The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Quarantine Thread/Journal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:54 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hey, all you cool cats and kittens!

Staying home and being quarantine can be a real bummer for the extroverts or a blessing in disguise for the introverts. Regardless, it can get tedious after a while for everyone, so feel free to share what/how you're doing!

This is a great place to share what you're streaming, listening to, reading, cooking, etc.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post subject: Re: The Quarantine Thread/Journal
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:35 pm 

I am currently on Day 26 and it's Easter Sunday. Happy Easter!

I'm in between introvert and extrovert. So, I'm fine being home, but irritated that I can't go get stuff when I need it. I think what causes me the most anxiety is the financial uncertainty and absolute cold hard fear of contracting the virus. I'm immune-compromised, so death is a pretty good possibility. I'm also terrified that my wife will catch it. She's an essential worker and though where she works has been slow...you just never know. Someone in her office was sick with a fever and tested 10 days ago...still no results. It's nerve-wracking.

I just talked to my wife on the phone, she's off the next three days and she said, "Figure out what you want to do the next three days." I think my reply was, 'the same shit we've been doing for the last 26?' Maybe complete 'one' thing on our to-do list? We always say, 'we never have time to get anything done.' Apparently, now that we have tons of time, we STILL don't have time to get stuff done! We half-ass pressure washed around the pool and half-ass cleaned out a spare room. Since then, we've been mostly eating, binge-watching Netflix shows or watching stuff we have recorded on the DVR. Thrilling times over here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:49 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I live alone and it is way too easy to go from one end of the week to the next without opening my mouth once (I also don't have many people I would call/video chat with)

I keep saying I'll exercise more but then I remember how much I hate exercise.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:08 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Also it's a really crappy time to be allergic to soap

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:59 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
Yikes about the soap allergy, Laragh ...

But thanks for making this thread! I thought about starting a thread like this, but then I thought to myself, self, you really only post in the It's Just Thursday, MKF! thread. But now I've got a place to go when it isn't Thursday.

It's weird being shutdown like this. I go for a walk around the neighborhood with the kids almost everyday, but other than that I haven't left my house since March 16th ... Mrs. gorn goes shopping once a week, I don't go anywhere. I work from home and I'm honestly busier now than I think I ever was in the office. It's weird.

The good side of this is I spend a LOT of time with mrs. gorn and the gornlings. Trying to put a positive spin on things, this is likely time I will never have in such abundance with them ever again.

I said "positive," but when I re-read that sentence it's actually kinda somber. True, but somber.

So, the gorn household is happy and so far at least healthy. Mrs. gorn & I still have our jobs, we bust ass during the day on the phone, on the computer, in conference calls and webex's, but we eat three meals a day together as a family. We watch movies, we play board games. On Friday nights we have a big slumber party and all sleep together in the king bed in the guest room ... although I think this Friday the kids are talking about building a fort in the living room and sleeping down there in their sleeping bags.

I pray with all my heart all of you and your families and loved ones are happy and healthy, too.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:37 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

It’s day 26 of my furlough and I’ve gotten tons of things done around the house. There isn’t a level of satisfaction though because I have so much anxiety over whether I will still have a job. I’m in the hotel industry. I have had a lot of time to think and process.

I joined this board in 2001 and wrote about 10 or so fics. I haven’t been here in 15 years. After I got married, I didn’t write anything for the entire 10 years of the marriage. Furlough time has helped me realize that I was busy trying to manage the small stuff, I lost who I was. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a partner who was willing to help find me and it was my own fault for not staying true to myself. The marriage ended last year. And for the first time in forever, I want to write. I can’t think of anything better to write about than Willow & Tara.

I started outlining a sequel to my fic First Meeting. I don’t know when I will have anything or even if I can still write. I think my fics are off the board. I’m not sure if a moderator can restore them. The reason for pulling them is no longer necessary.

I hope everyone is well and safe

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:46 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I see three fics that were taken down. Chosen Family, The Brown Triangle and S.C.O.O.B.Y.S.

I'd be only too thrilled to restore them if they were taken down by your request and it is your wish to have them back up :)

Glad to have you back in the fold, sorry it's in such bad circumstances!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:34 pm 

Laragh, they were taken down by my request. There should be 4 fics in the Next Generation series as well.Titles are: Next Generation, Next Generation: The Coven, Next Generation: Stone Cold and Next Generation: Fear (this was incomplete). I also wrote First Meeting under the name Quirky Writer. I would be super grateful to see them restored. Many Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:20 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Just to let you know I've moved those three fics mentioned and have PM'd you about the others. Email notifications have been spotty lately so just letting you know in case you didn't see it!

On topic: I miss social media. I miss interacting with people in that way but all of the fake news and speculation is so anxiety-inducing. I stopped reading fanfic a while back to focus on writing mainly but I have so much time these days I think I'm going to dip my toe back in!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:13 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
Thought I'd do a little quarantining over here this evening. Welcome back, Tiggrscorpio! I think you were a little before my time, but it's always nice when the old timers come back. Like Laragh, I'm sorry to hear it was a bumpy road, but we're happy you're here now.

My latest lockdown adventure has been finally cutting the cord. Thought about it for ages, but this is about as good as any time to do it. Bought a Roku that arrived last Thursday, actually. It's funny because I've spent HOURS skimming around finding things I've wanted to watch for years ... but then not actually watching anything. It's like a whole new world out there.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:11 pm 

Howdy gorn! I cut the cord a few months ago. Love my Roku. My sister and I have spent quite a bit of time during this quarantine binge watching all kinds of shows. Some of the older TV series have held up well (particularly BTVS but I may be biased), others not so much. Okay, back to my project list.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:36 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey all... while cleaning out my storage closet, I found all my BtVS DVDs and so begin the binge watching... And just like that, I found myself missing this community. Never had a creative finger to put words to paper, but LOVED reading all the stories, which throws my imagination into overdrive!

Work has been off and over over the past 4 months, with no signs of it getting any better. In this free time, going to finish this binge session, then start Angel while catching back up on my old time favorite fics.

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:31 am 

Topics: 10
I finally made the call not to go to my Nana’s memorial. It’s 2000 miles away, and I can’t risk getting my family or myself sick. My mom isn’t going, either, nor are my sisters.

Nana always said it was more important to see people when they’re around than to go to their funerals. But I still wish I could get together my family grieve.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I'm so sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:46 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 2
Tiggrscorpio!! Omg thank God! I loved your first first meeting and S.C.O.O.B.Y.S!! Welcome back!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:53 pm 

Y'all, a couple of weeks ago I ventured out to the mall for a new pair of jeans and I was shook. About 1/4 of the stores are permanently closed and I found out JCP and Macy's were scheduled to close as well. I haven't really been anywhere since March, except work, grocery, and a few restaurants to pick up take-out. So, it was a huge reality check for me. I know it's not all COVID, but it definitely put the nail in the retail coffin. Gone are the days of running out to quickly pick up something you need. I mean, I like online shopping just as much as everyone else, but not for clothes, and I don't know about y'all, but I need to try that shit on first!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:41 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I live on amazon these days. I just look for online clothes stores with free returns!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:02 pm 

All these people bitching because they can't go to bars or parties and I'm over here like...I just want some time to myself without constant interruption!! lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:06 pm 
28. Com...plete

About two months ago my aerial studio starting doing semi-private in person lessons (4 students, all six feet apart with no shared equipment) and it was such a godsend after 6 months of nothing but home, work, the grocery store, and an occasional walk to the park. But, cases are spiking here - and everywhere - and I just found out they're closing the studio again. I guess it's back to the occasional online exercise class, and losing all the progress I had regained :( (I was just getting good at straddle-ups too...)

I keep reminding myself that I'm still lucky cause I get to leave the house 3 days a week for work, but I'm tired of having nothing fun in my life. I love my partner, but it's hard to have excitement and adventures with nothing but two people and a cat stuck in an apartment for 8 months straight.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:16 pm 

Back in early March, during a trip to the grocery store, I remember seeing one person wearing a mask and latex gloves. I remember thinking how strange it was to see someone masked up at the grocery store.

Fast forward eight months and it's exactly the opposite. Now, if you see someone unmasked, it's kind of the same reaction. I mean seriously, at this point in the game, how can ANYONE feel like it's ok to be in a crowded public place unmasked?

These last eight months have been an eye opening experience for me. It's brought out the best and worst in people, mostly the worst and especially here in Texas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:29 pm 

*Warning* Depressing, long entry and with a hard dose of reality.

I learned that a friend’s father passed away today from COVID.

This friend, (N), is a member of our bowling league. Through our group of friends my wife and I have hung out with N and her wife at several parties, nights out, dinners and of course bowling. We became friends on social media, Facebook to be more specific, and learned more about each other’s lives. N is a nurse, she loves animals and takes home every stray she finds. When another friend’s elderly mother developed a bed sore, N drove 30 miles out of her way to check on the woman 3x a week. She cares deeply and has a big heart.

It was a few weeks into our “Facebook friendship” when I discovered our political and social opinions were diametrically opposed to each other. N is a hardcore Trumper.

I did my best to steer clear of her hateful rhetoric and posts praising Trump and buying into conspiracy after conspiracy, I even blocked her posts from my feed so I would not be temped to argue with her. She, however, did everything she could to get under my skin and reacted aggressively towards anyone who had an opposing view. Rational discussion was not on her radar. Things became heated online and I asked her to please stop. She didn’t, of course, and I eventually unfriended her when she suggested anyone opposed to Trump was a “complete and total moron.”

Of course having to see her every week in our bowling league made for an awkward situation. So I nipped it in the bud and told her, no hard feelings, we’re just not compatible online and left it at that.

Why am I rambling with all this backstory? Because, in keeping with the rabid Trump supporter stereotype...she was/is a hardcore anti-masker. While I don’t know all the details behind how her father contracted the virus, I can’t help but speculate that her rhetoric about not following the basic health guidelines had something to do with it. He did not agree with her politically, but when a health professional you are close to gives you advice, you tend to listen.

Her father was super and he and N were incredibly close. She was a true Daddy’s girl. They bowled in 2 other leagues together and he frequently came to watch her bowl in our league as well. He was one of the nicest people I’ve ever met and he spent 5 weeks in the hospital battling the virus. He died alone, in the ICU on a ventilator. The same horrible story repeating itself over and over and over again.

So, when I saw the record number of COVID deaths today, I couldn’t help but think how he was one of them. How today he became a statistic; a faceless number on an ever growing chart. And how it is entirely possible his death was directly attributed to the rhetoric and falsehoods perpetuated by his own daughter, whom he loved dearly above all others.

Rest In Peace J, you will not be forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:51 pm 

Since my last post, above, another close friend has lost her mother and another her sister. When will it end?

Personally, I just spent several stressful days awaiting the outcome of a COVID test. Negative, thankfully. A test because I was directly exposed by a moron at work who tested positive and I was also experiencing minor symptoms.

This person, the spouse, and one of their kids are positive because they’re fuckin stupid. Going to parties, eating out, hanging with friends...all unmasked. “But it was all outside, so it’s ok.” I tried to explain that anytime you’re unmasked, and in close proximity with groups of other unmasked people for long periods of time, you’re vulnerable. They blew me off, called me a “mask nazi” and “overreactive,” did a lot of eye rolling, etc. Well, now they have to suffer the consequences of their actions. The person from work is short of breath (refuses to quit smoking while infected), the spouse and kid coughing nonstop. I care about all of them but I’m just so fucking pissed at their irresponsibility. I only have three employees this time of year, and this shit puts the entire business at risk! Stupid.