The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April Challenge: Poll open
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:43 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 10
Welcome to another monthly* challenge. If you're unfamiliar, the point of these challenges is to give writers of all experience levels a chance to do something different. Never written fiction before? Pick up your keyboard and get your feet a little wet. You might like it. Or you'll just mock me for mixing metaphors. For those with long, ongoing stories, having something small and on the side to work on can be a great break. And if we're very lucky, we may coax a legend out of (semi) retirement.

Basic rules: Write a story containing the seed elements and obeying the board rules. Post it in this thread by the end of April 30th. You may post a story after the end-of-month deadline, but it won't be considered for voting. You can submit as many stories as you like, but if you submit more than one, you must pick one as your "entry" for voting purposes.

Seed elements:
-Easter
-Easter candy
-Passover
-Matzo/matzah/whatever transliteration you want to use
-A shower (any kind of shower. Rain. Baby. Wedding. Sexy.)<--I think this one was used back in the day, and as it's April, it seemed appropriate

Length maximum:
Since this month's challenge is only two weeks long, I'm capping length. Stories must be two thousand words or shorter.

Feel free to be indirect in your incorporation of these elements, but if you don't actually say the words, give us an explanatory note. Like, a character wondering if painting lamb's blood over the doorways would confer any mythical protection in Sunnydale would count as a Passover reference, but unless you say the word "Passover," you should give a note. You can use either secular or religious allusions.

*Why yes it is nearly halfway through April. *cough* Don't think of me as lazy, think of me as "awesome in slow motion."

Last edited by BeMyDeputy on Tue May 08, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: April Challenge: Open to all
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:18 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
BeMyDeputy wrote:
-A shower (any kind of shower. Rain. Baby. Wedding. Sexy.)<--I think this one was used back in the day, and as it's April, it seemed appropriate

Assuming this is the correct reference, it was in the WillTaralympics 2007: An RKT Sports Spectacular and I wrote the first short story and then a shower scene for each. And yes, one of them is a wedding shower.

Last edited by JustSkipIt on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:51 pm 

JustSkipIt wrote:
BeMyDeputy wrote:

Assuming this is the correct reference, it was in the WillTaralympics 2007: An RKT Sports Spectacular and I wrote the first short story and then a shower scene for each. And yes, one of them is a wedding shower.

Yes, I was thinking of the shower scenes during that. I think the whole NC-17 shower vs. wedding shower thing just stuck in my head. And again, with the April-y-ness of showers. 'N stuff.

Also, for those who aren't in the KB Facebook group, I cannot claim credit for the "awesome in slow motion" description of myself; it comes from drlloyd11.

Last edited by BeMyDeputy on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:25 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
TITLE: Sounds Like Heaven
AUTHOR: Delayne T. Buranek
RATING: G
DISCLAIMER: Enter standard Disclaimer here. In Other Words, I own none of it, I use it not for profit anyway. I used to do this in hopes it would impress girls but I’m committed now so that is out of the question. But we have nothing to our name except our two dogs and you’ll have to kill me before taking them.
SUMMARY: It’s a fic challenge piece. Easter, Passover, Showers…. Just read it.
NOTE: Here I thought I would not be participating this month and now I’m the first one here…. Word count is a paltry 786. So… definitely within the 2K.

December 2011

Tara was certainly showing now. And they had just visited the doctor and had found out which direction to go in choosing baby names and clothes. It was gloomy when they went in and came back out to a rain shower that soaked them quickly as they ran to the car. Clearly, it was a good day to stay inside, start a fire and have hot cocoa (actually non-caffeinated, herbal tea for the baby carrying Mama and chocolate for Willow).

They had also picked up another bag of oranges for Tara. She was changing her cravings. Last month it started with the classic pickles. And before that Tara had gone through a lot of matzo (only the Manischewitz brand they discovered) during the first trimester. She liked it better than saltines for settling her morning sickness tummy.

They were preparing for the holidays. Christmas was one of Willow’s favorite holidays because she never got to celebrate it with her friends when she was young.

They had already talked about what to do about religion when raising the child. It would be an open and learning process. The combination of Jewish, Christian and Pagan roots that mixed within the family required that sort of thing. They would celebrate it all.

Much to the chagrin of Willow’s parents of course. But they were happy they would at least participate in the child’s Jewish learning portion of it.

Which the due date for April 8th had put everyone into a bit of a tizzy. Such a big holiday weekend that was for their combined religious affiliations. Easter Sunday, Passover, and Pagan fertility celebrations. Big weekend.

Willow pulled out a box of miscellaneous Christmas items.

“Why is there Easter candy in this box?”

“What?” Tara asked looking up from her box where the Christmas stockings were laid in with care.

Willow pulled out a bag of jelly bean eggs in pastel colors. “Easter Candy. Christmas box?”

Tara shook her head. “I have no idea dear.”

Willow opened up the bag. “I wonder if they are still good.”

“Please don’t eat that.”

“Why not? Perfectly good jelly beans….” She popped one in her mouth. She promptly spit it back out. “Ugh… No. Stale. Bad.”

Tara gave her a look that was cross between attempting to be cross (especially after warning her) and smiling at the silliness of things that Willow did. Willow smiled sheepishly. She knew what a motherly look it was and knew she would be seeing it a lot more when their child came forth. It made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Then the phone rang.

Willow, having moved to throw away the stale gummied candies, was near to the phone and picked it up without checking the Caller ID.

“Hello?”

Tara listened to the one side of the conversation

“Mom… Hi.” Willow said less enthusiastically than her initial greeting.

“No we just got back and were about to call you.”

“Really. No joke. I promise. Just got back. Of course I am going to tell you.”

“You have a grandson on the way.”

Willow held the phone away from her ear and Tara could hear her mother-in-laws shrieks of joy from her distance.

Tara was actually happy to hear that sound. Sure her in-laws had seemed a little iffy when they first got together. She knew they honestly believed it was some sort of phase. They were never cold to Tara but they had never quite warmed up either. Until they announced they were pregnant. Now they were getting more involved and finally realized that this was not a short term thing. They also made Willow promise that she would have the next one.

Tara heard the voice change as Willow brought the phone back to her ear.

“I know Dad. We’ll think about it.”

“Eww. Dad that is gross.”

“Love you too. Talk to you later.”

Willow hung up the phone and shook her head.

“What is gross, sweetie?”

“Dad said he’ll have the lamb ready in April. First born son and all.”

Tara knew the Passover story, the blood of the lamb as a signal that the first born son of the household was to be passed-over during the tenth plague.

“Also he suggested Ira is a fine name for a young man.”

“We’ll think about it?” Tara repeated Willow’s statement.

“Well, yeah, done and already thought about with a resounding ‘No.’ Is that okay with you?”

“I am with you on that one.”

“What do you say we take a break? I will make you some more tea. We can sit and go through the baby name book and I will rub your feet. Sound good?”

“Sounds like heaven.”

The End

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
Title- A bad day gets better
Author- Mgraham93
Rating Pg13
Disclaimer Buffy the vampire slayer belongs to Joss Whedon
Feedback- always appreciated.
Spoiler wise- it’s a sequel to Falling in love at Christmas one of my other stories but it should still make sense..
Summary- Willow has a bad day but it gets better. Each of the seeds are here and it’s 504 words.

The day hadn’t gone well for Willow she’d ended up stuck in the magic box listening to Anya and Dawn arguing about the Easter bunny Dawn defending it as it was nice little thing for kids while Anya had explained that the Easter eggs and other candies was merely a modern addition and that the Easter bunny had actually existed and how it had been a savage demonic rabbit which once a year had to be appeased with an offering of food, long before it had become some cartoon bunny. She was quite happy when Giles reminded the pair that the holidays did have religious meaning and it wasn’t just about chocolates.

As she walked home the heavens opened leaving her soaked from head to toe by the rain as she arrived home she was quietly cursing a range of different deities however her mood almost immediately changed as she opened the door and saw Tara waiting for her with two large mugs of hot chocolate.

“Sweetie your soaked lets get you dry,” Tara’s voice was filled with concern as she placed the mugs on the side and helped Willow out of her soaked clothes then dry off and eventually ended up cuddled up on the couch underneath a blanket.

“So how was today,” Tara asked.

“Until I got home, bad you weren’t there” Willow said

“How about after?” Tara asked already knowing what the answer would be just from the look on Willow’s face.

“So much better,” Willow beamed

“I’m glad,” Tara smiled as she ran her fingers through Willow’s hair.

“How about you how was your day?” Willow asked from her comfortable position resting her head on Tara’s chest.

“Not too bad, we’re all packed for going to your parents tomorrow.”

“Oh yeah that’s tomorrow.” Willow said having forgotten all about it during the day at the magic box.

Ever since Willow and Tara had gotten together while Tara was staying over for the holidays they decided to have family get together ‘s regularly, tomorrow they were going round for Passover and they were staying for a couple of days.

“I can’t wait to have your dad’s Metzoh tomorrow, “

“It’s one of his specialties

“Going to your parents for the holidays is always nice, especially that first christmakauh,” Tara smiled happily as she spoke

“Well once I figured out I was actually the mystery girl.”

“I thought it was sweet, just like you,” Tara kissed Willow gently on the lips

“Awe baby, I’m glad I was wrong,” Willow said before kissing Tara again.

“I’m glad you were wrong as well sweetie but it did make that Christmas even better what with you spending the first few days going out of your way to impress me

“Remember New Year’s though.”

They had gone on their first date on New Year’s eve when they arrived at Buffy’s arm in arm Anya had greeted them with cheers which quickly became a chorus

“I do, it was wonderful,”

“When I’m with you even the worst day would still be good.” Willow kissed Tara once more.

The End

Last edited by Mgraham93 on Tue May 01, 2012 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
I got the idea for this fic years ago, when I first read the casting sides for “Hell’s Bells” (before it was even filmed) and it included a line that was cut from the script, where Xander asked the ‘Old Man’ version of himself if Willow sent him the crystal back through time.
I loved that idea, this was when Willow was still “cold turkey” and it was far from clear she would get back with Tara or with magic, but even so Xander still had this faith in his Friend and her powers to make it all right. I think one of the many flaws of S7 is they ignored the Willow and Xander friendship, when so much could have been done with it. The moment in Triangle when he quickly added Tara to his “three favorite girls” was so sweet.
I wanted to fill in the gaps in this world that wasn’t. I was always fascinated by the ever after for the scoobs.

Title-Hell's Bells revisited
Author- drlloyd11
Rating Pg13
Disclaimer Buffy the vampire slayer belongs to Joss Whedon , until I buy it back
Feedback- always appreciated.
Summary- you'll see.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Anya!”
Xander started to flip channels with a bored look.
“Anya!” He called out again.
From the hallway the kids came running in, the big brother chasing his sister with a gleeful and malign look. Easter candy smeared on their faces.
“Dadaaaaad” shouted the little girl, Josh is teasing me !”
Xander looked up for barely a second at the children.
“Sarah is a weirdo! Sarah is a weirdo!”
“The boy has a point”, he thought to himself. Her dog shaped ears a reminder of both that and his own unlikely paternity.
He turns away and starts his channel surfing again, pausing at the occasional nudity.
“What?”. Anya snapped. She was hovering over her husband, arms folded over her pink “Mary Kay” outfit.
“Are you going out again?” he asked her, looking up from the easy-chair.
“I’m doing a makeover party” she reminded him.

“I thought you hated those?”, and as Xander said this he could he tell his voice was sharp and disapproving, but he if looked back over time he would realize he did feel sympathy at that time.
But resentment is stronger in a given moment.

“What does he want me to do?”, she thought? Sit home? Pick up his beer cans and police the kids and try to while away the time till she could sleep?
“Someone has to make some money around here!”
Xander winced, somehow he was back in the basement being bossed around, he was being humiliated in class by a teacher, or was just powerless in so many other ways he was used to.
“What do you want me to do? My back is shot?”
Anya’s eyes narrowed, she had heard all this before.
“And whose fault is that?”
There is a moment in a fight when people who love each other cross a line, they say something they can take back only so many times before the well is dry and now it’s not a mistake anymore but a shared fact.
This was that moment.
“Not the Buffy thing again!”
“Well what where doing running around out there? You had no business fighting demons with her-“
“You used to love it!”, he shouted at her, the fight really getting to a boil.
“It was so hot the way you almost got paralyzed”
“Well, maybe if you'd been there, for a change, backing me up-“
It was too late to go back now
“I was working! You stopped, remember? Everything stopped when you had to save the world-“
“Buffy needed me, I had to help her”.
“Well it didn’t save her, did it? It only ruined our lives”.
She had drawn blood, and she regretted it before his expression even changed to one of defeat.
The first time she said that, she had taken it back and all was forgiven. But it was a hundred times ago.
“I’ll be late”, and she started to walk out.
The door slammed
“I hope you crash your stupid pink car” he yelled.
He sat down, angry and humiliated. But he heard the door open right back up.
“Xander!!!” she shouted,
He jumped up and ran to the kitchen “What!? What?! What else do you want to say to me you Bit-”, and then stopped short when he got to the doorway.
Anya was standing at the door, with the two comfortably dressed ladies and their little girl standing in the doorway. Tara and Colleen looked a little stunned, but Willows smiling face was there. He suddenly remembered, they were in town to see Shelia for Passover and Willow said they would stop by first.
Her pretty red hair and her bright smile stared back at him , Like she did when they were 5 or 15 or 20. But her eyes dark dead eyes ruined the effect. He had not seen them since the night he hurt his back, and Willow was burned…and Buffy..they lost Buffy”
He was as glad to see his best friend as he could possibly be. She was there in the nick of time again.

----------------part 2----------------

"Hey you " she said. She let go of Tara's hand ,slipped of her shoes and walked across the room to gave Xander a hug.
Tara smiled, "its so nice to see old friends, especially when they *awek*" and with that she was cut off my a scary big hug from Anya.
"Oh Tara, my best and most true friend in the world" Anya said while squeezing her neck with a too tight hug.. Tara and Colleen looked at its other, and then at Xander. He shrugged indicating he had absolutely no idea what was up with her either.
Tara struggled loose, and then Anya moved on to Colleen. "Oh my sweet sweet little neice, such a sweet and wonderful girl" and she showered her cheeks with kisses.
Before Anya could continue Josh and Sara came in, happy to see their cousin.
Anya, without a moments hesitation pushed Colleen over to them like she was on fire, saying.."Look , your peer group, talk about things appropriate to your age and gender. Josh, Sarah, you remember Colleen Anne Rosenberg, your cousin".
She instantly turned to Xander and Willow, why don't you two talk in the living room, and Tara and I can catch up.
She put her arm tightly around a now visibly alarmed Tara ,"Us ladies can catch up".
Even without her sight, Willow could feel the concern from Tara. She shrugged in that "I don't know whats going on either" way, and let Xander drag her into the Living room.

As soon as they left, Anya turned to Tara and said "We need to discuss marriage and its issues, and as my closest female friend you must join me in chocolate".
Tara warily accepted the offer and sat down at the kitchen table..

-----The kids---
Sarah took Colleens hand and pulled her into the hallway with the bedrooms. After a brief tug of war with Josh over whose room to go in, the children entered Sarah's room.

"Colleen, how was England? Did you meet the Princess?"
"Shut up Sarah, don't ask her dumb questions" her brother interjected. He turned to Colleen and in his most suave possible way asked if she liked horror movies with Cannibals and chainsaws..
Gently extracting her self Colleen sat down. "Is you guy's Mom alright?"
"No, her and Dad fight all the time, and she keeps trying to put makeup on me and get Josh to play football".
Josh nodded, "she is pretty much freaking out all the time about money and how lazy my dad is".
Sarah changed the subject.."So your Mom can see with her feet?"
Colleen paused ,"sort of ,or when she holds Moms hand she can see what ever she sees too. Sometimes they know the same thing at the same time".
Colleen paused, self consciously aware suddenly that outside the kids whose parents are in the Coven in England or Salem, this was going to sound weird. Then again, she noticed that how Sarah's floppy ears would perk up a little like a hound dogs when she was listening, and figured maybe its not so weird.
"Do you want to see my spiders?" Josh happily perked up.

----
Willow walked along the carpeting to the seat in the living room. She could feel alot of grime and grit in the carpet under her toes, a far cry from the spic and span of the hardwood floors of home.
She sat down on a couch, with Xander across in his chair.
"Will, Its been two years, please tell me you are back for good!"
Willow smiled, "I'm just here for three days, and then we have to go back to Boston. I have a lot of work at the institute and Tara is leading the spring ritual there", she added somewhat proudly.
"Maybe we can watch a movie, or go the Bronze, ok its now a TGIF, but we can eat or"..
Willow stopped him. "I missed you too Xan, but its only three days"
Even with her sight she could feel his face drop. She put her hand to his cheek.
"We will always be friends Xan, best friends, but we are both big grownup people with little not-so- Grownup people to take care off".
"I know Will, its just... I miss the old days"
This was a topic Willow knew well.
"Things have been tough with you and Anya?"
Xander winced.."a little, we aren't honeymooners anymore".
Willow grinned, I remember your wedding. Those ugly dresses. I was so glad Giles was able to come. You were so nervous and he saw how tired I was with the Magic addiction and the no Tara. He gave you a pep talk and took me and later Tara to England to train with the Coven. He really came through for us".
"So Tara runs the Coven now?"
"She loves it, she loves Salem and that Colleen is growing up how Tara wishes she could have".
Xander got silent.."Do you think I made a mistake? Do you think we both did?"

-----------------------------------
In the kitchen Anya was talking Tara's ear off, filling her in on the many short comings of her own life.
"Jeepers", thought Tara,"Maybe I am her best friend, just because no one else wants the job".
Anya stopped her torrent of words for a second.."Why did they do it for her, why did they get so banged up and hurt. Why didn't they keep safe? Why did they hurt them selves for her, but wouldn't stay safe with us".
Tara frowned...it was going to be a long night..

To be continued.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:28 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

So who won? Time for voting?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:09 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
We all win!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:12 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
I second that!! :applause :applause

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:47 pm 

Everybody wins, but who wins the most?

Post subject: Re: April Challenge: Poll open
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:20 am 
10. Troll Hammer

If the challenge is delayed, I would love to finish my story i started in this challenge. Would anyone like to read it?
I was a "fic virgin" as far a writing was concerned until this challenge, and now I am addicted :)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:40 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
TO THE IMPERIAL TRIUMVIRATE, THE TITANIC TRIO OF CHAMPIONS, I BOW BEFORE YOU ALL!!! :bow :bow :bow

Hey, you guys!

You kept the torch burning, good on ya, Mates! Seriously, well done! Here's some long overdue thanks and f/b!

Delayne
First, :applause for being the breaker of ice and leading off the competition!

Love the details, like Willow having hot chocolate and Tara having non-caffeinated herbal tea and then this:

Quote:
They had also picked up another bag of oranges for Tara. She was changing her cravings. Last month it started with the classic pickles. And before that Tara had gone through a lot of matzo (only the Manischewitz brand they discovered) during the first trimester. She liked it better than saltines for settling her morning sickness tummy.
Lovely, nails the precise individual quirkiness of a pregnant woman!

Then the utterly Willow moment of eating the ancient jelly beans, Tara's look, Willow's sheepish smile and happy glow thinking about Motherly Tara. Lovely. :love

Overall, tender, humorous true to their characters and it felt like a cup of chocolate and warm cuddles . . . Mmmmm.

Thanks! :flower

-------------------------------------

Matty,

Hilarity from the get-go:

Quote:
The day hadn’t gone well for Willow she’d ended up stuck in the magic box listening to Anya and Dawn arguing about the Easter bunny Dawn defending it as it was nice little thing for kids while Anya had explained that the Easter eggs and other candies was merely a modern addition and that the Easter bunny had actually existed and how it had been a savage demonic rabbit which once a year had to be appeased with an offering of food, long before it had become some cartoon bunny. She was quite happy when Giles reminded the pair that the holidays did have religious meaning and it wasn’t just about chocolates.
:lol :lmao :laugh :rofl and love the bit of Anya in this story!

Also love the Holiday details, Ira's metzoh and the celebration of "christmakauh" - a lovely holiday mash up! :grin

Bottom line, the love shines through - GREAT job!!! :bounce

Brad, hey! Sign me right up for more of your stuff! When I read that you're getting hooked on writing I was all with the :bounce -y goodness! You dug deeper, peeled back some layers . . . this was not a happy story but it definitely caught me.

Quote:
“The boy has a point”, he thought to himself. Her dog shaped ears a reminder of both that and his own unlikely paternity.
He turns away and starts his channel surfing again, pausing at the occasional nudity.
“What?”. Anya snapped. She was hovering over her husband, arms folded over her pink “Mary Kay” outfit.
“Are you going out again?” he asked her, looking up from the easy-chair.
“I’m doing a makeover party” she reminded him.
Love the angry pinkness, shades of the Demonic Bunny Costume!

The ending is rough, sad with a touch of wry humor:

Quote:
In the kitchen Anya was talking Tara's ear off, filling her in on the many short comings of her own life.
"Jeepers", thought Tara,"Maybe I am her best friend, just because no one else wants the job".
Anya stopped her torrent of words for a second.."Why did they do it for her, why did they get so banged up and hurt. Why didn't they keep safe? Why did they hurt them selves for her, but wouldn't stay safe with us".
Tara frowned...it was going to be a long night..

Your imagination and your knowledge of canon is amazing - keeping filling in the gaps, keep finding the new opportunity - you make a more interesting world.

Thanks! :bow

Okay you guys, there's only three of you so why is it STILL so hard to vote! :fit

Seriously, great job all of you and THANKS for sharing your talents! :clap :clap :flower :flower :flower :clap :clap (one flower for each!)

Ariel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:54 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Thanks for the feedback!