The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Willow and Tara's Legacy: tonights ER
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:05 pm 
Well folks, I think we may have a winner, after much speculation we see that not only did they NOT kill off Kerrie's new gf but they gave us major smochies, granted they are not T/W smoochies, but still.

One the serious side, what do the Kittens think, sweeps tactics or Wiilow and Tara's legacy?

Edited to clarifly my thought. I am curious as to how many others of you see the positve step this ER ep. took ( no dead gf/ smoochies) as kinda a W/T legacy. They were the first, and even though things are rocky with our girls right now they will continue. So do we look with foward with stars in our eyes to more positive media attention of same gender couples?

------------------
"As God as my witness I thought Turkeys could fly." L.Nesman, WKRP

[This message has been edited by Karzia (edited March 29, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:16 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Karzia:
One the serious side, what do the Kittens think, sweeps tactics or Wiilow and Tara's legacy?

Well, it's not sweeps and I don't really think it has anything to do with Willow and Tara. Personally though I never complain about seeing that on the TV.

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:24 pm 
As a faithful ER viewer, I was really looking forward to the keri/sandy reunion (I was clued in by the promos). As much as I enjoy smoochies, I sorta thought that their making out scene came off as keri saying "I'm glad you outed me, cause I've really been wanting to jump your bones." I know, I know, she was obviously worried about lopez throughout the whole episode, but I feel like she got sandy back too easily. Oh well, I'll get over it. Future snuggly moments should help.
Ta,
BabyJune

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:31 pm 
yeah i saw that kerry/sandy kiss too but it was so dark you could hardly see what they were doing. the camera angle was not good but it was a welcome sight to see them share a cool moment, tho' brief it may be. peace

------------------
Willow and Tara
Willow and Tara's Room

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:14 am 
Um, guys, was I the only person that was horrified about the *implied* lover on lover knife stabbing? Did I miss something there?

The second girl comes into the ER and tells Kerri that she "loves her"--meaning the friend--Kerri looks sad and upset.

Then later Kerri questions the mother about no defensive wounds on the second girl? And the mother acts all shocked that Kerri would even think that she could hurt her FRIEND. (Quotation marks dripping off that word friend.)

I'm serious, did I miss a scene in there somewhere that explained it as being something different? ER is not my favorite show and I had a cat demanding attention half-way through,so I wasn't paying that much attention to it--still I always pay attention to the Kerri scenes--so what did I miss?

11:20AM Edited to add:

Okay, now this is pretty bad: my 80 year old mother just called me to talk about "ER". She thought that "the angle the writers used on those poor girls was just sickening."

Then she asked if I had seen Law and Order the night before and what they had done.

Now if my 80 year old, head firmly planted into the sand, mother comments on a TV show....

I don't know what to think.

BTW: I did like that they finally had Kerri get back together with her g/f.:-)

[This message has been edited by DianaBouvier (edited March 29, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:52 am 
There are indications that the stabbing plotline was based loosely on something that happened at Harvard several years ago where a woman attacked and killed her roomate then commited suicide.

There was speculation for a time that one roomate had a crush on the other or they were involved, though mostly that's been denied.

What narrative purpose the story had in connection with Kerry is frankly, unclear to me.

-len

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:40 am 
quote:
Originally posted by BabyJune:
[B]As a faithful ER viewer, I was really looking forward to the keri/sandy reunion (I was clued in by the promos). As much as I enjoy smoochies, I sorta thought that their making out scene came off as keri saying "I'm glad you outed me, cause I've really been wanting to jump your bones." I know, I know, she was obviously worried about lopez throughout the whole episode, but I feel like she got sandy back too easily. [B]

Totally agree. It was such a weird episode with this one implication with the stabbing and then the nice little, yet odd, renioun between Kerri and Lopez. Oh well.

------------------
Hey, and later we can churn our own butter and make sweaters out of sheep.

[This message has been edited by Thanatopsis (edited March 29, 2002).]quote: