The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rebel with a cause
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:54 pm 
Title: Rebel With a cause

By: AmberAlysonLover

Rating: R soon to be NC17!

Spoilers: None...I dont think anyway

Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all its characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy Inc, and 20th Century Fox. Rebel Without a Cause was written by Stewart Stern and staried the wonderful all American rebel...James Dean ( my man!)

Summary: This is my verison of this great film. It's about Willow and Tara, outcasts and rebels. They met, fall in love and fight to stay together.

Notes: I am a huge James Dean fan. I love this film soooooo much and I though it would be cool if it was about Willow and Tara :) I hope u enjoy

Rebel With a Cause - Written by Stewart Stern and Rebecca Stone

Cast of characters:

Willow's Family:

Willow's Grandmother: A chic, domineering woman in her sixties who has made her son Ira dependent upon her for every breath he takes. She is the irritant in the household--the silent ruler--the silent enemy of Ira's marriage.

Willow's Father: Ira is an unfeathered man who has never been able to have fun. He is anxious to be a real father to Willow, but has never learned how.

Willow's Mother: Tense and immature, Shelia has never loved the husband she married. Upset by the presence of her mother-in-law, mated with an ineffectual and joyless man, she takes out her disappointment on him and on her daugther.

Willow: The angry victim and the result. At seventeen she is filled with confusion about her role in life. Because of her "nowhere" father, she does not know how to be a woman. Because of her wounding mother, she anticipates destruction in all women. And yet she wants to find a girl who will be willing to receive her tenderness.

Tara's Family:

Tara's Father: Donald is a junior partner in a law firm. Because he is frightened by the adolescence of his daughter, Tara, his only recourse is to criticize and bully her.

Tara's Mother: Andrea is the only joy in Tara's life. The woman are close and share everything together, much to Donald's hatred. Tara could never see her life without this strong, caring and beautiful woman.

Tara's Brother: Donny is a 2 years older then Tara. Like his father, Donny enjoy's to pick on his little sister. He loves his father and they always plot together, no one could stand in their way.

Tara: The victim and the result. At seventeen, she is in a panic of frustration regarding her father--needing his love and suffering when it is denied. This forces her to invite the attention of the local bad crowd, which Tara fits in.

Buffy: Daugther of a divided family--an absent father and a traveling mother--she feels himself the target of desertion. At seventeen she wants to find a substitute family for herself so that she need no longer feel cold, and especially a friend who will supply the mothey protection and warmth she needs and cannot find.

Faith: A sado-masochistic girl of seventeen, who acts out aggressively her idea of what a woman should be in order to hide her real sensitivities and needs. She was probably rejected by both parents and must constantly court danger and must constantly court danger in order to achieve any sense of prestige or personal worth.

The Kids:

Xander, Dawn, Spike, Fred, Angel, Gunn and Cordy: They are all searching for recognition in the only way available to them; all suffering from unfulfilled hungers at home; all creating an outside world of chaos in order to bear the chaos they feel inside. They are soldiers in search of an enemy.

Now onto the story..........

We can see the night's sky. All the stars are out, its a cold and damp night. We can also hear the ringing of the church bells. A lonely street full of parked cars. The singing diminishes but a thread of it remains. A car has just parked. The headlights snap off. A man emerges whistling the same melody and pulls some gifts from the front seat. He slams the door and starts down the street in the direction of a house with bright windows. He must pass an empty lot full of rusty grass and litter which lies in darkness between two street lights.

As the man walks by the lot, still whistling, a gang rises silently from the grass, figures who have been lying in concealment until now. They step noiselessly onto the pavement and follow the man. At the sound of their boots the whistling stops.

The man glances behind him and sees the figures walking after him, filling the pavement. A street light shows them to be boys and girls and all quite young. The man moves on more swiftly and the sound of their pursuit increases. He begins to run toward the lighted house and the following steps run too. Suddenly he stops under the next street light and turns to face the figures. They are upon him and around him quickly. Nobody speaks for a moment, then one of the girls grins. Her name is Faith. She is big and filled with an awareness of her own strength and power

Faith ( smiling ): That was pretty what you were whistling. Whistle some more

The man whistles a nervous phrase, trying to make a joke of the situation which he doesn't understand.

Faith: You got a cigarette?

Man: Oh, I think so--

The man fumbles in his pocket, finds a pack and drops it in his nervousness. The gang wait until he picks it up. He offers one to Faith.

Man: They are Filter tips

Faith ( still smiling ): You smoke it. Smoke it, Dad.

Smiling uncertainly, the man puts the cigarette in his mouth. Faith, still smiling, takes out a packet of wooden matches.

Faith ( still happy and smiling ): I'll light it for you, Dad.

Faith ignites a match and holds it near the Man's face for a second, searching it. Then he ignites the whole box under his nose. The man shrieks, and his packages fall. Faith slaps him sharply, her smile gone. Faith places a mechanical monkey which has dropped from its wrappings. It begins to dance madly on the pavement, then runs down.

The feet of the figures scatter past the unmoving monkey. The man was no long gone and then we see a young girl lying on the road. She is quite drunk, and she slips once. This is Willow, a good-looking kid of seventeen with long red hair. The spilled packages on the pavement stop him. She bends down to see what they are and picks up the mechanical monkey from the wreckage. She smiles and winds it up. She sets it on the sidewalk and sits down. She watches it dance for a moment, happily. A siren is heard distantly, growing louder. Willow pays no attention to it as she winds the monkey again and releases it for its dance.

The siren screaming wildly, then dying. The sound of brakes. Camera moves to reveal the police car stopped at the entrance of a Precinct Station. Two officers dismount, bearing between them the struggling Willow. They bear her up the steps and in through the double doors. We see the Reception area. A large open space onto which several corridors converge. In the middle is a Sergeant's desk, really a quadrangular counter in the center of which the Sergeant stands. There are a few glass-walked interviewing rooms which open off the area, and several benches lining the walls. The scene is one of confusion, activity and waiting. Phones ring. The arrested pass in custody of officers. Present among others at Willow's entrance are: Tara, who is blonde and seventeen. She sits on a crowded bench wearing an expression of downcast bitterness. On a bench across the way from her are three remarkably dirty little Mexican children without shoes or socks.

The oldest is a boy of four who is protecting his little sister who in turn mothers an infant crying on the bench beside her. Standing at a corner of the desk is a docile, undersized girl of steventeen named Elizabeth "Buffy" Summers. She is shivering. With him is a large woman, a kinda nanny. Willow comes through the doors and is led to the desk. One of the officers presents a brief report to the Sergeant , who examines it.

Sergeant: Mixed up in that beating on Twelfth Street?

Officer: No. Plain drunkenness.

Sergeant: This says she was picked up there

Officer: They had her on the carpet for an hour at Headquarters. She's clear. Plain drunkenness.

Sergeant: Young squirt. All right--You want to lean her against something? Stand her over there.

The officer leads Willow to Tara's bench and stands her against the wall beside it.

Willow is frisked, a look of prayer on her upturned face. The officer finds the toy monkey in her pocket and would take it, but when Willow asks to keep it, the officer hands it back and moves away. Another officer enters and leads the prisoner who is sitting next to Tara into another room. With that Willow sits beside her. She smiles at her but receives only a chilling look. She winds the monkey up and sets it dancing on the floor, and she is amused. We can see Buffy watching and smiling at the act. She is then joined by a officer, Gene, who seem's worried about the young girl.

Gene: You going to tell me your name now?

Buffy looks away and shakes her head. She doesnt wanna give too much away.

Gene: Listen, kid, I am here to help. Just tell me your name, please?

Buffy: No, bite me!

Gene: Now come on, let's play nice

Gene is now joined by Ray. Ray is another Juvenile Officer, and he wants everyone to get along. He turns to Tara, looking down at her

Ray: Tara--we're ready for you now

Tara ( a mumble ): He hates me

Ray: What?

Tara: He hates me!

She rises. Ray leads her to one of the glass-walled offices. Willow watches them go. She really like's the look of that girl, Tara. That is such a pretty name, Willow thought.

Ray: What makes you think he hates you, Tara?

Tara: I don't think. I know. He looks at me like I'm the ugliest thing in the world. He doesn't like my friends--he--

Ray leads her into the office. Inside small office as Tara comes in, Ray following. He indicates a chair for her while he sits down behind a desk.

Tara: (continuing) He doesn't like anything about me-- he calls me--he calls me--

She starts to cry. She doesn't hide it, but keeps wiping the tears with the palms of her hands.

Ray: He makes you feel pretty unhappy?

Tara: (crying) He calls me a dirty tramp--my own father!

Ray: Do you think your father means that?

Tara: Yes! I don't know! I mean maybe he doesn't mean it but he acts like he does. We're altogether and we're going to celebrate Easter and catch a double bill. Big deal. So I put on my new dress and I came out and he--

Ray: That one?

