The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDTED: 2/14/13)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:36 pm 
3. Flaming O

woo hoooo..now that as hot..fire fire fire...woo hooo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:50 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Happy Valentines indeed!

It was freaky reading what Sheila had to say, my mother said the same thing! And, after almost 4 years still doesn't agree. I feel for Willow :(

Love hot lovin on Valentines its extra yummy. Thank you for that special treat.

-Leah :flower

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:00 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Tara in a revealing negligée :drool :thud

I see that the honeymoon is over yet and there's also the real honeymoon to think about. And can't wait for the praty to came and hopefully Morgan doesn't show up and ruin everything. And i also feel the same how Willow feels about the moving out of the apartment because that's where it all started. :sob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:14 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Hi Shelby

You said

Boobs are awesome!

Darn tootin they are which is why I'm a breast guy. I think in that respect I'm somehow related to Willow but I would never dare get between her and Tara, that little redhead has a vicious right hook. :p

If there was one thing Sheila did well, it was pushing Willow’s buttons and she excelled at the task.

I seriously do not understand Sheila, why on earth would she ever treat her youngest daughter that way. Isn't she at all bothered by the idea that she's pushing Willow further away from her?

As Tara slinked across the room; her voluptuous breasts bouncing lightly in the sheer lacy bodice, causing her nipples to harden while straining against the tight fabric.

Tara in a bodice, breasts, nipples, I think my head is about to explode with that amazing image in my mind. :thud :drool

Tara pulls something out from between her breasts!!!!! Xena style!!!!! :drool

“Oh God….so close!” She moaned as she pinched and tweaked her rock hard nipples. :drool :thud

“Darling…I love you too.” Tara purred, as they fell back on the bed, proving the honeymoon was definitely not over.

With WIllow and Tara the honeymoon goes on in perpetuum and the girls will still be having this kind of house shaking sex when they are both old women of seventy.

YAY Willow and Tara made up after the fights they had over the last couple of chapters and what a way to make up. I have only one statment to make about this.

:drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:58 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Way to have them make up for real. That was not what I expected but so nice to read. I have to say that you have to feel very safe and connected to bring out the toys after a fight. Both people have to feel good and they obviously did. I love Willow's little nostalgia moment. Very cute and adorable.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:50 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Oh Good God, Shelby! They definitely got rid of some of the tension. That's much nicer than arguing. I'm glad they can see they can have a disagreement and the world doesn't end. If you're really in love, that's the way it should be.

And can I say that I'd still like to put my size 7 steel-toed boot up Sheila's ass. Yes, there will come a time when it's not all 24/7 hugs and kisses and lovin', but loving someone goes much deeper than that, and all that stuff is just a bonus on top of being with the person you love and want to grow old with.

Quote:
“Tell me baby…tell me what you want.”

“Your mouth here…”

Uh huh, yeah...I think I just found what I want for my next tattoo, and I know exactly where I want it. :wink

Willow getting sad about leaving her old place was perfect. It can be hard leaving someplace where you have made good memories, but moving on to make more memories will make it all worthwhile.

Great job! Can't wait to see what's next.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:06 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay for the unexpected update, and what an update it was. The first part just :drool :drool :drool and the second just awwww with Tara comforting a teary, nostalgic Willow. These good memories noone can take from them and they can make much more in their new home (they already started very promising). Have they already baptised every room? If not, that could be a good idea to continue... :flirt

Now I just hope there will be no Morgan-drama at the party...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:00 am 
2. Floating Rose

I just read this story for the first time & i am glad i did. Such a great way to have these two interact. I'll be waiting for the next chapter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:01 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Oh wow . . . I just had Valentine's Day all over again! AND that damn Hot-o-Meter just busted on me AGAIN - all thanks to you!

Seriously, I'm glad their honeymoon isn't over but I'm also glad that they can argue and come out the other side, love intact. That the relationship is strong and real . . . AND incredibly hot, did I mention that damn Hot-o-Meter just-- Oh yeah, said that already! :blush

Anyway, still loving this story and really glad to see an update! :banana :pinky :eatme

Eager awaiting more! :bounce :bounce :bounce

Ariel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:00 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Very - :thud - worthy update.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hello!
I'm all new to the board, having not yet done anything to my profile or anything
- I just have to say THANK YOU! for this story.
I love it. And I definitely hope it continues...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:33 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 4
Hi ya :bigwave

While I'm not that far into this fic, and I'm probably commenting way too soon, I just wanted to to say that I'm really enjoying this so far. The different twists you've put on the characters are something I'm really finding interesting, and different (in a good way), so that's keeping my brain busy thinking about what's gonna happen in the chapters I have yet to read through. I look forward to reading more :)

