The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First Fic - Stolen Heart (NOW COMPLETE! WOO AND HOO!!)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:25 am 
I was rereading some old fics when I stumbled upon a very good one that gave me the idea for this fic. Well, after a few words with the author we agreed on my borrowing some of her fic's plot, obviously not all, I'm trying to be a bit original here. So here it is:

Title: Stolen Heart

Rating: PG for now, I may add some more interesting scenes later.

Summary: Willow is a thief with a mysterious past. Tara is an efficient detective with a new and interesting case. What will happen when these two meet?

Thanks to: Daphne, who is one of the best frickin' writers I know.

Chapter One: The Case

The small figure sneaked into the darkness of the salon and jumped out of the window swiftly without making the slightest noise.

“There you are.” She murmured to herself, slowly approaching the object inside the glass dome. “Come to mommy, my beauty.” The small, black gloved hands reached for the dome, but stopped halfway, following a completely different path.

The slender body crouched down and gloved hands probed the floor, until they found what they were looking for. With a swift move the unknown figure pulled a small knife off her clothes and craved it on the floor, loosening a floorboard and revealing a cavity full of wires.

“Hm… Let’s see, white is for peace, green for hope. Purple, I've been told it’s madness and if I’m madly in love with you my color must be… red.” With a quick flick of her wrist the wire was cut.

She approached the glass dome and removed it easily, taking the object that was there. “Gotcha!” she grinned triumphantly.

With another perfect jump she reached the window, disappearing into the dark night.

“They’re making us look like a bunch of idiots.” The man grumbled after blowing his cigarette’s smoke and threw the newspaper on the desk.

“Maybe it’s because we are a bunch of idiots.” The blonde woman sitting on the other side of the desk commented.

“Real funny, Maclay. This gang of thieves is defying the police’s credibility and this is really pissing me off.”

Maclay picked the newspaper up and read the headline on the first page.

NIGHT ANGELS STRIKE AGAIN!

This time the burglary happened on the Central Museum, where a valuable and ancient Chinese vase was taken by the famous gang…

“At least we can’t deny their good taste.” William gave a half smile around his cigarette. “Get your ass off this chair and go with Spencer investigate this case.”

”I thought Andrew and Jonathan were on it.”

“They’re a pair of bloody incompetents. I want you and Spencer leading the investigations now.”

“Yes, sir.”

Tara stood up and walked out of the commander’s office, looking for her partner.

“Hey Faith, new case for us.” She announced as she approached the brunette detective. “Or better yet, old case for us.”

“Another robbed museum, huh?”

“Yep.”

“What’s the matter with these guys? They like old, stuffy places?”

“The museums are full of valuables antiquities that can be sold at high prices on the black market.” She shrugged.

“So we better get going before William fire our asses. Looks like he’s in a foul mood today.” Faith smirked at her partner.

“I heard he slept on the couch last night.” Another voice entered the conversation. “Dru sent him to the couch after he got home late and forgot about some especial dinner.”

“Gossiping like an old hag now, Xander?” Tara mocked, grinning playfully at the bigger man.

“Must have been a funny scene.” Faith smirked, imagining the though ass William being kicked out of the bedroom by his wife.

“You can’t talk much either, Faith, sometimes the Buffster puts you to sleep on the doghouse.”

“The same applies to you, Xan-man. Anya is not that meek, out of the three she’s the worst.”

“That’s married life, my friends!” the goofy man grinned. “Tara here is the only lucky one, or maybe not so lucky. Say, Tar, when will you find your woman?”

“That’s none of your business, you doofus. And you better stop gossiping, we have work to do, remember Faith?” the blonde said, blushing slightly.

“Alright, alright.” Faith raised her hands in mock surrender. “See ya, Xan-man!”

Tara and Faith went to the police station’s garage, getting in a car and out of the building in the Museum’s direction.

A beautiful young woman with mysterious green eyes and bright red hair sat on a chair at a small café near the a museum. She sipped the mocha on the table before her while scanning a piece of paper that looked like a map.

“This is a mess. Oz has absolutely no sense of organization, what an idiot.” She grumbled frowning at the poorly drawn map.

“Am I?”

“Yes, you are.” She glared at the young man that had just arrived and sat on the other side of her table.

“Think we’re gone make it?”

“Reinforced security. Look at those guys there, they look like tourists, but they’re really cops. There are vigilance cameras on those lampposts there and one on this café’s roof.”

”I see.”

“Don’t look at it, you idiot!” she hissed when he half-turned his face toward one of the cams.

“Any entrance?” he asked, ignoring her outburst.

”A window on the left side, it’s the second after the main entrance. According to this thing it will take me to the storeroom. When the great act will be?”

“Celebration night.”

“WHAT?!” the redhead jumped, knocking her chair to the ground. “Rack is out of his fucking mind!” she picked up the chair and sat down again. “The place will be packed with people, including the cops! We’ll never make it.” She hissed angrily.

“But it’s what he wants.” He shrugged noncommittally.

“So he does it his way. I’m going.” She announced raising from her seat, picking up her purse and camera.

“Where you going?” he eyed her curiously.

“To the crime scene, the Central Museum.”

“You have some weird hobbies, Will.”

“You’re the weird one with your damn stoic face, you should learn some expressions.” She grinned. “Besides, it’s always funny seeing those cops’ faces when they can’t figure it out. Plus, I love to piss their commander off.”

“Figures.”

”Silent and no clues as always.” Tara commented.

“William won’t like this one bit.”

“Damn right I won’t, Spence. Anything for me, Maclay?”

“Nothing. How did you get here?”

“I wanted to see it with my own eyes.” A flash caught the commander’s attention. “Rosenberg, what are you doing here?”

“You’re a man full of questions, William.”

“I’m a cop, this is my job.”

“And this is my job too.” She lifted her camera and quirked an eyebrow.

“You know, Red, you really get on my nerves with this bloody camera of yours.” William blew his cigarette’s smoke on her face.

“I bet... *cough*... that one day you’ll die of cancer… *cough*… But don’t take me on your boat.” She glared at blue eyed man.

“Who is the chick, boss?” Faith asked eyeing up the impetuous girl who didn’t flinch before Commander William.

“Willow Rosenberg, miss...?” she raised a perfect red eyebrow.

“Faith Spencer. Here beside me is Tara Maclay.” Faith smiled charmingly.

“Red here is an irritating photographer that likes to go to the crime scenes and sell photos to the big newspapers of the city. Get your ass out of here, Rosenberg, who let you in anyway?”

“Well, my dear William, you know I can get into any place.”

This small comment caught Tara’s attention and she turned to the beautiful redhead.

“Mrs. Rosenberg...”

“Miss.” She corrected instantly.

“Miss Rosenberg, would you like to have some coffee with me?” she asked smoothly.

“What kind of training are you giving your detectives, William? They’re a little too quick on the come ons.”

“Don’t look at me, Red, I’m as surprised as you.” The commander studied his best detective curiously.

“Commander, would you mind if I went out for a moment?” Tara asked, ignoring Faith’s raised eyebrows.

“Go ahead, Maclay, before I change my mind.”

Tara nodded and started walking out of the Museum, but stopped at the main entrance and looked back at the redhead photographer who hadn’t moved from her place.

”Miss Rosenberg, will you go with me?”

“Um, you were serious, then? Wait a second, I’m coming.”

Willow ran and caught up with Tara and the two of them walked out of the Museum side by side.

They walked down the street towards the small café, where a waitress greeted them.

“Willow! Good to see you again.” The brunette girl smiled, handing them the menus.

“How are you, Fred?”

“Great! Who’s your new friend?” she looked at the redhead’s companion.

“Fred, this is the Detective Maclay.” Willow introduced with a small smile.

“Hello Detective. What’s the order? The usual, Will?” Fred asked cheerfully.

“Yeah.” Willow nodded.

“What about you, Detective? What will it be?”

“A mocha, please.”

Fred scribbled on her notepad and nodded. “I’ll be right back with your orders!” she said, walking away from the table.

With the waitress gone, Willow turned to the blonde woman before her speculatively. “So, detective, what do you want from me?”

“You take pictures of all the crime scenes, right?”

“Yeah, since it began.” Willow answered easily.

“Then maybe you can help us.”

“The police wanting my help? Tell me another joke, because this one was great!”

Tara watched impassively as the redhead laughed.

“I’m not joking. I’m sure these crimes are all linked. And as a good photographer, you must see things we can’t.”

Willow stopped laughing and looked at the detective speculatively. “Maybe, but what is in it for me?”

“You’ll be helping the community.”

“I’m more of a material girl, charity won’t put food on my table. We live in a capitalist world, remember?” Willow looked at Tara intensely.

“Maybe some payment.” Tara offered.

“I don’t live off ‘maybe’, my dear.” Willow insisted.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be rewarded.” Tara finally agreed.

“And who will do that? William? The day he does that I’ll be a thief.”

“Well, then you can start preparing for your life of crimes, I’ll talk to him right now.” Tara raised from her chair and walked out of the café.

“Huh? Where is the detective?” Fred asked as she brought the orders.

“She’s gone, but I’ll pay for her mocha anyway.”

“Will, she’s a hottie!” Fred commented excitedly.

“She’s more of a cunning little fox, I’d say.” She said staring at the chair that was occupied but the detective.

“Huh?”

“Nothing, Fred, nevermind.”

“Hah! Red is right, Maclay, it’s a very good joke.”

“William, I’m certain she will be of great help.” Tara insisted.

“And why you think that?”

“She always take pictures of the crime scenes, maybe she caught with her camera something our eyes didn’t.”

“You know young Willow is a ambitious girl, I’m sure you’ve noticed that.”

“Yes, sir.”

“You really think she’ll be useful?”

“Yes, sir.” She repeated.

“Maclay, you’re not thinking with your hormones, are you?” William narrowed his eyes.

“No, sir.” Tara answered with an emotionless voice, but the ghost of a smile formed on her lips.

The commander stared at the blonde detective for a moment before finally relenting. “If we’re going to pay that girl, soon it will be us robbing museums, ‘cause the department don’t have money for this kind of thing. But I’ll take care of it for now, you see what you can find out with this ‘new source’.”

“Yes, sir.” Tara nodded and walked out of the office.

”Maybe you should help.”

“But Rack...”

“Stop thinking, my sweet Strawberry, the next act will be very well guarded. And for sure the cops of this station will be there to help with the security. With you helping them we can find out all their plans for the big night.” The man explained smoothly.

