The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What was I thinking (new short fic)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:53 pm 
3. Flaming O

Title - What was I thinking
Author name – eday69
Rating - PG-13
Disclaimer - Willow and Tara belong to Joss Whedon. Events inspired by the Dierks Bently song What was I thinking. Basically nothing is mine. Totally AU.
Paring: W/T
Feedback - Sure.
Summary - W/T tell their daughters a story.
Notes - So this is my first post / first fic ever! I have been a lurker going on 3 years now. Decided to register, and post my first, it's kinda scary.

WHAT WAS I THINKING

“Sarah, Jessica! Come down here for a minute.” A tall gorgeous blond around 38 yelled at the base of the stairs. The blond walked into the kitchen and smiled at her beautiful redheaded wife, who stood at the kitchen counter, thumbing through a catalog. The redhead looked up when she felt her wife watching her.
“Are they coming?” She asked, but never received an answer as two girls about 17 came running around the corner into the kitchen.
“What’s up?” One of the girls asked, who was the spitting image of the older blond.
“We need to have a little family talk.” The blond said as she moved toward her wife and interlaced her fingers with the redheads. “Sit down.”
“Ugh!” Both girls said as they sat down at the kitchen bar. Both of the older women rolled their eyes.
“Have we ever told you how we met?” The blond continued to say. Both girls looked quizzically at each other.
“No.” The younger redhead said as she shook her head. Both girls leaned forward now interested in what their parents had to say.
“Well as you know we met in high school. I remember the first time I saw your mom. She walked into my chemistry class, fiery red hair flying back from her face as she made a b-line toward the back of the class and slumped in her chair and propped her feet up on the desk next to her. I can even remember what she was wearing, tight black leather pants and a tight white tank top, let me tell you it left little to the imagination.” Tara smiled at her wife, who smiled and blushed. The two girls continued to look at the love struck women in front of them.
“Yeah yeah we get it, mom was hot.” The younger blond said.
“Not was hot, Sarah, still is hot.” Tara said as she winked at her wife. “Anyway, I decided right then and there I wanted to know this amazing girl. After school I set out to find her. It didn’t take me long, I found Willow and Aunt Faith in the alley between the gym and the school hanging out. I was so nervous, I had never made the first move on anyone, I was so shy back then, plus I had just moved there and didn’t know anyone.” Willow reached for her wife's hand and gave it a little squeeze. Tara smiled back at her. “So there I was about to talk to the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen…

<*Flashback*>

“So we just hang out here, Darrin will be here to bring us the …thing.” Faith looked over Willow’s shoulder to see a blond girl walking toward them. Her eyes narrowed as the other girl approached. Willow turned to see why Faith had stopped talking. Her eyes falling on an angel. It was as if time had stopped, the blond’s hair blew lightly around her face in the wind, her clear blue eyes seemed to peer into Willow’s soul.
“Willow right?” The angel spoke. Willow almost lost function of her legs when she heard the goddess speak her name. Her voice was soft and seemed to surround her soul with a wonderful warmth.
“Yeah this is Willow, whadda want blondie?” Faith stepped in when it was clear Willow couldn’t.
“Yeah me Willow.” Oh my god, cave man much, Willow chastised herself.
“I was wondering if I could borrow you chem notes?” The nervous blond said and looked down at the books she was holding, her fingers playing with the edges.
“Chem notes, yeah.” Willow finally spoke. “Um, well maybe not so much with the notes, I don’t take them, but I can help if you need help with chem., cuz I’m pretty good at it and all.” Willow blushed at her inability to form a coherent sentence.
“That would be great, I’m Tara by the way.” The blond stuck out her hand. Willow took the offered hand and marveled at the softness of the other girls hand.
“Willow, but you already knew that. And that’s Faith.” Willow nodded her head toward Faith who gave a nod to Tara. “We’re just waiting here for…” Faith elbowed Willow in the ribs. “um….someone. You can call me later, we can set up a study date, um…I mean study time.” Willow quickly pulled out a pen from her back pocket and grabbed Tara’s hand before she could babble her way out of studying with the amazing blond. She quickly wrote her number on Tara’s palm.
“I’ll call you later.” Tara smiled flirtatiously at the redhead. “It was nice meeting you Faith.” Tara said before turning and walking away. Willow felt like she couldn’t breathe, her palms were all sweaty and her face felt flushed at the way Tara had smiled at her.
“She’s fucking hot!” Faith exclaimed behind Willow. Willow turned and gave a disapproving look at Faith.
“You keep your hands to yourself, she’s sweet.”
“Hey I’m sweet too.” Faith pouted.
“Yeah sweet in a if-you-look-at-me-the-wrong-way-I’ll-stuff-my-fist-down-your-throat kind of way.” Willow smirked.
“Shut up.” The two leaned up against the building waiting for Darrin.