Tara: Yes--he started yelling for a handkerchief--screaming. He grabbed my face and he rubbed all my lipstick off--he rubbed till I thought I wouldn't have any lips left. And all the time yelling at me--that thing--the thing I told you he called me. Then I ran out of the house.

Ray: Is that why you were wandering around at one o'clock in the morning?

Tara: I was just talking a walk. I tried to call the kids but everybody was out and I couldn't find them. I hate my life. I just hate it.

Ray: You weren't looking for company, were you?

Tara: No

Ray: Did you stop to talk to anyone, Tara? (she is silent) Do you enjoy that?

Tara: No. I don't even know why I do it.

Ray: Do you think you can get back at your Dad that way? I mean sometimes if we can't get as close to somebody as we'd like we have to try making them jealous--so they'll have to pay attention. Did you ever think of that?

Tara: I'll never get close to anybody.

Ray: Some kids stomped a man on Twelfth Street, Tara

Tara:You know where they picked me up! Twelfth Street! I wasn't even near there!

Ray: Would you like to go home if we can arrange it?

(no answer; to WOMAN OFFICER)

Ray: Did you notify the parents?

Woman officer: She wouldn't give me their number.

Ray: What's your number, Tara? We'll see if your Dad will come and get you.

Tara looks up hopefully.

Ray: Unless you really don't want to go home. (silence) Would you rather stay here?

She looks up and speaks very quietly. She knows she cant win this fight

Tara: Sunnydale 05549.

The wail of a siren is heard. Tara looks off through the glass wall toward Willow. The blond really liked the sight of Willow, she was someone different alright. Willow sits with her head back, eyes closed. As the siren mounts louder, Willow opens her mouth and imitates it--a long, forlorn wail. We can see Buffy smiling at Willow's wail. Then Willow is joined by an officer

Officer: Hey!

Willow continues for a moment. She is really enjoying this, and she likes seeing Tara watching her

Officer: Hey! That's enough static out of you.

Willow: Want me to imitate a stupid cop?

Officer: Cut it out now. I'm warning you.

Willow ( grins ): Yes, ma'am.

The officer moves out. The nanny bends over Buffy who is shivering violently.

Nanny: You shivering, Elizabeth? You cold?

Buffy shakes her head. Willow notices her and smiles

Willow: Want my jacket?

Buffy looks up at Willow

Willow: You want my jacket? It's warm.

Buffy wants it but shakes her head "no." Inside the office, Ray and Tara seated as before. Tara is still gazing through the glass.

Ray:Your mother will be down in a few minutes, Tara-

Tara (smiling ) Mama?

Ray: Your mother will be down in a few minutes.

Tara: Thank god...mama loves me

Ray leads Tara out of his office. She cant help but look over to Willow, she really hopes to see more of her soon.

Ray: Your mother is here, good luck Tara

Tara: Thank you

Then we see Tara running into her mother's arms. They hug, smile before walking to their car. Willow slowly watches and waves goodbye to Tara. Then we see Gene, who walks over to where the nanny and Buffy are sitting.

Gene: Elizabeth Summers?

Nanny: Yes, sir.

Gene: Come with me, Elizabeth

Buffy rises and goes with Gene, the nanny following. Willow is alone. She closes her eyes, throws her head back and gives another siren wail. Then from outside we hear a yell

Shelia: WILLOW!

Willow looks up suddenly, scared. Then she smiles mysteriously and staggers to her feet. Willow's parents and grandma framed in the doorway, frozen. They are all dressed in evening clothes. The mother is a very chic but rather hard-faced woman. The father is an unfeathered man. The grandma is the smallest, also very chic and very bright-eyed.

Willow ( smiles at them ): Happy Easter

Shelia: Where were you tonight? They called us at the club and I got the fright of my life!

Willow just rolls her eyes

Ira: Where were you tonight, baby girl?

Still nothing off their daughter. But for some reason, Ira starts to laugh

Willow ( looks mad ): You think this is funny?

Willow turns suddenly and walks to the glass wall of the office behind which Buffy, the nanny and Gene are visible. She looks through the glass partition which separates her from Buffy.

Willow: Why didn't you take my jacket?

Inside office. Willow is seen through the glass. She moves away. Buffy is still shivering, cracking her knuckles.

Gene: Do you know why you shot those puppies, Elizabeth? (silence) Is that what they call you or do you have a nickname?

Buffy: (a murmur) Buffy

Nanny: You talk to the man nice now, hear? He's going to help you.

Buffy: Nobody can help me.

Gene: Can you tell me why you killed the puppies, Buffy?

Buffy: No, sir. I just went next door to look at them like I always do. They were nursing on their mother and I did it. I guess I'm just no good?

Gene: What do you think's going to happen, you do things like that?

Buffy: I needed something to do, someone to love

Gene: Where are your parents?

Buffy: Gone, no more

Other office. Willow, her parents, grandma and Ray are gathered in the small room. Willow is humming to herself as if she had absolutely no interest in what is happening around her. Ray suspects this is something more than mere disinterest, so lets the humming go on, in order to discover its real purpose. Grandma watches everything like a tennis match, reacting with soft little sounds of terror or astonishment or sympathy. No one pays any attention to her. For a moment no one talks. Ray watches Willow as she hums. Then the father shakes his head and looks up.

Ira: I don't see what's so bad about taking a little drink.

Ray: You dont?

Ira: No. I definitely don't. I did the sa--

Ray: She's a minor, Mr. Rosenbreg, and it looks to me like she had more than a little drink.

Ira: Say, listen--

Shelia: (to Willow: in intimate, half-humorous disapproval) Willow--don't hum.

Willow just rolls her eyes at her mother, then away--but continues her humming.

Ira: I guess I cut pretty loose in my day too.

Shelia: Really, Frank? When was that?

Ira: Listen--can't you wait till we get home?

Ray: Whoa! Whoa! I know you're a little upset but--

Ira: Sorry

Ray: What about you, Willow? Got anything to say for yourself?

Willowstops humming and shrugs.

Ray: Not interested, huh?

Willow shakes her head.

Shelia: Can't you answer? What's the matter with you anyhow?

Ira: She's just loaded, honey.

Shelia: I was talking to Willow

Ira: (to RAY) Let me just explain to you--we just moved here, y'understand? The kid has no friends yet and--

Willow: Tell him why we moved here.

Ira: Hold it, Willow.

Willow: You can't protect me.

Ira: (to Willow) You mind if I try? You have to slam the door in my face? (to RAY) I try to get to her--what happens? (to Willow) Don't I give you everything you want? A bicycle--you get a bicycle. A car--

WillowYou buy me many things. Thank you.

Ira: Not just buy! You hear all this talk about not lovely your kids enough. We give you love and affection, don't we?

Silence; Willow is fighting her emotion but her eyes grow wet.

Ira: Then what is it? I can't even touch you anymore but you pull away. I want to understand you. Why'd you get drunk? You must have had a reason.

Willow stares straight ahead, trying not to listen.

Ira: Was it because we went to that party? (silence) You know what kind of drunken brawls those parties turn into-- it's no place for kids.

Shelia: A minute ago you said you didn't care if she drinks.

Grandma: He said a little drink.

Suddey Willow jumps up, kicks her chair hard across the floor

Willow (exploding) You're tearing me apart!

Shelia: What?

Willow: Stop tearing me apart! You say one thing and he says another and then everybody changes back--

Shelia: That's a fine way to behave!

Grandma: (smiling) Well you know who she takes after!

Ray takes Willow's hand, pulls her to his office. He wants some time alone with this young girl.

Ray: Excuse us a minute?

Ira: (very overwrought) Sure. Sure.

Ray: Come on Willow, lets talk

So do u like so far?

Post subject: Re: Rebel with a cause
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:45 pm 
:bigwave AmberAlysonlover :flower ,

Okay I have never see "Rebel Without A Cause". I know I know, bad Grace! :boot :punish But, I love this fic! :clap :bow If the movie is anything like this may have to rent it. I love your stuff. :willow and :tara and the rest seem to be alot different than their norms. I can't wait to see where you take this. :hmm Can't wait to :read more. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

Grace :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

----------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:28 pm 
:wave hey there, nice story do far!! :clap , I can't wait for your update and hopefully the nc-17 goodness you mentioned! :wink :lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:flower ~~**Monkey Luv**~~:flower :dance

Willow:"I'm a breast gal myself...(quieter, to Tara), but then again, you knew that..." :heart :fallen :bounce

Tara:"Until I realized that was her yummy face"

Willow: "There's something between us. It-it wasn't something I was looking for. It's just powerful."

Edited by: Warduke at: 11/3/03 7:35 pm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:58 am 
Hey BlueWillowWitch: So you've never seen Rebel Without a Cause?? Bad bad you ;) like I said I am a huge James Dean fan and I think his work was amazing. I always loved rebels and I thought its about time our girls become some ;)

Hot Monkey Luv 66: I'm gald ur enjoying it :) I am about to update and I will do some more later. I have a new job so it makes it hard to update alot hehe.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:08 am 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all its characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy Inc, and 20th Century Fox. Rebel Without a Cause was written by Stewart Stern and staried the wonderful all American rebel...James Dean ( my man!)

Summary: This is my verison of this great film. It's about Willow and Tara, outcasts and rebels. They met, fall in love and fight to stay together.

Notes: I am a huge James Dean fan. I love this film soooooo much and I though it would be cool if it was about Willow and Tara I hope u enjoy

Rebel With a Cause - Written by Stewart Stern and Rebecca Stone - PART 2

Once alone in Ray's office, Willow sits down and rolls her eyes

Willow: Someone should put poison in her tea

Ray: Grandma?

Willow looks at him, she cant stand the sight of him.

Willow: Get lost!

Ray: Dont get smart with me, little girl

Willow: You men dont really understand woman, do you?

Ray: Big tough character. You don't kid me, pal. I never though you were a butch girl

Suddenly Willow flings herself at Ray who deftly flips her past and drops her near the desk.

Ray: Too bad you didn't connect. You could have gone to Juvenile Hall. That's what you want, isn't it?

Willow: No

Ray: Sure it is. You want to bug us till we have to lock you up. Why?

Willow ( trying to move ): Leave me alone

Ray: No, I wont

Willow: I don't know why--!

Ray: Go on--don't give me that. Someone giving you hard looks?

Willow: I just get so-- (fighting tears) Boy, sometimes the temperature goes way up

Ray (suddenly gentle) Okay. Okay. Let it out.

Willow then begins to cry. Her anger is eating her up

Ray: You feel like you want to hit out right now?

Willow: All the time! I don't know what gets into me--but I keep looking for trouble and I always--I swear you better lock me up. I'm going to smash somebody--I know it.

Ray: Go ahead and Try the desk.

Willow looks at Ray, wondering if he is joking. The look on his face tells her he aint. So Willow smashes her fist against it, letting loose for a moment. Ray watches, then sits near her

Ray: That why you moved from the last town? 'Cause you were in trouble? You can talk about it if you want to--I know about it anyway. Routine check.

Willlow: And they think they are protecting my by moving.

Ray: You were getting a good start in the wrong direction back there. Why did you do it?

Willow: I got into witchcraft and then got into a bad fight

Ray just nods.

Willow (continuing) He called me chicken.

Ray: And your folks didn't understand?

Willow: They never do.

Ray: So then you moved?

Willow: They think I'll make friends if we move. Just move and everything'll be roses and sunshine.

Ray: But you don't think that's a solution.

Willow is silent; she picks at her nails.

RAY (continuing) Things pretty tough for you at home?

Willow She eats him alive and he takes it.

Willow stares at her family through hole in door.

Willow: What a zoo!

Ray: What?

Willow: A zoo. He always wants to be my pal, you know? But how can I give him anything when he's--I mean I love him and I don't want to hurt him--but I don't know what to do anymore except maybe die.

Ray: Pretty mixed up?

Willow If he could--

Ray: "If he could" what? You mean your father?

Willow: I mean if he had the guts to knock Mom cold once I bet she'd be happy and I bet she'd stop picking. They make mush out of him. Just mush. One thing I know is I never want to be like him.

Ray: (interrupts) Chicken?

Willow: I bet you see right through me, don't you?

Ray shrugs. He could tell Willow was cut up

Willow: How can anyone grow up in this circus?

Ray: You got me, Willow--but they do. Want some water?

Willow: (as Ray gets a cup of water from cooler) Boy--if I had one day when I didn't have to be all confused and ashamed of everything--or I felt I belonged some place.

Ray: (giving her water) Here. Look, will you do something for me? If the pot starts boiling again, will you come and see me before you get yourself in a jam? Even if you just want to talk--come in and shoot the breeze. It's easier sometimes than talking to your folks.

Willow: Okay--

Ray: Any time--day or night. You calmed down enough to go back now?

Willow (smiling) You serious?

Ray smiles and opens the door. Once Willow walks out she comes towards her mother and forces herself to kiss her.

Willow: I'm sorry.

Shelia: All right, darling.

She rises and takes her arm. They start out through the door into the hall, followed by Grandma and Ira.

Grandma: (to Ray) This was all very unfortunate, but she made a mistake and she's sorry-- so we're not going to have any more trouble. She's always been a lovely girl--

Willow: Lovely! Grandma--if you tell another lie you're going to turn to stone.

Ray Luck, Willow. Don't forget.

Ira: (offering Ray three cigars) Have some cigars.

Ray No thanks, I don't smoke.

Ira: Go on--Give 'em to your friends.

Ray No--thanks, very much, Mr. Rosenbreg

Shelia: Ira--he doesn't want any.

Willow rolls her eyes and grins at Ray who nods. They all leave. Ray looking after them, shakes his head and lights a cigarette. We see Willow and his family pass through the main door. Waiting to enter, in the custody of some uniformed police, are Faith and the kids we saw at the opening, sullen and truculent. As they march into the lobby and Willow grows smaller in the distance, but that doesnt stop Faith from watching her leave.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:27 am 
Hey there again :wave great update, I haven't seen the movie either, but maybe when the fic is complete I will, don't wanna ruin the ending now do i :wink lol, but yeah, I can't wait for more, and as I said before, the NC-17'y goodness :wink lol:eatme :love Thanks a bunches!! :clap :bigwave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:flower ~~**Monkey Luv**~~:flower :dance

Willow:"I'm a breast gal myself...(quieter, to Tara), but then again, you knew that...":heart :fallen :bounce

Willow: "There's something between us. It-it wasn't something I was looking for. It's just powerful."

Edited by: Warduke at: 11/3/03 7:35 pm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:30 am 

I know, I am aweful for never seeing the movie. :( But I will rent it when I get paid on Wensday. :) I loved the update! :clap :bow Ray was nice. :willow seemed to responded really well to him. :) Can't wait to see what happens when her and :tara and the rest meet up. Can't wait to :read more. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

-----------------------------------------

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:46 pm 

Notes: I am a huge James Dean fan. I love this film soooooo much and I though it would be cool if it was about Willow and Tara I hope u enjoy

Rebel With a Cause - Written by Stewart Stern and Rebecca Stone

PART 3:

It's the very next day, and we see a group of teenagers. One is a boy, Donny, who has left his family house and heading to his car. Then from behind him, Tara runs out, yelling at him

Tara: Donny! Wait up!

Donny stops, looks at her and smiles. He loves to bully her and he enjoyed being the big man. Tara is carrying school books and a bag lunch. She wears a polo coat against the winter wind.

Tara ( yelling ): Donny!

Then from next door, we see Willow watching Tara from her bedroom window. Willow smiles and licks her lips, Tara is a very beautiful woman. She wanted to get to know this girl some more. Then we head back to Tara's yard, Donny has not stopped playing around when Tara joins up with him

Tara ( yelling ): Are you deaf?? Couldnt you hear me yelling??

Donny: I did but I didnt care

Tara: One day you will have to grow up

Donny ( lifts his hand up ): Do you want a slap??

Tara: Breakfast is ready, so coming in??

Donny nods and runs back into the house. Then Tara looks up and see's Willow looking down at her. Willow waves but Tara turns her back and heads back in doors. Then we see Willow pout and then she heads to breakfast herself. Shelia is just settling a plate of eggs at Willow's place. Ira is seated, drinking coffee and looking at the newspaper. Grandma comes in from kitchen. Willow is neatly dressed in a white shirt, black jeans and a long leather coat.

Shelia: Sit down and eat--you'll be late.

Willow: (approaching table) It'd stick in my throat, Mom. I'm nervous or something--

Grandma: It's a wonder we don't all have TB or some other terrible disease after living in all those smokey cities!

Shelia: Well, drink your milk anyhow.

Grandma: (muttering) There aren't so many factories here.

Ira: Mother--

Willow: (still standing; she drinks) You make any sandwiches?

Ira: My first day of school, mother'd make me eat and by golly I could never even swallow till recess--

Shelia: (bringing bag of lunch from buffet) There's nothing to be nervous about. Here's peanut butter and meat loaf--

Willow makes a mouth-stuck-together-with-peanut-butter sound.

Grandma: What did I tell you? Peanut butter!

Shelia: Well, there's a thermos of orange juice and some apple-sauce cake in the wax paper to wash it down.

Grandma: I baked that!

Willow (kisses her cheek) 'Bye, Mom.

Shelia: Goodbye, dear.

Ira: (rising) So long, baby girl. Knock 'em dead, like your old man used to!

