The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Coming Back (Updated 01/18/08)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:24 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
awwwww. That was so great. Now I have to go back and reread this wonderful fic to remind myself what happened. But I couldn't help myself from reading this anyway :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:39 am 
19. Yummy Face

Wow! Great update-y goodness... It's good that Willow and Tara could forgive each other... I hope that there is more :wtkiss and maby even naked snugglies in the future...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:06 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Did you know that your title says "New Fic: Coming Back ([date])"? I mean, NEW? :lmao

Anyway, I like the switch to Buffy's pov in the beginning of the chapter. After all, she played a large part in the previous hours, relating to Tara what happened during those intervening years. Very smooth to have Buffy bring us to Willow's room to witness the reconnection.

There's still stuff to talk about, to share the missing pieces, to solidify the acknowledge love. But it was important to get the...important stuff out there first.

Quote:
I love it when you call me ‘sweetie’

Quote:
I love it when you call me ‘baby’

Oh swoon.
[br]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:13 pm 
3. Flaming O

Ok so I just found this fic yesterday and I stayed up ridiculusly late trrying to finish it (i didnt, I had to finish it today). This story is absolutly amazing. It coveys such emotion and it is just so touching to read. You really make the reader feel like they are experiencing what the characters are, like they are right there with them.
I can't wait to read more of this amazing fic. Please dont make up wait forever for another update... Idont think Ican wait that long!!!!

Your Fan,

Em

Post subject: Re: Continuing Fic: Coming Back (Updated 01/18/08)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:29 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
That was so incredibly sweet. And even with all the lovely snuggling Willow and Tara were doing (as well as important-type talking) I think the moment I liked the most was when Buffy took a peek into Willow's room and saw them. With everything Buffy's done, not just for Willow but for both of them, to the point where she had to be really brave to talk to Tara the way she did (and end up agonising about whether she did the right thing afterwards), she really deserved a piece of the happiness that's now blossoming. And that's what that scene felt like - Buffy couldn't actually be in the bed sharing the snuggles (for various reasons) but in a sense she kind of metaphorically was; she got to share the warm fuzzy feelings of the moment.

I liked Willow and Tara's conversation too - deep and meaningful in relatively few words, but you've done the hard work of bringing them to this point, so that it didn't feel forced or rehearsed. Just very natural, and the moment of Tara forgiving Willow was incredible - and yet, I liked the cute little ending of the chapter, with Tara jokingly (though no doubt sincerely too) paraphrasing Willow's own words. Very cute and funny, without undermining the seriousness of what they were saying just a moment before.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:42 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I sing a song of Gay Now,
Her talents bold and bright.
Our girls have come out to play now,
'twas a wondrous, wonderful night.

First of all, girl, I am so, so happy you wrote this; that you're sticking with this. When the words don't come tumbling forth and you have to work, work hard and in frustration, to wrest the story from your psyche...and you do it--that's something to be proud of. I guess what I'm saying is...Rock on, good scribe.

OK, so the update...First of all, I love that Buffy gave us the intro to this section. It made perfect sense, b/c she's been the connection b/w the two over an extended period of estrangement. And goddess, do you do an effective job of portraying that angst that accompanies trying to be a good friend when you truly care about both people. Yes, she's emotionally closer to Willow, but it's a tribute to her essential integrity that she didn't just "dump" Tara, or malign her in any way. I think that canon Buffy had this quality--on her good days--and I always liked it. So her motivation is good, but...WHAT TO DO? Speak up? Speak up a little? Truth with a capital T, as a wise woman once wrote? What's the best, most loving thing to do? And dang, it looks to be quite some distance from the easiest thing to do, doesn't it? That post-mortem questioning, examining the actions and their motivations...I get that, I truly do. As someone who grapples with analysis paralysis on a near-daily basis, I can attest to the fact that it doesn't make for a simple life.

As ever, your descriptive powers are fantastic. The paragraphs on Willow awakening in Tara's embrace were just so palpable. I could actually feel Tara's breasts against my back. And then I excused myself for a few moments. And then I came back. This was a great scene, Car.

And finally--their conversation, or the first installment thereof. I like that you retained some tension there (Tara's slight stiffening at the question) b/c let's face it--girls haven't communicated in a year. Yes, they're joined at the souls but even the most remarkable, resilient plants need some water. But Willow explains herself and Tara steps forward (I love their symmetry in that regard, by the way--they each take these steps forward, like that walk of faith in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, or whatever the last one was), not knowing for sure if they would find secure footing unless they stepped forward and risked it) and the move into that next place. And damn, I love this:
Quote:
Tara’s brow furrowed as she looked at their entwined hands. She looked back up and answered, “I just do. I always have. It’s who I am.”
That really captures it, doesn't it?

So good, girl, and such a satisfying read.

Mucho smoochos~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:29 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Continuing fic indeed. I like the separation of sections here. Buffy's is kind of exposition in case we forgot what's going on. Poor Buffy working with dark circles under her eyes. And the W/T part is just lovely. Sad and touching but lovely nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:46 pm 
9. Gay Now

Car!

