The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Worlds Apart
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:50 am 
Ok, here I go, another try at a fic, this time gonna keep it slow and steady, lots of time to play with and as always the start is PG ( language) working up to the NC17 goodness, depending on my mood.

Feed back: Yes please. Negative, positve, or just idea's of what you think would be nice to see.

Author: Willowwise

Email: alys_willow@yahoo.com

Disclaimer: I don't take credit for any of the characters, I am just borrowing them for the time being. All Buffyverse, Fang gangers are property or Mutant and Joss...

Summery: Basically AU, the location is LA, probably all over the area, but most of the fun is based in Hollywood.

And now for the first chapter...

Worlds Apart, p.1

Today was just like any other day, a perfect seventy two degree's. I was in the most perfect slumber, I was having another one of the most zaniest dreams. Yep it was one of those days one of those days that you know you have to get out of bed, that you have to go to work, you have to pick up where yesterday left off. I could hear the click of my radio alarm clock and then the morning show come on. I normally like to wake up to music but I had been listening to this wonderful talk show host last night while lying in bed catch up on today's information. You see I'm not just any ol girl. No im the lead reporter for 'Los Angeles Times' Im like the goto gal for celebrity news and parties, I was hoping for something more in depth but you go with what you can at the time and if you happen to get stuck in one section of reporting you work your ass off till your the best and can bump up the food chain. Call me silly but english is my passion, I can't stand seeing improper english, it just really digs under my skin you know.

"Hey Kevin, you won't guess who I just saw last night."

I could hear the hosts rambling in with their 'I have to talk about something because this is what I do' enthusiasm of the early morning. Why do they have to be so darn perky?

"Who's that Bean?" The second voice came along.

I can see now why I never listen to talk radio. I am a morning person but I dont know I just never really got into the grove of talk radio. A few people at the office were in love with these guy's but me nu uh. Are you kidding their views my views it always ended in a rant. So here I go off with the morning, It's still early but I have to get in that good morning cup of coffee. It always wakes me, I guess the comercial is right, 'The best part of waking up is folgers in your cup.' I really do like the gourmet stuff better, but on days where I know that I just can't make it to Starbucks I just can't go without a nice steaming cup of Columbian Supreeme.

Oh goodness me its already a little after nine thrity and I can see I'm going to be late for my first article for tommrows edition, the opening of the new Zeadman Building started a little over ten minuets ago. I grab a quick drink of my coffee and set it on the counter before racing out of my apartment.

Traffic, it's a bitch. I am already way past late, or even casualy late, could I be anymore off kilter? I knew I should have centered my self last night but my body really wasn't interested in watching the perky brunnette move me into a sitting lilly pad, or a jungle tree, or what ever those yoga positions are. Maybe I can catch some good music on the raido that will give me a jonty tune to pass by this traffic jam. I really should have taken the back road but I guessed wrong. Oh goodie my song, I squeal in excitement, I know the day is going to get better, everytime this comes on it makes a better day. I can't help but remember the partriage family when I am having the worst day. That song is just so catchy "Come on get Happy." I can never really remember the whole song. Ok I don't remember the song but I can hear the instruments in my mind and I always remember that one section of lyrics.

Finally, dear lord I made it, bless the something that has gotten me hear in a some what not such great amount of time, but im here. I quickly find the underground parking and hop out of my beat up yellow 67 VW Bug. Ok not your typical car, but it gets me around, gas is cheap and I've had it since freshman year of college, It is so me.

"Yessss." I slightly hiss in excitement under my breath. They were delayed due to some techincal errors, but their head tech and programer is on site I hear from the gentleman next to me whispering to another man. I am so gonna still have my job! Sliding my shoulder bag over my hip and infront of me I nudge out from the depths a note pad and tape recorder for the speaches that I know will take forever to be said. I learned my first day on the job the even the fastest writer with the quickest short hand would get a hand cramp the size of the southern hemosphere from everything they say.

The only reason I was stuck on this assignment is because some celebrity had donated millions to the opening, but hey I can't complain it gets my name out there and into the open that I can also handle the big and 'real' news as well as the last celebrity outting and what they were wearing, me I could care less if its Versacci or DKNY, as long as it fits me and I don't look tacky I'm good to go. Flashing my press badge, I take up residence in a near to middle row since im not here for Radio or Television, the paper repoters are usually shoved to the back, if your lucky you can get to the middle.

From the side I hear my name yelled out a sound that I'm not unfamiliar with, Looking around I see the source of the reason my name is being called.

"MaClay." The tall man that I have been working with for just over a month is running up with his camera out.

"Hey Xander."

"Tara, hey sorry I'm late, well not super late, I was inside and got some great pictures for the article."

Raising a brow I am kind of skeptical of just how this young gun was able to get inside and snap some shots of the inner workings. He is quick to assure me that it was legal and I have nothing to worry about.

"It's ok I know their technician, long time friend." He gives me his goofy grin so I just go with it.

"Oh." I acknowledge and begin to give him instructions of what pictures I'll need. "Ok, so get me one of Sharon making her speach and also I need one of Sharon with her cutting the ribbon, also try and get a group photo of everyone if they get lined up."

"I'm on it." He states and weaves around in the crowd.

Sliding back into my spot I am quick to start, seems everything is back online and they are ready to open, Sharon makes her introduction speach, along with cutting the ribbon, it was touching the facility is meant to benifit young children with parents who are low on funds and need medical attention for long term ailments. They also announced a benifit dinner would be held later in the evening, along with live music starting their first fundraiser of the year to kick off the opening.

Of course the actual 'offical' opening of the building wouldn't be untill next week when they would allow patients to be seen. Now if only I could find my photographer I could get out of here and back to the office to type this up for the early morning edition. Moving in and out of crowds of reporters is like trying to fight a cop for the last Krispy Kream. To say the least I made it though safe, all appendiges in place and in tact.

Finally seeing Xander, I cant my head to the side. 'Who's the hottie?' Standing next to my partner, I saw a very atractive red head listening to an animated Alexander speak about something. She seemed really into what ever he was telling her, but we had to go, or at least I did. "Hey Xander!" I called out. Seeing him look up I motion that i'm taking off and he nods, a quick glance at the red head and I'm outta there.

"Will, that's the one!"

"The one who Xander?" The red head asks in confussion. Looking around and catching the retreating form of the blonde.

"The one that I think is the hottest in our local office."

Smacking his arm pretty hard she scoldes the brunette. "Xander! Uh HELLO, you have a girlfriend remember, Anya ring any bells."

Rubbing his nonhurt arm."Gesh Will, I can still look y'know, no harm no foul."

TBC...

Edited by: WillowWise  at: 4/15/05 4:21 pm

Post subject: Re: Worlds Apart
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:09 am 
Hey. I think this is going to be a great story. Keep up the good work.

brittney

~Good friends help you move. Real friends help you move the body.~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:22 am 
Ha that was great. Nice start. That Xander...geez. :lmao Can't wait for the update.

-wiccanbotanist

"If truth is stranger than fiction then where are the flying monkeys?" - Daria

Sugas mea papilium (Suck my butterfly) - A Woman in Uniform by umgaynow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:52 am 
Ok so my internet sucks and so does brain freezes, but here is a short update to continue my story along, hope you guys like it, I’m having fun coming up with quirky thoughts for later scenarios

Feed back: Yes please

Disclaimer: Please see part 1

Thanks from me to you:

Amazonaa:

Thank you for the comment, it was really nice to see that someone liked the start to my new try at a fic.

Wiccanbotanist:

Thank you. And yes I think dear Xander is gonna have a huge part in something, if not only the funnies then maybe a little cupid of sorts, here you go, no more waiting Part 2a of ‘Worlds Apart’.

Thanks again for the feedback it was a nice booster to write more.

Ash

Worlds Apart, Part 2.

Yet again, traffic, I really need to get a helicopter for this town. Something that doesn’t need to go on a freeway, I really should have just used the tram, its quicker no traffic and always insures a good parking spot. But hey I still get the chance in the traffic congestion to look back and reflect before the final process to my article.

Leaning over from my comfortable position of foot depressing the break and me resting my elbow on the door while holding my head in place I look at the time on the radio before I power the little Sony Xplode up. Not my idea of something to put in my car, me I really could have just gone with a cheap one that doesn’t have all these fancy buttons and program capabilities. Still when you have someone like my friend its kinda hard to just not listen. She can really go on, I like to think of her as long winded, but in truth she is speaking her mind and usually you can bet that there is a lot that she has to say.

