The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Fanfic - How I Met Your Mother (UPDATED: May 26, 2012)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:40 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Title: How I met your mother*
Author: Ariel
Email: blaziak@yahoo.com
Rating: PG for a few naughty words, will change rating for later chapters
Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, but I love to take them for a ride!
Summary: A/U before season 1, the summer after Willow's freshman year with an appearance by Xander and a large dose of Queen Cordelia at her bitchy best.

*no connection to the sit-com of the same name

Thoughts are in italics.

It was the last day of her freshman year at Sunnydale High. Willow Rosenberg stood on the outdoor steps, clutching a picture of her best friend and not-so-secret crush, Xander Harris, in her rapidly dampening hand.

I know he’ll sign the back and maybe he’ll write something special. Maybe he really likes me but he’s too shy. Who are you kidding? The first and last time he kissed you was on a dare when he was six years old! But I love him. He’s the only boy I can even talk to and he’s--

Willow!” Suddenly Xander jumped past two steps to land next to her, clearly excited. “I got it! I’m the new burger boy at, uh Burger Boy!”

“That’s great, Xander!” She gave him a big hug, knowing that money was tight and that this job meant a lot to him.

“What about you, Wills?”

She tried to match his excitement. “Uh, I got that junior counselor job at sleepaway camp. A whole month.” Then she tipped her head up to look into his eyes. “Xander?”

“Uh huh.”

“I’m going to be gone a whole month.”

“Yeah?”

“I mean, I’ll miss you a lot. And I have your picture here, see? And maybe you want to write something on the back. No big deal, just maybe because you’ll miss me a little. A little little, not a lot little but maybe you’ll write, ‘To Willow. I miss you’.” Her face burned but she had promised herself to go through with it. “And maybe you’ll sign it ‘love, Xander’.”

Then time seemed to freeze with her anxious green eyes staring into his confused brown eyes.

Suddenly a bored voice cut into the moment. “Hel-lo, Nerd gathering!” Cordelia Chase, the meanest and the most popular girl at school was stuck behind them with her crowd. “Clear the path!”

Cordelia’s boyfriend, Derek, joined in. “You ought to wear a traffic cone on your head, Rosenberg. Then we could see you coming and head the other way!”

The crowd laughed and prepared to move on, but Cordelia stopped and smiled at Willow, looking her up and down. “Yeah. A traffic cone would go great with your outfit!”

Willow grimaced. Wearing her mom’s choice of a bright orange summer dress with white polka dots and matching white tights was the worst ever. She flushed. This was it, total war. Cordelia was finally going to get it!

As if sensing her decision, Cordelia waited, an amused smile on her perfectly lipsticked mouth.

Willow’s voice squeaked, “you’re mean, Cordelia!”

Cordelia placed her hand dramatically over her heart. “Oh, gosh that hurt,” she said drily, then raked Willow’s slender form up and down with her merciless gaze. “Witty and pretty. No wonder you’re such a guy magnet, Rosenberg!”

“Well, at least I have a job!”

“Right. Junior counselor at Camp Ookee Pookee or something, wiping noses and stringing macaroni.” She smiled sweetly. “Actually, Willow, that’s perfect for you. I, on the other hand, will be employed at an exclusive resort where they don’t even take your kind.”

Willow was furious, “you mean a Jew?”

“I mean a joke.”

Cordelia looked at the laughing crowd and continued. “Well, at least you’re a funny one!”

The crowd pushed past. Xander and Willow watched them go. Then Xander threw a brotherly arm around Willow’s shoulder and gave her a squeeze. Next he silently took the picture, wrote everything she had asked for on the back and handed it to her.

“You know I like you, Wills. You’re my best friend.” He looked sadly at her then walked slowly down the steps.

Willow took a deep, shuddering breath and felt the tears pricking in her eyes.

A moment later Cordelia honked and waved at Willow from her sports car, clearly enjoying the smaller girl’s recent humiliation. Then she drove off smirking, her license plate reading ‘Queen C.’

At that moment Willow hated Xander Harris, hated herself, and hated Cordelia most of all. She lifted her head and took another deep breath, finally managing a shaky but determined smile.

Well, here’s one good thing about my new job: no Cordelia!

Last edited by Ariel on Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 58 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fanfic - How I met your mother
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:07 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Awesome, love how you've started!
Poor Willow :') She was the collest person on the show aswell!
Looking forward to more :).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:07 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Aw...poor sad freshman year Willow. I'm really hoping Tara will be another counselor at the camp! And that Cordelia. Urgh...Her license plate should say Queen B not Queen C. Such. A. Bitch.

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:13 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey Ariel!

I really love "early" Willow on the show.. I like to see the development of character as time goes on (nerd alert, I know :blush ) So I am really looking forward to this fic and where you're taking it!

You're writing style is flawless and very easy to read. Hope to see more soon!

P.S. I totally hated Xander in the early days... It was hard to do so because he was given some great one-liners, but his total disregard and obliviousness to Willow's feelings and insecurities really grated on my nerves... Boo on him. BUT, I know there's a Tara out there waiting for her Willow, so it makes the hate a little less...

Patiently waiting :peace

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:10 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi Ariel,

A nice beginning, I like it. I've been rewatching season one lately and your characters are spot on.

btw - what happened to your last fic, I can't see it on Pens?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:04 pm 
3. Flaming O

yay! I love camp stories! XD nice start, I cannot wait to see what happens next!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:36 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
I really like the beginning to this story Ariel, you seem to have the characters all correct in voice and it is so different with Buffy not being around. Can't wait to read the rest of this story. Oh and interestring that you suggest Cordelia may be bigoted as well. :wtkiss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:48 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Aww, what a cool start. Very good characterizations.

And don't worry Willow, you'll soon learn your 'crush' on Xander is nothing but misplaced friendship and the love of your life is a very pretty blonde girl whose name begins with 'T'!!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:17 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

KioNewgo: Willow's coolness is a fact of life! Thanks for writing and sending a word from lovely Liverpool!

LonelyTara: Nice jab on Cordelia's license plate changing from Queen C to Queen B for bitch; I'll suggest the change to her! ;o)

Cyteach: "Flawless writing" - you're scaring me girlfriend, because I'm a lot better at dialogue than exposition. But I promise you a nerd fest with the golden proportion and fibonacci numbers.

Wayland: Thanks for comment on character accuracy. I owe it to BeMyDeputy who put me on to the show scripts which really helps! To answer your question, check out livejournal under Arianillyn for "Sparring Partners."

lonelylanding: I love camp stories, too. Hey, feel free to PM or e-mail with comments and suggestions; that goes for everyone. Ideas and help will be credited.

willowtaralover: Thanks for the compliment on character voice, believe me I'm working on it; thanks for other kind words on other fics, too! ;o)

Laragh: Great advice! Let's get Willow on the phone so you can smarten her up lol! Thanks for reading and taking the time to post feedback!

Okay, fasten your seatbelts as our story continues . . . it'll post in just a few minutes!

Rating: PG for a single naughty word, uttered by Willow. Will change rating for later chapters
Summary: A/U before season 1, the summer after Willow's freshman year with a large dose of Queen Cordelia at her bitchy best and a blonde beauty who shall remain nameless. (How's that for suspense!)

Thoughts are in italics.

Part 2: A new 'best friend'

Willow tried not to feel disappointed riding alone on the Greyhound bus to camp. In every camp movie she’d ever seen a bunch of yelling kids climbed aboard the bus and laughed and sang their way to camp.

But this is different. You’re one of the counselors.

She twisted her fingers nervously in her lap. She had done a little babysitting but this was a lot more kids and a lot more responsibility. The only good part was that she would be in charge of the computer lab, helping kids use e-mail for a few hours a week.

She checked her acceptance letter for the hundredth time, squinting against the glare of the morning sun. Counselors arrived Saturday for lunch and the kids would arrive late afternoon on Monday. Last night the Camp Director had called and confirmed the bus route and told her to call from the station so that someone could drive out to pick her up.

Here at last! Way early, too, it’s not even eight yet.

She looked quickly over the small town bus stop. She and an elderly woman were the only two passengers getting off. She got her suitcase and headed for the payphone. A moment later she fished the phone number and some change out of her pocket and dialed the camp office. The phone was answered on the first ring.

“Hello. Camp Pine Ridge.”

“Uh, this is me, I mean I’m here. Willow Rosenberg. I’m Willow Rosenberg, a junior counselor.”

She heard a most unprofessional gasp on the other end of the line before the phone went dead in her hand.

What’s wrong with the phone? Glad I brought extra change.

Willow tried again. “Hello. I’m a junior counselor, I need to be—“

The phone went dead.

She made two more attempts before running out of money but was never able to reach anyone before the phone disconnected. Finally she put on her ‘resolve face’ and asked directions from the man behind the counter at the bus stop.

“Not to worry, young lady, not to worry! Just three miles straight down the road and you’ll see the sign on your right. A quarter mile or so down the dirt road and you’ll see the camp. Can’t miss it!

She thanked him, grabbed her heavy suitcase, and started walking towards camp. Her long red hair clung damply to the back of her t-shirt and she wished for the thousandth time that she had the nerve to defy her mother and cut it.

It was a dusty, hot, long three miles but she finally made it.

She stood at the end of the dirt driveway and wiped the sweat from her face, trying to straighten up before meeting her very first boss.

Suddenly a car sped towards her. Willow flung herself to the side of the road as it flew past. Then the driver slammed on the brakes and the car skidded to a stop a few feet away, covering her with dust. An instant later Willow heard a car door slam and Cordelia Chase emerged from the cloud of dust.

Willow stood there, stunned. Is this a nightmare? Have I died and gone to Hell?

“Oh darn! Willow I am so sorry. I picked up the phone and was rushing to get you but a thousand things just got in the way of that very important mission.”

Willow felt herself finally boiling over.

“Cordelia, you are an A-1, first class, unbelievable BITCH!” She glared at Cordelia who was smiling broadly and looking over Willow’s shoulder.

“Are you Willow Rosenberg?”

Willow spun around and came face to face with an older woman in khaki shorts and a camp T-shirt.

With my luck she’s the camp director.

“I’m Doris Finch, the camp director.”

Willow winced.

The director continued sternly, “bad language and a negative attitude are completely unacceptable here. We need to give these girls a home away from home and we have to work as a team to do that.”

“Oh,” Willow said anxiously. “I mean, I’m all with the happy attitude and team thing-y.” She tried to smile.

Cordelia stepped forward, putting an arm around Willow and smiling at the director.

“Don’t be too hard on her Mrs. Finch,” she said sweetly. “I accidentally delayed picking her up and she was angry. Anyone would be. In fact, Willow and I are best friends and she promised to help me get things ready.”

Willow wondered if she had gotten heat stroke and had become delusional since it was physiologically impossible for Cordelia to be nice to her.

Mrs. Finch’s face softened. “Well, then let’s just forget it and make sure it never happens again.” She gave Willow a brief smile, but her gray eyes held an unmistakable warning not to repeat the mistake. “I was going to give you time off until after lunch so I appreciate you stepping up to the plate this way and helping Cordelia with the horses.”

“Horses,” Willow said weakly, but the director was walking away.

Cordelia smirked; making sure the director was out of earshot before continuing. “That’s right, nerd girl. Happy horse time.”

Willow’s face went white and her voice got squeaky. “But Cordelia, you know how I feel about horses!”

“Yeah I actually went to your birthday pony party; I’m still paying the black-mailer to keep that a secret!” She shivered with disgust.

“I don’t want the horses to, uh, eat me.”

Cordelia rolled her eyes. “Not to worry. I’ll handle the front end, you’ve got the back.”

Cordelia was as good as her word. Willow spent the next three hours cleaning empty stalls and shoveling horse manure into a wheelbarrow then dumping each load near the vegetable garden. She messed up her shoes, hurt her back, and blistered her hands. Cordelia meanwhile inspected tack, checked each horse, and remained immaculately dressed.

Finally the lunch bell rang and Willow laid her rake against the wheelbarrow with a sigh of exhaustion.

Cordelia wrinkled her nose. “You need a shower, Willow, like desperately!”

Willow simply stood there, dazed and aching.

Cordelia snapped her fingers in Willow’s face. “Yoo-hoo, loser girl! It’s that trick with the soap and the water, combined for maximum effectiveness.” She pointed to a white building. “Bathrooms and showers over there. See you at lunch. And, oh Willow.”

“Yeah?”

“Don’t sit too close!” Then Cordelia turned gracefully and walked away.

Willow rushed into the dining hall, almost twenty minutes late, and earned a sharp look from the Camp Director, who cleared her throat.

“Now that we’re all together,” she gave Willow another pointed glance, “let me welcome everyone to Camp Pine ridge and four weeks of outdoor fun for girls aged 7 through 12. Enjoy your lunch and expect to heave ho on your work detail now that you’ve had time to rest.

Willow slumped in defeat while Cordelia smirked at her and pantomimed shoveling.

Lunch was a simple sandwich buffet with chips, fresh fruit, milk, and juice. She chewed as slowly as she could, but before she knew it, it was time to go back to work.

Willow bent double, straining to lift the wheelbarrow with its heavy load of manure.

She tried to straighten up and couldn’t quite pull it off. At the end of another two hours with Cordelia, she had popped the morning’s blisters, created new ones, and damaged her back. She groaned.

This job is like prison only not as much fun!

Cordelia approached from behind as quietly as possible, mounted on Midnight, the black gelding. She knew Willow was terrified of horses and couldn’t resist giving her a good scare.

Willow was still bent over when a big hot breath blasted her backside. She whirled around and was eye-ball to eye-ball with a horse.

Willow screamed a pure high shriek of absolute terror. The frightened horse reared suddenly, spun around to flee, and flung Cordelia off. She slammed hard against the stable floor and Willow heard an audible snap.

Cordelia grimaced, white faced with pain. “You psycho! Almost killed me! Move, loser! Get help!”

Willow sprinted to the nurse’s office.

The nurse advised them that a doctor’s care was needed and Mrs. Finch requested that Willow ride along with her to provide additional help as needed. The right to the local hospital was silent. After reading the X-rays, the doctor confirmed that Cordelia’s ankle was broken. Next he commented that Cordelia was actually quite lucky; it was a hairline fracture and the bone had not completely cracked. He prescribed a tight wrap for her ankle, crutches, as well as some medication. He stated that a few days off her feet would heal the injury, but that riding would not be advisable for at least a couple of weeks. Willow stayed outside the examination room, feeling terrible about frightening the horse.

Mrs. Finch sat next to Cordelia and gave the girl’s shoulder a pat.

“So sorry you were hurt, Cordelia. Please stay at camp with us for as long as you need to recover. It’s too bad that we won’t have the chance to work together.”

“What! You mean that screaming psycho-loony just cost me my job!”

Mrs. Finch was clearly not pleased with Cordelia’s outburst, but she was determined to make allowances.

“You can’t walk without crutches and you certainly can’t ride. I’m very sorry.”

“But it’s her fault! She scared the horse!”

“What matters is your health. We can’t have you risking further injury. Shall we call your parents to come get you?”

“My parents!” Cordelia gave a short laugh. “They’re in Belize, there’s nowhere to go.” She paused for a moment, thinking it over, and she widened her eyes to a look of helpless innocence. “Please let me stay.”

The director thought for a minute, then smiled.

“Let’s see. We actually need a junior counselor since Rebecca Allen is going, poor girl’s homesick. So you can work as a JC and then help Mrs. Gidden with the crafts program.”

She called Willow inside the room. “Please help me get Cordelia back to camp and settled in the Infirmary. Get her anything she needs, I’ve got to get on the phone immediately to find a new riding program leader!”

The ride back was silent as well.

Willow helped Cordelia into her bed in the Infirmary and sat down beside Cordelia, who turned her head away.

“I’m sorry, Cordelia. I didn’t mean to scare—“

“Shut up!”

“What?”

“Just shut up and get out!”

Willow rose slowly to her feet and started to go.

“One more thing.” Cordelia’s eyes narrowed and Willow felt a chill as Cordelia glared at her. “You’re number one on my loser list and I’m going to get even with you if it’s the last thing I do!”

Last edited by Ariel on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:29 pm 

Dibs! Okay, so lol for the next chapter's title. I am afraid of what that mean, mean, Cordelia will do! I have to say, I'm hating the camp management so far. I mean, really, how clueless do these folks have to be not to see that Cordelia is totally a cruel bully? Poor Willow, slogging all the way to camp and then dealing with horse crap. :(

Now, I'm assuming that Tara is going to be the replacement riding instructor, so woo and hoo for that. I hope you'll update soon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:56 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Great update, Ariel!

So, I hate Cordelia, and I hate the stupid camp director lady... and I hate... nope, that's it for now with the hating...

I have a funny feeling about where this "I'm going to get you back" business is going with Cordelia.. bitch.. sorry, thought I was done with the hating ;-)

I'm excited to see how Tara comes in and how they all get along... I love the story idea and I'm loving the next update's chapter...

More soon?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:16 am 
3. Flaming O

man... I'm really hoping that somebody punches Cordy in the face, though Willow and Tara are not very violent. Nice update, I like the way that you have written the camp directors character, now there's two that get to go down! X) Oh and I'm loving the speedy updates!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:25 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

LonelyTara - Dang, you're good! No chance of keeping Tara a secret with you on the trail! And a woo-hoo to you, too!

Cyteach - Your comment had me laugh at loud. :lol I'm interested to see if Cordelia's vengeance is what you think it will be; time will tell . . .

lonelylanding - Like the way you stick up for our girls! Things will get better and in a later posting Tara will take the situation with Cordelia into her own hands.

Thanks for the feedback, it's golden!

Rating: R for nudity, will change rating for later chapters
Summary: A/U before season 1, the summer after Willow's freshman year with a large dose of Queen Cordelia at her bitchy best and teen-aged angst.

Thoughts are in italics.

Part 3: The Riding Instructor

Dinner had been quiet. Everyone felt badly about Cordelia’s injury while Cordelia continued doing everything she could do to return as the riding program leader.

“I mean,” she went on, “if the new girl does a bad job. If she just can’t handle it then maybe I could be the lead and she could be my assistant.”

Mrs. Finch was beginning to lose patience. “Cordelia, give the new girl a chance! If, and only if, she can’t do the work, we’ll consider giving you the job back. Of course that’s only if you recover sufficiently and are ready to return.”

Cordelia’s dark eyes flashed. “Don’t worry, I’ll be ready!”

Willow grimaced. She could see the wheels turning in Cordelia’s mind and already felt sorry for the new girl.

I hope she’s some kind of amazon goddess because Cordelia’s out for blood!

A moment later the screen door was pushed slowly open and a blond girl entered, wearing well worn cowboy boots, jeans, and a faded blue work shirt. She had long hair that reached down to her hips and carried an old army duffle bag slung over her shoulder. She ducked her head shyly when she saw everyone watching her. Then she paused for an instant, as if gathering her courage, and walked further into the room.

Mrs. Finch smiled warmly and nodded at the girl. “I’m Doris Finch, we spoke on the phone. We’re glad that you could come on such short notice.”

The girl dropped her eyes for a moment, but managed a smile as she reached out to shake hands. “I’m T-Tara, Tara Maclay.”

Cordelia stood, swiftly clasping the blonde’s hand. “Tuh-tara?” That’s a very interesting name!” She giggled and a couple of girls joined in.

Tara’s face flushed. “It’s Tara.”

“I’m sorry,” Cordelia said, eying Tara scornfully for an instant before re-applying her sweetest smile. “I must have misunderstood you. I mean it’s not possible that you couldn’t even say your own name. Is it?”

Tara jerked back as if she’d been slapped.

The director cut in. “Cordelia, that’s inappropriate. Apologize to Tara!”

Cordelia’s eyes widened in dismay. “I’m so sorry, Tara. It was just a joke, but Mrs. Finch is right. I shouldn’t have made fun of your handicap.” Cordelia rubbed one eye daintily as if struggling to hold back tears then addressed the room. “Between my injury and the pain pills I’m just not myself right now.” She gestured to include everyone. “So I really want to apologize to Tara and ask everyone to treat her just like she’s really part of the team here.”

Tara’s stood stiffly, struggling to regain her composure.

Willow winced in sympathy, “poor kid.”

Suddenly Tara turned toward Willow and her blue eyes glared into Willow’s green ones.

Willow blushed. I didn’t mean to say that out loud!

Tara straightened to her full height. Her hands were clenched into fists, but Willow was the only one who noticed that they were trembling.

“I’m gl-glad to be here. I’ll w-work hard and d-do my best.”

Mrs. Finch smiled somewhat cautiously. “I’m sure you’ll be fine. Are you hungry?”

“No thank-you.” Tara spoke with painful care. “I had something on the way. I think I’ll s-sit on the porch outside and get some fresh air.”

“That’s fine, Tara. Everyone, finish eating and we’ll call it a night.”

People set their dishes on the counter and separated into groups to enjoy their last night without campers. Tara’s entrance was animatedly discussed.

Willow hated to see Tara being treated so badly and was determined to find her and apologize for the misunderstanding, but Cordelia was already on the porch with the new girl.

She was slowly looking Tara up and down with every one of her teeth showing in her smile. She had an unerring eye for weakness and she sensed Tara wasn’t the type to tell on her. Still, she had blundered in front of the director and knew that she would need to be more careful. She looked around, no one but Willow and she’s no threat! She turned back to Tara.

“Gosh, Tara. I love your outfit and that classy luggage, too! The Salvation Army must have had a storewide sale!”

Tara took a deep breath and managed to keep her expression neutral.

“I need to rest for half an hour so let me know when you have a sentence ready.”

That one hurt. Tara felt herself shaking and bit her lip.

Cordelia saw that she had scored a direct hit and her laughter trilled after her as she headed towards the cabin. That loser is as good as gone!

Willow reached to pat Tara’s arm, but Tara whirled around to face her. “G-go ahead! L-laugh! I d-do stuh-stutter!”

“No. I didn’t--”

“But I’m n-not 'poor' and we d-don’t take charity. I’ll work for everything I get!”

Willow stared helplessly back at her, unsure of what to say.

“There you two are!” Mrs. Finch walked up and put a hand on each girl’s shoulder. “Willow, your senior counselor still hasn’t checked in so there’s a spare bed already made up in your cabin.”

She turned to Tara. “Follow Willow, you’ll be spending tonight with her. Goodnight, girls.”

Tara looked back at Willow and Willow looked back at Tara.

Willow gave a small, nervous smile before taking a deep breath and plunging into the heart of the matter.

“I think that this is one of those awkward moments. You know, stiff silence, bristle-y angry and all ultra grouchy. Not sure what’s next because I sort of think you’re nice and I don’t want to not like you. But if you’re dead set on hating me then we could have a cat fight; of course I’ve never really fought a cat. Um, that was actually a joke that uh nobody’s laughing at, but we could pull each other’s hair or we could do a Cordelia and insult each other’s clothes.” Willow paused for breath.

Tara’s crooked smile started small then flashed across her face like a sunrise during Willow’s monologue. She laughed then formed a cross with her fingers as if to ward off evil. “No Cordelia!”

Willow grinned back, raising an imaginary glass. “I’ll drink to that!”

Tara giggled and raised her own imaginary glass to clink with Willow’s. “To a Cordelia-free zone!”

Then they paused, blue eyes meeting green eyes as Tara reached out to shake hands.

Willow took Tara’s hand, feeling a tingling jolt of electricity go through her body. She gave a small gasp and noticed that Tara’s lips were parted, too. Willow squirmed, she wasn’t sure why, but she felt funny inside.

Then they grinned at each other like idiots, linked arms, and walked together towards their cabin. The cabin was a rectangle, with the door one end. They entered a small room with two metal framed cots, each with a matress and bed linen, a door led from their room into the main cabin where the girls' bunk beds were set up.

Willow smiled, "So it's a little bit private, kind of. But the door doesn't lock, fire code stuff, and they walk through our room if they need to go to the bathroom or something.

"W-well at l-least we can talk if we need to and we have our own r-room."

Willow pointed out the two camp beds. “I was in this one last night, but I don’t care. I mean, you know, we could switch.”

Tara smiled. “It’s fine, W-willow. I’ll take the other one.” She set her duffel bag in a convenient corner and sat down. “So wh-what did I miss?”

Willow grinned ruefully. “The exact same things that I missed. We’ll get a crash course in orientation tomorrow morning at 6:00 a.m., just you me and Cordelia.”

Tara rolled her eyes and Willow giggled.

“Hey, Tara, a little sympathy here. I actually grew up with her!”

Tara gave her a teasing grin, “oh you poor kid!” Then she pulled off her shirt and bra matter-of-factly.

Willow stared. Tara had real breasts. Tara caught her looking.

“Wh-what are you l-looking at?”

Willow froze. Absolutely no plausible lie came to mind.

“Uh, well, I’ve still got a training bra and my breasts don’t seem to want to be trained. I mean they don’t sit up, they just lay down. I mean they just stay down, flat as a pancake. I don’t even know if I have breasts. Whenever we have square dancing and they need a boy they pick me. I don’t even have a regular period yet. I’ve researched all the hormone-y happening stuff, but I think there must be something wrong here. And I’m sorry I was looking. You probably think I’m all pervy-girl but seeing yours might be the closest I come to real breasts since my body doesn’t seem to want to grow any!”

Willow slumped to a sitting position on her bed, still blushing furiously.

At least I won’t cry. I think the heat in my face has dried up my tear ducts!

A moment later Tara sat next to her and put an arm around her shoulder.

“Hey,” Tara said gently, “cheer up. You j-just need to take the breast tests. There’s two of them. M-my cousin Beth sh-showed me.”

“The breast tests?” Willow smiled hopefully. She had a straight-A average and was a great test-taker. “What do I do? Can I study?”

“W-well. First you lay flat on the table without your bra or shirt.”

Willow peeled off her shirt and bra and climbed up on the table, then laid flat.

“Now lay c-completely flat on the table with your breasts pressed right into it.”

Willow obeyed. “Ouch, that hurts!”

“That’s it!” Tara said triumphantly, “it only hurts if you have real breasts!”

“Really?” Willow pressed even harder, it definitely hurt and she was thrilled.

“Th-that’s it! You’re totally in the girl club!”

Willow jumped off the table and ran over to give Tara a big hug then skidded to a stop. “You’re not just saying that are you?” She felt a tear pricking in her right eye and rubbed at it, hoping Tara didn’t see how much it meant.

Tara looked seriously at Willow’s body. “Y-your waist goes in, y-you’re s-soft up top, and you have g-gorgeous green eyes in a beautiful girl face.” Tara blushed, then swallowed. “Y-you’re beautiful all over, W-willow and I’m n-not just s-saying that.”

Willow paused, something had changed. She ran her hands wonderingly over her breasts and along her waist and drew a deep, quivering breath. She looked back at Tara and felt a singing inside her body, a joy in who she was and how she looked. She looked again into those incredibly intense blue eyes and she could see it. Tara really did think that she was beautiful and that she was a woman. She blushed and knew that there would be times when this insight faded, when she would feel insecure again but she also knew that she would hold that look in Tara’s eyes forever, like a talisman she could touch when she felt skinny and ugly.

Then test-passing Willow re-emerged and she literally jumped for joy and gave Tara a big hug. “You’re the best friend in the whole wide world!” She stepped back. “Can we do the second test? I mean, I’m on a roll here!”

Tara smiled. “Sure. It’s the hot test to see if you have g-girl breasts or woman breasts.”

Willow looked down at herself, but she was smiling instead of sad. “I think we already know the answer to that question.”

“No, it’s not about s-size it’s about h-hotness.”

“Hotness? Farenheit or Celsius?” Willow blushed to the roots of her hair. “Geek moment, never mind! So what do we do?”

“Well, you take your finger and dr-draw a circle around your nipple. If it st-stays the same then y-you’re a kid. If it g-goes p-pointy it means you’re getting h-hot and if it g-goes pointy and you get t-tingly then it m-means y-you’re ready to m-make out.”

Willow and Tara’s eyes met.

Willow spoke first. “Don’t look, I mean, I’d feel so dumb if you were and I wasn’t. Can we shut our eyes?”

“We have to look to see w-what happens.”

At almost the same time their eyes brightened and they both said, “back to back!”

Tara pulled off her shirt again and they sat back to back on Tara’s bed, leaning against each other.

Willow moved her back over to line up better with Tara’s and felt the softness of Tara’s skin sliding against hers. She wiggled to get closer, loving the warmth between their bodies. “Ready?”

“Ready.”

Willow got her index finger ready to encircle her nipple and looked down. “Hey, Tara?”

“Yeah?”

Willow’s voice was triumphant. “I didn’t even touch it and I’m all with the pinky pointy thing.”

“See! I told you.” Tara’s voice was soft and Willow guessed she was bent over, hiding behind her hair. “M-me too only I’m kind of a m-more brown-y pointy thing.”

“Mmm. Chocolate.” O, god did I actually say that out loud?

Suddenly both girls jumped up, red faced.

Within seconds Tara had thrown on a tank top and a pair of old track shorts and flung herself into bed.

Willow meanwhile dug out the new flannel pajamas her Mom had surprised her with. They had pictures of the cartoon dog, Scooby-Doo, and Willow thought she would just about die of embarrassment.

Last edited by Ariel on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:49 am 

Early morning dibs! Okay, so, great description of Tara:

Quote:
A moment later the screen door was pushed slowly open and a blond girl entered, wearing well worn cowboy boots, jeans, and a faded blue work shirt. She had long hair that reached down to her hips and carried an old army duffle bag slung over her shoulder.

Yowza.

Willow and Tara recovered from their misunderstanding rather quickly, LOL and *wink*.

Are those real tests (LOL) or was Tara just looking for an excuse to say breasts over and over and check Willow out?! :D

PS--Cordelia is still a huge, huge bitch and I hope she'll get caught at it and get thrown out of camp. Bitchy bitch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am 
3. Flaming O

:sheep :rofl :blush :shock :thud :bow that has got to be the funniest thing i have read in a long time... i laughed so hard i fell off my bed (i really did)

i could so see this happening. willow gets so caught up in it because of it being tests and her being all with the scientific experiments (because of her self-proclaimed geekness). a very unique and fresh approach to getting them toppless... *giggles while blushing* :blush :blush :blush :lmao :lmao :lmao

i will be hovering, and waiting with bated breath to see where the story goes.

Please, Please, Please update soon :pray :pray :pray i love this story. :balloons :luv2 :dance :bow

:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Wow, Cordelia is a massive bitch, I have a feeling she is really gonna get to me in this story. It was so mean when she made fun of Tara's stutter. I don't care that she was just in an accident (which she basically caused) the director should not be letting her get away with that.

I loved Tara's introduction. And I'm glad the girls were able to patch up their little misunderstanding.

The breast test? That was absolutely adorable. Poor Willow, feeling all insecure, but Tara the rescue!

Can't wait for the next update,

Laura.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
-Anon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:07 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Oh wow! I'm really loving this story.

You are doing such a fabulous job with bitchy Cordelia, and making us all hate her, appropriately so.

Tara's entrance and description pretty much had me drooling.

I'm so glad Willow and Tara resolved their little misunderstanding, and OMG the "breast tests" had me LMAO. Tara doesn't seem to have much modesty here, which is very cool in my opinion. Of course, nice "pointy" reactions, but did they get "tingly" too? Inquiring minds want to know. Perhaps they can do further experiments together later? Mmm, chocolate, indeed!

Now I'm hooked, so I need more updates, soonish please.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:49 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Quite possibly the funniest thing I've read in a long while.

Brilliant!

I too want to know, were there tingles?!

Can't wait for more!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:07 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I missed the last update, sorry!
But yeah.
Brilliant.
Cordy got was she deserved, she's suh an uber bitch. ><
Tara was so defensive, I thought at first that she wouldn't talk to Willow! Thank the Gods she did :D.
Again, Cordy = uber bitch. I could actually slap her for some of the stuff she's said! Spot on characterisation though!
The 'breast exam' scene had me in stitches! Willow's chocolate comment in particular :') oe of the funniest things I've read in a long time :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:48 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
I’m really enjoying this fic! I love it when they meet in high school.

The boob test was hysterical. The entire time I was reading it I just kept thinking, “This one time at horse camp…”

Cordelia…What is there to say except, I don’t think a broken ankle was enough punishment for this hateful bitch. You did a great job writing her character and I’m hoping now that Willow & Tara find the strength together to fight her off successfully.

Looking forward to the next update!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:27 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

So I'm thinking that there needs to be some major karmic backlash released on Cordeila... Hmm, maybe being trampled by a horse, or being tied to the flagpole naked while covered in honey so that the bugs eat her... Well, that naked and honey situation could be useful for Willow and Tara too ;-) They could totally participate in a test--for the goodness of educational learning, mind you--to see how fast honey will dry into the naked human body. Yup, that would work too!

Just absolutely LOVE this story! Keep 'er coming, Ariel!

ETA: I just thought about the title... You know, if this is going where I think it is, then I just got exponentially super excited :pinky :party :pinky :party

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:30 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oh my god from the way that cordy was talking I feel like we should just throw her the damn shovel and she how much much deeper she can make the hole of full of shit before we all push her in it. Lol you are really good at making such a vindictive character and I give you props for that! I also really like the mood your creating in the fic, you portray the characters as young and awkward. It gives the fic a sense of realism, you have them think about things that girls their age would really be concerned with. Great update and I can't wait to read more of your writing! XD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:05 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

LonelyTara: I am deeply shocked that you would doubt the scientific validity of the “breast tests”! While it’s true that our blond is falling hard for a red headed cutie, she was offering comfort only. However, there were unexpected ‘perks’. Mrs. Finch encourages you to “remove that dirty mind and wash it thoroughly!”

Sapphoselene: Your enthusiasm was thrilling, I did happy dances and almost got arrested for public insanity. Glad you liked the “breast tests” I made them up the day they posted but of course they are based on legitimate scientific principles!

Laura: It was sweet to see how Tara reassured Willow. They’re so good to each other! Thanks for being so encouraging, hearing from you is wonderful.

Wimpy: “Tara’s entrance and description pretty much had me drooling.” <=Remember that post because it gave me an idea for a future scene. So that one will be YOUR fault when it comes out! Also, due to your and Laragh’s questions, there will be additional scientific discussion of the second breast test with additional data points provided. Thanks!!!!

Laragh: Thank you for your scientific interest in the breast test, see note to Wimpy just above yours – additional data is on its way!

KioNewgo: Cordy, the Uber-Bitch (nice description of her character BTW!) is in for an awakening! Glad you liked the chocolate. When it comes to chocolate, I promise to not disappoint. Glad you liked the “Breast Tests” my highest reward is to contribute to science.

Finey McFine: Thanks so much for reading, a kind word from our newest writer means a lot. Hey, any info or suggestions or tips on horse camp are welcome!

Cyteach: Note to self – do not offend Cyteach, that woman can be tough! Seriously I found your vengeance fantasies deeply disturbing and highly amusing (hey, maybe there’s another opening for a vengeance demon!) I love your posts, so funny! Seriously, you have a vision of where I’m going with this and I’m begging you to share it with me so I can pretend I was going to do it all along. PM me, please! Don’t make me beg!

Lonelylanding: You’ve been sticking up for our girls all the way and in THIS POST they get some of their own back on Queen Cordelia. Tell me if you like it.

Rating: PG-13 for naughty words and discussion about breast test, will change rating for later chapters
Summary: A/U before season 1, the summer after Willow's freshman year with a large dose of Queen Cordelia at her bitchy best and teen-aged angst.

Thoughts are in italics.

Part 4: Cordelia’s welcome OR Tara takes a hand

Willow’s alarm clock rang and she groaned. Every muscle seemed to have rusted in place, like the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz. Where am I? Oh yeah, camp Pine Ridge.

“W-willow?” It was Tara; Willow smiled, glad to hear her new friend’s voice. “Are you okay?”

“Kind of, but in a not okay way. I mean I want to be optimistic but the pessimism kind of pounces on me and squashes me flat, so maybe no, I’m not okay. My back hurts from all that manure shoveling and wheelbarrow-y badness with Cordelia yesterday.”

“W-we’ve got to go to orientation.”

“Right. C’mon body! Up we go.” She attempted to lever herself up to a kneeling position then fell back onto the bed. “Tara?”

“Yeah.”

Willow opened her eyes wide and gazed longingly at Tara. “I’m giving you puppy dog eyes which have been scientifically proven to be irresistible.”

“And?”

“I want you to rub my back.”

Tara smiled. “Okay.” She sat next to Willow on the bed and drew back the covers, staring at Willow’s Scooby-do pajamas.

Willow seemed to read her mind. “Don’t say it, Tara! This is a Cordelia-free zone and it is highly illegal to insult other people’s clothing!”

Willow could hear the smile in Tara’s voice. “I w-wasn’t going to insult them.”

“And laughing counts the same as insulting, so there!”

“How about I j-just rub your back?” Tara slid her hands under Willow’s pajama top and pushed them higher, exposing the creamy whiteness of Willow’s skin.

“Mmmmm.” Willow sighed with pleasure as Tara stroked her back and began a light massage to begin loosening her up.

“Tara?”

“Yeah?”

“I think scientific process is really important. You know, empirical methods, data gathering, analysis. Do you think they’re really important?”

“I guess,” Tara had no idea where Willow was going with this.

“So I think we need to, you know, analyze and discuss our findings.”

“About what?”

Willow could not believe that Tara was being so dense. “The hotness breast test, doofus. So you go first.”

“No,” Tara countered, “you go first.”

Then they both said it, “we’ll go together!”

Willow took charge. “Okay, so the first question is a yes or no answer and we each say our answer right after the question is asked. Here’s the question, Ready?”

“Ready!”

Willow took a nervous breath and Tara stopped rubbing for a while to concentrate. “Did you get pointy?”

They both said “Yes” together.

Willow squirmed, and talked in a pouting baby voice, “I want my rub-y goodness!” Then she sighed with pleasure as Tara’s hands began sliding up and down her back, kneading out the knots.

“Okay. That was the easy question. Here’s another one. Ready?”

“Ready.”

“Did you get pointy even before you drew the circle around your nipple?”

They both said “Yes” together and blushed.

Willow drew a tense breath and Tara stopped stroking. “This is the big one, but science requires that we tell the absolute truth. Are you committed to science?”

“Yes.”

“This is serious. You have to say it.”

“I am c-committed to science.”

Willow was ready to proceed. “Ready?”

“Ready.”

“Did you get tingly?”

There was a small pause, then two voices whispered “Yes” together.

Tara worked off her nervousness by rubbing Willow’s back, searching out the pockets of soreness and gently working them out, then alternating the pressure with long smooth strokes.

“Tara?” Willow’s voice was worried. “What if you get poinky—“

“’Poinky’”?

“Uh, well it’s a combination of pinky and pointy, kind of like an ecstasy equation. ‘Pinky’ plus ‘pointy’ equals 'poinky.” She thought for a moment. “O, since you’re brown there maybe it would be ‘broinky’ or ‘boinky’.”

“We are NOT talking about me getting ‘boinked’!”

“What?”

“Willow, getting ‘boinked’ is like g-getting ‘nailed’ which is the same as getting ‘screwed.’”

“O!” Willow was wide-eyed and rapidly filed the new information for future reference. Then she returned to the topic that was worrying her. “But, what if I’m poinky right now? I mean, does that make me a nympho?”

Tara looked down at her own nipples, pushing like tiny fingertips against the tight fabric of her tank top. “I h-hope not.” She felt Willow’s body tense with worry. “I mean, ‘no’ it doesn’t.” She spoke softly, “it’s n-natural to h-have f-feelings. It’s what you d-do about th-them that c-counts.” She looked away, trying to gather her thoughts and glanced absentmindedly at the clock. Then she saw the time and jumped up quickly, “come on, Willow! I can’t be l-late my first day!”

The girls decided to save time by taking showers after breakfast. Then they threw on their clothes and hurried to the Director’s office.

“Whew!” Willow brushed the sweat from her forehead. Hey, we made it with,” Willow checked her watch “six minutes to spare!”

“Great!” Tara was curious. “So wh-what’s the d-deal with you and Cordelia?”

“The deal? How about death and agony? Seriously, she’s hated me ever since I got to be the Parsley Princess in the first grade vegetable pageant.” Willow giggled. “She had to play a turnip and she hated how the costume made her look fat.” She frowned, thinking. “You know, it goes back even farther than that.” She grinned, “But I got her good in kindergarten! She was being a total brat so I opened up my peanut butter sandwich and left it on her seat. She sat right on it, it even stuck to her butt when she jumped up!” Willow sighed with happiness. “She was wearing white and the peanut butter stained her rump and everyone called her ‘poo butt’ for the rest of the day.” She continued thinking. “You know, it’s deeper than any original trauma. It’s like some immutable law of physics; we’re magnets with opposite polarity.”

Cordelia commented, "we repel each other.” She had managed to come up quietly behind them while they were talking. She greeted Willow, “yay, it’s my attacker.” She indicated her good ankle. “Ready to break the other one?”

Willow stared at the ground, still ashamed of her part in the injury.

Tara saw Willow’s lip quiver and her blue eyes flashed with anger. “Hey! I h-heard what happened! What y-you did was dangerous!”

Cordelia’s voice was mocking, “It was an accident.”

“It was DUMB! You c-could’ve hurt Willow or the horse or even k-killed somebody.” She looked Cordelia straight in the eyes. “N-no experienced horsewoman would’ve done such a stupid thing. Th-they should’ve f-fired you!”

Cordelia’s face went rigid with anger. Nobody had ever challenged her like that! She raised her hand to slap Tara’s face and Tara grabbed her wrist.

“What’s going on here, girls? The director was walking over from the showers, still carrying her toiletries bag.

Tara and Cordelia glared at each other, both deciding not to take it any further.

Cordelia smiled sweetly and shifted her grip to shake Tara’s hand. “I was welcoming Tara to camp and offering to help her learn about the horses.”

The director looked at Tara for verification. Tara nodded, reluctantly.

Then Cordelia, still angry turned their wrists to hide the movement and jabbed her long thumb nail into the back of Tara’s hand, breaking the skin. Tara winced and pulled back for an instant but didn’t release Cordelia’s hand. Instead she began increasing her grip until the muscles were visible in her forearm and she saw Cordelia gasp from the pain. Then she let go and looked steadily into Cordelia’s eyes.

“Th-thank you for the w-welcome, Cordelia. I think everything is t-taken care of now.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:29 pm 
3. Flaming O

Dibs! woohoo way to go Tara! I hope that Willow still works in the stables so she can hang out with Tara more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:30 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Dang it! I missed dibs by 'this' much!

Another great chapter... Your characterizations of a young Willow and Tara are very realistic--you delve into the psyche of a teenager very fluidly!

Sorry about the graphic vengeance :blush I couldn't help myself!

I'll PM what I thought were your visions (but that I clearly made up ;-) ) shortly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:02 pm 

Yay for toughy-Tara! So, the testing continues. I wonder how long it will be before our sweet little innocents realize they're all poinky and boinky for each other. Willow's explanation for the long time dispute with Cordelia was hilarious, and I love, love, loved Tara's fierceness in standing up for herself against Cordelia's abuse, and how she came to Willow's defense about the incident with the horse. I really look forward to the next installment. I'm begging--please, please, please update soon! :wtkiss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Poor Willow, sore and achy all over, not a good start to the day.

Quote:
“I want you to rub my back.”

Way to go Willow. Not so much the shy little girl around Tara, is she?

Ah, Willow the scientist. Gotta analyze the data.

Quote:
“We are NOT talking about me getting ‘boinked’!”

Hahahaha.

Tara was brilliant when dealing with Cordelia. I was totally cheering her on.

Can’t wait for more!

In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
-Anon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:24 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Woo! Go Tara! :D
Awesome revenge! :D

Also, very cute scene at the begining. Couldn'thelp but laugh at the 'tingly' 'pointy' comments. As for getting 'boinked'...LMAO!
:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:05 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Holy Moly! You're killing me with all this nipple talk. It makes me all poinky and boinky and all kinds of other things.

Quote:
“But, what if I’m poinky right now? I mean, does that make me a nympho?”
LMAO

Well damn, if Tara was rubbing my back and we were talking about tingly nipples, I'd be in the nympho club too.

OH! I think there should be a third breast test. How about, "If someone else draws a circle around your nipple, do your panties get wet?" Just a thought. ;-)

But WOW, Tara sticking up for Willow and standing up to Cordelia is just so hot. So yeah, between envisioning Tara's entrance, the way she just whips her shirt and bra off like it's nothing, and getting kinda large with the butch, I think I'm gonna need to wear a bib for all this drool. Man, she's like my dream woman (just don't tell my gf LOL).

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:44 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I really like the premise of this story. It's innocent, but with the teen hormones running almost ramped. It's definitely interesting, and I can't wait for more

"Great, now I can be Nurse Willow! Tara's gonna love this." Willow Rosenburg - Buffy: Chaos Bleeds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next