The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:47 pm 
ooh yes, such a nice long lovely update. Thanks very much! Now, I am so curious about what was going on with Tara. And I am glad Xander called it off now, looks like he's doing a bit of growing himself!

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

Post subject: Re: update
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:27 pm 
Weeellll.... that indeed was a LONG update, two long updates for me even ":)" Not that there is anything wrong with long updates of course, heh.

The picnic setting sounded familiar indeed, esp. the clothing. Sounds like Tara and Willow are sort of on their second honeymoon... even though they never married of course. I like Tara's flirting, shows she has gained some self-confidence even though she's still very suprised when boys are checking her out ":lol" .

The sweetness level is awfully high in both updates, which is fun for a while. Good thing there are now some problems/questions for both of them to solve and overcome. Esp. the way Tara tensed up when seeing Oz, would seem to indicate a traume of that incident two years ago.... which is a bit odd, Tara's seen far worse after Oz left (Glory wasn't much fun to be around). Ah well, nothing our girls can't overcome now it's in the open so to speak.

Xander calling of the wedding well before time is actually a smart move. Obviously Anya would be upset, but she would be no matter when he told her. At least this way they can face their problems without both famillies looking on :-) Willow shouldn't try to talk Xander into going along with the wedding, but try to find out why he wants to cancel/postpone it.

Oh yes, Tara sure did her homework regarding Willow trees didn't she ? Leave it to Willow to find a not-so-good example in the Black Willow, booooo. It's good that Willow now knows not to use whatever magic whenever she feels like, but it seems some confidence went out the window with that realisation. Sad to see.

I liked how Willow got (typically) sidetracked with Buffy's birthday and how old she would be with her dieing twice and such... sooo Willow ":lol" . Thoughts like these are also fun: "Okay stop right there you naughty witch". Got to wonder why Willow is so shy when Tara flirts with her, no reason to be that shy when they're alone...right??

Guess we'll have to wait see...

Merry christmas, happy newyear.. ":wave"

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Post subject: Replies then an Update to follow
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:21 pm 
Hi Everyone - Happy New Year!!

Phew! - It's good to be back. I'll be putting up an update right after I reply to the feedback kindly left on my last update.

I'm sorry it's been a long while - but I've had a crazily busy start to the new year....

I'm not totally satisfied with the update I'll be putting up today - so I'll be especially grateful for feedback on it.

But first - on with the replies:

kresent - Thank you!! I really appreciate your kind words of encouragement - you made my day! I'm always so glad when someone new comments on my fic - I hope you continue to enjoy.

smartmouth - Thanks! You are so kind! With few words you were able to convey that you're really enjoying my fic and that really warms my heart - I also loved that 'picnic' chapter 'cos I was able to put in as much Willow/Tara goodness as I jolly well wanted!! Next update on the way soonest - hope you continue to enjoy.

kindagay - Hi Jeanne, what can I say but to tell you that you really rock! Once again every single line you wrote made me burst with joy! You're so apt in your observations and really kind and generous with your praise - I appreciate you immensely and it means a lot that my fic is one of your favorites - YAY!!!.

The way you described the W/T quotes that you liked most really touched me. Your reactions were exactly the kind of reactions I hoped to evoke from my readers.

I'm particulaerly thrilled that you said I balance the sweetness with the angst quite well - thank you! Willow and Tara are really sweet and I'm trying to portray that without overdoing it - I hope I can pull it off properly - and from your viewpoint I do - and that really means a lot, thanks again.

I love how you love 'my' take-charge and flirty Tara - I'm happy my character portrayal seems accurate enough for you to even expect the "Yes ma'am" comment from Willow! AND oh yeah! I'm really sure I'll go all blushy like Willow if I got to be called 'cutie' in that special way by flirty Tara!! Willow is such a lucky girl....Heehee

As for Buffy's teasing - I dunno, it just seems like a Buffy thing to do - i.e. a healthy non-manic depressive Buffy!

BUT I promise the teasing will stay light and fun rather than mean - and like I've said before, Tara can handle it anyway....

Hope you continue to read and enjoy - as the story unfolds your questions and speculations shall be answered....

Thanks a million once again for your regular and detailed feedback.

xita - Hi xita, Thanks right back at you - I'm soooo happy you obviously enjoyed the long update - and I truly appreciate your regular feedback. Your questions shall be answered as the story unfolds. Hope you continue to read and enjoy - Thanks again.

Grimlock72 - Hi Grimmy: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you - your regular feedback always makes me do a happy dance!! Please know I truly appreciate the time you take to give me nice long feedback. You're very kind.

Glad you like Tara's flirting and you're right - it shows she's come a long way in gaining confidence - though it's so cute that even with that growth she's still modest and shows surprise that she gets checked out!

Yeah - I will try to balance the sweetness level with some angst so as not to get things too boringly sweet all the time.....(though I am always a sucker for romance and lots of W/T goodness!!)

I can say that some angst may be turning up soon though - but basically this fic is a happy one......

Your questions and/or speculations shall be largely answered in the next update and as the story continues to unfold.

Yep, Tara sure knows about willow trees heehee. Actually that bit stemmed(wow that's a 'tree' pun - I noticed only after typed the word!) from a fairy tale I read as a kid in which the ability of weeping willow trees to grow by their branches and not only their roots was discussed - it fascinated me then - so I decided(for my fic) to see what more I could dig up and hey presto! - my web surfing research yielded enough willow tree traits to match our dear witch Willow - I was so happy with my search results I can tell you!

I'm glad you enjoy Willow's babbling thoughts - I had a feeling you'd enjoy the one with her being sidetracked on Buffy's age being affected by the whole dying twice thing.... so thanks for the gratifying comments on Willowbabble!

Lastly - about Willow being shy when Tara flirts with her even when they're alone - what can I say but that - it's Tara afterall! - she just has a way about her ya know? *grin*

Thanks again Grimmy - hope you continue to read and enjoy.

Dear Kittens - Update follows shortly.

love WFB

Post subject: UPDATE!! (Chapter 11)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:51 pm 
Disclaimers etc. are same as before.

This part is rated R

Chapter 11

Willow was starting to think that Xander wasn’t home even though his car was parked outside. He hadn’t answered her first round of knocks on his apartment door.

She knocked once again and soon heard a sound from the other side of the door just before it was opened.

“Ah – this time it’s the red haired witch on a mission. Come on in Will” a dishevelled looking Xander held open the door after speaking in a tone devoid of any goofiness.

“Thanks Xand – I thought you weren’t home ‘cause it took you so long to answer….. and er, what do you mean by - ‘this time’?”

Willow ended her little babble on a question while thinking to herself that Xander’s trademark goofy friendliness had all but disappeared the last few days.

“Oh you know – first your girlfriend yesterday and now you gracing my doorstep…” he replied in a rather sardonic tone.

“Huh? Tara was here yesterday? What’d she come here for?” asked the redhead in surprise.

“Why don’t you ask her that yourself Willow? – Right now I’m more in the mood for drinking” Xander stated then turned round to go flop down on his couch.

It was then that Willow took in the fact that her childhood friend was on a drinking binge and was halfway through a six-pack of beer. Mentally making a note to ask Tara for the reason she paid a visit to Xander – she watched as he reached for his current bottle of beer and the TV remote control.

She also watched as he used the remote to change channels aimlessly while he swigged his beer – effectively ignoring her.

Willow quickly decided that she had had enough – so she marched across to the TV and switched it off with a decisive click. She then turned to face him with a fierce glare - her arms crossed and foot tapping in vexation.

“Xander – you’re acting like a jerk! Don’t get me started on your current rudeness and lack of manners – I mean what the hell is wrong with you?!”

“You’ve been acting all mean to me for no apparent reason I can think of - and now I take time to come and talk to you after you call off your wedding and break your girlfriend’s heart - and what do I get? – more meanness and rudeness that’s what!”

“I’ve had enough of this Xander Harris – Anya is distraught, she thinks she’s done something wrong and begged me to come find out what – so you better start talking right now!” Willow paused for much needed breath and to calm herself, then she continued in a slightly softer and controlled voice when she saw that Xander was looking a little more responsive.

“What’s going on with you Xand? You’re not acting like yourself…. you’re supposed to be my friend and instead you’ve been acting like you hate me or something…. So, come on talk to me…. You do love Anya right? – she said you told her that much, so why did you call off your wedding?”

“Look Willow – I do love Anya, I really do. As for the rest – I’m sorry, I doubt you’ll understand, I was trying to do the right thing and it’s not my fault that Anya ran off to you guys instead of staying so she and I could talk things out…..” Xander paused and stared at his hands for a while before he sighed and then said

“Like I said, I doubt you’ll understand - everything seems to come so easy for you Willow….. you’re mega smart and from what I can see and what you let slip from time to time you’re in your perfect dream relationship with Tara plus you’ve become this super duper witch person.… everything is going great for you…. And as for me - I’m…. well I’m same old me - screwing up and making all the wrong decisions and….” Suddenly Willow vehemently interrupts.

“Enough Xander! Spare me the pity party and grow up. You have no right to make such assumptions about me. You know better than this! Things don’t come easy for me or almost anyone as a matter of fact! Sometimes I feel things come least of all easy for me, but I struggle on. Heck! I’ve screwed up big time on several occasions and quite recently too – and since you’ve literally known me all my life, you jolly well know about some of those times – so stop all this nonsense and get real”

“You owe me an apology Xander – we’re not in some kind of competition as you seem to think.”

“So you’ve got problems – well reality check? - we all do!”

“Since when did you decide to make comparing yourself with me some kind of yardstick?”

“Now I see why you’ve been acting mean – we’re not playground rivals Xander, we’re adults! And more important we’re supposed to be friends!”

“So if you want things to be okay between us – you better come up with a darn good apology for all the hurtful things you’ve said and done to me this last couple of days – and then we can move on to what you want me to tell Anya.”

Willow paused and then with a pointed look and a raised eyebrow she ended her speech in a voice that brooked no argument by saying

“That apology would be good right about now.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the Summers home – Buffy, Tara and Dawn had tried to cheer Anya up and keep her mind off her troubles. When it was twilight outside, they had made some popcorn and sat munching together as they watched TV.

Later on in the night, Buffy left the other three girls watching TV and went off for a quick patrol.

It was a rather uneventful night - her sweep of the cemetery yielded only one extremely unchallenging vampire. She dusted him in record time of mere seconds.

When things got too boring Buffy decided to head on home – though she made sure to keep alert on her return journey through the familiar Sunnydale streets. As she walked she found herself remembering her talk with Willow about thinking positive.

She smiled as she thought fondly of her best friend and also simultaneously sent out a positive thought into the universe requesting for there to be no more attempted apocalypses.

Soon Buffy reached home – and as she approached the porch she sensed an unmistakably familiar presence that made her speak out clearly.

“Spike you might as well show yourself – I know you’re here”

“Hello Buffy” responded the bleach-blond haired vampire as he stepped out from behind a tree and out of the shadows.

“Hi Spike – I know that being a vampire makes lurking come naturally to you, but don’tcha think it’s kinda creepy?”

“Well pet – it’s the only way I can get to catch you alone” he replied with a smirk

“So now you’ve succeeded – what do you want Spike?”

“Well, er I was wondering if you fancied going with me to another poker game tonight…..” he was interrupted by Buffy before he could get any further.

“Look Spike, that’s not gonna happen again – for one thing you guys creep me out with the whole playing for kittens thing and if I were to go I’ll just end the game by setting the poor things free as I did before…. But the thing is I won’t be going with you seeing as I’m not drunk like the last time…”

“You were really nice listening to my troubles and trying to help when I was brought back, I appreciate that - but I’m okay now and I’ve opened up to my family and they’re being so great with helping me and.…” It was Spike’s turn to interrupt.

“Come on slayer - don’t go all soft and domesticated on me now – you and me are the same – we enjoy the thrill of walking on the dark side, we are….”

“Enough Spike! There is no ‘we’ and you and I are NOT the same. You’ve been very good helping us fight evil and we really appreciate it. I particularly appreciate your help with patrolling and keeping my family safe when I was gone – I hope you’ll continue to work with us, but nothing more than that. Goodnight Spike”

“But….” the vampire tried to respond but was interrupted again by the slayer as she turned to enter her home.

“No buts Spike, that’s the way things are – goodnight” Buffy let herself into her house leaving a grim-faced vampire in her wake.

On entering her home – Buffy let out a relieved sigh and leaned on the closed door for a few seconds while noticing that all was quiet downstairs except in the…. kitchen.

Buffy walked into the kitchen and found Tara alone making what she guessed was hot chocolate in a saucepan at the stove. The blonde witch looked ready for bed for she was wearing a dressing gown tied neatly at the waist over her pyjamas plus she also wore fluffy bedroom slippers on her feet.

“Hey Tara – is Willow back home?” Buffy spoke quietly so as not to startle her friend as she walked into the kitchen.

“Buffy hi - yeah Willow’s home. How was patrol?”

“Just one boring vamp – staked it sharpish, quiet patrol otherwise” the slayer said with a little grin.

“That’s good to hear – you’re just in time for some hot chocolate and marshmallows”

Buffy’s grin for her friend widened some more and she made a show of sitting down at the counter like an eager child - then she spoke once more.

“So, what news did Wills bring on Xander? – and where oh where is your sweetheart anyway – shouldn’t you be all smoochie as usual by now?”

Tara decided not to rise to the bait with the return of Buffy’s earlier teasing mood, she hoped the slayer would eventually decide to keep her promise to stop with the endless teasing. She did shoot Buffy a pointed look before she spoke though.

“Um, Will is just taking a shower and getting ready for bed. As for Xander – well, it seems he feels he may have jumped the gun when he proposed to Anya. From what Will said - he definitely loves Anya but decided that he can’t be ready to get married if the whole idea terrifies him as much as it apparently does….” Tara trailed off because she needed to concentrate on pouring out the now ready and steaming hot beverage into five mugs.

“Wow, when I had a little chat with Xander at their engagement party – I knew he was wigged out with the realisation of all the responsibilities that go with marriage, what with how Anya was going on about it – but I just thought it was a minor case of nerves…. poor Anya. - Say is Anya still here? - I notice you’ve got five mugs….” Buffy ended on a questioning note.

“Yeah, she didn’t feel up to facing Xander tonight after Willow gave her the news. She said she’ll go back home tomorrow and even got Dawn to call Xander to tell him that – so at least that’s a bit of a good sign that Anya isn’t going to stay terribly upset or go off the deep end – um, at least I hope not. I want things to work out for them” concluded Tara.

“Yeah me too - I really hope they can work things out. So sleeping arrangements - Dawn can room with me tonight and let Anya have her room for the night”

“Thanks Buffy – Dawn already suggested that but she was gonna check it was okay with you first…. Here’s your chocolate – it’s cooled enough to drink now” Tara said

Buffy smiled her thanks as she took the mug and sipped at the drink appreciatively.

“Mmm – you make really good chocolate Tara, thanks! – Now all I need is a shower to take care of the dust stuff from patrolling”

“You’re welcome – I’m off to take this to the others and I’m sure Will should be through by now, so the bathroom’s all yours. So - I’ll see you in the morning?”

“Yeah ‘night Tara”

“’Night Buffy” the blonde witch said as she left the kitchen carrying a tray holding four mugs of chocolate with a look of practised ease.

Moments later Willow and Tara were together in their room dressed in pyjamas. They were sitting up in bed tucked in cosily as they finished drinking their hot chocolate.

“That was really good baby – thanks. I feel so refreshed after my shower followed by very yummy chocolate that you make so well” Willow smiled at her girlfriend.

Tara just smiled back and took Willow’s empty mug to place next to hers on the bedside table. Then she scooted closer to her girl and clasped her hand gently in hers and unconsciously started tracing soothing patterns on Willow’s soft skin with her thumb.

“So Will – how did it really go at Xander’s – he wasn’t mean to you or anything was he?” the blonde tentatively asked.

“Um no, not really – well at first he was acting all standoffish and a bit rude and stuff, but I soon sorted him out – I mean I made allowances that he obviously has had something going on with him lately, so I…. Say – what made you ask baby? And how come you were at his place yesterday?”

“I am so gonna kick his ass! – I don’t care that he had stuff bothering him - he has no right to be mean to you – particularly when you were trying to help – I told him to stop or I’ll kick his ass, so that’s what I’m gonna do” Tara said feeling very angry on her girlfriends behalf.

“Whoa baby! – please calm down. Okay, so you obviously picked up on the jibes I’ve been getting lately from Xander – but it’s okay now, I sorted it and I now know why he was being like that – just some misguided ideas and transference of the fallout feelings onto me or some such thing. But he’s apologised now and I’ve forgiven him, so he and I will be okay….. Um, so you went to see him yesterday – why?”

“Well because he’s supposed to be your friend but he’s been picking on you a lot for no apparent reason and that hurts you – and I won’t stand for anyone at all hurting you in anyway – so I went over to tell him how wrong it all was and try to find out why. But he couldn’t tell me, so I had to then tell him to stop or I’ll have to kick his ass as he so deserves!” Tara delivered all that in a great huffy strop of anger and indignation.

“Wow baby – you did that for me? Just wow!” Willow said in awe, then she squeezed Tara’s hand tighter in a loving grip and used her other hand to caress the blonde’s cheek soothingly - then with a loving gaze for her girl she spoke again.

“Thank you – but it’s over now, honest. I really told him off and set him straight on a lot of things – I told him if he treasured our friendship he needed to start reasoning properly – so we really talked it all out and he apologised.”

“I can always handle things with him ‘cause we’ve known each other practically all our lives. The major problem was of course the fact that he should have talked to me instead of all the jibes and stuff…. But its okay now - really” concluded Willow.

“Well fine, if you say so – I mean I know you can take care of yourself sweetie, but I just won’t stand by and allow anyone – even a member of our family to hurt you in anyway and think they can just get away with it.” Tara said decisively

Willow pulled Tara in for a long drawn out hug whilst speaking and running her palms soothingly up and down the blonde’s back.

“Aw thanks baby – I’d do the same for you too. I’ll always protect you and stand up for you no matter what.”

“Baby? Can we talk about Oz now?” asked Willow as she gently pulled out of the hug to look at Tara.

Tara glanced up quickly at her girlfriend then nodded in answer even as she looked downwards and away from Willow’s alert and questioning gaze. But Willow was having none of that - gently she lifted Tara’s chin and said

“Please don’t hide from me Tara – what happened today when we saw Oz? Why were you so tense? I mean I knew that if you two ever met again it was bound to be awkward – which is understandable.”

“But you were stuttering and that worried me ‘cause you hardly do that now – except when you’re really upset or nervous over something – so please talk to me baby – I need to know you’re okay and happy”

Willow waited with a loving but very alert gaze directed at her girlfriend.

Tara for her own part took a deep calming breath and then letting it out she looked at Willow and said

“I know this may sound silly but I was kinda scared of him”

“Oh Tara, oh baby I’m sorry – I didn’t know – I never thought….” Willow started to say in a stricken voice but was interrupted.

“No sweetie wait, it’s not your fault and I think I need to explain properly. In my heart I’m not scared of Oz – I know he’s a good guy and can’t help having the wolf inside and I know he wouldn’t deliberately hurt anyone. Also now that he says he can totally control the wolf then there isn’t anything to worry about really.”

“But you see when I saw him – my mind took me back to how terrified I was that day when he changed and…. if not for Riley and the commando guys…. well um, you know the rest…. so seeing him again was just not good for me – but I’m sure I’ll get over it.”

“Oh baby, I’m so sorry” Willow said in a nurturing tone while gripping her girl’s hands tightly and then she looked Tara straight in the eyes and said

“But there’s more to it than that – isn’t there? Please share everything you’re feeling with me baby.”

“Yeah sweetie – there’s more. I just… seeing him was weird you know? It was sort of a déjà vu feeling. It made me remember the best and worst time of my life. I-I was heart broken when he came back the last time and I thought I was gonna lose you – but then you came to me with our extra flamey candle and told me it was me you loved and wanted to be with and that ended up being the happiest day of my life….” Tara trailed off with a dreamy expression on her face as her mind went back to that momentous night.

Tara shook herself out of her thoughtful state and focused again on Willow who had a tiny tremulous smile on her lips as she also remembered that fateful night.

Soon Tara spoke again.

“Willow sweetheart – I am so blessed that you love me as much as I love you and I want you to know that I would never doubt our love. Everyday we spend together shows me that we belong together”

“So please don’t worry about how I acted when I saw Oz – I’ll get over it, he is a good guy and I’m really okay with you and him staying friends. I mean Sunnydale is his home too and you guys definitely have lots of good memories to remember regardless of the rough times you also had – so it’s nice that you stay friends and get to talk whilst he’s back home.” Tara smiled at her girlfriend.

“My sweet Tara – you’re so wonderful and sensible about everything. I am truly blessed to have you.” Willow said – and then she lifted her girl’s hand to lovingly kiss her palm whilst they smiled and shared a loving gaze for each other.

“Sweetie? One more thing though….”

“What is it love?” replied Willow

“Um, I may be wrong – but I think Oz is still in love with you”

“Huh? Tara, what makes you think that?”

“I’m not sure sweetie – call it intuition if you like. I mean I know there’ll always be a part of you both that remembers the love you once shared – but with Oz I think maybe he’s also still IN love with you – so I thought I should tell you since we promised to always share and be honest with each other.”

“Oh Tara – I really hope not. I want him to be happy and find someone of his own to love and be with… I don’t want any complications .…”

“Yeah sweetie, I know what you mean. But like I said I may be wrong…. and if I’m not wrong then we’ll just take things as they come. You and me will always work through any problem together – yes?”

“Yes baby – always together” replied Willow with a smile.

Soon both witches agreed it had been a long day – so they scooted to lie down comfortably under the covers and snuggled in each other’s arms contentedly.

“I’m sorry our picnic had to end so abruptly” Willow said

“Hey – that wasn’t your fault and besides it was still the best and most magical time spent with you” Tara said then she planted a sweet little kiss on her girl’s cheek.

“Yeah – it was so magical and even though you always are beautiful to me, today you were stunning – made me swoon and drool” Willow replied and chuckled in her happiness.

“Aw, now I just have to kiss my equally gorgeous girlfriend – come here cutie!”

“Oh Tara, I really love how you call me cutie” uttered a deliriously happy redhead just before Tara’s lips and tongue claimed hers in a delicious and sensuous kiss.

TBC.

Questions? Comments? – are greatly appreciated.

(Next update within a week – and we get to celebrate Tara’s 21st birthday – yay!)

love WFB

Post subject: Re: UPDATE!! (Chapter 11)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:15 pm 
I can't shake the feeling that Tara was kinda avoidy on the Oz question. This was also odd "and I want you to know that I would never doubt our love", why does she say that to Willow ?? And follows-up with the fact she thinks Oz is still in love with Willow. Doesn't sound like a secure Tara to me, nope.

I do like friends/lovers standing up for one another, like Tara did with Xander. However it would have been nice if she had *told* Willow at least what she had done for her, would have avoided the akward reaction a bit. Fact is indeed that Willow and Xander needed to talk to clear the air between them, which Tara couldn't have done for Willow no matter how much she wanted too ":)"

Multiple lines in quotes while they come from the same person are confusing for me to read. Not entirely sure how other writers do that, I think they don't end each line/paragraph with a quote, only when the person stops talking and we shift to another person (hopefully that makes sense:-)

I can't imagine why Xander thinks life is easy for Willow after season 5... which was a fairly easy season for Xander after all. He's jealous about something Willow has, I wonder what. Likely how secure she seems in her relation with Tara since I doubt Xander wants to be a witch very much (plus he isn't secure in his relation with Anya).

Still wondering where this Oz-thing will leads us...

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Post subject: Re: UPDATE!! (Chapter 11)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:54 pm 
Woo Hoo! ":dance" Look look, there's an update! ::Jeanne jumps around like a hyperactive over-excited child::

Sorry about that, I'm calm enough to give feedback now.

Let me start by saying that that was a very good update (as always).

So, now that Xander's had a good telling off from both of our favourite witches is he gonna stop being an ass? I hope so. I thought he'd buck his ideas up after Tara's little lecture, but no, he was still all rude & stand-off-ish with Will. At least he made some attempt at explaining himself to Willow though, & I'm glad they've sorted things out a bit.

Buffy gets a little ":clap" for standing up to Spike and telling him to leave her alone. Question is, has Spike got the message? We know how persistent Spike can be & he's not good at taking no for an answer when it comes to Buffy.

I guess time will tell.

Tara makes the best hot chocolate? Why does this not surprise me in the least? Duh, of course she makes the best hot chocolate, that's you getting Tara's character spot on, as always. I know it's only a small detail, but it really gets across the point that Tara does her best in everything; no matter how small the task is there's no point trying if you're not gonna try your best. That's Tara, completely.

Hmm, so Tara's scared of Oz because

1) he reminds her of the time he tried to get back with Willow

&

2) he's still in love with Willow?

Okay, fair enough, that wasn't the best time for Tara. Worrying about whether Will was gonna leave her & getting chased & almost killed by a werewolf, not exactly the best day. But like Tara said, Willow chose her & it ended up being the happiest day of her life.

& Oz still being in love with Willow? Well I can't say I blame him & I dare say nor does Tara. Surely Tara doesn't honestly believe that it's gonna cause problems? I wouldn't have thought that she'd be suspicious of Oz, that she'd believe that he'd try & cause problems?

Unless, he is gonna try & cause problems? Or, maybe you just want us to think that he's gonna cause problems?

":hmm" Oh, you've got me all intrigued now. I shall be reading this particular plot line very carefully.

Oh look at me with the babbling again. I'm sorry, I'll stop now.

Erm, I'll just finish off by saying, this was a great update & I am as always eagerly anticipating the next update.

Hugs

Jeanne

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/4/04 7:32 pm

Post subject: UPDATE!! (Chapter 12)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:57 pm 

This part is rated NC-17

Thoughts in italics

Chapter 12

Tara Maclay stepped into her bedroom with tears in her eyes - thankfully they were tears of joy.

It was her twenty-first birthday and Tara couldn’t help but feel emotional. She had woken up before Willow and decided to go downstairs to make breakfast as she usually did most mornings – but she had been beaten to it by the Summers sisters.

Buffy and Dawn had greeted her with loving hugs and cries of ‘happy birthday’ when she walked into the kitchen. The sisters were already dressed for their day and had just started preparing a ‘surprise’ breakfast that was to comprise of scrambled eggs, bacon, fried tomatoes, toast, pancakes, orange juice and freshly brewed coffee.

Tara was touched and overwhelmed, particularly when she wasn’t allowed to lift a finger to help. Dawn wouldn’t even let her help set the four places for breakfast – stating that it was her own job. As Dawn buzzed about arranging the place settings, she chattily told Tara that she would be getting all her birthday gifts later that evening at Giles’ new apartment. It had been agreed that that was the place for all the Scoobies to meet and celebrate the blonde’s special day.

After a few minutes – the sisters shooed Tara firmly but not unkindly out of the kitchen and told her that she and Willow should come down for breakfast in thirty minutes. Dawn was quick to add that the witches shouldn’t be tardy because she wanted them all to eat together before it was time for her to go to school.

By the time Tara had reached her bedroom her joyful heart was overflowing – hence, the happy tears. She couldn’t help remembering that it was almost exactly a year ago to the day that she knew she had a real family again. She remembered vividly how her father had come with Donny and Beth to try to take her away to that cold place that had ceased to be her home ever since her Mom died.

Closing the bedroom door – she sniffled and wiped her eyes, then she closed them for a moment as she remembered how Buffy, Dawn and the other scoobies had stood up to her father and brother to protect her. Her heart was so happy and full of love for her true family members – two of whom were currently making her a special birthday breakfast.

Opening her eyes after sending up a little prayer of thanks – Tara thought to herself.

I have a real family again but Willow is my home…..

The blonde walked quietly over to the bed she shared with Willow and kneeling down at the bedside she gazed at her ‘home’ with endless love shining in her eyes.

Tara’s breath hitched from feelings of such intense adoration as she gazed at the beautiful sleeping redhead who was facing her.

Leaning in - Tara gently and reverently placed her lips against her lover’s in a kiss that came from deep within her soul. She repeated this several times and also tenderly ran her fingers through the red tresses that she loved so much.

Soon Willow stirred awake and Tara leaned back and sighed in a totally love struck manner when her love’s beautiful green eyes focused sleepily on hers.

“Tara” uttered Willow in a sleepy but content voice.

“Yes honey - your Tara” responded the blonde in a whisper.

“Mmm, Tara smoochies woke me up - please can I have more smoochies…..? Oh! oh wait, its your birthday…. Happy birthday baby!!” sitting up the redhead went from being sleepy to playfully demanding to getting rather excited in a remarkably short time.

“Thank you sweetheart – um, now please come with me” Tara tenderly took hold of Willow’s hand and started to tug her gently out of bed.

“But Tara I want more smoochies, I need my birthday girl to give me plenty of kisses or the day just won’t be right….” said a pouting redhead as she was tugged along into the en-suite bathroom by the blonde.

Tara just led them into the bathroom as swiftly as possible - manoeuvring such that Willow ended up walking in first. Then she shut the door and turned around with a passionate gleam in her eyes.

Before Willow could register what that look meant – she found herself being claimed by her lover in a stimulating kiss – she felt slightly dizzy and went weak at the knees as Tara expertly parted her lips and gained entrance into her mouth with a very talented tongue.

Tara strengthened her hold on a slightly sagging Willow as she ended the kiss with a euphoric but slightly mischievous smile on her face.

“So – what were you saying my Willow?” asked Tara cheekily, though her voice was also heavily laced with the intense love she was feeling for the precious burden currently weighing down her arms.

Willow was uncharacteristically speechless – she just stared rather transfixed with her mouth slightly parted whilst looking totally breathless and thoroughly kissed!

Tara giggled merrily then placed a quick sweet kiss on her baby’s nose, then she announced it was shower time and almost casually started to unbutton Willow’s pyjama top.

Willow finally snapped out of her dreamy state and sort of squeaked out a question.

“Tara - do you know how much you turn me on…. how turned on I am right now?”