Finally traffic is starting to move, I’ve only been inching forward for the last hour which is better then some of the other spots that can have you in a scrunch for hours, but that is usually when you are just coming in from the grapevine.

The cool blast of air conditioning blows my hair as if I am a model on a runway as I walk into the main entrance of the ‘LA Times’. It’s funny really, when I was studying in college I never imagined that I would have gone for my English major. I really was more into art, it still is a passion of mine and I have been known to paint something when my mood is just so indescribable that I need to release. Sometimes surprised at myself isn’t the right word, sometimes its ‘shocked’ that I am here, working for one of the largest papers distributed to the whole state of California, it some times baffles my mind that I was able to get in to such a closed circuit news paper.

Flashing my badge to the receptionist I try to rush past her desk as if in hurry but its too late. I hear her calling my name and I know that I don’t have it in me to blow her off, but sometimes she is just so, so grr arg that I practically want to just. I can’t even say it.

"Harmony!" I smile at her, giving a short wave.

I’m normally not a person to judge and I truly do give people the benefit of the doubt, but for some strange and unexplainable reason this girl can just crawl under my skin like nobody’s business. She just has this knack and I really wish that I could figure out the little nitch she finds in me. Maybe it’s the way she walks through life without a thought in the world, maybe it’s her attitude, and I just can’t figure it out.

When she first started I decided that I was going to try and set up some kind of inner office girls night out, my best friend and also our local gossip/Dear Abby typed columnist was up for the challenge. I think that with such a large company its nice to have a little network of friends that you can go out shoot the breeze with no inhibitions that it would get plastered all over the water cooler the next morning. Boy was I wrong, I don’t think my friend has had that much gossip even on her own time, and she is the one that digs up the dirt, really gets into her work. Pressing the button for the elevator I wait, its going to be a little agonizing but hey only a few more seconds of holding in this huge and bursting information before I can get it out, not so bad. I know I didn’t mention it earlier but I was just, side tracked.

*DING*

Taking a deep breath I step into the sliver case that is only suspended by cable and pulleys. I know She will die when she hears this, she has been bugging me to do it for over a year now and finally I actually did it, I can’t believe I decided to finally do it. The ride to the third floor isn’t to long at the most a whole five seconds but for me it was a life time to finally get there the silver sliding and I see her sitting there clicking away on her latest conquest in the life of celebrity gossip.

"Hey!" My voice coming out cheerful.

"OH MY GOD!" she jumps and spins around, apparently startled from my loud outburst.

"Oops, startle you?" I come closer and lean on her desk looking at her screen.

"No you just nearly scared the bajesus out of me and almost made me have to go home missy." She holds a stern finger at me looking up over the rim of her glasses. Unable to keep the smile contained she jumped out of her seat and had me falling over the desk, and onto the ground of her office floor in a vise like hug.

"Missed you too Anya." I smile and hug her back before pushing the little demon of a girl off me. "Sorry air was becoming a hazard to my health." I smiled at her over-joyed welcome back hug.

"When did you get back?" Sitting up and brushing the small amount of wrinkles down her light pink button up.

"The other night, WOW, who knew how beautiful New York is at night, that was amazing, and all I could think about was how much dirt you were missing out on." Grinning like a Cheshire cat I baited the sometimes blonde.

"Oh your evil MaClay, and you know it." She smiled and stood helping me up with her.

"Me, I'm not evil." Batting my eyelashes like an innocent child, I walked over to her computer chair and pulled it up to the screen. "Whatcha working on?" Looking back up to my friend who was hovering over me by now to refresh her memory Anya read a few lines and then shifted away to get comfortable. Sitting on the oak desk she thinks for a moment at least that is how she looked to me.

"Well, its a big top secret article, so no looking for you." She gave a grin that was actually causing a sparkle in her eye. "But I might reconsider, If and only IF you promise to be my date tonight for this event that I-" She coughed and then continued. "That I received."

"Oh, no, no I’m not going. The last time I went with you to some big smoozing party I ended up stuck for hours waiting for a cab while you went frolicking off with some floozy of a man." I couldn’t just wait I had to get up to my office and I knew that if I stayed she would get me to cave.

And cave I did.

TBC.

Edited by: WillowWise  at: 4/15/05 4:22 pm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:25 am 
Tara's a journalist, Xander's her photographer, Willow's a technician, and Anya's a gossip columnist? :eyebrow Haha this is cool! :bounce

So when will Willow and Tara get to meet? :D Anytime soon? :D lol I'm not surprised Hamrony is being a pain in Tara's ass. :p

Great writing! :read

Liv :kitty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:33 am 
Feed back: Gimme Gimme :banana

Disclaimer: Please see P.1

Rating: G

Summery: Complete AU, Character pairings may vary for the other characters.. Haven't decided yet.

Reply To Feed Back Recived:

Still Waters T: I hope you still think its cool, Willow and Tara my guess will be meeting in one of the next few chapters, I still have a few POV's to go over before the party.

Thank you for the feed back, it was really appriciated.

And now the continuing story....

Worlds Apart p.3

5:50 the small wall clock read in my smallish apartment, I couldn't believe that I had been suckered into actually going, if it didn't mean that I was 'required' to go I would be much happier sitting in my apartment working on something more fun, something like maybe my newest program; some kind of new structure for medical records. Then again there is always the chance I would be turning up on Buffy's front step wondering what she was up to, maybe some type of girls night.

But instead here I am waiting for my date to arrive to carry me off to the foundations grand opening dinner with guest Sharon oh whats her name. Yes I like celebritys, I meet a lot of them in the field I'm in. Working for large companys getting contracts that have been the great benifactor of a movie star, or some other kind of money bagged human. Yes I really should be kinder, I know I should, I kinda sound hipocritical here now don't I? I'm sure your thinking so, your probably saying, 'Uh Willow aren't programers pretty expensive, and if you have such large companys contracting you, that would give you a pretty big pay off' Well it does, but I really don't like to live that way, I like to live economically. I drive a normal car, nothing fancy, well its fancy to me, it has power windows air conditioning and a sun roof. But I love that car, I've had it since my second year in grad school, its a pretty silver Mitsubishi Galant. Pretty normal Right? Well I think so at least.

I still feel so self concious to go though, I don't want to seem like the nerd that is surounded by computers that she has no clue on what is going on in this world, because I do. I'm actually as up to date as the next girl in this world. But I check my self in the mirror and smile, Buffy did an amazing job helping me pick out this dress. Its actually quite flattering, and for me to say that is amazing, because well, I really am never sure if I look right. Its a sleeve less rouge that is a shade lighter then my red hair, and it has a gold japanesse motif going on, the garmet is so soft, it feels so sleek against my skin, nice and silky. It has a nice slit up the side, that I was very uncomfortable with while trying it on, and still am while wearing it now. But Buffy assured me I would need it for dancing, climbing any stairs, and the general walking part, I think there was also a crack in there about me waddling like a penguine if I had no slit in the side. I like how the neck part of it comes up, it wraps around and snaps just under my hair line, its really just a gorgeous dress on the maniquine.

Playing with the little tundrels that cascade down the side of my face, I wonder if it really was the right idea to wear my hair up, maybe it would look better if I had it down, just somthing simple. But I can hear the blonde fashion godzilla telling me no, leave it up, it suits you. She is the monger that would know too. Surprisingly after college Buffy went into design, I never knew the girl had it in her. Blind, that would be me, she was always so fashionable down to her toe nail polish.

Just to the point of my hand absently coming up to unclip my hair the door bell rang and I sighed, "You got your wish Buff." I mutter, walking out of the bathroom, I find myself opening the door to a handsom man of about six feet tall, dark mysterious eyes and gorgeously thick chocolate brown hair. "Great Ceasar's Ghost, what did you do with Willow?" He asks mocking how well I scrub up.

"Gee thanks Xander, you don't look to bad yourself." I lean in and give him a long welcoming hug. "Is Anya coming tonight?" I step back leaving the door open to grab my purse and make sure all the lights are out except a few in the hallway and the small end table lamp. I turn back around still waiting for his answer when I see that look, the big sheepish grin of 'I so hope I don't get caught.' "Xander?" I say drawing out his name, already giving the warning. "Xander please. Please say you didn't." I have a small whine in my tone. Y'know I love my best friends, they are the greatest, but this really is the worst part about having friends that love you so much.

"Well how about this, I won't say I did, and you wont think I didn't" He gives me the Xander look, the best way to explain it is, with a thought of 'I'm your best friend, Willz, please don't kill me for wanting to see you happy' Which he knows I can't resist. Walking to the door, I link my arm with his closing the door behind me and locking it.

