The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: FIC - Lost and Found
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:09 am 
Loved the update. The B/S interaction was great and I'm glad they finally told Dawn. Can't wait for the next part.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:13 am 
Great update. I still love it.

Thanks.

Ange.

------------------

"Things are not always what they seem to be...." Shakespare.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:50 am 
great story so far!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:11 am 
More soon please! It is sooooooo great. You keep doing this to us!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:34 pm 
Can I not offer a cash incentive here???
Oh, I wish I had patience!!! Well, at the very least you now need to promise me that they definitely meet in the next part and we have some W/T goodness!!!

So, tomorrow then? Name your price.

*Sam*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:09 pm 
Well, since everyone is feeling so cheated...I decided I would give in and give you all what you wanted...sort of...small update, so everyone will stop calling me names. The big reunion scene.

Title: Lost & Found - Part 20A
Author: Jessan
Summary: Two witches going in different directions...for the moment
Spoiler Warning: Up to and including "Wrecked" in Season 6.
Disclaimer: They do not belong to me...no copyright infringement intended. Joss is my God. All hail the glorious one. (It just called out to me.)
Rating: PG-13
Notes: Everyone will be running into each other eventually...all our favorite pairs are in the mix...and some odd pairings as well.

-----------------

As the front door opened, seven people collectively held their breath.

Xander and Anya walked in first and made a mad dash for the corner chair. They didn't want to be the line of fire, but they did want a good seat to watch the action.

Willow was pushed in the front door by Giles. She stumbled slightly and stared at the floor. When Willow entered the house, she had a sudden flash in her mind's eye. She saw herself walking into Rack's place.

The hacker shook her head trying to chase away the ghost that haunted her day and night, but she found she could not. Being this close to Tara, Willow's body was on a wild ride. She felt lightheaded and dizzy. She put her hand up against the doorframe to steady herself. Only then did she realize that she had no feeling in her fingertips.

Willow glanced down at her shoes trying desperately to center herself. As she picked her head up to address the gang, her eyes went straight to Tara's concerned face. As green eyes met blue, the only words that came to Willow's mind were, "I've gotta unpack." She muttered and took off running up the stairs, without her luggage.

Everyone in the room was beyond words at what had just transpiried. Buffy thought that it would be more like they were when they first met, shy and awkward. She never expected Willow to go totally avoid-y on Tara. She looked over at the blonde witch, who still sat there at a loss for words. The slayer walked over and sat down next to her. "You ok?" she asked timidly.

Tara looked over at Buffy unable to form coherent speech patterns at the moment. She had a million thoughts running through her mind, but none were very forth coming at this exact moment. 'She just ranaway from me. She was scared. Was she that afraid of me? Was she worried about what I would say? Does she think I want some kind of retribution or something? Does she think I won't forgive her? Why was this happening now?' she thought.

They were so close. There was no turning back. She finally found her voice. "Oh no you don't Willow Rosenberg. No more running." she said with grim determination as she headed up the stairs.

Buffy looked around the room at the rest of her friends. "Um, so does anyone want to be somewhere else right now?"

"Oooo, me." Dawn said.

"Definately." Xander chimed in.

"Count me in." Spike added.

"We ain't left yet." Anya pointed out. "Should someone stay, just in case...?" Anya questioned.

Dawn and the two couples all turned and looked at Giles.

Giles gave a somewhat offended look. "Oh so I'm expected to be the one to face the wraith of the witch?"

"Or possibly the sounds of wild lesbian sex." Anya proudly pointed out.

Dawn, Buffy and Spike managed to stifle their laughter rather well. Xander, on the other hand, failed miserably.

Giles shot him an annoyed look. "Xander, I am so glad to see that your newly aquired responsibility has done much to increase your level of maturity."

Xander stared at him totally confused.

Spike smacked him in the back of the head. "He said you're an idiot monkey boy."

Giles rolled his eyes. "Some things never change." she said removing his glasses and rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I'll handle the girls. You all go entertain yourselves making sordid jokes at my expense."

Five sets of eyes darting around from on person to the next as if saying, "would we do that?"

Buffy finally spoke for the group. "Just remember, you told us to." she reminded him as they started heading for the door. "Later." She said handing Spike his blanket. He made his mad dash to the car first. The others quickly followed him out the door.

"Call Xander's cell when it's safe to come back." Anya shouted from outside before the door closed.

Giles rolled his eyes and headed to the kitchen to see if their was anything in this house that he could use to make tea.

-----------------------------------

Well, is that the reunion anyone expected? And you all were in such a rush to see it? Er, i mean, read it. Hmm, so much to do. Willow's really got to stand up and face some of these issues, don't you?

------------------
Love will find a way.

[This message has been edited by jessan15 (edited March 20, 2002).]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:24 pm 
It's great jessan... I'm sorry. I don't think we meant to rush you. I'm very impatient, and it's such a good fic. Can you blame us?

-Aimee

------------------
"Hey Will, this is me. It doesn't all have to be good and fine. This is the room where you don't have to be brave. I still love you. If you're worried, you can be worried." -Tara to Willow in ep. 603 Afterlife

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:30 pm 
I, for one, am Still going to call you a tease! You earned it, Jessan!
And this.... you think This is going to prove you otherwise?!? Nosirree, it is not. Come On! Dialogue! Between Willow and Tara dialogue! We got eye contact... Which is nice.... but, hello? Teasy much?
You should be forced to run around with a big scarlet T sewn on your shirts, so that everyone will know that you are a tease!

I only say these things because I appreciate your writing. You know that, don't you?
*cough*shamelesstease*cough*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:39 pm 
Great...but waaaaaay too short. I'm the one who asked for eye contact. lol I guess I should have specified talking, as well. All kidding aside, I'm really into this fic. You're doing a great job...and keep the updates coming!