“You mean I’ll not only help them, but you want me to find out their security plans?”

“Exactly.”

“But that’s Dawn’s job.” She complained.

“It will be yours now, since you’ll be in the lions’ den.”

“Maybe our little Willow isn’t qualified for the mission.”

“Wrong, Amy. I know she’s perfect for the job, right, sweet Strawberry?”

“Of course I am!” she said hotly. She hated being underestimated.

“That’s my girl.”

The sound of her cell phone suddenly echoed through the room, interrupting the gang’s conversation.

“Hello?... Detective Maclay? How did you get my number?... Oh, I see. Ok, meet me at my apartment then.” The girl turned of the cell.

“How will she know where you live if you didn’t tell her?” Amy asked from her place on Rack’s lap.

“She’s a cop, if she found out my number, she’ll find my address.” The redhead shrugged.

“Great! I hope you do a good job, Strawberry.” Rack leered at the redhead, making her shift uncomfortably.

“Leave it to me, boss.”

Tara stopped in front of the apartment’s door and rang the bell. A girl with long red hair pulled into a braid opened the door.

“Detective Maclay.” She nodded her greeting.

“Miss Rosenberg.”

“Com’on in.” she stepped aside and closed the door when the blonde entered the apartment.

Tara looked around the living room, it was quite big and comfortable enough for more than one person. On the corner of the room, she noticed a wooden doll with several smallish knives craved into it.

“Kunais.”

“What?”

“They’re my kunais, kind of small throwing knives.” Said Willow, walking to the wooden doll and yanking the kunais off. “When you live on the streets you have to know how to defend yourself. When I was a kid I saw those on a store, I just fell in love with them so I worked hard to buy them and started to train with them.” She looked proudly at her prized kunais.

“You lived on the streets? Where were your parents?” Tara looked at her strangely, she didn’t look like a street girl nor she talked like one.

“My parents died when I was a baby, I don’t even remember them. I didn’t have any relatives, so I was taken to an orphanage. I didn’t like it there, I felt like a caged bird. I wasn’t born to be in a prison. However, Detective Maclay, I don’t believe you came here to hear the tragedy of my life.”

“No.” Tara agreed, letting her mind process what she just heard.

“Follow me then, the pictures are in my office.”

“For a simple photographer you sure must earn a lot of money.” Tara commented observing the tastefully decorated apartment.

“Oh, you wouldn’t believe how much a newspaper is willing to pay for some pictures. All for the competition.” Willow gave her a sideway glance.

Tara followed Willow to the office and watched her opening a drawer and taking out a black folder labeled ‘Night Angels’.

“Here you go, Detective, have fun.” Willow tossed the folder on the table which Tara promptly picked up and sat down to analyze the pictures.

“What’s this?” Tara pointed to a particular area of one of the pictures.

“Where?” Willow leaned over her shoulder until their cheeks were almost touching.

“This.” Tara turned around and fell into the greenest eyes she ever saw, looking at her half an inch away.

Willow jumped back hastily, feeling her cheeks reddening and berated herself for acting so stupidly.

“Um, here, it looks like a mark on the floor.” Tara pointed at the picture.

“Uh, yes, it does.” Willow agreed leaning closer again, but this time more carefully. “You have any idea what it could be?”

“We know the thief cut the wires to deactivate the security, but we didn’t find out what he used to do so or how he opened the safe lid.”

“And you think that knowing that you’ll find the thief?” Willow asked skeptically.

“No, but at least we’d have a clue. Do you have a magnifying glass?”

“Yep.” Willow opened one of the drawers of the bookstand and took out a magnifying glass, handing it to Tara.

“A knife.” Tara announced after analyzing the picture closely.

“Huh?”

“They opened the lid with a knife, they cut the wire with a knife.”

“All this work to find out that they used a penknife.” Willow shook her head.

“But it doesn’t seem to be a common knife.” Tara stated pensively.

“Well, while you analyze these pictures I’ll go take a shower. I’ll need to go out soon.” Willow said before walking out of the office.

After observing the pictures for a few minutes, Tara raised from her chair and started walking around the office. She noticed that it was very informal and concluded that even if the redhead didn’t have any family she surely had friends that helped her. But there wasn’t any picture of them, except for a teenager girl with long brown hair and blue eyes standing beside a smiling Willow.

“That’s Dawn.” Willow’s voice caught her attention and she looked at the office’s entrance.

She was wearing a form-fitting pair of leather pants, boots and a leather jacked over a very flattering red top. Her hair was down and slightly moist from the shower and she was wearing very little make-up, just enough to bring out her sparkling green eyes. It was a truly beautiful sight.

Tara released the breath she didn’t even realized she was holding when Willow started walking toward her. “She’s a girl I met, she’s living here with me. But right now she’s at school.”

“Where are her parents?” Tara asked, trying not to stare at the stunning redhead.

“I don’t know. She never told me, she said her parents were dead, but I don’t believe it. I won’t question, though, it’s her life. Detective Maclay, I know you’re entertained by the pictures, but I’ll have to ask you to leave, I need to go out.”

“I see.”

“Take the pictures with you and enjoy them.” Willow offered, smiling charmingly.

“Right. Thank you.” Tara tried to keep a straight face but it wasn’t working very well.

They walked out of the apartment and after Willow having locking the door, they started walking down the hall toward the elevator.

“Say, I heard about a great collection of artifacts of the time of the Feudal Japan will arrive at the National Museum this week.” Willow asked casually.

“Yes.” Tara nodded.

“How will the security be done there?” they entered the elevator.

“Half our department will be there.”

“William too.”

“Yes, he too.”

“I bet he’ll have a stroke if he doesn’t catch those thieves. Of course, if he doesn’t die of cancer before.” Willow smirked. “How will be organized this vigilance scheme?”

“Why do you want to know, Miss Rosenberg? Planning on fooling the security? Want to rob the Museum?” Tara asked half-teasing.

“Think I’d be a good thief?” Willow asked mischievously.

“William said you’re nosy, maybe you’d be a good thief.”

“Well, this is where we part, dear Detective.” The elevator had reached the ground floor and its doors were open. “Here is my card, if you need any help you can call me. You won’t need to look up my record to find out where I am.”

“I’ll do that, Miss.”

“And for God’s sake, call me Willow. This whole ‘miss’ thing makes me fell like one of those rich bimbos walking around out there.” Willow said with a mock shudder.

“So call me Tara.” The blonde smiled.

“Alright, Tara.” Willow said goodbye kissing the cop’s cheek and ran toward the building’s garage.

“You shouldn’t flirt with the cops like that.” A small figure leaning on Willow’s car said.

“Jealous, Oz?” she grinned.

“No, just cautious, as you should be.”

“Now what would be the fun in that?”

Oz just looked at her impassively, having the distinct feeling that this was not going to end well.

To Be Continued…

So... Ya like it?

Edited by: Whisper at: 12/2/04 8:33 pm

Post subject: Re: First Fic - Stolen Heart
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:37 pm 
Willow thief Tara cop je je jeThat sounds like fun.

Seen Will all Lupin-y sure its weird used to clumsy Red but is so cool. And Tara so sharp :cool .

Besides, in the first chapter there is a kiss already :kiss1 (yea, in the cheek, I know but...) Want to read more

Good fic Whisper and Welcome to the kittens. That sure is a nice entrance ;)

Upload soon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:41 pm 
First fic huh...well you're doing a fantastic job.

behindhereyes

Kim

"To the world, you may be one person; but to one person, you may be the world"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:25 pm 
:read

Great start, more please.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:05 pm 
Wow, what a great idea! Willow the sneaky burglar thumbing her nose at the cops by interacting with them so boldly is cool. Um...not that I'm condoning art theft.:blush

The different groups you've set up is very refreshing. I especially like Tara, Xander and Faith being buds--that's something you never saw! Willow working for Rack, though...grrr. I have an uneasy feeling he's not going to appreciate his #1 thief cozying up to Commander William's (too funny!) #1 detective. Can't wait for more!

-Cameron

What should I be but just what I am? - Edna St.Vincent Millay

Post subject: Answers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:27 pm 
Wow! So many people leaving me feedback! I'm proud!

Viximon: Well, the change of personality was kinda part of the plan, this being strictly AU. Just wait to see what I've done with Anya *rubs hands gleefully* And smoochies! Well, if you liked this I'm sure you'll just love what I have in store for chapter two, which I'm already almost done with. Thanks a lot for reading!

behindheryes: Yep, first fic alright. I'm so nervous. Thanks and stay tuned, more soon.

Egnalos: Thanks and don't worry, next chapter is on its way, it will be up tomorrow morning tops.

tarawhipped: Hey, thanks! Yes, I like the thief Willow part myself. I've seen only one fic with her being a thief and it was so good I wanted to try it too. And yes, art theft is completely overrated anyway. :grin We'll have more interaction between Tara and her friends next chapter and yes, I'm afraid you're completely right about Rack's reaction, it won't be good. But, I promise happy ending, so don't worry! You won't have to wait long, promise!

Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback, they made my day! I'll be updating soon, so stay tuned!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:19 pm 
intriguing start, very rare to see t&w set up as antagonists, should be lots of fun. ambitiously large cast, esp. for a first fic, easy to follow so far though, since we're familiar with them all. this gave me a vision of tara doing the bogart role in "the maltese falcon" and falling for the thief, all tough with the "i won't play the sap for you" type lines. cool beginning, looking forward to more-mary

here and now is all that counts,here and now in large amounts,uh-huh
adam ant

Edited by: meretricious at: 11/12/04 9:22 pm

Post subject: Update!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:01 pm 
And here I have the promised update, it turned out to be longer than I had planned, to it took me a bit longer to finish it. Enjoy!

Chapter Two: Thieves and Cops

A truck full of valuable charge parked by the alley beside the building. It was in the middle of the night and two pairs of eyes watched from the shadows as a group of men unloaded the truck, bringing the boxes into the museum.

"Why don't we just attack?"

"Just the two of us? Stop to think, Dawn, this is strictly recon. And look." Willow pointed to a car across the alley.

"What about that?"

"The cops, Dawn, you didn't think they would be that stupid, did you?" she squinted her eyes and recognized who was inside the car.

"Maclay..." she whispered.

"Who?"

"No one. Let's do our job." she said quickly.

"Right." Dawn drawled skeptically, but still she walked around the alley to get to the street. The men were still busy with the boxes and didn't even notice the girl approaching.

"AAAHHH!" she yelled, catching the men's attention and they immediately ran to her.

Across the street, Faith was about to get out and help the girl when a hand on her arm stopped her in her tracks.

"Wait!"

"What's up, T?"

Tara scanned the area with her eyes until she saw it. A furtive shadow entered the museum by the same door the unloaders were using. It was so quick she wouldn't even have noticed if she hadn’t been looking.

"Go help the girl, I have to check on something." Tara exited the car and run into the museum.

"I'm fine." Dawn said, getting off the ground. "I just stumbled. I should go home, it's late."

"You sure you're fine, kid?" Faith asked with a frown.

"I'm sure, m'am, nothing to worry about."

"If you say so..."

"Thanks everyone, but I should get going." Dawn smiled at them sweetly and ran off.

Willow entered the building, walking silently. She remembered spending the whole morning analyzing the museum's security as was her function in the gang. Everyone had theirs.

Rack was the one to sell the stolen pieces and he decided what they would steal next. Oz mapped the place inside and out, which helped them looking for the best places to come and go, as well as the best escape route. Dawn, as she was the youngest member, got the simplest jobs, like finding out the security scheme of the local police. Amy was the one that really got on her nerves. She still didn't quite know what she was doing with them, maybe she was there to be Rack's personal whore. She was just the look-out and she drove the escape car. Now, her own function. Well, since she was a kid she was into martial arts and electronics. Willow was the one to steal the objects and shut down the place's security system. Usually she studied the system through photos, but in this case she hadn't been able to do that. So, she had to break into the museum tonight to do the evaluation.

She kept on walking, she needed to find the main system to finish what she came to do in that place, when she felt someone approaching. She whipped her head around, trying to find a place to hide, but that place didn't seem to be favoring her. She looked up and saw a blessed stone column, the ceiling on that part of the museum was low, she could hide there.

With a 'cat jump' Willow reached the column and melted into the shadows.

Tara stopped dead in the middle of the room, just under the column. She was sure the presence she had felt was there. She didn't see anyone, but her senses were telling her she wasn't alone.

Willow watched Tara looking around for someone and cursed mentally.

Shit! She can feel me! she thought and moved to the edge of the column, balancing on her hands firmly.

Sorry, Maclay, but this will hurt like hell. She let her body fall in Tara's direction and used the momentum to deliver a strong kick to the Detective's head, knocking her out. The girl gave the fallen Detective a last look and started running.

Willow ran through the museum's rooms as fast as she could until she found the window she had planned for her escape and with a jump she reached the window sill and with another she was out. The young woman ran faster and faster to the car parked three streets below the museum.

Her felt her heart clenching painfully for what she did to Tara, she just didn't know why she was feeling that way.

Willow got into the car, slamming the door shut. Involuntary tears streamed down her face and she rested her forehead on the wheel, letting out a shuddering sigh.

"So, Will, did you make it?" Dawn asked, entering the car herself.

"Didn't find the main system, we'll have to find another way to bypass the security."

"Alright. Willow?" Dawn asked worriedly.

"What?"

"What happened? Why are you crying?"

"I am?"

"Yeah. What-"

"Nevermind that, Dawn, let's go home. You have school tomorrow." Willow ended the conversation, turning the key on the ignition and driving off.

The pain in her head was maddening, but still she forced herself to open her eyes. What she saw made her frown. When had she come back home? She was in her room and her clothes were definitely more comfortable.

"Thought you were going to sleep all day."

"Buffy?!" she exclaimed, immediately regretting it as the pain in her head intensified.

"Morning to you too, Tara."

"She's up?" another voice asked.

"Yeah, Anya, Sleeping Beauty is up and about."

"Aunty Tara!" a child's voice reached Tara's ears and the next thing she knew she had two arms full of small blonde boy with deep brown eyes.

"Jamie, get off your Aunt Tara, she needs her rest." the smaller blonde scolded half-heartedly.

"Yes mommy." the little boy jumped off the bed and into Buffy's arms.

"Out, you two, I need to look Tara over."

Buffy nodded and carried little Jamie out of the room with her.

"What happened, An?" Tara asked as the other woman examined her nape.

"You were knocked out. Faith found you unconscious in one of the museum's room. She called Xander and they brought you home. Then Xander called me to take a look. Did you see who hit you?"

"I would have if I had eyes in the back of my head."

"Well, that was some blow, it looks pretty nasty. You'll live, though. Just need some rest." Anya announced.

"No, I need to do something." Tara said, getting off the bed.

"Tara, will you stand still?!"

"I think you better listen to Anya, sis. God knows it pains me to admit, but she's right."

"I'll be fine, Buff, but I need to do something." Tara was already changing as she talked. "I'll stop by later, sis." she kissed Buffy's forehead and walked out.

"She's so stubborn."

"And you're not." Anya said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Har har."

Apparently Willow wasn't in a good mood that morning as she crossed her apartment's living room, cursing whoever was ringing the bell on the other side of the door.

"What?!" she opened the door violently, but her angry blush was soon replaced by one of embarrassment. "Detective Maclay?!"

"I would like to talk to you, Miss Rosenberg."

"Y-yes." she motioned for the detective to come in. As the blonde passed by her she caught a glimpse of the swelling wound in her head and her heart clenched.

"The National Museum was almost robbed last night, did you know?"

"No." Willow closed the door and led Tara to the couch.

"That girl, Dawn, the one that lives with you." Tara started.

"What about her?" Willow asked, sitting across Tara on a comfortable looking armchair.

"She was on the crime scene. How old is she? Ten, twelve?"

"She'll be eleven soon. Why?"

"What was an eleven years old girl doing out that time?"

"You know, Detective Maclay, maybe that's the reason why I lectured her until late this night. I know I'm not her mother, but she lives under my roof so I deserve some respect, though sometimes she judges that unnecessary." Willow lied smoothly, mentally tapping herself on the back for the great excuse.

"So you don't know what she was doing there."

"Loafing around, I'm sure. I told her a thousand times already to stop talking to those brats she knew when she lived on the streets."

"You seem to worry about her a lot." Tara commented.

Willow lowered her head, a cloud of sadness filling her eyes.

"It's just... She reminds me of myself. When I was on the streets I met a guy called Angel, he taught me how to fight and use my kunais. But he died and then I started working for... I'm babbling, I'm sure you're not interested in this story."

"Not really, I'm interested. Very much."

"How come?"

"I don't know how to explain it, but I want to know more about you."

"What happened to your head, Detective?" Willow asked, visibly wanting to change subjects.

"Accident at work. I was attacked from behind." Tara allowed the change, not wanting to upset the normally lively girl.

Again Willow's heart clenched. What the hell was happening to her?

"Must have hurt."

"Not really, it was so quick I didn't even feel anything until this morning when I woke up. The doctor said I'll live." Tara smiled lopsidedly and Willow smiled back.

"So Detective, don't you work today?"

"Nop, I have the day off, you know, because of the wound. Miss Rosenberg, would you like to go for a walk with me?"

"I'll have to talk to William about his cops, they sure are getting bold." Willow laughed out loud and it was the sweetest sound Tara had heard in all her twenty six years.

"Our little Willow is around this Maclay girl a lot."

"What's the problem, Rack? Didn't you want her to find a way to fool the cops?"

"My dear, I wanted her to do that using her brain, not her body like you do."

Amy scowled, but then laughed sarcastically.

"Never heard you or anybody else complain."

"Want me to keep watching her, boss?"

"No, Oz, let Strawberry free to fly for now. Let's see how far she can flap her wings." he smirked with malice.

"Yes, sir." Oz nodded and walked out the room. He knew Willow would be in trouble if she got too close to the cop.

I hope Rack doesn't do to her the same he did to Angel. Good luck, my sweet Willow.

In all her life, Tara had never seen someone so happy and full of life like the young woman walking beside her. One would wonder if her life was really so hard, her eyes only shone with joy.

"How old are you, miss?"

"That isn't a very polite thing to ask a woman, don't you think?"

"Sorry." Tara blushed slightly.

"I'm nineteen."

Tara's eyes widened in surprise. Nineteen? She couldn't believe it. A woman so young, but that had so many bad things happen to her. Still, she smiled happily at the world that had given her so little. Amazing.

"Something wrong, Tara?"

Tara felt her heart soar hearing her first name coming from those lips. Never had it sounded so sweet.

"No! Nothing wrong."

"Talk about yourself. You know so much of my life and I know nothing about yours, except you're a cop."

"My parents died when I was young and me and Buffy, my sister, were raised by our grandmother. She's married to Faith.”

"Really? That brunette girl, your partner?"

"Yes and I have a nephew called Jamie. I met Faith at High School. We went to college together, that's where we met Xander, another friend of ours and workmate, who was already dating Anya, his wife and William's wife's cousin. We have a big extended family.”

"Sounds nice. And you all went to college together?"

"Yes. Xander majored in History and Anya is a doctor. Faith and Buffy are lawyers. William has always been a cop and Dru is a pre-school teacher."

"Ah, so she has some experience with children, being married to William." Willow giggled. "What about you, Tara?"

"Literature."

"Wow, and how come you became a cop?"

"We wanted to be useful to the community."

"Such a good girl." Willow grinned, enjoying Tara's blush immensely.

"And, um, won't you go to college, Willow?"

"My dear, I didn't even finish High School, I stopped when I was fifteen. My school was the street, I can't go to college now. That's why I'm into photography, no need for writing and studying, I just need to use my imagination to capture things in film.”

"Makes sense, but it's never too late to start over. To start a new life."

"There's now turn back in my life now, I've already made my choice."

Again a sadness clouded Willow's green eyes and Tara berated herself.

"Do you have plans for Saturday?" Tara asked, changing subjects.

"Nothing that I know of. Why?"

"This Saturday is my nephew's birthday. Would you like to go with me? You can bring Dawn too." Tara offered.

Willow was silent for a moment and Tara slapped herself mentally. What's gotten into her to make that kind of stupid invitation?

"I'd love to!" Willow answered with a brilliant smile.

"You invited Red to Spencer's son's birthday?" William asked letting out a puff of smoke. "What kind of date is that?"

"It's not a date, William. I just thought she could use some cheering up." Tara insisted.

"Oh, no? SPENCER!" he called when the brunette passed by Tara's office.