Walking down the steps of the inner part of my building we keep idle chit chat, catching up on what we miss, how everyone is doing and what possibly could have come over some of the cartoon visionaries that grace the kids today. "You do look really nice Xand, I mean, you spiff up pretty good." I smile and get comfortable next to my friend in the nights shivering air. "So who is she?" I ask wondering if he and Anya had devised this together or if it was another one of her mislaid eggs on who I would like. In the time that the two cupids have been together, they have set me up on at least a dozen blind dates, and as you can see not a single one of them panned out.

The first one was the most disasterous, it had been a girl from college, real air head. I couldn't believe what they thought my taste was. Well ok back then I didn't have a taste, I just knew I liked girls, I wanted to be with them and I had no clue what to look for. So me being the dopey that I am, I asked my friends for advise, that year combined with Anya,Xander, Buffy and Dawn I found myself on one hopeless date after the next, never leading to anything more then a light dinner and seriously boring conversation. No one seemed back then up on the current events, what classes were the most mind excersising, it was always, who was dating who; what kegger was good to go to and something about Thigh Mega Tampon or whatever was accepting into their sorority.. Not my kind of intellect.

So as you can imagin the next few years had been just as date filled with nothing going anywhere that I would call a relationship, yeah I did have some really nice smoochie fests but I never let it go any further then the occasional second possibly third base, it really depends on what your definition is of the different bases. So here I am on what I hope is the last love connection these two try for the next year. I can screw my love life up on my own thank you very much.

"I'm not sure, Anya just told me she was gorgeous and that you shouldn't worry, this one is special."

"Special? The last fifteen that you two have set me up were 'Special' but if you mean Special 'ed' then yes, because I swear to what ever is up there that they have to of been so brain dead you would think a hampster was inside running the show." Sarcastic? Oh yes, I was definately being sarcastic, it was one thing to be set up, it was completely different when your friends seemed to pull names out of a hat.

"Will." He pleaded with me.

"Ok Xander, I'll give her a chance, I just don't want to be caught again in the same bad place I was with Katie, okay?" I ask as he opens the car door for me, sliding in I look up at him with the soft pleading puppy eyes that always makes him give.

"Okay." he says closing the door and running around to the drivers side.

TBC.

Edited by: WillowWise  at: 3/27/05 3:02 am

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:08 pm 
Owww, I like. So, what happens next??? Who meets who first??? What does Willow think about Anya taste??? Okay, i'll stop with the questions, heehee. Anyhoo, I like what I've read so far... Can we be blessed with another update soon??? Great work, take care. =)

Aaron

'Tarababy77'

"Don't buy into all the media crap. Love yourself for who you are, not what others THINK you should look like. It's DEFINITELY more important in this life to love each other despite our imperfections." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:37 am 
Summry: Complete AU, most locations will take place near or around Hollywood. As always the girls will meet, eventually.

Rating: PG-13 (Possible Adult Language)

Feedback: ooo Yes please -Makes a big ol' check mark in the yes column- :bounce

Replies to Feedback:

TaraBaby77: Aaron, Thank you for the wonderful feed back, As for your questions I will answer them in the order I read them; I can't tell you, I haven't decided yet, I won't know the exact answer till I get to that point in the story... I hope that is a good answer for now, but I will promise you that this is going to be slow, so as for a relationship its in the future, because of course the girls have to be together, its would be sacraligious if they weren't. And as for your last question that I saw, the update, oh yes hehe just scroll down. -smiles- hope you enjoy.

Worlds Apart p.4

Who would have ever known that I could get an article done and into a shopping spree all in one afternoon. Its damn near ludicrous that women should act like that in a store, there are over five hundred dresses, and they act like it is their last breath being taken from them- Sorry to get side tract but it's true and in my hunt for the right dress for the evening, I found that my patients was wearing thin. Maybe I should back up and tell you a little more about what happened. I was standing near what I would assume to either be best friends or sisters, they had been eying this one dress for almost five minuets when another woman walked up, I was shocked to see this, should have been filmed and placed on 'Animal Planet' but, it was like they were-- I cant even describe it, from the angle I was at, one was pawing at the others hair trying to push her back while the 'sister' snatched the dress, its amazing what people will do for a bargain. It really reminded me of a show I caught one night while I was spending an extra few hours double checking my article for a magazine that I was doing an internship at.

The way it went if I remember correctly, there were three women, all best friends. As the story went on, they ended up at a discount dress store that sold wedding gowns, they implored the uses of whistles and other various ways to call each other if they found what they were looking for, and as the bride to be reached for the dress, another woman had also put her hand on it, anyway they bantered back and forth, and then the main character sucker punched her and took off running blowing her whistle.. I know you now must be thinking, Why the rant Tara? It's simple really, it just makes my brain go into many different directions on why humans will do that, we are supposedly civilized, but at the same time we will act like a bunch of vultures circling our latest conquest. But I should really get back on track here.

As I was saying, I am really surprised with myself, I guess with a little motivation and a lot of pushing from Anya I got the article out of my head and saved onto a disk ready to be sent in soon as I get my editor to look it over. Now about my dress, I really don't think it was necessary to go into three different boutiques, but when you shop with Anya, she is the best of the best. So naturally I got dragged in and out of every store along the length of Rodeo Dr. Yeah I know its expensive, but Anya made it abundantly clear that it was a serious moment for spending, and after an hour of whining I tend to give in easily. So there I was standing in the middle of celebrity central, I could see the little wheels turning in and out of Anya's head as we shopped, wondering possibly how close she could get to Jennifer Tilly without her noticing that she was secretly listening in on her phone call, Or how if she stood at just a little more to the left she could look right over Bette Middler's shoulder and snap a memory shot of her credit card number and see just what types of purchases she had made, I know I know, Stalker is the first thing that comes to mind, and personally I really don't approve of her methods. But from how my blond dirt digger explains it, and this is her own words. "Tara, I'll explain this once to you, its a dog eat dog world, you have to just grab the bull by its balls, if the moment comes you have to say 'screw you scruples. And if you don't, then your screwed. I hate to quote something as lame as a movie, but I once saw it, and I now live by it. 'Your only as good as your next story.' Do you know who said that Tara?"

I remember as if it were yesterday, first day on the job and who did I meet first, none other then the mistress of trash herself Miss Anya Christina Emanuella Jenkins... Long name I know. I was standing by the coffee maker when I heard a shrilling squeal, jumping at the sound ( I was a lot more timid then compared to now) I turned to find a blond woman leached on to my Editor, I even think her leg was wrapped around his, the taunt English accent trying to over power her sound. Anyways as my shocked expression went to near stare, I had never seen a woman so freaked in her life. The next thing I know is a muttering and me trying to compose my self. "Damn bunnies, who would bring a bunny into a news paper? Who? Why god, why? Stupid bunnies." Clearing my throat to allow her a brief moment to push back what ever she was going to say next, I saw the questioning eyes glare at me. "Would you bring a bunny into a news paper office?" she asked coldly, and I groaned inwardly at how I knew my stutter would be near its fullest. "N-N-N-No Ma-Ma'am." I sputtered out.

"Good, I just can't believe that some incompetent fool would go to the pet shop on their lunch hour to buy one and then bring it back here, there should be a law against this. Someone should write our congress man and tell him of the flaw in the legal system." I was shocked at how much this woman disliked the little fuzzy cotton tails. "We-We-Well I-I-I think that-" She interupted me with daggers shooting from her eyes and a poison that would kill a viper. "You think what? Come on girl spit it out." She watched me intently for a good minuet before her glare became softer. "I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't of snapped at you Xander is always telling me that I should really direct my anger at the person I have the problem with, I'm Anya by the way." a smile softened all her features and then I of course introduced myself. Oh and to answer the question, Margot Kidder said the quote in Superman the movie.

So here I am sitting in my front room, waiting for the blond to arrive, she is already a half hour late and I'm wondering if she is caught up with Xander (Wouldn't be the first time). I'm really not sure why she didn't take him. I think she said that he was meeting an old friend, not to sure. I can't help but stand and start to pace a hole into my carpet, I really want to call her, but it would be too embarrassing if she were to answer and I may or may not be interrupting something. As I move the soft crush of the material clings to my body and makes a whispering noise that is barely audit-able I suppose if the crowd is large. I really do like the dress that we found, its a full length black evening dress. Plain but elegant; I decided on a diamond tear drop necklace that my mother had given me on my 16th birthday, it's beautiful and I don't think I could have chosen a better accessory for the evening. I decided to wear my hair down tonight, assuming that it would go with the more natural touch that I had absently started for my theme this evening.

