The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Revelations [AU] (Complete)
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53

TITLE: Revelations

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER: 1/8

RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Not mine, never were, never will be.

SUMMARY: What happens when helping a friend leads to learning things about yourself that could change your life forever?

SPOILERS: Nope, not a one. Possible stealage of dialogue here and there.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay. So I’ve been away from this board (at least as a writer) waaaay too long. I fully intended to come back with something new right after Christmas but a lot of RL stuff got in the way and I’m only able to get back to life as I knew it (the kitten board, of course, included) now. Complete credit for the idea behind this story goes to Alex_Vixen(which, if you haven’t already, check out her story ‘Surprises and Secrets’, it’s amazing!), who so graciously offered her story to me since I was struggling with coming up with concepts and worried about how rusty my writing skills would be. I have this one almost finished, so I’m gonna post a chapter everyday from now until it’s finished. I’m so happy to be back posting again and thanks to everyone who reads (And I still think I’m pretty out of practice with this, so I apologise if this isn’t up to scratch...)

AUTHOR'S NOTE 2: This the first time I've ever written Buffy/Faith as a pairing, since I generally don't ship them, so I'm not sure I got the tone of them exactly right...I've never actually written Faith at all, or Dawn, so they may not be exactly right...The main focus is of course, Willow/Tara anyway so I'm hoping it won't matter too much...if it does, I'm really sorry This is just supposed to be fluffy, so I warn in advance, depictions of things that may seem unrealistic is to keep things in tone with that...

“What if she kicks me out...or tries to send me to conversion therapy...or, oh god, what if it gives her another brain aneurysm????”

“I’m with B on this one. I’d take on the Hulk himself if I had to, but Mamma Summers? No way, no how.”

Buffy reached for Faith’s hand to comfort her as she saw the shiver go up her back at the thoughts of having to tell her mother what they wanted to tell her. She’d called her friends, Willow, Tara and Xander over to her house to try and figure out the best way to go about things, but so far the conversation had consisted of herself and Faith voicing ideas back and forth of the worst possible outcomes of the situation. She and Xander had met Willow and Tara, who had lived next door to each other their whole lives, on the first day of Kindergarten, and they had stayed friends all through elementary school, junior high and now into their senior year of high school.

Faith was a new student this year, having left her life of being in and out of foster care homes the day she turned 18. The two had clicked straight away and it didn’t take long for their friendship to turn into something more. Telling their friends about their relationship had been easy as pie...but Buffy’s mother? That was a whole other ball game.

“Your mother is the coolest,” Xander interjected, “Plus she makes the best cocoa.”

“It’s true,” Willow nodded emphatically, “She just wants you to be happy. She won’t care that you and Faith are dating.”

“You and Faith are what?!”

All five turned to where the squeal had come from, the door of Buffy’s bedroom, where they were currently all sitting in and Buffy jumped up, striding angrily towards the door when she saw who was standing there. She grabbed the figure and pulled her inside, shutting the door in the process.

“Keep your voice down!” she hissed, glaring at her little sister.

“But you...and, and...” Dawn quickly looked between Buffy and Faith, realisation gracing her features, “Oh that’s so gross!”

“Hey!” Faith spoke up, standing as well and going over to stand over Dawn, “Just because I’m a girl and-”

“I don’t think it’s gross because you’re both girls, stupid,” Dawn replied rolling her eyes, “I’m just freaked that the moaning I heard coming from in here the other night when you stayed over wasn’t just ‘cause one of you sprained your ankle running or something like I thought.”

Buffy blushed bright red while Faith just got a smug smile on her face.

“Yea, well,” Buffy splurted, “You shouldn’t know anything about moaning anyway. You’re thirteen.”

“I’m fourteen,” Dawn scoffed indignantly, folding her arms across her chest, “And I know all about sex. We had a class about it in school.”

Faith chuckled quietly and resumed her sitting position with the others, who were all looking on with slightly bated breath, seeing how this scene was going to play out.

“Well that better be the only way you’re learning about it. But, um, hey? You’re gonna keep quiet about this, right? You won’t tell mom?”

“I dunno,” Dawn replied, narrowing her eyes, “What’s in it for me?”

Buffy sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Those new jeans I bought last week,” she replied tersely, not for the first time regretting her short and her sister’s unnaturally tall limb length, “And you only get to borrow them.”

“Fine...but I wanna come out with you guys to the Bronze as well!”

“No way,” Buffy said, shaking her head, “Not a chance kiddo.”

Dawn stared her sister down for a second before shrugging her shoulders.

“Okay then. MOOOMM-”

She was cut off from her scream as Buffy put a hand over her mouth. The younger girl’s natural reaction was to bite the obstructing body part.

“OW!” Buffy yelped, pulling her hand back, “You bit me you little-”

“Okay, okay, guys chill out.”

Both sisters turned as Tara’s voice rang out through the room and saw her walking towards them. Tara put a hand on Dawn’s shoulder comfortingly.

“We’ll bring you to the Bronze, okay, Dawnie?”

Buffy was about to protest but a quick glance from Tara made her shut her mouth and go sit next to Faith.

“But you need to promise me you won’t say anything about the things you heard in here today, okay? It’s important that Buffy tells your mom when she’s ready.”

Dawn nodded her head in understanding. Tara was her favourite of her sister’s friends; she never treated her like she was a child and always explained things to her like an equal.

“Okay. I promise, Tara.”

“Thumb shake?” Tara asked, putting her thumb out for their own private secret handshake that had stemmed from multiple games of thumb wars over the years.

“Thumb shake,” Dawn confirmed, interlocking her thumb with the Tara’s and shaking it up and down.

Tara smiled at Dawn as their digits broke apart and the younger girl squealed before going over to her sister’s open wardrobe and grabbing the brand-new, never-been-worn jeans from the hanger they were leaning on and running out of the room. Buffy sighed again as Tara sat back down with the gang.

“I don’t know how you’re so patient with her, Tara,” Buffy said, scowling at the door Dawn had just left through, “She better not spill anything on those jeans.”

“Don’t worry, baby,” Faith leered, putting a hand on her girlfriend’s thigh, “I prefer you without them anyway.”

“Oh yea?” Buffy asked, cocking an eyebrow and leaning over so their faces were just inches apart, “How much?”

Faith grinned cheekily before latching their lips together and squeezing the flesh under her hand.

“Right,” Willow said after a moment, looking anywhere but at the kissing couple in front of her, “Right, so we should go.”

“Uh huh,” Tara agreed, jumping up and pulling Xander with her, “You too, Xand.”

“I think he’s drooling...” Willow commented as she helped Tara pull the indeed-drooling boy to the exit, “Um, bye guys. See you later?”

There was no response from either girl, who were now lying on the floor, their hands roaming all over each other’s bodies.

“Yea. Cool. Bye,” the redhead finished, scurrying out with Tara and Xander, down the stairs, almost colliding into Joyce on the way, “Whoa. Hi, Mrs. Summers.”

“Where are you lot going in a hurry?” Joyce asked, as she put on her jacket, “And where are the other two?”

“Oh...uh...um...”

“Chem project,” Tara helped out her redheaded friend, “We just remembered it’s due tomorrow and we haven’t even started yet. Buffy and Faith aren’t in our class, so...”

“Very well,” Joyce said, picking up her bag, “I’m just heading down to the museum...I better go up and tell them to look after Dawn.”

“NO!” Willow yelled, making the older woman jump back slightly in alarm, “Sorry, it’s just, uh, I’ll tell them for you. I wouldn’t want the museum waiting on you, you know...”

“Most of the items there have been around hundreds of years, I think they could last an extra five minutes,” Joyce replied, eyeing Willow suspiciously, then sighing slightly, “But thank you. They did say it was an emergency and I could do without Buffy complaining that she doesn’t want to look after Dawn again.”

“Exactly, Mrs. S,” Xander spoke up, recovered from the show he’d gotten upstairs and becoming aware of how bad the situation would be if Joyce walked in what he could only imagine had progressed from when they left. He shook his head to get rid of those images, “Let us deal with angry-Buffy.”

“Mmhhmm,” Joyce said, opening the front door, “I’ll see you all soon.”

Willow slumped against the banister of the stairs as Joyce left, exhaling loudly.

“Jeez, that was close. The sooner everything’s out in the open, the better.”

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Last edited by Laragh on Mon May 28, 2012 5:02 am, edited 14 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Short Fic: Revelations (1/8 - May 15th 2010)
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:05 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
Dibs!

Yay! You're back! I love the beginning of this! You did a great job with Buffy and Faith... though I can't wait for more interaction between Willow and Tara. Hmmm... maybe since you started posting again, I should start posting my new fic that I am writing.... :)

Can't wait for the next update
:pinky

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Glad your back nice start cant wait for more. :pinky

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:18 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

hey, you´re back! and you brought a gift XD thanks a lot o/ great sart ^^

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:58 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

you're back! :pinky
okay, one question..are Willow and Tara lover yet? :blush
it's a good start..and I hope you keep your everyday-update habit for this fic..
and I must say thank you as well to Alex so I can read new fic from you
@ Alex : I do enjoy your fic and get excited for every update :party
so more pleaseee :pray :pray

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:09 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 2
Awesome update!! YAY!!! :party

And you didnt have to give me the credit, I saw the idea in a movie, lol...and I thank you for 'Amazing' comment.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:44 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay! I love your stories and this one seems like it will live up to the others, too.

Can't wait for more....

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:58 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Wow. It's like Pens has suddenly come to life. A lot of stories have been bumped, but I was very pleasantly surprised that you have a new one *does happy dance*. And don't worry, from what I've read so far, you're writing Dawn and B/F just fine. Besides, is this a hellmouthy supernatural story? I know you haven't written any so far, but I couldn't really tell...

Ah, well, I'll just have to wait and see ;-)

It's great to see you back on pens! :kitty

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:04 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Update below!

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:04 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

CHAPTER: 2/8

SUMMARY: What happens when helping a friend leads to learning things that could change your life forever...

“Tara, can you get the door, please?”

“Sure thing, mom,” Tara yelled down the hallway as she ran downstairs to answer the door, the bell incessantly ringing. She smiled when she saw who was on the other side, “Should’ve known it was you, Dawnie. You never were what I’d call patient.”

“Sorry,” Dawn replied, blushing.

“It’s alright. What can I do for you?”

“Um...we have to go to Willow’s and then I’ll tell you.”

“Okay...” Tara replied, slightly confused, “Any particular reason?”

Dawn just gave her a pointed look and Tara put her hands up in defeat.

“Alright, alright, I get it, you’ll tell me at Willow’s,” she said, grabbing her keys from the rack by the door before turning towards the stairs, “Mom, I’m going next door!”

“Alright, honey,” she heard from upstairs, “Have fun.”

Tara walked out of the house and shut the door behind her before she and Dawn walked down the small pathway of her garden before turning into the garden of the house right next door and down their pathway to the door, where Dawn started ringing the bell in the same repetitive tone she’d done at Tara’s house.

Willow and Tara had been friends since they were in diapers, Willow’s parents often leaving their infant child with Tara’s mom when they went away on business. The trend had kept up throughout their childhood and into their early teens until Willow was deemed old enough to stay by herself and then they just used the free house to have sleepovers without any annoying parental interruptions. Buffy and Xander usually came along to those sleepovers and they’d have dedicated ‘movie and pizza’ nights, but occasionally Willow just invited Tara along so they could have some private, friend time. They were each other’s oldest friends after all and even though they barely remembered a time where Buffy and Xander weren’t in their lives, they both felt a special connection.

What was obvious to everyone other than themselves, though, was that ‘special connection’ was due to the fact that they were obviously made for each other. Buffy had noticed it first, back in Junior High, from the way they looked at each other and how they took any opportunity to touch each other, not to mention the palpable chemistry that was in the air whenever they were around. She waited a couple of months to mention her theory to Xander, who, after getting over the initial shock of the idea, noticed the same things Buffy noticed.

Four years later, however, the girls seemed to still be as obliviously unaware and neither Buffy nor Xander wanted to be the ones to tell them, figuring it was something they needed to work out on their own. The only problem they’d had with this theory was in the past few months that Faith had been on the scene. Never one to censor herself or her observations, there’d been a few close calls when the dark-haired girl had been about to say something along the lines of ‘would you two stop making eyes at each other and just bang already’ and Buffy had had to quickly stop her with a well-timed kiss.

“You’re being sneaky,” Tara said, swatting Dawn’s hand away from the doorbell, “Something tells me that brain of yours is concocting a scheme.”

Dawn just got a secretive smile on her face and shrugged as the door opened to reveal a middle-aged woman with greying hair and an open book in one hand.

“Hello Tara,” she said pleasantly before averting her gaze to Dawn, “And the other Summers girl, isn’t it? Debra? Denise?”

“Dawn,” the youngest girl replied tersely, “It’s Dawn. Hello, Mrs. Rosenberg.”

“Uh huh,” Sheila replied absently, focusing her attention back on the page she was reading, “Willow’s in her bedroom, you know where that is, Tara dear?”

Tara prided herself on the fact that she was the only one of Willow’s friends who ever got called by the correct name and nodded at the woman as she pulled Dawn into the house and up the stairs.

“You know, I’ve never seen Willow’s room before...” Dawn said as they stopped outside a door at the end of the upstairs hallway of the Rosenberg residence. She laughed at the poster of Albert Einstein that was tacked to it, “So Willow.”

“Wait ‘til you see the inside,” Tara muttered before knocking on the door and poking her head inside to see Willow sitting on her bed, an assortment of books and different coloured pens surrounding her, “Hey Will.”

Willow looked up and her face broke out in a wide grin at seeing her friend. She gestured her forwards.

“I was just going over my algebra notes. Come in, come in.”

“Dawn’s here too,” Tara replied, opening the door fully to reveal the two of them and walking in the room, “And she’s being devious.”

Dawn closed the door behind her and suppressed a giggle as she took in the contents of Willow’s bedroom, the walls filled with more posters saying things like 'Warning, I Do My Own Science', with a mini-chemistry set displayed directly underneath it and a desk with two laptops displayed side by side with what Dawn could only figure was at least a hundred wires between them. She finished her inspection of the room and turned to the other two, both now sitting on the bed, wanting to get on with her task.

“I am not being devious,” she said in response to Tara’s earlier claim, “I simply wanted you guys together so I didn’t have to tell you my brilliant idea twice.”

“Uh huh?” Willow asked, cocking her eyebrow, “And what brilliant idea would that be?”

Dawn grabbed the chair from behind Willow’s desk and positioned it in front of the two girls, sitting down and fidgeting slightly. She knew she’d have to word her idea perfectly, so that neither Willow nor Tara would suspect any ulterior motives on her part, that they’d accept what she was about to propose at face value. She also knew that if she pulled this off, she might finally get the respect she deserved from Buffy.

She still thinks I'm little miss nobody, just her dumb little sister. Boy, is she in for a surprise.

Her train of thought made her subconsciously get a sly smile on her face, causing the other two girls to look between each other worriedly. Willow waved her hand in front of Dawn’s face.

“Hello...anyone in there? Hey, Dawn? You didn’t happen to do a bunch of drugs, did ya?”

“Hmm?” Dawn asked, shaking herself out of her reverie, “No! Of course not. I wouldn’t know where to get drugs, even if I wanted them.”

Willow and Tara exchanged relieved looks and Dawn clapped her hands together.

“Okay, so I was thinking about this whole thing that we talked about last night...you know, with Buffy and Faith?...And the way I figure, the sooner she’s able to tell mom, the better. I mean, not that I don’t love having something over her, but I really don’t wanna have to hear...noises anymore...Plus, you know, when she finds out I helped her with this whole thing, I’m pretty sure I can secure those black leather pants she owns into my possession.”

“Not if Faith has anything to do with it,” Willow muttered under her breath.

“Um...okay...” Tara started, happy that Dawn wanted to help her sister, even if it seemed to be for all the wrong reasons, “What is it you need us for?”

Dawn leaned closer and cleared her throat, looking between the two

“I need you two to pretend you’re dating. See, if you guys come out to mom, and she’s cool with it, then Buffy will know she’ll be able to tell her about Faith. Then everything will be out in the open. Everything.”

Dawn worried she’d oversold her idea by repeating the word ‘everything’. She knew what she wanted to be revealed by her little plan but she knew Willow and Tara didn’t yet and it was very important that they didn’t find out until they were ready. At least that’s what she had heard Buffy say to Faith and Xander on the situation a few weeks ago when she was eavesdropping on their conversation, which is how she’d come into the knowledge about the latent feelings the two in front of her had for each other. Unlike the others, however, she figured she could do something to help them along.

“You want us...to pretend to be a couple?” Willow asked, the idea settling in her mind. She had to admit, it could work out pretty well for Buffy. And there was something else there too, something telling her that this would just be a good idea, “And come out to Joyce?”

“That’s pretty much the gist of it,” Dawn nodded, hoping that they’d go for the idea.

“I don’t know how I feel about lying to Mrs. Summers...” Tara said, biting her lip in contemplation.

Dawn resisted the urge to roll her eyes and tell them it shouldn’t have to be a lie.

I mean, jeez, I only found out about this whole thing a couple of weeks ago and even I can see they’re perfect for each other. I don’t know how Buffy and especially Xander have kept quiet for long. I just wanna knock their heads together. Huh, and I’m supposed to be the kid. Puh-lease.

“Well, see, it’s no different than you not telling mom about Buffy and Faith now. A lie of omission is still a lie,” she said in her best stern voice, “Plus it’ll only be for a little while. So whaddya say?”

Willow glanced at Tara who shrugged her shoulders and gave the redhead a consenting look. They were helping out their friends after all, how could they say no? She turned back to Dawn and nodded.

“We’re in.”

Last edited by Laragh on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:17 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

my heart beats faster..and I'm craving for more updates..
I know I just have to wait for next day..but that's just too long..this fic is great :pinky :pinky
more..more..more :kdevil

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:47 am 
4. Extra Flamey

And the plot thickens.... I love this concept! How can they not see their feelings for each other when they are forced to "pretend?"

love it! Can't wait for more!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:41 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

LOL!!!!!!!!!! DUDE!!!!!!!!!! Im laughing my ass off with this story!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! LOL!!! OKay, maybe Im still a bit drunk and thats why I cant stop laughing but I assure you that you ROCK, DUDE!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:10 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I love where your going with this I cant wait for them to get started with the smooches lol

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:38 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hihi...
Sly little Dawnie... I have to say, apart from all the plans she's made to mock her sister, I didn't think she'd be capable of something like this. And honestly, at first I thought Will and Tara would object, but then again that couldn't really last for long ;-)

This is so cool! Keep going! :kitty

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:15 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
This is an awesome concept! Dawnie is a genius. Bring on teh smoochies!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:32 am 
3. Flaming O

ooOOoo! I love this idea! Only just read it but i need more already! Lol! :wtkiss = 4EVER

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:46 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Update below!

