The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: eots
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:45 pm 
Ah, so Tara felis not all gone yet. Good. Nice to see Willow is not freaking out about it either.

It is better to be Amber Benson for a day than to live as Joss Whedon for a lifetime.

Post subject: Re: Lovin' huh?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:29 pm 
Jen,

Hey sweetie! How ya doing? I hope you're feeling alright. Okay, I have to whine for just a little bit because you know how much I love this story. I'm gone for 8 weeks and I only get two updates!!!!! Must have more, sweetie.

I'm so interested to see where this is going. God, the thought of Tara purring is so sexy. But you already knew that I liked that.

I hope you're well. I really missed you. It's good to finally be settled. I'm so loving SF. The job is great. The girlfriend is better.

Can't wait to read more. Keep up the good work. I'll talk to you soon!!

She's my everything!

Post subject: *sneaks into thread*
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:47 am 
Psst... HI JEN!!! :wave

Was stumbling around the board and i says to myself, i says, "Self, I miss Jen." so here i am. And consider me locked on board until an update pops up. Would any added cuteness aid in the creation of said update? Cause if so, I suppose I could dust off the bulldog shimmy and put it to work.:grin

Hee. Love you girl. :kiss

*woof*

Beyond this place of wrath and tears/Looms but the horror of the shade/And yet the menace of the years/Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

Post subject: Re: eots
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:53 am 
Jenn, watching Dobbie just bang his head on the dresser as 'punishment' had me rolling (not that punishment is a good thing, well..depending on what it was *ahem*) just made me think of how many of us did that to shake the images of another f***ed up Buffy episode. :lol

Tiggrscorpio, the thought of Tara purring is always sexy. I think it takes talent to make it sound right..*shiver* methinks she's got that talent...

bulldog, I don't know what to tell you, you're just too cute, I think Jenn will agree, added cuteness is always good :laugh

Tk's new and improved "GrrArgg"...Tk's Heaven

"I've become really protective of her. I want to make sure if Tara comes back, it's for good reason." -Amber Benson
Tara ate her, devoured her from beneath. -The Edge of Silence giving new meaning to this season's catch phrase.
"Got it: that's a 'yes' to petals; a 'no' to pricks. I should remember that more often." -On Second Thought

Post subject: How about??
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:40 pm 
The Lady Dragon glides gently into the thread. Look around. Jen? Where are you? Um...*dragon paws at the ground* would the promise of loopies help in the hastening of an update? :pray

The Lady Dragon

I am the dragon that hides from the sun and flies in the moonlight.

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:25 pm 
Bagheera,

Hey, B. :kiss

Nope, Tara-felis is still there, much to her and Willow's disappointment. I think Willow may be freaking out a little bit in her head, but she will learn to deal with it.

Thanks for reading. Hope you continue to like where this goes.

Chris,

Hey, you! :wave I'm doing okay. Hope you are, as well.

I know, I know. I've been a bad girl. Only two updates in that 8 weeks time. I'm sorry. Forgive me? :pray More soon, I promise.

I'm glad you are still liking the purring. :) I happen to like it, too.

Awww, I missed you, too! *Sniff* Glad to see you back and all settled. Hey... I would be shocked if the job WAS better than the g/f. :p Glad things are going well for you.

Thanks, sweetie. :kiss

Andi,

Pssst... Hi, sweetie!

Awww, I missed you, too. I hope you are doing okay? :pray I'm here for you.

Hmmm... a little bulldog cuteness might help. ;) Go for it. If anyone can be cute, it's you. Especially that little tail of yours. Hee...

Love you, too. :kiss Update soon!

TK,

I know, that part WAS funny, but sad at the same time. Poor Dobby and that damned family! Grrr... I'm glad he's out of there now.

Hee... isn't the bulldog adorable?? *sigh* :heart

Drakkenfyre,

Hey, sweetie! :kiss

I'm here, I'm here! :) Hmm... loopies always help, love. You know that! I'm game.

Okay, kittens... update will be up soon. I have to work tomorrow and Sunday, so I probably won't get any writting done until Monday. I'm off on Monday. So, we'll see what happens. I'm still working on the new fic as well.

Of course, I could give you a little tease of the new fic, when I get to a good part... but I don't know where I would post it. Maybe in this thread?? What do you think??

Thanks again, guys. I love you,

Jen

"Oh, good lord, it's Willow-resolve-face... junior!" ~ Buffy from, "Milestones: Chapter 15," by Lisa Countryman
"Master gave Dobby a sock. Master has presented Dobby with clothes. Dobby is free." ~ Dobby the House Elf, from, "Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets."

Edited by: Jennpurr at: 11/22/02 8:26:33 pm

Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:24 am 
Hey kittens,

Just a quick note. I haven't forgotten about this story. It's just taking longer than I wanted it to for me to get you an update. I could post what I have, but it hasn't been beta'd yet and it's only about a page and a half typed.

I'll promise I'll have something soon, guys. Thanks for being patient.

**HUGS**

I hope everyone has a nice holiday tomorrow. :kiss

Jen

"Oh, good lord, it's Willow-resolve-face... junior!" ~ Buffy from, Milestones: Chapter 15," by Lisa Countryman
"Master gave Dobby a sock. Master has presented Dobby with clothes. Dobby... is free." ~ Dobby the House Elf
"There is no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." ~ Harry from, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets."

Post subject: Quick note!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:48 pm 
Hey guys,

I wanted to stop by for a min and drop you all a message. Just so you know, my computer is being a big dummy...stupid junk! :rage

So... I'm taking it to be looked at/fixed tomorrow. I don't know when I will get it back, but I'm hoping by the end of this week.

I AM writing, just keep that in mind. If I don't get you an update to this fic, by the time I get back, I hope to have the new one I'm writing, either finished or almost so I can post it. Danie has already beta'd the first chapter, so... all that's left is the final two. It's angsty, so be prepared.

Anyway... I'll let you guys know when I'm back. I'll probably be going through fic withdrawal by then. :eek

Take care and I'll see you soon!

**HUGS**

Jen

"Oh, good lord, it's Willow-resolve-face... junior!" ~ Buffy from, Milestones: Chapter 15," by Lisa Countryman
"Master gave Dobby a sock. Master has presented Dobby with clothes. Dobby... is free." ~ Dobby the House Elf
"There is no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." ~ Harry from, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets."

Post subject: Re: Replies
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:39 am 
:thud

The vamp nurd hits the ground *ow*

Nice little update, Willow's sexier when she's pissed.

"He hurt you." Willow to anyone bar Tara

Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:43 am 
Oof...sucky computer problems...ugh... Well, here are some {{{Good Computer Vibes}}}

Uh...the Sun's beeping - Daniel Jackson ("2010" ~ Stargate SG-1)

Post subject: Hello!!! :-)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:45 pm 
Miss me??

My beautiful kittens. :heart

I'm back! Sorry it took so long. It took them forever to get my computer situated. They had to give me a whole new hard drive. :rage And I lost a whole bunch of stuff. Some I was able to save.

I have to admit, I haven't been able to work on this fic yet. I'm trying to finish the new one I am writing, which is almost done. I should be posting the first part within the next couple of days.

Thanks to all of you who have stuck in there and responded. I love you, guys. :kiss

I'll have something posted soon. **HUGS**

Jen (Who is off to see what she needs to catch up on :paranoid )

Post subject: Not an update... sorry
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:57 am 
Hey my beautiful kittens,

I just wanted to leave you with a quick note.

Sorry this isn't an update. I'm not sure when the next when one will be posted. I haven't even started on one yet. Hopefully soon, though. I just needed a break from this, to store up some thoughts and actual plans for the remainder of the story. Plus, I wanted to get, "Lost Letters," finished first. The ideas are still there though. I know what I want to do, I just needed a break to visualize everything.

So... I hope you guys are still going to be here when I get back to this? :pray

I just love you guys. Thank you.

Jen

This one time... at band camp...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:49 am 
of course we will!! **sits to wait oh so patiently**

*please use both hands....*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:11 pm 
Thank you, sweetie. :kiss

I'll try not to make you guys wait too long. Soon... :)

Jen

This one time... at band camp...

Post subject: Sorry, not an update yet
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:25 pm 
Hey guys,

I'm ashamed to say that this is not an update. :( I'm sooo sorry it's taken me so long.

I think the next fic I update will probably be this one. I have a little bit of the next chapter written, but not much yet. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

This journey is almost over, I'm afraid. When it is, I'm planning to go back and edit some of the chapters and change a few things.

When I first started this fic, my head and likes were in a different state than they are now. I'm ashamed of some of the things I have written into this story and plan on correcting them.

I know I've probably lost alot of my readers with this fic, due to some of that above mentioned material and the time between updates and for that I'm sorry.

Hopefully you guys won't have to wait much longer. I won't say when the next update will be, but I'll say hopefully soon.

I love you, kittens. :kiss

Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Tell me the truth and I'll give you your pants back." Bianca to Maggie: All My Children

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:43 am 
Take your time sweetie.

I'm still waiting. :D :grin

:pride

:geek

:letter

Willow (with pointy ears): "NO kissing and gay love?!!!! That's illogical!" The Sci-Fi Bard W/T trekkie ramblings.

Bardlet no #27

"Why Mother because I won't be baking cookies for the mental patients at the county Hospital?" Alex It's In The Water

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:57 am 
Hey Jenn!

I just found this fic yesterday night.. and read it from A to Z (or well.. any letter it's up to:P)! Took me most of the night (good think I usually work nightshifts:P). So, NOW I WANT UPDATES!:P Lol kidding.. well.. not kidding, but take your time. And update the veterinarian fic too in the same time :lol :P this fic is (well both, but I'm talking about this one) EXCELLENT. I loved the reunion of Willow and kitty-Tara.. AND of course the reunion of W/T :P But dunno, something really touched me when Willow found out that the Jaguar was Tara, it just seemed so passionate!

SOOOo i hope to read more soon :grin

Cya and take care :)

Domaris

"Rock my world!" - Gia

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes" - Somebody

Post subject: Revised - Chapter 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:21 pm 
Hey guys,

Well... I was able to finally get the revisions done for this story. I've deleted and added some things.

Xita told me I could make a new thread for this or just add to this one, so I figured I would just add to the one that is already here.

I haven't gotten anything new written for this yet. Just haven't had the time and trying to deal with some RL stuff right now. So... I figured, why not go ahead and repost this story. :)

Hope you guys like the revisions. They aren't too drastic, but you WILL see some changes.

Let me know what you think, k?

Here we go!

Title: Eyes Of The Soul

Author: Jennifer

Copyright © 2002 - 2003 by Jennifer Johnson

Feedback: jennpurr@yahoo.com or willowtaralove@netzero.com"> willowtaralove@netzero.com Please, give me feedback. Good or bad. Feel free to tell me what you think. Or just post it here.

Disclaimers: All characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. This is solely for my entertainment. Please do not copyright this story.

F/F romance: If the idea of a same sex relationship bothers you, please do not read this story.

Pairings: W/T eventually, X/A

Spoilers: Season 6. This is set after Seeing Red, but Tara never dies at the hands of Warren. The rest is just my own creativity. Oh, and Giles never left.

Summary: Tara is missing, or so the Scoobies think. What will happen when they find her?

Rating: R. Angst, violence, and adult content (eventually) ;)

My Thanks: To Sam (Blue77) and Danie. Thanks for being my betas and for helping me out with all the suggestions. You truly are gifted for writing, both of you. I hope you continue to do so. ;) And Danie, don’t forget the catnip. ;)

Author's Notes: This is my first attempt at writing Buffy fan fiction, so please tell me what you think. I usually write fan fiction for ER. I apologize for the heavy subject of W/T angst in this story, especially after what has happened to Tara. These thoughts have been floating around in my brain lately and I just wanted to see if I could turn them into a story. Willow and Tara WILL have a happy ending, if that helps. Let’s just hope we get that on the show. Some of the inspiration for this came from, “Unexpected Consequences.” Lisa’s a genius. Thanks for your story Lisa. :)

Eyes Of The Soul: Chapter 1/?

By: Jennifer

“Buffy!”

The Slayer turned around at Willow’s voice, just in time to duck as a vampire threw a right hook towards her face. “That was so not okay.” Buffy morphed her body into a lightening fast roundhouse kick and sent the vamp flying across the graveyard.

Willow stumbled to her feet just in time to see Buffy stake the unruly vamp.

Buffy rushed over to her friend, who was currently nursing her right arm. “You okay, Will?”

“Oh… fine. Never been better,” she said sarcastically. “How bout you? You okay?” Willow pointed towards the cut above Buffy’s right eyebrow.

“I’ll be fine. We should get you to the ER to have that checked.” She frowned as she remembered watching a vampire try to break Willow’s arm.

Willow stretched the arm in question across the front of her body with her other hand. “It’ll be fine,” she said with a slight wince. “You grabbed him before he did any real damage.”

“You sure?”

Willow’s brow crinkled slightly and her lips formed a straight line as she looked at Buffy and pointed towards her lips. “See my resolve face?”

Buffy just gave her an understanding smile and threw her arm over Willow’s uninjured shoulder. “Alright… let’s get outta here.”

They walked in silence for a short period of time as they made their way back to the house. Buffy was satisfied. She and Willow had dusted 6 vamps. Tonight had been a pretty heavy night. At best they usually only faced 2 or 3 vamps, if that.

“This is pretty cool. Us hanging out like this. I just hate to see you get hurt.” She squeezed the redhead’s uninjured shoulder.

Willow turned her head to look at her friend. “I just can’t sit at home. I keep thinking… ‘Well… what if I see her tonight? What if she’s just walking down the street and we see each other?’ and then I’ll know she’s okay.” A sad sigh escaped Willow’s lips.

“I know, Will. I miss her too. I just wish we knew where she was or what happened to her.”

The redhead gave Buffy a petrified look.

“Not that anything happened to her. It’s just… Why would she just disappear?”

It took all of Willow’s will power to hold back the tears that were bursting to flood over at any moment. “I don’t know. Things were going so good. I just wish I knew where she was. I miss her, Buffy.”

Buffy gave Willow a strong squeeze as they walked up her driveway. “We’ll find her. You’ll get her back.”

They failed to notice the pair of large blue eyes following their every move as they went inside. The eyes glowed from the reflection of the porch light, from their position in the bushes.

With a mournful whimper the figure disappeared, swiftly running down the street and away from the Summers residence, as if it were being summoned somewhere.

In the house, Xander was arguing with Dawn about what movie to watch.

“I don’t want to watch, “The Mummy Returns,” we’ve watched that 3 times already this week!” Xander said, exasperatedly.

Dawn snatched the movie out of Xander’s hand. “It’s my movie and I want to watch it.”

“Dawn… you can watch that movie anytime you want. Let Xander pick a movie.”

“But…” she started to argue, but Buffy cut her off.

“Why don’t you go watch it in your room?” She raised an eyebrow at her sister.

“Fine!” Dawn quickly took to the stairs and slammed her door, once she was in her bedroom.

“Hey, Buff. Thanks for saving me there.”

Buffy smiled at Xander as she plopped down on the couch. “No, prob.”

“Wills, why the gloomy face?”

Willow sat down next to Buffy on the couch and leaned her head back on the blonde’s shoulder.

“She’s missing Tara,” Buffy answered for the redhead, as she put her arm around Willow’s shoulder.

“We all miss her, Will. It’s just so confusing. You two just got back together, why would she take off?” Xander saw tears come to Willow’s eyes and he instantly regretted his words.

He scooted over closer to her. “I’m sure she’ll come back. In the meantime, you’ve got us Scoobies… and researchy Giles,” he said, trying to lighten the mood.

This made Willow look up. She smiled at Xander and leaned over and gave him a hug. “Thanks, Xander. I know… I’ll find her. I’ll always find her. It’s just… where is she?”

“If you keep looking at me like that, you’re not going to get any food,” a voice warned.

The only answer the voice received was a deep growl.

“Now… you might as well get used to that cage cause you’re gonna be here for awhile. I see you’ve learned to listen to me now. You came back in time tonight. Don’t like going without eating, do you? Or better yet… you don’t like being shocked with magic bolts, do you? It’s so simple. I control you.

Without me… you would die. Let’s just see that you keep behaving and I might consider letting you go soon.”

The two large blue eyes that had watched Willow and Buffy return home from patrol had grown hopeful at those words.

“Hmmm… but maybe not. I like having you around, as leverage.”

The captor received another deep growl in protest.

“Here.” The voice threw two raw steaks in the cage.

The steaks were gone in a matter of minutes.

“You just go to sleep now. I’ll be back tomorrow,” the captor said and headed for the stairs. It flipped off the basement light at the top step and then was gone.

The figure in the cage whimpered again, as it lied down for the night on the blanket in the far right corner and eventually fell asleep.

Xander had left for the evening. He decided he should give Willow and Buffy some time alone.

Willow really was in bad shape. Just two weeks ago, her and Tara had gotten back together. They were going to start rebuilding on what they had again.

Tara was willing to start trusting Willow again. She had been confident that Willow was doing better with her addiction to the magic’s and she longed for a future with the woman she loved and would always love.

All of this changed when Tara disappeared. It had been a week now since Willow had last seen her beloved. She didn’t understand. ‘Did I do something wrong? Does she still not trust me?’ These are the questions that keep rolling around in Willow’s mind.

Every night for the past week, these were the questions that Willow fell asleep to.

Tonight was the same. The redhead was exhausted. Her brain was noisy and she couldn’t get any rest. Thoughts of every kind kept torturing her. She would wake up in tears most nights, fearing the worst.

“You’re gonna wear yourself out, Will,” Buffy whispered to the sleeping redhead. She had fallen asleep shortly after Xander had left. She was lying on the couch on her back, with her head in Buffy’s lap. The blonde was watching her sleep, thinking. “We WILL find her. I won’t stop searching till we do.”

Just then, Willow gasped and sat up with a start, “Tara…” She started to sob uncontrollably. “No!” she cried.

“Shhh… Will, it’s okay.” Buffy pulled Willow to her and the redhead wrapped her arms around the slayer and cried into her shoulder. “Easy…I’ve got ya. We’ll get you through this. We’ll find her. I promise.” A tear slithered down Buffy’s cheek as she held Willow, trying to comfort her.

Tara and Buffy had grown closer over the last few months. After all, Tara had been the first person to find out about Spike and Buffy sleeping together. From that moment, their friendship had started to blossom. Tara’s disappearance was tearing the slayer up more than she could ever admit.

Buffy had also liked the blonde Wiccan, ever since she first met her. When Willow had told her that she and Tara were together, she briefly wigged, but she was happy for her best friend.

The blonde was pulled from her thoughts as Willow pulled away from her shoulder.

Wiping her tears away, the hacker sniffled. “Your shoulders all wet.”

Buffy looked at her shirt, but brought her eyes back to her best friend. “Willowtears.” She smiled. “It’s okay. I’m here for you.” She squeezed the redhead’s hand and then let it go.

“Thanks, Buffy.” Willow gave her friend one last hug, then stood to her feet. “I’m gonna go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning?”

“Bright and early,” the slayer said, with far more enthusiasm than she believed in.

Willow gave her a half smile. “Night, Buff.” She turned for the stairs.

“Night, Will.” Buffy watched as Willow climbed the stairs and then soon after, she decided she would go to bed as well. Turning off the lights, she went to her room. She grabbed her nightshirt and a clean pair of underwear and then headed for the bathroom.

In the other room, Willow was peering out her bedroom window. ‘Where are you, baby? Please come home,’ she sent through her mind. ‘I need you, Tara. I love you.’ A tear ran down Willow’s cheek.

She turned from the window and collapsed onto her bed. “Goodnight, baby. Where ever you are.”

Across town, two large blue eyes slowly fluttered open.

‘Where are you, baby? Please come home.’ The figure heard the words in its mind. ‘I need you, Tara. I love you.’ The figured blinked its eyes and walked to the front of the metal cage, peering out into the darkness.

The room was empty, the only sound being a humming from the small metal freezer across the room.

Inside the cage was a large metal bowl with water to the far left corner.

Confused, the figure walked back over to the blanket and lied down.

‘Willow,’ Tara sent out telepathically. ‘Please find me.’ With another whimper, she curled up to try and sleep. ‘I’m waiting for you, darling,’ she sent out, before drifting into slumber.

Once the voice hit Willow’s ears, she sat up abruptly from the bed and turned toward the door. “Tara?”

Confusion hit her features when she saw that no one was there.

“Tara?” Willow got up from the bed and went into the hallway. A frantic look was etched upon her face, but still she found no one.

“Will… what’s up?” Buffy opened the bathroom door upon hearing her best friend’s voice. Thankfully she hadn’t undressed yet.

“Uh… I don’t know. I heard Tara.” She took to the stairs two at a time. “Baby?”

Buffy was right behind her.

After searching the living room and kitchen, she was utterly confused. “Okay… what’s going on? I heard her.” Willow looked at Buffy as if she could give her an explanation. “Buffy… where’s, Tara?” she said as she started to sob.

The slayer went to her best friend and hugged her close. “I don’t know where she is, Will. Are you sure you heard her?”

“Yes… I heard… her…” she said, between sobs.

“Well… maybe she did some kind of witchy telepathic thing?” Buffy said, curiously.

“Maybe.”

“That means she’s alive. She’s still alive, Will.” The blonde pulled back to look at the redhead.

Her tears still stung her cheeks, but a smile now predominated her features. “Tara’s alive,” she said, relieved.

“Yes she is… and we’ll find her. I’m here for you and I love you.” Buffy gave her a smile.

“I love you, too. And I’ll find Tara. We’ll always find each other,” she said and pulled Buffy into one more embrace.

“I’ll look some more on patrol tomorrow night. You have your meeting, right?”

“The AA for witches… yeah,” she said, proudly.

“I’m so proud of you, Will. You’re doing really good with the recovery thing.”

“I have to… for Tara AND for me. I can’t fall into it again. And I won’t.”

“YAY for that,” Buffy grinned.

“I guess I’m going to try and go get some sleep. I feel better knowing she’s okay. I just wish she was here.”

“I know… me too. She’ll be here soon. She will.” Buffy tugged Willow towards the stairs and they went back upstairs.

Willow could sleep knowing that Tara was still alive. The thing she neglected to notice is that Tara had telepathically linked with her, after Willow had called out to her. She could easily try to find her, if she just called out to her.

All of this slipped her mind as she clung to Tara’s pillow, pulling it against her chest and hugging it. “Goodnight, my Tara.”

TBC...

Questions? Comments?? :D

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"See... that's where you're a dummy. I think about... what you grew up with, and... then I look at what you are... it makes me proud. It makes me love you more," - Willow to Tara in, "Family."

Post subject: Second run?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:45 am 
oooh I'm quite curious..:P

I loved this fic first time so to have it revived is g8 news...:D

:kiss the :geek or kiss the geek

Sorry I missed church, I was busy becoming a lesbian and worshiping Satan

Bardlet no #27

Post subject: Re: Second run?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:28 am 
Glad you came back to this - even if it is to do rewrites. :bigwave I'm glad you added it to the same thread, cuz after I read the new version, I just HAD to go back and reread the original to see exactly what you changed.

Cool stuff!

-shuyaku

Post subject: Revised - Chapter 2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:12 pm 
the vamp nurd,

Hee… thank you, sweetie. I’m glad you’re curious. Hope I don’t disappoint you.

Look below for updates.

shuyaku,

Hello there. Thank you.

Well, the changes weren’t too drastic, but none the less… they were changes I wanted and needed to make. I hope you will like the changes as well. : )

Thanks again and enjoy the updates.

Hey kittens,

Um… Chapters 1-3 were really the only chapters I needed to make changes to. If you guys want, I can repost chapters 4-12, just so you have something to read until I can get something new written. Just let me know if you want me to.

Thanks again to all the kittens who have read and responded and not responded but took the time to read this.

And now… onto the update.

Title: Eyes Of The Soul

Author: Jennifer

Copyright © 2002 – 2003 by Jennifer Johnson

Feedback: jennpurr@yahoo.com or willowtaralove@netzero.com"> willowtaralove@netzero.com Please, give me feedback. Good or bad. Feel free to tell me what you think. Or just post it here.

Disclaimers: All characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. This is solely for my entertainment. Please do not copyright this story.

F/F romance: If the idea of a same sex relationship bothers you, please do not read this story.

Pairings: W/T eventually, X/A

Spoilers: Season 6. This is set after Seeing Red, but Tara never dies at the hands of Warren. The rest is just my own creativity. Oh, and Giles never left.

Summary: Tara is missing, or so the Scoobies think. What will happen when they find her?

Rating: R. Angst, violence, and adult content (eventually) ;) This part is PG-13?

My Thanks: To Sam (Blue77) and Danie. Thanks for being my betas and for helping me out with all the suggestions. You truly are gifted for writing, both of you. I hope you continue to do so. ;) And Danie, don’t forget the catnip. ;)

Author's Notes: This is my first attempt at writing Buffy fan fiction, so please tell me what you think. I usually write fan fiction for ER. I apologize for the heavy subject of W/T angst in this story, especially after what has happened to Tara. These thoughts have been floating around in my brain lately and I just wanted to see if I could turn them into a story. Willow and Tara WILL have a happy ending, if that helps. Let’s just hope we get that on the show. Some of the inspiration for this came from “Unexpected Consequences.” Lisa’s a genius. Thanks for your story Lisa. :)

Eyes Of The Soul: Chapter 2/?

By: Jennifer

The morning sun poured in through the window illuminating the far left side of the cemented floor in the cage. A big black tail was slowly sweeping back and forth across the blanket it lay upon. The sun highlighted the bottom portion of the tail, making the hair shine richly as it twitched. Suddenly it flopped up and then lightly smacked the floor before sweeping from back to front again.

A great, powerful paw pushed down beside the tail and was now bathing in the light of the sun. The leg momentarily stretched out as far as it could reach, followed by another back leg, making the huge black claws they were armed with, extend and contract in time as a throaty purr broke the silence in the stainless steel cage.

The feline’s ribcage rose and calmly fell with each breath, content in its slumber. The morning sun warmed the cat from head to toe, as the heat traveled the whole length of its feline form. The thick black coat of fur was like a heat magnet, very easily activated. The large cat’s right ear twitched several times as if the hairs were being tickled. Its massive head was resting comfortably on its front paws that were stretched out, with the front half of the cat’s body lying upright.

With another stretch of all its limbs and a healthy yawn, which bared all it’s large, sharp white teeth, the feline’s eyes fluttered open and blinked several times. The cat slowly rose to its feet and stretched its front legs out in front of its body, its chest almost touching the floor. A contented growl escaped the feline’s jaws as the lower half of its body rose up in the air; tail tucking between the back legs. Once it was standing again, the cat stretched its back legs, one at a time.

The stretches lasted for several seconds each. This was followed by another yawn, revealing again its large fangs.

Turning around, it paced over to the water dish in the far left corner and lapped its tongue at the cool refreshing liquid, some of the water splashing up onto its whiskers as it drank contentedly.

Mid lap, its ears perked up and it froze. A brief growl escaped its lungs. Lifting its head, a drop of water trickled down its jaw.

The door to the basement creaked shut as someone began to walk down the stairs.

The feline backed away from the water bowl and stood territorial. Its ears flattened back and the cat’s stance was a little lower to the ground, eyeing the intruder wearily.

“I see you’re awake.”

Tara followed Amy’s every movement with her eyes, as her pupils began to enlarge.

“What… you’re not going to say good morning? Oh… that’s right. You can’t.” She laughed menacingly. “Jaguars can’t talk.” She took a tentative step towards the cage then crouched down in front of the bars. “And since I changed you, you can’t perform magic on me.”

The Jaguar growled its disapproval and took a step back.

“Well now… you’re not acting very nice to me, this morning. Are you asking to be punished?”

A loud hiss was her only answer.

Amy held her hand out in front of the cage and with a few words in Latin, a lightening bolt shot through the cage.

Tara ducked to the ground in time before it could hit her.

Standing to her feet, “Smartening up, I see.”

Tara charged the front of the cage, but stopped when she got to the bars. A growl penetrated the room. Her ears lay flat against her head with her tail hanging low between her back legs. A ridge of hair laid visibly standing on her back, tail somewhat ruffled.

Tara’s stance was in fighting position; pupils enlarged and her large white fangs bared, the feral form taking over her nature.

“Now, now… be nice or I won’t miss this time. I think just for that little nasty behavior, I might not let you out tonight.”

The cat’s large blue eyes hardened, as she looked the blonde witch up and down. ‘Just wait till I get out of here, Amy. Maybe I’ll lock you in here for a few days,’ She threatened in her thoughts.

Amy turned toward the stairs and started to walk back up them. “Don’t have too much fun now.” She laughed wickedly as she reached the top step and opened the door. “See ya, Tara.” The door shut firmly behind her.

The Jaguars features softened and it turned and looked up at the window, where it could see the outside. ‘Willow… I need to get out of here.’

Realizing the only thing she could do was stay cooped up in the cage till Amy came back, Tara walked back over to the soft blanket and lied down. A whimper escaped her throat. The only thought on her mind was Willow.

“You could help me, Buffy,” Willow said excitedly. “Yeah… you could do the spell with me.”

“I don’t know, Will.”

“Come on. It’s not dark magic and I’ve done this a couple of times… a-and it won’t be like I’m breaking any promises, since I won’t be using dark magic. Then I could tell Tara that we found her together… and she won’t be mad at me…”

Buffy smiled at her best friend’s babbling. “Alright. I’ll help you. Tell me what I have to do.”

Willow grinned from ear to ear and ran over to Buffy and hugged her close. She rocked her from side to side before stepping back. “Thank you so much.” She hugged the slayer again.

“Will… feeling the need to breathe, here.”

The redhead pulled away. “Oops… sorry, Buff.” She looked at her apologetically.

“It’s okay. So, how does that tinker bell thing work? And are you sure you should be doing this?”

Willow sat down on the floor in front of Buffy, beside her and Tara’s bed. “Do you think it would be okay? I mean… I don’t want to upset her or break any promises or anything. It’s just… this is going to help. This will find her. Wouldn’t she be happy that we found her?”

Buffy squeezed the redhead’s knee. “Hey, calm down. I think it’ll be fine. You’re doing so well with the magic thing and Tara knows that.”

“I know. I just don’t want to upset her by doing this.”

Cocking her head to the side, “We’ve gotta do something. And this might be our only way, right?”

Willow suddenly found the floor very interesting. She knew Buffy was right. This might be the only way to find Tara. ‘I don’t know why I didn’t do this before. Big dummy. I should have thought about it earlier. She could be home by now, but no… I had to be stupid and not think about it. And now Tara could be mad at me for doing this spell…and I just…’

“Will?” Buffy waved her hand in front of Willow’s face.

“What?” She finally looked up. “Oh… sorry, Buffy. What did you say?”

The slayer just laughed, “I said, do you want to do this?”

“Uh…” Willow contemplated. ‘If I don’t do this… we might not find Tara. And if I do… she might be mad at me for using magic. Ahhh… I hate this. What do I do?’ She looked into Buffy’s eyes for some kind of answer. “I just don’t want to mess things up again. I couldn’t live through that again. I can’t lose her.” Her eyes welled up with tears at just the thought.

Buffy scooted in so her knees were touching the other girl’s and she put her hands on Willow’s shoulders. “I know. You’re scared… and you have every right to be, but I think we should do this. We have to. Come on… let’s find your girl.” She squeezed her shoulders.

Willow just nodded. “Okay… you’ll need to sit where you are, right in front of me. Um… tuck your feet under your legs, like me.”

The slayer did as she was told.

“Now… sit like your meditating, but I need you to hold my hands.”

The blonde looked at Willow apprehensively. “Um… this is really touchy feely stuff, isn’t it?” She joked.

“Buffy… this is serious. Take my hands.”

“Sorry… I was just fooling around.” Buffy gripped onto Willow’s hands.

“What I’m going to do is recite the spell. You just keep hold of my hands and concentrate on Tara, okay?”

“Got it. Concentrate on Tara, I can do that. How do we know if this works?”

“You’ll know. Now… close your eyes and concentrate.”

Willow held tight to Buffy’s hands as both girls closed their eyes. All of their thoughts moved towards Tara. The redhead sat in silence for a moment, before she squeezed Buffy’s hands tightly and began to recite the spell.

“Araydia, Goddess of the lost.

The path is murky.

The woods are dense.

Darkness pervades.

I beseech thee.

Bring the light.”

As she said the last words of the spell, two tiny lights of energy appeared before them. One was green, signifying Willow’s essence, the other red for Buffy. Willow briefly opened her eyes to make sure the spell had worked. ‘YAY… it worked. Okay…’

“Lead us to Tara,” Willow said, once she had closed her eyes again.

And that’s when they could both feel it. Their essences were moving down the stairs and through the front door, flying out into the daylight as little forms of energy balls, appearing much like fireflies.

Once outside, they were confused. They hummed around, but could see nowhere to go. There was a barrier holding them back; like a wall of some sort. They tried to move forward, but were pushed back. Something was holding Tara back. There was a mist around her that was masking the spell.

Willow could feel her energy being tugged back toward her body, as could Buffy, but they couldn’t give up. They had to find Tara.

The green energy pushed forward again, flying around Buffy’s red. The two met in the air and buzzed around each other as if they were playfully chasing each other and then they zipped forward together. Flying a few more inches through the air, before they were pushed back. The barrier around Tara once again held them back.

The two energies tried to fly higher, but it didn’t help. They were still pushed back.

They hovered in place for a moment, bumping into each other as if communicating. Willow slowly floated around Buffy’s essence before slowly pulling back and floating back in the direction of the house. The red energy soon followed and they were momentarily pushed back inside their bodies.

“No!” Is all Willow could manage to squeak out as she collapsed forward and fell into Buffy. She sobbed loudly at the turn of events. “Tara…” she breathed.

All of her hope collapsed around her and she felt herself giving up. Willow couldn’t bear the thoughts that were floating around in her mind. She just couldn’t. The only thing the redhead wanted was to throw her arms around her beloved and never let go, but now it seemed impossible. Would she ever find her? Her grip on Buffy tightened.

Buffy’s thoughts toyed with her as well. She hated seeing her best friend like this. This was worse then anything she could ever dream about; it was too much.

Pulling back slowly, she put her hands on the other girl’s shoulders and pushed her back. “Will… it’s gonna be okay. We’ll find her. Tell you what, instead of me just sitting here, I’m gonna go out and look for her. Okay?”

Willow nodded, her bottom lip trembling. She watched as her best friend jumped to her feet and headed out of the room. A couple of seconds later she heard the front door shut.

Her body fell back till she bumped into the bed. She stared up at the ceiling willing it to move. ‘Just collapse, why don’t ya? Get it over with.’ As soon as that thought formed, the redhead knew she didn’t mean it. That would mean giving up. And that was not going to happen. Not with Tara still out there somewhere. She shook her head, shaking the thought away. Tears still slithered down her pale cheeks.

Bringing a hand up, Willow brushed them away. “Why didn’t that spell work? It was all avoidy with the finding. I don’t get it,” she said out loud, as if the air could answer her back. ‘Maybe I should call Giles. Or… should I go with Buffy? No… she probably wants to do this alone.’

Slowly, she stood to her feet and grabbed her house keys off the dresser. Taking the stairs two at a time, she quickly yanked the front door open and locked it, before taking off running in the general direction for the Magic Box. ‘I hope Giles can help.’

The bell above the door chimed as the door was lazily pushed open. For an early Saturday afternoon, the shop was unexpectedly empty.

Two feet padded along the carpet and once they reached the research table, Willow collapsed into one of the chairs, slightly out of breath from running most of the way there.

“Ah… good afternoon, Willow.” The watcher came in the room from behind one of the stacks of books.

“Hey Giles,” she said, rather unenthusiastically.

This made Giles look over at her more observantly and he took in her tired features. The wrinkles on her forehead were more pronounced as if she had been thinking intensely. “Are you quite alright?” he asked worriedly.

“Just peachy,” she said sarcastically, before looking up into the eyes of the man she considered to be a second father to her. “No… I’m not. I can’t find Tara. The spell wouldn’t work and… and… Buffy went out to look for her. And to top it off… I have a headache. So, no… I’m not alright.”

Giles frowned at Willow. “Did you say spell?” He pulled one of the chairs over to sit in front of the redhead.

“Yeah. Buffy and I were doing the guiding spell to try and find Tara, but it didn’t work. It was like something was holding us back.”

“Holding you back?” he asked curiously.

“There was like a wall or something. We couldn’t get through. And then, we were back in our bodies.”

The former librarian squeezed Willow’s forearm reassuringly. “I’m sure Tara’s fine.”

“I need her to be,” the redhead whispered, sadly.

Giles pinched the bridge of his nose before continuing. “Now, about the spell. You said there was some type of barrier, not allowing it to work?”

“It was weird. It was like a wall or something holding Tara back. Like a masking spell or something? Do you think she would do that? Wouldn’t she want me to find her? Why would she do that? She can’t…”

“Willow, calm down. Getting worked up about this won’t help. You must keep your thoughts rational. I don’t think Tara would do this willingly. Someone probably put her up to it, or did it without her knowledge.”

The redhead nodded, but a frown still formed on her lips. “Is there a way around it? Can we make it go poof? The barrier…”

“I don’t know. I’ll have to consult my books. Perhaps you could help me?”

“Sure. Where do we start?” Willow was happy to offer her help, if it meant finding a way to get to Tara.

“Start what?” Anya said as she came back up the stairs from the storage room.

“A spell Willow and Buffy did, didn’t work and we’re trying to find out why,” Giles explained.

“A spell? I thought you gave up magic?”

“It wasn’t dark magic,” Willow said defensively. “And I did give that up. Nope… no more dark magic for me.”

“Then what was it?” questioned Anya.

“It was a guiding spell,” Giles offered.

“Oh… well, why didn’t it work?” said the ex-demon, looking confused.

Willow puffed out a long sigh. “That’s what we’re trying to find out. Do you want to help?”

Giles was handing over a few books he thought might help, as Willow looked questioningly at Anya.

“I have, uh… things to do, Willow. We’re not all students!” she said annoyed, as she trotted over behind the counter to the cash register.

“Fine… count the money. I might as well have asked you to go without sex for a day.” Willow said this under her breath, out of earshot from Giles.

“I do want to help though. I like Tara. She’s an outsider, like me,” Anya pointed out.

“She’s not an outsider!” Willow said, angrily.

“Well… she used to be then, but not now. She’s a Scooby, kinda like me now.”

“Yes… she’s a Scooby,” the redhead said proudly. ‘A Scooby who should be here right now.’ She whimpered sadly at that thought.

Coming back over to the table, the watcher sat down. “Alright. We should start with these and then move on accordingly.” He motioned to the books on the table.

TBC...

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Because you would have done anything for, ME... but look what you did for a complete stranger. In greater love, hath no person, nor Angel, then to give her life for another." ~ Zach to Monica, "Touched By An Angel: I Will Walk With You, P2"

Edited by: Jennpurr at: 6/22/03 9:14 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:54 am 
Quote:
the vamp nurd,

Hee… thank you, sweetie. I’m glad you’re curious. Hope I don’t disappoint you.

Look below for updates.

When to you Miss Jenpurr disappoint???

Not in my life time.

Miss Slowcome's Pussy! Sorry having an Are You Being Served Day.

:kiss the :geek or kiss the geek

Sorry I missed church, I was busy becoming a lesbian and worshiping Satan

Bardlet no #27

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:25 pm 
WOW!!!!

i love your fic! :clap i'm never disappointed when i read one of your fics, you always seem to amaze me! thanks for sharing! krrp it up, well i can't wait for the up-date!

Krystle

Post subject: Hi Kittens... not an update
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:57 pm 
Hey kittens, :heart

I'm sorry that this isn't an update and if I got you guys excited for nothing, I'm truely sorry.

I hope to have an update to one of my fics soon, I just don't know which one it will be. Besides the three on-going fics I have started on this board, I also have two or three floating around in my brain, begging to be written. A couple of them I have already started. They are just waiting to be finished or waiting for the inspiration to hit so they will go some where.

Anyway... I just wanted you guys to know that I hadn't forgotten about you. Hopefully I'll be back soon with an update. I've just been so busy lately, but next week I'll have four days off in row. I'm hoping my muse will cooperate then and help me with some inspiration. I'm not making any promises, though.

Hope to see you kittens soon. :kiss

**HUGS**

Jen

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Phoebe: Be vewy, vewy quiet. We're hunting demons. ~ Charmed: Season 2, "P3 H20"

Post subject: Re: FIC: Eyes Of The Soul
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:24 pm 
5. Willowhand

bring back kitttytara

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19