The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fic: The Spirit Room (no pun intended)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:39 pm 
Yes you read the title right!!

Okay so here's the deal, because I’m a manic Michelle Branch fan, I thought I’d write a series of 12 mini stories including the prologue, each one named after a song on the album now they are all written and everything but for it all to make sense so here’s the first one...

And hey we’ll have broken bracelet next, lol, that was a joke but if I feel up to it then yeah!!! I’ll see how well theses go down first, lol

Author: Me!

Disclaimer: Joss owns all and Maverick owns the Pinched song titles... hush!

Rating: PG-13

Spoilers: they are in an alternate dimension so there'll be references to some season six eps up to all the way but mild ones at that.

Feedback: would be really cool but be gentle, its my first one on here.

Prologue

Willow Rosenberg strolled to the magic box hand in hand with her lover, Tara Maclay. As they casually mad their way to the store an old lady appeared in front of them as if from nowhere,

“You two! You are the witches,” The woman croaked flailing her arms around over enthusiastically.

“W... what?” Tara asked puzzled and hesitantly.

“Hey Missus, what are you a Salem with judge? ‘Cause look at you! And please, sssh!” Willow shushed, but the woman didn’t care she carried on regardless.

“Ah, the prophecy at last, this months stars!” The woman chanted to the sky, “At last!”

Willow and Tara looked at each other with worry and confusion all rolled into one.

The woman chanted, “I see the power in these two!

The power’s shone from me to you,

For all couples soon to face doom and gloom,

I send ye to the spirit room!” The woman’s hands glowed emerald green and it shot out of her palms, hitting willow and Tara and zapping them far away.

Willow awoke with her head tingling and dizziness taking over her sight. She shrugged it off and looked to her side to see her lover Tara lying next to her. Tara stood up with Willow and they looked around. They were in a red room with ceiling being the sky, but no wind or anything was felt form the peering atmosphere above. On the far wall were ten keyholes and there were ten doors on the wall behind them opposite that.

“I have a really silly question,” Tara mumbled as she looked around.

“Where are we?” Willow asked before comprehending the words Tara said.

“Or maybe not that stupid,” Tara giggled in her head, “ I don’t know, the woman said something about a spirits room.

“No, the spirit room, look, look at that door!” Willow said half excited.

“Which one? There are ten!” Tara asked puzzled still.

“Not those doors, the one alone on the other wall!” Willow pointed, still excited.

“Oh yeah, ‘welcome to the Spirit Room’ so it sounds like that’s the door in, so maybe it’s the door out,” Tara walked to the door and tried to open it, it was locked.

“There’s no use trying it that way!” said a haunting and enchanting voice from the shadows.

“Who said that?” Tara asked looking around.

“You can’t see me,” The voice came again.

“Who are you?” Willow frowned she looked around as if she was trying to see who was saying it.

“I’m Harmony,” The voice said.

“Harmony? Harmony Kendall?” Willow asked it obviously wasn’t the harmony she knew but the name was quite unusual.

“No, silly, I’m really Harmonious Harmonichartar of the Clefmorgan clan,” The voice giggled, temporarily losing her edge and giggling like a child.

“So what are we doing here?” Willow asked not clear on her reason for being zapped to the room in the first place.

“You have been sent here by one of my helpers, I can sense trouble ahead in you and I can see the love and the power in the both of you, I beg you not to disuse it because there is troubled waters ahead and this experience is going to help you to see the love you share,” Harmony rambled, haunting and somehow upsetting Willow and Tara with her words.

“Troubled Waters?” Willow asked, processing what Harmony said.

“Disuse?” Tara mumbled.

“Anyway girls, lets get down to the bony stony shall we? There are ten doors on that wall, go through then to retrieve a key, put that in the keyhole and when all the keyholes are filled with keys, a clue will be given to an overall secret which you have to decipher to go home,” Harmony stated the rules of the ‘game’.

“All that?” Willow asked.

“What happens if we don’t?” Tara asked wanting to know the consequences.

“The you will be sent to other ends of the world and will have to live without each other, you will have no memory of each other but the something that each of you filled in each other’s lives will be lost and never be found, so, what are you waiting for? Open the first door, it doesn’t matter in which order, just open one,” Harmony instructed.

Willow and Tara held hands, clasping hard. They went over to the doors and looked at them.

“You choose,” Tara said to willow.

“No, um, okay lets do them in order, you open it and I will go in first,” Willow’s nerves obstructed her mind and she couldn’t concentrate. Tara obeyed the commands of her lover and reached for the handle of the door. She turned it slowly and opened it slowly, Willow walked near to the gap and walked through into the light from behind the door, and Tara followed her inside, into the madness and the unpredictable torment that could encounter them.

apologies for any mistakes, everywhere is up soon so you don't get bored and they are only short.

Post subject: Re: Fic: The Spirit Room (no pun intended)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 9:18 pm 
This is interesting, i'd like to read more and see what this is all about.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Everything is turning out so dark..."

"No, it's okay. Lost is good. Willow and I always know how to find each other!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 12:12 pm 
When is the next update? Good job with the story!

-Will

-----------------------------------------------------

"Hear that baby? You're my always."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:51 am 
cool you posted 'em!

have you written the rest yet? cuz if not thats what english lessons are for ;) you can let me beta read 'em all for you as well cuz you made your usual typing errors, lol. btw does the 'b' and 'h' work any better on your daft keyboard now? i 'member the fun last summer trying to get 'em to work... but thats enough from me... hurry up and post the next ones!

~ Hannah ~

Visit My Collective Creative Crap

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:03 pm 
Some good ideas in here; you've certainly got a love of the characters and that's a great start.

If I may offer a couple of tips...yes yes, Miss Bloody Psycho Pep Squad strikes again...

I'm all for the fic you see. All for the friggin' fic...

Anyway, I notice that the main thrust of your story is dialogue, and the interaction between characters. That in itself is great, as long rambly narrative (like mine, ahem) tends to often distract the reader from what's going on.

However, you might want to try adding a few lines of narrative for each line spoken. Even if it's just something like the tone of voice, or body language, or movements or something like that.

At the start of each scene, you might want to open with a brief description of where the action takes place. I'm a one for the weather myself, heh heh. Yeah, I know. British pastime...

I hope this helps a little.

And here endeth Fic Writing 101. :rolleyes

----------
Hey Grrrrlfriend! Yoo hoo! Over here! It's me...Flaming Joel!