The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: It's just Thursday, MKF! 1/29/04
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:14 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Hooray for Thursdays being Fridays! Congrats gorn, that is awesome. My wife is supposed to take tomorrow off, but I don't think she's going to; just too much to do after taking Monday off to help sickly ol' me deal with the kids. This cold that has gone through our house has been brutal. It acts like it's going away and then BAM! Fever, cough, blahs all over again. The youngest is working on molars at the same time so bedtime has been a battle all week. So looking forward to us all being healthy again.

Happy first day of Spring everyone, hope it's going well for you!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:51 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 4
What's that, MKF? I've got ANOTHER Friday off tomorrow? Surely this will be the last one month ... ?

Whatever it is, EasierSaid, everyone's got it. Mrs. gorn and I had for about a week. We thought we got it from the kids, but then my oldest came down with strep on Monday so it was probably the other way around. I seem to recall strep being a hideous ailment, but my daughter seemed fine right after that first spoonful of pink anti-biotics. A part of me fears I'm contributing to the creation of the Utlimate Superbug, but damn if that pink stuff don't work miracles on sick kids ...

But everybody's fine now, no more sickness, day off tomorrow, posting in the It's Just Thursday, MKF! thread, the very bestest of threads, AND it's Mrs. gorn's birthday on Saturday. And ... did someone say first day of Spring? Weather forecast calling for upper 60's tomorrow, just sayin'.

If you've been posting in the Crappy Feelings Thread or Things That Suck thread, take heart! and live vicariously through the wonderful Thursday I'm enjoying!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:39 pm 

Happy belated birthday, Mrs. gorn! I love spring birthdays, what with the flowers blooming and everything being green. A happy time of year.

TGIT, MKF. Not much to report here, other then I am so, so tired and so, so looking forward to this weekend. I get to see a friend I haven't seen in five years and I'm super excited to catch up. Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:53 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Many thanks, EasierSaid! Turned out to be a pretty nice day. The weather was nice that particular day ... but I don't know about Spring returning. It snowed the middle of the week, and it's pretty damn cold tonight. MKF doesn't know WTF to make of it.

Wait a minute ... is it true, MKF, that I have yet one more Friday off this month? Can it be? Her impassive stare doesn't really tell me one way or another, but I think I'll go ahead and take tomorrow off regardless.

The best of Thursdays to all! Stay warm, it can't stay cold forever.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:40 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
The winters *seems* to be going away. Until we get past April 1 I can't be sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:01 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Wow! Where did everything go, MKF?? So happy to have found the Kittenboard again! What a scare!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:30 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

I can't believe I missed Good Thursday last week, MKF!! But I have what I think is a pretty fair excuse. Those of you who know me know I'm usually a little behind the times on things. Well, last Thursday I finally got around to watching "Frozen" with Mrs. gorn and the kids. Having two daughters has perhaps emotionally biased me, but that was damn near one of the best movies I've ever seen. We must've watched it four or five times that three-day weekend, and when the kids went to bed, Mrs. gorn and I were watching as many scenes in Japanese on YouTube as we could find; Japanese-language dvd is already on the way. There's a YouTube clip out there of "Let It Go" being sung in twenty-five different languages - it's remarkable. Makes me want to learn Serbian.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:02 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Well whaddyaknow.... it's Thursday!

Thursdays lately have become the day of minions at the farm. I have 3 people working for me on this, the most glorious of days. At least one is there 8 am to 5pm, and I spend the day pointing hither and thither saying "do this! do that!".... They scurry about, working and things get done. It's kind of marvelous.

As a bonus, they are all okay with being referred to as minions. Soon, soon I will rule the local farm scene. :devil

I would also like to declare spring officially begun. It's still a little chilly, but the first box turtle of the season was ambling slowly through the field last week. Ergo, spring.

Happy ambling, all. (and a very belated happy birthday to Mrs. gorn)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:05 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Is your Hoop House your secret lair, Boschi the Cruel?

And, Yay Thursday, MKF! I seem to be having longer and longer weeks, really feel like I'm limping towards the finish line here. I don't even care that they're calling for thunderstorms tomorrow and all weekend and half the week after that. Let it rain! Was going to barbeque this weekend for Mother's Day, but we'll think of a Plan B. My first thought was have Mrs. gorn brew up a cauldron of three-day curry, but that's not really in the spirit of Mother's Day, so to speak, making her cook her own dinner (although, technically speaking, she never would've been a Mother if it hadn't been for me).

Stay dry, MKF!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:19 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Spoiler:
Guess what I learned to do today, MKF???

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:51 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

"Boschi the Cruel".... ooooh.... I like that. I may need to get it embroidered on my overalls.

This is one rainy Thursday on the farm.... the minions were soggy today. My produce overfloweth, but rain is forecast for market day. Alas.

On the up side I have a cold beer in hand and just finished a dinner that included prodigious amounts of bacon, fresh basil and a real, vine ripened tomato from a container in my greenhouse. Life ain't half bad.

Happy Thursday all!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:29 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Ain't bacon grand, MKF?

