The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Listening To Fear Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 10:42 am 

posted 11-29-2000 12:42 EST (US)
yes xita...those bell bottoms at the end were awful...ack!

good catch on the "going into the woods" thing...i totally missed that one.

something else i noticed. when anya made the comment about radiation from the meteor making guys go sterile xander quickly scampered away (i guess he's a family man after all) while riley, on the other hand, merely looked up curiously and kept inspecting things. methinks riley doesn't think much of himself or his prospects for a future. and then there's the whole snacks for vampires thing. this guy is seriously on the edge. suicide anyone?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:40 am 

posted 11-29-2000 13:40 EST (US)
ok, umm...

i really liked this ep. i liked the gross demon, i liked the hospital scenes with the *three* summers, researching in the library like old times. i even liked riley. and spike ... his screaming at the demon rocked!

re: rooftop scene... i know it's all kinds of adorable (it really was) but it just didnt have that *we're together* feel to it for me. first of all, they were laying inches apart and hands on themselves. if i were them i'd be either hugging the other person, my arms around the other person's shoulder or at least holding their hand. there is nothing better to do under the stars than cuddling. does anyone know if there is a shooting script on this scene?

i think this scene does show that they have a special connection (two cute, quirky people). plus, this time it was tara that was the comforter and i like seeing that they are equal in the conforting snugs. they are just too adorable together. that *japanese commercials are funny* line cracked me up. i love tara humor! *i'm pleased about that*

Xita- i wrote another teeny fic for you it's the missing scene from when tara and anya go off to research, so no willow/tara but it's funny cause i cross back and forth btwn the scoobs and the other two who are the two. i'll email it to you when i'm done.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:48 am 

posted 11-29-2000 13:48 EST (US)
Just a few thoughts on last night's episode:

• I'm glad we're finally seeing more of Willow. She looked so cute last night (be still my beating heart). Finally the writers have Willow lending support to Buffy during her family crisis. Given their friendship this should have happened episodes ago.

• I loved the rooftop scene, it was so romantic. Given the way they dealt with everything that was happening it's clear that Willow and Tara are still in the bloom of new love. We are starting to see more of the private (I was going to say intimate) side of their relationship. This bodes well for future episodes.

• We are also starting to see another side of Tara. Not only does she possess strong wiccan powers she has a very sharp and deductive mind. Willow and her are going to make a formidable pair.

• Riley is history. Given the way Buffy left him standing at the end, combined with his obsession to become a hot meal for the female vampies of Sunnydale, one of two things will happen. He'll either end up being vamped, in which case Buffy will have to stake him, or finally accept the inevitable and return to the Initiative.

• I thought KS gave a wonderful performance last night. I hope Joyce survives her surgery and it's successful. While I believe that's what will happen I got a strange feeling during her final scene with SMG. The look in SMG's eyes seemed to go beyond the scene. It was more like "After five years this is the last major scene we'll be doing to-gether" I hope I'm wrong.

• Spike may be love sick over Buffy but I wish they wouldn't have him sneaking around stealing her personal belongings. It's too out of character for him. He had the perfect opportunity last night to play the hero and blew it. He should have attacked the Queller demon when he had the knife. Instead he threw it to Buffy even though he was in a better position to kill the demon. What happened to the vamp who loved a good fight.

• I liked the Queller demon. However after the references last night to STs and ETs we now know there is no difference between aliens and demons. They both are simply sentient life forms that have been given different labels.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 4:41 pm 

posted 11-29-2000 18:41 EST (US)
I thought this ep had some really great moments on the romantic, dramatic and horror-action fronts, but lacked in good old comic relief. The scene where the gang goes to investigate the meteor felt really odd and badly written & directed - the gang didn't seem to have a sense of togetherness in their words & actions and the weak attempts at humor from Anya (who normally cracks me up) were fairly pathetic. Small stumbling block, though, because I truly loved other elements.

The drama with Buffy, Joyce and Dawn was beautifully played by all and SARAH NEEDS AN EMMY NOMINATION, DAMNIT. Moved, I was, by the dishwash tears and the Dawn-exposing truth. Kristine was awesome, BTW, as a loony - she could have easily overdone it but kept the hystrionics in check.

The alien was nicely disgusting and scary - a very welcome change from the rubber snake of yore. A monster comprised of a small person inside a bug suit could also have easily been fouled up, but they got it just right.

The rooftop scene was very sweet and showed a charming side of Tara that should snuff out what few nay-sayers remain. That scene stood out for me and I think it's because it's been a while since X/A or B/R had any kind of sweetness. When Riley leaves (got my fingers crossed) and if Anya goes bad, W/T will be the only romance left on the show - I see a bright future for our girls.

