The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 995 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: "Mission Statement" (Post-Season 6)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:02 am 
“Mission Statement”

A Post Season 6 Speculation Adventure

Note slight change in title. I was calling this a Season 7 adventure, but it's pretty clear by now that's not what this story is about.

Disclaimer: JW, ME, blah, blah…I’m just borrowing some of your characters, I’ll return them when I’m good and done.

Premise: This story takes place shortly after the end of Season 6 of BtVS. For those who take offence at this, who feel that TV-“Buffy” ended shortly before the end of “Seeing Red”, at the end of “Entropy” or at the end of S5, please accept my apologies. These are all valid points of view. But for the purposes of this story, accept for just a moment that rather than utterly ruining a show we used to enjoy, the end of S6 opens the door to a long and, I think, very interesting story arc, with abundant potential for adventure, romance, and lots of yummy W/T goodness. Assume for just a moment that the creators at ME recognise this and are going to make it right in the 7th and final season, rather than continue on their current path to apparent ruin.

The title is in fact the premise of the story, which is that in S7, ME will fulfil its mission statement with respect to Willow and Tara. The key elements are:

1) W/T is a “real deal relationship”

2) The path of true love never ran smoothly

3) Terrible, terrible things will happen to W/T along the way

4) Amber/Tara is not going anywhere

Other Authors: Are absolutely welcome and encouraged to set episodes and adventures (and smutfics if so inclined) within this story arc.

Rating: R18+ In parts. High level violence, explicit sexual references, adult themes. Some scenes and concepts will be too intense for younger and/or more sensitive Kittens. Darkness and despair will be encountered.

Spoilers: 100%. Up to the end of Season 6 and in isolated instances, beyond. I don't care.

Episode 1.1 Back in the Box

Teaser

Late on a slow afternoon, Willow stood mournfully behind the counter of the Magic Box. Now I think I understand why Buffy was so unhappy for the first few months after we brought her back. I finally truly understand what she meant when she used to talk about her life sucking beyond the telling. That’s a contradictory statement, by the way. Sad And Apathetic Buffy – SAAB. And I was the Bad Mojo Willow, the black BMW, and didn’t we have us a mighty car crash. Some of us walked away without a scratch. I think my airbag failed. I needed more than a few airsickness bags on the way over to England. Awful flight, awful Watchers’ Council people. Giles was nice, I guess. He let me go out for walks with him around Bath once he was sure I wasn’t going to kill anyone or myself.

“You’re doing a marvellous job,” Anya interrupted, as she breezed in from the training room at the back of the shop. She looked around and noticed that the shop was empty of customers. Frowning, she said, “You haven’t been chasing away the customers with your gloomy demeanour, I trust?”

Willow looked up and shook her head. “No-one’s been in,” she said flatly.

“Oh, good. No, actually, it’s still bad, it’s just not your fault,” Anya smiled warmly, stepped briskly behind the counter and began leafing through the back orders book, an activity that always cheered her up. Willow returned to what she had been doing, ruminating and doodling in red pen on a pad of note paper.

“Xander said he’d be by later,” Anya piped up after a short but uncomfortable silence.

“Are you guys back together?” Willow asked, though she really did not care one way or the other.

“Oh, I don’t know,” Anya said, the image of naked Xander popping into her head, as it always did when she talked about him. That, and her, naked, having sex with him. She shook her head to regain her train of thought. “I still haven’t decided on a proper act of vengeance, and I think he deserves one after all.”

“Preaching to the choir,” Willow murmured. She was grateful to Xander for helping to save her life, and the world, but did he have to act so insufferably superior about it? It had been bad enough when Willow had been struggling with her magic addiction; Xander had always been the first to blame and the last to forgive. Now he was even worse, a veritable Casanova of the tough love genre, and to be honest, Xander was probably the last person of Willow’s acquaintance that she wanted to act as any sort of sponsor for her reluctant rehabilitation into life. “Goddess, he annoys me sometimes. And I think he was always a little jealous of what I have – had, with Tara.”

On mentioning Tara’s name, Willow dropped her red pen and began to doodle with a blue one. She looked around the shop, letting her hand and the pen do what they wanted. Willow gazed over at the chair where Tara had used to sit, researching, helping Dawn with her homework, concocting spells. The redhead slipped into a reverie, feeling gently comforted by the recollection of the soul mate who had been so cruelly and unfairly ripped out of her life. She forgot where she was for a moment, forgot Anya, the shop, her current miserable excuse for a life. All that existed for her at that moment was herself and the space where Tara used to be.

“I wish Tara was…,” Willow murmured, almost inaudibly, “even if only ….”

(To be continued)

Edited by: Bagheera  at: 12/30/02 2:23:52 pm

Post subject: Re: Fic "Mission Statement" (Season 7)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:39 pm 
A brilliant start! I hope there will be another update soon!

"I brought my pogo stick just to show her a trick she had so many friends" - Bounce by System Of A Down.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:40 pm 
What did Willow wish for??? I think I know but I'm not sure...PLEASE have an update soon. I love this so far...even if it is only the first part.

~Piper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:51 pm 
oh wow. this is gonna be a good one. great start, but cliffhanger already?! is willow gonna get her tara back only to be taken away again?

brilliant fic so far, is it possible to be getting hooked after 1 update?

”What do you think I am, a skeleton thief? You want to search me?!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:11 pm 
Ooh, this looks to be tons of fun. And already with the cliffhangers.

-----------------

Oh, um... various sounds of
hesitation...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:46 am 
keep on going

hope ya bring tara back soon ;)

Willow: "Okay, we're here, ready for action...umm....bad guy fighting action" *smirks* - Seeing Red S6

Post subject: 1.1 "Back in the Box" - Update
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:51 am 
Disclaimer: Not for profit. S7 as one demented Kitten would like to see it. Angst with a twist.

Rating: M15 Low level sexual references, adult themes, claustrophobia

Blackness. Silence. Then, thought.

“Your shirt…your shirt…your shirt…” What about your shirt? Don’t put it on, not yet, please don’t get dressed. Take it off; let me gaze upon your beautiful breasts once again. Let me rest my head between them, kiss them, caress them, lay my eager tongue against your swelling nipples, let me hear you sigh and moan and beg for more. Take my head in your hands and hold me close. Oh, soft gentle hands. Your shirt…splashed with blood. What’s happening, Willow?

At that, Tara opened her eyes, gasped and tried to lift her head. Her forehead slammed against something firm and she fell back. She lay in total darkness, the only sound her muffled, ragged breathing. She felt about her with her hands and feet. Firm upholstered fabric on every side. The air tasted stale. Where am I?

“Fiat lux,” Tara said quietly, trying to remain calm. She was momentarily blinded even by the gentle blue light she conjured. She looked around her and saw the unmistakeable padded interior of a coffin. She noticed that she was dressed in her finest clothes; pleated skirt, blouse, jacket, stockings and patent leather shoes. Gracious goddess, I’ve been buried alive! What happened to me?

The blonde witch lay back and closed her eyes, fighting the panic rising and threatening to overwhelm her. She slowed her breathing, seeking a semi-trance state to conserve the scant oxygen while she devised a plan. She was unsure if she was capable of digging her way out of the coffin with her bare hands before she suffocated. She had to come up with a way of escaping, quickly.

Gradually, Tara eased herself into the trance state she needed. Her breathing slowed to almost nothing, her heart nearly stopped. Her vision dimmed to a featureless grey. The witch retreated into the calm inner place where she needed to be, to gather her thoughts. Finally settled, she began to think clearly and unhurriedly.

How long she remained in that state, Tara could not say. She carefully sifted through the facts of her situation. Coffin lid, screwed or nailed shut. Six feet of earth to the nearest fresh air on the surface. How compact would it be, how hard to dig through? It depends on how long I’ve been here, rain, temperature, too many factors to consider. A vampire can dig its way out, but they don’t need to breathe on the way. A Slayer can, but Slayers are unnaturally strong. Even with the help of a spell, I doubt if I can get out that way. Too much weight to lift.

Think, Tara, think. What would Willow do? Does that help? Yes! Willow at her computer. Parenthetically, I love sitting beside Willow, just touching her lightly on her arm or back while she works at her computer. She’s so sexy when she’s concentrating, bringing up pages on the screen. Cemetery maps, maps of city services, access tunnels, gas, water, phone, power, catacombs criss-cross the earth beneath Sunnydale, nowhere more so than - in the graveyard itself. To dig sideways or down needs only one-tenth the force that it takes to dig upwards. Swiftly, Tara lifted herself out of the trance. Okay calm now, oh, the air is foul already; steady, reach out with your mind, to the sides, front, behind and down. Hear me spirits of earth and air, guide me now to what I seek.

Tara reached out and divined that there was space and air barely two feet below her and four feet away to one side. Concentrating all of her magical energy, she intoned: “Away,” and pushed out with her palms in the direction she had sensed. The wall of the coffin bulged outwards; there was a sound of rending earth and from a short distance away, there came the heavy thud of falling masonry. Tara pushed against the coffin side; there was still some resistance. She pushed harder, and with a scream of tormented metal and a crackle of splintered wood, the obstacle gave way and Tara found herself staring into blackness. Air rushed in; it was fetid and stale, but compared with what Tara had been breathing, no pine-scented mountain air had ever smelt so sweet.

Sending her tiny blue light ahead, Tara wriggled her way head-first into the hole she had made, pulled herself along through a rough earth tunnel, and dropped into a small stone chamber. She picked herself up, dusted herself down and hugged herself for comfort, shivering with exhaustion and anxiety. She looked around her. It was an old tomb, by the look of the stone sarcophagus in the centre. Dust lay thickly on the floor and the stone walls were black with damp. A narrow flight of stone steps led upwards into blackness. Slowly and carefully, Tara ascended the stairs, towards freedom.

Post subject: Re: 1.1 "Back in the Box" - Update
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:07 am 
ooh this fic is really interesting- poor Tara waking up in a coffin -i hope Tara goes to Willow - can't wait for the next update - :)

*Hannah*

I just needed someone to talk to, you were just too busy with yourself, you were never there for me to express how i felt ,i just stuffed it down- *STAIND -FADE*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:22 am 
Dear Hannah,

Is the age on your bio correct? If so, I hope you're mature for your age, because I must warn you this story will have some very intense content.

"Willow and Tara keep kissing. It is intense, it is passionate, and it is, above all else, love. Truly and forever."
"Entropy" shooting script

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:42 am 
don't worry bagheera- i am mature for my age (i think)

and don't worry cause i've seen a lot worse -so don't worry - anyway i just had to say that i like this fic:)

*Hannah*

I just needed someone to talk to, you were just too busy with yourself, you were never there for me to express how i felt ,i just stuffed it down- *STAIND -FADE*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:43 pm 
Hannah: Ok, I'll try to be responsible. And, um, tone down the swearing. You obviously don't have a problem with the erotic imagery.

But...I'm really pleased you're enjoying this! :bounce

"Willow and Tara keep kissing. It is intense, it is passionate, and it is, above all else, love. Truly and forever."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:59 pm 
Add another to ur enjoying list!! Me!

Really looking forward to more. Im curious to where this is going!

Being buried alive is my worst fear. In my will, im gonna request being buried with my mobile phone! Just in case.

Ooooh shivery spine! :spin

Thanks Bagheera

Love and hugs

Lolaxxx :love

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:43 pm 
Wow... exciting... but, hmm.... I think I need more to know for sure... you'll just have to update... a lot... :grin

Remember: If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:47 pm 
Hey, I'm liking this so far! Next update will be......Very soon? :D Maybe?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:12 am 
If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off?

I like that. Very true.

Like the update too. Liking a lot today. Liking also the fact that I taped BtVS rerun last night and can watch today. Willow's frog fear emerges. Of course, I will then have to watch a later ep so that Tara can make an appearance.

*sigh*. I love study leave.

Gem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:19 am 
I really like this so far! I can't wait for the next update.

~Piper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:52 pm 
This is interesting and traumatic but not nearly as much as it was for Buffy, thank god Tara didn't panic. Look forward to more.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Willow and Tara Love

Truly and Forever

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:00 pm 
more please :)

*please use both hands....*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:43 pm 
Lola19 - I like hearing about tingly moments. Hugs to you too. Would you leave your mobile turned on or off?

Penrose Orleans & ZipityDoDa - Hi! Updates twice weekly for the foreseeable future.

Miss1234Kitty - Frog fear gets a brief, oblique and irrelevant mention in the next update

Foreverpiper - Thank you. Soon. Twice a week, ok?

Xita (ahem, adopts responsible demeanour) - Welcome, thank you. Did you like a brief taste of Tara Croft? Of course our Tara didn't panic, she's mature, clever and resourceful, unlike Buffy who only has her superhuman strength, luck and Spider-sense. Tara has plenty of heroic things to do in this story, though it will be tough times.

eccentrictulip - Hi. Soon

Post subject: Re: 1.1 "Back in the Box" - Update 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:34 am 
Disclaimer: ibid

Rating PG-13 minor adult themes

At last Willow’s painfully slow afternoon drew to a close. Xander had popped by for a few minutes. “How ya doin’, Will?” I’m super, thanks for asking! Widowed, depressed, criminally insane, what do you want to hear? “I think I’m a little better today, thank you Xander.” “That’s great to hear, Willow. I’d like to hear that you’re finding it in you to look forward to something” Me dying young from a wasting illness would be a start, Willow thought. Xander left again soon after. Anya had gone home too. As part of teaching her “to live responsibly”, as Anya so tactlessly put it, it was Willow’s job to lock up the Magic Box at day’s end. She secured the doors and windows, turned around the sign in the front window and secured the cash. Willow’s last job was to load a fresh tape in the security camera VCR for the night.

Bored, simply wanting the day to end, Willow wound back the day’s tape. Suddenly, she stopped, for something had caught her eye. She froze the tape and advanced it frame by frame. She noticed the time on the tape; about an hour earlier. Two people were visible on the tape; herself at the counter, writing on a pad; and Anya looking through the back order book. The scene jerked forward, second by second. Not much happened at first; then the screen suddenly turned white for a single frame, which was what had caught Willow’s eye in the first place. The next frame, everything was back to normal again.

Willow cycled through the scene several more times, looking for a clue to the source of the white flash. She certainly didn’t remember anything untoward. After a few more viewings, she fetched the back order book, on the off chance that it had contained a scroll or a spell that Anya had inadvertently cast. Disappointed, she turned to look for the pad she had been writing in, though she frankly doubted that she would find anything of note.

“Magic free for eighty days and counting,” the redhead said to herself bitterly. “Nothing to see here.”

Willow eventually found the paper pad she was looking for, under a couple of receipt books. She’d automatically covered it when Xander had come by. She wasn’t sure why she was feeling the need to hide things. She stared at it, initially fascinated, then with growing shock and horror. The red doodles were not a concern; aeroplanes, abstract shapes and reassuringly dead frogs, the usual things. The blue writing was a different matter. It started innocently enough: scribbles and lines. But then there was text, in Willow’s flowing script “Willow and Tara, love forever…Willow and Tara…Willow and Tara…Willow, Tara, Willow, Wish, Tara, Taralive, Wish Taralive, Wish Tara Al-”

“I made a wish, oh no, I made a wish, Anya heard me, I made a wish,” Willow babbled, dashing back to the video recorder. She looked carefully at Anya in all of the frames. There was no discernable change, but what about the white frame, what had the blonde demon done then?

