The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: When Hate Meets Love
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:14 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi, my name was originally MonkeyAmber and you can find my story The Willow in Me on this site. I came up with this new idea. People like it at extra flamey so I hope you guys will like it.

Title: When Hate Meets Love
Rating:R
Summary: Willow Rosenberg meets the girl of her dreams...but will a horrible bet ruin everything?

Hi, my name is Willow Rosenberg. I’m so bored I’ve decided to share my little tale with you guys. By the looks of me, you could tell I was a badass. You would be smart if you didn’t want to stir up any trouble with me because I’d kick your ass up and down the street. A lot of people were scared of me and they certainly didn’t respect me. Why you ask? Maybe it was because I was a rebel, or the fact that I lived in a trailer park and I had to steal expensive things just to enjoy life. It could be that I practically slept with every girl in my school just because I thought of them as conquests. Whatever. Who cares what people think? They didn’t know who I was. They didn’t know me. Come to think of it, I didn’t even know me. Until someone came along and showed me who the real Willow Rosenberg was.

Florida…

“Honey, you have to tell her.” Linda Maclay told her husband.

“I know, when she gets home from school, I’m going to tell her everything.” Donald Maclay said.

Just on cue, their daughter, Tara Maclay, walked in.

Willow’s Voice- “Tara Maclay. She was a senior, gorgeous and an honor student in her school, and in almost every club that they had. She was so smart and beautiful and always on the honor roll. She loved talking to teachers and she loved doing assignments. Plus, she was really, really hot. It took her a while but she finally found some friends that shared her passion for school. She was the kind of person that mostly stayed home on the weekends and never did anything cool, rebellious or even fun. She never got into any trouble anywhere. Some parents have even called her the perfect daughter.”

“Hey guys.” Tara said, while walking up the steps to her bedroom.

“Tara, may we have a word with you?” Linda asked, grabbing her daughter’s attention.

“What’s going on?” Tara asked nervously while taking a seat on the couch.

“Your father has some news.” Linda said.

Tara looked to her father whose head was down. He was fidgeting and avoiding Tara’s eyes.

“Dad what’s wrong? Did someone die?” Tara asked, getting nervous.

“No Tara, no one died.” Donald said. “It’s just, I was promoted at work and they’re sending me to work at a much better school. It’s called Sunnydale High.”

“Well that’s great dad, congratulations.” Tara said excitedly. “Sunnydale High, is that a new school they’re building here?”

“No Tara, it’s in Sunnydale, California.” Donald informed her daughter.

“So, we’re moving?” Tara asked, depressed.

“I know you don’t want to leave your friends or your school darling but this could be very good for your father.” Linda said. “We all have to make sacrifices.”

“No, I understand.” Tara said, putting her head down. “I’m with you on this dad.”

“Thanks sweetheart.” Donald smiled. “Don’t worry, you’ll make lots of new friends there and you’re going to like it. I promise you.”

“If you say so.” Tara said, with a hint of sadness in her voice.

“Your father’s right dear.” Linda said. “Look at this.” She handed her a brochure.

Tara opened it and saw many people having fun and laughing together.

“Sunnydale High was rated one of the most top prestigious schools there is.” Linda smiled. “I bet you could just imagine what the students there are like.”

Sunnydale…

Willows Voice- “Oh look, there I am. A gorgeous mess.”

It was seven A.M. and Hole’s Violet came on Willow’s alarm.

And the sky was made of amethyst
And all the stars were just like little fish
You should learn when to go
You should learn how to say no!

Willow’s eyes opened wide and she groaned out of frustration. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, got up and got her clothes from the closet.

Might last a day, yeah!
Minus forever
Might last a day, yeah!
Minus forever

‘Another day.’ Willow thought.

Well they get what they want, and they never want it again
Well they get what they want, and they never want it again
Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to
Go on, take everything, take everything, I want you to!

Willow Rosenberg banged her head to the music as she got dressed and combed her shoulder length hair. She never used to like this kind of music but it grew on her. She changed her whole image once she got to Sunnydale High four years ago. Today, she was a senior.

She turned off the music and walked into the little ratty kitchen where her mom was making breakfast.

“Good morning honey.” Sheila greeted her daughter.

Hey mom.” Willow said, grabbing a strawberry pop tart and opening the front door.

“Sweetie, aren’t you going to have any breakfast?” Sheila asked.

“I got it. See ya later.” Willow said, holding up the pastry and walked out.

Sheila didn’t understand her daughter lately. Willow used to be so smart in every subject at her old school. But of course that was when she used to dress normal too. Nowadays, Willow just dresses in jeans, a tight t-shirt with a band on it and lots of heavy black eyeliner with black nail polish on her fingernails. And Willow’s grades were horrible too. She barely passes any of her classes and has to go to summer school every summer. She never sees her daughter doing any homework and she doesn’t even carry a backpack to school let alone books. Willow’s friends didn’t help either. Sheila liked Bunny but disliked her friends Alexander and Faith. They were such a bad influence on Willow. It was so bad one night that Willow was brought home by the cops because she was caught stealing. Today, her daughter was a senior. She just hoped that something will come along to straighten her daughter out.

Willow walked past Buffy’s house when Buffy was running towards her.

“Hey Will!” Wait up!” Buffy yelled, trying to keep her backpack on her shoulder.

“Morning Buff.” Willow said.

Willow’s Voice- “Buffy Summers. I wouldn’t call her a geek but I wouldn’t say she was cool either. She didn’t really dress like me or any of our other friends. She sort of made her own style. She’s rebellious in her own way, well, when her parents aren’t around. Her parents think she’s this sweet little angel but around us, she gets pretty wild.”

“You ready for today?” Buffy asked.

“What’s today?” Willow asked, confused.

“We’re seniors’ idiot!” Buffy exclaimed, slapping the back of Willow’s head. “Today, we rule the school for the whole year.”

“I already ruled the whole school when I came as a freshman.” Willow said.

“That’s because you already slept with every girl in the school.” Buffy said.

“I can’t help it if the ladies find me attractive.” Willow smiled.

“Whatever.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

As the school came into sight, Willow and Buffy noticed their two best pals sitting on the grass.

“Hey guys!” Buffy said.

Faith pulled down her shades and looked to them.

“Hey bitches.” She smiled.

Willow’s Voice- “That’s Faith. One of my best friends. I guess you could say that she was the one who discovered me. I was this dorky little eighth grader about to become a freshman. If you could imagine it, I used to wear those fucking weird ass dresses that looked like they should have been buried with my grandmother. I don’t know what she saw in me. She saw some potential that I of course, missed. She took me under her wing and together, we ruled the school. She taught me what to wear, what music to listen to, what girls to fuck. It was great.”

“Why are you so fucking happy?” she asked Buffy.

“Hello, is anyone excited about the fact that we’re seniors’ today?” Buffy asked.

“School just started today. How could I be excited?” Xander asked, tired.

Willow’s voice- “That’s Alexander Harris but we call him Xander. He’s more of the mellow type. He doesn’t go looking for trouble but if someone is in his face, he’ll start up some shit. We noticed him when some football players were pushing him around after school. We were going to help him but it seemed like he had the situation under control. Putting five guys into a concussion will make a person think that.”

“You guys suck. This is supposed to be a big deal.” Buffy said, taking a seat next to Willow. “How are we going to have fun this year if you’re not excited?”

“I can think of ways to have fun.” Willow smiled, looking at all of the girls going by.

“Don’t bother looking; you’ve already fucked them all.” Faith said.

“Yeah, but it’s nice to look at the stems walk by.” Willow said.

“I could see you’re ready for this year Red.” Faith said, noticing there are no books or a backpack. “Are you just going to skip almost every class like you do every year?”

“I’ve got better things to do than to be in class.” Willow said. “Like that girl over there.”

Faith just rolled her eyes.

Willow’s Voice- “I know what you’re thinking. Faith would rather go to class? Sadly, it isn’t up to her. You see, Faith gets into a lot of trouble and her probation officer tells her that if she keeps going to class, he won’t send her to jail. Otherwise, Faith would just stay in the janitor’s closet all day, if you know what I mean.”

“Hey, give me cigarette.” Willow said.

“Why, where’s your pack?” Faith asked, while offering hers.

Willow grabbed one and said “My mom found them and gave me the whole ‘It’s not healthy’ speech then threw them away.”

“Hide it, here comes Snyder.” Xander whispered and Willow put it behind her back.

Willow’s Voice- “Ah, Principal Snyder. Nothing really much to say except for he’s so uptight and really needs to get some. He’s always had it in for us, thinking we’re the bad crowd, which we were, but he just never had any proof. Last year, we stole the school’s VCR, and he tried so hard to prove it was us. Poor little man.”

“Well, well, if it isn’t my four favorite little people.” Snyder said.

“Really, we’re your favorites?” Buffy asked

“Shut up Summers.” Snyder said.

Buffy just smiled innocently.

“I just want you four to know, that I’m going to be watching you very close this year.” Snyder said. “All I need is one speck of proof and I can put you away in jail for everything that you kids have stolen and for your use of drugs.”

“Save it for someone who cares.” Faith said.

“Don’t mess with me.” Snyder said. “I could get you in trouble on the first day of school.” Then walked away.

“That guy really needs a stripper.” Xander said.

Just then the bell rang and the school bus arrived to drop the kids off.

Buffy, Faith and Xander grabbed all of their belongings. Willow went to grab her cigarette but saw that it was blown away by the wind. She saw it lying near the sidewalk that enters the school, so she went after it.

Willow’s Voice-“The bus doors opened and that’s where I saw her. It was like it was all in slow motion or something. First, I just saw her feet touch the bottom of the bus steps. I looked up even further and so those long, wonderful legs. I keep looking and I see the most gorgeous face I have ever seen. That blonde hair she had. It just made me want to run my fingers through it. Those blue eyes. I could get lost in them. I had to know who she was.”

Tara walked past Willow and Willow went after her.

When Faith gathered all of her belongings, she noticed Willow wasn’t with them. She looked around and saw her chase a blonde girl into the school.

“Will!” Faith yelled but Willow didn’t stop. “Damn, she already found a new girl? I taught her well.”

Once inside the building, Willow decided to initiate contact.

She pushed herself into Tara’s side, causing her books to fall.

“You stupid jerk! Watch where you’re going!” Willow yelled to no one. “I’m sorry, here let me help you.”

“Thank you.” Tara smiled.

Once they were done picking up the books, Willow decided to start the conversation.

“So, are you new here?” Willow asked.

“Yes, I just moved here.” Tara answered.

Unknown to them, Cordelia Chase was walking past them, glaring at them.

“Really, from where?” Willow asked.

“Florida.” Tara said. ‘Wow, this beautiful girl is talking to me!’ she thought.

“Well, that’s great. Say-

“Ms. Rosenberg, I see you’re excited about the new year.” Snyder interrupted.

“What?” Willow asked, confused.

“Where are your books?” Snyder asked. “Class is going to start soon.”

“Maybe they’re up your ass!” Willow said. “Can’t you see I’m talking to someone here.”

“Uh, I think I should go.” Tara said shyly.

“I think you should. You’re new, it’s your first day and you’re already going to be late for class.” Snyder said. He pointed to the bell and it rang.

“Get to class.” Snyder said roughly.

Willow felt bad for getting the cute blonde in trouble with the principal on the first day.

Willow tried to look at what direction Tara walked in but Snyder grabbed her face.

“I just want you to know that I’ll be watching you very closely Miss. Rosenberg.” Snyder said.

“Get some new fucking lines.” Willow said.

Snyder tightened his grip and said “Don’t get me angry. Now listen, I don’t like you Rosenberg. I never did. I think you’re white trash and that you don’t belong in my school. You and your friends. You better watch your back because when you slip up, I’ll be there. The minute you do something wrong, you’re out.” Then he walked away.

Willow just held her jaw and muttered “Prick.”

She looked around the hall for Tara but noticed that everyone was already in class.

“Damn, she’s gone. I didn’t even know her name.” Willow said. “Oh well, I’ll see her sooner or later.”

With that being said, Willow did what she did every year when people were in their classes. She went in the sound proof music room and played the guitar.

Their school day was over and Willow and Buffy were walking out of the building.

“Finally, the day is over.” Willow sighed.

“What do you mean finally? You didn’t go to one class.” Buffy said.

“So, it doesn’t mean that I didn’t work hard.” Willow said.

“Whatever.” Buffy said, grabbing her bike.

Faith ran up to them and said “Hey guys. Man, thank god it was a half day today.”

“I know. Imagine a full day.” Willow said.

“You mean like tomorrow?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah, well, come on Will. We got to get going, we have to meet our clients.” Faith said.

“Oh yeah, I fucking forgot!” Willow said.

“You guys aren’t going to do that again this year, are you?” Buffy asked.

“What? We need money.” Faith said.

Willow’s Voice- “What is Faith talking about? Let me explain. You see, we both live in trailers and don’t have very much money. The only way we can make money, is to steal things and sell them for lower prices. So, our mission is to head to the mall, and get as much stuff as we can without getting caught.”

At the mall…

Willow and Faith were in a music store looking at cd’s.

“So, what was up with that blonde girl this morning?” Faith asked.

“Oh yeah, she’s new.” Willow said.

“Well, what’s her name?” Faith asked, getting impatient.

“I didn’t get it. Snyder ruined it.” Willow said. “She might be angry with me because I already got her yelled at.”

“What a great first impression.” Faith said, smiling.

Willow just glared at her.

“You have all of the requests?” Faith whispered.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Willow said.

They managed to put a few cd’s in their jackets and they were walking out. They made it out of the store but once they thought they were safe, a security guard came by.

“Ladies, can I check your pockets please?” the man asked, knowing they stole something.

“Oh yeah, just hold on.” Faith said, pretending to reach into her pocket but instead punching him in the face.

“Come on Red!” Faith said, grabbing Willow with her.

They pushed people out of their way and ran down the escalator.

The security guards ran after them but because they were so chubby, they had to stop and catch their breaths.

Owners from nearby stores started to chase them out the door.

Once they were out, they got on their bikes and rode away.

After riding for a few minutes, they stopped at a nearby school.

“Hey, you okay?” Faith asked.

“Yeah, lost a few cd’s though.” Willow said. “But we made it.”

“Yeah, let’s get down to business.” Faith said.

‘Well, I guess that school wasn’t so bad, although, it was my first day.” Tara thought as she walked home. ‘What was up with that red-head? She’s pretty but she seems like trouble. Maybe I should stay away from her.’

Willow and Faith were selling the cd’s to some smaller kids.

“No, twenty-five dollars, not fifteen!” Willow said. “If you want the cd, you better have the money tomorrow!” she said, slapping the kid’s head as he walked away.

Willow watched him leave and noticed the blonde girl walking by.

“Here Faith, finish up the sales.” Willow said, handing Faith the rest of the cd’s.

“Why, what’s wrong?” Faith asked.

“I’ll be right back.” Willow said, running across the street.

Faith just shrugged it off and went back to her customers.

Willow ran in front of the girl and said “Hey.”

“Hey.” Tara said shyly.

“I, uh, wanted to apologize for getting you in trouble with Snyder earlier.” Willow said.

“Oh, it’s okay.” Tara smiled. ‘I know I should just keep walking but I can’t!’ she yelled in her head.

“I didn’t get to introduce myself since he interrupted us. I’m Willow Rosenberg but people mostly call me Red.” Willow said, offering her hand.

Tara took it and said “It’s nice to meet you Willow.”

“So, how was your first day?” Willow asked, walking with Tara now.

“It went pretty well.” Tara said. “The classes seem a little hard but I’ll manage.”

“Well, that’s good.” Willow said.

“How are your classes?” Tara asked.

“I wouldn’t know.” Willow said while Tara looked at her confused. “I don’t usually go to classes.”

“Can I see your schedule?” Tara asked.

“Sure.” Willow said, taking a crumpled piece of paper out of her clothes.

“Nice way to treat it.” Tara said, while looking at it. “Oh, you have the same math class with me.

“Really, what a coincidence.” Willow smiled.

“Yeah, well, here’s my house.” Tara said.

Willow looked around and just noticed that they walked a block from where Faith was.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow at school Willow Rosenberg.” Tara said.

“Yeah maybe.” Willow said, watching Tara open her door. “Wait! I don’t even know your name.”

“It’s Tara Maclay.” She smiled then walked in the house.

“Tara Maclay.” Willow said to herself. ‘What a hottie! I think I’ll start going to class!”

Ch.2
Hey guys, I'm glad you're liking this. It will get better so keep checking for updates.

The next day…

Faith and Buffy were talking to each other while they waited for their math teacher to arrive.

Ten minutes after the bell rang, Tara walked in and the teacher walked in behind her, closing the door.

There were only two empty seats left in the whole classroom. One each at two tables and Tara sat in the one closest to the teacher.

“Good morning everyone.” The teacher said.

He started writing on the board as the door opened.

Startled by the action, the whole class looked toward the door to see a Goth redhead with black sunglasses walk in the room.

Tara smiled to herself for she knew who it was.

“Hello, May I help you?” the teacher asked.

“No.” Willow said, taking a seat at the table behind Tara’s.

He looked strangely at her but shrugged it off.

Willow’s Voice- “I know I was being rude to someone who actually seemed nice. I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it. I hate teachers with a passion. They always think that they’re better than you just because they read off answers in a book. The teachers were my enemy. Well, except for my religion teacher in my sophomore year. You could say she was the hottest teacher in the whole school. She always wore short skirts to reveal her legs to us. All the guys drooled over her and wished that they could fuck her. Poor them, I got there first.”

“Okay people, why don’t we start on the problems I gave you for homework last night.” He said, grabbing his book.

Tara decided to turn around and give Willow a quick wave and Willow smiled back. But when she did so, the teacher said “Tara, please turn around and pay attention.”

Tara looked like she was a deer caught in headlights. She quickly said “Sorry sir.” And resumed back to her book.

“Psst, Red!” Faith whispered.

Willow turned to see Faith and Buffy looking at her in confusion.

“What?” Willow asked, annoyed.

