The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First Fic - From the Mouths of Babes
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:18 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Well, it's been a long time since I last posted, but I come with a peace offering of sorts. This is an idea I had that just wouldn't stop bugging me until I wrote it down. So I did and here it is.

It could stand as a one-shot, I suppose, but I'll probably write more on this storyline. It's easy to see what inspired me and I'm betting most of you will think it really silly, but well... I just had to.

I ran it through a spellcheck, so I think there won't be many gross mistakes. But do keep in mind that I use English only as a foreign language, so I'm sure it won't be perfect. Please, if you have any suggestions on how to better my writing, I'll be thankful. I'm always looking for tips on writing so this is kind of an exercise for me.

Well, enough chatting. I hope you enjoy it.

[hr]

Title: From the Mouths of Babes
Author: chopsticks a.k.a. Anna
Rating: Pretty much G, but who knows later?
Spoilers: Nope. It's AU all the way.
Feedback: Yes, please. Good, bad, whatever, tell me what you think!
Summary: A long wait, a trip, a lot of change. It's a whole new world.
Warning: Beware extreme corniness! You've been warned!

---

Part I - Oh, What a Trip!

Have you ever felt like something big was about to happen? You don’t know if it’s good, or bad, but it’s been looming over your head for so long that you just can’t wait to get it over with? Yeah, it’s been like that for me these days. I’m not sure what’s going to come, but I think it will happen soon.

I’ve been uncomfortable for some time now. I just can’t stop tossing and turning all over the place and I think it’s making things difficult. It’s like there’s something I gotta do, but I can’t put my finger on it. Not like I have much to put my finger on anyway.

Don’t get me wrong, I like it here. I really do. It’s warm and squishy and safe and there are lots of happy sounds around. It’s just, there hasn’t been a lot of space for some time. And not much to do either. I like to move around, but I keep kicking things I shouldn’t and that always leads to badness.

Is it time yet?

I’m not sure what this ‘time’ is, but they keep talking about it. They say it’s been almost nine months and that I need to come out soon. I don’t know how much ‘nine months’ is, but it sure sounds like a long time. And how do I ‘come out’? It’s frustrating, this not knowing what to do thing.

Oh well, I’m sure it will come to me.

Suddenly, something happens. Things are not so squishy anymore and there’s lots of moving and sounds and squeezing, squeezing, squeezing. There sure is a lot of squeezing going on. And screaming, there’s lots of screaming too. What’s happening? I’m scared.

I see a bright spot ahead and somehow I just know that I gotta go there. Maybe it’s ‘time’?

There’s squeezing and screaming and pushing, pushing, pushing. I gotta go, gotta go right now!

The bright suddenly gets bigger and there’s a funny feeling in my chest and it’s cold! It’s cold and wet and something is holding me. I can’t take this. I scream and scream as loud as I can. This has got to stop right now.

Something’s rubbing against my face and wrapping around me. I’m not so cold anymore, but I’m still scared and screaming. Please, make it stop.

“Would you like to hold her?” I’m sure I know that voice, but I’m not really paying attention. Please, please, I want to go back where it’s safe.

“Yes, please.”

And things get better, much better because I’m safe and warm and I know nothing bad can happen now. I know this voice. This voice has been talking to me a long time. It’s so warm and it smells so good. Could things get any better?

“Hello, little one,” There’s the good voice again. “I’ve been waiting a long time to meet you. Pretty girl, you look like a little angel.”

Something strokes my head and I get a funny feeling in my face. Then I see bright and colors and everything is so different from before!

“Oh, what pretty eyes you have. Just like your Mommy’s!”

Mommy! I knew I was forgetting something! Mommy, where’s Mommy? I squirm and smack my lips and there’s a bad feeling inside. What's going on here?

“Shh, little angel, calm down.” The voice is so soothing that I can’t help but relax. But there’s that bad feeling and I want it to go away. Make it go away right now.

“Mommy, I think there’s someone who wants to see you.”

It’s then that I know that things are going to be just fine. It’s like I’m back to the safe place, only not.

“My baby girl,” Oh Mommy, this is Mommy! I’d know her anywhere! Mommy, Mommy, Mommy! “I’m happy to see you too, sweetie.”

“She looks just like you, Tara.” There’s the safe voice again. Oh, how wonderful! Mommy and safe voice, it can’t get any better than this.

“Are you hungry, honey? I’m sure you are.” Mommy shifts a little and there’s something in my mouth. What’s this? “You know the yucky feeling in your tummy?” Yes, Mommy, it’s really awful. Can't you do something about it? “It’s called hunger.” Really? I didn’t know that. How does it go away? Make it go away, Mommy. “You just have to suck a little for it to go away.” How do I do that?

“You have to show her how to nurse, Ms. Maclay.” There’s a different voice. It would have been more interesting if it wasn’t for that hunger thing in my tummy. Make it go away, Mommy, please. “Massage your breast a little and the milk will come down. She’ll know what to do then.”

“Oh, um, I’ll... go then.” Safe voice again. Go? No, don’t go! I kick my feet. You can’t leave me!

“I don’t think she wants you to go, Will,” Mommy says and her chest moves as she makes a funny sound.

“I guess I have no choice then.”

“No, you don’t. I don’t want you to leave either.” Go Mommy! “Now let’s go about feeding you, huh, little one?”

Something comes out of the thing in my mouth then. Oh, that’s good. I like it, I like it a lot. Ah, so that’s how you make the bad feeling go away. Hmm. It’s so good. Thank you, Mommy.

“Oh, look at her, happy as can be.” I sure am, safe voice. Now everything is right in the world. I feel something in my hand and I hold it. “Ooh, strong grip there, kiddo.”

“What a day, huh, honey?”

Oh, yeah. That was some trip.

[hr]

Let me now what you think. Should I go on with this thing?

Anna

Post subject: Re: First Fic - From the Mouths of Babes
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:57 am 
19. Yummy Face

Interesting story...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:19 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay, wait. So, English isn't your first language? Well, color me impressed! That was really good. Pretty interesting idea, too. Nice job!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:15 pm 
3. Flaming O

I like this, this is good

Interesting idea too

Keep going :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:41 am 
2. Floating Rose

I'm also impressed. Your writing is of a high standard regardless, but if you take into account it's not your first language - really blimmin amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:10 am 
3. Flaming O

This is a really nice start. It's interesting having a story come from the babies point of view. I'm looking forward to an update :party

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:56 am 
3. Flaming O

I agree you should keep this going some more its good great actually I like the idea of it .,. so more soon right? :kitty

""Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. ""

"Xander" Willow smiles "It's Tara" then she slowly stands and follows the little light whipping around her head ..

Xander looks confused "And ....how long have you known your girlfriends tinkerbell?" He asks with a smile as he follows Willow ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:23 am 
2. Floating Rose

Oh yes please continue. I love fics where our "girls" start a family. This has a very cool spin to it. :party

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:32 pm 
3. Flaming O

Quote:
Oh Mommy, this is Mommy! I’d know her anywhere! Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!

haha :smash that totally sounds like a mini-willow.

such a fluffy fic.! hope you continue with it.
as for the language thing, hell i wouldnt have noticed. :D

great stuff! heres to hoping for more chapters! :kgeek

i have a bad habit of bumping up old stories...
shameless self-promotion