The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Quiet Saturday Mornings Complete 27th November 2008
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:10 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Topics: 1
Title: Quiet Saturday Mornings
Author: Paint the Sky
Rating: PG for now, it may go up to NC-17 if I can pluck up the courage!
Pairing: W/T
Disclaimer: AU. No spoilers whatsoever.
Summery: Shy, newly gay Willow Rosenberg and her first venture into love.
Notes: This is my first attempt at any kind of fiction since I left school many, many moons ago. After a long time reading the fic’s on this site and others I thought why the hell not, give it a whirl, try it on for size and all that.

Chapter 1

The library was quiet. It usually was on a Saturday morning. ‘I gotta get a life’ the red-headed girl thought to herself, ‘I mean, who else would be here on a Saturday. Just me, boring, old reliable Willow Rosenberg. Argg!! Stop talking to yourself in your head, its bordering on crazy’.

Willow continued to read the book she had selected from the Occult and Witchcraft section, when a shadow cast itself across the text. She looked up to see a blonde girl standing to the left of the table.

“Hi, sorry to disturb you, but the librarian told me you had the only copy of Spells of Speech and Silence, if you’re not planning on checking it out, um, could I have it when you’ve finished?” the blonde asked with a smile.

“Oh, yeah, sure, I’m not checking it out, just reading it, y’know, passing time, reading, learning, trying to take it all in.”

Willow realised that the blonde was looking at her in a somewhat bemused way, ‘Ah, I’m rambling again, Buffy, where are you when I need you?’

“Ok,” said the blonde, “Um, when you’re done I’ll be right over there, so you can bring the book over, that ok?”

Willow looked in the direction indicated by the blonde and nodded her affirmation, and smiled as the girl said thanks and walked back to her table.

‘Mmm… nice ass’ thought Willow as she watched the girl walk to her table.

Willow smiled to herself as she read a spell on silence. She thought about the blonde at the table over to her left. What would a blonde with a nice ass be doing here on a Saturday? ‘Same as you, doofus, reading, learning, taking it all in- oh crap, I actually did say that to her. I’m such a geek!!’

Over the subsequent hour Willow stole glances to her left while reading the book that would be the instrument of introduction properly to the blonde. ‘So’, she mused, ‘Things I know about the blonde, 1. She wants this book; therefore she’s interested in wicca, 2. She has a nice ass, 3. She’s patient, it’s been an hour and she hasn’t bothered me once for the book again, 4. She has a nice ass, oops I said that one already’

A buzzing from her bag interrupted Willow’s thoughts. In the quiet of the library the buzzing was imperceptibly loud and Willow panicked sending books crashing to floor in her efforts to retrieve her cell phone from her bag. Grabbing her phone she looked toward the blonde, who she noticed, was quietly laughing at the red-heads predicament.

Willow mouthed a sorry in the blonde’s direction and flipped the phone open and read the text message from Buffy.

She quickly texted back telling Buffy that coffee would be good, and she would see her in half an hour at the espresso pump.

She picked up the books from the shiny wooden floor, checking them for damage and brushing imaginary dust from their pages.

Willow returned all but one book to the shelves and headed over to the blonde who was also packing up to leave.

“Sorry, about the noise, I hope it didn’t disturb you too much. I’m such a klutz, but my phone, it seemed so loud, and I just wanted to make it quiet, and um, then it wasn’t so quiet, and libraries are quiet places aren’t they, I mean a noisy library, who could concentrate in that, what with the need to concentrate and everything”

‘Shut up, Willow, for the love of Gaia, please shut up now’ she silently screamed at herself.

“That’s ok, a little noise never hurt anyone” the other girl said with a smile, which put Willow at ease.

“Well, here’s the book you wanted. I hope you weren’t bored waiting for it, it’s just when I read I get engrossed and I didn’t realise the time, and if it hadn’t been for the text message I probably would’ve still been reading, and you would’ve still been waiting…”

“Honestly” said the blonde, “It’s fine, I didn’t mind waiting, I had work to do, so, y’know, so waiting not a problem”

As Willow set the book on the table her hand briefly touched the blonde’s. ‘Ooh! Tingles, never felt that before, strange, but nice’

They looked at each other and smiled. ‘Did she feel it too?’ Willow asked herself.

“Thank you”

“You’re welcome, enjoy the book, I know I did” enthused Willow, “Well, I’ll say goodbye and happy reading” and not knowing why, she added “Maybe I’ll see you again”

“I’m around the library most days, so, you probably will” the other girl informed her.

Willow smiled at her and lightly waved goodbye as she headed to the exit.

Twenty minutes later she reached the espresso pump and seen Buffy waiting at a table.

“Hey, Buff, am I late, I was at the library”

“Hey, Will, how were the books, do they miss me?” laughed Buffy.

“Oh, Buffy, you would have to actually visit them more than once for them to miss you” said Willow with good natured sarcasm.

“That’s true, but me and books, very un-mixy. So, did you go to the campus GLTB meeting last night” Looking at her friend she knew the answer was no. “Willow, shame on you. You promised that this time you would go”

“I know, I know, but I’m just getting used to this. It’s like I’m not ready yet to go public. It’s one thing telling yourself “I’m gay”, then telling you, but that went better than I thought, but going out in the big gay world, that’s a step I’m not ready for yet. Maybe next time, yeah?”

Buffy smiled at her friend and softly said “ I’ll go with you, you know that. You have my full support and love Willow, I just want you to be happy. I want you to meet someone who can see how wonderful you are, you deserve to be happy.”

Willow thought about the girl in the library and smiled, “Buffy, I think I’ve met someone I could like”

“What, when, how, and more importantly, where?” an amazed Buffy asked with obvious excitement.

“The library” said Willow, “this morning, she asked for the book I was reading”

“And” encouraged her friend, “then what”

“And, well, that was it. I gave her the book just before I left, she thanked me, I said maybe I would see her again, she said she was there quite often and it was likely I would”

“What’s her name?” Buffy looked at Willow. “You did get her name, please tell me you introduced yourself?”

Sheepishly, Willow replied, in a small voice, “No”

Buffy shook her head and smiled “Well, my shy, newly gay, friend, we have a mission. Operation library.”

Last edited by Paint the Sky on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 30 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:49 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

This looks like an interesting story. I might need to keep my eye on it. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:04 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hi, and welcome to the world of kitten fanfriction, um, I mean fiction. This story is cute and I see some potential for steaminess, so yeah, maybe I did mean friction.

Can't wait to see what happens with Buffy's mission of "Meet The Lesbian With the Nice Ass".

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:12 pm 
5. Willowhand

Location: Behind the tree, outside the window. Waving at you.
Kewl start. I lurve shy, clumsy Willow. :bounce

Please, continue. :)

P.S.
Quote:
Stop talking to yourself in your head, its bordering on crazy’.

Is it crazy to talk to other people in your head? I don't really care just, one of us wants to know.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:42 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Add another reader to your list!

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:59 pm 
3. Flaming O

lol. 'operation library'. very nice.
i'm watching this thread now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:50 am 
12. Recently Gay

OMG!!! I got feedback. Now i know why all the writers here write. What a buzz. really, I'm so touched. I so promise that from now on I'll do the same for others.

SithLordWiccan: Interesting fic, eh? Lets hope I can keep it going.

Wimpy0729: Fanfriction. Like I said, if I can pluck up the courage it should go 'all the way'. Even in anonimity I'm a shy kitten, but a few beers and with a 'what the hell 'attitude I'll give it a go.

Psy: I love shy clumsy Willow too. Hell, I love any kind of Willow.

diamondforever: I hope I keep you reading, glad you enjoyed it.

KloeFrost: Methinks Buffy has been around soldier boy too long!!

So, dear readers, on to Chapter 2. I should say that I had this planned from just Willow's perspective, but then I thought, no, gotta get it from both sides. In retrospect, I think I can get a better plot development and more scope from giving Tara's point of view aswell.

Title: Quiet Saturday Morning’s
Disclaimer: AU. No spoilers whatsoever.
Summary: Shy, newly gay Willow Rosenberg and her first venture into love.
Notes: This is my first attempt at any kind of fiction since I left school many, many moons ago. After a long time reading the fic’s on this site and others I thought why the hell not, give it a whirl, try it on for size and all that.

Chapter 2

As she walked through Sunnydale on her way to the The Magic Box, the blonde passed the espresso pump, where, to her very pleasant surprise she saw the red-head from the library.

‘Now’s your chance Tara’ she thought, ‘Go in, order a tea, and make contact’. Make contact, god, where am I, the Starship Enterprise?’

Hoping she wouldn’t be noticed Tara watched the red-head talk intently with her friend.

Tara’s mind wandered back to their earlier meeting in the library. She smiled as she remembered the red-heads quirky explanations, the blush on the girl’s cheeks when the books clattered to floor, but, mostly she remembered the lips mouthing ‘sorry’, and the tingle in her hand when the red-head set the book on the desk.

Tara looked at her watch and decided that even if she had the courage to ‘make contact’, she quietly giggled at that thought, she didn’t really have the time. With one last look she reluctantly continued her journey to The Magic Box.

The tinkle of a bell announced Tara’s entrance in the shop and a disembodied voice called out “Welcome to the Magic Box, please look around, make a purchase and I will gladly take your money”

Tara giggled at the usual welcome and called out that it was “just me, Anya” and not a customer.

“Oh, damn” Anya pouted, as she rose up from behind the counter, “I thought it was someone coming to spend some money”

Tara walked to the counter, setting her bag and coat on a large round table on the way. Reaching the counter, Tara looked at her best friend and smiled.

“What were you doing behind there, drop a nickel again?” she laughed.

Anya smiled, and nodded her head “Look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves”.

“Oh, ok” Tara replied, not quite sure what Anya meant, and not for the first time. “Anyway, stocktaking, here I am, ready, willing and able” she added with a smile.

As they worked Anya asked Tara had she gone to the GLBT meeting the night before. “Um, no, sorry, I know I said I would go, but I had to work on a paper, I even had to go to the library this morning to finish it” she said hoping Anya would let her off the hook.

From the look on her friend’s face Tara knew she was in line for a lecture. ‘Ok, Tara, just take it, Anya’s your friend, best interests at heart and all that.’

“Tara, you promised” said Anya, with more than a dollop of disappointment. “you’ve been in Sunnydale three months and apart from me, who is the best friend a girl could have” she proudly said, “ you haven’t met anyone else. You gotta get out there. How else will you get that gay lovin’? What kind of women are you gonna meet in a library, for frick’s sake. Mousey, bookish types, with bad eyesight from all that reading, that’s what” Anya stopped talking, and looked at Tara with a quizzical expression.

‘Oh, no, Anya is looking at me. Why is she looking at me like that? Keep talking Anya, let it go. Nothing to know here, move along…’ Tara thought, inwardly panicking.

“Mousey, bookish types” Anya said again, watching Tara’s expression closely.

“Hah! Gotcha” exclaimed the shop owner “That expression on your face gives it all away. Mousey, bookish type, my ass. Spill, Maclay, and leave nothing out, I want all the gory details”.

Seeing her friend’s determined look, Tara threw her hands in the air and admitted defeat. “Ok, ok, you’re right. Let’s sit down and I’ll tell you about it, but there are no gory details. Jeez, always with the gore” she said with humour as she sat on a crate that was stamped ‘Genuine Moulded Plastic’.

Anya clapped her hands quietly, but, excitedly as Tara told her about the red-head. She nodded knowingly as Tara described the brief but amusing conversation. Tara told Anya that she had seen the girl in the coffee shop on her way over, but hadn’t ventured in.

“What!” Anya exclaimed, making Tara jump. “You had another chance to speak to her and you didn’t. Why?”

“She was with someone” Tara explained. “A blonde girl, a friend, her girlfriend even. They were talking quietly, um, it didn’t seem the right thing to do, disturb them y’know?” she finished sadly.

“Tara, sometimes you have to take a chance” said Anya softly.

“I know, but this girl, I don’t know, what if she’s not interested. I think I could really like her Anya”
Anya watched a tear slowly slide down her friend’s cheek, and grabbing her in a fierce hug she said firmly “Then, we’ll find out.”

Wiping away the tear Tara looked at her friend and smiled “How?” she asked.

“Ok, what do we know about the red-head, 1. She goes to the library, 2. She reads books on Wicca, 3. She has amusing speech patterns, 4. She’s not mousey and bookish, 5. She may or may not have a girlfriend? Anything else, Tara?”

“Mmm,… nice ass” Tara said dreamily slapping a hand over her mouth hoping the words hadn’t reached Anya’s eager ears.

Anya looked at her usually shy friend “Yay! Go Tara! That’s the kinda thinking you should be doing”.