"Between a laugh and a tear, And that's as good as it can get for us, And there ain't no reason to stop tryin'" - John Cougar Mellencamp, "Between A Laugh And A Tear"

"I've always been a big fan of books." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:50 am 
3. Flaming O

heya!
I hav started reading this story and its so great..
waiting for more updates..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:12 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I miss this story very much. Still the greatest story in any fandom (Warehouse 13, Buffy, Skins, Grey's Anatomy, South of Nowhere, etc) I have ever read. I even got my wife hooked on it and she is not a fan of fanfiction. In fact, this is the only story she has ever read and really enjoyed. She read it all in one sitting back in March. Hope you and your family are well. (Tanner12 from the other board).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:58 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
AstronSoul -
Dibs to you to!

Thanks for the lack of feedback! :p

Thanks for the feedback!

zampsa19752001-
Definitely a nice chapter after the last few:) I don’t think it matters if they tell Sheila to stop, because she doesn’t seem to care.

Thanks for the feedback!

Missocki -
I always feel like that when I move; it’s one of the reasons I hate doing it. Yep…party time!

Thanks for the feedback!

bouncer73-
Nothing like a little super hot make up sex to get things back on track:)

yourmyalways -
Wow, that’s crazy that you’re said those things and still feels that way after four years?? I’m very sorry to hear that. Hopefully one day she will come around.

Gotta love Valentine’s Day!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Willow_Friendly-
Tara in anything… :drool :grin

The honeymoon is most definitely NOT over! They are just getting started. The party is coming up next! I think Willow will soon get over her nostalgia where the old apartment is concerned, after all, they first had sex at Tara’s…

Thanks for the feedback!

willowtaralover -
I’m not really sure why Sheila is the way she is, except that she has control issues. In her mind, she is saving Willow and not pushing her away. Her warped mind, that is.

Quote:
Tara pulls something out from between her breasts!!!!! Xena style!!!!!
Strong like an Amazon!!

Even Willow and Tara having sex at seventy is a scary visual place…

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt -
I think they just needed to ‘have it out,’ but in a good way, lol. Then they can have sweet, loving make up sex.

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729-
That got rid of the tension in more ways that one and yes, much better than arguing.

Sheila is infuriating! She just refuses to accept Willow’s choices and is certain, in her mind, she knows best. It’s all about control with her. She can’t control the boys and Willow is her last shot. Bottom line is…she just doesn’t get it.

HA! That would be an awesome tattoo!! GET IT!!

I think Willow will get over the apartment fairly fast if they keep having nights like the last one. :drool

Thanks for the feedback!

Wills redemption-
I don’t think they’ve ‘baptized’ every room, so we still have some fun ahead of us, not to mention the apartment in NY. Things are starting to even out for them, hopefully there will be very little drama at the party.

Thanks for the feedback!

sgdarlene-
Yay! So glad you liked:-)

Thanks for the feedback!

Ariel-
Nothing like a little Valentine’s Day bondage, huh? Glad you liked and it’s nice to ‘see’ you again!

Thanks for the feedback!

love_2003-
HA! Glad you liked it!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Phantasyland-
Welcome to the board!! A few months late on my part, but I do hope to see you around. :bigwave

Thanks for the feedback!

Pavlov’sBell-
So, have you caught up yet? So glad you’re liking it! It’s lot’s of fun to write.

Thanks for the feedback!

lilyred-
Great! Welcome to my little world of W/T goodness:-) More fun to come!!

Thanks for the feedback!

harper12-
TANNER12!!!! Great to see you over here:-) I’m sorry you we’re missing the story, I’ve missed it as well. :ashamed All is well, but sometimes life just gets in the way of the fun stuff.

That’s very sweet of you to say and I so appreciate all of your support here AND over there. :bigwave …from me to your wife!

Thanks for the feedback!

NEW CHAPTER DIRECTLY BELOW

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:00 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15

TITLE: Racing The Rain

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: NC17

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! This includes: Willow’s siblings and teammates, plus Tara’s friends and co-workers. Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Set in LA with lots of W/T fluff and some angst, but no Hellmouthyness; just good old regular day-to-day drama. Willow is attending college on an athletic scholarship and Tara is Hollywood royalty. They meet and fall in love, of course, but will they be able to survive the pitfalls of a public romance? Well, you’ll just have to read and find out! ;-)

<Thoughts are in italics>

AUTHOR’S NOTE: So, I’m just gonna pretend that it didn’t really take me nearly 5 months to post this update, okay? So, we’re good then, right? :blush Anyway, there was no proof of this chapter and I only re-read it a couple times, so if you come across something, just PM me and I’ll fix it:) Enjoy!

Chapter 68: The Hustler

Willow’s eyes popped open and she shot out of bed like a rocket.

“Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!” She exclaimed as she spun in circles and then darted around the room looking for their clothes.

Tara was confused, after being awoken from a dead sleep by her spastic girlfriend. “Willow…What-?” She was stopped mid sentence when a bra came flying at her face. She managed to swat the item away at the last second, but wasn’t as lucky with a shirt; one that was now draped over her head.

“Sweetie, calm down.”

“Tara I can’t, we fell asleep and slept all afternoon! It’s after five!!!” Willow exclaimed and she tried to literally hop into her pants, but ended up falling face first on to the floor.

“Willow!” Tara shouted and peered over the side of the bed.

“It’s okay, I’m fine.” Willow sat up and finished pulling her pants on. She sprang off the floor and sat on the side of the bed to put her socks on.

Tara smiled appreciatively as she admired Willow’s nakedness from the waist up. Willow’s smooth back, with the light smattering of freckles and the slightly protruding backbone.

She crawled over and embraced Willow from behind; pressing her own naked chest to her girlfriend’s back and wrapping her arms around her stomach. Tara snuggled into Willow’s neck; placing butterfly kisses on Willow’s neck and collarbone as her hands wandered up and cupped Willow’s breasts.

“Mmhmm, Tara…”

Tara smiled, noticing how Willow instantly calmed as she maneuvered herself to a sitting position and wrapped her slender legs around Willow waist.

Willow closed her eyes and allowed herself to relax, enjoying the moment. As Tara began playfully nipping her neck, Willow entangled a hand in the golden locks, pulling Tara closer and moaning softly. “Mmmm…hi baby.”

“Hi…” Tara breathed, “Feeling better?”

“Umm hmm…sorry.”

“For what?”

“Spazzing out.”

“It’s fine sweetie, we have time. Besides, I think you might need this before you go running out the door.” Tara smirked knowingly; holding up her left hand with Willow’s bra dangling off her index finger.

Willow giggled, thanks and sorry for the extreme spazz attack, but we do need to get back.”

“Not without a good afternoon kiss.” Tara turned her head and was met with Willow’s soft and inviting lips. She felt a warmness seep into her chest as the kiss deepened and they momentarily lost themselves.

Willow sighed, “As much as I’d love to stay right here with you the rest of the day…”

“I know baby, I know…” Tara breathed as she untangled herself and went about getting dressed.

Several hours later the party was in full swing and the girls had their hands full. Everyone had shown up and then some, including Morgan, who hadn’t been invited but snuck in as the date of one of Willow’s teammates. Willow and Tara wanted to throw her out, but several of the girls suggested allowing her stay, despite what happened at The Swamp. They promised to keep an eye on her and intervene before she had a chance to cause any trouble. Tara was worried, especially after the way Morgan had become physically aggressive towards Willow, but reluctantly agreed. The last thing she wanted was to cause any more strife amongst the team. It was an uncomfortable situation, but they decided not to let Morgan’s presence ruin the entire evening.

It seemed as if there were people in every room of the house; chatting, laughing and just having an all around good time. Most of the partygoers had convened in the basement around the bar where there was a pool table and a state of the art stereo system. Willow and Stacey were currently embroiled in a heated game of pool against Mandy and Bri.

Tara stood across the room chatting with Pammie, while she watched Willow size up her shot. She sighed wistfully as Willow leaned across the table to take her shot; giving Tara a nice view straight down her shirt.

“Oh for fucks sake Tara,” Pammie said as she rolled her eyes.

“What?” Tara said, never taking her eyes off her girlfriend. “Can’t a girl admire beauty when she sees it?”

Pammie raised her eyebrows and laughed loudly when the redhead struck her best Tom Cruise Color of Money pose after sinking the difficult shot. “Yeah, beauty…that’s exactly what I was thinking.” Pammie replied with an amused smirk.

Tara giggled when Willow began to strut around the pool table before taking another shot. She turned back towards Pammie and took a sip of her drink. “Thanks for coming tonight.”

“Are you kidding? There was free food and booze and you know me!”

Tara laughed and shook her head. “Well, keeping an eye on the sociopathic super-bitch is definitely in the ‘above and beyond’ department, but I guess you would’ve come anyway.”

Pammie sighed, “This is true, I do love getting dragged into the middle of your drama. So, where is the skank anyway?”

Tara chuckled, “No idea, probably sprinkling arsenic on my pillow or something. As long as she stays away from Willow, we’re good.”

“Tara, that’s not funny. What if she…”

Tara put a hand on Pam’s shoulder. “I was kidding. We locked Ralphie and Miss Kitty in the bedroom. He’ll sound the bark-o-matic alarm if anyone opens the door.”

“I just don’t like her in your house…knowing the layout and everything. She sounds like a creepy stalker to me.”