I'm glad Ben seems to be a good guy. He's a cutie-pie and I hope he gets together with Buffy...or Giles - either way's fine by me.

Yen: good question on the title relevance (leave to someone from Marietta to come up with a clever question )- I can't come up with anything that makes sense with 'listening to fear.' I mean, they're listening to the voices of crazy folks, and the alien is fearsome...maybe it's the alien who was tracking crazy people by listening to their wacked out babbling. That still doesn't make sense.

[This message has been edited by darvangi (edited 11-29-2000).]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 4:53 pm 

posted 11-29-2000 18:53 EST (US)
Just some thoughts...

Okay, we all know Tara and Willow are a marvelous couple utterly adorable and sexy and lots of other stuff. That's a given.

Riley is in sooooooo much trouble. He doesn't know who he is, or why he is, and now he's acting in a way that's just plain reckless. Myself, I wonder if maybe he's trying to find the "mystery" about vampires that attracts Buffy to Angel (and Spike)? His mistake, it seems to me, is not reaching out and joining the Scoobies. He's remained aloof, which is becoming his downfall.

Loads of giggles that Spike was actually freaked out by the Queller Demon! Wonder how he'd react to a cockroach?

Oh dear--Dawn. She's in so much heartbreak, and Buffy knows she's in for more--because sooner or later Dawn will find out. I can only imagine the angst yet to be...

------------------
"O let my name be
in the Book of Love.
If it be there,
I care not of
That other book Above...
Strike it out!
Or write it in anew.
But let it be
in the Book of Love!"
--Omar Kyam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 5:28 pm 

posted 11-29-2000 19:28 EST (US)
interesting episode... a few things:

buffy cleaning the pans scene was very realistic. she was totally out of it, totally suffering. very interesting.

one question, did anyone else think that riley having the vamp suck the blood from his forearm seem like subtext for heroin? i thought the burnt out building added to the picture in my mind.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 5:53 pm 

posted 11-29-2000 19:53 EST (US)
The way it was shot, it looked like a not too subtle subtext for a blow job. But I like the heroin analogy also.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 6:20 pm 

posted 11-29-2000 20:20 EST (US)
Now that you mention it, I can see a heroin metaphor with Riley's vampire fetish, which is interesting because it's been a long time since BTVS approached any kind of drug metaphor. The main thing I saw with that scene, though, was what Zelda mentioned as a shockingly vivid play on cheap sex in a dirty alley. Funny how that stuff can slide by but a W/T kiss can't. Funny, I say. Ha ha (that's sarcasm).

Did anyone else feel a little cheated that all the efforts of the scoobie gang in tracking and figuring out this quell demon were pretty much wasted since Buffy pretty much just killed it on her own apart from the gang? Sure, they figured out that it was summoned by Grace (ok, her brother - close enough), and that's useful info, but that could have all been done in 30 seconds worth of post-action deduction. I wish their efforts had gone to some kind of purpose withing the frame of this episode.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 8:43 pm 

posted 11-29-2000 22:43 EST (US)
quote:
Originally posted by yenESQ:

But overall, I did like the episode. The shot of Tara slinking into her chair in the library scene needs to be played on slow-mo for the most striking effect. Man, she's hot.
Yen

Oh yes, how cute was that. I loved that. If you notice she grabbed her knee. It was just adorable and hot.

Rane, I cannot wait for this fic. You are like my dealer! I love YOU!!!

xita

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 9:23 pm 

posted 11-29-2000 23:23 EST (US)
Sorry, all mad dash... but I did finally get the caps done.

Extra Flamey

Stain and Varnish

This is my fav W/T roof one:
http://www.peccath.com/extraflamey/willowtara/ltf16.jpg

Fav Aly one:
http://www.peccath.com/extraflamey/willow/ltf06.jpg

Fav Amber one:
umm, can't chose, I love ALL Amber pics

Tee-hee... time to go home!

------------------
Captain of the 'W/T Kiss Cheer Squad

---------
Life if it was sweet,
would mean your touch is complete.
Around my mind forever
simply one love divine... together.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 9:43 pm 

posted 11-29-2000 23:43 EST (US)
Oooh Adrienne, 4 caps of the knee hold! Yipee!
That willow pic is great, I like that look she has.
But I have to give a nod to this cap amber's name on willow and why are they calling her Tara Maclay. Is there a reason for this?
So far, this is my fave w/t one
You go girl! Love ya, mean it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 12:02 am 

posted 11-30-2000 02:02 EST (US)
About Willow's bellbottoms, heathergalaxy is right, Willow isn't wearing bellbottoms and here's the pic to prove it... www.deaddogparty.com/alyson/listening/ltf136.jpg
What can I say, it's really late and need to get to bed