“I think I have a good idea honey, ‘cause I’m just as turned on by you. Now how about we get undressed and take that shower – hmm?” the blonde gave a sultry smile and then leaving Willow’s top half unbuttoned she gently released her hold on the redhead and moved towards the shower.

Tara stripped off her pyjamas in record time and dumped it in the laundry hamper just before she walked into the shower cubicle. Next she turned on the water jet and adjusted the water flow to a gentle and deliciously warm stream.

Tara looked like a beautiful blonde water goddess as she stepped directly under the shower jet. The stream of water gently cascaded down, plastering her hair to her head, running down her lusciously curved body and making her skin become flushed and her nipples become perkier in her already aroused state.

Tara knew Willow had been watching her every move and she turned around to gaze directly at the redhead. Her heart leapt with ecstatic joy at the look of total desire and adoration she found in Willow’s eyes. That look emboldened the blonde who then leaned against the wall and struck a mildly seductive pose, unashamedly baring her nudity and beauty in the presence of her lover.

“Honey I’m waiting here in my birthday suit, ON my birthday - but you’re just standing there. Won’t you join me so we can create some steam?” asked the blonde with a slightly teasing lopsided smile.

Willow was enraptured by the beauty and sensuality of Tara and once again she was stunned speechless – but she did know she couldn’t stand being apart from her lover any longer. So - without taking her eyes off Tara, the redhead stripped out of her own pyjamas and was thrilled when she saw Tara’s eyes light up in appreciation.

Dumping her nightwear in the hamper, Willow moved quickly to step into the shower.

Tara pulled Willow into a welcoming embrace and they both gasped simultaneously at the delicious sensation of wet skin against wet skin.

“Oh baby, you feel so good. You are so sexy and you take my breath away….” the redhead spoke breathlessly as she leaned back a little to gaze with desire at her girl while her fingers caressed the supple skin of Tara’s back.

Tara interrupted with a brief gentle kiss, dipping her head slightly to press her lips lovingly against those of the happily compliant redhead.

“I think you’re sexy and breath-taking too baby” said Tara huskily as she gazed back at Willow with desire equally in her eyes. Then she reached for the shower gel and squirted a generous amount in her hand.

Within seconds Tara was rubbing her hands and a washcloth all over her lover’s body – effectively working up a steamy, fragrant lather. Willow was happily vocal with regards to how much she enjoyed being washed thoroughly by her lover.

Tara worked swiftly and soon she asked for Willow to reposition herself. Hence, the redhead was now slightly arched with her back resting against Tara’s bosom and her head leaning on Tara’s shoulder while her hands covered Tara’s as they swirled sensuously over her exposed skin.

Willow moaned ecstatically and then gasped when she felt her lover first cup her breasts and then squeeze at her nipples.

“Can you feel how much I love and desire you my Willow?” Tara asked with a sensuous whisper spoken directly into the redhead’s ear.

“Oh baby yes – oh yes….” said Willow ecstatically between erotic sounding moans.

Tara was doing her fair share of moaning as she luxuriated in the delicious feel of her love’s wet skin under her massaging fingers. She continued downwards to Willow’s navel and then still lower until she was tangling her fingers into Willow’s silky and soapy pubic hair – this made both witches moan even louder.

Without any warning, Tara swiftly but gently slid her fingers between the folds of Willow’s centre in an erotic and repeated sliding motion.

“Oh God, Ta-ra!”

Willow gasped out as she felt her lover’s fingers rub against her clit - her totally aroused body was immediately gripped in an intense, unexpected but mind-blowing orgasm.

Tara cuddled her lover firmly as she climaxed and trembled uncontrollably in her arms. As Willow gradually calmed, Tara removed her fingers gently and nuzzled her cheek lovingly against the redhead’s then whispered heartfelt words.

“I love you Willow”

Willow slowly turned round in Tara’s embrace and clung to her for much needed support.

“I love you too Tara. I love how you make love to me - that was so amazing and just wow!” the redhead spoke rapturously while Tara cradled her where they stood and swayed slightly – now directly beneath the stream of warm water from the shower.

Tara squeezed Willow tighter conveying with that gesture just how much their moment of passion had also meant to her. Then soon she gently pulled away to let the water rinse off any left over lather on Willow’s skin while they both smiled lovingly at one another.

“Honey why don’t you go grab a towel to dry yourself off, while I finish up in here before the hot water runs out” Tara suggested while still gazing lovingly at the beauty in front of her.

“Why baby? Don’t I get to make love to my beautiful birthday girl too?” Willow took hold of Tara’s hand and pouted cutely with a questioning look in her eyes.

Tara tugged on their linked hands to pull Willow in closer for a sweet kiss and then she said

“Later darling – I promise. But now we’ve got maybe ten minutes to be downstairs - Buffy and Dawn are making a special birthday breakfast and Dawn says we shouldn’t be late”

“Oh. Okay, since you put it that way… but I’m not going happily and I’ll hold you to your promise.” Willow said with rather comical seriousness.

“Count on it sweetheart, I’m yours always. Um, you could maybe come back soon to help get me all nice and towelled dry – yes?” Tara ended with a hopeful question.

“Ooh yes please baby! I’ll be back soon” said Willow getting a bit bouncy and excited, giving Tara a quick peck on the lips just before stepping carefully but rather hastily out of the shower cubicle.

A wide grin spread across Tara’s face as she reached for her washcloth. Her heart was bursting full of love as she washed herself and also thought dreamily of her redhead.

Adorable… that’s what she is – just so adorable (sigh) My Willow is just so cute and sexy too! And, and let’s not forget extremely gorgeous, beautiful, brave, smart, loving and well she’s just everything – my everything! She’s mine just as I am hers (sigh). Happy Birthday Tara - you lucky witch…..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast was a huge success. Willow and Tara where wowed at how good everything looked and smelled when they stepped into the kitchen. The witches each hugged and gave both Buffy and Dawn a peck on the cheek in thanks for the effort they went to in preparing such a tasty spread. It was fun to turn the tables on the sisters and make them be the ones blushing for a change.

In fact the witches mercilessly notched up the teasing factor by constantly praising the very tasty meal with almost every bite they took. It was a really fun loving and sincerely touching breakfast gathering. So much so that Tara had to keep a tight lid on her emotions lest she started with the joyful tears again and Dawn had to force herself not to whine about having to go to school.

All too soon the meal ended and Dawn was shooed out to catch the school bus on time – but not before more hugs were had all round and Buffy promised they would pick her up after school so they could all go over to Giles’ place.

The older girls then made fast work of doing the dishes and tidying up the kitchen – though Tara had to insist that she should be allowed to help, birthday or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About an hour later Willow, Tara and Buffy walked into the Magic Box where business was looking rather slow - there were only two people browsing through items on display close to the shop’s entrance.

Buffy was walking behind her two friends with an amused expression on her face – seeing as she couldn’t help overhearing what was being said.

“But Will, why can’t I come with you guys? It’s my birthday and you’re just gonna leave me behind?” Tara asked pouting unhappily.

“Baby, you know I’d rather be with you – but like me, you don’t have any classes today, so there’s no guarantee you’ll find anyone to chat with while I’m having my meeting with my professor – I promise we’ll be back as soon as we can.”

“I can chat with Buffy” replied Tara as she made to sat down with Willow at the ‘Scooby research’ table.

Meanwhile Buffy had paused at the counter and said hi to Anya followed by a shrug and quietly spoken ‘Don’t ask’ when she saw the ex-demon’s questioning gaze swivel from both witches towards her.

Once seated Willow grasped her girlfriend’s hand and responded to the blonde’s last comment.

“Buffy’s gonna be helping me pick up stuff I ordered for your party and I want it to be a surprise – so she’s also gonna drop it at Giles’ before picking me up when my meeting is over”

“And this meeting – why won’t you tell me what it’s about?” Tara asked yet again.

Willow sighed heavily – she was anxious at the thought that she was causing her love even the tiniest bit of unhappiness, particularly when it was her birthday. So she scooted closer to Tara and spoke again with feeling.

“Please love, don’t be upset. See, even that’s kinda part of the surprise – but I promise I’ll tell you everything at Giles place tonight ‘cause it involves the whole gang too – okay?” Willow waited.

“Involves the whole gang? How does that work….? Hey – am I the only one that doesn’t know about this?” Tara asked in quick succession - then off of Willow’s shake of the head and a look that was clearly pleading for patience and understanding – Tara sighed and nodded slightly then said

“Alright sweetie I’ll be patient and I’ll hang out here with Anya while I wait for you guys to get back”

“And you’re not mad at me?” asked Willow with a hopeful quirk of her eyebrows.

“No sweetie I’m not mad and I just know you’re gonna make it up to me” Tara said leaning in closer to Willow with a tiny grin and a seductive dip to her voice.

A goofy and happy grin spread across Willow’s face in response and she leaned in until her forehead was touching Tara’s – then she spoke in a whisper.

“You can count on that baby, I’ll be back as soon as I can - I promise”

That said Willow shared a brief kiss with her girl and then stood up to face Buffy who was drumming her fingers on the counter with a lazy smile of amusement and a little bit of envy as she watched the cute couple.

“Not a single teasing remark from you Buffy Summers” Willow said sternly as she wagged her finger at her now bemused looking best friend. Then turning to Anya she said

“Hi Anya, Bye Anya – I’ll talk with you later….” she then grabbed Buffy by the arm and said “Come on Buff let’s go, the sooner we go the sooner we get back….“ turning round again she flashed a loving gaze at Tara and mouthed ‘I love you’ even as she started to pull the slayer towards the shop’s door.

Tara puckered up, blew Willow a kiss and sat grinning from ear to ear as she watched her love’s antics and heard the slayer protesting playfully.

“I’m moving already Wills – now let go my arm….” Buffy whined in a playful tone.

Next thing Tara knew, Anya had marched across from behind the counter to plonk herself in a seat directly blocking Tara’s line of vision.

“If you’re done making dreamy eyes after your girlfriend – maybe you can bear to spend some time talking to me – I know I’m a poor substitute and you didn’t even want to be here, but business is slow and I could do with the company….” Anya prattled away until her blonde companion just had to interrupt.

“Stop Anya - don’t talk that way, you’re my friend and you must know that I do like to spend time with you. I was only complaining about being left behind and not about whom I was left with – okay?”

Anya gave a happy little smile, particularly because Tara used the word ‘friend’ and then she suddenly gripped the witches hand and said

“Oh! How could I forget – happy birthday Tara! I shall be giving you a nicely wrapped present later today”

“Thanks Anya – that’s very sweet of you” the blonde witch smiled and then continued

“So how’re things with you and Xander?”

Elsewhere on a construction site – Xander Harris had just placed his hardhat on a wooden table where he sat drinking coffee with someone else.

“So Oz my man – it’s really cool of you to seek me out like this. It’s been quite a while and I gotta tell you, I’m really looking forward to having a male Scooby my age to talk to for a change. I mean I can’t exactly hang out on this kind of level with good old G-man – and even though it’s been a while since you’ve been part of the gang - at least you know all about scoobyage - so I don’t have to watch what I say around you.” Xander grinned at his companion then took a sip of coffee from the cup in his hand.

“It’s no big deal Xander, I’ve seen everyone else except you and Giles – so I just thought I should catch up with you too. It was pretty handy that Willow gave me all your new cell phone numbers – this place isn’t that easy to find with only the address - I doubt I would have found it without your last 5 minutes of detailed directions as I drove here.”

“Wow Oz! - I think that’s the longest I’ve ever heard you speak at one go” Xander said in surprise.

Oz just smiled then said “Things change – but I’ll have you know that even way back in the past when you all thought stoicism was my trademark – I was quite the talker when I wanted to be – just ask Willow”

At the mention of the redhead’s name Xander grew a tad uncomfortable and said

“Uh Oz, why don’t we stick to guy talk now or something – huh?”

“What do you mean? What’s up with you getting all awkward just because I mentioned Willow?” Oz raised an eyebrow at Xander.

“Well er, I just thought maybe it might be awkward – you know with all the history between us – er, I mean you guys….” Xander trailed off even more uncomfortable at the fact that he only seemed to have sunk his foot deeper in his mouth.

Chuckling, Oz fixed Xander a direct look and then casually said

“Xander – it seems to me that you’re definitely the only one finding things awkward here. And speaking of Willow – I’ve seen her a couple of times and the second time she was with her girlfriend and it was no big.”

When Xander made no response, Oz continued with another casually posed question.

“So, they seemed happy – have they been together all the time I’ve been gone?”

“Er, yeah man they have. So, you’re really okay with seeing Willow again after how you guys er, parted?” Xander tentatively asked.

“Will you lighten up Xander? Look, since you’re obviously so uncomfortable - let’s change the subject. Can I have the address for Giles’ new place? – I’m thinking of paying him a surprise visit tonight to say hello”

At that statement, Xander’s eyes went wide and his initial reaction was to yelp out in protest.

“No! Er, sorry – I didn’t mean no to giving you his address - I can do that. It’s just the part about tonight. See the thing is – it’s Tara’s birthday today and Giles’s insisted that we all come over to celebrate it at his place - he wants to show off his new pad - and well erm, I don’t think.…” at that point Oz interrupted.

“Calm down man before you hurt yourself – I get it. If you give me his address I’ll drop by some other time. I’m not really part of the gang anymore and I wouldn’t dream of putting Willow on the spot with the horror that goes along with her ex turning up unexpectedly at her girlfriend’s birthday party.” Oz paused a while and then continued with a question.

“Look – would asking how things are with you and Anya be a safer topic?”

TBC.

(Next update within a week – and we continue with Tara’s birthday followed by maybe some angst….?)

Thanks for reading.

":love" WFB

Edited by: WannaFriendsBe at: 1/14/04 5:50 am

Post subject: Replies then an update to follow soon after....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:18 pm 
Hi Everyone

I've got an update ready - which I'll post right after this. I do hope you all enjoy it - I'm much happier with it than I was with the last one. But hey! the viewing stats for my fic are so encouraging so I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone reading this fic - please leave feedback if you can - all comments are welcome and tend to always help me with my writing.

But now - on with the replies....

Grimlock72: Hi Grimmy - thanks bunches for the speedy feedback. As usual I was so happy to read your thoughts on the update.

Hmmm - was Tara avoidy on the Oz issue? - Well maybe she was but not in the way you think... Heh, either way I'm not telling! *cheeky grin*

BUT I WILL SAY THIS though, when Tara said(to Willow) - "and I want you to know I would never doubt our love" - she said so because in previous conversations Willow had said she didn't want Tara to ever doubt her love(in the earlier chapter where Willow gave Tara roses) PLUS in the jeep on the way to Xander's place Willow had also said she and Tara could discuss her staying friends with Oz right after she'd said "you're my girl..." to Tara - SO such talk from Willow was probably good enough reason for Tara's statement.

Quote:
I do like friends/lovers standing up for one another, like Tara did with Xander. However it would have been nice if she had *told* Willow at least what she had done for her, would have avoided the akward reaction a bit. Fact is indeed that Willow and Xander needed to talk to clear the air between them, which Tara couldn't have done for Willow no matter how much she wanted too

Yeah - I thought about making Tara tell Willow about her visit to Xander(seeing as we're focusing on honesty and sharing being essential for a relationship to stay good) BUT then I decided Tara was in no way being dishonest or deliberately secretive - people generally don't 'brag' about 'heroic' things they do, but of course since it sort of came up and Tara wanted to be sure Xander was treating her girl right - she then didn't hide the issue of her visit.... Plus I actually wanted the awkwardness to sort of add some drama to things - hope that makes sense...

Quote:
Multiple lines in quotes while they come from the same person are confusing for me to read. Not entirely sure how other writers do that, I think they don't end each line/paragraph with a quote, only when the person stops talking and we shift to another person (hopefully that makes sense:-)

OH DEAR of course you made sense Grimmy - Thanks for pointing that out - I'm so sorry. I guess I never noticed since I'm the one who wrote the dialogue such that I know who's speaking at any one time. IF you remember from very early posts of mine - I find quotation marks tiresome for er, some elusive quirky reason, so I actually have a friend who I get to insert them for me and I guess the same thing applies whereby quotation marks just get inserted without the realisation that there could be only one speaker making multiple quotes rather than speaker 1 then speaker 2 alternating dialogue.

SO - thanks a lot for pointing that out, it won't happen again....

Quote:
I can't imagine why Xander thinks life is easy for Willow after season 5... which was a fairly easy season for Xander after all. He's jealous about something Willow has, I wonder what. Likely how secure she seems in her relation with Tara since I doubt Xander wants to be a witch very much (plus he isn't secure in his relation with Anya).

Still wondering where this Oz-thing will leads us...

Yipes Grimmy, I snorted with laughter when I read that! And yeah I guess Xander is probably jealous? insecure? and erm, possibly not the brightest light bulb around...? for using the word 'easy' to describe Willow's life.....

As for the Oz situation - please stay tuned.... and thanks for reading and leaving regular feedback.

kindagay:OH MY GOD!! Jeanne - you made a Tara quote from my fic your sig? WOW! Woohoo! I am touched and honoured - I mean I know you previously expressed how much that line moved you but to have my words as someone's sig for the very first time ever is just Wow! So thanks a lot - you rock!!

Quote:
Woo Hoo! Look look, there's an update! ::Jeanne jumps around like a hyperactive over-excited child::

Sorry about that, I'm calm enough to give feedback now.

Let me start by saying that that was a very good update (as always).

Yet again I have to say your praise and enthusiastic support for my fic totally blows me away everytime - so please do NOT say sorry for jumping around like a hyperactive child ":lol" - I'm very touched and thrilled.

SO yeah - let's see if after double 'witchy tellings off', Xander can stop being an ass - particularly after talking and apologizing to Willow - probably? hopefully? ....Do stay tuned.

Buffy did good - didn't she? Like you, I think she did - I mean on the actual show the violent and kinda twisted Spike/Buffy(Spuffy ":lol" ) relationship always bothered me a whole lot.... Anyhow - yep, time will tell if Spike got the message or not - what do you think? ":evil"

You know Jeanne - Your comments on Tara and how I write Tara are kinda like getting another christmas present(Heehee). I totally loved how you got the simple aspect of Tara making the best hot chocolate - being so Tara. I mean we already know how she's good with pancakes and on the show the cute statement about Willow's yummy face always tickled my imagination on all the things that could give Willow a 'yummy' face! - I too always feel that Tara does her best in everything no matter how small of a task it might be.

Quote:
& Oz still being in love with Willow? Well I can't say I blame him & I dare say nor does Tara. Surely Tara doesn't honestly believe that it's gonna cause problems? I wouldn't have thought that she'd be suspicious of Oz, that she'd believe that he'd try & cause problems?

Unless, he is gonna try & cause problems? Or, maybe you just want us to think that he's gonna cause problems?

":lol" Gosh you can be so funny Jeanne - thanks for the comic relief!! Oh and erm, my lips are sealed - I'm not saying a word on that question of yours - Please stay tuned!

Quote:
Oh, you've got me all intrigued now. I shall be reading this particular (Oz)plot line very carefully.

Yeah you do that - great idea Jeanne, I totally love that idea *wink*

Quote:
Oh look at me with the babbling again. I'm sorry, I'll stop now.

Erm, I'll just finish off by saying, this was a great update & I am as always eagerly anticipating the next update.

Hugs

Jeanne

Oh please - babble away - particularly when it's to give such lovely and insightful feedback on my fic.

Thank you for your kind praise of this update - I wasn't as happy with it as I've been with previous ones - but you've helped - thanks. It's super good to know you're and apparently always eagerly await my updates - I like the next one much better and hope you do too - please let me know.

Hugs right back at you!

Update follows shortly.

Thanks to everyone reading my fic - so off to grab the next update...

Post subject: Re: UPDATE!! (Chapter 12)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:01 pm 
OOh, I've missed a couple of updates. It's funny there seems to be a scooby yet to grow up and deal with life and that's Xander. I am kind of curious how the conversation with Willow ended, because I am having a feeling Willow was overly kind in her assessment of how it went.

And this Oz business. I wonder where Tara is getting her feeling, i mean I don't doubt her but he better keep his hands away from Willow ":p"

Love the shower scene, btw. Thanks for the updates!

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:30 pm 
Hi,
Terrific story thank you very much for the update.Xander is quite the jackass here isn't he.Well I can't wait to read more.
Be well,Karen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:02 pm 
Oh oh oh, an update, there's an update! YAY!

Woo, & hoo & a little happy ":dance" , and, what the hey, a ":bounce" too! ":)"

Yet again, a great update, not that I would expect anything less from you, your updates are always great ":)"

So, Tara's having a good birthday so far, it's good to see her being spoiled by Buffy & Dawn for once, doesn't happen that often.

But of course, Tara being Tara, she's not used to being spoiled & so naturally, she helps clean up after breakfast. & that's you portraying Tara's character perfectly & accurately, as always. You're so good at that! ":clap"

It was nice to see Willow & Tara turning the tables & teasing Buffy & Dawn for a change too.

Oh, I liked this bit

Quote:
“Mmm, Tara smoochies woke me up - please can I have more smoochies…..? Oh! oh wait, its your birthday…. Happy birthday baby!!” sitting up the redhead went from being sleepy to playfully demanding to getting rather excited in a remarkably short time.

Willow's so cute when she's just waking up. I could just see her facial expressions & hear her voice change as she flicked through each emotional state.

That shower scence was just yummy! ":drool" So hot and steamy (no pun intended) & sweet & wow! You're writing skills blow me away sometimes, & when you create scenes like that one it just amazes me how good you are! ":bow" ":applause"

Hmm, it seems Tara's been spending a little too much time with Willow. (":shock" Uh-oh, that's like heresy, I'm sorry ":paranoid" please don't hurt me ":pray" .) It's just, how much like Willow-babble was this?:

Quote:
Adorable… that’s what she is – just so adorable (sigh) My Willow is just so cute and sexy too! And, and let’s not forget extremely gorgeous, beautiful, brave, smart, loving and well she’s just everything – my everything! She’s mine just as I am hers (sigh). Happy Birthday Tara - you lucky witch…..

Willow's internal babble is rubbing off on Tara, it's priceless, adorable & priceless. ":)"

Aww, Tara's so cute getting all pouty 'cos she's not allowed to go with Willow. & very sweet & accurate that Willow gets all worried that Tara's mad & feels guilty about upsetting her especially on her birthday. Those two are just the sweetest couple & you write them so perfectly ":clap"

Hmm ":hmm" , this was an interesting little slip from Xander

Quote:
“Well er, I just thought maybe it might be awkward – you know with all the history between us – er, I mean you guys….”

I think Dr Freud would have had one or two things to say about that.

Which 'us' was Xander refering too? Did he mean, him & Will? Him, Oz & Will? ":confused" Definitely very interesting, I'll keep an eye on that one ":hmm"

One things for sure, things were not sorted out very well between Willow & Xander.

Well, Oz didn't sound like he's planning on causing trouble for Tara & Willow, but who knows what's going on in that mind of his? Well, I guess you do, being the writer & all.

Is he secretly planning to gate-crash Tara's party & stir up some trouble? Or am I just getting far too suspiscious for my own good?

I guess I'll find out in the next chapter.

Well, I'm fairly certain that this feedback was almost as long as the update, & while you're reading & replying to this you can't be getting on with the next update. So I'm gonna shut up now ":)"

I patiently & eagerly await the next chapter

Hugs

Jeanne

Post subject: UPDATE!! (Chapter 12)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:06 pm 

Still loving every second of it, I really can't wait to read more. ":read" . Thanks for all the updates and long ones at that. And the shower scene was just ...":drool" , definitley drool worthy.

Post subject: Re: Suffering withdrawals
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:05 pm 
Hi ":wave" ,

How ya doing?

I keep checking for updates, & there's been nothing for over a month. ":(" I'm missing my favourite fic ":sob"

Please please please update soon ":pray"

":pray" Please ":pray"

(I'm not too proud to beg) ":)"

Hugs

Jeanne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:41 pm 
":wave" Awww Jeanne... you're so sweet & kind! You made me blush ":blush" saying my fic is your favorite.

You don't have to beg and please don't be mad at me - I'm right there with you on the suffering withdrawals - in my case I miss writing my fic - while in your case, you've kindly said you miss reading it....

See, RL is in the way - I've got a major project(work related) that is demanding so much of my time and energy that I just get so exhausted - and that makes it hard to psych myself up enough to write, so instead I just decide to relax(by say reading lots of fics!) when I'm not working.

BUT the good news is I think things will ease up in a week or two - so, I promise to update as soon as I can.... before the next update I'll also reply to the feedback on the last chapter that you and other lovely kittens left for me.

Will it help if I say the update(s) shall be long ones? - PLUS the story line becomes more intriguing with the introduction of at least one 'new' character in the immediate future of the fic who'll stir things up BIG time!!!!

AND OH YEAH - lotsa Willow/Tara goodness by way of - ooh say angsty stuff needing sorting out - THAT can only lead to the need for smoochies, Heh....

And what the heck is brewing with the male characters(in this fic thus far) - all the lady characters(in this fic thus far) SO need to sort 'em out!! - But erm, I seem to be getting ahead of myself.... Damn these withdrawals.... - guess I need to stop being a tease now & instead write all this out so withdrawals go bye bye!!

I'll update as soon as I can Jeanne - promise!! - Meanwhile here's a ":flower" for being so kind and for being a most gracious 'feedback-giver'. BTW I still can't get over part of your sig being from my fic - sincere thanks again for such a huge compliment.

You & Kittens & this superb board really rock!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:20 pm 
Hey ":wave"

Oh yay, nice long updates to look forward to

":bounce" Jeanne happy ":)"

Oh you've definitely whet my appetite with those little teasers of what's coming up. & promises of Willow/Tara goodness can only ever be a very good thing.

But, I shall be a patient kitten & wait until RL allows you time to get updates written (which I hope will be very soon).

Hugs

Jeanne

Post subject: Just to say.....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:06 pm 
":wave" Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd stop by briefly to say - finally RL is being good to me and I've started on a VERY long update to my fic! Yay!!! - I'm halfway through now - and in fact it's getting so long that I just might have to make it two chapters rather than one....

Luckily it's a holiday starting Friday(i.e. for Easter) - and this gives more time for my writing aside from other things......

SO expect a new chapter(or two) by Saturday(Apr 10) - and that is a promise!!!

Until then - take care.

Post subject: Re: Just to say.....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:24 pm 
Yay! An update before Saturday! A very long, possibly two chapter update before Saturday! Woo-hoo!

":bounce" ":banana" ":dance" ":pinky" ":party" ":)" ":D"

Oh, in case you didn't realise, I'm very happy about this. ":)"

I'm glad RL's treating you good now, & I eagerly anticipate the coming chapters of this wonderful fic.

I'll keep checking for an update every day this week

Hugs

Jeanne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:50 pm 
Hey Jeanne!! - Do you have special radar for my fic or something? Heehee.

Seriously though thank you so much for your awesome support of my fic - you really encourage me a whole lot!! I think you deserve a special 'feedback for my fic' award!!! ":bow"

I'm touched that just the thought of my updates make you so happy - please note though - that I said the update would be here BY Saturday. Though it's not impossible for it to happen earlier..... depends on work commitments....

Anyway thanks again for your good wishes and encouragement.

Take care

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:24 pm 
Oh yeah, I definitely have a GROWW radar. Lol!

You think I deserve an award? ":blush" Aww shucks, ":stop" no I don't. I just, tell you what I think, that's not award worthy.

Anyway, if anyone deserves an award (& a ":bow" ) it's you for writing such a wonderful piece of fiction.

Well, whether you get an update up before Saturday or not, I'm still happy 'cos I know there's one (possibly two) on the way.

Hey, as long as you're writing this fic, I'm gonna be here supporting this fic.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this creation.

Hugs

Jeanne

Post subject: Re: About the update.....
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:08 pm 
Hi Everyone!

Um, I have good news and bad news.

Good news is the long update is ready. In fact it's so long that it actually is TWO long updates (Chapt. 13 and Chapt. 14)

Bad news is I can't post them today as promised. BUT I will do so tomorrow.

The thing is I couldn't do much writing(typing) yesterday(Fri) as I planned - even though it was a holiday...

So today I have been typing for 5 hours straight!! and though I thoroughly enjoyed writing straight to the end that I desired for this update(s) - I am now way too tired ":yawn" to do any editing - and believe me I need to do some major editing! I type in Microsoft Word and Ch. 13 is 12 pages long while Ch. 14 is 18 pages (my longest chapter yet!) - So that makes 30 pages that I need to edit & rid off all those ugly typos and yucky structuring!

So please do bear with me - and I really hope the chapters would be worth this ridiculously long wait.

Until tomorrow(well actually till later today for me - 'cos it's already past 3am on Sunday here)

Take care

Post subject: Replies then updates to follow almost immediately....
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:44 pm 
Hi everyone - FINALLY the updates are here. Sorry for the delay - hopefully updates would be more regular from now on.

But first indidvidual replies to feedback on the last Chapter(i.e. Ch 12) - It's so belated (so y'all that kindly left feedback might need to re-read them to know what the heck I'm yammering about in my replies!":lol" )

xita: Thanks for your regular feedback! Xander/Willow's converstion ended pretty much how Will told it to Tara - though yeah - I guess we just might find that the redhead was overly kind 'bout her assessment of Xander.... ":whistle" As for Tara's intuitive feelings on Oz - please read on to find out more.... I'm glad the shower scene was to your liking - I wonder why such scenes are popular ":hmm" (Duh!) ":D"

- Thanks again ":bow"

good2cats: Karen - thanks for your very kind words and yeah Xander seems kinda wonky behaving like a jackass at this point ":lol" - but the question is will he sort himself out? Glad you can't wait to read more 'cos that way you'll be able to find out the answer to the question - sorry the update(s) took so long - hope you continue to read and enjoy. Thanks again ":bow"

kindagay: Jeanne - totally LOVED your feedback and you paid me a huge compliment describing all your favorites. I appreciated all your insightful comments particularly the Dr. Freud reference! Your speculations on Oz were interesting... and yeah we seem to see that Willow babble can be contagious, particularly after that shower scene some nice people seem to have enjoyed reading so much....! ":lol"

I could say more but I better get on with the new updates instead - can't wait to read your feedback on them... Thanks again ":bow"

kresent: Thanks so much for your kind words. I appreciate your popping in to tell me what you think of my updates. I'm thrilled you say you're loving my fic and I hope you continue to do so and that shower scene sure seems to be a hit with you too.... Anyway, I'm glad you want to read more of my fic and finally now you can! Thanks bunches once again ":bow"

Updates to follow almost immediately.