“I know, I’m not thrilled either, but so far she’s steered clear and the girls promised to keep her on her best behavior.”

“I hope you’re right.”

“Me too.”

“Anyway,” Pam breathed, “Looks like things are going well with you and ‘the hustler’ over there.”

“Mmhmm, very.” Tara said with a dreamy expression.

“For the first time ever, I think I’m actually jealous.” Pam said.

“You should be,” Tara said with a smirk, “Since I managed to snag the most beautiful woman on the planet.” She said proudly.

Pam rolled her eyes yet again, “Oh brother…”

As if on cue, Willow sauntered up and snaked an arm around Tara’s waist; leaning in and kissing her lovingly on the cheek. “Hey Pammie! What’s the what?”

“Oh nothing, Tara was just explaining her definition of beauty…”

“Ummm, would you like my definition too?” Willow cooed as she leaned in and affectionately rubbed noses with Tara.

“Oh Sweet Jesus…I need a stronger drink.” Pammie proclaimed, waving her hand as she turned towards the bar.

“I think we broke her,” Tara said, setting her drink aside and looping both arms over Willow’s shoulders.

“She looks bendy, I’m sure she’ll survive,” Willow replied as she grasped Tara hips and began swaying to the music. “Having a good time?”

“Umm hmm, you?”

“Absolutely.” Willow leaned her forehead against Tara’s. “Last night and today were…”

“Magical?” Tara whispered, finishing Willow’s sentence.

“Magical…” Willow breathed before pressing their lips together. They were both lost in the moment and the rest of the world faded.

“Hey Willow!” Stacey shouted from the top of the stairs and breaking the spell.

“Yeah?!”

“Someone’s at the gate! Should I let them in?”

“No, I’ll be up in a second!”

“Okay!”

“I’ll go sweetie,” Tara said.

“Nah, you stay, hang out with Pam. I’ll be back in a jiffy.” Willow said as she gently kissed Tara one more time before letting go and bounding up the basement stairs.

When Willow arrived in the kitchen, she was surprised to see even more people that than when she’d gone down to the basement, about an hour before. She recognized most of them, but some she did not and this caused instant worry.

“Hey, where did all these people come from?” She asked Stacey, who was standing guard at the video monitor.

“No idea, I think people were randomly letting their friends in the gate while we were downstairs.”

“Great,” Willow grumbled. “Whose out there now?” Willow asked, but only received shrugging shoulders from her friend. She hit the talk button, “Who are you?”

“It’s Freddie,” A scratchy male voice replied.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t know any Freddie. This is a private party.”

“I’m friends with Miranda, she invited me.”

Willow looked curiously at Stacey, “Who the hell is Miranda?”

Stacey shrugged her shoulders again and turned to the crowd, “Does anyone know a Miranda?!” A low murmur spread through out the house, but no one came forward. “No idea.” Stacey replied to Willow.

Willow turned back to the video panel, “I’m sorry, but there’s no Miranda here.”

“Aw dude, really? She said she’d be here with Renee Rancourt.”

“Hold on,” Willow replied into the speaker.

Willow and Stacey looked at each other and sighed, then at the same time shouted into the crowd. “RENEE!”

A minute later a tall athletic brunette emerged from the patio. “Did someone call me?”

“We did,” Willow said.

“What’s up?” The girl replied nonchalantly.

“Did you invite random people to this party?”

“No?” She squeaked.

“Nee-Nee…seriously? I told you guys, this was supposed to be a small gathering, for close friends only!” Willow’s temper was growing short.

“I know, but you said we could bring a date and well…”

Willow raised an eyebrow, “Some chick named Miranda is your date?”

“Yes?”

“That’s funny, cuz she sure looked like a guy with a full and manly beard when you arrived.” Stacey added sarcastically.

“Okay, okay so I may have mentioned it to my roommate’s sister who may have told her best friend’s brother.” Renee stood nervously biting her lower lip and turning fifty shades of red.

Willow shook her head quickly as if she were in a cartoon, “Does this roommates’ sisters’ best friends’ brother happen to go by the name of Freddie?”

“Maybe?”

Willow sighed and turned back to the monitor as Stacey pulled Renee off to the side and gave her a proper scolding. “Dude, I’m sorry but I can’t let you in.”

“Aww, bummer. Okay.” Freddie replied dejectedly, as Willow clicked off the audio and slouched back against the wall and blowing her hair out of her face.

A few seconds later Tara and Pam emerged from the basement. “Tara you can’t keep this up, you’ve got to find someone.”

“I know, I just didn’t see the point in trying to do it before we leave next week.”

“So, what are you going to do in the mean time? Go completely insane?” Pam asked as she tossed several cups in the trash.