What a lovely and perfect update to this story -- I loved the point of view o' Buffy agonizing over her actions. Yeah, I would have too - she was kind of harsh with Tara (but in a full-disclosure and very necessary sort of way). I think that it was important for Tara to fully understand how Willow responded to her actions, Willow was beyond devastated and how could Tara possibly understand the extent of what needs to be tended to with sweet tender Willow without understanding Willow's response -- the *depth* of Willow's response.

Buffy was great in this update -- and I think that,on her better days, in the show she had the potential to be this kind of friend. I was glad to see you capture that aspect of her... 'cos sometime it was a bit, uh, lost on the show. I am always secretly thrilled when a good story (that'd be this) captures one of the best aspects of a character.

That said -- the whole snuggling,/dreaming/waking in each others arms and Buffy's witnessing of their closeness was so sweet and tender it made me get a little teary. Ok, deeply premenstrual at the moment -- but stil. *sniff*.

Thanks for the update, Car!

This story is awesome and I am looking forward to seeing it unfold /finish.

Yay for a coming back update!!

Double, triple yay, even!

db

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:02 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

you updated *dreamy* :D :D :D :D :D *hug* *squeeze*

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:14 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

It's so good to see an update on this! I've been really looking forward to the continuation of this storyline, wondering what happened and what will happen next. Thank you for keeping it alive!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:53 pm 
2. Floating Rose

You're writing is amazing! I can feel every emotion pouring off each of the characters. Well done!! I've just finished this entire fic up until your last update and am already feeling withdrawals. Please, please update soon!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:16 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Loving it so far. Keep it up.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:01 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I very much enjoyed reading this story .. great work for your first fic! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:52 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hi,
Any hope for a update soonmaybe?
I love the story and more would be grand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:31 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Okay...I'm sure you know its been forever. And I totally re-read this all the time and suck at feedback so I've not left much, but if I have to beg I will. Please please please write again. I miss this fic!!!!!

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:13 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I'm trying....I promise. When I have something new, Kittens will be the first to know.

Thanks for the continued interest!!

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:56 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Carleen,

Glad to hear there's a chance for more on this story. It's definitely one of my favorites. Good luck with the writing process. ;-)

Laura

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:34 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I'm BA-ACK!

Can you hear the ominous music?

I'm not really even entirely sure what happened there, I just sort of... wasn't around for awhile. What's it been, a year or so? Well, I'm all caught up on this fic now. You still know how to pull on the ol' heart strings, don't you, Car?

Well, much of my personal life has changed, but if any of my old friends want information about that, I'm sure you all can message me. I don't know how often I'll be on now, but I have no intention of going anywhere in the more long-term sense, and perhaps, perhaps, very soon, I'll be working on a new fic of my own - if anyone wants to check it out. I've got some ideas (and I'm looking for a beta!)

*smiles* I loved this update, Car. There was a little bit of angst, a little bit of hurt, but mostly it was just nice.

You've reminded me why Willow and Tara used to be like friggin' crack for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:17 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Any chance of finishing this off?

I mean "I love it when you call me baby." and cuddles is not a bad place to stop, and we can all see that they are definately getting back together.

It would be nice to see it though...

Please?

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:43 am 
19. Yummy Face

:geek

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 pm 
19. Yummy Face

:tumble

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:04 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
GayNow wrote:
:tumble

So . . . How would you say it's going?

Lulz.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:10 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi Carleen. I like your new western theme lol.
I spent a while away from the KB (so long that I was unable to retrieve my old password and made a new login) and finally came back about a week ago. I was apprehensive to start a new story because I love our girls and when I find an amazing story I really get sucked in and then my heart breaks a little when it's left unfinished. Coming Back grabbed my attention and didn't let go (not that I would want it to). It renewed that special place in my heart for Willow and Tara and I can't tell you how much I love Buffy's relationship with both of them and how raw everyone's emotions are and how fiercly they love and care for each other and how you've captured the essence of love that is Willow and Tara and I guess what I'm babbling on about instead of saying is... I love your story and whenever you update I will glued to every word.

Liv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:53 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I'm hoping to find my way back into this story. It may include a rewrite with some extensive edits. It may not. I'm not sure yet.

But I haven't forgotten about it. It's still on my mind. I need to get together with watty to hash it out - I can't do this without her helping me and backing me up. That's what we do. :-)

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:30 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 9
I was at this board before the years you posted this and have just returned in the last few years. I am kind of disappointed I missed it the first time around, but if you are bringing it back I am so glad for the good timing to be reading it now - even if you weren't going to bring it back, I am glad this showed up so I can read it now.
The two things I love most about this story- well three, the first being the wonderful, complex, and nuanced characterization you have given our girls. The others: your flow- I love how the story unfolds, how you peel back the layers of their experience, letting the readers find the story within. The other- its one of my favorite things to see -or read- a writer coming into their own, or unleashing what was inside. Your work gets better with every pass. I do hope you continue this!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:58 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
How did I miss this fic in my last 10 years? It was so moving and so intense. I hope the unfinished gestalt calls to you. Though it could end here. You leave me feeling content and happy. Not meaning to bump, but this is a fic that everyone should read.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20