[This message has been edited by Warduke (edited 11-30-2000).]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 12:16 am 

posted 11-30-2000 02:16 EST (US)
This is slightly off-topic, but it involves "listening to fear," so I'm posting it here. For all you AMC/Bianca fans out there, did anyone notice that the pink jacket Willow wore in the beginning of this EP is the same one Bianca has been wearing all week? Just a little something I noticed...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 8:07 am 

posted 11-30-2000 10:07 EST (US)
hey rane, might the rest of us be able to sneak a peek at these fics you're writing, or are they For Xita's Eyes Only? man, i need my own personal fic dealer too! good thing that scifiacid's at least keeping me in screencaps! dri, you da bomb!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 8:30 am 

posted 11-30-2000 10:30 EST (US)
Anyone come to a conclusion about the title, "Into the Woods"? I saw some speculation about the Blair Witch Project. Can anyone confirm this? Also, "Into the Woods" is a play where you get to see what happens to Jack and the Beanstalk and others after the fairy tale stories ended. Or do folks think we are trying to read too much into it and it is just referring to this being an ep. which builds the arc?

Comments?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 10:04 am 

posted 11-30-2000 12:04 EST (US)
i must stop the horrible rumor that you are all try to spread before it gets out into buffyland...

willow is not wearing bellbottoms! if you really pay attention, she is wearing one of those denim skirts with the slit up the front.

it's true! look wear the shadows are!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 10:30 am 

posted 11-30-2000 12:30 EST (US)
quote:
Originally posted by xxxita: Oooh Adrienne, 4 caps of the knee hold! Yipee!

hehehe I just couldn't help myself there. Mostly it's because it's the longest segment of Amber in the entire episode... plus there's actual light in the library so the caps are clearer!

quote:
But I have to give a nod to this cap amber's name on willow

Ah yes, I was just minding my own business, doing a little frame by frame action and all of the sudden I slipped out of my cold medicine induced coma and WHOW, must have THAT I sayZ to me-self!

quote:
You go girl! Love ya, mean it.

Scooby dance... scooby dance... scooby dance... dizzy... dizzy... falling... OUCH!

[This message has been edited by SciFiAcid (edited 11-30-2000).]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 10:56 am 

posted 11-30-2000 12:56 EST (US)
quote:
Originally posted by xita:
So far, this is my fave w/t one

Oh Xita YES I can see why this is your favorite W/T pic. Ahuh yup I sure can.

Thank you dri for all the yummy pics.

------------------
Paula
--------
Amber FanGirl #1a
May the Amber Force be with you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 12:28 pm 

posted 11-30-2000 14:28 EST (US)
OMG!!! re: will's sweater! I SAW THAT TOO! they were wearing the same outfit, sort of. blue shirt, denims, and the pink sweater! i'm not the only one! you are a true soul mate, calliope!

RE: my xita fics. Of course you can see them, april! *hugs* for you honey. i'll just call them the xita series ... for everyone's eyes. will post asap.

------------------
*a few thoughts on the subject by a lil' nothing*, Rasputina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 1:31 pm 

posted 11-30-2000 15:31 EST (US)
David Fury was at the Bronze a couple of days ago. Here are his posts in reverse chronological order. There is perhaps a tiny, tiny spoiler regarding Riley that I have surrounded by spoiler warnings.

Fury says:
Tue Nov 28 15:00:39 2000
Okay, not really gone. The creature in tonight's ep was closer to my original vision of the creature in SHADOW. It's cool and so is tonight's ep written by the lovely and talented Rebecca Kirshner.

Now leave me alone, I really have to go now! Okay? Stop hounding me!

;-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
^
Fury says:
Gone now. Really.
^
Fury says:
Okay, gripers, the snake wasn't my idea. I'll just have to live with the shame.
^
Fury says:
Okay, fun's over. Back to work. Bye.
^
Fury says:
Eiddileg - Hey, don't look at me re Snake Guy. I only work here.
^

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

space for Riley's future development

Fury says:
Thanks, Freddy. But as for Riley's darkness... you ain't seen nuthin' yet.
^

e
c
a
p
s

slight spoiler for Riley above

Fury says:
Alexis is very angry with me now.
^
Fury says:
Ooh, wait... Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that.
^
Fury says:
janni - Say no more. I've already got Alexis' pants off as we speak.
^
Fury says:
CB - I believe you'll find I've been using this color longer than Erika. I hereby declare this David Fury Aqua.
^
Fury says:
Kiba - I have to tell you that a website that has the words "Josshottie" disturbs me greatly. I'm scared to go there.
^
Fury says:
Dunlin - It is.
^
Fury says:
Sure, Bard, hit me.