“I’ll manage,” Tara said looking for Willow amongst the throng of people. “Hey…who are all these people?”

Willow began to speak, but never had the chance. When the crowd of newcomers noticed Tara, they surged forward and surrounded her. Willow sighed; she was actually getting used to dealing with type of situation and turned to Stacey instead.

“How many people do you think got let in?” Willow asked.

“No idea, but I think we’re okay. I mean, they seem fairly harmless and I don’t think there’s anyone we need to worry about. It looks mostly like close friends and roommates.”

“I hope you’re right.” Willow replied, pushing off the wall, rescuing Tara from the small group and quickly explaining what was going on.

“You see?” Pam interjected. “You have got to get an assistant! This never would have happened if you had someone else in charge.” Tara rolled her eyes.

“She’s got a point baby,” Willow added, running her hand down the back of Tara’s arm and entwining their fingers. She couldn’t be that close to Tara and not be touching her.

Tara smiled at the sweet gesture, “I know, I know…I promise it will be numero uno when we get back.”

“Um, Tara?” Stacey said.

“Hmm?”

“I can help.”

Willow eyes widened and a huge smile spread across her face. “Hey! That’s a great idea! I don’t know why I didn’t think about that before…” She chastised herself, smacking her palm to her forehead.

“Will, what are you talking about?” Tara asked.

“Stacey! She’s majoring in public relations and business admin!!”

Stacey smiled and gave a small wave, a bit embarrassed by all the attention.

“But what about softball?” Tara asked Stacey.

“I can still help you out…answer emails, take calls, schedule appearances, etc. I have a light class load next semester and a bunch of free time. Plus, I don’t mind doing it temporarily, until you find someone full time. I understand what it entails, I interned last summer with Griffin Management.”

Tara bit her bottom lip while she contemplated the offer. “I…this probably isn’t a decision I should be making after doing jello shots. Do you mind if I think about it?”

Stacey laughed, “No problem, I totally understand. By the way are there any left?”

Willow giggled at her friend; kissing Tara on the cheek before looping her arm through Stacey’s and pulling towards the patio, “Come on, I’ll show you where they are.”

Willow led Stacey through the open French doors and over to a large blue cooler near the grill. She opened the top to reveal an army of small plastic cups, in every color under the rainbow and filled with alcoholic jello. She pulled out two cups, handing one to Stacey and popping the lid on hers. “Here’s to…more fun nights like this before we graduate!” Willow babbled as she tapped her cup to Stacey’s.

They both downed their shots and laughed. “Oooh, those are yummy!” Stacey exclaimed. “I’ve never toasted with jello shots before. Grab us some more.”

The two friends each downed several more before Willow finally plopped down in a nearby chaise lounge, rubbing her tummy and groaning. “Ugh, no more…”

Stacey smirked. “Light weight, all this domestic bliss has you out of practice.”

Willow sighed contentedly, “Speaking of domestic bliss, where’s Kurt?”

Stacey froze and raised her eyebrows, “Oh shit…I forgot all about him!” She exclaimed as both girls burst out in drunken laughter. “Oh my God,” Stacey said, finally catching her breath. “I can’t believe I forgot him. I’d better go see what he’s up to.”

“Hey, if you see Tara, tell her I’m still out here, okay?”

“Sure thing.” Stacey smiled as she made her way back into the house.

Willow laid her head back and closed her eyes, definitely feeling the effects of the alcohol and instinctively knowing she was done for the night. She didn’t want to get fall down drunk, as she had in the past before she met Tara. Those lonely days were behind her and she couldn’t help the lazy smile that crept across her face.

“Looks like you’re enjoying some pretty happy thoughts.”

Willow’s eyes fluttered open when she realized someone was talking to her. “Huh? Oh, hey Morgan.”

“Hi, do you…do you mind if I sit?” Morgan asked hesitantly, motioning to a nearby chair.

Willow shrugged, all traces of her smile gone. “Sure, I guess.”

Morgan smiled nervously, “Thanks and don’t worry, all I’ve had tonight is water.”

“Oh, well um…that’s good.”

“Listen, Will I…there’s a few things I need to say.” Morgan fidgeted in her chair as she received a reassuring nod from the redhead. She blew out a big puff of air before speaking. “First, I owe you a HUGE apology. Well, several actually and I also want you to know that I am happy for you. Insanely jealous, but happy.” She giggled nervously at her attempted humor, but trudged on.

“I want to be completely honest with you Will, is that alright?”

“Okay.”

