The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Caged Angels
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:25 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Yay, an update! Goody, goody, goody! :applause
I don't know if Willow made her point with Giles but I don't think he will say anything to anyone, even if he doesn't think it's right. I like that Robin came down and stood up for Willow.

Donnie is just plain yucky! :-D Someone needs to send them an anonymous tip that Tara is in the opposite side of the country or maybe Siberia. Hee-hee.

-anna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:06 am 
8. Vixen

As with a lot of great stories on this board I am much too slow figuring out how great some of them truly are. I took a chance and read all of this fic in one sitting today and I must say that it is quite intriguing. I really like your writing style and this idea is certainly unique. I will wait patiently for another update.

:bow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:44 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Gosh, Evy, I don't know if I ever left you fb on this fic, I'm so naughty.

I think Giles is living in cloud cuckoo land, there's something very wrong with the way Tara was institutionalized. Her best chances currently lay with Willow and Robin. Both women are professionals with a lot to risk in their careers, and if they're willing to take those risks, Giles need to give them the benefit of doubt. Like Robin said,
Quote:
she runaway from a hospital not a prison

a mental hospital granted, but she shouldn't be treated like a fugitive prisoner. I mean, she is nothing like Harrison Ford (okay, that was way off base).

As for Tara, she's still in an awful place, with the effects of the drugs still in her body. I hope she can recover soon. There is something in her memory, to do with her family, I think it's ugly (considering Donnie's thoughts) but she needs to face them to get better.

Thanks for the update. :clap
[br]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:37 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
I really like the way you write Tara in this state - in some ways she's so much more aware than you'd expect, yet at the same time there's obviously still a lot that needs to heal inside her, both the direct effects of the drugs, and simply the cumulative behavioural effect of being drugged for so long. I imagine, even once her system is clean, it'll take her some time to 'get used' to processing thoughts normally.

Giles... well, I can see why he's arguing the point he is. He's right, in a way - Willow has taken extraordinary action that shouldn't be the kind of thing a doctor does... but Willow's right too, Tara wasn't getting cared for (institutionally abused, more like) and regulations or not, she felt it would be morally wrong to do nothing. Obviously we'd all side with Willow out of solidarity with the whole Willow/Tara thing, but I think she made the right choice as a doctor, too. Some things the letter of the law doesn't cover, even in a perfect system - and Tara was in a far-from-perfect system at any rate.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:01 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh I'm so bad. I haven't even glanced at this fic for months. But now that I've made my flashy return to the Kitten, I felt the need to revisit old obsessions, and wowie am I glad I did.

I'm still gonna stick with my idea that Donald killed Nadia or something, and Tara saw it and now he's trying to get her back so she can't tell anyone.

Or sommat like that.

Right.

Well.

Sorry I haven't read or feedbacked in so long...

Spank me if you must... ;-)

-Rei

*Kisses*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:50 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey, Miss Yvonne!

Well, I'm glad to see Tara feeling like she can approach Willow, but then their surprise guest...crap. What is Tara going to be thinking/doing now? I hope she doesn't feel like she's causing too much trouble for Willow and does something drastic, but oh, I'm anxious to see what happens next.

Oh yeah...Donny's still an ass. Can I request that some horrible accident comes to him and his nasty dad too?

Now, please get those juices flowing and don't leave us readers hanging much longer. Don't make me get out my whip.

More soon please!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:23 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I really miss this story. Will you be updating soon? I'd like to find out how it all ends. Great last chapters. I went through and reread everything over the weekend.- UhHuh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:35 pm 
3. Flaming O

wow i just finish reading this story and i love it.
please update soon.

It only take a minute to see that someone is special an hour to appreciate and a day to love that person. But it take forever to forget.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:21 pm 
5. Willowhand

So intriguing. Gosh, I hope Willow is able to figure out Tara before somethin' bad happens.

Just finished reading up...hope you update soon, Yvonne.

-Noe

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:21 pm 
9. Gay Now

Note: Thank you for the continuing feedback even though I haven’t written a single word in the past few months.

Chapter Eighteen

Willow leaned against the kitchen counter as she waited for the two coffee mugs near the stove to cool. She remembered her mother always telling her how a cup of tea could heal almost anything and at that moment, she wished her mother had been right; her educated brain knew otherwise. The doctor knew that her patient’s… could she continue to consider Tara a patient? Despite the circumstances, she was actively treating the young woman, so Tara was indeed still her patient. Willow had started to feel less like a doctor around the blonde and more like a friend, a confidant. The feeling was somewhat odd to the psychiatrist but it wasn’t an unpleasant idea to be considered Tara’s friend rather than her doctor.

Glancing around her kitchen, Willow examined the different patterns of the walls and counters and wondered what Tara saw. Were her thoughts the same when she glimpsed the numerous pictures aligning the wall above the staircase or the light blue of the guest bedroom? Did it give her a sense of normality to see colors? Ordinary people grow used to sight of colors and patterns, so much so that the shades no longer stand out but are just a small piece of life. Willow knew that Tara had spent so much of her life without color, without so many of the common sights that normal people take for granted. But wasn’t that suggesting that Tara wasn’t normal? In a sense, Willow thought, she wasn’t. Yet, she wasn’t abnormal either. She was simply a woman trying to reclaim her life, her color.

Willow’s attention was drawn toward the slight creak of the wood as Tara came down the stairs. Taking a final look at the kitchen wall, she left her reverie. Lifting the cups, she headed into the living room, hoping that the tea hadn’t gotten too cold.

Tara had taken her usual seat on the sofa across from Willow’s chair and looked up, smiling, when the doctor entered.

“’Morning,” Tara whispered. She pushed up the sleeves to her sweatshirt and took the coffee mug Willow was offering her.

“If it’s cold, I can make more,” Willow said. She waited for Tara to take a sip and shake her head before setting her own mug on the table beside her chair. “How are you feeling?” She asked.

Tara used both of her hands to cradle her cup atop her knee, “Good. Better.” Her dreams last night had been without nightmares and gave her an invigorated desire for moving forward.

“That’s great, and you look better too,” Willow fumbled with her words, “not that you looked bad before. I just mean… you look refreshed.” She clarified, awkwardly reaching for her notepad. She wished that she didn’t need her notepad and that she could carry on a typical conversation with Tara, but there was a lot that needed to be done before they reached that stage. It was better to focus on the hidden images within Tara’s mind rather than tiptoe around them with mundane conversations, especially if those conversations could possibly trigger bad memories. It was still unclear to Willow what was safe and what wasn’t.

Suddenly realizing that she was being watched, Willow hid her blush by taking a sip from her cup. After a small cough from drinking too fast, she straightened up her posture and put on an air of professionalism… as best she could.

~~~~

The phone rang several times on Giles’ end before an automated speaker clicked on. The doctor pressed ‘end’ on his cellular phone and tried the number again, cursing when the same programmed voice answered.

Deciding that it would be best to call again later and to focus on the road rather than his phone, he hung up again. With his mind still processing everything that had happened the previous day, Giles had been distracted ever since leaving Willow and Robin’s house. There was a small part of him, perhaps a fragment from his youth, that admired what the girls were attempting to do, but there was still the protective father part of him that saw nothing but disaster for all those involved.

He had been agonizing over the circumstances for what seemed like forever; his mind told him to be logical and to let the girls get themselves out of their situation without his assistance, but his heart wasn’t listening. No matter what he thought, his gut told him that he had to do something.

Giles’ car took a slight left down the single, paved road leading to Pines View Psychiatric Hospital. His plan was… he actually hadn’t gotten as far as a solid plan but he knew that he wouldn’t ask questions about Miss Maclay. He was simply a doctor visiting his fellow counterparts and if anyone was to ask, he was checking up on a colleague’s patient.

Arriving at the visitor parking section, the doctor noticed that the security had doubled since his last visit. While some of the officers smoked cigarettes and chatted with their co-workers, others patrolled the front of the building or walked halfway down the parking lots before turning back.

Giles turned his cellular phone to ‘silent’ and reached for his identification card as he stepped up onto the sidewalk leading to the Pines View entrance.

~~~~

Donald was growing more irritated and furious with each day that passed without word from Donnie. What could possibly be taking them so long? It wasn’t as if he gave him a big assignment, such as watching after his church and congregation, he was merely supposed to get Tara released into his care and bring her home.

After a few minutes of weighing something over in his mind, he yanked the telephone from its cradle and began punching in a local number.

“Sir?” Just as Donald was about to cancel all of his services for the next few days, there was a knock on his office door.

“What?” He called out with the telephone pressed against his jaw.

“The Andersons are here to speak with you.” The voice spoke through the door. It was clear from the preacher’s tone that he did not want to be disturbed, so the speaker chose to remain on the outer side of the office door.

As he grinned, Donald’s dry lips split, becoming scaly like a snake’s skin. He slammed the phone down, paying no attention to the person repeating ‘hello’ on the other end, and stood up.

Some new big shot and his, in Donald’s opinion, too outspoken wife had arrived in town yesterday and were already talking about a generous donation to his church.

Straightening his tie and smoothing back his hair, Donald fixed his face with a welcoming smile and left his office.

He could wait a little longer to deal with his children.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:45 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

OMG AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! Im thrilled to see that this story is still hoppin :) please please update soon!
Erin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:14 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

update! great! now tha you started again, you better not stop! i love this story!

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:43 am 
5. Willowhand

Yay, an update! Quite an interesting story. I hope that the the updates continue, and that Willow and Tara make some progress soon. I really want to know what's going on in Tara's head!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:15 am 
5. Willowhand

In the immortal words of Scooby-Doo "Ruh-oh." That Maclay guy sounds like bad news to me...the very worst kind.

I wait for the next update with antici...

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:43 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Awesome! You're back! I'm so glad you updated. I wonder what Giles is going to do. He needs to find Tara's doctor and give him a good talkin' to without the talking part. Hope to see more soon.

UhHuh

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:21 pm 
8. Vixen

Yaaaay! Good day today! Neverland update, Caged Angels update!
Keep em coming ;) I cant wait for Donald to find out Tara is gone mwhaha :x

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:27 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Sweet, an update! I so love this story and I'm glad you're continuing. :)
I like the comfortableness between Willow and Tara over tea even if it is for a short time before Willow has to become "the professional" again. It was as if they had a normal life together. :)
And at least Giles isn't talking about his discovery of Tara at Willow and Robin's place, not yet anyway. Great update!

-anna

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:26 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Y'know what Donald Maclay is doing, he's pissing me right off, that's what. That scene with him, even more than his previous atrocious appearances, really got under my skin - the man is just so, so... ick! Empty. Vicious, and vicious without purpose. Normally I'm neither here nor there religion-wise, but the idea of this guy as a priest, a holy man, is just really infuriating somehow - he's the exact opposite, there's nothing spiritual about him at all. I'd almost say there's just nothing in him at all, just a facade he puts on for his flock, to keep the adulation he craves coming in, and nothing underneath.

(Good work in creating a truly vile villain, then - don't mistake my dislike of the man for dislike of that part of the story.)

I liked the duality with Giles, too - and the great thing is, it's so easy to see both sides, and agree with them in a way. What Willow's doing to help Tara is admirable, and the kind of thing you'd cheer for - but it's not difficult at all to put oneself in Giles's place, and worry about the consequences for Willow if things turn sour.

It's encouraging that Tara's feeling better - with all of Willow's skills as a healer, probably the best thing she's done for Tara is let her feel like she wants to move forward, and can.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:59 pm 
9. Gay Now

EVY!!! an update...
Cool looks like the story is progressing fine... even thought u havent written in a while. I wanted to leave better feed back but i actually just read the other 2 updates before. sooo i'm try to formulate some things...
Keep up the great work... and Tara's Dad is a Dick!

-reds

Smutbunny Anthem: *sung to tune from Goldfinger* Smutbunnies...they'er the bunnies, the bunnies that love the smut...and Willow's butt. They surf for smut fiction...always lookin' for the next naked sweaty fix...of Tara's tits.- Written By Cameron

And yes my banana still dances for smut :banana

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:51 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Evy,
Rising up from the mists of time comes an update regarding those irrepressible "Caged Angels" and the demons which haunt them, especially Tara.
Like a series of vignettes, you are inexorably putting the players ever closer to some sort of confluence.
Willow and Tara edging closer to crossing the line between patient/doctor and friends/lovers.
Contrary to what you may have heard, a cup of tea solves many a domestic crisis.
Giles is in stealth mode as he goes back to the source of the problem to wheedle info about Tara from her former captors.
Donald Maclay Sr. is the most dangerous kind of religious zealot there is; one who manipulates and interprets the word of a deity for personal agendas of curelty and sadism.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:10 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

OMG

At first I thought my eyes were deceiving me. Could it be? The elusive Evy has made a reappearance? Ooh, yes she has! Woo Hoo!

Sooo, Tara seems a little more comfortable around Willow, which is wonderful. Maybe with a little more time, we can make some serious breakthroughs.

Oh, Tara's dad is still an ass.

I hope you're still writing cause I can't wait to see what's next!

Love ya!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:43 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

The plot thickens! Not only is Willow noticing some un-doctorly like thoughts that she's having, but Giles is probably intending to do some good but will end up spilling the beans, and Donald Maclay is on the hunt for the missing Tara (or soon will be). I can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:31 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Ooo Yvonne, I just read this whole story in one sitting! Im so glad someone reccomended it to me!

I am SO hooked!! I have a million questions that im sure will all be answered in time. Really though, this is such an interesting concept for a fic. You write just beautifully. I love it!

Heres hoping for an update soon :pray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:29 pm 
9. Gay Now

Hey people,

It's been awhile since I've been here. I've been getting a few emails about finishing this story and if time permits, I have decided that it will go on. If I can, I may just take a few days sometime soon and write a couple of chapters. The same goes for my other story. I don't know when it'll be finished, but I am working on it.

Thanks to those who continue to read.

Yvonne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:45 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

this is very good news! thank you :-D

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:58 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Evy,
Unchain that heart, uncage those angels and give us some more food for thought, while you're at it.
Please, pretty please, with golden syrup running down Tara's shapely thighs.

Post subject: Caged Angels Update
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:10 pm 
9. Gay Now

Chapter 19

Nadia tossed the last bag into the trunk of her car and shut it.

“Where are you going?” Donnie asked, trying his best to loom over the young woman. He ran a hand over his scruffy face and sneered, “Running off with someone?”

“What do you want?” She briefly faced her half-brother before turning her back on him.

Before he could utter another word, his father’s voice interrupted him. “Get back in the house, Donnie.” There was no room for argument as the young man grumbled under his breath and turned back toward the house.

“Coming to wish me a safe trip?” Nadia flashed a cynical smile at the man she had never learned to love.

“You’re breaking your mother’s heart, you know,” Donald said, folding his arms as he observed his daughter.

“And since when do you care about my mother’s heart?” She shot back with a terse snort, not missing the tightening of the older man’s jaw. “After all, I know I’m not breaking your heart, considering there’s nothing to break.”

Nadia knew she was upsetting Donald but it angered her knowing that the man standing before her; the man that had never once tried to be a part of her life was now telling her that she was the one hurting someone.

With a lot of effort, Donald managed to control his temper. As much as he wanted to punish Nadia for speaking back to him, he knew that words were often a better weapon.

“How could you have expected me to love you? Who knows, you’re probably not even mine,” he caught the slight twitch of Nadia’s eye and continued, “A sinner. You were born evil. I know it. Your mother knows it. There was never any helping you.”

When Nadia remained silent, Donald found his chance to dig a little deeper, “And that spawn inside you is pure evil too.” He knew his words had stung and allowed himself a tiny grin of satisfaction. What he wasn’t counting on was his daughter’s next words and the figure that had been standing behind him the entire time.

“Tara?”

~~

She was supposed to remember something. What was it? The brief thought which had been so fresh only seconds ago seemed to fade from her conscious mind. She glanced over to the woman standing beside her, hoping the presence would help her remember.

“Is wheat okay?”

A tiny smile and nod of the head replaced words.

“I was thinking,” Willow began, deciding to push aside what she had been trying to remember. If it was important, it would come back. Tara, who had briefly turned toward the window, looked back toward the redhead. “How about we take our lunch down to the park, it’s really nice out today.”

The doctor had noticed the brief expression of longing on Tara’s face as she gazed out of the window.

“Could we?” Tara asked, her smile showing just how much she wanted to.

Willow wanted to kick herself. Obviously, being locked up in the house all day wasn’t exactly what Tara needed, especially not after what she had already been through.

“Of course, I’ll just finish this and grab a blanket and then we can go.”

~~

The sun lessened the chill in the air and cast an evening glow on the trees. The two women had found a quiet spot on the grass beneath a large, slanted tree.

Willow stared at the wrapping covering her sandwich, not knowing what to say. It was strange, really. As much as she wanted to have a normal, non-professional talk with Tara, she didn’t know what to say or even how to begin. She couldn’t even find anything to talk about.

The awkward silence continued for another minute before Tara spoke. “Your friend… he- he’s upset that you’re helping me?” She looked down at her own sandwich as she asked the question.

“Giles? No, he’s,” Willow paused, exhaling, “it’s complicated.”

“Why?” Tara asked, remembering the older man’s reaction when he saw her.

“He’s just worried, that’s all.” Willow said, hoping her answer would be enough even though she knew it was not.

“Are you w-worried?”

Of course, she was worried. Willow knew the ramifications for taking Tara in and, at the time, it didn’t matter. She saw an opportunity to help someone and she took it. The only question was if the consequences would come sooner rather than later.

“I know that I did the right thing.” The doctor said, smiling.

“Thank you,” Tara said, pausing before going on, “being there... it-.” The words died before the blonde could finish. Being there was hell. But it had also been her choice. Or had it? The past was still blurry to her. Her memory, though clear ever so often, seemed to pick and choose what it wanted to reveal… even to her.

There were so many questions Willow wanted to ask. She saw the internal turmoil as Tara picked at her sandwich wrapping and inwardly pleaded for the young woman to finish. But she knew that Tara was working at her own pace and that eventually it would happen.

“We should eat before it gets cold.” Willow said, offering a smile that said “it’s okay, we’ll get there.” The sandwiches had not been hot to begin with, but neither woman argued.

Tara nibbled at her sandwich, lost in thought. Why was it so hard? Or was she making it harder than it had to be? She was more unwilling than she knew, to push at that wall separating what she wanted to know and the things she didn’t.

~~

“How big is this stupid city?” Ricky complained as he bent over the map of the metropolitan area. Not receiving an answer, he looked up at his cousin who was in the driver’s seat.

Donnie had stopped the car at a traffic light and was staring, fixedly, at something in the distance. He took a sharp right when the light turned green, ignoring the blaring horns behind him, and pulled into the parking lot of a library.

With a sneer, he parked the car. “Just shut up and follow my lead,” he said before hopping out of the truck. Donnie was halfway across the street before Ricky realized what had happened and exited the truck.

Slowing his pace, Donnie managed to catch his breath as he approached the figure whose back was to him. “Long time, no see, eh?” He said, and then waited as familiar eyes landed on his.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:14 pm 
9. Gay Now

Chapter Twenty

“Long time, no see, eh?”

Hearing a long forgotten voice, Paula Evans turned and locked eyes with Donnie Maclay. Her eyes squinted against the fading sun, “Donnie, is that you?” She fumbled with her shopping bags as her eyes came into focus.

“Mrs. Evans,” Donnie plastered a smile on his face, “here, let me help you with those.” Before Paula could protest, he had already taken both plastic bags.

Ricky finally caught up with the pair, catching his breath as he faintly recognized the woman standing beside his cousin. He remembered his mother’s hushed conversations over the phone and recalled hearing Mrs. Evans’ name several times when nobody knew he was listening. He had only met her once or twice but he could never forget the lost expression that the woman always seemed to have on her face.

“Hello.” Paula briefly nodded in Ricky’s direction before facing Donnie. “What are you doing here?” She hadn’t meant for the words to come out so unkindly, but seeing the young man came as a bit of a shock.

“Sightseeing,” the single worded answer was a lie and he knew Paula wasn’t buying it from the hue of her face and the way she fidgeted, her eyes darting every now and then to the bags he was holding. “How far are you going? We’ll give you a hand.”

“No, it’s okay. It’s not that far, I can take them,” Paula reached across, intending to take back her grocery bags. She was growing irritated and wanted to get away from the boy as fast as she could. Seeing him only reminded her of her past… and how much she had lost.

Donnie took a step back. “We insist.” He was in no hurry to let the woman go. After all, she may know something about Tara. It even occurred to him that she was probably in a hurry to get back to his sister.

Donnie’s smile unnerved Paula. The way his lips stretched into a grin that never reached his eyes reminded her so much of Donald Sr.; the smile of a salesman as you unexpectedly sign over your soul. What was Donnie really doing there? And, Paula suddenly wondered, did he know something about Nadia?

Paula glanced over to Ricky, who had kept silent the entire time, and tried to guess his involvement in the situation. What did he know?

“Well? Which way are we going?” Donnie asked, showing his impatience. He hated waiting. Paula had been staring off into space for what seemed like forever. He wanted to go. The sooner he got to Mrs. Evans’ house, the closer he would be to finding Tara. He just knew the old woman had to be hiding his sister somewhere. Why else would she be here?

“What about the truck?” Ricky finally spoke. “What if it gets towed?”

Donnie rolled his eyes at his cousin. For the hundredth time, he asked himself why he had decided to bring him along. “Don’t be an idiot, it’s a library. They won’t tow us.”

Paula had broken out of her reverie at the sound of Donnie’s voice. She decided that it couldn’t hurt to have the two young men help her. After a hot cup of coffee, she might even get the answers she needed.

“It’s this way.” She pointed down the street.

The trio started down the cracked sidewalk toward Paula’s house. Two people both thinking that they had the upper hand and one that was simply along for the ride.

~~

Doctor Christianson made another bold, red checkmark on a spreadsheet clipped to his patient’s folder. One down, three to go. Maybe he could actually leave on time when his shift ended tonight.

Giles spotted the young doctor making notes on his clipboard and quickened his pace before he could disappear behind another door.

“Excuse me,” Giles reached the doctor just as he was about to start down another hallway. “Perhaps you can help me,” the elder doctor began, “I’m looking for a Doctor Christianson.”

Charles Christianson’s forehead crinkled a little, “Do I know you?” He surveyed the man, eyes landing on Giles’ name tag. “Doctor Giles?”

“I presume you’re the man I’m looking for,” Giles also gave the other man the once over. He was young; almost as young as he had been when he started his residence. “And no, we haven’t met. Rupert Giles.” He extended his hand and was surprised to receive a firm grip.

When it was clear that Christianson wasn’t going to say anything, Giles continued. “I’m actually here on a brief visit. I’ve heard a great deal about the progress you’ve been making here at Pines View.”

Flattery was a great conversation opener and it worked just as Giles had intended it to. That he had heard of the doctor wasn’t a lie; however, he hadn’t heard of Charles because of his recognizable work. The young doctor blushed, “Well, it’s a pleasure to have you. What institution are you from?”

“I’m independent,” Giles answered, quickly. “Perhaps, if it’s not too much trouble, you could show me around. I’ve been thinking of writing an article featuring different psychiatric facilities.”

“Oh, yes, of course. I was just about to make my final rounds,” Doctor Christianson beamed, eager for the opportunity to make his name internationally known. He placed his pen into his coat pocket and straightened his posture just a fraction. “What are your interests? We have quite a few patients here at Pines View, ranging from mild to extreme psychological disorders.”

“You lead, I’ll follow,” Giles said, simply. Charles nodded and smiled as he led them down a side corridor. They stopped at a large, metal door where an orderly patiently waited for the cue to unlock it.

Everyone wants something. In most cases, it was only a matter of time… and how far you were willing to go to get the answers you wanted.

~~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:07 am 
5. Willowhand

*cue spine tingling music*

This is a very nice update. I can't wait for the next one! Tara seems on the verge of remembering sometimes, but I can't help but wonder if that will just make things even more dangerous for the girls. Oh the uncertainty!

More please!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:36 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

In a slowly they turned step by step, inch by inch sort of way, the various members of this psychological drama are beginning to cross paths with each other and plots, counterplots, and other ulterior motives shall be revealed.
Lurking in the background like an event that is best left unbidden, Tara is struggling to contain the floodtide which presumably drove her into catatonia to begin with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next