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:47 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

CHAPTER: 3/8

SUMMARY: What happens when helping a friend leads to learning things that could change your life forever...

“And you’re telling me that Dawn thought this up?” Buffy asked incredulously, “We’re talking about the same girl here? Brown hair? Stupidly tall? Always wearing my clothes?”

Willow had called the gang for a meeting at the Espresso Pump after Dawn had left her house, proclaiming she had to meet friends at the mall and they had just finished informing the others of the proposal she had suggested.

“I’m pretty sure we know who your sister is after all these years, Buff,” Willow replied, rolling her eyes, “And yea, she thought it up and came to ask us and we think it’s a good idea. You know, if you do.”

“I like it,” Faith said, rubbing one of Buffy’s shoulders, “Little D’s plan is pretty damn good.”

“Yea...it is,” Buffy said, mulling over everything, “What bothers me is why she’s oh-so-willing to help me out all of a sudden when she as good as blackmailed me yesterday.”

“Because she’s your sister and she loves you,” Tara said, hoping that would placate the girl. It, of course, didn’t and Tara sighed in resignation, “And she may also want your leather pants.”

“Those skimpy ones that hug your ass all tight?” Faith asked, shaking her head, “Nuh uh, no way is baby sis getting her hands on those.”

“Knew there was something,” Buffy muttered, “I don’t know why she can’t just buy her own damn clothes!”

“Um, I have a suggestion?” Xander spoke up and the four girls, kind of having forgotten he was there, turned to look at him, “Dawn already put the idea out there...so can you guys not just do it and then...not give her the pants?”

Faith chuckled and hit the boy on the back affectionately.

“You got some smarts in there, after all, Xan-man. If D was stupid enough to give what she had to offer without asking for something first then I say we take it. Let red and blondie here pretend to be doing the deed for Mrs. S and then she’ll have no choice but to accept the fact that I’m getting in her daughter’s pants.”

“I, um, I wouldn’t word it like that,” Tara said, blushing, “At least not in front of Mrs. Summers.”

“And you two are cool with this?” Buffy asked, glancing between the two.

“Living their dream,” Faith muttered, earning an elbow to the gut from her girlfriend, “I mean, yea, you guys’d be doing us a solid, you know?”

“Anything to help our friends,” Willow said cheerily and Tara smiled her agreement, “Hey, Tare, we need to figure out a back story! So like if Joyce asks us questions we won’t blow our cover. Come on, I made up a really cool new program on my laptop that we can write everything out in and it’ll search for any contradictions. I use it to help with English essays and stuff. Oh! How about I asked you to the Winter Dance and...”

Buffy, Faith and Xander watched as Willow dragged Tara out of the cafe and down towards her house, still babbling on about their back story.

“Huh, surprise, surprise,” Faith chuckled, “Red is getting excited over the whole idea of her and T dating.”

“What if this isn’t such a good idea?” Xander asked, “Willow and Tara pretending to be together? What if it brings up a lot of...bad things? What if we’re wrong about them liking each other? What if they’re really just best friends and we’re reading too much into it?”

“They’ve been hot for each other for years,” Buffy said, rolling her eyes, “Why do you think neither of them has ever dated anyone else? Not to mention the looks and the touches. They’re both just too damn naive to notice. Any anyway, even if by some freak of nature, I’m wrong – and trust me, I’m not. Math and science might not be my cup of tea, but feelings, I know. But if, if I’m wrong, then what does it matter? They’re just doing as a favour and everything will go back to normal anyway.”

“Alright,” Xander replied, “But I want it noted if this all blows up that I was against the idea.”

“Duly noted.”

“Wow,” Faith said after a moment, letting out a low, lengthy whistle, “Little D really did not know how much baggage she was bringing up by suggesting this.”

“And after the data is entered, then I just press enter and...see, now we can’t say I got you a ‘world’s best girlfriend’ card for your birthday if our first date wasn’t until the Winter Dance, ‘cause then we would’ve been together two months before an actual date came about and that’s not really realistic, unless we say that the dance was just our first public date, then it could-”

“You’re really enjoying this, aren’t you?” Tara cut off her friend, smiling.

The redhead hadn’t shut up the entire walk back to her house or for the hour and a half they’d been sitting in front of her laptop, Willow’s fingers typing the keys furiously as she planned out the story of how they got together. It was funny, when they’d first agreed to the idea, she’d been willing purely to help out her friends but as things progressed, she could feel something...but she wasn’t quite sure what that something was. It was like her brain was trying to push something to the forefront of her mind, but it just wasn’t succeeding.