“Well, as you know, it all started that night you brought Tara to Stacey’s party…a-at first I thought, okay this is just a casual thing. I mean, what are the odds of Tara Maclay and a non-celebrity-type college student, right? Then I saw the way she looked at you and the way you looked at her and I…I knew I’d lost you and I just, I spent the next twenty-four hours freaking out. So, when we finally talked the next night, I had myself whipped into a complete frenzy.” Morgan paused to catch her breath. “Then all the other stuff I did, well...definitely not my finest moments. I acted like a complete idiot and I’m so sorry. We’ve been friends a long time and I just don’t want to lose you…completely.” Morgan hung her head as she finished.

Willow sat up, “So what changed since last week?” She was still very skeptical of her former friend.

Morgan sighed, “Xanax,” She said flatly.

Willow cocked her head; it wasn’t the answer she expected. “Really?”

“Yeah, I got sooo drunk after seeing you and Tara all lovey dovey at the banquet a-and I know it’s not an excuse, so please don’t think I’m trying to make excuses. I’m just stating a fact. Anyway, the next day, after I sobered up, I looked in the mirror and didn’t recognize the person staring back. I got physical and I…I hurt you.” She whispered. “Then I started crying and couldn’t stop, all day. So, first thing Monday morning, I went to see a counselor at school and she recommended that I see a doctor…a psychiatrist. So I did and he said I showed classic signs of depression and prescribed the meds. I um, I’m doing better and have appointments to see him twice a week now.”

“Morgan…” Willow almost reached out, fighting the urge to place a comforting hand on the girl, who was clearly hurting, but she definitely did not want to send any mixed signals.

“I just…I want us to be okay and I know it we can probably never be as close of friends as we were before, but I just don’t want all this…this tension between us.”

“Wow, I…I don’t know what to say.” Willow paused while she gathered her thoughts. Morgan was in a very fragile state and Willow felt awful for her friend; knowing all to well what it was like to have an unrequited crush on someone. “Morgan, I’m willing to try if you are. I don’t like all tension either, especially on the ball field. Personally, we have a lot to work out, but we have to be in tune on the field or next season will be a disaster.”

Morgan nodded her head, even though she was staring intently at her nervously fidgeting hands. “I understand,” She whispered as a single tear dripped down her cheek.

Willow’s breath caught when she realized just how callous she sounded. Great job Willow. She just poured her heart out and all you were worried about was softball. “Morg,” Willow said gently, “I didn’t mean that the way it sounded. I do care about you, I just meant-”

“I get it Will, I know how the game is personal for you…how intensely you play and how much it means to you. I just don’t want to be shut out…of your life and our friends’ lives. You guys are my best friends and I just feel like ever since…” Morgan took a much-needed deep breath. “Ever since you started seeing Tara, the entire chemistry of the group changed. You haven’t been around much and as it turns out…you’re the glue that holds all of us together.”

“Oh, I’m not-”

“You are,” Morgan said meaningfully, “We look to you on and off the field. Don’t you see that?”

Willow thought for a moment. Maybe she had retreated, maybe she wasn’t as attentive to her friends as she had been in the past, but then again, maybe Morgan was just trying to give her guilt. Whatever the answer, Willow decided to not push it, so she simply nodded and left it at that. It was something she would need to think about in detail, something that needed coherent thought and after a half dozen jello shots…coherence wasn’t on the menu.

“So anyway,” Morgan said suddenly, “Thanks for letting me stay. This place is gorgeous and I can’t believe that basement, wow!”

Willow chuckled, “Yeah, I had a similar reaction the first time I saw it too. I love watching movies down there. It’s just like being in a regular theater, but without someone constantly kicking your seat or your feet sticking to the floor.” Willow grinned widely. With the air cleared and the serious conversation apparently over, she finally allowed herself to relax a bit as the two continued to chat amicably.

Tara was still in the kitchen and trying to look interested as she kept getting drawn into meaningless conversations with people that just wanted to get close to the famous actress. After Stacey had returned, looking for Kurt and Willow did not; Tara went looking for her girlfriend. When Tara stepped outside, she saw the two women talking and obviously involved in an intense conversation. Watching for several moments, to make sure things were okay, Tara reluctantly eased back inside; allowing them some privacy. She wasn’t thrilled with the prospect of leaving Morgan alone with Willow, especially after the incident at The Swamp, but charging out there like an over protective mother hen wasn’t really an option either. So, she continued to feign interest, wondering just how long was appropriate before she could excuse herself and wander back out to the patio.

Luckily for Tara she didn’t have to wait long before she spotted the familiar mop of red hair emerging through the backdoor. She was also quite happy to see that Morgan hadn’t followed. They made eye contact and Tara smiled warmly; praying for her girl to come rescue her. No sooner had the thought crossed Tara’s mind, than Willow was at her side and sliding an arm around her waist.

She kissed Tara’s cheek and whispered softly in her ear. “Meet me in our bedroom…five minutes.”

Tara shuttered, not because Willow’s warm breath tickled her ear or because it caused a shock of desire to shoot through her entire body, but because Willow said our bedroom and Tara couldn’t stop the giddiness that word evoked. Several minutes after Willow drifted away, Tara was finally able to get out of the awkward conversation, excusing herself and sneaking off to find her girlfriend.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post subject: Re: Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDTED: 7/08/13)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:50 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
DIBS!!!

Yay for an update!

More after I read it.

Well, I have to say I still don't trust Morgan. I know meds can do a world of good in some cases, but being a bitch generally isn't one of them. I'll just have to see what you do with her if anything at all.

Seems like you're pulling things together... maybe finishing it up?

I'm still looking forward to the trip to NY though. :)

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:18 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Awesome update!!! This is such an amazing story - one of my all time favorites. I love the interaction between Tara and Pammie - it is a genuine friendship. :glasses I think it could be interesting to have Stacey as Tara's personal assistant, she seems stable (though compared to pre-Xanax Morgan anyone could be considered stable). Looking forward to the next update!!!
:banana :bounce :wtkiss :bow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:30 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Hooray for updates!!! This is one of my all time favorite fics, so very glad to see an update today.

Rereading the earlier chapters, something just struck me. Tara's TV show kinda sounds like that show, New Girl, which makes every 10000% better xD

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:57 am 
3. Flaming O

yay an update :banana :banana
this fic is so great..waiting for more...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:54 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Tara really should have a permanent assistant/gate guard to keep unwanted people out... I'm glad that there hasn't been any problems... yet... I'm still kinda reserved about Morgan's honesty about Tara being the person that shattered the team unity...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:01 am 
3. Flaming O

I just love this story! The A/U stuff in general is my favorite kind, but for some reason, it's especially this one.
Definitely worth the wait! :)

Thanks for keeping the girls alive all these years! <3

Young and Gorgeous -
now I'm just
'and'.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:50 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Super excited to see an update. I was worried you had forgot about this amazing story. Glad to see that Morgan and Willow were able to talk things out. I'm hoping Morgan is telling the truth and not trying to play another trick on Willow. I think Stacey being Tara's temporary assistant is a great idea.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:06 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Thank you so much for the warm welcome over here and, most importantly, for the update. It was wonderful, as usual! Oh my goodness I can't believe how much I have missed your girls- and Miss Kitty and Ralphie- glad to see them too!! Hope there isn't a length limit on reviews over here because there is always so much goodness in your updates that they usually warrant lengthy reviews.

The first part of this chapter (loved the title, by the way) is one of the reasons why I love this story so much- they are really sweet, loving, and fun with each other. I can totally see Tara peering over the bed at a fallen, frazzled Willow. And I LOVE how only Tara can calm down Willow- she is such a calming influence on even the most stressful times in Willow's life. And glad to see that Sheila is wrong- that the honeymoon for these two is far from over. The little scenes with just these two are always my favorite that you write- and if they are happen to be in a beautiful, nature setting outside, all the better.

I really enjoy Pam and Tara together- their banter back and forth is hilarious- especially Pam's reactions to Willow and Tara together- "Sweet Jesus"- too funny. I am glad Tara has Pam in her life. Other than Willow, Pam seems to be the only one who really gets Tara and isn't using her for her fame or money- or just plain being mean and rude to her; yes, I am looking at you Sheila Rosenberg. Tara needs more people in her life who have her back- hopefully Willow's siblings will become that for her.

Morgan, Morgan, Morgan. This chapter finally made me realize why I dislike her so much (other than they fact that she made my Tara cry)- she just takes away from Willow/Tara time- and anyone who does that, I vicerally dislike. But seriously, I guess I am glad she apologized- not sure how genuine it is. I just wish she had apologized to Tara- afterall, it is Tara's house she is in. A stand up person would have apologized at the front door and asked if it were okay if she came in, since she didn't have an invitation. I am also REALLY surprised Willow didn't mention Morgan's behavior towards Tara to Morgan at all. Willow blasted Morgan after only the second time she'd ever seen Tara. Now they are in love; you'd think she would have at least mentioned Tara to Morgan. Maybe just one too many Jello shots; or she didn't want to cause a scene; or she was just trying to save face for the sake of the softball team. Who knows. But, one of the things I love about these two is how fiercely protective they are of each other- you saw that in Tara when she was talking to Pam about Morgan staying away from Willow. But, Willow let me down a tad in that regard in this update.

Tara continues to just amaze- how wonderful was she in giving Willow time to talk to Morgan while all the while making sure she was okay. Your Tara is the greatest, hands down.

