The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: "Nothing Special written all over"
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:57 am 
I just love it.

I think it going to be a very interesting story

please update soon.:applause

Post subject: "Nothing Special written all over"
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:43 am 
Hmm....the title, gotta ask, does it sound too corny? ah well, you'll get the reason why if ya' read.

Title: Nothing Special Ch. 1/19

By: Me, thebardgirl, or Elizabeth, whatever you prefer.

Email address: uhh…I don’t check it that often, but it’s daytripper20022@yahoo.com

Feedback: Well, if I can actually attain readers, meaning readers who like it, meaning you’ll like it enough to respond then YES! Please tell me what in the frilly heck I’m doing wrong or right! cause you wouldn’t believe how much that’d cheer me up.

Distribution: Now what does this mean? Could someone please explain? *reads faq* ah. Well, I don’t mind what you do with this, just email me first for permission and a heads up.

Spoilers: ha! There are none!! Because this strange bit of writing is an AU.

Rating: Well, I’ll admit it, I’m a coward, and am proud to be one, so It’s at the most PG-13. This is purely a romantic story. Sorry dudes (and dudets if you prefer).

Pairing: Uh, well this is a no-brainer, can you guess?

Disclaimer: Well, I don’t own any of these characters, and you’re all saying, “Duh” right about now, so eh, you get the picture it’s all from Mutant Enemy and Joss Whedon, etc. etc. etc.

Summery: Willow works at her own company, and then meets someone. Again you’re saying, “DUH!” But, eh, I tend not to give too much away; it is an AU. I’m not sure whether or not it will stay where it is, meaning it seems like there’s no buffyverse, but I’m still thinking….oh and this is angsty...and long.....and by long i mean LOOOOOOONNNNNGGG.:sleep

Note: Whokay, dis be the big question. Umm….see, this story has been sticking in my mind since I was in Bacharrach, Germany with my family. There’s a whole reason why it is what it is, but basically, this story is my own personal romantic novel for W/T, kinda what I wish would happen to me. Oh! And one more biggy: I’ve already written it. This is finished. As far as I know. And it’s a lot, so if you’re into it, there’ll be regular updates and such. Course, if all goes well, I might continue it from part 19. Depends on the response I get. Oh and thanks to zee helpfulness of Xita who told me how to do this, even after the billionth time I asked her. (and watch out, i don't have a beta reader, i'm a *shudder* loner)

Please enjoy! For my sake? *looks shamelessly at audience with puppy dog eyes* :spin

Chapter 1

Not many people realize how much goes into a major high-tech corporation or grand computer software company. Course, not many realize the complicity of a regular cinnamon bun. The sort of work that Willow Rosenberg did was always taken for granted, but it wasn’t her fault, or the public’s. It was boring. Well, not to her. The idea of a machine, made originally from the wires and hybrids of the earth’s elements all to combine into an almost intelligent, woman-made apparatus stunned the redhead. Not to mention, made her extremely rich.

It was a normal Tuesday morning, as usual, in Sunnydale’s industrial area. The sun was playing hide and go seek with the clouds, and the sky seemed to wander away from the two altogether causing the heavens to take on a semi gray, semi brown color. Willow was walking towards her final destination of the old brick WAMK Building, her building, one of 7 actually.

As she turned a corner of the street her eyes wandered to a local beat up café. “Nothing special” was written all over it, it seemed. But Willow went there every day even so. Millionaire, or no millionaire, she still held true to the small-time businesses. Although, the mocas weren’t much to babble about; the coffee itself barely passed for caffinated mud. And the pastries weren’t even really pastries, more or less the new world for the exploring fungi to try and start a new colony…

“Fungi Columbi more like…” She grumbled to herself walking whimsically along the sidewalk in her black pinstriped suit.

Who was she kidding? She was lazy when it came to walking short distances, and lucky for her something, however revolting, was less than a block away from her office.

Walking into the “restaurant”, Willow managed to snag a comfy booth to herself nearby one of the few clean windows. She tried to make herself look forward to the upcoming day, seeing as it was always the same thing. Go in, fix computers like no one’s business, stay in the office for lunch, go online for regular check of her permanently empty email, fix more computers (and sometimes the same one from the morning), and leave for her flat.

“Same old, same old,” Willow whispered to herself. She wasn’t really upset at the idea of a routine; more or less it was a needed distraction from her loneliness that seemed to creep into her mind whenever she wasn’t being diverted. But her own emotional problems were nothing to pay attention to. It was just a phase. Just a phase, she was sure.

“What can I get you?” asked the upcoming waitress. She was a young woman, around Willow’s age, actually, meaning 20 or so. She was wearing a small apron hanging loosely around her waist, a short-sleeved blue shirt, long overall jeans that looked like were once worn by a larger person, and her hair was tied up in a hasty bun that personally felt its better side was on the left, and therefore flopped awkwardly to the right.

“Hmm? Oh, I’d like one of your mocas and a small pastry-thingy, if you happen to have one?” Willow asked clumsily.

“Well, we’re running low on pastry-thingies, and actually I wouldn’t recommend the ‘food’ we have here,” the waitress remarked not too subtly. Willow was slightly worried by the upfront candor that came spouting from the server’s mouth, but at the same time grateful it wasn’t just her taste buds being picky.

“That’s fine, I usually don’t eat a heavy breakfast anyway,” Willow slowly said and then added with a little concern, “I was just wondering, who does the cooking here?”

“Oh, um, you see the, uh, ‘cook’ isn’t really a cook,” she said cryptically, which seemed to confuse Willow even more.

Seeing the girl’s brow going into furrow motions, “I mean he’s not really a culinary artist, my dad’s kind of a terrible cook. I was originally supposed to be the cook,” the waitress leaned down ever so slightly as if to keep the conversation confidential, “ but he got angry that I would use up the ingredients, you know, my cooking was too ‘expensive’. His is ‘economic’”, she added with emphasis on the final syllable, and a slightly angry frown. Willow smiled at the concerned voice the waitress took on, she didn’t hate her customers it seemed, actually, she seemed to protect them.

“Well, thanks for the war--” Willow’s words were cut off by a loud, male screech coming behind the waitress, inside what she supposed to be the kitchen.

“HEY! WE DON’T PAY YOU TO MAKE CHIT CHAT WITH THE CUSTOMERS!” Came the overbearing voice. The waitress winced slightly at the cacophony managing to withdraw from her huddle -position.

“You’re not paying me anyway,” the waitress added quietly under her breath as she turned with an apologetic shrug to Willow towards the counter.

Willow barely managed to say anything before she walked off. However, she did realize that the girl had a name-tag. D-something, she was sure. Just as she finally made sure of what it was Willow looked puzzled.

“Donald?” she thought. “What a strange name for a girl, jees her father really has problems with the general rules of naming someone, I mean, I know that Willow is nothing to shout over and jump up and down about with confetti, but you just don’t give a girl a name like Donald. It’s like calling a rose a weed or something, which is a strange simile, and I should just forget it, and why is she staring at me like that?

“Something wrong already? I h-haven’t even served you the moca yet.” Donald asked concerned.

“Huh? No, nothing’s wrong, I’m just sort of wondering about something.”

“Oh, anything I can do, besides stop bugging you?” she added with a weak smile. Willow looked up distracted and noticed yet again the name-tag flopping on the overalls. The waitress trailed Willow’s eyes and saw the object of confusion.

“Oh, wait, you think that this is….”she trailed off pointing at the tag. Willow looked at her, nodding her head in agreement. “Oh! No….no, no, this isn’t my name tag,” she explained to her laughing.

“Well, if you don’t mind me asking, why are you…?”

“Wearing it?” She interjected. “My dad and I were running late and I had to just grab the first clothes I found before dad would blow his top,” she sighed, “turned out to be my brother’s overalls, not mine,” she added slightly embarrassed. The understanding dawned in Willow’s mind and made all clear to her, except for one thing.

“Just wondering, but what is your name? That is if you don’t mind me asking? Cause I know that sometimes when I’m online I don’t hand out my personal info like candy to everyone that comes along or when a solicitor calls I pretend that I’m the crazy sister who lives with me called Millow or something and then I manage to get calls from the Betty Ford center asking if Millow would like to come by and then I have to send back denials of an insane person residing with me and I don’t know where I’m going with this, but I’m sure it had a point in it somewhere, I-I did didn’t I? ” She asked breathlessly, blushing a hot maroon.

The waitress just stared and wondered if this was where she was supposed to interject with her own voice.

“Um….wow….well, I think what you were asking was what my name was?” She asked the boggled-eyed redhead. Willow nodded her head vehemently in agreement. “Well it’s Tara, Tara McClay McClay, not Donald. And may I ask yours? And, uh, ditto the babbling,” she added sweetly.

“W-Willow,” Willow said with more voice than she originally planned, holding out her had rather like an automaton.

“Well, Willow, I’m happy to serve you,” Tara said grabbing Willow’s pale fingers between her bruised, burned fingers and thumb.

Neither mentioned nor let on their surprise at the warm, shocking jolt both received at the touch of their fingers, and finally palms. It was probably just static electricity anyway.

“Thank you, Tara, I’m happy to have you serve me for your services will be muchly appreciated,” Willow said automatically, and then with a shudder of horror, she thought, “Wait, that didn’t sound right. Did I just say I’m happy to be served? Did I really just say that? Why did I say that? What possessed me to say that? Wait, that doesn’t sound too bad. Why do I care why I said that? Why am I thinking why I care why I said that?” Willow thought all too quickly for her mind.

Tara noticed the intense conversation bubbling in Willow’s mind and decided that she better leave her alone for the time being, besides she was sure her moca was cold by now, she didn’t know why she managed to talk so much or so long with the woman, let alone why her father hadn’t noticed yet.

“Better not push my luck,” she thought to herself and decided to say her goodbyes in hopes of retrieving Willow’s watery mudca.

“Uh, yeah, so uh I’ll go grab that drink you ordered…” With that Tara let go of the woman’s hand and walked back toward the counter.

“Here you go, one moca, however non-moca it is,” Tara added trying to get Willow finally conscious. She walked back off wondering if the poor girl was that disturbed by the faint sent of bug-spray. She knew she should have been there when her dad had decided to go pest-slayer on the place, now she was scared the only kind customer she had had in a while was going to be ill from the fumes. Maybe she should go and get her a cold compress? “Perhaps a Tylenol? Or Advil?” Tara thought.

She then looked at the utter confusion and almost pained expression on Willow’s face once more.

“Maybe therapy,” Tara thought.

But before Willow could comprehend that some one real, and in fact not in her head, had said something to her, she realized that she was late for work, however boring and meaningless it was to everyone else.

“Damn!” she silently said to herself checking her watch.

Without a word she got up from the table neglecting the drink, rushing outside and only leaving a gargantuan tip behind.

Tara watched from the counter in surprise, but managed to also see what was left behind. Her father, unfortunately, also noticed.

“Tara, I usually don’t like you talking with the customers so much, but next time that one comes in, feel free to talk to her, in fact, chat her up real good; with that kind of a tip, I might be able to pay back the loans by next year.” Tara tried to interject with her usual disgust and annoyance, but he managed to silence her with his one, sausage-shaped finger, “No arguments, you might be able to pump her some more next time.”

Tara barely listened, although she slightly frowned. Talking to Willow even more was not a problem for her. She only stuttered once and for some inexplicable reason, it was the most fun thing she’d done in a long time.

“Yeah, talk, with Willow, s-sure, I-I-I mean, yes s-s-sir,” she added lamely.

“I mean it, young money is foolish and we need to keep it confused for as long as possible, that’s how working class Joes like us make a living,” he added hotly.

“More like working class hoboes,” Tara said under her breath. “I wonder where she comes from? Who she works for?” Tara thought to herself. “Oh well, can’t think about that right now, I’ve got an exciting day of poor tips and sexual harassment ahead of me, why should I care about one red head girl who happened to walk in one morning?” She thought off handedly, but to her surprise Willow did not escape her mind so easily, it took four broken mugs by her customers and two slaps on her backside to make her forget the wonderful beginning to yet another rotten day.

Tbc…

Whew! you got through it bravo! now...here comes the moment of truth...is it worthy of kitten-boardyness? or :letter ?

ah whatever, i've done it, there's no stopping it now...

Last night in sweet slumber I dreamed I did see my own precious jewel sat smiling by me.

And when I awakened I found it not so; my eyes like some fountain with tears overflowed.

Edited by: maudmac  at: 10/2/03 9:45 pm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:55 am 
is it worthy of kitten-boardyness?!?! OF CORSE IT IS!!!

I am loving this entire setup you have going here!! The way they met is so casual and just...oh! i love it!! :applause You're writing style rocks as well!! So physched to read more of this! I spelled that wrong...ah well! :grin Reallly glad there'll be regular updates! Ee!! I'm so excited!! I can tell this is gonna be a great one!! :grin :grin

Edited to add:

oh!! i just read your profile thingy (cause i do weird stuff like that casue there's nothing else to 'round here) and it said you rode horses!! :grin horses rock! i've been riding for years! yay!! so glad to have another horse lover round here!! *beams*

Galahad: What a strange person. French Dude: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. Galahad: Is there someone else up their we could talk to? French Dude: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time. - Monty Python

Edited by: foreverpiper at: 9/20/03 5:59 pm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:08 am 
Interesting way to meet someone. I am little worried though because of the description of Tara's hands. I hope Willow will be able to get Tara out of this environment soon.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Post subject: Re: Whoah holy crap.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:10 am 
Oh. Poor Tara. I knew her father must be doing a number on her. Willow now has a reason to take some time off.

Post subject: Whoah holy crap.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:39 am 
hey now! people liked this stuff? YOU LIKE ME YOU REALLY (okay maybe not really) LIKE ME! You brave souls who responded are making mah day! and dudes! i am sooooo willing to post every few days at the most a week, (because i have school work). Wow, i get to do the boldy-of-screennames-thingy where i leave mah own messages. SWEET! :grin

foreverpiper- you rock! Horses rock! AND i'm taking a wild guess here, you like monty python, ("What are you doing in England?") that rocks cause i do too. in fact life of Brian, the Holy Grail and the flying circus make my life special...or me special...in the head. and i have a writing style? wowie....that sounds so professional.

shygirl-wow....you *gasp* love it? WHOOOOOOO! :banana *does a little dance, makes a little dove, and gets down with the flight* er...someting like that.

The Rose24-yea, the hand thing worried me too...its not exactly a nice way to see someone first off, i mean it would suck if Willow read palms...not that she does...i don't think...

no but you guys are sooooo nice....i'm sorry i'm not used to such kind words back for my free writing. and also the fact that you're willing to read it is heartening at the least (i can't stop typing-like right now- it's a disease!) so huh...i think i'll add on another posting then...just para ustedes.

Title: Nothing Special Ch. 2/19

Email address: uhh…I don’t check it that often, but it’s daytripper20022@yahoo.com

Feedback: Well, if I can actually attain readers, meaning readers who like it, meaning you’ll like it enough to respond then YES! Please tell me what in the frilly heck I’m doing wrong or right! cause you wouldn’t believe how much that’d cheer me up.

Distribution: I don’t mind what you do with this, just email me first for permission and a heads up.

Rating: Well, I’ll admit it, I’m a coward, and am proud to be one, so It’s at the most PG-13. This is purely a romantic story. Sorry dudes (and dudets if you prefer).

Disclaimer: Well, I don’t own any of these characters, and you’re all saying, “Duh” right about now, so eh, you get the picture it’s all from Mutant Enemy and Joss Whedon, etc. etc. etc.

Summery: Willow works at her own company, and then meets someone. Again you’re saying, “DUH!” But, eh, I tend not to give too much away; it is an AU. It's angsty....

Chapter 2

“BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! FIRE ALERT!”

Willow awoke with a sudden upward thrust of her head.

“Wha? Huh? Whatzaproblem?” She slurred out of her mouth.

“Will, you’ve really got to work on tying your hair back before you take afternoon naps in the office,” came a sarcastic but well-meaning voice. Willow was sitting at her own wooden desk, which was infested with paperwork, with one old Mac on one side and a PC laptop on the other, each covered as well with large stacks of more papers and files that hadn’t yet found a home. Her curly, red hair was frizzing slightly at every-which-way making it almost impossible to tell the difference between her and medusa, the gorgon.

“Buffy, what’s the deal? I was just resting my eyes, not sleeping, cause I would never sleep on the job, I mean I created this job, as well as your job I might add and since when is my hair in need to be tied back because last time I checked missy, your hair was the hair that was so hairy it needed to be controlled by the hair police, not mine, thank you very much and why are you giggling at me?” Willow stared back at her friend who seemed to find the office rug very interesting at the moment. Buffy cleared her throat in an attempt to continue the stern but kind talk-to she was determined to give to her friend. Boss or no boss, Willow was still her friend, and that meant she could tell her when she was an idiot.

“Willow, you can barely keep your eyes open. I mean you’re working insane hours. I’ve caught you working to almost exhaustion, so just stop. Stop it now. P-Please?” Buffy asked sweetly.

“Buffy, I’m fine, besides I’ve been really productive lately, and it would be a shame if--” she was cut short by Buffy.

“If you ‘cut back your time just because you were the boss’. It’s your ‘duty to keep a high standard for superiors in every company’ blah, blah, blah, blah…Will, seriously, have you seen the bags under your eyes? Now I know where the lost luggage from airports ends up.”

“Buffy, I’m a little groggy, that’s all, and if this is your nice talk what are you like when you’re mean?” Willow asked defensively.

“Well, you see, that’s when I get the hedge clippers,” Buffy said mockingly. “Seriously Willow, take a break already, I don’t care if you might be able to hot wire UFOs’ spaceships, just take off some time. You’ll regret it if you don’t.” Buffy added making her departure from Willow’s crowded office.

“It’s not that I don’t want to take a break…” Willow trailed off quietly. “I just don’t want to let my mind wander…”

Being alone is nothing that humans haven’t coped with before. There are poems, love songs, prayers, books, movies, etc. all to do with how to cope without the comfort of your fellow woman or man. It’s hard enough to go through at an elderly age after a long social life, but for Willow, it was beginning all too soon. She was barely 20, had become a millionaire over-night by re-creating a new software that would undoubtedly protect consumers from the rip off of Microsoft and then found herself missing out on the best years of her life. There was no room for romance, or nervous giggles around a crush; no room for the tears of the first break up or even the first kiss. Just computers. Always and only her AI friends.

She hadn’t realized how sad she was until she saw the happiness that illuminated from Buffy when she saw Angel. From that point on it seemed every moment she had to herself became a nightmare. She rarely got a good nights sleep; her loneliness was destroying her completely from the inside out.

But it wasn’t that she wasn’t social. She was all with the fun and games, but she never felt it. The sort of attraction that isn’t apparent at the moment, but a week afterward when you realize you’re missing not seeing that person’s face. She had missed out on the adolescent want to be able to stop time for a couple of hours to just stare at their eyes. It had never happened. It seemed there was no one for her. Or, in fact, closer to reality, no one wanted her.

“Fun, fun, fun, I’m miss depression aren’t I? Willow said under her breath. Buffy walked by the office door again just in time to interject, “And besides, Will, talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.”

“Really? I thought it was talking to you!” Willow added heatedly. She walked towards the door and Buffy, who had the brains to run off before hothead Willow vented her anger on her one precious secretary.

6 hours later, in the dead of night, Willow managed to shut down her computer, grab her longer suede coat and walk out of the office yawning. It was 12 o’clock at night.

The streets were basically deserted and she managed to ignore the smell of urine coming from the side alleys. The dank air only added to her cold, and made her bundle up closer to the lining of the coat, almost covering her face completely, which is probably why she didn’t see the person that slammed into her.

“Oof!” Willow cried fumbling to the ground.

“Ow!” Came a softer cry as the second body fell as well on top of Willow’s stomach. Willow was sprawled on the sidewalk trying to pick herself up on her elbows. The second person was clumsily trying to pick herself off of the torso of her would-be innocent by-stander.

“S-s-sorry, I t-t-thought you’d s-see and then w-w-walk to t-t-the other side, I w-w-wasn’t thinking,” came the apologetic and frightened voice.

“Hey, its no big,” Willow replied easily. “Besides I’m not exactly upset that I was covered by a warm body for a millisecond. I mean, uh, what I meant was, uh, the weather is not body temperature or even room temperature as a matter of fact because well, being outside sort of necessitates you not being in a room, so, yeah, it would make sense that it wouldn’t be ‘room’ temperature, and also I mean, I’m warm blooded so I’m not all that gung-ho about hypothermia and such not to say that you’re not warm blooded, or insult you of your bloodiness, er, uh, what I mean is it’s cold,” Willow ended with a huff of frozen air emitting from her nostrils and mouth.

“Willow?” came the soft voice. She got up off the ground helping the other up as well.

Willow looked puzzled for a moment; it wasn’t everyday that she ran into a stranger who knew her name. She’d suck at being Rumplestilzken.

“It’s me, Tara, the waitress from the café this morning?” Tara asked with a hopeful smile. “Please say you remember me, please say you remember me,” she thought to herself.

“TARA! Oh! Of course I remember! I can’t tell you how much I uh, enjoyed that uh…” Willow was struggling to with her brain to function.

“Moca?” Tara offered.

“Yeah, that’s it,” Willow exhaled happily.

“The moca that you didn’t touch and ran out after leaving my college tuition behind?” Tara asked again with a slight smirk.

“Uh, oh yeah, I forgot about that. I’m really sorry I bolted like that,” Willow pointed at her watched-wrist, “I suddenly realized that I was late for work and had to get out of there before the whole day went by before I knew it…”

“No, no, it’s okay, I really wouldn’t have wanted you to drink it anyway. It probably would have taken a year off your life anyway,” Tara said smiling kindly.

“Gees, for the waitress you certainly know your PR,” Willow added with a wily grin.

“No, it’s my own beef with the management. But I’ll get over it,” Tara shrugged, then realized that she was still getting over an immense pain on her shoulder and arm. “Ow,” she took in a sharp piece of air only causing her to wince even further. The bruise on her head wasn’t adding any comfort either.

“Oh, god, are you okay? Did I hurt you that much?” Willow asked suddenly extremely worried.

“No, no, I’m just achy all over from something else,” Tara added with a small, exhausted voice. Her head was throbbing.

“Well, what something else besides me running into you could leave those kind of marks on your arms?” Willow asked confused, and yet again, worried.

“Oh, um, those are from me running into the counters, I-I also dropped some mugs and stuff, I’m kinda clumsy,” Tara said weakly, clutching her forehead, afraid Willow was smarter than her babbling.

“Ran into some stuff…” Willow didn’t want to pry. She knew she was out of place. So, instead she decided to get off the subject, perhaps even subtly get Tara away from any pain. “I understand, I mean I was voted ‘girl most likely to succeed’ as well as ‘girl most likely to fall into a pit of wild crocodiles’ so me and clumsiness go hand in hand…” Willow trailed off, hoping Tara would take charge of the conversation.

Tara laughed quietly, glad that Willow hadn’t caught on; she didn’t need yet another friend telling her to take charge of her life. What life did she have outside of family?

“You’re funny,” Tara said giggling, smiling like a baby who had been given the biggest piece of candy in the whole family. The two began walking the way Willow had first intended, toward her flat, without either consciously realizing it.

“No, more or less, I’m unique, at least that’s what Buffy says,” Willow added dryly.

“Who’s Buffy?” Tara inquired.

“A very old, old, old, friend. Meaning I’ve known her for more than a year,” Willow said amused.

“Ah, so you have many old, old, old, friends do you? What does it take to become one of your friends?” Tara said playfully.

“Well, sometimes, if you’re lucky, I’ll give you a get-to-friendship-free card instead of waiting a whole year,” Willow joked back, “But only if you meet the requirements.”

“What requirements?” Tara asked with an inquisitive smile.

“Well you have to be human, for one, I can’t stand demons trying to be human, oh and you have to be a waitress at a café I almost had a moca at that morning,” Willow said with a straight face, “Besides those two, I can’t think of any other requirements.”

Tara giggled, letting her hair conceal her face for shame her blushing might be caught by the redhead’s eye.

“Those are very specific requirements.”

“Well, I only make them to fit the people I want to be friends with,” Willow said quietly and calmly.

“Hey, here’s my stop, Tara,” Willow pointed at the handsome craftsman flat that was off to the side of the street concealed by a weeping willow tree. A small stain glass window of red, orange, green, and blue was the finishing touch on the corner of the building.

“Wow, that’s a r-really nice place you’ve got there, must of cost a d-dime,” Tara inwardly slapped herself for her bluntness.

“Well, ever since the overnight success story I’ve kinda had a liking to non-cheap stuff,” Willow said jokingly.

Tara wondered about that statement for a bit, nodding, but her head began to throb again hard.

“Oh,” Tara winced again, feeling weaker by the moment.

“Tara? What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Willow asked concerned and slightly afraid she had said something extremely wrong. Tara fell back a bit only to be caught by Willow’s open arms. “Tara?” When Tara did not respond right away, Willow decided to take things, literally, into her own hands.

“Tara, I’m going to take you into my flat, okay? You probably need to rest, and by the looks of it, you’re exhausted, so just lean onto me, okay?” Willow fumbled with the key and got inside closing the wooden door, entering with Tara limply walking clutched within her arms. “You’re safe here,” Willow whispered laying Tara down onto her couch, covering her with her green chenille blanket. She didn’t know what she was doing, or why she was doing it. All she knew was that she just met some one that meant a lot to her. She didn’t know why, or how, but she just needed to protect her. It meant something, which was more than she could say about her ‘duties’ at work.

Tara mumbled in her sleep slowly and quietly slipping away into a deep subconscious state that she wouldn’t rise out of for a while.

“You’re safe,” Willow whispered again leaning down laying a small kiss on Tara’s forehead before heading upstairs herself to grab her own pajamas and blanket to spend the night downstairs, keeping watch on her newly arrived patient.

For the first time in many nights, Willow slept soundly, and oddly enough, happily.

Last night in sweet slumber I dreamed I did see my own precious jewel sat smiling by me.

And when I awakened I found it not so; my eyes like some fountain with tears overflowed.

Edited by: thebardgirl at: 11/22/03 3:09 pm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:04 am 
Nono!! You rock!! Not only do i have another incredibley great update to read, but now you mention you like monty python!!! *tears of joy stream down face :happycry (hypothetical tears...casue if they were real, well...that'd be weird)* horses, monty python, great fic! what more could a person ask for!?! and actually...i hate to admit it but i have yet to see the life of brain OR the flying circus...it pains me to say it, it does. :( i only just got the holy grail last christmas!! i'm gonna get the flying circus soon...i can only hope!

now, onto the real feedback ;) poor Will feelin all lonely!! well at least she wont feel that way for long right :grin loved them meetin again! but oooh!! her dad :mad the poop! ah, and now shes at willows house...:grin cant wait for more!!

Galahad: What a strange person. French Dude: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. Galahad: Is there someone else up their we could talk to? French Dude: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time. - Monty Python

Edited by: foreverpiper at: 9/20/03 9:06 pm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:17 am 
Dude, this is an awesome story so far! Very entertaining and obviously well thought out. :peace I can't wait to read more. I'm so glad that Willow has rescued and is going to take care of Tara! :grin

~Sappho :bounce

Willow: Yeah, that’s me. Reliable dog geyser person.

Anya: Give me a beer. Bartender: I.D. Anya: [Looks at him w/ disbelief] Bartender: I.D.

Anya: I’m 1,120 years old!!! Just give me a friggin’ beer! Bartender: I.D. Anya: [Sigh] Give me a Coke.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:14 am 
Wow... i think that from the first paragraph i could already tell that this was going to be one of those stories that will have me checking for updates about once every few minutes. it's so amazingly written, easy to read, and it flows beautifully. so please keep the updates coming, and thanks so much for writing this.

~Cyn :flower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:18 am 
:bow This a great story, your Willowbabble is perfect. I'm really enjoying this, and the interaction between Tara and Willow is excellent. Seems that Mr Maclay is up to his old tricks again :( but here's hoping that Willow and Tara will sort things out.

Every time you walk away, I pretend that I'm okay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:30 pm 
Hey :)

I think this is a great story. :applause

I'm sorry that Tara has to put up with her father and brother but maybe now she can fight back :)

I'll be waiting for the next update :eatme

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die.

The in between is mine.

I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:36 pm 
Hey ho!

I've just read the parts and I'm glad I did!

Sounds promising, and kinda fun...although you promised lotsa angst... bad you!

Your fic, and Willow's background mostly reminds me of a movie called Memford, about a fake psychologist, who sets "shop" in a town also called Memford , or something like that. My point is, before I slip into babbledom, that Willow reminds me of the psy's friend, a guy who owns a billions-worth company that's built in the same town...

anyway... it's probably far fetched...

Update soon please!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:12 pm 
Hey Elizabeth..Btw, I added you..so thank you for replying to me..:kiss On with this though..Wow, I love it so far, it is really wonderful and sweet..But Tara's bruises...nooo...I hope Willow helps her. Love sammi xxxx:love

Edited by: sam darls at: 9/21/03 11:12 am

Post subject: fun
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:38 pm 
:lol "maybe therapy."

I had to laugh like an ass when I read that one (well, maybe not like an ASS, but you know what I mean). I like your humor, not overdone, just natural fun.

Please keep writing. :grin

Sleek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:43 pm 
HEY- I really, really, really like this story. Its pretty damn skippy! And i really hope there will be an update soon!:)

--- i feel bad for Tara, but Willow is there to make all things better......right?

Post subject: Kalu Kalay, is there an udate today?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:05 am 
Small note: Hmmm....here i am finishing three essays today (one in spanish) :letter and i finally get away from calculus to think, "i wonder if there were any more people who liked the fanfic?".... so seeing all these sweet responses makes me only smile more. *sniff sniff*:happycry i used to lurk around watching your names respond to these awesome writers...and now, you're resonding to meeee....either you're blind, or just COOL! :grin

and on with the replies!

The Rose24-yes, tara's dad has only one purpose in life, and well, that's already been done....my feeling is he shouldn't exist now....i wonder if the mafia does jobs for fictional characters?

foreverpiper-heh...speaking of riding horses i was just at the stables today...ah yes, willow's loneliness is actually a third person retelling of what i was feeling last year, er, this year as well i guess. ah whatever. i channeled myself into this story alot unfortunately. but i hope you can deal with it.

Sappho- awesome eh? *Grins like a mad fool* hey and you are so observant to see how much i thought this out....cause i did... i really, really did. i'd lie awake at night thinking of the next part before i went to sleep...and yes! willow rescuing anyone is so...so...well...*day dreams*

Lady6string- a fellow guitarista? am i correct in understanding your screen name? ahh i just got a 12 string myself....i LOVE guitars...and this has nothing to do with the fic....ah whatever...and you like it? Whooo! you think i write with flow? cool dude! i'm keeping up with the updates as we speak.

LostWithoutTara- mah willowbabble....ah yes yes...unfortunately i DO babble like Willow, and so yet again, i'm channeling myself into the story at parts....i think i actually said something like the 'warm body speech' to some one once...ah *sniff* memories.

Sabina- i wish she would fight back as well....but Tara and *makes punches in air* fighting? is that her way of doing things? do not wait any longer dear sabina...it's here.

Arwen276- Ah! Arwen/lex! you read it! whooooo *runs around happily* unfortunately yes it is angsty, but uh the end result as always will be positive. only umm...there is a draw back to this fic, which i'll explain to you all in the second note.

sam darls- Whoo and hoo to you too. and the reply? tis nothing; just wanted to say hello. It's nice to find people around mah age with the same likes and dislikes as me. i feel bad for tara's bruises too...its not fun to write, but eh, that's the story i had going...and so it shall be...or something like that...

sleek-Hey cool! you got my strange humor! *says like mr. burns* excellent and asses are good i mean donkeys....DONKEYS.....cause they're like horses? ah i give up.

Doppelganger5x5-ah! you really really really do? well that's good. it would suck like a duck if you really really really didn't. and pretty damn skippy? well, you can't get much better than that....unless of course it's Jiffy...or Adams...wait...we ARE talking about peanutbutter right? *goes to make pj sandwhich*

Second small note: okay....i just really don't want to disapoint you guys now, but this fanfic is also slow. painfully sometimes. so bear with me, i am new at this. just a little warning cause if you start going grr at me i can say while ducking behind a trash can, "i told you so".

and on with the fic!

Title: Nothing Special Ch. 3/19

Distribution: I don’t mind what you do with this, just email me first for permission and a heads up.

Summery: Willow works at her own company, and then meets someone. Again you’re saying, “DUH!” But, eh, I tend not to give too much away; it is an AU. It's angsty....

Chapter 3

The morning sun broke through the craftsman wooden panels that outlined Willow’s windows, causing the room to take on an illuminated, dreamy state of morning and sunrise. Tara barely woke before she realized, “Oh, dear, I’m not in Kansas anymore…I’m here…wherever here is.” She began to retrace her steps the night before. She had had an ‘argument’ with her dad, then was forced to stay late to cleanup, was stranded at the café only to be told to walk back by Donald on the phone who had gone grocery shopping instead of her and her ‘big spending’, and then…

It hit her.

Willow.

She met, actually, crashed into Willow, she was still woozy from the night’s fight and then they talked.

“We talked, and then…and then, what happened?” Tara thought to herself, she didn’t understand how she got into this nice house, or how she had a couch to herself or why she didn’t tell Willow that she really liked talking to her before she left. Did she leave? It was no use, just blackness, all blackness.

Tara sat up on the couch, the blanket slipping down over her overalls and shirt; she looked around and saw the day-old bruise on her arm. She did remember that. Tara didn’t know it until yesterday, but frying pans aren’t so comical when they’re thrown at you unlike what Looney Toons had told her throughout her childhood.

It was bright, and her eyes were crusty with the morning sleep. She managed to detangle herself from the lovely blanket so carefully placed on her.

“By whom though?” She thought.

And then she saw. In a crinkly-flannel-pajama-pile lay a nested redhead calmly sleeping on easy chair next to the sofa. She seemed so peaceful, like a child on the morning of Christmas, too happy to wake up and take the surprise away so soon. Tara marveled at the childhood and womanhood that seemed to combine so exquisitely in this one human form, and then stopped herself.

“Why am I thinking about her like this? She’s just a really nice, wonderful, beautiful, no, not beautiful, but she is beautiful. Okay, okay, so she’s beautiful, great, I got that. What am I thinking? Why am I thinking about this? This is making my head hurt,” Tara thought confused and bewildered.

“Oh!” Tara exclaimed out loud, causing Willow to stir a little. “Of course! My head,” she felt the large bump on the side of her temple, “I felt faint, Willow, she brought me into her flat…” Tara suddenly felt intrusive and something else. She couldn’t quite place a finger on it. She couldn’t describe it, but it felt like some one had finally felt appreciative of her, as if it was a problem if she was hurt. That was new. Too new, it should be familiar, but it just wasn’t.

“Tara?” Willow said startled by the standing figure of the girl who seemed less likely to stand up then her cat last night. “Hey,” She said getting up out of the bundle of blankets and pillows she brought down, “I’m sorry, you must be kind of confused,” Willow tried to think on her toes, but that was hard seeing as her left knee was still tangled in the sheets and the damn pajamas that she knew she should have gotten in a small instead of a medium, stupid catalogue with the buy one get one free ad.

“Here,” Tara helped Willow escape causing the two to be in a half-hazard hug for several seconds. When Willow finally escaped, the two in each other’s arms, she couldn’t help stare. “She has really blue eyes, huh, didn’t know that, nice big blue eyes, really nice, nice…” Willow thought lazily. Tara noticed the dazed look on her captives’ face, and decided to end the wonderful, but odd embrace. She moved to sit back down on the couch to begin her apology and I’ll-never-do-it-again speech, but Willow wasn’t even there to be the disappointed audience. Tara looked and saw the back of the groggy-redhead move to what she could only guess was the kitchen. Willow didn’t seem to notice a problem with Tara’s presence in her home. In fact Willow didn’t seem to notice the uncomfortable feeling Tara was getting about staying in a stranger’s home.

“Hey, Tara, would you like some cereal? Some pancake mix that I’ve never used but pretend to use when mom comes for a visit? Or would you like me to go out and get you a bagel?” Willow asked poking her head out of the doorway towards the living room.

“Uh, I uh, um, W-Willow?” Tara asked uncertain of how to phrase what she needed to know.

“Yes?” Willow answered cheerfully.

“Um…can we talk?” Tara asked yet again. “Tara’s uncomfortable,” Willow thought, “this is not good, need to make Tara comfortable, need to make Tara happy.”

“Sure we can talk, but over breakfast, I never do well with heavy conversation and a light breakfast,” Willow said mock seriously.

Tara couldn’t say no to that compromise, “Sure, we can talk over breakfast, but I’m cooking, and perhaps if you’re lucky I’ll make you some pancakes with that mix that you so wonderfully kept to impress your parents.”

“Hmm…can’t argue with that. Oh! You can make funny shaped ones!” Willow exclaimed like a happy child.

“Huh?” Tara seemed confused.

“You know, become unconventional, break all boundaries, make pancakes in non-circular forms!” Willow spouted.

“Sure, I can make any pancake you wish, just as long as you don’t make speeches about everything like that,” Tara added smirking. It all came back, everything to do with Willow and how much of a joy it was to have this new friend in her life. She had been prepared to bolt only a few moments before, but now, she dreaded bringing up the how’s and why’s; she was only interested in the who, specifically the person jumping up and down in front of her about pancakes of all things.