Glancing down at my watch I note that its a little after six, and with a quick decision I go ahead and get ready to go, if Anya is running late I know she will be impatient and a slight bit agitated if I'm not on my feet ready to go. I should really do something about that with her, maybe teach her the virtue of the attribute. Walking through the hallway to my bedroom I take a quick scan and shut off the light, moving from room to room and repeating each step that I have made already before extinguishing the lights.

Just as the last room was complete the door bell rang and I hadn't even got out a word when I saw the excited little face peak in.

"You ready?"

"Yep, just grabbing my hand bag and turning off the lights."

"Good, don't want to keep them waiting." She smiled.

"Keep who waiting?" I ask, not quite understanding.

"Erm, uhh-- The people at the party." She smiles deviously.

"Anya, who are 'them' and why would they be waiting?" I ask using her words to show that I am not buying her answer.

" Well, 'them' would be Xander, and a friend."

"What kind of friend?" I ask suspiciously.

"Oh, just an old school chum of Xander's." She smiled sweetly.

Walking to the edge of the couch, I grab the small evening bag from the arm, slipping it over my wrist, I do a quick look over once again and head to the door. Anya who hadn't really moved from the area opened it and walked out onto the front porch, stepping to the side she allowed me enough room to come out and close the wooden slab and lock up. Taking my hand she started to pull me off towards the car as my heals dug back to slow her down.

"Anya, why would Xander be bringing a school friend to the opening of the Zeadman Building?"

She shrugged while continuing to walk, this peaking my radar I knew something was up before, but this just confirmed all my theory's and set them into a firm idea of what was going on. "I'm not going." I dug my heals down and put a halt to my pace. She spun in shock and looked at me as if I had just wounded her.

"Why?" She asked pointedly.

"Because, I am not going to be your Guinea pig on 'The Love Connection.' Hosted by Anya and Xander, I refuse."

"But Tara-"

"No."

"Come on Tara, just this once, please... I promise on everything, that I will never ask you this again."

Raising my brow, I knew I had her. "Everything?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes. Everything, I swear on my hate for those floppy little minions that this is the last time."

Exhaling the deep breath I had been holding in, I watch her for a moment. "Fine, I'll go."

She smiled brightly and then began to pull me along to the car again, oh boy this was going to be an interesting night. At least I know that most of it will be enjoyed with my friend, something we hadn't gotten to do since my return from New York. As I slid into the car, my mind started to move to the word that Anya had used so easily 'chum' that could be female right? Not that it was really a masculine or feminine way to describe a friend it really had me worrying. Through out the car ride it kept playing in the back of my mind. Finally I couldn't let it simmer any longer.

"Anya?"

"Yeah Tara."

"You remember I'm gay right?"

TBC.

Edited by: WillowWise  at: 3/31/05 2:54 am

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:03 pm 
Great update... I need more. Oh my goodness, I could not stop laughing at Anya and her fear of bunnies. Oh and:
Quote:
"Because, I am not going to be your Guinea pig on 'The Love Connection.' Hosted by Anya and Xander, I refuse."

... I could so see Anya on that show, putting her whole heart into setting people up.

Anyhoo, great update and can't wait for some more. Take Care. =)

Aaron

'Tarababy77'

"Don't buy into all the media crap. Love yourself for who you are, not what others THINK you should look like. It's DEFINITELY more important in this life to love each other despite our imperfections." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:27 am 
Disclaimer: Please see first chapter.

Author: WillowWise

Email:Alys_Willow@yahoo.com

Replies to Feedback:

TaraBaby77:
Aaron, thank you again for lovely feedback, it's always nice to see. Yes I loved that part myself too! I think that this story is going to be one of my favorites to write, I love Anya's quirky factor and how she is always the comic relief, wether I am able to write that to the way she was on the show, I hope I come at least a little bit close to it.

Worlds Apart, Part 5.

"So your saying, this Sharon lady, she is like huge on the board of directors?"

"Yep big cheese."

"Wow."

"Wow is right Xand." Willow smiled as she looked over to her best friend.

We pulled into the Rainbow lounge after a steady ride on the free way. It was quite calm for the hour, usually there were still stragglers coming in from out of town trying to beat the congestion. I was amazed at how in depth the decorating went. When I was told that Sharon was extravagant in all of her conquests I never imagined that she would go all out, there was a live band that played in between songs, Ice sculptures that represented children and family's, it was to the nines.

I hadn't entered the ballroom yet, only knowing what a friend of mine had told me from seeing some of the ideas that had gone into this opening night. Looking out the passenger window I took in the entire setting, my eyes hungry with the busy valets, scanning over the decadent water fountains, and how the lighting seemed to be dimmed even while sitting in the semi new pick up.

The door opened and I was immediately greeted with a hand ready to help me out, smiling I shifted out of the raised truck and smiled to my escort. "Thank you Xander." Watching my friend with curious eyes as to what was going on in that mind of his, I was rewarded with an answer.

"Hey Will?"

"Yeah?"

He took my arm and wrapped it around his, guiding me to the entrance, his hand over mine. I couldn't remember ever feeling this important in my life and I am just a guest. Looking over to me as we walked he continued on with the reason he had gathered my attention.

"Do you remember the last time we were all dressed up and feeling like we were big kids?" A goofy grin settled on his lips.

"Senior Prom, Oz was my date, you had just met Anya and Buffy was still going crazy over Angel."

"Do you remember what I told you that night?"

"That you were wearing your spider-man boxers?" I chuckled inwardly, Only Xander would wear something like that just so he wouldn't feel the end of an era coming near.

"Not that part, the other part, the part where I told you you're beautiful."

I stopped dead in my tracks, My eyes going wide and I wasn't sure what I was about to hear.

"Xander Harris, there will be no fluking, this is a no fluking zone, and I will not let you ruin your relationship with fluking clothes causing wonky things." I waggled my finger at him but close to bursting out with laughter at how many times I had said the word 'fluke.'

His eyes also going wide with mine at the mention of our kiss and small little thing while we were back in high school. "No Will." He looked terrified at what I had said. "No, that isn't what I was getting at, I wanted to tell you I was wrong." A soft look crossing his features, one I hadn't seen in years.

"You were wrong? What do you mean you were wrong, what am I all warty and and fish scaley, or is it my hair, see I told Buffy I shouldn't wear my hair up, is it my make up, I look like a skank don't I? I knew I was big with the skanky and and-- Its all thick with the dark and and with the eye liner and I-- Is it the shoes? it has to be the shoes are they making me too tall I look like queen of Amazonia don't I?" I was about to continue when I was stopped.

"Willow!!" I heard my name called looking for the reason I slightly smiled.

"Anya, what brings you here, with the extremely tight dress and the Godiva diamond.." Turning to Xander quickly I whispered. "I thought you said she was bringing someone." I returned my attention to the now blond.

"Hey Anya, where is the who that you were supposed to bring for the other you know who?" He nodded in my direction thinking that I didn't have some form of peripheral vision.

"What are you talking about Xander?"

Anya's tight reply came, she was as confused as he looked. My only thought that seemed to be running through my head was poor Xander, he must have misunderstood his girlfriend and was now feeling sheepish at the prospect of me almost tearing off his arms and smacking him with his own appendages.

"You know, the thing with the other thing of the who and with the--" With Anya's deepening confusion the brunette gave up his impossible to crack code. "Where is the lady that you brought for Willow?" He began to rub the back of his neck, I'm sure he was feeling some kind of tension.

"Oh, her.. Tara is just finishing a call up with Giles, she was almost in pure hysterics when he told her that he had forgotten to mention she had a late assignment, apologizing profusely and there were lots of 'Oh lords, and good gracious' when he heard that she had made plans."

"Tara?" You could see the wheels in Xander's brain spinning and doing over time at the mention of the name. "Like blonde Tara, stands oh yey high." He used his free hand to describe her height. "Blue eyes, also happens to work at the LA Times, and is your best friend Tara?"

"Yes Xander, you don't have to drool. That would be her." A devious smile playing over her lips, she apparently knew how much Blond's made the photographer go gaa gaa and practically become a babbling idiot.

"Wait a minute." I needed to break there little discussion up. "Anya, your setting me up with a co-worker?" I had to take in a deep breath of air, going out with one of your best friends co-workers was a big no-no on my dating list, after the last fiasco I vowed to myself that I would never ever do something like that again.

