The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Fic@ Misjudgement
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:32 pm 
Title: Misjudgement

Rating: PG.13

Pairing: W/T Mrs Maclay/Mr Maclay Donnie/OtherJoss Whedon owns all characters on the show, others are mine

Summary: This is an AU fic, Willow and Tara visit Tara’s very happy family in Cleveland. Things go well at first, until Mrs Maclay finds something out.

Note: I am also working on a story called “MAGIC OR TARA?” will be updated shortly.

Willow was sitting in her and Tara’s room, waiting for her lover to return home. She had been going over her speech for days, and decided that tonight was the night she was going tom propose. Just an ordinary night, with no significance to either of them, but one that neither would ever forget. Willow thought about the last five months. They had not been easy. Although Tara had forgiven her, they was still a lot of convincing to be done to prove that Willow had given up magic. Tara had checked their room high and low for evidence of dark magic, but to her relief found none. It wasn’t that Tara didn’t trust Willow; it was just that she new how hard recovering from dark magic could be. When she was fifteen, her mother had told her all about her aunt’s dark magic addiction. Told her of the pain, the night-mares, the relapses, and the guilt. Tara swore to herself and her mother at that point that she would never let herself get lost in dark magic, and now she had willow, she wasn’t about to let that happen to her, not again. It had been hard at first, but now they were just like they used to be. No fights and no secrets. And tonight was the night that would make their relationship complete. Willow had fought off all her nerves, all her fears of rejections, and “don’t you think it’s too fast?” She had told no-one but Buffy, who had given her the reassurance she needed. That Tara loved her for who she was, not for the power she had. Tara had told her of ways to control her magic, and base it in light, or what really it was Tara telling her stories that Tara had been told by her mother. Willow had never met Tara’s mother, though she felt like she had. Tara spoke of her almost every day. She lived up in Cleveland with Tara’s father and older brother. Willow knew Tara missed her mother. Although she could phone her, it wasn’t the same as being together, as seeing each other every day. Tara told Willow how close she and her mother were. How that when Tara was little, and her father was at work and her brother at school, they would just sit together all day, not moving just talking to each other. Willow knew she would never compare with Tara’s mother, but it didn’t bother her. She didn’t want that. She didn’t want Tara to replace her mother with anyone, not even her.

Willow was torn out of thought by the door opening, and Tara walking in, with an excited look on her face. Willow walked over and kissed her lover. “I’ve got a surprise for you” she whispered. Tara put a finger to her lips. “Me first” she said. Willow nodded. Tara’s grin grew even wider. “I just got off the phone with my mom, and guess what?! She’s invited us up there for a week!” Before Willow could reply, Tara threw her arms around her. “Oh, this is gonna be so good! You’ll get to meet my family, and I just know they’re gonna love you! And you’ll get to meet my mom and see where I grew up in, oh I can’t wait. Nothing could top this!” Willow nodded, shoving the engagement ring back into her pocket.

T.B.C very soon, love Exxxx

Edited by: xita  at: 12/23/02 10:52:37 am

Post subject: Re: New Fic@ Misjudgement
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:07 pm 
Nice start!!!

Willow getting all ready to propose to Tara and then she says the dreaded words: nothing could top this...

A new angle that her mom is still alive, i wonder what you'll do with that.

Can't wait to see how their trip will go and when Willow will fianlly ask Tara to marry her and how her response will be of course

R.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:43 pm 
AWWW...

*pouts* poor Will...

Can't wait for the next update!!

~NICKOLE~

-----------

"You gotta pre-heat the oven before you stick in the turkey!"-Michelle (aka Aly) in AP2

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:19 pm 
hey sweetie. haven't read this fic yet but just wanted to remind you to not forget to break up the narrative into paragraphs... makes it a lot easier to read... ;)

"We're forgetting about the troll.
Let's pay attention to the troll." Tara, Triangle

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:17 pm 
Well now!

Miss Exxxx is writing again!

I must say I'm loving this so far! Willow proposing to Tara and then Tara's family! Who, by the way, sound great! SOOO much better than...well...ok NOT even going there... YOURS is great!:D

ooh...and Go Rane! now, there's a friend! I have that problem myself sometimes... leaving out the spaces... BUT it takes nice kitties like that to help us out:D Isn't that right Exxxx? *grins* ole buddy ole pal!

I've missed you around the board!

Great idea for the fic Exxxx:D

and welcome back to the world of writing:D

Mwa!

Chel

"Oh, sorry. Uhh, I forgot that that doesn't seem normal, to the rest of society. It's just, we, well, we both really like cows. Really like them. To the extent of wanting to buy one, when we're older."- The Crying Game (by Vix84)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:49 pm 
Good start, I like the premise plus Tara's mom alive is a great twist.

Yeah a good way to break up paragraphs is each time someone talks, that starts a new paragraph.

Good luck, I'll be reading.

-------------------------------

Buffy?

Let's change it, the Discovery channel has koala bears.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:50 pm 
WILLOWTARA02: Great start, I absolutely love the idea of Willow proposing to Tara, it just makes me smile wide. I can't wait to read more.

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:47 am 
Ahhh, Willow proposing to Tara...:love :heart

I hope she will do it soon.

Stef :p

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:06 am 

Rating: PG.13

Pairing: W/t Mrs Maclay/Mr Maclay Donnie/Other

Disclaimer: Joss Whedon owns the characters on the show, all others are mine.

Summary: This is an AU Fic. Willow and Tara visit Tara’s very happy family in Cleveland. Things go well at first until Mrs Maclay finds something out.

Willow and Tara had been driving for hours, and were now nearing the street Tara’s family lived on. Willow was excited and nervous about meeting Tara’s family, especially her mother. She had a long talk with Buffy after Tara had told her they were going away, and had decided that the best and most romantic thing to do was to ask her parents if she could marry her first, and then propose. “Here we are sweetie” Tara said as she stopped the car. They collected their bags and walked to the front door. “You ready?” Tara asked. Willow nodded, “yeah, just, are you sure they’ll like me?” She asked worriedly. Tara dropped her bags and embraced the redhead from behind. “They will. And even if they didn’t, it would be their problem, not ours. I’ve finally found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, and I’m about to give her up for anyone” she said, kissing Willow’s forehead. “Besides, they already know we’re a couple, so it shouldn’t be a problem.” Willow nodded, and rang the doorbell. The door was answered by a woman, and Willow almost fell over when she saw her. She was Tara’s double. She looked to be in her late-thirties, with long blonde hair. The woman smiled, and Willow thought she was seeing double.

“Hi mommy” Tara said, her voice sounded as though it would break with emotion.

“Hi baby” her mother replied. Tara flung herself into her mothers embrace. The two of them hugged for what seemed like forever, until Tara finally pulled back and stood next to Willow.

“Mom, this is Willow, my girlfriend.” She said proudly. Her mother smiled.

Tara turned to face Willow.

“Willow, this is my mother.” Willow held out her hand, which Tara’s mother gladly shook.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Mrs Maclay.” Willow said nervously.

Tara’s mother laughed.

“Call me Catherine. It’s great to finally meet you too Willow. Tara’s told me so much about you.” Willow shot a worried glance to Tara, who simply shook her head. Willow sighed with relief, knowing that Tara’s mother knew nothing about their break-up and her addiction.

“So mom, where’s dad?” Tara asked as they stepped inside. “He’s at work sweetie” her mother replied. They sat together in the living room, Tara and Willow sat together on the couch, while Tara’s mother rested comfortably on the recliner beside them. They talked for hours, mostly about Tara’s time in Sunnydale, and her and Willow’s relationship. Tara’s mother occasionally brought up magic, but each time Tara changed the subject by telling her mother that she and Willow didn’t really like to practise that much.

Tara looked at the clock and realised how late it was getting. She turned to Willow. “Hey sweetie, you wanna go phone Buffy and tell her we got here safe?” Tara asked. Willow nodded, “sure, where’s the phone?” She asked. “There’s one in the kitchen” Tara replied.

Willow stood and walked out. “Say hi to Dawnie for me” Tara called after her.

T.B.C tomorrow, Love Exxxx

Post subject: Re: :)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:43 am 
Awwwwwwww Tara's mom sounds really sweet......I wonder what her dad is like.... can't wait to read more :)

And that Willow is going to ask Tara's parents first is traditional yet at the same time sooooo romantic :)

----------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:52 pm 
Oh yes! I am loving Tara's mom!!!

Great update Exxxx!!!

I can't wait for more!:grin

"Oh, sorry. Uhh, I forgot that that doesn't seem normal, to the rest of society. It's just, we, well, we both really like cows. Really like them. To the extent of wanting to buy one, when we're older."- The Crying Game (by vix84)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:14 pm 
Great update!!

Tara's mom seems nice...what about her dad??? Hummm

Can't wait to see what they say when Willow asks them if she can marry their daughter....

~NICKOLE~

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:27 pm 

Rating: PG 13

Pairing: W/T Mrs Maclay/Mr Maclay Donnie/Other

Disclaimer: Joss Whedon owns all characters in this show, all others are mine

Summary: This is an AU Fic, Willow and Tara visit Tara’s very happy family in Cleveland. Things go well at first, until Mrs Maclay finds something out.

As Willow left to call Buffy, Tara’s mother moved to sit beside Tara on the couch.

Tara leaned into her mother shoulder as her mother put her arms around her. Neither

of them spoke, for no words needed to be said. They simply needed to sit together again.

Tara’s mother was the first to break the silence.

“She seems very nice sweetie.” She said. Tara smiled.

“She is mom. She just makes me feel so, special. I mean, I never used to believe that there was somebody out there for everybody, y’know? I never thought two people were destined to be together, but Willow’s changed all that. She changed me. She’s made me appreciate things more. She’s made me a better person. She’s completed me.” Tara’s mother smiled and pulled her daughter close to her.

“Well, look at my little girl, all grown up and in love. I’m so happy for you Tara, you deserve happiness.” She said, kissing Tara’s forehead.

“I can’t wait for Donnie and dad to meet her.” Tara said. She thought about the two most important men in her life. She loved them so much. They were the kind of men who would do anything to help anybody. But what Tara loved most about them is that they were nothing like the other men in the town. They respected her and her mother. The other men just thought of woman as people who cooked and cleaned, but her father and Donnie were different, and their blessing on her and Willow meant everything to her.

Mrs Maclay stood up. “I’m just going to the bathroom sweetie; you want me to get you something?” She asked her daughter.

“No thanks” Tara replied. “I’m just gonna look out for dad, he should be home soon, right?” Tara’s mother nodded and headed down the hall. As she walked past the kitchen, she heard Willow on the phone to Buffy. She didn’t want to eavesdrop; she just wanted to hear what Willow was like to other people. What she didn’t know was that Willow and Buffy were discussing Willow’s proposal plans.

These were the words she heard Willow speak:

“It’s gonna be soon Buffy. I just have to get through her parents and then it’s gonna happen.”

“Her mom should be easy enough, but I’ve got a feeling her dad’s gonna be hard.”

“Just be ready to have the stuff set up when I call you.”

“If it doesn’t work I’ve got a back-up plan.”

After saying goodbye, Willow (having not seen Mrs Maclay) hung up the phone and headed back down the hall, leaving Mrs Maclay standing there speechless. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t want to have to tell her little girl that her so-called girlfriend was planning something bad with her best friend. She decided to wait until her husband got home, and headed for the bathroom.

T.B.C soon, love Exxxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:32 am 
WILLOWTARA02: Great updates, the plot thickens. I really hope that what Mrs. Maclay heard doesn't cause too many problems for our girls, not when Willow is SO close. I keep wondering what Willow wants Buffy to be set up? I can't wait to read more.

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:38 pm 
Ahh what a misunderstanding. Willow's just scheming a big proposal! I like Tara's mom though and it's nice to read about them interacting with parents! :)

-------------------------------

Buffy?

Let's change it, the Discovery channel has koala bears.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:44 pm 
OH GIVE ME A BREAK!

LOL

How could she think Willow was planning something bad? All she's heard of Willow has been GOOD! SHEESH

I hope things don't go bad..and that she understand when Willow asks her....

Great update however...

Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see what happens!!

~NICK~

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:06 pm 
ooooooh....Exxxx...

I'm gonna go with Nic on this... woah...lol

Please let it all be good :pray

They deserve so many great things! :D

Thanks for this Exxxx! Can't wait for more!!!!!

Chel

"Oh, sorry. Uhh, I forgot that that doesn't seem normal, to the rest of society. It's just, we, well, we both really like cows. Really like them. To the extent of wanting to buy one, when we're older."- The Crying Game (by vix84)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:51 pm 
Great Story so far! Loving it! :peace :clap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:06 am 
Oh, Tara's mom misunderstood everything. I have a bad bad feeling about the enxt parts!

Stef :p

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:34 am 
I like this fic so far :D Uh oh, misunderstandings are never ever good :paranoid I wonder what Tara's mom is gonna do about what she thought she heard. What she should've done was ask Willow what that all meant, but not many people would do that cuz then that'd be an admission that they were listening in, making them seem nosey, so it's just easier to assume you have the right idea than making an ass out of yourself by asking...okay I'll just stop now :grin Can't wait for more!

--Michelle

Post subject: Merry Christmas Eve-Eve!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:55 am 
Hello everybody. Just to say that there won’t be an update til Boxing Day at the latest, but until then I just want to reply to the replies:

TareBearRS: Thanks for the encouragement. :)

SWN: I promise a happy ending, and we will defiantly be getting to know her dad. :)

Rane018: Thanks for the tip. :)

Chel: Hey! You are the best reader ever, once again you have replied to every update, Go You! I’m really going to have to update “MAGIC OR TARA?” soon as well; I hope you still want to read it, Love Exxxx.

P.S You Rule Pal! :) :) :) :) :)

Xita: Oh My God! You are like the coolest person to reply to a fic! Thank you! :)

Lonewolf22: If you like the idea of a proposal, I hope you will like the idea of a wedding. :)

deixs; Thank you for reading :)

Little M: Thank you for reading :)

The Next Tara Maclay: Thanks, I’ll update soon. :)

pikescoob: Thanks for reading, and I agree, misunderstandings are very bad! :)

Love Exxxx

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas Eve-Eve!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:47 pm 
WILLOWTARA02: Like the idea of a wedding, the only thing I can say is I can't wait till Boxing Day. Is it Boxing Day now, No..........How about now?

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:59 pm 
Does that mean your update will be later on today?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:15 pm 
The next update could be any time between later tonight and Boxing day :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:22 pm 
This is new to the archive. You can leave feedback!

To the creator of this thread: If you ever want to add something new, just email a mod and we'll move it to the active Pens board.

I have often been adrift, but I have always stayed afloat.    --  David Berry,  The Whales of August