Willow: Sure-- (gets to door and turns) You know something? I have a feeling we're going to stay here.

Ira: And listen--watch out about the pals you choose--Know what I mean? Don't let them choose you--

But Willow didnt hear him say that. She headed outside, into the cold morning. Once she is outside, she hears Tara yell out

Tara: Donny, stop pulling my hair!

Willow wishes she could put that Donny in his place. Willow think's Tara is too sweet to get hurt like that. So Willow stands there, waiting for Tara to come out. Then she walks outside and heads to the gate.

Willow: Hey!

Tara glances at her briefly, but continues. Willow follows a few yards, but on her side of the alley.

Willow: (continuing) Hey, didn't I see you before some place?

Tara ignores her, but something self-conscious happens to her walk. Willow runs across the alley. Tara stops as Willow enters her space

Willow: Hi. I saw you before.

Tara: Bully for you.

Willow: You don't have to be unfriendly.

Tara: Now that's true!

Willow: (smiling) See?

Tara: "Life is crushing in on me."

Willow: (smiling) "Life can be beautiful." Hey, I know where it was.

Tara: Where what was.

Willow: Where I saw you. (no answer) Everything going okay now? (no answer) You live around here?

Tara: (relieved) Who lives?

Willow: See, I'm new. I'm Willow

Tara: It's nice to meet you Willow, I'm Tara

Willow: Thats a pretty cute name

Tara drops her head, she has gone bright red.

Willow: (continuing) Where's Sunnydale High School?

Tara: You going there?

Willow: Yeah--can we walk together?

Tara: You wish

Willow: (defensively) Yeah. So where's the high school?

Tara: (softer) University and 10th--Want to carry my books?

An auto horn, stuck, in the distance.

Willow: I was just getting my car. I could take you.

The horn approaches, loud.

Tara: The kids take me.

Willow ( looks sad ): Oh.

We see Willow and Tara watchin as the car, horn blowing, wheels into view above them and comes careening into the alley. Tara sees it and moves a step away from Willow

Tara: Your a sweetie, Willow

Willow ( smiles ): I am??

Tara: (yelling over horn) Goodbye! See you!

Willow: (yelling) It's lovely to meet you, Tara

Tara is moving toward the car. The Car full of kids as it comes to a jolting stop near Tara. The boys wear suede coats, leather jackets, black peggers, boots. Their clothing is not uniform--it is the air they assume which is uniform: swaggering, self- conscious, piratical. Someone is always combing his hair. The driver is Faith, whom we recognize as the leader of the stomp gang we met on Easter. She wears a leather jacket. With her are Spike, a slight bespectacled lad; Gunn, Faith's first lieutenant; Fred, a hanger-on; Xander, a character; a girls Cordy and Angel kids are screaming as Faith jams on the brakes. Tara comes forward. Willow hangs back.

Faith: TARA!

Tara comes to them quickly, smiling.

Tara: Hey, big boss girl

Faith: Wanna make the colored lights go around and around?

Tara and Faith hug tighty. Poor old Willow goes for her car.

Faith: (looks after Willow then at Tara) What's that?

Tara: Willow, a little tree

Faith: (a little suspicious) Friend of yours?

Tara: I'm glad they let you out.

Faith: Nobody chickened.

Tara: I heard about it. You're lucky he lived.

Faith ( smug) They always live.

During this Willow has gotten her car and has driven up.

Willow: Where's University and 10th?

Tara: (pointing right) That way!

Spike: (pointing left) That way!

Faith: (pointing up) That way!

Simultaneously, the kids laugh wildly. The radio blares. Tara lays her head back on the cat seat and they drive off. Willow looks on while wishing she could get that close to the blond.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:50 pm 
:wave Hey again! , I really like this fic!:clap i can't tell you enough... :bow As i said, I haven't seen the movie, but when the convo is :
Quote:
Willow: Yeah--can we walk together? Tara: You wish
, was Tar bein mean? or was she like, flirting? just wondering... and I :love the line:
Quote:
Willow looks on while wishing she could get that close to the blond.
, I could so relate to that a few months ago, but my names not Willow, but she was a blonde! lol...:heart :bigwave

:flower ~~**Monkey Luv**~~ :flower :dance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow:"I'm a breast gal myself...(quieter, to Tara), but then again, you knew that..." :heart :fallen :bounce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:30 pm 

I love this fic! :clap :bow Okay what is up with :tara ? She is being mean to :willow ! Can't wait to :read more and see what happens next. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:16 pm 
Monkey Luv: Tara was being mean, but really she likes Willow. Yet her friendship with Faith stops her from showing it. It will get better soon :)

BluewitchWillow: The next update gets meaner with a fight and then in the next one....someone dies! I'll give u a clue their name begans with an F ;)

The good loving will come very soon ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:31 pm 

Rebel With a Cause - Written by Stewart Stern and Rebecca Stone - PART 4:

PART 4:

We can now see a road and two sets of wheels. We can see Buffy riding on her scooter while playing her walkman. She pulls up outside ' Sunnydale High School ' and parks her scooter. Then we can see Willow pulling up, parking her car and slowly getting out. She takes a look around and licks her dry lips. She looks across and see's Tara, Faith and the gang pull up. They jump out of the car and walks into the school yard, looking tough and rough. From behind them, Buffy runs in followed by Willow. She has no idea where to go.

Willow: Hi--can you tell we where I go? I'm just starting here.

Montior: (pointing at brassard) Mr. Bassett's office--203. He'll tell you where your home room is--

Willow: Thanks a lot.

She walks off to the room. She wonders what is gonna happen. We can see Buffy at her locker, picking up her books. Willow walks down and then comes across Tara and her pals. They are sneaking a smoke, passing the cigarette from one cupped hand to another. As Willow comes near, Tara sees her. So do the others. They fold their arms across their chests and whistle "Loser" - all but Tara. She really likes this girl. Willow shakes her head and then she walks into Buffy

Willow: God, I am so sorry.

Buffy: It's fine. I'm Buffy, whats your name?

Willow: I'm Willow, it's nice to meet you

Buffy: Thanks, need help?

Willow: That would be great, let's go

They both walk down the hall. They then come across and read the notice board

Insert: Bulletin board, "Attention All Juniors and Seniors"-- Planetarium field trip--2 pm--Sharp!"

Willow: Shall we go??

Buffy: Sure, why not?

Willow: Nice one, so lets go

Willow pulled her new friend out of the school. They ran to her car and drove off like bats out of hell. We now see a Planetarium. Willow is driving around the back and parks her car, then she lets Buffy out. The girls walk into the main hall, its in total darkness. This is not our sky. It is a replica of it projected onto the dome of the Planetarium. The stars slide their tentative ways in an ever-changing pattern. One of them is much larger than the rest and increases in size as we watch. Music of the spheres is heard--a high threatening tremolo.

Lecturer: For many days before the end of our earth people will look into the night sky and notice a star, increasingly bright and increasingly near.

Willow looks around for a seat and passes down aisle. Seen beyond him is the projector, moving slowly, its great dumb- bell head sparkling with pin-points of light. Willow takes a seat in front row. Buffy had the row , behind her, moves over a seat to be nearer. They exchange looks.

Lecturer: As this star approaches us, the weather will change. The great polar fields of the north and south will rot and divide, and the seas will turn warmer.

Willow becomes more exicted about this. She really likes to learn and have fun, and she hopes Tara is gonna be there

Lecturer: The last of us search the heavens and stand amazed. For the stars will still be there, moving through their ancient rhythms. The familiar constellations that illuminate our night will seem as they have always seemed, eternal, unchanged and little moved by the shortness of time between our planet's birth and its demise.

Willow is seated in the row ahead of Buffy. Her lips are parted as she looks up.

Willow: Boy!

Buffy: (leaning forward) What?

Willow: (surprised) Once you been up there, you know you been some place!

Then Willow looks back and see's Tara and Faith. They seem bored as hell, they are throwing paper around. Faith pokes Tara who looks at her. She curves her wrist toward her, opening and closing her first two fingers like the pincers of a crab.

Faith: Ooooh say hello to miss crabby

Tara starts to laugh and gives her friend a slap on the arm. Seen from Tara's angle. Willow turns at the sound of the laughter, and smiles.

Lecturer: Taurus, the Bull.

Willow: (in good imitation) Moo!

She waits for approval. Tara, Faith and group are staring at her. Nobody laughs.

Spike: (flat) Yeah, moo.

Faith: Moo. That's real cute. Moo.

Fred: Hey, she's real rough--

Spike: I bet she fights with cows.

Faith: Moo.

They turn from him. Willow withers and looks front. Tara smiles a little and looks away so the others cannot notice her amusement. Buffy moved closer and touched Willow's arm, lighter at first then harder. Willow turns to look at her

Willow: What?