"Yes Willow, she works at the Times, and yes she also happens to be one of my very best friends. Good part about her, she is your type."

"My type? I have a type?" I looked to Xander for confirmation.

"Of course you do, she is gay. Duh gesh and I thought I was the slow one." Came the blonds exasperated response.

Well if that was my type, I have a whole world out there of 'my type' but seeing as how I'm not really in the market for dating, I would just go with a really good friend type, which I didn't even know if Tara was my friend type.

As my eyes looked around at the people that were starting to file in they landed on a beautiful blond that was walking towards us, immediately my heart started to beat faster, my breathing becoming more shallow. 'Is that her?" I asked inwardly.

Edited by: WillowWise  at: 4/12/05 3:41 am

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:56 pm 
WOOHOO!!! :banana :banana

It's always great to come to work and find an update!!! Great update too. As I started reading, I got to the part about Xander and his boxers and started laughing hysterical. Not a good thing to do when there is a huge meeting going on, right in front of you, LOL!!! Bad enough, I did it again when I got to Willow having a type. I think that was a dead give away that I wasn't paying any attention to the meeting. But, I got to the end and I was like, "What, you can't stop there!?!" Willow see's Tara, what happens next??? Anyhoo, great update and so can't wait to see how Willow reacts. Take care. =)

Aaron

'Tarababy77'

Post subject: Slow Poke me...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:45 am 
Hello to all the lurkers and feed back givers... Just wanted to say I'm sorry I haven't updated, I've been sick and dealing with my boyfriends personal issues, sorry I haven't been able to sit down and make a update, but with the fuzzy brain and impending doom of trying to keep my living sitch good gotta get that done, hope you don't mind all the personal info, but just wanted to say Im still here. :kgeek

Ashley.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:11 am 
3. Flaming O

Worlds Apart
By: WillowWise
Email: Alys_Willow@yahoo.com
Disclaimer: See first post.
Rating: PG-13 (for mild adult language)

Feed Back: Ooo Gimme I so love any, negative, nutral, general yay! :banana

Replies from previous post:

Tarababy77: Aaron,
Ought oh, I hope you didnt get into any trouble with the laughter, coz in that case I should so add possible -LOL- warnings! -smiles- just kidding, but I am glad that you liked the update, I hope that in the next many updates I still peak your intrest. If ever you have an idea or something of the nature that you would like to see happen in the next updates just give me a heads up and I will try to work it in the story... I like to keep the readers happy.

~Ashley

Worlds Apart, Part 6.

Oh great so here I am thinking that this evening I'm going to try and have a good time, when damn it my phone just had to start ringing and me being me of course answered it, knowing I could have just sent the incoming call to voice mail. I guess deep down in the back of my mind, I just really wanted a good reason to slip out of this 'date'. I know that more in likely this person that Anya thinks would be good for me is completely wrong, she has to be. Anya and my tastes are completely different. But still why am I having doubt that this could be the one, that maybe this time Anya was right. Which I will never admit out loud ever again. That girl doesn't know the meaning of 'rubbing it in'.

So here I am sitting in the car waiting, trying to figure out how I'm going to be nice about this, about me having to work instead of hanging out with my friends and the blind date. Anya already knows that Giles called, she doesn't know that I told him yes I'll do the story, she only heard half before getting out and going to meet up with the others. 'Come on Tara, think. This isn't hard. Hey guys, sorry that I can't party the night away, Giles really needs me to cover this story.' But if I do that then I look like I'm avoiding all thought of speaking to this mystery person. I don't want to be rude, and I really don't want to give this date thing a try again. Why can't they ever just find me new friends? Everyone needs friends.

Inevitably I know I have to get out of this vehicle sooner or later, so lets just do it now. That was the final thought to get me out of the contraption and I began to walk up to the front. It was really beautiful, the lights and how it gave it a semi dusk look and the fountains and then even the ice sculptures. My attention was drawn from the delicate shavings that created the frozen water fall to a group of people standing talking and I knew right then, that this was my crowd. I only caught a hint of what was being said, mostly by Anya. Ducking quickly behind a white marble pillar I waited, not wanting any of them thinking I was spying on them, which technically I was. But something like that and knowing your blind date heard, well it wasn't something that any girl would want.

I replayed the last bit in my mind. "Yes Willow, she works at the Times, and yes she also happens to be one of my very best friends. Good part about her she is your type." I could hear my friend getting a little agitated at Xander's 'school chum.' Then finally the red head spoke at least I assume by proper logic it's her."My type? I have a type?" She seemed confused, yet amused at the fact that this person said she had a specific type of girl she liked more then others, that caught my interest right away. Was I her type? As the next sentence emerged I felt like I had been knocked over with a feather. "Of course you do, she is gay. Duh gesh and I thought I was the slow one."

I was crestfallen, there was no answer to her 'type' nothing in there at all. And still I had this nagging voice in the back of my head slapping the back of my wrist as if I were in trouble or some little girl being reprimanded. 'What is with you? You just said you don't want to date? Are you confused, I think your confused.' The curt tone and bluntness made my stomach turn, I was getting reprimanded by Anya. Well the Anya in my head, which sounds more psychotic then it does something that is supposed to be helping me. Looking out into the stars for some guidance, maybe my mother was watching over me from heaven and she could give me something to go on. A small flash of a blond about my build and height walked by catching my eye, I stopped to look at her for the brief passing pulling my mind from it's thoughts.

Taking a deep breath I managed to get my emotions in check.

[center]*****[/center]

"Willow." I could hear my name being called, but I didn't want to leave this little place I was in. I saw the blurred fingers snap in front of my face and that inevitably pulled me out of this little revere that I was in.

"Yeah?" I looked to Xander, who had a somewhat confused look on his face.

"What'cha lookin at?" He asked almost child like.

"Umm, I thought I saw the woman you described, but I guess I was wrong, coz uh heh-"

"Tara, where?" Anya cut in tuning back into the conversation, usually so attentive and sharp, she seemed to be loosing her edge as of lately.

"As I was saying. She kinda just walked straight past you guys and into the hotel. So I'm taking a wild hunch that in less this Tara is like Cordilea then that wasn't her." I continued.

"Oh no, that wasn't her then, Tara is sweet, sometimes a little jumpy but normally sweet." Anya interjected.

I couldn't help but get caught up in the thought of this woman, why Anya had held her to such a high standard. It was different when you heard the once a week hair color changing woman speak, normally it was as if she were a breeze in the wind, nothing favorable to say about anyone. But with Tara, a girl I hadn't even met yet, she held her to this high reguard as if she were some kind of goddess that should be on a pedestal, with Anya you don't come by that to often. Usually if she is telling you about someone its like she is describing a can of dog food. I can't help but imagine her striding in on a ray of sunshine, but I know that is my imagination over reacting and I need to get a grip.

"So ladies, I guess we should be making the way into the party?" Xander gestured with his hands squeezed into his pockets and a shrug as if he wasn't sure.

"Yeah..." Anya seemed so dismissive, as if she felt something wrong, maybe she was scared that Tara had changed her mind.

Or that was just my nerves talking and I was reading to much into this. With a soft smile I started to walk in, only to be stopped by my best friends hand on my shoulder. Looking up into the warm brown eyes that I had smiled to before, he made a gesture for me to intertwine my arm with his. Xander was really a gentleman when he wanted to be.

[center]*****[/center]

'Ok MaClay, you have to go in now, they are going in without you and that means your really late, bad impression on Willow, and for sure Anya will be asking millions of 'Why's' and 'How come's' if you don't get your ass in there. Stepping around the cylinder I moved with a haste and caught up rather quickly, only a few steps behind the group that I would be eating dinner with and hopefully sharing some laughs.

"Any room for another in this party of three?" I asked with a confidence.

Anya stopped mid stride halting the other two with her movement, she whipped around almost as if she was playing some form of elementary school yard game that gives children whiplash. A large doting grin spread across her lips as if she hadn't seen me in almost a year, which was odd for Anya. It always gave me a heads up that she was planning something, and I was usually in the center of said plan.

Looking at her with a questioning tilt to my head I couldn't help but ask. "Umm, why are you looking at me like I'm next weeks article?"

"Hmm, funny you should say that Tare, coz I was just gonna mention that I was thinking of doing a piece on you-" Air quotes dancing in around with her fingers. "I was thinking of titling it 'The dating habits of the Times biggest reporter.' maybe give some tips on what to do, oh say like, not leaving said mystery date to be oogled by all available wealthy women." Giving me a mock glare, I knew she was teasing, but also being serious with her words.

"Hey, hey not my fault. Giles and the call. You know how much he talks." 'LIAR!!!' My insides challenged me. "I couldn't get him to stop." 'LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!' I gave an apologetic look to everyone. But one set of eyes I couldn't pass over.

Ducking behind my hair I felt a surge as if I were back in high school. A deep blush running up my neck to my ear, I glanced back up to the wide green orbs that were watching me. "Hi." I said softly. "Y-You must be Wi-Wi-Willow." again barely audible. 'Damn it Tara, you got rid of that pesky stutter after you met Anya, why now does it have to surface again?' My mind attacked and of course I had to respond. 'Because, pretty girl is looking at me, and I think I like pretty girl.' What ever was inside berating me wanted to go for a round 2. 'So cave speak and stutter, that makes great for conversation.. Ugh me T-Tara you Pr-Pretty.. Me smack you on head take home' And just for a great measure it was laughing at me. 'I am not going to fight with myself, this is crazy, and why am I still talking?'

A soft smile lightened her features and I couldn't help but blush more, her voice so sweet it was like a thousand angels singing to me.

"Hi, I'm Willow." She ducked her head a little with mine, watching my eyes.

We stood still for what seemed like an eternity, both just content in the silence, making small talk in the stilled night.

"Well I guess we made a match." Xander smiled to Anya proud of their accomplishment.

"Indeed Xander Harris, this is two points us, zero Love connection. Maybe next time I can put you in an adult diaper and give you a bow with some arrows and have you shoot the little suction cup part at their butts like last night when we were at home and you were--" A masculine hand clamped around her mouth.

"Heh, Ahn 'member we talked about this, things that are private we don't go saying in front of our friends." His eye's darting around sheepishly at any onlookers or the two women who seemed to be in their own little world.

Tugging at the hand the blond released her boyfriends grasp. "I wasn't going to tell them that you dressed up as cupid, just that I think your butt looks very touchable in the diaper." She looked at him with an annoyed expression that could only be read as 'You better give me many orgasms to make this up Xander Harris.'

Shoving his hands in his pockets he looked around yet again feeling as red as Willow's hair.

"So, we should-" I started to say, still watching Willow.

"Go inside." Willow finished up for me, still smiling and seeming some what in a haze.

Our small party of four continued on into the grand dinning room, all in awe of the decorations and extravagance that was being held in the buildings honor. But Still I couldn't stop beating myself up over the fact I had told Giles it was no problem, I would go ahead and work tonight. It wasn't as if I would be gone the entire time, just that I had to leave this enticing beauty's side. Trailing the crowd a shorter man caught my gaze, having not seen him since College I smiled and waved to him.

[center]*****[/center]

This seemed like it was going to be a perfect night, Tara looked amazing in her dress, I was feeling a little more confidant in this set up, how much better could this night become? 'Damn-it Will, you just jinxed it.' I could hear Buffy's voice poking my mind, 'huh, I did no such- Stop talking to yourself.' I continued in my mind, my eyes not really responding to the man that was waving back at me, or the group. With a sharp prickle in my body I managed to focus again and my eyes narrowed. "Oz." I breathed.

TBC....

Hope you still like it.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:34 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

WillowWise wrote:
"Hey, hey not my fault. Giles and the call. You know how much he talks." 'LIAR!!!' My insides challenged me. "I couldn't get him to stop." 'LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!' I gave an apologetic look to everyone. But one set of eyes I couldn't pass over.

Oh my gosh that cracked me up so much. Really sounds like something i'd say.

WillowWise wrote:
'Because, pretty girl is looking at me, and I think I like pretty girl.' What ever was inside berating me wanted to go for a round 2. 'So cave speak and stutter, that makes great for conversation.. Ugh me T-Tara you Pr-Pretty.. Me smack you on head take home' And just for a great measure it was laughing at me. 'I am not going to fight with myself, this is crazy, and why am I still talking?'

I love that. Great update. Can't wait till the next.

Last edited by WT214 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:25 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

WOOHOO!!! I was happy to see an update. And a update it is. The whole cupid thing had me laughing so hard that I had to take break from reading because my eyes where watering, heehee. Anyhoo, great work. I really hope to see more soon. Take care. =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:07 am 
3. Flaming O

Worlds Apart
By: WillowWise
Email: Alys_Willow@yahoo.com
Disclaimer: See first post.
Rating: PG-13 (for mild adult language)

Feed Back: Ooo Gimme I so love any, negative, nutral, general yay!

Replies from previous post:

So sorry that this update has taken me so long, lack of things that were very needed to make this post, one being story idea and two I had no internet for a few months while I was beating Comcast with a dancing bananna. They didn't like that to much and well then I pretty much had to given and give up the dispute.... Big company's always seem to win over us little people.. Where is Erin Brockovich when you need her. But anyways I will stop my rambling now and give you the update. Sorry for any typos or miss spellings, just really wanted to hurry and post this.

WT214: Im glad you liked my update so much, I am having fun writing it. I'm glad you also found this story. I hope this next update is to what you expected, I had fun writing it. But it was still for some reason a hard chapter to get though... I think I have writers block... I wont keep you any longer from the update, and as always thank you so much for the feed back.

Aaron: As always it is a pleasure to see that you read my update, hopefully this time it wasn't causing you to get into to much trouble. Im glad you loved the cupid part, I was cracking myself up picturing it as I was writing it. There are many more Anya and Xander blunders in this so I hope you like

Ash.

[center]Part 7; Worlds Apart[/center]

"Oz." I breathed. What was he doing here? Yeah ok he is one of the best sound stage guys I know, but why tonight why now? Slightly miffed, mmhmm. A little disturbed, most likely. But the last time I saw him we were in our first year of College. Buffy and I were dorm Buddies and Oz and I were old High School sweet hearts. I don't know if you can consider us High School sweet hearts, but we did steam up a few windows in out time. He was my first love. This was wierd, I hadn't seen him in over five years, maybe more. More in likely it was still left over resentment from our final break up. I was nineteen, I guess most girls at that age who are like me would of thought the world was ending in that moment when you hear the words. 'It's not working.' and then the 'It's me not you.' phrase.

It was the Winter of said year in college, we had just gotten back from finding a christmas tree for the dorm room (Buffy's idea, not mine I'm Jewish.) Xander had just finished draggin it in, and were all trying to put it up in the Christmas tree stand. When we stood back to look at it the large evergreen started to timber and I was pushed back into Oz. Smiling at my boyfriend of the time I happened to look up and notice that were directly under the mistle toe. I leaned in for a kiss, but he pulled away. Me just thinking nothing of it and maybe it was a public thing I shrugged it off. So as the story goes the group pulled out the extreemly dust ornaments from Buffys' Mom's house and we all gathered to hang the little wooden men and tree bulbs.

Only a few hours after the tree was fully errect and supported firmly we decided that hot chocolate on such a cold night would make it seem more like the christmas cheer. Since California never recived snow, well in the valley parts it didn't. As the night moved on we stopped by 'Perks' our normal hang out, grabbing to go cups we wanted to make it an early night because we still had one large midterm the next morning (Well Buffy and I did). As the we all were walking back up to the dorm Oz asked me if we could talk. Of course I was more then happy to talk to him, after all I thought I was in-love with him. Knowing now that at the time I wasn't I was just clining to any warm body that showed me attention. He took me to one of our favorite parts, the little lunch area on campus, lined with trees picnic benches and tables. And that is when it happened, the 'its not you it's me.' I still remember most of what he said. 'Willow your a great girl, and we've had some great times.' That jerk even smiled when he said that. 'But I don't see us going anywhere, together that is.' Let me tell you, I was more confused then working a calculus problem in kindergarden. Going anywhere? I asked. 'Yeah, your going to be something great after college, and me I'm more about my music and touring, we can't have a relationship with me gone all the time, or you having to uproot from any job every other month.' I was starting to get it. Oh. It was all I could think of to say, I couldn't think, let alone say anything after that.

I remember making a lot of nodding motions, I remember wanting to hit him so hard, but that wasn't me. After he said goodbye that night, I never talked to him again. But that night I remember walking back up to the room, it was completely dark, Buffy already in bed. Xander and Anya well on thier ways home. Walking in and closing the door I slumped on my bed and sat there in shock. That night I cried so hard I felt like I was dying, but my best friend and confidant was there for me to make me feel better, supplying a full amount of names and how many different ways she wanted to hurt him for hurting me.

"Xander I want punch." I heard Anya whine, pulling me out of the little walk down memory lane.

