The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: FIC : Bookmarks and Broomsticks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:45 am 
Hi there - before anyone panics - no this has nothing at all to do with a certain Disney film production of a similar name :) Kath and I were just feeling all WIllow / Tara goodness deprived so we decided to delve way back in time to the just post Hush days.

We hope you enjoy - please tell us if you do - and indeed if we should continue.

Much love and hugs to you all, Beth xxxxx

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Willow, Tara, Xander, Giles and all other characters who have appeared in the syndicated series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, together with the names, titles and back story are the sole copyright property of Josh Wheldon, Fox and Mutant Enemy. No copyright infringement was intended in the writing of this fan fiction. All other characters, the story idea and the story itself are the sole property of the author. This story cannot be sold or used for profit in any way. Please contact the author for permission to reproduce this story on any other fan fiction site.

TIME FRAME: Season four… sometime after Hush but pre New Moon Rising.

SPOILERS: Not unless you’re unaware of the goodness that is Willow and Tara together.

PAIRINGS: W/T, B/R

RATING: PG 13

DEDICATION: This is dedicated to the true spirit of our witches love before a quest for ratings and shock factor lead them down a dark and horrible road… In our hearts and our minds they will always be too beautiful girls experiencing the purity of true love

‘Bookmarks and Broomsticks’

By: The Rainbow Writers

rainbowwriters@hotmail.com

Willow fussed with her super girl T-shirt and looked around the large crowded quad ahead of her nervously. She didn’t really want to be out here on club day, but Buffy had all but dragged her out of their dorm room with promises of free food and a few hours away from her physics textbook. She’d tried every excuse she could think of but the Slayer had given her a contradiction for each of them and so here she was.

“Are you going to join any clubs?” She asked the Slayer looking at the streams of excited students and various coloured tents that spanned the usually open lawn area.

“If they have any sign up sheets that are looking for a self described young, clueless and stake carrying girl I’m signing up for sure.” Buffy gave her best friend a grin and shifted her hands to hold onto the blue strap of her denim shoulder bag.

“I think we already have a Scooby club.” Willow grinned back. “And we’re not sharing you with any others.”

“Do we? Did we get T-shirts, and super useful looking bookmarks?” Buffy held up a worm shaped bookmark from off a near by table, the words ‘Bookworm Club’ written down the length of the fluorescent pink worm.

“No we get donuts though and Giles’ witty remarks.” Willow actually laughed as she grabbed herself a bookmark and tucked it into her bag. The Slayer raised an eyebrow at the redhead as she put the bookmark down.

“How are we ever going to have the time to go to any new clubs with all the work they’re giving us?” Buffy grumbled a little as the pair strolled on.

“I don’t think the University figures in four hours of standard patrol and a world apocalypse it the weekly study time plans.” Willow admitted gladly accepting a ‘say no to drugs’ key chain from another student.

“And anyway the one group you did try you said were a bunch of Wicca wanna be’s?” Buffy shrugged.

“I think Wicca was the wrong name for them, Goddess worship would have been better.” Willow tried to be kind as she watched a member of the Delta Zeta house end up in the water at the frat’s dunk tank.

“Yeah well whatever it didn’t so much inspire as turn me off the whole idea of university groups. I mean is there anything this uni doesn’t have a group for it?” Buffy stopped as she picked up a neon yellow piece of paper with the words ‘we are not alone’ written on it is some crazy computer font. On the reverse side were details of the UofS UFO group, she thrust it at Willow. “I mean please.” She raised her eyebrows even higher.

“Buffy you kill vampires, should you really knock the aliens?’ Willow laughed lightly as she read the flyer.

“Mmmmm okay point taken.” She stuffed the bright paper into the front pocket of her bag. “So anything catch your fancy?”

“There’s sport stuff? Non competitive but just for fun, you’d be good at those.” Willow pointed to a co-ed weekend volleyball team.

The Slayer glanced over as willow directed as she asked her question. For a moment in her head Buffy contemplated the whole idea of joining something like the volleyball team, it was only as she recalled her days as a cheerleader that the whole thing began to look a little less attractive to her. That hadn’t been ‘such’ a great part of her life back then.

“Maybe I’m just not the groups type.” Buffy mused.

“I’ll probably join the computers club, maybe the chemistry club.”

Willow admitted.

Happily Buffy nodded and continued her casual walk with Willow though the bustling area, though to be honest she wasn’t so much looking at the stalls, as people watching, it was a habit she often found hard to curb.

Willow was silently collecting her own private keychain and bookmark collection. As well as a few pens and pencils, she knew you could never have enough free samples of those.

As they turned round one of the angled corners of the display area, Buffy’s eyes fell on someone that she felt she should recognise, but couldn’t quite place. With Willow babbling happily about her various budding collections Buffy let herself focus a little more on the dipped blonde head and the slightly awkward looking stance of the young woman who had caught her eye.

“Say Will…” Buffy interrupted the hacker’s words. “Isn’t that one of your Wicca group wanna be’s?” She nodded over to the table, which she then managed to note was covered with a large rainbow coloured drape.

“One of my....” Willow followed her best friend’s gaze and stopped in her tracks. “Tara...” She floundered. “Yeah that’s Tara, she helped when the Gentleman came remember. I told you about that, she had all those great witchy books.”

“Tara!” Buffy echoed with a nod. “Knew I knew her.” She said almost smugly. “Not the type to be looking after the Wicca stall.” She mused to herself then stopped. “Oh no wait.”

“That’s not the Wicca stall.” Willow realised at the same time as they looked at the pink banner over the main table. She read it and then shook her head. Willow went to point back to the stall that held the pretentious goddess loving bake sale fanatics when she heard Buffy’s voice and looked back.

“No, it’s not is it.” Buffy agreed. “Still she didn’t seem the type though.” The Slayer added tactfully.

“That type is okay, I mean nothing wrong with that type is there... no not a thing.” Willow looked at the Slayer a bit horrified.

“To man a stall. I meant the stall manning thing.” Buffy underlined.

“Anyone can be shy.” Willow followed up trying to put her jaw back into place.

“Yeah of course they can be.” Buffy agreed. “You going to say hi?” She added looking from Tara to the redhead.

“Should I? She looks busy.” Willow bit her lip and fidgeted with her top.

“Busy stacking the rainbow bookmarks into a neat pile Will?” Buffy frowned slightly.

“Though maybe I should tell her how great it is to see... she’s at a stall.” Willow tried to cover up her own hesitancy. “And how cool it is she’s running a stall? Is it cool right?” She checked with Buffy.

“Very cool.” Buffy nodded already losing interest.

“BUFFY HEY!” A deep voice called from behind them causing the Slayer to spin round with a grin.

“Riley!” She beamed.

“Hey, come over to the house stall we’re giving out free food to anyone who can answer a quiz. I’ll give you the answers.” He grinned as she stopped just short of them.

“Mmmmm I was just thinking to myself, self, we need food.” Buffy hugged her bag a little smiling.

“And we have food, so that works out great.” Riley kept his bright smile. “Hey Willow... you can come too.” He looked briefly at the redhead.

“Oh... food... I’ll come by in a bit I’m collecting bookmarks.” She held up her collection feeling completely geek-ish.

“You’re the kind of student these guys love Willow.” Buffy flashed a grin at her best friend and then looped her arm through Riley’s. “Lead on oh hunter gatherer.” She giggled at him.

“So I should say hello?” Willow tried to check but the Slayer was already lost in the crowd. “Okay thanks so much.” She scowled realising she’d lost the Slayer’s attention to Riley again. “Come on Willow, it’s just a hello.” She took a deep breath and moved very slowly over to the booth.

She waited for her turn patiently and then another few moments while the blonde sorted the pile of bookmarks.

“Hi.” She finally said when Tara still hadn’t looked up.

Flailing her hand out as she looked up Tara knocked the pile of bookmarks over sending them in a rainbow-coloured fan onto the tabletop.

“Oh...” She frowned at the mess and then looked at Willow and smiled, but then lost her smile again as she remembered the mess.

“Here let me help.” Willow began gathering up the small cardboard strips of paper; even gathering a few that had fallen into the grass.

“Th-Th-Th-Thank you.” Tara formed two smaller piles this time. “Too h-h-high I think.” She said by way of explanation.

“Safer that way, especially if it gets windy.” Willow nodded and smiled.

“I could weigh them down with the key rings.” The blonde glanced over to the triangle of rainbow striped plastic key rings she had obviously made in the centre of the table.

“Or anchor them between the flyer boxes.” Willow pointed to the cardboard containers.

“Such possibilities.” Tara glanced up with a lopsided smile though she quickly glanced down again.

“I have to ask for a bookmark and a keyring before you get everything settled.” Willow blurted out trying not to let the silence come between them. “I’m making a club fair collection.” She cursed herself for sounding so stupid.

“Oh you could make a display of them on your notice b-b-board.” Tara piped up quickly, she carefully selected a book mark and was about to pick out a keyring when she turned and took one out of a multi-coloured patchwork bag that hung over the chair behind the stall.

“Here you can have th-th-this one, it’s a special edition one, all metal, and not just plastic.” She held it out with a cautious hand.

“Wow, are you sure?” Willow reached out to take it, their hands briefly brushing together and making her smile brighter. Tara nodded. “Thank you.” Willow kept her smile. “I wish I had something to give you but I’m not in any of the clubs.”

“I already have Mr. Poco.” Tara held up a keychain with a small yellow duck on it.

“Where did you get Mr. Poco?” Willow questioned grinning at the little duck.

“Oh it’s a long and silly story.” Tara lowered the toy.

“I like long and silly...” Willow was about to ask for the whole thing when she realised that probably Tara was busy. “Sorry you’re working.” She toyed with the keychain in her hand. “I didn’t mean to get in the way, I’m horrible for just jumping in and taking up time. I mean not odd for me but I so do it without thinking.” She babbled on.

“W-W-Working?” Tara frowned and looked at Willow’s fingers as they toyed with the metal.

“Working at the stall.”

“Oh the stall.” Tara glanced back at the brightly coloured table.

“It’s very nice.” Willow looked at it with her.

“It is isn’t it.” She agreed.

“Though the guys running around with the alien heads on are taking things a bit too seriously.” Willow giggled.

“I think they look kinda scary.” Tara wrinkled her nose a little before going back to her somewhat crooked smile.

“Have you got the chance to see the other booths?” Willow questioned. “Buffy and I just got here awhile ago, then she went off to Riley’s Frats booth for food.” The fact made the blonde chuckle.

“F-F-F-Food first for the boys. Oh not that I meant anything against B-B-Buffy.” Tara suddenly panicked.

“No, she has a boys tummy.” Willow smiled and giggled at the idea. Tara joined in with her giggling again. “Usually in the middle of an apocalypse she’ll announce how she needs pizza or ice cream when it’s over.” She followed up happy to see the blonde laugh.

“I’m sure it helps.” Tara went back to a smile though there looked to be a trace of seriousness creep back into the blonde’s face.

“I wanted to tell you how super amazing it was in that room, with the pop machine and that you were trying to help with the spells... and...” Willow rubbed her fingers on the smooth face of the keychain. “You are so powerful.” She whispered.

“I’m not.” Tara shook her head and let her blonde hair fall forward covering most of her face.

“You are.” Willow underlined boldly walking around the stall a bit closer to the blonde. “I couldn’t have done anything, I could barely get it to shake but you ... with me... just zing.”

“It was more of a zoom.” Tara looked up with a small grin.

“It was very zoomy.” Willow grinned. She hung back for a moment still grinning as Tara handed someone a flyer and bookmark.

“So did you get around all the s-s-stalls yet?” The blonde asked as soon as she as free again.

“Not all of them.” Willow shook her head. “Did you want to do the rest of them when you’re finished?” She found herself asking the question boldly before she even thought about it.

“That would be great.” Tara brightened up instantly. “I shouldn’t be longer than two or three more minutes.”

“That’s fine, I mean totally great.” Willow felt her heart do a back flip. “I can get us lunch too from Riley if you want.” She tried to calm herself down not quite sure why the prospect of spending time with the other witch made her so excited and anxious.

“Could do.” Tara nodded.

“Great.” Willow fidgeted with her bag.

“Unless you’re hungry and you want to go over and get something, rather than wait for me.” Tara asked as she watched Willow fiddle.

“No, I can wait.” Willow shook her head. “Should I go though, let you finish without me crowding you?”

“No it’s okay, you could help if you like.” Tara offered.

“What do I do?” Willow’s tried not to panic. “I’ve never...” She took a breath. “Ran a stall before.”

“R-R-Ran a stall?” Tara sounded confused for a moment. “Oh no.” She shook her head “This isn’t my stall.” She said suddenly realising what the redhead must be thinking.

“It’s not?” Willow’s face showed her confusion.

“No.” She shook again.

“That’s okay.” Willow tired to get her mouth to work.

“I’m just looking after it so Daisy can find f-f-food.” Tara explained “She has a boys tummy too.” The blonde gave a characteristic smile.

“Can’t ignore the boys tummy.” Willow smiled back trying not to show her own disappointment now that she understood. Something had just seemed so right about the shy but powerful witch Tara running this stall. “I have a bird’s tummy, or at least that’s what Xander says.” She wanted to kick herself for mentioning him. The last thing she wanted was for Tara to think she was mentioning her boyfriend to point out she couldn’t run the stall either because running the stall was okay. It was really okay.

Unfortunately that’s more or less what the shy witch did think.

“That’s n-n-n-nice.” She said slightly awkwardly dropping her gaze back to the floor.