Looking forward to the next update and thank you so much for this one. I more than understand about life getting in the way of some of our fun indulgences. I have been meaning to review your last chapter (on the other board) for about a month now and just haven't taken the time to do it. So, sorry about that. Will get to it at some point. I just want to make sure I review all your chapters because you deserve the praise and feedback. Thanks again!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:39 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Woo hoo for another update. Five months? It doesn't seem like that long but I believe it. BTW: I keep forgetting to go to the store but I've got a gift to send to you. I should have gotten it before we had lunch last week. Brain...

Wow. That party gives me anxiety just reading about it. A bunch of drunk college students letting their friends and everyone else into a party at a movie star house? Scary. I'll be surprised if she doesn't find broken lamps and burned carpet and stuff. I hope nothing important is damaged.

Wow. So Morgan got some help and meds? That's a huge thing. I hope she can keep it up. And I love that Stacey might be Tara's assistant. I think I suggested Stacey or maybe Kurt many many months ago. That sounds really helpful.

Please update quicker next time. Tee hee.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:20 am 

YAY!!!! A update to one of my favorite story's! :banana

I'm glad that the party is going smoothly even with more people then they actually wanted. I don't know about having a quickie in there bedroom with a party going on and with bunch of College kids in there house also.

I'm really happy that Morgan apologies to Willow for the things she did and that she is getting help. Hopefully it's not a setup to get at Willow and Tara.

And I would love for Stacey to be Tara's assistant. And I think it will be good for Willow to have someone around that she knows too.

Can't wait for the next update!!! :bounce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:35 pm 
8. Vixen

Thanks for posting. The day was terrible, getting a dose of this story was just what I needed. Looking forward to reading more.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:59 pm 

Ugh.....So, she has issues, huh :eyebrow ?

Well, the fact that she acknowledged her problems and sought treatment makes Morgan a little less despicable.

However, I still hate her.. :happy lol

If I were Tara, I'd be sweeping the place for hidden cameras and electronic recording devices the minute the door hit her in the ass on the way out!

Stacy as Tara's assistant would work :hmm . Although, I honestly assumed that it would be Willow. But, I could see that being an issue for Willow if Tara expected her to accept a salary.

Please hurry up and get those folks out of Tara and Willow's house, please :pray ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:35 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Yippee-Doo! So happy to see an update!

Oh, Shelby, I must say you had me more than a little nervous when Morgan worked her way inside, but her talk with Willow nearly has me convinced that she's sincere. I still don't completely trust her after everything. She's going to have to prove herself many times over to earn back Willow and Tara's trust. I like how Tara kept an eye on them but didn't push. That must've been so hard, but she knew they needed some space. I sure hope Morgan truly is better on the meds and is really trying to get better. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Now after this party, I'm thinking Tara needs more than assistant, although I do like the idea of Stacey taking the job. That many people in her house, letting more unknown people in makes me nervous. At least it would if it was my big, fancy house. She may need to consider a little security every once in a while. I'm just sayin'. And Willow saying "our" bedroom was perfect, and slipping off to their bedroom was even better.

I really, really can't wait to see what's next. Thanks for the update, busy lady!

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:03 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
YAY it's good to see this story back on the board too :applause

“Tara I can’t, we fell asleep and slept all afternoon! It’s after five!!!” Willow exclaimed and she tried to literally hop into her pants, but ended up falling face first on to the floor.

You just have to love Willow spazzing out.

Tara smiled appreciatively as she admired Willow’s nakedness from the waist up. Willow’s smooth back, with the light smattering of freckles and the slightly protruding backbone.

Hmm naked Willow :drool

She crawled over and embraced Willow from behind; pressing her own naked chest to her girlfriend’s back and wrapping her arms around her stomach.

Hmm naked Tara :drool What!!!! I'm appreciative of the female form that's all :P

It says a great deal about Tara's character that she is willing to allow Morgan into her home after her threats towards Willow. Though I have to say if Morgan does try to cause trouble Tara gives her a solid right hook, if only to knock some sense into her.

Like the reference to the episode 'Family' when Stacey describes Renee's plus one as having a 'full and manly beard'.

I wonder if Morgan has been secretly watching Willow and is approaching her with her story now because she knows Willow is a little the worse for wear for drink.Then again maybe she's being honest and has suffered from depression.

“You are,” Morgan said meaningfully, “We look to you on and off the field. Don’t you see that?”

This I can believe because Willow herself has mentioned how her name is chanted at games by the students who go to watch the softball games and how the team always expect her to do her back flip at the start of each game for luck.

Now what can Willow possibly want to meet Tara in their bedroom for? It can't be for sexy fun time, not with the house currently invaded by dozens of non-invited guests. Guess we'll just have to wait and see but please don't have us waiting 5 months for the next installment please :kiss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next