The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rizzoli and Isles
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:31 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
This show has become my newest Unhealthy Obsession (tm). It's a crime-procedural/drama on TNT (sort of a limited series, only 10-15 episodes per year), with Angie Harmon (formerly of Law and Order (prime)) as Detective Jane Rizzoli, Boston P.D., and Sasha Alexander (formerly of NCIS) as Dr. Maura Isles, Chief Medical Examiner. They work together on homicide cases, and as the series starts their friendship starts to deepen...to the point where the gaydar of lesbians (and "lesbro's" like myself) everywhere started pinging.

While Jane and Maura are ostensibly straight (Jane has a couple of liaisons and Maura in one episode gets hot-and-heavy with a visiting boyfriend from Doctors Without Borders) there are plenty of times where the two of them having an intimate relationship doesn't seem entirely off the table. In the first episode, Jane stays over at Maura's house (a serial killer is after her and she's too nervous to stay at her apartment); as Jane is laying in bed, Maura lays down in beside her. Jane rises eyebrows and says "Are we having a sleepover, or is this your way of telling me you're attracted to me?" Maura chuckles, but really neither confirms nor denies. :glasses

The two leads are extremely appealing. Angie Harmon is, as anybody who watched L&O should know, is gorgeous (and after having had three kids in the last nine years could still walk the runway), but here she really shows how funny she is. Jane is a master of deadpan sarcasm (which Maura frequently doesn't get) and Angie's comic timing is gold. Sasha Alexander was decent-looking on NCIS, but here she is to-die-for. When she bats her eyes and smiles, I melt.

The rest of the cast is good as well, especially Lorraine Bracco as Jane's mother Angela, who still (s)mothers Jane and practically adopts Maura. I hope this show has other aficionados on the Kitten!

Post subject: Re: Rizzoli and Isles
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:41 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
I love this show and they should get it on already. How obvious can two women be, come on!!