The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FF:The Hunted (Updated June 26/08)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:33 pm 
2. Floating Rose

FF: The Hunted

Disclaimer: I do not own Buffy Joss does so please don’t sue, trust me it is so not worth it because I own nothing.

Feedback: Yeah feed me or I will wither away and you will never get the end of the story (only kidding…well maybe?). ;-)

Author: Reece

Pairing: Willow/ Tara.

Rating: Not certain just yet.

Summery: Read and find out.

Note: A/U, this is my first attempt at the Willow/Tara pairing, and unbetaed so please try to excuse any mistakes till I find a beta. Please enjoy

Part 1

She ran as fast as she could through the thick humid rainforest that surrounded her, her breathing was laboured as she raced threw the thick green undergrowth. Sweat was beaded on her brow part form the heat, part from exertion but most of it from fear. While sucking in a breath of warm damp air she continued to run, she knew it was close she could feel it if she could just stop for a minute she would be able to get her bearings and find it.

A loud, deep and savage roar rumbled from with in the depths of the rainforest behind her reminding her that stopping or even thinking about it anymore was going to get her killed. Pushing her self on knew it would find her sooner or later it was inevitable it was tracking her, stalking her, covering her every move and noting could stop it.

Suddenly a pulse of soft warm energy shot through her body, it reverberated through out her form pulling her and telling her to go right, looking in that direction she saw the sun that was squeezing threw the thick and dense foliage catch and glint of an object not to far into the distance. Making a hard right she increased her speed as she headed in the direction of the object.

The sudden sound of loud clumsy body bursting threw the forest breaking branch after branch as it moved in pursuit of its prey caught the young woman’s attention. Heavy footsteps chewing threw the forest behind her caused her heart rate to increase and her breathing to deepen as the fear that had been lurking at the back of her mind clawed its way out and exploded over her entire being, caught up in the fear that had over taken her the woman lost her concentration and collide with a tree stump that was protruding form the ground at an odd angle. Unable to maintain her balance she fell, her body ploughing into the wet and muddy rainforest forest floor.

She slipped as she desperately tried to pull herself up from the rainforest floor. Covered in a thick layer of mud and bent on all fours the young woman failed to notice as a large shadow fell over her slender form blocking out the what little light had managed to descend threw the over lapping leaves of the huge trees. A huge hair covered leg encrusted with wet mud and leaves swung like a pendulum at incredible speed and impacted with her exposed side propelling her threw the air. Desperately twisting her body in mid air she felt the air as it was knocked from her lungs as she crashed into the trunk of a tree.

She refused to lose consciousness doing so would guarantee her death, a cough suddenly racked her body lifting a hand towards her head she brushed it against her lips, looking at the back of her hand blood was smeared along her knuckles mixed with saliva and mud. A low rumbling growl pulled her attention away from her hand swivelling her head around the young woman came face to face with the demon that had been following her for the past day or so. It was huge, larger that she had initially thought standing at a little over 7ft in height. The thing was hideous, mad red flecked black eyes bulged from the demons eye sockets, while huge fangs reaching 6 inches at leased protruded from the demons mouth saliva ran down them and dripped on to the matted and dirty fur of the demons chest. The snout like nose sucked air in like a vacuum and then expelled the air noisily through the demons mouth. As her eyes tracked downwards she could see that the fur covered the demon entirely, a rancid a pungent odour emanated from the demon it was reminiscent of rotting flesh and the young woman did well to keep hold of the content of her stomach. The movement of the demons long arm drew her eyes to the large curved claws on the demons hand.

Tendrils of fear began to wrap themselves around her heart and squeeze, willing it to go away the girl renewed he earlier effort to pull herself up from the muddy ground. She knew she had to defend her self but she also knew that she had over exerted herself and her energy levels where running dangerously low, throwing caution to the wind the young woman closed her eyes and raised her right hand she held it out stretched towards the demon.

“Please let this work.” The quick heart felt prayer resonated threw her mind as she Concentred hard. She could feel her power as she pulled it to the fore. Opening her eyes suddenly they automatically narrowed and she thrust her right palm out in front of her body. She felt the raw and animalistic power rise and swell with in her breast. Almost as soon as it had risen it was moving rapidly throughout her being along her arm and bursting forth from her palm.

The demon slowly cocked its head to the side and snarled in the woman’s direction and watched as she held out her hand. The demon decided it had had enough of the chase and stalked in her direction its master wanted the woman dead.

She watched through narrowed eyes as the demon moved toward her. She knew it must be moving fast but she was lost in the accumulation of her power. The power built and she became detached form everything. She could vaguely feel it as energy snaked its way down her finger to the tips. Bending her fingers slightly she began to direct the flow into the palm of her hand. Five streams of energy combined churning into a swirling ball of white energy.

Time around her had slowed as the ball of energy came into existence, looking up the demon had frozen its arm raised and claws extended pointing downward towards her exposed chest a look of feral savageness frozen on its face. As she straitened her fingers the time around her returned to normal and the energy ball flew from her palm and tore into the demons stomach and ravaged through its body propelling it backwards with phenomenal force.

Pulling herself to her feet the young woman took one look at the dead demon its body mangled and ripped apart by the energy. Desperately she forced her body to move in the direction she had been pulled in, before the demon had caught up with her. Every breath she took and every move she made hurt telling her that the demon had done some serious damage to her body. As she stumbled into the clearing she sunk to her knees and thanked the gods and goddesses for guiding her here. Scrambling along the ground she reached the small column of crystal that was embedded in the ground using it for leverage the woman slowly pulled her battered and bruised body up off the ground.

Pulling a wickedly sharp looking dagger from the scabbard on her left leg she quickly pressed the blade to her right palm. The blonde ran the blade down an already prominent scar that existed on her palm. As she moved the dagger away blood dripped from her hand and landed onto the crystal column turning the crystal from milky white to light pink.

Slamming her blood soaked palm down on then crystal she watched as it turned from light pink to vividly deep crimson. There was a strange low rumbling sound beneath her but the woman didn’t move even when the earth surrounding the column began to fall away she didn’t move. She, the young woman was almost flowing as the light busted forth from the column engulfing everything within its reach.

When the light faded there was no column. There was no woman. There was nothing. The only sign that something had been there at all was the rancid and mangled body off a demon and a perfect circle of still smoking scorched earth.

Red light bathed the room looking up from the screen in front of him Conan Pepper knew he was needed. Jumping to his feet the tall gangly man grabbed the first aid kit he always kept close to his side. The arcward young man adjusted his glasses and dragged a hand threw his greased hair and ran towards the door almost tripping over the large wolf sleeping in the way.

“Sorry Grey, got to move your mistress is back boy, duty calls.”

The wolfs ears pricked at the word mistress and low rumbling growl was all that he received as the black wolf got up and stalked out of the room and headed in the direction he was headed. Sighing to himself the young man ran after the wolf. He could swear it had glared at him as it went past. She had told it to protect him while she was gone. So naturally the wolf had done just that. The great hairy beast hadn’t moved from his side, the dumb animal hadn’t even let him go the toilet in peace.

As he rounded the corner he almost ran into Grey again. Cursing under his breath Conan hit the entrance button to the chamber and allowed the wolf to enter a head of him. The chamber was a huge spherical room it was so dark it took his eyes a few seconds to adjust. Even then he could just about see through the gloom. He hated coming in here it always gave him the creeps he would rather be anywhere but here but as he said to the beast duty calls. The only thing usually in the room was the pedestal to him it just looked like a lump of rock covered in graffiti. He could see the pedestal and next to it a shape. Launching forward Conan came to a stop beside the shape and dropped to his knees.

“Oh no! Tara? Tara? Are you ok?”

“Ughhhh” was the sound that was emitted from the woman half slumped on the pedestal

Rolling her over Conan gasped at the blood and the dirt.

“Oh that’s not good. Tara come on please wake up!” Shaking the young woman Conan pleaded with his old friend to wake up. She did this all the time. For her travelling through the dimensions was like taking the train or a bus. This was not good. She looked awful. She was in a bad way, in all the time he had worked for her he had never seen her come back in this condition. This was what she paid him for and this is what he was trained for.

“Hey Grey your going to have to help me. You grab my kit and I’ll grab your mistress. Ok?”

The wolf emerged silently out of the inky black surrounding them and moved over to his mistress gently licking the face of the blonde woman on the floor.

Sliding his left arm under her neck and this right arm under her legs Conan forced his legs to raise himself and Tara up. Moving quickly threw the gloomy room Conan headed toward the door with Tara in his arms and the black wolf following on his heals first aid kit and all.

Walking as fast as he could with the body in his arms Conan made his way through the door and along the corridor he had originally came form. The complex in which they lived and worked was dull the walls once and off white colour where now grey and scorched. The place was a dump but it was home. The corridor steepened and the weight of Tara began to increases.

“Christ I should really start to work out. You don’t look this heavy Tare.”