“What the fuck are you doing here? Are you lost?” Faith asked. “Music room is right down the hall.”

“Leave me alone, I’m trying to learn.” Willow smiled then resumed back to looking at the back of Tara.

Faith finally understood when she saw Willow scanning Tara with her eyes.

Their math teacher was talking for forty-five minutes and Willow was so bored that she almost fell asleep.

She decided to make going to class worth her while.

She leaned over to whisper in Tara’s ear.

“Hey, how’s it going?” Willow said, removing her sunglasses.

“What are you doing?” Tara asked, getting uncomfortable.

“Just talking.” Willow said nonchalantly.

“We’re not supposed to talk in class.” Tara whispered.

“Well, if you couldn’t already guess, I’m not much for rules.” Willow said.

Tara turned her head to meet Willow’s gaze to tell her to sit back but when she did, she was centimeters away from Willow’s face and she just couldn’t look away.

Their teacher looked over their way and noticed the affection going on. Right then and there, he knew that Willow was trouble.

He cleared his throat to get their attention but it was like there was no one else in the room except for them. Through that gaze, they felt something pass through them.

“Excuse me.” The teacher said, putting his face in front of theirs. “What is your name?”

“Why?” Willow asked.

“Don’t I have a right to know my students?” he asked.

“Willow.” She said, eyeing him.

He took out his attendance sheet and looked for her name.

“Ah, Miss Rosenberg, right?” he asked. “Funny how you’re here today and you weren’t yesterday.”

“I was sick.” Willow lied, immediately not liking this teacher who interrupted their tender moment.

“Sick, right.” He said, not believing it. “If you don’t mind, can you please pay attention in my class then you can flirt later?”

Willow noticed how Tara was trying to make herself small so she leaned back away from her.

“Thank you, now if it’s okay with you, may I continue to teach the people who want to learn?” he asked.

Willow just rolled her eyes at him and he continued talking. When he was on the other side of the room, Willow decided to try talking to Tara again.

She leaned forward and said “Hey, you want to hang out later tonight?”

Tara rolled her eyes at her. She liked the redhead but she had never felt so embarrassed in all her life. But still, she felt like she couldn’t be angry with her.

The teacher looked over at them when he heard whispering.

“You see, there’s this club called the Bronze and-

“Miss Rosenberg!” the teacher said, getting angry. “Since you want to talk so bad, why don’t you tell the class what the formula for finding critical mass is?”

“Here’s the address.” Willow said, quickly handing her the paper. She leaned back into her seat and looked at the teacher.

Tara waited to see if she even knew the answer.

“Critical mass?” Willow asked. “Uh…true.” Then she put on her sunglasses.

Tara looked back at Willow. Willow just smiled at her and wagged her eyebrows. Tara turned back around and smiled to herself. ‘God, she’s so cute.’

“If you were paying close attention, you would know that the question didn’t have true or false as an answer.” The teacher said, completely missing the fact that it was a joke. “Please go to the principal’s office.”

“Cool, I get out of class early.” Willow said then walked out.

After class ended, Willow came to the door and waited outside for Tara.

Faith and Buffy walked out and noticed Willow standing there.

“Hey, what are you doing here? Waiting for your lover?” Buffy joked.

“Shut up.” Willow said.

“Yeah, that was real smooth what you did in class Red.” Faith said. “You just keep getting her in trouble, don’t you?”

“That’s why I’m here. To apologize…again.” Willow said.

“You might have to wait a while because she’s helping the teacher.” Buffy said, walking away.

“You guys going to lunch?” Willow asked.

“But of course. Who would want to stay in this fucking jailhouse?” Faith said, walking outside with her lunch.

Twenty-five minutes has passed and Tara finally comes out of the room.

She walks past Willow, not noticing she’s there.

Willow ran after her and grabbed her by the shoulder.

“Hey, wait up.” Willow said.

“Oh, hi Willow.” Tara said.

“What took you so long?” Willow asked.

“I was helping out the teacher.” Tara said.

“Nice move.” Willow smiled.

“What?” Tara asked, not understanding what she meant.

“I mean helping out the teacher. Now that you did that, he’s going to think of you as one of his favorites.” Willow said. “He might give you an easy A”

“I didn’t do it for that.” Tara said.

“Whatever. He seemed like an asshole to me.” Willow said.

“Don’t say that, you don’t even know him!” Tara said, getting angry.

“Oh come on Tara, he was up in my face!” Willow said, wondering why she was defending him.

“Maybe because you were doing something you weren’t supposed to!” Tara said, her voice rising. “He’s actually a good person!”

“Oh really, and how do you know that?” Willow asked.

“He’s my father.” Tara said then walked away.

“Father?” Willow muttered to herself with her eyes wide.

Willow’s Voice- “I know what you’re thinking. Oh shit!”

Outside, the gang was eating lunch at their usual table. Buffy and Xander were sitting on the bench while Willow and Faith were sitting on the table.

Faith was laughing so hard at Willow’s situation.

“Oh man! He’s her father?” Faith asked, still chuckling.

“Quite the predicament you’re in.” Xander commented.

“What am I going to do?” Willow said, with her head in her hands. “She fucking hates me now!”

“Oh, just forget her Red.” Faith said, slapping her back. “You don’t need her. It’s her loss.”

“Incoming!” Xander said, pointing to a girl walking over to them.

“Hi Willow.” The girl said sweetly, holding her books to her chest.

“Oh, hey Jennifer.” Willow said, with no emotion.

“I had fun last Saturday, maybe we could do it again sometime?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’ll call you.” Willow lied.

“Here, in case you don’t have it.” She said, taking out a pen and writing her number on the back of Willow’s hand.

When she walked away, Faith was eyeing her.

“Man, that is a sweet piece of ass!” Faith said. “See, you don’t need Tara, just go out with Jennifer again. I heard she’s an animal in bed.”

“She was.” Willow said. “I don’t know, she doesn’t seem like my type.”

“You don’t need a type; just fuck them until they beg for more.” Faith said.

“God, you are so crude!” Buffy said. “No wonder you can never be in a relationship that lasts longer than five minutes!”

Faith just sticks her tongue out at her. “Eat me Blondie!”

“No thanks.” Buffy said, looking disgusted.

“Alright, I have to go to my locker real fast. I’ll see you guys tonight.” Faith said, walking into the building.

“Now that Faith’s gone, do you guys want to have a sleepover tomorrow?” Buffy asked.

“Will there be pizza?” Xander asked.

“Yes, I’ll order your favorite.” Buffy said, rolling her eyes. “What about you Will, are you in?”

She looked up at Willow and noticed that her mind and eyes were somewhere else. She followed her gaze and saw that she was looking at Tara who was sitting underneath a nearby tree, reading a book.

“Willow?” Buffy said more firmly.

“Huh, what?” Willow said, confused.

“Just forget about her Will. Pretend that she doesn’t even exist.” Buffy said.

“I can’t Buff. I can’t help it. It’s like she’s got this power over me.” Willow said.

“It sounds like our little Willow is in love.” Xander smiled.

“That’s impossible, I don’t fall in love. I just go in, fuck them until they go numb and then I’m out.” Willow said. “I dread relationships.”

“Well then maybe that’s it!” Buffy piped up. “Maybe you can’t tear your eyes away because you so badly want to sleep with her.”

“That’s true, it could be it.” Xander quickly said then sneakily reached for Willow’s sandwich.

Willow noticed Xander’s hand inching towards her sandwich so she slapped it and swiped her sandwich from him.

“Aw man.” Xander said.

“I don’t know, this feels different than with any other girl.” Willow said.

“How so?” Buffy asked.

“Well, whenever I’m nearby her or think about her, I get this fluttery feeling in my stomach.” Willow said. “I actually enjoy coming to school just so I can see her. For once, I don’t even think about sleeping with her, I just want to be around her. Make her smile and laugh.”

She looked to Buffy and Xander who were surprised by Willow’s words.

“Wow, I didn’t even know you could talk like that.” Xander said.

“I usually don’t so don’t mention any of this to Faith or anyone else.” Willow said.

“Of course, it’ll be our little secret Will.” Buffy said, finishing up her lunch.

Later that night at Tara’s house…

It was eight p.m. on a Tuesday night. Tara was sitting on her bed, studying her history. She didn’t get much done, due to the fact that she kept stopping in the middle of a sentence to think about her lovely redhead.

‘God, how can I still have feelings for her after she called my father an asshole?” she thought.

She closed her book out of frustration.

‘And I should be angry that she got me in trouble with the principal on the first day of school!’ she thought as she put her book away. ‘But I can’t hate her. She’s got that smile and those big green eyes. That silky red hair. Oh, I wish I could touch it. No! I can’t think this way! I can’t be around her. I already have one of the highest GPA’s in the county and it might get me into Yale! She’s too much trouble and she’s just going to get me in trouble.!”

Tara fell backwards on her bed.

‘But I can’t stop thinking about her. Goddess help me, I think I’m falling for her.’ She thought.

At the Bronze…

Faith and Xander were playing pool while Buffy and Willow were sitting on the couch.

“She’s probably not going to show.” Faith said.

“Maybe she doesn’t know where it is.” Buffy said, trying to cheer Willow up.

“I gave her the address.” Willow said, getting upset.

“I think she hates your guts.” Faith said, hitting her ball into the pocket, winning the game.

“Oh thanks Faith.” Willow rolled her eyes.

Xander groaned and gave Faith ten bucks since she won.

He walked over and gave Willow the stick so she could play.

Faith set up the game and they started to play.

“Look Red, just get someone else to go out with.” Faith said, not liking the idea of Willow getting crushed over this girl.

Willow just ignored the comment and started shooting her balls into the pockets.

“Maybe, she isn’t even gay.” Faith said.

“Then I could turn her.” Willow said.

“You seem pretty confident there.” Faith said.

“Look, I’m not going to stop trying. Sooner or later, she’s bound to go out with me.” Willow said.

Faith was confused to why Willow just wants to hang out with this girl. Willow noticed Faith’s look and quickly added “And fuck her senseless.”

Buffy looked to Willow, surprised that she had a different attitude than she did earlier that day.

“There’s no way you can fuck this one Will.” Faith said. “If her dad finds out, he could flunk you, which means you can’t graduate, meaning that you can’t leave town and start a new life on your own like you planned.”

“I could get her just like I’ve gotten every girl at our school. I just have to give her the Willow charm and she’ll be putty in my hands.” Willow said.

“Care to make a wager on that?” Faith asked.

Willow froze for a second at the fact that she might have to actually go through with it.

“How much are we talking?” Willow asked.

“How about three hundred and fifty dollars? Enough to get you started when you leave this town?” Faith asked.

‘That’s just the amount I need.’ Willow thought. “What are the terms?”

“Okay, I’ll give you three weeks. You have to gain her trust, sleep with her then break up with her in front of the entire school.” Faith smiled.

Willow grew nervous at this. She didn’t want to do this to the woman but this may be her only shot out of this stink hole town.

“Well, how am I going to break up with her in front of the entire school?” Willow asked, trying to catch Faith off guard so she wouldn’t have to go through with it.

“Do it when Snyder has his ‘Don’t Do Drugs!’ assembly this year.” Faith said.

Willow thought about it for a few seconds and said “Deal.” Then shook her hands.

Buffy’s eyes widened at this as did Xander’s.

“Well, that’s your game Red.” Faith said, looking at the table. “Let’s go now, I’m bored.”

Buffy went up to Willow and said “What the hell are you doing?”

“What?” Willow asked.

“How could you do this? I thought you really liked her!” Buffy said.

“I do but Buffy, this may be my only shot to get out of here. I need to start a better life for myself and this money will really help me get started. I’m not going to live in a trailer my whole life!” Willow said.

“So you’re willing to give Tara up?” Xander asked.

“I have no choice.” Willow said then followed Faith out of the bronze.

Willow’s Voice- “I now realized that I did have a choice. I, of course, made the wrong one. Story of my life. But this is where it all started. It’s just going to go downhill from here.”

Ch.3

Hey guys, I'm sorry I'm posting this story this way. If someone could tell me how to post the new updates after the reviews that you leave me, that would be awesome:)

The next day…

It was lunch and the gang was all hanging out and talking until they noticed Tara sitting in her usual spot with her nose in a book.

“There she is Will.” Xander said. “Give her that irresistible Willow charm.”

“Don’t encourage her!” Buffy whispered, hitting Xander’s arm roughly.

Buffy still didn’t like the idea of Willow going through with this bet. She just knew that everyone is going to get hurt. No good could come from this.

Faith just furrowed her brow at them and said “Well, good luck Red” she said then patted her shoulder and pushed her towards Tara’s direction.

Willow walked nervously over to Tara.

‘Oh god, what am I going to say?’ she thought. ‘I should be extra nice since I insulted her father but Faith is right over there. I can’t let her think I’ve gone soft, especially for someone who is the complete opposite of me.’

Willow stood over Tara for what seemed like a lifetime but Tara never noticed her presence. She was too engrossed in her story. Willow decided to draw her attention.

“Hey there.” Willow said, in a charming voice.

Startled by the voice, Tara looked up at the figure in front of her. Finally seeing who it was, her face fell. She ignored Willow and went back to her book.

‘God, her voice is so sexy but I can’t give in!’ Tara thought. ‘Just remember, she’s not good for you!’

Noticing that Tara was ignoring her charming ways, she decided to use her soft side.

“Hey, I just wanted to say that I’m sorry for calling your dad an asshole. I just-

“You’re not sorry.” Tara said, still looking in her book.

“What is with you? I’m trying to apologize here.” Willow said.

“You’re not really sorry, you’re probably just saying so because your friends are over there watching.” Tara said, looking over at Willow’s friends. When she did so, Faith avoided her eyes, pretending like she wasn’t watching.

“Look, this has nothing to do with them. I just felt really bad and-

“Oh, so you’re just doing this because you’re feeling guilty. What a lady.” Tara said, resuming back to her book.

“Okay look! Can we call a truce?” Willow asked, putting up her hands.

Tara just looked back at her book and tried to pretend that she wasn’t there.

“Can I at least sit down?” Willow asked.

Tara looked up at her and said “Sure.”

Willow smiled and sat right next to her. But once she sat down, Tara grabbed her stuff and got up.

“Wait, where are you going?” Willow asked.

“Spot’s all yours.” Tara said then walked away.

Willow just sighed in defeat and leant back against the tree.

‘This is going to take some time.” She thought.

After a few minutes, Willow walked back to the table all of her friends were sitting at.

When she got there, Faith was lying on the table laughing.

“Nice going Red!” Faith laughed. “That was fucking great!”

“It’s just going to take a lot longer than I expected but she will be mine.” Willow said, eyeing Tara who was sitting at a nearby table.

“You might as well give up Willow. She looked really pissed.” Xander said.

“I’m never going to give up. She’s bound to give in to me sooner or later.” Willow said.

Willow’s Voice- “Alright, this is trickier than I thought. I’m going to have to use a method of mine. The five rules. Rule number one? Stalker.

It was later during the day and Tara was in her Physical Ed class. The whole class had to run five laps around their huge field and somehow, Tara left them all in the dust.

She stopped nearby her bag which was sitting on the bleachers. She grabbed her water bottle to help quench her thirst. She turned toward the gate and Willow was standing right there.

Tara slightly jumped and said “What do you want?”

“You were pretty good out there. Have you ever thought about joining the track team?” Willow asked, trying to get a conversation going.

“Go away.” Tara said, walking away.

Willow just followed her and said “Is that really what you want?”

Tara just ignored the question and walked right through the basketball team’s practice. She went through fine but when Willow followed her, she wasn’t so lucky.

“Look, why don’t you just talk to me!” Willow said then all of a sudden, a basketball player ran into her and pushed her on the ground.

Willow got up in a flash and pushed the guy.

“What the fuck is your problem? I was walking there!” Willow yelled.

“Well, maybe you should get out of my way Rosenberg! Don’t you have something to steal?” the guy asked, getting a serious attitude.

“Hey, if there’s something you want to say to me Greg, then just say it!” Willow said, pushing him roughly.

“Yeah, there’s something I want to say. You’re a disgrace to this school and this town. It’s trash like you that gives our town a bad name!” he yells.

“Really, that’s not what your girlfriend said last Saturday when she showed me her bed sheets! All I remember is her screaming my name a lot!” Willow yelled.

“Oh that’s it Rosenberg, you’re fucking dead.” He yelled, going after her but his teammates held him back.

“Go play with your boyfriends fag!” Willow yelled and walked away from the court.

She looked towards Tara’s direction but saw that she already left.

“Damn.” Willow breathed.

Tara has gone through two whole classes and she has not seen Willow once. She was glad that the redhead had stopped bugging her but disappointed at the same time. Now, she was in the bathroom, taking a little break from class. Tara turned on the faucet and splashed water on her face.

‘Just stop thinking about her! Why can’t I stop?’ Tara thought to herself.

She turned around to grab a towel but saw Willow standing there, holding one instead.

“Towel?” Willow asked with a huge smile.

“Why won’t you just leave me alone?” Tara asked, getting frustrated.

“Because you don’t really want me to leave you alone, do you?” Willow asked, lips centimeters away from Tara’s.

Tara just sighed and left the bathroom.

Finally, it was the end of the day. Tara was just about to leave her math class when her father stopped her.

“Tara?” Donald Maclay said.

“Yes dad?” Tara asked.

“This came in my mail for you today.” Her father said, revealing the letter.

Tara looked at it and her eyes widened.

“It’s my letter from Yale.” Tara said, just staring at it.

“Well, are you going to open it or what?” Donald said, getting excited.

She was about to open it but stopped herself.

“I can’t, you do it.” Tara said, handing him the letter.

“Are you sure?” Donald asked.

Tara nodded her head excitedly.

He opened it and started reading it.

“Oh no.” Donald said.

“What?” Tara asked, anxiously.

“Oh, this isn’t good.” Donald said.

“What does it say? Tell me, I can take it.” Tara said.

“I’m going to have to learn to let you go because you’re going to Yale sweetheart!” Donald yelled.

“I am?” Tara asked.

She jumped up and down in excitement and hugged her father.

