The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old School Kittens??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:14 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 1
It has been quite some time since I have been around these parts...I was wondering if there are any kittens of the old days around still? Have a good one ... :banana

"Introductions are tricky in a lesbian relationship. It's a word game. To my friends she's my lover, to strangers and family members in denial she's my roommate, to Jehovah's Witnesses at the door she's my lesbian sex slave, and to my mother she's Jewish and that's all that matters." ~~~Denise McCanles

Post subject: Re: Old School Kittens??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:38 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
You're a couple of years ahead of me, but I'd love to see some of the old timers come back.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:12 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Here's hoping some still browse around...we are all much older these days though..Be nice to catch up with some that drifted away over the years..I do keep in touch with some from back then though :)

"Introductions are tricky in a lesbian relationship. It's a word game. To my friends she's my lover, to strangers and family members in denial she's my roommate, to Jehovah's Witnesses at the door she's my lesbian sex slave, and to my mother she's Jewish and that's all that matters." ~~~Denise McCanles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:44 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Hey howdy... yep, recently returned to the KB after an almost 10-yr absence.

How have you been?

Cheers,
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:32 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey DW..

long time! I venture around every 6 years or so...I have been good. Not a whole lot going on..work and life. How have you been?

Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:35 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

gorn wrote:
You're a couple of years ahead of me, but I'd love to see some of the old timers come back.

I have been a Kitten since 2002. 2005 is when they transferred everything from ezboard..so it started all of us back the same day.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:33 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

I still keep up with things here, but use the RSS feed feature so don't actually post much anymore...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:52 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

mandyanyone wrote:
Hey DW..

long time! I venture around every 6 years or so...I have been good. Not a whole lot going on..work and life. How have you been?

Mandy

Pretty good! Married to a lovely lady, working hard, playing fair, taking it a day at a time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:21 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

DarkWiccan wrote:

Pretty good! Married to a lovely lady, working hard, playing fair, taking it a day at a time :)

That's awesome, congratulations:) I have been single for a few years now. Serial relationships since I was young, nice to have me time. (Sometimes..heh)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:37 am 
10. Troll Hammer

@mandyanyone, hey, having me time is important; Better prepares you for future potential "we time" :)

You still in Denver? We relocated from Vegas to Seattle about 7 years ago... LOVING IT.

I'd wanted to move here since researching the place when I wrote "No Matter Where You Go"... best decision I ever made :-D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I am back in Denver now, spent 4 years in Alabama, been here again for almost 9 years. I have visited Seattle once, it was nice. I am looking into maybe going there in March with my niece for her Spring Break. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:45 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Well, let me know if it looks like you're going to make it :) Maybe you and your niece could meet up with the wife and I for lunch or dinner or something :)

edited to add: what part of AL? I'm from there originally :-D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:19 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

That would be great! I will let you know :) thanks!

I have lived in quite a few places in AL: Anniston, Fayette, Guntersville, Albertville... All in the northern part. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:49 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I'm from Northern AL too! Huntsville, to be exact.

You'd think at some point I'd stop being amazed by how small the world is...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:48 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I have been to Huntsville many times. :) I am not originally from there, just spent some years there..:) I am originally from Michigan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:47 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

LOL - it's weird - I'm originally "from there", but I didn't live there very long. We moved A LOT. It's just easiest to say that I'm from there... because if I based my hometown on where I'd lived the longest, I'd have to say "Las Vegas"... and no one in their right mind wants to be *from* Vegas. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:16 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I have moved around a lot too. I have lived longest in Denver, but I don't consider it my hometown either. I say it is where I spent my time growing up..grade school formative years..Which was the middle of nowhere in Northern Michigan. But I haven't been back since I was 14, other than a drive thru vacation once.heh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:30 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
I came back after a long absence to the board five years ago today.
It turned out to be one of the best things I have ever done.

At the risk of self aggrandizing, here is "The History of the Kitten" (in progress)
http://thekittenboard.net/thekitt/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6410

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:02 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

How's that history coming along? :grin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:34 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
DarkWiccan and DrLloyd are back. Well shoot. I guess it is time for my reappearance too.

Started in 2005ish as Wiccanbotanist, disappeared for 5 years reinvented myself as Delayne, and was posting stuff in 2012 and I really really don't want to leave unfinished fics lying around anymore...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:32 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Wiccanbotanist!!! Now Delayne!!

Holy moly how the heck are you?!?!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:37 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I am fantastic, and glad to be back. Hopefully I stick around long enough this time to finish some fics instead of starting new ones to leave unfinished

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:24 am 
18. Breast Gal

I've been away a long time - life's had its ups and downs. Every once in a while I've browsed through some old threads and got all nostalgic; good times. I've missed being here, and it's good to see the board still here, and people still visiting (including some other names I recognise, hi everyone!) Anyway, it being Christmas (as of a couple of minutes ago, Sydney time) this is as good a time as any to come back, and bring a present to the kitten board that still makes my day happier whenever I pop by to read anything - so over to the old WTTV guide:

(I don't know what time "7:30" will end up being, I need to get an intro post written up, and I see there'd mod approval for new threads now - I'm still figuring out the last-minute details. But bottom line, She-Ra episodes 3 through 10 are written, illustrated, and on their way. I'll put them on Through the Looking-glass too eventually, but for now this is a Kitten Exclusive (that means I don't have to try to remember how I used to make web pages until later). It's good to be back :wtkiss )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:51 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Squee! Seriously Artemis? You just made my night. And with promises to post. *faint*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:05 am 
18. Breast Gal

Yep, seriously - first new episode (which is ep 3 overall) is posted now. I'm thinking I'll put the subsequent episodes (up to 10) up on Saturday morning, or as near as I get to morning at any rate - that seems appropriate for an old-school cartoon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:39 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

So Delayne posted in the "That Moment When..." thread wondering what is bringing all the old school kittens back.

I don't know... but I speculate a little bit of it has to do with the current state of our country and the world.

It's scary right now. Stupid scary.

The KB has always been a place of safety, solace and hope.

I think that maybe, as a way of dealing with all of the uncertainty we're facing, we've (collectively) started to grasp for that old sense of comfort and community.

Also, fan fiction is the world's best form of escapism (IMHO).

I'm just so glad to be back and to see so many folks returning. I'm also happy to be meeting and making friends with new-to-me-Kittens.

Cheers!
DW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:55 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Well put DW!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:35 am 
28. Com...plete

I poke in every so often. I like knowing this is still here and still going strong.

We will all always be Kittens.

Tim (aka WebWarlock)

Tara: "My whole life has been 'Tara, don't use your magic.' 'Tara, hide your powers.' 'Tara you will scare someone.' But you tried to hurt and then kill Willow. So maybe it is time I showed everyone just how powerful I am."
- The Dragon and the Phoenix, Episode 7: The Road to Hell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:20 pm 
9. Gay Now

Hey guys!

It's been years, I can't believe I remembered my password!
I saw this thread and had to say hi!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:04 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

HI Washi! Welcome back!