“I wished Tara alive!” Willow shrieked in sudden realisation. “She’s alive!” Terrified, she phoned Buffy’s house, making a frantic mental list as she waited agonising seconds while the telephone at the other end rang and rang. Shovels, picks, crowbar, oxygen, blankets, is it sunset yet, do we need stakes and holy water? Crossbows?

“Come on Buffy, pick up!” Willow screamed. As if in answer to her urgent prayer, there was a click as the telephone at the other end responded. “Buffy! Listen…”

“Hi, you’ve reached Buffy, Dawn and…”

“Ahhhh!” Willow wailed. The recorded message ended, and Willow shouted: “Buffy, it’s Willow, something terrible has happened! Meet me at the cemetery as soon as you get this message, and bring a shovel! And hurry!” She slammed down the receiver, remembering too late that Buffy had planned to take Dawn out for some retail therapy that afternoon. They might be hours yet! Willow rushed to the training room, snatched a small axe, raced back to the front door and out of the shop.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:36 am 
Nice update! :) I really like the inner comments you have Willow making.

--------------------------------

"But when they're playing your song on the jukebox in Hell, you might as well dance." - K. Simpson

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:01 am 
OMG this was such a good update- Willow knows she wished for Tara to be alive!

can't wait for the next update- i'm really enjoying this!

well done! :D

*Hannah*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:32 am 
nice update! willow's thoughts were great. looking forward to more....:)

”What do you think I am, a skeleton thief? You want to search me?!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:26 pm 
that was great!! she wished her alive.....love all of willow's thoughts too :) looking forward to the next part....

*please use both hands....*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:33 pm 
Ooh, this is getting interesting. Though if someone sees her running through Sunnydale with an axe, aren't they going think she's gone crazy?

-----------------

Uh, um... various sounds of
hesitation...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:12 pm 
You've got me hooked now, and you've go me wondering, 'Did it really happen?' Only an update will answer that...........Must have it now!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:46 pm 
LeatherQueen - internal dialogue is going to be very busy for much of the time. The girls will have heaps to think about.

Hannah - Thanks, yeah, the penny dropped for poor Willow didn't it?

Loco2, eccentrictulip - Hi! Lots and lots of innerspace W/T dialogue coming.

Thanatopsis - Welcome again. It was only a small axe, she probably tucked it under her coat or something. Anyways, it's getting towards sundown. Sadly, there were no spades or shovels in the training room - not much call for those items, I suppose. And Sunnydale people - observant? - nah...

ZipityDoDa - Did it happen? Willow will be asking herself that question ere long. Updates will be posted twice weekly, unless I get incredibly far ahead with this. To let you in on a tiny secret, currently a total of 14 parts exist to this story - and I'm only just getting going! I do modify them constantly, and I am not ashamed to say that questions, comments and stuff I see elsewhere on the Board all have profound effects on shaping the events and structure of this story.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:13 pm 
Wow, great start. Jumping right in with the important issues! And Resourceful Recently-Dead Tara is great, too...

"Why, you’re just new all over, aren’t you?" - Lilah on Wes, "Tomorrow"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:12 am 
Hey Bagheera

Another fab update, iv just caught up coz i had to spend a little stint in hospital. Nothing serious but i just have to take things easy and take a week off work so thats a plus!. 3 days without a visit to the kitten board. I couldnt wait to get home.

As for your question, i would definately leave my mobile off, that way, always a fresh battery if i needed it. Then call for help. Ooh iv just freaked myself out, thats a disturbing thought! Shudder!!!!

Thanx again for the update and looking forward to the next one.

Love Lolaxxx :love

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:51 am 
Kalita - thanks. Yes, I thought I'd get straight down to it, because I've got a lot to get through in this. Yes, resourceful Tara, newly alive for a few minutes and she's already using the magic.

Lola19 - wishing you a speedy recovery. Use your time at home wisely. And, yes, best to leave the phone in the coffin off, it would be so embarrasing if it rang during the funeral (I think I've heard a story about that happening)! ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 995 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next