“Oh, I’m so proud of you!” Donald said, squeezing his daughter.

“Thank you dad.” Tara said.

“For what?” Donald asked.

“Everything.” Tara smiled.

Donald looked at the letter again and said “Oh.”

“Oh? What do you mean oh? That didn’t sound like a good oh.” Tara said, getting scared.

“Oh no, it’s nothing. It’s just that the tuition is a little more than I thought it would be.” Donald said. “But don’t worry, I’ll send them my next two paychecks with our savings and it should all be taken care of.”

“Dad, if it’s too much-

“Nonsense. This is the school of your dreams and I will do everything in my power to make sure you get to go.” Donald said, hugging his daughter once more.

“I love you daddy.” Tara said.

“I love you too sweetheart.” He said.

A half an hour later, Tara emerged from her father’s classroom with a huge smile on her face. She felt like she was on top of the world and that nothing could bring her down. Here she was about to go to the school that she’s dreamt about ever since Junior High.

Tara entered her locker combo and opened the door.

“Oh my god!!!” Tara yelled at what she saw in there.

“Hello.” Willow said, shifting around uncomfortable.

“What are you doing?” Tara asked.

“Wow, you sound mad but you have this huge smile on your face.” Willow said. “Is it because I’m starting to turn you on?”

“Would you please get out?” Tara asked.

Not wanting to upset the blonde, she did as she was asked.

“Why were you in there?” Tara asked, putting her books away.

“I wanted to talk to you.” Willow said.

“Look, I’m having a really good day and I don’t need-

“Let me make it even better. Just hear me out okay?” Willow asked, giving her the sad puppy dog eyes.

“Fine, you have two minutes.” Tara said, still smiling.

“Great, okay here’s the thing. I’m really, really sorry about what I said about your dad.” Willow said. “It was rude of me and I tend to say before I think. My foot actually lives in my mouth.”

“Go on.” Tara said, actually softening up.

“And I would like us to be friends, not because I feel guilty or anything, but because your friendship means the most to me.” Willow said honestly. “It never bothered me before whenever someone was this mad at me but when you are, it’s like there’s this pain inside and I can’t stand it. So please, give me a chance to make things right between us. Friends?” she asked, extending her hand.

Tara looked at her hand for a second but decided that maybe this girl really meant it.

“Friends.” Tara declared, taking her hand.

When they shook hands, they were sure that they felt a spark run through them.

“So, what’s with the happiness?” Willow asked.

“I, um, got into Yale.” Tara said.

“Really, that’s great!” Willow said. “That is great isn’t it?”

“It’s terrific. I’ve wanted to go to Yale for a long time.” Tara said.

“Cool, I could actually see you at one of those big fancy colleges.” Willow said. “So-

“Tara, guess what!” a girl yelled, running towards them. “I got an A on my math test!”

“Great job, I knew you could do it.” Tara said.

“It’s all thanks to you Tara!” she yelled. “I might actually have a chance to graduate!” she yelled, running down the corridor.

“You helped her with her homework or something?” Willow asked.

“Yeah, I’m her tutor actually.” Tara said.

“Tutor?” Willow asked.

“Yeah, I volunteered to help kids with their math homework whenever they need it.” Tara said. “It makes sense since my father is the teacher.”

“Oh Tara, there you are!” a woman said, walking towards her. “Your father is waiting for you in his classroom dear.”

“Okay, thank you Mrs. Bancroft.” Tara said.

After the lady left, she turned her attention back to Willow.

“I guess you have to go.” Willow said.

“Yeah. I’ve actually enjoyed talking with you Willow, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Tara said.

“Yeah, see ya!” Willow said.

Just then Buffy came walking behind her.

“Boo!” Buffy yelled in her ear.

“Jesus Christ, don’t fucking do that!” Willow yelled.

“Sorry.” Buffy said. “How did it go with Tara?”

“Better than I expected.” Willow said. “Come on, I have to go to the office.”

“What for?” Buffy asked.

“I think I might need a little help with my math homework.” Willow smiled evilly.

“But you don’t do homework.” Buffy said, furrowing her brow.

“Just come on!” Willow said, hitting the back of Buffy’s head.

Last edited by iloveamber on Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: When Hate Meets Love
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:59 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hello there,

I think you have a very interesting story here. What a twist! Willow the bad student, skipping classes, stealing, smoking, being disrespectful. I'm sure all that's going to change now that Tara is around. She'll be Willow's wake up call. :)
Buffy very funny, :lmao

This is different but interesting. Please continue I want to know how Tara would give Willow the opportunity to shine. :applause

Take care,
Clau.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:18 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oh this is great!!!! Willow the badass! LMAO that is such a great twist! i cant wait to see this story develop! you are off to a great start!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:30 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wow! Loving the story! Willow the bada** that's great! I love it! Can't wait for the update! :dance

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:42 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I'm kinda getting the Cruel Intentions vibe... Willow being all Sabastion ish and Tara being all head masters daughter ish....its awesome. Can't wait for more.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:18 pm 
5. Willowhand

This is really cool! i love the style you've written this.
And Willow sounds HOTTT!!! :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:53 pm 
5. Willowhand

i want more
with a little bit of :wtkiss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:47 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey guys, I'm trying to update this story but school stuff is already starting to kick my ass and it hasn't even started yet! Oh well, just be patient with this one:)

Ch. 4

Later that night at Tara’s…

“Oh honey, I’m so proud of you!” Linda Maclay hugged her daughter.

“Thanks mom.” Tara said, while watching her mother as she gives everyone their plates.

“In honor of this special occasion, I made your favorite. Spaghetti.” Linda smiled.

Tara smiled back and decided to start eating.

“So, how was the rest of your day?” Linda asked.

“Not bad.” Tara said, as she thought of her encounter with Willow. “Do you remember that girl I was tutoring for math? Well, she got an A on her test today.”

“Really, that’s wonderful!” Linda said. “So, are you done now with tutoring?”

“Yes, since no one else has signed up, I can finally take a break from all of that tutoring.” Tara said. “I was thinking I could use my free time to research some more things about Yale before I go there next year.”

Donald Maclay cleared his throat at this.

“I’m sorry dear but it seems like you’re going to have to hold off on your plans for now.” He said.

“Why?” Tara asked.

“It appears that someone signed up on the tutoring list.” He said, sounding aggravated.

“Who?” Tara asked, confused.

Mr. Maclay gave his daughter the sheet and her eyes widened at what she saw.

“Willow signed up?” Tara asked.

“Sadly yes.” He sighed.

“Who is Willow?” Linda asked, while getting the salad.

“A friend.” Tara said.

“A troublemaker.” Donald said.

Tara noticed what her father said and decided to explain.

“She’s just a friend of mine, that’s all mother.” Tara said.

“Yeah, some friend. You said she got you in trouble with the principal on the first day of school.” Donald said.

“Is that true Tara?” Linda asked.

“She didn’t really get me into trouble.” Tara said. “We were just going to be late for class and the principal-

“Class? She doesn’t even go to class!” Donald said.

“That’s not entirely true dad.” Tara said. “She went to your math class remember?”

“Yeah, just to hit on you!” Donald said.

“She hit on you?” Linda asked.

“She just probably signed up so she could get close to you!” Donald said. “I don’t want you tutoring her!”

“Dad, I don’t really have a choice in that. She signed up, I can’t just say no.” Tara said.

“You don’t have feelings for her, do you?” Donald asked.

“That’s ridiculous.” Tara said.

Feeling like his daughter is lying; he said “Are you crazy Tara? You can’t like her; she could ruin your whole future!”

“Donald, calm down!” Linda said.

“Well, are you listening to this?” Donald asked, motioning to Tara. “Your daughter’s willing to throw everything away for some trailer trash!”

“Don’t say that about her!” Tara yelled in his face.

His eyes widened in surprise at the fact that his daughter yelled at him. His daughter never yelled at him before.

“I don’t like her in that way but she is my friend. That’s why I’m going to help her.” Tara said. She knew she had feelings for Willow, but she didn’t want to upset her father anymore.

“Will you promise to keep this strictly professional?” Donald asked.

“I promise that nothing is going to happen between us.” Tara said.

Donald looked at his daughter for a few seconds then said “Fine, you can tutor her.”

He got up and threw his napkin on the table.

“I’m not hungry anymore.” He said then walked upstairs.

Later that night at Willow’s trailer…

Willow’s Voice- “Oh great, back to my dump.”

“Hey mom.” Willow said quickly then descended into her room.

“Hello dear, I thought you were spending the night at Bunny’s tonight?” Sheila asked.

“Its Buffy mom and I am, I just came for my sleeping bag.” Willow said, packing it up.

Just then, her father came into the door.

“God damn motherfucker!” Ira yelled.

“What’s wrong sweetie?” Sheila asked.

“You’ll never guess what happened today! That son of a bitch boss of mine fired me!” Ira yelled.

Willow just ignored her father and kept packing her clothes.

“What are we going to do about money?” Sheila asked.

“Same as we always do. Never get any.” Willow mumbled.

Ira heard that comment and looked over at his daughter. He ignored her and paid attention to his wife.

“I’ll find another job soon hon.” Ira said. “Don’t worry, one of these days, I’m going to get a descent job and buy you the house of your dreams.”

Willow scoffed and said “How many times have we heard that?”

Willow looked up and saw her father looking angrily at her. She just rolled her eyes and grabbed her stuff.

She was almost out the door when her father asked her “Where do you think you’re going?”

“She’s spending the night at her friend Bunny’s house tonight.” Sheila said.

“No she’s not, she’s staying here.” Ira said. “We’re going to spend tonight as a family.” Ira said.

“Oh like the usual dad? Mom and I clean while you sit on your chair with a beer in your hand, drunk as a skunk.” Willow said.

“You watch your mouth Willow.” Ira said. “At least you have a family.”

“Is that what we are?” Willow scoffed, and walked out the door, slamming it behind her.

Back at Tara’s…

Tara decided to take a break from researching about Yale and went downstairs.

When she walked into the kitchen, she noticed her mom doing the dishes.

“Hey mom, can I help?” Tara asked.

“Oh thanks honey, you can dry.” She said, handing her daughter the towel.

“Is dad still angry?” Tara asked.

“No, he’s cooled down.” Linda said. “Why does he hate this Willow so much? Is she not a good student?”

“That doesn’t even sum it up.” Tara said. “I guess because she’s very rebellious and does things that aren’t very good for her.”

“Like what sweetie?” Linda asked, handing her daughter a wet plate.

“Well, she skips school a lot. She smokes, she drinks, and she doesn’t follow rules.” Tara said. “A lot of people don’t like her. They choose to hate her because she doesn’t have a lot of money.”

“But you like her?” Linda asked.

“Yeah.” Tara smiled. “There’s something about her. Something that other people can’t see or don’t even bother to try.”

“It sounds like my daughter’s in love.” Linda said.

“No, that’s impossible.” Tara said.

“Why?” Linda asked, furrowing her brow.

“Because even though I like her, it doesn’t necessarily mean that she’s good for me.” Tara said.

“Good for you or good enough for you?” Linda asked.

“No, her being poor doesn’t have anything to do with this.” Tara said.

Linda turned off the faucet and said “I wasn’t talking about money. Finish these dishes will you? I’m going to bed.”

While washing the dishes, Tara thought about what her mother meant.

Did she really think that Willow wasn’t a good enough person for her to be with?

At Buffy’s…

“God, my father is such an asshole!” Willow said.

“Careful, you got in trouble the last time you used father and asshole in the same sentence.” Buffy said.

“Shut up!” Willow said, hitting Buffy with her pillow. “God, I have to get out of here! I have to get away from my pathetic life. I just need more money.”

“I would say steal it from your dad but-

“Yeah right! The day my dad has money is the day pigs can fly!” Willow said.

“Okay, let’s stop talking about your dad. What’s going on with Tara?” Xander asked.

Buffy scoffed and said “She signed up to be tutored by her.”

“Oh really, what is she going to be teaching you exactly Miss Rosenberg?” Xander laughed.

“Oh yeah, I can’t wait to leave so I can forget about you two!” Willow joked.

“Oh, you really love us!” Xander said, jumping on Willow.

Willow screamed out of surprise and then Buffy jumped on Xander. They fell to the ground in fits of laughter

The next day after school…

Tara was waiting for Willow in her dad’s math class so they can get started, however, Willow was twenty minutes late. Finally when Tara decided to leave, Willow showed up at the doorway.

“Hey.” Willow said.

Tara just rolled her eyes and pushed past Willow.

“Where are you going?” Willow asked, following Tara.

“Home.” Tara put simply.

“Why what’s wrong?” Willow asked.

“What’s wrong? You’re late! I’m taking time out of my day to help you and you don’t even show up!” Tara said, walking down the hall.

“I like to make an entrance?” Willow said, trying to give an excuse.

Tara just sighed and kept walking. She finally stepped outside when Willow stopped her.

“Okay, okay, I was wrong. I’m sorry.” Willow said. “I had some business I had to take care of and I wasted your time and I’m sorry.”

Tara stopped and let Willow’s words sink in.

“I actually thought you wanted to learn.” Tara said.

“I do, please, help me. We’ll just work today and if you don’t want to help me anymore then you don’t have to. But please, give me a chance?” Willow asked, bending down to a nearby rose bush and broke a flower off of it. She handed it to Tara, giving her a cute smile.

Tara smiled and took the rose.

“Alright but please don’t be late anymore.” Tara said.

“I promise if I’m ever late again, you can hit me as many times as you want.” Willow said, following Tara back inside.

A half an hour passed and Willow was doing pretty well on the problems Tara was giving her.

“Here are my answers.” Willow said, handing Tara the paper.

After she checked them all, Tara was surprised.

“Amazing.” Tara breathed.

“Thank you.” Willow said. “I try.”

“For someone who needs help, you’re doing extremely well on your own.” Tara said.

“I’m a closet genius.” Willow smiled.

“You’re doing pretty well; I don’t think you need my help.” Tara said.

“Uh, yeah I do.” Willow stammered. “See, I don’t know this one here.” She lied, pointing at a problem in the book.

“Oh, this one’s easy. You see all you do-

Tara looked into Willow’s eyes and again, they got lost in each other’s gaze.

Willow decided to go for it. She leaned closer and their lips were centimeters apart.

Tara didn’t know what to do. Her brain told her to pull away and leave but her heart was saying don’t even blink. She could feel Willow’s breath on her lips. She couldn’t move away.

“Tara, the session’s over, it’s time to go home.” Donald said, walking in.

Hearing her father’s voice, she pulled away, looking guilty.

Donald knew exactly what was going to happen but he decided to talk to Tara about it later.

“Get your stuff.” Donald said Tara, looking evilly at Willow.

Willow just avoided his eyes.

“Okay, um, just work on these problems tonight Willow and I’ll check them tomorrow.” Tara said, writing in Willow’s book.

“Yeah, okay.” Willow said.

Tara flashed her a smile then left the classroom with her dad.

Willow’s Voice- “Awkward position I was in I must say. But did you see that? She didn’t pull away, well, until he walked in and ruined another good moment. It’s alright. I’ll just start rule two. Friendship.”

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:43 pm 
3. Flaming O

*faints* Good godess! I love the part where Willow and Tara were about to kiss! I don't like Tara's father! Ruining all the good moments! Wooooo! Tara is falling for Willow! Hee hee hee! :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce Can't wait to see what's in store for W/T! :-D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:38 am 
3. Flaming O

Excellent Update!

Quote:
“In honor of this special occasion, I made your favorite. Spaghetti.” Linda smiled.

That's what I ordered at the Olive Garden last night! (Olive Garden is an italian restaurant)

I love the pace of this story and the amount of dialogue!

Keep the updates coming.........I'm loving them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:37 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey, sorry I haven’t updated in awhile. I wanted this one to be good so I spent extra time on it. Oh well, enjoy it and please leave me plenty of feedback people!!!!

The next day was a rather slow one for Tara. She couldn’t get Willow out of her mind.

‘We were almost going to kiss!’ she thought. ‘I was going to let her. But who could blame me? Those lips looked so soft, I wonder- No! No, I have to stop this right now. Oh, thank god I have gym next. That way I can at least concentrate in one of my classes today.’

An hour later, Tara figured out that that wasn’t possible. She still couldn’t stop thinking about her.

‘What am I going to do?’ Tara thought as she got dressed in the locker room.

Meanwhile, Cordelia and a couple of other girls were watching Tara from around the corner. They decided it was time to talk to her.

“Hi, Tara right?” Cordelia asked.

Tara looks up and sees three girls standing right in front of her.

“Uh, yes.” Tara says, her brow furrowed.

“Sorry, my name is Cordelia Chase.” She says, extending her hand.

Tara took it and said “Tara Maclay.”

“Oh, this is Rebecca and that’s Michelle.” Cordy said, introducing the two other girls.

“Hi.” Tara said, nervously.

‘Why are these popular girls talking to me?’ Tara thought.

“Sorry to bother you but we had to talk to you about something important.” Cordy said.

“Okay.” Tara said, putting her gym clothes.

“You see, we’ve been noticing you lately and we’ve noticed that you’re starting to hang with a certain someone.” Cordy said.

“Yeah, a bad someone.” Rebecca piped up.

Tara just looked at them confused and said “I don’t understand.”

“Duh, she means Red.” Michelle said.

“Red?” Tara asked.

“Yeah, Willow Rosenberg?” Rebecca said.

“Oh Willow.” Tara said. “I never call her Red, that’s why-

“It doesn’t matter, we just wanted to tell you to be careful.” Cordy interrupted.

“What do you mean be careful?” Tara asked.

“Look, we know a lot about you.” Cordy said. “We know that you’re smart, your dad’s the math teacher and that you got into a really big school.”

“Yeah, very big.” Rebecca said, nodding her head enthusiastically.

“How did you-

“That’s not important. Look, you have a great future in line for you and if you get involved with Red, well, you can kiss it goodbye.” Cordy said.

“It’s gone.” Rebecca said.

“I don’t know what you heard but I’m not getting involved with Willow.” Tara said, closing her gym locker.

“We didn’t have to hear it, we see it everyday.” Cordy said.

“It’s right in our faces.” Rebecca said.

“Yeah, you give her the same looks that I used to give her.” Michelle said.

“I’m sorry?” Tara asked, confused.

“What, you never heard about that?” Cordy asked.

“Heard about what?” Tara asked.

“Wow, you’re getting all hot for Red and you don’t even know of her reputation or anything.” Cordy said, surprised.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about but I’ve got to go.” Tara lied, trying to walk away but Cordy grabbed her arm.

“Wait, you have to hear this.” Cordy said. “Michelle, tell her.”

“Okay, so this is like what happened, okay?” Michelle said. “I was new to this school and Red comes bumping into me, making me drop my books all over the floor, right? So she bent down and picked them up, saying she was sorry, you know? She even pretended to yell at someone for knocking her into me.”

Tara’s face fell and remembered the first day of school. She remembered that Willow did that exact same thing to her.

“So, anyway, she introduces herself and invites me to the Bronze to hang out with her, right?” Michelle said. “I couldn’t say no you know? She was just so charming or whatever and her eyes-

“Get back to the story Michelle!” Rebecca yelled.

“Oh yeah, right!” Michelle said, shaking those thoughts out of her head. “Anyway, I go to the Bronze and we hung out and drank all night you know? Then she asked for my phone number and I gave it to her, okay? So the next day, we start talking before school and for some reason, I let her convince me to skip my classes. So I go with her and she takes me to the mall and she starts to steal these cd’s. And I like asked her ‘What the hell are you doing’, you know?”

“It’s true.” Cordy and Rebecca said at the same time.

Tara just crossed her arms and listened to this girl’s story. She remembered that Willow invited her to the Bronze during class.

“The security guards started chasing us out of the mall and we rode our bikes down a couple of blocks.” Michelle said. “I started yelling at her for stealing that stuff because I didn’t want to get in trouble, you know? So she apologized and gave me a rose.”

“If you don’t know, that’s like her signature thing.” Cordy told Tara. “The rose always gets girls to soften up to her.”

Tara thought back to when Willow gave her a rose after she was late for tutoring. She decided to keep on listening to see what else happened.

“Yeah, so she took me out to dinner that night to make it up to me and afterwards, she took me to a rundown looking old house.” Michelle said. “She started lighting candles and telling me I was beautiful and everything, you know?”

“Wait until you hear the next part.” Rebecca said.

“So she turned on her super charming ways and I didn’t have any will power, right?” Michelle said. “So, after a few minutes, we get into this heated make-out session, you know? Clothes ended up on the floor and she took out a digital camera. She kept telling me I was gorgeous and that she wanted a picture of me for her personal collection. So, I let her and we end up sleeping together that night and when I wake up, she’s gone!”

“Ugh, that’s not even the worst part!” Cordy said, rolling her eyes.

“Yeah, so I sneak back into my house to change for school that day, right? So I get there and I walk up the steps and everyone’s pointing and laughing at me.” Michelle said, tears forming in her eyes.

“It’s okay, go on.” Rebecca said, rubbing her shoulders.

“Ugh, it’s just too hard to say.” Michelle said.

“What happened?” Tara asked, getting even more concerned. ‘What could Willow have done to this poor girl?’

“I walk into the hall and there’s this big crowd of people, looking at the wall in front of them, laughing.” Michelle said, tears flowing down. “I push through the crowd to see what it is and when I get a clear view, I see this huge picture of me naked in one of my poses that I did for her. Written underneath the picture in big letters was the word SLUT.”

Michelle was now covering her face with her hands, letting the tears flow.

Tara didn’t know what to say. ‘Willow was so nice to me. How could someone as sweet as her do something that horrible?’

“So, you see how awful she is now?” Cordy said.

“She hasn’t been awful to me.” Tara said, trying to defend Willow.

“Well, she will!” Rebecca said, still comforting the crying Michelle. “Look, what she did to Michelle! She’s already literally slept with every girl in the school. It’s just a matter of time before she gets you.”

Michelle looked up at Tara with tearful eyes. “Yeah, people told me how she was after what she already did to me! You’re lucky you have us.”

“Yeah, I even heard that she slept with her religion teacher! Can you believe that?”

“Our advice is to stay away from her as much as possible.” Cordy said. “If you don’t, you’ll just become another joke for her to brag about to her friends.”

“Thanks for the warning but I have to get to my math class now.” Tara said then walked out. She for sure wasn’t going to be able to concentrate in class now, especially with Willow in the room.

Tara was now in math class and for the first time in her life, she had trouble concentrating. When she first arrived, she noticed that Willow wasn’t in the room yet. She still didn’t arrive after the bell rang. She was starting to think that if Willow didn’t want to go to class, then maybe the whole tutoring thing was just a ruse to get closer to her.

‘But maybe it wouldn’t be so bad for us to get closer.’ Tara thought. Her mind reverted to naughty thoughts and her face started to get flushed. ‘Oh god, I have to get out of here!’ she thought.

She raised her hand and asked if she could go to the bathroom. Of course her father said yes and she practically stormed out of there.

In the bathroom, she splashed water all over her face and looked up in the mirror.

‘There’s no way that Willow could have done that to Michelle.’ Tara thought. ‘Maybe she just told me that because she wanted revenge against Willow. She could have made that whole story up. But there’s a good chance that she didn’t. Damn, I’m so confused! I don’t know what to believe. Is Willow good-hearted or is she really this horrible monster? And if she is, are my feelings getting in the way from seeing that?’

Tara shook those thoughts out of her head and she grabbed a towel to dry off her face. She decided it was time to head back to class before she was late.

On the way back, she passed the music room. She saw that the door was very slightly open so she looked in it. Inside, she saw her redhead with her eyes closed, playing the guitar.

‘Oh my god, look at her. She is just too cute for words.’ Tara thought.

Willow was playing ‘Fade Into You’ by Mazzy Star and she was getting lost in the music as she always does. The whole world always seemed to disappear whenever she played which was the reason why she didn’t see her blonde goddess standing there, peeking in.

‘Wow, I didn’t even know she played.’ Tara thought. ‘That music is just so heavenly, I could just-

“Excuse me, do you have a hall pass?” the hall monitor asked while grabbing Tara’s shoulders.

Tara slowly turned around and saw a much larger boy who really seemed to take his job seriously.

“Um, not exactly, you see-

“If you don’t have a hall pass, what are you doing out of class?” he asked, his voice rising.

Willow heard yelling outside and stopped playing. She got up and walked to the door.

Tara was too afraid that she didn’t hear the music stop.

“If you don’t have a hall pass, I’m going to have to give you a detention.” He said, taking out his notepad.

“No please, I’ve never got one before and I don’t even know where the room is!” Tara said, starting to get scared.

“Well, I don’t care-

“Hey, what’s going on here?” Willow asked.

Tara looked to where the voice came from and saw Willow. ‘Oh my god, there she is. What do I do?’ she thought.

The boy looked up and his face lit up.

“Willow, how’s it going?” he asked, slapping her hand.

“Nothing much, just playing a little.” She said, pointing to the music room. “Well, what’s wrong here?”

“Oh nothing, just that this girl was hanging out by this door when she should be in class.” He said, scowling at her.

His features scared Tara a little so she tried to make herself small.

The boy went to write on his notepad again but a hand stopped him.

“It’s cool, she’s with me.” Willow told him.

He looked up at her and said “Come on Willow, don’t lie to me.”

“I’m not lying; she was going to get me a glass of water.” Willow said.

“So, where is it?” he asked.

Willow looked to Tara and asked “Yeah, where is it?”

“I um… dropped it on accident and had to go clean it up. I just came back to tell you that they don’t have anymore water bottles.” Tara lied.

‘Hmm, excellent lie.’ Willow thought.

“She’s really with you Willow?” he asked again.

“Of course she is man. She’s my new singer for the band I’m trying to put together.” Willow smiled. “We were just practicing.”

“Alright, if you say so.” He said. “At least I know you now; you can walk around these halls anytime you want since you’re a close friend of Willow’s.”

Tara’s eyes widened at this and she said “Thank you very much.”

“Not a problem but what is your name?” he asked.

“Tara Maclay.” She said.

“Cool, I’m Justin Tyler.” He said. “See you later Willow.” then walked away.

“Bye man.” Willow said.

Tara turned to Willow and saw her staring at her. Willow just smiled and walked back into the music room. Tara knew she should get back to class but she felt like she had to personally thank her knight in shining armor.

When Tara walked in, she saw that Willow was already getting started to play. Willow didn’t notice she was there until she closed the door.

Willow looked up and said “You’re still here? Shouldn’t you be going back to class?”

“I just wanted to say thank you.” Tara said.

“Oh, it’s no problem.” Willow shrugged.

Willow thought for a second and asked her “What were you doing outside the door anyway?”

Tara shifted uncomfortably and said “Your music lured me. I was walking to class until I heard it. I was getting into it until he found me.” She pointed out the door.

“He really gave you a scare huh?” Willow smirked.

“Well, I’ve never gotten a detention before and if wasn’t for you, then… Tara trailed off.

Tara decided to be daring for once so she decided to stay in the room.

“What was that you were playing?” she asked.

“Oh, it was Mazzy Star.” Willow said. She looked at Tara and noticed the confusion.

“You do know who Mazzy Star is right?” Willow asked.

Tara shook her head and Willow’s eyes grew wide.

“Wow, really? Well, what kind of music do you listen to?” Willow asked.

“Mostly soft rock.” Tara said. “It depends on my mood.”

“Oh so you don’t go to any of those crazy concerts?” Willow asked.

Tara looked down and said “Actually, I’ve never been to a concert before.”

“You’re kidding me?” Willow said, surprised. “Well, that’s going to change. I’m going to personally make sure that you go to at least one before you die.”

Tara did her half-smile and thought ‘There is no way that this woman could have done that to Michelle. I can see the sincerity in her eyes. I’ll just have to be careful.’

“Willow, how come you aren’t in class right now?” Tara asked.

Willow looked ashamed and said “Okay, you caught me. I’m sorry, I just can’t stand class. It’s too fucking boring.” Her eyes widened when she forgot to watch her language around the blonde.

“Uh, I mean-

“It’s okay Willow. You don’t have to watch your mouth around me. I’m not a five year-old.” Tara smiled.

Willow felt a relief that the blonde didn’t get angry with her.

“But you should go to class Will. Doing that alone is half the battle and what about the tests?” Tara asked.

“Alright, you win. I’ll go to class from now on. I promise.” Willow said, rolling her eyes.

“Good, well, I should be getting back.” Tara said.

“Yeah, your dad’s probably wondering where you are.” Willow smiled.

“Yeah.” Tara breathed. “Okay then, bye.”

“See ya.” Willow said then watched her leave.

It was finally lunch and Willow told the gang about what happened.

“Aw, that is so cute.” Buffy commented. “You saved her from the big bad hall monitor?” she teased.

“Shut the fuck up Buff!” Willow pushed her.

“Hey yeah, Willow’s a knight with a sword and when a detention slip comes after Tara, she slices it in half.” Xander laughed. “Willow has once again, saved the day.”

“Hmm, wish I could do something like that.” Buffy frowned.

“Will you guys shut up?” Faith said. “So let me get this straight Red. You were alone with her and you didn’t take advantage?”

Willow shifted and said “It didn’t feel like the right time.”

“Bullshit! I think you’re wimping out!” Faith said.

“I wasn’t wimping, I was thinking!” Willow said.

“I didn’t even know you could do that.” Faith said. “Come on, when it comes to the ladies, Red doesn’t think, she just fucks!”

Willow just sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Just stay out of it and let me handle it, okay Faith?” Willow asked, getting angry.

“Fine, do what you have to.” Faith said, putting up her hands.

Meanwhile, Tara was sitting in her usual spot under the tree. She was supposed to be studying but she kept stealing quick glances at the redhead sitting across the field. She enjoyed watching her with her friends. The way she laughed and messed around with them. She only wished that she had friends like that.

‘Wait, who is that?’ Tara thought, commenting about a girl who walked up to Willow.

“Incoming.” Xander said.

Willow looked up and saw one of her old girlfriends, Jennifer. Again.

Willow’s Voice- “Aw shit! Jennifer. You guys remember her when she wrote her number on my hand, right? Yeah well, I still didn’t call her so I guess now I’m going to have to face her. *shakes her head* Shit!!”

“Hi Willow.” Jennifer said sweetly.

“Oh hey Jennifer.” Willow said.

“I was wondering why you didn’t call me.” She said.

“Yeah, you see, what happened was that, I got in the shower and your number rubbed off. Sorry.” Willow said.

“Well, here, this time you can’t lose it.” She said, writing it on her hand again but with a sharpie this time.

At the same time, Tara was still looking at the display going on in front of her.

‘Who is that girl? What is she writing on my Willow’s hand? Wait, my Willow? When did she become mine?’ Tara thought as she tried not to let her jealousy get the best of her. Once she saw the girl leave, she thought. ‘Yeah, just keep walking!’

Once Jennifer left, Willow sighed.

“Damn, now this is going to be hard to take off!” she said.

“What’s wrong with Jennifer?” Faith asked.

“She’s so fucking annoying!” Willow said.

“I agree.” Buffy said.

“No one asked you!” Faith said.

Buffy just scowled at her.

While Buffy and Faith were having their little fight as usual, Willow turned and saw Tara studying under a tree.

‘She looks lonely.’ Willow thought. ‘I should go over there.’

Willow got up and Faith said “Hey Red, where are you going?”

Willow showed Faith with her eyes and Faith just nodded.

“Aw, are you going to woo her?” Xander asked.

“What?” Willow asked, confused.

“Woo her.” Xander repeated louder.

“What?” Willow asked again, still not understanding the word.

“Forget it, just go.” Xander said, rolling his eyes.

Tara was finally getting engrossed in her studying when a shadow crept on her book. She looked up to see who was hovering over her and saw the green eyes she’s been longing to see.

“Hey.” Willow said.

“Hey.” Tara repeated.

“I was wondering if you could help me.” Willow said, trying to find an excuse to get the blonde away from her studying.

“Oh, okay.” Tara smiled, grabbing the math book from Willow’s hands.

Willow sat next to her and they started their study session.

Meanwhile, a pair of eyes was watching them from a window in the school building. Tara’s father was eating his sandwich and watching them at the same time. He watched as his Willow would play around with Tara and come up with ways to touch her. Although his daughter was very bright, he felt like she didn’t have a clue about Willow’s actions. Tara just playfully slapped Willow and laughed. Even though he was up pretty high, he could still see the affectionate glances that his daughter gives the redhead.

‘She may have gotten every girl at this school but she is not going to get Tara.’ He thought. ‘I’ve got to stop this once and for all.’

It was finally after school and Willow was going to see Tara again. She was waiting all day after lunch to see her. Since lunch, she felt like Tara was starting to like her a little bit more. That just got Willow even more excited.

Willow opened the classroom door but no one was in there except Tara’s father.

Donald looked at the door when it opened and was surprised to see who was there.

“Willow Rosenberg.” Donald said. “I’m trying to get you into my classroom but you finally come when there is no class.”

“Sorry, uh, I’m supposed to meet Tara for tutoring.” Willow said.

“It’s Friday Willow. There are no tutoring sessions on Tuesdays or Fridays.” He told her.

“Oh okay. Sorry to disturb you.” She said then turned to leave.

“Wow, my daughter taught you how to be proper too?” he asked.

Willow turned and said “No, I learned that from watching movies.” She smirked.

“Come here Willow, I want to have a talk to you.” He said, sitting on his desk.

She walked over to him and sat on a nearby school desk.

“What’s up?” she asked.

“What are you doing?” he asked her.

“I don’t understand.” She said, confused.

“Yes you do. What are you doing with my daughter?” he asked.

“Befriending her?” she said.

“Don’t lie to me. What are your intentions?” he asked.

“Uh, well, I-

“I know very well of your reputation.” He said. “I know what kind of person you are.”

“Oh really and what is that?” she asked, with attitude.

“You’re poison.” He said. “And you’ve hurt every girl in this school but I’m not going to let you do that to my daughter.”

“I don’t want to hurt your daughter.” Willow defended.

“That’s the thing about you.” He said. “Even when you don’t want to hurt someone, you will. It’s in your nature.”

“Bullshit! You think you know me?” Willow said, her voice rising.

“I know enough about you.” He said. “You don’t get it. Tara has her future set for her. But if she gets involved with someone like you, it will just be destroyed!”

“I know how much this means to Tara!” Willow yelled. “And I don’t want-

“Yeah if you know how much then you would stay away from her! You’re too different for each other!” he said. “She’s going to an Ivy League school and you’re still scrounging around for change at your trailer park!”

Willow started getting angry at him for mentioning her home life like that. She jumped off the desk and went straight to his face.

“I love my daughter and I don’t want to see her get hurt.” He said. He grabbed her arm and said “Now, you are going to stay away from Tara or else!”

“Or else what, you’ll hit me?” Willow challenged.

“Worse than that. I’m going to see to it that you never graduate.” He said. “Which means that you’ll be stuck here forever and you still won’t be able to see Tara ever again!”

Willow was going to say something but she didn’t want to stay in this shit hole town anymore. That was the reason she agreed to the bet in the first place.

Willow turned to the door and was about to open it when Mr. Maclay opened his mouth again.

“She’s too good for you Willow.” He said.

She froze when she heard this.

“She’s the greatest human being alive and you’re just trailer trash.” He said.

She closed her eyes and tried to keep her anger inside. She knew she could hit this guy all the way back to last Tuesday but if Tara found out, she wouldn’t like her anymore.

Willow just opened the door and walked out.

While walking down the hall, she muttered “Trash huh? We’ll I’ll show you, you bastard!”

Willow’s Voice- “Okay, as you can tell, I’m pretty pissed off. So who could blame for what I did to him? It wasn’t the smart thing to do but I wanted to hurt him somehow and at the same time, get something in return. But it does ruin everything. Damn my anger. I should go into anger management.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:13 pm 
8. Vixen

oh no, what's gonna happen? can i kick faith?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:29 am 
3. Flaming O

Ahh!!! What happens? WHAT HAPPENS?