------------------
"I think Spike was right back at the gas station. Snap out of it!" -Willow, to a catatonic Buffy

"I'm a blood sucking fiend. Look at my outfit!" Willow

[This message has been edited by JennY (edited March 20, 2002).]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:57 pm 
Jessan you're so mean!! *goes back to furiously sewing huge scarlet "T"s on Jessan's clothes.

[This message has been edited by Pixie (edited March 20, 2002).]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:37 pm 
All with the lack of smoochies. But one good thing was assertive Tara. I liked her very much. She neds to make another appearance
-Will

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:16 am 
Ok, this is the entire part 20 update, I reposted part A with this one, but there's much more afterwards, so keep reading. And I swear, Willow/Tara interaction DOES HAPPEN. Oh, much crying too...Sorry.

Title: Lost & Found - Part 20
Disclaimer: They do not belong to me...no copyright infringement intended. Joss is my God. All hail the glorious one. (It just called out to me.)
Notes: Everyone will be running into each other eventually...all our favorite pairs are in the mix...and some odd pairings as well.

-----------------

As the front door opened, seven people collectively held their breath.

Xander and Anya walked in first and made a mad dash for the corner chair. They didn't want to be the line of fire, but they did want a good seat to watch the scene play out.

Willow walked in before Giles. Willow didn't have to look to know that Tara was sitting on the end of the couch. The redhead knew where she was the moment they pulled up to the house. Willow could feel her.

When Willow walked into the house, she had a sudden flash. She saw herself walking into Rack's place. As she shook her head trying to chase away the ghost that haunted her day and night, she found she couldn't. this close to Tara, Willow was sent on a wild ride. She felt lightheaded and dizzy. She put her hand up against the doorframe to steady herself. Only then did she realize that she had no feeling in her fingertips. She glanced down at the carpet trying desperately to center herself. As she picked her head up to address the gang, her eyes locked on Tara's concerned face. As green eyes met blue, the only words that came to Willow's mind were, "I've gotta unpack." She took off running up the stairs.

Everyone in the room was beyond words at what had just transpired. Buffy thought that it would be more like they were when they first met, shy and awkward. She never expected Willow to go all avoid-y on Tara. She looked over at Tara who still sat there at a loss for words. The slayer went over and sat down next to her. "You ok?" she asked timidly.

Tara looked over at Buffy. She had a million thoughts running through her mind, but none were very forth coming from her mouth at this exact moment.

'She just ran away from me. She was scared. Was she that afraid of me? Was she worried about what I would say? Does she think I want some kind of retribution or something? Does she think I won't forgive her? Why was this happen now?' she thought.

They were so close. There was no turning back. Finally, she found her voice. "Oh no you don't Willow Rosenberg. No more running." she said with grim determination as she headed up the stairs.

Buffy looked around the room at the rest of her friends. "Um, so does anyone want to be somewhere else right now?"

"Oooo, me." Dawn said.

"Definitely." Xander chimed in.

"Count me in." Spike added.

"We ain't left yet." Anya pointed out. "Should someone stay, just in case...?" Anya questioned.

Dawn and the two couples all turned and looked at Giles.

Giles gave a somewhat offended look. "Oh so I'm expected to be the one to face the wrath of the witch?"

"Or quite possibly the sounds of wild lesbian sex." Anya proudly pointed out.

Dawn, Buffy and Spike managed to stifle their laughter rather well. Xander, on the other hand, failed miserably.

Giles shot him an annoyed look. "Xander, I am so glad to see that your newly acquired responsibility has done much to increase your level of maturity."

Xander stared at him totally confused.

Spike smacked him in the back of the head. "He said you're an idiot monkey boy."

Giles rolled his eyes. "Some things never change." she said removing his glasses and rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I'll handle the girls. You all go entertain yourselves making sordid jokes at my expense."

Five sets of eyes darting around from one person to the next as if saying, "Would we do that?"

Buffy finally spoke for the group. "Just remember, you told us to." she reminded him grabbing her purse. "Later." she said him as they started heading for the door.

Spike grabbed his blanket and made his mad dash to the car first. The others quickly followed him out the door.

"Call Xander's cell when it's safe to come back." Anya shouted from outside before the door closed.

Giles rolled his eyes and headed to the kitchen to see if their was anything in the house that he could use to make a half decent cup of tea.

Once Willow reached her bedroom, she locked the door, and jumped on the bed. Hugging the pillow to her chest, she shut her eyes tightly attempting to block out the sensations being near Tara had caused. The magic poured off her like waves rolling in the ocean. No one else realized it, but Willow couldn’t ignore it. She felt high again. Worse, she felt dirty. The feeling reminded the hacker of being at Rack’s.

Willow's magic bender was coming back to haunt her with a vengeance. Tara had always warned her that magic had consequences. Too bad Willow never bothered to listen.

‘I can’t be with her and feel like this. It's not fair to her. If I can't love her completely, then best not to put us both through the pain and misery.' she reasoned.

Willow could feel the blood pumping in her ears. One kiss, one touch, the cravings would be gone, but the memory of Rack would never go away. All she needed Tara to do was fully open up their connection once more, then Willow's body would feel like this forever. No more nightmares, no more shortness of breath, no more sweating, no more headaches. Instead, she would be on a constant high and thinking about HIM every second of everyday.

Tara tried the door. "Willow. Open the door." she said in a firm tone.

Everything she wanted was on the other side of the door. Hope, salvation, forgiveness, love, all of it was on the other side of the door that she refused to open. So was the memory of how she let Rack poison their love. Willow’s response was short. "I can’t."

Tara took a deep breath. "Then I will." she responded.

"NO!" Willow screamed. She felt the change inside her body. Tara was going to use magic.

A few whispered words, then… "Unlock." Tara heard the click and opened the door. Tara saw the love of her life curled up on her bed crying relentlessly.