Breakfast went as well as it could, both girls stole glances at the other to see if the other one was “alright”. But neither could meet the other’s eyes when the talk came up.

“Tara, I, uh, I’m sure you’re a little confused why you’re here, but I just want to tell you that you’re welcome here any time you uh, you need a place to stay, to sleep or just make me food,” Willow said half-joking.

“Thanks, I don’t want to impose any more than I already have, but thanks again,” Tara said. “I’m so s-s-sorry about what happened last night, I should have been m-m-more careful--”Tara was cut short by Willow’s shushing and hand covering hers.

“Tara, I don’t know what happened to you last night, nor do I think it is any of my business, but you were hurt, okay? You were in bad shape, and still might be,” Willow said looking over Tara’s bare skin. “I just want you to be safe, its not right that you should be, uh, well,” Willow was stepping over bounds, she knew it.

“Beaten?” Tara said simply.

“What? You were? By whom? What’s the name? Where does the person live? Where’s m--” Willow was going to say ‘where’s my revolver’, although she knew very well she didn’t own one, but Tara had interrupted her with a small rub on the shoulder stating merely there was nothing she could or should do, it was Tara’s fight, not hers, yet.

“It’s okay, I’m trying to get out on my own, but things are just hard the way they are, I don’t have anything but my family to support me, so for now, I just need to deal with it, besides it was my fault for aggravating him.”

“Him…meaning your father? The sweet old cook who was so wonderful and perky yesterday morning?” Willow asked quietly with a sense of dread. Tara nodded in agreement. Neither knew how to end this conversation, although with the beginning of silence, it was clear it already had.

tbc...

okay...i can't tell if that's a shorter or longer update...so you scream at me for more if that's not enough i guess. i hope you like!

-elizabeth

Post subject: Re: Kalu Kalay, is there an udate today?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:17 am 
Quote:
foreverpiper-heh...speaking of riding horses i was just at the stables today...

Lucky you!! I havent been to the stables for at least 3 weeks :angry if i only had a car...*wistful sigh*...or a drivers lisence...

now, on the the real feedback!

have i mentioned how much i like your writing style?:read :grin your descriptions are excellent!! :grin loved the pancakes lines! grr...i really dislike Tara's dad :rage ...much with the not liking when it comes to him :D

Edited by: foreverpiper at: 9/21/03 6:18 pm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:23 am 
Lets see just when i think i cant like this fic ne more than i already do.....you go an update it and make me like it even more!

...altho, i wish it would have been a teeny bit longer, but i guess that just means ill have to sit and wait patiently for the next one......which will be soon right?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:55 am 
Excellent again! :applause You know, I don't think any updates are ever long enough. :p So keep them comin'! Woo and a hoo to you. :grin

~Sappho :bounce

Willow: Yeah, that’s me. Reliable dog geyser person.

Anya: Give me a beer. Bartender: I.D. Anya: [Looks at him w/ disbelief] Bartender: I.D.

Anya: I’m 1,120 years old!!! Just give me a friggin’ beer! Bartender: I.D. Anya: [Sigh] Give me a Coke.

Edited by: Sappho at: 9/21/03 7:56 pm

Post subject: Re: Update
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:54 am 
Argh. Please don't let Tara go back to that bad situation. I am sure Willow will let her stay with her. It is really hard to see Tara hurt. :pray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:02 am 
Ah the where am I?

Always fun.

There's a lot of fun to be had with AU

Sorry I missed church, I was busy becoming a lesbian and worshiping Satan

Open up Pandora's kiss.

Bardlet no #27

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:43 am 
Wonderful update, and so beautifully written :kiss More, more...please?:flower love sammi xx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:25 am 
oooh, i'm kinda late to join this, but may i pleaaaaase?! :)

I'm totally hooked by your story. It's wonderfully written and I love our girl's sense of humor in here. Willow's babble fest are the best ever :applause

Tara's father is an *!§!!§"*, but we all already know that i guess...don't like him. :angry

I can't wait for more!

snuggle79 :wave

I don't get wild. Wild on me equals spaz.

This is how everyday should end and start ..and all the stuff in the middle

The greatest thing you'll learn, is just to love and be loved in return.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:33 pm 
Updates are coming quickly! yay, so glad you posted. I love this fic, poor Tara though. Her dad is terrible, but hey now she's in the shelter of Willow's house, I hope she never leaves :grin

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:38 pm 
Hey! I really like this fic. Poor Tara :( Like Xita said, I hope she never leaves Willow's :)

:peace Pax! -Bev

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:26 pm 
:applause

Great update. I really hope Tara can stand up to her father and get out of that situation. Hopefully, with Willow's support she'll find the strength to do it.

Every time you walk away, I pretend that I'm okay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:09 pm 
I likes this, I really likes this! (Said in my best chucky voice):applause

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:09 pm 
You've got a good fic going! I always love to see in how many different ways people can write the familiar elements (like right now, Tara's abusive family and stuff). Please, keep going, I am eagerly awaiting more!

Patricia

---------------

W-what were they looking at?

-The hotness of you doofus!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:51 pm 
This fic certainly is something special, Miss. I like your style of writing.

Choosing not to decide is still a choice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:10 pm 
Wow, this is great. You have a great sense of humor. Love the little comments about Looney Tunes and such.

And you've got Willow's babbling, both internal and external, down so well. But poor Tara. I certainly hope you're going to get her out of that damn environment soon.

Looking forward to more.

--celia

---------------------------------

When innocence is shattered
... madness is inevitable

www.gotlicky.com

Edited by: tiredsoul at: 9/24/03 4:11 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next