The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New AU Fic: Getting Rid of Wonky Willow
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:42 pm 
Title: Getting Rid of Wonky Willow (Chapter 1 of ?)

Author name: WannaFriendsBe

Email Address: zanypro@aol.com

Rating: PG-13 to R and maybe even NC-17 in later chapters (I'll always put clear Angst, R or NC-17 warnings beforehand)

Feedback: Yes please! But do be gentle with me this is my first ever fanfic - I prefer feedback here rather than by email.

Distribution: Anywhere is fine - but please let me know first.

Spoilers: Up to somewhere in season six then it's AU onwards

Pairing: W/T obviously, X/A, B/S(sort of?)

Disclaimer: I do not own Willow or Tara or any of the characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer(BtVS) nor am I making any money off them - Joss Whedon, M.E, etc. are the owners - but this story is all mine.

Summary: This story begins just before Willow casts the forget spell on Tara and then it goes AU from there - so it's all good!!!

Note 1: This is my way of consoling myself and rectifying what I see as a great wrong in the BtVS show - I mean how dare they turn my dear sweet, smart, adorable Willow into (shudder) wonky Willow!!!! I mean dark magic junkie Willow? - what a dumb idea... (no offence meant, just my opinion)

Note 2: I'll try to update at least once a week though it may be more times if I decide on shorter updates and hopefully if y'all like this story...":pray"

Note 3: This may sound silly - but please bear with me, I know that quotes of a speaker should be encased in quotation marks("") but for some reason I find it very tiresome to do so - hopefully the story still reads okay without them....

Dedicated to: Amber Benson - such a wonderful, super talented and caring young lady(a lifetime isn't enough to say good things about Amber!). She inspires me to dare to try and achieve my dreams & she has a special place in my heart - and to think I haven't even met her (yet).

This story is also dedicated to Willow and Tara's love - a love as love should be - simply put it's the real deal & oh so caring.

Now on with the story - thoughts are in italics

Chapter 1

Willow watches as her fingers move slowly towards a twig of Lethe's Bramble, then all of a sudden she freezes and feels a chill run down her spine.

Oh God, what am I doing? She glances behind her and sees Tara lying down with her back facing Willow's side of the bed.

Willow Rosenberg what have you done and what are you doing? Do you want to lose Tara - is that it? Tara is right, I'm doing too much magic and worse it's upsetting her.

Oh god! - I was going to use magic on Tara to make her forget our fight - what's wrong with me? The fight was all my fault. How could I say such nasty things to my.....

Willow's head starts to swim with so many thoughts.

Magic makes me feel so special, special enough to be with someone like Tara.... but it upsets Tara so much and it's causing us to fight. Think Willow think - Oh no! I'm all wonky, I've gone all wonky! I need to..... Okay but first I must....

Suddenly Willow turns away from the chest of drawers she's standing next to and rushes over to Tara's side of the bed and kneels down facing her. Tara has her eyes closed.

Tara? Tara, I know you said you're tired and don't want to do this now but....

Tara who is still fuming from their fight and the hurtful things Willow had done and said to her, rolls over and once again faces away from Willow.

Willow's breath hitches and in a shaky voice she says - Tara? Tara please don't turn away from me... she waits but gets nothing, no reaction from Tara. A stricken Willow takes a deep breath and tries again.

Tara? Babe? - Please? I've gotta talk to you...

Tara opens her eyes whilst thinking Babe? Willow has never called me babe before and there's a note in her voice I've never heard before, I just can't quite put my finger on what that tone means...

Willow let's out the breath she was holding when she sees Tara turn and sit up slowly, while fixing the gaze of those beautiful sapphire blue eyes on her quite intently - eyes filled with such mixed emotions.

At this point Willow remembers vividly the horrible things she'd done to Tara, both at Xander and Anya's impromptu engagement party and at the Bronze when they were looking for Dawn. She couldn't believe she was the one who'd been so mean to Tara in the kitchen when Dawn walked in on them fighting. She had also ignored Tara and danced with the newly engaged couple instead and - ugh! the horrible things she'd said to her at the Bronze Rosenberg, you really need to do something - Tara deserves better than this.

Willow feels so ashamed - she can't look Tara in the eyes anymore, so instead she starts to fidget and babble. Er..., Um Tara, did I say I needed to talk to you? Uh well duh of course I did - and thanks for you know, turning back to talk to me - I need to..., I really need to tell you stuff and I'm..... Oh! oh! are you thirsty babe? What with my stopping you from sleeping when you're all tired and everything...(all the while Willow is talking, she flaps her hands about nervously while trying desperately to avoid Tara's eyes) - Shall I get you a drink?

Tara for her own part feels her anger start to seep away only to be replaced by anxiety - She called me babe again - what's up with that? And why is she acting all fidgety and strange?

For the first time since Willow interrupted her 'I want to sleep' act, Tara spoke up and starts to say in a firm voice - Willow, I'm not thirsty and why are you acting so....

Willow interrupts her - you're thirsty babe? You'd like a drink? Okay how about cold orange juice - yes? There's nothing like cold OJ at a time like this - you just stay right here babe and I'll get you some good old OJ.

With that said, Willow jumps off her knees and runs around the bed and through the bedroom door at top speed - leaving a stunned and speechless Tara sat in their bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow flies down the stairs and runs into the kitchen but then skids to an abrupt stop when she finds Giles and Dawn still in the kitchen - much to her surprise.

Dawn was no doubt receiving severe grilling for her escapade that night - what with telling lies about where she was going and ending up parked with a boy who turned out to be a vamp that she eventually had to stake.

Willow sees Dawn giving her an imploring look whilst trying not to let Giles notice. Giles who had looked up from his conversation with a seated Dawn was now staring at Willow with a questioning look and a raised eyebrow.