"Maclay here invited Red to your son's birthday."

"Huh?"

"You don't mind, do you?"

"You asked her out? If you wanted a date, you should take her elsewhere, don't you think?" Faith raised an eyebrow.

"See, she thinks it's a date too." William smirked smugly. "Or are you afraid to be alone with Red?"

"She doesn't like it when you call her Red." Tara growled.

"Already defending her. Fool, you fell for the nosy photographer."

"Really, T?" Faith drawled. "I'm so proud."

"Will you stop talking nonsense?!" Tara bit back, storming out of the office.

Tara walked through the station, stopping in front of a vending machine and rested her forehead on the cool surface.

Fool, you fell for the nosy photographer

William's words kept ringing through her mind. And he was right, Tara did fall in love with the redhead with bright emerald eyes.

Willow stepped into the front yard hesitantly, squeezing Dawn's hand hard until she felt another hand on her shoulder and, after a brief squeeze her worries dimmed considerably.

"Is there a problem, Willow?" Tara asked watching as Willow's eyes roamed the decorations distantly.

Flashback

"Look, Angel, what's that?" a five years old Willow asked looking at colorful balloons in a house's front yard.

"Looks like a birthday party."

"And what's that?"

Angel laughed gently, in wonder at how innocently she asked that. "You know, people are born one day and then every year they celebrate that day with a party."

"And you have a birthday too, Angel?" she asked eagerly.

"Yes, I do, little one." he ruffled her hair.

"I have a birthday too?"

Angel laughed even more, lifting the little girl in his arms. "Of course you do, Willow Tree."

"When?"

"Didn't they tell you at the orphanage?"

"No."

"Well, then, I know what we can do. In two weeks it will be your birthday, Little Tree, because that's when the cherry blossoms are in bloom."

"Yay!"

"We'll have a party and you'll get gifts." he nodded decisively.

"Gifts?" her eyes sparkled.

"Yes, what would you like to have?"

"Oh, I know! Those pretty knives we saw the other day."

"So we'll start working to get them." he smiled at her enthusiasm.

Angel and little Willow entered the small store where he had a part time job. He didn't earn much, but it was enough to feed them both. Sometimes he had to steal to eat, but he never let his little charge know about that. And of course, she helped him at the store, charming every costumer with her bright smile and soulful eyes. That's how they got enough money to buy Willow's kunais and to give the small party to celebrate her birthday. That was the first of many parties, until her fifteenth birthday came and Angel wouldn't be there to celebrate it with her.

End Flashback

"Willow?"

"Huh?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Tara. Let's go to the party, the others are waiting." Willow pulled Dawn into the house and Tara was right behind them.

"Hey, Tara!" Buffy hugged her sister silly. "Good to see you and you must be Willow."

"How nice to see you, Red." William called out from his corner.

"I told you to stop calling me that." she growled.

"So you are the girl who likes to defy my husband. I like you." an older brunette smiled at Willow.

"Sorry." she blushed.

"Aunty Tara!" the little boy's voice rang through the house and Jamie, now six years old, ran to Tara, who lifted him in her arms, giving him a big hug.

"Happy birthday, Jamie." Tara handed him a brightly wrapped gift, who rewarded her with a big smile.

"Er, well... Happy birthday, Jamie." Willow too handed him a gift, blushing shyly.

The little boy stared at her for a moment before giving her a bright smile. "Are you Aunty Tara's girlfriend?"

Willow's blush darkened and she was sure everyone noticed because Dawn wouldn't stop laughing.

"Not yet, kid." William answered. "She's just a nosy little girl."

"Oh, you..." Willow's blush changed from embarrassed to angry in a second and everyone laughed.

The party was great and Dawn seemed to be fitting right in, as she was already discussing with Buffy. It seemed like the two knew each other forever. It was so funny to see the pre-teen and the blonde bickering and it was even funnier when Xander tried to make peace, quite unsuccessfully. Across the front yard Anya and Dru talked animatedly while Tara and William talked quietly with Faith beside them entertaining her son.

Dawn seemed to have given up on her bickering with Buffy and now approached Willow, who was quiet and pensive in a bench under a tree.

"What's up, Will?" she asked, sitting beside the redhead.

"Just thinking." she answered absentmindedly.

"I've known you for five years and I didn't know you could do that."

"Very funny."

"I know."

"Dawn?" Willow asked. "Do you like this life?"

"Huh?"

"This life we lead, do you like it?"

"You want the truth? Seeing all these people, so happy in this party I've started to think about having a life like this too. To have someone taking care of me..." Dawn trailed off wistfully.

"You mean I don't take care of you?"

"It's not that, you know you're like a sister to me. But I wanted a life like this, like these people here in this party. Not just for me, for you too."

"Yeah, I wanted a family too." Willow sighed. "I had Angel, but..."

"But now you have Tara."

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"You like her, Will, you can't deny it. You know, I'm happy for you."

"Dawn, if you want I'll get you out of this life and find a way for you to have a family, a good life. I don't want you ending up like me." Willow finished sadly.

"No way, we're in this together. If I go, you go with me." Dawn nodded for emphases.

"Dawnie?"

"Yeah?"

Willow turned to her and cupped her face in her hands, green eyes staring deeply into Dawn's blue ones.

"Through all these years, I saved a lot of money, enough for us to disappear. So, girl, I promise you, this will be our last act."

Dawn broke into a big smile, the biggest one Willow'd ever seen on her face and she couldn't help her own grin.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Tara's voice reached them.

"Nope." Dawn jumped from the bench, running off to play with Jamie and his new toys.

"What did you tell her? She seemed so happy."

"Nothing special, Tara, nothing special..."

"NEVER!"

"But Rack..."

"You're only out of this gang dead. Or did you forget you and the brat know too much about us?"

"Think about it, Rack, we only want a different way. Besides, we wouldn't tell anyone, we're your accomplices." Willow reasoned.

"I don't care! You're the best of us, my best thief. Also, I promised Angel to take care of you, remember his death wish was for me to take care of you."

Willow scowled, remembering Angel's last wish. She couldn't help thinking there was something wrong there. But she hadn't been there to prove her theory.

"Damn Angel for listening to you, joining you!" she fumed.

"Even though he had that polite, sweet way, he was a pretty ambitious guy."

"BULLSHIT!"

"Truth hurts, eh Strawberry?" Rack scorned.

"If you don't want to let me go, at least let Dawn. I know she won't tell." she pleaded.

"Over my dead body."

"Rack, please..."

"Maybe I can think about it, if you do a little something for me..." Rack leered at her hungrily.

"Over my dead body." she growled, storming out of the room.

"It looks like we have a little mutiny in our merry band, dear Rack."

"So it seems Amy. That's why we'll have a little change of plans for the big act." Rack smirked.

Tara was seated in her couch, once more analyzing the pictures when the bell of her apartment rang.

"Willow, you're late."

"Sorry, I had some business to take care of. Why did you call me?"

"I wanted you to help me with some of the pictures."

"What happened? Getting blind for looking at them so much?" Willow joked.

"Please, come in."

Willow walked into the apartment and the first thing she noticed were a pair of Japanese swords on the wall.

"Wow, kodachis!" she went to the weapons, admiring the craft. "Yours?"

"Yep." Tara nodded.

"Cool. You use them or are they just for decoration?"

"You're not the only one who's into martial arts."

"Ooohh, big bad Detective Tara and her kodachis fighting crime. Beware villains!" she intoned playfully.

"I don't always use them at work."

"I was just kidding, I didn't really think you used them to work."

"But I do. Like William and Faith, they use katanas."

"And Xander?"

"He likes to fight with his fists. Not too good with swords." she shook her head, recalling Xander's first attempts and swordsmanship.

"Why swords and not guns?" Willow asked curiously.

"Blades can be much deadlier than swords."

"Very philosophic." Willow grinned.

Willow put the kodachis aside and joined Tara on the couch.

"Look this picture here." Tara handed her a particular picture.

"What about it?"

"Windows."

"So?"

"They came through the window. That's how they went in and out. I notice this pattern in the pictures. All of the stolen objects were in rooms with windows, high windows so we wouldn't suspect they'd use them."

"Brilliant deduction."

"The thief must be of great ability. Maybe a gymnast or ninja. Small too, to go unnoticed by the guards. Light and fast. Maybe it's the same that knocked me out."

"All of that just looking at a window?" Willow gulped, she never thought Tara would find out all of that, just looking at her pictures. She slapped herself mentally, she should have been more careful.

"Yes, I-" Tara turned her face to Willow and noticed how close they were. Her heart jumped as she stared into those bottomless green eyes, the intoxicating smell of jasmine filling her lungs.

Willow's was racing and she didn't exactly know how it happened or who made the first move, but before she knew it they were engaged in a intense kiss. Her hands closed around the collar of Tara's shirt, pulling her even closer as they kissed heatedly.

Breathless, Tara broke the kiss. She panted, looking into desire filled jade eyes. She stared at Willow intently, seeing a blush cover her face.

"Sorry, Tara, I-" Tara didn't let her finish and pulled her in once more, locking their lips. Lips caressed each other and soon tongues joined the dance. Tasting. Teasing. Hands buried in silky hair, stroking every bit of skin available. They couldn't get enough of each other. They parted for breathing once more and, making a quick decision, Tara stood up from the sofa, pulling Willow into her arms and guiding her into her room.

Willow was in a intense battle with the buttons of Tara's shirt, finally tearing it off her body. Tara smiled into the kiss as she felt Willow's eager hands running through her semi-naked chest and she too started undoing the redhead's shirt, but slowly, savoring each patch of flesh she uncovered.

"Tara..." Willow whimpered between kisses. "Should... Should we be doing this? It's not really professional."

Tara smiled against Willow's lips, retreating her tongue to nip lightly at Willow's kiss-swollen bottom lip. They gazed at each other, stormy blue eyes into dark green ones.

"No, this is personal."

To Be Continued...

Now comes the 1000000 dollars question, what should I do next chapter? Skip the scene or finish what I started and do nice long smut? You decide.

Edited by: Whisper at: 11/20/04 10:30 am

Post subject: Re: chap2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:41 pm 
:bow Wow, so cool! :bounce

I was right. This fic is awsome. I'm already used to the changes of character. Ja jaja ja The partty was fun. I enjoy all the new chapter very much. Since the little incident that ended with Tara with a bump and a guilty Willow ( :aww aww)

To the smochies :luv2 .

