The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who Are You Shipping These Days? (And Why?)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:44 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
It's safe to say that if you're here... you agree that our Ladies of Lesbianism: Willow and Tara are the OG OTP (Original Gangsta One True Pairing)

And long may they reign.

BUT! Thanks to our favorite Sapphic Duo, Women Loving Women (WLW) pairings have become a genuine *thing* in programming these days (and not just for a ratings boost... usually).

To that I say Woo! (and add a hearty) Hoo!

SO! Who are you "shipping" these days? What television WLW couple (or *almost* couple, OR, *wouldn't it be amazing IF* couple) gets your heart purring pitter-pat?

Share here and tell us why! Include a screen shot or two if you like. Or, heck, even fan art! Why not??

I'll start us off...

Currently, I am shipping hard for "MysteryPearl" on Steven Universe. "MysteryPearl" is shipper shorthand for "Mystery Girl (aka Sheena) + Pearl".

Sheena is an Earth human with dyed pink hair, an impressive stature and natural curves. Pearl is a female-identifying gay rock from space whose appearance is a conscience manifestation of light.

PEARL IS SO NERVOUS AND IT IS SO DAMN CUTE!!

I know!! What's not to love, AMIRITE??

They've met ONCE. They haven't been on a date yet because Pearl has been busy saving the Earth from other, meaner, space rocks. So...priorities, ya know?

WATCH THE EPISODE WHERE THEY MEET - It's only 10 minutes long! DO EEEEET. Last One Out of Beach City

But I cannot wait for the day that things settle down enough for Pearl to give Mystery Girl a call and for them to get down to some intergalactic smoochies.

And if you aren't watching Steven Universe already.... GET TO IT! It is a wonderful, beautiful, queer-positive cartoon that is all about LOVE. AND it already has an established long-term lesbian couple in the form of Garnet (and I am totally shipping her/them too!). Garnet is a "fusion" who is made up of two other Gems (Ruby and Sapphire) who are in love with each other and have been together for 4000 years. Four. Thousand. Years. Garnet rarely unfuses... but when she does... OMG RUPPHIRE CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!

So yeah... Steven Universe is the shizzle.

Your turn!! Who are you all in a tizzy about these days?

Cheers
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

Last edited by DarkWiccan on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Who Are You Shipping These Days? (And Why?)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:23 pm 
9. Gay Now

WayHaught (Waverly Earp + Nicole Haught) from Wynonna Earp... They definitely had hots for each other since their first meeting. They look so yummy together and the actors are adding little things to keep themselves and the viewers hooked.

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:03 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

zampsa19752001 wrote:
WayHaught (Waverly Earp + Nicole Haught) from Wynonna Earp...

Yessssss.

I am ALSO a fan of these two.

I mean... you've got a redhead and a honey-colored blonde. What is not to love, AMIRITE?

Plus, Waverly is just plain adorable. And Nicole is so noble and STRONG. I mean DID YOU SEE the way she just swooped Waverly up like she weighed less than air and deposited her on the bed with such tenderness?

ImageImageImage
Lesbian BALLET!

So, yes.... there is much to be said for WayHaught!!

Cheers
DW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:06 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Stef + Lena from The Fosters (though I haven't seen the latest season yet, so hoping nothing happened there that would make me change my mind).

They're like the television version of the fanfic I like to read. Strong marriage, raising kids, getting through the trials and tribulations together. Easily the most 'real' portrayal of a middle-aged lesbian couple we've probably ever had on TV.

It just ended, but I grew to love Allison + Emily on Pretty Little Liars. That show is so crazy I didn't know what I was being set up for when they finally got together but hey, it worked out. Marriage + babies. Hey, I have a type.

I shipped Alex + Piper in Orange is the new black for a long time, then I grew weary of Piper, but I'd still put them together over anyone else.

Delphine + Cosima on Orphan Black. You gotta love a story where you try so hard not to fall for someone but you're damned if you can stop it.

Bo + Lauren on Lost Girl (though it's over now). They made my heart happy, and they were super hot.

In saying all this, I don't think I've shipped a couple to the point of seeking out fanfiction for them in a while.

Kelly/Yorkie from the San Junipero episode of Black Mirror was the last one, before that it was Idgie/Ruth because I rewatched Fried Green Tomatoes.