Buffy: Dont mess with them, Willow

Willow: Why not?

Buffy: They are tough and rough. Just back off and forget about the blond girl

Willow: I can handle myself

Buffy: They arent the best people to be friends with

Willow ( sulks ): I dont want friends

Willow turns back, unhappy at having revealed herself. Tara, Faith, and their gang whispering among themselves and pointing at Willow, who looks up and notices. She is getting uncomfortable.

Lecturer: And while the flash of our beginning has not yet traveled the light years into distance--

We now see The dome. The star rushes nearer, looming larger and larger.

Lecturer: Has not yet been seen by planets deep within the other galaxies, we will disappear into the blackness of the space from which we came.

Willow and Buffy staring upward, cringing back into their seats as the light on their faces increases. The heavens grow brighter as the star plummets near.

Lecturer: Destroyed as we began in a burst of gas and fire. The sky is blasted by a wild flash of light.

Music reaches explosion. The stars appear again. Faces of normal kids watching seriously--very impressed.

Lecturer: (continuing) The heavens are still and cold once more. In all the complexity of our universe and the galaxies beyond, the Earth will not be missed.

Willow and Buffy looking up.

Lecturer: Through the infinite reaches of space, the problems of Man seem trivial and naive indeed. And Man, existing alone, seems to be an episode of little consequences.

Buffy ducks her head down on the back of Willow's chair. Willow looks over at him.

Lecturer: That's all. Thank you very much.

The lights go on. The rustle and confusion of kids stretching after sitting too long. Scattered applause. Willow rises and ruffles Buffy's hair.

Willow: Hey, it's over. The world ended.

Buffy looks up at her. No life in her eyes what so ever

Buffy: What does he know about Man alone?

We now see a teacher rising. She stares around at the bustling students and claps her hands sharply, but the noise is barely heard above the tumult.

TEACHER (shrill) May I have your attention? May I please have your attention? Classes will meet at the busses outside. May I have your attention? (to herself) The heck with it.

We now see the parking lot. The buses are filled up, and Willow with Buffy head back to their car. But on the way, they are stopped by a male teacher.

Teacher: Elizabeth, where you going?

Willow: She's coming back with me, is that alright with you?

The teacher nods and walks away. Willow looks back and see's Tara with her gang. Once everyone is gone, all that is left is Buffy and Faith's cars. Buffy is scared that something would happen. Then Faith looks at Buffy, and grins

Faith ( rubs her hands over her body ): You want a little bit of me??

Buffy runs behind Willow. Willow looks around and see's Faith pulling a switch-knife from her pocket and pops the long blade open. Tara stares at it, then looks up at Faith apprehensively. Fred sits down on the bumper and lights a cigarette. Willow watches Faith and then bring out a cigarette and smokes it.

Willow: It's fine, Buffy. They wont hurt us

Buffy: Dont be so sure. Listen, I told you not to fool with them. Now they're waiting for you

Willow: I can see that

Buffy: Are you scared?

Willow: I just dont want any trouble

Buffy ( more worried ): But she has a knife!

Willow: I'll handle it

Buffy: I know a place we can do to, a old house

Willow: Lets go then

They start to walk off, leaving the gang behind them.

Fred: Loser

They all start to laugh. The kids scatter along the wall at the foot of the balcony stairs. Faith goes to Willow's car, knife in hand, and stands silently. Willow stops walking and looks back to Faith. Without warning, Faith suddenly bends down and slashes Willow's tire. Faith straightens and smiles at Tara. Willow inhaling sharply in shock and suppressed. Willow turns and moves toward group. She stops, looks from one to the other and smiles nervously. Then she looks straight at Faith.

Willow: (wearily) You know something?

Faith: What?

Willow: (reproachfully) You watch too much television.

Faith moves on top of the wall, her gang move closer and gang around

Faith: Hey, she's real abstract and different.

Willow: I'm cute, too.

Suddenly Angel starts clucking softly like a chicken. One by one the others pick it up. Faith, the last, crows. Silence. This really rips Willow up, she looks at Angel

Willow: Meaning me?

Willow: Chicken?

The group gives a quick, short laugh. Slowly Willow takes off her glasses, smiles. Shakes her head disapprovingly.

Willow: You shouldn't call me that.

Buffy starts move backwards. She didnt want to be in the thick of it

Faith and Tara are watching Willow. Willow walks right up to close Faith's face. She looks up at tara. We close in until we are tight on the three. The heads are nearly touching.

Willow (softly to Tara) You always at ringside? You always travel in this rank company?

Faith clutches Willow's hair and jerks her head up. She cracks Willow smartly across the face with the palm of her hand. Tara backs off once Faith hits Willow, she didnt want this girl to get hurt. Tara knew she had found a real person to be with, at last. Willow tears free and comes at Faith, slugging. But Faith, with a laugh, leaps onto the parapet and turns, the knife in her hand again. Willow stops short. The group and Buffy move in around him.

Willow: I thought only punks fought with knives.

Faith: Who's fighting? This is the test, man. It's a crazy game.

We now see Fred, who is smiling like mad. She puts her arms around Tara and hugs her

Fred: Let's get to the fight!

Faith: Get Red a knife, will ya

Fred throws in a knife, Willow doesnt pick it up. She is too scared. This wasnt a good start in her book.

Faith: You know the action? No cutting. Just sticking--jab real cool.

Then Faith hops from the parapet. They begin stalking each other. Faith slides her knife from hand to hand trying to hypnotize Willow. Suddenly she pokes out and pricks Willow's shirt. The group sighs "Ole!" Willow makes no effort at self-defense. Silence. Faith pricks Willow again, "Ole!"

Faith (as ahe maneuvers) What you waiting on, Red? I thought you wanted some action!

Willowcuts out half-heartedly.

Faith: Big brave bull. Hah! Toro! Hah! Hah!

Fred: Moo!

Faith: Come on--Fascinate us. Impress us. What's happening? Let's go!

Willow: I don't want trouble.

Faith: (furious suddenly) You crud chicken! You're wasting our time!

Faith viciously slaps Willow across the face. Willow lashes out and misses. Faith hops back.

Faith: Yeah--that's pretty close. How about a little closer, Red? Cut off a button and you get to join the club!

Willow is covered with sweat and about to drop. She is getting the worst of it, still refusing to defend herself. Buffy is still watching, scared for her new friend. So she grabs something and runs into the fight. Buffy's eyes are wild, she is holding a chain in her hand

Fred ( panics ): Faith....watch out! She's got a chain!

Faith: (smiling as she sees Buffy) Hey! Chicken Little!

Faith trips Buffy quickly and kicks her while she's down. Fred grabs the chain and throws it to the side.

Willow: All right--you want it, you got it!

Suddenly Willow transforms. She bores forward expertly--pricks Faith again and again. Cries of Ole greet her. Faith is surprised. She never knew Willow had it in her. Then Tara and Fred see some teachers running to them.

Fred: Let's go, Boss

Faith: Let them see us

Yet she folds up her knife and puts it away. So does Willow.

Willow: You satisfied or you want more?

Faith: How 'bout you? Say the word and you're cold, Jack--you're dead.

Tara: Faith--we better get out of here.

Faith: What's eating you, Tara? You want Red alive?

Willow: Where can we meet?

Faith: Know the Millertown bluff?

Angel: The bluff, Faith! That's dangerous up there.

Faith: Draw her a picture, Chicken Little. Eight o'clock. Fred, you call Xander and get a couple cars. We're going to have us some real kicks. Little chickie-run. You been on chickie-runs before?

Willow: Sure--that's all I do.

The teacher bursts in among them.

Teacher: All right--all of you--start moving!

Tara: You mean l'il ol' us? What's the matter with the nice man?

Teacher: Dont be rude

Faith: Why'nt you go suck on something sweet?

Teacher: You think you're tough? I got a daughter twice your size and I can still handle her

Teacher: You think you own the world!

Angel: The world is round!

Cordy: The world is flat!

Fred: All the world's a stage!

There is wild laughter from the kids as they close around the teacher and start edging him away, up the steps toward the Planetarium balcony.

Gang: The world goes round the sun! Goodbye proud world! I got the world on a string! The world's my oyster! Hey! A fish-eater! Brain food. They are gone.

The teacher looks after them then comes to Willow. She looks down at her shirt. There are spots of blood. Buffy opens it, spits on a handkerchief and starts to wipe the blood away.

Teacher: (smiling wanly, to Willow) Sometimes the world is too much with us, isn't it, girl? What was the disturbance?

Willow: Nothing.

Teacher: You're bleeding. Are you all right?

Willow: I scratched my mosquito bites. I'm fine.

The Teacher hesitates. He knows that the girl is lying

Willow: I'm fine--thanks!

The teacher nods and goes. Willow then impatiently closes her shirt.

Buffy: Are you really going to meet them?