An embarrassed Tara smiled at her friend “Oh hell, what have I gotten into to. Argg!! Ok, Anya, we’ll do it your way. What have I got to lose?”

Anya threw herself at Tara telling her “You won’t regret this, and the only thing you’re gonna lose, girlie, are your inhibitions!”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:03 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

omg I missed the first update my bad......anyway this fic's really good hope they'll go at the GLTB and then to coffee food and....well, the rest is history!!! keep 'em coming!!

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:14 am 
19. Yummy Face

Great story so far... update-y goodness soon?

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:29 am 
2. Floating Rose

just spotted this story, and im so glad i did. i cant wait for the next update, keep it coming :pray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:55 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Awesome chapter. And I loved the "Genuine Molded Plastic" nod.

Hope you keep going. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Quote:
‘Now’s your chance Tara’ she thought, ‘Go in, order a tea, and make contact’. Make contact, god, where am I, the Starship Enterprise?’

This had me lmao. Thanks for the geek humor. I really appreciate it. I like your story, it's starting off very nicely and I like where it's going. Please continue!

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."
Michael Cunningham, The Hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:26 am 
5. Willowhand

Aww... this is a right on little fic you have going. I always enjoy Willow's gay/Buffy's aware and cool and funny about it fics. So, Paint the Sky... I got you flagged as a writer to read. So encourage you to continue, I shall. Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:11 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Yay, another update! And so soon, even better.

I just wanna say I think you have hit these characters all spot on, even Buffy and Anya (who I love btw).

Seems these two have some good friends with some good plans, so hopefully they'll manage to get together soon.

I think this is just adorable, and hey, if you need a few drinks to get the courage to do the steamy stuff (hopefully, eventually), I'll be sending a 12 pack your way very soon, maybe some wine or even buy you some shots if you really want it to get down and dirty. ;-)

Keep up the good work!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:16 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I'm liking this story so count me as one of your faithful kitten readers! Great ass! oh ummm I mean story :blush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:20 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Wow, more feedback. And all of it complimentry. I'm seriously stunned.
replies first and then Chapter 3.

jay/wt4evr: Thanks for reading. Yep, coffe, food and the rest are guarenteed, eventually!

Zampsa1975: updatey goodness ahoy!

adwrsj: your wait is over

SithLordWiccan: Yeah, I couldn't resist the GMP thing. It was that or 'Handle with Care-Live Mummy Hands'. Think I picked the right one.

Pipsberg: I'm a geek and I'm proud.

Katjetson: I like cool Buffy. When I think of the Buffy Willow relationship I see that moment in season 3 under the tree when Willow tells her she's staying in Sunnydale.

wimpy0279: Keep those drinks on ice. no shots tho', don't wanna see :pinky :pinky :pinky

whatmakesyouhappy: Glad your enjoying the fic. I'm having fun writing it.

Disclaimer: AU. No spoilers whatsoever. Oh, forgot to add that I don’t own any of the characters in BTVS, I’m only playing with them.
Summary: Shy, newly gay Willow Rosenberg and her first venture into love.

Chapter 3

“Operation library? Oh no, Buffy please. No pseudo army type activity. It’s a girl, a library, not a beach-head with an invading horde of nasties” As she spoke, Willow’s hands whirled around like mini windmills emphasising her nervousness at the thought of Buffy going into military mode.

Buffy stuck out her bottom lip and gave Willow her best pout. “No, Buffy. Be my friend, not my commanding officer” continued Willow.

“If you’re sure, then fine,” said a resigned Buffy when confronted by the red-heads resolve face. “What’s your plan of attack then?”

Willow shrugged her shoulders and offered weakly “Hang out at the library, wait, worry, wonder, weminisce”.

Buffy looked at her strangely, “Weminisce?”

“Sorry, just trying to keep the W theme going” Willow explained suppressing a nervous laugh.

“Ok, Will, your way it is. Will’s way with waiting, worrying and weminiscing” alliterated Buffy before dissolving into giggles.

Willow watched her friend laughing at her own words and broke into a huge smile, ‘Things will be fine, Buffy is with me and I can do this’. She looked at her watch, eyes wide with panic “Buff, not to break up your laughter fest, but, I gotta go do that job across town”.

Buffy snorted as she calmed down and the laughter subsided, “Oops, sorry Will, yeah, me too. Mom has a date tonight and I’ve gotta babysit the brat. Y’know, there’s something very wrong when your Mom has a date and it’s you that’s sitting in on a Saturday night. It’s like the universe is outta balance or something “

Willow smiled at Buffy’s comment and remembered how sad Buffy had been when Reilly had been posted away, but four months later her friend was her usual bubbly self. They’d talked about the difficulties of long distance relationships and how a clean break was the best thing all round. They’d talked about a lot of things during that time, including the fact that Willow thought she was ‘kinda gay’.

Buffy didn’t freak. Buffy didn’t say her name over and over again in a weird way. Buffy had been cool, and Willow had been relieved that her relationship with Buffy hadn’t changed. Any doubts Willow had, had disappeared when Buffy hugged her best friend and said “No matter what, Will, you have me. Gay Willow. Straight Willow, Bi Willow. Everyone needs a Willow”

“You’ll meet someone else Buffy, as sure as little green apples is little green apples, he, or she” Willow teased “could be just around the corner”.

“You never know Will, you never know. Bye, see you tomorrow, yeah?”

“Bye, Buff, say Hi to the brat for me”

Out on the street Willow searched her bag for the piece of paper she knew was there, reading it she headed off down Main Street past the Sun Cinema. She looked up at the awning to read the name of the movie playing that week.

‘Of all the libraries, in all the world she had to walk into mine’ Willow thought in her best Bogey impression as she noted that Casablanca was playing. She laughed softly to herself as she made her way to the address on the paper.

As she walked she thought back to the morning’s events and the blonde with the nice ass. She closed her momentarily and pictured the blonde. The girl not only had a nice ass, but beautiful blue eyes and a warm inviting smile. ‘Yeah’ thought Willow, ‘Stop fixating on the ass, there’s more to admire than that. Her voice was nice too, not that she said much what with you babbling on like an idiot. But she did say she used the library often. And what was all that with Buffy. Operation library. That was Reilly’s influence, dumb soldier boy. A girl like… who?.... arg!! I need a name. I can’t keep saying ‘the blonde’. Why didn’t I get her name? Why didn’t I tell her mine? Stupid Willow, stupid, stupid, stupid!!. Anyway a girl like her, needs more finesse. You just can’t go in all guns blazing, can you?’

Willow walked on, checking the address again when she came to a sudden stop. The heel of her right hand repeatedly came into contact with her forehead. “Stupid, stupid stupid” Willow said again out loud this time to herself and to two passers-by who give her a wide berth and strange looks. Blushing, Willow realised what she had done and blushed all the more. ‘The book, she checked out the book. She was leaving when I did, she didn’t have time to look at it in the library… she checked out the book’ If Willow had looked up and seen light bulbs above her head she would not have been surprised. ‘Ok, Rosenberg, that’s better use of the grey cells.’ She looked at her watch, it was 2.15pm. ‘Damn, can’t go back to the library and make this appointment too. Argg!!! I wish I wasn’t old reliable, if I blow off this work I could make it back to the library before closing, but I have an appointment. A job with real money at the end of it for a few hours work. I need the name, I need the money. What to do, what to do… Buffy, I need Buffy’

Fumbling in her bag Willow found her cell phone and hugged it to her chest like it was the most precious thing in the world. With shaking hands she flipped it open and with the press of few keys rang her best friend’s number.

Buffy’s phone was ringing, once, twice, three times. Four, five. “C’mon, c’mon, Buff, don’t fail me now.” Six, seven, “Scooby, Scooby Doo, where are you?” Willow shuffled from one foot to the other in the hope that her movements would hasten Buffy to the phone.

Eight, nine, “Hi, sorry I can’t come to the phone right now…” Buffy’s voicemail message kicked in, “No, no, no” Willow almost cried.

“Leave a message after the beep”

“Buffy, it’s Willow. I have her name. Well, no I don’t have her name, but I know how to get it. I need you Buffy. You gotta get to the library, Buffy. Buffy, nod if you understand. She checked out a book, Buffy. The one I gave her. The librarian will have her name, oh my god, Buffy, her name and her address. The library closes at 3.30pm. You should make it on time. I have to go Buffy, I’ll ring you later. YES!! I’m gonna know her name”

Willow closed the phone and breathed a sigh of relief and headed to her appointment with a happy heart and a lighter step.

Across Sunnydale, in the basement of 1630 Revello Drive, Willow’s best friend Buffy was doing her laundry, headphones in, her ipod on full volume, and her cell phone under a pile of clothes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:58 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Sorry for being tardy to class I love this keep it up your really good at this. :party

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:02 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Paint the Sky wrote:
"Gay Willow. Straight Willow, Bi Willow. Everyone needs a Willow”

Truer words have never been spoken.

Update soon?

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:59 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

You have me wondering where this appointment and job might be??? Oh well I guess I'll wait for the next update.well done by the way :sigh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:11 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey! Okay, your drinks are on ice, ready and waiting for when they're needed. And I'll tell the bartender to hold the shots, cause we need to keep you sober and coherent enough to spell all those naughty words correctly. ;-)

And here we have poor Willow, all excited about finding out the nice assed blonde's name, but alas, Buffy is oblivious in the basement. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if she finds her phone and gets the message in time, or if Willow is just going to have to suffer longer to find out. Willow smacking herself in the head was hilarious and so perfect.

Can't wait to see what's next.

Wimpy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:25 am 
3. Flaming O

I really like this story. It's refeshingly happy :party Please continue soon. :pray

musicmad10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:36 am 
19. Yummy Face

Great update-y goodness... I hope Buffy checks her cell phone before the library closes and finds Tara's name and address for Willow...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings (Update Chapter 4. 12/18/07)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:02 pm 
12. Recently Gay

I have to say kitten's, I'm really enjoying this experience. It's so nice to write for pleasure, I had forgotten that feeling, and sharing it with others only adds to it. For the last few year's as part-time student it's all been assignments and reports. Not that I don't enjoy that, but, things like oxidative phosphorylation in the electron transfer chain don't give me the same fuzzies as it used to.

At this point I have chapter 5 complete and I'm about to work on chapter 6, so forgive me if I don't make my replies at this juncture but I gotta get things moving towards :wtkiss .

Rating: PG-13 for this one, it may go up to NC-17 if I can pluck up the courage!
Disclaimer: AU. No spoilers whatsoever. Oh, forgot to add that I don’t own any of the characters in BTVS, I’m only playing with them.
Summary: Shy, newly gay Willow Rosenberg and her first venture into love with an equally shy blonde.

Chapter 4

“How come you’re wearing jeans today?” asked Anya, “Normally all I see is oversized sweaters and flowery skirts. Turn around” she instructed.

“What? Why?” replied a confused blonde.

“I want to check out your ass” Anya said like it was the most normal thing in the world.

“My ass? Anya, why would you want to check out my ass?” a very red faced Tara spluttered.

“Oh, turn around Missy, let me see”

Tara slowly turned around peering at Anya over her right shoulder at the same time, ‘What is she up to, I swear the better I get to know her the more strange she becomes’ thought Tara, ‘but, what the hell’.

Anya tilted her head to the left and gave full reign to her appraisal of the blonde’s ass, “Mmm, yes, nice. Not too big, but not too small either. Full, firm and shapely.”

Tara quickly turned round to face Anya, her face flushed with embarrassment. She hadn’t expected her friend to be so vocal. This was something that Tara wasn’t used to. To be looked at so intently unnerved her, even if it was only Anya.

“What?” asked Anya not comprehending the situation, “You wear jeans that tight and people are gonna look at your ass, and believe me, people are gonna look”

The shy girl didn’t know what to do. Had the red-head at the library checked her out? ‘Fairs, fair, I suppose, I did check her out.’

Her mind flashed back to the red-head. That shy little wave, and bright smile as she turned toward the exit. Tara warmed at the thought. She felt herself blush as she remembered the long look she’d given the girl and the fact that she had really liked what she saw.

“Sorry, I guess I’m not used to such attention, and it’s your fault I’m wearing these jeans anyway”

“My fault”

“Yes, your fault, stocktaking, remember, before you, well we, got sidetracked by other matters” explained Tara.

“Ah, whatsername” said Anya sagely just as the shop bell rang to signal a customer.

The usual welcome was rendered and Tara smiled, her embarrassment forgotten in her amusement at Anya’s excitement regarding a possible sale.

Left alone in the stockroom Tara sat down on the same crate she had used earlier. She reflected on the day, and what a day it was, she mused.