Edited by: WannaFriendsBe at: 4/12/04 8:01 pm

Post subject: UPDATE!! (Chapter 13)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:58 pm 

This part is rated R

Chapter 13

Willow Rosenberg was one happy redhead as she stepped out of her professor’s office. She felt like skipping down the corridors of UC Sunnydale but decided against it when she saw the vast number of students milling around. So instead she made her way briskly to where she had arranged to meet Buffy.

A glance at her watch let her know she was ten minutes early and Buffy hadn’t arrived yet, so she sat and waited outside in the bright sunshine thinking of her girl and all the birthday surprises she had in store for her later today.

Willow was just about to take a second glance at her watch when she got a niggling sensation that she was being watched.

Trying to look as casual as possible she half turned to scan the scenery behind her – she scanned the lush green lawns and the nearby buildings of UC Sunnydale but saw nothing out of the ordinary. It was just the usual bunch of students moving about and calling out to one another, so with a slight furrow of her brow she gave a mental shrug thinking that she was probably just imagining things.

Willow had just taken another glance at her watch, when she looked up to see Buffy pulling up in the SUV and parking at the side of the road. With a smile she bounded up from her seated position, slung her bag on her shoulder and jogged over to join her friend.

“Hey Buffy, you’re right on time!” said Willow as she got in the car and started to put on her seatbelt.

“Hiya Will, what did you expect? No way was I gonna be late after all your pleas that we needed to get back to Tara as soon as possible!” replied Buffy with a slightly cheeky grin for her friend, then she said “So how’d it go with your professor?”

“I got the job Buffy!” Willow practically squealed with a delighted look on her face.

“Oh Will that is so great! - but I kinda knew you would, your brand of smarts is second to none” Buffy said with a sincere smile for her friend.

“Aw thanks Buffy – this job is gonna be so cool!” Willow said giddily and then she said “But come on let’s get going, my baby is waiting”

Buffy didn’t need telling twice, so she said “Sure thing Will” then started the car’s engine and pulled out to drive off heading in the direction for the Magic Box.

Seconds later Willow jumped ever so slightly when her phone started to vibrate in the pocket of the fitted slacks she was wearing. “Oh my phone’s ringing - I hope there’s no emergency….” she muttered out loud for Buffy’s benefit as she reached into her pocket for it.

Buffy heard Willow’s side of the conversation which started with ‘Oh hey Oz – what’s up?”

It was a very brief call and when it ended Willow told Buffy “That was Oz – wants to meet up with me tomorrow, he won’t tell me what it’s about till we meet, but says it’s nothing to worry about like scoobyage.…” the redhead said with a slightly thoughtful expression.

“Is that cool with you? There’s nothing to worry about with Oz is there?” asked Buffy in a tone that conveyed that she trusted Willow’s judgement on the matter and that she was just being supportive and not judgemental in any way.

“Yeah, yeah it is Buff definitely…. tomorrow will tell if there’s anything to worry about… and if there is, I can deal….” Willow replied.

Whilst still concentrating on her driving Buffy spoke up in a perky voice saying “Okay, that’s good Will. So tell me more about this job”

“I’d rather wait till later…. like I told you last week there’s something in it for the whole gang – so let’s save it till we’re all together?” Willow ended in a slightly cajoling voice as she glanced across at her friend.

“Sure Will – I don’t mind. Um, so I’ve been thinking…. I’ve decided I definitely want to re-enrol back at UC Sunnydale, pick up where I left off?”

“Oh Buffy that’s wonderful, I’m so glad! Willow said with excitement lacing her voice. “I can’t wait to tell Tara and the others….” pausing suddenly Willow threw a shrewd glance her friend’s way and reaching out she placed her hand on Buffy’s shoulder giving an encouraging squeeze.

“Um Buffy? – it’s okay if you’re a bit worried or nervous about being able to settle back into the student life, but I have faith in you - you’ll do okay…. and Tara and I will always be available to help you if you need – okay?”

“Thanks Will” responded Buffy in a voice that spoke volumes as she sent a quick but sincere glance and smile towards her dear friend. Willow was without a doubt the best and most reliable friend anyone could ask for.

Changing the subject before she got too emotional or something, the slayer broke the comfortable silence that had developed in the car as they drove along and said

“You know something? I’m really hoping there is real power in positive thinking – I’ve been keeping my promise to you and been doing a lot of it lately, and there’s a chance that it’s really working. Patrol has been so quiet lately and there’s been no sign of that black van or anymore weirdness happening to me….” she trailed off to listen to the expected response from the redhead.

“That’s real good news Buff…. But um, as a scooby I don’t know if I should be happy or cautious, or er, both?” before Buffy could respond Willow quickly added

”Don’t get me wrong – I won’t stop thinking positively… it’s just I don’t want to make the mistake of not taking precautions you know?”

“Yeah, I know what you mean – so should we call a Scooby meeting to discuss this? If we brainstorm or research and plan things to do – we could decide if the lack of action during patrol is something to worry about….” Buffy looked across for a response.

“Good idea – will you mention it later to Giles so that he could call a meeting soon? Willow asked.

“Sure thing Will. Say, you never asked me how I got on with picking up your orders and setting up at Giles’ place.…” started Buffy only to be interrupted by Willow.

“Its ‘cause I trust ya Buff – I mean I know you know how important Tara is to me so I trust that it’s all set up…. and you’ve been so great already with the surprise breakfast – which was soooo delicious” Willow said with a teasing smirk and a gentle shove for her friend.

“Aw stop Will, this teasing thing is my own new gig, so no poaching on my territory!” chuckled Buffy then she continued a little more seriously and said “I’m glad to help – it’s the least I can do when you and Tara do so much for us…. Hey, we’re almost there…. So we meet up with your honey, then later we pick Dawn up and then it’s party time!”

“Yay!” was all Willow giddily said as she started to unbuckle her seat belt when they pulled up by the kerb close enough to the Magic Box.

Buffy just shook her head, smiling indulgently as she watched her redheaded friend eagerly jump out of the car and hurry off to be with Tara - leaving her to lock up the SUV and then follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Awww that is so sweet and romantic Willow! But if you were in a meeting with your professor when did you have time to send lovey-dovey text messages to Tara?” Dawn was seating slightly sideways in the back seat of the SUV so she could look at Willow properly, she was on a playful quest to exasperate her favorite witches with questions and teasing comments.

“Anya I’m so gonna get you back for telling Dawnie about this… just my luck that you had to be seating with Tara when I sent that message – it was meant for my baby only!” Willow said huffily to Anya who was seating up front with Buffy. Buffy for her own part was trying unsuccessfully to hide her mirth as she drove.

Anya just chuckled merrily, making Willow roll her eyes and then she turned to Dawn who was still prodding for an answer - “Dawnie if you must know I sent it when my professor excused himself to answer a phone call that took him ages…. I was missing my birthday girl, so sue me – okay?!”

“I loved my message honey, that’s what’s important - so let them tease all they want” Tara said from her position between Willow and Dawn, she was snuggled close to Willow with her head leaning on the redhead’s shoulder as they held hands as usual.

The triumphant grin Willow shot Dawn’s way soon disappeared when Dawn cheekily asked “So Will, what lovey-dovey stuff did the message say exactly?”

“Dawnie! Stop this – the message was for Tara and not….” Willow stopped when she saw Tara sit up and turn to face Dawn squarely.

“My message said – ‘happy birthday sweet love, I can’t wait to be alone with you tonight, but first we party! see you soon, love & kisses, your Willow’ – So Dawn do you have anymore questions? ‘Cause if you do, knock yourself out why don’t you?”

Tara ended with a smirk and a pointed and challenging look in her eye – a look that made the teenager’s teasing mood all but disappear.

“Er no, no Tara I’m good, no more questions for you guys….” Dawn said going slightly red with embarrassment, whilst also realising that she was absolutely no match for Tara and then she scowled when she noticed that the mirthful sniggers in the car were now directed at her!

Wanting to stop any more laughter at her expense Dawn piped up again and said

“But I do have to ask Anya how come she closed the shop so early today”

“Oh that - well business has been slow lately and I didn’t see the point of waiting ages for Xander when I could leave with you guys” responded Anya.

It was Buffy’s turn to speak as she pulled up in front of what looked like a very nice apartment block.

“Alright guys here we are, you’re gonna like Giles’ new place its pretty nice I tell ya – and it’s got a view of the park ‘cause it’s on the third floor”

They all piled out of the car. Buffy led the way as the other girls followed whilst looking around with interest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giles’ opened his apartment door to a chorus of ‘Hey Giles!’ and with a beaming smile he ushered in the five female scoobies.

He couldn’t help but broaden his smile when he took note of Willow and Dawn’s giddiness and Anya’s avid and obvious curiosity as she craned her neck to look around. His smile grew warmer when he settled on Tara and caught her eye.

“Happy birthday Tara” he said in a warm and genuine tone. Ducking her head almost imperceptibly, Tara smiled shyly back and said “Thank you Mr Giles – it’s really nice of you to let us celebrate my birthday here”

“It’s my pleasure. I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way. Now come on - you all hang up your jackets and come through. I can’t wait to show you what Willow has done to my living room – with Buffy’s help of course” Giles sounded so gleeful and he had a twinkle in his eyes as he looked at Buffy who grinned happily back.

“Huh? What’s going on….?” asked Tara turning from hanging up her coat, only to be interrupted by a very giddy Willow.

“Come on baby, I wanna see – if Giles is this pleased it’s gotta be real good!” said the redhead tugging her bemused girlfriend along by the hand to follow Buffy and Giles down the short hallway.

Needless to say Dawn and Anya where almost tripping over each other right behind the witches in a bid to not be the last to see what the fuss was all about.

Willow and Tara walked in through the living room doorway – which was flanked on either side by Giles and Buffy who were looking eagerly at the witches, waiting to see their reaction.

“Wow!” Willow exclaimed.

“Oh my.…” Tara gasped out with a tremulous hitch in her voice.

“Lemme see, lemme see….” fussed Dawn and Anya as they squeezed and stumbled in from behind Willow, then settled down to take it all in….

Anya said “Oh. Very pretty.…” and Dawn squealed “Cool” with a bounce and a little clap of her hands. Then she and Anya both bending to their extreme curiosity almost simultaneously, stepped further into the room to investigate.

Giles living room was done in earthy colours and had the usual homey carpeting and cosy couches and chairs. But what was so entrancing was the dimmed lighting of the room; the sweet smelling vases of red roses and various sizes of stylish scented candles flickering merrily, which had been placed strategically on surfaces whilst still allowing the room to maintain an uncluttered feel.

But the masterpiece just had to be the twinkling white fairy lights that were artistically draped in loops along two walls in the corner of the room next to the open balcony sliding doors. In the same corner also sat a table draped with a stylish tablecloth. One half of the table surface was laden with several trays; dishes and platters of foil covered or cling film wrapped food of an assorted variety. On the other half of the table - right next to a stack of plates, cups, cutlery and bottles of soda – a pile of colourful and gaily wrapped birthday gifts sat, sparkling invitingly as the varied shiny wrapping paper caught the light of nearby candles and reflected the fairy lights.

A cool breeze from the balcony added the final touch to the perfect lay out, making the room airier and aiding the circulation of the sweet smelling fragrances emanating from the candles and flowers.

“Buffy – it’s even better than I imagined it, thank you!” Willow exclaimed once again turning to her friend with a big grin of pleasure and gratitude.

“Anytime Will – you thought of this and I had fun setting up.” Buffy replied with an answering grin.

“Tara? Baby – you do like it don’tcha? I know you said you didn’t want much fuss – but you also said I should surprise you, so I went for simple see? No overly bright balloons, banners or streamers, um though we’re gonna have those when I bring on your birthday cake…. Oh darn! That was supposed to be a surprise, me and my big mouth! Oh well I guess….” Willow was abruptly interrupted when Tara - who had earlier stepped slightly forward in awe whilst taking in everything – turned around and grabbed her, engulfing her in a tight and heartfelt hug.

Hugging Tara back in glee Willow said in a squeaky voice “So I’m guessing this means you like?”

Hugging Willow tighter Tara replied in a part giggly, but very emotional voice.

“I love it. It’s so beautiful baby.” Pulling away slightly but still clinging to her love, Tara looked up to catch Buffy’s eye and trying not to show how close she was to getting over emotional she said “Thanks so much Buffy – I can’t believe you did all this, it really means so much to me”

“You’re welcome Tara, it was a pleasure to be part of this and I agree with Willow when she says you more than deserve such - especially on your birthday. Ooh and wait till you see the cake Will ordered!” Buffy said with a smile, then she started to walk away but not before managing to share a triumphant grin with Willow.

Buffy joined Giles who had moved over to his music system after he’d been satisfied that both witches - particularly Tara being the birthday girl - were pleased with the setting of his living room.

Left alone with her girlfriend - Tara wasted no time in giving Willow a slow and heady kiss that conveyed her love and how touched she was by all Willow had planned. Willow naturally fell into the kiss quite happily and soon they were in their own world indulging in several sweet and saucy kisses.

Meanwhile Buffy who had moved to stand next to the furniture-unit that housed the television and other such living room gadgets, was selecting a suitable choice of background music. She had brought lots of CDs earlier and Giles had just shown her which drawer he’d kept them in.

As the music filled the room, the slayer turned and called over loudly to Willow and Tara.

“Hey, break it up guys! – you’re gonna make poor Giles have to start cleaning his glasses with all that witchy kissing – apparently it’s his way of trying not to see what we’re doing”

“Buffy! – I thought I told you to tell no one” Giles said in a reproachful tone even as – after a quick glance at the smooching witches - he took of his glasses and started polishing them purposefully with a hankie he’d pulled out of his pocket.

“What? Come on Giles is not like we’ve got a watcher slayer confidentiality code” was Buffy’s cheeky response delivered with a grin at Giles who was peering at her minus his glasses with a pointed look. Knowing he wasn’t really upset with her, the slayer smirked and then turning slightly away from Giles she called out again, this time to the two remaining scoobies who were mysteriously absent from the room.

“Dawn! Anya! – come on let’s get this party started!” Buffy part yelled.

Dawn emerged from a door that Buffy knew led to the kitchen, while Anya popped back in through the balcony doors.

Willow and Tara had pulled apart reluctantly when Buffy called out and then Willow whispered lovingly to Tara.

“Baby you’re just the best kisser.…” said the redhead in a dreamy voice as she and Tara swayed in a soothing embrace as they touched foreheads and almost got lost in each others eyes.

“So are you” Tara whispered back in a slightly husky tone. Then ever in tune with each other, the witches reluctantly pulled fully apart but linked hands as they moved further into the room to join the others a moment after Anya and Dawn had emerged.