Grunting with the effort Conan tried to hit the button to the door half way up the corridor. Managing to knock it with his elbow the young man heard the door swish open behind him and he gently maundered around and then shuffled sideways into the room.

In the room was practically empty apart from a dirty looking table that had seen better days, a grubby sink and an old stove. Coming to a halt in front of it Conan laid his friend down gently on the table top. Taking a deep breath of stale air Conan tried to mentally prepare himself for the task ahead. Grabbing her jacket he undid the zip and removed it quickly. He worked in silence and with such efficacy. It took him not time to get the dirt and blood covered clothes of his friend. Shrugging of his own shirt he hastily covered the naked body and over toward the sink. Turning on the tap he left the water running giving it time to heat up while he searched for a bowl.

“Hey Grey go and get me a blanket. I’m going to have to use my shirt for rags.”

The wolf growled but moved with lightly speed out of the door to do as Conan requested.

Moving back over to the prone woman Conan grabbed a chair and placed the bowl down on it next to the table. Grabbing his kit he put that on the chair as well and found a small bottle of disinfectant and poured a cap full into the water.

When Grey returned with the blanket Conan thanked the Wolf and pulled his shirt of his old friend and replaced it with the blanket.

Ripping the shirt in to shreds he dipped some of the strips he had made in to the lukewarm water and began to clean the encrusted dirt and blood from Tara's body while looking for any open wounds and other injuries.

The first thing he noticed as the filth was removed that her mid rift was badly bruised and her ribs must be broken. Small cuts covered her face and hands the only exposed parts of her body. A deep gash cut across her right bicep and another on the inside of her palm. That was an injury he was used to. There was a puncture wound on the back of the left calf, it went right the way through the flesh was ragged and torn round the injury.

After he had finished cleaning her Conan pulled all he needed form the first aid kit and began to patch her up as best he could. After ha had fished cleaning, stitching and dressing the wounds the young man emptied the water out and threw the dirt remains of his shirt in the rubbish. He had done all he could do, the healing part was up to his friend. A warm and heavy body knocked in to his legs and wound round them looking down Conan smiled at Grey and ran his hand over the dark and warm fur. This he knew was the wolf's way of saying he had done and good job and thanks.

“No problem boy. Let’s get her back to her room and then ill see what I can find for us to eat I'm starving.”

A loud bark met his ears as he moved to the table and lifted the clean and naked friend and took her to her bedroom.

Oh god was the first thought that rang throughout her brain. The pain that she could feel was unbearable. Her head throbbed like someone had taken to whacking it repeatedly with a hammer. Her whole body was aching and she didn’t want to wake up.

She could feel hot breath on her face forcing her eyes to crack open she turned her head and her blue eyes met and a brown pair, deeply set and shining with joy.

Clearing her throat she forced her hand to move and pat the top of the black head.

“Hey boy, you look happy to see me.”

“He isn’t the only one thank god your awake.”

Looking in the direction of the voice Tara was shocked at the state of her friend. While he was not the most fashionable man she had ever met in her life but he was always well kept. Today how ever he wasn’t his hair was a mess and stubble covered his usually clean shaven face his glasses were grasped in his had his clothes where rumpled and looked like they were in need of a wash, so did he if she though about it.

“You don’t look so good.”

“Yeah? Well you should take a look in the mirror.”

A half smile crept on to Tara's face as her friend stood and moved over to her bed. “That bad huh?”

“Well you don’t look your usual gorgeous self.”

A laugh bubbled up in her chest and quickly turned into a racking cough. A glass was gently pressed to her lips and a hand on the back of her head urged her to drink. After a few sips the glass was removed and her head lowered back to its pillow.

“What happened?”

“A demon.”

“Just the one?” She could see the puzzlement in Conan’s face and hear it in his voice. One demon was usually no problem but the thing she had met wasn’t natural. Well as natural as demons got.

“It wasn’t your average demon. It was a trap.”

Taking a deep breath Tara closed her eyes and tried to push the pain away. Pulling the covers of her face reddened as she saw that she was naked.

“I…err….I... had to take your… clothes off to treat you sorry.” Looking up she saw that Conan had turned his back and was staring at the door to her room.

“Its ok I understand, and I’m thankful that you were here.” Dizziness and pain washed over her as she stood.

“You shouldn’t get out of bed.” There was warning in the statement from her friend but she didn’t have time for it.

“We aren’t safe here Conan. Get what you can carry and then come back here.”

“What?”

She didn’t have time for questions. “I promise I will explain everything when we find some where safe.”

“Why do we have to leave?”

“Hhhhe knows wwwhere I am.”

The colour that was in Conan’s Face drained away and was replaced with sheer terror. A strangled sound escaped from his throat as he spun around to face her.

“Hurry Conan and get what you can carry only essentials. A change of cloths, some food, weapons, what ever you think you will need.”

“But…”

“Go!”

She had to run again, this time she wasn’t alone she would take Conan and Grey with her she could bare it if anything happened to her friends and she would never forgive herself. She understood his terror all to well, but were Conan’s fear stemmed from the tales he had coxed form her. Hers fear stemmed from the known, she knew who was hunting her; she had seen his face, looked into his eyes and almost drowned in the evil that resided within them. She had escaped him and he wanted her back. She never believed he would find her but she was mistaken. He had found her and now he was coming to get her.

Last edited by Reece on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:06 am, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FF:The Hunted
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:14 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
Hello :)

That is a really interesting start. You got me curious abot who "he" is, and everything.

About the form itself, I can't judge your english or anything, but sometimes your sentences are really long and you could add then and there some commas or point. :)

You said it was your first at paring Willow and Tara? Do you usually write another pairing, or is it just your first Buffy The Vampire Slayer fic? Sorry I'm curious :)

I am curious to see where you go with this work. :)

Friendly,

Julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:33 pm 
12. Recently Gay

This is really good so far!

I'm intrigued.

Please continue this awesome story!!!

XX Rachel XX

Wishing Peace, light and love to everyone.
Tara: 'Can we just skip it? Can, can you just be kissing me now?'
Tara: 'I am you know' Willow: 'What?' Tara 'yours'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:08 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hey

JujuDeRoussie - hey Julia

About the longs sentences I do tend to ramble on in person so I guess it must translate to my writing as well. Sorry :blush

Yes this is my first willow and Tara and my first BTVS fic. I do however write some Star Trek fics.

Yours - Hey Rachel

I am pleased that you liked the story and I certainly plan to continue
Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you everyone who has read my story and to those who have replied it was appreciated.

Reece

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:11 am 
2. Floating Rose

FF:The Hunted

Disclaimer: See part 1

Part 2

Getting dressed had been difficult. Her ribs had hurt like hell and she couldn’t lift her arms properly. She realised that Conan hadn’t been kidding when he said she looked like hell. The demon had nearly finished her off. She had to admit she had been lucky in killing it. Its bulky nature and lack of brains had been its down fall. If it had been any faster and smarted she would have been toast. She hadn’t expected that when she had emerged in that world. A simple supply gathering mission had turned into a fight for her life and discovery.

Tara’s head whipped up as she heard foot steps thumping down the corridor. Conan, you could hear him coming form any where in the complex. It would be sad to say goodbye for her home of two years and at the same time she couldn’t wait to leave.

“You took your time Conan. Grey and I have been waiting for you.”

A sheepish grip appeared on the hansom face before her. “Yeah well I had to be careful what I chose.”

Shaking her head and ignoring the pain for her rips Tara grabbed her duffle bag and through it over her shoulder. “Is that your laptop?”

“Yeah well you never know right. Are you sure you’re ok?” A concerned frown had creased Conan’s forehead. He had watched Tara throw the Duffle bag over her shoulder and winced in sympathy as it hit her back.

“I'm fine Conan. I have had much worse.”

“Err ok… So where are we headed.”

“I don’t know”

“Ok…”

“I can’t pick where we will go, it’s random.” That wasn’t exactly the whole truth but she didn’t have time to explain everything right now.

“So we could end up somewhere primitive?” the question was hesitant as it fell form Conan’s lips.

A grin creped on to Tara’s face, as Conan’s eyes nearly bulged out of his head at the thought of ending up in a world lacking technology. “I don’t know it’s unpredictable. We will go where we are meant to go. Where we will be hidden and where we will be needed.”

“Ok.”

“Right then lets go.” A nod from Conan and a sharp bark from Grey told her all she needed to know. She moved swiftly down the corridor with her duffle bag on her back. It contained everything she needed. She had never had a travelling companion apart from Grey. Conan would be her first. She could fell apprehension rolling of him in waves she was nervous enough without his adding to hers.

Stopping and laying a hand on Conan’s arm Tara smiled reassuringly. “Its ok you’ll be fine.”

“I’m not going to lose a limb or something?”

“No you’ll be fine it’s disorientating the first time. You’ll feel a little sick but at the same time it’s euphoric. Your going somewhere few people have been. It’s such a rush.”

“You sound like a drug addict.”

A snort of laughter escaped her as she though on his comment. “Yeah I guess I am in a way only my drug is the hopping.”

