The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Kiwiccan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:14 pm 
Scout, When I took those pics I hadn't installed Livin' Large yet (I did tonight).

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is 3:54am and I have not been to sleep yet. I have been searching all night trying to find out how I can use the extra houses that comes with the game. There are 11 houses (User DataHouses) but no sign of how to put them on a lot. I have looked at BBs and in some chat rooms (all empty right now) and yes I have read the entire manual .. Also when I DL a house where do I put it so I can use it? And how do I use it?

How do you get Sims to change clothes? I know there is a way but the way wasn't explained.

OOOO I love the mansion in the 2nd neighbourhood. I moved a cute lesbian couple in. Oh I changed the landscape so I could add a pool but now I have big brown spots ...how do I get green grass back?

How do I use import???

So many questions ... I am very tired.

Arn't new game players a pain in the butt???

------------------
Paula
--------
Amber FanGirl #1a; May the Amber Force be with you.
Keeper of my own insanity
"I love being a girl, having a girl.." ~as sung by Amber Benson in the UK

I

Post subject: TaraMaclay
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:15 pm 

Woo Hoo!!! I found a Glory. How all I have to do is figure out is, who would be good to pair up with her. Damn, no Ben yet!!

That would be an interesting pair.

------------------
IM: Taramaclay69

Look, I realize that every slayer comes with a expiration mark stamped on the package.. But I want mine to be a long time from now.. Like a Cheeto.

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:16 pm 
Hmmmm that brought me to an XXX rated toon site. Requires membership.

Naughty kitty

------------------
Paula
--------

[This message has been edited by Kiwiccan (edited August 07, 2001).]

I

Post subject: TaraMaclay
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:17 pm 

Is there a way to do that in the original game. I don't have enough room for LL.

Thanks

------------------
IM: Taramaclay69

Look, I realize that every slayer comes with a expiration mark stamped on the package.. But I want mine to be a long time from now.. Like a Cheeto.

I

Post subject: Halcyon
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:18 pm 
ah, the build function comes in real handy when you're sick and tired of those matchbox houses they have. just bulldoze the house or get a new lot and build your own, I spent hours just to get the bleeding shape of the house right for what i wanted.

everything is running smoothly in my little world now...but Buffy was on the verge of slapping Willow the other day for flirting with Tara cos she had the hots for both of them. caught it just in time and sent her to the toilet *phew*

I

Post subject: GODisTigger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:19 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Kiwiccan:
Oh I killed off 2 people in the pool and the grim reaper did not show up. I only have tomb stones in the back yard by the pool, and no ghosts. I was playing to see what would happen.

The Grim Reaper doesn't show up for people who drown. If you want to see him (and don't want to wait for someone to slowly die) A quick way is to create a small room (by itself) with a fireplace and cover the entire floor with carpet. Have the SIM start a fire and close the room off so he can't get out. If the fireplace goes out, just light it again. Eventually, the carpet will catch and the SIM will burn to death. Grim Reaper will appear. The "Death by fire" isn't my favorite because you can hear the poor SIM screaming.
You might want to have another SIM on the outside of the torch room to "talk" to the Reaper when he shows up.

As for the ghosts, they randomly appear at night. Also, someone had once told me that you can't have people mourn over the graves or the ghosts won't appear. I don't know if that's true. To make sure, just move the tombstones together and put a small fence around them so SIMs can't get to them.

D

------------------
They have Dial-A-Prayer for atheists now. You call up but nobody answers.

I

Post subject: tommo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:21 pm 
quote:
Ruth I assume you were successful in NOT getting the Sims when you went shopping?
hat did you get?

I got a webcam, Paula. It was what I intended to get and I'm proud of myself for resisting the urge to get SIMS. However, I did linger over the PC version of Tomb Raider before I realised you don't get a free Angelina Jolie with every game....

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Post subject: Halcyon
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:22 pm 
btw....do any of you know that there's a transparent shower unit? Got it installed in Spike and Giles' house

*I am such a sick puppy*

[This message has been edited by Halcyon (edited August 08, 2001).]

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:23 pm 
LOL Paula, you don't have to have a camera to receive pictures, you just need to be on yahoo messenger. And I think most of my yahoo friends have seen enough flesh of mine to last a lifetime after tonight.

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Post subject: eekiboo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:24 pm 
thanks Kitties for the W/T SIMS thread! i don't have SIMS but your stories Paula, Scout, Wonko, etc. are just so much fun to read! i definitely LOVE all the piccies! Scout, your "Afternoon in the hot tub" is just too cute! ROTFLOL re: Willow's ski camp dialogue! and Paula, i'm drooling over the W/T pics! they finally danced, hugged, and kissed! whoo hoo! yay! more W/T bondage fun please!? and don't forget the vicarious smoochies! heh.heh. thanks cheers and peace!

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:25 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Scout:
Edited to Add: The night didn't go well. The fireplace caught the room on fire three times and after the third time of seeing Willow go up in flames, I decided to send them both to the pool instead.

I was going to warn you about the fireplace. Is there a carpet close to it? That's how I lost my Buffy. I had 6 carpets together for one large carpet and when it caught fire, the ENTIRE thing went up at once. She never had a chance.

Nice pic.

When I wasn't paying attention to my SIMS, Faith grabbed some roses out of the vase and gave them to Buffy who thanked her with a rather passionate kiss.

D

------------------

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:26 pm 
Hey, mime is essential. For um....nothing at all....

------------------

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:27 pm 
quote:
I don't like mimes and I can still have a party without it.

LOL, the mime is there to tell you that your party is a snoozer. I had a mime at my first party and Drew Carey at my second. No other unexpected guests (except crashers) since then.

D

------------------

I

Post subject: Wonko
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:28 pm 
Program Files/Maxis/The Sims/GameData/Skins is the directory to extract your zip file to. Extract all the files in the zip, and choose 'yes' when it asks if it can overite files. OK?

I think the answers to most of your questions will be in this thread somewhere.

Yay - I am Willowhand! [g] My greatest ambition fulfilled...okay...not quite. I'm happy though

------------------
Words from Wonko
The MKF Appreciation Society - All Miss Kitty all the Time!

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:29 pm 
Isn't doing that fun? I just love to watch them run free and pick where they want to sleep and who they want as partners.

I bulldozed my original compound but plan on building another. But I won't do that until I'm ready to settle down with them for the long haul. Right now I am too happy playing with temp characters and buildings. LOL

Hmmmm am I like that in real life?
Playing with the Sims has really been very enlightening exercise.

I higly recommend it..it's cheaper than therapy.

------------------
Paula
--------

[This message has been edited by Kiwiccan (edited August 13, 2001).]

I

Post subject: Scout
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:32 pm 
That's really neat when they do stuff spontaneously. I tried letting them do whatever they want, but in my game Willow always goes to the refrigerator (even when she's not hungry) and Tara always goes to the expresso machine. After awhile, I finally can't stand it and I step in and start ordering them around! I need more patience!

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:33 pm 
Glad your little W/T couple is doing well. Angel cleaning the toilets- I never thought of using him for that!

As for free will, you can turn it off, but I think most people keep it on and I guess the longer you let the Sims go about independently, the more likely something romantic will happen between two people who have a lot of relationship points between them.

It is kind of spooky - like they have little minds of their own!

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:34 pm 
Ya know Ruth, it freaked me out a bit too. I didn't realize that they would or could for that matter, show affection on their own.

Scout, they only had about 30 relationship points when they started snuggling. I was busy with the 3rd flat mate when I saw those two in the kitchen hugging like it was bunny making season.

------------------
Paula
--------

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:35 pm 
quote:
they only had about 30 relationship points when they started snuggling.

Wow, that's amazing. I wonder if a personality that's high on the "playful" scale turns them into a little Sim ho.

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:36 pm 
I would like to have a moment of silence for my Sims.

I had a problem with the expansion pack and had to re-install the game. I tried to save their lives but I think that data (I mean their lives) was corrupted. Sniff...

My slut trio are no more and my mad scientist went to that cyber lab in the sky. My gay boys are also gone.

Well I re-installed last night and I will be in god mode tonight creating more Simful characters.

moment of silence over....

------------------
Paula
--------

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:37 pm 
Look, I'm sensing a distinct lack of morality here. It's okay to bring on the Grim Reaper and laugh at drowning SIMS, but when they die a 'natural' death we're supposed to grieve? Oh no missy, not me. I remain in distinct horror over here lady...

------------------

I

Post subject: Ed+Wood
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:38 pm 
quote:

I didn't do the Sims thing last night my eyes were hurting. Too much intense PC work at work. I hate when that happens.

Try blinking ->

I

Post subject: karenk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:39 pm 
Ahh... I first starting playing Sims when the original first came out and boy, was it addictive! Then I stopped when newer games came out and have only started playing it again with the Livin' Large expansion. With Willow and Tara of course. I've not been so ambitious as to put everyone from the Buffyverse on yet but I might. Eventually.

Not sure if everyone else knows this but I found a site which has a Tarot card table (Willowhand anyone? ) and an Ouija Board. The site also has a gravestone collection. It's here: http://www.oph3lia.com/obj1.html

The Ouija Board is about halfway down the list and the Tarot card table a few more items below it.

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:40 pm 
I would love to see them make an expansion where you can actually send them to other houses and stores. SimsVille will give you some of that but not to the extent I would like.
The new SimsVille allows you to create Sims but you have no control over them after they have been created.

Little hooker Faith..LOLOL

------------------
Paula
--------

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:41 pm 
quote:
I have introduced Tara and Will to another couple and ummm...Willow has has her eye on one of the women.

Paula, you do realise that that's just WRONG, don't you? Take Willow's eye, and any other straying body part off that other wench right now!

quote:
Ya know in the book they tell you how to kill Sims for fun and profit. LOL

Sigh. Paula Paula Paula...killing SIMS for profit is never a good thing. Now killing them for fun on the other hand...

------------------

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:42 pm 
Re: alien abduction - I guess Willow won't be getting that telescope for Xmas after all.

Re: ghosties - do the ghosties do anything, besides float around?

Edited to Correct: Sorry - Hanukkah, not Xmas

[This message has been edited by Scout (edited August 23, 2001).]

I

Post subject: Ed+Wood
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:44 pm 
Don't get your SIMS abducted! It totaly screws up their characteristics!!!

EDIT: I know but I still hate it!

[This message has been edited by Ed Wood (edited August 23, 2001).]

I

Post subject: WiccanBex
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:45 pm 
sims is cool! w/t sims is even better...

i'm afraid i may be addicted.

not only to sims... but to this board! because it's 2:25 in the AM, and i'm still online...

I

Post subject: Kath
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:46 pm 
Cool! I want my Tara to be abducted by aliens! Pity she doesn't have any money and the burglar took her PC...

I

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:47 pm 
Unfortunately, the only VampSims I know of are the ones we like (VampWillow, Angel, Spike). But I'm like Paula in that I can't bring myself to kill even the most unlovable Sims characters. I guess that means I'll never be Slayer material!

I

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next