“You didn’t get to meet Xander, he’s my best friend, from high school, well from grade school, we’ve known each other for like forever.” Willow went into full babble mode as she saw the blonde retreat. “So he’s known my eating habits for forever, and he says I eat like a bird. A little bit here, a little bit there.” She giggled nervously.

“That must be nice.” Tara said to the grass at her feet. “To have known him all that time, and s-s-still be able to go out.”

“He’s like a brother.” Willow followed up. “Go out?” The words overlapped hers.

“Brother?” Tara echoed as Willow did.

“Oh no, not now. We did in high school, but only cause he was dating a cheerleader and I was jealous but then it was over.” She almost jumped out of her skin. “Xander going out... Ewww yucky not anymore.” Tara giggled when Willow made ‘Ewww’ noises and looked up again. “He’s just a friend, like Buffy.” Willow tried to make it clear.

“So he’s super nice, but super not going out with brotherly boy--friend.” The blonde left a slight pause between the words boy and friend.

“Yes, boy---friend.” Willow mimicked. Tara nodded that the point was clear. “He has a girlfriend, other than me and not a girl--friend.” She added pauses to show who Anya was.

“Lovely.” Tara nodded.

“So do you want me to leave you for a bit? Or wait for Daisy to come back?” Willow went back to the original question.

The blonde was about to say something in reply, when a small stocky dark haired young woman bundled over and enveloped Tara in a huge hug.

“Tar you are a life saver.” Daisy exclaimed and Willow backed away nervously and played with the end of her hair.

Tara looked shell-shocked for a moment and then lifted her arms to loosely pat the woman on the back.

“The Neanderthals at the Frat were giving out free burgers if you could do a quiz.” Daisy laughed. “It was so hard not to pick other and write in a real answer.” She let Tara go.

“I’m s-s-sure you’d have got away with it.” Tara stepped back a little from the smaller girl. All the while she inched closer to the chair ready to claim her bag and slip away.

“Hey you rearranged the table, very cool.” Daisy appraised the set up and smiled.

“Well just a little toying.” Tara nodded and looked at her efforts.

“It looks great.” Daisy looked at Willow. “Hey, did Tara tell you about our meetings? They’ve been moved from Thursday to Monday.”

“I... She...” Willow stammered having been suddenly thrust into the foreground. “Flyer.” She picked one up having noted the info was on there.

“Great, we’d love to see you there.” Daisy nodded. “Freshman year can be such a killer, but there’s always support if you need it.”

“A-A-Actually Daisy…” Tara moved a little round the table towards Willow.

“No, that’s great. Thanks.” Willow was already talking not wanting the older student to feel bad for offering. The blonde glanced at the redhead and then went silent moving back to reclaim her bag. “You ready?” Willow watched Tara carefully. Not sure if she’d said the right or wrong thing. Tara nodded silently to the question.

“Take care Daisy.” She gave a little wave to the shorthaired girl.

“Have you known Daisy for long?” Willow tried to get a hold of some sort of conversation as they began walking away awkwardly.

“About a month, maybe two, she’s in the same dorm as me.” Tara explained.

“She seems nice.” Willow tried to be generous, even thought the girl had made her feel uncomfortable with her forwardness that didn’t mean she wasn’t nice.

“She can be a bit...” Tara didn’t finish.

“I’m sure she just meant well.” Willow finished. “I mean trying to be friendly and open and that’s cool.”

Tara’s dead dropped a little though she managed a small nod.

“Did I say something wrong?” The noticeable slump in the blonde’s body language made Willow panic. “I didn’t mean too, I’m sorry.” Her voice was soft.

“W-W-Wrong? No, of course you didn’t.” Tara shook her head quickly. “I’m just sorry that Daisy embarrassed you.” She explained.

“How could she embarrass me?” Willow bit her lip and her words made Tara’s head fall even further. “Okay so I’ve never been to a meeting like that, and well she didn’t know that but if I had questions it would be great to know that on Monday night I can go get them answered.” She frowned not sure if she was making this better or worse. “And maybe I have questions.” She added softly wanting to crawl under the ground.

“You don’t seem to be the type to ask questions.” Tara said very quietly, she actually glanced up at the hacker.

“Don’t I?” Willow’s frown grew firmer.

“Oh I don’t mean that in a b-b-b-bad way.” Tara shook her head.

Willow stopped herself for a moment suddenly taking in their surrounding and realising they had wandered slightly away from the fair off under a large tree.

“More that you look more like s-s-someone who would just not question things.” Tara too stopped and seemed to realise this at the same moment.

“Are you saying that I shouldn’t make up questions when I already know the answer?” The redhead queried softly.

“I’m not saying this right at all.” The blonde sighed obviously frustrated with herself. “I’m saying you look far more like someone who would just go with her heart.” She tried to sum up with a nervous smile.

“You have a very beautiful smile.” Willow whispered watching and listening intently to the blonde’s explanation.

“Wh-Wh-What?” Tara’s blue eyes suddenly widened and without thinking really she stepped back a little.

“I said something that I shouldn’t have cause I just freaked you out.” Willow stepped back and frowned. “Um... did you want to go back to the fair?”

“No, no.” Tara shook her head. “It’s just no one has ever said that to me before.” The blonde’s voice dropped a notch.

“Everyone should, it’s true.” Willow smiled softly.

“Did you want to sit?” Tara glanced to the shaded spot beneath the tree and then back at the redhead.

“Sure.” Willow nodded and awkwardly moved over and down to sit cross-legged on the grass. Tara did likewise leaning her back onto the tree. Willow picked at a fallen leaf absently while watching the blonde.

“So did you join any clubs?” Tara looked back towards the bustling fair. She pulled her purse around and put it in her lap playing with the frayed edges of patchwork.

“Not yet, did you?” Willow looked down at the bustling crowd.

“I’m n-n-not really a group girl.” She admitted with a shake of her head.

“We could start our own club, a real witches club.” Willow turned with the suddenly fantastic idea. “Like the Wicca’s but with real witchcraft.”

“I think that might make the principalities freak a little.” The blonde smiled warmly.

“We don’t have to tell anyone, not like we need school funding.” Willow shook her head to the worry. “Mr. Giles has enough books for us to borrow.”

“I d-d-don’t know how good I’d be in a large group of witches.” Tara worried slightly.

“How large do you consider a group that is just you and me?”

Willow wound the blade of grass around her finger. “That’s all the witches I know.”

“Oh I think I could cope with that large.” Tara’s troubled look morphed into a smile. “So where would we meet?”

“Buffy is on patrol a lot, so my dorm if you wanted.” Willow put forward. “Only so that no one can accidentally find us doing witchcraft and freak out.” She put in quickly.

“Or we could use mine.” Tara offered softly. “I have lots of books. Oh and the twinkly lights.” She grinned.

“That would be cool.” Willow nodded and smiled knowing she couldn’t hold her enthusiasm at the offer. “Sounds very witchy.”

“So when’s group night?” The blonde asked still playing with her bag but not as intently.