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:18 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey, sorry that this one’s shorter. I’m trying to lengthen this out. Just give me time. But trust me, it’ll be worth the wait.

Willow was walking faster and faster until she got to the sign ‘Sunnydale Trailer Park Residence’. She walked up to the trailer and banged on the door really loud. She waited a few seconds but no one came. She banged harder and a dark figure opened the door.

“What?” Faith said, angry that someone was trying to get in her trailer. “Who’s there?”

Faith opened the door and was surprised by who she saw there.

“Red, what are you doing here?” Faith asked. “I thought we were meeting later at the Bronze?”

“I need your help.” Willow said anger evident in her eyes.

Faith just looked confused but decided to let her in.

Twenty minutes has passed and Willow told Faith about her wicked plan.

“Shit, that is so fucking awesome Red!” Faith said. “Do you think we’ll be able to pull it off?”

“Why not, I had Justin give me the keys to the school.” Willow smirked while holding them up in front of Faith’s face.

Faith took them from her and looked at them. She looked back at Willow and asked “Wait, why do you really want to do this? You haven’t been in the mood to steal anything ever since we started this bet.”

“He just… struck a nerve, that’s all.” Willow said, thinking about Tara’s dad.

“You sure this is what you want to do?” Faith asked.

“Hey, what’s with all the fucking questions, huh?” Willow asked, getting angrier. “You’re more evil than me; I’m surprised this was my idea in the first place. Now are you with me or not because I can do this by myself!”

Willow got up and snatched the keys from Faith’s hand. Faith stopped her from going out the door and said “Hey! I’m with you okay? Just fucking relax.” She sighed.

Willow just sighed and said “No one knows. This will be our secret, okay?” she asked, reaching out her hand.

“Deal.” Faith said, taking it in her own. “It’ll be our secret.”

Ten minutes later, they finally arrived at the school. They were both dressed in black and were wearing those black ski masks over their faces. They hid their bikes in some nearby bushes so that the security guard couldn’t see them. They snuck to the front door and Willow was trying a few keys but none of them would work.

“What’s wrong?” Faith asked, noticing that none of them were working.

“Just give me a second; there are a lot of them.” Willow said, going through each one.

After a while, she finally found the right one and they turned on their flashlights so they could see inside. Their bodies stayed close to the walls while tiptoeing to Snyder’s office. They were about to turn a corner when the security guard came. They watched as he took a drink of water and was walking straight towards them.

“Holy shit, what do we do?” Faith whispered.

“Stay close to the wall and in the darkness.” Willow whispered.

The security guard walked by them whistling. Since they were dressed in all black, he couldn’t see them. He kept walking down the hall and turned around the corner.

Noticing that he was gone, Faith and Willow let out the breath that they were holding.

“Come on.” Willow whispered.

They finally made it to Snyder’s office and again, Willow had a hard time finding the key. Once she did, they ran inside and locked the door behind them.

“Come on and help me look.” Willow said, noticing that Faith was looking out for the security guard. “Don’t worry about it, he’s gone.”

“Just have to make sure. My probation officer would kill me if he found out about this.” Faith said, opening some of Snyder’s drawers.

She opened one and started giggling.

Willow looked at her confused and asked “What?”

“Check this out!” Faith said.

She picked up a magazine from Snyder’s drawer and Willow laughed.

“Damn, how many Penthouses does he have in there?” Willow asked, shifting them around.

“Geez, no wonder he’s in his office all day.” Faith smiled. “You’ve been naughty this year Snyder.” She said, closing the drawer.

“Hey, I found them.” Willow said, while Faith shone her flashlight on what Willow was holding.

She picked up the papers and smiled.

“Okay but which one is his?” she asked, looking through them.

After a few seconds of searching, she finally found the paper that said Donald Maclay.

“You got it?” Faith asked.

“Yep, let’s see you be the big man now when you don’t bring home your paycheck Mr. Maclay.” Willow smiled evilly.

“Cool, come on, we got to go.” Faith said, grabbing Willow. Willow shut the drawers and they ran outside.

They grabbed their bikes from the bushes and wheeled them out away from the school.

“This is going to be so sweet. I can’t wait to see his face.” Faith said, getting on her bike.

Willow just looked at the check in her hands and got a weird feeling. She stared at the check and thought of Tara. Tara’s eyes, Tara’s hair and Tara’s smile.

‘I can’t do this, can I?’ Willow thought. ‘Wait, why can’t I? I’m bad, I’m a thief… But Tara.’

Willow literally shook her head from thoughts about Tara and stuffed the check in her pocket.

‘Why do I even care?’ Willow thought. ‘Oh well, I’m not hurting her anyway. I mean, how is her father’s paycheck going to do anything in her life?’

Willow jumped on her bike and chased after Faith down the street. They started riding fast and decided to enjoy the rest of the night. Little did Willow know, the damage that she had just caused.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:47 am 
5. Willowhand

i like this story!!
damn willow!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:40 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey guys, here’s another one. A lot longer too! I did mention my favorite band in here and they will be mentioned a few times so don’t be surprised. Well, enjoy this and keep leaving me feedback!

Meanwhile at Tara’s…

The family just finished dinner and now they were playing scrabble.

‘This is just sad. It’s a Friday night and again, I spend it with my parents. Not to mention we’re playing this dumb board game.’ Tara thought, with her head lying in her hand. ‘I wonder what Willow’s doing right now.’

“Okay, that’s more points for me. I made the word enthusiastic.” Donald smiled.

“Oh, good job honey.” Linda said, touching his shoulder. “Okay, it’s your turn Tara.”

Noticing that there was no movement, they both looked at Tara who seemed to be off in her own little world.

“Sweetheart?” Linda asked, touching Tara’s shoulder.

Tara woke from her thoughts of Willow and noticed that her parents were staring at her.

“What?” she asked.

“It’s your turn.” Linda said.

“Oh, right.” Tara said then made the word Red.

“Oh red, that’s my favorite color.” Linda said.

“Mine too.” Tara smiled, thinking of Willow.

“Okay, stop this!” Donald said.

“Stop what?” Tara asked, eyes widened.

“You know what!” Donald said, his voice rising. “It’s another reference to that Rosenberg girl.”

Tara just looked down while Linda was looking around confused.

“I don’t understand dear. How is that a reference?” Linda asked.

“Everyone at school calls her Red.” He said. “You know, it’s the bad, evil color so that’s why she got stuck with that nickname.”

“She’s not bad.” Tara muttered quietly.

“What, are you kidding me?” Donald asked. “I’m surprised she hasn’t gone to jail yet.”

“What would she go to jail for?” Linda asked.

“Everything she wants, she steals.” Donald said. “Snyder even told me that she and her friends stole the school’s VCR.”

Meanwhile, Tara was listening to her father’s ranting about Willow. She couldn’t stand someone talking about her like that.

‘No one knows her like I do.’ Tara thought. ‘It’s like she’s this different person around me.’

She couldn’t take her dad badmouthing her anymore so Tara decided to speak up.

“Just stop it dad!” Tara yelled.

He immediately shut up when he heard his daughter’s voice rise.

“You don’t know her okay?” Tara said. “You don’t know how kind and thoughtful she can be.”

“Oh come on, she got to you too.” Donald said.

“What are you talking about?” Tara asked.

“She’s trying to get you to like her so she can just get close to you.” Donald said. “I’ve seen you hang out with her.”

Tara just avoided his eyes and tried to push her anger deep inside of her.

‘God, I’ve never felt this angry towards my dad before.’ She thought, clenching her jaw.

Linda turned her attention to her daughter and said “Sweetie, I really think that you should be careful. I do not like the things I’m hearing.”

“Don’t worry, I took care of it.” Donald muttered.

Tara’s head quickly shot up and she said “What do you mean you took care of it?”

Donald now realized what he said out loud and he tried to avoid his daughter’s eyes.

“Well, I, uh-

Tara noticed that he was stammering and that just made her want to know even more.

“Dad, what did you do?” Tara asked anger evident in her voice.

“Nothing, she came by today after school for tutoring and I just told her what days were tutoring, that’s all.” Donald said.

“That’s not it, now tell me!” Tara yelled.

“Tara, calm down.” Linda said, touching her shoulder.

“I may have told her to… not hang out with you as much.” Donald said, quietly.

“How much?” Tara asked.

“Like, not at all.” Donald said.

“You told her to stay away from me?” Tara asked. “How could you do such a thing?”

“Because it’s for your own good!” Donald said. “I don’t want you hanging out with someone like that. If you do, you might start acting like her!”

“It is not your choice to say who I hang out with!” Tara said.

“I’ll get involved if it means you’re going to throw your whole life away!” Donald said. “Now I don’t want you anywhere near her, do you understand me?”

Tara just avoided his eyes and ran up the stairs into her room. Donald and his wife flinched when they heard the door slam really loud.

“Donald-

“You don’t understand Linda. She’s not good enough for our daughter.” Donald said. “If you saw her, you would know what I mean.

He then walked into the living room and sat on the couch to relax.

Meanwhile, Tara was in her room, sitting on her bed.

‘How could he do that? He had no right!’ Tara thought. ‘I have the right to be friends with whoever I want!’

Tara looked at the clock and saw that it was already going to be nine-thirty. She realized it was getting late and that she should go to bed. She reached for her drawer for her brush but when she opened it, she saw a piece of paper. She grabbed it and opened it.

‘The address to the Bronze that Willow gave me.’ She thought, remembering when she gave it to her in class.

She wanted to go but the thought of curfew raced through her mind.

She thought for a few more seconds and said “Screw curfew.”

She got up and grabbed her jacket from her closet. “If seeing Willow means I have to be bad then so be it!” she said, suddenly feeling a lot of courage. “I just hope she’s there.”

At the Bronze…

Buffy and Xander were sitting on the couch, watching Faith and Willow shoot pool.

“Oh yeah, I just won me twenty bucks!” Willow said, shooting her last ball in the pocket. “Cough it over.” She said to Faith.

“Yeah, yeah, you just got lucky.” Faith said, giving her the money.

Willow grabbed the money and started dancing crazy. “I’m in the money!” she sang.

Xander and Buffy just looked at Willow skeptically.

“What is with you tonight Will?” Buffy asked, her brow furrowed.

“What do you mean?” Willow asked, taking a few more chugs from her beer.

“She means you’ve been acting really happy all night. Are you on medication?” Xander asked, smiling.

“No, no, I just realized that life is really great!” Willow said, obviously tipsy. “I mean, tonight has been going really, really well!” she said, thinking about the check in her pocket.

“Okay, I think you’ve had one too many tonight.” Buffy said, taking the beer away.

“Fine take it, I don’t get drunk that easily anyway.” Willow said. “It’ll wear off in about a half hour or so.”

“It’s true, it will.” Faith said, taking a sip of her beer.

“You know, I’ve been having fun here but I think we should move this party somewhere else.” Willow said. “I need some new cd’s!” she yelled.

Faith and Willow were about to walk towards the door when Buffy grabbed Willow’s arm.

“What are you doing?” Buffy asked, concerned.

“Just living up to my reputation.” Willow said. “Everyone thinks I’m worthless so I guess I could prove that they’re right.”

“Don’t do this Will.” Buffy said. “You haven’t stolen anything in a while. Not since Tara arrived.”

“Yeah, it’s time I make up for it.” Willow said.

“What would Tara say about this?” Buffy asked, trying to convince her friend not to go.

“Do you think I give a fuck?” Willow said, yanking her arm away. “Tara’s not here so I can be the Willow everyone hates!”

“Uh, I’d think twice about that. Look!” Xander said, pointing to the door.

They all looked to where Xander was pointing and saw Tara walk through the door.

“Oh thank god.” Buffy said, happy that her friend won’t do anything she would regret later.

“Damn, she looks good tonight.” Faith said.

Willow eyed her and started to drool at what she was wearing. Tara had black jeans on with a low cut black top that revealed her stomach. Her blonde her was down and looked more gorgeous than ever.

“I’ll be back.” Willow said, still surprised.

Tara looked through the crowd of people to see if she could find Willow but there were too many.

‘Maybe this was a bad idea.’ Tara thought. ‘No. I don’t care! I’ll show my dad. I’ll show him that Willow and I aren’t that different. I can be just as bad!’

She then noticed the light from the bar hit something red coming her way. She smiled right away for she knew who it was.

“Hey.” Willow yelled over the music.

“Hi.” Tara yelled back.

“What are you doing here?” Willow asked, wondering why she wasn’t in bed already.

“You invited me remember?” Tara asked, giving Willow the piece of paper.

Willow took it and smiled.

“I just figured you’d be in bed right now!” she yelled. “I mean, not that I’m thinking of you in bed. But not that you’re not thinkable, it’s just-

“Yeah well, curfew’s been extended.” Tara smiled at Willow’s babble.

Willow smiled back and said “Cool, well come on, come hang with me and my friends!”

Willow led Tara back to her gang and introduced her.

“Tara, this is Buffy, Xander and Faith.” Willow said.

“Hey.” They said in unison.

“You guys, this is Tara.” Willow said.

“Hi.” She said.

Faith walked up to Tara and said “Wow, you look yummy tonight.”

Tara grew nervous to have someone she hardly knew that close to her.

“Um-

“Faith, back off. Calm your libido.” Willow said, pushing Faith away.

Suddenly, there was an extremely uncomfortable silence between everybody.

“So, your dad’s the math teacher?” Buffy asked, trying to get a conversation going.

“Uh yeah.” Tara said, starting to get angry again from the mentioning of her father.

“Well duh Blondie! We’re only in the same class and he’s our teacher for fucking sakes!” Faith said.

“Shut up!” Buffy yelled, making a face at Faith.

Willow rolled her eyes at them and turned to Tara “Hey, do you want a coke or something?”

Just then, a waiter was bringing vodka in shot glasses to a table. Tara went up to him and grabbed a couple and drank them really fast.

Once it went down, Tara made a face of disgust towards it.

“Alright, Miss Goody likes to party!” Faith smiled.

Buffy, Xander and Willow just watched in surprise.

Willow grabbed Tara and took her to an isolated area where the music wasn’t so loud.

“Hey, are you okay?” Willow asked, concerned.

Finally feeling the effects of the alcohol, Tara said “I’m doing just great! I’m having fun for once!”

“I just didn’t know that you drank.” Willow said.

“I don’t but there’s a first for everything. And I mean everything.” Tara said, emphasizing the last word.

Willow shuddered at how husky Tara’s voice sounded.

‘God this woman’s too sexy for words. But no, I can’t take advantage of her. Not like this, not ever.’ Willow thought.

“You’re sure that you’re okay? Did something happen?” Willow asked, immediately not recognizing this woman in front of her.

“No, well maybe but I’d rather just have fun tonight with you.” Tara said, touching Willow’s nose. “Come on.” Then she led Willow back to the group.

Back at Tara’s house, Donald and Linda were getting ready for bed.

“Maybe I should go and apologize.” Donald said. “She’s been in her room all night.”

“I think she just needs some time to cool off.” Linda comforted. “She needs some space right now.”

“Yeah, maybe you’re right.” Donald said.

He turned off the light and they got into bed.

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke up.

“Do you think I was wrong?” Donald asked.

“About Willow?” Linda asked.

“Yeah, I mean I don’t really know her that well. I’ve just listened to the rumors.” Donald said.

“You’re just looking out for Tara. You want what’s best for her.” She said. “All fathers do but you can’t protect her forever. Especially when she goes to Yale.” She said. “I think you should get to know Willow. Like Tara does.” Linda said. “Then you can judge her for yourself.”

“Yeah, maybe I should apologize to Willow on Monday.” Donald said.

“You should because I think if she really wants to, Willow could be a good influence on Tara.” Linda said.

“Chug, chug, chug, chug!” Faith yelled.

Tara was already on her seventh shot of vodka. She grimaced at the burning sensation in her throat.

“Damn T, you’re really good at that.” Faith said, patting Tara on the back.

“You’re not so bad yourself.” Tara smiled.

Meanwhile, Willow was watching and she couldn’t understand why Tara was doing this.

“Okay, I think that’s enough tonight.” Buffy said, grabbing the shot from Tara.

“Hey, that’s mine!” Tara yelled, her speech slurred.

She went to grab it but fell off the couch. She just lay back on the floor, laughing.

“Will?” Xander asked, motioning to Tara.

“Yeah.” Willow said, understanding what he meant.

Willow helped Tara up and she put her jacket on.

“Alright, I’ll see you guys tomorrow, I’m going to walk this boozehound home.” Willow smiled.

They all said their goodbyes and then Willow and Tara were walking outside.

“Oh my god, that was so much fun!” Tara yelled.

“Shh, calm down.” Willow said, looking at the homes nearby to see if Tara woke anybody up.

“What, sorry if I get a little excited!” Tara said. “I’ve never had this much fun before in my life.”

“Yeah but there’s such a thing as too much fun.” Willow said, helping Tara walk steady.

“I don’t need you to help me walk. I can manage!” Tara said, yanking her arm away. When she did so, she almost tripped but Willow caught her.

“You can manage all right.” Willow said sarcastically.

After a few minutes, they finally arrived at Tara’s house. Tara was reaching in her pocket for her keys and walking towards the front door when Willow stopped her.

“Hey, your parents are going to see right through you.” Willow said. “Come on.” She grabbed Tara and led her to the back of the house.

“What are you doing?” Tara asked her eyes half open.

“Which one’s your window?” Willow asked.

“That one, why?” Tara asked, about to lose her balance again.

“Come here.” Willow said, grabbing onto Tara’s waist.

“Just don’t look down.” Willow said then started to climb the white fence that ran along the house. Willow found it was much harder to do this with another person.

They finally made it to Tara’s room and Tara was the first one inside. Once she was in, Willow climbed in afterwards.

“Man, that was some exercise.” Willow breathed.

She looked to Tara and noticed that she was going to topple over.

“Whoa!” Willow said quietly and caught her before she could fall on the floor.

“The room is spinning so fast.” Tara said.

“Here, lie down.” Willow said.

She helped her lie on the bed and pulled the covers over her.

“Hold on, I’ll be right back.” Willow said.

After a few minutes, Willow emerged from the stairs with a glass of water.

“Where did you go?” Tara asked.

“Went to get you some water.” Willow said.

“But what if my dad got up?” Tara asked.

“I don’t care right now.” Willow said. “All that matters is that you feel better.”

Tara smiled at how much Willow cared for her. ‘There’s no way that this could be an act.’ She thought.

“Here.” Willow said, offering the glass to Tara. “Oh and take these.”

“What are they?” Tara asked, taking the pills from Willow’s hand.

“They’ll help you feel better in the morning. Just take them.” Willow smiled.

She watched as Tara drowned them and made a disgusted look on her face. Willow just smiled at her.

“God, they’re horrible.” Tara said.

“I know but they’re good for you.” Willow said, taking the empty glass and putting it on the nightstand next to Tara’s bed.

Willow looked to her left and noticed a cd collection. She went over to look and saw a certain album that caught her eye.

“Hey, you like Garbage?” Willow asked.

“Yeah, they’ve been my favorite band for a long time now.” Tara smiled.

“Mine too.” Willow smiled. “My favorite song is Stupid Girl.”

“You’re not going to sing it for me are you?” Tara asked, sleepily.

Willow laughed and said “Don’t worry; you’ve been through enough torture for tonight.”

Willow looked towards the hall and said “Hey Tara, I should probably get going-

She looked down and saw that Tara was already asleep.

She smiled and reached out to touch Tara’s face. She traced her eyebrows all the way to her lips.

“Goodnight beautiful.” Willow whispered then snuck out the window.

Tara opened her eyes a little and smiled at what Willow just did and said.

“Goodnight my Willow.” Tara whispered to herself then drifted off into dreams of Willow.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:40 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey guys, here’s another one. A lot longer too! I did mention my favorite band in here and they will be mentioned a few times so don’t be surprised. Well, enjoy this and keep leaving me feedback!

Meanwhile at Tara’s…

The family just finished dinner and now they were playing scrabble.

‘This is just sad. It’s a Friday night and again, I spend it with my parents. Not to mention we’re playing this dumb board game.’ Tara thought, with her head lying in her hand. ‘I wonder what Willow’s doing right now.’

“Okay, that’s more points for me. I made the word enthusiastic.” Donald smiled.

“Oh, good job honey.” Linda said, touching his shoulder. “Okay, it’s your turn Tara.”

Noticing that there was no movement, they both looked at Tara who seemed to be off in her own little world.

“Sweetheart?” Linda asked, touching Tara’s shoulder.

Tara woke from her thoughts of Willow and noticed that her parents were staring at her.

“What?” she asked.

“It’s your turn.” Linda said.

“Oh, right.” Tara said then made the word Red.

“Oh red, that’s my favorite color.” Linda said.

“Mine too.” Tara smiled, thinking of Willow.

“Okay, stop this!” Donald said.

“Stop what?” Tara asked, eyes widened.

“You know what!” Donald said, his voice rising. “It’s another reference to that Rosenberg girl.”

Tara just looked down while Linda was looking around confused.

“I don’t understand dear. How is that a reference?” Linda asked.

“Everyone at school calls her Red.” He said. “You know, it’s the bad, evil color so that’s why she got stuck with that nickname.”

“She’s not bad.” Tara muttered quietly.

“What, are you kidding me?” Donald asked. “I’m surprised she hasn’t gone to jail yet.”

“What would she go to jail for?” Linda asked.

“Everything she wants, she steals.” Donald said. “Snyder even told me that she and her friends stole the school’s VCR.”

Meanwhile, Tara was listening to her father’s ranting about Willow. She couldn’t stand someone talking about her like that.

‘No one knows her like I do.’ Tara thought. ‘It’s like she’s this different person around me.’

She couldn’t take her dad badmouthing her anymore so Tara decided to speak up.

“Just stop it dad!” Tara yelled.

He immediately shut up when he heard his daughter’s voice rise.

“You don’t know her okay?” Tara said. “You don’t know how kind and thoughtful she can be.”

“Oh come on, she got to you too.” Donald said.

“What are you talking about?” Tara asked.

“She’s trying to get you to like her so she can just get close to you.” Donald said. “I’ve seen you hang out with her.”

Tara just avoided his eyes and tried to push her anger deep inside of her.

‘God, I’ve never felt this angry towards my dad before.’ She thought, clenching her jaw.

Linda turned her attention to her daughter and said “Sweetie, I really think that you should be careful. I do not like the things I’m hearing.”

“Don’t worry, I took care of it.” Donald muttered.

Tara’s head quickly shot up and she said “What do you mean you took care of it?”

Donald now realized what he said out loud and he tried to avoid his daughter’s eyes.

“Well, I, uh-

Tara noticed that he was stammering and that just made her want to know even more.

“Dad, what did you do?” Tara asked anger evident in her voice.

“Nothing, she came by today after school for tutoring and I just told her what days were tutoring, that’s all.” Donald said.

“That’s not it, now tell me!” Tara yelled.

“Tara, calm down.” Linda said, touching her shoulder.

“I may have told her to… not hang out with you as much.” Donald said, quietly.

“How much?” Tara asked.

“Like, not at all.” Donald said.

“You told her to stay away from me?” Tara asked. “How could you do such a thing?”

“Because it’s for your own good!” Donald said. “I don’t want you hanging out with someone like that. If you do, you might start acting like her!”

“It is not your choice to say who I hang out with!” Tara said.

“I’ll get involved if it means you’re going to throw your whole life away!” Donald said. “Now I don’t want you anywhere near her, do you understand me?”

Tara just avoided his eyes and ran up the stairs into her room. Donald and his wife flinched when they heard the door slam really loud.

“Donald-

“You don’t understand Linda. She’s not good enough for our daughter.” Donald said. “If you saw her, you would know what I mean.

He then walked into the living room and sat on the couch to relax.

Meanwhile, Tara was in her room, sitting on her bed.

‘How could he do that? He had no right!’ Tara thought. ‘I have the right to be friends with whoever I want!’

Tara looked at the clock and saw that it was already going to be nine-thirty. She realized it was getting late and that she should go to bed. She reached for her drawer for her brush but when she opened it, she saw a piece of paper. She grabbed it and opened it.

‘The address to the Bronze that Willow gave me.’ She thought, remembering when she gave it to her in class.

She wanted to go but the thought of curfew raced through her mind.

She thought for a few more seconds and said “Screw curfew.”

She got up and grabbed her jacket from her closet. “If seeing Willow means I have to be bad then so be it!” she said, suddenly feeling a lot of courage. “I just hope she’s there.”

At the Bronze…

Buffy and Xander were sitting on the couch, watching Faith and Willow shoot pool.

“Oh yeah, I just won me twenty bucks!” Willow said, shooting her last ball in the pocket. “Cough it over.” She said to Faith.

“Yeah, yeah, you just got lucky.” Faith said, giving her the money.

Willow grabbed the money and started dancing crazy. “I’m in the money!” she sang.

Xander and Buffy just looked at Willow skeptically.

“What is with you tonight Will?” Buffy asked, her brow furrowed.

“What do you mean?” Willow asked, taking a few more chugs from her beer.

“She means you’ve been acting really happy all night. Are you on medication?” Xander asked, smiling.

“No, no, I just realized that life is really great!” Willow said, obviously tipsy. “I mean, tonight has been going really, really well!” she said, thinking about the check in her pocket.

“Okay, I think you’ve had one too many tonight.” Buffy said, taking the beer away.

“Fine take it, I don’t get drunk that easily anyway.” Willow said. “It’ll wear off in about a half hour or so.”

“It’s true, it will.” Faith said, taking a sip of her beer.

“You know, I’ve been having fun here but I think we should move this party somewhere else.” Willow said. “I need some new cd’s!” she yelled.

Faith and Willow were about to walk towards the door when Buffy grabbed Willow’s arm.

“What are you doing?” Buffy asked, concerned.

“Just living up to my reputation.” Willow said. “Everyone thinks I’m worthless so I guess I could prove that they’re right.”

“Don’t do this Will.” Buffy said. “You haven’t stolen anything in a while. Not since Tara arrived.”

“Yeah, it’s time I make up for it.” Willow said.

“What would Tara say about this?” Buffy asked, trying to convince her friend not to go.

“Do you think I give a fuck?” Willow said, yanking her arm away. “Tara’s not here so I can be the Willow everyone hates!”

“Uh, I’d think twice about that. Look!” Xander said, pointing to the door.

They all looked to where Xander was pointing and saw Tara walk through the door.

“Oh thank god.” Buffy said, happy that her friend won’t do anything she would regret later.

“Damn, she looks good tonight.” Faith said.

Willow eyed her and started to drool at what she was wearing. Tara had black jeans on with a low cut black top that revealed her stomach. Her blonde her was down and looked more gorgeous than ever.

“I’ll be back.” Willow said, still surprised.

Tara looked through the crowd of people to see if she could find Willow but there were too many.

‘Maybe this was a bad idea.’ Tara thought. ‘No. I don’t care! I’ll show my dad. I’ll show him that Willow and I aren’t that different. I can be just as bad!’

She then noticed the light from the bar hit something red coming her way. She smiled right away for she knew who it was.

“Hey.” Willow yelled over the music.

“Hi.” Tara yelled back.

“What are you doing here?” Willow asked, wondering why she wasn’t in bed already.

“You invited me remember?” Tara asked, giving Willow the piece of paper.

Willow took it and smiled.

“I just figured you’d be in bed right now!” she yelled. “I mean, not that I’m thinking of you in bed. But not that you’re not thinkable, it’s just-

“Yeah well, curfew’s been extended.” Tara smiled at Willow’s babble.

Willow smiled back and said “Cool, well come on, come hang with me and my friends!”

Willow led Tara back to her gang and introduced her.

“Tara, this is Buffy, Xander and Faith.” Willow said.

“Hey.” They said in unison.

“You guys, this is Tara.” Willow said.

“Hi.” She said.

Faith walked up to Tara and said “Wow, you look yummy tonight.”

Tara grew nervous to have someone she hardly knew that close to her.

“Um-

“Faith, back off. Calm your libido.” Willow said, pushing Faith away.

Suddenly, there was an extremely uncomfortable silence between everybody.

“So, your dad’s the math teacher?” Buffy asked, trying to get a conversation going.

“Uh yeah.” Tara said, starting to get angry again from the mentioning of her father.

“Well duh Blondie! We’re only in the same class and he’s our teacher for fucking sakes!” Faith said.

“Shut up!” Buffy yelled, making a face at Faith.

Willow rolled her eyes at them and turned to Tara “Hey, do you want a coke or something?”

Just then, a waiter was bringing vodka in shot glasses to a table. Tara went up to him and grabbed a couple and drank them really fast.

Once it went down, Tara made a face of disgust towards it.

“Alright, Miss Goody likes to party!” Faith smiled.

Buffy, Xander and Willow just watched in surprise.

Willow grabbed Tara and took her to an isolated area where the music wasn’t so loud.

“Hey, are you okay?” Willow asked, concerned.

Finally feeling the effects of the alcohol, Tara said “I’m doing just great! I’m having fun for once!”

“I just didn’t know that you drank.” Willow said.

“I don’t but there’s a first for everything. And I mean everything.” Tara said, emphasizing the last word.

Willow shuddered at how husky Tara’s voice sounded.

‘God this woman’s too sexy for words. But no, I can’t take advantage of her. Not like this, not ever.’ Willow thought.

“You’re sure that you’re okay? Did something happen?” Willow asked, immediately not recognizing this woman in front of her.

“No, well maybe but I’d rather just have fun tonight with you.” Tara said, touching Willow’s nose. “Come on.” Then she led Willow back to the group.

Back at Tara’s house, Donald and Linda were getting ready for bed.

“Maybe I should go and apologize.” Donald said. “She’s been in her room all night.”

“I think she just needs some time to cool off.” Linda comforted. “She needs some space right now.”

“Yeah, maybe you’re right.” Donald said.

He turned off the light and they got into bed.

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke up.

“Do you think I was wrong?” Donald asked.

“About Willow?” Linda asked.

“Yeah, I mean I don’t really know her that well. I’ve just listened to the rumors.” Donald said.

“You’re just looking out for Tara. You want what’s best for her.” She said. “All fathers do but you can’t protect her forever. Especially when she goes to Yale.” She said. “I think you should get to know Willow. Like Tara does.” Linda said. “Then you can judge her for yourself.”

“Yeah, maybe I should apologize to Willow on Monday.” Donald said.

“You should because I think if she really wants to, Willow could be a good influence on Tara.” Linda said.

“Chug, chug, chug, chug!” Faith yelled.

Tara was already on her seventh shot of vodka. She grimaced at the burning sensation in her throat.

“Damn T, you’re really good at that.” Faith said, patting Tara on the back.

“You’re not so bad yourself.” Tara smiled.

Meanwhile, Willow was watching and she couldn’t understand why Tara was doing this.

“Okay, I think that’s enough tonight.” Buffy said, grabbing the shot from Tara.

“Hey, that’s mine!” Tara yelled, her speech slurred.

She went to grab it but fell off the couch. She just lay back on the floor, laughing.

“Will?” Xander asked, motioning to Tara.

“Yeah.” Willow said, understanding what he meant.

Willow helped Tara up and she put her jacket on.

“Alright, I’ll see you guys tomorrow, I’m going to walk this boozehound home.” Willow smiled.

They all said their goodbyes and then Willow and Tara were walking outside.

“Oh my god, that was so much fun!” Tara yelled.

“Shh, calm down.” Willow said, looking at the homes nearby to see if Tara woke anybody up.

“What, sorry if I get a little excited!” Tara said. “I’ve never had this much fun before in my life.”

“Yeah but there’s such a thing as too much fun.” Willow said, helping Tara walk steady.

“I don’t need you to help me walk. I can manage!” Tara said, yanking her arm away. When she did so, she almost tripped but Willow caught her.

“You can manage all right.” Willow said sarcastically.

After a few minutes, they finally arrived at Tara’s house. Tara was reaching in her pocket for her keys and walking towards the front door when Willow stopped her.

“Hey, your parents are going to see right through you.” Willow said. “Come on.” She grabbed Tara and led her to the back of the house.

“What are you doing?” Tara asked her eyes half open.

“Which one’s your window?” Willow asked.

“That one, why?” Tara asked, about to lose her balance again.

“Come here.” Willow said, grabbing onto Tara’s waist.

“Just don’t look down.” Willow said then started to climb the white fence that ran along the house. Willow found it was much harder to do this with another person.

They finally made it to Tara’s room and Tara was the first one inside. Once she was in, Willow climbed in afterwards.

“Man, that was some exercise.” Willow breathed.

She looked to Tara and noticed that she was going to topple over.

“Whoa!” Willow said quietly and caught her before she could fall on the floor.

“The room is spinning so fast.” Tara said.

“Here, lie down.” Willow said.

She helped her lie on the bed and pulled the covers over her.

“Hold on, I’ll be right back.” Willow said.

After a few minutes, Willow emerged from the stairs with a glass of water.

“Where did you go?” Tara asked.

“Went to get you some water.” Willow said.

“But what if my dad got up?” Tara asked.

“I don’t care right now.” Willow said. “All that matters is that you feel better.”

Tara smiled at how much Willow cared for her. ‘There’s no way that this could be an act.’ She thought.

“Here.” Willow said, offering the glass to Tara. “Oh and take these.”

“What are they?” Tara asked, taking the pills from Willow’s hand.

“They’ll help you feel better in the morning. Just take them.” Willow smiled.

She watched as Tara drowned them and made a disgusted look on her face. Willow just smiled at her.

“God, they’re horrible.” Tara said.

“I know but they’re good for you.” Willow said, taking the empty glass and putting it on the nightstand next to Tara’s bed.

Willow looked to her left and noticed a cd collection. She went over to look and saw a certain album that caught her eye.

“Hey, you like Garbage?” Willow asked.

“Yeah, they’ve been my favorite band for a long time now.” Tara smiled.

“Mine too.” Willow smiled. “My favorite song is Stupid Girl.”

“You’re not going to sing it for me are you?” Tara asked, sleepily.

Willow laughed and said “Don’t worry; you’ve been through enough torture for tonight.”

Willow looked towards the hall and said “Hey Tara, I should probably get going-

She looked down and saw that Tara was already asleep.

She smiled and reached out to touch Tara’s face. She traced her eyebrows all the way to her lips.

“Goodnight beautiful.” Willow whispered then snuck out the window.

Tara opened her eyes a little and smiled at what Willow just did and said.

“Goodnight my Willow.” Tara whispered to herself then drifted off into dreams of Willow.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:03 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I kinda like this story. Willow being a bad-ass and Tara being slightly different from what i'm used to see as well. But with school everyone seems to slack on updates so I'm missing my W/T goodness.

Keep updating and I'll give more and better feedback!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

:glasses love the drunken care free Tara...it's different! I want to kill Tara's dad!!!!!!! :devil He's evil! Anyways can't wait for more! *sits and waits* :dance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:12 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey guys, I made this one long for you because I’m afraid I won’t be able to write as much when school starts. I will try but forgive me if I don’t update as much. I also mentioned the place I work at. The orange county marketplace but I gave it a different name in here. So enjoy this and I promise, I will try to keep updating.

The sun shone bright onto Tara’s face. Since liquor took over her body the night before, she forgot to close the curtains. Tara’s brow furrowed when the sun hit her eyes. She squinted them open and quickly closed them.

‘I forgot to close the blinds!’ Tara yelled in her head.

She sighed as she rose up from her bed. She winced in pain and grabbed her head.

“Ow, damn it!” Tara muttered to herself.

She wondered where the pain was coming from then memories from last night filled her head.

“Oh my god. I didn’t make a fool of myself, did I?” Tara said. “I have to find Willow today to apologize for anything I did wrong.” She said as she descended down the stairs.

As she made her way around the corner, she saw her mom making breakfast.

“Morning mom.” Tara greeted.

“Hi honey, how are you this morning?” Linda said with a smirk.

“Fine.” Tara said, trying to hide her pain.

“Oh good, well I made some pancakes for us.” Linda said, putting a plate in front of Tara.

Tara took one look at the food and made a beeline for the bathroom. Linda could hear wretching noises coming from the room.

“I didn’t think my cooking was that bad.” Linda said to herself.

She followed her daughter and saw her hovering over the toilet.

“So I guess my theory was right last night.” Linda smiled.

Tara looked up at her mother in confusion. “What?”

“Well, you didn’t come out of your room once last night.” Linda said. “I’ve seen a lot of Lifetime movies and I had a feeling that you snuck out.”

“You’re too good.” Tara said, pulling her hair back.

“It’s a mother’s duty.” Linda smiled. “So where did you go?”

Tara sighed and answered “I went to the Bronze. You know that little club?”

“Yeah, I’ve heard of it.” Linda said.

“Well, I went and hung out with Willow and her friends.” Tara sighed.

“I knew that you went to go see her. Whenever someone tells somebody that they can’t do something, they go off and do it.” Linda said.

Tara just gave her her lopsided smile.

“So how much did you drink?” Linda asked.

“Enough to know to never touch vodka ever again.” Tara breathed.

“Did you at least have a little fun?” Linda asked.

“Yeah, maybe a little.” Tara smiled. “I wish to do it again, just minus the alcohol.” Tara said.

“I second that.” Linda smiled. “Well, clean yourself up and come eat a little something.”

Just then Tara remembered something. She called out to her mom before she left.

“Mom!” Tara yelled. “Did dad find out I was gone?” she asked, scared that she might be in trouble.

“No, I covered for you.” Linda said. “And just between you and me, your father wants to get to know Willow so you guys could be friends.” Then she left.

Tara let the words sink in and had on one of the biggest smiles on her face.

Willow awoke to some chatter that she heard outside. She rubbed her eyes and walked to her window.

She opened it and yelled to the people “Shut up! Some people are still sleeping you know!”

She went and lay back down on her bed. She fell on the bed on her stomach, immediately shutting her eyes.

Just then, a knock on her bedroom door caused her eyes to fly open.

“Sweetie, don’t you think it’s time to get up?” Sheila called to her daughter.

Willow rolled her eyes and yelled “Fine! I can’t get any sleep here anyways!”

She looked at her clock and saw that it was 11:00 in the morning.

“Oh well, it could be worse.” She breathed.

Donald Maclay walked down the stairs to see his lovely daughter and wife enjoying their breakfast.

“Good morning my family.” He said.

“Morning dear.” Linda said.

“Morning dad.” Tara said, stuffing food into her mouth.

“Sweetie, don’t talk with your mouth full.” Linda warned.

Tara nodded her understanding.

Donald took a seat right next to Tara and said “So are you still mad at me?”

“Dad, I’m sorry for last night.” Tara started to say.

“Don’t be. You’re allowed to speak your mind.” Donald said. “But I want you to know, that I care about you. And since Willow is so important to you, I would like to get to know her.”

Tara smiled at her father and asked “Really?” with hope in her eyes.

“Yeah.” Donald said. “Why don’t you invite her to dinner sometime?”

“Thanks dad.” Tara hugged her father.

After speaking to her father about Willow, Tara went up to her room to get dressed. She went to go turn on her radio and the song Stupid Girl came on. A big smile made its way on Tara’s face.

‘Willow’s favorite song.’ She thought. ‘I do remember that from last night.’

She walked over to her dresser and noticed a piece of paper there. She opened it and it said

Tara,
I hope you feel better this morning. Remind me to never let you step foot in the Bronze again (just kidding). Anyway, I have nothing to do today. If you don’t have any plans, I’ll be in the park.

Love,
Willow.

Tara smiled to herself and hugged the note close to her chest.

‘Goddess, I’m falling so hard for her.’ She thought as she ran to her closet to pick out something to wear.

Later during the day, Willow was at the park. She was just sitting on the bench hoping that Tara would show up.

‘Maybe she didn’t find the note. Maybe-

“Hi.” A voice interrupted her thoughts.

Willow looked up and saw the person she longed for.

“Hey.” Willow smiled.

She got up and said “I didn’t think you were going to come at all.” Willow said.

“Well, I had no plans.” Tara smiled.

“How are you feeling?” Willow asked.

“My head still feels bad.” Tara frowned. “Does it always hurt this much?”

“The consequences of drinking.” Willow said.

“You know, I remembered that someone walked me home last night. I think it was you.” Tara smiled playfully.

Willow blushed and said “Yeah well, I don’t normally do things like that. Just don’t tell anybody.”

“Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me.” Tara said.

“Come on.” Willow said, grabbing her hand.

“Where are we going?” Tara asked.

“To have fun.” Willow said.

They rode on Willow’s bike for about twenty minutes until they finally reached their destination.

“A swap meet?” Tara asked, confused.

“Not just a swap meet. The Sunnydale Marketplace.” Willow said, as she parked her bike outside of the marketplace.

“What’s so great about this place?” Tara asked.

“Oh, I could always find some good shit here!” Willow said, as she paid for both her and Tara.

They walked around in the aisles for awhile. Tara would stop and look at the artwork whenever they past by it. Willow would always stop at the guitar shop and try some out.

They later came across a cd collection store. They went inside to look around and checked through every cd.

Willow’s eyes widened when she got to the new releases section.

“Oh my god, Tara, check this out!” Willow said.

Tara quickly ran over to see what had Willow so excited.

“It’s the new garbage cd.” Willow said in awe.

“But I thought it wasn’t supposed to come out until two months later.” Tara said.

Willow’s Voice- “Just one look at that cd and I knew I wanted it. Shit, music is my life now, of course I wanted it.”

“Man. I have to get this.” Willow said.

She looked up and noticed the seller had his back to her. Willow’s hand was like it had a mind of its own. It was inching towards the cd very slowly.

Tara looked up from the cd’s she was looking at to show Willow one but something caught her eye. She looked at Willow’s hand and it was moving towards the cd.

‘No she’s not, is she?’ Tara thought. ‘Maybe this is what Michelle was talking about.’

Willow was going to grab the cd but then she looked over at Tara. The sun was shining on her blonde hair, making a glow around her.

‘No, I can’t do this.’ Willow thought. ‘I don’t want to bring Tara into this.’

With the littlest ounce of courage she had left, Willow stuck her hand back into her jacket pocket. She let a breath that she didn’t know she was holding.

Unknown to her, Tara saw this whole thing.

‘She couldn’t do it!’ Tara thought happily. ‘I wonder why.’ Then it dawned on her.

Willow decided to act civilized for once and she called the seller over to her.

“Excuse me sir, but how much is this cd?” Willow asked.

“Um let me see.” He said, grabbing it. “Well, it’s the only one we have and it’s still brand new. I’ll give you a discount. It’ll be twenty-five dollars.”

Willow’s eyes widened and she looked down.

“Thanks.” She said sadly.

She went to Tara and asked “You ready to go?”

Tara nodded and they started walking away. Willow kept looking back at the cd a couple of times then she just started looking around the other carts.

Tara walked closer to her and asked “You were afraid to steal that cd in front of me, weren’t you?”

Willow’s head shot up and she looked at her. “What are you talking about? I wasn’t afraid.” She defended.

“Well, that’s what it looked like to me.” Tara smiled.

“I wasn’t going to steal anything.” Willow smiled.

Tara gave her a knowing look and Willow said “I wasn’t, really!”

“Then I dare you to buy it.” Tara said.

“You’re daring me to buy the cd?” Willow asked.

“Yeah, I’m daring you to actually pay for something.” Tara smiled.

Willow looked down and said “I can’t.”

“Oh come on Willow, it’s not that hard!” Tara joked.

“No, I mean, I don’t have the money to pay for something like that.” Willow said.

Tara’s face fell and she said “Oh, I’m sorry-

“Just forget it.” Willow said quickly. “Come on, I’m getting tired of this place.”

Then they walked out and headed back to the park.

Once in the park, Tara was running around and Willow was chasing her.

“I’m going to get you!” Willow yelled.

“No!!!” Tara screamed as Willow got closer.

Tara always managed to get away from Willow because she ran too fast. Willow knew that she couldn’t catch her so she had a plan.

“Ow!” Willow cried and fell to the floor, grabbing her ankle.

Tara stopped running and laughing when she heard Willow scream out. She looked back and saw Willow on the ground in pain.

“Oh my god Willow, are you okay?” Tara asked, walking closer.

She knelt down next to her and Willow smiled.

“I am now.” She responded, while pulling Tara onto the ground.

Tara screamed and fell on her back. Willow laid half on top of her, laughing.

“That wasn’t funny!” Tara said, not helping the small smile creeping onto her face.

“It was a little funny.” Willow smiled.

Tara now noticed how close Willow was to her and couldn’t help her breathing which was starting to quicken.

‘God, her body feels so warm next to mine.’ Tara thought as she stared into Willow’s eyes.

Willow could feel the heat between them too.

‘Oh god, help me.’ Willow prayed. ‘Man, I just want to kiss her and hold her.’

Tara’s head was inching closer to Willow’s. Willow’s eyes were half open and she licked her lips.

She saw Tara’s lips getting closer and she thought ‘Wait, I can’t do this. I can’t take advantage of this sweet person.’

Willow pulled away from Tara’s closeness and said “Tara, I don’t think this is such a good idea.”

Tara opened her eyes and furrowed her brow.

“What do you mean?” Tara asked.

“I mean, we can’t do this.” Willow said, moving to her side, propping up on her elbow.

“But I thought you liked me.” Tara said in a small voice.

“I do, you know I do.” Willow said. “But you shouldn’t get involved with me.”

‘What is she doing?’ Tara thought.

‘What am I doing?’ Willow thought. ‘Come on you fucking pussy, get it together!’

“I’m sorry.” Willow said, avoiding Tara’s eyes.

Tara felt her heart being crushed but she decided not to let it show.

‘So this how it feels when your heart gets ripped in half.’ Tara thought.

“It’s okay Willow.” Tara lied. “I understand. ‘Not really.’ She thought.

“Do you still want to be friends?” Willow asked, afraid that her ejection would make her lose Tara.

“Of course I still want to be your friend.” Tara smiled weakly.

They sat in silence on the grass, thinking about what just happened between them.

‘What is wrong with me?’ Willow thought. ‘What about the bet?’

‘Maybe she just doesn’t think I’m attractive anymore.’ Tara thought.

They could feel the awkwardness between them so Willow decided to speak up and change the subject.

“So Tara, tell me what you were like before you moved here.” Willow said.

‘How can she just act like nothing happened?’ Tara thought.

“Um, well, I was always pretty much the same way I am now.” Tara said. “Good grades, respectful to everybody.”

She looked at Willow and noticed that guilt on her face. She decided to help lighten the mood.

‘Maybe I should just put my feelings aside for her.’ Tara thought.

“What were you like?” Tara asked.

“Worse than how I am now.” Willow smiled.

Tara smiled back at her.

“Well, tell me, did you ever have a girlfriend?” Tara asked, raising her eyebrow.

Willow’s face fell and she said “Yeah. Her name was Sarah Burns.”

“Well, what was she like?” Tara asked.

“Pretty much like me, only worse.” Willow said.

Tara giggled and said “I didn’t think that was possible.” She joked.

Willow rolled her eyes and said “Yeah, well, she used to steal things like cars and do heavy drugs, you know.” She trailed off.

“Then why were you with her?” Tara asked.

“Because she was a good fuck.” Willow answered.

Tara’s eyes fell to the ground and Willow noticed that she just sounded like the bad Willow.

“And I was in love with her.” Willow added. “Everyone hated her except me. Shit, even Faith hated her.”

“Wow.” Tara said. “Did- did you ever get in serious trouble with her?”

“Yeah, we were stealing cars before and I had to spend some time in jail.” Willow said.

“So it’s true.” Tara muttered.

“What?” Willow asked, brow furrowed.

“Oh nothing, it’s just that people have talked about you at school.” Tara said.

“What have you heard?” Willow asked.

“Nothing.” Tara said, suddenly feeling small. “It’s just that, some people have notified me of what you done.”

“Like what?” Willow asked, growing impatient.

“Well, some people have said that you’ve been to jail and also slept with every girl in the school.” Tara said, hoping that Willow wouldn’t get mad at her.

“Well, that’s bullshit.” Willow said.

“It is?” Tara asked, confused.

“Yeah, I haven’t slept with you.” Willow smiled.

Tara smiled then thoughts of Willow in the naughty variety came into her mind.

‘No, push those thoughts aside!’ she yelled at herself.

“Most of what they say is true though.” Willow said.

“Aren’t you ashamed?” Tara asked.

“Well, it’s who I am.” Willow said in a small voice.

“You don’t have to be that person though.” Tara said, grabbing Willow’s hand. “I mean, the time I’ve spent with you has been great. You’re a wonderful person Will. You should show that part of yourself to people around you.”

Willow looked down at Tara’s hand on top of hers and interlaced them.

“The thing is is that I don’t care what people think of me.” Willow said.

‘She interlaced our fingers!’ Tara thought. ‘But what does that movement mean?’

“That’s another great thing about you.” Tara said, pushing a stray strand of red her behind her ear.

Willow couldn’t help but lean into the touch.

‘God, her hand feels so soft.’ Willow thought.

“So tell me more about the famous Willow Rosenberg.” Tara said.

“Oh really, what do you want to know?” Willow asked.

“What did you want to be when you were little?” Tara asked.

“Hmmm, well I wanted to be a drug dealer.” Willow thought then smiled at Tara’s wide eyes.

“I’m kidding, I’m only kidding.” Willow said. “I wanted to be an astronaut. But other kids would tease me whenever I put on this helmet my mom made me out of cardboard.”

“Kids can be so cruel.” Tara said.

“Story of my life.” Willow said. “What did you want to be?”

“I wanted to be the best artist in the world.” Tara smiled.

“So your dream came true then.” Willow said.

Tara blushed at Willow’s comment and them asked “Wait, you’ve seen my artwork?’

“Only from your class. And I have to say that you’re really talented.” Willow said.

Tara smiled and said “Thanks, well, that’s why I’m going to Yale. They supposedly have the best art program there. The teachers there are really nice.”

“Yeah, too bad you have to wait all the way until next year.” Willow said.

“In a way I do, but in a way I don’t.” Tara said.

“What do you mean?” Willow asked, confused.

“Um, I’m actually leaving in a couple of months.” Tara said shyly.

“What?” Willow asked, urgency in her voice. “What do you mean, you’re too young for college!”

“Oh I’m not going to Yale yet, I’m actually going to go to a high school nearby and then go straight to Yale afterwards.” Tara explained. “Some teachers saw my work and they offered to help me even before I get to go to Yale.”

“Are you okay?” Tara asked, noticing that Willow drifted off into thought.

“Yeah.” Willow breathed. “But…

“But what?” Tara asked, confused.

‘What about me?’ Willow thought. ‘Okay, that’s pretty fucking selfish of me! Say something, she looks worried.’

“Nothing, I’m glad you get to go.” Willow said, touching her shoulder. “No one deserves it more than you.”

While she was congratulating her, Willow could feel her heart being shred into two.

They spent the rest of the day talking about their childhood and Tara’s future at Yale. They both had smiles on their faces but they both were feeling distraught inside.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:08 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh... poor Willow :( she won't have the CD, she might lose Tara... It's just sooo sad :(

But in a kind of way if Willow stole the paycheck then Tara will have to stay and... and... thats a twisted way to keep them together :geek

I love it, its just so great, keep this up and hope everything's gonna be fine with school ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:09 am 
3. Flaming O

First, grea idea for a story, and you carry it well. I love seeing how at the root of each character done 'your way,' good Willow - for example - is dying to come out. Nicely done.

-Sol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:27 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey guys, I’m so sorry for the lack of updating. Like I predicted, school’s been kicking my ass. Anyway, I know this one’s short but the next one will be longer and better so just be patient.

“You said no?” Buffy asked.

She and Willow were in her room, talking about what happened with Tara earlier that day.

“Why?” Buffy asked.

“I don’t know.” Willow sighed and plopped on the bed. “I’m a fucking idiot!”

“No, you’re just in love.” Buffy smiled, lying on her stomach.

“God, I can’t do this anymore Buff!” Willow sighed in frustration.

“Do what?” Buffy asked.

Willow leaned on her elbow and looked at Buffy.

“I know I like Tara but I can’t do anything about it if I have this bet hanging over my head.” Willow said. “I mean, I really like her. I haven’t felt this way since Sarah.”

“So what are you going to do?” Buffy asked.

Willow thought for a few seconds and smiled. She looked at Buffy and said “I’m going to tell Faith tonight.”

“Tell her what?” Buffy asked.

“I’m going to tell her that the bet is off.” Willow smiled.

Later that night at the Bronze…

Willow and Faith were hanging out at their usual table, drinking. All of a sudden, Willow grew nervous. She wanted to tell Faith tonight but she was afraid of what she would say.

Willow shook her head of all the ‘what if’s’. She had to tell Faith. It was for the better.

Willow cleared her throat and said “Faith, I have something to tell you.”

Faith turned to her and asked “What Red?”

“Well-

“Well, well, look who it is.” A voice said. “It’s my two favorite whores.”

They turned their heads and saw three young men walking towards them.

Willow and Faith’s faces fell at who they saw.

“Tom.” Faith said between clenched teeth.

Willow’s Voice- “Allow me to introduce these three fags. That’s Tom, the leader of the pack. What can I say except he’s the biggest asshole on the planet who thinks every girl wants him. I guess you could say he’s a guy version of me. Anyway, that’s Jeff, Tom’s brother. He’s the kind who always opens his big mouth and is always looking for a fight. He usually gets pummeled so Tom has to bail him out. Oh, and that guy there is Shawn. He’s cool because he used to hang with us. But he and Faith got into this huge fight one night and they stopped speaking ever since then. We don’t talk much to each other but we do nod our heads to each other. That’s better than nothing right?”

“What do you want?” Willow asked, annoyed that she was interrupted.

“Ooh, feisty, isn’t she?” Tom asked.

“Why don’t you get your fucking asses out of here?” Faith said, staring at him with evil eyes.

“You want to start something?” Jeff asked, trying to look big.

“Calm down Jeff.” Tom said. “Alright, we’ll leave. But only because this is a public place and we don’t want to start a scene.”

They started walking past them, their shoulders pushing against Willow and Faith.

Once they were gone, Willow looked to Faith who looked she was ready to smack her fist into the wall.

“Hey, are you okay?” Willow asked.

“Yeah, whatever.” Faith said bluntly. “What was it that you wanted to tell me?”

Willow suddenly had second thoughts and said “Uh, nothing. It wasn’t important.”

It was Monday morning and the sun was shining out for another school day.

Mr. Maclay was walking to his classroom when Principal Snyder pulled him aside.

“I need to talk to you.” Snyder said, worry on his face.

“What’s wrong?” Mr. Maclay asked.

Snyder didn’t answer; he just pulled him into his office and closed the door.

“We have a problem.” Snyder said.

“What?” Mr. Maclay asked, getting annoyed.

“Your check is gone!” Snyder said.

“What?” Mr. Maclay asked.

“It’s gone. As in missing!” Snyder said.

Mr. Maclay could have sworn that his heart stopped when those words left Snyder’s mouth.

“What are you talking about?” Mr. Maclay asked, getting angry and scared.

“I don’t know what happened.” Snyder said, rubbing his brow. “It was in my desk after school on Friday.”

“Maybe you just took it home and you forgot it.” Mr. Maclay suggested, hoping that was the answer.

“No, because I remember looking at all of them one final time before locking my drawer.” Snyder said. “Someone must have snuck in and done something And why would they just take yours?”

“Oh come on, who else knows where you keep our checks?” Mr. Maclay asked.

Snyder’s eyes lit up and a smile grew on his face.

“Of course, why didn’t I realize it before?” Snyder said.

“What?” Mr. Maclay asked, curious.

“Rosenberg.” Snyder said. “Rosenberg and her scummy friends.”

“Now hold on, we can’t jump to any conclusions here.” Mr. Maclay said.

“Oh come on, you know it’s her. Who else would do something like that?” Snyder asked.

“Uh, every bum on the streets.” Mr. Maclay said.

“I’m going to confront her.” Snyder said, opening his door.

Mr. Maclay ran in front of him and shut the door.

“Don’t be stupid. What if it’s not her?” he asked.

“There’s only one way to find out.” Snyder said.

“We don’t have any proof. Without proof, you have nothing.” Mr. Maclay said, trying to help out Tara’s friend.

“Why are you suddenly sticking up for her?” Snyder asked. “You hated her more than me. And have you forgotten about your daughter’s future?”

“Hate’s got nothing to do with it; it’s about doing what’s right.Tara’s future is all I think about. We’re going to figure this out!” Mr. Maclay said.

Just then, the bell rang, signaling everyone to go to class.

“Look, I have to get to my math class. Just keep looking for them and if you can’t find them, we’ll get the cops or whatever to handle it, okay?” he said.

Snyder looked angry at the fact that he couldn’t catch her this time but he agreed to wait it out.

On the way back to his class, Mr. Maclay thought ‘She probably didn’t take it. I’m not going to jump to conclusions; I promised Tara I would give her a chance.’

He walked back into his classroom and saw the students chatting it up. He stopped walking to his desk when something caught his eye. Red hair. There, sitting in his classroom, was Willow Rosenberg, talking to Tara.

‘Why is she in class?’ he thought. ‘Maybe Tara is a good influence on her.’

Mr. Maclay grabbed some papers off of his desk and turned his attention to the class.

“Good morning everyone. Are you all ready for our test today?” Mr. Maclay asked.

Everyone groaned when they heard this.

“Come on, if you studied, you should do fine.” He said.

He personally handed them out to everyone and when he got to Willow’s desk, he said “Morning Miss Rosenberg, welcome back to my class.” Then he gave her a smile.

She took this as a good sign and took the paper. She was a little nervous about coming back to class after what happened last time. She looked back to Tara and Tara gave her an encouraging smile. Given that, she knew she things were going to be different now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:10 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh.... oh :(

Snyder thinks that Willow did it, which is true, but Tara's father wants to give her a chance... poor Willow, she'll have missed one of her best chance to be recognized by him for more than just her own reputation...

And stupid boys, they interrupted Willow when she was about to tell Faith... Baaaad guys.

I can't wait to see what's next :) Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:18 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Man I read this the other day just didn't get around to leavin some feedback...

Of course RIGHT as Tara's Dad decides to give Willow a chance the trouble with the check is at its peak. Well hopefully something is resolved soon... cuz I don't want Mr. Maclay to have to hate Willow..

Poor Willow chickening out on Faith.. she does need to call off the bet though. :| Nothing good can come from it.

Anywho, I hope to read more of this soon, seeing as its.. well.. a really good story lol

Ashleigh :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:32 am 
10. Troll Hammer

G'day, iloveamber.

I just finished reading your story, and figured I've give my two cents worth. You've got an interesting concept here, kind of a cross between 'Cruel Intentions' and 'She's All That'.

The way that you've written it with Willow occasionally taking over narrative duties gives it a certain movie-like flow that works quite well. And you've certainly put your own stamp on some of the characters.

Willow's become the epitome of a rebel, and she's swearing like a sailor now. Buffy and Faith don't seem to have changed too much, but while Xander's still a goof ball, he's not a pushover. Winning out with five to one odds against him? That's pretty bloody good.

Tara's still sweet and lovable ( though isn't she always? :-D ) but her family is of the non-asshole variety. Sure, her dad seems to have had some issues with Willow, but he seems willing to give her a chance now. A chance that Willow might have demolished in spectacular fashion with her larcenous after hours activities.

Plus, I just know that Will's chickening out about canceling the bet is going to come back and bite her in the arse. I like the way that you're capturing the desire to be a better person in Willow, while capturing the temptation to succumb to old habits.

All in all, pretty good, and a damn fine read. Keep it up. And if school keeps kicking your ass, kick it right back. :-D

Bye,
Paul.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:16 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey guys, I’m sick right now and I still wrote this for you. Am I nice or what? This one’s more funny than the others so I hope you enjoy it. Please leave me lots of feedback.

The bell finally rang which signaled the students to go to lunch. Throughout the entire class, Tara kept glancing at her father. He had this worried look on his face throughout the whole class.

‘I wonder what’s wrong.’ Tara thought as the kids left the classroom.

She walked up to his desk and decided to ask him.

“Hey dad.” Tara said.

Her father looked up at her from his papers and said “Oh hey Tara.”

“Is anything wrong?” Tara asked.

“Why would you think that?” he said, in a nervous tone.

She looked at him in confusion, wondering why he was acting so jumpy.

Outside, Willow and Buffy were walking towards the table to join Xander and Faith.

“Hey, have you told Faith yet?” Buffy asked, grabbing Willow’s arm.

“No, so don’t mention anything to her!” Willow said, growing nervous.

“I wasn’t going to mention anything to her!” Buffy defended herself. “I just wanted to know so I wouldn’t say something accidentally.”

“Yeah well, I didn’t so just shut up about it!” Willow said then walked away.

“Damn, what’s wrong with you today?” she muttered then walked over to the table.

Twenty minutes later, Tara walked outside with her lunch, walking over to her usual spot under the tree.

‘I know something’s wrong with dad but he just won’t tell me.’ Tara thought. She was getting frustrated from not knowing. If something was really wrong then he would tell her, wouldn’t he?

“Hey Tara.” A voice brought her out of her thoughts.

She turned and saw Willow in front of her.

“Hey Willow.” She greeted.

“You want to come sit with us today?” Willow asked.

Tara froze when she heard this.

“With your friends you mean?” she asked.

“Yeah, why not?” Willow asked.

“It’s just, we haven’t hung out very much and-

“Come on, if things get bad then we’ll go sit under the tree.” Willow said then dragged Tara over to the table.

“Hey guys, you remember Tara right?” Willow asked.

“Hey, it’s the boozehound!” Faith joked.

Tara blushed at this and took a seat next to Willow, who was sitting on the table with Faith.

“So, how have you been T?” Faith asked.

“Fine, I guess.” Tara said, shyly, hoping that she wouldn’t ruin this moment with Willow’s friends.

They talked about pointless things for the rest of the lunch period until Tara got the nerve to ask Willow something.

“Hey Willow.” Tara said, getting her attention.

“Hmm?” Willow turned her head.

“I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come to my house tonight for dinner?” she asked.

Willow froze at this. She wanted to go but she didn’t know what to say in front of Faith.

“Uh-

“Red doesn’t do dinner parties.” Faith answered for her.

Tara just looked down and felt embarrassed for asking.

“Look, thanks for inviting me Tara but Faith’s right. I don’t do that kind of scene.” Willow explained.

“My parents just wanted to meet you, that’s all.” Tara said, hoping that would change Willow’s mind.

“Yeah well, I don’t like parents.” Willow smiled as Faith slapped her hand.

Suddenly, Tara felt a change in Willow. This wasn’t the Willow she had become friends with.

“That’s fine; I just thought I’d ask.” Tara said, getting up and leaving.

Willow watched her leave and immediately felt bad for being rude for that second.

‘When will I learn?’ Willow thought to herself.

After school ended, Willow went looking for Tara. She felt bad all day for making Tara feel just one ounce of sadness. She went to her locker and saw Tara putting her books away. All of a sudden, nervousness took over her body. What was she going to say to her? Before she knew it, she was standing right in front of her.

“Hey Tara.” Willow smiled.

Tara looked at her quickly and resumed back to her locker.

“Look, I’m sorry for earlier.” Willow said. “But you’ve got to understand, I’ve spent a long time building this certain reputation and I’m not sure I want to let all of it go in just one day.”

“I understand.” Tara said quickly.

Willow grabbed Tara’s hand and forced her to look at her. All thoughts erased out of Tara’s head once her hand touched Willow’s.

“I’m really sorry.” Willow said, looking into Tara’s eyes.

Tara smiled weakly and said “Ok.”

She turned back to her locker, got her books, and closed the door.

“If I still can, I’d like to come over for dinner.” Willow said.

Tara froze and turned to Willow.

Willow suddenly felt nervous again and said “I-I mean, if you want me to come. I don’t have to and I would understand if you didn’t want me to-

“I’d love for you to come.” Tara smiled.

Willow’s excitement showed through the huge smile on her face and Tara said “Why don’t you come over at seven-thirty?”

“Yeah, that would be fine.” Willow smiled. “So, I guess I’ll see you at seven-thirty.” She said, nervously.

“I guess you will.” Tara said. “Ok then. Bye.” Then walked away.

“Oh, wait!” Tara said, coming back. “I forgot to give you this.”

Willow’s eyes widened at what Tara gave her.

“This is the new Garbage cd.” Willow said in awe. She inspected it but then her smile faded. “Why did you buy this for me?”

“Because you’re my friend and I care about you.” Tara said. “I guess it’s a thank you gift for befriending me and welcoming me here. So now were even.” She smiled.

Suddenly, Willow felt excitement and a pang of guilt inside her.

“Thank you so much.” Willow smiled and hugged Tara.

“No problem, I’ll see you tonight.” Tara smiled then left.

Once Tara was out of sight, Willow leaned back against the lockers and sighed “I’m in love!”

After his class ended, Mr. Maclay went to Snyder’s office and found him sitting at his desk with his head in his hands.

“Hey, you ok?” Mr. Maclay asked.

He looked up and said “Well, I called the police. They’re going to be on the lookout and they’re going to come tomorrow to see if they could get any fingerprints.”

“Better than nothing right?” Mr. Maclay smiled.

“I’m so sorry.” Snyder said.

“For what? This isn’t your fault.” Mr. Maclay said.

“I know how much you wanted Tara to go to Yale.” Snyder said. “Have you told her yet?”

“No!” He yelled then calmed his voice down. “I mean, she can’t find out yet.”

“You’re going to have to tell her sooner or later.” Snyder said.

“I know, I will.” He said. “I just want her to have one last dream.” He smiled.

“Wait, maybe I could just order some more check papers and then I can make you another one.” Snyder said.

“It won’t matter. The tuition due date is next Saturday. By the time you order the papers, fill them out and get the money out of the bank, It’ll be too late.” Mr. Maclay said. “I needed that paycheck.”

“Well, were going to find it.” Snyder said.

“Yeah.” Mr. Maclay said, depressed.

It was five o’ clock and Tara was studying in her room. She already informed her parents of Willow’s appearance and they were more than happy. Her mother couldn’t wait to meet the famous Willow Rosenberg. She just hoped everything will go great tonight.

She was lying on her bed, reading her book when all of a sudden, two hands covered her eyes.

“Guess who.” The voice said.

Tara recognized that voice and turned around excitedly.

“Willow, what are you doing here?” she asked.

“I just couldn’t wait to see you.” Willow said.

“But we’re going to see each other in like another two hours or so.” Tara said.

“Like I said, I couldn’t wait.” Willow smiled.

“You shouldn’t be here, if my dad catches you, he’s going to be so mad.” Tara said. “And you wouldn’t want to ruin the dinner before it even starts, do you?”

“It’d be worth it.” Willow smiled.

‘Is she flirting with me?’ Tara thought.

“As much as I want you to stay, you really have to go.” Tara said.

“Alright, you win.” Willow smiled, heading towards Tara’s door.

“I’m not scared, so I’m going out through your front door.” Willow said, opening her bedroom door and walking into the hallway.

“Willow!” she whispered.

“I’m going down the stairs.” Willow teased.

Tara ran out and stopped Willow. They looked towards the stairs and saw a shadow coming up.

“I’ll be right back dear!” Mr. Maclay yelled down the stairs.

“It’s my dad, hide!” Tara said, pushing Willow into the bathroom and closing the door.

Mr. Maclay finally made it up the steps and saw Tara standing in the middle of the hallway.

“I thought you were studying Tara.” He said.

“I was but I decided to take a little break.” She smiled.

“Oh good.” He said, reaching for the bathroom doorknob.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

He looked at her incredulously and said “I have to go to the bathroom, why?”

“Well, it’s just… I was going to go.” She lied.

“Well, you’re going to have to wait because I really have to go.” He said, opening the door and walking in.

“But dad-

The door slammed shut in her face and she was scared of what would happen next.

Mr. Maclay was looking in the mirror and shaving his face, while, Willow was standing in the shower with the curtain hiding her.

‘Oh god, please don’t let him find me.’ She thought. ‘In a way though, this is kind of riveting.’ She smiled.

Once Mr. Maclay was done, he unbuckled his pants and sat on the toilet seat.

Willow listened intently and thought ‘Ok, eww, I have to listen to this?’

Her thoughts were interrupted by a harsh farting sound. Soon, there were a lot more, accompanied by other unpleasant sounds, with Mr. Maclay sighing in relief.

Willow’s eyes widened and she plugged her nose.

Meanwhile, outside the door, Tara was waiting, surprised that she didn’t hear her father scream from Willow’s presence. ‘How could he have not found her?’ she thought.

Inside the bathroom, Willow was dying from the horrible smell coming from the toilet.

‘He’s still doing it? Damn, what did he eat?’ she thought.

She was growing faint from the smell and sat down in the tub, putting her head in her hands.

Mr. Maclay finished up and washed his hands. He opened the door and said to Tara “All yours.” Then walked downstairs.

Tara smiled at him. Once he was out of sight, she ran into the bathroom.

“Willow, where are you?” she asked then went to the shower.

She opened it, revealing Willow, lying in the tub.

“Oh god Willow, are you okay?” Tara asked.

“Air.” She gasped.

Tara quickly grabbed Willow and stuck her head out the window.

“Better?” Tara asked.

“Oh yeah, much better.” Willow smiled.

Once Willow could regain movement again, they walked back into Tara’s room.

“Okay, I think I’ll go now.” Willow said, stepping out the window.

“I’m so sorry Willow.” She laughed.

“It’s no problem, just remember to tell your dad to stay away from the Carne Asada.” She smiled.

“No problem.” Tara gave her the lopsided smile.

They stayed there just staring into each other’s eyes when Mr. Maclay yelled “Tara!”

Their gaze fest was broken when they heard this. Tara quickly shut her window and turned towards the door.

What she didn’t know, was that she slammed the window down onto Willow’s fingers.

Outside, Willow was groaning and whimpering in pain.

“Tara.” She whimpered.

“Tara honey, your mother wants to know if you’re going to help her with dinner?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be down in a minute.” Tara said.

“Okay.” He closed the door.

Tara quickly turned towards the window and opened it.

“Willow, I’m so sorry-

Willow lost her grip and fell into the bushes.

“Oh my god Willow, are you okay?” Tara asked, concerned.

Willow grabbed her head in pain and said “Yeah, I just need an ambulance.” She joked.

She got up and said “I think I’ll go now. I’ll see you later tonight.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:04 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh wow, know what, I'm sick and I'm still giving feedback :P

That was a really nice update, and really brings up the fact that Willow should cancel her bet and give back the check... I dunno how she'll do that, and I'll kinda leave it to you to, well, write the rest as you are the writer :P

And Tara gave her the Garbage CD!!!! YAY!

thats really cool, keep writing, and of course don't overdo yourself. School is meant to be a pain, but like Paul said, you can kick it back once in a while :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:35 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

:lol poor willow. Great update. Can't wait until the next.

"I love you. I’m in love with you and you knew, but you didn’t make me tell you when you should have, because you deserve to hear it every. Single. Day. I love you Tara." ~ Willow, in Spark To A Flame

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:53 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hahahahahah!

That was sooooo funny! I was rolling on the floor!

I'm sorry that you're sick and I hope you feel better BUT if you being sick means we get funny updates like this..........I hope you don't get well for a LONG WHILE! (I don't mean that personally.....I'm just very selfish!)

Poor Willow......I hope it was still worth it for her. She had to edure so much pain!

Bad Willow......I hope she still has the check.

Update soon please...........pretty please! :flirt

P.S. I love this fic!

Last edited by Tonto on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.