Willow: Who knows. Buffy?

Buffy: What?

Willow: What's a chickie-run?

Buffy laughs and shakes her head. She knew that Willow had alot to learn before tonite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:36 am 

I love the update! :clap :bow So let me get this straight. :willow likes :tara but hates the kids she hangs with. :glasses :tara likes :willow but her gang doesn't so she can't. :eyebrow I have a guess for who dies. :wink It has to be Faith or Fred and I doubt you'll kill Faith that is more of a rehabilation thing. :whistle So Fred dies? :hmm Can't wait to :read more. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:46 am 

Rebel With a Cause - Written by Stewart Stern and Rebecca Stone - PART 5:

We now see Willow's home. A single light is burning. Willow steals in from the kitchen, peers cautiously into the living room, then starts up the stairs. A crash is heard above. Willow stops, undecided whether to go or stay, then moves quickly up the stairs, no longer trying to be quiet. She slowly walks upstairs and see's someone on their hands and knees, mopping something off the rug. They are wearign an wearing an apron.

Willow: Mom?

The figure straightens and turns around, smiling. It is Ira.. He is neatly dressed in his business suit but wears a Mary Petty apron.

Ira: Hiya, Willow

Willow leans against the wall, shaking her head and trying not to laugh. Ira starts to laugh unhappily, trying to make it all seem a joke.

Ira: You thought I was Mom?

Willow: Yeah!

Ira: It's just this get-up. The girl's out and I was bringing Mom's supper.

Willow: (giggling) And you dropped it?

Ira: (laughing too) Yeah! Shh!

Willow: That's funny!

Ira: I better clean this up before she sees it.

He starts dabbing among the spilled dishes with a wet cloth. Willow watches him. She longed for her mother to see this

Willow: Let her see. What could happen.

But Ira continues dabbing. He knew he had to clean it up

Willow: Dad--

Ira looks up at her.

Willow: Dad--don't. Don't.

Willow touches Ira's elbow, bringing him to his feet. They look at each other a moment then Willow goes to her bedroom. Ira sighs and goes back to mopping up the mess. Inside Willow's room she shuts the door and throws herself miserably on her bed. She writhes as if the pain she feels were physical. Outside, radios are heard in the night--tuned to different stations. She feels under her jacket and holds up her hand to the moonlight. There is blood on it. She reaches up and takes her alarm clock and glides to her window and holds over the rooftops.

Now we see Tara. She is sitting outside, with her radio playing. She is looking at Willow's window and hopin she was ok. Then she hears the backdoor opening.

Donald: Tara, dinner's ready

She nods but keeps looking up at the moon. Donald wants to know what she is thinking about

Donald: What are you wishing for, Tara?

Tara: I am just looking at the moon

We see him now as a tall and handsome man. There is something boyish and appealing about him.

Donald: (singing lightly) "Man in the Moon, how came you there-- Up in the sky where you are shining-- Floating so high in the frosty air--? Oh, say--Man in the Moon!"--

Tara comes forward, stands below him on the step. Her look is adoring.

Tara: (astonished) How did you know that?

Donald: We used to sing it in school. (smiles) Don't look at me with such horror. They had schools in those days.

Tara: But the same song. I think it's fantastic!

Donald: We were romantic then too--

Tara: Are you and Mom home tonight?

Donald: No. Why?

Tara: Nothing, only it'd be nice to spend an evening together for a change.

Donald: With us old creeps? Come on, we have to eat.

Tara:( rising) Daddy--

He looks at her.

Tara: Good evening.

Donald: Hi.

He turns away and goes into the house. She hesitates and then follows. Something in the moods has changed. He has neglected to hold the door for her. In the Dining room, Donald takes the lead chair on the table, Tara walks in and looks at him.

Tara: (quietly, afraid) Didn't you forget something?

Donald: What?

Tara doesn't answer, but leans down and kisses him quickly on the lips.

Donald: (continuing; shocked) What's the matter with you?

Tara freezes, frightened. He collects himself a little.

Donald: (continuing) You're too old for that kind of stuff, kiddo. I thought you stopped doing that long ago.

Tara (very hurt) I didn't want to stop.

The mother enters briskly from another part of the house--an attractive, brittle woman of thirty-five.

Andrea: Didn't want to stop what?

Donald: Nothing.

Tara: I was talking to Dad.

Donald: I didn't kiss her so it's a big thing.

Andrea: (calling to kitchen) Bertha! You can serve the souffle! (to Donald ) Fish souffle. (to Tara) You don't have to stand there, darling. Drink your tomato juice.

Tara slides into her chair reluctantly and unfolds her napkin.

Tara: I guess I just don't understand anything.

Donald: I'm tired, Tara. I'd like to change the subject.

Tara: Why?

Donald: I'd like to, that's all. Girls your age don't do that. You need an explanation?

Tara: (very low) Girls don't love their father? Since when? Since I got to be steventeen?

She half-rises to kiss him again.

Donald: Stop it now! Sit down!

Suddenly Donald slaps her. Even as he does it he is as stunned as tara. Andrea stops eating. She has never seen such a display and is shocked. He tries to control himself by buttering a piece of bread. There is a terrible silence into which Donny enters in his pajamas. He runs to Donalds chair, then halts--looking from face to face. He puts an arm around him, hugs him almost savagely.

Donald: (thickly) Hi, rascal.

Donny: (hushed) Hi.

Tara rises, weeping.

Tara May I please be excused?

She starts out. Donald rises and follows after her.

Donald: (softly) Hey, hey, Glamorpuss. I'm sorry.

She leaves the room, interrupting the joke he was going to make. He turns back to the table and sits down. Then Andrea rises and comes to him.

Donald: (continuing) I don't know what to do. All of a sudden she's a problem.

The mother stands behind his chair. She tips his head back against her body and kneads his neck and shoulders.

Andrea: Next time DONT hit my daugther! You will reget it!

Donny: She asked for it!

The door slams.

Andrea: Donny, shut up!

Now we are inside Willow's room. We see her lying on her bed as before. Her eyes are open. The alarm clock goes off. Willow starts as if shot, then stops the wild ringing. The time is seven- forty-five. She makes no move to leave the bed. There is a light tap on the door, then it opens and Ira is there, seen in light from the hall and still wearing the apron.

Ira: You awake?

Willow: Yes.

Ira: Listen--I took a steak out of the freezer. I thought we could have a real old-fashioned stag party--just the two of us, what do you say?

Willow: I'm not hungry.

Then Ira turns away.

Willow Hey--I want to ask you something.

Ira: (happily) Shoot, baby girl

Willow: Suppose you knew that you had to do something very dangerous--where you have to prove something you need to know--a question of honor. Would you do it?

Ira: (laughing) Is there some kind of trick answer?

Willow: What would you do, Dad?

Ira: (evading) I wouldn't do anything hasty. Let's get a little light on the subject.

Then Ira turns on the light and looks at Willow who is now sitting on the edge of the bed. She removes her jacket and the bloody shirt is revealed. Ira looks and cant believe their is blood, her blood on it.

Ira: How'd that happen! What kind of trouble you in?

Willow: The kind we've been talking about. Can you answer me now?

Ira: Listen--nobody should make a snap decision--This isn't something you just--we ought to consider all the pros and cons--

Willow: We don't have time!

Ira: We'll make time. Where's some paper. We'll make a list and if we're still stuck then we ought to get some advice--

He goes out, to the study next door. Willow rises and goes after him

Willow: What can you do when you have to be a woman?

Ira: Well, now--

Willow: Just give me a direct answer! (pause) You going to stop me from going, Dad?

Ira: You know I never stop you from anything. Believe me--you're at a wonderful age. In ten years you'll look back on this and wish you were a kid again.

Willow: Ten years? Now, Dad--I need an answer now!

ira: I just want to show you how foolish you are. When you're older you'll laugh at yourself for thinking this is so important--

During this, Willow has kicked off her shoes and put on his boots and jacket and goes out. Living room featuring stairs. Willow comes running down the stairs and out the kitchen door.

Ira ( from the bedroom ) Will? Will you listen? You can't go out till we--WILLOW!

Then Ira comes down the stairs, goes to the front door and calls:

Ira: Willow! Willow!

He goes to kitchen door, calls again, gets no answer, comes back into the living room, sees he is still wearing the apron. He rips it off and throws it down--then starts for the stairs.

The Plateau. Moonlight. Wind shrieks over the exposed plateau, which is several hundred yards long. It cuts into the darkness like the prow of a ship and ends in empty air. A dozen cars are scattered about, defining a sort of runway in the center. There are twenty kids present, but very little talk. Most of them belong to Faith's group but there are a few whom we have not met before. They stand in small clots, murmuring and smoking. The atmosphere is strung tightly, like the moments before a dawn attack. Their cars are parked and ready.

We see Xander, a boy in a leather jacket and cheap yachting cap stands guard between the cars, his back to us. His hands are on his hips. His legs are spread. Some girls drift in.

Then we see Buffy. She wanders through the crowd searching for Willow. She passes Faiths' car where Faith, Tara and the rest are eating hamburgers. They have all changed into fighting wardrobe.

Faith: (calling out) Hey, Chicken-Little.

Buffy stops walking and looks at her.

Faith: Where's Red? Has she become a even bigger chicken?

Buffy: She's not scared of you.

Faith: (laughing) Yeah? (to Angel) Angel! You seen that adolescent type anywheres?

Angel: She won't show.

Spike: Well, you going to wait all night? I'm getting nervous, man! We got to do something! Fred: (looking off) Hey, Faith!

Fred: Over there

Faith snaps on the spotlight again and swings it off. We see Willow's car as Willow gets out and Buffy runs to her.

Willow: How'd you get here?

Buffy: I hitched.

Willow: Boy, I bet you'd go to a hanging.

Buffy: My personality's showing again. Should I leave?

Willow: No. It's okay.

Faith walks over to the friends.

Faith: Come on. Let's see what we're driving.

Willow gets out; while Buffy starts to follow.

Faith: Just her

Willow: Stay there.

The two girls move away. Buffy looks after them, hurt, then goes to side of Tara and stands. Willow and Faith as they come forward.

Faith: What you say your name was?

Willow: I didnt, it's Willow

Faith: I'm Faith

Willow: Hi

Faith: I'm gald to meet you

They shake hands briefly as they walk. They come to Xander and stop.

Xander: Got some goodies for you, enjoy

Faith: Give me a light

Xander produces one and hands it to Faith who goes to one of the guarded cars, motioning Willow to come, too. Then we see Faith, Willow and Xander looking into the cars

Faith: Looks good.

Xander: Clean as a whistle. They both got plenty breeze.

Faith: Look good to you?

Willow: Sure. It's fine.

Faith: Okay.

She closes the hood. Group moves across to other car. We now see Tara and Buffy, standing and watching. The other kids are behind them. Tara looks to see that their attention isn't on her, then speaks quietly to Buffy.

Tara: Is she your friend?

Buffy: Yes. My best friend.

Willow: What's she like?

Buffy: Oh, I don't know. You have to get to know her. She doesn't say much but when she does you know she means it. She's sincere.

Tara: Well, that's the main thing--don't you think so?

Buffy: Maybe next summer she's going to take me hunting with her--and fishing. I want her to teach me how and I bet she won't get mad if I goof. Her name's Willow. She is dead cool and really likes you

Tara: What?? Emmm Want to finish my hamburger? I only took a bite.

Buffy: Okay

Now both Faith and Willow are in their cars. They are getting ready for the big ride. Both girls are gunning their engines, listening critically. Willow lets her idle. Then Tara, Angel, Spike, Xander and Fred all walk over, they want to see this happen.

Faith: Better try the doors. Jump out.

Willow opens her door slowly

Faith: No--quick, man! You got to break quick.

Willow shuts her door and tries again. So does Faith . Then both boys walk forward to the edge. Neither says a word. Faith puts her hand on Willow's shoulder.

Under them the plateau falls steeply away in a sheer drop of a hundred feet to the ocean below. Willow and Faith are looking down. She is beginning to perspire. Willow lights a cigarette. Without taking her hand from Willow's shoulder, Faith borrows the cigarette from her lips, takes a drag and hands it back. Willow takes another puff then tosses it into the abyss.

Faith: (quietly) This is the edge, Red. This is the end.

Willow: Yeah I can tell

Faith: I like you, you know?

Willow: Faith? What are we doing this for?

Faith: (still quiet) We got to do something. Don't we?

Willow and Faith appear to be two close friends. Suddenly they break and go, without speaking further, to their cars. They back up to the opposite end of the plateau, headlights dark. Buffy follows them with her gaze. Then Fred and the others all watch and smile, this was gonna be alot of fun. Tara walks to Faith's car and looks at her

Tara: Feel okay?

Faith: Give me some dirt.

She bends out of sight for a moment as Faith goes on talking, then hands her the dirt. She rubs it into her palms.

Faith: Hey, Red! She signals. We head for the edge. The first girl who jumps--chicken!

Tara giggles and smiles

Faith: What's happening?

Tara: Good luck, Faithy

She walks away and then looks over to Willow

Willow: (calling softly) Tara

Tara looks and walks slowly to Willow's car

Willow: Do I get a kiss??

Tara: Close your eyes and what do you see?

Willow: Nothing, ok I'll have some dirt.

She looks at her a moment then bends and hands her some dirt. Their heads touch for an instant.

Willow: Thank you, blue eyes

She breaks the look and hurries away. She really likes Willow, which is kinda bad

Tara walks inbewteen the cars. She stops walking and faces them.

Faith: Hit your lights!

Suddenly the headlights of all the cars come on full. Tara is still standing there, waiting for her call. Behind her we see the other kids filing out of their cars, hurrying toward the edge of the bluff. The sound of the two motors revving then dying and revving again. Inside Willow's car, she grips the wheel firmly, relaxes her hands to rub her palms together and crack her knuckles. Willow grips the wheel again. Steps on the accelerator, winding her engine into a roar. She lets up, looks tensely at Faith. Her chin juts forward. She lets go of the wheel, starts to comb her hair.

Now we see Tara, who has raised her hands over her head. We see Willow sweating it out. She leans forward, squinting, ready. In the other car, Faith puts her comb between her teeth and clamps it hard. She settles herself for the run.

The cars are in close, seen from the rear. Tara is a small distant figure, arms stretched high. The exhaust blasts. Now she drops her arms. The cars leap ahead. She whirls to see the cars snap by, then begins running up the center of the plateau between the lines of spectators.

As they approach, gaining speed, and thunder over hill top. Inside Willow's car, she is tense. Inside Faith's car, Her hands hard on the wheel. The comb is still between her teeth. She begins edging toward the door on her left. Tara is still watching, biting her nails. Meanwhile Buffy is watching, looking like she was gonna be sick.

Inside Willow's car, she edges to his left. She is driving with one hand. She opens the door, gets set for her jump. Inside Faith's car, she reaches for the door handle and misses. As she raises her arm to reach again, the strap of her windbreaker sleeve slips over the handle. She looks down in panic, then back at the drop ahead. She tugs but cannot get the sleeve loose.

Now Tara and Buffy are watching, worried someone was gonna get hurt. It didnt look good.

Inside Willow's car, her face is soaked. She looks once toward Faith--then ahead. Her eyes widen in fear. She shoves left and flings herself forward, and out. Outside Willows car, she falls onto her back and rolls for a small while. But now she can tell that Faith wont come out. Inside Faith's car, Faith leans way forward now. She seems to rise in her seat. Her mouth opens and the comb falls out. All the spectators staring in disbelief. Suddenly a youth ducks his face into the neck of his girlfriend so he cannot see. At the same instant--

Gang: Holy shit!

They all run over to the egde. They watch Faith's car fall fast. The car soars through the night, the vehicle of a terrible journey. We now see Faith's face, the surprise has gone. She rides lightly on the thrill of her last moment--then suddenly, her face twists in a spasm of protest and loss.

The kids staring at her flight. But still Willow unaware of the disaster--glad she made it. She looks up and see's everyone esle looking worried and scared. Then she takes a look and see's Faith's car flying to the ground. Then we see Both cars plunge into the ocean below. Now Willow is at edge of bluff. She is pushing through spectators.

Willow: (a harsh whisper) Where's Faith! Where's Faith!

Then Buffy working her way through the crowd.

Buffy: (calling) Willow!        Willow!

Fred looks up as she hears Willow's repeated cry. Willow enters behind her, continuing blindly on her way.

Fred: (tight fury) Down there! Down there is Faith!

Willow looks over the edge.

Willow is seen between legs of hurrying kids. The sirens and the pounding of their feet on the hard turf. Willow is sitting on the edge of the bluff. Buffy rushes in, stops short as she sees her.

Buffy: Come on, Willow! We got to get out of here!

Willow doesn't move. Buffy grabs her arm and yanks.

Buffy: Get up! Get up! Come on!

Willow stands. Buffy pushes her.

Buffy: Go on! Move!

They start away, Buffy still pushing from behind. Then Willow see's Tara, who is standing alone. She is crying and doesnt know what to do. Now Willow and Buffy watching Tara. Willow moves toward her, leaving buffy behind. Willow stands before Tara until she notices her. She shakes her head for all the sorrow she feels, but no words come. Tentatively she offers her his hand. After a moment, she takes it. She knows only that help is being offered and that she will accept it with trust. Willow leads her away toward the car.

Willow: Let me take you home, Tara

Edited by: AmberAlysonlover at: 11/11/03 4:34 am

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:19 am 

I love the update! :clap :bow :eek OMG! :thud I don't believe it! You killed Faith! :thud :willow and her just started a friendship and you went and killed her. :sob I like how :tara asked Buffy about :willow . :tara has that whole secret nice girl thing going on and it shows when she gives Buffy her burger. :) Can't wait to :read more. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:27 am 
hey everyone :) Sorry I havent updated but I've been kinda sorting out my so called love life. I didnt think love would be this hard! Anyway I have also been thinking about doing The Matrix but in a Buffy way.....I had a dream u see. It was sooooo cool and it might work ;)

Anyway Im gonna update later on. I hope everyone is still enjoying it and all that :) So there should be an update very soon :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:37 am 

Rebel With a Cause - Written by Stewart Stern and Rebecca Stone - PART 6

We now see Willow pulling up outside Tara's house. Willow, Tara and Buffy in the front seat. Tara has the door open before the car even stops. She is shaking, agitated and withdrawn.

Tara: (hardly audible) This is fine--

She gets out and starts away, leaving door open.

Willow: (calling quietly) Tara, Will you be okay?

Buffy looks at her, Tara hesitates. Wilow raises a hand to her in a shy farewell. She smiles vaguely, then hurries away from them.

Then Willow slowly drives away and parks outside her house. She feel's bad for letting Tara go, she needed to make sure she was ok.

Willow: I better go in. You better go home

Buffy: Why don't you come home with me? I mean nobody's home at my house--and I'm not tired, are you? I don't have many--people I can talk to.

Willow: Who has?

Buffy: If you want to come we could talk and then in the morning we could have breakfast like my mother used to-- (pauses--then excitedly as though an idea had suddenly struck her) Gee...if you could only have been my mother...we could...

Willow: (interrupting) Hey...you flipped--or something? You better take off...

Buffy: (suddenly, pleasantly) O.K. G'night. I got to pick up my scooter. See you tomorrow.

Willow: Yeah whatever

Buffy turns, walks up the alley to the street. Willow leaves her car and goes into her kitchen door. Willow wonders what Tara is getting up to now. Meanwhile, Tara is walking to her bedroom. Over the hall from her's is her brother's room, its open a small way. Then we see Donny standing there, smiling

Donny: Hello, little cute sister.

Then Tara stops walks and see's Donny. He appears at his door in white pajamas, a small ghost. The brother and sister just look at each other.

Donny ( sounding like their father) Hello, darling, baby-pie, glamor- puss, sweetie--

Tara shakes her head and walks away. He always enjoyed making her feel like crap, hurting her feelings. Then they both hear their father calling out

Donald: Donny, get back to sleep! Dont make me come out there

Both Donny and Tara head back to their rooms. But before that, Tara looks at her father's door and sees him walk out. He misses seeing his daughter and goes back into his room. Donald wishes they could have been closer. When he walks back into their room, Andrea shakes her head and goes back to sleep. Tara was hard with him because he was hard on her.

Now back with Willow. The television is on, but only a hum comes from it, and the screen is a flickering gray. Ira sits lumpily in a chair by the fireplace, still dressed but with his collar open. The sound of Willow's step in the dining room makes him open his eyes. Fear of facing his daugther makes him shut them again. The boy comes in, a bottle of milk in his hand. Seeing her father there, she stops short--her impulse is to flee. Instead she comes in and looks down at the sleeping man whose eyelids, fluttering in the fathers masquerade of sleep, make him seem to be having a dream. Willow is torn between her desire to leave and her need to speak. She turns off the television quietly, then lies down on the couch across the way. Willow mumbles the things she would say to her father and the answers she feels she would get. The old man opens his eyes once, sees the girl there, head banging upside down from the couch. Then he shuts them again.

After a short while, Shelia walks downstairs. She is wondering where her husband and daughter was. Then Shelia see's her daugther

Shelia: She's home! You're home! You're all right!

We see Willow as she completes her turn, pulling her head up and sitting. Slowly, acting like he awoke with a start, Ira wakes up. Shelia rushes over to Willow, picks her up and gives her a kiss on the cheek

Shelia: What happened, darling. We were so worried. I was going to take a sleeping pill, but I wouldn't till I knew you were home.

Willow: I have to talk to someone, Mom. I have to talk to you both. And Dad this time you got to give me an answer.

Ira: Go ahead.

Willow: I'm in terrible trouble.--You know that big high bluff near Miller- town Junction?

Ira: Sure--there was a bad accident there. They showed the pictures on T.V.

Willow: I was in it.

Shelia: How!

Willow: It doesn't matter how. I was driving a stolen car--

Shelia: Do you enjoy doing this to me or what--

Willow: Mom--I'm not--

Shelia: And you wanted her to make a list!

Ira: Will you let her tell it!

Willow: She never wants to hear. She doesn't care!

Shelia: I guess when I nearly died giving birth to you--that shows how much I don't care!

Ira: Just relax, please relax!

Willow: I told you Dad, it was a question of honor. They called me chicken-- you know, chicken! I had to go or I would never have been able to face any of those kids again. So I got in one of these cars and a girl called Faith got in the other. We had to drive fast and jump before the cars went over the edge of the bluff. I got out okay but Faith didn't. She was killed.

Shelia: Good Lord!

Willow: I can't keep it to myself anymore--

Ira: Well, just get it off your chest, baby girl.

Willow: That's not what I mean. I've never done anything right. I've been going around with my head in a sling for years...I don't want to drag you into this but I can't help it. I don't think I can prove anything by going around pretending I'm tough any more, so maybe you look like one thing but you still feel like another.

Ira: You're absolutely right!

Willow: Are you listening to me? You're involved in this! I want to go to the police and tell them I was mixed up in this thing tonight?

Ira: You what?

Shelia: No!

Ira: Did anyone see you there? I mean did they get your license number or anything?

Willow: I don't think so--

Ira: Well--

Shelia: What about the other boys or girls--Do you think they'll go to the police?

Willow: What's that got to do with it?

Shelia: Why should you be the only one.

Ira: Look Willow. Far be it from me to tell you what to do, but there's--

Shelia: Are you going to preach now? Are we going to have a sermon?

Ira: I'm just explaining what you mean! You can't be an idealist all your life! Nobody thanks you for sticking your neck out!

Willow rolls her eyes. All she could think was, here we go again

Shelia: That's right!

Willow: Except yourself!

Ira: Will you wait a minute?

Willow: You don't want me to go.

Shelia: No! I don't want you to go to the police! There were other people and why should you be the only one involved!

Willow: But I am involved! We're all involved, Mom! A girl was killed! I don't see how we can get out of that by pretending it didn't happen!

Ira: You know you did wrong. That's the main thing, isn't it?

Willow: No! It's nothing! Just nothing! You always told me to tell the truth. You think you can just turn that off?

Shelia: He's not saying that! He's saying don't volunteer!

Willow: Just tell a little white lie?

Ira: You'll learn as you get a little older, Willow

Willow: I don't want to learn that!

Shelia: Well, it doesn't matter anyhow-- because we're moving.

Willow: No! You're not tearing me loose any more.

Shelia: Do I have to spell it out?

Willow: You're not going to use me as an excuse again, Mom. Every time you can't face yourself you want to move and you say it's because of me or the neighborhood or some other phony excuse. Now I want to do one thing right and I'm not letting you run away. (silence) Dad?

Ira: baby girl--this is all happening so fast--

Willow: You better give me something, Dad. You better give me something (stops as she sees the emptiness in them) Mom?

Shelia: Willow, you're very young--and a foolish decision now could wreck your whole life.

Willow: Dad--answer her--aren't you going to stand up for me?

But Ira is mute, helpless... Suddenly Willow screams.

Willow: Dad?

She leaps at her father, dragging him to his feet, hands at the man's throat.

Shelia: Stop it! You'll kill him! Willow! Do you want to kill your father?

Suddenly Willow loosens her hands and rises. She looks swiftly at each of them--moves a few steps toward the door, looks back at them again--then rushes out of the house. The parents stand frozen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:26 pm 
Very different to any fic I've ever read, in a good way. I'm enjoying reading this, as it's W/T but, also, not W/T.

And I've not seen Rebel Without a Cause either. :sh

:cool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:29 pm 

I love this fic! :clap :bow :tara is in shock. :eek Is she going to be okay? :willow is freaking out. Her parents aren't helping at all. :spin Her mom sucks! What is her freaking problem? :glasses Can't wait to :read more. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:29 pm 
I've never been a fan of James Dean, but I really like the mood of your fic. It does remind me of the times when I was an unhappy-angry-depressed teen... Poor kids!

Please, write mooooore!

"Don't piss off the redhead with the weird powers" -Willow-

"I'm not weird, I'm talented." -Sara Biga-