Looking at Tara and I sheepishly he smiled and motioned his head to the bar. "We're gonna go get something to drink, would you two like anything?"

A small smile from Tara's lips and a shake of her head to indicate that she didn't want anything yet. I repeated the same motion, and stood there silently as the two walked off, leaving me alone and with a girl that I had never met before in my life. Moving out of the way of some people coming in for the party, I watched as couples and friend's danced and enjoyed the beginning events of the night. I could see Tara watching me out of the corner of my eye and I felt a little out of place, I must seem like such a doofus, not talking being Miss quiet gal and all. I really wish I could think of something but well to my unfourtunate thought nothing was coming to me. But that didn't matter just as I was actually about to say something a small male voice broke the silence between myself and Tara.

"Tara MaClay right? We had History together Junior year." The stubby little man asked. Just like him to ignore me, maybe it was his way thinking that it would spare my feelings not to say anything to him, pfft I wasn't losing sleep over him.

"Oz, hi!" She said a little to excitedly.

"Hey, didn't know if you would remember me." He smiled.

"Of course I would, who could forget that semester with Professor Helent, It truely was a year long trip to Sea World." She lightly chuckled, and as if it dawned on her at that moment she stood a little more to the side, linking her arm in mine. "Oz I'd like you to meet my date, Willow. Willow, Oz -Oz, Willow." She gave a little smile after the introduction.

"Willow?" Oz spoke first.

"Hi Oz, long time no see." I said a little sourly.

"Wow! It's good to see you." He leaned in to hug me. I lightly hugged him back.

"Oh so you two already know each other?" Tara questioned. "Well this is good, maybe Oz could join us, our table does seat five, I mean if your okay with that Oz. I don't want you to feel like the fifth wheel."

"Actually, I can't but thank you for the invatation." He gave a hug to Tara and then looked at me slightly wierd. "Willow-" his left eye slightly squinting as if putting a thinking puzzle together. "It was good to see you again." With a brief wave he parted back into the crowds, and just as I thought that maybe my life was going a little more then something that should be in a cult classic of bad luck I heard an all to familiar voice.

"Will was that Oz?" I heard Xander question.

"Uh huh." I said with an undertone of please lets not bring up old wounds.

"Wow that must be a little wierd, you and Oz. Oz meeting Tara on your first date." Anya stated while sipping her drink.

"Ahn, Honey, what did we talk about..." Xander chided.

"Which one? There are a lot Xander. Like the no telling people about when you dress up as a soilder and we play wounded soilder and nurse, and then there is the one when I don't talk about you liking spank-" And again a masculine hand clamped over her mouth. Xander grinned at us in a pleading manner to not ask.

"Ouch!" Xander howled in pain. "Why did you bite me for?" He looked at Anya and then his hand seeing the small teeth impressions.

"Because you keep putting your big manly hands over my mouth, and this isnt like when we play Bane and the damsel. I would appriciate it Xander Harris if you would stop doing that to me." After the small rant Anya straightened her dress. "And for another thing, I wasn't going to say that Oz was Willow's boyfriend, I was just going to say that it must seem wierd them both being here."

"Bo-Boyfriend?" Tara looked at me in shock, and then to Anya and Xander. She seemed so hurt and small. "Wi-Wi-Willow you have a boyfriend? When was anyone going to tell me that Willow had a boyfriend?" She looked so angry.

"Tara-" I tried to interject.

"No!" She just below yelled. "I'm sorry, but I can't do this. Xander, Anya it was nice of you to try and set me up, but please don't ever again. Willow, it was-" She looked as if she wanted to bite my head off and then blend it. "It was interesting. Good evening." At that she turned and swept back out of the hotel ballroom.

I looked at Anya with the evilest of glares I could muster up, and then I looked to Xander who had a look of I am so sorry Willow. "I've gotta go you two. Uhm I'll call you tomrrow Xander."

[center]*****[/center]

I had only gotten down the street, maybe about four blocks before I actually stopped my angred pace. I sat on a dusty bus stop bench, it wasn't to comfortable but I needed to get my anger in check before I could actually continue to walk. How could I be so stupid, how. There was no way such a pretty girl like that wasn't straight, I always end up with the straight one's why can't I just find a nice friendly lesbian, instead of the nice friendly straight girls. But I could have sworn, all of the things checked yes to her being gay. She did look at me like she liked me, but maybe it wasn't the I like you like I wanna do you like you.

This was just so wrong on so many levels. "Stupid." I said under my breath, 'Hi Oz, this is my date Willow, oh what she is your girlfriend too, wow don't I feel sheepish.' "Stupid." I muttered again. Taking another calming breath I decided that maybe I should just get over it now, I don't need to wake up tommrrow with this going on in the back of my mind, I'll never get that article up and running in time if I keep letting this fester.

"What's stupid?" I heard softly asked.

"You." I said with a vengeance.

"Tara, listen. I'm sorry about what Anya said in there,-" I cut her off again.

"Look Willow, I'm sure your a lovely person, and even a really nice person. But I don't like to be decived, I don't like it when someone plays me for a fool, I'm not stupid. This night was just the topping on my dating cake."

"Tara, I've been trying to tell you that. You see-"

"But I'm sure your a very nice straight girl but I don't want to get involved with someone who may or may not be gay, and also someone that is already involved." I couldn't believe I was standing up for myself and what I believed in so much.

Before I knew what was going on Willow just took a large step towards me and lifted me from my feet. "Tara." I tried to stop her but she shhh'ed me and continued in a very soft and understanding voice. "I tried to tell you before you left. But you were still really angry." Oh great here she is about to tell me that she was involved, or that maybe she and Oz had an 'open relationship' for her experimental phase. "I am gay." and right then she leaned in and kissed me so softly on the lips but still a little of agression to it, like she was trying to prove to me of how gay she was. Wrapping my arms around her neck I fell into the kiss and the moment that we were having. Our lips crushed, slipped and slided over the others, she even pulled me in closer for one more soft peck before she pulled away, a small silence still lingering.

"So you do like girls?" I asked.

"I think I just like one." A simple smile stared back at me.

(ok, hope you all still like it!)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:14 pm 
3. Flaming O

I just found this fic and I LOVE it! I was a little confused by the switching from character to character because you write their thoughts in the first person. I'm over that now and I simply can't get enough. Your writing is amazing and I can't wait to read more of your stories so please share. Have you written anything else? Don't be shy! :flirt

Quote:
"So you do like girls?" I asked.
"I think I just like one." A simple smile stared back at me.

I loved these lines!

Update soon please...........pretty please! :flirt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:20 am 
3. Flaming O

Tonto~ Thank you for the compliment, I really am enjoying writing this fic, but unfortunately I have come to an impass where I have a big ass wall in my way and can't see where I want to go with this at the moment. I hope to fix that very soon, I'm thinking of re-reading the fic myself so I can get a little inspiration going on.

If you would like to read any teasers or previous fics, please email me.
Alys_Willow@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:04 am 
3. Flaming O

[center]Worlds Apart[/center]
[center]Written by: Classic Red
Edited and Muse: The WiZaRd
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from BtVS, I am simply a fan who see's a story . I do not claim any of the people in this story, so please don't sue.
Email: alys_willow@yahoo.com
Rating: PG- NC17, please see chapter advisory.
Comments, thoughts: Please, I love to hear what you think![/center]

Part 8

The blond was sleeping blissfully compared to the night before, having cried herself to sleep, She just couldn't understand why things hadn't worked out, Willow had felt right this time, like she would of been the one, unfourtunately she hadn't been. Hadn't been at all, she was straight, and even worse, she had someone, someone that Tara knew... Knew from school. Why, Why did this always have to happen to her? Her sleeping form began to roll as her dream started to fade.

I think I just like one.

The voice kept echoing and her conscious struggled to stay in that moment forever, that perfect moment with a girl that seemed to feel like her match, match made in heaven. The low playing tones on her cell phone though continued to contribute to her struggle of wanting to sleep. Blinking her eyes in the blaring morning sun, the blond checked the time and grumbled to herself as she picked it up. Looking at the small screen it read in a small font 'Buffy has sent you a text message.' Falling back onto her pillows, and snuggling under the blanket deeper she tossed the phone to the other side of the bed before shrugging the covers over her head.

"I am SO not even answering that." The emotional woman stated to herself. The quiet began to consume her once again, but not for long, this time though it was a more loud and irritating ring. 'Stupid work profile.' The blond mumbled in her mind. Miffed she tossed the covers off her head and grabbed the phone. "Hello." Tone very harsh and clearly upset.