“What night is good for you?” Willow almost reached in her purse to get her calendar but realised it was pretty empty.

“Any.” She said eagerly.

“Friday?” The hacker said the first night that came to mind, the night of the week she was most likely to be left without anything to do as Buffy went missing with Riley.

“Perfect.” Tara nodded happily. “This Friday?” She checked.

“I could bring pizza.” Willow nodded as she made the offer. “And spell stuff.”

“Even better.” Without knowing it Tara let her knees bounce a little in excitement.

“What do you want to call our club?” Willow let her blade of grass fall to the ground as she watched the blonde enthusiasm.

“Mmmmm.” She mused thoughtfully as she played more purposefully with her bag strap. “Real Witches.” She came up with the somewhat unimaginative name.

“RW for short?” Willow smiled, though it was straightforward she liked it.

“Perfect, almost like a secret code or something.” Tara giggled.

“Our own secret code.” Willow giggled with her.

“Should we make bookmarks?” She asked only semi-seriously.

“Definitely, and key chains.” Willow grinned. “I could do a design on my laptop.”

“We’ll have to think of our logo. How about a pop machine?” The blonde grinned.

“With RW across the front.” Willow laughed loving the special thing that was growing between them. Tara laughed gently and nodded clearly pleased too. “Do we need anything else? She questioned.

The blonde glanced over at the slight redhead across from her, and not for the first time had to press down the feelings of complete and utter bedazzlement. Something about Willow just literally took Tara’s breath away. Something about her hair, her eyes, the way her whole face just lit up when she smiled. So lost in her thoughts was the blonde that she nearly missed Willow’s question.

“Er…” She blinked to try and refocus. “No, I d-d-don’t think so.” She managed to say.

“What time on Friday?” Willow smiled realising they hadn’t decided on that small fact.

“Around eight?” Tara offered picking a time out of the air.

“Eight is great.” Willow offered feeling silly when she made the small words rhyme. Though Tara just giggled, apparently drawing pleasure from the small fact that she had.

“So don’t be late.” She added hoping not to sound foolish.

“Cause the magic won’t wait.” Willow giggled with her.

After their laughter died somewhat Tara looked back towards the fair.

“Did you want to check out the stalls?” She checked.

“Do you want too?” Willow questioned back knowing in her heart that whatever they did she wanted to do it together. Tara shrugged that she didn’t really care what they did either. “We could just sit and enjoy the day.”

“Or you could always c-c-come and check out the RW’s headquarters.” Tara offered shyly looking down again.

“That would be great.” Willow nodded happily.

“Really?” Tara looked up her face bright.

“Really.” Willow kept nodding. “You could show me what books you have so I don’t bring repeats.”

“Great.” Tara uncrossed her legs and pulled her tall frame upright. “Its this way.” without thinking she held out her hand towards the redhead.

“Let’s go.” Willow didn’t even think to hesitate as she slipped her hand into the one offered, instantly feeling the connection that had been there the night the gentleman chased them.

Gently Tara pulled on Willow hand to help her up from the grass and still holding hands Tara directed them towards her dorm.

The End for Now…

Post subject: Re: FIC : Bookmarks and Broomsticks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:07 am 
That was lovely. They were so tentative, yet each felt the connection.

And I like the promise of "the end for now!"

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:45 am 
Oh this was just lovely. I can't really even explain how lovely it was.

Quote:

“Definitely, and key chains.” Willow grinned. “I could do a design on my laptop.”

“We’ll have to think of our logo. How about a pop machine?” The blonde grinned.

That just gave me the biggest smile. This was just the sweetness I needed, so shy with each other. Sigh. Please continue :) It would be great if you did!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Everything is turning out so dark..."

"No, it's okay. Lost is good. Willow and I always know how to find each other!"

Post subject: Rainbow Writers Rock!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:57 am 
this story was great... super cute...

please continue... or we'll have to be unruly minions!

grin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 9:11 am 
That was so cute... I love early fics!

I loved their interaction, they were shy, yet they still made plans.

Awww, RW on a pop machine!

When's the next part?

-Aimee

"Hey Will, this is me. It doesn't all have to be good and fine. This is the room where you don't have to be brave. I still love you. If you're worried, you can be worried." -Tara to Willow in ep. 603 Afterlife

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:16 am 
Dagnabit!!! I was just getting into it. Very cute :D When's the next part??????

More! Give me More!!!!:bounce

*Sits and crosses arms and legs waiting "PATIENTLY" for the next part*

*Bicola*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:26 am 
This was really sweet! I like reading the early fiction of them getting to know each other :grin

You have to continue with this! :)

"I am a whiz...If ever a whiz there was"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:41 am 
Okay, I say this everytime someone does an "in the beginning" fic ... and I'm saying it now ... I love these! Every time I read one I think "that's yet another way they couldn't have met or gotten to know each other." And everytime I think there're no more possibilities .. . BOOM ... another one.

I read this over on the wt mailing list, but I always reply on here. So ... more, more and, more?

JD

...but if I did call, she wouldn't hang up on me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:17 am 
Woo hoo! More Rainbow Writers ficcy goodness! So sweet and sigh-worthy, Beth and Kath. I hope you continue this.

Life is full of changes...The better you are at letting go of things, the freer your hands will be to catch something new. ~from Off The Map by Joan Ackerman
"It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured before passing out. ~from "Answering Darkness" by Sassette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:21 am 
Early fics are just wonderful and this one is so sweet. Great work you two and I hope you have the time to continue this fic :)

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:21 pm 
Oh that was totally cute. I really enjoy fics that play on Willow's inherent nervousness. This was just very sweet.

----------
No metaphors...just fucking.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:24 pm 
Great start - 'cos that implies there'll be more. There will be more, right? Please?!

Loved the way you managed to capture the tentativeness, yet undeniable attraction, that existed in the early days. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:14 pm 
I love reading early fics about W&T and this story was no exception. This was a very cute story, which I hope continues in the near future. I loved the tentativeness of both W&T, and their exchange at the tree about having their own group was great. I would love to see how you write W&T's relationship progressing from a friendship to starting a slow build-up (with some insecurity on both sides) to a romantic relationship. Really a wonderful story!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:19 pm 
Beth Dragon: Very Cool fic, I really like how there was such a connection between them, you could almost feel it. I really hope you continue with this fic. I can't wait to read more.

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:54 pm 
Adding my voice to the masses. Just getting together fic makes me happy. I really enjoyed this. And damn you nailed Buffy and her blissful self involvement too.

Autumn

-----------

Buffy: I could wrestle naked in grease for a living and still be cleaner than after a shift at the Doublemeat.

Willow: Plus, I'd visit you at work every single day. --- "Normal Again" shooting script

Post subject: Bookmarks and Broomsticks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:43 pm 
That was just great. I loved all the tentative steps they each took. It was great. It was those first steps into the unknown that made us who we are.. Thank you for putting them into such a wonderful setting...Please do continue with this fic..We all need a reason to smile...

"We few, we happy few."
"We band of buggered."

Post subject: Re: Bookmarks and Broomsticks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:36 pm 
Oh, so cute! And I am SOOO sad, that something that simple could make me ship so hard. Really, I need help. I'm off to call my shrink right now. *g* Or not. It's fun to be this sappy!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:48 pm 
oh i really liked the way you phrased that, "something that simple could make me ship so hard."

Man that's my life. Shipping hard!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:51 pm 
God, that was adorable! I love these stories when they're just getting together. And all their feelings are all new and shiny! :)

*sigh* Now THESE are our girls.

--------------------------------

"Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind." - Glory

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:12 am 
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was fantastic. :D

I hope you do continue this. I would LOVE to read more of this. I loved watching our girls from the beginning. They are so damn adorable.

More, soon? ;)

Jen

------------------------------------

Tara: Willow... I got so lost

Willow: I found you... I will always find you

Willow: Is anyone else waiting for it to go, 'Poof'? ... Maybe we could cover it with flowers!"

Post subject: Bookmarks and Boomsticks (Part Two)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:52 pm 
Hi everyone,

Just a quick post here of the continuation as I'm at work...

Thank you so much to everyone for reading and enjoying our little attempt at getting together goodness... we've decided with alll your gentle lovely proding to continue on and fill in a few more little scenes between our girls...

hope you enjoy

take care

kath (and beth)

the Rainbow Writers

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Willow, Tara, Xander, Giles and all other characters who have appeared in the syndicated series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, together with the names, titles and back story are the sole copyright property of Josh Wheldon, Fox and Mutant Enemy. No copyright infringement was intended in the writing of this fan fiction. All other characters, the story idea and the story itself are the sole property of the author. This story cannot be sold or used for profit in any way. Please contact the author for permission to reproduce this story on any other fan fiction site.

TIME FRAME: Season four… sometime after Hush but pre New Moon Rising.

SPOILERS: Not unless you’re unaware of the goodness that is Willow and Tara together.

PAIRINGS: W/T, B/R

RATING: PG 13

DEDICATION: This is dedicated to the true spirit of our witches love before a quest for ratings and shock factor lead them down a dark and horrible road… In our hearts and our minds they will always be too beautiful girls experiencing the purity of true love

‘Bookmarks and Broomsticks’ Part Two

By: The Rainbow Writers

rainbowwriters@hotmail.com

“Will are you sure you don’t mind me staying over with Riley tonight?” Buffy watched as the redhead sat crossed legged on her bed with her laptop one side of her and a pile of old books on the other. She was looking though a pile of printouts and handouts. The Slayer pulled on one knee length boot waiting for an answer.

“No, no you have fun. Stay out all night, having fun fun fun.” Willow looked up from her printout with a broad smile. “Just me and my studies will be fine.”

“Why don’t you call Xander and go out to the Bronze with him and Anya?” The Slayer suggested fixing her other camel coloured boot and then standing up to straighten out her long similarly coloured skirt.

“Don’t worry you.” Willow shook her head. “Tara will probably come by so we can prep for our full moon spell next week.”

“Got something big lined up?” The Slayer asked picking up her small clutch purse

“Big?” Willow floundered for a minute her hand closing tighter around the pages.

“The whole ‘Our full moon spell’, just sounded kinda big you know?” Buffy shrugged.

“No big, just spells, maybe food... and drinks... you know the usual. It’s a protection thing, so we can be better at helping you. Centre’s us with the universe.” Willow filled in breathing a little easier that the Slayer was questioning about the spell.

“Okay then great.” She shrugged again and moved to the door. “I’ll be with Riley if you need me.”

“And you’re definitely staying over at the house tonight right?” Willow check slipping off the bed to follow Buffy to the door.

“Yeah but I’ll be back tomorrow night so we can have some best friend time.” Buffy smiled assuming that Willow was missing her and was trying to point out how much time she’d been spending with the older co-ed.

“Great.” Willow grinned. “Best friend time is a good time had by all.”

“I’m hearing you.” Buffy waved and slipped out easing the door closed behind her.

“Goddess I thought she’d never leave.” Willow muttered to herself and quickly went back to the bed.

She collected up all her schoolbooks and tossed them into the deep bottom drawer of the nightstand. More carefully she moved her laptop over to the desk, flicking through windows she put her selection of carefully downloaded mp3’s on random replay and the room filled with soft music. Lastly she bundled up her printouts and tucked them away on her desk.

Moving to the closet she pulled on and off a few different tops trying to decide which of her catchy logo T-shirts were not too overtly childish but still didn’t scream I’ve been looking forward to this all day.

Deciding on a tight baby blue T-shirt with a screen of a sparkly cartoon dog on the front, it was obvious that the beige skirt she had on just didn’t match. Quickly she pulled it off and leafed through her closet not sure if the top was such a good idea now as she couldn’t find anything to match it with.

“I know...” She ran over to Buffy’s closet. “You’ll totally forgive me, I mean I’m not leaving the room with it.” She spoke out loud to the absent Slayer as she removed a skirt.

She pulled on a long dark denim skirt, knowing that since the Slayer had bought it she’d totally coveted it. ‘Much better’, she decided happily.

For a long moment Tara stood just looking up at the door in front of her and then down at her attire. She hadn’t known what to wear not that she though Willow would notice necessarily. It was just that the redhead always looked so nice and she made Tara want to make a special effort.

Lifting her free hand she checked the clip that held part of her long blond hair back off her face, ensuring it was both level and secure. Then swapping hands the young blonde put the books she held against her right hip and ran her left hand down over the dark cargo pants that hung low on her hips. Then she checked the buttons of her black tye-dyed shirt and the moonstone that hung on a simple leather cord around her throat.

‘It’s now or never Tara Maclay.’ She told herself as she took a deep breath and knocked lightly on the door. It only took a few moments before it flew open.

“Hi.” Willow was slightly flushed and patted at the edge of her shirt that wouldn’t quite reach the embroidered waist of the skirt leaving a small patch of pale Willow stomach visible.

“Hi Willow.” Tara looked up with a smile and gave a motionless wave.

“Come in, its not as all awe inspiring as your room but it’s sort of home.” Willow stepped back to let the blonde enter.

“I see chocolate, I’m already i-i-inspired.” Tara kept her bright smile, though the reason for her inspiration wasn’t the large chocolate offering on the table.

“I had to convince Buffy it would ruin her dinner with Riley if she stole from our stash.” Willow smiled and was now very glad she’d gone by the store to get sugary supplies.

“H-H-How is Buffy?” Tara checked politely as she slipped into the room. She changed the grip on her books to a two handed one as she held them up against her chest.

“She’s good, out with Riley, gone the whole night.” Willow didn’t know why she put the last point in as Tara was more than aware of Buffy’s late night nocturnal habits. “Oh is that a moonstone?” She moved closer appraising the necklace.

“Yes.” Tara leaned forward a little for the hacker to get a better view.

“It’s really nice.” Willow reached out and closed her hand around it letting it weight in her palm. “Looks really nice with your outfit.” She let go of it and pulled her hand back slowly.

“You don’t need a moonstone to make your outfit look great.” Tara replied quietly looking down as if embarrassed by her own words.

“Something I threw on.” Willow smiled looking down to notice that in her panic she’d totally forgotten socks and shoes. “Did you have trouble finding me?” She questioned nervously.

“No, no, just followed the numbering system. They’re kind and p-p-put the numbers on the doors.” Tara grinned softly and pointed over her shoulder to the door.

“Silly me, I forgot about that.” Willow turned to close the door and almost slapped herself for her own stupidity. “Very convenient.” She slid the door closed.

“Is that a n-n-new skirt by the way, I’ve not seen it before.” Tara quickly moved away from her attempt at humour.

“Actually I borrowed it from Buffy.” Willow admitted. “I couldn’t find anything to match my sparkly dog top, and well I wanted to match.”

“He’s so cute.” Tara had to physically restrain herself from reaching out and touching the dog transfer on the baby blue cotton. As she restrained herself she had to remind herself of exactly what the situation was here. ‘Shy witch and straight girl.’ She underlined pointedly in her head for reference and sanity’s sake.

‘Oh and that other little secret.’ Part of her mind jibed at her as Willow spoke. She blinked and ignored it focusing instead on her Willow’s comment.

“He used to sparkle more till Buffy decided to be helpful and do the laundry.” Willow laughed lightly.

“I don’t own anything sparkly.” Tara commented. “So I’m in awe no matter how ‘less sparkly’ he may be.” Her smile shifted into a lopsided one.

“Well then we’ll have to get you something sparkly, there is a crazy store down in the mall where they sell all kinds. They had one with a cat on it, it was pink, we can match.” Willow enthused going over to sit on the bed.

“I like cats.” Tara couldn’t think of anything else to say really. The thought that Willow would want to go shopping with her had tripped her thought pattern up slightly.

“Well can the RW club expand to shopping? Or is that outside of club policy?” Willow checked when she really didn’t hear an agreement to her carefully planned out invitation. She’d been trying to figure out a way to get to see more of the blonde witch, and well shopping had seemed the most likely next step.

“I’m not sure we got round to writing the policy, I seem to remember getting a little caught up in the logo.” Tara replied and then stopped herself. “Oh by the way.” She moved over and eased the pile of books she carried onto the desk nearest her. “I laminated the book marks.” She flicked open the top cover and pulled out two thin slivers of card each with a hole punched in one end. A green and blue ribbon through each was neatly braided to make the bookmarks tail.

“Super cool.” Willow grinned and accepted her bookmark. “We’re so official now.” She smoothed her hand down over the silky braid.

“I made you president.” Tara enthused motioning for Willow to turn the bookmark over.

On the reverse side, away from the large Soda Machine with ‘Real Witches’ taking the place of the logo on the metal, was a picture of Willow with the words President under her. Beneath that was a shot of Tara.

“I hope you’re Co-President.” Willow turned it over still grinning.

“S-S-Secretary.” She pointed out pointing to the word on the small slip of laminated card.

“Mmmmm nice picture.” Willow was momentarily distracted by the sunny smiling shot of the blonde in a revealing purple top. ‘Whoa!’ Willow’s mind shut down. ‘Where exactly where you looking?’

“O-O-Of you, isn’t it?” Tara nodded. “I got it from the introduction photographs.”

“You, not me.” Willow looked up trying to temper the hotness she felt in her cheeks. “I look silly.”

“No, no.” Tara stressed. “No see you have that smile, and those bright eyes...” She shifted her finger slightly on the bookmark so that she pointed out Willow’s features as she mentioned them.

“Not as bright as yours.” The hacker countered pointing to Tara’s blue sparkling eyes.

“I think that’s probably c-c-camera flash.” Tara pulled her hand back and closed the book that she’d kept the markers in somewhat awkwardly.

“No, see cause it’s there right now.” Willow shook her head. “Look sparkles, I can see you.” She giggled and smiled not wanting to blonde to ever believe she wasn’t the most beautiful thing on earth.

“I like the way they turned out.” Unable to cope with the flutter that Willow’s attentions caused in her heart and stomach, Tara again shift the focus back to the bookmarks.

“I wish I had a present for you.” Willow ran her hand over the smooth laminated surface. “This is so great.”

‘Oh Willow just being here is the best present of all.’ Tara’s heart sung out so loudly that the Wicca could have almost sworn it was audible.

“I d-d-don’t need a present.” She covered blushing slightly.

“Well I sort of have a present.” Willow reached under the bed. “I borrowed this from Giles, I know how much you wanted to read it.” She handed the book over for the blonde’s inspection.

“Oh Willow.” The air literally seeped out of Tara’s lungs as she took the volume from the smaller girl. “This is amazing, a-a-are you sure I can borrow it?” She asked glancing up from the age worn pages.

“Yep, for as long as you need too.” Willow grinned so very happy that she’d pushed the extra bit to twist Giles’ arm and get the book.

“Oh thank you so much, makes my bookmarks seem a little silly.” She noted closing the book and running her hand over and over the leather cover.

“No way, world class bookmark here.” Willow reached back. “Going to keep it safe here in my journal.” She tucked the cardboard carefully into her navy suede journal.

“So w-w-w-what did you want to do tonight?” Tara asked trying to sound casual and hating the fact that she stuttered.

“We could try something from the book.” Willow motioned tucking her journal back under her pillow. “Or just watch TV or whatever.” She smiled nervously.

“Right.” Tara smiled back equally nervously. Eventually she pulled the chair out from the desk she had put the books down on and sat down. “W-W-W-We’re staying in though, yes?” She asked glancing over at Willow.

“If you want too... I mean there is the Bronze.” Willow listed the dance club rather reluctantly.

“I’ve n-n-n-never been there, some time maybe but not tonight, I mean…” She panicked suddenly. “If you want to…”

“Not tonight.” Willow nodded. “But some night, I’ll take you. It’s okay, just you have to be in the mood.” She underlined softly slipping down the bed a bit closer to the blonde’s chair. “What do you want to do Madam Secretary?” She smiled.

“Well we could do some spells.” Tara hoped her breathing didn’t change noticeably as Willow inched just slightly closer.

“Spells are great, we’re really good at spells.” Willow nodded looked to the books. “Anything you wanted to try?”

“I think that should be your choice.” Tara looked up with a smile. “Madam president.” She giggled.

“Mmmmm... Do you think we’re ready for the star meditation?” Willow bit her lip knowing it was a slightly advanced spell.

“I’m not sure.” Tara looked equally unsure. “We don’t want to rush things.”

“Ummmm... we could do the crystal float again. Just to strengthen, if you don’t want to try it.” Willow rubbed her toe into the carpet. “I mean if you don’t feel that we’re ready.”

“No, no it’s just that that spell requires a lot of concentration, and I know you’ve had mid term paper recently.” Tara pointed out her reasons more clearly. “And last time you were at my dorm you left early because you were tired remember.” The Wicca outlined softly.

“Oh that.” Willow laughed softly. “Well paper is all done and I got a full ten hours of sleep last night which is lots for me.”

“If you’re paper is all out of the way you sh-sh-should be celebrating.” The blonde pointed out smiling.

“I am.” Willow bobbed her head back and forth. “It’s not even club night.” She noted. “And we’re having a meeting.” Tara laughed softly.

“I love how you get excited by the littlest things...” Tara said without thinking. “That is, I like that about you, you’re freedom of e-e-expression.” She stuttered horribly in the cover up.

“It’s called babbling, and if they gave out awards for it I would have won so many they would have retired my babbling number or whatever it is they do in sports when you’re really super good at something.” Willow blushed. “Not that babbling is something that good, mostly I just say too much and get across to little and oh my I’m doing it again.”

“I like the babble.” Tara said simply and honestly, she gave Willow a warm look.

“Good thing.” Willow giggled at herself. “I have this habit of doing it when I’m excited... or happy... or...” She stopped herself. “Oh you know.” She rubbed her toe into the carpet again.

Tara nodded that she did indeed know as she shifted slightly in her chair to look back at the desk. Not meaning to pry in anyway, just that the array of photographs and knickknacks caught her eye.

“Goodness you had long hair.” Tara’s eyes stopped on a photograph of the redhead. “Really long hair.”

“Yeah, I wanted to look more grown up.” She reached up playing with a red curl. “So I cut it.”

“It looks lov... really nice, both ways.” Tara glanced quickly over to the redhead and back to the photographs.

“Have you always had yours long?” Willow questioned softly. She had noticed any pictures in the blonde’s room.

“Yes.” Tara nodded that she had while continuing to look, “Oh and this is you and...” Tara’s mind and heart literally came to a stand still as her eyes fell on a framed picture of Willow in the arms of a small light haired man.

“Oh... that’s Oz.” Willow knew the picture the blonde had picked up without even looking.

“O-O-Oz?” Tara questioned raising an eyebrow hearing the stutter and the waver in her own voice made her cringe inside.

“Funny story about Oz.” Willow slumped a little. “I loved him, he’s a werewolf and he left for Tibet.” She couldn’t find a word to babble with if she’d been paid too.

“Oh Willow I’m sorry.” Tara turned away from the desk hating the sinking feeling inside her own stomach, but she felt worse for any pain she may have caused the redhead. “Did you s-s-say w-w-werewolf?” She gasped when the second important fact Willow had given her in the brief sentence registered fully.

“He got bit.” Willow frowned.

“Oh.” Tara said trying to understand.

“I wanted to tell you about him... and now it’s coming out all heartbroken wrong and important... and it’s not anymore well not really cause I don’t have a choice and I used to want one but now I don’t...” Willow took a breath and words finally began spilling out. “And he doesn’t matter anymore.”

“I’m sure he does.” Tara said softly. “Did you talk about him leaving for Tibet?” She asked trying to block out the pain the whole discussion was causing her heart.

“No, he just left.” Willow tapped her heels together staring down at the carpet.

“Oh.” Tara felt the small word escape her again realising that it was fast becoming her most commonly used word. “Does he write?”

“He doesn’t anything to me.” Willow looked up slowly shaking red curls lightly around her head. “It’s okay though... I mean I have other things now... in my life....” She brightened slightly. “Like our club.” She tacked on trying not to be obvious.

‘Cause it’s the only thing I look forward too.’ Willow admitted to herself honestly not stopping herself as she focused instead on ignoring the pain that was the memory of losing Oz. ‘I only look forward to spending time with you.’

“I’m glad I can help you cope with the missing him thing.” Tara tried to rally her strength and come up with a positive statement.

“You do, so much, it’s like not even missing him anymore...” Willow tried and then realised how horrible that sounded. “I don’t think about him when I’m with you.” She tried again.

“Is it er... long?” Tara tried to ask tactfully. “Since he left I mean.” She clarified.

“A few months.” Willow realised for the first time in along time she couldn’t count it down in days.

“I’m sorry.” Tara said honestly.

“Its not you’re fault.” Willow shook her head. “We all get our heart broke right, just one of those things. Buffy keeps telling me to hang in there, someone else will come along and I’ll be even more in love with them.”

“No I know b-b-but you look very much in love in the photograph.” Tara pointed out softly. “She’s probably right.” She tacked onto the end of her sentence.

“Have you ever had your heart broke?” Willow asked softly.

“Yes.” Tara looked down and played with her necklace

“Who?” Willow questioned her voice still gentle, though she wasn’t sure where she had found the courage to ask.

“You don’t want to hear my sob stories, story.” She corrected herself shaking her head softly, her head dipping forward more.

“Yes, yes I do.” Willow shifted over boldly, kneeling down in front of the blonde’s chair.

“N-N-N-No you don’t.” She shook her head again. How could she tell this lovely young woman, who so obviously adored her boyfriend before he broke her heart, that the last person to break hers was a girl called Tasha?

“You can trust me.” Willow misjudged her hesitancy. “I won’t tell anyone else.”

“I know I can trust you Willow.” Tara looked up slightly, “It’s just it was a while ago now and…” She hesitated again.

“Oh I’m sorry, you don’t want to talk about it.” Willow pushed back on her knees, staying low on the carpet though she leaned back on the bed frame.

“No its not that either, it’s just it was very different.” Tara looked up at Willow desperate for her not to get the wrong impression. Not to get the idea that it was in some way her fault that Tara was being so, cagey. “There was no lycanthropy, no running off to Tibet.” She explained a little more.

“I don’t understand how anyone could ever break your heart and still be able to live with themselves.” Willow ran her hand over the carpet lightly as she glanced up to blue eyes trying to urge on the other Wicca’s explanation.

“I think I did most of the breaking.” Tara admitted sadly. “You see there was just me, going away to college, and…” She stopped and took a light breath glancing up as Willow looked up. “And Natasha.” She breathed.

“Natasha?” Willow sucked in the other girl’s name with a whistled breath. Her greatest fear and biggest hope had all possibly been fulfilled in one name, but she had to be sure. Tara’s head dropped again as she nodded.

‘Well done Maclay, there’s the door!’ Tara’s subconscious growled.

“She didn’t want you to come to school?” Willow questioned carefully.

“She begged me to stay.” Tara kept her eyes downwards. “But I couldn’t.” The Wicca made a move that could have been either a shiver from the slight chill in the air, or a shudder against something more chilling.

“You loved her thought right?” Willow’s hand stilled on the carpet, as she looked up at the blonde able to see sad blue eyes with their position. “You didn’t leave because you didn’t love her, just that you had to go.”

Silently Tara caught the green eyes and nodded.

‘Why wasn’t Willow throwing her out yet?’ She frowned slightly under the still steadfast gaze.

“Sounds a lot like lycanthropy and Tibet.” Willow smiled sadly.

“Except I’m the werewolf.” Tara agreed in a whisper.

“Do you still love her?” Willow asked back her voice also quiet.

“I can’t let myself.” She answered the redhead’s question honestly.

The hacker nodded softly as she pushed herself up and straightened out her skirt. She knew somehow before she even started to move that the blonde would stay very still, just where she was, almost if petrified to move. Willow wished that Tara could know deep in her heart, just as she did, that there was nothing to be afraid of, not when it came to her.

“Thank you for telling me.” Willow whispered and leaned down slowly pressing her warm lips to Tara’s chilly cheek.

“D-D-Do you want me to go?” Tara asked though there was no volume in her voice as all the breath had been taken from her lungs when Willow had kissed her cheek. She just wanted to press herself into the other woman’s arms and hold her.

“Of course not.” Willow’s body stayed slightly hunched over as she reached up and traced her finger down the blonde’s cheek.

“There’s an old black and white movie on that I love, we can make popcorn.” She tried to underline that she didn’t want Tara to go, that was the last thing she wanted.

Tara let a shiver run through her body at Willow’s tender touch.

“You help me to you know.” She said softly, lifting her eyes to look into green. “Being with you makes the pain go away.” She explained.

“Like its not there anymore, so far away.” Willow smiled and pushed herself off towards the microwave. She wished so much she could say more, do more but her mind and her body needed time to recover, time to digest and think. It was enough to know right now that maybe, just maybe all the hurly whirly things that were going around in her cluttered little mind was something that Tara understood.

“I have chips in my dorm. Do you want me to run and get them?” Tara asked watching every move the redhead made away from her.

“We could go for a walk and get them if you want chips.” Willow turned back with the popcorn bag in her hand. “Unless you want to leave?” She frowned as she suddenly clued into the fact that she might be missing completely the fact the blonde wanted go. Get away from the insane redhead witch with an ex boyfriend who was a werewolf and who kept looking at her with goo-goo eyes.

“I like popcorn.” She said simply not moving in the slightest.

“We can have chips on Friday.” Willow nodded and turned as little as possible to turn the microwave on.

“Perfect.” Tara actually smiled. “Mind if I move to the bed? I like to be comfy to watch the TV.” She asked softly as the redhead worked trying to organise things in her own head, though she knew for a fact that it was partially useless. The facts were that she’d just outed herself to the woman she was hopelessly in love with, while at the same time telling that woman that she was exactly like her werewolf ex who had just up and left her. Just how did one ‘organise’ that?

“The controller is there on the side.” Willow pointed to the small black box and looked back at the popcorn timer, wondering how long they’d just been staring at each other when the counter hit three, two one. Carefully she poured the steaming snack into a large bowl and moved back over to the bed.

“Do you want your own bowl or can we share comfy?’ She looked at her single bed that the blonde was sitting on.

“Either I don’t mind, though sharing is fun.” Tara realised enough to think that maybe Willow needed her to at least make some decisions.

“It is...” Willow grinned and pushed up one knee onto the bed. “So scoot over.” She encouraged pushing her body onto the small mattress beside Tara and holding the bowl on her knee.

Laughing softly Tara did just that. She eased off her dark pumps and curled up into a smaller sitting position, with her legs underneath her.

“Better?” She checked reaching out and taking two pieces of the still steaming popcorn.

“Perfect.” Willow smiled trying to hide how fast her heart was beating now that they were close together again. “It’s a really old sci-fi, I hope you like them.”

“Willow, about Tasha.” Tara spoke softly as the redhead reached out and flicked on the TV while explaining about the sci-fi flick. “Are you okay about the fact that she was... that I am...” The blonde stopped and shook her head chastising herself for making such a mess of this. She partly wondered whether the one of the reasons for her worse than normal nervousness, was the fact that with Willow this close she could smell her perfume and feel the heat from the redhead’s body.

“Yes.” Willow couldn’t believe that with all her usual wordiness she summed up everything with the simple word. “I want to know everything about you Tara Maclay.” She added softly her own senses also becoming acutely aware that the room was not just filled with the scent of fresh popcorn, but something lighter that Willow drank in by the lungful happily.

“Well firstly I’m a popcorn hog.” Tara chuckled as she dug her hand into the bowl, pulling out some of the puffed corn while spilling as much onto Willow’s knee and bedspread. “And secondly, I have never seen this movie in my life.” She grinned.

“Well then next time I’ll buy more popcorn and you’re in for a treat, I can recite the dialogue.” Willow laughed grinned back she felt every weight in the world lift away.

The End for Now…

Post subject: Re: Bookmarks and Boomsticks (Part Two)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:25 pm 
That was great! I can't wait for more...

They are so cute together! :)

More soon, please?

-Aimee

"Hey Will, this is me. It doesn't all have to be good and fine. This is the room where you don't have to be brave. I still love you. If you're worried, you can be worried." -Tara to Willow in ep. 603 Afterlife

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:46 pm 
Awww, I love this. So adorable. Waiting for more.

-----------------
Because he's with Willow. And if something ... happened, I'd know.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:07 pm 
*singing and dancing around like a lunatic*

I love this, I love this, la la la la laaaaa la.

*looks at other kittens oddly*

What? I do!

JD

Helen: "What makes you happy?"
Jessica: "Nothing. I'm not."
(Kissing Jessica Stein)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:28 pm 
heya,

great update, i love this fic, the way willow and tara act around each other is soo realistic its great! keep writing!

love ellie x x x x

*thats me as a vampire im so evil and skanky and i think im kinda gay*

*no candles? well i brought one its extra flamey!*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:14 pm 
And who said a little gentle encouragement doesn't work :D Thanks for continuing with this fic it is so sweet to read :) I loved the whole bookmark exchange part.

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:01 pm 
*sigh* They're just so darn cute together. Makes a person all warm and tingly inside to read this. :)

--------------------------------

"Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind." - Glory

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:45 pm 
Thanks for continuing this. It is a joy to see them in their early courting time. Interesting background you have for Tara especially as it contrasts with Willow's. It is so sweet and slow, I am really enjoying this, here's to more :)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:36 pm 
Excellent! I love the early relationship fics. Um, Beth and Kath, since you're here, I was wondering - do you have any plans for continuing the Circle series and "The Letting Go"?

Life is full of changes...The better you are at letting go of things, the freer your hands will be to catch something new. ~from Off The Map by Joan Ackerman
"It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured before passing out. ~from "Answering Darkness" by Sassette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:35 am 
That was so sweet. They're both so insecure about how they feel. But time spent together will strengthen the bond, so I'm glad they have their club!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next