<*End Flashback*>

“So after a while I gave Willow a call.” Tara continued on.
“Wait, wait, wait.” The younger redhead said. “Why were you and Aunt Faith waiting outside the gym.”
“Nothing can get past you can it Jess?” Willow said as she contemplated if it was such a good idea to tell her daughters of her reckless youth.
“Go on honey it’s ok, I think they need to know.” Tara said as she reassured her wife everything would be fine.
“Faith and I were breaking into the school to try and steal some stuff and sell it on eBay.” Willow said quickly, hoping everyone would forget about it and move on. The two girls sat mouths open staring at their mom.
“Oh my god, I can’t believe you did that, and eBay, that is so old.” Sarah said.
“Well we didn’t actually do it, who knew that little old school had an alarm.”
“I still can’t believe you didn’t check into that first honey.” Tara said rubbing Willow’s back.
“So you were like a cool rebel in high school mom?” Jessica said in disbelief.
“Yes, I was cool, is that so hard to believe?”
“Well yeah, you are like a total nerd now. I can’t even imagine you in leather, much less breaking into a school.” Jessica started to laugh.
“Oh, I have pictures.” Tara remembered as she stood up and made her way to their room.
“Tara you said you would never show those to anyone.” Willow said as she followed her wife. “Babe, are you sure we have to show these to the kids?” Questioned Willow to Tara’s back as she rummaged through a box in the closet.
“I know it’s embarrassing, but we are trying to make a point, and I think these will help.” Tara said as she turned and held up a few small pictures. Willow pouted.
“Why are you so smart?” She grumbled as she entwined her fingers with her lovers.
“Here we go pictures of a young Willow.” Tara said as she handed the photo over to her girls. They immediately erupted in a fit of laughter. The photo was taken on the front of Willow’s porch, she was wearing her black leather pants, leather jacket over a black bra and no shirt. Willow had her arms crossed and a bandanna in her hair, she was also sporting a very annoyed look at the camera woman.
“Oh my god mom, butch much?” Sarah teased her mother. Willow sat and slumped in the chair, sporting the same annoyed look as the photo.
“She was so mad at me for taking that picture.”
“Yeah, it interrupted my smooche time.” Willow pouted and made a quick grab of the photo which she safely tucked under her arm. “Darling, shouldn’t you continue the story?”
“Yes Dear.” Tara smirked at her love. “So Willow and I started seeing each other quite a bit after that, and Jess, you were right when you said your mom is a nerd, she was back then too, no matter how much she tried to impress me, she will always be my nerd.” Willow had finished her pouting and looked lovingly into her wife’s eyes. “So we hung out, um, studying quite a bit.”
“Yeah studing a.k.a making out.” Both Tara and Willow flushed at the memories of their youth. Tara cleared her throat.
“ah, so anyway. You know how I told you about how, after my mother died, your grandfather wasn’t the same?” Both girls nodded at their mom. She had often told them of her father, after her mother died. He was angry at the world for taking his love, and often would explode in rage then go into deep depressions after. “Well he had heard that Willow and I were seeing each other, and word around town was Willow and Faith were bad seeds. Oh honey do you remember that truck you had?” She looked at Willow with a spark in her eye. They had spent many passionate love making sessions in that truck.
“Yeah I had this 1999 Ford F-350. I won it off a guy in a pool game. It was sweet, had a lift kit and these flood lights on the front. Man I loved that truck.” Both young girls were past the point of shock, it seemed like her parents had lived secret lives all these years.
“It was the biggest thing I had ever seen. Your grandfather and I had just gotten into an argument about Willow. He forbid me to see her ever again and I said some not nice things too…