I'd ship Luisa from Jane the Virgin with anyone. She's so pretty.

One thing I love is that I don't ship any of the couples mentioned so far in other posts. When I was coming out ~10 years ago you consumed and shipped EVERYTHING. I think it's great that we're moving towards more representation that we actually have the freedom to not ship a sapphic couple on TV.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:20 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
WayHaught... to the point that I'm now reading their fanfic. Unfortunately, it's not very well written and nowhere near the quality of the KB.

This couple is adorable! And my God...Waverly's private cheer routine? H.O.T.

DarkWiccan:
Quote:
I mean DID YOU SEE the way she just swooped Waverly up like she weighed less than air and deposited her on the bed with such tenderness?

Because Waverly DOES weigh less than air! :lol That girl is so damn skinny.

Laragh:
Quote:
Stef + Lena from The Fosters

I love them and Lena is absolutely gorgeous, but I just can't with this show anymore! Too. Much. Drama. Those damn kids NEVER learn! And seriously, how many times is Callie gonna get taken away? Plus, I live the "real portrayal of a middle-aged lesbian couple" on a daily basis. Soooooooooo........... :-p

Lastly, Piper and Alex. I really do love Alex, but Piper is so irritating sometimes that I just want to reach in and slap the shit out of her! LOL I agree with Laragh in that I'd also put them together over anyone else, even though Piper is questionable. They were very sweet together this last season, but it only spanned 3-days. So technically, they were getting along for only a short period of time. I just feel like Piper lives in the moment and I don't trust her to stay faithful if she ends up getting out before Alex. She is soooooo flakey sometimes.

Ok, that's my two-cents!

-xoxo

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:32 am 
9. Gay Now

Quote:
DID YOU SEE the way she just swooped Waverly up like she weighed less than air and deposited her on the bed with such tenderness?

I absolutely love the fact that Kat decided on the set that she should pick her up. That was not on the script.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:34 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I feel like I definitely need to jump on board this WayHaught (I just got their name when I said it out loud) business.

I have a kind of inverse questions, stemming from this:

Does anyone have a couple they wish they hadn't started shipping? I'm remembering the fall out about 'Clexa' from The 100 and the like.

As horrific as it was to initially go through the W/T stuff (not saying anymore because headcanons are real canon as far as I'm concerned + board rules), I wouldn't go back for anything. I started writing, which at times has been my only joy, I've met amazing people, I've taken amazing trips and had the most wonderful experiences and conversations and growth, all because of W/T and the community we've built here around them. Without exaggerating, they are the reason I'm still here, or at least still here in a meaningful way.

But my god if I could have known how Callie/Arizona from Grey's Anatomy would end. I remember being pissed off with the way they sent Erica off way back when, but we were sold so many promises and 'MFEO' (made for each other) lines by Shonda. GOOD MEN IN THE STORM DON'T CHEAT SHONDA. I knew I should've given up when the baby storyline started (you know it has to be a clusterfuck if even I don't want them to have a baby) but I didn't. I hung in there. Until a month or two before the cheating stuff happened and I literally stopped mid episode as I read spoilers and never went back. I saw some isolated clips of the court battle stuff and omg, Shonda. Just stop. I never thought I could hate a showrunner more than Ilene Chaiken. (Joss has a special place in hell and is imcomparable).

I partially feel the same about Brittany/Santana from Glee only because the Glee fandom is cray cray. But I least the actual characters had a somewhat satisfying ending.

Sometimes life is hard being a shipper.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:04 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Laragh wrote:
Does anyone have a couple they wish they hadn't started shipping?

Ugh... yes.

Bette/Tina from the show that shall not be named.

Callie/Arizona from Grey's Anatomy

I'm sure there are probably others, but those are the two that stuck in my craw.

BUT! Back to ships currently worth shipping...

"Sanvers" Alex Danvers/Maggie Sawyer on Supergirl. I can't wait for season three!!

Cheers,
DW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:18 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Quote:
"Sanvers" Alex Danvers/Maggie Sawyer on Supergirl. I can't wait for season three!!

This is another show/couple I've wanted to start watching but was scared to without knowing the ending. I think I've become old and jaded.

I have a bad habit of only caring about a ship if I really get into them and I miss a lot of good show content because of it. Or worse, really liking a show but not being able to continue if a ship goes wrong.