“Hell yea,” Willow grinned, snapping the brunette from her reverie, “This is better than writing fanfiction.”

Tara snorted and looked over the many lines of text on the screen of Willow’s laptop, all highlighted in different colours to distinguish one line from another.

“Will, I really don’t think Joyce is gonna grill us on all this stuff. And I know you’ve got the memory of a 320gb hard-drive...”

Willow giggled at her generally technologically-challenged friend’s version of a computer joke.

“But if I try to remember all these dates and situations...you know, that didn’t really happen...”

Willow felt an odd sense of dejection at Tara’s mention of how things hadn’t really happened. She shrugged that thought away, figuring it was probably just because she got over-eager about the whole thing to begin with.

“I’ll probably slip-up and say something stupid. So how about we just keep it simple? This whole thing is complicated enough.”

“Yea, you’re right,” Willow sighed, “Sorry. I just got excited.”

“It’s a very cool program,” Tara smiled warmly, “You’re a genius to be able to make these kind of things up, you know that?”

Willow smiled bashfully.

“It’s not that hard, really. And I could never paint the way you do. That’s real genius. Anybody could learn this stuff given enough time, but what you have, that’s just natural. The most artistic thing I ever did was mix the wrong two chemicals together to get that stain over there on the carpet.”

Tara glanced over at the stain, which she had noticed before but never thought to ask about and smiled.

“It’s beautiful. You could get thousands for it if you put it up for auction.”

“Oh ha, ha,” Willow laughed, rolling her eyes, “I’m gonna give Buffy a call. I kinda just ran out of the Pump.”

“Yea and dragged me with you,” Tara chuckled, “Can I check my email?”

“‘Course. You know how to log onto the internet, don’t you?”

Tara playfully hit her friend on the arm and scooted over so she was sitting directly in front of the laptop.

“I’m not that bad.”

Willow held her arm and pretended to her hurt before pushing off her chair with a grin and retrieving her cell from the nightstand beside her bed. Tara heard numbers being dialled and the redhead begin to speak as she logged into her email. She deleted the spam and marked a few forwarded jokes to read later before closing down the browser, accidentally minimising the other open programs in the process. She smiled when she saw the redhead’s screen saver, a photo of the two of them when they were kids, the summer before they started Kindergarten, playing in a sandbox and smiling at the camera, both their lips bright red from the popsicles they’d just consumed. Tara had the same photo in a frame by her bed.

“Those were the days, huh?”

Tara felt a hand rest on her shoulder and nodded.

“They were indeed. You get through to Buffy?”

“Yep. She’s at home. She and Dawn had a big blow-out over this whole pants thing,” Willow sighed, “Like, really, so much drama over a pair of pants? I’ll buy her the damn pants.”

“I think it’s more to do with the fact that they’re Buffy’s...she’d never admit it, but Dawn looks up to Buffy so much, she does whatever she can to be just like her.”

“I guess...you know, I’ve never really thought about it like that. But now that you say it...Look, anyway, Buffy’s worried Dawn’s gonna squeal about her and Faith so she was wondering if we could, you know...start proceedings sooner rather than later.”

“Oh, cool,” Tara nodded, “So like...”

“Now?”

“Oh. Uh, cool,” Tara repeated, “Right. I still feel weird about lying.”

“Hey,” Willow replied, taking the seat next to the brunette, “If it’s really bothering you that much, we don’t have to do it. Buffy’ll figure it out.”

“I said I’d do it,” Tara said, trying to convince herself more than anything, “And it’s only for a bit, right? I mean it’s not like we’ll be lying forever?”

“God, no. I promise, soon as this is over, there’ll be no more lying. To anyone.”

What neither girl knew yet was that Willow was completely right. There would be no more lying. Least of all, to themselves.

Post subject: Re: New Short Fic: Revelations (3/8 - May 17th 2010)
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:34 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

ha, great update ^^ more please?

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:11 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

KEEP 'EM COMIN'!! KEEP 'EM COMIN'!! KEEP 'EM COMIN'!! LOL!! I know read this before but I LOVE IT!!!!!!! LOL

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:23 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I am so loving this more more more!! :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:28 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Totally loved this update! Willow getting all excited and planning their fictional (thus far that is ;-) ) relationship was just too cute.
I can imagine it would get pretty weird though. You know like, in public, they'd be a couple and get to smooch and stuff, but in private, there'd be akwardness cause they would 'just' be friends (if you know what I mean). But, as I stated earlier, that wouldn't last for long either. Willow and Tara are just... two poles of a magnet, they're bound to 'get it' one way or another.

