The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Post subject: Re: Fic: Songs For A Mix Tape
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:10 pm 
8. Vixen

Quote:
Yes, we did know the baby would be named Aiden.

Oy, sorry! I really need to reread again! I did remember Disney though.
Wow, that must be some painful memories and some shock Tara experienced to make her throw up! I really hope they will try to talk about it. :pinky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:16 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Nice. I was hoping you would get to closure with Tara's dad. Parental unit issues can really get in the way, otherwise.

Looking forward to the next installment.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:49 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Admittedly I don't have much of the next update written due in large part to writer's block (the scene just isn't playing on the film screen inside my mind currently) as well as a number of other projects vying for my attention at the moment. However, today I missed a very big deadline on one project and instead of staying up late to try to be only a little over deadline, I'm going to stay up late and try to write some therefore making me a lot over deadline. I never do things on a small scale. Hopefully I'll have something for you guys soon.

Feedback Replies:

Zampsa1975: Yes, I think a talk is definitely in order. And so it shall happen.

leonhart17: Not sure if she'll talk to her dad, but she'll most certainly talk to Willow.

arsyadriani: Kinda makes you feel bad for him, yeah? I mean, at least a little?Even if he was a big douchebag before?

uuhhHHH_ditto: Glad you like the dad somewhat. Yeah, he was a dick, but it's kind of like he realizes it and is trying. So there's that small redeeming quality trying to punch through. It's something that sort of felt necessary if we're going to have a truly happy ending. And thanks for welcoming me back.

AmberGoddess: It's understandable you don't like her father. The situation kind of reminds me of my dad with his own father though. I never really knew my grandfather (and it's super weird to even call him that) because of their strained relationship. I think I met him twice? It never got resolved and it's all around just super depressing because it's too late now. Maybe that's where I got the motivation to try to resolve this fictional situation. Who knows. It's nice when ooky feelings get better though, even if they only get a teensy bit better. We'll see how this plays out.

WillowRulez: Major shock going on. Talking is a must.

Morrigan: Agreeing that parental issues can totally get in the way. Sometimes I think half of the baggage we all carry around is just transferred baggage from our own parents and we're left to sort through it ourselves. But Tara's got Willow to help sort through the parental luggage, so major plus there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:27 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Totally didn't see Tara's dad coming into the story. That was a definite shock to read. Looking forward to how Tara's sisters will react when they hear that their dad is visiting. Glad that Tara has Willow there to help keep her calm and provide support.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:29 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Replies:

love_2003: Yeah, I agree with the shock factor. It even surprised me. Thanks for the feedback!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the final update should be posted soon. It's written, and I'm just checking it for errors. It was kind of a surreal moment writing that last sentence. Look for it shortly.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:02 pm 
2. Floating Rose

So almost seven years and a few hundred pages later, it's finally finished. I'm a little shocked myself. I hope you've enjoyed it. Here's the last part. Hope you like it.

Title: Songs For A Mix Tape
Rating: PG - PG13ish?
Disclaimer: I don’t own the characters from ME.

Hidden Track: For You by Nerf Herder
Part C

Less than fifteen minutes later, Kim unlocked the front door to the shop and came rushing in, out of breath due to practically sprinting from the spot she had parked her car. She found Tara and Willow in the back room. “Here!” she announced unnecessarily.

Willow got to her feet and picked up Aiden, helping Tara to her feet as well. After thanking Kim and exchanging heartfelt hugs, the couple left the store to head to Willow’s place.

After the brief trip, the pair walked up the stairs of the funeral home where they found Buffy lounging in the living room. Buffy rose from the sofa beaming and holding her arms out toward her daughter.

“Got your note,” Buffy said to Willow, then smiled in Tara’s direction as a greeting. She could tell something was up when Tara only half-heartedly smiled in return. She took Aiden from her best friend’s arms and baby-talked to the infant, “You must be hungry from all that adventuring. Let’s go get you a snack.”