‘Whatsername’she smiled and shook her head causing her long blonde hair to fall slightly loose to partially cover her face. Trust Anya to implant that thought in her head. She couldn’t keep calling the red-head whatsername. Tara admitted to herself that the red-head had made a deep impression. The weird thing was that she hadn’t really needed to go to the library that morning. True, she had to finish her paper for English Lit, but she could’ve easily finished it in her room. Thank Gaia for cabin fever. She wished she knew the girl’s name. It would’ve been so easy to tell her own when asking for the book, and the other girl out of politeness, surely, would’ve given hers in return. Wouldn’t she?

Tara went over the things she knew for sure. Library, books, coffee shops, nice ass. Her mind kept coming back to the book. Spells of Speech and Silence. ‘She must have been reading it for a reason. It’s not exactly light reading. Think, Tara think. Ok, the book is from the Occult and Witchcraft section, the university has an active Wicca Group. Is whatsername a member of the group? Was that possible? Tara smiled. ‘Yes’ she thought ‘it was entirely possible, and at least it’s a starting point’

Tara stood up and wiped the dust from the seat of her pants and headed out to the main shop. Anya was alone behind the counter, the till open and wads of notes in her hands.

“Anya, I think I’ll call it a day, if that’s ok with you, I’ve, um, remembered something I have to do”

“Oh, sure, no problem. Don’t forget though, tomorrow at the mall, we’re going shopping. Go home now, I want to be alone with the money” said the shopkeeper eyeing the money in her hands.

Tara smiled at her friend “Tomorrow, sure, um, enjoy the money Anya, bye”

As she left the shop having retrieved her coat and bag, she couldn’t help but think that earlier thought ‘the better I know you Anya, the stranger you get’.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:28 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

OMG, Anya was so funny with the ass check, and oh, she described Tara's full ass so perfectly. Now I'm having very nice visuals of Tara in tight jeans. :drool

Anya and her money, again, so spot on.

I love how both these girls are coming up with plans to find out more about each other. Seems their minds are both on the same track, so I'm anxiously waiting for one of their plans to actually get them together.

More soon please!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:10 pm 
It’s always pleasant being able to revisit the WT Honeymoon stage of their relationship over and over again, especially in different settings.

So thank you very much for the first parts of this fiction story; Your writing made for quite enjoyable reading :peace .

I'm also looking forward to reading your update,

Vi’

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:47 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Oh the waiting for them to meet is so much fun, but also so hard to do! keep up the good work, I'm really liking this story. :peace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:16 am 
12. Recently Gay

As promised some replies, Chapter 4 first.

wimpy0729: The best laid plans of mice and men, but not kittens, oft go awry, so worry not, our girls and clever and resourceful. With reference to the head slapping in chapter 4, I have actually done that in the street and people do tend to look at you strangely. And as for Buffy, answer in chapter 6.

nimloth: I'll admit to being a sucker for the pre-relationship and Honeymoon phase fic, either in the Buffyverse or AU. I enjoy them all.

whatmakesyouhappy: I know how you feel. As I'm writing I so have to resist taking them too quickly to where we know they're gonna end up anyway.

Replies to feedback for Chapter 3.

Dianneswillowtree: Better late than never as they say. Glad you're enjoying my little fic, hope I can keep you reading.

SithLordWiccan: Wouldn't it be great if there were a Willow shop and you could buy your very own.

whatmakesyouhappy: The appointment and the job might or might not be filler, not quite sure just yet.

musicmad10: Thankyou for reading, I'll try to keep it happy, but you never know...

Zampsa1975: Chapter 6 will answer that question one way or the other.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:23 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky you can be sure I will read this to the last word I love it PTS ;-)

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Update 20th December
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:10 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Judging by the view count this is getting a little bit of attention. hope all you shy kittens enjoy the story and thanks for looking.

Dianneswillowtree: Question. what does PTS mean?

On with the tale, a small thing but mine own.

Rating: PG-13 for this one, it may go up to NC-17 if I can pluck up the courage!
Summary: Shy, newly gay Willow Rosenberg and her first venture into love with an equally shy blonde.

Chapter 5

Willow arrived at Sunnydale’s newest computer outlet confident that Buffy had got he message and was now on her way to the University library. That thought cheered her as she entered the shop and made her way to the counter.

“Hi,” said Willow to the young guy behind the counter, “My name is Willow Rosenberg, I have an appointment with Jenny Calender.”

“Just a sec” he said as he fiddled with a motherboard from the computer tower on the counter. With a sharp tug and a smile of triumph, he announced “Ah, that’s it. Silicon chips, tricky buggers. Easy to fit, not so easy to remove!”

“I’ll just get my Mom for you, I’m Spike” the skinny platinum blond said as he offered his hand to Willow.

Willow stretched her arm over the counter and shook hands with Spike, and smiling said “Good to meet you Spike.”

While Spike fetched his Mom, Willow looked around the shop. There were a multitude of computers in various states of disrepair. She picked up various parts and identified each. It was like an elephant graveyard, thought Willow. Well, it would be if elephants were made from hi-tech parts and weren’t the largest land mammal and lived in Asia and Africa. Ok, that’s not panning out so well as an analogy, but so what, it’s not like I said it out loud. She giggled at the thought of someone knowing the crazy connections her mind made sometimes when a noise from behind interrupted her musings. She turned to see Spike beckoning her over.

“Mom is out back checking a new shipment, go on through” he said with a smile.

“Thanks” the red-head said as she made her way round the counter.

A shapely ass in a tight pair of jeans greeted Willow as she entered the storeroom. The body attached to it was bent over, headfirst in a large box. ‘What is it with tight jeans today’, she thought as she averted her eyes from the denim.

The woman straightened and turned towards Willow. She smiled and introduced herself as Jenny Calender to the slightly flustered red-head.

“Ah, good, William sent you in the right direction then” she said in a friendly voice.

“No, not William, Spike sent me in” a somewhat confused Willow informed her.

Jenny smiled, “That’s William, my son. I refuse to call him Spike. Drives him crazy, but its fun.” Willow raised an eyebrow confused as to why anyone would have fun being driven crazy. “Oh, for me, not him” came the further explanation. “So, I guess you’ll want to know all about us”

Jenny explained to Willow the nature of their business. She told her how they took old computers with working parts, upgraded them and sent them to charities, children’s homes, community centre’s. “Anywhere, and to anyone who can’t afford them new” she said looking directly at Willow.

“Wow!” said Willow, “That explains the elephant graveyard”

Jenny gave her a strange but sympathetic look, and informed Willow that what they needed was someone to test the computers, upgrade the software, just test and troubleshoot before they were packed for dispatch.

“Um, I thought it was a one-off job. A few hours work, but I suppose I could do more. I mean, I’d like to. What you’re doing, you and Spike” she laughed “I mean William, I think it’s fantastic.”

Jenny showed Willow around the rest of the shop, and further explained how they were part of the Computers for All programme and the Sunnydale unit was the latest one in Southern California. Jenny also told her that the hourly rate of pay had been set by the programme, “I know there are better paid part-time jobs, especially with your skills, Willow, but we could really use someone like you.”

“Like I said, I think what you guys do is great, so yeah, I’d still like to help” a warm smile on her eager face.

Willow asked about the hours she would work, the day’s she would be required explaining that she had classes most days but she could be flexible if need be. Jenny assured her that being flexible was fine. “We are open six days a week, 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 12noon on Saturdays, well, except today” she explained.

“I can’t do Saturday’s” Willow announced much too quickly for her own comfort, “I, er.., visit my grandmother.”

‘Oh, hell, why did I say my Grandmother. Grandma lives in Miami, woo-hoo, check out my frequent flyer miles’

“Good for you, family is important” she heard Jenny say to compound her already growing guilt.

“It sure is” she agreed in chipper tone that she hoped didn’t seem too over the top.

“Monday, then, enjoy the rest of your weekend” Jenny said as she walked Willow towards the front of the shop.

Spike gave her a smile and a wave as she passed. “Bye, William” she said in a voice loud enough for Jenny to hear as she walked to the door.

Spike gave a look that would strip paint, and as she closed the door she heard an angry cry of “MOM”.

As she headed back towards campus, Willow retrieved her phone and rang Buffy.

The phone rang twice, “Willow, my best friend Willow, the girl I’d do anything for” announced Buffy at the other end.

“Hey, Buffy, how’d it go at the library?” asked the red-head in an excited and impatient tone.

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Update 20th December
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:23 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

dibs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next