The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Willow/Tara... Lego?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:17 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
A little something I put together late last year:

Based on Useful_Oxymoron's Tinker, tailor, soldier... spaz collection (specifically the second one, The Honourable Scoundrel), Tara's Blue Leader hotrod Y-Wing, with elongated engines, stabiliser fins, and the main engine pylons angled rather than straight (although I cheated a bit based on the parts I had to hand, the new pylons don't actually bring the engines any closer to the fuselage, and they're 45 degrees rather than 50... and I only realised on re-reading that the story never specifies if the new pylons are angled forward or back, I just assumed forward because it seems more agile that way). In other respects it's just a standard Lego Y-Wing from a few years back - I got a new Gold Leader one as part of the Rogue One line, so I figured it was time to follow up the idea I'd had from the story back when I first read it and modify this one.

Still a few odds and ends to go (which I guess means at least one more post for this thread someday) - I need to go hunting through my spare parts for blue discs to replace the yellow on the engine pods, and I'll be swapping the current droid for one with a transparent head, so it's a proper R3. Might also swap Tara's flight suit and helmet for one of the newer, more detailed ones they did for Rogue One. I'm also (naturally) looking at options for a matching Willow minifig, in a rebel tech outfit - might use a spare hair from the new Barbara Gordon for that, it's a bit curlier than I'd at first thought, but Willow's hair wasn't always straight, so it'll work.

So yeah, Willow/Tara Star Wars Lego, that's now a thing.

Last edited by Artemis on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Willow/Tara... Lego?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:54 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I mean this in the least creepiest way possible, but I fangirl over you regularly and this kind of stuff is exactly the reason why.

I love making W/T crafty stuff. I've used the various graphic generator things like Peanuts style and Powerpuff Girl style, some W/T cookies, a W/T yule manger, got W/T coke bottles printed up when that promotion was happening but somehow LEGO never occurred to me!

Yours is brilliant. Plus you sent me towards that story thread, which I don't think I'd seen before. Looking forward to seeing any additions/amendments!

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:41 am 
18. Breast Gal

Aw, thanks :blush (Not creeped, promise.)

So, as promised, minifigs to go along with Tara's Y-Wing:

Like I was thinking earlier, Tara's now wearing a Rogue One flight suit (from a U-Wing pilot as it happens, but I'm sure the rebellion just used whatever was to hand rather than trying to keep all their gear uniform), there's the new transparent-headed astromech as R3-Y5 (who's kind of a precursor to Chopper from Rebels, as the surliest droid in the galaxy), and Willow's hair is from Barbara Gordon; her outfit is from Commander Sato (Rebels again), because it was a rebellion costume so that works, looks utilitarian enough for tech work, but has a bit of style to it. (The faces aren't ideal, but there's a shortage of flesh tone female faces, so this is the best I could scrounge up. Not a great many blonde and redhead hair pieces to choose from either, as it happens.)

And while I had those minifigs out, I thought I'd redress them to fit into the Willow/Tara Supergirl verse hinted at in one of the TV guide graphics at the end of She-Ra episodes - so this is a Lego set of an uber W/T pair from a tv show that exists in a fictional world in which the She-Ra fics are a real tv show. Getting into Inception kinds of things here.

Willow Luthor and Tara Zor-El, in front of the little Fortress of Solitude piece I put together for the regular Supergirl - actually made out of the parts of the first version of Elsa's Ice Palace from Frozen, since a second version came out recently that's larger and better looking. What's going on with Willow's hands is an idea that popped into my head kind of fully-formed for how the season finale for Supergirl could go, with Lillian (I guess Sheila in this version? Let's call her Lillian anyway, 'Sheila' just doesn't have that ring of villainy, especially if you're Australian) using some evil doohickey to turn the sun red, thus depriving Supergirl of powers, and of course it goes out of control and the Earth's going to be destroyed in a supernova, and then Lena/Willow shows up, and it turns out that in earlier episodes when she was looking all suspicious hunting down the Warsuit from Lex's arsenal (I suppose that'd be Xander here, given the similar names), she actually wanted it so she could rework its kryptonite radiation emitters to project intense sunlight, so she can power up Tara, Earth is saved, and there's so much kissing. (Not with Mon-El though, obviously.) The season finale won't be for a couple more months or something, I'm going to stay in my fantasy world until then.

Last edited by Artemis on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:32 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

All hail.

Really, those are fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:58 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
I can't even, with how epic this is.

Plus so jealous of all the Lego's you own...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:51 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Dude... I... what?

Your awesomeness knows no bounds, sir.

None.

I bow to thee. :bow

Cheers
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:35 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
What a talent - brilliant stuff!