Hope thought Willow and Dawn can make it out of the gang save. That nasty Rack :mad is up to no good.

Ah! :( Angel stuff was so sweet and touching. Again Rack screw it :angry i'm sure Angel wanted to quit the gang with Will like Willow wants now together with Dawn... :paranoid

What will happen next? Awww. Upoad soon. Great work :bow

Post subject: Re: chap2 Stolen Heart
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:16 am 
:bow Wow

You've nailed it... this story is coming along fantastically :clap . You've drawn me in... I'm here for the duration. I like your style, and the theme has really set it apart... go you !

behindhereyes

Kim

Edited by: behindhereyes at: 11/14/04 9:16 am

Post subject: Re: Chapter Two: Thieves and Cops
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:10 am 
Excellent plot-thickening. I hope you go with the "over Rack's dead body" idea (and throw in Amy too for good measure). I like the background that Angel took care of Willow, and his death (at Rack's hands, I presume?), gave teenage Willow little choice but to stick with her dysfunctional criminal adoptive family. Nice to see her wanting to get out and take Dawn too (giving back what Angel tried to give her). But Rack's evil plans...setting her up to take a fall, or something worse?:aww

The chemistry between Willow and Tara is very nice, andI like that they both have an edge to them. And I'd like to cast a vote for nice long smut next.:D

-Cameron

Post subject: greeeeat!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:45 pm 
Oh, I can't believe I almost missed this fic! Un-frickin'-believable! I love thief Willow and cop Tara, the plot is wonderful. I just can't wait for the shit to hit the fan, how is Willow going to get out of this one? And Rack! :rage He really needs to have his ass kicked, Amy too!

Update soonish?

Nike

Post subject: Re: greeeeat!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:47 pm 
NICE LONG SMUT

its not nice to tease

I love this fic so sad about willow though:( please continue and remember NICE LONG SMUT:party

Post subject: Update!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:04 pm 
Well, I told you guys I would do a smut. Thing is, I wasn't really inspired for it and my mind kinda strayed to other things, so I sadly say that there is no smut in this chapter. But fear not, I will be doing an extra smutty interlude to continue the last scene of chapter two. Can you forgive me?

I hope you like chapter three anyway and beware, major cliffhanger ahead!

Chapter Three: The Big Act

Willow stirred a little, fighting to keep the last seconds of sleep. She never had felt so good. But…Where was she again? Willow’s eyes blinked open and she found herself in a deep pool of slate blue eyes.

“Morning, sleepy head.” A beautiful smile was bestowed upon her and Willow’s heart soared.

“Morning.” She said lazily, nuzzling Tara’s chest happily.

“Willow?”

“Hmm?” Willow’s eyes were still closed and the steady beat of Tara’s heart was slowly lulling her back to sleep.

“Who is Angel?”

Willow’s eyes opened again, this time for good and she stared at Tara in surprise.

“What?”

“Who is Angel?” Tara repeated, a curious frown in her face.

“Why are you asking that?”

“You kept murmuring his name all night, it looked like you were having a nightmare.” Tara’s voice was soft and worried.

Willow buried her face into Tara’s neck and the blonde felt a warm liquid on her skin.

“Please, baby, don’t cry. Forget what I said, ok?”

But Willow didn’t seem to hear Tara and kept her face hidden as she talked. “I met Angel at the orphanage, I was bullied a lot and he took me under his wing. He used to joke he was my guardian angel, you know? But the orphanage had an age limit, so when he turned eighteen they kicked him out of there. I lost my protector, my friend and my brother, all at once. So a few months later I managed to run away and I found Angel again. We started taking care of each other again and then Dawn when we found her later.”

“Willow…” Tara interrupted softly, feeling rather than seeing how much this was paining the petite redhead.

“Angel had a dream, you know? He wanted to make a place to take care of abandoned children like us. Not like an orphanage, a home. But to do that he needed money and with what he earned, well, he wouldn’t get his dream if he worked 24/7 to the end of his life. So he met a guy who put him into a new business. Angel was so good, but not even that saved him from his fate. He knew what he did was illegal, but he always said it was for the greater good, that he would find redemption later. But later never came…” Tears were streaming copiously down her face and Tara could feel them on her skin.

“Willow, you don’t need-“

“He died before I was fifteen. I dropped out of school and started working, I needed to take care of Dawn. My dear Angel… I never found out if he was killed by the criminals or the police…”

At that Tara felt her heart clench.

“He wanted the best for me… I’m sorry, Angel, but I’ll probably have the same fate…” that last part was said in a whisper that didn’t quite reach Tara’s ears.

“Baby, I’m sorry, I didn’t want…”

Willow lifted her face looking deep into Tara’s eyes, her own still shining with tears, but her lips were curved into a beautiful smile that made Tara’s heart flip in her chest.

“It’s ok, Tara, I liked to talk about it with you. I feel better now.”

“I don’t know if I should be happy or sad for you…”

Willow’s smile widened at that.

“What?” Tara looked puzzled.

“You know, Dawn told me that even though I don’t have Angel to take care of me anymore… I have you, now I have you to take care of me. Tell me, Tara, will you stay with me no matter what happens?” Willow asked in a small, vulnerable voice that broke the blonde’s heart.

“Of course.” Tara hugged Willow to her chest.

“Good.” Willow sighed happily. “I love you, Tara.”

Tara kissed Willow’s forehead, breathing into her intoxicating scent. “I love you too.”

“What time is it?” Willow asked after a few moments of quiet bliss.

Tara glanced at the clock on her bedside table. “9:30, why?”

Willow jumped in the bed and out of Tara’s embrace.

“Oh my God! I’m late! I have an appointment.” Willow ran around the room, collecting her clothes and putting them on at the same time while Tara just watched in amusement. “I have to go.” Willow made for the door, but stopped halfway and walked back to the bed, kissing Tara’s lips deeply, lovingly. And then she was gone.

Tara lingered in the bed until she heard the sound of the door clicking shut, then she stretched lazily. She threw the blanked off her body and got off the bed, but something on it made her eyes bulge out.

“Blood?!” she saw a small stain on her white sheets and couldn’t help the delighted grin that appeared on her face. “My Willow.” Tara yanked the sheets off the bed and put them on the laundry basked before going into the bathroom to start her morning routine. After all, she had work today.

“Well, children...” Rack was in the middle of the room, his eyes observing each of the people around him. “… In two days from now, Saturday to be exact, will be the great act. So, give me the details. Oz?”

“We’ll enter throw the window on the west wing, so we’ll be two rooms under our prize. Our exit is on the back salon, it’s a big window that will take us to the street behind the museum.” The stoic man explained succinctly.

“And that’s where Amy will be waiting. Dawn?”

“The cops will be at the party. Ten will be mingled among the guests, four on the main entrance, two on the party room’s entrance and two more on the room where they keep the artifacts. All of them from Commander William’s department.”

“Perfect.” Rack nodded. “Strawberry, how is your part going?”

Willow had her head low and was lost in thought, not hearing a word Rack said.

“WILLOW!”

The redhead almost jumped in her chair. “What?”

“Your part?” Rack asked with a false smile.

Willow straightened herself up. “The artifacts are in reserved areas protected by glass domes. To shut down the security I need to get to the main system of the room because it’s movement sensitive. In other words, I can go through the yellow tape before cutting the red wire.” She smiled sarcastically.

“You do that. I’ll be at the party covering for you.” Rack announced, much to the shock of his gang members.

“WHAT?!” Willow, Dawn and even Oz exclaimed.

“Rack, you never actively participated, why start now?” Oz asked after regaining his composure.

“Because the client offered a high price for the pieces. I have to make sure everything runs smoothly on this one.”

Oz nodded to the man, but inside he knew something fishy was going on and he wouldn’t like it at all.

“Dismissed.”

They left the room, leaving behind just Rack and Amy.

“Willow!” Oz called as soon as they were out of the building.

“What?”

“Here.” He handed them some kind of communicating device.

“What is this for?” Dawn asked confusedly.

“Rack is up to something. It’s better to be prepared. I’ll cover for you, Red, if anything goes wrong I’ll warn you and you get the hell out of there.”

Willow looked at him strangely, but something told her to trust the usually stoic man.

“No problem.”

Tara looked at the trees of the park as the dim light of the setting sun warmed her face. She felt a familiar presence coming from behind, but didn’t turn around. Small, soft hands covered her eyes and she felt a hot breath on her ear.

“Guess who?”

“William, is that you?” Tara asked playfully.

“Hey! Do I look like a bleached blonde Brit for you?”

Tara caught Willow’s wrists, pulling the redhead into her lap.

“Not really. You look like a beautiful, sensual, vixeny redhead photographer.”

“Vixeny, hm?” Willow murmured, tucking a golden lock behind Tara’s ears.

“Totally.” Tara sneaked her arms around Willow’s neck and pulled her into a deep kiss that left the redhead gasping for breath.

“Do you have anything to do this Saturday?”

“Depends. Why?”

“Would you join me at the opening party of the Ancient Japan Exposition?”

Willow gulped. “I can’t, I have to work.”

“Work at night?”

“I got a part time job and sadly my shift is at night.” Willow said, hopping against hope that Tara would by her excuse.

“Hm, ok then. C’mon, we’re gonna be late and Buffy just might kill me.”

“The mighty Detective Maclay afraid of a small girl like Buffy?” Willow teased, mentally sighing in relief.

“You say that because you don’t know what she’s capable of when angry.” Tara got up, bringing Willow with her. “Shall we?” Tara offered her hand, which Willow gladly accepted and off they when to Buffy’s house.

“Wonderful, someone is on our side after all.” William slapped a sheet of paper on Tara’s table.

“What’s that?” the blonde asked curiously.

“Read it.” William encouraged and Tara picked the paper, running her eyes through it.

“It looks like our friendly neighborhood thieves will act during the opening party.” William said, lighting a cigarette. “A good Samaritan wrote us this letter.”

“Do you know who’s this from?”

“No, it’s anonymous.” William shrugged.

“And how can you trust na anonymous letter?”

“I can’t, of course, but it’s better to be prepared.” With that the Commander left the office and Tara reread the letter with a pensive frown.

Willow was getting ready for the big night. Her clothes, of course, were black. Loose pants for better mobility, a t-shirt, leather jacket and gloves. Her kunais neatly hidden inside her jacket, ready for use in case of emergencies. She glanced at the table where were the equipment given by Oz. She picked the device and put it on her ear and clothes.

