The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Rose [updated: 3/1]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:20 am 
Title: The Rose

Rating: NC-17 eventually.

Pairing: VW/T

Setting: Altverse

Author Notes: I'm going on the idea that to be turned a vampire has to drain a person, then give some blood back. If a person is just drained, they'll die and stay dead. Also my idea of magick is a bit different than the Buffyverse. It'll be explained as we go. And lastly there is much controversy on the actually age of Tara and Willow because of date of births in the show. To keep it simple, in my little world here Willow had just turned 18 when she was turned. Tara is only about 20, but thinks she'll turn into a demon when she turns 21. As always I'm looking for a beta if some has the patience to put up with me.

TEASER:

"Come on, come on, pick up! Please pick up." The girl stared down at her cell phone as her battery finally gave out and died. She placed it back in her purse and pulled her bright pink sweater tighter around her body. A cold fall wind blew her shoulder length cinnamon hair out behind her. It just wasn't her day! First her car broke down taking a short cut though an unsafe part of town, and now her cell phone quit before her friend picked up, Damn it! "God! I'm so dead."

"Yes you are." A low, slurred, voice growled. The girl's brown eyes widen in fear as she opened her mouth to scream, but she never got the chance as a large smelly hand covered her mouth and the sickly cold sensation of a steel blade pressed into her throat.

"No noise or I'll slit you open. Got me girlie!" The smell of stale beer assaulted the girl's nose as she hurriedly nodded.

She felt herself being dragged into an alley and couldn't hold in the sob of fear. The man shoved her against the cold brick wall and grinned, showing crooked yellowed teeth. The knife gently caressed her check, over her trembling lips, and down her throat to her blouse. A scream caught in her throat when the blade ripped the top open.

"You and me girlie, were gonna have some fun, ain't we?" The large drunk man chuckled cruelly.

Above them on the roof, watched a predator. The yellow demonic eyes of the vampire narrowed in thought. She watched the drunken man fumble with his fly, and the young girl, probably sixteen or seventeen at most, cringe and tremble in fright. Judging by her bright frumpy clothes, the vampire guess the girl to still be intact. 'Hmm, virgin blood.' The vampire hummed to itself. It could smell the girl's fear from the rooftop and it made the predator nearly growl in hunger. The vampire leaped from the roof, landing without a sound farther down in the alleyway. Shifting it's face to human, the predator straighten it's long leather trench coat and turned to face it's pray.

The man was now trying to unbutton the girls jeans, his hard manhood and excitement making the task difficult. The girl had now taken to silently crying, tears streaking down both checks.

"Now, now. What do we have here?" The predator purred in a sensual voice, known to seduce men far greater than the drunken slob standing the the alley. The slob in question turned, his manhood in his hand, angered at being interrupted seconds away from his goal. His anger fled as his interruption stepped into the light.

The predator knew her red hair had always been one of her visual assets, in life and now in death. To bad it took dieing for her to realize it. Now she felt the man's eyes moved from her pale face set against her red hair and painted lips down her pale throat, wrapped in a studded collar, to her small offerings, pushed up by a red leather buster. Her chest pushed against the material with every unneeded breath she took. The buster ended high enough to give a tease of a firm flat stomach, her narrow hips in cased in fitted leather pants with a studded belt slung low. Heeled boots adding to her 5'6" of height and her long black trench gave her a creature-of-the-night appearance, which considering that she was a creature-of-the-night, that was just fine with her.

The man's eyes grew even more laden in hazy lust. "Just a bit of fun. There's enough for you too if you wait a minute." The man leered.

The predator smiled a sweet smile, sensual on her face and asked in a little girl's voice. "But what if I don't want to wait?" She walked right up next to the man, the smell of stale beer, unwashed body, filthily clothes and vomit nearly gagging the vampire's sensitive nose. 'Time to hurry this along before I hurl.' She thought mentally wrinkling her nose. Thankful that she didn't have to keep up the allusion of breath she quit breathing all together and leaned in to the man's face. "What if I wanna play now?" She morphed to her demon face, feeling her fangs extend. She grabbed the man by the neck, lifting him off the ground.

Behind him the girl screamed. The vampire turned yellow eyes to her and raised a hand. "Sleep." She past her hand over the girl's face and watch her crumple to the ground unconscious. Looking again at the now terrified man she smiled. "What's the matter? Don't wanna play with someone who can play back?" Glancing down the smile changed to a smirk at seeing his manhood hanging limp. "Hmmm wouldn't have been much fun anyways." She brought the man to her and sunk her fangs deep into his franticly pounding pulse point.

*** 1 year earlier ***

Sunnydale was known for many strange and morbid things. One of which was having twelve different cemeteries to go with it's high death and disappearance rates. It was in one of these cemeteries that Buffy Summers, the Vampire Slayer sat waiting to do a task she had hope she would never, ever have to do.

The petite blond sat on a tombstone above a fresh grave. It had been a sad and teary funeral for the Scoobie Gang earlier, then, after the services, emotions had been high as the gang argued over who should be present tonight for the rising. Xander augured he had known...her...the longest and so deserved the right to back Buffy up, Oz of course had his own reasons for wanting to be there, and even Giles had wanted to be present, but Buffy was right. If the slayer couldn't stake her, then did the other expect to be able to? So in the end they had agreed, Buffy would go alone and wait for her.

The cold stone below the slayer seemed to suck the warmth from her body. 'This wasn't suppose to happen, nothing was suppose to happen to them. I was suppose to keep them safe, keep HER safe.' The slayer thought bitterly. Yet here she was, Mr. Pointy in hand, as she sat on the tombstone of her best friend, the grave of Willow Rosenberg.

"Willow, I'm so, so sorry. I should have been there. I should have been there to stop it, to save you." Buffy didn't even try to stop the tears. It all seemed so stupid now. Willow had been walking to the UC Sunnydale library to check out some books for Giles. She had asked if Buffy wanted to join her and the blond had turned her down wanting to instead check a cemetery for a boy who died of 'trauma to the neck'. A nameless vampire had got her as she turned the conner, arms filled with books. She didn't even have time to try her blossoming witchy powers. Just BAM!, and her best friend was gone. And now, now she would have to do one of the hardest things, she'd have to put a stake through a demon with Willow's face.

