The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 90  Next
 Post subject: Re: Looking for a Willow & Tara Fic Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:42 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi guys

I'm looking for a fic I read years ago where Willow was living with Buffy and Angel in a funeral parlour. I don't remember much else about it unfortunately just that I liked it which is why I was hoping to read it again. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:13 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
That would be Songs For A Mix Tape, by unionjill30. :cool

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:57 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Thanks very much Shelby that's it.

After I finish re-reading "Captain Red and the Denizens of Mars" I'll head over and re-read that. I love this place!!

Kim :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:14 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Ok, so now this is bugging me. Looking for fic where Tara uses and Egyptian spell that mimics death and she uses it in her dorm hallway after running into Glory. This is the same story Xebrite was looking for as well. Jenny takes over Tara's body because Buffy mimics Willow when they revive Tara and Buffy was thinking about all the people they had lost and Jenny Calendar in particular when she repeats Willows steps. Tara also takes Dawn shopping but it's actually Jenny. To fund the shopping Jenny/Tara use scratch off lottery tickets and Tara/Jenny flirts her way out of speeding ticket with a female cop.

I can't remember who wrote this or what it was called.I'm not even 100% sure I read it here on the kb. I also think it might have been in a series.

Any help?

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:05 pm 
9. Gay Now

I don't know that one, but i hope we can find it, because it sounds interesting :)

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:41 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 1
vampyregurl73 wrote:
Ok, so now this is bugging me. Looking for fic where Tara uses and Egyptian spell that mimics death and she uses it in her dorm hallway after running into Glory. This is the same story Xebrite was looking for as well. Jenny takes over Tara's body because Buffy mimics Willow when they revive Tara and Buffy was thinking about all the people they had lost and Jenny Calendar in particular when she repeats Willows steps. Tara also takes Dawn shopping but it's actually Jenny. To fund the shopping Jenny/Tara use scratch off lottery tickets and Tara/Jenny flirts her way out of speeding ticket with a female cop.

I can't remember who wrote this or what it was called.I'm not even 100% sure I read it here on the kb. I also think it might have been in a series.

Any help?

OK, the fic you are looking for is "Reward and Reprisal" by Lisa Countryman AKA Lisa Of Nine. It is the sequel to "Retribution and Reward" Way back in 2000-2002 Lisa posted links to her story updates and Kittens left feedback for her here. Unfortunately, those links are no longer valid as far as I can tell. Keep hoping they will suddenly become active again.. sigh.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:51 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Quote:
OK, the fic you are looking for is "Reward and Reprisal" by Lisa Countryman AKA Lisa Of Nine. It is the sequel to "Retribution and Reward" Way back in 2000-2002 Lisa posted links to her story updates and Kittens left feedback for her here. Unfortunately, those links are no longer valid as far as I can tell. Keep hoping they will suddenly become active again.. sigh.

Luckily there is this awesome archival site on the interwebs called "The Wayback Machine". I looked up Lisa's old URL there and was lucky enough to find an archived version of her site... including links to all of her stories.

Here it is! Lisa Countryman's Willow/Tara Fics

Cheers!
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:24 pm 
8. Vixen

*doing happy kitten dance* I knew I had read them! I knew I had read them! :banana :banana :eatme :eatme :bounce :bounce :applause :applause

I think there is still a working thread in the archives for Lisa's stories but I won't swear to it now that her website is no more.

DW, the wayback machine is a VERY good friend of mine!!!

I periodically check her links still hoping the same thing, Kajun. I've even wondered if I could offer to pay to have her stories hosted on her site again if she would let me do that for her.

I know she didn't want her stories archived anywhere other than her website which is now defunct, however, I do have her stories. When her website went belly up I used the wayback machine to get to them. They are just too good to be lost forever! I don't share them, I'm not reposting them anywhere or making any profit from them, but I do reread them every year or so. I even tried emailing her to ask permission first but got no response and when the email didn't bounce back...*shrug* so not sure if it was even ever received.