Why oh why have I such a weakness for pretty girls living in sweet sapphic domesticity?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:43 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

WayHaught fans (or potential fans...::cough:cough::Laragh::cough:cough::...) May find this video of the WayHaught panel from Clexa Con earlier this year enjoyable...

WayHaught Panel

Cheers!
DW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:32 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I have to say... one of the best things about shipping animated characters is that (in addition to fanfic) there is TONS of fan art!! And a lot of it is really terrific!

Exhibit A: This adorable MysteryPearl sketch drawn to celebrate the 4th of July.

I mean... how cute is that?!?

K... enough from me... back to work.

Cheers!
DW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:59 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I LOVE fan art.

Peeps go have a browse through the Magic In Two forum if you never have, some great W/T fanart floating about.

I loved this W/T one when I saw it, because, yes, fort! (that should be included in a challenge sometime.)

And these are different styles but some of my faves of Yorkie/Kelly:

I tend to prefer the sweet (as opposed to sexy) fanart.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:27 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I love hand-drawn fan art!

In my experience, it's harder to find the kind of art-style I like in re: W/T. But, I'm picky and weird.

However! I do love "cute" (not necessarily well-drawn) stuff now and then!

Like this one made me LOL:

:grin :grin :grin
DW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:38 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:rofl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:17 pm 

OMG! Hahahahaha! And true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:31 am 
9. Gay Now

:)) :rofl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:15 am 
10. Troll Hammer

OMFG WAYHAUGHT IS GOING TO GIVE ME AN ANEURYSM.

I. CANNOT. DEAL. WITH. ALL. THE. AWESOME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:38 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

THEY. ARE. KILLING. ME.

I am SO glad this thread made me start watching because JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

They are PERFECT.

So much gay. So much. AND IT CAN GET GAYER!

Seriously though, what a lovely couple. Realistic, sweet. One of my favourite things is how Waves falling for Nic was no big deal. She was a little scared at first, which is normal, but then she went for it and there was no awkwardness or weirdness with her saying 'my baby' or 'my lady' (swoon, by the way).

I think I'm going to go back and just watch all their scenes on youtube and then get my tweet on. We HAVE to get this show renewed!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:57 am 
9. Gay Now

They definitely have to get renewed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:37 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

If anyone (like me) is being a dumbass and not watching Wynonna Earp yet:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:35 pm 

LARAGH!! See? I told you! I'm not your JMT for nothing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:30 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Thank god I have my JMT and my Gay Yoda here to set me gayly forward on these things!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:25 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Is Supergirl worth it at all? Chyler Leigh is cute and all but I don't know if I'm up for all the crazy I've seen this weekend (on both side)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:13 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
Laragh, probably not. I've already read that her girlfriend isn't full time on the new season, so we will not have the screen time we'd like to see between them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:54 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Despite them having zero screen time together, on account of not even being in the same series (or timeline), after watching the first two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery I'm left thinking, y'know, I bet Captain Georgiou would've got on great with Commodore Paris from Star Trek: Beyond, maybe before she was captain of the Shenzhou, and that would've been fifteen years or so before Paris was in charge of a starbase, they got assigned together and went charging around the galaxy being Starfleet badasses and flirting outrageously. Because apparently I'm that much of a nerd :geek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:21 am 
9. Gay Now

Currently I'm shipping Deanoru (Karoline Dean + Nico Minoru) from Marvel's Runaways.

Attachments:
Deanoru.jpg
Deanoru.jpg [ 106.09 KiB | Viewed 12072 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:02 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I've been recently converted to Vanessa/Charity from a British soap called Emmerdale. I was burned badly by a soap couple before but I got hooked in. They're really funny but man do they know how to dose out the feels.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:42 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 131
Venessa is back in Emmerdale but Charity and Makenzie have a thing going. But Charity is a notorious cheater. I think Charity and Venessa is the only thing that can eclipse the Charity-Cain thing. They gave Cain Moria and they went through so much nonsense but got back together. They've lost Robert and Aaron from a viewer hungry ITV Executive perspective it would make sense to play out a will they wont they for a while before rekindling. They could get like three years out of that including a murder mystery, murder cover up, bank robbery, fire at the woolpack and a natural disaster, Maybe a cow dies. Soaps are ridiculous but yet an institution of British culture.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms