The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shadowed Edge
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:15 pm 
Title: Shadowed Edge

Author: Taras Shadow - hollynight03@yahoo.ca

Disclaimer: Contains much of the reality issues young adults face. Pressure, relationships, enemies...and yes, strict parents. Deals with mild substance abuse, violence (not so much) strong course language.

Rating: Strong R.

Characters: All belong to me and me alone. :)

Summary: Takes Place at an All Girls Catholic School where trouble brews between three circle of friends. This story deals with real life matters drug/alcohol abuse and it does share some nature of the same sex relationship briefly; also deals with pregnancy. Thoughts are in < > Flashbacks are in **

**Note: All characters are 18 or over. The school is a boarding school, but for college students.

PART ONE

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Art?" A small petite blonde looked at one of the school's best art student's.

"Well yeah, you know, all things beautiful." A dark brunette replied back.

"Scarlette, art? Not a perfect theme for the fall festival." Jaime laughed.

"Well maybe it's not, but art wasn't going to be the theme." Scarlette Kyle said cleaning off her paintbrushes.

"Oh? Then what was your theme?"

"Autumn…what else?" Scarlette continued to do her cleaning.

"Right then." Jaime smiled. "Autumn is good…what colours are you going to use?"

Scarlette rolled her eyes and sighed. "I don't know Jaime, why don't you give me a description and tell me everything you want done…okay?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Bryce, I'm trying to work here." Anna Ashby giggled as her boyfriend kept poking her in the ribs during her studying at the public library.

"Okay fine." Bryce pulled away. "Are we still on for tonight?"

"Of course…like I'd miss THE party."

"My mom is going out of town again…so you know, we can always go back to my place and crash." Bryce flashed his hazel eyes at his girlfriend.

"Bryce, that line is so old, and besides, your definition of crash isn't exactly what you have in mind."

"I just think that maybe we're both ready."

"Mr. Sandso, Miss Ashby, I don't mind you two whispering but please, public libraries are suppose to be quiet." The librarian said.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"I'm sorry okay? Can I just go to my room now?" Emelia stood at the bottom of the stairs facing her mother.

"I found this in your bedroom?" Mrs. Michaels held up a small pipe. "Do you think I'm stupid? Do you think that I'd really let you go to your room?"

"That's not even mine!" Em stomped her foot in frustration.

"Just…wait in the living room until your father gets home from work."

"Ugh! Whatever…I don't need this." Emelia grabbed her denim coat and walked out the door, slamming it behind her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Jesus Christ Em, what's up with you?" Aly smirked at her best friend.

"I hate it at home. My parents are too good! It's disgusting." Emelia grabbed a lighter out of her best friend's pocket. "You mind if I crash here again?" She flicked the lighter on and began to play with the flame before lighting her smoke.

Aly shook her head no and smiled. "Of course not, but aren't you getting sick of sharing the same mattress?"

"And what? Miss my Aly snuggles? I don't mind sharing a bed…not at all." Emelia purred causing Aly to laugh and move closer. "I promise I won't crash here again without a twenty-four hour notice."

"No, it's fine Em. Really, it gets lonely here."

Emelia looked around the small shack. You could've sworn the place was made for a tiny person; one room that didn't have a door, just a blanket thrown over the threshold. "So, where are the guys?"

"Out somewhere…on a run I guess…you know, getting the goods." Aly played with the hem of her best friend's shirt.

"Sweet." Emelia grinned and watch as Aly's hands mapped out the bottom of her shirt. "Having fun?" She watched Aly grinned and nod slowly, biting her bottom lip.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Miss Ashby, I do believe you're late…again." Mrs. Vertigo stood in front of the class.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry…I got so caught up in my studying that I didn't realize class had begun." Anna took her seat quietly.

"Alright, but if it happens once more, I'm sending you to the head master."

"Oh, Anna got in trouble." Samantha Linden whispered in Anna's ear. "Got side tracked with a certain boyfriend."

Anna smirked. "Why Sam, whatever do you mean?"

"You know damn well what I mean."

"I was studying."

"Anatomy?" Sam winked and turned her attention back to Mrs. Vertigo.

Anna snickered and opened her book. "Did I miss much?" Anna whispered.

"Yeah, but I wasn't paying attention. But you could always ask “miss straight A's” Sam pointed to Scarlette Kyle, who was seated at the front. "She's reliable gal."

"Leave her alone Sam, just because she has brains." Anna said. "I mean, you have brains…but that light switch is never on."

"Defending the quiet one are we?" Sam quirked an eyebrow.

"Well…yeah…we don't know her…" Anna looked at Scarlette again. "But that'll change."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Scarlette sat in the cafeteria, fidgeting with her school skirt. "Damn clothing." She muttered.

"Hey!" Anna sat down across from the brunette.

"Hi…" Scarlette answered back a bit hesitantly.

"I'm Anna…we're in Mrs. Vertigo's English class together."

"Oh yeah, you sit across from Sam." Scarlette smiled lightly. "I'm Scarlette."

Anna smiled fondly. "Yeah, I know… I love the artwork you put up around the school."

Scarlette, not one for compliments or used to them, just nodded her thanks. "Um, so I'm guessing you want the work you missed."

"What? No…can't a girl just come and talk to you?" Anna smiled.

"Sure they can, by all means, but I'm still guessing you want the work… considering you were late and all." Scarlette smiled softly, pulling out her binder sliding it across the table to the other girl.

"Well…thanks?" The blue-eyed beauty smiled warmly. "So…you attending the fall party tonight?"

"Me?" Scarlette shook her head. "No." She softly added.

"Why not? Might be fun."

"Not really my thing…"

"Oh…" Anna paused before looking around at the now crowded cafeteria.

"Your friends are over there." Scarlette pointed towards the big picture window.

"I see them…" Anna grinned, "So, how are you?" She pulled out her lunch and began a light conversation.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Emelia looked over at the small clock above Aly's small fridge. "I ran away and school isn't even out yet!" She threw her head back on the small couch.

"Hey yeah, why don't we go to school?" Aly smirked. "Could be fun."

"Fun and school in the same sentence is so wrong Aly." Em groaned.

"Groaning my name again?" Aly smirked and slapped Em's thigh. "Besides…." She ran and grabbed a small bag from her dresser and threw it at the light brunette. "A little booster."

Emelia grinned when she opened the small bag. "Oh baby, pack your school bag…"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey Sandso!" Aly yelled coming up to the football field with Emelia right by her side.

"Aly, Em, it's about time you showed your faces in school."

"Oh come on Bryce, like you missed us anyways, too busy sucking face with that little school girl." Aly sat on the bleachers, lighting up a cigarette.

"Yeah, how is she anyways?" Emelia grinned, taking Aly's smoke from you, winking slightly.

"Hey!" Aly looked at her best friend and scowled playfully.

Emelia shrugged and smiled taking a puff, looking back at Bryce. "She puttin' out?" She exhaled, a smirk tugging at her lips.

Bryce smiled. "And why the hell would I share my personal life with you?"

"Well you didn't mind sharing some things…" Emelia wiggled her eyebrows up down, while Aly made a disgusted face.

"What happened over a year and a half ago…" Bryce started.

"Oh please, I'm over it." Em smirked, waving her hand slightly.

"Right, I forgot about your more than-thou-boyfriend, Tyson. Tell me, did he ever recover from his last O.D.?" Bryce smiled smugly, looking at the two girls in front of him.

"Fuck you Sandso." Aly spat.

"Defending your girlfriend?" Bryce laughed.

Emelia flipped the bird, "At least she's putting out." Her and Aly left the field, heading towards the school.

"What did you ever see in him?" Aly whispered, looking back Bryce.

"Trust me…not much." Em laughed.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"So where in the dormitory do you stay?" Anna asked, walking outside with Scarlette. After finishing their lunch, Anna and Scarlette had a spare for that day and decided to spend it talking with each other. Now that school was out, Anna was on her way home to get herself ready for the party.

"Oh, right wing, second floor." Scarlette smiled, clutching her notebook to her chest.

"I'm on the left wing, first floor. Explains why we haven't really bumped into each other besides in the actual school." Anna smiled. "So where are you from anyways?"

"Starus."

"Hey, that's like, three hours away from here. "Anna said, looking over at her new friend. "I'm from here."

"Really? That's cool. I mean, you don't have to worry about travelling and stuff on holidays." Scarlette stopped in the front entrance to her dorm building. "My stop."

"Are you sure you don't want to come to the party tonight?" Anna asked in a hopeful voice. "You do know that our weekends are our time… free passes. That is if you're parents signed you up for `em."

Scarlette smiled lightly. "My parents did sign up for the free passes, and thank you, but I think I'm just going to stay in tonight."

Anna shrugged and grinned. "Can't hurt me for trying, I'll guess I'll see you around? I had fun today."

"Me too, and yes, I'll be around." Scarlette watched Anna move slowly away, giving a final wave, she took off into the building.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Holly~ :heart

"I've got this ache, and I thought it was for sex, but it's to tear everything to fucking pieces." Ginger - Ginger Snaps

"I am a tongue whore...you gave me tongue, what am I supposed to do...sit back and keep my mouth shut?" -Me-

"I know who you really are...you're the one who cries when you're alone." - Where Will You Go? - Evanescence

Edited by: Taras Shadow  at: 1/11/04 5:34 pm

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 1/?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:51 pm 
Dude!

This one is a complicated one...I mean so many different charachters and well...I have to write the names down on my list (sh....it's 12:45am...I'm confused:p ) then connect everything:p And I read it before:p I will connect all the dots eventually!!! I believe in you:p to lead me thru my confusion:p

My brain is working hence I'm loving it (ops...just wrote loing.. :lol ).

Waiting to read more..oh wait...I do have it:p

Waiting to see more here:p ;) and I'll do it tomorrow:grin

Love you dude!

:peace :heart

M.

:sleepy and if I don't make any sense...that's because that little green face is me:p

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

"I want to go back to...Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all.."(c) Evanescence

"I'm sorry..."- Me " You are NOT sorry" -Holly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:44 pm 
*sighs* My fave fic on the planet. I just hope other people will enjoy this story as much as I do. Holly you are the Almighty Writer. *bows* *hands you grapes on a platter* Am I sucking up for updates? Me? :D

~Scarlette~ :flower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:20 am 
This looks like a good story. You've got a lot of interesting characters, so it'll be funt o see how their stories interact with each other.

I'm looking forward to reading more.

If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it's done. - Scott Adams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:40 am 
Holly, this is soo godd, I love it so far..and I can't wait for more :flower Love sammi xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:48 pm 
wow what a start...its to early er late to go into all the details but I liked it and can’t wait to read more!!

Gina

----------

"I wish they would only take me as I am." ~~~ Vincent Van Gogh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:56 am 
Hellooo Holly! :bigwave

Gimme a sec.

*furiously jots down all the different names*

Ok there, done ;) Big cast of characters in this story but I'm lovin' it, you have brought out the personalities of all the characters well. You have brought out the chemistry between them very well, some friendships and possibly relationships in the mix I see ;) So keep up the great work girl, I can't wait to see how this turns out :D

Oh, before I forget...

*throws a WOW into the mix*

And by the way Holly, ya know.. I wouldn't mind if you decided to update like say... soonish, maybe even possibly now.. :whistle but then again, I can wait... :flirt no honest, I really can wait :D

Cassie xx

My whole life I've loved only one person, that person was you

Edited by: intricate mirage at: 1/11/04 6:01 am

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:14 pm 
:bigwave :bigwave

HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

*holly groupie in the house step back give me room WOO HOO *

I love this Fic to heh wicked kool writing Hun , and lol Marina no worries I had to write them all down to :whistle

:hmm This is very interesting how its going so far tho hope to read more soon please :pray :p ray

Luv April :pride :kitty

CCR!!!!!!! heh

Post subject: Shadowed Edge 2/?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:11 pm 
All lovely Kittens :) Thank you for the wonderful feedback, hopefully all the characters and surroundings don't confuse you too much. Enjoy this next update... and it's a strong R...language and such. :)

Disclaimer: Contains much of the reality issues young adults face. Pressure, relationships, enemies...and yes, strict parents. Deals with mild substance abuse, violence (not so much) strong course language.

Characters: All belong to me and me alone.

Summary: Takes Place at an All Girls Catholic School where trouble brews between three circle of friends. This story deals with real life matters drug/alcohol abuse and it does share some nature of the same sex relationship briefly; also deals with pregnancy. Thoughts are in < > Flashbacks are in **

PART TWO

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey Baby." Tyson came up behind Emelia and kissed her neck.

"Hey." Em giggled. "Where did you guys go? Mexico?"

"Yeah right! Big L wasn't home so Ty and I drove around and found out that Miss Everett is throwing a party tonight." Dave, Tyson's best friend, said. "But hey, got the goods. Let's see…pick your choice ladies."

Em and Aly rummaged through the stash on the coffee table. "Let's see here, mary's, valu'um , acid?" Em nodded lightly and continued to go through the stash. "Heroin, Coke…?" She threw the stuff down. "Going hardcore?"

"Em, it came with the deal, and who am I to refuse a deal?" Tyson smirked.

"Well fuck, couldn't you at least score Em and I some E?" Aly said as Em reached over her to grab her drink.

"Yeah! Ecstasy would've been great for the party." Em said as Aly made her head comfortable in her lap.

"No worries, I've got some." Dave smiled. "Now go get ready so we can crash that place."

"Yes, lets go and find how many little `school' girls we can find that actually party." Em snickered.

"Oh Em, wear that leather bodice you have." Aly winked.

"Yeah right…" Emelia laughed, "And make the other girl jealous?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Anna, your boyfriend's waiting in the lobby, talking to Sister MaGrey, maybe you should save him." Samantha said walking into the room her and Anna shared.

"Great…" Anna muttered. "She's going to be giving him the whole `premarital sex' speech, yet again." She grabbed her purse and coat. "See you there?"

"Yeah. I'll be there in about an hour." Sam grinned and waved.

Anna made her way down into the lobby where her boyfriend stood with Sister MaGrey. "Sister MaGrey, Bryce, how are you?"

"Good thank you." The sister smiled. "Anna Ashby, you have yourself one fine young man. God always knows what is best for young women, especially the ones here at St. Theresa's All Girls Catholic Boarding School."

Thankfully she was only one out of three Sisters that taught at the school. It could've been a lot stricter otherwise. "Yes ma'am, now if you excuse us, we have a place to be." Anna smiled taking Bryce's hand.

"Alright, please let the headmaster know when you'll be back and remember, 3:00pm Sunday is curfew."

Anna smiled warmly at the older woman. "Bye Sister MaGray." Her and Bryce strolled out the door hand in hand.

"Aren't you supposed to tell the headmaster?" Bryce asked.

"Did earlier…way ahead of you." Anna grinned.

Bryce pulled back and let his eyes drift up and down his girlfriend's body, "May I say that you look utterly stunning?"

"Yes you may."