I knew it was part of a series, but I just couldn't put my finger on who the author was, which made it so frustrating! :gnome :gnome Like it was on the tip of my tongue and I was just drawing a blank! Guess I know what I'll be reading today! :grin :grin

Thanks to you both for pointing me in the right direction!!! :bow :bow :bow

Heather

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:36 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Phew! I never read those fics and I don't read fic anymore at all really, but even that one was bugging me!

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:39 pm 
9. Gay Now

This is why i back-up all the stories i like. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:54 pm 
8. Vixen

Lisa's Willow and Tara site was actually the very first fanfic site I found when I found the whole BTVS/Willow and Tara thing in late 2009. Her stories were the first I ever read and her site led to the kitten and a few others. So I have a special fondness for her stories.

I've never stopped reading new stuff or rereading old favorites, even though I'm not doing much of the writing aspect anymore. It was her stories that made me think I could write something again after not writing really much of anything since high school at least not for pleasure, that is.

Me too, Richard. That's why the wayback machine can be so useful.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:28 pm 
9. Gay Now

I had no idea it had vanished!

I Used the wayback link, and realised that i'd read it in the past.
And now it's gone?
Yay for the wayback machine!

And for a bad internet connection that lead me to the habit of storing stuff i like on my hard drive :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:14 am 
3. Flaming O

Holy crap. I'm glad someone got it. It was bugging the hell out of me.

I cannot say I've read all the fic, but I've read most of it. And clearly I've not read this one. Or this series even. But FYI you didn't need to Wayback. Most of Lisa's stuff is still up on jasmydae's site.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:12 pm 
8. Vixen

Thespian_Phryne,

Yes, Jasmydae's site does have Lisa's stories, I just wasn't sure I should mention another site because I know I can't include links to them.

I recommend them very much since you haven't read them, but as I mentioned I have a fondness for her stories.

I used the way back machine to get to Lisa's site because the sequel to one of her stories that is unfinished has some wonky links and since I wanted to save as much of that story as I could find that was the best way to do so.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:09 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hello all! I've been long absent from the Willow/Tara fanfic circle but have recently found myself nostalgic. I'm looking for a fic I read maybe 8-10 years ago. I don't know the title but I do have distinct memories of random details:

-Tara is an Imbolc mage and wants to shed her power, has to go through a "challenge" to do so
- For at least part of the story they are living at some type of sanctuary with female warriors who worship some goddess
-They have a daughter, Brianna (however in her first pregnancy Tara loses the baby but they are able to bring her spirit back later on)
-I think it's a series, meaning that the points above may be in different installments of a greater work

Any help if you know this series would be wonderful! Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:03 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

outside_ofme wrote:
Hello all! I've been long absent from the Willow/Tara fanfic circle but have recently found myself nostalgic. I'm looking for a fic I read maybe 8-10 years ago. I don't know the title but I do have distinct memories of random details:

-Tara is an Imbolc mage and wants to shed her power, has to go through a "challenge" to do so
- For at least part of the story they are living at some type of sanctuary with female warriors who worship some goddess
-They have a daughter, Brianna (however in her first pregnancy Tara loses the baby but they are able to bring her spirit back later on)
-I think it's a series, meaning that the points above may be in different installments of a greater work

The famous (for good reason) Unexpected Consequences and its sequel Milestones. Often referred to as the ultimate W/T fic(s) and top of the pile on everyone's recommendation's list!

Also note the original author's website no longer exists, so I've linked you through the wayback machine.

We don't normally allow off-site links on this thread, but because the author originally linked to her story from here and collected feedback here, it's an exception.

Milestones is unfinished, though there is a legendary 19th chapter floating around that some obliging kitten may be able to send to you.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:19 pm 
9. Gay Now

outside_ofme wrote:

I have it.
P.M me, and i'll email it to you.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:43 am 
3. Flaming O

AAAND found it by, you know, reading the thread....moron that I am. Cheers ladies

Hi all, I'm just looking to see if anyone has a link to 'Milestones' by Lisa Countryman? Her website isn't active anymore and I can't for the life of me find a copy anywhere :

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:26 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Boadecia wrote:
Hi all, I'm just looking to see if anyone has a link to 'Milestones' by Lisa Countryman? Her website isn't active anymore and I can't for the life of me find a copy anywhere :

Look two posts above yours :wink

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:39 am 
3. Flaming O

Ok I got to chapter 19, is there an obliging awesome kitten that can send me chapter 19? Pretty please?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:14 am 
8. Vixen

Milestones in the sunfinished sequel to Unexpected Consequences, but if anyone has more chapters I would be interested as well but I don't think they exist on the web.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:01 pm 
3. Flaming O

Boadecia wrote:
Ok I got to chapter 19, is there an obliging awesome kitten that can send me chapter 19? Pretty please?