“So will I get addicted?”

“No you won’t be hopping enough your body cant take more that five hops.”

“That’s good to know.”

“Don’t worry Conan I will make sure nothing happens to you.”

Smiling at her first and only friend Tara opened the door to the chamber. She had been surprised and shocked when she had first arrived here. The pedestal had been encased in this room, inside this huge complex of buildings. That was a first for her, she had never come across a pedestal situated somewhere like this. This was Conan’s world. A world ravaged by a war. Demons and Humans fought savagely for this world.

This complex she had arrived in had once been part of the human government’s army. Few people survived the terrible war Conan was one of them he had been a teenager when the war started. Conan had been recruited at the age of 13 to fight. It was clear however that he just wasn’t made for combat so they had put him to better used controlling there machines.

The war finished with utter destruction. There was no victor. The complex had been abandoned as the world tried to reorder itself. She had spent a time after arriving here exploring the complex and the area outside. She had come across Conan running from an Adage Demon, she had saved him and he had been grateful. She had patched him up and made a friend. She paid him in food to keep the complex running. He in turn took good care of Grey when the animal decided he wanted to stay behind and he offered her some semblance stability.

The door to the pedestal chamber swished open and snapped Tara out of her internal musing. Her boots impacted heavily on the stone floor of the dark chamber. The pedestal glowed at them threw the gloom. She knew it was anticipating there journey. It was waiting for her offering, waiting to take her to a new world.

“Are you sure we have to leave?”

“Positive. I can feel him getting closer.”

“How?”

“I don’t know Conan I just can?”

“How did he find you?”

“The demon and the pedestal.”

“I don’t understand.”

Coming to a stop in front of the pedestal Tara dropped her duffle and rummaged inside.

The demon. Well its blood it mixed with mine and when I offered it to the pedestal he felt it. He watched. He saw me come here and now this is where he is coming.

Pulling the old dagger form the confines of her bag Tara rose quickly. Shouldering her bag once more she moved to stand in front of Gray. Holding out her hand the large fur covered hound offered her his paw. Tara brought the dagger down quickly slicing into the soft pad of the animal. Blood collocated on the blade and Tara wiped it off into the palm of her left hand.

Rising from bended knee she moved in Conan’s direction. “Hold out your hand palm up.”

Conan offered her his hand; she took the outstretched palm and clutched it gently with her thumb and fingers. Tara swiftly ran the blade along Conan’s life line drawing forth his blood. With his blood on the blade Tara closed her left hand around the blade and cut.

He hand unclenched the intermingled blood began to pool in her palm.

“Conan move closer to the pedestal.”

The gangly man moved next to her his feet touching the crystal at the base. Tara could Grey’s body pushing heavily into her leg. Blood dripped slowly on the pedestal changing its colour like always. Her hand seemed to move in slow motion as she brought it down to connect with the cold surface beneath.

The world about them faded as light poured forth as they where pulled form the world.

Strolling threw the grave yard Buffy Summers twirled her stake in her right hand while she waited for something to happen to kick start her patrol. Coming to a halt in front of a freshly dug grave Buffy stopped twirling her stake and grasped it firmly in her fist.

One elegant looking dirt covered hand broke through the freshly turned earth and was quickly followed by another. Buffy watched as the newly risen vampire pulled her body threw the broken remains of her casket and the dirt that lay above to face her.

Buffy opened her mouth to speak when there was a sudden burst of brilliantly intense white light. Slamming her eyes shut Buffy raised her arms to protect her face from the light. Almost as soon as the light had appeared it was gone removing her arm Buffy looked down ready to drive her stake into the chest of the vamp and was greeted by the site of ashes mixed with the dirt swirling in the air around her.

“What the hell?” Frowning the slayer also noticed that her skin hurt looking down at her hand Buffy could see that it was burned tentatively touching her head also revealed that her face was burned as well.

“That is sooooo not good.”

Looking to her left Buffy noticed that the ground was scorched and smoking. Where there had once been grass was now blackened and burnt earth, the slayer could see half of a headstone. What the hell had incinerated the other half she wasn’t sure she wanted to know? Shaking her head the slayer forced herself too move over the scorched and hot earth. As she drew closer to the circle, Buffy noticed the small column of white crystal rising out from the ground. In all the time she had patrolled this grave yard she had never seen that before. So what ever had just happened she was going to bet that thing had something to do with it.

As she moved ever closer Buffy saw what looked like a. Tightening her grip on Mr Pointy Buffy walked directly to column of crystal. Coming to halt in front it Buffy slowly crouched down and reached out a hand and ran it gently over the carved surface of the pedestal. Standing up once more the slayer frowned.

After taking in the entire scene Buffy made a quick decision to head back to the magic box and Giles. Hopefully he could tell her what that this is and what the hell had just happened because she sure as hell didn’t have a clue.

Tara gazed sympathetically at Conan as he lay slumped on the ground. She had grabbed her friend and half dragged and half carried him behind a mausoleum. She had felt the girl as soon as the emerged into this world. They couldn’t afford to be seen. She had made Conan move. Grey had obediently followed her as she quickly made a move.

She had watched as the girl moved stake in hand and touched the pedestal. The energy rolling of the girl was phenomenal. She didn’t feel the girl would hurt her but there was still an edge of danger to the girl she had saw.

“Who was that?”

“I don’t know. Are you ok?” concern was evident in Tara’s voice as she smoothed some of the greasy hair from Conan’s forehead.

“No I think I left my stomach back in the chamber.”

“It’s always hard the first time.”

“Was it for you?”

“Yeah. Come on we can’t stay here we have to go.” Reaching down Tara helped the taller Conan to his feet only to watch as she doubled over and emptied the content of his stomach.

Wiping his mouth on his sleeve and clutching his stomach Conan asked “go where?”

Tara quickly clashed his upper arms as he swayed

“I don’t know we will find some where.”

Breathing deeply as his friend watched him with concern Conan tried to smile reassuringly “I was thinking about that before we left I think I might be able to help.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:02 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
Dibs!

very, very cool.

i had no idea that you'd mix this fantasy world with the buffyverse. transition suprised the heck outta me, but i'm really excited to see where this goes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:52 am 
12. Recently Gay

This story is really good!

It's most definatly one that I plan to follow!!!

Tara's now in Sunnydale, whoop!

Can't imagin who she might bump into!!!! ;-)

Good job!!!

XX Rachel XX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:02 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Hello :)

I second Zooeys_Bridge on the surprise of the mix. But as good surprise.
This makes me even more curious.

Keep up the good work. :)

Friendly,

Julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:03 am 
2. Floating Rose

Zooeys_Bridge - Hey there. I’m so pleased that you liked what I have written so far. Oh I’m relived it was a good surprise. Thanks for the feed back.

Yours - Hey again Rachel. Pleased that you’re going to follow the story, no I couldn’t imagine who she might bump into either :laugh

JujuDeRoussie - Hello Julia. Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad it was a good surprise for you to I’ll try and keep up the good work

Thanks again to everyone who has been reading this.

Now on with the next part.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:12 am 
2. Floating Rose

Part 3

A loud bang and Buffy’s slightly breathless shouts drew the attention of the middle aged man standing behind the counter of the magic box.

“Hey Giles”

“Good grief Buffy you don’t have to shout I am right here.”

“Sorry look you have to come with me right now, to the grave yard, there is something you just have to see.”

“Buffy what happened to your face?” Concern was written all over Giles’s face.

“What?” Touching her face tentatively Buffy realised she must look like she had had a up close and personal encounter with the sun, “Look Giles I don’t have time for questions get your jacket and lets go.”

“I must ins…..”

“Giles!!! Jacket! Door! Grave yard! Yesterday!”

Frowning at the demanding quality of his young charges tone of voice, Giles did as she asked and made his way from round the counter, and grabbed his tweed jacket.

The walk to the graveyard was filled with Giles asking questions and Buffy telling him to hurry.

“So where is it?”

“Oh right there. Isn’t it the weirdest?”

Frowning as he moved closer to the place and the object Buffy had dragged him here to see. “Well I have to admit it is quite peculiar.”

Buffy had been right it was strange he had never seen anything like it. It was about 100 mm in height and looked like it had been grown. As he moved closer to the object Giles could see it was milky white in colour and what appeared to be runes carved all over the surface. Only the runes or characters weren’t anything Giles had ever seen before. People where intricate carved, tiny in proportion and extremely detailed. Each carving was what appeared to be story ran in a spiral.

“So what is it?”

“Well I need to study it.”

“You don’t know.”

“Well if I am honest I … no… I have never seen anything quite like this.”

“Giles look at the damage it did.”

Looking around the grave yard Giles had to admit it was destructive anything with in the immediate vicinity of the object had been incinerated.

“Can you believe it Giles in the grave yard? I mean I know Sunnydale is the hotspot for the strange but this is just…. I mean puff, big flash of light, part of the cemetery was smoking and it was just… there!!” Using her hands to emphasise her point Buffy gestured towards the column.

“What do you mean puff?”

The frown appeared on the watchers face that prompted Buffy to elaborate slightly “What I said!! There was this huge flash of light, it toasted the vamp…”

“Vampire?”

“Yeah a fledgling that I was just about to dust. It was the weirdest thing that I have ever seen! Giles I have been patrolling that cemetery of years and we have run across some weird stuff but this gets the price for the freakiest.”

Giles headed towards Buffy “Now Buffy do tell me exactly what happened.”

“I just did.”

“Humour me.”

“I was patrolling the cemetery heading towards that grave you told me about. The vamp broke through and I was just about to introduce him to Mr Pointy when there was this flash of light, it was so bright I couldn’t see anything for a few minutes. When I could see again there was dust at my feet and on my jacket and there was a huge circle of burnt ground, I headed toward it and that’s when I saw it a little lump of rock sticking out of the earth. I walked closer and saw it was covered in funky writing. Then I high tailed it out of there.”

“Well this does requires further investigation.”

“Well duh.”

Frowning at Buffy Giles gestured her closer. “Do you have your cell phone with you Buffy?”

“Yeah why?”

A pointed look and Giles removing his glasses made Buffy smile sheepishly as she reached inside the pocket of her leather jacket for her cell. “Pictures right?”

“Precisely.”

“Take as many as you can get close ups of the object and then take some pictures of the whole scene.”

“Ok.” While Buffy clicked away Giles ran through all the books he owned in his mind that might be of help.

“Giles?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m sure there used to be a statue of a praying angel there?”

”Here? You’re sure.”

“Yeah remember it because it was a touch over the top. I guess it went the same way as the headstones.” Buffy explained while flicking her wrist in the direction of a half incinerated headstone that stood at an odd angle.

“It’s safe to say that the angel held this inside,”

“So someone covered that lump of rock with another lump of rock?”

Frowning at the slayer Giles removed his glasses once again and wiped a hand across his forehead. “Well I wouldn’t have phrased it quite that way Buffy but essentially yes. The object here could have been encased within the statue.”

“Giles?”

Quickly placing his glasses on his face Giles turned to look at Buffy once again. “Yes Buffy?”

“I've finished photographing it.”

“Marvellous. Now let’s head back to the magic box. Call Willow, Xander and Anya I will need there help”

Buffy rolled her eyes at Giles as he staring distractedly at the lump of rock protruding form the cemetery floor. Hitting speed dial on her cell she knew it was going to be a long night.

Tara and Conan made there way through the open door of the motel room.

“How did you do this?”

“The wonders of technology. It can some many open doors you never imagined.”

“So can magic.”

Smiling at his friend Conan gazed in amazement at grotty little the room he had purchased for them both.

“Wow.”

Tara smiled sadly the room was a palace compared to the squalor they had spent the last two years in. this truly was heaven.

“Yeah you did good Conan.”

“Thanks Tara I haven’t seen thing this clean for almost 10 years.”

“Well enjoy it Conan.”

“You want to use the shower first?”

“No you go ahead.”

“Cool.”

As Conan headed into the bath room looking forward to his shower Tara sat heavily on to her bed, her ribs where aching. The throbbing had gotten unbearable. Oh second though she knew she should have taken Conan up on his offer to shower first. The soothing water might have alleviated some of the pain.

Forcing her body to stand Tara moved over toward the bedside table and grabbed a hand full of the notes Conan had gotten from the machine.

“Conan.”

“Yeah?” The answer was muffled by the running water.

“I'm just going to get something for my side ok.”

“Sure don’t be to long or ill have to come and get you.”

“I won’t.”

Pulling her coat tightly across her body Tara headed out of the room. The Motel corridors weren’t much better than the room they had to share. This world as in ever one she had visited had a seedy side. It seemed that they had landed smack dab in the centre of it. A woman glared at her half naked through an open door, the smell of urine and vomit dripped from ever corner.

The counter at the entrance was a delight in Formica. The grubby breaded owner sat slumped in a chair watching a tiny television scratching his protruding stomach.

“Do you know where I can get some pain killers?”

He jabbed a chubby finger at the door and grunted.

“Ok outside I get that but I new here.”

“Look lady just walk down the block you cant miss the all night drug store.”

“Thanks.” Shaking her head Tara headed in the direction that the motel owner had pointed to. It was quite cold. While she didn’t usually feel the cold so much her body was tired and the cold seemed to be seeping into her bones.

The street was empty. That was unusual. She had been to worlds like this and there was always someone out at night, but here there was no one. She knew why. The girl in the grave yard had held an object that told her all she needed to know. A Vampire world. She could feel the evil in this place; it wouldn’t be good to stay for to long. Then again she could keep making Conan jump with her form dimension to dimension it wasn’t fare and his body could be destroyed.

Looking up Tara saw the pharmacy. So busy in her thoughts Tara was surprised when a body impacted with her own.

“I’m so sorry are you ok?”

“Xander!! Hurry up, Buffy said we where needed.”

“Ok Anya just hold on a second ok.”

“Y…y…yeah I’m f...f...fine thanks.”

“Here let me help you up. I didn’t see you there.” A hand gently grasped her won and pulled her swiftly and gently to her feet. Her side protected at the move but she managed to bite down on the pain

“Its o...k...k I wasn’t l...l...looking where I was going.”

“Well let’s agree that where were both to blame.”

“O...k...k...k.” The gentle smiling face of the man in front of her made her smile in reflex.

“Xander, stop flirting with her right now!”

“Anya I’m not flirting I was helping her up.”

“Hfffphh I'm leaving do what you want.”

Tara frowned as the woman glared at her arms crossed and then stormed of in the opposite direction.

“I err better go she’s sensitive. Sorry again for knocking you down. Bye.”

With that apology and an easy smile he was gone running after the woman who had glared at her. Shaking her head Tara crossed the street and headed into the all-night pharmacy she had seen before her encounter with the young man and the sidewalk.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:54 am 
12. Recently Gay

i love this fic it's ace! It really makes you think. I'm comin up with so many different analogies as 2 what or who tara is. Is she jumping dimensions or slipping through time? And if so why?
It really gets my brain working. Good job! Can't wait till the next update!

Keep up the good work!

Xx Rachel Xx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:13 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Yours - Hey Rachel, thanks once again for your feedback it’s greatly appreciated. oh I’m glad it gets your brain working I can't give the game away, you will have to keep reading and see where I go, hope I can keep your interest.

Thanks aging for the feedback

Reece

Thanks as well to everyone how has been reading.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:17 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Part 4

Tara could feel eyes upon her as she walked back to the motel. She has felt them before so many times so it was no surprise when a large shape moved rapidly towards her at great speed, the shape stopped clumsily at her feet, panting heavily.

“Hey Grey where have you been boy? You just took off, and left me and Conan at the grave yard.”

The beast cocked his head to the side big brown eyes looked up at her shinning with intelligence and something more.

“Are you ok boy? What’s wrong?”

Grey looked away. His attention fixed on something behind her. Tara watched as the wolf's lips pulled back in a snarl his gleaming white teeth sparkled in the moonlight. Low rumbling growl rippled, humming his throat and in the air around them. The hair on his back stood on end and his neck and head dropped low as he set himself into a defensive pose.

Spinning around Tara saw the reason for Greys behaviour.

“Great that’s all I need.” Three men where headed in her direction.

The closest and tallest of the three held his arms open. He was dressed in a leather jacket and bleached jeans. His head was bald and the light shone of it. “Hey little lady, you wanna have some fun?”

“N...n...not with you.”

The other two skulked behind him, they where dressed similar to the first. The leaders smile intensified as he heard her stammer. “Aww now come on me and the boys will show you a good time.”

“I don’t think so.”

As they moved closer to her the lamp light illuminated their faces. Rigged foreheads, fanged teeth and golden eyes. Vampires. She didn’t have time for this.

“Well I guess where going to have to make you play then aren’t we.”

“I guess you are yeah.”

The closet one who was obviously the leader frowned at the flippant comment.

“You’re not scared? You sound scared but I don’t smell any fear from you.”

Rolling her eyes at the Vampire Tara adjusted the paper bag she held in her arms.

“You’re good.”

“Why aren’t you scared?”

“I h…h…have no reason to b…be, I think you should be the one w…w…who’s s…scared.”

“Whys that then doll?”

“Oh I don’t k…k…know maybe m...my friend here.”

“What’s a dog gonna do to us? He’s just an appetiser babe.” A high pitched laugh burst forth form the tall vampire. The other two snorted and smiled grotesquely.

Tara had had enough. Turning on her heal she started walking back to the motel.

“Hey!!”

“Grey…” One word was all that was needed the wolf pounced at the first vampire the weight, impact and momentum of the wolf forced the vampire the tumble backward. Teeth sank in to his throat ripping and tearing.

Grey landed silently in a cloud of dust as a kick aimed at his head missed. Surging forward the wolf leaped out of the way of the vampires frenzied attack. The wolf moved forward with speed snarling and salivating. Blood, dust and saliva mixed around the wolf's muzzle. Once again it leapt into the air with a speed that surprised the first vampire and frightened the second.

The wolf wasted no time in going for the exposed throat of the second vampire. A muffled and garbled scream rang out in the night air.

Foot steps impacted the ground behind her. She knew it was the third and final vampire. It was moving fast making up ground fast. No need to worry. The hunter was the hunted in this case.

The air directly behind her shifted as the vampire got within touching distance. Closing her eyes Tara felt everything shift. Time slowed for her, but for everything else it kept going. A second was all it took and the vampire was past her a perplexed look on its face.

“Behind you.”

“Huh.”

Tara watched stormy eyed as the vampire Spun around .A look of absolute puzzlement and confusion on his face, his jaw dropped as he stared at her out stretched palm. The look of confusion turned to one of realisation, and then the pain came as he desperately grasped his chest. A racking cough erupted form his throats bringing forth dust and a plume of smoke. His exposed skin began to turn grey. A silent scream was etched on the demonic visage. He dropped to his knees before her as his body crumbled into nothingness.

A wet tongue licking her leg broke Tara out of her trance. This place this town was evil she could feel it pulsing beneath her feet. She had been attacked in the open before, but always with tact. There was something here that made the demons less cautious. The vampires didn’t even register Grey as a threat, which was new development. She had encountered the un-dead before and they always stared more at the wolf than her. Here the vampires had be so focused on making her there next meal that they had ignored her animal friend. There second mistake. There first had been attacking her in the first place.

“Come on boy lets go.”

Conan looked up when the door to the motel room swung open, and Tara walked in carrying a brown crumpled Paper bag in her arms.

“You where gone awhile.”

“Yeah sorry.”

“Did you find a drug store?”

“I sure did.” Tara emptied the paper bag full out over the counter drugs onto her bed.

“Wow that should last you for the year.”

Smiling Tara moved over to the only window in the room. No sooner had she opened it had Grey leaped through.

“Oh you found him I see.”

“Yeah. I’m going to get in the shower I wont be long.”

“Sure thing ill go and see if I can find us something to eat ok?”

“Yeah that would be great.”

Conan moved over toward Grey as Tara grabbed her duffle bag and shut the bathroom door behind her.

The door to the magic Box flew open. Buffy Summers felt her eyes roll automatically as she watched from she was seated as Anya marched right past her, with Xander hot on here heals. The ex-demon looked like she was about to burst.

“Hey Buff.”

“Hey Xander, what’s with Anya? Or do I even wanna know?”

Xander's shoulders shrugged a bit as he looked over at his girlfriend. “Oh nothing Anya’s just being Anya.”

It was obviously the wrong thing to say because Buffy saw Xander flinch out of the corner of her eye as Anya’s irate voice reached there ears. The slim woman looked furious. “I am not just being Anya what ever that means. It’s bad enough that we had to miss the end of the movie I had paid to see to come here for you.” With a pointed look and a glare in Buffy’s direction she continued her rant. “Then we had to walk because Xander’s car is a piece of junk and wouldn’t start. Xander then proceeds to cheat on me, he touched up some woman and then flirted with her in front of me.”

“I didn’t grope anyone Anya.”

Even more puzzled after Anya had started Talking which want new in Buffy’s experience. The slayer leaned forwards and asked Anya a question which was promptly ignored. “What woman?”

Anaya just ignored Buffy’s questions and crossed her arms over her chest. “Your eyes where undressing that girl Xander.”

Again the door to the magic box opened

“What girl?”

Xander smiled as his red headed best friend came to a halt in front of them laden down with books

“Hey Will, been studying hard?”

“Hey Xander! Yeah you know me study, study, study.”

Willow tried to wave at the slayer but couldn’t due to the load she carried. Smiling sheepishly instead she shook her head form side to side in greeting. “Hey Buff!”

Smiling at willow Buffy reached out a hand to help her with some of her load. “Hey wills.”

Willow allowing Buffy to grab a few books of the top of the pile she was carrying while offloading the rest onto the table to her right. When her arms where free Willow turned her attention to Xander. “So who’s this girl?”

Anya narrowed her eyes at Willow. At the lack of greeting the ex-demon mood darkened and she spun on her heal and headed behind the counter.

“Anya honey I was just being polite.”

Seeing the questioning looks directed at him from both his friends prompted Xander to elaborate. “I bumped into a girl a few blocks away. Helped her to her feet, I said I was sorry, she said she was sorry, Anya… well just over reacted.”

“Oh right.” That explained everything as far as Buffy and Willow were concerned Anya was just being Anya.

“Ahh good everyone is here.”

“Hey Giles.” Willow smiled and waved as Giles headed down the stairs book in hand.

“Hey G-man”

“Hello Willow, Xander.”

Looking to his left Giles spotted Anya arms crossed glaring at the back of Xander’s head. “Anya you’re here as well. Good, good lets get to it shall we.”

“Get on with what Giles?”

“I need all of you to help researching into something Buffy discovered.”

Conan shook his head as he sat upon his bed, gesturing to the multitude of wrappers. A vending machine was the only thing the motel possessed, he had been starving and sugar was sugar. So five candy bars and to fizzy drinks later he felt quite nauseous.
“Sorry this was the best I could do. I didn’t think you would want me wandering the streets a night here.”

Tara frowned as she took another bite of her chocolate bar. “No defiantly not. Conan do not go out alone at night here if you can avoid it.”

“Ok, so are we staying here?” Standing up Conan collected the wrappers and the empty cans and threw them into the trash can.

“I don’t know.”

“What is it?”

“This place …”

“Sunnydale.”

“What?”

“That’s what it’s called, the town Sunnydale. I asked the grotty little night manager on my way back here. He looked at me like I was stupid.”

“Well at least we know where we are now.”

“Yep so what’s up with Sunnydale? Apart from blonde girls in cemeteries with bits of wood?”

Smiling at Conan Tara shook her head “I don’t know there is something not quite right about town. It’s evil.”

“Well my world was as evil as it can get. Ole Sunnydale can’t be as bad as that.”

Sighing she threw the remainder of the chocolate over to Grey who snatched it out of the air. “It’s worse than your world. This place is like a black hole, I can’t feel much apart from this current of darkness. I don’t like it, it makes me disorientated. Distracts me.”

“So you think we should leave?”

“We will talk about this more in the morning.”

“So what’s the plan for tomorrow then Tare?”

“Food. Real food, not junk. And then we find out as much as about this place as possible.” Another smile accompanied the statement.

“How are we going to do that?”

“I have my ways.” A half smile was all Conan got as Tara moved under the covers and turned her body away from him.

Post subject: Re: FF:The Hunted (Updated 09/12/07)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:59 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Great update-y goodness... W/T meeting soon?

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:33 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Zampsa1975 Hey, thank you for your feedback. To answer your question yes willow and Tara meet very soon, they will meet in the next part in fact.

My aim is to have the next part finished sometime soon, and I should hopefully post the finished part later on today.

Thanks for reading

Reece

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:42 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Hi :)

I finally caught up. You still got me curious. Old Sunnyd-Hell... :)

Thanks,

Juju

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:08 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Hey Reece.

Ace update! Yay Willow and Tara will be meeting soon :) :pride

And I so want a wolf as a pet!!!!!!

XX Rachel XX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:21 pm 
2. Floating Rose

JujuDeRoussie Hello, glad that your still curious, and I am glad that your still reading and enjoying the story. Thank you for the feedback.

Yours Hello Rachel, I’m pleased that you liked the update , oh id like a wolf as a pet as well

Thanks again
Reece

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:22 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Part 5

Tara awoke tangled in the sheets of the cheap motel bed. Sweat covered her body. The heat in the dingy little motel room was unbearable. The air conditioning wasn’t working and the heat in the room had gotten progressively worse. The body heat coming from her grey and Conan wasn’t making the situation any better. Throwing the covers form her body Tara moved over to the window. As soon as she pushed the window open the cool morning air swirled into the room.

Sitting back down on the bed Tara felt wariness over take her body and it wasn’t long before she found herself ling back on the bed and drifting of in to oblivion once more.

The next time she woke she could hear the shower running. Conan’s voice was ringing out toneless through the door, she had no doubt he was butchering some classic song.

The wolf curled up under the window tried to cover his ears with his paws. Tara smiled and listened as the water shut off and the wailing stopped. Shuffling and rattling could be heard from behind the door before it sung open and Conan walked out a towel wrapped round his waist.

“Hey Tare the bathroom is all yours. I needed another shower after the night in the oven.”

“Ill just jump in the shower then we can go get something to eat. Kay?”

“Cool, ill just get dressed.”

“Ok.” Tara stood grabbed some clean clothes and the headed into the bathroom.

The shower was quick and it wasn’t long before the two found themselves sitting in a little dinner. The food had been good and the two travellers had found themselves ordering more after the first servings barely touched the hunger they both felt.

The waitress had just returned with there plates laden with food filled up there cups with coffee and headed away form there table. Tara began to shuffle food into her mouth. It tasted so good, they hadn’t eaten in three days and the meal before her was like heaven.

“So where in a country called America, it looks the same as Marato, the country I grew up in so I'm thinking it’s the same country different name. We are also in California in a town called Sunnydale. Well we knew the Sunnydale part courtesy of the friendly night manager.”

Swallowing the food in her mouth Tara gestured for Conan to turn his lap top toward her.

“The pedestal jumps around but you will generally end up in around the same area in each dimension. So your right Marti and America will be the same place just a different name. Some times small things are different say some one had blue eyes instead of green and that all that’s different about the different worlds, sometimes it’s a major difference. This world differs drastically from your world as far as I can tell.”

“Hmmm… so what's the plan?”

“First I need supplies then we head back to the grave yard.”

“Ok I get the supplies bit but the grave yard bit I’m not too sure about?”

“I need to hide the pedestal.”

“Oh.”

“Yes I can’t just leave it sitting out in the open like that. I should have done it right away but you where my first priority.”

“Oh. Sorry.”

“You have nothing to be sorry about. If anyone should be sorry it should be me. This is my entire fault I dragged you into this situation. It was stupid of me to ever involve you.”

“Don’t say that Tare I would be dead if it wasn’t for you. You and that dumb wolf of yours saved me and I am eternally grateful even if I don’t show it all the time you’re the best thing that’s happened to me in a long time.”

“Still I shouldn't…”

“Enough. I’m an adult. I am capable of making my own decisions. No one forced me to come I wanted to. Ok?”

“Ok.”

“Good, now lets see if we can find somewhere in this town for you to get what you need. I mean they have demons and stuff right? They must have people who deal with them.”

“You have a point but it finding such places.”

“We could ask the waitress but somehow I think we will just get a funny look.”

“Yeah you could be right wouldn’t want to attract any unwanted attention. I guess we could just wander around and see if we come across anything.”

“How about we see what I can find on the internet.”

“I doubt there will be anything on there Conan but you welcome to try.”

“Ahhh never doubt my friend.”

“You found something?”

“I sure did. Am I awesome or what?”

“Ill reserve judgement till I have seen the fruits of your labour.”

Tara spun Conan’s laptop round so she could get a better look at the information displayed on the screen.

“The Magic Box?”

“It’s a little place just around the corner honey.”

“S…s…sorry?”

“I just popped over to give you folks a refill and I over heard the magic box. Its just I pass that place every morning on my way to work. You take a left when you leave here, round the corner and keep on walking straight. You can’t miss the place it’s at end of the street.”

“T…t…thank you.”

“My pleasure honey.” With a wink at Conan she spun on her heal coffee pot in hand.

“Oh wait do you know the way to the cemetery from there?”

The waitress stopped turned around eyebrows raised.

“Did you see the look she gave me?”

Tara smiled at Conan as he chatted aimlessly. They rounded the corner the waitress told them to and where headed to the magic box.

“I must have sounded like such a creep.”

“Yeah you must have.”

Tara had to laugh at the shocked look on Conan’s face as she agreed with his comment.

“Your not suppose to agree your suppose to say ‘no Conan she didn’t think you were weird at all’ not ‘yeah you must have’.”

Laughing again Tara patted Conan on the arm. “Well you did just blurt it out loud.”

“Yeah I know. Look isn’t that the magic box?”

“Yeah it is. Come on lets go.”

Just as they where about to cross the street and enter the small shop, the door opened and a familiar face exited. To tars three familiar faces.

“Isn’t that…?”

“yeah the girl form the grave yard.”

“What’s she doing there?”

“I don’t know Conan. I'll just go and ask her shall I?”

“Sarcasm doesn’t suit you.” Frowning Conan watched as the blonde girl walked form there intended destination talking to a dark haired well built man and a slim woman who was walking rapidly away from them. “Maybe we shouldn’t go…”

“I have to I need certain things and I have to see if they haven them.”

“Oh if you insist.”

“You wait here.”

“Alone?”

“You’re not alone. Grey is over there.”

Conan watched mutely as the wolf emerged from an ally way across the street before skulking back in.

“You know that creeps me out? Where you are he is never far behind.”

Tara smiled at Conan and headed across the street towards the small store. She understood what Conan meant about Grey but she had always found his presence comforting. When he wasn’t around she felt constantly on edge.

As she pushed the door open Tara took a good look around the interior of the small shop. The atmosphere was good, blue walls and the smell of spices lingered in the air. The place was littered with a multitude of items. Most of what she could see was useless, merely decoration, things such as crystal balls and golden goblets covered in fake jewels.

As she walked further into the small shop Tara gazed around more. There were stairs at the back and a door leading somewhere deeper into the store. Looking up Tara could see books. She could feel power rolling off some of the tomes there power calling to her.

So caught up in her surrounding Tara failed to notice the leg sticking out form under the table she was walking past.

So once again Tara found herself tumbling towards the hard floor.

Willow felt something impact with he leg. Trying to stand up was also a mistake as willow felt her head impact with the hard wood of the table. Holding her head willow scrambled out for underneath and stood up to see a girl sprawled on the floor.

Rushing forward Willow rounded the grounded form of the girl and kneeled down. She reached out her hands to wards that of the girl.

“I am so sorry, I didn’t even see you there, I am such a klutz, I’m always doing stuff like this, typical me. Sticking my big dumb leg out and then you trip over it…”

“I…it’s o…o…ok.”

Green met blue and willow was completely lost. The girl before her was beautiful. Willow had to do a double take in her mind as what she had just thought registered. Beautiful? She couldn’t believe she had just thought that about a complete stranger never mind a girl. However it was true.

The girl was beautiful, her hair was dark blonde, it fell straight and covered part of her face. Bright blue eyes shone at her from a perfectly proportioned face. Willow felt her eyes track down the face form the small button nose to the full lips that where pulling up into a crooked smile.

The girl took her hand and willow felt a current rush up her arm. Her eyes winded at the contact and if the blonde girl’s reaction was anything to go by she felt it to.

Willow could swear she could hear someone calling her name.

“Willow? Willow?”

Willow answered distractedly as she gazed into the eyes of the girl in front of her. “Yeah.”

“Do you and your friend plan to sit on the floor of my shop all day?”

“What?” snapping out of the trance Willow turned her head in Giles direction.

Willow felt the loss of contact the second the blonde girl pulled her hand gently form her grasp.

“Sorry I tripped her up while I was looking for my pencil and she was on the floor so I was helping her up and …”

“Yes quite. Are you the girl I spoke to on the telephone yesterday?”

“Excuse me?”

Sighing Giles moved behind the counter of the magic box and removed his glasses.

“The girl I spoke to yesterday on the telephone. I must say you’re not what I was expecting you sounded a little older on the telephone. Well as I said on the telephone the hours are reasonable and the pay is fare.”

Willows face lit up when she thought that this girl could be working for Giles. He had been looking for someone to work in the magic box during the day for a while now without much success.

“I’m s…s…sorry I d…d…don’t know what y…your talking a…a…about.”

“You’re not the lady I spoke to on the telephone yesterday?”

“I…I…I think you h…have the w…wrong person.” Willow watched as the Blonde girl looked apologetically toward Giles then her. She knew her face must have dropped as soon as she heard the girl say Giles had got the wrong person.

“Well I must apologise for jumping to conclusion. So what can I help you with?”

Post subject: Re: FF:The Hunted (Updated 11/12/07)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:35 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Yay!! They've finally met!!!!!!!

And they had a connection... WOOP!!!! :party :party

This story is wicked! It gets my curiosity peaked every time I read a new update!

You're doing an awesome job!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!

XX Rachel XX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:18 am 
19. Yummy Face

Good update-y goodness... so now they have met... I hope that Tara & Willow start to make excuses to spend time together and :wtkiss ensues ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:05 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Yours - Hello again Rachel, yes they finally met ;-) I am so pleased that it is keeping your interest and I will try to keep up the good work. :blush

Zampsa1975 - hey there, Thanks for the feed back
Quote:
I hope that Tara & Willow start to make excuses to spend time together and ensues
oh you will just have to wait and see ;-)

Thanks again for reading
Reece

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:41 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Part 6

“Well that quite the list, I am not sure I have everything you need on hand.”

“Y...you don’t?” disappointment and something akin to panic flash across Tara's heart she needed everything now.

“No I am afraid not. It is just some of the items are quite… how shall I say difficult to come across.”

“I k…k…know can you get them for me?”

“Yes it may take some time.”

“I’ll have to wait?”

“Well I have most of what you need if you still want it?”

“Yes ill take it all.”

“Let me just get what you need.”

Sighing Tara turned from the man in front of her while he collected the herbs she needed. She could feel

“You’re a witch?” Tara was startled at the gently probing question.

“Y...yes.” The gentle smile on the girls face was beautiful. It sent warmth surging towards Tara’s heart.

“Well there is everything I can find for you.”

Dragging her gaze away from the petite red head Tara smiled kindly at the older man and took the bag he handed to her.

“Thank you Mr…”

“Giles, Rupert Giles, and you are?”

“Tara McClay.”

“I’m Willow.”

Tara saw the older gentleman frown in irritation at the red heads interruption but she thought it was cute.

“Hello Willow and thank you Mr Giles, how much will that be?” A small blush spread over willows cheeks and Tara felt her smile increase

“$30”

Reaching into the pocket of her military coat Tara pulled out a number of crumpled up motes which Conan had given her. She handed them to Giles who handed her some back with a smile and turned toward the register.

“Well Miss McClay it was a pleasure, I hope to see you again.”

“Thank you Mr Giles, I am sure we will see each other again.”

“Yes I am sure we will goodbye.”

“Good bye Mr Giles, bye Willow.”

Tara watched as something akin to panic rose in the girls eyes when she said the word goodbye.

“But... I mean bye.”

Smiling once more Tara dropped her head and walked form the shop, her purchases in hand.

Conan watched as Tara headed swiftly towards him bag in hand. As she has walked form the shop he had seen a girl appear behind her. A red haired slim girl, with quirky dress sense.

His interest was perked as Tara seemed to sense the girl looking at her and her head swung around.

Conan continued to watch as Tara’s gaze shifted as she headed towards him.

“Hey you were gone awhile.”

“Yes I was talking with the shop owner.”

“The red head?”

“What?” Tara’s head automatically turned back toward the magic box as Conan’s words.

“You know the red head who was watching you from the door way.”

“Oh no the shops owned by a Mr Giles.”

“Oh rite. So who’s the girl?” Conan Casually tried to find out more.

“Willow.”

“Like the tree?”

“I think so”

Conan switched the conversation topic he knew wasn’t going to get anything out of Tara, it was like getting blood form a stone on occasion talking to her. “So where are we headed to now?”

“The cemetery. I didn’t get everything I needed but ill just have to make do. I can do the spell without everything it just enhances the effect.”

“What spell?”

“You’ll find out soon enough.” Tara laid a Hand on his arm and Conan shrugged and picked Tara’s duffle bag up form the floor and handed it to her.

“ok.” Picking up his own pack Conan swung it round and slid his arms through the straps.

Following Conan Tara shouldered her pack. “Can you remember the directions the waiters gave you at the dinner?”

“I sure do.”

“Cool lets go.”

Willow watched as the Tara crossed the street. She was dressed in a long green army coat. Her hair fell lose across the back of the coat. Knee high black combat boots adorned her feet. She had been wearing a black tee shirt and kaki coloured pants where tucked into the tops of her boots. Willow could recall every detail of the girl’s appearance. What made it stand out more was when she headed across the street toward a tall man. A very 50’s looking man. He was dressed in what appeared to be a white cardigan and grey pants and black shoes. Glasses adorned his face, and his hair was greased and slicked back. The hacker could swear she could see a side part but form this distance she could be sure.

I twinge of jealously ran through her as she watched Tara talk to the man so freely she touched his arm and Willow Had to stamp down on the urge to run over and rip her hand of his arm. With these feeling Willow began to get confused and a touch scared.
Willow didn’t know were these emotions were coming from. She had never had the slightest inkling like this before.

She had thought that Tara was beautiful; her smile had made her inside turn to jelly. Warmth ad flooded her being when Tara said her name. The felling of panic and lose she felt when Tara had said she was going was overwhelming.

What if she never saw her again?

She had been about to run from the Magic box and ask her to … ask her what? she didn’t know. She just didn’t want her to leave but leave she had right into the arms of the tall man across the street.

“So what are we doing?” Conan Gazed around the cemetery in boredom they had been here for an hour the temperature had dropped and the sky was turning grey.

“We aren’t doing anything yet.” Tara looked at the sky up form her crossed legged position on the floor. She was measuring everything she needed for her modified spell. She had to get everything ready for when it was time.

“Why not?”

“Its day people could see.” Tara frowned and shifted her gaze to her friends.

Rubbing his hands together the young man blew on them gently trying desperately to return some warmth. “So we wait?”

“Yes we wait till night fall then I cast the spell.” Nodding to herself Tara went back to her task.

“Ok, and then what do we do?”

“I will do everything, you will watch.”

Post subject: Re: FF:The Hunted (Updated 15/12/07)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:06 am 
19. Yummy Face

Good update-y goodness... It's good to know that there was spark-age immediately between Willow and Tara...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:50 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

This is a very interesting plot line ... I am curious as to the timeline in Buffyverse ... so far it has been hard to pinpoint a possible time frame other than it must be after season 4 (as Giles didn't own the Magic Box until then). Are you planning on filling in the details???

Keep up the writing ... enjoying the story! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:39 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hey all,

Sorry so long in updating this. I have been busy lately with another story I have been trying to finish and real life has crept up on me. All that said it is no excuse and I will try and post later on today.

Zampsa1975 - I am pleased you liked the update, thanks for getting back to me and I am sorry I took so late to tell you this.

LittleBit - Hey there yeah it is set after season 4 and I shall be filling in the details at some point. Thanks for the feedback it is really appreciated.

Thanks everyone for reading.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:55 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hello,

this is the next part I hope you all enjoy.

Reece.

Part 7

“I am so cold. I don’t think I have ever been this cold.”

Ignoring the man Tara continued to gaze at the moon.

“Are we going to be out her much longer? I know that motel is a trash heap but its better than freezing my b…”

“Shhhhh…”

“What is it?”

“Nothing just be quite please, you haven’t shut up for the past 30 minutes.”

Huffing Conan rolled his eyes he couldn’t believe she wasn’t cold. I mean he could see his own breath. He hadn’t been able to do that since he was a kid and he had lived with his mom and dad in Sketh. When he had joined the army as a teenager he had always been stationed where it was warm. He had grown used to the heat and now he was suffering for it.

“So what are we doing?”

“I told you I need to hide the pedestal.”

“How?”

“Transfiguration.”

“Huh?”

Sighing Tara unfolded her legs and straightened her back. She had been trying to relax her mind. She just couldn’t quite get to a soothing place. Everything around her here just screamed danger.

The last rays of were a glorious red and they were fading fast. The sound of the town was dulling and the air had chilled. Night was close and soon she could begin, everything was ready.

“It’s a simple spell, to alter the outside appearance.”

“When it’s done?”

“We leave.”

“This world?”

Shaking her head Tara spoke again. “No we leave the graveyard and we find out who was responsible for hiding the pedestal and when they did so.”

“So we need to find out what was there in the first place?”

“Precisely. So we need to go to an archive.”

Conan felt his eyebrows dip in puzzlement. “Archive? You mean library right?”

Now it was Tara’s turn to be confused, the hardest part of travelling was often the difference in terms. “Library? Is a library an archive?”

“Yeah it has books newspaper articles, and if these people aren’t in the dark ages computers.”

“Well then we will go to the library.”

“They don’t have libraries in your world?”

“We have public and private archives. They sound alike. They are essentially the same things as your libraries from what you have said. Full of books and Scholars.”

“Well your right they sure sound similar.”

“Hmm, let’s get on with this shall we.”

Tara gently folded her legs back into the lotus position. She didn’t have everything she needed for the spell, but it should work never the less. She would just have to concentrate harder and use more of her own energy to accomplish her task.

“Conan keep watch if you see anything headed this way run.”

Conan shook his head in disagreement. “What about you? I can’t leave you.”

A hard look passed over Tara’s face when Conan’s words penetrated her mind. “You can and will.”

“But…”

“No buts you will run as fast as you can. You will go back to the motel.”

“Grey will protect you. I can take care of myself.”

Tara watched with slight amusement as Conan glared at the black wolf who had taken up position by a grave stone three meters away. The wolf looked at her with understanding before it went back to glancing around at the surroundings.

“Ok.”

“Now keep vigilant.”

Tara looked at the pedestal and tried to focus her mind. She had circled the small column with the provisions she had purchased earlier in the day. She had been forced to modify the spell slightly, but it should still work.

As she focused her mind everything around her began to blur, the pedestal remained its glowing slightly in reaction to her energy.

The pedestal.

Life and only life caused a reaction.

Closing her eyes Tara focused upon her own life, here being her essence. Pulling forth her energy Tara began to channel its flow. The more control she had over her own being the more control she had over everything around her, and the pedestal.

With her energy centred Tara moved her focus to the pedestal. She focused on what she wanted it to become, what she needed it to become.

She called forth the words of the spell form her memory. Her mouth gently formed the words and she began to recite the spell.

The words of the ancestors were beautiful. The first language. Still spoken by her people. Ideally suited for spell casting. Power they brought forth was intoxicating. Tara felt it infuse with her own.

Conan watched mutely as the Pedestal began to glow lightly seconds after Tara closed her eyes.

He had never seen her cast a spell like this. He suspected it was complex. She never used aids when using magic as she was using today. The only magic she usually used required nothing but herself, and a few muttered words he could never understand.

He saw the wolf's head tilt out of the corner of his eye. A humming had started. Well he thought it was humming, when he listened more closely her heard words being uttered.

The sound was harmonic, so rhythmic. It sounded like singing to his ears.

Then Tara’s rhythmic chanting suddenly stopped.

Conan watched in amazement as the pedestal began to shimmer as soon as the flow of words ceased. Suddenly it was surrounded by a haze of golden light. It reminded him of an object engulfed in flames.

The golden light began to twist and distort the column; Conan felt his air stand upon end as the air became charged.

Static filled the air.

It surrounded him.

His eyes widened as the column began to thin and turn grey. Its shape seemed to spread and what ever material it was made of looked like rubber. It folded over and twisted. Then sprang back, forming what ever shape his friend desired it to be.

Conan looked sharply to his right as a low growling sound came forth from the mouth of Grey.

“What is it?” a frown appeared on Conan's face after he had uttered the words in a harsh whisper. There was no way the wolf could answer him, he didn’t know why he had even asked.

Tara was so focused on her task; she would be of no help to them. Conan continued to watch as the wolf hunched low. The man felt his fear began to rise. It was just him and the Wolf. Human’s he could deal with, humans he had unfortunately had to kill. He was a soldier he would deal with anything else.

Realisation washed over Conan along with a he dose of fear. He was weapon-less.

Willow watched from the table she was seated at as Buffy walked into the magic box.

Waving a hand at Buffy Willow watched as the slayer noticed her presence, smiled once and the headed towards her.

“Hey wills.”

“Hey buff, how was your day?”

“Ok, I slept for most of it. All work and no play makes Buffy a tried girl. How about you Wills?”

Trying not to blush as the image of the girl she had met today jumped into her mind. “Nothing much I just helped Giles. It was Anya’s day off.”

Willow did blush when the voice of Giles drifted throughout the Magic Box. “I am very grateful for your assistance Willow.”

“It was no problem Giles, I was happy to help.”

Rolling her eyes at Willow Buffy stretched her back as a yawn sprang forth from her mouth. “Hey wills its getting dark how about I walk you.”

“That would be great. My own personal body guard.”

“Yeah that’s me.” Laughing Buffy rose from the table and made her way to the back of the shop.

While she was gone Willow packed up her things and waited for Buffy to return.

Conan watched in horror as the demon raised its arm and spikes shot out of it. They whizzed through the air and he barely had time to dodge them. He dropped to the floor quickly and rolled to the left.

Grey had heard them before he had seen them. The wolf had pounced as soon as the things had shown up. There had been at least five of the things to start with. The wolf had taken care of two with amazing speed and efficiency that had shocked him. The third and fourth had teamed up on the black wolf and were proving to be a problem for the animal. The fifth demon had taken a liking to him. It had shoot spikes at him. He barely had time to dive behind a grave stone before they flew at him.

Looking back his friend was still focused upon her task. Conan had to move her. The demon was advancing and she was defenceless.

Praying to anyone who would listen, Conan scrambled to his feat and ran from behind the headstone. The spike demon looked up at him just as he impacted with its stomach knocking it over.

Just as soon as the demon had hit the floor, Conan felt himself propelled upwards and back. The demon had shoved him with such force it took his breath away.

As he hit the ground Conan felt the air leave his lungs, and tears sprung to his eyes. He watched in horror once more as number five stalked towards him. Its arm rose.

The demon grunted and the brown spikes flew through the air towards him. Conan closed his eyes as he waited for the spikes to impact with his body.

Instead of spikes Conan felt a warm weight hit his body and hair brushed gently across his face. His eyes flew open as the body impacted with his own.

“Tara!!” The scream had ripped form his throat. NO was the immediate thought that followed the word that had leapt from his mouth. Three spikes where imbedded in her chest.

“GO!” With a sharp nod of her head Tara motioned for the wolf to follow Conan while she clutched at the spikes...

“You’re hurt. I’m going to get you out of here. I can’t leave you.”

“We had this discussion before….why… …you…still…here? …GO.” Here breathing was becoming laboured and Conan was torn. “Look …after …Grey.”

“But…”

“GO!” Seeing and feeling the pleading and determination in his friend voice Conan nodded.

Tears sprung to Conan’s eyes as he called for Grey. The wolf looked at him and then its master something passed between them and understanding clear with in his eyes. Conan grabbed his stuff and ran as the remaining two demons made there way towards his friend.

He could feel the wolf close behind him as he ran blindly through the maze of headstones. Tears spilled form his eyes as he ran. Leaving behind the one and only person he had ever really cared about and who had cared about him.

Buffy felt them before she saw them. Two hideous looking things.

Buffy’s slayer instincts forced her to move forward. She also wished she had never brought Willow through the grave yard; she should have taken her straight back home. She was sworn to keeping her best friend safe no matter what the cost.

“What is it?”

“Porcupines.”

“What?” a small frown knitted Willow’s brow as the word porcupine sank into her mind

“That’s what they look like. Giant porcupines.” Buffy pointed her finger in the direction of the huge demons. She continued to gaze at her friend as she looked in amazement at the demons.

They were large and covered in large needles like a porcupine. The needles of spikes were slicked back over there large bodies. She presumed they where a form protection.

“Nice.”

“Yeah I know. Wait here Will.”

“But I can help.”

“I know, I need you to help by staying right here.”

Knowing Buffy was only trying to protect her Willow smiled and nodded in consent. “Go get em Buff.”

“Why you where never a cheerleader I’ll never know Willow.”

“Cordelia Chase.”

“How could I forget?” With a bright smile at her friend Buffy held aloft her sword and dashed forward.

The demons spun in her direction as soon as they heard her footsteps.

She had never seen anything like them, but nothing surprised her with the nocturnal inhabitants of Sunnydale.

Porcupine one raised its arm and pointed it at her. Buffy barely has time to raise the sword to deflect the brown spike like projectiles that where propelled form the demons arm and flew towards her at speed.

As she saw the second demon start to raise its arm, Buffy diverted her run and raised the sword. Twisting her wrist the blonde slayer brought the sword down in an arch slicing the outstretched arm of the demon off clean.

The demon howled and Buffy spun on her heal and raised her right leg. Her body turned and her leg gained momentum. Her foot impacted with the head of the second demon and it was knocked to the ground.

Buffy felt the air shift slightly and a hissing sound hung in the air. Buffy dropped into a crouch as three more brown spikes flew at her and over her head. She watched them continue to fly and impact with a tree behind her.

“You should really watch where you shoot those things. You could have taken my eye out.”

The demon growled loudly and Buffy ignored it

Standing up quickly the slayer drove the sword she held into the stomach of demon she had knocked over. She viciously twisted the blade.

“Buffy!”

“Willow, where are you going?”

Buffy barely had time to move out of the way of the projectiles once again as she watched Willow sprint from her position behind the tree and run over towards a shape on the ground about three meters away from her current position.

“Hey I'm getting sick of you shooting those things at me.”

Launching herself into the air Buffy extended her leg and felt the impact as she propelled the demon back a step or two. It was stronger than the other one and only stumbled back. A blow caught Buffy in the face and her head rolled with the force.

Recovering quickly Buffy clenched her left hand into a fist and threw a punch at the demon. She swung the sword with her right.

The demon dodged the sword and kicked out with its leg.

Buffy flipped backwards and landed smoothly and resumed her attack. She heard Willow call her name once again and knew she needed to end this quickly.

Renewing her effort Buffy attacked the demon with a new found energy. She placed all her strength into the blows she delivered. The demon staggered under the onslaught. As the demon staggered back Buffy raised the sword and spun. With the sword closed and tilted horizontal the slayer hacked into the neck of the demon slicking though the spikes, tissue, muscle and bone taking the head clean off.

She looked once at the body at her feet and headed of towards Willow.

“Willow?”

“Over here.”

“What…” what ever she was about to say died on her lips as she looked at the deathly pale girl Willow had slumped across her lap.

“You’re going to be fine Tara I promise.” Buffy watched puzzled as Willow ran a hand over the sweat covered forehead of the girl at her feet. Who the hell was this girl? “Buffy you have to help me Tara back to Giles.”

Nodding to Willow Buffy dropped her sword and moved forward. Bending down Buffy quickly lifted the girl into her arms. The exposed skin of her throat and part of her hair was covered in blood. Three spikes where imbedded in her chest. Buffy felt the warm sticky fluid run down her arm as she adjusted the body of the girl for a better grip. The slayer could hear a faint heart beat so she knew the girl was still alive but still it didn’t look good.

Willow grabbed the sword she had dropped and then ran towards the direction they had originally come from.

Post subject: Re: FF:The Hunted (Updated 26/12/07)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:46 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great update .. really enjoyed the fight scene! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:56 am 
19. Yummy Face

Great update-y goodness... Now Willow can heal Tara and there could be smootchies...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:23 pm 
3. Flaming O

WOOT WOOT! More please and soon. :smash

**And that's how we raise the dead in Ericaland."