“I have a bad feeling about this, something tells me I shouldn’t trust Rack.” She spoke to herself.

“Ready, Will?” Dawn’s voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

“Dawn?” Willow stared into those big blue eyes, her own mind calling forth another pair of blue eyes.

“What?”

“You’re not going.” Willow said firmly.

“What?! Are you crazy, of course I’m going!”

“No, you’re not. Stay here, if I don’t come back…”

“Willow, what are you talking about?”

“If I don’t come back I want you to find Tara and ask her to find you a place to stay.

“Why are you talking like this, Will?” tears started to stream down the girl’s face as the meaning of Willow’s words sunk in.

Willow drew Dawn into her arms. “You’re my only family, Dawn, my little sister. I had promised Angel that I would take care of you, so I want you to have a normal life. Then, my little sister, please listen to me just this once and to as I say. But never ever do as I do again.”

Willow pulled back from the crying girl and offered her a smile. She turned and put on her boots and exited her apartment, leaving a teary Dawn behind.

She reached the car that would take her to the museum. Getting it she faced Oz behind the wheel.

“Ready, Willow?” he asked.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

Oz gave the redhead a rare smile and started the car.

William blew out another puff of smoke among the crowd that was four rooms below the exposition. He looked around, scanning through businessmen, collectors and generally rich people.

“How are things there, Maclay?” he asked through a communicator.

The blonde cop was on the other end of the salon, wearing dress slacks and silk shirt, as well as a long coat to conceal her kodachis. “All clear, William. What about you, Faith?”

“Nothing wrong here.” Faith answered from another part of the salon.

A small figure sneaked along the wall on the west side of the museum. Willow looked up at the window.

“Shit, Oz, it’s too high!” she grumbled through the communicator.

“Wing it.” He shot back.

“Wing it?! Humph!” Willow paced around like a caged like, her mind working furiously for a solution, then she had an idea. “Well, it may not work, but at least I can try.”

She took out one of her kunais and stuck it on the space between the bricks. Taking out another one she did the same and started climbing the wall.

Finally, she reached the window and after pausing for a breather she opened them. Looking around and spotted a tall cabinet and jumped on top of it, landing soundlessly. With another jump she reached the floor.

“Show time.” She hid her long braid in a black cap and started walking to the exposition room.

Willow walked silently like a cat and her eyes searched every corner of the museum. She looked at the only entrance of her destination and caught sight of the two men guarding the door, just as Dawn told them.

Moving furtively, Willow caught the two guards by surprise and before the could utter a words they were off to dreamland for at least a couple of hours. Looking around to ensure that she was alone, she entered the dark room, walking to the artifacts.

She looked around. She needed to find the main security system, but it seemed to be well hidden. She gave a few more steps and was so focused on her task that didn’t even hear the small ‘click’ that echoed through the room.

“They’re here!” Faith’s voice came through the communicators.

From another corner of the salon Oz observed the movement of the guests, trying to find Rack, but the ruffle between the detectives caught his attention.

“What happened?” he asked himself, still hidden by the shadows when he saw the three cops ran out of the room in the west wing’s direction. “Shit!” he cursed in a low voice.

“Willow!” Oz’s voice nearly made the redhead jump out of her skin.

“Don’t do that, you idiot!”

“Get yourself out of there, Willow!”

“Wait a minute, I’ll just find the main system and then I’m outta here with this beauty.”

“Forget that and get out!” he insisted frantically.

“I can’t, if I don’t finish this Rack will kill me.”

“Like he did to Angel?”

Hearing her old friend’s name stopped Willow dead in her tracks. “What are you talking about?”

“He killed Angel, Willow. Because he didn’t want to work for him anymore, like you don’t want to now. Angel never wanted Rack to take care of you, he wanted him as far away as possible. He didn’t want you in this life.”

“What?” Willow asked incredulously.

“It’s a long story, Willow. NOW GET OUT OF THERE!” as soon as Oz gave his warning the room’s door burst open and three people could be seen at the entrance.

“My dear, you are under arrest.” William announced, brandishing his katana. “Maclay, take care of him. Spencer, you see to the unconscious guards. I’ll look for the accomplice mentioned on the letter.”

William and Faith left the room, leaving only Tara and the thief.

Willow looked at Tara across the room, kodachis in hand and her green eyes widened in the dark of the room. What now?

Rack watched the detectives running around and smiled inside, greeting another high class businessman.

“Mr. Davison, you’re one of our greatest collaborators.” Said the museum’s curator.

“I know.” Rack answered, dodging the curator and heading for a quieter place.

“Yes, Mr. Davison, a collaborator that gets his money thorugh theft and forcing innocents into working for him.” Rack felt a cold blade pressed on his neck as the voice hissed to him. “You know, I think I’ll use your own sentence in cases of treason. Death!”

Tara kept staring at the figure in the middle of the room, hidden by darkness.

“How did you know I was here?” a small voice reached the cop’s ears.

“We received an anonymous letter warning about tonight, so we redoubled the security in this room.”

“Anonymous letter?! Rack...” the thief growled.

“Your accomplice, I presume?”

“My boss really.” She answered sarcastically. “And a filthy murderer too.”

“That rich guy, Rack Davison?”

“Of course! How do you think he got rich?”

“Why are you giving me that information. You don’t need to do that now, just after you’re behind bars.” Tara smirked.

Willow smiled ironically and gave the detective a hard stare. “I wasn’t born to be in a prison, Detective Maclay.”

Tara’s eyes widened, having heard that before. Also, the fact that the thief knew her name surprised her.

“What are you doing, Detective?” Rack’s voice came from the doorway. “Get this thief who wants to steal my artifacts.”

Willow’s jaw hung open incredulously. Rack asked her to steal something that was his?!

“Yes, Mr. Davison.” Tara attacked, one of her swords slashing through the air.

Willow jumped aside and managed to dodge the blade, but lost her cap in the maneuver.

A few halls bellow William was slapping the face of a Young man with spiky red hair.

“What happened, boy?” he asked as soon as the boy opened his eyes.

“The thief attacked me, he went to the exposition room.”

William jumped to his feet and dashed to the room, leaving Oz behind to check the damage done to his body.

Tara slashed the air once more and felt something sharp biting into her right shoulder. As a reflex, she dropped one sword and yanked the object off, watching the blood sliding off the small blade.

“A kunai?”

“Maclay!” William burst into the room, sword in hand and immediately switched the light on.

Light filled the room in seconds, temporarily blinding the eyes of those used to the dark. Tara’s eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the new brightness and her blue stared incredulously at the black clad figure in front of her with seven kunais between her fingers. She blinked several times, but the pain in her shoulder told her that this was no dream. She was really seeing what she was seeing.

“Willow…”

To be Continued…

Well, now, after this positively evil cliffhanger I’ll be eagerly waiting death threats and possibly some :punish too.

Chapter four will be up soon, hopefully and the shit will really hit the fan.

And as for the kunai thing, I found out the name of Willow's knives. They're ninja weapons for throwing, but smaller than your usual throwing knives. I bet you noticed by now that I have a thing for Japanese weapons, huh? Well, I'll edit the previous chapters with the new name later. Right now I'm in a hurry, else I'd take my time to answer your feedback, which by the way is greatly appreciated.

'Til next time.

Edited by: Whisper at: 11/20/04 9:33 am

Post subject: Re: Update!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:11 am 
Hey

Wicked Fic..your doing great..I cant wait to read more..

Trish

Ps. Cant wait as in post very soon..pwease

Post subject: RE:3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:12 am 
So cool :bow

The tension is on, I don't wanna see that :geek .

:laugh Jajaja, Really, I wanna see it so much that I'm bouncing:bounce

What will happen now? :glasses I wish Willow could escape somehow. I wish Tara injure wouldn't be serious :no and she and the redheadthief make up. I don't want they two to fight :spin

BTW, Rack is still in the same room with them? :shock Oh my, this mean problems.

Great fic, awsome upldate. Continue soon :bow

Post subject: Re: Stolen Heart
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:47 am 
:sheep Whisper...

This story is kick-ass. Willow lost her virginity to Tara :blush ...lucky red-head. Rack :mad ...hate that guy!

Now, your update left me on the edge....what'cha gonna do about it...hurry fix me ;) .

behindhereyes

Kim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:28 pm 
Your story just ROCKS MY WORLD!

Evil cliffhanger though..

Edited by: Warduke at: 11/20/04 5:48 pm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:50 pm 
so loved the update even without the SMUT i totally understand when an author forgoes smut with plot developement so i look forward to your update

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:10 pm 
Ooh, great story despite the wickedly mean cliffhanger. Anxiously looking forward to more, thanks.

Yvonne:peace

Post subject: Update!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:00 pm 
First and foremost I'd like to apologize for the delay, I wanted to update much sooner, but I caught a bad cold that had me in bed for a time. But I guess better later rather than never, huh?

Well, this chapter is not as long as the others, mostly because I don't do fight scenes very well. I hope you like it anyway.

Enjoy!

Chapter Four: Fights and Betrayals

It took all of one second. One second for her whole world to come tumbling down at her feet. Her heart was ripped out from her chest, leaving a gapping, bleeding hole. She felt nothing, though, her whole body was numb and she could hear nothing but the roaring in her ears.

“Tara...”

Then it came. The rage. All the emotions that she’d always kept safe inside herself came to the surface in a explosion of fury.

“IS THIS THE DAMN JOB YOU GOT?!”

William looked on shocked as the usually calm, even shy young woman let out all that she had kept bottled up. He always thought that one day she would have to vent that, but it never crossed his mind that it would be in that way.

“YOU USED ME ALL THIS TIME!” for the first time in her life, Tara let the rage take over her being and her words.

“Looks like little Strawberry pissed off her cop.” Rack commented almost to himself, but it was not lost on William, whose eyes narrowed suspiciously and in a flash he had his katana pressed against the man’s neck.

“What seems to be the problem, Detective?” Rack asked in absolute calm.

“I heard the whole thing through Maclay’s communicator and you said you didn’t know Willow. How come you’re calling her ‘Strawberry’ now?”

Rack slapped himself mentally, cursing his slide. Oh, well, no more good guy act. “You’re right, Detective.” He stepped away from William’s blade and took out his own from under his coat.

