The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Hit/Miss (aka Run-ins updated 8/7/05)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:32 pm 
3. Flaming O

Title – Run-ins

Author name – eklipsej

Rating – PG for now…will up that if necessary

Disclaimer – All Buffy characters were created by and unfortunately belong to the creators of BTVS, other characters that might pop up are mine. This is AU, so no spoilers, but maybe some borrowed choice dialogue.

Feedback – I would greatly appreciate feedback. I’ve lurked and lurked and this is my first fic, not counting several false starts and dead ends. I’m really kinda just testing the waters, so if it’s working or not working, please let me know!!!!

Summary – AU, no hellmouth. Our girls have a few run-ins with each other…

Notes – If it’s your wish that I continue this fic, I will endeavor to enlist a beta reader to make your reading experience as pleasing as possible.

Part 1

Willow sat at a table in the Chicago O’Hare airport, her eyes darting between several sheets of paper, a few wrinkled-looking different-sized napkins, and her computer screen. Occasionally she scribbled viciously on one sheet of paper, made an erasure on another sheet, rearranged the placement of the napkins on the table, and scribbled some more. After a few minutes of back and forth, she anxiously tapped the keys to her laptop, then frowned before picking up her pencil and began the process of scribble-erase-rearrange-scribble all over again. The redhead was so caught up in her work that she didn’t notice someone speaking to her until she felt a hand on her shoulder. Willow let out a small squeak and turned quickly, causing carefully arranged napkins and papers to be shuffled about, some falling to the floor in the redhead’s clumsy attempt to keep from jumping out of her skin. Taking in a deep breath she leaned down to pick up the paper product collection on the floor and tried to calm herself, it would not do, after all, to yell at a perfect stranger, a perfect stranger who was actually still trying to talk to her.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you...”

Willow, having rescued her papers and napkins from the floor, looked up to find out who had disrupted her highly locomotive train of thought, and found herself staring into eyes so blue they were almost white.

“Sorry, I just wanted to ask if I could sit here.” Willow shook her head clear and looked to where the person speaking was pointing, the end of her table. Willow had occupied the first empty table she could find before spreading out her work materials, and the table she had chosen was long, meant to seat six. She had been taking advantage of the extra working surface, her diagrams and notes were migrating slowly over the table as time passed, but there was still space at the end of the table for someone to sit. Willow looked around and to her dismay most of the other tables were taken as people from the gate waiting areas moved to the airport food court, their flights delayed or cancelled due to inclement weather.

“I, uh, that is, yeah, ok…” she trailed off, shrugging and turning to return her assorted papers and napkins to some sort of order. Willow’s thought process was once again disrupted, this time by the sound of laughter coming from the other end of the table. Willow frowned, and took the time to get a good look at this busybody invading her space and laughing at her.

By most people’s standards, the girl sitting at the end of the table was very pretty, but not much about her really struck Willow as special. Her hair was somewhere between dirty blond and light brown. She was of slightly above average height, average weight. The only things really that stood out about this girl were those ice blue eyes that Willow realized were staring at her curiously. Quickly she frowned and turned back to her work.

“Hey, sorry. I didn’t mean to laugh.” The girl said.

“What?” Willow’s head shot up. Again, she looked into those eyes. They were so unnaturally blue, and didn’t really seem to fit. Willow squinted, and just around the border of the other girl’s irises she saw faint outlines. Contact lenses, this girl was wearing colored contact lenses to make her eyes look blue. A shame, Willow always thought blue eyes were so pretty.

“I didn’t mean to laugh.” The girl repeated herself, pointing to the tabletop in front of Willow. “It’s just, that…that’s a lot of stuff. What is that?”

“Oh. A project.” Willow responded as her attention began to drift back to her work. She really needed to get this particular part done and sent as soon as she got home.

“Um, project? Like a collage? Or maybe found art?” The girl asked, trying to stifle a giggle.

“What? Art? A collage? No, why would I be working on a collage with napkins and a computer? Well, okay I guess you could make a collage with digital pictures or like a really cool graphics program. But still, why would I…” Willow’s train of thought drifted as she frowned, letting her eyes flicker up then down to the napkins still in her hands. Something was not right.

The girl laughed again. Counting the giggle, that was three times that this girl had laughed, Willow was not a happy camper. She had been laughed at often enough growing up to know the difference between someone laughing at her and someone laughing AT her. And she had interrupted Willow’s train of thought three times, and kept talking to her. Couldn’t interrupto-gal tell that Willow was a very busy woman?

Apparently she could not, because she asked another useless question.

“So, what is that stuff then?”

“Computer code. Different sections.” Willow responded, as she moved some napkins around, her frown deepening. She needed to concentrate. She had been so close before but something was missing. “Subclass, loop, array, queue, print commands.” She continued, raising a different sized napkin each time. “Shouldn’t have let Buffy help me pack, why would you put pens in check-in luggage. And I went to five, no six, different stores in this stupid airport and they only had blue, black and red pens. That’s not nearly enough colors.” At this point the redhead was mumbling.

The girl at the end of the table laughed again, causing Willow’s growing scowl to further deepen. Seeing the expression on the redhead’s face, the intruder apologized again.

“Sorry, it’s just…the different sizes represent different computer thingies?” The redhead nodded but did not speak. Her attention was now focused on scanning the ground under and around the table. “Isn’t that kinda, you know, insane?”

Willow did not raise her head, but her scowl turned into a pout as she got more agitated. “Well, it makes more sense with pens…” She said more to herself than anyone else.

The other occupant shrugged, and began eating her sandwich. Willow breathed a sigh of relief; hopefully this woman would not try to speak to her with her mouth full. Her eyes drifted to the floor near the table next to hers, and found what she was looking for by the table leg, but as she reached out to grab the wandering napkin, another hand beat her to it.

Taking the proffered napkin, Willow mumbled her thanks.

“Y-you’re w-w-welcome.” Willow eyes shifted focus from the napkin to the owner of the soft voice, and found that said voice belonged to a mouth only half-lifted in a shy smile. Willow smiled at the shy stuttering blonde as they both began to straighten up from the floor.

“Thanks again.” Willow repeated before turning to her table. She stopped when she felt a soft touch on her elbow. Turning back, Willow tilted her head, and looked into sparking blue eyes that hinted of laughter. Willow’s green eyes followed the blue ones as they drifted to the napkins, papers, and laptop on the table then reconnected with her own.

“I’d say it’s more…quirky.” The blonde smiled and shrugged.

Edited by: eklipsej at: 3/29/05 8:24 pm

Last edited by eklipse on Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Run-ins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:11 pm 
cool... i like it..please write more.. i want to see what happens next..

-reds:willow

my banana dances for smut :banana

Smutbunny Anthem: *sung to tune from Goldfinger* Smutbunnies...they'e the bunnies, the bunnies that love the smut...and Willow's butt. They surf for smut fiction...always lookin' for the next naked sweaty fix...of Tara's tits.- Written By Cameron(tarawhipped) For Us Smut Bunnies

Post subject: Re: Run-ins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:59 am 
Good start! Can't wait to see what happens next. :) Hannah.

Post subject: reply to the great new fic run-ins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:18 am 
oh me oh my...im sitting at my computer :buried yrting to finish up some of my up-coming chapter 11 and i just happen to 'run in' to this great start of a fic.:no fair that the author is teasing us this way.more please and soon.:sh dont tell im lurking around the board reading instead of writing.:bigwave .

keep it up and do update soon.okay its soon.where`s my update.

Post subject: Re: reply to the great new fic run-ins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:55 am 
interesting

photographer02

Post subject: Re: reply to the great new fic run-ins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:42 pm 
Man you just had to do that didn't you. Making me think tara was that girl laughing at Willow. Until she called her insane then I knew it had to be someone else.:blush

Great start. More soon, please.

brittney

~Good friends help you move. Real friends help you move the body.~

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:24 pm 
Okay, this sounds really interesting.

More, please. As soon as possible. Nope, I'm not begging, never... okay, I'm begging. Please *hopeful smile*

wicca

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:36 pm 
This is very cute. So Tara wears contact lenses?

...I know, of all the details that I remember...

It's insulting to the whole gender[sic] of rap.

~Eminem

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:52 am 
I think that's the other girl? (There's two girls right? An annoying one, and someone with real blue eyes and a soft voice... :luv )

-----------------------------

"Amber, if you could be any inanimate object in the world, what would it be?" And I would respond by saying, "Well, Rob, I always wanted to be a rock, a really big one." - Amber Benson

Post subject: Re: pre-update update
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:52 pm 
Hey all...thanks for reading and leaving feedback! I just wanted to give a heads up that I'll be replying to those and posting an update tonight. It would have been up in about ten minutes but I've been appointed designated driver for the evening and make a run to the train station...so a slight delay, but it'll be up before midnight I promise!!! Ciao for now!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:53 pm 
Your midnight is my 6 am if u live on the east coast. Gonna hafta either stay up or read it tomorrow. Lovin' it anyways. :D

-------------------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :. .:Blink.Flash.Sparkle.:. .:My blog:. .:Blood and Ink:. .:Washi's 70s Site:.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:11 pm 
You're off to a very interesting start. As soon as Willow realized this other girl was wearing contact lenses, I knew it wasn't Tara. Although, honestly I should have known when Willow thought there was nothing "special" about her. Ah, but the real Tara makes her appearance at the end - very clever.

Looking forward to more...

-shuyaku

Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:06 pm 
You had me fooled for a second. Just for a second.

I can't wait to read more run-ins. :grin

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Post subject: First order of business...replies to feedback
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:17 pm 
WickedReds: Thanks! Here’s what happens next…

willlovestara: Thanks. Wait’s over now!

Willohand: Hmm….Is this soon enough…Tsk, tsk, if you didn’t want to be caught lurking, you shouldn’t have left me feedback :no , cuz I’ve been lurking around Growth for a while now, waiting anxiously each day for an update. :D How about a trade? I’ll post the next update sooner than I planned for a Growth update???

Photographer02: Thanks!

Amazonaa: Yes, it was necessary! Tara would never laugh at Willow or call her insane without any affection and teasing behind it. Thanks for reading and soon has arrived!

Wiccagirl: Woo and hoo, actual begging after my first post! I can’t believe it! :eatme Here’s more for ya…

Tempest Duer: Thanks for the cute! As lil fled said though, contact lens girl is not Tara…

Lil fled: Yup, annoying girl not Tara…

Washi: As a matter of fact, I do live on the east coast. But actually, because I’m a night owl (aka insomniac) I was thinking more along the lines of midnight on the board, which is three hours behind me, so I hope you didn’t stay up all night. :blush Though I have done that before, especially when I first discovered Pens. (I think I actually fell asleep curled around my laptop.) Sorry ‘bout that, I’ll try to be more specific next time.

Shuyaku: Thanks! When I was plotting this first meeting in my head I couldn’t decide whether or not Tara should interrupt Willow, but I decided I wanted to have just a little bit of contrast. Plus, it’s more fun this way!

The Rose24: I’m kinda glad that, even it was just for a second, I had you fooled. That’s what I was going for.

I think I almost swooned when I saw that some of my favorite fic writers left feedback…and like what have so far. No wait…yup, definitely swooned for sure. :bow I just want to say thanks again for reading and leaving feedback…it warms my heart.

So without further ado…

Post subject: Re: First order of business...replies to feedback
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:21 pm 
I kinda did wait. My job kept me up. :grin

Glad I did.

-------------------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :. .:Blink.Flash.Sparkle.:. .:My blog:. .:Blood and Ink:. .:Washi's 70s Site:.

Post subject: Re: Part 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:33 pm 
Title – Run-ins

Author name – eklipsej

Disclaimer – All Buffy characters were created by and unfortunately belong to the creators of BTVS, other characters that might pop up are mine. This is AU, so no spoilers, but maybe some borrowed choice dialogue.

Feedback – I would greatly appreciate feedback. I’ve lurked and lurked and this is my first fic, not counting several false starts and dead ends. If something's working or not working, please let me know!!!!

Notes – If it’s your wish that I continue this fic, I will endeavor to enlist a beta reader to make your reading experience as pleasing as possible. Also, I’m giving in to the Gods and Goddesses of internal dialogue; thoughts may appear in italics. (As a wise fic writer once wrote, it wouldn’t be as much fun if I was completely submissive, now would it?)

Part 2

Tara sat at a table in the Chicago O-Hare airport, occasionally taking a sip from a cup of overpriced tea as her eyes moved along the page of the pocketbook in front of her. She was engrossed, and just as the albino in the book went crashing through the castle window Tara herself was startled by a squeak and a flurry of flying papers and napkins.

Softly Tara giggled, feeling silly. She let her eyes settle on the person that had broken her out of her reverie: the redheaded girl sitting at the table next to hers. Apparently the redhead had been just as focused on her work as Tara had been on her novel, and was startled by a tallish dirty blond girl holding a sandwich and a soda.

The standing girl pointed to the end of the redhead’s table, and Tara had to fight off another giggle as the redhead whipped her head around and frowned when she realized there weren’t any other empty tables around.

Though she tried to get back into her reading, Tara found her eyes drifting up to the next table rather than the next chapter of the book in her hands. The redhead was rearranging the napkins on the table in front of her, trying to smooth out the ones that had been wrinkled in the aftermath of the sandwich-girl’s disruption. Curious, Tara couldn’t help but listen to sandwich-girl’s attempts to draw her table-mate into a conversation.

From what she could gather from the redhead’s short responses and mumbling, there was an actual method to the girl’s napkin/paper madness. Tara accompanied the other girl’s frown when sandwich-girl called the redhead’s system insane. Certainly, it was an unusual way to do one’s work, but Tara knew from personal experience that once you got an idea in your head that you had to set down, it doesn’t really matter WHAT you do it on, just that you DO it before the moment’s gone. Tara had often found herself reaching for the nearest napkin, receipt, and the occasional gum wrapper to do a quick sketch or write her self a quick note. Backup, did I just think…

Tara was saved from becoming fully embarrassed by her own thoughts when she heard the redhead mumble something about colored pens. Instead, she wondered if perhaps the girl might like to borrow her colored pencils, at least until her flight was called. As she continued to observe the occupants of the neighboring table Tara realized that the girl was looking for something. Scanning the floor near her she saw a napkin with neat and precise writing on it sitting by her foot.

Just as Tara’s fingers found the wandering napkin the redhead’s fingers reached out for the napkin as well. Tara handed the other girl the napkin, and tried to decide whether or not she should offer the pencils. After all, I’m just some random person in an airport. The corner of Tara’s mouth lifted a little when she felt fingertips brush her palm. Mumbling her thanks, the redhead took the proffered napkin.

“Y-you’re w-w-welcome,” was all Tara could say in response as the two girls stood. Wonderful, accidentally vixeny in my head, stuttering fool out loud.

The redhead thanked Tara again, more clearly this time, and moved to return to her seat. Before Tara could think about what she was doing she reached out and touched the other girl on the elbow.

Realizing that she was expected to say something, Tara glanced over at the table then back to look the other girl in the eye.

“I’d say it’s more…quirky.” Tara smiled and shrugged. Quirky…eccentric in a cute sort of way. The redhead seemed to understand what Tara was referring to, as her eyes glanced at the table quickly as well before settling back on Tara’s.

“It’s a system.” The redhead finally responded, with a tight-lipped smile.

A silence hovered over the two girls. Remembering the pencils in her bag, she cleared her throat, causing the redhead to jump a little.

“I, um, I h-have some c-colored pencils you could use? That’s um, i-if you wanted?” She finally offered.

The redhead blinked, then her smile grew. Tara noticed that a twinkle was slowly spreading to the other girl’s eyes as well. She was so focused on watching the spark lighting the green eyes focused on her own blue ones that she almost didn’t hear the other girl refuse her offer.

“That’d be great!” She blurted out, before reigning in her enthusiasm. “But I couldn’t really…I mean, they’re yours and you might need them. Plus, you hardly know me. I mean, hello, random person in an airport here…”

Tara fought back a giggle as the other girl went on. She squeezed the other girl’s elbow, and the redhead stopped speaking.

“It’s okay, really.” And before the redhead could refuse again Tara had reached into her carry-on bag and pulled out a box of colored pencils. Once more, Tara had to stop herself from giggling when the redhead’s sparkling green eyes grew wider at the sight of the different colored pencils.

“If you’re sure…” the redhead said, reaching out for the box of pencils.

“It’s a better system.” Handing the box to the other girl, Tara smiled and winked.

Both girls turned at the sound of a snort and someone coughing on a sandwich.

“Oh God, they’re both insane!” The sandwich-girl spoke, receiving a glare from the objects of her unwelcome observation.

When her eyes reconnected with Tara’s, the tension from the redhead’s face disappeared.

“Definitely a better system.” She nodded. Then her eyebrows shot up as another idea entered her head. “Oh, and hey, pencils! Erasable!”

Tara felt herself grinning in response to the redhead’s sudden outburst. “Always a plus…” She nodded in return.

“Oh, except, colored pencils don’t always erase all the way. You know, the paper sometimes has a little bit of color left on it…and here I should be thanking you but instead I’m complaining about the erasability of the pencils you’re being nice enough to let me use. Oh, but, hey! It’s still better than using white out. I could never get those little brushes to work properly. I end up whiting out everything but what I actually want to get rid of, including my fingertips! Whiting them out I mean, my fingertips, that is…not getting rid of them. And I’m shutting up now. And did I say thanks again?”

The redhead looked like she was ready to crawl into a hole, but Tara couldn’t help herself and finally let out the laugh she had been fighting. Is erasability actually a word? For that matter, is whiting out? Well, they’re words yes, but is it grammatically correct phrasing? Oh lord, the babbling is contagious! Contagious, but definitely cute.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to laugh.” Tara apologized quickly. “It’s just, that…that’s adorable.” Though she had managed to stop her laughter almost as soon as she had begun, she could not wipe the lingering lift from her lips.

“What? Adorable? What?”

Even as Tara’s cheeks begun to burn when she realized what she had said, she could not and really had no desire to take back the words that had accompanied her apology.

“Three excellent questions.” Tara teased. “That…the babbling. When you do it…it’s…you’re adorable.” Suddenly, she too felt like disappearing. You’re adorable? YOU’RE adorable? YOU’RE ADORABLE? Three excellent questions.

End Part 2

PS: The aforementioned fic writer is umgaynow…I couldn’t resist quoting that particular line from A Woman In Uniform because, well, truer words were never spoken!

Oh and look at that, it's actually only half past midnight east coast time, so that works out...

Edited by: eklipsej at: 11/30/04 6:48 pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:49 pm 
Did anyone else want to slap that woman? :rage

I am glad W/T have a chance to talk despite the obnoxious interruptions of the woman.

I love the way you are switching POV's.

Edited by: The Rose24  at: 10/21/04 10:07 pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:52 pm 
Ohh tara's pov... cool.. that was cute... i want more... please:pray ...

the color pencil babble was funny :laugh

and yeah that interruption woman needed to be slapped...

Mein Banane tanzen für Schmutz:banana

Smutbunny Anthem: *sung to tune from Goldfinger* Smutbunnies...they'e the bunnies, the bunnies that love the smut...and Willow's butt. They surf for smut fiction...always lookin' for the next naked sweaty fix...of Tara's tits.- Written By Cameron(tarawhipped) For Us Smut Bunnies

Post subject: reply to the author on my lurking and my update for 'growth'
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:18 am 
:bigwave okay okay:gnome im going to have it poasted by next saturday.:yikes . hey i had to wit until yesterday to make sure all of you who wanted to vote voted.and about the lurking...it helps to ease my mind when im stuck to just get away from my writing.and im so enjoying this.oh and did you even vote for which version you want? so ill bo looking for your name in my replies missy.im:dance myway back to my computer to get to:buried . so you have to wait a little.but maybe another update from you in the mean time.please...

Post subject: Run Ins
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:52 am 
cute story

i wonder whats going to happen next???

-----------------------------

you were the one, you were the only one and you were amazing

Post subject: Re: Run Ins
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:12 am 
:wave Cool update! Hope to read more soon, I wanna see what happens next! :) Hannah.

Post subject: Re: Replies to feedback part 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:51 pm 
Washi: Yikes, interesting hours you keep there! LOL, you actually posted before the update. Oh BTW, I’m trying to download those songs, thanks!

The Rose24: LOL…Okay, I wanted to make the other woman unpleasant but I didn’t think anyone would actually wanna resort to physical violence..teehee, go me!

WickedReds: Thanks, there’ll be a lot of switching pov’s because…well…you’ll see :sh Glad you liked the babble.

Willohand: :blush OK I didn’t vote, but that’s cuz I couldn’t decide and I trust that whichever way you’d go I’d love…Sorry, I’ll try to be more patient. Let’s see, how about I make up the not voting thing to you? Saturday huh? I think I could get in 2 more updates by then if work doesn’t kick my ass more than usual. How’s that?

LizPurr: Good question…Stay tuned…

Willlovestara: Thanks…I should be updating tonight or tomorrow…

Post subject: Great start
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:24 am 
You totally fooled me with the beginning of this story. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Post subject: Re: Part 3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:31 pm 
Title – Run-ins

Author name – eklipsej

Feedback – I would greatly appreciate feedback. I’ve lurked and lurked and this is my first fic, not counting several false starts and dead ends. If something's working or not working, please let me know!!!!

Notes – Also, I’m giving in to the Gods and Goddesses of internal dialogue; thoughts may appear in italics. (As a wise fic writer once wrote, it wouldn’t be as much fun if I was completely submissive, now would it?)

Part 3

Tightening her grip on the box of colored pencils, the redhead sighed.

“Hi, I’m Willow, Rosenberg. Willow Rosenberg, that’s me.” She spoke out loud.

“What’s your name? Where are you from? Can I get your number?”

Running her hand through her hair, Willow moved to the window.

“Three excellent questions.” Willow set the pencils down on the nearby table and positioned herself at her laptop. “So why couldn’t I get any of them out? I go on and on about white out but I can’t ask a simple question and now I’m talking to myself. Maybe I really am insane.”

Willow had been sitting at her desk for hours, trying to put the finishing touches on the program she had been working on during her extended layover in Chicago. But try as she might, Willow could not concentrate. Working on the program only served to remind her of the soft-spoken girl who was nice enough to offer her colored pencils.

Definitely a better system… Willow thought to herself as her fingers slid the thin case of pencils from its protective box. Though she had taken the case out repeatedly, she still hadn’t opened it since taking it from the blonde at the airport. The flight from Chicago to New York had been rocky at best, and because the captain had to keep the fasten seatbelt sign lit through most of the flight Willow was forced to keep her laptop turned off. I was too nauseous to do anything anyway…Besides, wouldn’t want to use them all up…

Why do I have to be such a doofus… With a groan, Willow replayed the few minutes she had spent talking to the blond girl, editing out the memories of that rude girl eating with her mouth open…

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to laugh.” The blond apologized quickly. “It’s just, that…that’s adorable.”

“What? Adorable? What?” Willow was so busy chastising herself for letting her babbling get out of hand that she wasn’t sure she had heard correctly.

Good job Rosenberg, now she’s laughing at you too. But the blond girl had not been laughing her, not really. Willow could see it in the other girl’s eyes. She’s amused…she thinks I’m amusing, not crazy! Yay me!

“Three excellent questions.” The blond said. “That…the babbling. When you do it…it’s…you’re adorable.”

Willow’s eyes widened at the girl’s teasing, and she felt a blush spreading across her cheeks. She thinks I’m adorable? SHE thinks I’M adorable? SHE THINKS I’M ADORABLE? Three excellent questions indeed.

For a split second that felt like forever all Willow could do was gape, but just as she managed to compose herself the airport intercom came to life.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. THE WEATHER IS EASING UP AND WE HAVE RECEIVED WORD THAT WE CAN RESUME DEPARTURES. THEREFORE AT THIS TIME WE WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT UNITED AIRLINES FLIGHT 231 TO NEW YORK LAGUARDIA AIRPORT IS NOW BOARDING AT GATE B15. UNITED FLIGHT 231 TO NEW YORK LAGUARDIA IS BOARDING AT GATE 15B.”

After she had regained her hearing, Willow smiled sheepishly.

Come on Willow, ask her name, get her number!!! But all Willow could say was, “That’s me…”

As she made a move to return the pencils, the blond held out her hand, resting her palm on top of Willow’s fingers. Gently, she pushed Willow’s hand back.

“K-keep it.” She whispered, shaking her head.

“I-I couldn’t, really.” Willow tried to refuse, but something in the other girl’s eyes made Willow suspect that this girl would refuse any refusal she tried to make. “Are you sure?”

“I-it’s okay. Really.” The blond said, shrugging and smiling just a little. “It’s a better system.” She repeated.

Willow nodded and was about to ask the girl’s name when again she was cutoff.

“ONCE AGAIN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. AT THIS TIME WE ARE BOARDING UNITED FLIGHT 231 AT GATE B15. AGAIN, UNITED FLIGHT 231 IS NOW BOARDING AT GATE B15.”

“That’s me…” You already said that… Willow mentally slapped her forehead.

The blond however just nodded and kept smiling.

“I should go.” Willow said, pointing to the napkin-covered tabletop.

“Yeah, you, um, you wouldn’t w-want to m-m-miss your flight.”

“No, that would be bad…” No, no, it would be good, then I could stay here and talk to you and ask you your name and get your phone number.

“Yeah, I should, um, I sh-should go too.” Willow’s heart skipped a beat at the blonde’s words. Oh, what if she’s on my flight? We could sit next to each other and…oh…whoever gets the window seat would have to climb over the other person every time she wants to get up. Hmm…

But Willow’s hopes were soon dashed.

“I should g-get ready too, in c-case they c-c-all my f-flight soon too.”

And so both girls had moved to their tables, packed up their belongings, and headed in opposite directions, with Willow clutching the pencil box in her hand.

The shrill sound of a doorbell and a raised voice brought Willow out of her reverie.

“Hey Red, open up will ya? This pizza’s hot you know!”

Laughing, Willow stood.

“Hold on, I’ll be right there!” She slid the case back into the protective box and placed the box into her desk drawer. “You better not have started eating on your way here!” Willow called out as she moved to unlock the door.

“After the hell you put me through last time? Nah, I learned my lesson.” The voice answered as Willow opened the door. “I still can’t believe you made me go back and get more.”

“Sweetie, you ate three slices on your way back from the pizza place.” Folding her arms across her chest she laughed at the girl holding the pizza box and leaning in her doorway. “It’s only three blocks away and there were six of us sharing one pie.”

“Well, I learned my lesson…Never again babe, I promise.” The brunette flashed Willow a smile. “And hey, I got that funky pizza with the slices of chicken breast.” She said as she slid past Willow and made a beeline for the coffee table.

“Yay! My favorite.” Shutting the door behind her, Willow followed the brown-haired girl into her living room.

“I know.” The girl said, raising her eyebrows at Willow as the redhead dropped her weight onto the couch. She giggled as Willow poked her in the ribs in response to her mild teasing. “So what’s up? Did you finish that program?”

“Nah, too distracted I guess…” Willow shrugged. “But you got here just in time, I’m starving.” She picked up a slice of pizza, folded it down the middle, and took a big bite, moaning around a mouthful of chicken, crust, and cheese.

“Good pizza?” The girl sitting on the floor asked.

Willow nodded, taking another bite of pizza. “The best. You’re a lifesaver Faith.”

“You know it, Red…So tell me about your trip…how’s Buffy?” Faith asked, digging into her own slice.

“Cut right to the chase, don’t you?” Willow laughed. “Now why is it you only call her Buffy when you’re asking me about her?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. So really, how is she?”

End Part 3

---------------------------------------------------------------

Heads up: Had to change directions a little bit...so part 4 may take a little longer than I expected.

Edited by: eklipsej at: 11/30/04 6:53 pm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:43 pm 
That so cute how Willow is being all carefully with the pencils... hehe too cute..

And Faith is here yay!! and hey asking about Buffy.. hehe..

So we got to have another run-in soon...

Mein Banane tanzen für Schmutz:banana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:48 pm 
Too bad Willow doesn't get the 411 on Tara.

I know they will see each other again soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:03 am 
:wave Yay an update! Excellent stuff, hopefully :willow and :tara will meet again soon? Cool that Faith's there! :) Hannah.

Post subject: reply to run-ins and a small note to the author
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:43 am 
im working on chapter 11 as we spaek.sooooo you didnt vote huh?:no now what am i going to do with you?:confused well let me think...okay since you are a devoted reder to my fic i can overlook this, this time.and with you posting two more chapters...

before i forget im loving this story of yours.:bigwave big willow/alyson fan.and you have got her cute little quirky ways down pat.so just wanted to say continue on.and you are going to love chapter 11.and since you put so much trust in me to give you a good chapter im:buried and:gnome driving myself nuts to make it all that. so ill continue to look for those two updates as i finish writing chapter 11.:wave talk to ya.

Post subject: Re: reply to run-ins and a small note to the author
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:38 pm 
I'd have to agree with lovin' Willow's quirkiness, and you've got Tara down as well. Very cool story, I look forward to more run-ins.

Yvonne:peace

Post subject: Part 4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:58 pm 
Hey everyone, thanks for reading and leaving feedback. I'm a little burned out from work but I wanted to finish up and post this update, so I will try to get responses later this weekend. In the meantime, here's part 4....Sorry it's a little short, but I hope you enjoy anyway!

Title – Run-ins

Author name – eklipsej

Disclaimer – Ditto previous parts of this story

Feedback – Ditto previous parts of this story

Summary – AU, no hellmouth. Our girls have ran into each other at the airport…will they meet again?

Notes – Ditto previous parts of this story. Not much Willow action going on in this update, but we’ll get there soon!

Part 4

Tara tightened her grip on the cups in her hands as she fought her way through a throng of people. After a brief struggle she made it back to her blanket.

“Hey Tara, you made it back in one piece!” The dark-haired girl sharing her blanket stood and relieved her of her small burden. “You’re just in time, Sheryl Crow is next.”

“Thanks.” Tara breathed, taking her seat on the blanket. “Now explain this to me again Jo. What is it with you and Sheryl Crow anyway?”

“She’s hot.”

Tara couldn’t help but giggle at her roommate’s reflex response. Jo was notoriously obsessed with Sheryl Crow. Anytime the singer was in a concert within driving distance Jo would move heaven and earth to see her perform, usually dragging Tara along for the ride. The girl had an entire bookshelf dedicated to the singer. She had every CD, every single, and every DVD the singer appeared on, even the Kid Rock album that had the Picture song on it. And there were at least two shelves of videotapes containing various appearances the singer had made on television and movies that included Sheryl’s songs in the soundtracks.

“What?” Jo gave her friend an innocent look. “She is.”

Tara had to laugh. She didn’t really mind getting dragged by her friend to these concerts, at least not anymore. In truth, Tara did like the rocker’s music; she just wasn’t as obsessed as her friend. Deciding to change the subject, Tara reached into her backpack and took out a pair of sandwiches. Although the girls had thought to bring some food and drinks, the sweltering heat caused by the midday sun and the mass of bodies in the field had caused to girls to quickly diminish their supply of fluids. Wanting to be sure they would have enough bottled water for later in the day, Tara had volunteered to go to a nearby vendor to get cups of soda for the girls to drink with their packed lunch.        

“Tuna or turkey?”

Jo pointed to the tuna sandwich, which the blond handed over before removing the wrapping from her own turkey sandwich.

After a few minutes spent sitting quietly eating and occasionally glancing at her friend, Jo cleared her throat to get Tara’s attention.

“So Tara…” She began. Tara glanced at her roommate, waiting for her to continue.

“Remember Judy Hopkins? From our sociology class last semester?”

Tara nodded as she took a sip of her drink, “That girl that was always late to class? Sure, why?”

“I ran into her the other day.” Jo paused for a beat before continuing. “She asked how you were doing.”

Realizing that Jo was nervous about something, Tara turned to face her friend fully.

“Jo? What did you do?”

Jo’s face was immediately covered with a guilty mask as she glanced away from Tara’s questioning gaze.

“Jo?”

“She asked for your phone number…so…”

Tara’s eyes went wide before closing them and letting out an exasperate sigh.

“JO! You’ve got to stop doing this!”

For the past year and a half Jo had been trying to set Tara up, despite Tara’s repeated objections and insistences that she could get a date on her own perfectly fine thank you very much.

“Tara…”

“No.” Tara cut the other girl off. “No, Jo. Not that I don’t appreciate your matchmaking efforts, but you have got to stop trying to set me up with every red-haired woman you meet!”

“But…” Again she was cut-off.

“No!” Tara silently berated herself for telling her roommate about the redhead she’d run into at the airport a year and a half earlier, while waiting for her connecting flight back to California from Washington, D.C. Why couldn’t I just keep it to myself? Why rush into the room and start babbling on about some girl you talked to for five minutes and whose name you don’t even know?

“Look Jo, it was one run in with a redhead I don’t even know, okay? It doesn’t mean I’m going to want to get with any other redhead along the way!”

Taking the opening, Jo spoke before Tara could interrupt her again. “Any other redhead Tara? See you did want to get with her!”

“I did not!” Though she protested, the blond could not fight the blush that covered her cheeks and ears.

“You did so…Tare you gave her your case of colored pencils!” Jo exclaimed, holding her arms out in front of her as if that simple statement proved her point perfectly.

“They’re pencils Jo, it didn’t mean anything!” Tara protested.

Jo gave her roommate a smug look. “Tara, baby, I know how you are about your art stuff. You freaked when I tried to borrow a regular old pencil!”

Tara winced remembering that day, only a few months after the two girls had become roommates. Jo had been on the phone getting an address and needed something to write with. When she reached for a pencil on Tara’s desk, the blond girl snatched the writing tool out of Jo’s hand and told her to try and keep out of her art supplies. Although Tara had apologized profusely and Jo had accepted all apologies offered, the darker girl occasionally used the memory to tease her friend.

“Besides what if one of these random redheads I introduce you to is actually your mystery red-haired computer programmer girl?”

Shaking her head at her friend, Tara began picking at the remains of her sandwich.

“Jo, you know the odds of that are slim to none…”

“But it’s possible!” Jo broke eye contact with Tara as she tried to look around. She pointed just behind Tara. Tara allowed her gaze to follow the path of Jo's fingers as they led to a couple sitting on a blanket several feet away. The boy was grinning goofily, and his dark almost black hair fell in front of his eye every so often. The girl he was with had slightly longer than chin length red hair but her back was turned to the two friends observing them.

“For all you know that girl right there could be her!”

End Part 4

Edited by: eklipsej at: 11/30/04 6:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next