Mrs. gorn goes through periods where she's too tired to cook and we have lots of Walmart stuff and/or take-out (we got some decent places in town, though, so it's not all bad), but she follows these up with periods where she's sick to death of outside food and cooks up a storm for three or four days in a row. We are not in one of those periods now, however. But even when she's bringing stuff home, she still cooks up this slop for the kids called natto gohan. It's kind of like rice gruel and egg mixed with Japanese fermented (spoiled) beans. I'm not going to argue about how healthy it is, but it looks and smells as horrible as you might imagine. And the really weird thing is ... my kids love it. Mrs. gorn could cook up enough to gag three grown men, my kids will wolf it down and ask for more.

Boschi, how can you wear overalls in this heat? If you're doing it just to look cool, that's silly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:12 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Quote:
Boschi, how can you wear overalls in this heat? If you're doing it just to look cool, that's silly.

Never fear, I am patently uncool and embrace it.

On to important Thursday news: The Master has been tapped to be head the Veterans Administration in the U.S.

Who knew? Tis crazy but true. Just look at photos of Robert A. McDonald and of Mark Metcalf as everybody's favorite ancient baddie. You will see it is truth. They are one and same.

Multiple images of both demonstrate it best, but you can also look at these two shots:

McDonald: http://m1res.pgpic.com/t/14672
The Master: http://thedamper.com/images/1760.jpg

I don't know if this is good or bad news for the V.A.

Boschi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:19 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Good lord, it's true, MKF! Can we lure this guy out into a daylight interview or something? Someone's gotta save our vets! They're going to be HARVESTED!!

Last I heard, the Slayer was doing some ridiculous tv show with Robin Williams. Anyone know where Faith is?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:10 am 

Happy Thursday, MKF! Legos legos legos, legos, legos legos legos. I'm sorry, that's what it sounds like at my house right now. Legos. Everything... legos.

Have a legos lego, MKF.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:28 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
I'm with you there, EasierSaid. The youngest turned 7 last week, and by golly everything's coming up Legos! More Legos are spread through the living room than you can possibly imagine. I thought we already had our share of Legos in the house, but now there are EVEN MORE LEGOS! EVERYWHERE! Oh, and he doesn't want to share them with his sisters because they are his "special birthday Legos". So 3 children are fighting over 10,000 Legos. I don't think the 15-year-old even cares, but she's not going to let a fight take place without putting in her two cents and working everyone up even more. Sadie the puppetmaster. :devil

Enjoy your Lego Thursday!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:33 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Lego Thursday, MKF? Do they still make any Legos that are just your basic blocks? As in no kit or directions? I remember when they first started putting out the special sets like pirate ships or castles when my brother was small. Looked cool, but you kind of had to follow the directions and make it like the directions said. I liked the ones that were just basic blocks and you had to make up your own stuff. Hope they've still got those.

I also remember they hurt like a bitch when you stepped on them. Be careful out there!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:46 pm 

Happy Thursday, MKF! This will have to be quick, as my youngest just woke up earlier than expected from his nap. Just wanted to say, gorn, that "may you step on a lego," is the worst thing I can think to say to someone. The wife and I are now pro Lego assemblers. I'm sure I'll start dreaming in Legos soon, just like I used to have weird dreams about tetris and stuff back in the day.

Hope everyone is well. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Thursday! Hooray! Long week, glad to have made it this far.

I'm on mom-duty this evening, too, EasierSaid. Took 'em to McDonald's for Happy Meals and ice cream because it was Thursday and we deserved something fun. I love the name "Happy Meal," you know? Comes in a colorful box, has a toy inside, it's awesome. They need to make something like that for adults. We're watching Sofia the First and eating potato chips now until Mrs. gorn comes home.

Whoa, how could I forget?? Cowboys are playing tonight! Game doesn't start until 9:30pm, which is actually not a bad thing since the kids will be (please, God) asleep by then (if not, it's Mrs. gorn's turn at bat).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:30 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

All these posts on a Thursday, and no one posted in the bestest of Thursday threads?? Wtf, MKF!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:40 pm 

WTF indeed, gorn. It's been so quiet around here lately; let's bring back the noise a bit, shall we, MKF? Survived being beaned in the back of the head with my iPhone (son #2 has a strong throwing arm) and rallied to mulch the last of my back yard planting beds. The rest of the yard might be a mess, but at least it smells nice now. Hope everyone is having a fantastic day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:51 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

It's still Thursday here, but only just. Work is a little.....trying at the moment. My boss called today to ask if I would consider increasing my hours. Safe to say, the poor woman regretted asking when she got my response. (It was hardly her fault our employer made a load of my colleagues redundant last month. And then watched the place fall apart)

However, the last three hours of Thursday, after I finished work, have been much better, and tomorrow is my day off. Happy Thursday to you all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:48 pm 

Huzzah for the last few hours of Thursday being better! I spent the day getting ready for our youngest son's weekend birthday party. The little boy is 2 and I can hardly believe it. The weather is finally turning cool as well, so all it right with the world. Hope everyone had a great day!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:30 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

I love weekend birthday parties, MKF! And two years old?? I can remember when neither one of us had kids, EasierSaid! How the world has changed ...