Tara still stared at Willow, not even caring about her overflowing emotions, right now the only thing she could feel was anger and hurt and it showed in her eyes plainly for all to see.

Willow felt a lump in her throat and her heart broke for the blonde’s pain, knowing that it was herself that had put it there.

“Tara I…”

“Shut up!” Tara cut her off, her voice pure ice. “Willow Rosenberg, you are under arrest.”

Willow sighed, even though her heart was breaking in her chest she couldn’t surrender that easily. Not until she had dealt with Rack herself.

“I’m sorry, my dear, but to arrest me you’ll have to catch me first.” She said in a ironic tone.

“As you wish.”

Even without the use of her right arm, Tara dropped into a fighting stance, kodachi ready for attack. Moving swiftly she ran to the redhead, sword slashing the air. It didn’t quite reached Willow, after all she could defend herself well.

Willow jumped a couple of feet away from Tara and a drop of blood slid from the small cut in her cheek. She cursed at that, she hadn’t been quick enough to completely avoid the blade.

Tara attacked again, letting her fury take over her body completely. Willow’s eyes widened in desperation. Did Tara hate her so much that she didn’t care about anything anymore, about what they had? Danmit, she had given herself body and soul to Tara. She rarely trusted anyone, but she knew that with Tara it would be different. But now all was lost, she had fallen into Rack’s trap and now her love hated her.

The redhead thief rolled away from another vicious attack and she took the chance to grab for the forgotten kodachi on the ground. She quickly jumped to her feet just in time to parry Tara’s next attack.

“Tara, listen to me!” she panted as they crossed swords. “I did it because it was Angel’s last wish!” using all her strength, she managed to push Tara away from her, ceasing the attack. “Rack told me that just before dying, Angel asked him to take care of me, to be my tutor. And of course, being the idiot that I am I believed him. It never crossed my mind that he had killed Angel himself.”

“That’s no excuse for becoming a thief.” Tara stated coldly. “Or for using me.”

“Stop acting like a stupid fool! I only became a thief because it was that or the orphanage, after all I was still underage. But then I got used to this life.”

“You’re not underage anymore.”

“Exactly! This was going to be the last time. I was going to get out of the gang, but it seems that Rack didn’t like my proposal very much.” She laughed sarcastically. “As for you, you were an accident.”

“Accident?!” Tara exploded. “Everything that happened between us was just an accident to you?”

“WHY ARE YOU TWISTING MY WORDS, DANMIT?!”

Tara smirked, for all the anger and hurt that burned in her heart she couldn’t deny that knocked down all her walls. And she was so attractive when angry.

The battle between William and Rack was vicious, they looked like the battling samurais from the several paintings exposed in that same museum. So focused William was in the fight that he didn’t even notice someone sneaking up on him. Rack watched the slim figure get closer to William, who in question of seconds dropped to the ground unconscious.

“Very good, Amy.” He smiled at the woman, who handed him the gun which she had used to knock out the cop in a single blow to the head.

“Thanks. What about them?” she nodded at the still battling lovers.

“Wait for me in the car, my dear. I’ll take care of this little nuisance.” He said, cocking the gun.

“Tara, stop this!” Willow pleaded.

“I’m sorry, but it’s my job to arrest you.”

Willow’s stance was defensive and she backed until she had nowhere to go. Cornered, she watched the glint of Tara’s blade as the blonde got closer. Her heart was hammering in her ribcage.

God, is she going to kill me? She can’t hate me that much. Can she? Green eyes widened when the kodachi got closer and for some reason the redhead wasn’t surprised when it was stuck in the wall beside her head.

“Go deal with Rack.” Tara whispered in her ear.

Willow smiled at the detective, moving quickly she switched their positions and stuck Tara to the wall with her kunais.

“Hey!” the blonde protested.

“Just making sure you’re not going to interrupt me.”

Tara tried to wrench herself free from the small blades that had her pinned by her coat by it was useless. She could only watch as the young thief left her to deal with her ex-boss.

“Tell me something, you bastard. Why did you kill Angel if he was your best man?” she said, approaching Rack slowly.

“He was weak. Just because of two dead cops he wanted to get out of the gang.”

“It was you who killed those men, wasn’t it?” Willow asked with venom in her voice.

“They were in the way.” He shrugged carelessly.

“You knew Angel never wanted to hurt anybody.”

“That idiot said that he wouldn’t work for me in those terms anymore and wanted out.”

Flashback

“RACK! You shouldn’t have killed those guards! If you had waited just one minute I would have knocked them out!”

“You were too slow, Angel. They had us at gun point.”

“What were you doing armed, Rack? We’re thieves, not murderers!”

“Causalities of our work, who cares?”

“I care! I’ve had enough of this, Rack, I’m out of this shit today!”

“No way, Angel. People only get out of my gang dead. You know too much, my dear.” Rack pointed his gun at Angel.

“Are you going to kill me like you did those cops?” Angel smiled bitterly. “We had a deal that I would work for you only for a time. Just enough for me to gather the money I wanted.”

“I changed my mind.” Rack shrugged.

“So this is how you get rid of your employees? Killing them?”

“You should have read the bottom line of the contract before accepting my proposal.” Rack smirked.

“You can’t kill me, I’m your best thief.”

“True, but I got my eyes on someone to replace you already. And I say she is more then qualified.”

Angel arched an eyebrow, clearly confused.

“You trained your Little Tree quite well, my friend.”

“DON’T YOU DARE TO TOUCH HER YOU BASTARD!”

Furious, Angel attacked Rack, but it was useless. With a loud bang Angel fell to the ground, blood pouring from the wound in his chest.

“Get away from her…” were his last words.

End Flashback

Willow’s blood boiled. “YOU FUCKING MURDERER!” she exploded. “You killed Angel because you were afraid of getting caught!”

The redhead was beyond furious and all she had in mind now was just how she would kill Rack. She took Tara’s kodachi and attacked.

“Foolish girl!” Rack barked, hiding his gun inside his coat and parrying Willow’s attack easily with his own sword.

Willow somersaulted over Rack, slashing at his neck, managing to get in a small cut before he jumped away. Landing lightly on her feet, Willow didn’t even stop to breath as she continued her relentless attack.

The only thing that could be heard was the heavy breath of both fighters and the sound of metal hitting metal as the blades clashed furiously. They crossed swords and battled to see who was going to stay firm longer.

“You know, your dear friend Angel was a weakling, a dreamer. He wanted an easy way to realize his dreams and chose this path. An innocent fool that really thought that he could become a thief and find redemption later. A Robin Hood wanna-be.”

“Shut up!” Willow growled, her eyes burning green fire.

“I couldn’t let him out of the gang. After all I don’t want to destroy my empire. I’m too young to rot in a cell.”

“Don’t you think it’s a little too late to worry about that? You just confessed all your crimes in front of the cops.” Willow smirked.

“I’ll take them out later. First that fool William, then your beloved Tara. Of course, not before I make the quiet little girl scream in pain.”

“Touch her… and you will wish you were never born.” With a enraged scream Willow managed to push Rack away from her.

“Well, lookie Detective, Strawberry here really fell in love with you. Any last words before I kill her?”

Tara’s look was cold and emotionless.

“You’re too emotional, Strawberry.” Rack taunted.

“You think so?” Willow’s eyes gave nothing away.

“You spent too much time with Detective Maclay, it seems, but you can’t keep up this look much longer. Oh, and I should also remind you that after you’re dead I’ll have to kill little Dawn too, after all we don’t want any loose ends.”

Faith was outside the salon, hearing everything through the communicators, restraining herself from interfering. She had her orders, though and even with her brash nature she could respect her Commander’s wisdom.

Willow remained impassive, but inside she was burning with two completely opposite emotions. Anger and pity.

“I pity you, Rack.” She finally let out.

“What?”

“What did all this accomplish? You killed those who helped you and in the end you will be poor and alone. Evil only brings more evil. I don’t care if I die, Rack, I’m taking you with me.”

And the battle was on again. But as much as she wanted to win, Willow was still smaller and so weaker. She was tiring and the strength of her arms didn’t compare to Rack’s. Besides, she wasn’t used to swords and even though she knew how to use them, her weapons were the kunais.

The blades were still touching when Rack finally decided that playtime was over. He twisted his sword roughly, throwing Willow’s kodachi away, but losing his own blade in the process.

Now they were in the middle of the salon swordless staring at each other.

“Give up, Rack. I was trained by Angel and he always won when it was hand-to-hand combat.”

“And who said we were going to fight hand-to-hand?” Rack smirked.

“Huh?”

Rack pulled out the gun he had hidden before his fight with Willow and she cursed herself for forgetting that detail.

“Coward to the end, huh Rack?”

“I’m a businessman, so I have to take care of my possessions, after all they didn’t come easy.” He stated calmly.

“You’re just an ambitious coward.” She spat.

“Maybe.” He shrugged and pointed the gun to Willow’s head. “But at least I’m a rich coward. Goodbye, Strawberry.”

The redhead closed her eyes and waited for the shot that seconds later echoed through the museum’s walls.

So this is death? It’s not that bad. There’s a little pain, but it’s not too bad. I’m sorry, Angel, I couldn’t realize your dream. In the end, we had the same fate. We followed the same path and had the same death. But this is weird, I mean, if I’m dead why am I hearing noises and smelling blood? It shouldn’t be like this. Right?

Willow opened her eyes and blinked to stop the black spots dancing in her eyes. She felt a sharp pain in her head and lifted her hand to the wound there.

“Blood?” she studied the red liquid in her hand in morbid fascination.

With a flash she realized that the bulled had just grazed her head. But even if they were at a considerable distance from each other she knew that Rack had a good aim. So why did he miss?

Willow looked up and stared at Rack, who stood before her like a statue. His eyes seemed lifeless, arms hanging at his sides and the gun lay on the ground at his feet. Then another thing caught her attention.

“Kunai!” she gasped, seeing one of her kunais buried in Rack’s chest, where his heart was supposed to be. It seemed like hours had passed when it fact it was mere seconds. Willow watched in shock as Rack’s body dropped to the ground, unmoving.

”Willow?!” a rough voice reached her eyes and Willow soon found herself surrounded by her lover’s strong arms.

“Tara, you…?” she noticed Tara’s coat was ripped and realized where the kunai had come from.

“I couldn’t let you die.” Tara whispered, cupping Willow’s face and caressing her cheeks with her thumbs.

“Tara, forgive me, I…”

“Shhh…” Tara put a finger on the redhead’s lips, her eyes shining with love for the smaller woman.

“Hey, you two!” William called out, he was still recovering from the blow while Faith checked if Rack was really dead. “Red had better get the hell outta here, soon this place will be packed with cops after the racket that shot caused.”

Willow stared at William in surprise and the Commander offered her a small smile before lighting a cigarette.

“So, Spencer, you got it all?”

“Yes sir, every word.” Faith smirked.

“So go review the tape. We have to edit this proof.”

“Yes, sir.” Faith nodded and turned to the redhead. “I like you, Red, I hope we see each other again.” She grinned before leaving.

“I’ll try to delay the others, you be quick.”

Tara and Willow watched William walk out too, leaving them alone in the room.

“Edit the tape?” Willow finally asked.

“Looks like William doesn’t want to incriminate you.” Tara smiled softly.

Willow smiled back, but then her face turned sad.

“I’d better do as William said.” She walked to the window, but before she could jump out a pair of arms circled her waist and warm lips covered her own.

”Take care of Dawn for me.” She said when they came up for air.

“And you take care of yourself too.” Tara traced Willow’s face lovingly.

Willow leaned into the touch, sighing softly. “Goodbye, Tara.” She pulled away from the blonde and went for the window. “I love you, my beautiful hero.” With that she left, disappearing into the night.

“I love you, my Willow.”

The End

No, not really. There will be an epilogue and I'll post it soon, don't worry. I won't let you hanging long, promise.

Feedback, please?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:13 pm 
Good thing you left the authors note at the end I almost had a canniption when thought it was over can't wait for the epilogue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:04 am 
Intense update. I was fearing at some points, but all went out more or less right. :happycry I'm so happy. Love the story, though it was somewhat short.

Cute "end" but... Please write up that epilogue soon

Great work btw (:pray I pray to Willow return to Tara, to them to be happy togheter with Dawnie yada yada, you know, the happy ever after ending. But being those two ex-thief and cop....)

Ahh upload soon, please?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:03 pm 
Aww.. I was waiting and waiting for the end..well kinda.. it was good..

Trish

Ps. cant wait for more

Post subject: The Epilogue!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:32 pm 
Epilogue: A Happy Family

Four Years Later...

Tara studied the pictures intently wondering what in the world had gotten into her to accept her sister’s invitation.

Flashback

“C’mon, Tara! It’ll be fun!” Buffy insisted, waving the exposition’s pamphlet on her face.

“I can’t, I have to work.”

“Oh, for Christ’s sake, this is the worst excuse ever! Besides, I talked to William and he said you have the next weekend off.”

Tara glanced at her sister, who was giving her best puppy dog look and sighed. “Oh, alright. I’ll go.”

“Yes!” Buffy threw herself at Tara, squeezing the air out of her lungs.

End Flashback

The Detective continued studying the pictures. She heard familiar voices arguing and looked up curiously as to what was being argued about this time.

“Geez, you really know nothing of art!” Dawn was taunting Buffy, again.

The girl beside her giggled. She had shoulder length black hair and gentle gray eyes.

“And of course you think you’re the art expert, right brat?” Buffy shot back, fuming.

“Of course I am!” she stated proudly. “Willow taught me everything after all.”

At the mention of the redhead’s name everyone around the teen fell into silence and Tara stiffened instantly.

“Oh, this is ridiculous!” Dawn exclaimed, obviously irritated. “It’s not like her name is cursed or anything! I’m sure she’ll come back. This is just more proof that I know more than you, hunt!” Dawn stuck her tongue out to Buffy.

The silence was broken as Buffy and Dawn’s bickering restarted while the others laughed at then.

Tara just shook her head with a half-smile. Her smile enlarged just a little, thinking that Willow would love to capture that scene in film. She was always so bright.

The young Detective walked around a little, observing the photos exposition until a particular picture caught her attention.

It was a picture of a smiling Dawn playing with Jamie in the front yard of the Summers-Spencer family. On the background, Tara stood watching the scene with her trademark lopsided grin on her face.

“The Smiling Girl.” She read the placket under the picture.

“This is my favorite picture!” came a voice from behind Tara.

The blonde turned around and caught sight of a short guy simply clad in baggy jeans and an oversized t-shirt. The outfit was completed with a black Yankees cap, sunglasses and a pair of old sneakers.

“Hi! I’m Angel.” He greeted cheerily.

“Tara. And you’re right Angel, it is a beautiful picture.” Tara nodded.

“That’s why it’s my favorite.”

“Do I know your name from somewhere?”

Angel just smiled.

“Oh, yes! Your name is on the front of the exposition. You’re Angel, the famous photographer?”

“Yep.” Angel grinned.

“I heard you’re a very charitable guy, doing these expositions to gather money for your institution.”

“That’s right, if I’m successful, why not use this fame for a good cause?”

“I agree. You did much in four years… Willow.” Tara added, looking at the photographer intently.

The artist grinned widely and took of her glasses. Sparkling green eyes met the Detective blue ones.

“You’re smart, Detective Maclay.”

“How did you get this much money?” Tara inquired curiously, forcing herself to remain calm in the presence of the redhead who managed to break into all her barriers.

“Nothing like a good investment to make your dreams come true. All within the law, of course.” Willow added with a wink.

Tara smirked and turned her eyes back to the picture.

“The Angel Foundation for children looking for a home is spreading quickly throughout the world. Three institutions in Europe and you’re opening on here in the States. That’s quite a progress.”

“Looks like you know a lot about my life in these last few years.” Willow raised a questioning eyebrow.

“When I heard about a photographer called Angel who was the newest hot topic in the world of art with his pictures about family and street children I got suspicious. Then I heard he was financing social causes, that’s when I was sure it could only be my Willow.”

Willow’s heart skipped a bit at Tara’s possessive statement. She felt a blush coming up and cleared her throat to dispel her embarrassment. “I’m redeeming mine and Angel’s part to the society. Talking about siblings, how is Dawnie?”

“Faith and Buffy are taking care of him. Dawn idolizes Faith and still fights with Buffy every single day.”

Willow chuckled, seeing the scene in her mind’s eye.

“Oh, but there’s something else, because I was walking around the exposition and saw you. Dawn was holding a cute girl’s hand, so spill.”

“That’s her girlfriend, Tori. They met when Dawn got a job at a local bookstore.”

“That’s my girl!” Willow cheered.

“You didn’t change much in these years, Will.” Tara looked eyes with the redhead beauty.

“Of course I did, now no one makes a fool outta me and I do everything within the law.” Willow smiled and Tara smiled back automatically. “But there’s a small problem, Detective Maclay.”

“Which would be…?” Tara prompted.

“The Angel Foundation is growing fast. We, me and my partner Giles, are barely managing to deal with everything. We’re going to need some help.” She shot Tara a pleading look.

“Is this a job offer?” Tara raised a pale eyebrow.

“That too.” Willow nodded.

“’That too’? You mean there’s something else in this?” Tara questioned with a confused look.

Willow locked eyes with Tara, her face a picture of resolve. “Marry me, Tara Maclay.”

Tara just stood there completely speechless, her mouth hanging open. Did she just…? Her eyes were wide as she stared at the redhead and she was sure she looked ridiculous standing there like a gaping fish. Her mouth moved but she didn’t seem to find her words.

At Tara’s apparent lack of response Willow was starting to regret her bold proposal. She was nervous and when she got nervous, she babbled.

“Of course, you may not want to. Hello, it’s been four years, obviously someone as gorgeous as you already got someone else. Why would you want to marry me anyway, I’m not more than an ex-thief who should have been behind bars. This was a stupid, stupid idea and I’m never listening to Giles’ advice again. Just forget what I said and-“ Willow’s babble was abruptly cut off by a pair of warm lips descending on her own.

Willow’s brain ceased functioning the moment of those soft lips touched hers. For a moment she didn’t even respond the kiss, but her instincts quickly kicked into gear and she started moving her lips against Tara’s. At first it was just a caress of lips, a gentle exploration to get reacquainted. But soon it wasn’t enough and tongues came into action. They stood there for like an eternity, tongues intertwined in a dance older than time. It was a familiar sensation, but at the same time everything was so new, so exciting.

Air was finally becoming an issue and regretfully they pulled away from each other, but just barely. They stood there, arms wrapped around each other, lips just inches apart.

“Was that a ‘yes’?” Willow panted, her gaze lost in a sea of sapphire blue.

“That was a ‘hell yeah’.” Tara grinned and pulled Willow into another kiss.

Two Years Later…

Once more the photos exposition was being held to gather money for the institution, now with Willow using her real name. Among the pictures exposed, though, there was a very special one.

In the picture Willow held an eight months old infant snuggly to her chest, a beaming smile on her face as Tara, whose smile was equally wide, hugged her from behind. Beside them was the Summers-Spencer family with all it’s five members: Faith and Buffy’s two children, plus Dawn, who was beside her girlfriend Tori. The Harris family was there too, Anya holding a two-years-old little girl and Xander with his wide goofy grin and a four-years-old girl sitting on his shoulders. William and his wife Drusilla to were present with their newest family member resting comfortably in Dru’s large belly.

They were before a large building and with them were several grinning children wearing pale yellow t-shirts with the Foundation’s logo. Under the picture was a placket that said:

A Happy Family.

The End

Really now.

And that’s the end of Stolen Heart, guys! I’m so happy, but also a bit sad that it had to end. :happycry I’m thinking about writing a new fic, so don’t be surprised if my name pops up on the board again. I hope you all enjoyed reading this one, I know I loved to write it. Let me know what you think.

Farewell! :bigwave

Edited by: Whisper at: 12/2/04 8:59 pm

Post subject: Re:final
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:03 am 
That was great. :luv2 Beautiful ending. Like the way you write. I enjoy this fic very much and I will be very happy to read a new one. I'm sure it will be cool.

Congrats. You're really good

Post subject: Re: Re:final Stolen Heart
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:52 am 
Wow... I loved the way you had them come together at the exposition... Love wins :D . I like the happy family photo at the end !

To you :clap :clap :clap

behindhereyes

Kim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:58 am 
Awww..

Trish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:16 pm 
I loved it you managed to tie up all the loose ends that were left after the last chapter can't wait to see more stories :blush

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:59 pm 
oh gosh :happycry that was the beautifulest story i've ever read. great job. keep up the good work!

amanda