'Oh good your up!' Came the cheery response.

"I wasn't."

'Oops, did I wake you? Oh well, now that your up.. So tell me? How was it? Was there smoochies? Did she give you the warm tingles? Was there magic?'

"Oh, sparks flew alright." She grumbled the response slowly sitting up in her bed, knowing she wasn't getting off the phone anytime soon. "Just not in that knee pop way."

'That bad huh?' The fashion designers voice turned more empathetic then perky.

"Well if you get considered being set up with a breeder, sure it went great!" Her fake enthusiasm melted through the phone.

'Well get up, Im just around the block, brought breakfast and I have to stop off to see Dawnie, she is house-sitting for a friend and I want to check in on her, not that she needs it, but Im bored and haven't had this much time off, so I figured ruffle her up some, have a little coffee with my best gals and then maybe you and I can go check out that new store opening on the Drive, I hear they have some fancy smanshy stuff.'

Tara could just imagine the blond talking and grinning from ear to ear as she wet herself from sheer excitement. "I dunno Buffy, kinda just wanted to mope, maybe eat my body weight in cookie dough."

'Oh come on, I need someone to go with me, Dawn would but again, house watching, pleeeease Tare, pretty please, with sugar and lesbian gummi bears on top.'

"Alright, but you better make that a pound of gummi's." She was slightly smiling now, the way her friend put things was just outta the park funny.

Not so earlier that day, across town, Willow's house was extreemly quiet, except for the sound of a female talking on the phone, she seemed to be a little preoccupied, but was keeping up with the conversation on the other end of the line.

"Right. Okay got it." I swear sometimes, she never stops for a breath, she is like this word locomotive that can just go on and on forever, you could tell her you have it all down to the last dotted I and crossed T, but she won't stop until her mind has fully gone through it's own check list, one of the things I love about Willow. She was like her very own unique person. Which in her case was like a gazillion times more unique then anyone I knew. I had stopped listening to her incessant questions the second she had called, but the person I am, still tried to listen.

Unfortunately for Willow a really hot guy happened to pass her window at that exact moment and there I went off into dream land of him coming back on a motorcycle and taking me off to my wildest dreams. Not that I had any wildest dreams at the moment, other then passing my courses at the university.

'DAWN!'

I heard the frantic voice yelling through the receiver. "Yeah." I said quickly, my vision being washed away by reality and no more guy in tight jeans to stare at. I pouted a little and then refocused on the girl that was a second sister to me.

'So then you have the list? No boys over on school nights, and no parties either young lady.'

A small chuckle breathed from my lips, Willow was telling me again for the third time this phone call everything, rechecking to make sure she hadn't left anything out. "I know Will, don't worry, I'm not 17 anymore, gesh, you and Buffy I swear think I'm still that little fourteen year old girl drooling after Xander. Which I'm SO not." Ok so maybe I still did have that little girlish crush on him, but he was cute.

'Ok Dawnie, oh and hey! Don't forget-'

I cut her off knowing exactly what to say. "Don't forget to feed Kit, and take out the trash when it gets full, and water the plants every other day, and if Xander call's tell him your sorry you missed lunch and you'll call him when you get to your hotel, I know, its right here in big red letters just below the green ones about all plant life. I don't get it Will, you had time to color code this rules list, but you didn't have time to call Xander?"

'I wish I had, but I got the call and now here I am three thousand miles from home, I think the lady described it as an 'entire electrical melt down' I have to get the system back online before one of the investors makes his annual trip or something, the lady was frantic I needed the little bit of extra cash.'

An auditable sigh careened over the line. "Willow that isn't why you didn't call is it?" I could hear the various sounds of her hesitation as she looked for what she wanted to say and how she wanted to say it.

'No it isn't. Was it that obvious?'

I smiled, even Willow master mind of all things that you learned in school, the one thing she majorly sucked at was the whole outgoing aspect of life, to bad they didn't have that in college. "Oh indubitably. I still think you should have done something." I had heard this story since the night it happened, Will had called Buffy, which brought on the phone tree, well not really a phone tree I just happened to be on the other line when she beeped through.

'Done what Dawnie? Run after her and just tell her my life story? Yeah psycho much? I couldn't... I, I was scared.'

"Willow, scared is way different then letting someone believe something else." It was funny how the group seemed to work out, all my teen years they were giving me advise, telling me ways to fix my boo-boo's and here I am all grown up and the tables have turned.

'I know, I, just, I just didn't know what to say.'

"Well for starters you could of told her the truth, at least clued her in." Plopping down on the comfortable couch, I yammered on with my 'sister' trying to ease her, maybe make some progress before she headed off on her next plane ride. "If I had been her, I woulda wanted to know." I was now doodling on the 'rules' list, making silly faces and what ever popped to mind. Being on the phone with the red head always made me want to doodle, it was something I learned to keep you busy while she rambled on about the same subject, most of us never have the heart to stop her, plus it kinda eases her mind. And hey who am I to not let a person feel better?

' Thanks Dawn, you sure know how to make a girl feel better, but I should go I need to get back up to the waiting area, I think the flight is gonna be here soon, call you when I get to my next lay over?'

"Sure Will, don't worry okay? We'll get this straightened out when you come back." I tried to add to what I had already done to calm her.

'Thanks Dawnie, you're a life saver. Did I ever tell you how much I love you?'

"Yep sure did, you told me when you bought me that convertible Mustang."

'I never bought you a Mustang.'

"I know, but that would be a nice thank you gift." The brunette laughed and giggled over the phone.

'You're incorrigible, y'know that... Alright Dawnie, tell Buffy I said hi and will call later tonight.'

"You got it... Talk to ya later Willz." I hung up the phone after saying goodbye, setting the phone back in its charging cradle I looked out the window to check for Mr. hot leather pants again, but unfortunately there was a lovely large green Jeep blocking my view. "Oh great." I said gruffly as I realized my sister was here, and she wasn't alone, the blond with her made my face light up. Running to the door I swung it open and stepped out on the porch with a giant grin for my sisters friend. "TARA!" I yelled and waved emphatically. Getting a little wave from the blond, I gave her a little smile and a whistle.. "So how was the date?" I wiggled my brows as they both came up the walk way.

'Not a good topic Dawnie.' My sister responded instead.

"Oh. That bad huh?"

'Yeah.' Tara added in.

"Okay, so we can just eat the stock of bon bon's in the fridge, talk and make fun of her for being such an ass."

'Dawn!' My sister threatened.

"What? Not like I said anything bad."

'I know, I forget sometimes, just old habit.'

She gave me a hug in greeting and then Tara gave me one next. We all walked back into the house, me closing the door behind them it was Tara's first visit to Willow's not sure if she even knew her, or if Buffy had mentioned her in passing, so I pressed on remembering that I was supposed to give her a message. "Will called, usual check over and recheck over of the 'rules' no boys, no parties, no fun." I pouted in mock disgust. "Oh and to expect a call later."

'Gotcha, thanks for passing that along.

"It's what I'm here for, message gal. Oh and professional house sitter." I grinned and continued. "So what brings you here this morning?" I asked with an anticipation.

'Buffy has the jones for some shopping, new place opening. Plus I was promissed gummi bears... '

"Oh..." I said with a quizzical expression.

'Yep, that's me, gotta check out the competition, and share the gummi love.' The fashion queen said with a defense and tease. 'Just stopped in to bring you some breakfast.'

Tara feeling a bit out of place I would assume started to look around, keeping an eye on her I continued to talk with my sister. Nothing to invasive just the average once over taking in her surroundings and making notes of little knickknacks, she seemed to really be focusing on the pictures over the entertainment center, sadly none of Willow in them.

"Buffy... I know this might not sound like a good idea after Tara just had what seems to be the worst date ever, but what do you think of Willow? I mean it seems like it would be a good match." I suggested in a soft whisper.

'I dunno Dawn, might be to soon, maybe we could just introduce them, friends first and they could take it from there.'

"That could work, so what'ta ya think when Will comes back we do something?"

'Could work. But we better get going.'
My sister gave me a little smile and looked over to Tara. 'Tara you ready?'

I watched the blond look up and I knew exactly what she was feeling, another failed attempted in life's cesspools of dating, not something a girl wants to go through. But she weathered it out and nodded in agreement that she was ready and both left as quickly as they came.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:42 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey Ash - :bigwave

The story just keeps getting better. Sorry it took me forever to get back here and read up. Anyhoo, love it and hope to see more soon. Especially when Willow gets back. Smiles. =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson