The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Dark [AU: One Shot]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:35 am 
3. Flaming O

TITLE: The Dark

AUTHOR: VivaLaMegaaan

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13 I guess. This is my first story so I'm not sure how it works :D

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Tara. Or Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Damn it would be great if I did!

SUMMARY: Tara's never met Willow, and is sat on top of a cliff. << That summary sucks. Please just read :D

SPOILERS: Nope. Totally AU.

WARNINGS: Character death. Don't shoot me :pray

FEEDBACK: I'd like some constructive criticism, that way if I decide to write something else It can be a zillion times better. Hopefully.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay so I didn't know if I should post this here. When I was writing it I had Tara in mind, but unless your a fan of the show then you wouldn't guess. If it needs to be moved elsewhere tell me please :pray

*************************************************************************************
Life. It’s incredibly short, and pointless. Pointless because no matter who you are, or where you come from it doesn’t mean anything anymore.

Look at me, the shy quiet girl who never causes trouble is blamed for everything by him. I didn’t ask to be born a girl, infact if it was my choice I would have never been born at all.

I’m known as the disgrace as the family because I refuse to play a part in his act, his game. It’s hypocritical for him to think I’m not normal; I wonder if he’s looked in the mirror recently. Sexist pig.

My mother used to take most of the beatings for me, until she died. The funeral was a silent and solemn affair, just me and my father attended.

She was kept a prisoner in her own home, she wasn’t allowed to make any friends. That’s not a woman’s place, apparently.

I stroked the deep purple bruise on the side of my face, a constant reminder of the fateful night just after the funeral.

My back starts to tingle, and the hairs on the nape of my neck stand to attention as I reminisce. I refuse to take my shirt off in front of anyone anymore, my back has been damaged beyond repair.

To outsiders, I may have had an acceptable childhood but they didn’t see what went on behind closed doors. The abuse I suffered at the hands of my own father fills me with revulsion.

He never bothered to tell what I’d done wrong. It wasn’t like he’d taken the time to get to know me but it’s too late now, here I am sat on top of this infamous cliff face.

I glance down at the vicious waves crashing against the razor sharp rocks below, the water splashing feet into the air, like a bomb exploding and ripping everything in it’s path to pieces.

I kick off my left shoe and watch it fall for what seems like eternity before it hit’s the water. It splits in half at the impact, floats for a second and then sinks into the murky grey waves, never to be seen again.

I shiver, the movement giving me shooting pains up my arm. I’ve begun to become accustomed to the pain, I’m just glad to feel something even after all this time.

I feel like I’ve been in a trance like state since my mother abandoned me. Even the broken bones didn’t phase me, if anything the pain was comforting.

It was the only feeling I had and it proved to me I wasn’t dead. Not yet anyway.

I’ve been called a screw-up, a waste of space and good for nothing by the people who supposedly care the most about me.

I guess that’s why I decided to cut myself off from society, it was only a matter of time before people started figuring out the truth, and my own company proves more than adequate.

Living like thins means I’m safe…within the confines of my mind anyway.

It’s odd. Sitting up here, even with the deafening crash of the waves, I can think clearer than I have for a long time. Perhaps the relentless wind has finally cleared the cobwebs out of my mind, leaving me free to think without the ghosts of my past clouding my judgement.

It’s obvious to me there is no place for me in this day and age, not when it’s so cold and empty. People say hell is a place you go when you die but they’re wrong. This place here, this place populated by billions who call it their home. Earth is the true hell.

I shift my weight from one leg to another. Rocks start to crumble, crashing into the ocean with an inaudible splash.

I feel like I’m balancing on the blade of a knife, tip too far one way and I plummet into utter oblivion, yet move slightly in the other direction and I have to stay and face this life. That is quite possibly a fate worse than death.

Lightning explodes, lighting up the sky like a light bulb except a thousand times, and a thousand volts, more deadly. The weather fits my mood, the sky is starless and the atmosphere is sinister.

My stomach is filled with nervous butterflies. I’ve been waiting for this moment my whole life but even now I’m beginning to have my doubts. What if it’s not the right decision?

I’m being ridiculous and I know it. I have everything I’ve ever wanted within my grasp and I’m sat here, hundreds of feet above sea-level, arguing with myself.

I’m not religious, maybe if I were I wouldn’t be so terrified right now. Not knowing where I’m going is driving me insane, but I believe that after death all we have is total darkness. I’m not scared of the dark anymore.

Before I lose my nerve I push myself over the edge. It’s exhilarating, the feeling of falling. The wind whips around me and the gravity pulls me down, like a toy on a string. I’m just the play thing of the elements now.

The forces prove too much for me and I’m forced into un-consciousness. I’m dead before the waves can claim me as their own.

THE END

♂+♂=♥ ♂+♀=♥ ♀+♀=♥

Love Is Love.

Post subject: Re: The Dark [AU: One Shot]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:56 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Wow. That was certainly dark.

Well written, though. Makes me glad that Tara did meet Willow.

Okay, need to go write my own happy stuff now.

But well written. The thoughts and feelings surrounding someone who's in that situation, who feels that death is the only option is conveyed very well.

Definitely a high standard of writing for a first fic, kudos for that.

Looking forward to reading anything else you choose to write, angst or no.

Although the non-angst would be nice :wink

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:55 am 
3. Flaming O

Wow! Thankyou for that awesome feedback! I wasn't sure what people would think of it but it's a major compliment getting kudos on my first fic. Although technically it's not a fic...I wrote it for my english coursework and then realised afterwards maybe my Buffy obsession has spread to other areas :blush Ahh well. And I have some free-time coming up soon so I'm gonna try and write something longer, and less angsty :D Ok well I'm just gonna go and happy dance at my first comment!! :pinky

♂+♂=♥ ♂+♀=♥ ♀+♀=♥

Love Is Love.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:03 am 
5. Willowhand

Wow. I haven't written anything for this site yet (hopefully soon) but that was REALLY good. I look forward to your next post. Um, it would be awesome if you rewrote that to have Willow save her in like the instant before she jumps, and then have them go through all of the angst while they're both alive. Still, really good.

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:03 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
That was really good
You hit emotions really well
can't wait to read more of your stuff
I'm really glad that Tara met Willow
and that she had a happy and loving life from than on out until she died
great post

Ash :peace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:15 pm 
3. Flaming O

AmberGoddess:
Thanks for taking the time to feedback, it really REALLY means a lot to me! Haha and your idea of Willow meeting Tara just before she jumps is actually a really good idea. I might try that if you don't mind! Thanks for your kind words :party I can't wait for you to post some stuff :D

ashcrash71590:
I'm glad Tara met Willow aswell. Who knows what might have happened! I'm reading your Strawberry Kisses at the moment and it's uber cool :party I've had a few brainwaves recently (which hardly ever happens for me) and I'm slowly planning a story out in my head. It'll hopefully be up after I've finished writing the WHOOOOLE thing because I procrastinate :blush I promise I'll try and write something before we all turn 100 though :D

♂+♂=♥ ♂+♀=♥ ♀+♀=♥

Love Is Love.