The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AU New Beginnings
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:31 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
• Title: New Beginnings
• Rating: For right now I'm going to say PG-13. It might change eventually
• Feedback: I would love some. It has been so long since I've wrote.
• Summary: Willow and Tara are both looking for new beginnings and are hoping college will have them.
• Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. This story will have some angst, but mostly fluffy, cute stuff!
• Notes: So it has been a really long time since I've wrote on this board. I just recently acquired a new computer. I really want to get back into writing and I miss coming here. I am not sure if I will continue any of my old stories. I am a completely different person and writer than I was back then. So here is my attempt at getting back into writing.

Chapter 1

Willow Rosenburg sat on her bed and looked around the room. It was quite small. Her double bed sat across from the door. On the right wall was a dresser and closet and on the left her desk and a book shelf. She couldn't believe that in a couple days she would have her first college class ever. It seems like just yesterday she was starting high school. But here she was, sitting in her new dorm room. She was happy she had a single. Her best friend, Xander, had to share a room and so far it seems that Willow was the lucky one. Xander arrived a week earlier. He was so ready to move out and not be home. His mother was a wonderful lady, but very over protective. She did not like that Xander was going to go 2 hours away to college. Xander, on the other hand, was very excited. Hence why he came so early. It took some convincing of wanting to get his surroundings in before the other kids got there, but he had done it.

Willow came later because her parents wanted to take her on a ski trip. Kind of a last family get together before she was really busy. It seems kind of funny to Willow because usually her parents were really busy and had no time for her, but since she was all of a sudden going to be busy and not have much time for them, they got really upset and decided they wanted to be parents for once. Kind of late, but she took their offer. It was actually kind of nice hanging out with her parents. She couldn't remember the last time that she had.

There was knock on the door. "Who is it," she called.

"Only the greatest best friend ever," came Xander's voice. Willow snorted and got up. "I heard that!" Xander shouted. Willow opened the door to her best friend. His dark hair was scuffy and fell to the left side, just above it eyes. He was wearing a light blue button up and black pants.

"I don't remember the last time you wore a button up," she said eyeing him. "Unless of course you count that dragon one," she smirked.

"Hey now. Don't diss the dragon button up. It is quite the chick magnet."

"Chick magnet," Willow raised her eyebrows. "Seriously?"

"I said what I said," Xander stuck his tongue out. She rolled her eyes and stepped aside to let him inside. When he was in, she closed the door behind him. "So what's up?"

"What do you mean what's up?" Xander spread his arms out. "It's my best friend's first day here and I am obligated to show her around."

Willow crossed her arms over her chest and shrugged. "I'm kind of tired."

"No, no, no," Xander wagged his finger then took a couple steps towards her and put his hands on her arms. "This is a whole new excperince for us. No more sitting in all the time. It's time to go out. Do new things. Meet new people. Do new people." Willow chuckled. "Look I know that you are more of a loner and get anxious around people and are shy and everything and I don't want to make you go do things that will make you uncomfortable. So it doesn't have to be crazy parties. It can be little coffee shops or the cafeteria or we can check out some of the clubs they offer here."

"You know me so well," Willow smiled. "We can do some of those things. And hey I wouldn't completely be opposed to some parities. Just don't ditch me for some hot girl," she playfully shoved him away.

"Psh I'd have the most beautiful girl with me anways," he put his arm around Willow. "I wouldn't ditch you for a girl. Just like I know you wouldn't ditch me for one. So want to take a walk?"

Willow sighed. "Fine," she rolled her eyes exaggeratedly and grabbed her black hoody. She opened the door "Lead the way." Then she followed Xander out.

The sign in front of Tara MaClay said 2 miles to her destination. Her stomach did a flip. She knew it was out of fear and excitment. She was getting more anxious. Not much longer and she would be pulling up to her new home. College. A dorm room. An escape. She was so happy she got that scholarship. That the scholarship got her so far away from home. She was free. Finally. She couldn't believe that she was finally free. She was so ready to start over. She knew she couldn't run from her past, but she was defiantly going to put as much distance between where she is going and where she was as she could.

She wondered what college would be like. If it would be as great as people made it seem. She wasn't much of a party person. Or a drinker. Or a social person. Which seemed like how most people described college. She didn't mind though. She liked who she was. She was more of a stay at home and read books or watch movies type girl. She did love going and doing things though. Hiking, camping, biking, swimming. She was a very outdoors type person. She was hoping to meet some people who were into the same things. Maybe the college had a book club or a hiking club or something along those lines.

Her thoughts stopped and her stomach did another flip and she turned onto the exit. Not much longer now.

(Ash)

Post subject: Re: AU New Beginnings
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:24 pm 
3. Flaming O

awesome! new story!

Welcome back. This was a good first chapter.

can't wait for the next!