The freshly laid ground beneath the headstone began to churn. It was time. Buffy got to her feet, wiping the last of her tears and waited. The dirt ruptured out as first one hand than the other broke through. Soon a head of red hair followed. Out now to the waist, Buffy looked into the demonic face of her one time best friend and raised her stake. She wasn't prepared to be flung back by a magickal force. Willow pulled the rest of her way out and stalked to the fallen slayer.

"Well, well, well. Hello Buffy!" The vamp sneered.

The blond did a sweep, knocking the vamp's feet out from her. "Hello Willow." Buffy made to stake the redhead, but she rolled out of the way.

The slayer charged and was flung into a tombstone by a magickal blast. "Isn't it cool Buff! the Magick, I can feel it coursing though me." With a flick of her hand the stake flew from Buffy's to her own. She picked her former best friend up by the throat. "And now, it's time to die." Willow raised the stake to plunge it into the Slayer, when suddenly she stopped. Deep within the redhead a flash of something flared, blinding the demon, causing it to snarl and snap as it was forced back into the shadow of Willow's mind. The petite girl's face shifted from demon to human and she stumbled back.

"Oh my God. Buffy!" frighten green eyes searched the Slayer's. "I didn't, I mean I would never...oh God, I'm.., oh God." The flare of light was begin to dim, but didn't fade completely. She needed to get out of here fast or the demon would regain control. The redhead trembled violently. Buffy slowly stood, confused. Cautiously she approached Willow and looked her deep in the eye.

What she saw made her gasp. "Willow?"

Willow stumbled back before turning and running, tossing the stake away as she went. She jumped the fence before Buffy could pull herself from her stupor, and was gone. Shaken, Buffy retrieved her stake and began walking, not really taking notice of her surrounding until she was outside of Giles's house. She couldn't believe it, one moment she was staring into the yellow eyes of the demon who was about to kill her and the next she was looking into her best friend's eyes. For some reason beyond the slayer, Willow was still in there, some part of Willow had survive. The questions now were, how much of Willow was left, and more importantly, why?

*** Present ***

The vampire sucked until the wretched man was nearly dry, the high alcohol level in his blood giving the vampire an instant buzz. The vampire let him fall to the ground. Without her blood in return he would soon die, and stay dead. The vampire turned to the sleeping girl. Gently she buttoned the girl's pants and sweater, her torn shirt beyond repair. With ease she lifted the girl and carried her to the car, laying her in the back seat. With a wave of her hand her trademark appeared, a single blood red rose with thorns. She set it on the girl's chest before locking the doors. Rose walked back to the now dead man. She stared down at him before giving him a kick and moving on down the alley. She took one graceful leap to the fire escape, then another to the roof. The redhead removed her cell phone and hit speed dial #1.

"Buffy here." The tiny, friendly voice came over the phone.

"Hmmmm. The big bad man tried to hurt a little girl...too bad a little girl hurt him."

"Rose? Rose what happened?" The voice lost it's warmth.

"Shss! She's sleeping in the car, you better come quick, her friends didn't pick up." The vampire slurred, the drugged blood making her head dizzy.

"Rose are you drunk?" The Slayer's voice was cool but not cold.

"Not me! The baaaad man! Not my fault he can't hold his liquored!" This struck the redhead as funny so she laughed.

"Rose where are you and who did you kill!" Buffy snapped.

Momentarily serious the vampire replyed. "27th and Vine. Her car broke down, he tried to rape her and I was hungry. I'm not anymore so you better get here before someone else does."

"Alright I'm coming."

The vampire hung up and replaced her cell phone. She jumped up on the narrow ledge and began walking on it like a tight rope walker. In a singsong voice she sang. "Ring around the Rosies. Pocket full of Poises. Ashes, Ashes. They all. Fall. Down!" She leaped from the building, catching on a railing, before flipping and landing on the sidewalk. Looking back at the broken down car, the girl once known as Willow Rosenberg frowned. Then the vampire known as, The Rose, smiled and turned, walking off into the night.

TBC...?

what you guys think? should I keep going?

Edited by: WolfNightwind at: 3/1/05 10:11 am

Post subject: Re: The Rose (working title)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:27 am 
:sheep oh wow, this is a REALLY interesting idea!

I like how you've played with the differences between Willow and The Rose. I also really like your style of writing. Sometimes people get lost in language when they write where as your sentence structure is clean but still has a lot of depth and detail in it.

Did i mention how much i like this idea? haha, damN! why didn't I think of it... *sulks*

Well yea, this has definately got alot of potential, i love it.

*Jumps up and Down* moooore! :bounce

- lilmiss :D

Internet girls are cool ... they got strong fingers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:48 am 
me loves!!! Please update. This is great!

~Jamie

It hurts because you love me. -CE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:18 am 
This is great so far. I'm very interested. So....yes you shoutd continue! Duh!!:sigh

Great job.

brittney

~Kiss this axe, bitch!---Tara "Bargaining part 2"~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:42 am 
Hey. I really like the premise of this story. Great job so far. Please do continue!

:peace

-pipsberg

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

Michael Cunningham, The Hours

Post subject: The Rose
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:55 pm 
Wow. This is really good so far. I really like Vamp Willow stories and this looks very promising. Update soon and often please.

"Death cannot stop true love. It can only delay it."

The Princess Bride

Post subject: Re: The Rose
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:29 pm 
this looks to be very promising I am eagerly awaiting more.

Arron

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:51 pm 
oh please continue.this is awe-sooooooooome! love rose.willow? will are you still there?of course she is.

Post subject: Re: reply
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:21 pm 
this is a totally cool concept so far! i love vamp willow...she was so cool on the show and i think youve written that really well...and im curious about part of willow still being there? im interested to see how thats gonna work out!

definately keep going on this one!

~mel:kdevil

Willow: It's horrible! That's me as a vampire? I'm so evil and... skanky. And I think I'm kinda gay.

Buffy: Willow, just remember, a vampire's personality has nothing to do with the person it was

Sure it doesn't

Post subject: Re: reply
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:42 pm 
This is cool! So is The Rose insane? She sure sounds like it.

It's insulting to the whole gender[sic] of rap.

~Eminem

Post subject: The Rose (Feedback and chatper 1)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:44 am 
Feedback

little miss 666:I'm glad somebody likes my writing style. i call it my lack there of. Sorry to think of this idea first but i'm make it up too you

CEsgirl13: Thanks! i'm working on this whole updating thing, college starting in a week make it hard though. :buried

amazonaa: K i'm continuing! :p

pipsberg: I'm glad you like it! i didn't know if i could pull the idea off. :letter

DarkChild: I like Vamp Willow stories too, that's why i worte one. *giggles* My favorite would have to be the 'Master Willow' Series. :boot

Arron CFF: Glade you like it!

willohand: Yup she's still there!

alysagoddess85: All i can say is wait and read!:read

Tempest Duer: Nope! just highly drunk!:D

Ok side note: I dO NOT know a lick of Latin. all i got is a Webster's Dctionary so be kind! As always i'm in need of a beta!

Ok here we go!

CHAPTER 1: THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT

Tara MaClay sighed in frustration and allowed herself the satisfaction of slamming the old book close. The resulting cloud of dust that puffed into her face just added to the blond's dismay. Nothing. She'd been searching for the last two years and came up with absolutely nothing! Her twenty first birthday was this fall already and she had no idea how to stop what was to come.

' I can't be a d-demon, I just can't be. I don't feel evil, i-isn't evil at lest suppose to know it's evil? ' The blond grumbled in her thoughts. Since knowing UC Sunnydale would give her a full scholarship, the shy witch had be overjoyed at a chance to finally escape her father and brother. As soon as she was moved in she began an in dept search to to find a way to remove her demon side before it could gain control, but now only the summer stood between her and just that happening.

"Tara?"

The blond jumped in her seat. "Oh, M-m-mr. Giles. Hi."

"Dear child, I didn't mean to frighten you. Have you found anything useful?"

The Englishmen had found himself charmed by the shy blond who had timidly entered the Magic Box and in her soft stuttering voice had explained she was a witch looking for supplies. It soon became habit to find the young woman in the store after classes, sometimes helping with inventory, others times quietly reading in a corner. Giles had offered her a job more than once but she would always politely, if shyly, refuse. However last fall the Englishmen found Tara near tears and, after a bit of tea, finally coxed a confession from her. She explained she was looking for a spell to exorcise a demon from a human, but refused to say from who, only that she had until next fall and had found nothing to help. Giles had grown quit fond of the girl who insisted on calling him 'Mr. Giles' and found himself compelled to help the girl. Tara was given access to his private collection under the condition that no book left the shop and somebody had to be present while she looked through tomb after tomb. Grateful for any help at all Tara had easily agreed.

"N-no, not yet." She sighed in frustration again.

"Well purchase a break would do you good, tea?"

Tara closed her eyes, her shoulders slumping slightly, and nodded. "Yes, please."

Giles stood and began walking towards the counter when the shop door opened, jingling it's small bell. Buffy and Xander walked through the door.

"I'm telling ya she was drunk."

"Come on Buff, Rose?" Xander looked up at Giles. "Can they even get drunk?"

The older man sighed and asked. "Did you find the girl alright?"

Buffy hoped up to sit on the counter as Giles made his way behind to prepare tea on a small hot plate. "Yup, sleeping all snuggled up in the back sit. Took a bit to wake her up. Rose musta done some mojo on her."

"What did you tell her?"

The slayer shrugged. "That we happened to be walking by. She jumped to the conclusion that some night in armor saved her. We let her call some friends on my phone then sat with her until they showed up. "

"Yeah, she was all blushy over the rose, The Rose, left her." Xander smirked.

"Yes, yes, very well." Giles leaned in and lowered his voice. "And the attacker?"

Again Buffy shrugged. "Drained. Dumped him near the docks. He's fish food."

"And good ridden too!" Xander said decisively. The other two looked at him and he shrugged. "He was going to rape that girl, I'm glad Rose was there."

Buffy looked at him disbelievingly. "Xander she killed somebody, a human! "

"She got rid of a rapist."

"It was still a human. She's just another demon. She's evil. They all are!" Buffy's voice started to raise.

"What if that girl had been Dawn!" Xander shot back.

"Leave Dawn out of this!" The blond stomped to the training room and slammed the door, holding back just enough to not break it.

Tara shot up at the door slamming. "Um...I-i-i, um, I sh-sh..g... I need to go." The blond was out the door before Xander or Giles could call her back.

Xander placed his hands on the counter and bowed his head. "Well that went well."

Giles removed his glasses and began cleaning them. "Indeed."

Outside Tara rapidly walked, not paying much attention to where she went. The raised voices, the yelling, and the bang of the door had been too much, too close to home so to speak. She needed to get out of there, get away, hide. The sound of of her father's voice rang in her head but with Buffy's words, ' She's just another demon. She evil. You're evil. ' The memory of pain, of hiding in her closet hoping her brother wouldn't find her invaded Tara's mind, blinding her to where she was going.

Finally the blond managed to calm the panicked reaction enough to stop walking. The shadows seemed to mock her, laughing at her. Fretfully she looked around to find herself lost. Growing up her whole life in the country had left the girl overwhelmed by cities, even one the size of Sunnydale. Even after two years Tara still found herself getting turned around and at this moment she didn't recognize anything around her.

' O-ok MaClay, calm down, j-just turn around and retrace your steps back to the Magic Box. No p-problem.' Nodding at her plan she turned and came face to face with a pale redhead. Tara let out a scream. Emerald green eyes widen in surprise as the blond tried to turn and run at the same time, tripping over her long skirt and falling with a thud.

"Whoops!" Rose said quietly. "Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" And she really didn't. The vampire had meandered around downtown waiting for her head to clear. When she saw the most beautiful girl seemingly standing and staring terrified at nothing she had walked up behind her. She had only wanted to asked if the blond needed help, she hadn't meant to frighten her.

"It's, um, o-ok. I, um...just d-didn't hear you approach."

' Of course you didn't. If the prey hears the predator then the games up! No Wait, no hunting, We're not hunting her! ' The spark flared. The demon snarled, but having fed earlier, let the spark take led, for now.

"Still. I'm sorry I scared you. I didn't mean too, which is of course, I didn't mean too, cuz that would just be mean, I mean, who really MEANS to scare someone, only mean people who are mean and I don't want to be mean, and ah, Hi, I'm Willow!" The vampire held out her hand to the still sitting blond.

It took Tara a second or two to catch up with everything the redhead had said but when she did she shyly took the offered hand. It was cool to the touch but the temperature had dropped recently so the blond didn't think anything of it.

"T-thanks, I'm, um, Tara. Nice to meet you." She hid behind her hair and gave the slim girl a shy smile.

Willow was sure if her heart was still beating it would have stopped in the face of that smile. ' My Goddess, she is an angle when she smiles. Hmmm and she reeks of virginity . Oh Do Go Away! ' Willow swore her inner demon mentally stuck it's tongue out at her.

"Sooooo. What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this." ' I CAN'T believe I just SAID THAT. ' And it showed on her face. If Willow could have, her pale skin would have matched her red hair. The demon was now laughing at her.

Tara, however, giggled. "Um, a-actually I'm, uh, kinda lost."

"Ooooow. Bad part of town to be lost in. Don't you know things go bump in the night around here." The redhead smirked.

"Like you?" Tara asked backed.

Willow shrugged. "Depends on your definition of 'bump'." She quirked an eyebrow and watched a blush crawl up Tara's neck until even the tips of her ears were red. ' Ahh now I embarrassed her, dang it! He he, but it was fun! ' The redhead relented that it was but she should really get the blond out of here. "Look, It's not safe. Where are you trying to get to? Maybe I can point you in the right direction?"

Tara hide behind a curtain of blond hair and mumbled about trying to get back to the campus.

"Hmm the UCS campus? That's pretty far away from here. Why don't I walk a ways, ya know, strength in numbers and all that?" Willow tried to look as innocent as possible while standing in neck to toe leather. Tara gave the slight form before her a long hard look. Willow quickly remembered to appear to be breathing.She didn't know why but the redhead felt like she wanted, no needed, Tara to let her walk her home, to approve of her.

Finally Tara shrugged slightly and nodded shyly. "Ok."

Willow smiled brightly and the two girl began walking down the street. The night air was turning bitter and Tara, in a simple peasant blouse crossed her arms as she began to shiver. "Are you cold?" Willow asked then smacked her forehead. "Well duh Willow! She's shivering, of course she's cold. Silly question. Here." The redhead removed her long leather trench and wrapped it around Tara. This left the vampire in just a skimpy red buster.

Tara absently noticed the coat held no warmth from being against the redhead's body, but the thought quickly fled at the sight of Willow's bare shoulders and arms and encased... ' Oh My! ' The blond blinked trying but failing to not stare at the other girl's breast which were pushed up to show pale freckled skin and tantalizing cleavage. Tara could feel her ears burning red again. "Ummmmm. T-t-thanks. B-b..um, but aren't you c-cold, uh too?" The blond finally drug her eyes from Willow's chest to her smirking face.

The redhead stretched her arms above her head, silently laughing at the Tara's audible gulp and replyed. "Naw, I'm use to the cold."

Tara threw her a disbelieve look but managed to return her eyes forward, snuggling in the the leather coat that was fast warming up to her body. But her thought were in a whirlwind. ' Why do I f-feel drawn to this girl. She's looks no more than 16, t-though without the l-leathers she's probably c-closer to 14. W-Why do I feel like I need to k-keep her near? Like I'm safe w-with her? '

Likewise the redhead was having a fight with her demon. ' Can we eat her yet? No! How bout now? No! When we get to the campus? For the love of... NO! We are NOT eating her! DEAL WITH IT! Then why are we here? To keep her safe. Why? Because...because I feel like I need to protect her. Why? Because I feel stronger near her, complete...yeah I feel complete. Why? Becau... Oh I don't know! ... Why? Grrrr! Of all the demons to be reborn with why did I have to get stuck with the most annoying, childish, single minded demon on the Hellmouth! Hey! Demon here! I resemble that remark. Oh your worst then Xander ... Can we eat her yet? AHHHHHH! '

"Um. are you ok?" Tara asked. "You l-looked like you w-were miles away."

' Oh now look what you did! You started it by not letting us eat her. Whatever! Just... behave and I'll let to scare little children later tonight, ok? Hmmmm, alright. ' The demon went quiet.

Willow stumbled to answer. "Ahhh, just, uh, a lot of , um, heavy thinking tonight. So, uh, what were you doing out this late?"

Tara thought about whether or not to tell the truth. She was a horrible liar so Willow could probably pick up on it if she tired.

"I was at the, um, M-Magic Box. There was an argument between two friends a-and, uh, the s-store owner. I had to l-leave quickly and kinda, um, d-didn't watch w-where I was going."

Willow looked both surprised and please at the answer. "The Magic Box? So you're a witch? I mean, not a witch like, grrr, Halloween green faced witchy with a pointed hat riding on a broom stick witch, or ya know a witch like as a really mean person but...ahhh, I'll shut up now." Willow stopped when she heard the blond giggling.

"Um, n-no, no pointed hats, and I'm not, uh, green unless I'm on a b-boat...uh, and I don't think I'm mean."

"Oh you're not! Your nice! Really really nice!" Willow's eyes widen as she watched Tara once again blushed. The two girls walk in silence as they left the darker side of down town and near the campus. Willow began to fidget, she didn't want to leave Tara, but once they were at the campus there would be no reason for her to continue to protect her.

Finally Tara stopped outside of her dorm building. "Um, t-this is my stop, I, uh, g-guess. T-thank you for, um keeping the b-baddies away." She smiled lopsidedly, tucking hair behind her ear.

Willow smiled brightly in return. "No problem. I'm here to service you, I mean serve you! Uh, protect you! Yeah, protect you! Like batgirl! or, or Catwoman! Yeah! Defender of the innocent upholder of justice." Tara bit her lip trying to keep from laughing outright at the fluster redhead. Willow sighed. "Ok yeah, I hung around my friend Xander and his comic books too much."

"X-xander? Xander Harris? Your friends with him?" Tara looked surprised.

"Um, Yeah, or, or at lest I used to be. Why?" For a brief moment Tara saw soul wrenching pain cross the other girl's face before it was gone again.

"Um, w-well it's just that he and B-buffy never mentioned you. D-do you know M-mr. Giles and Anya?"

Suddenly Willow got a deer-in-the-headlight look. The Magic Box. Argument between friends and the store owner. Buffy, Xander, and Giles. "Oh Shit! Oh shit! Ohshitohshitohshit! I gotta go! Bye!" Willow turn and fled into the darkness.

Tara stood blinking before realizing she still wore the other girl's coat. "Wait! Your j-jacket!" Tara took off after the slim girl but she was nowheres to be seen. Tara stopped and looked into the shadows trying to find the red head. The blond jumped when she heard movement to her left. "W-w-willow?"

A tall broad figure stepped into the light of a near by lamppost. "Not quite." Demonic yellow eyes twinkled as the vampire bared it's fangs. Tara spun around as five more vampires circled her from behind and on the sides. She was surrounded, so Tara did the only thing she could think of. She screamed.

Willow stopped running on the edge of the campus. 'How could I be so stupid! She was a witch at the Magic Box! Of course she would know Giles and the others! She probable could have dusted me at anytime. Buffy had to have told her about Rose! about me! See? I told you we should have ate her. Now she'll tell the slayer! ' Willow shook her head. ' NO! Tara's sweet and innocent! Maybe she doesn't know about the Scooby world. Maybe, maybe she's just a witch, maybe we could still be friends. Ha! We're a vampire! A monster! We eat her kind to survive. You think she wants to be friends with something that might eat her? Your old friends abandoned you because of what we are! Why would she do anything different! Because..because...' The redhead slumped against the tree behind her. ' Your right. Beside I'll probably never see her again anyways. '

The thought of that made vampire's non-beating heart ache like it had been torn out. She was just about to start walking away when her sensitive hearing picked up a faint scream, Tara's scream. Rose was running before Willow even realized her feet were moving.

Tara knew of the dangerous night life of Sunnydale. Though she wasn't close friends with Buffy and the others she had learned long ago if she sat silently and still, others forgot she was there and didn't censer their talk. She knew all about Buffy being the Slayer, and Giles being her Watcher. But as of yet Tara had never had to face a real vampire, until now.

The blond scream in fright, but even as she did she was raising her hand, multiple fire spells racing through her mind. One of the vampires that had tried to approach her from behind grabbed onto her arm. Tara removed a stake that was hidden in her clothes and staked him. The vampires stared at the pile of dust that was once one of their own.

"Big mistake little girl." The lead vampire, who looked to once have been a football player, growl menacingly at her. Tara swallowed hard as she kept twisting around with her hand out stretched, never letting any one vampire get close to her. "You can't keep this up forever witch, and we don't tire out, do we boys!" The lead demon chuckled. The other vampires laughed as they continued circling.

Suddenly and screeching howl, like a banshee, cut through the air as a red and black blur slammed into one of the larger vamps. Rose sat up and snapped the vampire's neck with a snarl. The redhead stood up and glared at the three remaining demons as the body below her poofed, dust rising up to cling to the girl's legs.

The leader glared right back. "This is our kill Rose, back off!" The redhead heard Tara gasp and the spark let the demon have full control as fury built inside of her.

"Leave." She spat out. Rose went from shaking from the rage within her to calmly standing, arms hanging gently at her sides.

"No. Why do you care? Finally want to try innocent blood?" The demon threw the redheaded vampire a look of disguise. "Hah! Go back to your wretched Rose, this one ours."

Rose's demon snarled at the insult and growled out "Leave now, or die."

"No. The bitch killed one of mine. I'm going to turn her. She'll make a great toy as a lowly fledge." The vampire smirk.

Rose smirked right back, only her's look much more deadly. "Die it is." Her hand shot out and the leader found himself picked off his feet by an invisible hand around his throat. He kicked and struggled but could break free, thankfully air wasn't an issue. With a flick of her wrist Rose tossed the leader fifteen feet away.

She then turned, grabbing the punch one of the demon's threw at her. Rose ducked under his arm and pulled his hand up behind his back. She didn't stop until her heard a satisfying crunch and the vampire screamed in pain. The redhead conjured a stake the appeared floating before the demon. The stake shot threw him piercing his heart before dissolving, the vampire following suite shortly after.

One of the remaining demons nailed a solid punch to the cheek knock the redhead to the ground. The other proceeded to kick her in the rib as hard as he could. The redhead vampire was flung up into a tree branch, breaking it off as both crashed to the ground. The vampire

"Hey!" Tara shouted from behind them. A rock hitting one of the vampires in the back of the head accompanied the shout. The both turned to look at the blond, another rock in hand.

"Rocks don't hurt us girl!" One vampire snarled.

His buddy smacked him in the arm as he rubbed his head. "The hell they don't!" The vamps glared at each other and growled.

"Umm. H-hello?" Tara tentatively interrupted.

"What?!?" Both barked at her.

"Catch." Tara tossed the rock at them. They both catch it on reflex.

Tara softly spoke. " Rocca sol. " The rock rapidly began heating up while at the same time starting to glow. The goons tossed it between themselves like a hot potato before finally the vampire Tara had hit in the head threw it at his buddy and dived for the safety of the bushes. No sooner was he clear then the rock bursted into a blinding miniature sun, turning the demon to dust.

As the light faded Tara didn't get a chance to think about her accomplishment in a new spell for she was grabbed in a bear hug from behind. The lead vampire had made his way back and now held the blond in a crushing hold.

"You die now witch!" he began to lower his fangs towards her neck when an enrage bellow drew his attention. The remaining vampire had stumbled from the bushes as was staggering towards them, but behind him Rose rose to her feet, the Tree branch in hand. With a bellow of rage she thrusted the jagged broken end of the branch into the vampire's back. He turned to dust as she stumbled forward towards Tara and the lead vampire.

"Let. Her. Go." Each word was bitten off with pain.

The demon hissed and turned back to the blond's neck. Tara, however, went completely dead weight, surprising the vampire enough to loosen his vice-like hold. She then rammed her elbow into the vamp's groin with all her strength. Letting out a high pitch squeak of pain the vampire released his hold altogether and Tara duck and rolled away from him. The was enough for Rose.

Hissing in pain she heaved the branch at the demon a shouted. " Infernus Stella!" The branch pierced the vampire's stomach and he stagger. However from deep inside an inferno started, slowly burning away the demon from the inside out. It gained in power and brightness as he scream and howled, rolling on the ground. Rose pulled herself up from the ground and ducked behind the tree as his cries of torment reached a climax, the vampire bursting with light and fire from the inside.

As dust showered down on her, Tara rose to her feet looking for the redhead. Running to the tree she found the vampire gone. Intensely she searched the ground finally sighing in relief when she found no pile of dust.

' Why am I happy about t-this? She's a vampire. She evil. R-right? But she walked me to the campus, and, and she came to my r-rescues. Why? Why d-did she save me? ' The blond frowned. She had in her bouts of eves dropping had heard all about the enigma that was 'The Rose'. She knew Rose use to be one of Buffy's and Xander's friends. ' "Ok yeah, I hung around my friend Xander and his comic books too much." It makes sense now. Willow is Rose. R-rose is a vampire, so Willow is a vampire and n-not to be trusted. But I feel like I can trust her c-completely. Like she'll never hurt me. She's evil. Like I am evil? Or w-will be? Maybe, maybe there's hope, for me, f-for us both... ' The blond looked into the shadows and whispered. "Thank you Willow." She slowly made her way back to her dorm hall. 'I wonder if I'll see her again? ' She belated realized the redhead had ran off a second time without her jacket. Tara smiled and snuggled into the leather that smelled faintly of rosemary and sandalwood and smile.

TBC...?

Hate, love it? Want me to continue?

Bug:pride

Post subject: Re: The Rose (Feedback and chatper 1)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:40 am 
Defenitely love it!

I always get hooked on stories, where the personalities are kind of twisted.

And I enjoy raging at oh-so-righteous Buffy! :lol

So, continue, please!

Can`t we not suck anymore?! Ellen DeGeneres

Post subject: Re: The Rose (Feedback and chatper 1)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:42 am 
Deff continue, THIS IS AWESOME! Keep going, I love Vamp Willow and her superhero alter ego Rose.

You've caught the innocence of Tara and showed how high and mighty Buffy is about 'touchy' subjects like her moany sis Dawn :clap

I can't wait to hear what happens next...*sits patiently for next chapter*

Jess

"We've never been so many, and we've never been...so alone"-Ana Johnnson

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:18 am 
:bow oh shit oh shit oh shit OHHHHHHHH SHIT! THIS ROCKS!. oh man talk about a psychology major fic come true... damn the inner fight between willow and rose is awesome.:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow .

you write the two personalities so well.should you conitinue? well duh of course you better.

listen i wrote a fic called 'all in my head' and its posted at nearheralways.com you have to check out my version of dark willow.the moment i read your first chapter i was like...:sheep andYESSSSSS a writer after my own thinking. i love willow.always have.willow fan to my very core.and this fic is...:shock awesome.please update quickly. at nearheralways my pen name is willohand. let me know what you think of 'all in my head' if you get the chance to read it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:16 pm 
This is a great piece of work you have here.:clap The long updates are wonderful! :applause Please update soon because I can't wait to see :willow and :tara get together in this one. It should be very interesting.:glasses

-LR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:08 pm 
Great update! I love it.

:peace

-pipsberg

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

Michael Cunningham, The Hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:38 pm 
HOLY SHIT!! HOLY SHIT!! HOLY SHIT!! THAT WAS AWESOME!! i love your writing of the two personalities...the conversations in willow/roses head are hysterical!! keep up the great work!! i await your next update

'The Cat in the Hat' is fine, just not during sex.--Alyson Hannigan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:38 pm 
This is really an awesome story, and I loved the update. Another would be nice...please?

~Jamie

It hurts because you love me. -CE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:46 pm 
I am loving this please continue

She walks in beauty, Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that's best of dark and bright; Meet in her aspect, and her eyes. ~ by Byron ~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:04 pm 
:shock :wave :bounce

hiyas! I like this fic alot!! Gtreat coupla updates! I was kinda confused at first, wasnt sure who Rose was, but now I get it! How funny, Rose is my name! So its like...werid...anyway, keep goin on this fic!! Like it alot!

:pride

-rose

I didnt know what being happy was till i found you, i didnt know what love meant till i loved you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:40 pm 
Please come back :pray the Rose is dying :flower it needs an update bad!! :aww

-LR

Post subject: wilting rose
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:54 pm 
Fear not the Rose had not bloomed it's last yet! err ok so the deal is I FINALLY HAVE A BETA!!!!! YAY!!!! many many thanks to Anne who has taken up the mosterious job of correcting my grammer. The Rose is currently be revamped... not changed just corrected. Also i sadly was soo caught up in stating school that my brain is fried. Anne is write a paragraph here or there to jump start my brain. don't worry it might take up a bit but this story need tellin'!

~Bug

Quote:
They kill mice. - Tara

You've been sporked by the Midnight Sporker! - Me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:17 pm 
HOLY POOTIE!!! cool..

Quote:
I'm here to service you

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

-reds:willow

my banana dances for smut:banana

Tara in a wet shirt, Tara in a wet shirt. Tara in. A. Wet. Shirt. “Of course.”-Willow From Remember to Breath By Yellow Crayon

Now that just sucks- me

Edited by: WickedReds at: 9/21/04 9:18 pm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:55 am 
woohoo! and here is little ole me thinking youd gone and given up on this story that i love and have been waiting for an update on...but noooo...you were just frying your brain...lol...well im ready for an update and soooo excited!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:13 pm 
I dropped by to nag you, so get on with the show:boot

-LR

Post subject: Re: nag nag whine
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:59 pm 
um.... I second that nag and raise you a whine

:( :( :( uuuuuupppppdddaaaaaatttteeee!!!! :( :( :(

*sniffles* pwease pwease pwease :pray

- Bellie :D

The shape of you

Is etched inside

My bruised and somewhat sculptured mind

Post subject: Ok OK!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:18 am 
OK beg and you shall recieve. like i said i have a beta now (THANKS ANNE) but since getting into the rythme of school took so long i'll give you guys a little bit here. this is about the first 3 and a half pages of chapter 2. I'm trying for 10 pages per chapter so your just gonna hafta wait for the next 6 and a half. I'll repost everything when i'm done and it's been betaed (sp ?)

CHAPTER 3:

Willow crashed through the door just as the first rays of sunlight were beginning to peek over the horizon. For a moment she just laid on the cold concrete ground, heaving. Idly she wondered at why she still felt the need to do such an action. It wasn’t as if her dead lungs needed the oxygen. She didn’t seem to even need the flow of air to vibrate her vocal cords. ‘Never really needed to breathe to talk anyways, the way I babbled.’ she thought glumly.

The sharp analytical mind of her former self was from the moment of rebirth fascinated by all the impossibilities that came with being a vampire. Like how things such as dead muscles and tendons could move and heal without life, not to mention have super strength and not break and tear under the stress. Or how when she ate normal food and consumed alcohol it would neither be digested nor expelled, just simply be not there anymore. The redhead hadn’t had a use for a bathroom since her death. ‘Unless you count the two-timing, cheating sleazy old men we seduced to their death in the bathrooms in the bars.' She thought glumly. 'Oh you’re not still sore about them are you?' Her demon mentally rolled its eyes. [i]‘And why are we lying on the floor yet? Hey! Nursing a broken heart here! Oh please! Don’t tell me you’re still weeping over that blond witch! Demon! Say it with me D-E-M-O-N. Witches, especially witches who are friends with the slayer, are hazardous to our health!’ [/i] This time Willow rolled her eyes. ‘Hello? Dead here, we have no health! We’re a walking corpse for Goddess’ sake!’

Still very frustrated, Willow stood and took in her surroundings. It had taken her a few months to find a place she could stand to live, but when she saw the abandoned warehouse she knew it would be perfect. Not because she liked it, until she met Tara, she didn’t think she could like anything anymore, but because she would have room to spread out. Ever since Willow had died, she needed as much space as possible.

The warehouse was two stories high, and she had blackened the windows immediately. At one end there was a platform that had once been an office area. Willow set that up as her bedroom, and though there was no one around to need privacy from, she still had fashioned ‘walls’ using some drapes she had stolen. Rose needed no privacy from anyone, but Willow still had shyness left over from when she was alive.

The ground floor area was very sparse. Directly below her bedroom was her computer system, which was a state-of-the-art machine with all the bells and whistles. It had been difficult to get Internet service there, but Willow had managed to splice some wires together to make it work. Alive or dead, she still enjoyed a good hack every now and again.

A small break area that had been set up in the corner for the warehouse workers, but it came complete with a small counter, a sink and a small refrigerator. Since Willow didn’t need much in the way of a kitchen, it suited her well. A few bags of blood stolen from the local hospital kept very well in the fridge, and she had put a microwave on the counter to heat the blood up when she needed it.

The rest of the space was Spartan to say the least. A small sofa, a plush chair and a coffee table were grouped together with an entertainment center – not that she used it very much. To the side of that stood a bookcase with as many books she could manage to steal. Other than that, the concrete floor was bare. It was a perfect area for Willow to practice her magick, and that had been the real reason she had moved in. The redhead slumped down on her sofa and stared at the rafters above.

'Tara. Pretty name, it suits her. I wonder what her last name is. Oh stop this! We’re not going to see her again. MOVE ON! I CAN’T! There’s something about her, I don’t know what… I just sense that I’m meant to be near her. Noooo. We we’re meant to EAT HER. Just think how strong we’d be magickally if we had the blood of a white witch and a fairly strong one to do the spells she did. NO! NEVER! WE ARE NOT GOING TO EAT HER!!! I’d rather fall on a stake than… Ok ok! Yeeesh!'

Willow got up and paced. Her thoughts and emotions jumping every which way. But deep within the spark that could only be what remained of her soul knew, just KNEW, that she had to, no, needed to, see the blond again.

'I need to see her again. I don’t understand w-why but I do.' Tara thought to herself as she searched the book in front of her without ever really seeing it. 'Maybe she could help me. W-with a spell. She’s powerful, v-very powerful. Surely she w-would know how to remove the d-demon.' Tara sighed and flipped a page.

“At lest look like you find it enjoyable, then customers will be more willing to spend their money.” An overly cheerful and loud voice said behind her, making the blond witch jump in her seat.

“Anya! You scared me!”

The ex-demon didn’t even bother to shrug as she sat down and eyed the leather jacket draped over the chair next to Tara. “Who’s is that? I would say it was yours but I never took you to be into that...” She stop to think on something. “Then again the quiet ones are always the wildcats so it’s not so surprising really.”

Tara felt a deep red blush moving down her chest and up to the tips of her ears. “I’m not!… I m-m-mean, it’s no-n-not, m-mine!”

Anya tilted her head to the side and asked the next logical question. “Then who’s is it?”

“Uuuummm. I-It umm uh b-b-belongs to a f-friend.” Tara hoped Anya would except the answer.

The bottle blond blinked then narrowed her eyes and Tara shifted in her seat. “Do they have a pulse?”

Tara jumped as if slapped. “W-w-wh-why do you a-ask that?”

Anya shrugged. “Vampires have a thing for leather.”

Tara attempted to look confused hoping for once she could lie. “V-v-vampires?”

The ex-demon just waved a dismissing hand. “Oh don’t try the innocent routine, I know you listen in on our conversations. The others might fall for your shy and quiet act but I don’t forget you’re here, in my store, not giving me your money.”

Tara just stared at the other blond.

