Fucking forget it.” she said putting the chain on the door.

“Tara was here?” Willow apparently said to no one.

“Yes, and I got the message. Go the hell away. I prefer walking on two legs thank you very fucking much.” she hissed thru the door.

Willow was stunned by what she was hearing. Tara had threatened Amy? No, Tara wouldn’t do that. Willow had never even seen her threaten the demons and vampires they fought. Would Tara have threatened to turn Amy back into a rat? Finally the pieces of the puzzle were coming together in Willow’s mind. ‘She’s trying to protect me. I pushed her away again and she’s still willing to risk her life to keep me safe. She’s confronting ‘my’ demons.’ Willow shook her head. ‘She’s not going to do it alone.’

Willow‘s face hardened as she stared at the door once more. “Amy, open this damn door now or…or I’ll have Buffy break the damn thing down.” Willow glanced at the slayer. “You know she can.” she assure the witch.

The two girls heard a brief “Fuck me.” uttered from the other side of the door, immediately followed by the unlatching of the chain and the clicking of the deadbolt. She opened the door a crack and peeked out at the redhead. “What?”

“I need you to take me to Rack’s.” Willow explained.

Amy slapped her forehead. “Hell no.” She thought about the blonde witch’s warning. “You’ve got to be kidding. Tara would kill me for sure.”

Buffy had had enough. “Yeah, and you’ve seen Willow in action. What do you think she’ll do to you if something happens to Tara because we are wasting our time listening to you whine?” Buffy didn’t really like what she was suggesting, but time was of the essence. She went with the biggest lie she could think of.

Amy considered the slayer’s words. If she didn’t help them and something happened to the blonde, then the Willow would probably fall of the wagon and look for someone to take it out on. If she took them to Rack’s and he gets his hands on Willow, the blonde would kill her. ‘Talk about your no win situations.’ she thought. “Fuck.“ She eyed the slayer. “Only if Buffy comes too. Maybe your butch girlfriend won‘t hurt me if she’s with us.”

Willow heard the derogatory words about her lover and nearly snapped. She felt her muscles tense and she desperately fought to keep herself calm. “Get your ass out here before I get pissed.” Willow warned. “If there was any other way, I sure as hell wouldn’t be asking you for help.”

Amy accepted the biting comment for what it was. She no longer had a place in the redhead’s life. She had blown that big time. Amy opened the door and grabbed her coat. “Let’s go. Tara left here about 10 minutes ago.” she said closing the door behind her.

-------------------

Party at Rack's! Everyone's invited! Come on down...it's gonna be a rocking good time.

------------------
Love will find a way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:11 pm 
Great update.....loved that Tara is kicking ass and taking names. GO TARA!!!! And just for the record..I don't mind that you have Spike as Liam,afterall his real name is WilLIAM. And Buffy did ask him if he would like to be called William or Bill. Anywho..great update,waiting on the next fix.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:01 pm 
LOL! Dude, i am so enjoying this. Especially the Amy parts
-Will

------------------
"Hear that, baby? You're my always."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:33 pm 
Wow!! This is fabulous! Go Tara! *Pixie grabs baseball bat and marches off to join the party at Rack's*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:18 am 
* hangs from the cliff a little late into this fic...* oh wow..

------------------
My heart is cleaver than I am and it knows what to do. ~MC 'Legends of the Kiss'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:57 am 
When will Amy get smacked around?? Please say there will be smacking and possibly punching.

I'm up for heading to Rack's! Saddle up, ladies. hehehe :: awaiting kick ass Tara, feverishly ::

Great update!

------------------
"I think Spike was right back at the gas station. Snap out of it!" -Willow, to a catatonic Buffy

"I'm a blood sucking fiend. Look at my outfit!" -Willow

[This message has been edited by JennY (edited March 27, 2002).]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:46 am 
I still stick with my last comment: you're pure evil for making us wait and long for new updates... every time you write a great new chapter with a BIG cliffhanger, and then you make us wait again... meanie!!!
jumping up and down impatiently

Patricia

------------------
"What are they looking at?"
"The hotness of you, doofus!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:29 pm 
Jessan ... you're being a tease again!! It's not fair *pouts* ... maybe we could have some W/T interaction in the next chapter *begs* please *grovels* - What do you say? *major grovel with pretty sugar icing on top*

-Sam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:25 am 
Sorry jenny, but there will be no slamming or punching of the former rat. I kinda like her. I always did. She's just a little lost, and doesn't have the friends to help. She's so much fun when she's paranoid too.

Ok, i thought I had a copy of my story with me, but I don't and now I can't work on it and I am so ticked off. AGH!!! Had to share.

Anyway, there will be a huge update later tonight sometime.

Let's see...

Tara gets pissed off
Buffy goes payback-y
Spike gets protective
Rack's scared
Amy's hiding
Anya's hiding
Xander is useless (j/k)
Willow's a nervous wreck
Dawn doesn't know Latin
Giles is proud

Sounds like one hell of a good time to me.

------------------
Love will find a way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:00 am 

hehe... I'm loving this fic!

*goes to help kick Rack in the behind*

------------------
~Mel

Random Ass Webpage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next