My oldest daughter's birthday is about ten days before Christmas, so we always go out of our way to make sure she has a great party rather than get swallowed up by Christmas. I've known people who had birthdays close to Christmas (or ON Christmas!), they always complained about it. Don't want my daughter to grow up feeling like that.

Everybody knows I love Thursdays, but I really find myself looking forward to them even more these days. I don't always get on here, but I'm feelin' it. My life seems so busy, like somebody stepped on the gas and I haven't yet been able to find the brake, but when I FINALLY make it to Thursday I know everything is going to be alright.

I did some "What Buffy Character Are You?" survey the other day just for the heck of it, and I got Angel. Was kinda hoping for Faith or Spike, but I knew I wasn't going to make it. Angel was OK and all, but not really one of my favorites. The way they described it, though, did kinda seem to fit. Kinda. Anyone take one of these? Who were you? Who did you want to be?

Never really thought of myself as a brooder, but Mrs. gorn says sometimes I do.

But not on Thursdays.

Enjoy your Thursdays, folks! You made it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:41 pm 

Happy Thursday everyone! So much crazy has happened today, I can't even begin to think about describing it all. If it weren't for the little things like this thread and the web series that I like to watch updating on Thursdays (Carmilla, for those who are interested) I'd be a big puddle 'o frustrated tears. But I'm not! I'm about to have three big chocolate chip cookies and a REALLY big glass of wine, and then I'm gonna watch some baseball. (SHHH, no jinxing.)

Viva Thursday!

p.s. Hope my no jinx doesn't jinx...

p.p.s. Forget I said anything.

p.p.p.s. THE GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!! Thursdays are awesome. :banana :eatme :banana :eatme :banana :eatme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:28 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 3
It's Sunday, but it's been a crazy week, so I'm pretending it's Thursday...

EasierSaid, I grew up in San Francisco and lived in the Bay Area until we moved to the Seattle-area 14 years ago, so GO GIANTS!!!! WOO HOO!!! (Last year's NFL playoffs were so hard for me. My youngest is a contrarian and decided he was for the Niners, although he really doesn't even care for football. But he wore red and gold almost every day leading up to the Niners-Hawks playoff game, and just smiled when kids gave him trouble about it. And every single Friday when their elementary school had a "Seahawks Moment" and all the kids shouted "Go Hawks!" in unison at 1:55pm, he shouted "Go Niners!" Gotta give him points for the cajones.) And a very happy birthday to the littlest one!

Gorn, I took that FB quiz and got Giles. It totally fits me (leader, responsible, book-loving...), but I guess it makes me super-boring and a wet blanket. Oh well. I'm sure my 15-year-old would agree, because she hates me, hates my wife, hates school, hates her brother and sister, hates her job, hates her room, hates her life...She's lovely! (No really, to other people she is awesome!) But she loves BTVS, so we let her live here. I sent her this the other day:
Attachment:
photo2.jpg
photo2.jpg [ 79.52 KiB | Viewed 8033 times ]
and she loved it and Instagrammed it to all her Twilight-loving friends. Not Facebook, never Facebook, because "Facebook is for old people who are unsuccessfully trying to relive their high school years when they thought they were cool." See? Lovely. A friend is a high school teacher, and she says kids can be awesome at home OR awesome in public, but not both. Given the choice, I'm glad that she is freakin' fantastic to everyone else. And I'm sure the 10-year-old and 7-year-old aren't going to put us through this, right?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:54 pm 

Topics: 10
Happy Thursday, MKF.

Today I am sick. Still. I worked at the polls for the election last week, which is a "wake up at 4 am get home at 10 pm" kinda gig. I think it was the last straw for my post-midterms immune system. I'm glad I did it, but I've been miserable ever since.

In good news, my school is doing Les Mis next month. I've never actually seen it, so I'm pretty pumped. Oh, and Wicked is coming back to town--may have to see if tickets are still available for that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:15 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Happy Thanksgiving, MKF! Truly the best Thursday of the year, a holiday that ALWAYS comes on a Thursday! I have many things to be thankful for this year. I hope everyone out there enjoyed turkey and football and the Macy's Parade with their families (or whatever it is that you and your family enjoy). Dallas lost, but not even that can dampen my spirits on this day. To our non-American kittens out there, I hope you have a chance someday to enjoy Thanksgiving with an American friend. And if nothing else, whether you celebrate the holiday or not, there's nothing wrong with spending at least one day a year to be thankful for something.

I'm stuffed. Peace to the Chumash.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:33 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
Happy Thursday Ms Kitty.
This week I had lunch with a friend I had not seen in two months, and it took an hour to catch her up on the twists and turns of that time. Revenge, Betrayal, Job hunting, looking for a special ed school , travel, writers block, and lice.
She ended the conversation with saying she wished she had more "interesting adventures" like I did.
That's a sunny way of looking at it!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:34 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Lice? MKF isn't too sure about that ... This might not be something you can really pick and choose on, but we'd take Revenge, Betrayal, and Travel for our interesting adventure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next