Willow had felt Tara’s magic and now could only think about feeling it again. Being this close to the source only intensified the craving.

"Willow, we…" Tara was abruptly cut off.

"No, don't say anything. You don't understand. I wasted my chance with the most amazing person to ever come into my life because I was scared. And now I am paying for it." Willow’s breathing was labored. "Please go. Please."

Tara sat down on the edge of the bed. Willow scampered as far away from her as she could. The blonde witch was being torn apart watching her lover suffering thru withdraw.

"Will, I‘m going to help you." Tara insisted.

"You can‘t." she pleaded. "I won’t let my most precious memories become my darkest nightmare." Willow vowed.

"Willow, what are you talking about baby?" She said in utter confusion. "I’m here for you."

"That‘s the problem." she said her hands shaking violently against the pillow. "The one thing I want more than anything is the one thing I can’t have."

Tara was desperately trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. "Magic?"

Willow shook her head as her body was racked with sobs. "No, you." she whispered. She wiped her nose on the sleeve of her shirt. "And that scares me more than anything I‘ve ever faced in my life."

Tara couldn‘t understand where this was coming from. Willow wasn‘t making any sense. "Do you know what scares me? Walking out of this room right now and spending the rest of my life never feeling the way I do when I'm with you. From the moment we met, you changed my entire life, just by holding my hand. You made every day special and unique. I see things differently when I'm with you. I miss that." A pause. "I need that."

Willow shook her head defiantly. She tried to convince her heart that every word Tara had just said was pure fiction. "You don‘t mean that." She said burying her head in the pillow once more.

Tara stood up from the bed and walked over to look out the window. "I need you. Insecurities, babbling, intelligence, laughter, love, everything that comes as part of the big Willow package. I can't live my life without it, I don't want to. I shouldn't have to." She finished and turned to see the redhead’s reaction.

"You shouldn’t want me." Willow said with a tear stained face. Every second she spent in Tara's presence was a mixture of heaven and hell. Physically, her body was being satisfied. Mentally and emotionally, Willow was a train wreck.

Tara desperately wanted to comfort her lover, but every time she made the slightest move towards the redhead, she cried harder. Tara stood her ground and spoke from her heart. "Baby, I've wanted you from the first moment I laid eyes on you, nothing will ever change that."

Willow held her head in her hands and desperately tried to wipe some tears from her face. "But it‘s all different now. Everything is tainted and I don‘t know how to change that."

"What‘s tainted? Tell me baby. Whatever’s wrong, we‘ll face it together. I swear." She pleaded inching closer to Willow.

Willow saw her coming closer and tried frantically to climb the wall behind the bed to get away from her. "Ask Giles. He'll explain. Please. You need to go. Just please go." she said as her whole body shook uncontrollably.

Tears welled up in Tara’s eyes and sprang forth. She couldn’t stand seeing her lover like this, but she didn’t know how to help her. She cried as she walked out the door and left Willow alone.

----------------------------

Tara stormed down the stairs nearly hysterical. "Giles!" she shouted.

He looked up from his book.

"What the hell have you been filling her head with?" she bellowed at him.

"Let me guess, she questioned whether or not your two love each other because of magic, right?" Giles had a plan to deal with this problem, so he wasn't overly concerned.

"No, she didn't say anything about magic. Everything she's saying makes no sense. She made it sound like..." Tara paused as if saying the next words out loud might make them true. "there was something wrong about her loving me." she said, her eyes betraying her insecurities about that statement. Could that be true? "What's going on?" she demanded

Giles face was a sudden combination of surprise and fear. Apparently, Willow had more issues than she had revealed to him. The only way to solve a problem is to understand all the factors. He began telling Tara about their discoveries overseas. "The night you first joined your magics together, Anteros, the Italian god of mutual love, bestowed upon you the gift of soul-bonding."

"Soul bonding is rewarding two souls that are destined to be together. It's not a curse." Tara desperately tried to piece together the puzzle of her lover's fears. "Why would that make her loving me wrong?" she said, still waiting for the answer to come to her.

Giles was desperately trying to determine the best way to approach the young witch about their 'connection'. "Willow isn't seeing things clearly right now. I believe her thoughts have a tendency to get murky when you are involved." Giles said trying to reassure the blonde about her lover's antics.

"I make her murky?" Tara said in a ludicrous tone that was slowly nearing pissed off.

Giles noted the fact that he was losing Tara's usual calm and level-headedness during times of crisis. It was time to drop the bomb on Tara. "Was she demonstrating symptoms of withdraw?"

"Yes." Tara simply said, hoping Giles was going to get to a point sometime soon.

"Did you use magic?" He asked.

Tara's eyes fell away from his face and met the floor. "Um, kinda. She wouldn't open the door."

"Oh dear lord. I never considered that you might..." he cleared his throat trying to calm himself enough to explain the situation to Tara. "Tara, she's not addicted to dark magic. She's addicted to yours."

Tara's eyes shot wide and her tone became incredibly defiant. "That's impossible. The only way that could happen would be if Anteros granted us a soul bonding the moment we met, it would take years for her to get..." Tara's own words crept into her head. She had just confirmed what Giles had told her. "Oh my god."

"Precisely." Giles said, slightly relieved now that Tara understood the specifics of the situation.

"So when we broke up?" Tara questioned, knowing the answer, but wanting to hear Giles confirm it.

"She needed at least twice, maybe three times the dark magic to compensate for what you gave to her naturally." Giles explained.

"So I can control her addiction." the blonde witch pointed out.

"Quite literally actually." Giles said nodding.

"So then what's the problem? I love her. I want us back together again!" She stated still not seeing what would terrify her lover so about being near her.

They were still missing something that would fully explain Willow's reactions. "Did she say anything else?" Giles asked hoping that Willow had given Tara some sort of clue.

Tara ran the conversation over again in her head and rattled off some bits and pieces. "Not to come near her. I'm the one thing she can't have but wants more than anything." Tara briefly paused thinking of other things Willow said that made no sense. "Something about her most precious memories becoming her darkest nightmare."

Giles immediately recognized the psychology surrounding that statement. "What would her worst nightmare be?" he questioned.

"It used to be that something would happen to me." she said, slightly embarrassed.

Giles nodded in understanding. "She could be worried about her doing something to you."

"She wouldn't. I know she wouldn't. I can feel that." Tara shook her head. "No, it has to be something else."

"She used a lot of magic when you were gone. Could she have done something that would have possibly affect you?" he pondered.

"She changed Amy back and started using magic non-stop." Tara's eyes went wide in understanding. "And she went to see Rack."

Giles put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Soul-bonding, Tara, Rack, precious memories, darkest nightmare, addiction. "Every time she feels your magic, she's remembering Rack. And because of the bond, she can feel your magic when you cast or when she's close to you."

"Oh God baby." She said sitting down and putting her head in her hands. She looked up at Giles as the tears began to fall. "What can I do?" She pleaded.

He walked over to the couch and wrapped his arms around the weeping girl. "We'll figure something out. I promise." he swore.

-----------------------

Hope the reunion didn't chase anyone away...afterall, this is W/T...they always find each other. Have faith.

------------------
Love will find a way.

[This message has been edited by jessan15 (edited March 21, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:49 am 
Jessan, Wil's addicted to Tara and Tara's addicted to Willow ... and I'm addicted to this story!!!

Amazing update!!! I'm happy with the reunion so far, knew it had to be angsty!!!

Did I call you a Tease? I thought I offered you money as well!! Oh well, no pleasing some - hehehe!!!

Take your time, if needs be I can wait till Sat and tonight I have Buffy - Doublemeat Palace!!!

Honestly, I think I can wait ... I'm not addicted, I'm NOT ... Hello, my name's Sam and I'm a story addict *sigh*

I haven't got the shakes ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:39 pm 
LOVED this part. Tara finding out about it like that was a lot better than having Willow just tell her. I liked how you wrote Tara's reaction when Giles told her. I could SO see her doing that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:25 pm 
Another great installment. ...and long, too! I needed that. Thanks.

------------------
"I think Spike was right back at the gas station. Snap out of it!" -Willow, to a catatonic Buffy

"I'm a blood sucking fiend. Look at my outfit!" -Willow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:42 pm 
wipes away tears

great update! But I do need W/T happiness soon!!!!!

Patricia

------------------
"What are they looking at?"
"The hotness of you, doofus!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:55 pm 
*sniffle* Very angsty. But Giles will make everything okay, right? He and Tara will help Willow? I want smoochies, damnit!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:06 pm 
All I can say is...if it took 20 parts to get them in the same room, how long do YOU think it will take them to get to the smoochies?

So many things to deal with first...Rack, Amy, Anteros...Oops, I think I just gave away something about the next update...

Let's see...Assertive Tara will be around for a while...and wait until she...ooo, that would be telling...

------------------
Love will find a way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:36 pm 
Wonderful update, Jessan. And yay for Assertive Tara sticking around. Heh... she's hot.

But I really, really want another update. I'm just lovin' this story.

------------------
"Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind." -Glory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:55 pm 
Well, let's see how Tara is going to deal with things, shall we? Oh and a little gambling fun too...

Title: Lost & Found - Part 21

----------------------

The gang stopped at the Expresso Pump to get mochas and goodies then headed to the Magic Box to enjoy some quality afternoon munchie time together while they waited for Giles to call. Sitting around the table, Spike looked at Buffy. "So, do you want to.." he said gesturing with his head toward Xander and Anya.

Buffy took a sip of her mocha and smiled sweetly at him. "Yeah, it's as good a time as any." She looked across the table at Xander and Anya. "There's something I want to tell you guys."

Anya had heard Spike’s comment and concluded that she was going to win her bet. "You two are an item, aren't you?" she said pointing between Spike and Buffy.

Buffy nodded, slightly surprised at the intuitiveness of the ex-demon.

Anya turned to her fiancé and playfully slapped his arm. "See? I told you. Now pay up!" she demanded with an open palm.

Xander was stunned to say the least. "No way. You guys aren't a couple, are you?"

Spike was smug at the bewildered look on Xander's face. "You owe the little lady some money." he confirmed.

Dawn let out a giggle.

Xander turned to face Anya. "You promised them a share of the money. This is a big joke on the Xand-man, isn't it?"

Anya let out an exasperated sigh. "A bet's a bet. Stop trying to get out of paying." she insisted.

Spike grabbed Buffy and gave her a sound kiss. "Is that proof enough for you?" he taunted with a wicked grin on his face for getting to show off his affections in front of the others finally.

Xander stared at one of his best friends. The look on Buffy's face after Spike kissed her said it all. She was in love with the vampire. Xander shook his head. "I can't believe this."

Buffy frowned as she looked at one of her oldest and dearest friends. "Are you freaked?"

"Not like this is something new." he said, still shaking his head. "I just can't believe this."

"Xander, I'm sorry if this bothers you, but.." Buffy was prepared to do some damage control.

Before she could finish, Xander interrupted her. "It's not that. I just can't believe that I lost the bet." he said pulling out his wallet and handing a fifty dollar bill to Anya. "You have NO IDEA what she is like when she wins something. I'll be listening to her gloat for months." he said returning his wallet to his pocket.

"Fifty bucks?" Buffy said not even trying to hide the surprise in her voice.

"I thought it was a sure thing." Xander proclaimed, rolling his eyes. "Guess not."

"Teach you to doubt a woman in matters of the heart, now won't it?" she said reveling in her victory. "1000 years as a vengeance demon. I do know a little something about love." she pointed out.

"Yes, you sure do." he leaned over and gave her a kiss. After about a minute, Buffy cleared her throat to remind them that their were other people present. The affianced couple finally broke the kiss. "Sorry."

"So, you're not freaked?" Buffy asked once more.

"Let's see. You've technically done this once before, Willow's in love with another woman, and I'm engaged to an ex-demon." Xander shrugged his shoulders. "In this town, if your happy, that's all that matters." he said with a genuine smile. "Love on the Hellmouth, ain't it grand?"

"Rot." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a twenty dollar bill and handed it to Buffy.

"Thank you." she said with an evil grin. "Told you so." she added.

Anya was slightly appalled. "You bet on how he would react?"

Buffy laughed. "You bet on whether or not we were sleeping together!" she said highly amused at the irony of the betting. “I think if anyone should be upset it should be me.”

Dawn was annoyed. "How come no one let me in on all this betting?"

"And you would pay with what money?" her sister questioned.

"Good point." Dawn noted.

At that moment, Xander's cell phone rang. "Ooo, verdict must be in." he said as he answered the phone. "Hello? We're down at the Magic Box. What's wrong?" Silence. "We'll be right there." he said hanging up the phone.

Everyone around the table was desperately waiting to hear the verdict, but Xander's tone on the phone didn't suggest hugs and puppies. "Willow freaked on Tara. He said Willow's in her room crying and Tara's on the couch downstairs crying."

"Weeping wiccan. Very bad sign. Let's go." Buffy said as they headed out to the car.

------------------------------

Giles walked up the stairs and stopped at the door to Willow's bedroom. He wasn't sure if he should allow her the opportunity to tell him to go away, so he simultaneously opened the door, knocked on it, and said her name. "Willow?" he questioned stepping in her room.

Willow was curled up on her bed holding a small teddy bear in her arms. "Giles, I couldn't do it. It hurts too much."

"Why didn't you tell me how much you still thought about Rack?" he asked sitting down on the bed.

"I didn't. Not really. Only when I started feeling guilty about how I had messed things up. I hadn't seen Tara since everything that happened with Rack. How was I supposed to know that everything I love about her would remind me of him?" she questioned.

"You need to push him out of your mind. I know what he did to you was horrible, but you have to rise above it. For Tara."

"You don't get it." She said as blood shot eyes stared at him. "I feel like Tara's my new dealer."

"She loves you." he gently reminded her.

"That's not the point. I know that. But I screwed up. Tara always warned me that magic had consequences. I never dreamed that it would cost me everything." she said wallowing in her grief once again.

"So that's it? You're just going to give up?" he said incredulously.

Anger flared up at him questioning her decision. "What would you have me do?" Willow shouted at him. "I can't be with her like this. It's wrong." she stated shaking her head. "Our love was special, not dirty. I feel like a bad lesbian cliché. I'm being punished for loving her." she said as the anger faded and sadness once again ruled her facial features.

"Willow, that is truly the dumbest thing I have ever heard out of your mouth." he declared.

Willow was taken aback at his statement.

"Punished, perhaps, but its not because you love her." he tried to reason with her.

"No, its because of magic. It gave me the best thing in my life and then became the one reason I can't be with her. Because saying it like that makes it all better." She said bitterly.

Giles shoulders slumped forward in defeat. "What am I supposed to tell Tara?"

"Tell her I love her and that I'm sorry." she said as the tears began to fall once more. She rolled on her side away from him. He watched as the sobs racked her small frame.

"She's not going to accept that. She's tried so hard to make things work despite everything that's happened. She won't give up now. Not on you.” A pause. “Not ever." he said as he walked out of the room and gently closed the door behind him. He silently prayed that re-enforcements would arrive shortly.

"I know." she muttered as the tears come with renewed vigor. 'Steadfast resolve. One of many reasons why I love her so much.' she thought.

----------------------------------

Giles walked down the stairs to see Tara waiting impatiently. “What’d she say?”

“It’s what we suspected. Rack’s influence is ruining her perspective. She made the comment about you being her new ‘dealer‘.” he said the last word with utter disgust.

“That’s ridiculous! How could she think that?” Tara desperately wanted to confront Willow again, but the memory of their last encounter still weighed heavily on her mind. Tara suddenly focused on her problem from a different angle. “Do we know anything about this Rack?”

“I believe Buffy said that Spike knew something about him, but not much. Only that he was some kind of warlock that fed off the addicts he created and was pretty much a horrible person to get involved with.” he said with a displeased look on his face. He didn’t like the fact that Tara was asking questions about Rack.

Tara wasn’t about to let anything keep her from the love of her life. “Amy took her there, didn’t she?” she asked.

“I believe so.” he answered. Giles knew better than to lie to her. He knew that she would be able to tell if he was.

“Do you know where Amy lives?” she asked, her questions becoming shorter and more direct.

“Um, no actually, I know where her mother lived, but she moved in with her father after her disappearance. I don’t know where he lives or even if she went back to him after Willow transformed her into a human again.” Giles was unsure what kind of information Amy could provide Tara with, but it seemed ill advised to question the wiccan at this point and time.

“She can’t hide. I‘ll find her.” she said with a harshness that one wouldn’t usually associate with Tara. She got up from the couch and headed to the door.

“Where are you going?” he asked, stupefied at her sudden departure.

“To grill a witch.” she said as she grabbed her coat and headed out the door.

Giles considered stopping her, but then thought better of it. Tara wasn’t a violent person. Surely she just had questions about Rack that only someone who had been there could answer. She wouldn’t consider harming Amy. Would she?

-----------------

Giles was in the kitchen making himself some tea when the others finally arrived. Buffy rushed into the kitchen. "Where's Tara?" she asked.

"She went to find Amy." he informed her.

"And you let her go?" Buffy said stunned.

"And what would you have had me do? Threaten her? Tie her up perhaps? I should think not." He said as he poured himself a cup of tea.

Buffy looked out the window at the setting sun. "If she's not here by sunset, we'll go looking for her."

“You think Amy might hurt Tara?” he questioned while stirring his tea.

Buffy shook her head and crossed her arms. “It's not Amy I'm worried about her going ballistic on.” Buffy shivered at the thought of Tara going payback-y. “I'm worried that Amy might take Tara to Rack.”

Giles dropped the spoon. “Oh dear lord.”

Buffy was grateful that he understood her concern. "Exactly. So what‘s the lowdown on the weeping witch-y duo?"

Giles picked up his tea and gestured towards the living room. "Let's go into the other room. I would rather only go through the heartbreaking story once.”

They walked into the living room and joined the rest of the gang

------------------------------

Well, let's see...next time...the gang kinda chooses sides in the whole Willow/Tara debate. Tara...well, she gets an unexpected visitor. And Giles lets some of us in on his plan.

What a week-end!

------------------
Love will find a way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 7:22 pm 
Don't leave us hanging! I wonder who's gonna be on who's side. I loved the last part. And I can't wait to see who Tara's unexpected visitor is. Can't wait for the next update...hope it's soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 7:56 pm 
Another great update Jessan!!! Willow is absolutely adorable thinking she can't love Tara cause it's not pure with the 'dealer' thing!!! And I have this feeling we're gonna start to see 'kick ass' Tara next with Amy who won't take any shit!!!

Also, liked the betting jokes - very funny!!!
Rolling in the aisles ...

------------------
"We must have kissed a hundred times ...It was very nice." ~ Amber Benson

"After one take, [Buffy creator] Joss [Whedon] did say, 'Can we have one [kiss] that's less like you're going to sleep together in about five minutes?' " ~ Alyson Hannigan
~ The Body

[This message has been edited by Blue77 (edited March 22, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:30 am 
Jessan15: Very cool update, I soooooo can't wait to read some Willow and Tara goodness, I really hope that you write some soon.

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:47 am 
Oh Jessan, wonderful update! But just what is our lovely little Wiccan going to do when she finds Amy?

I think the roller coaster ride is just beginning. But I trust you to bring us to a glorious, smoochie-filled end.

------------------
"Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind." -Glory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:58 am 
Another great one, Jessan. Update me soon please!

I hope Tara fries Amy.

------------------

"I'm a blood sucking fiend. Look at my outfit!" -Willow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 4:33 pm 
Very good update!!!!!
Can´t wait for MORE!!!!

------------------
I think this line´s mostly filler...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:40 pm 
yay! just re-read thew whole fic so far again and can i say brillant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:10 pm 
Hey That was really amazing and I am loving your story. Please send more :-) I am sorry before about the whole CAPS ANNOYING thang Patricia but I was just trying to make my point. A horrible horrible thingd has happened my computer commited sucuide and has left me all alone. ( I am at a friends house right now) And since ur all wounderful kittens that wouldnt strave a poor willow-tara fan fic adict i was woundering if a kind sould could email the up date of this story at tounge@howamazing.com* I can check my email at school*, If it isnt to much trouble and some one is bored. It would make my day. And to the author how on earth did u ever think this up...it is so amazing!
Thanks Kittens
~trish~

:-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:35 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Trish_03:
I am sorry before about the whole CAPS ANNOYING thang Patricia but I was just trying to make my point

You're forgiven As said before, I didn't mean to offend you or anything. I guess we're both happy now again

And about the fic: I'm waiting for more! I soooo love it!

Patricia

------------------
"What are they looking at?"
"The hotness of you, doofus!"
quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:56 pm 
Hmm, probably no update again until Tuesday, so I hope this slightly larger update will hold you all till then. Exciting things coming....

Title: Lost & Found - Part 22

--------------------

After Giles had relayed everything that had happened since the five friends left earlier that afternoon, the questions started.

"Is Willow crazy or just stupid?" Spike demanded. Buffy shot him a steely gaze. "No luv, not taking it back. When is she going to get off her high horse and realize the world does NOT revolve around her?"

"Liam, she's doing this because it's ultimately unfair to Tara." Several eyebrows shot up at hearing the slayer call the vampire by his real name for the first time. “I would feel the same way if every time I was with you all I could think about was Angel.”

Giles glared at his slayer. Clearly she had failed to mention something to him. Unfortunately, now was not the best time to question her about the ethics of dating a vampire.

Spike stood up, enraged. "Bullshit. How can you defend her?” he said with more than a little disgust in his voice. “I warned her about magic.” he said pointing towards upstairs, where Willow was. “She played the game, now she has to pay the piper. So she has to deal with some sodding memories. She needs to get the hell over it." he shouted.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" said a voice from the stairs. Once she felt Tara leave, Willow decided it would be safe to come down. She had no idea she would be walking in front of the firing squad. "Have you gotten over everything you've done in your life?" she fired back.

Spike looked over at Buffy. "Actually, yeah I did. Found something called LOVE and dealt with it.” he said cynically. “Gonna tell me Blondie doesn't love you Red?" he dared her to deny it.

"This isn't her decision to make. It's mine." She countered.

That pulled Anya into the conversation. "I remember the night you two fought at our apartment. She was very specific about how YOU didn't get to decide what was best for us." Anya paused, realizing that was slightly confusing. "Meaning you two." she clarified. Anya felt the need to defend her friend. "You're doing it again." She said with an accusing glare.

"I am not. This has nothing to do with what I was doing before." Willow said in her defense.

"Yes it does Will." Xander piped in. "You just don't see it that."

Dawn walked over and stood in front of Willow who was standing at the bottom of the stairs. "How can you stand to be in the same room as me?" she questioned. "Don't I remind you of everything that happened at Rack's?"

Willow looked away from the young girl.

"Don't I?" she pushed.

"It's different Dawnie." She said sadly, unable to look at the teenager.

Dawn refused to back down. She hadn‘t had the chance to do anything the first time Tara left, but she refused to watch it happen again. "How is it different? You hurt all of us when you went to Rack's. We all forgave you. You still live in this house, don't you? How can you say its different?" she asked.

"You've never been addicted to anything, you couldn't understand." She said still unable to look at the dark haired girl.

Xander couldn't be silent any longer. "How about the child of two alcoholics Will? Could I understand?"

Xander questioning her was the last straw. She lashed out at her best friend. "Yes Xander, remember what all the beatings felt like when your dad was drunk when you were little? Are those good memories? Do you like to think about them every minute of every day? If Anya turned into a drunk and abused your child, could you deal with that?" she spat.

Xander suddenly understood where Willow was coming from. It was a suck-y place to be. He walked over and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm sorry." he told her sincerely.

The moment she felt his arms, all the tension in her body was released. The anger was gone, now their was only emptiness. "Just hold me." she begged him.

Anya spoke up annoyed. "Why does she always turn me into the bad guy?" she asked looking at Giles, who was sitting next to her not saying anything.

Spike looked out the window and noticed that the sun had gone behind the hills. "I'm gonna go look for Tara." he said. He wasn't willing to see Red's side of the story. He had a private motto about his favorite women(Buffy & Tara). 'What the blonde wants, the blonde gets.'

"I'll go with you." Buffy said and they walked out the door.

Dawn walked over and sat next to Giles. "What are we going to do?" She asked watching Xander holding Willow.

"It all depends on Tara." he said with a sigh. "And maybe a certain God." he added.

Anya looked at him quite surprised. "You think Anteros will help them?"

"He is the God of mutual love isn't he?" he asked suddenly realizing that Anya had some knowledge about this specific God that he hadn’t asked about yet.

"Yes, but he also incurs wrath against the one who destroys mutual love." She said tipping her head in Willow’s direction hinting that she most likely would be the intended victim.

"But they still love each other." Giles noted. "They never stopped."

Anya eyed him suspiciously. Her jaw dropped when she determined what he was plotting. "You're going to summon him, aren't you?"

Giles removed his glasses. "I think its going to be necessary." He said rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Dawn was extremely worried. The last time they came in contact with a god, things didn‘t work out that well. "He's not going to do anything bad to them, is he?" her voice cracked on the last two words.

Giles put his arm around Dawn to reassure her. "No, they're one of his chosen pair. He would only enact vengeance if one of them fell in love with someone else or cheated on the other." He said with a smile, knowing very well that neither girl would ever do either.

Dawn‘s was calmer, but still concerned. "So how's he going to help?"

Anya cut in before Giles could answer her question. “You can’t petition a request. You do realize that? It has to be one of them.”

Giles nodded in understanding. "Yes. I know the petition has to come from one of them but I can summon him on their behalf.“

“Willow won’t do it. I can guarantee that.” Anya stated grimly.

Giles sighed. “As I said, it depends on Tara."

When Xander finally released Willow from his embrace, she grabbed onto the banister to steady herself.

Xander dipped his head down to look her in the eyes. “Will, everything’s gonna work out. You‘ll see. I don‘t know how, but I know that you‘re not meant to be sad.” He put on a frown. “Sad Willow is not an option in Xanderland.” He said with mock seriousness. “The only Willow that is allowed in Xanderland is the wild, wacky, wonderful, worry-free, wiccan-lesbian-loving, Willow.” He held his hand up and scratched his chin “Have you seen her lately? We seem to have misplaced her.” he said trying desperately to make her smile.

His efforts were rewarded. She gave his arm a gentle squeeze. “You always could do that.” she told him.

“What?” he asked.

“Make me smile.” Willow said wrapping her arms around her chest.

Xander nodded approvingly. “True.” Despite the smile on her face, Willow still looked like she was missing something. She was missing a certain blonde witch that made her complete. “But I passed the crown about three years ago. I guess you were a little too preoccupied to notice.”

Willow went over and sat in the armchair. Her eyes saddening at the thought. Tara could always make her smile. It didn’t take much. A gesture, a chuckle, a grin, a touch, a word, almost everything she did made Willow smile. Just thinking about Tara made Willow smile.

Xander could almost see the gears turning in her mind. He could tell she was thinking about Tara. “Or maybe not.” he remarked with a sly grin. He put his hand on her shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Willow looked up at him and gave him a nod.

Their tender moment was interrupted by Giles clearing his throat. “I really think we should discuss this situation further.” he said. “Immediately.” he said in a demanding tone that left no room for argument.

Spike and Buffy split up as they left the house. Buffy headed toward downtown and Spike headed towards campus. Spike saw a dim light on in Tara‘s dorm room and decided he should go take a look. As he approached the door, his senses picked up the soft chanting on the other side of the door. He tried turning the handle, but the door was locked. "Figures." he muttered. “Open up Blondie.” He shouted, but got no response as the soft chanting continued. Tara was busy casting.

Spike waited for about two minutes. When Tara still hadn’t opened the door, he opened it himself. He pushed the door with a little vampire strength. The iron deadbolt smashed thru the steel doorframe with a sickening screech. ‘At least the door’s still on its hinges.’ he thought. Totally pissing off an irate witch would be a bad idea. Spike wasn’t sure how forgiving she would be about him breaking the lock. As Spike walked in the door, he was surprised to see Tara sitting in a casting circle with a map of Sunnydale in front of her. He determined she must be looking for something or someone. The question was…who or what was she trying to find? "What're you doing luv?"

Tara didn’t flinch. Even when Spike busted in, she never moved or raised her voice. The sheer amount of concentration and determination Tara possessed was enormous. Spike quietly closed the door and took a seat at her desk and waited for her to find what she was looking for.

After about ten minutes of waiting, Tara suddenly stopped chanting and turned to look at the vampire. “You’re lucky you didn’t break my focus. Do you have any idea how hard it is to locate someone you’ve never met, when don’t have anything of theirs to use as an aide?” she said with a slightly annoyed tone.

“I stopped pestering you, didn’t I?” he asked trying to get some points for patience.

Tara consented. “Yes, you did. Thank you.” She said as she stood up in the circle and stretched her legs.

“So who’re you looking for?” he asked as she walked over to the desk.

“Someone that can give me some answers about this whole mess.” she said grabbing a pen and piece of paper.

Spike put his hand on her arm. “Tara, you’re not going to confront Rack.” he asked searching her eyes looking for any hint of rage or anger.

Tara gave him the moment of rage he was looking for. “You won’t tell me what to do Spike.” She was sick and tired of other people taking decisions away from her. Tara’s calm demeanor returned when she remembered that Spike was worried about her, not trying to tell her what to do. “But no, that’s the last resort.” She reassured him. “I’ll start at the bottom and work my way up.” she said kneeling down in front of the map.

If not Rack, then who? “The rat?”

Tara nodded while she copied an address from the map. “Amy and I need to have a chat.”

Spike was starting to get really worried. “No one’s seen her since what happened with Willow. She may be strung out for all we know Blondie.” He watched the witch walk over to her closet and begin changing clothes. When she removed her top, Spike jumped up and turned the other way.

“You could have warned me.” he whined at her.

“I had no idea that my back would offend you. Forgive me.” He removed her silk blouse and put on a long-sleeve t-shirt. “And if Amy has any idea what’s good for her, she won’t be.” she said answering his previous question.

Spike stared at the mural on Tara‘s dorm room wall. “Blondie, she was stupid git and got Willow into something nasty, but she’s not all there.” he said pointing to his head. When he realized that they both had their backs to each other, he shook his head at his own stupidity. ‘Xander must be rubbing off on me.’ he thought.

“I know. Rat psychosis, right? Whatever.” she said pulling on her red duster. “But I don’t care about her problems.” she said turning around. She stared at the back of Spike’s duster and sighed. “Spike. I’m dressed now. You can turn around.” she said rolling her eyes. Inside, Tara felt honored that he was being such a gentlemen to her.

When he faced her once again, she continued her speech. “I want her to tell me about Willow. I want to know how she got her there. What she said or did to get Willow to go to someplace like that.”

Spike shoved his hands in his pockets and was still looking at the floor. “Ah, so you’re just gonna interrogate her?” As he finished, he lifted his head and tried to meet her eyes.

Tara‘s eyes went wide. “Do you really think I would hurt her?” she said in a wounded voice.

Spike shook his head. “No. I’m worried she’ll take you to Rack.” He looked over towards the window. “If that Bugger got off on Red, I can imagine how much he’d enjoy you Blondie.” he said in a small voice which betrayed his concern for the young witch.

Tara knew he was trying to scare her, but she refused to back down. No more running away, from anything. She had promised. For herself and for Willow. “Meaning?” she challenged him.

Spike wouldn‘t meet the eyes he knew were staring at him waiting for a response. “Guy like Rack works off of the dark mojo. Mostly because those are the only types of people that come to him. To get a chance to play with someone as powerful in white magic as you…” he left the statement hanging in the air.

“So, you want some backup?” he said finally meeting her gaze.

“Amy can’t hurt me.” she declared defiantly.

Spike nodded. “I didn’t mean for Amy.”

“I’ll be fine Spike.” She assured him.

Spike walked over and stood toe to toe with the witch. “No, you won’t. You’ll never be fine until you and Red are doing the wild thing again.”

He had more in that tirade, but the look on Tara’s face when he referred to them having sex as ’the wild thing’ was just to precious. They both burst into laughter.

Once they both calmed themselves, he looked at her with pleading eyes. “I don’t want you going to Rack’s alone.” A pause. “I know you’ll head there next with or without Amy.” he said as he looked away.

“Really?” she said sarcastically.

“You’re frustrated and you want answers. Only way to find something you lost is to return to the place you think you lost it.” he tried to explain his logic to her.

Tara just got a confused look on her face. “My head hurts from trying to follow that statement.” ‘And I thought following Willow was a challenge.’ she thought.

“Let me come with Blondie. For my own piece of mind. Please?” He begged

Tara held her hands up in front of her face. “Don’t look at me like that! God, you’ve been with around Buffy and Dawn too much. They give me that look all the time when they want something.”

Spike smiled. “And you always give in don’t you?”

“Unfortunately sometimes.” Spike shot her a doubtful glance. “Ok, always.”

Spike beamed. “I always know how to get what I want.” he said reaching over and opening the door.

“Begging and pouting?” she replied as she walked into the hall.

“Guys gotta be flexible, ya know? And don‘t forget the crying!” he said with mock anger. He tried closing the door then looked at the doorframe. “Um, sorry about that.”

Tara held a hand up. A few softly chanted words. “Return.” she said. The doorframe molded itself back into its original state. She closed the door, twisted her key in the mechanism, and locked the door. “Not the first time its happened.” she informed him. “Did Buffy ever tell you about Xander’s prank phone call about me and Will?”

“It involves a broken door frame?” Tara nodded. “Oh now this I gotta hear.” he said as they headed for Amy’s house.

---------------

Hmmm, witchy showdown coming up. Amy ain't gonna know what hit her...um, literally. Let's see, what else is coming up...paranoid Willow...then it's off to see the wizard. Wonder who all's going?

------------------
Love will find a way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next