Willow is quite wary of the Watcher ever since their huge row over the magicks she had used to bring Buffy back from the dead. So she nervously gives him a small apologetic smile, clears her throat slightly and says - Um, er sorry to interrupt Giles, I just need to... she edges herself towards the sink and grabs a glass from the drainer and then heads to the fridge and gets out a jug of OJ.

Whilst she poured out an almost full glass - Willow sensed the Watcher was watchfully watching her every move in exasperation and in her head Willow babbled to herself saying What's with all the alliteration Willow? - Uh oh! I did it again - O-kay it's definitely time to go.

Willow quickly returns the jug of OJ into the fridge, grabs the glass of juice and edges her way carefully around Giles who is still waiting and watching. As she nears the freedom of the kitchen doorway, Willow catches sight of Dawn still giving her imploring looks and she says - Sorry Dawnie, you're on your own - my baby is thirsty!

With that Willow flees from the kitchen, while Dawn gives a little smile over the fact that it seemed all was well with her world again since her two favorite witches weren't fighting anymore - that is of course until she remembered with trepidation and a gulp that a very angry Giles was still looming over her.

Meanwhile in Willow and Tara's room a very perplexed Tara is still sat up in bed twiddling her thumbs anxiously whilst waiting for Willow.

A nervous Willow stands at her bedroom door a few minutes after she had left trying to calm and compose herself. She then walks into the room and tries to speak in a cheery voice. Here's the OJ you wanted Tara, sorry if I took too long - here drink, enjoy, it's good for you....

Rather than argue, Tara holds out her hand and takes the glass - God knows she now needed a drink to calm herself from the anxiety she's feeling due to the weird way Willow was behaving.

Willow settled unto the bed in a sitting position whilst glancing across at Tara with a look that is a mixture of being wistful and thought-filled.

As Tara drinks her orange juice, she watches Willow over the rim of her glass but from behind her eyelashes, trying surreptitiously to read Willow's facial expression.

Tara drains her glass, lowers it from her lips and then gently places it on her bedside table. Then with a look full of resolve and a voice that brooked no argument she says - Willow thanks for the drink, but now could you please tell me what you want to talk about? And no more stalling 'cos you're acting all weird and starting to freak me out!

As Willow opens her mouth to respond, Tara interrupts saying - I mean, I know we had a fight and it really hurt and made me angry...(at this Willow looks down in shame avoiding having to look at Tara)... but this weirdness from you is almost worse continued Tara.

At this last statement, Willow looks up and reaches out to take both of Tara's hands in hers and says in a very sincere voice - Tara, I'm sorry I hurt you and I'm so so sorry I caused us to fight and said such mean things to you. I mean there are better ways for me to.... Look Tara, I really need to talk to you but I have to think first.

Willow releases Tara's hands and then says - Yeah, I've got to think things through first so I can apologise properly and meaningfully and then sort things out from there.... You know what? Maybe I should go look for somewhere now to go think by myself.

To Tara's utter shock - Willow actually starts to get up off the bed - and that was the last straw for Tara. She grabs hold of Willow's hand tight and says - Don't you dare get off this bed Willow Rosenberg, again with the weirdness! You must be joking if you think I'm letting you leave me here to go off God knows where.

I mean, what is this Willow? What are you trying to tell me?

Willow gulps and then sighs - Look Tara, please just trust me - it's important that I think things through and process everything I want to say first. Willow gives Tara a pleading look.

Tara is practically fighting back tears now, Willow was starting to scare her with this weirdness, but she stays strong and hides her trepidation.

Alright fine Willow, you win - I can wait, but you are NOT going anywhere. Fight be damned! - you're gonna stay right here in bed with me where I'm used to having you every night and you're gonna hold me all snuggly-like till we both fall asleep and then tomorrow you're gonna talk to me - got it?

Tara suddenly runs out of steam and says with a little fear in her voice - that is if you want to be here with me?

At this Willow shakes herself out of her dazed and if she was to be honest slightly aroused state at having Tara speak to her in such a take-charge and authoritative manner. Meekly she says - of course I'll stay and want to stay all snuggly with you Tara.

That said, Willow gets under the covers and holds her arms open for Tara, and Tara quickly scoots down further under her side of the sheets whilst moving closer to Willow and resting her head on Willows silk-clad shoulder.

Willow cuddles Tara close resting her cheek on the top of Tara's head, and they stay like that for several moments trying to relax.

Tara feels her earlier tiredness start to take hold again, but before sleep can claim her, she looks up at the redhead and whispers - Willow? - Yes Tara? Willow replies - You promise to hold me all night and not leave me and that tomorrow we'll have our talk? Tara says in an almost childlike voice. I promise Tara, now go to sleep Willow replies trying to sound reassuring.

With that Tara closes her eyes and drifts off to sleep, while Willow stays wide awake reveling in her thoughts and the wonderful smell and feel of Tara in her arms breathing softly and evenly.

TBC.

Questions? Comments? - yes please, feedback would be most appreciated and will help me greatly.

Edited by: maudmac  at: 10/31/03 6:32 pm

Post subject: Re: New AU Fic: Getting Rid of Wonky Willow
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:08 pm 
hey...i love where u r going with this fic...can't wait to see where it actually lands...great job

Aine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:12 pm 
A good start! Great to see Willow realizing whats happening to her instead of ignoring it like of the show. I'd like to see how you continue this.