Look 3 posts up. Azirahael has a copy of chap. 19

vampyregurl73 wrote:
Milestones in the sunfinished sequel to Unexpected Consequences, but if anyone has more chapters I would be interested as well but I don't think they exist on the web.

I think up to 19 is as far as you get.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:09 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yep. Chapter 19 has very obvious traces of unfinished-ness. So i think that's where she stopped :(

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:39 pm 
3. Flaming O

So, here I am, adding my favourite dog channels to my Instagram feed when who should I come across but Topher Brophy and his pup, Rosenberg the Dog. Which made me think of a fic called Puppy Rosenberg, set in Tamora Pierce's Kingdom of Tortall universe. I checked on Chris's site and, sure enough, there did used to be such a thing, but only 2 chaps.

Was there ever more?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:35 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

thespian_phryne wrote:
So, here I am, adding my favourite dog channels to my Instagram feed when who should I come across but Topher Brophy and his pup, Rosenberg the Dog. Which made me think of a fic called Puppy Rosenberg, set in Tamora Pierce's Kingdom of Tortall universe. I checked on Chris's site and, sure enough, there did used to be such a thing, but only 2 chaps.

Was there ever more?

Just a friendly reminder that the PENS forum is for PENS authors only. If you're looking for stories from other sites, please don't ask/reply here. There is a thread in the Litterbox Forum you may use if recommending or responding to a requested fic that is located on another site although we prefer you use the PM system to respond regarding off site stories. It's fine to ask about a story if you're unsure of where it is posted but please refrain from discussing stories that aren't on the Kitten in this thread or any thread in PENS.

Thanks --Kajun

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 pm 
3. Flaming O

thespian_phryne wrote:

Was there ever more?

So, lilcheesenip, uid=16638 of 2 completed stories in the DCP Archive & other incomplete ones never posted her Tortall story here?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:48 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

thespian_phryne wrote:
thespian_phryne wrote:

Was there ever more?

So, lilcheesenip, uid=16638 of 2 completed stories in the DCP Archive & other incomplete ones never posted her Tortall story here?

We have a FAQ in play here so if a story doesn't fit within that FAQ, authors will have it/them hosted elsewhere. There's also the case of authors posting on other fic archives before discovering the Kitten so it's reasonable to assume that all of one author's work may not be archived on a single website.

The issue here is that you were requesting info on a fic that you know is posted on another site. If you knew the author had stories here as well, it would have been helpful to provide her Kitten name in the original request.

Anyone with knowledge of this story is welcome to respond in this thread if the story is located on the Kitten. If it's not, then please reply via PM or in the Litterbox.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:06 pm 
3. Flaming O

Kajun wrote:

[....]

The issue here is that you were requesting info on a fic that you know is posted on another site. If you knew the author had stories here as well, it would have been helpful to provide her Kitten name in the original request.

[....]

Hey, it's cool. You don't know who does and doesn't read the FAQs. I figured that board relevance was what you were after so I confirmed her board uid. You know how it is with multiple uids on multiple indexes. It's easier to jog a memory with story concept/title. But as it is: zip!

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:05 pm 
2. Floating Rose

So I'm looking for a fic that I feel I have seen here... might be wrong..[PENSIVE FACE].. it starts out with willow and JFK but Tara comes back and she ends up being like a witch slayer? And she gets willow back to and I think JFK gos all villain or some thing. Anyway any help please? Or any thing kinda like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited by ImTheOtherOne on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:07 pm 
2. Floating Rose

JFK.. I'm why that turned to that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 90  Next