"You look utterly stunning." Bryce smiled and leaned down, placing a soft kiss on Anna's lips.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"How is that getting ready?" Emelia turned to her side and traced circles on Tyson's stomach.

"It's not, but have to admit, that was good."

"True," Em smiled and turned to the clock, "The party's gonna start soon…"

"So? We'll make a fashionably late entrance, besides, I'm in no hurry to come face to face with that prick." Tyson sat up and looked at the clothes scattered floor for his clothing.

"Bryce Sandso?" Em questioned, sitting up as well, holding the sheet over her body.

"Yeah, him…does he even deserve to have a name?"

"Look, it's your own fault you got kicked off the team baby," Emelia scooted behind him, "And besides, he'll probably have his girlfriend down his throat to even notice we're there." She placed a kiss on his shoulder.

"You're right, but if he comes anywhere within three feet of you and me…so help me God."

Em laughed. "You? Believe in God? Yeah right!"

"I'm serious Emelia, I don't want him anywhere near you…I mean, us."

"Come on Ty, we go to school with him, if he talks, I can't ignore him." The light brunette grinned, the innocence in her voice made her boyfriend laugh.

"Fine…but no touching."

"Right…like we'd touch…I jus' got my daily dose of lovin'."

"Wouldn't this be your second?" Tyson smirked.

"Whatever do you mean?" Emelia laughed getting out of the bed and throwing on Aly's Jersey.

"I know how you and Aly play…"

Emelia just smirked and continued towards the bathroom. "When Dave and Aly get back from the store, let them know that I'm in the shower."

Tyson watched as Emelia walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Pulling out a small container, he licked his lips. "Speaking of daily dose…"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Anna, Bryce, you made it." Camille Everett opened the large glass door and allowed them to walk inside the light filled room. "Nice skirt Ann, where'd you get it?"

Anna smirked. "Not sure, Bryce bought it."

Bryce blushed slightly and looked at Anna, "It fits perfectly."

Camille grinned at the soft interaction between her two good friends, "Everyone is mostly in the living room." She ushered them to that area. "Is Sam making it?"

"Yeah, she's just finishing her homework." Anna sat down on the couch, and allowed Bryce room to sit next to her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Scarlette sat at her desk painting and drawing. Her weekend was planned already; she'd work on the theme layout for the fall festival, and finish up any extra homework she had to do. After about fifteen minutes of drawing and sketching, Scarlette was brought out of her creative thoughts by a knock at the door. Cleaning her hands from any marker or pencil markings, she quickly opened the door. "Hi…" She stood face to face with a tall brunette. "Samantha, what are you doing here?"

Sam smiled and invited herself in. "Well…I was kind of hoping you could help me with today's homework."

Closing the door, Scarlette rolled her eyes slightly. "I thought maybe Anna would've given the work to you."

"Well she didn't yet, you know with the big party tonight and all…she was busy getting ready."

"Right, and why aren't you there?" Scarlette noticed the make-up on Sam's face and the fashionable clothes she was wearing. "I mean, you look ready to go…"

"Oh, I am, but I have a meeting with my parents at three Sunday, so I'll have no time to get my homework done." Sam smiled innocently.

"And Saturday, tomorrow?"

"Please Scarlette, tonight's the party, after the night is through, tomorrow will be a day to rest. Don't you ever get out?" Sam asked thoughtfully.

"Fine…sit down." Scarlette ignored the other girl's last question and pointed to her bed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Just give us the damn pills." Aly smacked Dave's arm.

"Aly, I don't think you and Em need any more substance." Dave said as he watched the two girls head to the middle of the road and began walking in the along the road lines.

"Like hell we don't and since when did you become Mr. Responsible?" Em yelled over her shoulder, grasping for Aly's hand. "More like Mr. I can't get fucked." Her and Aly snickered.

"Alright, fine, Ty man, you better look out for your woman." Dave pulled out a tiny bag.

"Okay, we'll be good." Aly and Em skipped back towards the two guys. "Oh, Em, look at that pink elephant…" Aly pointed towards Camille's driveway.

"Oh yeah, with a purple tutu." Em waved at the imaginary elephant and looked at Dave, who looked like he was about to yank her and Aly back towards to the shack. "Jesus Dave, calm down, Aly and I were just playin' around." She laughed.

"Funny." Dave snorted.

"Lighten up man, what the hell is your problem?" Tyson asked, putting her arm around Emelia.

"Nothing man, maybe it's me who's tripping."

Aly and Emelia giggled, "Yes, I believe you are."

"Okay, we're here, and ready to party." Tyson and the others walked onto the porch and rang the doorbell.

"Aly…Em, you actually made it…" Camille smiled lightly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC...

Okay, take out your pens and paper... here's a list of characters: Emelia, Scarlette, Anna, Aly, Tyson, Bryce, Samantha, Orlando, Brian, Scott, Jaime, Mr. and Mrs. Michaels, Dave, Sister MaGrey, Camille ... and more in the future. :D

"I was born 'normal'...life made me weird." - Marina

"I am a tongue whore...you gave me tongue, what am I supposed to do...sit back and keep my mouth shut?" -Me-

"I know who you really are...you're the one who cries when you're alone." - Where Will You Go? - Evanescence

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 2/?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:23 pm 
Yes a whole dang list of characters to keep track of. lol. Again, awesome work Holly. Although I already know what happens later on it's nice to read this story from the beginning again. Beautiful work.

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 2/?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:16 pm 
Ms. Taras Shadow!!!!!

Thank you Ms. Taras Shadow:grin

Awww....it was so cute of you to give us characters list!!!!

April, did ya get it?:) Can I copy it? :flirt :flirt

K dude....It's so different from your W/T stories.... You write in some pretty serious issues...Liking it:grin (and I will always read liking as licking....yeap....:p )

Waiting for more:p :flirt :flirt :flirt

M.

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

"I want to go back to...Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all.."(c) Evanescence

Edited by: YMKA at: 1/12/04 5:58 pm

Post subject: Shadowed Edge 3/?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:30 pm 
Thank you Marina and Scarlette on for those you are reading. Enjoy! :D

PART THREE

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Okay, we're here, and ready to party." Tyson and the others walked onto the porch and rang the doorbell.

"Aly…Em, you actually made it…" Camille smiled lightly.

"Sure Camille, and miss one of your parties? Oh…and when the cops come to break it up…classic." Em winked.

"And also, we couldn't help but check out how many of the school girls will get drunk and pass out before nine." Aly grabbed a drink for her and Emelia.

"They aren’t just school girls Aly, they’re young adults." Camille raised an eyebrow.

"Well, well, well if it isn't the two girlfriends." Bryce came up and grabbed a cup for the punch bowl.

"Aww…if it isn't Bryce `can't get laid by his girlfriend'." Em smirked. "And you know, you could come up with better comebacks rather then calling Aly and I girlfriends…you do realize that you're not hurting only because it's partially true…we may not be girlfriend's, but at least we get some."

"I bet." Bryce snorted.

"So where is she anyway?" Em asked looking around.

"On the couch." Bryce pointed to Anna, who was talking with several friends.

"Oh…" Em grinned wickedly, "let's go meet her." She grabbed Aly and walked towards the couch.

Bryce made his way to his girlfriend first and handed her the drink he got for her. "Baby, I'd like you to meet two…um…girls from my school."

Anna looked up from the crowd and saw two girls standing over them, one with long brown hair in baggy jeans and a tank top, and another with shorter black hair with green eyes, looking back at her smiling.

"Hi!" Aly smirked.

"You must be…I didn't exactly get your name…all I know is that you have one of them most handsomest guys ever! Like, he's totally captain of the football team and he's built nicely, believe me, I know…and he enjoys long intellectual talks…" Emelia's voice was mixed with sarcasm and delight.

Bryce looked at Em and gave her a dirty look. "Okay…bye ladies." He said seriously, not wanting any conflict for the night.

"Hey now, hold onto your jockstrap Casanova, we didn't even get her name…rude much?" Emelia sat down beside Anna and sipped on her drink. "I'm Em…and that's Aly."

"I'm Anna."

"Anna…how…lovely." Emelia smiled, she moved her hand to feel the cotton on Anna's skirt.

Anna looked at her with confusion and then looked at her boyfriend for some sort of explanation. "Okay, ladies you've been introduced, you can leave now." Bryce smiled apologetically towards his girlfriend.

"How'd you and Bryce become friends?" Anna shifted her legs to lose contact with Em's fingers and looked at her curiously.

"Well, I was on the cheerleading squad, but got thrown off, and I really wouldn't say Bryce and I were that close of friends." Em let out a half grin. "We sort of just know each other on more of a…how should I put this… skin to skin level." She smiled innocently.

Anna's face dropped and looked between Emelia and her boyfriend. "What?"

"It was over a year ago Anna." Bryce tried to explain in a soft tone.

"Yeah, and it was only two times…sooooo over it." Emelia glanced at her best friend, who was stifling her giggles. "Pretty good test drive if you ask me…"

Anna glared at the girl beside her. "That's funny, because I didn't." She bitterly said.

"Ouch, down girl." Aly teased.

"You know Anna, I just wanted us to have a nice small conversation, and you have to go and ruin it by opening your mouth." Em shook her head in mock disappointment.

"Why don't you go back to your crack hole." Anna spat.

"Um, Bry, you might want to put a muzzle on this one." Em looked at the young man.

"Problem ladies?" Samantha stepped in and took a spot behind her best friend.

Aly smirked at the other brunette. "Not really, why? Do you want there to be?"

"No, but obviously you should get away from here before a problem arises." Sam placed her hands on Anna's shoulders.

"Oh now who's defending their girlfriend?" Em stood up and grabbed Aly, "Come on Aly…"

Bryce grabbed Emelia's arm to stop her so he could politely tell her to just leave without any more comments. "Em…"

"Hey! Get your fucking hands off of her." Tyson yelled.

Bryce stepped back and looked at the tall scruffy blonde guy, now standing in between him and Emelia. "Hey, well nice to see you again."

"Whatever, just don't touch her again." Tyson clenched his fists.

"What's the big deal Ty, we're friends aren't we?" Bryce smiled. "We used to play ball together."

"Right friends, last time I checked, friends don't go screw you behind your back, how funny are you?"

"Pretty actually." Bryce grinned and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Yeah, so funny Sandso, how much would you be laughing if my fist were introduced to your face? How much would you be laughing then?" Tyson crept closer.

"Come on Ty…back off." Em took his hand into her own and tugged him back a bit.

Looking at his girlfriend and back to Bryce, Tyson took a deep breath as if he were about to count to ten. "Just warning you Bry, touch her again…"

"I've had my share of touching her…" Bryce was stopped mid sentence by a forceful push. He found himself flying over the couch, landing on his back and behind. Getting up he brushed himself off and lunged at his ex best friend, knocking over the coffee table as they tumbled to the floor.

Emelia and Anna both tried to pry apart their boyfriends, shouting between the curses and hollers.

"Damn it Bryce, this isn't worth getting your face punched in." Anna pulled on his shirt to get him up. Em did the same with Tyson, as she looked up and her eyes connected with Anna's she gave a dirty look. It felt like you could feel the hatred cackle between the two.

Finally pulling Tyson away, Em grabbed Aly and took off with her best friend and boyfriend into the kitchen.

Anna stared at Bryce and shook her head. "I can't believe you." She whispered realizing there were people watching.

Bryce furrowed his brow in confusion. "He started it."

"That's not what I mean…"

"Then what? What did I do?" Bryce looked baffled.

"Can we just not talk about it here?" Anna looked at Sam and silently begged her to go for fresh air…to get away from Bryce and the stares.

"Anna..." Bryce stopped in front of her and gently placed his hands on her shoulders. "…Please, let's talk, I hate seeing you upset."

"Oh really? I just watched my boyfriend make a complete ass out of himself, and you think I shouldn't be upset?" Anna hissed quietly.

"Not to mention the remark about trashy Em…" Sam stepped in.

"Is this what it's all about? Emelia?" Bryce stepped back and blinked. "Baby, I never really meant that…"

"You mean you never touched her?"

Bryce paused and looked at Anna. "Well…that was over two years ago… and it was just twice…and it hardly meant a thing…"

"Hardly?"

"Anna, Emelia was a totally different person back then-"

"You know what Bry? I think I want to go home."

"But you're suppose to stay at my place?"

Anna just shook her head and dragged Samantha by the arm and stormed out into the backyard.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"A way to cause trouble Tyson." Aly grinned, hopping up on the kitchen counter.

"And start a scene." Em hopped up beside her best friend.

"How could you ever let that scumbag near you…touch you even." Tyson asked, trying to crack his shoulder that Bryce fell on.

"Oh come on Tyson, our girl Emelia here, didn't even think about drinking and such back then. You know that, you were Bryce's best friend… Bryce's `drooling-over-his-then-girlfriend' best friend." Aly smirked, grabbing a bowl of pretzels to cure hers and Em's munchies.

"Yeah, whatever happened to that sweet innocent girl?" Dave asked.

"Me." Aly proudly said grinning from ear to ear. "She met me, and I took her under my wing…and showed her how the real world works."

"Right…that's not all you showed her." Dave laughed.

"What goes on between Aly and I is none of your business." Em raised an eyebrow. "And yes, Aly, thank you…Bryce broke up with me right after he found out I did drugs behind his back." She shrugged. "Then he kicked Ty off the football team when he found out he was my supplier."

"Asshole." Tyson slammed back his beer.

"Kind of makes you think that Anna and him are good for each other." Em added. "He's a great guy…just not… you." She leaned in and kissed Tyson.

"What about me?" Aly pouted.

Tyson grinned and watched as Emelia kissed Aly as well. "Better?" Em smirked, nipping Aly's bottom lip once before turning her attention back to her boyfriend.

"You know what it is about Bryce…he doesn't know how to party." Aly smiled.

~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC...

"I was born 'normal'...life made me strange." - Marina

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 3/?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:55 pm 
Holly Dude!!!....Kiddo;)

LMAO:lol couldn't help it:p

You know.....even when I read it the first time, for some strange reason I liked both...Emelia and Aly.... LOL:lol

they just so funny....bad...yeah....but funny, and the feeling is that there is much more behind their....you know...ahm... image:)

The whole party scene was funny...sorry but it was:lol :lol

I was LMAO.....go figure:p "skin to skin level" that just cracked me up......:rofl

Waiting for more :flirt :flirt

Love ya

M.

---------------------

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:05 am 
Ouuu another delish update. The little bit with Em feeling the cotton of Anna's skirt, genious. The party scene was pretty funny, just the comebacks and such, hilarious.

Edited by: oo de lally at: 1/12/04 11:54 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:15 am 
Holly..wow, they were amazing :bounce :love . I can't wait for more. Love sammi xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

Post subject: Shadowed Edge 4/?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:43 pm 
Hey Kittens, thank you all for the lovely feedback. Enjoy! :D

Summary: Takes Place at an All Girls Catholic School where trouble brews between three circle of friends. This story deals with real life matters drug/alcohol abuse and it does share some nature of the same sex relationship briefly; also deals with pregnancy. Thoughts are in < >

PART FOUR

~*~*~*~*~*

"Honey, I don't think he meant it in THAT way." Sam put her arm around her best friend.

"In what way then?" Anna pulled back, wiping her eyes.

"He was angry with Tyson, he got him by playing on Tyson's biggest threat."

"Threat?"

"Yes, threat. It's obvious that is totally possessive about his whore...I mean girl."

Anna smiled at Sam and pulled her in for another hug. "What would I do without you?"

"Absolutely nothing." Sam grinned.

"Ahem." Bryce coughed. "I don't mean to be breaking up the girl bonding...but Anna, I really need to talk with you."

"I'll be inside if you need me." Sam kissed Anna's forehead and excused herself.

Anna continued to sit on the porch swing, gazing up at the stars. She felt a shift beside her and looked to see Bryce sitting next to her.

"Anna, about what I said earlier with the whole Emelia comment, I never meant to say it, but I did and I can't take it back. I wish I could because then I could actually prove that I didn't mean it…but I can't." Bryce took a deep breath and hesitantly put his arm around Anna, when she never pulled away, he continued, "I don't like Em anymore and she means nothing to me at this point…all I care about is you." He reached out with his other hand and caressed her cheek with his thumb.

"Bryce, I understand we all have a past and buried secrets, but it just hurts you know? I mean, to know you're more experienced." Anna softly said.

"More experienced? Baby, it was one time…and that hardly counts."

Anna looked at him and frowned. "One time? You both said twice…and why doesn't it count?"

"Twice, you're right…and it doesn't count because it wasn't with someone I really love." Bryce warmly smiled, his eyes burning into deep blue. "And I've known you for fourteen months, but I fell in love with your quirky ways after you said, `Hi! I'm Anna, I love cherry juice.'"

Anna burst into laughter. "I totally forgot about that."

"Well I didn't and I would never forget it…your quirkiness gets my heart pumping." Bryce allowed Anna to rest her head on his chest. After minutes of silence, he looked down at his girlfriend and played with the fiery red locks. "Anna…"

"Hmm?"

"I love you…" Bryce felt relieved now that he was able to tell her, it was waiting for a reply that he worried about now.

Anna sat up slightly and stared at him for what seemed like an eternity, finally hearing herself try to get the words out, she closed her eyes and whispered, "I love you too."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"I'm not spending the night?" Tyson slurred his words, leaning into his girlfriend, standing at Aly's doorway.

"No, there's not enough room…and we're burnt out, so we actually want to sleep." Aly said impatiently.

"I'll see you tomorrow, crash at Dave's." Em hugged him.

"Yeah, but…" Tyson started.

Aly dragged Em in the house and slammed the door on her best friend's boyfriend. "Let's find some fresh clothes for us to sleep in."

"Right…" Em looked around and snickered when clothes were everywhere, "Where?" She grinned.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Bryce had offered to take Anna back to the dormitory if she still wanted to go back. But Anna wanted to be with her boyfriend, so he drove around looking for an open video store to rent a movie, then went back to his Victorian house.

"I don't even know why we rented a movie." Bryce smiled throwing the movie on the large chair in the foyer. "We could watch it I mean…I mean, watching the movie is what we could do." He paused, noticing his girlfriend grinning back at him. "What?"

Anna walked up to him and slipped her arms around his waist. "Are you nervous?"

"Aren't you?" Bryce asked, smiling.

"Maybe a little." Anna smirked.

"How about I get you a drink…us a drink, oh, I know you like hot chocolate."

"Mmm…yes please."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"But we just got ready for bed." Em whined.

"Right, we just stripped our clothes you mean." Aly smiled. She had this wacky idea about heading to Big `L's and raid his stash. "Oh come on Em girl, it'll be fun."

"Yeah right, right up until he pulls out his knife, telling us to back off." Em sat up and looked at Aly. "You really want to put yourself in that kind of position?"

"He won't hurt us, he can't." Aly smirked.

"Oh right, I forgot about the secret fucking you two do." Em threw the covers off her.

"Jealous?" Aly licked her lips and winked at her best friend. "Um, Em, you didn't tell anyone about him and I right?"

"No. You told me not too." Emelia said. "However, if you get caught…I might have no choice but to back them up."

"You wouldn't…"

Em grinned and attempted to get up out of bed but was pulled back, landing backwards and pinned to the bed. "I swear Emelia, if anyone finds out…" Aly seriously said.

"Relax baby, I'm not going to tell anyone. And Jesus, you're screwing the dumb fuck, what's the big deal?" Em squirmed away from her best friend's grasp.

"He said that if anyone finds out…I'll regret it big time." Fear flashed through Aly's eyes.

"This coming from the girl who wants to rob the same guy. Aly, if he catches us-"

"He. Won't. Come on, the guy has enough supply to last him like a lifetime." Aly whined, burying her head in the crook of Emelia's neck.

Emelia placed her hands on the bare thighs that were straddling her. "Fine, but if we get caught-" She was cut of by Aly's lips locked on her own.

Pulling back, Aly got off Em and pulled her up off the bed. "Yay, I knew you wanted to play."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Bryce and Anna sat on the couch, kissing and caressing for a while. Until Bryce took Anna by the hand and led her upstairs and into his bedroom.

Anna felt like she was day dreaming, having an amazing guy she loves, and who loves her back. Her heart was beating rapidly, she didn't know how long she could take this, she was just so overwhelmed.

"Are you okay?" Bryce smiled sweetly, sitting down beside Anna on the bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Anna looked around the large bedroom.

"Anna, we don't have to if you're not ready." Bryce took his girlfriend's hand into his own.

"No, I'm ready…it's okay, I'm okay."

Bryce brushed hair away from his girlfriend's eyes and laid her back covering her body with his own.

It felt like forever the way the couple took things slowly, holding each other, touching and caressing so delicately, as if they would break one another.

Hovering over his girlfriend, Bryce looked into deep blue depths, "Are you sure?" He whispered softly.

Anna nodded and watched as her boyfriend bent his head down and kissed her passionately. She felt his love fill her completely, she closed her eyes and allowed bliss and pleasure take over all her senses.

Whispers could be heard through out the night. The moon shone bright; bathing two connected souls, guiding the way to points of no return.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Aly and Emelia managed to get into Big `L's small house without breaking anything or waking the broad man.

"So where is this stuff?" Em whispered, looking around quietly.

"His bedroom." Came the reply.

"His wha? Are you crazy?" Em cried. "He'll wake for sure."

"Don't be such a baby…baby. You stole from stores and you even stole from your own father, three hundred dollars."

"Yea, but HELLO! My dad doesn't keep a bloody knife under his pillow… I don't have a fucking death wish either." Em grabbed Aly.

Aly faced her best friend, "Sweetie," she looked straight into hazel eyes. "You…have a death wish…everyone does." Aly placed to fingers on Em's lips. "Things will be fine…trust me." She softly noted.

"Fine! Just go…get the stash quickly." Em pointed to the bedroom. "You just better pray to Lucifer that he does not wake up." Em hissed.

"Shh." Aly shushed Emelia and turned towards the short hall leading towards the bedroom.

Creaking the door open slowly, Aly peered inside and noticed the man sleeping. Moving in quietly, her eyes wandered over to the worn down dresser. "Okay, you can do this." She muttered to herself.

Emelia watched out for her best friend, keeping her eyes glued on the person who occupied the bed. "Hurry." She whispered.

Aly managed to get the top drawer open without making any noise; snagging two bags of drugs, she quickly closed the drawer and pushed Em out of the bedroom.

"Okay, so…can we go?" Em looked at Aly.

"Sure." Aly smirked proudly. "We have enough to keep us floating for a long while."

"Good, I need it!" Em giggled softly as Aly wrapped an arm around her waist. "Let's go."

"See, now it won't be so bad next time." Aly smiled, following Em out of the window they came through.

"Right." Em said sarcastically. "Next time you beg me though, I'd rather have you pin me and stay there." She winked and kissed Aly's cheek.

"Oh, promise?" Aly looped her arm through her best friend's.

"Aly…I mean it."

"Okay. No next time, gotchya. But," Aly pouted. "Can I still have you pinned to the bed?"

Shaking her head and smiling, Em grinned as they walked safely back to Aly's worn down place.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC...

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 4/?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:55 pm 
Have I mentioned just how much I love this story? Today, I mean? Okay, well I love this story.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:31 am 
Wow..this part was amazing. i love this story too :love Love sammi xx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:44 am 
Dude!!!

Quote:
"Yes, threat. It's obvious that is totally possessive about his whore...I mean girl."

That just cracked me up....:lol :lol :lol

I see that you managed to post it;) Coolness:grin

I can't figure out Bryce.....lol...I'm getting mixed feelings

No one is 100% good or bad....we are mixed....:)

Keep it up:)

Love you

M.

---------------------

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:46 am 
This is a very good story. :applause As I said you've got a lot of intersting characters to base the story round

I have to say that I don't particularly like Em and Aly. With the way they're going it won't be long before either one or both of them end up under a morticians knife. Though I'm not sure whether this'll be due to an overdose or just them pissing off the wrong person.

Ann and Bryce seem to be okay, though I'm still not sure about them.

The most likeable at the moment seems to be Scarlette. She needs to be in the story more.

I'm looking forward to reading more

Postel's Prescription: Be generous in what you accept, rigorous in what you emit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:49 pm 
Hey Holly :bigwave -

Hey you, :D , I just wanted to say that I just finished catching up with this story and what can I say. GREAT STORY!!! I love reading your work. They are always well written and expressed. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I love it and can't wait to see more.... :bounce =)

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

"It's about two people,
regardless of sex, who love each other and treat each other with compassion and
respect."

Post subject: Shadowed Edge 5/?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:51 pm 
Scarlette: Scar, you're just too awesome for words. :D Thank you so much for being my beta and just...helping me through this whenever I need help.

sammi: Hey Sammi, thank you so much for always leaving sweet and positive feedback.

Marina: Dude!!! Glad this story is..."confusing" and no one is 100% good or bad. :D Kinda good that way because you can't really define each character until later on in the story. :yawn I's sleeeeeeeeeepy. Hopefully my next reply will make more sense. :laugh

justin: More Scarlette huh? :D Okay. :D Emelia and Aly...I can't say enough about those two, too much things to say so I'll just agree with you on the whole:
Quote:
With the way they're going it won't be long before either one or both of them end up under a morticians knife.
We'll have to see about these two characters yet... ya never know. As for Anna and Bryce, yes, complicated people... well, sort of. Thank you for reading. :)

Aaron: Hey you! You love my work? My lil ol' work? Aww, sweetheart :D I hope that with I have going with this story that it'll keep you interested. :) Thank you.

Summary: Takes Place at an All Girls Catholic School where trouble brews between three circle of friends. This story deals with real life matters drug/alcohol abuse and it does share some nature of the same sex relationship briefly; also deals with pregnancy. Thoughts are in < >

PART FIVE

~*~*~*~*~

The weekend had ended and classes began early at the beginning of the week. Anna yawned as she brought her hand up to her chin, using it for leverage.

"Did my best friend get lucky?" Sam snickered quietly. Giving a side glance, Anna couldn't help but grin. "Oh my God! You did. You little minx, you never told me!" Sam whispered exasperated.

"Shh!" Anna smirked,

"Anna Ashby!" Sam giggled.

"Ladies! This is study time, not social time. " The teacher said from her desk. Both girls muttered their apologies.

"How was it?" Sam whispered quietly.

"Samantha." Anna grinned. "Not now, let's try and talk about this while we're not in study class."

"Okay…when?"

"After."

"Come on Ann, I'm your best friend." Sam whined.

"Alright, when we meet Scarlette at Sapphires Diner."

"Why are you meeting her?"

"Um, because we're going to hang out." Anna looked at her best friend. "You don't like Scarlette?"

"I like Scarlette, she's cool, just wondering why you wanted to hang with her when you see your lover." Sam smirked, licking her lips.

"Because Bryce has to work, and if he can get out of the shop early enough, he'll swing by." Anna turned her attention back to her school work.

"Anna…why am I still a virgin?" Sam finally grumbled, sighing as she planted her head in her book.

~*~*~*~*~*~

It wasn't like Scarlette had never been off campus before, it's just she wasn't used to big social crowds. She knew Sapphires Diner was a hang-out for local teens and only drove by it on her way home to Starus.

Sitting in a booth, she waited until Anna was out of her last class. From the front door, Scarlette heard a bunch of teens come in. As she shifted uncomfortably in her seat, a young tall dark haired man caught her attention. His eyes registered on hers and she quickly looked away, blushing.

"Scarlette." A familiar voice came from in front of her.

"Anna…Sam." The young dark brunette breathed.

"Sorry, did we scare you?" Anna sat across from her as Sam followed.

"Oh no…just thinking. How was class?" Scarlette smiled.

"Good. Boring." Anna grinned. "Have you been waiting long?"

"Not really."

"You even brought Mrs. Vertigo's homework with you." Sam pointed out.

"Essay due in two days. Wanted to start research early." Scarlette moved her books and placed them beside her.

"And I'm guessing this seat was saved for your books?" A smooth male voice said.

Scarlette looked up and there stood the young man. "What?" She asked confused, her thoughts clouded by his ‘perfect’ features and smile.

"I was just going to ask if this seat was taken." He grinned and held out his hand. "My name is Orlando Mayne."

Scarlette finally snapped out of it and took his hand. "Scarlette Kyle."

"Well Scarlette Kyle, I've never seen you here before, and I hang out here a lot." He sat at the edge of the booth. "Or either of you." He noticed the two other women.

"I'm Samantha Linden." Sam flashed a flirtatious grin.

"Anna Ashby." Anna smiled weakly.

"Pleasure to meet you all." Orlando nodded and turned his attention back to Scarlette.

"That's a nice tattoo." Samantha purred as she pointed to his stomach, where his shirt was undone. "Sexy."

Orlando laughed softly. "Thanks."

Scarlette gave Sam the once over, she wasn't sure why she was getting jealous over this young man, who was clearly a stranger…to all of them.

Orlando looked down at Scarlette's school books and smiled. "Shakespeare."

"It's for English, it's actually pretty good." Scarlette said quietly.

"Yeah, I always found something about Romeo and Juliet fascinating."

"Well the tragic love story does have its moments." The brunette said in a more flirty tone, flashing him a smile.

"You think so?" Orlando moved in closer, returning the smile.

Anna and Sam exchanged looks. "I think the quiet one found a potential boyfriend." Sam whispered to her best friend.

"So, what are you ladies up to tonight?" Orlando leaned back and stretched his arm across the booth. "And I hope you don't mind me sitting here…feel free to kick me out at anytime."

"Why would we want to kick you out?" Sam grinned.

"Oh, there's that sexy bitch." Aly and Emelia came up to the table.

"Okay, you can leave now." Anna muttered towards Orlando.

"Hey, we know you two…" Aly smirked towards Anna and Sam. "We were your best friends at the party."

"Far from it." Samantha scowled.

"Play nice princess." Emelia looked at Sam, then to Scarlette. "Oh, new player in the field?"

"Em, these ladies have names." Orlando pointed out politely.

"Yeah, and why do you talk about playing… playing what? The field? With each other? Yourself?…Oh right… you've gone pro with the whole playing. Once you pop, you can't stop. Very naughty girl." Anna smiled innocently, loving how Emelia had to be held back by Aly.

"Bitch." Aly muttered.

"Okay, calm down." Orlando looked slightly confused as to why these girls acted so hostile towards each other. "You four don't get along?"

"What was your first clue? Scarlette's lucky, she hasn't seen the worst." Sam glumly said, looking out the window.

"Anyway, Orli, are you coming with us to the warehouse rave, tonight?" Em leaned against the booth where the young man sat.

Scarlette watched the expressions flow across Orlando's face.

"Actually, about that, I was thinking we could catch a movie instead." The dark brunette man smiled.

"What the fuck? A movie?" Aly frowned.

"Yes, a movie… Scarlette and I." Orlando slipped a half grin towards the dark brunette.

Scarlette blinked and opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. She frowned slightly.

"Whoa, wait, you're ditching us for red?" Em raised an eyebrow.

"Red? Emelia, she has a name." Orlando licked his lips.

"Scarlette, I heard. You're ditching us for her?" Em asked again.

"If she says yes." Orlando smiled.

"Actually…" Scarlette began, but looked at his handsome face. "An early movie sounds good." She smiled when she seen Orlando's eyes light up.

"Really?"

"Sure, why not?" Scarlette couldn't believe how she was shedding her shy streak so quickly.

"Great. Well, early show starts in an hour and I'm going to rush home… shower…you know." Orlando stood and brushed past Emelia and Aly.

"Early show, does that mean we're still on for the rave?" Aly asked.

"Most likely, but call my cell." Orlando waved and gave one last smile towards Scarlette before walking out.

Scarlette looked up at Aly and Emelia. "What?" She asked frowning a bit.

"Nothing." Em smirked, taking Aly's hand and walked off towards the front counter.

"Scarlette Kyle, you have a date!" Samantha smiled, bouncing in her seat a bit. "Scarlette has a date." She sang.

"Leave her alone Sam." Anna grinned then turned to Scarlette. "Who would've thought you of all people-"

"What about me? I am capable of getting a date, thank you very much." Scarlette raised an eyebrow.

"I never meant it like that." Anna quickly covered. Unaware of Aly and Emelia eavesdropping.

"Then what did you mean?" Emelia stepped forward again, Aly hot on her heels. "`Cause it sounds to me like you made a very rude comment about Scarlette here."

Anna glared at the two girls. "And what the hell is it to you?" She snapped. "This is none of your business."

"Well that's just too damn bad because I'm making it my business." Em said firmly then her attention went back to Scarlette. "We haven't been properly introduced, I'm Emelia, and this is Aly."

Nodding slowly, Scarlette shot them all a confusing look before her gaze landed back on Em and Aly, giving them a questioning look.

"After the movie, maybe you'd like to join us at the Warehouse Rave." Aly said excitedly.

"Why?" Scarlette's attitude was becoming more bolder by the minute. "I mean, why would I hang out with you two?"

"Oh Em, I like her…she's feisty." Aly bounced. "It just hides underneath…though it's crying out for attention. Can we take her with us, can we?"

"Down girl." Em shook her head and stepped forward. "So, what do you say? We won't bite or hurt you. We promise."

"It's a school night, remember? Wait, that's right, you wouldn't know the definition of school." Sam smirked.

Aly leapt forward but was being held back by Emelia this time. "Cool it Aly, she's not worth it."

"Oh I'll make it worth it." Aly was ready to fight.

"I said cool it." Emelia flung Aly back and pointed at her to stay.

"Come on Scar, we'll have you back by curfew." Em batted her eyelashes and smiled. "Orli will be there…"

Anna and Samantha exchanged looks, eyebrows rose with confused looks.

Scarlette thought about it. "Sure."

Aly and Emelia jumped with giddyness. "Great. We'll meet you and Orlando outside of the theatre." Em smirked at Anna and Sam.

"Are you crazy??" Anna hissed. "Scarlette, they don't only define trouble…they ARE trouble."

"You know, I bet they've even slept together." Sam pondered.

Scarlette frowned at her friends. "And? Guys, I'll be careful, I can look out for myself."

Anna shrugged and apologized. Making a face, she turned to her best friend. "Do you really think…they…you know…" She trailed off, blushing.

Sam laughed with Scarlette. "Anna, you’re doing it...just say it."

~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC...

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 5/?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:14 pm 
Yay! :applause One of my favourite scenes when Scar meets the cutie hot boy from England. *sighs* :love

Quote:
"Well the tragic love story does have its moments." The brunette said in a more flirty tone, flashing him a smile. "You think so?" Orlando moved in closer, returning the smile.

Best part. Yea. :blush How is it possible from someone to write like this and not be making millions of dollars already? You should be sleeping on a pile of money right now with half naked servants feeding you grapes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:05 am 
Holly dude!!!!

Your reply made sense;) awww....you poor thing..... sleeeeeeepy... (smuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutty?;) )

Call me (hahaha) optimist.....(another hahahaha) but I soooooooooooo can see all of them getting together..... Em and Aly....and Sam and Anna and...ahm..Scar... I SOOO can see them being in the same group:) With all their hostility none of them actually did something physically I mean.Em was holding Aly and Aly was holding Em...gotta say something. And I see this "hostility" more like....ahm... you know when you are supposed to hate person because he/she belongs to a group you are supposed to "hate"....but you actually like them?:)

That's what I see here....I might be wrong... but that's the impression I'm getting:) And Scar hanging out with both of them...I mean four of them (:lol ) only adds to my feeling of them liking each other:)

That's what I got when I first read it....that's exactly what I get when I'm reading it now:) And I still love Em and Aly;) There's something charming in there;)

Can't say that I like some characters more than others or dislike them....because each of them has something that I like and something that I don't....:) Which makes it intresting to me, because I can't figure out their next step, I can make several guesses, but don't know exactly what they are going to do, hence it's intresting;) [god...I used word "hence"..... :paranoid ]

Oh yeah....I agree there with Scarlette....about millions and naked servants;)

:sleepy <---this is me now;) :yawn

Hope I made sense there...lol....ahm..yeah

Well I'll go to sleep...lol...

I wish it will snow for the whole night and no work tomorrow :pray

I love you dude, you are the best and you SO rock!!!!!!!

M.

---------------------

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:22 am 
That was amazing Holly, soo good :love Love sam xx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:26 am 
That was a great update :applause

All I can say is oh dear :paranoid Scarlette's going to a rave with ALy and Em. Call me a pesimist but I think that there might be some trouble.

I'm not sure about whether she can trust Orlando either.

I have to say that Sam went down in my estimations with this line

Quote:
"You know, I bet they've even slept together." Sam pondered.

Looking forward to the next part.

Postel's Prescription: Be generous in what you accept, rigorous in what you emit.

Post subject: Shadowed Edge 6a/?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:28 pm 
Kittens! Thank you all so much for leaving feedback and/or reading. :D I muchly appreciate it. Hope you enjoy this next update. :) Again, Thanks.

PART SIX - A

~*~*~*~*~

Orlando waited for Scarlette five minutes early. Being an exchange student gave him his advantages, but somehow, he knew Scarlette was nothing like some girls he's been out with, within the two months

he's been there.

"Scarlette, hey." Orlando smiled warmly at the brunette. "I already grabbed the tickets."

Scarlette followed her date to the front doors. "Thank you." She said politely as he held open the door for her.

"You know, I would've picked you up, but I don't think it would look good if I pulled up on my harley." Orlando's voice was smooth and low.

"Right, wouldn't want to give Sister MaGrey a heart attack." Scarlette laughed lightly. "You have a harley?"

"Yes, I do. Actually, it wasn't mine, the people I'm boarding with, gave it to me."

"Wow, nice people."

"Not really, it was a piece of shit." Orlando grinned. "I had a friend help me fix it up, so they let me keep it." He beamed.

"That's cool." Scarlette smiled. "So, what movie are we seeing?"

"I hope you like horror flicks."

"I love horror films." Scarlette's eyes lit up.

"Well let's go take our seats." Orlando let out a playful grin, putting his hand lightly on Scarlette's back.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Bryce rolled out from underneath a car, wiping his hands on his work pants.

"Bryce, some one is in the shop office for you." A dark man yelled.

"I'll be there in a minute." Bryce made a quick phone call on his cell to Anna, to let her know that he would meet her for dinner.

Making his way to the front of the shop, Bryce stopped when he seen a shorter young man in front of him. "Brian?"

"Who else?" Brian Drake opened his arms and welcomed his younger brother in a hug.

"When did you get here? Not that I'm not happy to see you." Bryce smiled.

"I got into Starus last night, and I just arrived here um, five minutes ago." Brian looked around. "You work here?"

"Mom's boyfriend owns it. I work part time, usually after school." Bryce laid his cell phone down on a tool box, while a customer came in. "Excuse me." He motioned politely. "Mr. Brown, your car is up and

ready."

"Oh good sonny, come show me what you did, what you fixed." Mr. Brown smiled warmly.

Bryce looked at his brother. "It's okay Bry, I'll be here." Brian grinned, heading towards the candy machines.

After eating his handful of skittles. The dirty blonde sat down, picking up an auto magazine. He looked up when Bryce's cell phone rang. Deciding on the whether to answer it or not, Brian picked it up. "Hello?" He said in a sharp Scottish accent.

"Hey baby, I was wondering if it'd be okay to just have a home-made dinner at my parents house, you know," Anna dropped her voice to a low and seductive tone, "my parents are away for the evening."

Brian's eyes went wide and he swallowed. "Uh…" The conversation reached a silence.

"Bryce?"

"Alone?"

"Well yes, alone, are you okay?" Anna furrowed her brow. "Unless you want Sam to join us…but um, I'm not like those whores."

"Whores?" Brian questioned.

"Yea, you know, Aly and Emelia? Bryce?"

Brian watched his brother approach him. "So, baby, what are you wearing?"

Bryce grabbed his phone away. "Anna?" He gave his brother a dirty look.

"What the hell is going on?"

"I believe you were talking to my brother Brian."

"From Scotland? Oh my god!" Anna groaned in embarrassment. "I thought that was you doing your sexy accent?"

"Sexy? You think my accent is sexy?" Bryce smirked smugly.

"Bryce!" Anna whined. "That's not the point, what if I said I bought a new teddy…"

"You bought a teddy." Bryce's mouth went dry.

"Bryce Sandso!" Anna warned.

"What? Anna, is it my fault I find you incredibly sexy and with you talking about a teddy…" Bryce grinned on the other end.

"Well…I thought about it, but daddy has me on a budget."

"So, about tonight…I'm off in fifteen minutes, are you still at Sapphires?"

"I am…why?"

"Because I was going to invite Brian to join us there for supper…maybe Sam and him will hit it off."

Anna smiled and agreed. "Okay, so you'll be here within twenty minutes?"

"Twenty minutes." Bryce chuckled. He hung up and looked at his older brother.

"You have a girlfriend?" Brian smirked.

"I do, her name is Anna." Bryce put his phone away and unzipped his mechanic work outfit.

"I get to meet her right?"

"Yes, and her best friend, who seems to be such a fox herself. Let's get you some American ass."

~*~*~*~*~

Scarlette and Orlando stepped out of the theatre and stood there waiting for Emelia and Aly to approach. They saw the two walking towards them from a distance.

"Did you like the movie?" Scarlette asked.

"I did…the hand holding was better." Orlando smiled softly and unlaced their fingers, so he could find his key.

"So…how was the date?" Em asked, smiling at Scarlette as they approached.

"It was good." The dark brunette answered.

"Now how about we get you out of here, and you bring you to the real party." Aly grabbed the sleeve of Scarlette's sweater.

"Hey, hold up." Orlando stepped in front of them as they started to walk away. "You're not taking my date away from me…without me."

"Just leave your harley here Orli. No one's going to touch it." Em pleaded.

Orlando ignored Emelia and Aly and pulled Scarlette to the side politely. "If I asked, would you ride with me to the rave spot?"

"On…the back of your harley?" Scarlette's eyes grew slightly wider.

"Yes…I promise it won't bite." He grinned a half grin.

"Okay Scarlette, you'd be stupid to say no." Em whispered in her ear.

Scarlette stood there for a moment, looking blankly at the motorcycle. Nodding her head, she agreed to go for a ride.

Orlando smiled brightly and ushered her to his parked harley. "I have an extra helmet for you."

Scarlette frowned a bit. "Do I really need one?" She asked, pouting slightly.

Orlando watched her lower lip droop a bit, and he smiled, unconsciously licking his own bottom lip. "It's the law, love." He smiled and put on his helmet, doing up the snap.

"No laughing." Scarlette mumbled, Orli just smiled and watched the young woman in front of him.

"Okay love birds, we're off. We'll meet you there." Em yelled.

Scarlette and Orlando waved.

"Hop on." Orlando took her hand and helped her on the back. "Nothing to be afraid of, just hold on tightly, and by that, I mean hold on to me." Orli chuckled.

"I can do that." Scarlette grinned and checked her helmet strap, before wrapping her arm around his waist.

Orlando used his weight on his right side to kick start the harley. "Ready?" He yelled over the loud motor. He watched Scarlette nod and screeched out of the parking lot and onto the streets.

Scarlette felt a sense of freedom while she was with this handsome exchange student.

As the motorcycle roared through the streets, Orlando felt Scarlette's grip on him tighten every time he turned a corner so he smiled to himself and decided to take the long way.

Scarlette rested the side of her head on Orli's back, taking in the view and landscapes.

~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC…

Edited by: Taras Shadow  at: 1/17/04 3:05 pm

Post subject: Re: Shadowed Edge 6a/?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:25 pm 
Dude:p

awwww....how sweet:grin

I was laughting so hard when I read Anna's and Brian's convo :lol :lol /.....but dude....What's up with the teddy? I didn't get it :blush :confused

I still love Em and Aly....they are just loveable!!!!!!

Aaa....taking the long way;) hehe....I have a questions for you...tho I'm not going to tell ya:p ...maybe later:p

Waiting for more:p

Did I mention here that I love your writing? Well I love your writing dude:) :p

Love you,

M.

---------------------

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:44 am 
Holly, That was soo sweet, and just great. I loved it :bounce Love sammi xx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:38 am 
HOLLY!!!! :bigwave :bigwave :bigwave -

WAHOO!!! Yeapper, great great and great!!! Got caught up again :read and I am all with the WOO's and HOO's!!! Did I mention the whole groupie thingie :bow , heehee. Anyway, as usual and doubt it will ever change, I love your work!!! Can't wait to see more. So, with that said, gimme gimme gimme, LOL!!! Keep up the great work. =)

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

"It's about two people,
regardless of sex, who love each other and treat each other with compassion and
respect."