I think you're right about Dawn, she really loves W/T, so I guess she would, do something like that, especially when it's blatantly obvious to everyone except themselves. The screensaver image was so adorable! I always have to smile when I think about little Willow and Tara, they're just too cute for words...

Anyway I'm happy with the daily updates!
:kitty

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:06 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh , Wow!!! What an awesome update!!!!

I love the way you've captured the essence of W/T's friendship and got some if their background story in there too...

Glad we're not going to have to wait to see the girls "acting" our their relationship.... I hope they're able to see how they ate just meant for each other.... sign :wtkiss

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:47 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Update below!

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:47 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

CHAPTER: 4/8

“Okay, so just follow my lead, okay? You were right what you said earlier, the simpler we make it the better. Plus, you always get a little tongue-tied around parents anyway so it won’t be suspicious if you’re quiet,” Willow said as she and Tara walked the few blocks from her house to the Summers residence, noticing the brunette dropped her head down in embarrassment at her words, “Hey, it’s not a bad thing. So you’re a little shy, I think it’s cute.”

Tara raised an eyebrow at the redhead but seemed pleased at the admission and straightened up as they stopped outside Buffy’s house.

“Here we are,” she whispered quietly.

“Come on,” Willow replied, walking towards the front door, “Sooner it’s over with the sooner you can stop stressing.”

Tara let out a low laugh and smiled at Joyce as she opened the door. Joyce, used to her daughter’s friends coming and going from her house at all hours stepped aside and nodded towards the stairs.

“Buffy’s up there. But I heard two sets of lungs screaming at each other about ten minutes ago so you might walk in on a fight, just so you’re warned.”

“Nothing we’re not used to. We just came over to borrow a book,” Willow lied, before rubbing her thumb along a petal of a rose that was part of a bunch displayed in a vase by the door, “These are pretty.”

“Oh thank you,” Joyce said, smiling wistfully at the flowers, “Of course, they were supposed to lessen the blow of the ‘I don’t think we should see each other anymore’ card that accompanied it. Dating is a hard game at my age.”

“Um, speaking of dating...” Willow replied, seeing an opening, “Could we talk to you in the kitchen for a second?”

Joyce nodded and walked down the hallway to the kitchen, gesturing for the girls to sit on the stools in front of the island.

“Well, of course. You two aren’t in trouble are you?”

“No, no, nothing like that,” Willow was quick to reassure.

“Good. Well then, speak away. You know I’m always here to listen.”

“We know. Which is why we thought we would come to you first...” Willow paused momentarily and looked to Tara to make she was still okay with it. When she got a confidant smile in response she took the plunge and linked her fingers with the brunette’s, resting their conjoined hands on top of the island, “So, you’ve known me and Tara forever practically. You know, like we pretty much consider you our Aunt Joyce.”

“Definitely,” Tara added, feeling slightly dazed since Willow had grabbed her hand, but unsure why, “You’re, ah...like a, um...”

“Part of our ‘choose your own’ family thing we got going on,” Willow finished, looking at her friend strangely, “So we just wanted to throw it out there, you know, just to tell you...me and Tara are together. You know, together-together. More than friends. Girlfriends. Lovers. Lesbian, gay-type lovers who-”

“Yes, Willow, I understand,” Joyce cut the redhead off before she went into any more detail and smiled at the two girls in front of her, “You’re happy?”

Willow nodded and Tara forced a smile, her head still spinning as that thing her head was trying to tell her earlier started to push itself front and centre of her mind. They were interrupted as a loud beeping came from the redhead’s pocket. She pulled out her cell and jumped up excitedly when she read the message.

“There’s a package at my house, it must be my new LED display! I’ve been waiting weeks for this; you can program it to say whatever you want in cool, neon-y flashing lights! I gotta go, but, um, thanks, Joyce for being so cool!”

“No problem, Willow, enjoy your new toy.”

“Oh I will.”

Willow gushed out her words and went to leave before seeing Joyce looking at her expectantly. Realising what the older woman was expecting, and overwhelmed from her excitement over her new gadget arriving to think of any kind of censorship, she leaned over and kissed Tara squarely on the mouth.

All at once, the brunette’s mind finally gave way and the thoughts that had been sitting on the sidelines made themselves very clear. She liked this. She wanted this. She wanted Willow.

Willow, uncharacteristically unaware of what had been going on in her own mind, felt an electric jolt go through her body as soon as their lips touched and almost jumped back at the shock. A stronger feeling, she wasn’t sure quite what it was yet, made her stay kissing her friend for another second or so before pulling back.

“I, um...I gotta go,” she said, turning around and rushing out, almost colliding into Buffy on her way.

“Hey, I thought I heard your voic...okay, bye, Willow!” Buffy yelled as the redhead scarpered as quickly as she could, “Jeez, is she training for track or something?”

“One of her computer contraptions came in,” Joyce responded, smiling at her daughter as she sat down on Willow’s recently-vacated seat, “She and Tara were just telling me about their good news.”

Buffy’s looked towards Tara, who managed a weak smile, her head still reeling.

“Oh yea,” Buffy said, clearing her throat, “And, uh, what...what have you got to say about that, mom?”

“I’m happy for them. And I’m happy for you, too.”

Buffy’s head shot up and she looked at her mother, dumbfounded.

“Oh what?” Joyce laughed, “You think I didn’t know? I’m not completely blind, Buffy. And it would be nice if perhaps Faith could come over for dinner someday. One that doesn’t involve pizza boxes and soda cans.”

“I’ll just, um, get that book Willow wanted.”

Tara got up and left the kitchen before the other two had much of a chance to respond. She ran up a few of the stairs for appearances sake, knowing Willow didn’t really want to borrow a book, before going back down once she felt enough time had passed. She went to the front door and opened it, going to leave. Just before she shut it behind her she saw Joyce and Buffy, still in the kitchen and oblivious to the fact that she was watching, embrace warmly, Buffy laughing and looking the most relieved Tara had ever seen her. She smiled at their interaction, thankful Buffy had gotten what she’d needed out of their little charade. The only problem was, she’d gotten a hell of a lot more out of it than she’d ever expected.

“Hey baby girl. You’ve been coming and going all day today, busy?”

“Yea,” Tara nodded at her mother, dropping her keys on the rack, barely remembering having walked back from Buffy’s, her mind in a complete daze, “Busy.”

“Hey, what’s wrong, sweetheart?”

Julia Maclay saw the lost, almost desperate look in her daughter’s eyes, a look she’d never seen in her before and put a hand on her arm comfortingly. Tara bit her lip and looked like she was about to burst into tears, so Julia wrapped her arm fully around the younger girl’s shoulder and guided her into the living room, sitting them both down on the sofa.

“Have you ever felt like your entire world’s been turned on its head?” Tara spoke up after a few minutes, “Like you thought you knew yourself and your life, but you just don’t?”

“Hey now, what’s brought this all on?”

Tara brought her thumb up to her mouth and started biting on the skin around it, before sighing.

“So you know Buffy was struggling to tell Mrs. Summers about Faith, right?”

Julia nodded, she and Tara had always been close and her daughter had always come to her with problems, so she was almost always well-versed in the goings on of both her and her friends.

“So anyway, Dawn found out and there was all this drama, but long story short, me and Willow agreed to pretend to be dating to kind of...”

“Scope out Joyce to see how she felt about the whole issue?” Julia guessed.

“Exactly. And she’s perfectly fine with it, as it turns out so Buffy really worried for nothing.”

Julia pulled Tara more into her embrace and placed a kiss on her temple.

“Something tells me there’s a major part of that story missing.”

“As soon as...” Tara stopped and sighed, trying to collect all her thoughts and voice them in the right way, “When Dawn suggested we pretend to be dating, I felt funny about it, and I thought it was because we’d be lying to Mrs. Summers. But there was something nagging at me, saying that wasn’t it, there was something, I dunno, more to the whole thing. But it all really happened so fast that I didn’t really get time to register what I was feeling or what was happening. Until she kissed me. You know, just a quick peck ‘cause Mrs. Summers was watching and we were supposed to be dating and all. But it was like...a revelation or something. I mean, I don’t know how I could’ve not seen it before, but...”

Julia stayed quiet, sensing what was coming but knowing Tara needed to say it out loud.

“I have non-friendship type feelings for Willow. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’m in love with her.”

Post subject: Re: New Short Fic: Revelations (4/8 - May 18th 2010)
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:09 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 8
Great update. So glad Tara finally admits her true feelings towards Willow. Now we just need to wait for Willow to realize her's. Please continue, can't wait for more.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:14 am 
3. Flaming O

I love the chapter and the story..

The only bad thing it was short chapter..

I love the way Joyce accepted W/T relationship even if it's not true yet.

Man I cannot wait for the next Chapter.
So sad I have to wait until tomorrow. :happy

Until tomorrow. :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

:party :party :kgeek :party :party

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:04 am 
3. Flaming O

WOOOOO!!!! i love this chapter! yey for tara for figuring it out so soon! :wtkiss oh and it's not nice to leave it on a cliff hanger especially when there are kittens hungry for more! ;-) :peace

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:09 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay :wtkiss !!!

Quote:
The only problem was, she’d gotten a hell of a lot more out of it than she’d ever expected.

Ha! Well Tara figured it out finally, and Willow being the brain she is, wouldn't need long to understand her feelings too... :party
More more more!
:kitty