Willow offered a grin to Buffy, grateful for her friend’s intuitiveness. She took Tara’s hand and led them toward her bedroom as Buffy went to breastfeed the baby.

Inside Willow’s room, Tara dropped onto the bed and flung her limbs out as far as they would go. With her eyes on the ceiling she let out an exasperated, “What. The. Hell?”

After closing the door, Willow slipped her shoes off and slid onto the bed beside Tara, curling up against the blonde’s side. “I think that pretty much sums it up,” Willow responded gently as she began to rub Tara’s stomach. “How’s your tummy?”

“Still acidy.” Tara kicked her feet a little to get her shoes to come off and rolled onto her side, burrowing her head into Willow’s chest. “And I was having such a good day,” she mumbled into the redhead’s shirt.

Willow opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by a sudden angry outburst from Tara.

“Really? Who just shows up like that and acts like, ‘Tra-la-la everything’s okay now?’” She looked up at Willow briefly but dropped her head back down with a thud against the redhead’s sternum. She was silent for a moment as she let the feel of Willow’s hand running through her hair comfort her somewhat, and she sent her thanks to the universe for bringing them together. While attempting to squash the scant remaining molecules of air between their bodies, almost too quietly to be heard she whispered, “I hate feeling like this.”

“Feeling like what, baby?” Willow asked softly, prodding her girlfriend to get everything off her chest.

“Hurt. Sad. Tossed aside. Pissed as hell.” Tara sighed. “I feel like a teenager all over again. Like it all just happened yesterday.” Out of nowhere she asked, “Can I brush my teeth now?” It sounded almost childish.

“Of course.”

Tara lifted herself up and off the bed. When Willow made no move to get up as well, she grabbed the redhead’s hand, silently asking for her to follow. They walked into the bathroom, and Tara went about brushing her teeth, never breaking contact with her girlfriend. It was as if she was clinging to every bit of comfort and reassurance the other woman offered, and Willow gave willingly.

The pair made their way back to the bedroom, and Willow guided Tara to the bed. She scooted herself to recline against the headboard and let Tara curl up in her lap.

With big eyes, Tara looked up at the redhead. “What should I do?”

Willow didn’t answer immediately. She wasn’t sure what the right answer was. On one hand, if it were her, she would want to give her father a chance to make amends. But this wasn’t her and this wasn’t her father. She knew there was more to the story, but based on what she knew from Tara, she could understand wanting to be completely cut off from the man. Ultimately this wasn’t her decision though, and so she asked, “What do you want to do?”

“I’m not really sure.” Tara moved to rest her head in the crook of Willow’s neck.

“Whatever you decide, I’ll support you,” the redhead reassured.

“I know.” She allowed herself a small smile. “You know I love you, right?”

“As much as I love you.”

They lay silently cuddled against each other for several minutes until the emotional exhaustion finally caught up, causing Tara to fall into a dead sleep while Willow simply held her.

Over an hour later, Tara began to show signs of waking. She slowly opened her eyes and blinked a few times to acclimate to the real world. After a small, quick stretch she looked up and saw Willow staring back at her with a smile on her face.

“Hey. Feeling any better?” Willow placed a kiss atop the blonde’s head.

Tara snuggled back into the redhead’s neck. “A little.” Her stomach let out a small grumble.

They both giggled. “Hungry?” Willow asked.

“Maybe slightly.”

“You want me to make something? Or we could order in?” Admittedly, Willow had been hungry since they had left the record store, but Tara’s needs had taken precedence. She was a little relieved the blonde was hungry as well.

After her earlier vomit-fest, the food options that Tara thought sounded appealing were limited. Something mild was definitely in order. “What about takeout from Doraku?”

Willow reached for her phone. “That actually sounds really good. The usual?” Off Tara’s nod, she found the contact in her address book and pressed the ‘talk’ button. Knowing what her girlfriend liked, she ordered seaweed salad and a bamboo roll. With her own hunger clouding her judgment, she went a little overboard and added miso soup, an avocado roll, a cucumber roll, and edamame.

When Willow ended the call, Tara quirked an eyebrow. “I thought I was the hungry one here.”

“So maybe I’m a little starving,” the redhead replied sheepishly.

Tara chuckled. “Obviously.”

Once the food arrived, they decided to eat on the bed and spread everything out on top of the down comforter. Unsurprisingly, despite the redhead’s appetite, they couldn’t finish everything, and Willow gathered the leftovers to put in the refrigerator. While she was in the kitchen, Tara’s phone rang. The caller ID showed Nichole on the other end.

Tara flipped the phone open and answered. “Hey, Nick.”

“Hey, little sister. How are things going?”

Tara almost laughed. “I know that you know exactly how things are going, so I won’t even waste time trying to fill you in.” Nichole was always in the loop when it came to family issues, and Tara had no doubts her sister was well aware of the day’s events.

“I talked to Elle and she told me what happened. I wanted to check on you.” As the older sibling Nichole felt protective of her baby sister and wanted to make sure she was okay. The details from Elle were vague and one-sided, leaving her uncertain of how Tara might be fairing. Having witnessed the fallout firsthand five years earlier, she was fairly sure things wouldn’t be good.

Fighting to keep betrayal and accusation out of her voice, Tara asked, “Why didn’t you tell me he was coming?”

Nichole had expected the question and felt guilty for being unable to warn her sister ahead of time. “I knew about the trip to Elle’s, but never in a million years would I have thought he’d come see you. If I’d known, I would have tried to talk him out of it, and I definitely would have let you know.”

It was only slightly reassuring. “I know,” Tara replied. She sounded defeated.

Willow heard Tara’s voice as she made her way back to the bedroom. Walking through the door, she saw her girlfriend on the phone. She gave a puzzled look, and Tara mouthed ‘Nichole.’ Not wanting to interrupt, she pointed back to the doorway, silently asking if she should leave and give them privacy. Tara held out a hand, inviting her to come back to the bed. She settled in against the blonde’s body.

“Do you want me to come out?” Nichole asked. “It was just going to be me and a bottle of wine for the holiday.

“What about Stephen?” Tara said, asking about her sister’s new boyfriend.

Nichole gave a huge laugh. “Oh please! We’ve been dating a month. That’s hardly worthy of Christmas together.”

Just then, the phone beeped in Tara’s ear. She looked at the display and saw Elle was calling. She couldn’t help feeling annoyed. “Middle sister, line two,” she said.

“Are you going to answer?”

“I don’t know. I guess I should.”

“Answer it and put us on three-way.”

Tara switched over to the other call. “Hey, Elle. Hang on a second.” Without waiting for a response, she pushed a few buttons on her keypad. “Nichole?”

“I’m here.”

“Is this an intervention?” Elle joked, but neither Tara nor Nichole laughed.

Instead, Tara went immediately on the defensive. “That was a real dick move letting me be blindsided, Elle!”

Willow was a little surprised by Tara’s outburst. Having no siblings of her own, she was pretty unfamiliar with the sisterly-dynamic, especially when it came to arguments.

“C’mon, Tare, you two have to talk sometime,” Elle tried to reason.

Tara almost began shouting, but Nichole cut her off. “Look, I know you have the best intentions at heart, Elle, but I have to agree with little sister on this one. You knew he was coming to see her, and you know the situation. You should have said something.”

“I get that. I really do,” Elle said sincerely. “But I know if I said something ahead of time, Tara would have found a way to avoid him.”

“You don’t know that,” Tara challenged.

“Really?”

At this, Tara backed down, but only slightly. “Okay, I would have, but I think I’m old enough to make decisions for myself.”

Elle sighed. “Sister, if it was left up to your decisions, this would never get fixed.”

“It’s not your job to fix this!” Tara felt her anger rapidly rising again, and if it wasn’t for the arm Willow had draped across her hip, grounding her, she felt like she might come completely unhinged.

In Los Angeles, Elle’s anger and frustration was elevating as well. “When it’s my family split apart, yeah, I think that makes it my job!”

“Whoa, guys. Hold up,” Nichole intervened before things could become anymore heated. “I think we all understand that things didn’t go the way everyone would have liked and that nobody was trying to hurt each other. However,” she took a deep breath, “we can’t change what’s already happened, so now we have to deal with the new turn of events.”

Willow, who could hear all sides of the conversation due to her proximity to the phone, took Tara’s free hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

“We can pretty much agree our father can be a huge asshole a majority of the time. But,” Nichole continued, ignoring Tara’s derisive laugh, “it sounds like he’s at least trying to stop being such a douche.”

“So I’m just supposed to forget everything that happened?” Tara asked incredulously. She received another squeeze from her girlfriend, and was thankful for the comfort.

Nichole was quick to explain. “Of course not. What you need to do is decide what’s best for you. If you decide to try to meet him in the middle, that’s great. But if you still don’t think you’re ready to talk to him, that’s fine too.”

“But...” Elle began.

“No buts,” her older sister shot back. “This has to be on Tara’s terms. If she needs your help, she’ll ask for it. Otherwise, she needs to figure this out for herself.”

Elle conceded. She didn’t want to fight, and she loved her sister unconditionally. “Okay. Whatever you decide, Tara, I’m here for you.”

“Thanks.” Tara’s voice was quiet. “You too, Nick.” It never ceased to amaze her how much like their mother Nichole was. Always the problem solver. Always a level head. It was comforting to know that, in a way, her mom wasn’t completely lost, but it only made Tara miss her that much more.

The three sisters chatted for a few minutes more before saying their goodbyes. After hanging up, Tara tossed her phone to the end of the bed and crawled her way back into Willow’s lap. She groaned and grumbled, “I think I’m all tapped out conversation-wise.”

Willow brushed the hair out of her girlfriends face and kissed her forehead. “Then you don’t have to talk anymore. How about a movie?”

“Can we watch it in bed?”

“Of course.”

Tara grinned. “My pick.”

Willow smiled back, happy to see the blonde looking less serious. “Of course.”

The next few days found Tara fairly contemplative. She went about her normal daily routine, but she was quiet and often looked lost in thought. Willow knew her girlfriend had a lot to think about and didn’t push to get her to talk or interact. Instead, she offered her support by walking the line between being there when it seemed Tara needed her and stepping back when it seemed she didn’t.

The blonde could tell Willow was putting all her efforts into making sure she was taken care of, and, though she didn’t know it was possible, Tara fell even more in love. By Christmas morning, she had arrived at two conclusions. The first was that she would always do everything in her power to make sure Willow was taken care of as well as Willow took care of her. The second was that she had finally made a decision regarding her father.

Willow gave Tara’s hand a squeeze and asked once more just to be certain, “Are you sure?”

With a deep breath, the blonde replied, “I’m sure.”

“Okay.”

After one more deep breath, Tara reached up and rang the doorbell. The sound of running feet came from the other side, and a little kid yelled, “I’ll get it! I’ll get it!” A stern, “Wait!” followed.

A few seconds later, the door swung open, and Elle stood on the other side. A little girl with dark hair peaked around her leg. Elle’s eyes went wide. “Tara!”

Tara gave a small wave. “Hey.” She was immediately pulled into a hug.

“Merry Christmas!” Elle noticed Willow and pulled her into the hug as well. “I’m so glad you guys came!” When she finally pulled away her eyes were glistening. “Come in.”

Tara and Willow walked through the door still holding hands. As she shut the door, Elle shouted into the house, “Everybody! Tara and Willow are here!” The couple stood waiting for the onslaught of family members.

Things were by no means fixed, but Tara had decided she was willing to work on them. She knew it was going to be hard and that it might not even work out in the end, but she was okay with that. Now she had Willow, a woman who had shown her she could be happy in life and with herself. Whatever happened, Tara was ready to face it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:15 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Aww cute! I liked that Willow was just willing to follow Tara's lead about the whole situation - that was very smart of her...

The ending was cute and congratulations on finishing it :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big yay for Willow-the support-girl... Good that Nicole made absolutely sure to Elle that it's Tara's decision and Tara's alone to figure out what she's going to do about her father...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:22 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Love it. But you knew that.

Nice way to wrap up!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:44 am 
8. Vixen

I'm glad Tara decided to go see her father and try to make amends.
Thank you for sharing this story with us - I can only repeat myself but it's one of the best ones out there. :pinky
Any chance we'll get an epilogue :P?
Hope you'll write something new soon / someday :kgeek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:57 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
It's kinda surreal reading the last line too! This was such a great, fun, comprehensive story. I loved it.

This update it particular, I loved how supportive Willow was and how much Tara appreciated it.

Kudos for finishing this, it was an awesome ending.

Thanks for sharing this amazing story with us!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:22 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

*sniff* Feels like I'm saying goodbye to an old friend.

Seriously though, you have to be stoked to be able to write "The End". (That's right...I said stoked. Have I no shame, you ask? Indeed, I do not)

I got really behind on the last few updates because I'm a spaz and thought I'd read them, so sorries for the lack of feedback. Loved them all.

The opening of 'Down on Margos' was a very fun update. Loved the bands. Loved the naughty, closet touching. It's so funny that the first half of the story had them sort of hands-off and now they can't get enough of each other. :D

I sort of wondered if Tara's dad would make an appearance before all was said and done. As Nichole had put it, he was indeed a douche, but Tara probably made the right decision giving the relationship a try. I liked that you left the ending open. Life isn't tied up in a neat bow so this felt more "real".

The story as a whole was so much more that W/T or even the wonderful friendships they had. Tara began as a broken woman, still living, still breathing, but not entirely whole. The journey she traveled through this story was incredible. She was carrying around so much pain, but by the end she'd reached a point where she could let a lot of that go.

I could go on and on, but just know that I truly loved going along with you for this ride. I'm happy and sad to see an end, which is always a sign of a good story.

Hope you have more stories in you, 'cause I'd love to read them. If something new shows up, I'll be first in line (or second 'cause I'm slow this year).

Best to you!

Laura

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Wonderful story overall and I especially loved all the new music that you exposed me too. I'm looking forward to being able to read more of your amazing writing in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:58 am 
2. Floating Rose

Here are some replies, and I thought I'd mention that jasmydae has added the story to the Willow/Tara Fiction Archive. As a bonus, at the header of each chapter is a link to listen to each song on LALA or YouTube. So that's fun. I think. Maybe?

Replies:

leonhart17: Thanks for the congrats :) Glad you enjoyed it.

Zampsa1975: As always, thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Morrigan: Why yes, I did know that. I need to kick it in gear on the next one!

WillowRulez: You're welcome. I'm glad you've liked it so much. But sadly, the last few updates were actually the epilogue. So no more. Sorry.

Laragh: Totally surreal. Thanks for the kudos. And you're welcome.

ophelia11: Aww, no sad sniffles. No problem if you got behind. Happens to the best of us. And FYI, I totally use "stoked" quite a bit. I have no shame either. As for something new, I'm working on something. Not sure when it'll see the light of day though. Could be a while. I've been a busy little worker bee trying to keep my cash flow flowing. But once I get that going, I look forward to hearing your thoughts, as always.

love_2003: I'm glad I could share some great music with you and everyone else. And as I mentioned to ophelia11, something new is in the works. Hopefully that'll happen in the not-too-distant future.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:01 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey Sarah
Just came across this in the completed fics archive. I have to say I loved it! It was such a beautifully written story and I especially loved the way you incorporated songs into each chapter they really set the mood for each one. I really enjoy AU fics with the meeting, getting together, little angst then the happy ending and I have to say this is now one of my faves so thank you for writing it.
Cheers
Kim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23