The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Working Title - Khryseis and Oenone. Beta Needed!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:32 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I'm working on a new fic. Hopefully this time I'll be able to actually see it through. I feel like I've got a really solid concept here, and the preliminary writing is about a third of the way done. Most of the remaining two-thirds I have in my head, and just need to finish actually noting down.

Without giving anything away, here is what you need to know:

1. The story takes place in two separate time periods.
2. This story is totally AU. No Sunnydale, no vampires, no Slayers.
3. There IS witchcraft, though not quite Whedonesque witchcraft. A little more like Charmed-style witchcraft... though even that isn't totally accurate.
4. With any luck, this fic will turn out to be quite long.

My requirements for a beta are as follows:
1. My technical writing skills are fairly decent. I may need minor help with grammar and punctuation (because lord knows, we all fall into THOSE little traps), however, I don't expect to need a lot of assistance in that area. That said, I would like someone who is capable of writing something half-decent themselves.
2. I need someone with a working knowledge of ancient Greece - specifically during the late fifth century, when Athens and Sparta were at war. Once again, my knowledge base in this area is decent on its own, but I would like someone who can fact-check and make sure my characters' voices are believable.
3. I need someone who can keep me motivated! Harass me about getting my chapters finished once the story has begun. This is really my biggest issue, so this part is critical.
4. And, finally, I need someone who can point out plot holes, places where I've put something that SHOULD lead into something else in the story, but it doesn't, or where something should have been foreshadowed, but it wasn't, and so on and so forth.

If anyone feels that they can help me with this, drop me a message and we can discuss the story in a more specific way. I want someone who's going to be as enthusiastic about this fic as I am!

Post subject: Re: Working Title - Khryseis and Oenone. Beta Needed!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:20 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Hey Naeryn,

I think I'd like to give it a go. I've tried to write fanfic in the past, but I've never really posted anything, so I thought I'd like to beta first before I get into something serious. I think my grammar is OK, so I should be able to help you there. Besides that, I took Ancient Greek when I was in highschool, so I've had a fair share of Greek history too. And motivational problems? Not a problem at all! :p. As far as plot holes go, I gotta say I've never done this before, so I might be overlooking somethings sometime, but if you'd like me to do it, I'd be happy too.

Greetz :kitty