Anya sighed. “I know you know about vampires, I know you know Buffy’s the slayer and Giles her watcher, I know you know I was a vengeance demon…. Ah the good old days.” Anya’s eyes took on a far away look as vision of blood, guts, and gore filled her head.

“Umm o-ok. I didn’t really know that l-last part until n-now.” Tara spoke softly.

Anya shook herself. “ Oh, oosp! Well you do now. Now answer my question. Are they a vampire?”

Tara bit her lip and looked down. “Y-yes, at lest I’m pretty sure.”

“How sure?”

“99.9% s-sure”

Anya placed a warm hand over one of Tara’s that were still holding tightly to the book. Her face took on a rarely seen softer side. “Tara you know that’s very dangerous. I actually don’t want to see you hurt, you’re one of the few people who don’t always correct me when I get this silly humanity stuff wrong.” she spoke softly.

Tara smiled gratefully and covered Anya’s hand with her free one. “I know, t-thank you so much for caring, I’ll b-be very c-careful. Ok?”

A smile formed on the ex-demon’s face, turning into a full out ear to ear grin as the bell above the door jingled to life. “A customer!” Anya jumped to her feet walking towards the unsuspecting victims while saying. “Come spend your money! We have jarred supplies on the counters and stands except for the Phoenix’s Sweat because that combusts in sunlight. All candles and incenses are along the far wall. Books down stairs except those on that table are for sell and we just got in a fresh order of Wool of Bat!”

Tara had to laugh to herself as she listened to Anya’s ‘sells pitch’. The blond returned to trying to focus on the book in front of her, searching the yellow and weathered pages in a vain hope of finding something, anything, that might tell her how to rid herself of her demon. Again, almost against her will, her thoughts turned to Willow.

'She is a witch. Maybe that’s why s-she’s different from other vampires. M-maybe she found a way to h-hold the d-demon at bay. She didn’t act like anything I’ve heard about vampires. She was shy and kind and when she babbled it was so cute, and the way the street lamps set her red hair on fire. Well not literally on fire because, vampire, fire bad, and ok the babble’s contagious.' Tara had to suppress a giggle and grined at her thoughts. 'Oh but what a sexy girl to catch it from.' The grin turned to a smirk.

“You’re thinking about possible future orgasms.” Anya stated, suddenly next to Tara again.

The blond yelped, then mumbled something about a ‘collar’ and ‘bell’. Tara took a deep breath then looked at the ex-demon. “Anya, tell me what you think about Wil… T-The Rose?”

Anya looked truly surprised. She quickly took her seat again. “You’ve heard what Buffy and Xander...”

Tara shook her head. “No, Not what they s-said. W-what do you t-think, You‘ve um, never said.”

Again Anya looked surprised. “No one ever asked my opinion.”

“W-well I’m asking now, aren’t I?” Tara arched an eyebrow.

Anya smiled brightly. “Yes you are.” She thought about the question. “Rose has never acted like a vampire, if anything she seems more like Angel. You know about Angel right?”

Tara nodded. “Yes, h-he was cursed by Gypsies and h-has a soul n-now.”

“Right. Only Willow was never cursed. She’s acted like she’s caught between being a vampire and a vampire with a soul since she’s risen. She’s never taken an innocent life but she has killed before, though she’s never turned anyone.” Anya either missed Tara’s look of dismay or ignored it. “ I’d have to say there’s something going on in that mind of hers. Whether she has a soul, part of a soul or just didn’t get the blood lust I dunno, but I still think Buffy’s blowing things out of proportion.”

“Why is B-buffy so hateful towards Willow?” Tara couldn’t help but notice how right Willow’s name felt on her lips.

“Buffy has always had a snag when it came to Willow, Xander or Giles. She wanted them to help but then wanted to protect them. She thinks it’s her duty to, even though they walked into this with both eyes opened. So when Willow was turn Buffy was all ‘I failed her’ then was ‘she’s a vampire, I must slay her.’” Anya shook her head. “ When she came back the night Willow rose she said she escaped and could do serious magic now. She gave some speech about a vampire witch being too dangerous to leave and that she would stop at nothing to end her friend’s torment.”

Tara swallowed hard. “ But you think some of Willow might still be there?”

Again Anya shrugged. “It’s not common, far from it really, but not impossible, yeah, I think some of Willow is still in there. How much though and why I’m not sure.” the ex-demon’s eyes narrowed. “Why are you asking me about Rose?” Her eyes drifted to the jacket and widened. “It's her isn’t it!” She watched Tara blush again. “It is!” Anya stood up about to say more when a thought struck her. “Willow was always nerdy and shy in life. Now as a vampire…” She studied the blushing witch before smiling brightly. “You both are going to have many mind blowing orgasms together!”

TBC...

Quote:
"They kill mice." - Tara

"You've been sporked by the Midnight Sporker!" - Me
:(

Post subject: Re: Ok OK!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:14 am 
yay for chapter 2 teasers!! although the whole thing will be much appreciated when its posted...i still love the internal willow battle...its quite funny....and anya i just love...shes all about the orgasms...smart girl....this line made me laugh though:

Quote:
“Willow was always nerdy and shy in life. Now as a vampire…” She studied the blushing witch before smiling brightly. “You both are going to have many mind blowing orgasms together!”

hehe...cracks me up....anyways...cant wait for the full update! glad ur back!

Post subject: Re: Ok OK!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:46 am 
Oh my god!! i love Ayna

Quote:
“You both are going to have many mind blowing orgasms together!”

:lmao :lmao

Update soon... i want to see some orgasms too!!!

-reds:willow

my banana dances for smut :banana

Tara in a wet shirt, Tara in a wet shirt. Tara in. A. Wet. Shirt. “Of course.”-Willow From Remember to Breath By Yellow Crayon

Post subject: Yes Yes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:53 am 
Oh yes, I'm with the others...bring on the mind blowing orgasms. Gotta love that Anya!

I'm also loving the ongoing war in Willow's mind, but I'm really curious now as to how and why she ended up like she did. So Anya knows a little about these things, maybe they can begin to unravel her mystery.

Can't wait for more!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~ Tara