Hey, WolfG
^
Fury says:
Narrator - My next ep. is 14. In Feb.
^
Fury says:
Morella - thank you.

Is this the blue people like? Or is it this one?
^
Fury says:
Thanks, CB. Although it would be nice if the code was shorter and easier to remember.
^
Fury says:
Zeus - colorful. And yours?
^
Fury says:
(Tue Nov 28 14:22:06 2000 216.186.167.140)

Testing the new color codes here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 2:44 pm 

posted 11-30-2000 16:44 EST (US)
My special fantasy is for bianca to throw it all in, find her one living relative who is NOT Erica Kane, and go to Sunnydale to find her sister. And it turns out that her sister Kendall has changed her name to Buffy! And Kendall's problems all along were that she was in the wrong town, her aggressive tendencies are well suited to vampire killing. Then Bianca meets Willow and Tara, and maybe some of Tara's wiccy friends. Bianca will probably end up a business major as UC Sunnydale, but she'll be gay and happy gosh darn it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 2:49 pm 

posted 11-30-2000 16:49 EST (US)
Gah! If Fury's next ep is #14, and it isn't till February... that's a maximum of 4 episodes in the nine weeks between now and February. Groan...

I'm really glad my fiancé has the first 4 seasons of Babylon 5 on tape. It'd be a long winter, otherwise!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 4:55 pm 

posted 11-30-2000 18:55 EST (US)
Does anyone know where I can download this week's Buffy and Angel? My friend ended up taping Fox (channel 11) instead of the WB (channel 12) on Tuesday night. <.g> He was not pleased, and I'm trying to make him happy again. LOL

Thanks!!

Rina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 6:59 pm 

posted 11-30-2000 20:59 EST (US)
Okay I'm confused. After reading David Fury's comments is MB going or is he staying. Could Joss be playing games with us to just to keep us guessing.

Here is some idle speculation. If he does stay then Riley gets vamped and ends up with Drusilla. What a way for both of them to get their revenge on Buffy and Spike.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 9:11 pm 

posted 11-30-2000 23:11 EST (US)
quote:
Originally posted by hollowchick:
you know what i thought was really cool? the crazy guy saying "careful, the facts say a picnic is in order"...then the next scene is willow and tara having a picnic on the rooftop and a big snot demon carrying meteor crashes to earth (if you look closely you can see the picnic supplies on the lower right). anyway, that was cool!

Joss & Co have a thing for picnics. I just remembered a scene in "Fool for Love" where Angel and Spike are fighting and Dru says to Darla ,"Oh, goody. The king of cups says a picnic is in order. But it's not even his birthday." Or something like that.

Funny.

Stella

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 9:17 pm 

posted 11-30-2000 23:17 EST (US)
quote:
Originally posted by Prairiegirl:
Anyone come to a conclusion about the title, "Into the Woods"? I saw some speculation about the Blair Witch Project. Can anyone confirm this? Also, "Into the Woods" is a play where you get to see what happens to Jack and the Beanstalk and others after the fairy tale stories ended. Or do folks think we are trying to read too much into it and it is just referring to this being an ep. which builds the arc?

Comments?

Everytime I see a reference to "Into the Woods" I think of the musical by Stephen Sondheim which pokes fun at all the fairy tales by telling what happens after "happily ever after." Great, funny show.

Now, how far off topic was THAT?!?!?!

Stella

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 1:09 am 

posted 12-01-2000 03:09 EST (US)
Oooo, I forgot the name of that play.. isn't one of the major points of the play about hypocrisy?

I don't think Buffy was rude to Riley. She's scared that her mother is going to die, and all her focus right now is on Dawn and Joyce. She can't see anything else right now.

Speaking of fear and the name of the ep, Dawn was afraid something was wrong with her (random nuts are one thing, but coming from you mother...), Riley is afraid he's losing Buffy (speaking of random nuts ), and Willow seems pretty worried about Buffy.

The Roof Scene..
They are so cute together. I've got an idea for a future ep.. Willow and Tara have a picnic in a park. 45 minutes of Willow and Tara. Anyone else think this would be a great ep?
Thassa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 2:20 am 

posted 12-01-2000 04:20 EST (US)
Ooh, yes, yes, but on a hill and its night and there's a full moon and candles, extra flamey, of course.

Or how about: on the beach, nite again, natch; and with a big bonfire. And no lurkey monsters, 'kay?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 3:48 am 

posted 12-02-2000 05:48 EST (US)
ANY amount of W/T is good...very good.