-michelle

"Love is giving someone the ability to destroy you, and trusting them not to."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:26 am 
I think you have really gotten the whole Wonky Willow thing down, well done.":lol" I like the premise of the story. One thing though, I am not an English professor or anything (duh), but I have read a lot of English books and fic, heh, I must say I prefer the narrative parts to be in the past tense. I don't know how to explain it, but present tense distracts me and takes away the 'reality' of a story for me. I don't know, it just does not allow me to get into it. Maybe because I am not used to it.

I am not asking you to change anything of course, I am just one reader, but I am curious why you chose this style, I think it is more difficult than the 'old fashioned' way.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford Clinic.

--Patsy Stone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:08 am 
Hi Kittens,

Yay! - I got feedback already. Thank you, thank you!!

It means so much to me that so many of you have read this fic already. Being a long time lurker I guess I shouldn't be one to ask for feedback - but I really appreciate it a whole lot though!! And now that I'm all delurked I'll try to do better on the feedback front....

Aine, Spot/Michelle and DrG - thanks for your kind words.

I'll be updating in a matter of days and you'll start to see where I'm going with this story.

DrG - about my tenses, it was kind of a fluke... at some point I noticed I was mixing my tenses and that's just confusing and untidy work - so I had to go back and make corrections - only for me to notice when I was almost done that I had (not deliberately) opted for the present tense. Now I don't know why exactly I ended up choosing present and not past tense but it just happened and it was too late to start all over again - my excuse is I was very tired and quite eager to post my first fic...

I think you just might see changes in my future updates - I'll go read other fics and see what seems to be the majority style.

Thanks for your constructive suggestion DrG and I'm still ":rofl" at your sig!!!

Thanks a million kittens please keep reading and do give me feedback if you can - I'll post in the update thread as soon as chapter 2 is up.

":love" WFB

Post subject: ;0)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:15 am 
Hi! I just wanted to say that I really liked the beginning of this fic, I think its shows great promise. Once I got over the no speech marks thing (interesting quirk by the way!) I thought it flowed well and you've got the characters spot on. Plus I think Wonky Willow is such a cute name! ":lol"

Update soon please!

willowsgirl xx

Post subject: Re: ;0)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:26 pm 
Hi there ":wave"

I loved the beginning of this fic ":applause"

That "forget" moment it's really something that I want to forget, so I think that the place where you started this fic is a very good one ":grin"

I'm curious to see how things will progress ":hmm"

So I'll be anxioulsy waiting for updates ":bounce"

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die.

The in between is mine.

I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Post subject: YAY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:21 pm 
":wave" fixing everything from b4 the spell...":hmm" I knew you were up to greatness from the title! lol, Great Job, I can't wait for the next updatey goodness! ":wink" ":clap" ":bigwave" ":love"

":flower" ~~**Monkey Luv**~~":flower" ":dance"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow: "I'm a breast gal myself...(quieter to Tara) but then again you knew that..." ":drool" ":fallen"

Tara: "Until I realized that was her yummy face"

Willow: "There's something between us. It-it wasn't something I was looking for. It's just powerful."

Edited by: hot monkey luv 66 at: 10/28/03 1:25 pm

Post subject: Re: YAY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:47 pm 
Hi,

What a wonderful idea, to right all the terrible wrongs that Joss created.

Joss ":stink" s

You rock!

The Willow in this fic seems so much more like the Willow we all know & love.

I love take-charge Tara. ":D"

Can't wait to ":read" more.

Keep up the good work

Hugs

Jeanne

----------

Posh flowers make me feel groovy - My niece

Edited by: kindagay at: 10/28/03 1:47 pm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:14 pm 
Of course Willow is smart and wise enough to realize she's about to make a horrible mistake when she grabs that damned forget-thingie. Good thing she now does something with that insight, as opposed to glossing it over with "it's for the best".

Stopping BEFORE an accident/crash has always been preference ":)" .

I can image Willow going over the last couple of months in her mind and finding all she did was wrong or should have been done better. Probably a LOT of thoughts going on in that brain of hers at frightning speed no doubt. It's important that someone tells her it's not ALL her fault, mostly that she has to change the way she handles responsibilities. More delegating of tasks would be good, so what if not everything gets done perfectly... you can not be everywhere at once. And if you can (Willow probably could) you really shouldn't WANT to do that.

Giles is still with them, how interesting... since I have seen little of him in that sad season I imagined him already being in the UK at this time. He sure as heck didn't have any good influence, such a dissappointing stupid way to approach Willow's use of magic. Any parent could have told you that wouldn't work :-) Besides, it was hardly fair... it's not like HE was helping much now was he ? Ah well, maybe that gets fixed too. He could be a good teacher for Willow, if he gets over his own fears first.

Should be interesting to see what happens next, lots of things to change. It would be better for Willow to be far away from Sunnydale and learn to handle magic responsibly in a more controlled environment. Would be not so good for the other scoobs though, unless Buffy kinda wakes up ":)" . I'll avoid my soapbox for now, patiently waiting for the next update....yep patiently...

P.S. The title is a bit scary, I read it likec 'getting rid of Willow' first... not to good ":)"

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Edited by: Grimlock72 at: 10/28/03 2:56 pm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:44 pm 
Hi,":bigwave"

I like the Fic so far...it is interesting where you will be going with this. i am glad you think that wonky Willow story line was a bit too far fetched too!":blush" this is gonna be cool.

But can i ask for a tiny bit of favor if you dont mind?":paranoid"

It is a bit hard to concentrate on the fic when i have to keep going back to make sure what i read was something they said. it would be awesome if you put the character lines in "bracets" . or something like that. that would be great help.

":whistle"

Phoenix":glasses"

~ I live in my own little world, but it's ok...they know me here.~

Post subject: Oh wow!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:57 pm 
Wow oh Wow oh Wow!!! Kittens rock and that's no lie!

Look at all this wonderful feedback and all for me - Yay! I'm doing a mental happy dance ":dance" and I'll do a real one when I stand up from typing this.

I can't believe I only posted this fic yesterday and already so many of you have read it...

I am so happy that it seems you like my fic and are asking for an update - SO I'm putting aside other things and working on putting up Chapter 2 by Thursday(30th Oct,) evening - AND that's a promise!!!

Now to individual feedback:

Willowsgirl - I'm thrilled you like my fic and that you feel I've got the characters spot on - it's really a major point for me to do justice to character traits as closely as possible. As for my quirk, I think it's quirky too & I tend to have many more! But all in all I'm glad the story flowed for you.

Sabina - Thanks a lot - glad you like. I feel exactly the same about the forget spell - for me that was the exact point I felt totally let down by the show - it was such a jarringly wrong character move for Willow IMHO. You will get an update on Thursday as promised - thanks for reading!!

hot monkey luv 66 - Awww - thank you for such kind words and praise - you've really helped to make my day - I'm gonna do my best to ensure my fic is worthy of such kind words.

Kindagay - Jeanne thank you - you're the one who rocks leaving me such lovely feedback and you're correct I'm going to be righting a lot of wrongs I saw in the show. I'm glad you feel I'm writing our true Willow - that's what I aimed for... and oh yeah! I loooove take-charge Tara too and I believe you'll be reading a lot more about her ":D" - afterall, by the beginning of season sux (er... I mean six) Tara had blossomed and was more her true confident self away from the oppressions of her upbringing.

Grimlock72 - Hi Grimmy - I'm so thrilled you gave me feedback!!! I know I'm not the first to say that your feedback is always so detailed and insightful and most important greatly appreciated. I love how you really take time and think and analyse things and in the process you really help the writer. You sure as heck have helped me - you make me think outside of my own box of wants and ideas and in effect I believe it would make my fic have more depth and meaning for all who read it.

Thanks so much for the time you give Grimmy and I don't think you get on a soapbox at all - at least not in a derogatory way - I believe strongly that one should be able to air their views freely on any subject they are passionate about. AND anyone can tell that you're passionate about Willow and so am I !!

From your feedback I think and hope you'll like how I develop this fic. Thanks again.

Eternal Phoenix - Hi Phoenix thanks - I'm so happy you like my fic - I read and love your fic too! And yes I really want to get rid of wonky Willow and give us a true lovable Willow!!

I'm sorry that you found it a bit hard to read without losing concentration. If you read what I wrote in one of the 'Notes' in the introductory part of my post before the actual beginning of the chapter - you'll see that I find it tiresome having to put ("") at the beginning and end of all the numerous character statements. BUT I really want you and all who read to enjoy a good flow to the reading process - so I promise to see what I can do to improve - hmmm - I just may get someone to do that bit for me....

Tempest Duer - Hi and thanks, I'm glad you like! I must have been busy typing when you posted. If you read my reply to Eternal Phoenix you'll see I plan to sort out the quotation marks issue.

Thanks again for leaving me feedback!

So lovely Kittens - expect update on Thurs - I hope you all continue to read and enjoy.

Edited by: Warduke at: 10/28/03 8:02 pm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:28 pm 
Wonky Willow. How cute. I like this fic, and I really like that you're getting rid of that awful forget spell.

There's just one tiny little thing... could you put your dialogue in quotation marks? It's kind of hard to follow what's being said without them.

I believe in the madness called "now."

Post subject: Quotes ""
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:43 am 
Hi,

I did read you found the "" tiresome (I do wonder why btw, being curious as usual :-). I wouldn't mind doing that for you really, just send me the part (email is in my profile) and I'll gladly add those. Won't be much work for me, fast typer here :-)

(and yeah I do use backspace a lot too :-)

Cyaz,

Grimmy ":wave"

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Post subject: Re: Part 1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:44 am 
A very good beginning. You have done a good job of removing 'NotWillow' and replacing her with the real Willow, our Willow.

I agree with Grimmy, it would be a good idea for Willow and Tara to take a trip fomewhere quiet, so Tara can teach her how to use magick safely. While they're away, something happens which makes the rest of the gang finally appreciate how special Willow is.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:53 am 
Hi everyone,

I'll be updating within 10 minutes but first a few more replies:

Grimlock72: Hiya Grimmy - I hope you're over the 'scary' title of this fic - as you can tell I have absolutely no intention of getting rid of wonderful Willow but rather the wonky parts! I mean it's just wrong to even contemplate a world without Willow - who else could there be for Tara to smooch, squeeze and share the steamy scenes I plan to write, with? ":whistle"

Also thanks for the offer to help me with the quotation marks, but as you'll see in the next update I've sorted it out (I've got my very own 'help-with-the-tiresome-parts-of-typing' buddy). I just tend to have weird quirks!!

chilled monkey: Hi there and thank you for leaving feedback. I'm thrilled you like what I've done with Willow and don't you worry I think you're gonna like where I take this fic. Yep, lotsa Willow appreciation on the way.... and I mean that in more ways than one! ":glasses"

Update to follow VERY shortly.

Edited by: WannaFriendsBe at: 11/10/03 5:08 pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:02 pm 
An update is coming!! An update is coming!!

Yay!! ":bounce" ":bounce"

(I'll stop behaving like a five years old now ":blush" )

The in between is mine.

I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Post subject: Update is here people
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:17 pm 
Disclaimers etc. are at beginning of this fic - do read 'em if you haven't already. Thoughts in italics

Chapter 2

The following morning as the light of day started to filter in through the curtains in the room. Willow stirred herself fully awake and blinked several times to clear the drowsiness from her eyes. She had managed to sleep a little last night with Tara nestled by her side.

But it was not a proper deep sleep, for Willow subconsciously had a lot on her mind, hence, she was aware enough of her surroundings to know when morning came.

Willow glanced down at Tara and was relieved to see she was sleeping soundly. Easing herself carefully off the bed she moved to the dresser and grabbed some fresh clothes and quietly headed for the bathroom to freshen up and change out of her silk pajamas.

When finished with that she walked back to the bedroom door, but then hesitated. She was debating whether or not to go leave a note for Tara but was worried about maybe making a noise and waking her up. Willow then got an idea.

She quietly walked to Buffy's room and knocked softly - she figured that if Buffy was awake she'd be able to hear the soft knocks with her slayer-hearing.

On getting no answer Willow opened the door and quietly entered shutting the door gently behind her.

Buffy was sleeping soundly so Willow gently shook her awake by the shoulder.

"Wha? What? - what is it? Buffy said sitting up groggily. Willow? what time is it? Is everything okay? Last night you and Tara had a fight didn't you, is everything okay? - you've sorted it out now right?"

"Wow Buffy - and I thought I was the babbler - that's a lot of questions you want me to answer all at once - I'm sorry I woke you, it's very early and I know you generally prefer to lie-in if there's nothing important to do."

"But Buffy I need you to do something for me. See, Tara and I did have a fight last night and it was all my fault - but I'm gonna fix things."

"Tara is so wonderful you know, and she deserves the best and I'm gonna do the right thing by her - Willow said with great resolve in her voice."

"Okay - good Willow, that's good to hear... so what do you want me to do?"

"Well, I promised Tara I was gonna stay with her all night and that today we would have a talk and really work things out. But I also told her I needed to think things through first..."

"Willow, that's all good but where do I come in?"

"Well it's really important that Tara knows I didn't break my promise - so could you please make sure as soon as Tara wakes up you tell her that I left early to go think and I'll be back sometime this evening so we can have our talk?"

"Sure Willow, I can do that - but how come you're gonna be gone so long. I mean, you sure must have a helluva lot of thinking to do...."

"You're right Buffy I do."

At Buffy's questioning look Willow continued - "Buffy, the thing is I've gone all wonky!"

"Huh?" said Buffy.

"It's true Buffy - I've gone all wonky Willow and I don't like being wonky Willow anymore. I mean I won't go into details of what Tara and I fought about, but it made me realise I need to get rid of wonky Willow!" - Next minute Willow was in full on babble mode...

"Ooh! ooh I know - I'm embarking on operation Getting Rid of Wonky Willow, hee hee the acronym for that is GROWW that's kinda cool it's like spelling 'grow' with two letter Ws - or oh! even better it's like me commanding myself to grow and be mature, you know - 'Grow Willow' - said Willow in a pretend deep commanding voice.... "You do get it don'tcha Buff?" Willow said while chuckling in amusement and a sense of fun at the product of her latest babble.....

That is until she noticed the way Buffy was looking at her with an eyebrow raised in slight consternation.

"Ahem," Willow coughed slightly and said - "sorry Buff I kinda got carried away there..."

Composing herself she continued more seriously. "Buffy believe me, I seriously need to make very important changes so that Tara can be happy. Her happiness is essential, she is essential."

Buffy nods her head.

Feeling encouraged - Willow summons up some more courage and decides to broach a subject she'd been avoiding for too long.

She wiggles a bit more comfortably unto the bed and looks Buffy straight in the eye.

"Buffy - you're my best friend and you're important to me too.... see, ever since we brought you ba... I mean ever since you came back to us, I know it's been kind of difficult for you to adjust."

"But Buffy we're family remember - if we're honest we'll see that it's really time for all of us in this family to sit up and start taking better care of each other... I can't quite explain it but I feel we could all be doing much better, you know?"

All the while Willow was talking - thoughts started swimming around in Buffy's mind, the biggest thought was to do with Spike. Coming back from the dead had affected Buffy in a painful and confusing way and she realised to her shame that she had turned to the wrong place for help....

The thing with Spike was really starting to worry Buffy - at first he'd been great with listening and being nice when in her misery she'd confessed her painful secret of being happy in heaven before her friends brought her back.

But now Buffy mentally shuddered to remember the 'kitten-polka' night and how she'd become drunk. That night Spike had been trying to convince her she was a creature of the dark like him. Also, his unhealthy Buffy-obsession seemed to be resurfacing lately....

How could I be so stupid? Why did I keep going back to Spike as my confidante and would-be-helper when I've got my family to love and help me? - Buffy thought to herself and then said "Oh Willow - you're right I really do know what you mean... and I kinda need to share my troubles 'cos they're really getting me down. We used to share everything didn't we?"

Willow takes hold of Buffy's hand and gives her a warm smile - "yes Buffy we did - and we still can you know."

"I really want things to be good for you - for all of us, continued Willow. I mean things are changing so much - we are all growing up and need to be really responsible.... I mean Xander and Anya are engaged, Dawn is starting to get curious about boys (at that Buffy rolled her eyes and sighed).... You Know what I mean Buff? We are family remember? Let's be there for one another."

Buffy couldn't agree more about the changing and responsibility stuff - she remembered her little talk with Xander on the front porch the night before...

Slowly Buffy started to smile and get teary-eyed at the same time - Willow's words were warming her heart - it was so good to be reminded of the warmth of the bond she had with her best friend. How stupid she'd been - Willow had always been the smart one and she was so loving. Buffy couldn't believe she had not turned to Willow with her troubles. But that's gonna change from now, sure some stuff would be hard to reveal - but when has life ever been easy for us....?

Buffy pulled Willow into a tight hug and said - "I love you Willow, you're the best best-friend in the whole world!"

Willow knew that she and Buffy could say much more to each other right at that moment but she felt a warm happy feeling inside that they both understood each other and knew what they needed to do to continue their beautiful bond of friendship as it should be.

Hugging Buffy back tightly, she said with emotion - "I love you too Buffy - it was horrible when you were gone... but it's all going to be okay now, provided we all do right by each other - yes?"

Buffy pulls back a little and nods her head looking at Willow with a smile.

Willow smiled back happily and said "You're special Buffy and not just because you're the slayer, don't you ever forget that 'K?" Buffy nods again and gives a tiny sniffle - "thanks Willow you're so sweet."

Willow smiled again and got up.

"I have to go now Buffy, but you and I are gonna have a proper best-friend talk real soon to help each other out. Please remember to tell Tara what I said as soon as she wakes up."

"I promise Willow, now you go on and do what you have to do 'K?"

"See ya later Buff" Willow said as she left Buffy's room feeling rather happy while she thought Yep indeedy - today is gonna be a good day with what I have planned.

TBC.

Questions? Comments? - would be greatly appreciated.

Note: Next chapter coming up within about 8 hrs or so and it's going to be slightly angsty with a side of twist!!

Post subject: Re: Update is here people
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:46 pm 
Great update ":applause"

It's so nice to see Willow and Buffy talking properly and being there for each other, like best friends do ":grin"

I'm eagerly waiting the next update ":bounce"

(I'll only read it tomorrow... eight hours from now, it'll be 3 am and at that time I'll be hopefully sleeping like a baby ":grin" )

Angst and a twist... ":hmm"

The in between is mine.

I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:21 pm 
This is a very good story ":clap"

It was good to see Buffy and Willow talking like that. It seems you're not just getting rid of wonky Willow but also wonky Buffy as well. Which is good ":)"

Looking forward to reading more

Anya in a wimple...I'd pay full admission for that. Gods Served And Abandoned - by Antigone Unboundbr /

You know the worst thing about people in a relationship? The fact that they're in a relationship. - Hilda Spellman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:51 pm 
*Willow & Buffy are talking & being all best friend-ly, exactly as it should be.

*Buffy's actually happy ":shock" & regretting turning to Spike.

*& our sweet little Willow is feeling all guilty about leaving before Tara wakes up - Awww, that's the real Willow!

Only the second part of your fic & there's 3 things you've handled 1,000,000 times better than Joss did.

Well done you ":clap" ":applause" . Give yourself a pat on the back. ":)"

I loved Willow's babble about 'GROWW' had me ":rofl" . You do Willow-babble very well!

Can't wait to ":read" more. Looking forward to the talk between Tara & Willow (with make-up smoochies? ":pray" )

Keep up the good work

Hugs

Jeanne

----------

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:35 pm 
Your Willow is just so... Willowy. And she and Buffy are all bestfriends like they're supposed to be. Yay!

I believe in the madness called "now."

Post subject: More Replies
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:54 pm 
OMG! - Thank you! Thank you everyone who has and who is reading and following my fic - you guys are wonderful. It's almost unbelievable the 'viewing' stats I just saw for my fic - I'm so happy and i'm getting such wonderful and helpful feedback too.

An update follows immediately after this - but be warned there shall be some angst.

Sabina: You made me smile with your bouncy emoticons and comments. I'm happy you liked my Willow/Buffy interaction - hope you like the next update when you read it after sleeping like a baby all night. ";)"

And yep, as I've said there shall be angst and a twist or should that be a twist and then some angst....? ":hmm"

justin: Thanks for your kind words - again I'm so happy that I'm getting a good response about the interactions I'm creating - and yeah you could say Buffy is minus any 'M.E.-induced' wonkiness also!! I wouldn't have it any other way in my fic!!! I'm glad you want to read more - updatey goodness on the way.

kindagay/Jeanne: What wonderful, wonderful praise!!! Thank you so much - it means a lot to me that you like my fic and notice how motivated I am to change things for the better.

I particularly was touched by your observation on sweet Willow not being happy leaving Tara before she awoke.

I don't need to pat myself on the back - your praise is reward enough for me!

Glad you loved the humour too and don't you worry there shall be PLENTY of smoochies and I mean 'seriously-drool-worthy' smoochies!! ":D"

Hugs right back at you and oh an update too.

Tempest Duer: Thanks so much for leaving feedback and i'm glad that the Buffy/Willow interaction is a hit for you too. And you just gotta love Willowy ":willow" - she's so adorable ";)"

Thanks again for reading everyone.

Post subject: Update!! (Chapter 3)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:02 am 
Disclaimers etc. are same as before .

BUT this part is rated R because of some angst !!

Thoughts in italics

Chapter 3

Tara stirred slowly awake and the first thing she noticed was that she was alone in bed. Naturally her first waking thought was Willow?

She sat up in bed and ran her fingers through the tresses of her brownish-blonde hair.

Memories of last night came flooding back and she took a deep breath and thought Calm down Tara, Willow promised - sure you're used to waking up to Willow-snuggles but maybe she's in the bathroom...

Tara got out of bed and padded across to open the adjoining bathroom's door, but there was no sign of Willow.

She then walked back into her room to slip her feet into the pair of slippers by the bed.

She grabbed her dressing gown and pulled it on, then she headed for her bedroom door only to open it to come face to face with Buffy who stood there smiling with a mug of coffee in her hand.

"Buffy! - you startled me."

"Sorry Tara, I was just about to knock."

Buffy noticed Tara had a certain troubled look in her eyes and her smile turned into a cheeky grin.

"Missing your early morning witchy lovin' Tara?"

Tara's eyes widened and she started to blush a little, extremely taken aback by Buffy's teasing remark. Then she composed herself and spoke.

"Um Buffy, have you seen Willow? And why are you smiling so much?

"Yep, I've seen Willow and I'm smiling because I bear good tidings for you. Here, I brought you coffee - let's sit." Buffy said as she handed over the mug and walked past Tara into the room.

Intrigued, Tara took the mug of coffee and followed into the room then sat down on the bed next to a now seated Buffy.

"Thanks for the coffee Buffy, but where's Willow?"

"She left really early this morning once it was light out, but not before telling me to tell you she kept her promise to stay with you all night."

Buffy deliberately gave a pause and then continued saying - "She also said she was going off to think and would be back in the evening" finished Buffy with a fold of her arms and a twinkling look in her eye.

Tara narrowed her eyes slightly and said "In the evening? Is that all she said? Buffy, what is going on? - I feel like I've walked into a twilight zone or something - first Willow was acting all strange last night and now you're..."

"Okay, okay Tara, I'm sorry - serious time now. It's just I'm realising for the first time that you're SO fun to tease!

"Buffy!"

"Sorry, sorry - drink your coffee Tara, but honestly that's all Willow told me to tell you. But she also said a lot of other stuff that let me know you guys are gonna be okay after that fight you had last night."

Tara took a sip of coffee and then said "What other stuff? - did she tell you what our fight was about?"

"Oh no, no Tara - that's private and between you guys. But all the other stuff she said makes me know it's all gonna be good."

Tara was getting rather frustrated - "Buffy, throw me a bone here will you? - I'm really worried."

"Tell you what Tara - can I convince you to come make us some lovely pancakes for breakfast and then I'll tell all? It's not only Dawn and Willow that love funny-shaped pancakes you know" said Buffy with a grin and a slight pout.

Tara started to smile back because she sensed a change for the better in Buffy. She'd been wishing they had all been able to understand better how to help Buffy adjust to coming back from the dead. And now it seemed Buffy was opening up and Tara was only too glad to be useful.

Of course she was also dying to know the things Willow had said.... Oh Willow, where are you baby? We're gonna talk and be fine aren't we?

Tara realised she had zoned out a bit and glanced up to see a still smiling Buffy staring at her with a knowing look.

This time she refused to blush and just smiled again at the same moment Buffy reached out to give her hand a comforting pat.

"Willow loves you Tara, it's all gonna work out - I'm really positive about that. Now whaddaya say 'bout those pancakes?"

"Sure Buffy, anything to get you talking - pancakes it is."

With that they both left the room and headed downstairs.

Much later that afternoon, Willow was in the Student Admin Office at UC Sunnydale checking on something she needed to know about semester schedules.

As she was heading out - to her surprise, the administrator on duty who had recognised her handed her a letter. She mentioned it would have been forwarded to Willow's home address except that now Willow had conveniently stopped by the office.

Willow said her thanks and left the office walking out into the bright sunshine. She found a suitable place in the Quad and settled down to read the letter that ended up giving her a huge surprise but also brought a smile to her face.

Next Willow tucked the letter away and headed towards town to go have lunch and several more Mochas to add to the two she'd already drunk earlier that morning.

Meanwhile, at about the same time as Willow was having her lunch. Tara was at home and really beginning to get fretful and restless. She was missing Willow terribly and was also starting to worry all over again.

After her long talk with Buffy over breakfast - she had felt much better on hearing all the things Willow had said and shared with Buffy. The enthusiasm and strength of sincerity she sensed in Buffy had really, really boosted her flagging spirits at having woken up to find Willow wasn't with her.

From all Buffy had said Tara knew she should be optimisitic and not worry so much. But until she got to see Willow and talk to her she wouldn't be happy.

Suddenly Tara stood up from the couch she'd been seating on and went into the kitchen to scribble a note stating her destination - she then stuck it on the fridge.

She knew Buffy and Dawn would probably get back before her and didn't want them to worry. As for Giles she doubted he was gonna turn up anytime soon because Buffy had told her that he'd mentioned going to sort out temporary lodgings for himself.

Thinking of that now - Tara worried again as she had secretly done before about the 'temporary' part of that statement. She really hoped that was Giles just being British and saying in his own way that he would settle for something immediate until he found what he really wanted. Hopefully that was it, rather than the other implication that he wasn't back to stay for good. Tara knew how particularly happy Buffy and Dawn were when he'd returned from England.

Storing those thoughts at the back of her mind for later, Tara headed out the house on the more urgent business of taking a walk to try and soothe her frazzled nerves.

For crying out loud, how's a girl supposed to survive her day minus early morning Willow-snuggles? With the added frustration that Willow's being all cryptic-girl and disappearing-girl on me. - Willow baby, you owe me double doses of snuggle-time and smoochie-time... Tara thought as she zoned off into Willow-land again for the thousandth time that day, whilst in reality her feet carried her in the direction of her and Willow's favorite park.

Willow sat on her favorite park bench with a goofy grin on her face whilst sipping on the Mocha she'd taken with her from the Espresso Pump after she'd finished her lunch.

She was feeling extremely pleased with herself - she was now so sure that all the thinking, planning and processing she'd been doing all day was faultless and fine-tuned to perfection and that she had hit upon the key to getting rid of all Willow-wonkiness forever.

Ladies and gentlemen - I am pleased to announce that Operation GROWW is gonna be a total success. Yay! Go me! Willow babbled in her head whilst doing a mental happy dance. Then she quickly sobered up on her joy just a little bit and thought Right Rosenberg, the next step is to now put operation GROWW into action - just one more quick trip into town and ....

Just then Willow felt a gentle hand on her shoulder - and so engrossed had she been in her thoughts that she leapt off the bench to her feet and whirled around while giving a squeaky shriek of shock and surprise.

"Oz? - my God, you scared the life outta me! Hasn't anyone ever told you not to sneak up on people like that?"

"And besides - what're you doing here? How did you know to find me here? - I wasn't expecting to see you so soon - I thought.... God, just don't sneak up on people like that - especially when said people is me!" Willow babbled on in the aftermath of the fright she'd just received.

Oz just stood there grinning a little at Willow's indignant babble-fest until finally he spoke.

"It's good to see you too Willow" said Oz with an enigmatic smile.

Meanwhile, Tara was seated on the grass quite comfortably underneath a leafy tree that provided a nice cool shady area against the sun.

She'd been seating there thinking for sometime, but finally decided it was time to head home to wait for Willow. Though her walk had calmed her feeling of restlessness a bit, Tara found that her mind was still coming up with more questions than answers.

Only Willow could provide answers to the questions in Tara's heart. So she got up brushed herself down and started to walk through the park in the direction towards home.

As Tara approached the outskirts of the park nearing the parking lot, she happened to glance up and saw a sight that made her heart lurch and sent her world tilting at a wrong angle on it's axis.

"Oh God" said Tara as she focused on a bright red mane of hair she'd recognise anywhere.

But there was something so wrong with the three-dimensional picture Tara's eyes had focused on - and that was the fact that someone with shorter and spikier red hair was walking beside the owner of the red mane. The two people were about hundred metres away with their backs more or less facing Tara as they walked towards a parked four-door truck.

Tara's right hand rose to her throat as she opened her mouth to call out to Willow - but no words came. What is she.... What is he doing here? Why is he here? And why is he with my Willow? Oh God....

Tara stood there, frozen to the spot as she continued to watch as Willow turned her head sideways to look at her companion as though sharing in a conversation as they walked.

Tara's world tilted precariously some more on it's axis when the sound of Willow's cheerful laughter reached her ears - telling her that Willow was happy within that picture that was so wrong to Tara's eyes.

But still she watched immobile as in contrast Willow moved on towards and eventually into the passenger side of the truck.... and then next thing Tara knew she felt as though fear in the form of a hand was squeezing her heart as she watched the truck drive off, leaving her feeling confused, bereft, hurting and wanting all at the same time.

Tara stared at the space where the truck had been parked for several more moments and suddenly the single thought she had before - that she needed to go home to await the answers she needed, was the only coherent thought in Tara's head.

So Tara fled from the park - rushing quite desperately in the direction of home.

TBC.

Questions? Comments? - Are very welcome and appreciated.

Dearest Kittens - sorry this is cliffhanger-y. But for purposes of how I've structured this story it is necessary.

AND please trust me this is INDEED a Willow/Tara fic!!!

Next update within 2 days and there shall be steamy smoochies!!! (of the Willow/Tara variety - naturally!)":D"

Post subject: Re: Update!! (Chapter 3)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:04 am 
Cool story!":clap"

Poor Tara, though...":cry"

I hope things get sorted out soon!! I'm wondering about Oz..":hmm" What is he doing there?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:52 am 
Hi ":wave"

Poor Tara, to see Willow and Oz together... That must have hurt ":sob"

What is Oz doing here anyway? And what does the letter that Willow received say? ":hmm"

So many questions ":bounce"

I guess I'll have to wait for the next update ":cry"

The in between is mine.

I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:28 pm 
Ohh! 2 updates!

Like that Buffy and Willow are talking, not like on the show.

But poor Tara! cant wait for the smoochies!

-michelle

"Love is giving someone the ability to destroy you, and trusting them not to."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:30 am 
Owww two updates ":)"

I've never cared much for Buffy's troubles in season6,she jumped from the tower in season5 and now she's pissed that didn't rid her of her earthly troubles... too bad (besides which, in time between s5 and s6 she dumped those troubles onto mostly Willow, not nice). She indeed should have gone to some scooby to explain her troubles, going to Spike is the easy way out.

I really had to laugh at Willow's GROWW bable, can really see her do that. No idea what her plan is yet, but knowing Willow she'll plan it to the second ":)"

It's dissappointing to see Tara's faith in Willow so easily being shaken just by seeing Oz. I figured she would be over that particulair problem after _Tough Love_ at least, assuming they talked that one over... never shown on TV but I assume they did. Just seeing Willow get in Oz's car and Tara thinks she's going back to boystown or something.... very dissappointing.

Heh, Willow's response to Oz kinda sneaking up to her was neat too ":)"

Have a bit more faith Tara and just WAIT for Willow to come to see you in the evening.

Grimmy

--

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:43 pm 
Don't leave it there with Tara all confused & hurting!

I know, I know, cliffhangers are necessary, but unhappy Tara is not a good thing. ":tear"

Ok, I'm past being upset about the cliffhanger, but only 'cos I know you'll handle & fix the situation wonderfully. Oh, & also because smoochies were promised in the next part. ":D"

This chapter, like the others was great. I liked the interaction between Tara & Buffy, and it's so refreshing to see a happy s6 Buffy.

Willow's little babble-fest when Oz startled her was both accurate & funny ":laugh"

I'm curious to know what Willow's letter was about & I'm definitely looking forward to the promised smoochies! ":grin"

Update soon ":pray"

Hugs

Jeanne

----------

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:47 pm 
That was a great update.

That was poor timing on Tara's part to see Willow and Oz together. Hopefully she'll wait to hear what Willow's eplanation is. I assume that Willow has a good explanation.

Looking forward to reading more.

Anya in a wimple...I'd pay full admission for that. Gods Served And Abandoned - by Antigone Unboundbr /

You know the worst thing about people in a relationship? The fact that they're in a relationship. - Hilda Spellman