<*Flashback*>

“I forbid you to ever see that trash ever again.”
“She’s not trash, I love her. I’m 18 now you can’t run my life.”
”As long as you live here you will abide by my rules.” Tara heard Willows truck coming up the road.
“I hate you!” Tara said as she broke into a run down the hall and out the door. She ran toward Willow’s truck. Willow slowed down when she saw Tara running toward her. Tara quickly opened the door and jumped in.
“Drive!” She yelled and Willow hit the gas. She looked in her rear-view mirror and saw an angry Mr. Maclay chasing after the truck waving his hands.
“What was that about?” Willow asked as she grabbed her girl and pulled her to the middle of the truck.
“Oh Dad’s just being a jerk, said I couldn’t see you anymore. I told him I was 18 and can do whatever I want, then I ran.” Tara smiled up at her lover. Willow melted into her loves gaze, she realized she would do anything for Tara. She tightened her grip around Tara’s shoulder, and kept driving out into the country. After 10 minutes Willow looked in the rear-view mirror.
“Oh Crap.”
“What?” Tara said looking back.
“The Po.” Willow replied. “Hold on.” Tara checked her seatbelt and gave Willow a smoldering look. Willow almost came in her pants. She quickly jerked the steering wheel, causing the truck to head straight for a corn field. Willow quickly kicked it into 4 wheel drive and turned off the trucks lights. She could hear the sounds of corn whacking against her car as she tore through the corn field.
“Faster Will!” Tara screamed with a mix of excitement and terror, as she clutched the dashboard. Soon the sound of the corn ended, Willow flipped on the lights just as they screeched back onto a road. Willow turned the wheel hard to keep them on the road, and speed off again down the road. After a few minutes they came to a road side park, where Willow pulled off. “I think we lost them.”
“Yeah.” Tara was still hyped up on adrenaline and found her voice shaky.
“So I guess your dad called the cops.”
“Yeah.” Tara smiled at Willow and both fell into a fit of laughter. “Oh I love this song.” Willow said as she turned up the radio. “Dance with me?” Willow asked as she held her hand out for Tara.
“Of course.” Tara smiled and stepped out of the truck. They made their way around to the front of the truck and lightly embraced one another, their silhouettes outlined by the truck head lights. Deana Carter’s voice spilling out of the speakers surrounded the two girls and their love. Each girl held the other, and slowly swayed to the music. Tara ran her hand through Willow’s hair as she gazed into green eyes. “I am so in love with you Willow.” Tara confessed. Willow felt like her heart was going to explode with the love she felt for the woman in front of her.
“Oh god, I love you too.” Willow said as she felt hot tears run down her face. Tara, now crying herself, pulled Willows head toward hers and deeply kissed Willow. Her tongue mapping out Willow’s hot mouth. The kiss ended and Tara pulled back to see Willow with a huge grin plastered across her face. “Come on, I want to celebrate.” Willow grabbed Tara’s hand and pulled her toward the truck. “I know this great bar that will serve underage people.” Willow smiled at the love of her life.

They made there way to the Blue Moon. Willow parked the car and looked at Tara.
“You ready?”
“For you? Always.” Tara smirked at a speechless Willow. Willow’s mouth suddenly dry, she wanted nothing more than to make love with that woman. They made their way into the bar, downed two shots of tequila and walked onto the dance floor. They were so lost in each others eyes, they didn’t see a man approach them until he grabbed Willow’s shoulder.
“Can I cut in Red?” He asked never taking his eyes off Tara. He was a huge man with tattoos all along his thigh sized arms. Willow knew she had no chance at taking him on. She maneuvered Tara around behind her.
“No I think we’re good here.” Willow replied as she eyed her escape route.
“I wasn’t really asking little girl.” Willow quickly reached down and brandished a knife from her ankle strap. Tattoo man’s eyes went wide as Willow stuck the knife in his face.
“Look just let us leave and no one has to get hurt.” The man narrowed his eyes at Willow, as Willow grabbed Tara’s hand and made a run for the exit. They both ran toward her truck, and Willow attempted to slide across the hood. Unfortunately Willow was short and the truck was high and she ended up bouncing off the bumper of the truck. She made it around the truck as they again made a hasty exit from the Blue Moon. After driving for a bit, Tara broke the silence.
“Sweetie?”
“Yeah.” Willow cooed.
“How’s your butt?” Tara couldn’t contain her giggles, picturing Willow bouncing off the truck with her ass.
“Hey!! I was trying to be all cool and impress you and all you do is laugh at me.”
“Honey, you don’t have to impress me. You are amazing always. Seriously you could have really been hurt back there.”
“Well I wasn’t about to let that guy put his paws all over my girl.” Willow looked at Tara like it was the most natural thing in the world. Which to Willow it was.
“I am your girl.” Tara confirmed. She decided to let it go, she probably would have acted the same way if the roles were reversed.
“I would do anything for you Tara, I love you so much.”
“I know, Will, I love you too.”
“So it’s a little past two, do you want to go home?”
“Not really, but I guess I should.” The two girls pulled into the driveway, seeing Mr. Maclay sitting in a lawn chair in front of the garage. Willow put the car in park, as Mr. Maclay started walking toward them.
“Did you mean what you said?” Tara asked suddenly looking anxiously at Willow.
“What?”
“When you said you would do anything for me?”
“Of course baby, you know that.” Tara gave Willow a sexy smile and Willow knew what Tara wanted. She threw the truck into drive and peeled out down the other side of the driveway.

<*End Flashback*>

“Ok now I know you guys are making this up.” Jessica said as she looked disbelieving at her parents.
“Why would we make something like that up?” Tara asked.
“I don’t know, but you expect us to believe that mom ran from the cops, through a corn field and pulled a knife on some dude in a bar.”
“Look, I am really not proud of some of the stuff I did. I was so young, I didn’t think about things. I was so reckless, I am really lucky to be standing here with a beautiful wife and two gorgeous daughters.”
“Oh Will.” Tara moaned latched onto her lover for a passionate kiss.
“Excuse me, but did you tell us this story for a reason or are you guys just really bored.” Sarah spoke up.
“Yes, smarty pants.” Willow said as she tore her eyes away from Tara. “Your mom and I did a lot of stupid things when we were young. We were lucky we came out with only a few minor cuts and bruises. It could have easily been worse. We never thought about the what if’s, it was always the right now’s. We weren’t being responsible, weren’t thinking. It’s great to hang out with friends and have fun, but just don’t be irresponsible.”
“Ok we get it, you guys were little hooligans, we’re not like that.” Jessica said
“I know sweetie, but as you get older you get more responsibilities, we just want to make sure you understand.” Tara looked at Willow and nodded. Both women produced a car key and handed it to each girl. They both stared disbelieving at the key in their hand. Both looked back up at their parents, then at each other, then back at the key and again at their parents.
“Well go on.” Willow said and nodded toward the driveway. The girls ran from their seats and out to the front porch. There in the driveway were two brand new Toyota sports cars, one red and one black. “Oh my god, oh my god.” Sarah said over and over again.
“I call black.” Jessica said as she ran down to the cars. “Can’t have red it would clash with my hair.” Willow and Tara had come out and Tara was nuzzled into Willow’s side with Willows arm around her shoulders, just loving her happy family.
“Mom?” Sarah said in a quiet voice as she looked at Tara, she had tears in her eyes.
“Come here sweetie.” Tara said as she opened her arms to her daughter.
“I love you guys, you are like the best parents ever.”
“Come on, go take a look.” Willow gently said as Tara turned and wrapped her arms around Willows waist. Both girls ran past the two and into the house, then just as quickly came flying out with purses in hand.
“Where are you two going?” Tara yelled after them.
“Hello. Out driving.” Jessica said.
“Yeah hello, teenagers with cars, where else would we be.” Sarah added.
“Hello! Just be responsible.” Willow said.
“Yeah yeah yeah, mom, cops, corn fields, we get it.” Jessica yelled out the car window and the two speed off down the street. Willow sighed and looked at her wife who was smirking.
“What are you smirking about?”
“Oh just remembering that old truck of yours, and how our bodies fit perfectly in the back seat…” Willow’s breathing became labored as she looked into her beautiful goddesses eyes. Willow grabbed Tara's hand.
“Oh yeah I loved that truck. Come on, upstairs, now.”

THE END

Post subject: Re: What was I thinking (new short fic)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:52 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

very sweet story and thinking of rebel willow is hot :peace

kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom. theodore rubin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:30 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Aw... That was a nice, short, sweet story :)

The ending made me laugh :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:10 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Nice story. Thanks. I loved the image of Willow in leather without a top and being rebellious. Tara was wrong in one way. She wasn't shy. Approaching Willow like that was really forward. Nice move.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:35 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great short fic!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:22 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Rebel Rebel, Willow's torn her dress,
Rebel Rebel, Willow's face is a mess,
Rebel rebel, How could Tara's dad know,
Hot tramp, Tara loves her so.
Ahem, to paraphrase David Bowie.