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:07 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Thanks all :grin

Now, the problem with making a Willow Tara Lego thread is, once you've shown off Lego Willow and Tara, you have to think up something else to fill the thread with. But I had an idea, helped (again) by the Star Wars crossover - a little scene from the original Tinker Tailor Soldier Spaz. On the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer Executor...

...Willow sneakily steals data for the Rebellion right from under the helmeted nose of the Dark Lord of the Sith himself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:14 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Amazing! Thanks a lot for the shared idea! Your story is worthy a read!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:06 am 
18. Breast Gal

Thanks :grin Although I should restate, it's Useful_Oxymoron's story, I just happen to have a Lego super star destroyer sitting around to use as a prop... As chance would have it there's a new Mos Eisley Cantina set due this year, and since I've already got an earlier one of those I might do a little refitting to the bar on Kuat where Willow and Tara meet, and just generally add more 'illustrations' generally. (I did have a plot worked out for a Willow/Tara Star Wars story, but it would've been prequel-era, with Tara as a young Jedi Knight - and obviously that whole 'a Jedi shall know not love' thing goes right out the window in a hurry.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:54 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Chris - these might appeal to you! I plan on getting them soon.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/5660817 ... e-minifigs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:40 am 
18. Breast Gal

Awesome! I'll be ordering those first thing Monday, thanks for the pointer :bounce

Along the same lines, here's my default Willow and Tara - in Lego Yellow because I've got a lot more pieces to choose from (including the midriff-baring top for Tara), and I'm perpetually short of flesh tone minifigs (I mean, I've got heaps, but they're all being whoever they're being, it's actually not that often I end up with a duplicate I can use for spares to make 'new' characters - another reason the above W&T will be good to get, as well as just supporting the Kitten Industrial Complex in general).

As the Lego Movie taught us, holding hands = love:

Attachments:
legolovebirds.jpg
legolovebirds.jpg [ 70.88 KiB | Viewed 10684 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

If that cat was orange all I'd be able to see is pre-haircut wayhaught :lol :lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Got 'em! Posing alongside supervillain Willow and Tara in front of their volcano lair, because yes I am working on that short fic.

Attachments:
legonewwt.jpg
legonewwt.jpg [ 78.36 KiB | Viewed 10553 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
:clap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:34 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Screw adult expenses, they look too cool! I just bought them. I don't even play with Lego anymore but I may re-start! Can't wait to see what adventures you have them go on Chris :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:00 am 
18. Breast Gal

Laragh wrote:
I just bought them. I don't even play with Lego anymore but I may re-start!

Yep, that's how it starts, and then before you know it you're wondering how you can rearrange the shelves to make room for the Bat-Space Shuttle.

Speaking of which, since the shuttle's there I temporarily pulled the girls off volcano duty to be the Bat and the Cat, which is just something I've mused about for ages. There's no actual story idea, as such, I just love Batman Returns, and thinking of W&T doing the insane-sexual-tension "mistletoe can be deadly" scene, not to mention Tara straddling Willow then licking her mask...

Attachments:
legobatwt.jpg
legobatwt.jpg [ 83.53 KiB | Viewed 10516 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:54 am 
18. Breast Gal

Since I had the Lego out anyway (oh who am I kidding, I never put it away), I mocked up a little teaser for this year's February 14 fic, which got underway on Friday. Why is Willow and genie, why is Tara a fairy, and where are they going on their magical airship? Well all I'll say for now is, don't worry: Willow can form her lower body when she wants to :blush

Attachments:
legovalentine.jpg
legovalentine.jpg [ 61.3 KiB | Viewed 10395 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 am 
18. Breast Gal

Posting this here because a) it's just the one image and I didn't want to make a whole new thread just for that, and b) I had Lego Willow and Tara on the table in front of me as a guide while I was building - Minecraft (Lego) Willow and Tara! And MKF, of course (her eyes are actually creeper heads, that works better than I thought from a distance). I tried to represent Tara's crooked smile using a step piece, but I'm not really happy with that, so I may come back to it. They're mostly made of wool, if you're curious.

As you can see they're part of my all-purpose Field Of Giants for various characters I'm fond of (and rightly, W&T are in the front row) - besides Zatanna, Power Girl, and Wonder Woman, She-Hulk's behind Willow, you can just see the edge of Samara (from Mass Effect) beside Tara, and Isabella from Dragon Age 2 is off to the right. The railway leads to the ocean to the left (where I walled off and drained the area around an ocean monument, because I wanted to have a good look at the structure but being underwater unnerves me) and to the right, a 1:1 scale Great Pyramid. It's an odd little world.

Attachments:
mcwilltara.jpg
mcwilltara.jpg [ 88.53 KiB | Viewed 9807 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:47 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I want the mcwilltara to be the next special item at McDonalds.