“Buffy was right Giles – this is a great place you’ve got here” said Willow and then Tara, Anya and Dawn all agreed with the sentiment.

“Why thank you – I’m happy with it myself” said Giles in a satisfied tone, then he continued saying “Now come on you heard Buffy, the party must start – the caterers delivered just before you arrived so the food is still hot. But there’s a microwave in the kitchen if needed ….. Oh and there’s some potato salad and fruit punch chilling in the fridge - Willow ordered a feast!” concluded Giles enthusiastically making Willow blush and duck her head a bit when he and everyone else beamed at her.

“Right - let’s eat” Anya said after a moment – she was eyeing a platter of crisp fried chicken drumsticks with obvious relish.

“Shouldn’t we wait for Xander to get here?” asked Tara

“Oh pooh! – firstly, it’s not as if he would wait if he were here and secondly, I might have been willing to wait if he was due here any minute - but he’s gonna be ages – so I say let’s eat!” stated Anya with gusto as she grabbed a plate and got busy with the food, much to everyone’s amusement. Though at the same time no one could fault her logic.

“Don’t worry baby – we’ll at least wait till he’s here before we bring on the cake” Willow said to appease Tara’s sense of good manners.

With that sorted – they all joined Anya and really got stuck in and started to enjoy themselves.

Xander arrived about an hour and a half later. It was Tara who happened to let him in. He seemed a bit uncomfortable when he wished her a happy birthday – probably due to their last encounter – but he needn’t have worried because Tara was as usual warm and friendly and just urged him in to join all the fun once she’d answered his greeting with a thank you and a smile.

The party was a huge success. Everyone seemed in such high spirits, though it had to be said that there seemed to be an underlying strain between Xander and Anya. But all in all it was a success, particularly because Tara being the birthday girl was having so much attention lavished on her mostly by her beloved Willow. Both witches didn’t stray too far away from each other the whole time. They interacted and chatted with all the others, but there always seemed to be loving smiles and glances shared regularly between the two – not to talk of all the touchy feely stuff they indulged in as much as possible when they were together.

At some point, Tara was able to find out from Giles if he was back to stay for good and she was very relieved when he said he was…. for as long as he was needed. The blonde witch wasted no time in telling him that he definitely was needed and not just as a watcher. At that point they shared an understanding smile, Giles was really touched by the underlying compliment and he couldn’t help but admire the way Tara was able to speak volumes with minimal words. He had always found Tara’s politeness and good manners to be such a breath of fresh air and he knew for a fact that those were just a fraction of the wonderful qualities she possessed.

Buffy also had a private word with Giles regarding the need for a Scooby meeting as soon as possible.

It came as no surprise to anyone that Dawn was the one to ask for Tara to open her presents after which she giddily requested of Willow if the cake cutting could follow. Naturally Willow got just as excited as the teenager and soon more merriment ensued.

The blonde was really so touched by all her gifts. Giles had got her a very expensive perfume collection. Buffy and Dawn got her a beautiful necklace and matching earrings made out of sparkly and intricately cut black crystal plus a set of fragrant aromatherapy bath oils, bath salts, massage oils and soaps – the kind of things needed for a good pampering. Anya and Xander got her a lovely designer handbag and a very pretty and modern style trinket box, it was rather obvious that Anya must have been the one to pick out the gift.

Next came Willow’s gifts. She gave her beloved a beautiful silver bracelet that had gorgeous sapphire stones that no doubt reminded Willow of Tara’s beautiful eyes. Tara gasped when she saw it and was quite choked up with happiness at that point – But there was more…. The redhead also gave her a box full of magic supplies including crystals, coloured sand, all kinds of herbs and so forth – all in keeping with Tara’s request that they start to share their magic more often and just for them. At this point Anya was quite vocal in expressing her joy that Willow had bought and paid lots of lovely money to her, seeing as the supplies came from the Magic Box.

A nice little sentimental touch Willow had added was a string of fairy lights, this time pink ones, which she said would compliment the ones currently hanging on the walls of Giles’ living room. She said they were taking those ones home with them also and that together with the pink ones they would make their magic casting sessions much prettier - and of course Tara agreed whole heartedly whilst trying to quell herself from worrying over the fact that Willow was spoiling her and must have spent a lot of money. The blonde didn’t want to burst Willow’s bubble and she knew she too would get her chance to do such beautiful things for her beloved girlfriend.

But yet the redhead apparently still had one last gift for Tara when she pointed out a relatively small red envelope and urged Tara to open it. The blonde witch was so thrilled by what was inside – it was a ‘voucher for two’ to a five star ranch, a ranch that had luxurious accommodation and horse riding as their specialty activity. Ever the great planner, Willow had ensured that the voucher was valid for a year and it covered not one but rather any six weekends within the validity period.

Willow had started to babble to the others about how it was high time she got over her fear of horses and that Tara had promised long ago to take her riding saying she’d be safe and also have fun. Tara for her own part just looked so overwhelmed by everything and then she effectively silenced Willow’s babbling by grabbing her into a bear hug. While Anya, ever the vocal one, voiced that she was jealous not so much about the horse riding but of the luxury accommodation. This sent ripples of mirth through the gathering. Still giggling a bit - Willow gently pulled out of her hug, paused to flash a gleeful smile at Tara showing how much it pleased her to have made her girl so happy – and then she turned to Anya and said all of them were welcome to join the ranch going fun especially when an extra source of income was now available to spend on extra holiday type stuff.

At the questioning look she received from some of the scoobies - particularly Anya – Willow proceeded to give the good news of her job and that there was an opportunity for all of them to benefit financially if they were interested. Needless to say Anya was her most captive audience.

Willow explained that her job was with a software company owned by a friend of her professor and that the company was mostly into bespoke security software development. She went on to say that she could work from home and take on as much or as little work as she wanted and she quoted a very generous income she would be earning per completed project. Next she went on to explain that most of the work involved writing bespoke encryption, decryption security and programming codes for whatever software was being developed.

Noting that she had probably gotten too technical - the redhead quickly went on to tell the scoobies how they too could earn an income by being software testers. Beaming happily she mentioned how the company had a new and very generous scheme where by people were paid for ‘testing’ software in various stages of development and simply filling out a questionnaire with their findings, thus helping the development team know what improvements needed to be made. Apparently a number of students at UC Sunnydale were already earning from the scheme that had been introduced to them through the same professor that had recommended Willow for the job.

Everyone was very impressed with Willow and were full of compliments and questions, though in the case of Anya, once she heard money could be got she mostly just asked to be signed up immediately! Dawn was also very pleased when she was told she wasn’t too young to be considered because it was within Willow’s power to pick and choose. The company developed various types of software including those targeted at youngsters as the end users, so Dawn could ‘test’ those.

Soon they all got back into a party mood when Dawn said it was time for the cake which Giles went to get out of it’s hiding place in the small kitchen store room. He wheeled it in on a trolley decorated with balloons and streamers. Tara was practically speechless at the extent to which Willow had gone and she got extremely red and bashful when they all started singing happy birthday to her. The cake was a very delicious looking chocolate and vanilla sponge creation. It had twenty-one candles on it and ‘Happy Birthday’ written in vanilla flavoured icing in contrast to the chocolate icing that covered the rest of the sponge cake.

Giles lit the candles. Then Willow asked Tara to cut her cake and blow out the candles, but for some reason no one asked her to make a wish – probably because Sunnydale was still a hellmouth after all!

Cheers and more merriment ensued as soon as Tara had successfully blown out all twenty-one candles. Dawn started to cut pieces of cake for everyone and Tara dragged Willow aside and pulled her into her arms for a loving dance. The blonde told her beloved just how amazing she found all her surprises and how words just weren’t enough to express how touched she was or how good and special she felt. Willow’s joy at her accomplishment was obvious.

Soon the witches were lost in a world of their own as they danced and basked in their love. They didn’t even notice how everyone was watching them, nor did they hear Anya ask Buffy if she thought the dancing witches would start to magically float like they did the year before!

Alas there was no floating this time. But lots of fun was still had for the rest of the night. At the end of the day, one could conclude that though Willow had tried to keep things simple because Tara had said she didn’t want a fuss – it ended up that the opposite had occurred. But at any rate the blonde birthday girl couldn’t complain for she had loved every minute of it and so did the entire scooby gang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Much later that night, very late in fact – both witches were back home and in their room. Tara was in bed with Willow and the blonde had just stated to Willow that it was time for her to fulfil the promise she’d made to the redhead that morning in the shower. The promise that Willow would get a chance to make love to her birthday girl. The redhead was only too happy to comply and in fact it’s fair to say that the whole night was a night full of slow and blissful but very passionate lovemaking between two soul mates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TBC.

Next update follows immediately below.

":D" WFB

Post subject: UPDATE!! (Chapter 14)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:27 pm 

This part is rated R – and there is some Angst

Thoughts in italics

Chapter 14

The morning after the memorable night before, Willow was the first to stir awake and soon a blissful smile appeared on her face when she found herself spooned around Tara’s beautiful sleeping form. Both witches were naked under the bed covers with their legs tangled up in a show of intimacy that gave testament to their night of passionate lovemaking.

Willow felt so incredibly good and was unable to resist stroking her lover’s smooth and enticing skin. She knew she had to get up soon to start her day – but she needed to savour the snugly closeness to her baby for as long as possible.

Just as Willow sighed inwardly and made to pull away to get out of bed, Tara who had started to stir mumbled a sleepy protest and grabbed hold of Willow’s retreating hand.

“Go back to sleep love, don’t worry I’ll hold you” Willow cooed soothingly into Tara’s ear and settled fully back unto the bed. She started to stroke Tara’s arm gently and lovingly – soothing her back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About thirty minutes later – Willow was sat on her bed now fully clothed. She was watching her lover start to stir fully awake. Earlier, she had finally managed to extricate herself without waking the sleeping blonde. Then she had showered and gotten dressed in record time, packed the things she needed for the day into her bag, then noticing her baby was stirring had moved back to the bed.

Blinking sleepily and then trying to focus, Tara started to smile when the first thing she focused on was her beautiful redhead sat by her side obviously watching her.

“Morning my sleeping beauty” said Willow leaning in to kiss her baby sweetly on the lips.

“Mmm – morning baby, what time is it?” replied Tara after fully kissing Willow back.

“About eleven”

“Wow that late? On second thought I’m not that surprised - you wore me out last night!” said Tara who by now had sat up and was giving a sultry half smile as she sought her lover’s eyes.

Only problem was – her lover’s eyes had wandered downwards and were now gazing with desire at her gloriously naked breasts.

Suddenly Willow seemed to snap out of her daze and frantically she grabbed hold of the sheet around Tara’s waist with both hands and pulled it up to cover Tara’s ample breasts. Then still holding the sheet in place Willow scooted closer and leaned in to lock eyes with her bemused looking girlfriend and then she spoke in a rather husky tone of voice.

“God baby! Can you blame me? Just looking at you can make me lose control of my senses…. you’re just so tempting!” Willow paused to kiss Tara’s ever so tempting and pouting lips before pulling back to continue.

“And you are such a vixen! – flashing your sexy breasts at me, making me forget what I wanted to tell you…. you know you make me wanna stay right here and start with the lovemaking again, oh yeah I would so love to do that – but I need to be responsible and take care of my girl properly and that means I mustn’t let my hormones get the better of me – I mean I’ve already worn you out, so for now no more…. Hey! you’re laughing at me….” Willow breathlessly tacked on to the end of her babble fest when she noticed her lover’s eyes start to sparkle with mirth.

At that last statement from the redhead, Tara’s mirth turned into full-blown laughter. Using one hand to secure the sheet to her chest, she pulled Willow into an awkward hug with the other and then trying to quell her laughter she spoke in an adoring tone.

“God Willow I love you so much! But I’ll um, stop being a tempting vixen and listen to what you have to tell me”

Willow pulled back with a slightly perplexed but adorable look on her face – she still wasn’t sure exactly what she’d done to cause such mirth in her girlfriend.

“Oh. Okay baby – er, I guess that’s good…. and I love you so much too, you know” said the redhead, whilst mentally shrugging off her slight confusion regarding Tara’s mirth.

“I know” replied Tara contentedly, having almost succeeded in composing herself.

Tara was totally besotted with her cute babbling love. Sometimes she felt as if her heart would burst from the love she had for and received from Willow – it was just so amazing how her heart would swell with even more love over things like Willow’s unique babbling thoughts and the quirky way she expressed what she was thinking. Plus the fact that the redhead could sometimes get perplexed over not knowing how amusing her babbling could be - made Tara love her Willow even more.

The lovers shared a sweet moment as they pulled out of their embrace, but still gazed at one another with an air of contentment that lingered even when Tara spoke, thus breaking the silence.

“So Sweetie – what did you want to tell me?” asked the blonde

“Oh yeah, well I just wanted to tell you what I’ve got to do today and plan the rest of the day with you – you’ve got a paper to finish writing don’t you baby?” said Willow

“Uh huh” Tara acknowledged with a slight groan then continued with “But what do you have to do today?”

“I’ve got some course work I want to submit early and then I need to go sort out administrative stuff for my new job – luckily the office is not too far from campus. Then I’m meeting Oz at the Espresso Pump at three – he called me yesterday, said he wanted to talk to me.” stated Willow noting that Tara had perked up attentively and was about to respond.

“Oh? Sweetie how come you didn’t tell me… did he say what he wanted to talk to you about?” asked the blonde.

“No he didn’t baby. Sorry I didn’t tell you – I was more focused on celebrating with my birthday girl yesterday” said Willow with a quick smile, then she had to add “You’re okay with my meeting up with him aren’t you?” in a gentle questioning tone.

“Yeah sweetie I’m okay with it…. if it turns out to be something major we’ll deal with it together as we decided.” Tara replied looking back unwaveringly at Willow who was now satisfied that Tara was indeed okay with the impending meeting.

“Okay, that’s cool. So are you gonna work on your paper at home or will you come to campus with me and work in the library?”

“Uh uh sweetie – as much as I’d love to be with you for a while longer, I think I’ll opt for home – you really did wear me out, you know – but in a very good way!” Tara gave a sexy little smile and batted her lashes a little at her lover.

Willow could never resist that come-hither look. In a slight daze she leaned forward to cup her lover’s cheek as she fervently kissed those sexy lips - then forcing herself to pull away slightly and with her eyes closed - Willow spoke in a slightly husky tone.

“Tara – you totally gorgeous vixen of mine, before I dare open my eyes…. promise me that when I do open them – you’ll give me a sweet little kiss on my cheek after which I’m hoping you’ll let me go make us a quick brunch – because right now I’m SO close to dumping today’s plans in favour of surrendering to your vixen-y ways!”

Having said that – Willow cautiously opened her eyes and scowled good humouredly when she saw Tara’s eyes sparkling with barely controlled mirth. To Tara’s credit though - she managed to keep a straight face as she spoke.

“I love you Willow. I know you’ve got important things to do today, so I’ll be good and go take a shower while you make us brunch, then I’ll come join you downstairs” Then she gave Willow a sweet little kiss on the cheek that somehow felt erotic to Willow. After a tiny pause and with a hint of mirth still present - Tara had to say

“Um, you’re not moving sweetie – go on now, so I can get out of bed without your saying I’m a vixen for flashing my naked body at you!”

“Oh right, yeah moving…. to go make brunch…. it’ll be ready when you come downstairs baby… and I love you too” Willow said trying to shake thoughts of her naked lover out of her head as she scurried off the bed, grabbed her bag and scampered out of the room fast.

Tara for her own part finally released the giggles that had been dying to erupt from her - it wasn’t until moments later that she was composed enough to get out of bed and all she could think was God how I love her!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile outside the Summers residence - at about the same time as Willow got downstairs to prepare brunch – Xander Harris pulled up in his car. He made sure he parked his car farther down the street than he normally would, such that he could see anyone leaving the house without being seen himself.

Xander had taken an early lunch break and was more than happy to spend it waiting outside Buffy’s house. He wanted to speak to Willow in private and had come up with a plan – a plan that was dependent on if anyone came out of the house whilst it was still his break time. So he sat in his car and watched and waited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Willow and Tara had finished their brunch, it was almost twelve noon. Tara walked Willow to the door as the redhead was saying that she was glad Buffy’s note said she would be back home by two o’clock, meaning that Tara would have someone to keep her company. Tara agreed that it was perfect timing because that would give her just about enough time to finish writing her paper and then she leaned in to share a goodbye kiss and a hug with Willow as they stood by the front door.

As Willow stepped out of the house – Xander who had been watching, started up his car and drove towards his more usual parking spot – making sure to stop not quite directly in front of the house. He couldn’t believe his luck that Willow was alone – he had been expecting both witches to be together as usual and had already thought up how he would get to speak to Willow alone. But Willow had just made things easier for him by stepping out on her own. Parking his car by the kerb, he called out to the redhead.

“Hey Will – need a ride somewhere?”

“Xander – what are you doing here?” asked Willow slightly startled to see her friend.

“I was just coming to the house to see you” he lied, wanting to make it seem as if he wouldn’t have minded Tara knowing he was there to speak privately to Willow – when in reality he had actually planned to make sure Tara didn’t know.

“Really? What’s up Xand – shouldn’t you be at work?” the redhead asked.

“I’m on my lunch break and I’m hoping you can spare some time – I need to talk to you about something.”

“Sure – I’ve got some time – particularly since you’d be giving me a ride” the redhead walked around and settled herself into the passenger seat, then turned to her friend who asked ‘where to?’ as he started up the car and started to drive – Willow told him UC Sunnydale campus then it occurred to her to ask “Say, how did you know I’d be home?”

“Oh I saw Buffy this morning as I dropped Anya at the Magic Box and she mentioned something about you and Tara saying you didn’t have an early start today – so I just decided to try my luck” responded Xander, truthfully this time. He then asked after Tara and listened to Willow’s response followed by further small talk. They chatted in their usual manner all the way to the campus agreeing that they would find somewhere convenient to talk after Willow had dropped off her course work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day at about one in the afternoon – Willow Rosenberg was one aggravated redhead. If anyone had asked her at that precise moment how she was feeling – she wouldn’t have been able to answer exactly. What she did know was that after her talk with Xander – she had eventually decided that the best thing to do was to try to put the discussion out of her mind for the time being. So, five minutes after she’d left Xander - she was walking to the office of her new employer and she was reminding herself to stay calm, as it definitely wouldn’t do to get there feeling all riled up or whatever…. because of Xander….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at home – Tara had been diligently writing her paper. Actually typing was a more appropriate word because she was sat at the dining table typing it up on Willow’s laptop. She was quite pleased at her progress and in fact just before two o’clock she had finished and had even read over and edited her work to her satisfaction.

As she waited for the pages of her write-up to finish printing - it came as no surprise that her mind drifted to her girlfriend.

She smiled when she thought about her Willow and how totally loving and wonderful she was – the passion and desire they shared took Tara’s breath away. Just thinking about last night and the other indescribable times they’d made sweet love brought goose bumps to Tara’s skin. Regardless of the rough times life threw at them, the blonde knew she was so blessed to be with Willow – she could spend hours on end recounting the reasons why.

There were also the many little things that mattered so much. For instance it hadn’t skipped her notice that Willow had found time to hook up the printer to the laptop for her. That was her sweetheart, always taking such good care of her, in fact spoiling her - for instance with her birthday surprises…. and always thinking ahead and doing such thoughtful things…. and in general always wanting to help others….

Tara continued to sit with a besotted smile on her face as she thought some more about how amazing her girlfriend was.

But soon Tara’s smile changed into a slight frown. Unfortunately, sometimes when one has lots of time in which to think – the mind can conjure up unpleasant thoughts.

And right then Tara was thinking about Willow’s meeting with Oz later that day and a worrying thought emerged from her subconscious. She tried not to panic but to think things through rationally, but the conclusions she was coming to were not helping at all.

Tara was so immersed in her troubled thoughts that she jumped when she heard Buffy call her name.

“Tara? – are you okay?” then “Oh sorry - I didn’t mean to startle you….” said Buffy who was worried at the expression on her friend’s face and the fact that something must be wrong if Tara hadn’t even heard the front door shut as she came in just now.

“Oh H-hi Buffy, I didn’t hear you come in” Tara said distractedly.

“Yeah I figured that much…. has something happened? You look worried….”

“No nothing happened – It’s just…. I’m just… I’m worried about Willow.” Tara finally blurted. She had decided to just take the plunge and she knew she could confide in Buffy especially since they had become much closer lately.

“Why? What’s going on…?” Buffy asked as she moved to take a seat.

“Willow’s meeting up with Oz at three and I’m worried something might happen…..” the blonde witch trailed off with a frown as she seemed to get lost on a particular train of thought going on in her head.

“What do you mean Tara? You trust Will right?” Buffy asked trying not to sound judgemental, while hoping that the faith she had in Tara wasn’t about to be shaken – she was quite relieved when Tara’s next words allayed that particular concern.

“Of course I do Buffy – it’s Oz I’m not so sure about….“ Tara paused and then gathering her resolve she proceeded to confide in Buffy that she’d mentioned to Willow how she suspected that Oz was still in love with the redhead. Then she explained how a sudden niggling fear about Oz not being able to control the werewolf in him had surfaced.

Tara was quick to point out that she knew Oz was a good person, but she also pointed out that though Oz said he now had total control of the wolf in him - she was now all of a sudden worried. Worried because the last time he had come back he had also thought he was in control and yet things had gone horribly wrong that day he had changed and attacked Tara.

Hating to have to remember that awful day again – Tara steeled herself and told Buffy how it was essentially Oz’s emotional state of mind over Willow that had triggered off his changing into the wolf in broad daylight.

So, as much as she wanted to trust Oz now and believe he had control of the wolf – she couldn’t help be worried because no one but Oz can actually know what he feels for Willow – and what if he isn’t in as much control of the wolf as he thinks.

Buffy could feel the anxiety coming off of Tara in waves and she was about to say something when Tara beat her to it and piped up again after quickly checking the laptop for the time.

“It’s just twenty minutes past two – Buffy I want to go over there….” Tara started to say but was interrupted by Buffy.

“Whoa Tara hold on, let’s think about this. I do understand your worry - but trust is an issue here - I don’t think it’s a good idea to just barge in on them. I was with Will when she got the call from Oz and I actually asked her if she had a reason to be worried since Oz didn’t want to say what he wanted to talk about. Will said no and that even if there was she could deal – so I.…” It was Tara’s turn to interrupt Buffy.

“But Buffy, Willow probably meant deal with emotional stuff about maybe how he feels about her and not deal with him changing into a werewolf. Look I know what you mean about trust being an issue and not to just barge in – I know Will can look after herself mostly, but I don’t want to take a chance only for things to go wrong and she gets hurt!” said Tara in an anxious tone, then she paused to calm herself before she continued.

“It’s only a few minutes ago that I started thinking what if Oz can’t really know how well he can control the werewolf.… but you’re right I can’t just barge in, I mean Will and Oz are friends and I don’t want him to think I have a problem with that or make him feel bad knowing I’m worried about the werewolf thing – of course it’s Willow I plan to tell my worry to and not him…. What if I go and just hang out somewhere nearby to make sure they’re okay – then after I could talk to Will about it?”

“Tell you what Tara…. what if I go? Hopefully nothing happens that would need slayer intervention… then um, let’s see… whenever Will and Oz leave I could get Will alone and explain that you were a bit worried – but you guys can talk about it properly when she gets home. I’ll probably give her a ride back if she has no further plans. So, what do you say? – I think it’d be somehow better if I turn up and not you”

“Yeah Buffy, I think you’re right – thank you. I’m so sorry I’m dumping this on you, I just can’t seem to stop worrying… I don’t want to leave even the smallest chance…” Tara was interrupted gently.

“It’s okay Tara – you know you don’t have to explain - we all agreed to take good care of each other” Buffy said patting Tara’s hand kindly, then getting up she added “Speaking of which – I’m kinda glad you’re going to be home when Dawn gets back from school – you’ll make her eat proper food and not junk!”

“Count on it Buffy” Tara replied with a smile.

“Right - I’ll be off real soon, I just need to go freshen up quickly. I’ve been training at the Magic Box all day” the slayer said as she headed upstairs.

Much later – Buffy was seated in her jeep drumming her fingers on the steering wheel. She was parked in a by-road facing the Espresso Pump coffee shop. It was situated across from her on a main road and at the same time tucked in a corner of another by-road perpendicular to the main road. Buffy was certain that she was out of sight of anyone who left the coffee shop – at least anyone who didn’t know to look for her there.

When she had arrived it was a minute to three and she wasn’t surprised that the ever-punctual Willow was already in the coffee shop. Willow’s fiery red hair made her easy to spot through the window – the redhead had her side facing Buffy and she appeared to be reading something as she took a sip of what could only be a cup of her favorite mocha.

At exactly three, Buffy spotted Oz walk into the coffee shop, pause to look round and then walk over to Willow’s table. At that point Buffy relaxed a little, because she no longer had to worry about Oz driving by and seeing her – he had obviously walked or parked his truck elsewhere on some other road.

Once Oz and Willow looked settled into talking – complete with whatever food and drinks a waiter had placed between them – Buffy decided that even though she was outside, she still needed to give them as much privacy as possible – so keeping the two in her peripheral vision, she settled on watching the shop’s door.

Diligently Buffy stayed watching in that manner. Music played in the jeep – but the slayer wasn’t really listening to it. Instead she sat staying alert whilst drumming her fingers at intervals and thinking idle mundane thoughts so as not to become too bored. She also glanced properly at Willow and Oz once in a while just to be sure – and once or twice she noticed Willow seemed to be gesticulating quite a bit with her hands – but otherwise everything looked alright.

A long while later - Buffy was thinking that she would definitely have to score herself a mocha once her friend came out of the shop. She was also thinking that she would need to time things properly whenever she saw that Will and Oz were about to leave the shop - she planned to sprint over to join them and make it appear – for Oz’s benefit - to be a casual chance meeting.

Little did Buffy know that the next few minutes were about to prove that sometimes the best laid plans did not always go smoothly.

The slayer jumped a little when she heard a rap on her passenger side window – she looked across and used the auto switch by her side to roll the window down when she saw that there was an elderly man standing in the street wanting to talk to her.

The old man politely asked if Buffy would be kind enough to reverse so his equally elderly friend would find it easier to park their own car in the parking slot in front of Buffy’s.

Buffy could see the car in question was halfway alongside hers waiting in the middle of the road. So after a quick glance at Willow and Oz she nodded and said ‘sure’ to the old man who thanked her and went to get back into his own car as Buffy started up the jeep.

After another quick glance at the coffee shop, Buffy turned round after putting the jeep into reverse gear and reversed a little distance and then waited for the other car to pull in front before she drove forward again - back into place.

Unfortunately, at the exact moment Buffy had turned her head – Willow and Oz had chosen that moment to stand up and leave the Espresso pump - parting outside the door and going in opposite directions.

Needless to say – Buffy totally missed seeing them leave. Looking through her windshield back at the coffee shop once she had returned to her original spot – Buffy groaned out loud when she couldn’t see any sign of Willow and Oz.

“Oh man! Would you believe it?” said the slayer out loud as she pulled the jeep’s key out of the ignition and scrambled out as fast as possible, so fast that the elderly chaps hadn’t even had a chance to climb out of their car and say thanks to her as they had planned to.

The slayer wheezed past in the direction of the Espresso pump and when she got to the junction of the by-road she was on and the major road, she immediately looked to her left and scanned the road that way first - seeing as that was the direction she’d seen Oz emerge from earlier.

Buffy heaved a huge sigh of relief when she saw Oz walking alone in the distance. She watched him for a while just to be certain – and sure enough she saw him reach his truck and get into it and drive off alone. This made Buffy conclude that for whatever reason Willow was walking home or walking anywhere else she needed to be.

That sorted - Buffy decided to still go get a much-needed mocha. She knew that she would still get home before Willow or even catch up with her and be able to give her a ride.

The slayer had just crossed the road and was about to head through the coffee shop’s door when she was totally startled to hear Willow call her name from just a few feet away to her right.

“Hey Buffy – fancy meeting you here” said the redhead who had just rounded the corner right next to the shop.

“Will ! – you came back….um, I just want to get a mocha….” said Buffy whose brain wasn’t at its most alert at that exact point in time.

“Yeah I forgot my….” Willow started to say, then after an abrupt pause she segued into saying “Hey, what do you mean I came back – how did you know I’d been here?”

“Well ‘cause I was watching you.…” Buffy could get no further.

“What?! You were watching me - why? What do you mean watching me, what’s going on….?”

“Calm down Will, let me explain. See, Tara was worried….” Buffy stopped abruptly when she saw the expression on Willow’s face and she mentally slapped herself for not thinking how that would sound even worse to Willow.

“Huh? Tara sent you? Buffy what’s going on?” asked Willow in a stricken voice.

“Willow please listen, look I promise it’s nothing bad – yes Tara was worried but….” Buffy had to stop this time because she found she was speaking to Willow’s back as the redhead had turned and was heading into the Espresso Pump. Buffy felt like screaming in frustration at her very own stupid tactlessness…. it was just that her friend had caught her off guard - but dammit she had to fix this and get through to Willow.

So she followed and found Willow bending down to pick up a rather large brown envelope that was against the wall next to the table she’d been sitting at not long ago. Buffy figured that was obviously what the redhead had forgotten. As Willow straightened Buffy went to stand next to her and spoke gently.

“Will please – I was saying it all wrong. It’s not what you think…. I wish you’d just let me….” once again she had to stop when Willow interrupted her.

“Um Buffy, I figure from the keys in your hand that the jeep is here somewhere – so could you please just take me home? I need to hear this from Tara” the redhead said in a flat voice whilst fidgeting with the strap of her shoulder bag and trying to avoid direct eye contact with her friend.

“Sure Will – the jeep is just across the road” Buffy said with an unhappy sigh, as she pointed. The redhead was already moving when the slayer added “It’s open, I’ll join you in a minute”

As Willow left the shop Buffy hurried over to the counter and pushing some money across to the person serving she said “One large mocha please”

Barely a minute later, Buffy took two large gulps of her drink before getting in her car to join her friend. One look at the redhead was enough to tell the slayer that Willow was in absolutely no mood for any kind of conversation. She hated to think that she was the cause - however unintentional - of her friend’s current air of dejection and she silently vowed she would make it up to her. But Buffy knew that Tara would make things better - so she wasted no time in pulling the jeep out and driving off. The sooner she got Willow home to Tara the better.

It was a very somber ride. Willow sat in subdued silence with her mind stubbornly fixated on the single thought that her already wonky day had just gotten wonkier and crappier. While Buffy tried to listen to the music playing to take her mind off the unhappy vibes she was getting from Willow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the Summers house. At about the same time as Willow and Buffy had started their journey home – Dawn and Tara who had finished eating about twenty minutes ago, were seated together at the dining table.

Tara was helping Dawn with her History homework. They were almost through with it when Dawn just had to put her pen down and look worriedly at Tara.

“Tara – what’s wrong?” asked the teenager.

“Nothing Dawn – why do you ask?”

“All through lunch you were distracted and you kept glancing at my watch… and now that we’re almost done with my homework you’re acting the same way – please tell me what’s wrong… I mean has something happened.”

“No Dawn, nothing’s happened” replied Tara whilst thinking Please let nothing have happened!

“If you say so” was Dawn’s despondent comeback – she just knew something was up but Tara thought it best to leave her out of it.

Dawn kept silent for a while and then thought to try another tactic. So she perkily said

“I had so much fun at your party last night! Willow show knows how to plan a great party” and she was relieved to see Tara brighten up and smile at her before saying “Yeah – she sure does. Everything was so amazing yesterday”. With an answering grin Dawn went back to her homework thinking in relief that at least it sounded like all was well with Willow and Tara – and in her mind that meant anything else could be sorted. Anything, including the ‘unknown issue’ that was making Tara find it necessary to pretend to read her boring History textbook!

Tara’s obvious pretence was further highlighted by the way she sprung out of her seat when she heard the front door open.

“Buffy – is that you? Did everything go okay…. Will….!” Tara’s questions came to an abrupt halt with a squeak of her girlfriend’s name, because as she rushed into the entrance hallway to talk to Buffy – she instead came face to face with and almost collided with the redhead but somehow managed to stop in the nick of time.

Tara’s heart constricted and her breath hitched as she saw a look of such hurt and disappointment etched in the emerald eyes of her love.

“Will? Baby – what’s the matter….?” She instinctively reached out to comfort - but to her dismay Willow turned away abruptly and walked into the living room without uttering a single word.

It was then that the blonde witch noticed Buffy hovering uncomfortably by the door – looking like she wanted to blend into the plaster work of the nearest wall.

“Buffy? Please - what happened….?” Tara started to ask in a desperate voice, but the slayer interrupted her.

“Tara – I’ll tell you how the plan went wrong later, but right now Willow needs you to explain why I was there… please just go to her” Buffy said coming forward a little after finally finding her backbone once again.

As Tara all but flew in the direction of the living room, Dawn cautiously walked into the hallway clutching her pen in her hand.

“Buffy what’s happening? Why is Willow mad at Tara and what have you got to do with it?”

“Hey Dawn – come on, let’s go to the kitchen and I’ll tell you…. damn I need another drink!” replied Buffy who had downed the rest of her lukewarm mocha in the brief and awkward walk from the car to the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Tara walked into the living room, her heart took another lashing when she saw her darling redhead standing facing the window with head slightly bowed and shoulders slightly slumped.

Tara wanted to rush over and enfold her girl in her arms – but something told her to take things slowly. So instead she walked closer and noticed there was about a foot of space between Willow and the window. So Tara moved closer still and tried somewhat to catch Willow’s gaze as she quietly and tentatively said “Will?”

Tara frowned a little when Willow turned and moved away a little more and then her heart skipped a beat when she thought she caught a tiny sniffle coming from the redhead. The mere thought that Willow could be crying or about to cry whilst trying to hide it by turning away – made Tara feel sick.

“Willow? Honey please I….” she was interrupted when Willow spoke.

“Ta-ra…. don’t you trust me?” asked Willow in a very forlorn sounding voice.

“Oh baby. Of course I do – I swear I do…. I can….” once again Tara was interrupted.

“Then why did you ask Buffy to…. to spy on me” asked the redhead in what could only be described as a brave little voice.

Tara could stand it no longer. She needed to banish every single bit of hurt she had caused and she needed to do it now. So she walked purposefully right next to her girl and placed her hand on her shoulder gently.

“Baby, I swear it wasn’t like that - I just needed to know you’d be safe. Willow please look at me – let me explain.…” Tara implored circling halfway round to face Willow and noting with relief that she was being met halfway. Next she gently used her right hand to lift Willow’s face up so she could gaze at the emerald eyes she loved so much.

Tara’s breath hitched in her throat and her heart lurched when she saw that indeed Willow had been extremely close to tears. She engulfed her baby in a warm embrace and whispered brokenly into her ear.

“Oh Willow – darling I’m so sorry…. I never meant to hurt you…. not ever! I love you so much – you must know I would never deliberately do anything to hurt you.” she then pulled back a little and placed a fervent kiss on Willow’s brow then she said

“Baby come on – let’s sit and I’ll explain”

Willow felt Tara clasp her hand almost desperately and she allowed Tara to lead her to the couch. They both sat and Tara didn’t let go of Willow’s hand but instead clasped it in her lap as though it was her lifeline – then she started to explain as best she could why Buffy ended up doing what she did and she also made sure she let Willow know that it had all been her own idea and that Buffy had actually been the one to point out that they needed to ensure trust wasn’t broken.

Tara realised that for whatever reason – Willow must have discovered Buffy before Buffy had a chance to explain that she was in no way there to spy on Willow secretly.

So with that in mind she made sure to state every single detail of her discussion with Buffy and how Buffy was supposed to catch up with Willow immediately and let her know what was going on and she also mentioned how Buffy also helped her realise that Oz was a friend and they needed to consider his feelings and try to ensure he didn’t have to know of any worry(however little) they might have about him.

Willow listened attentively and didn’t say anything until Tara had finished – and then looking far more composed and much calmer than earlier Willow had to ask

“But Tara – why didn’t you just tell me you’d been worrying about Oz being able to control the werewolf around me. I mean this morning I even asked you if you were okay with my meeting up with him and you said you were….” Willow trailed off waiting for a reply.

“I know baby, but I didn’t start getting worried until I had time to think about it. I guess it probably was niggling subconsciously until today. So, because I only found out today that he’d asked to meet up with you and without knowing exactly what he wanted to talk to you about – my mind just went to a scary place and I just didn’t want to take a chance that could lead to your getting hurt…. I just kept worrying over how Oz had also thought he could control the werewolf before….

Willow – right now I just need you to know that I trust you completely, I really do. Today was just about me needing to know you’d be safe” Tara ended with a very sincere voice.

Willow was silent a long while and seemed to be making her mind up about something then she looked up at Tara and spoke.

“You know what Tara? I’ve had a really weird and very long day, I need to go take a shower and we can talk later” that said Willow got up and in the process her hand was dislodged from Tara’s.

Tara for her own part felt quite bereft by the loss of contact and also quite anxious, so after a brief moment she sprang up from her seat and hurried after Willow.

“Will? Will wait! – baby are you mad at me?” Tara asked sounding a little desperate as she caught up with Willow near the foot of the stairs. Instinctively the blonde reached for and took hold of the redhead’s hand again.

“I’m not mad at you Tara… I just… I need some time alone to think about stuff…. like I said I’ve had a really weird day and I just need to sort through everything, then when we talk I’ll tell you about it” with that Willow once again unclasped her hand from Tara’s and turned to climb up the steps without a trace of her usual bounciness.

Tara just watched her go, this time feeling totally bereft. When Willow disappeared from view, the blonde witch slumped dejectedly to sit down on the last but one step. Elbows on her thighs – Tara dragged both hands through her hair and ended up more or less holding her head in her hands while she succumbed to depressing babbling thoughts. God she IS mad at me! Dammit I never even got a kiss - she must be really mad at me…. and god I hurt her…. I hurt my Willow…. oh baby please believe me - I never meant to hurt you, never.… I just wanted you to be safe….

Soon Tara felt a gentle hand on her shoulder and looked up to see Buffy gazing at her sadly with Dawn hovering behind and looking on anxiously.

“Tara – I take it things didn’t go too well….” Buffy quietly stated the obvious.

“Oh God Buffy, I’ve hurt her! I never meant to… I just wanted to make sure nothing happened to her… but god I’ve really hurt her…. I don’t know what to do… she looks so sad and she ….” Buffy interrupted gently.

“Tara let’s go into the living room – come on…. it’ll be okay” said the slayer squeezing her friend’s shoulder in a comforting gesture.

Tara stood up and followed Buffy to the living room with Dawn once again hovering behind while trying to quell her anxiety at the latest turn of events.

Buffy sat next to Tara on the couch while Dawn sat on a chair trying to be as unobtrusive as possible.

“I’m so sorry Tara – it’s my fault” said Buffy quietly - whilst vowing to herself once again that she would definitely make things up big time to Willow. Then she proceeded to tell Tara how things had gone wrong when she got distracted by the old guy and how she constantly put her foot in her mouth when she was caught off guard by Willow.

Tara listened and then told Buffy not to blame herself because she couldn’t have known things would pan out that way.

Dawn couldn’t keep quiet any longer.

“Tara, what did Will say when you explained it all?” the teenager asked.

“She said she’d had a weird day and needed sometime alone to think and that we can talk later…. she also said she’s not mad at me…. but she must be if she doesn’t want to talk to me now or be around me….” Tara trailed off unhappily.

“Don’t worry Tara – it’ll be okay. I’m sure Willow knows you trust her and that you really just wanted to keep her safe… and you know she said she had a weird day…. I mean you don’t know what Oz said and stuff….” Dawn said quite insightfully.

Tara hoped Dawn was right and then she started to wonder what exactly Willow meant about having a weird day.

“I guess I just need to do what she asked and give her some time alone” Tara said with a heavy sigh.

After an uncomfortable silence – Dawn decided that they should watch some TV and hope Willow would join them when she was ready.

But within five minutes Tara decided she couldn’t just do nothing - she needed to fix this and now! She said as much to Buffy and Dawn in a determined tone and then headed upstairs with a purposeful stride.

TBC.

Oh and in answer to an obvious likely question – in the next update I hope to do flashbacks to the Willow/Xander, Willow/Oz talks. Couldn’t do so now - it would have made this update too long.… Okay – fine, I admit it was sorta a cliffhanger too ":yikes" Sorry….":D"

(Not sure exactly when the next update will be ready – but hopefully soon.)

Edited by: WannaFriendsBe at: 4/24/04 8:26 am

Post subject: Re: UPDATE!! (Chapter 14)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:03 pm 
Wow! Look at that. Two lovely long updates. Okay, I'm gonna cover both updates in one post.

But before I do, I have to do this.....

Yay! 2 updates. Two brilliant updates!

":bounce" ":bounce" ":pinky" ":pinky" ":applause" ":applause" ":banana" ":banana" ":dance" ":dance" ":party" ":party" ":)" ":)"

(two of everything, one for each update) ":)"

Okay, so chapter 13 I just kept saying 'awww' and it was all happy & sweet. Then chapter 14 started so good, but then at the end I was all 'noooo'. ":("

I loved all of Tara's birthday surprises, Willow really knows how to treat her girl. It was all so sweet ":luv2"

Willow got the job, yay! And all the scoobies are gonna be in the money, I loved Anya's reaction to that news. ":)"

Well, my suspicions about Oz crashing Tara's party were way off weren't they? But, he has inadvertently managed to cause trouble between our two favourite wiccans. ":("

Which leads me, rather nicely, to chapter 14.

As I mentioned earlier, this chapter started soooo good. I loved the whole morning interaction. Every word of it is just sooo sweet and absolutely perfect. I'd pick out my favorite bits, but I'd only end up quoting the entire section. ":)"

It was all great; Willow babbling, Tara laughing at Willow's babbling, Willow not understanding why Tara was laughing... the whole thing was just brilliant and sweet and so well written. ":clap"

But after that, it all goes kaplooey doesn't it?

First Xander makes Willow all aggravated. Then Tara gets all worried in case Oz can't control his inner wolf. And then, there's the big whammy, Buffy puts her foot in it and makes Willow & Tara argue.

And whoa, what an argument, you don't write things like that by halves do you?

Do you know, I started to worry about myself just a little whilst reading that argument, 'cos I kept talking to my computer screen. Lol!

First of all I was trying to talk some sense into Willow, then I (like Tara) just wanted to wrap my arms around her. And when Willow asked Tara if she trusts her I was answering the question before Tara had a chance to.

But do you know what's even scarier than me talking to my computer? You're fic actually listened to what I was saying. Or, okay it didn't, 'cos it was already written before I started talking to it, but when Willow walked away (the 1st time), I was saying 'No, Tara, don't let her walk away. Stop her' and do you know what? She did.

Then at the end, when Tara's debating over whether or not to go and talk to Willow, I was having the same debate myself. Should she leave her and give her the time she wants? or should she go to her and be there for her to talk to?

And I have to say, I think she made the right decision.

Now you see that, that is how involved you get into this fic. That's how wonderful and 'real' your writing is.

And hey, don't worry about the cliffhanger, 'cos, after you have arguments, you get to make up and as Tara herself says, that's the best part. ":wink"

Erm, there was more stuff I wanted to say but I've been babbling on for so long that I've forgotten it.

Oh, I love your continued wonderful portrayal of the Tara/Buffy friendship. You can really tell that that relationship is particularly important to you. It comes across in your writing how much effort you put in to getting the Tara/Buffy interactions just perfect.

So, next update tells what happened with Xander and Oz? Well, don't take too long, 'cos I don't think my curiosity can wait very long to find out.

I wait, as ever, with baited breath for the next installment.

Keep up the great work

Hugs

Jeanne

----------

Tara: “Let me guess – you want me to lie on your lap while you feed me grapes, but my sweet, shy, precious, honey you’ve been too shy to ask – yes?” - GROWW by WannaFriendsBe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:52 pm 
= ), but make ":willow" and ":tara" make up soon.

(my comment's a little but shorter than kindagay's, but I felt it was necessary to leave one)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

she had eyes bright enough to burn me --conor oberst

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:42 pm 
Howdy:laugh

Wow it's been almost a year since you last updated. I hope everything is ok:(

I'm really hooked on your fic and I'm hoping that you'll be able to update soon.:pray

You did leave us in a bit of a cliffhanger, and I would really like to know what Xander and Oz talked to each other about and what Xander and Oz said to Willow.:gnome

So UPDATEY GOODNESS SOONISH?

Ever faithful and saluting you while holding up a can of rootbeer,

Irene:pride

Post subject: Re: New AU Fic: Getting Rid of Wonky Willow
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:19 pm 
5. Willowhand

Well damn. Why are all the fics I like the ones that get abandoned? anyone reading this with the ability to update, do so. Soon. Before another five years passes.

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

Post subject: Re: New AU Fic: Getting Rid of Wonky Willow
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:04 am 
3. Flaming O

This is an amazing story I really wish you would finish it!!!